Speaker 1: It is Monday, December twenty third.
Speaker 2: This is Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: Jaguars Happy Hour is brought to you by Jet Home Loans and now a guy with his own missiletoe farm jap check that can be convenient Welcome in.
Speaker 1: It is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans, JP Shadrick from the Hundai Studios Busy two hours ahead on ten tenxl Amjaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube recapping another Jaguars loss, Raiders nineteen Jaguars fourteen. The only bright spot Brian Thomas Junior goes over one thousand yards for the season. Defensive issues continue, though we'll keep it real involving the draft order, which has improved fanatics, fan questions, we'll try to get to those coming up. We'll go around the National Football League as well. After the game in law Las Vegas, another loss head coach Doug Peterson.
Speaker 4: Ah, you're right, it's not for the you know, for lack of effort, physicality and all that. The guys, guys do play hard, but the mistakes, penalties, you know, things that just kind of held us back all season.
Speaker 1: It's just it's the it's the.
Speaker 4: I think his coaches players. It is the frustrating part. And uh, until we get that corrected, obviously, you know there's gonna be a lot of a lot of long days. We gotta get fixed.
Speaker 1: Boy, A frustrated head coach after the game. Pete Prisco, CBS Sports senior writer in South Florida. Pro Football Hall of Fame left tackle Tony Bisselli is at home in his home studio today and uh, boy, that that's a that's a defeat. It's so it's so funny, Tony. What's the what's the smile?
Speaker 2: I mean what you called it my home studio? Yeah, I guess. Uh, it's Christmas.
Speaker 5: I got my daughter flew in today from Oklahoma. I got you know, Christmas Eve. But so we have a bunch of family here and I'm like, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna kick it here so I can spend as much time as possible with him.
Speaker 6: Plus plus he could always it's always great to do the show next to your bust. I mean, what the hell me and j P don't have busts behind us and our.
Speaker 2: Shall I just leave it like that?
Speaker 6: No, it's bad enough seeing one of those heads, the real one but no, uh, by the way back to Doug, Well, until we get it fixed, so we're gonna have don't worry about it. It's probably only two more weeks to worry about fixing it.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying, I'm not I'm saying with this group.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no yeah, I mean, listen, how do I say this. You're three and twelve. I mean the high level mark at this point is five and twelve.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 5: I mean, you got to finish the season, and you got to try to finish it the best you possibly can. And if you're It's different for the fans and us compared to the players and coaches because the players and coaches don't care about draft status or anything like that, and so they just want to win and that's what they should be thinking about. They just want to try to finish on a good note, some positive feelings on a Sunday night. Enjoy, you know, try to enjoy the last you know, two weeks of this season where the fans beat and you know this, I mean we saw it. The Raider fans were ticked leaving Oakland, I mean I leave in Las Vegas because they're like, wait a second, we won the game.
Speaker 2: But we have the worst draft of status.
Speaker 7: Well, now they don't have the quarterback, right.
Speaker 5: And so everybody else, you know, the fans and everyone else at this point are side. Listen, Let's get the best possible draft pick we can.
Speaker 2: Let's get this thing over with and let's get to the off season.
Speaker 6: So I was waiting for the call down Raiders, Raiders from above Mark Davis. He says, please let them score, Please let them score. You know, think about think about how the fortunes you franchise might change. You might have had one of those two quarterbacks and if one of them turns out, if the one you were gonna get turns out to be like Jayden Daniels, you just ruined it.
Speaker 5: Well not yet, I mean, still two weeks to go. I mean, I think the only thing we know about the NFL draft is that the Giants are going to be had the first overall pick.
Speaker 2: That's about all we know.
Speaker 1: Feels that way, right, that.
Speaker 2: Knows what's gonna happen. I mean, it can change multiple times.
Speaker 6: Well, this game to Jacksonville this week is big for draft seeding, draft position.
Speaker 5: But this is the worst possible place for an organization where your fan base is like literally hoping to lose because the fan base cares more about the draft at this point than anything.
Speaker 7: Else, well not almost anything else.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's be honest.
Speaker 5: The fan base cares about what's going to happen the Monday after the season.
Speaker 6: Well, the fan base wants changes they want, that's fair. Let's be the fan base wants everybody out, start all over and and go from there.
Speaker 7: That's first and foremost. That's one priority.
Speaker 5: Here's my it'll be interesting. I haven't looked at the X questions yet today. I'm sure I can guess what they are because it's been a theme the last you know, several weeks to months. But if you like, if I was stack ranking what the fans care about right now, one would be change, two would be the draft, and then three would be what happens on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Might even be further down than three.
Speaker 5: Sudden, Well, if there's only three categories in my point, and that's third, and if you waited those, it's sixty percent.
Speaker 2: You know, change, thirty nine percent draft, and one percent.
Speaker 6: I take your high on the high on the draft, because the way that the fans look at it, the draft won't matter unless you make changes.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe it's ninety percent nine and then yeah, nine point nine percent draft and zero point one percent you know, Sunday's game.
Speaker 6: And I don't even know if point one percent factors that you might not even register.
Speaker 7: That's how bad that I can't image what the crowd is going to be.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, who knows.
Speaker 5: But here's this is the sad thing for me because I mean, I even have a different perspective than you, Pete. I mean, and I know you care about the franchise, but I love this boll.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 5: So it pains me to be in the position we are that our fan base is thinking one thing completely on a different page than what's happening in the building with the coaches and players. And that's the like, when it's going good, this time of the year is the best to be in an NFL city. When you're when you have a good football team, you're winning, Your fans are going crazy, they're you know, so excited, the players are excited.
Speaker 2: Like everyone's aligned.
Speaker 5: And that's that's the magical part of the NFL come December, and unfortunately that's not where we are right now.
Speaker 7: And that was a bad team they lost.
Speaker 1: To them they lost ten in a row, Pete the r.
Speaker 6: I mean, here's the other part of that is how many guys. I mean, when you look, when you look at coaches and gms over the years, how many guys make it through on ten game losing streets streaks after what happened last year? I mean, the ain't a lot.
Speaker 2: So you think Antonio pierces out too.
Speaker 6: I do. I think Brady is going to go in there and take that thing over and give up his TV booth and and and become their executive VP.
Speaker 7: And he's gonna make a change. I think that.
Speaker 6: And and again, if you make a change and you don't get a quarterback, it ain't gonna matter anyways. Let's let's that's first and foremost. And they blew a great opportunity to get a quarterback. Now, whether you believe Shador Sanders or cam Ward is the answer. There's a clear line of delineation between those two and the next ones. And so you give yourself a chance. And if you don't get him, what are your options? Go pay Sam Darnold fifty million dollars a year. I don't go get Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: I don't think Minnesota is gonna let you out let him out of the building.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't think so either, But go get go, get go, get Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: After don't get JJ, then when he's ready, you can't get him if they're not gonna play him.
Speaker 6: That's just the point, though, is if you don't get the quarterback, I don't care who your head coach is.
Speaker 7: If your quarterback isn't fixed, you're not winning.
Speaker 2: Well, well, hold on, I'm gonna back up for a second.
Speaker 5: First of all, Pete, I you're like, this is why you're wrong on that statement, and I'm gonna use it like a team this year and we didn't talk about this, but let's like just act like you. I just gave you truth serum. So you got to tell the truth here. Boy, you got to think back to what you were thinking at the moment beginning of the season, before one game had been played. J. J. McCarthy's out hurt. They got rid of Danil Hunter on defense. It looked like a rebuild type of situation. Kevin O'Connell, I think we all think he's a good coach. I mean, coming into the season, we know he's a good coach. Now, I mean I always thought it's good coach. But we thought he was a good coach. But Sam Donald's going to be the quarterback. Pete, how many games was Minnesota winning In Pete Pritzo's mind, was Sam Donald's quarterback?
Speaker 6: Eight eight?
Speaker 2: They're thirteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so my point is you have to have talent at the quarterback position, and I think Sam Donald's a talented player who's not fined. The you know who went to the Jets. It was the disaster, the situation there. He bounced around trying to get footing. But the bottom line is it's not just great quarterback play.
Speaker 2: You have to have a.
Speaker 5: You have to have a above average, a good quarterback.
Speaker 2: You have to have a great quarterback, and you have to have good, great coaching.
Speaker 5: And the same thing I'll say because we all now want to make our exciting about Jared Goffin. He's an MVP, but like rewind the tap, two and a half years, everyone thought that there was no chance he was going to make it in Detroit. He started slow. He even said himself this week he thought he was getting benched when Dan Campbell called him into his office.
Speaker 7: But he had also been to a Super Bowl for Ramsta Beat.
Speaker 2: But I know for a fact you were done with Jared Goff when he.
Speaker 6: Went yes, I was not I I was. In fact, I was one. I'll be honest about Sam Darnold. Never saw this coming ever, and and in the back of my mind it's still there. When does it become Sam Darnold.
Speaker 5: It's hard not to. I mean, that's human nature. I guess my point is, Beat, I think it's not just head coaches. I think really good organizations with alignment top to bottom, with really good head coaching and coaching staff can do a lot.
Speaker 2: As long as you have a good quarterback. You don't have to have Joe Burrow.
Speaker 6: But you have to have for sustainable success in the NFL, you have to have coach, big people.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: I'm not in that order, but I'm just saying I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna give you what you have to have for a good organization, ownership, front office, coach, quarterback, big people.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll give you that, and and you look at Okay, let's let's for example, let's use the Bengals. They have the coach, I mean, the quarterback, they don't have the big people on the I mean their their interior. Their lines have been bad for a long time, and some people question whether they have the coach.
Speaker 2: I think he's a good coach.
Speaker 6: I do too, And some people question their front office, which I don't either, because I think he's done a pretty good job for considering what they have. So, you know, ownership, people say the Bengals are cheap. That's an old narrative. It's not the same narrative. So so they're not winning because they don't have the big people. You can go around the league and one of those five is you're right. One of those five is bad. You're not winning.
Speaker 7: But for me, it starts with general manager, quarterback, then.
Speaker 6: Coach, because if you don't have the quarterback, to Tony, if you don't have the quarterback, you could have the greatest coach in the world.
Speaker 7: Look at Belichick when he didn't have the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let's make sure we're saying the same thing here, because I think we are. Actually when you say if you don't have the quarterback, I think when people hear that, immediately people listening to us and think of Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, you know, go down the list of the you know, top three to five quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: My point is is.
Speaker 5: You can have a top ten to twelve quarterback.
Speaker 7: Yes, you can have Dak Prescott and win.
Speaker 2: That's a great example.
Speaker 1: Is Trevor Lawrence That.
Speaker 5: Yes, I am. Let me just say it now. I've said it ten times this year. I'm gonna say it again. I am a firm believer. I have strong convictions that Trevor Lawrence can win you a Super Bowl. And I still believe this organ that the organization I love, the Jacksonville Jaguars will win a super Bowl with Trevor Lawrence as the quarterback.
Speaker 6: I think you can win a super Bowl with Trevor Lawrence as well. I don't like what they've done to him.
Speaker 2: Well, no one does.
Speaker 6: There's reams well, but there's there's reasons for it. And I think with the with the right.
Speaker 2: System, they're four and seventeen right since.
Speaker 6: But again last year, and he's got to I mean, he's got he needs better coaching, but he needs better system.
Speaker 7: He needs to play better all of it, A, B and C.
Speaker 6: He needs.
Speaker 5: I mean, well he's not I mean just I mean, let's if you're getting to the game on Sunday, let's let's just go through this and this year, Yeah, Trevor needs to be better. So I'm not excusing Trevor, and I don't think he would excuse himself. But Trevor doesn't line up on sides or in the right formation. Trevor does not run the proper coverage. Trevor is not responsible for everyone knowing their assignments like and so it's not Yeah, Trevor needs to play better. But I mean Doug talked about today and I could see the frustration on his face.
Speaker 6: But it ultimately that falls at the foot of the coach.
Speaker 2: Well that's where I was gonna go, Pete. You know, it's one thing.
Speaker 5: It's one thing if it's a one week deal, but we're looking at now a season and it was the same issues last year at the back half of the season. We're busting coverages, busts on defense and line it up and everything else. It's carried over to this year and so you know that that has to that has to be fixed. I mean I said it this morning with with Dan JP and I did a thing for the UK or UK audience, and I'll say it again here. Before you can win in this league, you got to start by not beating yourself. I mean that's I mean, you can't beat yourself. We beat ourselves more than the other team beats us.
Speaker 7: It's sloppy, just sloppy football.
Speaker 1: And let's dig into that when we come back a little bit more, some of the details of that. It showed up again certainly in Las Vegas yesterday. Coming up a little later the second hour of the program, we'll have your fanatics, fan questions.
Speaker 6: We'll keep it real.
Speaker 1: Another Jags loss three and twelve record, two games to go, and if you want customized Jaggs furniture for your home, check out zipchair dot com and browse all customizable options zip Chair Furniture for fans. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loan.
Speaker 8: I know, for the guys that haven't been around, it's harder, and I've been through this stuff many times, and you just gotta go play ball and know that your tape is your resume and everyone's watching the tape and that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: And it stinks.
Speaker 8: I do everything in my power to scream at guys and cuss and say let's effing go.
Speaker 3: But here's what it is.
Speaker 1: T Andrew Wingard got some playing time in the game in Las Vegas this week on the defensive side. Three passes defense and Welcome Back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by jet Hoolme Loans ten toon Xcel, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube JP Shadwick, Tony Boselli, Pete Frisco after a Jaguars lost nineteen fourteen ugly ugly, ugly football game.
Speaker 6: Pet By the way, he is not a happy CAMPERO. If I was, if I was the old beat guy on that team, I would have had three or four stories out of him by the time miking by from the last one.
Speaker 1: He was a little salty by not being on the field. It sounded like, well, I know what.
Speaker 6: He's not wrong.
Speaker 2: That was That was.
Speaker 5: Very undooey like, because Dewey's like the consumt and like teams, he's the hype.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was interesting.
Speaker 6: That was something that he has been waiting to say for a while.
Speaker 1: He's coming off with the injury and all that, and that was kind of the.
Speaker 6: How long has he been off that a month?
Speaker 5: I think he's only been back four weeks ago, right, I think it's.
Speaker 6: A month it's a month, but once you're cleared, that means you're ready to go. And he didn't go.
Speaker 2: Well wait, he played special teams beat.
Speaker 6: But he should have been on the field.
Speaker 5: I got a question for you too, and I'll give my opinion after you guys give yours.
Speaker 2: How did you think do we play?
Speaker 6: I watched the tape today. It was just.
Speaker 2: How does it? Okay, how did do we play? Compared to the safety play we've had all year?
Speaker 6: Much better? I mean, but like he jumps, he comes running up on some routes where.
Speaker 7: I get you, but it Yes, he was a much more active.
Speaker 6: Yes he should have been. Did you watch the tape today? Yes, okay, you know what I'm talking about. When he there's a couple of plays where he comes buzzing up. He's playing a good team with a good receiving group. They go over the top of him. But saying that, and he also missed the tackle. He took the wrong gap on the touch that was perfect, but on the touchdown run he got caught it saw he jumped inside? Yes, yes, yeah, but he made plays which you haven't been seeing from that spot.
Speaker 5: Okay, am I correct that he had three pass breakups yes, can we can someone tell me the number of pass breakups the rest of the safeties out.
Speaker 6: On the year.
Speaker 1: I can probably do that. Give me a second. I can find it real quick.
Speaker 6: And you know you're not wrong Tony. He was active, and he was he knew, He looked like he knew where he was going a lot of the time, which is again been part of the problem.
Speaker 5: I just watched that and I'm like, is it just me or do we like making more plays?
Speaker 2: And we've seen that in the safety position.
Speaker 1: Cisco has seven for the year. Let's see Darnel Savage has six for the year, but he's been kind of a nickel.
Speaker 6: He's safety for eight weeks.
Speaker 1: Seven eight weeks and Wingers got three. Johnson, Antonio Johnson has one.
Speaker 7: Yes, he should have been and he had reading the reason to gripe.
Speaker 6: If you come back off an injury and the guys playing in front of you are tearing it up, then you get it. Yeah, they have it. They've been.
Speaker 7: That's been one of the weakest spots of the team the entire year.
Speaker 2: But I was like, he messed up on the on the touchdown. He jumps, he jumped inside that that I'm not excusing it, but happens.
Speaker 5: I'm just telling you, especially in the fourth quarter he popped on film and make busted to remember play and a half he had spreak ups and half.
Speaker 6: I think he played like sixty snaps though didn't he.
Speaker 2: I thought he only played the second half. Maybe he got came in.
Speaker 1: The first Oh more than that, I think. I mean, let's see, I thought he played like sixty snaps. Winger played eighty five percent of the snaps.
Speaker 9: Okay, so so Savage got hurt early then yeah, yeah, yeah, but again he has reason to be upset, and I'm glad he showed it, but that would have been again, that should have been out like a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 7: You know, you know how I used to do Tony go over there and go.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know, shouldn't you be playing? Are you ready to play? Why do they hold you back? Hey?
Speaker 1: By the way, it kind of feels like to me, that's one of the first times we've heard really kind of a raw emotion out of anybody in a lot that that intense this year.
Speaker 2: That's I think we're saying that's the first time, and I think you're jp.
Speaker 5: I'm not in every open locker room and out here every comment, So maybe there's others. It's the first time I can remember what you would call a comment off the script of the what the coach wants.
Speaker 2: Right, by the way, that's not a shot at Doug.
Speaker 5: Every head coach and I played for one who wanted to control the message more than anyone in the history of mankind, like Tom did not want.
Speaker 2: Players going off script, like here's the message.
Speaker 5: Like the message was what he said in the team room, you know, supporting your players, never say anything bad about the opponent, Like that was the script.
Speaker 2: Basically.
Speaker 5: Now, we had a bunch of guys who went off script sometimes.
Speaker 6: Thank god you did for my business.
Speaker 5: We did go off script at times, But that was the first time I can remember going off like here in a player this year go off script.
Speaker 2: Like do he made it clear, like, hey, timing out.
Speaker 6: There, that's what and I've been doing that all along. Basically he is what he's saying. Here's the other thing about it, And you got to ask your something this. If he hadn't been hurt, would you have started this year.
Speaker 5: I'll just say this, it's a small sample size, but I'm based on what I saw yesterday he should be your start and safety.
Speaker 6: So should he start next week?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I mean, what's his contract status?
Speaker 7: This is his last year, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Before the Sea?
Speaker 6: That's right? But how many years was it?
Speaker 2: Three? Guess?
Speaker 6: I got it. I thought he had maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three years nine point six.
Speaker 6: He should be on the field, yes, because going forward he's going to be a part of the team. He should be on the field. So next you know how they took Darby and sat him down, next week they should take somebody whichever one you want to sit him down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next year twenty five is his final year of his contract.
Speaker 6: Hey, JP, what do they say about Savage's injury today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Concussion protocol, So he'll be iffy for next week anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right, So we'll see.
Speaker 7: So if he's not there, Dewey should start for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, and then you look the next year, Pete, My guess is not looking We did this last week and we didn't look at Savage's number. I'm sure Savage has a pretty big dead number because he just signed if I mean, so, Savage is going to be back up, And I'm not saying Savage doesn't deserve me back that's not my point that the team of dead contract this one.
Speaker 6: Here's Jacksonville team of dead contracts.
Speaker 1: Darnell Savage. Cap hit next year four point eight million, the dead cap ten point twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna keep him. I mean Savage. I mean, I don't think Savage been Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 6: Should have been playing safety the whole time, like I said in the preseason.
Speaker 5: Like at this point, which is disappointing because I thought Cisco's have a big year.
Speaker 6: I mean, he is a free agent, he's got, he's gone. In fact, he shouldn't be on the field. Dewey should be on the field.
Speaker 5: So I mean, very well, and then an turn the Johnson's back. He's a young player, very affordable contract.
Speaker 6: He barely played yesterday, by the way.
Speaker 2: Not much.
Speaker 5: But I mean, would it surprise you if next year you're starting safeties or Savage and Dewey.
Speaker 6: No, not at all. But but Savage. Why they tried Savage at nickel corner is the biggest mystery I've ever seen in my entire life. But I said it all preseason.
Speaker 7: You know, I did, I pounded, I go, he's not a nickel corner.
Speaker 2: You did, But Pete. He did play Nickel.
Speaker 7: And green I get it, but that's not what he is.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. That's what he played in green Bay.
Speaker 7: Safety in green Bay too, a lot of it.
Speaker 1: By the way, the whole narrative last week going into the game was, hey, brock Bauers is really good at tight end, and he's closing in on a thousand yards and could break Mike Dicker's rookie record of receiving yards for a tight end and all this first play from scrimmage from their own three.
Speaker 6: He got picked on that. It was real and he did once he got picked he barely even played the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: You know, he came out.
Speaker 2: He hurt his ankle.
Speaker 6: Was is it? Is that why he came out or was he he got he got picked on that play and off he went off. That Bowers is good.
Speaker 7: Now, how about every time he needed a first down the game?
Speaker 1: Tight ends do huh?
Speaker 2: He had two drops of the easy balls. He dropped two easy balls. He made two catches off his shoe tops on the move that were so athletic and amazing.
Speaker 6: I'm like, he's not a great blocker, but as far as pass catching tight ends, he might be the best in the league right now, but they.
Speaker 2: Don't have I mean, Michael Meyer Mayor is the is the the blocking tight end.
Speaker 6: But they also have a bad quarterback. I mean that was like you watched that game yesterday, It was like a how not to on the position? My god, and you know what, And going back to Jacksonville's quarterback and we'll get more into that, he had clean pockets all damn day. I mean none none.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's come back.
Speaker 2: Anton gave him a little pressure. He struggled again.
Speaker 6: Later in the game. Though early in the game he was okay. But later in the game, you're rady gave up some pressures. But for the most part, and by the way, the guy who went in at left tackle wasn't bad.
Speaker 5: Van Lannon has shown himself valuable and played well.
Speaker 7: Can he play guard? No, he's not big, he's not thick enough.
Speaker 1: Let's come back in a moment. We'll dig a little more into this quarterback conversation that Pete would love to get into. And yes, the offensive line protecting him yesterday and a Jaguars losing effort. Sign up to your furry friend for the Jaguars Official four Legged Fan Club for Pets is presented by Forever Vets Animal Hospital. Your pet receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout this season. Better hurry visit Jaguars dot Com, Slash Promotion, Slash four Legged Band Club and sign up now. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's done a good job that once again are gonna take him away. And I missed him early. We had the one misconnection on the hold and then he made a couple of great plays late. So always gonna keep fighting. He's his own biggest critic and so am I, so we fit well together. But I think he had like, you know, ten ten or some catches probably for one hundred something yards.
Speaker 1: So he did his.
Speaker 6: Part and we got to continue to give him the ball.
Speaker 1: It's Mac Jones Jaguars quarterback twenty five of thirty nine through the air to forty seven a touchdown, No picks from Mac Jones one hundred and thirty two of those yards to Brian Thomas Junior. Welcome back. It's Jaguars are presented by Jet Home Loans from the Hyundai Studios. If you're looking for the MVP of the truck game. Better check out the twenty twenty four to Ford F one fifty, loaded with impressive capability and game changing tech. You can dominate work play and everything in between. Test drive and F one fifty at your local four dealer. Proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars JP Shadick, Tony Viselli, Pete Prisco, tintinex LAM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube. The bright spot of the Jags offense yesterday, of course, Brian Thomas Junior. And there was some left out there. The drop ball they had the holding call on with negated it anyway, the double move thrown out of bounds. I mean he was opened between the safety and corner there. Mac just missed him. But uh, you say it every week, Pete, this guy's a star in the making.
Speaker 6: He's fantastic and only the tip of the iceberg. They have their guy. You know, all the good offenses love to have that guy because it creates so much on the other side. You know, you look what Chase does, and Chase is fantastic and Burrows great, don't get me wrong, But with Higgins over there, I mean it opens up Higgins in one on one situations, and I think that's what Thomas is going to do going forward.
Speaker 7: I love his game, I love his competitiveness.
Speaker 6: He does get a little frustrated when the past doesn't come as well. Yeah right, or or or on that one on the sidelines. His body language after that throw wasn't great. But but you gotta love it for a young player, and I think he's fantastic. And that is one player who's going to be a star. And I don't think there's any doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Pete, have you watched every top receiver in this league?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right. Oh, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 7: But he's good to that. You didn't think of your rookie, would he does?
Speaker 2: I think it's just I think it's an eight.
Speaker 6: It comes with the position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, tell me one alpha dog that when he doesn't get the ball or isn't thrown right, that gives you like warm and fuzzies afterwards.
Speaker 6: Like I always used to say. And I love him to death, and he's one of the best receiver coaches in the league. If Keenan had three for twenty eight and you won, he was not nearly as happy as he was when he had eight thirty two. I'm telling you, and.
Speaker 7: John O'shaw will back it up for me. And don't get me wrong, he love.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about like a day after, not right after the game, but a day later.
Speaker 7: Come on, Tony, that's he's just a receiver in him.
Speaker 2: First of all, Keenan was never covered his whole career. He was always open.
Speaker 6: Ask It's so great. It's so great to watch him now though, Like yesterday, Jefferson had a touchdown and got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for celebration, and I watched Keenan go over there and give him like the old man lecture. Come on, Keenan. But as it is, I'm with you. Every receiver in the league. I don't care who they are. They want the ball and they cry about not getting the ball.
Speaker 2: What's what's Brian Thomas's Ian Thomas Junior's ceiling.
Speaker 6: Pete right there with Chase and Jefferson right below him. I think right there because those two are in there, they're in special, special, special category. He's right right below them. I think it has it Theyn't get me wrong. With hard work and better offense and a better quarterback play, he can be there. But right now I think his ceiling is right below that, which is special.
Speaker 5: By the way, what I am interested to see because my takeaway those other guys is that they.
Speaker 2: Are hard workers too.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying I'm not saying Brian Thomas Junior is it. But the next test for him is between year one and year two, does he go do the work to be a great player, Because we've seen a lot of guys do it for one year, but the really good ones and the great ones do a year in and year out.
Speaker 6: Well, that's in the next step. Tony is now that everybody knows he's that guy. How do you handle the double how do you handle the physical play?
Speaker 7: How do you handle over.
Speaker 6: The top safeties and getting mugged at the line of scrimping? That's all the great ones learned to handle it. The ones that fall off are the ones that flash, don't put the work in and never learn how to handle it.
Speaker 7: And so you're right to that degree.
Speaker 6: And now when you're an alpha receiver, you're gonna get all the extra attention and you got to learn how to handle it. And and from everything I heard, and this is the second hand story I was told from miss days at LSU. Neighbors was the worker Thomas wasn't. When he first got there, they were very good friends. They looked around. He said, hey, if he's getting all attention and catching all those passes and doing what he's doing, I better get my butt doing the same exact thing.
Speaker 7: And he did, and that's why he got better and better and better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know Brian well enough.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's obviously just the rookie. But there's nothing that I have seen that would make me think he's not going to be a worker and do what it thinks. It's just that's the next step, that's the evolution for him as a NFL player, to build on this tremendous franchise wrecker setting rookie year.
Speaker 6: I mean he's been You redrafted the draft right now, and wide receivers went in order. You still might take Neighbors ahead of him. You're not taking Marvin Harrison over him. You're not taking Rome with Dounsday over him.
Speaker 2: No, he would be the first or second receiver off the board.
Speaker 6: Correct, correct, which is by the way I actually the way I had it ranked was Neighbors. I like Thomas second, and I didn't love Harrison. You remember that because I didn't think he ran that well, and I don't think he's as sudden as these guys. These guys are sudden. Brian Thomas is sudden when he gets that, when he gets the ball in his hands, he's going, He's going, man, that's going. Well.
Speaker 2: He has an extra gear that, yeah, very few have.
Speaker 1: Can we uh? Can we get back to the quarterback play? Yesterday?
Speaker 6: I was to go upstairs. Where are you upstairs or you downstairs at your house? I'm downstairs, Okay, go upstairs, and you should make or go wherever the kitchen is and make a sandwich, because that's what your trade that you were going to get.
Speaker 7: You were going to make a trade for mac Jones a couple.
Speaker 6: Of weeks ago.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you want to put it between it?
Speaker 6: What do you got?
Speaker 7: I got any turkey or roast beef or something?
Speaker 6: Come on, I think that's still one of the great things about was it two months ago?
Speaker 5: The season at the beginning of the seasons.
Speaker 6: Just refreshed for everybody. What did you say?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna repeat it because I was wrong, but I.
Speaker 7: Bring that up every Sunday when we're sitting in our green room.
Speaker 6: I bring up with you. Everybody starts, well.
Speaker 2: I hope you bring up after that. You know you're will Lemis take.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll believe me. I get non stop for that, and deservedly so. And but again mac Jones.
Speaker 2: I just thought he was better. Pete.
Speaker 7: I don't sometimes I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: He he leaves clean pockets too much. And you know what the biggest thing that jumps out of me, Pete when there's no pressure, even he doesn't go through his whole progression, he like.
Speaker 6: He throws it into the dirt at the foot of the guy. He goes to his first like he never And I'll give you one. And you probably saw this. He threw one got to the right. I can't remember who it was, but he had Strange. If he comes back off his progression, I think he bailed on the play. But he comes back he has Strange wide open on it and Strange has his hand up. Do you remember that one down the sideline. It's a touchdown. But he never goes there. He stays on his first progression, or he bails. It's it's that simple. And when he does bail, it's you know, the only time he really made a play when he bailed was late in the game when he kept his head up and threw that one down there. You know, Yeah, that was a good play. But everything is it's herky jerky. Is that the I mean, there's nothing smooth about it, you know what it is.
Speaker 2: Peter's feet are all over the place.
Speaker 6: Bad bad, It's almost like and I thought the protection was pretty good on Sunday. It was fine.
Speaker 2: It was NFL. It was fine. It's gonna be I mean, it's gonna be muddied at times.
Speaker 5: But and I had thought Pete and I don't know, maybe this is a result of you know, the.
Speaker 2: End in New England. But Matt Jones is not a top level athlete. Like he's not. He's a pocket quarterback.
Speaker 5: And I thought he would be a guy who'd sit in the pocket, work the pocket.
Speaker 2: And you know, and make throws down feel and he's not. He gets out of there way quicker than.
Speaker 6: And then he puts a lot of passes that aren't in play. Yeah, I mean, give a guy a chance, you know, he doesn't give him chances. Look, let's be real, he's not the difference between him and Bethard ain't that much.
Speaker 7: Not and you know, as a Jacksonville kid, you'd like to.
Speaker 6: See him succeed.
Speaker 2: But I'm rooting hard for him.
Speaker 6: He's a backup quarterback in the national football they got.
Speaker 2: I think that's right.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the difference between him and Bethro I think Bethann's better at going through progressions.
Speaker 2: Bethri just doesn't have the arm right.
Speaker 5: Strength and and Mac is a better arm than Bethor, but doesn't.
Speaker 2: Go through the progression like Bethrin does.
Speaker 6: I mean, there were times where you sit there and you go, I don't know what he's why he's get leaving. Just stay there, stay there, stay there. They don't and and look, you can get be guilty of holding the ball too.
Speaker 7: Long and staying there. He didn't even any close to that. He's out of there right away.
Speaker 6: And it's not like, okay, if you if you were Jayden Daniels and you were getting out of there, that's one. That's another story. Because you can move with Lamar Jackson. He can't move, like you said, what are you moving to?
Speaker 2: Even Trevor. Trevor's an athlete.
Speaker 6: He can run and do stuff, and Trevor leaves pockets too soon too.
Speaker 5: I agree, but I had thought coming into this season. Okay, if Mack has to play, he's gonna be more of a pocket passers.
Speaker 2: And hang in there you go.
Speaker 5: You know, you gotta give him some time, but he's gonna work the pocket and he just doesn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think he's Sam Donald or Baker Mayfield two point up.
Speaker 1: Let's come back in a moment thing.
Speaker 2: Bete what a year ago? Two years ago?
Speaker 5: No, everyone thought Sam Donald was nothing but a backup, and now he's someone's gonna pay him fifty million bucks.
Speaker 6: A true, Yeah, it's true. I don't think he's getting fifty million.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's get forty.
Speaker 6: He'll get he'll get what Baker got thirty five ish.
Speaker 1: That's not a jump change, that's for sure. Let's come back. Let's get into the penalties yesterday. We'll get to these guys when we come back. This is what we have to deal with each and every Monday is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans Welcome Back, JP Shadwick, Pete Prisco, Tony Vasselli. Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Hoolme Loans ten Tenxlam Jaguars dot Com Jaguars YouTube Glad you're with us after a Jaguars lost to the Raiders nineteen fourteen ugly football game. Next week, though, it's the jaguars final home game of the twenty twenty four regular season, join us Sunday for the fan appreciation game when the Jaguars take on the Tennessee Titans and try to sweep the season series. Walk in your seats for the divisional matchup at Jaguars dot com slash tickets. That'd be a nice stocking stuffer for Sanna to purchase. Jags issues. There are many right next to the coal. There's some lumps of coal over this place right now. Unfortunately, Jags issues yesterday they were many. But I mean, I'm sitting here, Pete, and I'm looking at this sequence of penalties. First off, Eric Armstead was off side twice in a row. They were both declined because of the long passes on him. And then in the second quarter Las Vegas back to back fall starts moves him back and then the Jaguars have back to back off side from heinz Allen and Trayvon Walker. They could have had more than that. What in the world.
Speaker 6: Happened bad football for both teams and bad teams.
Speaker 7: That's what happened. When you're a bad team, you do stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, Pete, I.
Speaker 5: Said during the broadcast, because Frank and Jeff and I were look at each other up to that little sequence, and I just said, this is what you get when you have two teams with double digit losses playing each other.
Speaker 2: It kind of is what it is.
Speaker 7: Here's the other part of it.
Speaker 6: It what you were talking about, situational and coaching and everything. What happened at the two minute warning? Do you remember the time out at the two minute warning?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The first sat The first I think was the clock because I don't think they were going to run out of play clock.
Speaker 7: Were they because it was looked like it was synced.
Speaker 5: I think it was the second behind, or like three quarters of the second behind, So I think it would have.
Speaker 7: See on the broadcast they said it wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Really it was really close, Pete, like really really close, And so I think that.
Speaker 6: Doug just, I mean, again, not great the way you handle that. Why do you let it go down like that even in that situation. I mean, you're clearly trying to get that playoff before the two minute warning. So why why allowed to even get close to that?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just they're just you could there's a laundry list of.
Speaker 6: Stuff every week that you can look at, the busts in the secondary, the dumb penalties, the hold on the fourth on the fourth down run or the third was that? Yeah, the fourth down run? Did you did you think he held him? He grabbed a little bit, maybe, but that that's sometimes that one's not.
Speaker 5: Called his hands are outside the body right under. So by the rule of the law, the letter of the law, I should say that's a penalty. And I will say this year, Pete, they are calling holding much tighter than they have in the past.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But and in reality was it didn't have a lot to do with that run. I didn't think that guy wasn't gonna get there anyways.
Speaker 2: I didn't find I thought it was a ticki tack call.
Speaker 5: But by the letter of the law, you can't have your hands outside.
Speaker 6: But look at the bright side, it set the set the stage for the checkdown on fourth and twenty or whatever it.
Speaker 2: Was, fourth and eleven.
Speaker 6: Fourth, What are you doing here here, Johnson? Jaronis, go get it Darren's Johnson. Go get it, Go get yourself eleven yards.
Speaker 2: But that was enough. Now.
Speaker 5: Doug said in his pressure today that they dropped soft coverage, which I would agree watching it. However, there wasn't immediate pressure where he had to get there, like you have to let guys work and try to influence them with your eyes.
Speaker 2: Let it.
Speaker 7: If he had let him work, he'd had something in the middle.
Speaker 5: On the back I thought on the backside he could have stuck it in the Parker Washington, or he didn't go there. I think it was Brenton Strange was about eight yards right over the middle, and I give Brenton fifty to fifty chance. You know he could run through one tackle to get to the eleven.
Speaker 6: Well, of all the choices he made, that's the worst one he made.
Speaker 5: It he made the most difficult. I would rather have him push the ball down the field and if it's intercepted, it's intercepted.
Speaker 6: It I agree. I'm behind you. I thought it was a terrible play.
Speaker 2: I did not understand.
Speaker 5: It wasn't rush, it wasn't like pressure in his face, like he just he I just looked and it's like, okay, it's not there.
Speaker 2: Chuck down. I'm like, whoa, it's fourth and eleven. The game is in the line. You can't do that. I mean, if you're gonna do that, throw it the brain the strange in the middle of field and give him a chance to run over one person to get eleven yards.
Speaker 6: It would have been interesting had they not had the holding penalty from there though. Sure, yes, I think the ball would have come down from from above. They let him go. Now, let them.
Speaker 1: Got you talked about.
Speaker 5: I mean, here's the reality of this game. They scored on the open drive. Seven No, not the opening drive.
Speaker 2: They scored? When did they? They did not?
Speaker 11: One?
Speaker 2: They scored on the short field.
Speaker 1: After the Jaguars scored on the short field the punt return and the hit out of bounds started at twenty nine yard Say it again that late first quarter, minute thirty to go in the first quarter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they scored that touchdown late first quarter on a short field. They got the ball at the thirty five after the penalty and the return, and so besides that, the only other points they got was a busted coverage.
Speaker 1: Correct, that's it.
Speaker 2: And so I get that they're saying, you know, yes, I would.
Speaker 5: Have it, have been interesting to see if they didn't get that holding penalty and got the first down, what would have happened.
Speaker 2: But if you looked at the course of the game, they had not moved the ball at all.
Speaker 7: And that was a terrible play by Jones on that play.
Speaker 6: I don't know what he was doing. He had a rough go of it. But and you know that was he didn't even have to make a move, He just ran by him.
Speaker 2: It was a bust of coverage.
Speaker 5: I mean, Jack Jones is playing some sort of underneath zone with no help over the top.
Speaker 6: Now, he was fifteen yards the one he dropped. He made a good move on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he just ran by him and that was man coverage. He just beat him.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure why you're putting Jack Jones man to man against too little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, let's come back. One hour down, one hour to go. But addics fan questions coming up in just a little bit after Jaguars lost to the Raiders. This is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 4: We did have some injuries at the end of the season last year. I know Trevor wasn't completely you know, one hundred percent towards the end of the season last year. Obviously he's out this year, missing more weapons on offense, you know, and so it's just a it's it's a tough situation to be in. But at the same time, listen, I'm not gonna you know, I'm not gonna make you know, excuses for it.
Speaker 1: And you know, we we we.
Speaker 2: Are who we are and in.
Speaker 4: Right now we're just haven't and and really for you know, this season, we haven't been consistent enough in our play, you know, on the field, and so we all take responsibility and it's something we got to look hard at and try to try to fix.
Speaker 1: Head coach Doug Peterson Today the full press conference available at Jaguars dot com and Jaguars YouTube. Welcome Back Hour two of Jaguars Half Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings. Before the game, after the game, and during the game. We're on ten toon xcel Am, Jaguars dot Com Jaguars YouTube. After a Jaguars lost to the Raiders nineteen to fourteen and ugly football game all around, the Jags offense struggled again, had two touchdowns, one on a short field, one on a blown coverage didn't do anything else really the rest of the day to giveaways in the first half, put the ball on the deck twice. The Jags defense allowed big plays to the Raiders, including tight end Brock Powers on the first play of the game on defense and just continued throughout the day five plays all out of seventeen or more yards and yesterday's game and the Raiders snapped a ten game losing skid with a winner with the Jaguars, who are now three and twelve, two games to go home against the Titans, rode against the Colts, and a chance to sweep the season series against both of those teams. With the Jaguars, those are two of the three wins this year, and that's where we are. JP Shadwick, Tony Wasiscelli, Pete Prisco. It's Christmas week. Merry Christmas, guys, how are.
Speaker 2: You Merry Christmas? Merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: You know you talked about those two games coming up, that those are two of the three wins we have. But you're gonna see different teams, and we faced the Titans are gonna have Mason Rudolph. They're much more effective offensively even without Pete's franchise quarterback.
Speaker 6: They really are, because the rating is the same and their turnovers are the same, and he won.
Speaker 7: That good yesterday. That team stinks.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you're better. I'd rather let me put it this way.
Speaker 5: You're asking me who I'd rather face this week, and rather face Will Levis, and.
Speaker 7: Maybe he should play because the Jaguars need to lose that game.
Speaker 2: Is playing.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying that that's you'd rather face Mason Rudolph to lose the game.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's all if you are losing. Yeah, and then a circle speed, get me spin it like a top heat right there.
Speaker 5: And then the Colts have Anthony Richardson as a quarterback. We did not face him the first time, so there's a run threat with him. They're not a passing team with him back there, but they run the ball effectively, and and Jonathan Taylor is a really good back.
Speaker 6: When the Colts look back on the season, if they don't make the playoffs, they're going to look back on that game they lost to Jacksonville and say, oh, no, how the hell did that happen? Because there they'd be smack dab. In fact, I think if they won that game, they'd be the they'd be the final team in the playoffs right now, they.
Speaker 7: Can still get in.
Speaker 6: They could still get in.
Speaker 2: They didn't help their own destiny. If they won that game.
Speaker 6: Correct and and or they would control their own destiny. Johnathan Deller didn't drop the ball, look.
Speaker 5: Back and dropping of the ball crossing the bowl and denver, they would have won that game. They control their own destiny as well. So they're still in it. We'll see after this week. Who do the Colts have this week?
Speaker 7: They play at the Giants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're going to be Is there any way they can get eliminated with the win this week?
Speaker 2: Pete?
Speaker 6: I think if the Broncos win, they get eliminated because they would have this. Wait, what's the Broncos record.
Speaker 1: Broncos are nine and six, so they're two games up on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so if the Broncos win, they're eliminated.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: And the Broncos play the Bengals not an easy game.
Speaker 6: Well, correct, and the Bengals are still alive by the way, yep, the Bengals have a checklist of things they need to happen. If the Bengals beat the Broncos and the Colts lose one more and the Dolphins lose one more and the Bengals win the last week and the Chiefs beat the Broncos, then there they win that they get in the playoffs. Nobody, Let's put this way. You'd rather have the Broncos in the playoffs and the Bengals in the playoffs. If you're a DAFC team, you.
Speaker 5: Don't want to play Joe Burrow and Jamorrow, Chase and t and that group and that Chase Brown's playing out of his.
Speaker 2: Mind right now.
Speaker 1: What about the Chargers? Peat Chargers are nine and six. What if they lose out? I mean, they're not guaranteed.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, I mean, look, there's a bunch of possibilities, but I do think that that the you know, look, if Denver loses two, here's the thing about the Bengals this week, they almost have to root for the Steelers because if the Chiefs beat the Steelers, they clinched the number one seed and they won't play people the last week of the season against Denver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need That's exactly right. You need Pittsford to win if you're if you're a Bengals.
Speaker 6: Fan, right and so and.
Speaker 2: And same with the Colts. The Colts want the Steelers to win.
Speaker 5: Correct, it's in me wild, but yeah, I guess my bigger point is different teams than we faced earlier in the season, just because of the quarterback situation on both for both teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and and they seem to be like the Titans seemed to be going off the cliff too.
Speaker 7: I mean that game.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you didn't you see the final score that game was thirty to seven at one point? Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: It just they looked awful.
Speaker 6: They look lifeless. Yeah, garbage time stuff. It was never really a threat. I didn't think. But you know how, sometimes the team gets hot and they start coming back and things happened. But Jonathan Taylor ran for over two hundred yards and three touchdowns. He made up for No, he didn't, No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Time now for oh go ahead, Pete.
Speaker 6: Sorry, No, I was gonna say. We got to talk a little bit about the defense too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in Jacksonville, lead us, Pete, where do you want to go to the defense?
Speaker 2: I got a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. Well, let's let's make this keeping it real. Presented by Nobody and Nobody, uh still Week seventeen, Nobody defense. Let's keep it real.
Speaker 6: What do he got, Pete, Well, I will say that I thought the rookie tackle made some plays. Yes, I thought he made some plays. He got some pushed in the pocket, showed up and I gets pushed around a little bit in the run game.
Speaker 2: Maybe he made some nice plays in the run game too.
Speaker 6: The ones right at him. He gets pushed back. Sometimes he gets blown off the ball. But but you're right, he made some plays in the run game. I thought he made some plays in the passing game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sack three tackles, sack two tackles for loss pass defense, and.
Speaker 6: I think he's going to be really good.
Speaker 2: I get my biggest disappointment of this of this defense, I didn't think either end impacted the game at all.
Speaker 6: And that's not a eight group of tackles. I mean they're good. Colt Miller is a pretty good player. But the other guy on the other side of the rookie.
Speaker 5: And I thought, I watching the tape of the Raiders, I'm like, okay, Josh and Trey von Agram Big Days did not and they did not. That was the biggest disappointment for me. Yeah, everything else nothing surprised me.
Speaker 6: Well, Armstead got a sack while he was lined up as an inside that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So did you like what the rookie did to Tony?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I thought it was his best game of the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah. He actually was getting some power moves and stuff and he lifted guys off. I think he's got a chance. Hamilton the last two weeks has actually looked better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the other young guy? Myles Cole.
Speaker 7: Made a couple of plays. You know, made a play where he beat the tight end on the one run play that.
Speaker 2: Was beat brought Bowers on the inside that was played.
Speaker 6: By him, and then he beat Miller on a rush wants to get a hurry.
Speaker 7: Remember when he came around the corner.
Speaker 2: He called the hold on it. It was a phantom hold in my opinion, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think it was a hold either, but he beat him. But again, you know some of those Here's the thing, when you look at that defensive line. If you have a four man front next year, which is probably gonna have because most people do. But if you have a four man front Alan Walker Smith and a draft pick, because I personally think if we get asked this question a lot, who they should draft, what they should draft, and I know people like the pretty and Travis Hunter and that guy and this guy me. I would take the kid from Michigan and put him right there in the middle of that line and say, I have my four now, and now I can do so many different things because I have four of them, four guys, four guys who could do different things. And that'll give me my big guys up front, and now I can do different things and find guys in the back end and find another corner, because I.
Speaker 7: Think that changes the way you play.
Speaker 6: If you have four guys who are good upfront, a it's hard to double anybody, and I think that that changes the way you play on defense. It's the old Jimmy Johnson thing. If you have four guys who can rush, push the pocket, or four guys who were good getting after the quarterback, you don't need to be great on the back end.
Speaker 5: Well, here's a couple of before we get to the draft. I mean, if you're playing, let's assume you're four to three. First thing I'm doing is talking to Eric Armstead saying you were playing defensive tackle in sub.
Speaker 6: Next year, that's the one as a backup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a rotational player, Okay, I would go get another speed. I think I would have Josh Allen Heinz Allen lose get back to the way he was last year.
Speaker 2: I think we go. I would also.
Speaker 5: Find another speed rusher, more speed on the outside, I would too, And the third down I'd kick Trayvon. I would play Tradeon inside and outside.
Speaker 6: Well, we've been pushing that for for how long now?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 5: And then as far as the draft, here's my question for you, Pete. Wherever we're picking the kid from Michigan fifty five.
Speaker 6: And I know what his name is, Mason Graham.
Speaker 2: Mason Graham and Travis Hunter on the board. Who you picking Graham?
Speaker 6: Me, I'm taking Graham. I think you can find a corner. I think you could find a receiver whatever you want to play him at. You can find those guys. Find the guys who can impact the game on your defensive and offensive line are so hard to find.
Speaker 2: Can he rush the passer?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, high school wrestler is it.
Speaker 6: He's relentless. He's relentless.
Speaker 7: He would bring an at you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I love guys that show emotion everything. That's one thing I noticed on Sunday. Guys make plays and nobody gives them anything. There's no jumping around, there's no emotion at all. They're the most I think I've ever seen in my life. There's nothing. You're a rookie. That's his first sack, right that that that was.
Speaker 1: His second second.
Speaker 6: But go celebrate it, jump up and down, show some emotion. Am I wrong? You would think the veterans would like be so thrilled to see a young kid getting a sack in a game like that. There was nothing, zero made.
Speaker 2: He did a nice little shimmy little dance.
Speaker 5: Yeah he did.
Speaker 7: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And and you know there's over the top celebrations and celebrating a tackle when a guy gets eighteen yards and standing up when your team's down, you know, twenty eight to nothing. But when he got made that play, the game was close, big play early. Go celebrate him, jump around, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's by the way, the same for the Armstead one too.
Speaker 6: Yes, talk smack to the other team, talk smack to the other offensive lineman. There's nothing. It's robotic, it's lifeless. It just it looks checked out. That's what it looked like.
Speaker 1: I remember the seventeen team and all those sacks. I mean those guys would celebrate just walking on the field.
Speaker 6: I mean, they probably went above and beyond right.
Speaker 1: But they deserved it. They were that good.
Speaker 2: They were like, you know what it is he it does look like anyone's having fun.
Speaker 6: No fun. No.
Speaker 5: The two things that jump out of me this overall this year the urgency at the start of games, like just the passionate urgency coming out and having fun.
Speaker 2: And it's a hard game and it's hard to have fun clear three and twelve. I get that.
Speaker 5: But you got to create your own emotion, your own energy as a player. And when guys make plays, you gotta enjoy it. You got to enjoy the big plays, the exciting stuff and celebrate.
Speaker 6: Did you notice that too?
Speaker 7: Am I the only one that notice?
Speaker 2: I've noticed it all year?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just they don't. There's no jumping around and and and team celebrations and enjoying each other and and you know, talking smack and it just looks lifeless to me. And I hate that. I can't stand that. I the game is an emotional game. You have to show it. And a guy makes a play, go go rally to him. You know, it's just it's it's to me, it's it's a bad look.
Speaker 1: Here you have it, keeping it real, presented by nobody back in a moment. Oh year, Oh here, I don't.
Speaker 2: There's a want.
Speaker 7: Where's the sales department?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Holiday, I guess well the fanatics fan questions when we come back, It's Jaguars Happy Hour, presented by mister Chubby's Wings. Welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour, JP Shaddick, Tony Boselli, and Pete Priscoe after a Jaguars lost to the Las Vegas Raiders nineteen fourteen. Jaguars three and twelve, currently third in the projected draft order for twenty twenty five according to tankathon dot com. If you're into that, they this particular website works to strength the schedule out the rest of the season. And so the Jaguars currently third in their draft order, Giants and Patriots ahead of them, Titans, Brown's Raiders all at three and twelve, and then the Panthers, Jets, Bears, and Saints. That's a lot to look forward to in the offseason. We so this is our draft talk. We always drop talk a little draft just to appease Pete in this show, and this checking the box before Christmas.
Speaker 2: JP and Pete would be safe to say.
Speaker 5: If we lose out, we need the Patriots to lose one game to get to the two spot.
Speaker 2: We need the Giants to lose two games to get to the one spot. That packered.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the Strangth schedules for the Giants, but I'm assuming that's what.
Speaker 6: Well, and okay, the Giants have the Colts and then the Eagles on the road. Now, well, the Eagles need the game, probably because for the one seed. Try to get the one seed after what happened yesterday, So so.
Speaker 7: The Giants are going to lose two games probably.
Speaker 5: I don't have but Pete, I don't think the Eagles can get the one seed if the Lions win next week because didn't the the.
Speaker 6: Vikings the last game the season, So could end up that the winner of that game gets the one seed.
Speaker 1: That my Sunday night football game that might be the last game of the season.
Speaker 5: I guess My point is, but the Eagles will be out of it regardless is my point?
Speaker 6: It could be, yes, but like if Minnesota lost to green Bay this week and green Bay still chant, that was still chance. But yeah, but if either way the Giants probably aren't gonna Giants are playing backups as it is now, They're probably not gonna beat the backup Eagles, so they're probably gonna lose too. Straight, they'll have the number one pick, the first overall pick. Then the Patriots play, I mean, they play the Chargers this week at home, and they close out with who Buffalo?
Speaker 2: He played Buffalo?
Speaker 7: They played playing again the last week last three ye So but again.
Speaker 6: Does Buffalo gonna the game?
Speaker 5: Probably probably not, because if they're two behind the Chiefs now.
Speaker 6: Right, if the Chiefs, if the Chiefs win Wednesday, If the Chiefs win Wednesday, Buffalo is locked in as as the two yep, So if that happens, right, aren't they they have how many losses they have? They have three and the North winner has five five and they beat the Race and they lost to the Ravens though, so it could be. But but as it probably all likelihood, they won't need to win, and so New England could win that last game Jacksonville loses two and they end up with the number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: Let's say we stay at three or.
Speaker 6: The number two overall pick.
Speaker 5: So let's say that the order states as is Okay, the Giants are gonna take a quarterback.
Speaker 2: And so are the and so are the Patriots are not but.
Speaker 6: They would trade out of there, and somebody would go up to get that pick.
Speaker 2: Why would they traded the Patriots? Why wouldn't they trade with us?
Speaker 6: Oh and tell yeah they could. Yeah, you're right, Well, you know how that works. Somebody could be worried that the big you know, and the Patriots are going to make a deal. You know how that works. So yeah, there'd probably be the Patriots to trade out of there, and then you'd be sitting there at number three.
Speaker 5: So at number three we stay in this order, and number three, most likely we'll have the best non quarterback player available to us.
Speaker 6: Correct, because there's not another quarterback that somebody's going to go up and get right. So your choice would probably be between Hunter Graham, Graham, and I'll throw another name in there, Abdul Carter from Penn State State. The pass rusher, explosive dynamic and you look at it and you say, well, where would he play? Well, that goes to your old theory, Tony, getting another guy that can can influence the quarterback and move and Walker inside. Yeah, I still think Walker if he played inside, could hold up a in the run game if he played there full time, and be a good pass rusher on the inside.
Speaker 2: On first and second down. I wouldn't put him with a three technique though.
Speaker 6: Not a three tech. But you could play him that. You could play him, You could play him in there. You could make him a three hundred pounder if you wanted to.
Speaker 2: He's a big He's a big dude.
Speaker 6: That's a big frame, Tony, Oh gosh, could he not be like Kalayis Campbell?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe that's a fair point. I mean Clays was. I mean early in Klays's career, he was much.
Speaker 6: Leaner correct, And I think he could be that. And and so I mean that's one possibility. If you decided to like the speedy edge rusher more than you like the interior defensive lineman, you.
Speaker 7: Could go that route too. But and then the other possibility is hunter.
Speaker 1: Is he Is he a generational corner? Pete?
Speaker 6: I think I think he's a corner, and I think he's a real good one that you could use on as a weapon and offense as well. Yeah, but I think he's a corner.
Speaker 1: But is he that good?
Speaker 6: Is he the you know, he's really good. He's he's really good. But yeah, I mean like the kid at Michigan, Will Johnson, really good corner too, really good quick.
Speaker 2: You know what makes corners really good?
Speaker 6: Pass rush past rush, right, Well, Colorado doesn't have great pass right, they have decent ones.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking to the pros, Bete Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Correct. We've seen a lot of really good defenses not have great corners over the years, going back to nineteen eighty five Bears, it's hard pressed to find the names of those two guys that played started on those teams. One became a head coach, Leslie Frasier. He was one of them. Mike Richardson was the other one. Weren't great. The Ravens corners on those teams. Hell, Jimmy Smith abused Dwayne Starts for three hundred yards in one game. They weren't great corners. You know, you're right. Chris McCallister was a pretty good player on that team though, he's a pretty good corner. But they weren't great corners. They were great, great lines on those teams though.
Speaker 2: Great great front seven.
Speaker 7: Correct, correct both of them.
Speaker 1: Time Now for the fanatics fan questions. Jaguars fans gear up at fanatics dot com with all the latest JAG styles. Shop now and get today's special offer. Fanatics dot com officially licensed everything we put the catcall out on X. Here's the best we've come up with today. Question number one at B for Brendan should do he have been playing more at safety this year? Well, we've gone over this already.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you have been kind of defined this year.
Speaker 5: He was hurt for you know, two thirds of the season, so he's really only been back and bump. You could argue he should have been playing more last week on defense, but he had to get his legs back underneath him. He had a pretty significant knee injury. And so if you're asking me, now, do I think he's playing? Yes, based on what I saw yesterday, he should be the.
Speaker 6: Here's the other part of that is would he have been starting if he doesn't get hurt?
Speaker 7: And I say the answer to that is.
Speaker 2: No, he but he might have by now.
Speaker 6: By now he would have been, But I'm saying he would not have started the season as a starter.
Speaker 2: He would not have no.
Speaker 1: Next question from X earlier today at CHOB sixteen t realistically, what will teams trade to the Jaguars for their draft position if they need a quarterback, like the Raiders are giants just today.
Speaker 5: The company, Well, if you have the number one O Wall pick, they trade a big ransom.
Speaker 6: To the right. If they don't.
Speaker 7: If they if they're at three, the two quarterbacks are gone.
Speaker 6: They're not getting squat douche for it.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 6: Up.
Speaker 2: They aren't getting trade up for Travis Hunter to three.
Speaker 7: No either, No, they aren't getting what for it?
Speaker 1: Pete, what was that word he used?
Speaker 6: Squad doosh zero? Nothing? Squat dosh?
Speaker 1: Was that? I'd never heard that before.
Speaker 2: You never heard of that.
Speaker 7: No, my man's a big green if you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Wow, you don't remember that from One on one the movie way before your time. Tony probably saw it because he's a Colorado kid. It was filmed Colorado. Do you remember, Tony?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. Who was in it?
Speaker 6: Maybe Robbie Benson was a basketball player and he went to college on a full ride and it's kind of loosely based on U. C. L A. And he gets there and they beat the daylights out of him or whatever, you know, because they want to take away scholarship. You don't remember that, But Anyways, he walks into a into a party and he's like, I guess it was a party.
Speaker 7: They were doing drugs or something and they go.
Speaker 6: He goes, they have straws in their noses and the guy goes, ignore him. My man's a big greed, if you know what I mean. So that's like he's never been around the world. That's like JP's never been around Yeah, Pete.
Speaker 1: Next question, jamp.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a problem when you have to explain to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a long explanation.
Speaker 6: You guys are too young. You don't remember the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the youngest of all three. Remember that. At Eric M. Davenport, Pete consistently talks about this time of year being about good losses where young guys play well, because yesterday count as a good loss considering who we lost to.
Speaker 2: No, No, Well, well, here's the thing. It depends who you are.
Speaker 5: I think for the fan base, they're probably excited we lost because you want to You got the third overall pick.
Speaker 2: Now they probably want you to lose the next two.
Speaker 5: But if you look at the overall organization and losing to that team who had lost ten straight, it's a gut punch when every coach, player, in front office, person in the building.
Speaker 6: It's it's amazing that you don't see what I when I say that though, that there are good losses if the players play well, the young players grow, and.
Speaker 2: I see it. I'm talking talking about the people.
Speaker 6: Oh, the people are playing the game. No, you know. Then again, then again, you didn't see much emotion from anybody either way, So maybe.
Speaker 7: They don't give a crap.
Speaker 5: But it's a bad look losing to it a Raiders team that had lost ten straight.
Speaker 6: Well, you are the Raiders. Let's not forget that. They're the Raiders.
Speaker 2: That's the Raiders. Pete. I'm glad you said that because that is what's painful for me and maybe what it is and this is like maybe the first step to recovery is for all of us to look in the mirror and say, that's us.
Speaker 6: That's exactly who they are.
Speaker 2: That's us.
Speaker 7: And you know what I always say about the Raiders commitment to excrement.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to sign off on that.
Speaker 5: But you know, because we talk about and I'm guilty this, we talked about bad franchises, bad teams like the Jets, the Raiders, you know, the Browns, you know whoever, just go down the list.
Speaker 2: Panthers, that's us right now, that's us, it's who we are.
Speaker 1: Panthers have a better record.
Speaker 7: For the last year and a half.
Speaker 6: That's exactly who this franchise has been. And that's what the worst teams in the NFL, that's what's painful. Right But until they start realizing it then and you talk about the pain of the.
Speaker 7: Loss, nobody showed any emotion at all.
Speaker 6: Ever. So so when a guy plays well, If I see the rookie defensive tackle playing well and they lost, that's progress. Brian Thomas played well and they lost, that's progress. Strange in the last couple of weeks, when he plays well and they lost, that's progress.
Speaker 5: So this was If the draft holds as it is, that's three out of five years we've had top five picks.
Speaker 6: The story would be so much better if it was the first overall back.
Speaker 2: I mean said, it can't happen.
Speaker 6: Uhuh, it can't happen. It's not happening. But that's how bad the Giants are.
Speaker 2: But they'd be just out of curiousity. What's the Giant strength of schedule? Can you look at it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's better than the Jags. So in theory, yeah.
Speaker 2: And we lose out we have the number one overall pick.
Speaker 6: Yes, in theory, but it's not gonna Well, what's the Patriots is Jacksonville's worst two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they have the same record right now. So in theory, if they played it out, which they do to determine this on that website, the Patriots would be.
Speaker 6: So if the Patriots won, if the Patriots and Jaguars both have the same record.
Speaker 1: It looks like the Patriots would have the second pick.
Speaker 7: Jackson would have the first pick, the third pick, the third pick.
Speaker 1: If the Giants lose, then.
Speaker 6: What if the Giants win one?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. It's a great question.
Speaker 7: I mean, the the best part of the whole thing would be if they pick.
Speaker 1: First, because it's never happened in the three times in a five year span.
Speaker 6: Every just goes to show you where the franchise is.
Speaker 7: Usually when you draft first overall.
Speaker 5: One, Oh, bon pete, you're telling me, is it any different if we're drafting third?
Speaker 7: Just for the narrative, for the narrative, what changes?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not different.
Speaker 2: It's not different. So we lost, we like, Okay, let's just play this out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when somebody's saying, we won three games and we're picking third, we don't have the first pick.
Speaker 6: Give me up. But Tony, you know, during draft they'll say, oh, this is the third time they've been picking in the top five in the in the last three year. Is not gonna be the same as you're picking first overall three times in the last five years.
Speaker 1: He wants the headline. He wants the headline.
Speaker 6: I want the headline.
Speaker 2: Let's just call it.
Speaker 6: It's it's embarrassing, it's terrible, and and and when you're a fan sitting out there, that's why they're all calling for change, every one of them. Did they look at that and then the flip side of it, and somebody will say, well, look they got that star wide receiver later in the first round. Okay, well you can balance it out by saying you didn't do this in the first round. He didn't do that in the first round. He didn't do that in the second round.
Speaker 1: Cale was a first rounder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got four sacks in the last three games, and he had an interception that was called back.
Speaker 7: He didn't by the way that that play was going nowhere.
Speaker 6: If he doesn't knock the ball down. There was a guy right there ready to make the play. Is Caleb on, Chase On? Could he have helped this team as a situational rusher?
Speaker 2: Is he better than Cohle's Hell?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: The answer. There's your answer, Peat.
Speaker 6: But you know what happened. He didn't get drafted by this guy.
Speaker 2: He was in the building when they drafted him.
Speaker 6: He didn't draft him.
Speaker 11: Use the assistant GM dude, he ain't taking credit for that one.
Speaker 7: Come on, I didn't draft that.
Speaker 6: Come on, you know, you know he pushes that on.
Speaker 7: And it was a bad draft, terrible draft.
Speaker 6: That was a terrible draft.
Speaker 2: I get my bigger point. Pize this.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make me feel any better if we pick third instead of first. In fact, at this point, if you're gonna need this badge, mules will picked first. He can trade down and get more picks.
Speaker 1: Listen to him, Pete, listen. Let you I think he's turned the corner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm always a big believer in trading down and get more picks.
Speaker 6: But it's also if we were arguing in the court of law and gave twelve reasons why the guy is guilty, and we presented all our evidence. The jury would come back in about twenty two minutes with a verdict. Okay, guilty, guilty, Okay, look at the proof is in the pudding. You're shaking your head, JP, but the proof is in the pudding. There's nothing you can there's no other way to argue the case. The other way. You could have the greatest you could have every attorney in the world on the other side. And I'm still winning because I got the facts to lay them out.
Speaker 1: That's it for fanatics fan questions today. We're back in a moment. Well around the way.
Speaker 6: I'd be a really good attorney.
Speaker 1: Gosh, can you imagine you in a courtroom, just hammered away the windows. Oh, we're back in a moment. We'll go around the NFL. Two for the price of one segments ahead. Oh boy, it's Jaguars Happy Hour, president by mister Chubby's Wings. Welcome back. Jaguars Happy Hour continues the second Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings. J. P. Shadwick, Tony ROUSSELLI, Pete Prisco Licking our wounds after another Jaguars loss. Nineteen fourteen, It's time to go around the National Football League In week sixteen, and yes Thursday game Chargers beat the Broncos thirty four to twenty seven, both of those teams fighting for a wild card spot. The Chargers gotta win. Do the Broncos have the juice? Do they have enough peat?
Speaker 6: I don't know. It all depends on what the Chiefs do. If the Chiefs don't play in the final week of the season, I think the Broncos get in. If the Chiefs play the final week of the season, their need to. It's gonna be tough, tough sledding for the Broncos to get in.
Speaker 5: But I mean, I don't think the Broncos are doing anything in the playoffs one and two. Let's give Sean Payton a ton of credit because they're probably a year or two ahead of where they thought they'd be. I mean, I think they got fifty million or sixty million dollars of dead money on the on the cap.
Speaker 1: Because of the Wilson. Yeah, because so Wilson.
Speaker 2: I think we lost Pete. Oh are you there?
Speaker 6: Okay, you must have lost my picture for some reason, any idea I could see you guys.
Speaker 1: That's what we call in the business and improvement.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 6: Much better then they would go to the one on the left and knock that one out real quick.
Speaker 2: I mean, Pete, I think you'd agree.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're ahead of schedule and they've done a great job because I don't think anyone saw the Broncos making a move this year for the playoffs, rooking quarterback, a lot of dead money on the cap because of the Russell Wilson trade, so their hands were tied a little bit, and they've got a great year. So whatever happens, I think the Broncos are gonna say, hey, we are poised for the future.
Speaker 2: We have our franchise quarterback, we have our head coach. Let's go build it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean they're in a great situation. And he wanted that quarterback and he got him, and here he might make the playoffs.
Speaker 7: They got a lot of young players on that team, good young players.
Speaker 1: I was so excited about Saturday because of the three college football playoff games and the two NFL games. The playoff college games were not great, and then the NFL games, Chiefs over the Texans twenty seven to nineteen. The Ravens beat the Steelers thirty four to seventeen. These games even were not even close people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a good.
Speaker 2: Steelers game. Was much closer than the.
Speaker 1: Score, right, because they had the picks the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the Chiefs game was relatively close for most of that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right, I'm wrong, you're right.
Speaker 2: The college football, though, it was atrocian.
Speaker 7: It was terrible. It was terrible.
Speaker 6: I don't know if the ratings came out today, I haven't seen them, but I imagine the NFL crushed them.
Speaker 1: I saw some some tweet earlier that Yeah, it was like seven something and six and a half for the other one NFL games, and then all the all the biggest Tennessee Ohio State was like five and low fives something like that.
Speaker 6: You know, the other thing about it is that everybody's giving Oh, how dare the NFL play on Saturday? When college foot the NFL played on Saturday for decades after the after the Army Navy game, college football made a mistake.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to stay at the obvious NFL's king. They gonna do what they want. Yeah, guess what they're also going to play.
Speaker 5: They also never playing Christmas because that was supposedly the NBA day.
Speaker 2: Not anymore, no.
Speaker 6: In fact, we got two games on Chris too sold them to Netflix. They're on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, so let's hope the streaming service works a little bit better than that Jake Paul fight on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping that works better.
Speaker 5: But I mean, the NFL's king, and when the King wants to play a game, they play a game, and everyone else has to get out of the way.
Speaker 6: Except on Friday during the high school season.
Speaker 2: They can't because they don't want to.
Speaker 6: Well they can't not allowed by law.
Speaker 7: There's old law in books that they can't do it.
Speaker 5: But again, again, they wouldn't want to play on They actually don't want to compete against college eena because that's the growing of the game, especially high school.
Speaker 2: They don't want to. Sorry, my battery is about to that.
Speaker 1: And my compete, Pete was that. By the way, what what year was that or were you there when they enacted that?
Speaker 6: No, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm asking you for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, I think I was alive, but I don't think I was.
Speaker 6: I was around. And here here's the other thing is, uh, don't everybody's got to watch at one o'clock in New Year's Day. I gotta watch that one.
Speaker 2: Is that Arizona State.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm worried about that one. I didn't want to play Texas.
Speaker 5: I am pete. You know what, Send me an Arizona State T shirt. I will take a picture, I'll wear it. I would be hard for the sun Devils in that game.
Speaker 6: If I could get you one, I'll send you one.
Speaker 2: I'll wear it, take a picture, because I want the sun Devils to win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there's Texas is so big.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have a chance and you know what, to win, but I want them to.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're too ASU will score on Texas. I just don't think they'll stop them. They're too big.
Speaker 7: Have you seen Texas offensive line, it's enormous.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some of the NFL games, Falcons big over the Giants, the Panthers beat the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the Falcons game.
Speaker 5: Michael Pennix in his first NFL starting getting to win as a rookie.
Speaker 6: It was like, did some good, did some bad.
Speaker 7: It wasn't great, but he made some throws and he looked comfortable.
Speaker 6: And and now now we'll really see what he does because they play on the road as the team that's leading the division against the Commanders on Sunday night, first road game beat.
Speaker 1: What the hell happened to Kyle Pitts in Atlanta? He tipped that ball for the own interception?
Speaker 6: What's going on with Yeah, he's just not He had had the one rookie year and then after that it's been disastered.
Speaker 7: He's been a bust. Top ten pick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, remember him coming out of Florida. Everyone thought he was going to be the second coming.
Speaker 1: Remember Urban was talking about trying to trade up to get Remember that.
Speaker 7: Urban also wanted to draft Tony.
Speaker 6: Remember he wanted to when they drafted Etn he wanted Kadarius Tony.
Speaker 1: That's true. Panthers over the Cardinals thirty six thirty. Panthers now have a better record than the Jags, and the Lions beat the Bears. How about the fake fumble play touchdown? I mean, then why pull that out?
Speaker 6: Now? Well, well there must be some variation off of that, but I'll be honest with you, I didn't like to play. You could leak that tight end out without doing the trip, the fake trip. What if he what if he fell really fell and tripped. It's a sack.
Speaker 2: Does it matter. They're gonna win no matter what.
Speaker 6: Man, No, but I don't know. It's almost like, look, he gets creative. I love his creator activity. I just don't think you need it. The guy would have leaked out. Everybody runs that play the tight end leak you go do you? You know you you get him out? He actually his block and he comes across the formation.
Speaker 1: With this Lions tea with you man, let him have fun?
Speaker 7: Is that fun?
Speaker 6: Kind of fun? I I just because you gotta look at it from the stand What if he actually did fall down, then it's a sack.
Speaker 2: He can fall down any play. He didn't.
Speaker 6: Do you stumble and fumble all over yourself on every play, Tony, he was.
Speaker 2: Pose idiot, he was under control.
Speaker 6: Oh he could fall I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: I mean, Pete, like, I'm gonna go back to what you said about this Jaguars team.
Speaker 2: They don't have fun. They need more fun.
Speaker 6: That were fun. Yeah, he leaks if he just leaks out normally body in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Every fan loved it except for you. Pete.
Speaker 1: You are totally rich.
Speaker 2: Crisco is what your name is?
Speaker 6: Well, I just look at it from a practical standpoint, it was a practice.
Speaker 2: Will give me a break. There's nothing like you pick and choose when you want to be practiced.
Speaker 6: No, I don't, No, I don't. I just I didn't. I didn't think it was that great a play.
Speaker 1: And you always seem to pick it. We're talking about the Lions. H you always seem to pick the to be practical when we talk about the Lions, you can't stand there.
Speaker 6: You lot of stupid things.
Speaker 2: They're four, they're thirteen to.
Speaker 6: Two, but they all do. They also would have been in the super Bowl last year if they didn't do the stupid things.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, they're thirteen and two with like eleven guys on IR.
Speaker 6: This is because the team is good. They're a good team. I'm not saying they're not a good team. Did I ever say that? No?
Speaker 2: But you're being very negative, and I'm tired of your negativity. I have enough negativity in my life with the franchise. I love Pete. I don't need more out of you.
Speaker 6: Well, you're also partial to that franchise, going not you love the Lions because your buddy's a coach on that team.
Speaker 2: I love their quarterback coach. But that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's come back. We'll get to the rest of the games when we were two for the price of one around the NFL this week, ladies, join us at the Bank Sunday, December twenty ninth from ten am to twelve pm for the lively and fun Field Glitz and Blitz Brunch, enjoyed delicious pastries, refreshing mimoses, and a special appearance by the Roar in a JAG's legend. Grab your tickets down Jaguars dot Com, Slash Glitz and Blitz. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings. We're back Baby. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings. JP Shadrick from the Houndai Studios and for eleven years, Dreamfinders Homes has been proud to call themselves the official homebuilder of the Jags. Visit dreamfinders Homes dot com for all the available inventory and Go Jags. J. P. Shadrick, Tony Boselli, Pete Priscoe. We continue our look around Week sixteen at Monday Night. Football coming up as well. Bengals over the Browns twenty five four to six. Colts beat the Titans thirty eight to thirty. The Rams over the Jets nineteen to nine, but the Commanders beat the Eagles thirty six thirty three. Jaden Daniels is pretty remarkable.
Speaker 6: Pete thought he was the best quarterback in the draft going in, and he's the best quarterback in the draft right now. And he's special. He plays with an ease and a calm, and you know that's the thing that stands out about him. Fourth and eleven, scrambles for twenty yards, has the ability to go get outside the pocket. But boy, he could make some throws that you just go wow, including the touchdown. I mean, he's They have themselves a quarter That's a great situation in Washington because they have money and they have a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: What about the Eagles peat, I mean, Jalen Hurts concussion protocol, so you know it's a coin flip whether it'll be ready this week or not.
Speaker 2: My guess is yes he will be. But without Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 7: They didn't lose because they didn't have Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 6: They lost because the defense that was number one ranked in all year, it couldn't stop them.
Speaker 7: But they needed to stop them.
Speaker 2: I mean that's fair because they did score thirty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. But yeah, James Daniels special.
Speaker 5: Speaking of rookie quarterbacks, Pete, I was reading today about Caleb Williams. I mean I follow him just because the best seat. I mean, James Daniels is clearly the better player this year as a rookie. But Caleb Williams sneaking having a sneaky good year for all that he's going through with the you know how unstable that franchise is gone, through multiple coordinators, head coaches. I mean, he has nineteen touchdowns, only five picks, and has thrown for the sixth most yards in the history of the Bears French franchise with just over thirty two hundred.
Speaker 6: He does have a tendency to get a lot of the somebody called them the Caleb Blake bortles Williams the other day because he has a tennis to get him, get him late in the game.
Speaker 11: But he's not throwing no, And you know it's amazing because he can make some throws that you look at him and you go, oh my gosh, what a throw, and then he spins around on the next play for about forty two minutes.
Speaker 6: So he's got talent. He'll be fine. He's gonna be a good player.
Speaker 1: He threw four touchdowns against the Jags and then had four games without one, and now he has five consecutive games, four of those with multiple touchdowns.
Speaker 7: He's getting better.
Speaker 2: I think he has nineteen touchdowns in the air.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 7: He's he's getting better and he will be fine.
Speaker 6: I just don't think he's the other.
Speaker 1: Guy vikings over the Seahawks twenty seven to twenty four. Bills beat the Patriots. They had a rally to do it, but they did it. And the Dolphins.
Speaker 7: Is that not a classic?
Speaker 6: By the way, team wins big game on the road against the Lions, that comes home and plays a bad team and he kind of goes through the motions for two quarters, looks up and goes h oh, and then they found the way out of it.
Speaker 1: Figure.
Speaker 6: I do think it was.
Speaker 5: It's interesting that they finally announced that Josh Allen's been playing with a broken hand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, on his non throwing.
Speaker 2: Hand, but I don't care it's broken.
Speaker 5: And guy plays quarterback like very few people do in the NFL.
Speaker 6: He's a power runner like a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he is so good, Pete. I mean, I mean and.
Speaker 5: Game as wrong as you were about Will Levis and Christian Ponder. You held your guns over the first two or three years of Josh Allen's career, saying he was going to be a star, and boy he is.
Speaker 7: You gotta give me Patrick Mahomes too, because I was on him too.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you're so zero for two with Ponder and Levis, but two for two with the other two. Five I'm like, I'm like an NFL general manager, I got fifty.
Speaker 2: Weren't a lot of people on Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 6: No, that were not. They weren't as many as you think. Really, I could look at it.
Speaker 2: I was always big on Josh Allen, so I was with you on that one.
Speaker 1: Dolphins over the Niners. The Cowboys beat the Buccaneers, which means the Falcons are in the driver's seat in the NFC South.
Speaker 6: That's a bad loss for the Bucks.
Speaker 5: But but are they really as really in the driver's seat? They gotta go to the Commanders. I don't see them winning that game.
Speaker 6: On Sunday night, I mean, and the Bucks play host to the Saints and the Panthers to close out their season. If you had to pick which team would be the team that represents the division? Who would you bead was the Bucks? Yeah, but they didn't play well last night.
Speaker 5: No, I agree, I'm not. I mean, I'm not saying that Falcons can. I'm saying they have the harder road, much harder.
Speaker 1: Monday Night Football, the five and nine New Orleans Saints, with nobody left to play on the field, visit Lambea to face the ten and four Green Bay Packers. Will win and the Packers secure a spot in the NFC playoffs. Who you got in Green Bay? I think I know the answer.
Speaker 6: Look, come on, I mean, I haven't seen a team this deb seeded since the forty nine ers. But I mean you look at this team. Derek Carr not there, Kamara not there. All the receivers are down, all of them. They're playing a bunch of guys off the street. Defensively, they're banged up.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is this is a bad football team right now.
Speaker 5: Could they not flec They can't flex mondayday nights.
Speaker 6: No, they flex Sunday and they flex Thursday, but they're not flexing Monday.
Speaker 2: They should flex Monday. Because not that there was a great slate of game Sunday.
Speaker 1: But but the Packers though, and they can clinch a playoff spot. That's why they're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's against the Saints. Then we're gonna watch I mean I'll watch it.
Speaker 6: Everybody will watch it. The NFL, of course they'll watch it. Stop it.
Speaker 1: There you have it looked around the National Football League? Pete? What are your holiday plans this week?
Speaker 6: What do you I'm working, uh, and then going out to dinner with my father and UH and my wife and we'll have a nice little time going out to a nice Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 6: It's on Oakland Park. You know you wouldn't know what it was. Why you've been to some of them?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just curious.
Speaker 6: Anthony ever gone to Anthony's on Runway eighty four down there?
Speaker 2: I love that place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they redid it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you go there? That'd be a good place for dinner.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're opening Christmas Day?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: JP. What are you doing.
Speaker 1: I've got the Chiefs and the Steelers on Westwood one Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: Good for you?
Speaker 6: Wow? Look at that look he held off telling us that one didn't he I held out.
Speaker 1: It never came up I'm leaving tomorrow morning and then i'll be back Thursday morning.
Speaker 6: Look at that guy.
Speaker 1: It should be a good game, good game game. Who's color Ross Tucker?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: I had him. We had him on a Monday night game in Miami earlier in the year. Yeah, well, good people. So, and you've got family in town Tony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got all my kids are coming. My daughter got here today.
Speaker 5: My son is taking the Red Eye on Christmas Eve, so it'll be your Christmas morning.
Speaker 6: Where does he live?
Speaker 2: San Francisco?
Speaker 6: Okay? And then.
Speaker 5: Well I have everyone here, but uh one son in law will not make it because he's got he's at a ball game. So let's have all all my kids, grandparents will be here. It'll be chaos.
Speaker 6: I'll be Is that the offensive tackle? Where's he play at?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Oklahoma?
Speaker 6: Okay? So does he play?
Speaker 5: I started the first seven. I think hurt his ankle. He missed a couple and I don't know if he'll be back from the ball game or not.
Speaker 2: I haven't. That's my daughter.
Speaker 7: He's in the portal.
Speaker 6: He was in the portal then, so he made more money than you did when you were at us.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, guys, we'll talk to you next.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Selly, Pete Prisco, I'm JP Shadder. Thanks for our entire crew, Joe fortunate out of Brent Reaver and David Choe And this is Jaguars Happy Hour,