Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. But before that, we're gonna do Magda Magda make America great depression together. You know what, It'll be great. It'll be better than great.
Speaker 2: It'll be a fantastic, unbelievable depression like so which.
Speaker 1: I've never seen before. We like to say, what's so which we've never seen before?
Speaker 3: You know, this depression is gonna be so great.
Speaker 1: We'll be the ones eating the cats and the dogs. That's gonna be far Low and Srow. You gotta brazen, you know, Wow, Wow. The liberal Saturday Night Lived whatever are they?
Speaker 3: I would say, God, what percentage of mainstream news coverage thinks this is a bad idea. It's somewhere like ninety percent.
Speaker 1: It's heavy, yes.
Speaker 3: Including lots and lots and lots of Conservatives and Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The hardcore Magacrawt would answer you, well, they're the people who have been perpetrating the sucking out of the American manufacturing economy, loss of jobs, exporting, blah blah blah. That's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm not making the argument of whether it's right or not. I'm just saying it's not only lefty journalism that is making fun of this. Let's get one more short clip on that eight there, Michael.
Speaker 1: Yes, the stock.
Speaker 3: Market has crashed temporarily, but that is all part of the plan.
Speaker 1: It's simple economics. Okay. If the stock market goes down.
Speaker 3: And down and down and down and down, that means there's nowhere to go but up or perhaps further down. So yeah, I think that's what we're all looking at today, right, there's no place to go but up or ups further down for a while.
Speaker 1: And we'll see what happens next hour. And I am looking forward to this a great deal. Compare and contrast a couple of terrific historians who most of us know and love, Neil Ferguson and Victor Davis Hansen, with differing opinions about the tariff thing. Really interesting. We'll give you as many facts and as much perspective as we can and help you decide what you think about it, as opposed to simply preaching to the choir, which is not what we do. If you're a new listener, welcome. First of all, glad you're listening. Give it a little bit. It's a little different than what you know you generally encounter on the dial. So well, Joe understaying Getty Show.
Speaker 3: I mean, Joe and I have worked for big companies that make short term plays because of the stock market that.
Speaker 1: Are bad long term.
Speaker 3: And every employee knows, everybody like in the office knows this is a bad idea long term, but it's good for the stock short term. A lot of the Wall Street stuff you see and commentators, they are people that live quarter to quarter and not making a quarter to quarter move right rightly or wrongly?
Speaker 1: Right, So here we go. Yeah, in principle, the idea of thinking about the long term health of the American people as opposed to just winning the next election is incredibly gratifying. Doesn't make everything right? Well, that's the deal. Yes, I mean, if President AOC were to make a long term decision to alter the trajectory of the United States, even if we lose the midterms, that again would be admirable in a way, but I'm certain I would be horrified. So here's an interesting question for you. What are the courts going to say about the tariff thing? And when might they say it? Probably not too long from now, is the answer to the second question. There are already some lawsuits being being filed, although interestingly enough, there are some big corporations that are extremely comfortable with this. They are have stripped naked to the waist, have knives in their teeth, and painted their faces, and are now running the halls like maniacs in their corporate headquarters. But they don't want to be the lead name in a lawsuit against the Trump administration, so they're lying in law, which is an interesting dynamic. But I'm relying here on a professor of political science, a reasonable guy, Paul Sratchik, legal analyst. Trump's tariffs are a major legal question. The Supreme Court has set clear boundaries on unilateral executive action of this magnitude, he believes, and he thinks the Court is going to strike a lot of this down. But here are the questions. Never mind the conclusion President Trump relied on the International Emergency Economic Powers Act to impose the tariffs. It's an expansion of his executive authority. I believe he writes oversteps the boundaries set by the Supreme Court's major questions doctrine prominent in recent judicial rulings, the doctrine holds that federal agencies and the executive branch cannot make decisions of vast economic and political significance without clear congressional authorization. Now, the IEEPA AJEPA was enacted in nineteen seventy seven was intended to rein in what Congress considered overuse of the Trading with the Enemies Act, And since twenty twenty two, the Supreme Court has been clear, the fabulous, wonderful Donald Trump appointed majority, they've been clear. When an agency or the executive claims the authority to resolve a major question, that's en quote quotes a policy issue with quote vast economic and political significance quote, it must point to clear congressional intent. Tariffs which reshade global trade, potentially cost American consumers billions trillions, and disrupt entire industries certainly qualify as major questions. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hate the idea of just if something's major, because man, that's open to I the boulder. But regardless of that, this certainly qualifies as major. No, but nobody's wondering if this is a close.
Speaker 1: Call, right, right, And the argument you're going to hear is that Trump claimed a unilateral power to tax and regulate commerce powers Constitution vests in Congress, although Congress doesn't do a damn thing these days, but it is vested to Congress and Article one, Section eight, and the Supreme Court of signal skepticism towards such executive improvisation. In West Virginia, VEPA, the Court struck down the Obama EPA's Claim Power Plan, ruling that the agency could not overhaul the energy sector without explicit congressional approval. The court and this precedent has been used over and over again to rein in out of control lefty presidents, especially in recent years. And I'll tell you what one thing about this show that you're either going to love or hate is we are consistent. If we call executive overreach executive overreach when there's a d in the White House, we're gonna call it on ours too, because by God, somehow or other, there will be a Democrat in the White House again and we don't want him over reaching.
Speaker 3: We'll see Elon Broke with the tariff thing over the weekend saying he's not not into it.
Speaker 1: He likes more of a free trade guy.
Speaker 3: And Ted Cruz, as I mentioned a little bit earlier, who's been pretty solid supporter of Trump, said there's gonna be a bloodbath for his party in the midterm elections if Donald Trump's tariff sent the US economy into recession, which.
Speaker 1: It's about a fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 3: According to most of your geniuses right now, with the caveat that Trump could back off all of this at any moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there are a number of forces at work. There are seven Republican Senators who are signed onto a law saying this is executive overach and it has to stop. It won't become law because it won't pass the House, and even if it did, Trump would veto it with a hearty laugh. But you have that going on, and then the court stuff. The court, I promise you hates the idea of stepping in and squashing this right now, because part of the Roberts Court's identity is, Look, we're a court, we're serious, we're sober, we're not politicians, even though Barack Obama tried to turn us into them and Biden like berated us from the lectern which was terrible. We're only going to step in on huge stuff like this if we have to but they may have to. We'll see. Dang it.
Speaker 3: Oil's way down too, which the Trump people are pointing to is a good thing that came out of this somehow or whatever.
Speaker 1: I heard one super pro Trump host saying, well, the rest of the world stock markets are down way more than ours, so that proves that this is a good idea. And I'm like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: Trump tweeted out today? Oil prices are down, interest rates or down, food prices are down, there's no inflation.
Speaker 1: This is all good.
Speaker 3: David Boonson, who's one of your think tank conservative economists, said, I can show you many charts of oil prices and interest rates from every recession we've ever had that will show that this.
Speaker 1: They often go hand in hand. So there you go. Yeah, some of the messaging seems a little suspect to me. Anyway, more to come after a word from our friends at simply Save Home Security. I'll tell you what, speaking of policies, we don't like decriminalizing crime. Scumbags and junkies and burglars on the streets, and you know, it's a shame you have to have a security system. But simply safe is the one to choose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the active guard outdoor protection can prevent break ins before they happen. I mean AI powered cameras. Why monitoring agents all working together to try to catch people before they get into your house. You'd think that'd be super expensive because it's so good, But nope, about a dollar a day. No long term contracts or cancelation fees either.
Speaker 1: Why if, like my sweet bride and I, you had an old timey security system with a subscription and all, and we're getting paid multiples of this for worse technology. You're thinking, is this for real?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is, It absolutely is. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan, cats first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong, and again, monitoring plans start affordably at around a buck a day. Simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: So a number of people were predicting a black Monday, like a historic drop in the stock market today, which it's down, but it's not like make the history books down. Charles CW. Cook of the National Review. His take of that is this suggests to me that the markets think Trump is going to back off the fact that it's not the just complete. I hate to use the term bloodbath. It's amazing that bloodbath became an acceptable term for financial downtterms. I mean, because a bloodbath is pretty disgusting. It is gruesome, Yes, yes, gruesome, but you know, a big historic drop so the market. So the Wall Street crowd thinks hee, he's not gonna stick with this like long term.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, as I was saying earlier, I wish I had a little more cash on hand, I'd be investing, because there's still no better place on earth to have your money than the United States unless this keeps going, and then you're gonna have to get hip to investing in foreign markets again if the trade structure changes.
Speaker 3: You know I'm wearing I didn't notice until I put it on today. I'm wearing a sock, one sock with a big hole in the heel, And I thought, you know what, I'm just gonna go ahead, where as low rent as it is, prepare myself for the financial downturn if it sticks around, because this might be my new lifestyle, wearing socks with holes in them. And my question is, when you took the sock off the last time and elected to keep it and launder it.
Speaker 1: We must not have noticed the hole.
Speaker 3: Surely I didn't keep around a sock with a hole in the hill, because I mean, that's just at this point in my life.
Speaker 1: What have I worked every day for to wear holy socks? I know? Is it like a Saint Francis of a CC thing if you put a rock in your shoe or remind you of the suffering of others. I'd be horrified if I sent my kids off to school with holes in their socks. Here I am at work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, has AI ruined sports betting? Like maybe it's over? I don't know. Stay tuned for that, among other things. Stay with it.
Speaker 4: The Men's Final four in San Antonio, after the Houston Cougars completed a stunning comeback against Dude, they'll be in a fierce fight with the Florida Gators.
Speaker 1: So there you go. You got that your and versus Gator caa final. Do it what you gotta like the Gators in that battle because they've got like scales and the cougar could jump on him and bite him as much as he wanted. But unless you flip it and can get at the soft underbelly. So if they gotta like a gator, especially drags that cougar in the water, it's over.
Speaker 3: If the actual animals fought as opposed to the college basketball team.
Speaker 1: That's how I make sports predictions. Gotcha coming up? If your favorite brothel asked you to fill out a ten page application with all of your personal information, would you do it? That's right, we're talking about a house of hoary. That very thing happened in Boston. Crazy story, we'll tell you about it. So a couple of AI stories for you.
Speaker 3: First one that centers around the NCAA Championship game tonight. March Madness bet AI versus pro gamblers one million dollar March Madness bet. So a professional gambler took on AI, and this article was from Saturday. I don't know where they are after the two games that happened on Saturday, but the one million dollar March Madness wager between a pro gambler and an artificial intelligence site came down to the AI platform four C predictions. The guy had missed thirteen games out of the first sixty, AI only missed ten. The point of this article and the discussion was and that became a thing online over the weekend. Is if AI is as good as or better than your top five percent of sports gamblers, which it seems it is, well, then where where does that leave sports gambling at all?
Speaker 1: And will it continue to exist in the form that it has?
Speaker 3: Wow. One of the big betting houses said that they have been concerned about this and knew it might be coming, that didn't would be here yet, and they feel that perhaps the decision is here earlier than they had expected. It's gone beyond even what we had expected at the start of AI.
Speaker 1: Well, the house always wins on average, That's why casinos exist and supports betting sites exist too. Individuals will win against the house semi regularly. That's why you keep going back If AI, well, the question is will AI win enough? Well? Sad profit turns into a loss because if it's a thinner margin, they'll just restructure what they do a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, I would think that, and I don't know a lot about this, but I would think that your big betting houses, they get a lot of people betting that you know, most of them aren't professionals, and most of them aren't that good.
Speaker 1: They lose a lot.
Speaker 3: So if AI's better than the top five percent and every other dufus now can just use AI. Then all of the betters are like the top five percent. That's got to be a different profit margin. Oh yeah, for the bedding houses than what they've had in the past. Yeah, I know, their profit margins are very, very large. Yeah, that's that's a great question.
Speaker 1: I could easily believe that it would cut the profit down to this is not worth it. It's going to be even turned it into a loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be a complete restructure of what they've had in the past because they are counting on dufuses like me that get all excited for their you know, their home team when they make a run and that sort of thing. Not the professional gamblers. They might even expect to lose on the professional gamblers. But if everybody is professional gambler level, that's something AnyWho. One of the many repercussions of AI. Here's a guy who used an AI avatar in a legal appeal. The judge didn't dig it. Let's listen to this audio and then I'll fill in any of the blanks.
Speaker 1: Twelve.
Speaker 2: Michael, the appellant has submitted a video.
Speaker 1: We will hear that video. Now, may it please the court?
Speaker 3: I come here today a humble proceeds were a panel of five distinguished justices?
Speaker 1: Is this hold on? Is that counsel for the case.
Speaker 3: I generated that that is not a real person.
Speaker 2: You did not tell me that, sir, And you have appeared before this court and been able to testify verbally. You are not going to use this courtroom as a launch for your business.
Speaker 1: So if you are.
Speaker 2: Able to shut that off, hold you have five minutes.
Speaker 3: Wow, that judge was not happy with that. So the guy tried to use an AI lawyer. Yeah, she clearly thinks there. I say, I'm reading this New York Times article, but I didn't read the whole thing. She clearly thinks it's some attempt to like advertise his AI lawyer business. But at least in the first couple of pages of this article that I read, it is just a guy who didn't have any representation and felt like he was in a bad position and so used AI, which you've heard about, you know, around the country, various people using AI lawyers.
Speaker 1: Huh, where is that going to go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You just got to hire a flesh and blood human to read what the AI told him to say, right, yes, fine, that doesn't make any sense obviously. Hmm. We got a lot on the way.
Speaker 3: I hope you can stay here if you missed a second, and get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong.
Speaker 1: And Getty Pain in the Market.
Speaker 4: At some point, you're unwilling to tolerate this idea of a Trump put they're a threshold.
Speaker 1: I think your question is so stupid.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a I don't want anything to go down, but sometimes you have to take beticon to fix something. As questions are stupid. I suppose they got to ask him. It's just what the what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: So the whole point is to scare a bunch of these country Yeah, these countries into thinking, wow, we better, we better adjust here because he's serious long term, and and he's gonna tell a reporter asked not I'm not serious long term. This is just to scare them, and so I'm going to back off of them just as soon as I mean, what is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what conclusion? Is he looking for a rebalancing of tariffs to a truly reciprocal relationship, or is he trying to permanently restructure trade around the world by putting up high tariffs against imports for the US for good good question. That's why nobody knows quite what to think, and the explanations out of the White House are a little difficult to follow at times. More on that next hour, including two great conservative historians taking different views of the tariffs and where they might be going. Also, this is an unnecessarily snarky headline, but it made me giggle. Great news for humanity. Depressed liberals are increasingly suicidal due to climate anxiety, according to a new study, and those that remain to stick around aren't having children. So might progressives be self depopulating? Be fine with me, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The suicide part is troubling, but not having children's that's that's absolutely happening.
Speaker 1: Although I've got to admit it, and I believe it or not a fairly compassionate fellow. But if you're committing suicide over climate anxiety, you have profound mental problems. Anyway, More on that to come. Here's a question for you. We've all, you know, applied for colleges or jobs or loans or whatever, and you sit down, you fill out a long detailed application with your financial information, your employment information, your past addresses that sort of thing. Would you do that for a horror house? No, not just no, but hell no. Story out of the Boston area, there's this high end brothel operating out of a luxury apartment complex, charged up to six hundred dollars an hour for sexual encounters, an elite club near Harvard University. And you had biotech execs, doctors, lawyers, politicians, filled out applications and handed over IDs, work badges, personal references. This cant what kind of a reference. Joe was a fine and upstanding young man. He coached my son in baseball. I know, I don't think that was part of the reference, although you make an excellent point. So this this Cambridge brothel they're calling it. The gal who ran it was a former sex worker in Vietnam, an immigrant to the country forty two years old. They wanted to attract rich and powerful men and with very good security, high standards, no danger to anybody involved in the process, so to being arrested, I issome well, well, right, yeah, until it happened, so that there were no you know, junkies or scumbags or violent people or whatever. And so the young women involved and it's all women as far as I can tell, had much less risk on their end, and the guys had the Johns had much less risk on their end. And as an amateur economist, the dismal science, indeed, I'm interested that though they mentioned the up to six hundred dollars an hour, it was frequently less expensive than that, and I think that's because they had figured out a way to mitigate risk. I mean, you hear about your your Las Vegas call girls or whatever or whatever. It's more than three hundred and fifty bucks an hour, way more.
Speaker 3: And all the normal caveats on all different sides in that, I don't think this is a good lifestyle from the john standpoint of making yourself happy. I think you're seeking some happiness that you're not going to find. And I'm going to make assumptions that none of these women are, like, you know, drug slave, being trafficked by violent pimps at this level, although they might be. But if that's but if you don't have that, I can't imagine why I, as a taxpayer, care if some attractive twenty five year old woman is willing to have sex with some rich businessman for money. I just can't imagine why I care about of all the things going on in my community that I'm worried about on a daily basis, Right, how about you attack those first?
Speaker 1: Yeah? To what extent should the government criminal eye immorality? Especially if it's I mean, there was no streetwalking hose here. This is you know, you'd never know it existed, right, can't? This is an interesting question.
Speaker 3: This is not that it's bringing in a criminal element and driving down home prices and all that sort of stuff. With the streetwalking, hourly hotel situation.
Speaker 1: Right, and this woman paid the workers far more than generally is the tradition in this sort of work. And again I'm not arguing in favor of it. But one interesting, really interesting aspect to this, and I'm glad I almost forgot, was that the bust took place in two places, the Boston area. And also it just says Virginia, Oh, just out there. It is just outside Washington, d City. I was just about to say, you're gonna tell me. I know, I've read enough history to know this sort of thing has existed near the capital forever and always will probably sure. But so the Boston authorities have pursued charges against the Johns, and in a recent court ruling, the names have emerged. The various attorneys asked to keep them quiet because the damage that would be done would be disproportionate to the nature of the crime. Blah blah blah, But the judge said, no, you can turn them loose. Interestingly, just outside the capital in Virginia, the local authorities there said no, we're not going to go after any of the Johns. Well, uh, we'll just prosecute the madam and the sex workers. Yeah, so that's a problem. It's either a law or it's not.
Speaker 3: And if you're going to enforce it on you know, an hourly wage dude who goes to a crappy massage parlor in a bad street, and you're going to ruin his life sometime over catching me, you got to treat the rich dude the same way.
Speaker 1: Well, and I will I will never ever know for sure, but I would bet heavily on the opposition that the non going after the Johns in Washington, d C. Is entirely because they're powerful people of the government and or lobbyists and the authorities, and you know Fairfax and Falls Church and the various incredibly rich suburbs of DC and It's funny. How does everybody get so rich in DC They don't manufacture anything, huh. Anyway, I don't think it's any accident that the local authorities said, no, let's keep these names out of the paper. Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, it seems like such a sad, not going good place as a lifestyle. But remember what was the thing with Heidi Flies way back in the day. He got to be old to remember Heidi flies in Los Angeles in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: But that that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: It was like a high end hooker thing that eventually got busted.
Speaker 1: Great deal of discretion, and everybody was on the up and up. She had changing sex for money.
Speaker 3: She had her black book, her list, and then I was coming out in drips and drabs that include various movie stars.
Speaker 1: Charlie Sheen shot. You know, I everybody has their own opinion on this based on their own morality and religious beliefs. If it's an occasional seeking of pleasure as opposed to a lifestyle, as you put it, you know, teach their own. And I'm not sure the government needs to be involved in it. Frankly, new listeners to the show. I've been faithfully married to my wife forever and don't indulge.
Speaker 3: But well, I'm serial no interest in that. But you know, like I said, I'm not concerned about somebody else who is interested in that. With all the caveats I threw out there of you know, it's not some doesn't speak English woman from El Salvador who's basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's not. Oh, that's abhorrent, absolutely abhorrent. Yeah, and a lot of prostitution is that, especially in urban areas, it's absolutely terrible. A brutal a pimp who who who well brutalizes the women under his thumb.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know. We did a sex workers panel many years ago. It was very interesting sex workers of various levels. What percentage is what I described? You're a good looking twenty five year old completely doing this of your own volition, nobody's forcing you to do it whatsoever, with guys you trust, and it's what percentage is that? Is that such a minor percentage? I wonder that it's not even worth having the discussion around that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that might be true.
Speaker 3: Maybe such a tiny percentage of all prostitution is that To throw that out there is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like the percentage of golf courses that are ritzy private clubs. For instance, there are fifty golf courses that aren't for each one that is, right, So crafting any laws or having attitudes about the whole prostitution business with that in mind is really distract might be I wish I knew that. Yeah, Yeah, And there are some cases, just again to get back to the philosophy of governance, where terrain in the truly horrific, sometimes the just mildly ikey gets caught up in It's it's well, like you know, these wealthy guys going to these apartments in Cambridge. I mean, I don't care. Is it mildly icky from a moral point of view, yes, But that is what has to exist to prevent sixteen year old girls from l Salvador being trafficked by the cartels and becoming rape slaves in the United States under the thumb of some brutal pimp, Right, And that's the reality. I think it's important to know.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, then I am all for having a standard and making it clear every now and then we ain't.
Speaker 1: Cool with this. Yeah, I would love to know that. I know there are folks in law enforcement listening, drop us a note mail bag at armstrong and Getty dot com. What have you seen the actual reality? So this is terrible and I am going to pretend to be troubled by it. Depressed liberals are increasingly at risk of suicide due to so called climate change. According to a group of European and French Canadian scientists. The alleged findings, while morbid, could signal a bright future for the human race. Rights Andrew Styles, who apparently is not upset by this. A world with fewer annoying people would make life more tolerable for the rest of us, The species would grow more resilient, and the planet might also somewhat ironically benefit from the decline in population, assuming it isn't all a hoax.
Speaker 3: That is a cold eyed look that will jump into the whole terriff discussion. See where we are on that on a Monday, on day three of Liberation Day, so stick around for that.
Speaker 1: Stay with us.
Speaker 4: Mental health experts are saying that adults can help deal with trauma by sleeping with a stuffed animal, which is the same thing goofy whispered to your wife. Subway has partnered with Doritos to offer new foot long nachos. But I don't love the slogan, eat out of this trough, you pig.
Speaker 1: I don't like this. It's not a good slogan.
Speaker 3: I watched a musical act a young lesbian and an older lesbian. The musical act Brandy Carlyle and Elton John. If you just glanced to the screen, it looked like a young lesbian and an old lesbian singing the duel, which was very good.
Speaker 1: Musically, it was very good. Sure, not that there's anything wrong with it. Coming on.
Speaker 3: I want to read some stuff from a Shell Obama that came out over the weekend. I thought it was really interesting about it kind of clears up where things are with the Obama's marriage. You know, there been a lot of rumors flying around, and it really that sort of level of partisanship really bothers me. The like, if you would take joy in the Obama's marriage breaking up, I think you're deranged in the same way that people who anybody with the last name Trump has personal problems that makes you happy.
Speaker 1: I that's just weird. That's weird, man.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Michelle Obama said some things about their marriage. I thought everybody should hear that I thought were really really good. They did have some really tough spots and anyway, I'll read them later and we can discuss.
Speaker 1: So you want Michelle Obama to be the next president, that's a good lord. Some texts on things we talked about. We got this text.
Speaker 3: I used to frequent prostitutes often after my divorce. Here's what I learned. You don't have to pay a hooker alimony. That's not a good text, that's not helpful to the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, aren't the.
Speaker 3: Intelligence agencies from China, Russia in the US. They must love these madams, these high dollar madams in these hotels, especially around DC. I guarantee you they have cameras set up so that every one of these brothels following these girls, so they.
Speaker 1: Know who came and went. I don't know, maybe maybe not, but you know, if they knew it was happening, But yeah, that would be an enormous trove of blackmail material for foreign intelligence agencies. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On sports gambling and whether AI has ruined it, Gents, I've been using AI for the past six weeks, probably with a lot of March Madness stuff. For gambling, and it's not that great. At best, it's fifty to fifty, so it's like a coin flip. But I can do that for you. I would think you would have to be. I mean, if there's such thing as professional sports gamblers, because they dedicate so much time to taking in through so many statistics, that they're better than a coin flip, AI's got to be able to do that, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Well if yeah, yeah, I don't know. That's an interesting question. I'd like to see a statistical study of how many gamblers are better than fifty to fifty and how many worse. But I think for the average schmo, they're definitely worse than fifty to fifty. Oh, I know, I would be Yeah, so use AI.
Speaker 3: Somebody said they're just watching Jim Kramer, and he said Wall Street made twenty percent each of the last two years. A correction needed to happen. It should be resetting around thirty five thousand. Anyway, that's an interesting take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was crazy overheated the price to earnings ratios. I won't get technical on you, but they were like twice as high as the historic highs in a lot of sectors.
Speaker 3: I mean, just insane and everybody knew that, So I guess the question would be, is did this tariff thing just kick in the correction that was bound to happen.
Speaker 1: At some point anyway, I don't know that either. That's possible. It couldn't continue the way it had been. That's true where the tariff thing comes to rest. That's not an argument in favor of what Trump's doing, but it's a point worth observing.
Speaker 3: I'm somewhat amused by the stories Fox is doing so that they have something to.
Speaker 1: Talk about other than the stock market and the tariff thing. Looking up there. This is a big story this morning.
Speaker 3: Disc golfer refuses to play against trans athlete out into the worlds disc golfing.
Speaker 1: You know something.
Speaker 3: Viewers can get around well, but they head over in the corner. Dow down seven hundred points. It was down as many as almost two thousand earlier in the day and is now back to being down between low hundreds, two hundred.
Speaker 1: To five hundred.
Speaker 3: So it's possible that we reached some sort of correction bottom. It's possible, like I mentioned earlier from one pundit, that Wall Street believes Trump's not gonna stick with this and have some reason to think that I have some inside knowledge on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, he's made a couple of noises that hinted at that, but it's you cannot possibly overestimate the importance of speculation in the US stock market at this point. Speculation being i'll bet it's gonna go up sw I'm going to buy regardless of I would like a share of this company for I believe it will be profitable in future days. That's what investing is supposed to be. And so people sell when they think it's gonna go down, by when they think it's gonna go up, and the the you know, the underlying principles of what's a good investment what's not tend to get lost. So we're dealing with a lot of speculation change right now. More of that coming up.
Speaker 3: Biggest movie debut of the year happened over the weekend too, and a bunch of other stuff. I hope you can stay with us, Armstrong and Getty