Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty I'm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The opening act, grabbing headlines for all the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: A comedian who offered unfunny, racist, cringe worthy.
Speaker 4: Jokes basically calling Puerto Rican's trash the most repulsive racial jokes about Latino's disgusting and hateful.
Speaker 3: So incredibly crude, frankly just.
Speaker 1: Too x rated to play here, extremely wild so called jokes.
Speaker 4: Now obviously in retrospect, having a roast comedian come to a political rally a week before election day and roasting a key voting demographic probably not the best decision.
Speaker 2: By the campaign politically.
Speaker 4: But to be fair, the guy's really just doing what.
Speaker 2: He does, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, old uh Tony Hinchcliffe. He sold out two nights at Madison Square Garden just a little while back. I guess he's really popular among young men doing very very edgy humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he he refuses to apologize. I wouldn't apologize either. Hey, you hired me.
Speaker 1: This is what I am. I'm really popular for what I do. Sorry you didn't like it, but I don't know what you want from me. Right, You're gonna have Leonard Skinner to apologize for going Doweta Le tweet leed tweet.
Speaker 2: Lead tweeted Lee. I mean, it just doesn't make any sense. You hired them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's so it is simultaneously, because I've read through the jokes simultaneously an orchestrated frantic overreaction by the left who are desperate for a narrative.
Speaker 2: And also those jokes.
Speaker 1: Were terrible, I mean, like incredibly unwise in that setting, because it's more than the Puerto Rico joke, the Porto Rico joke. You got to work to make that quote quote racist. We have so dumbed down what is considered racist in this country. It's laughable. On the other hand, there was some other stuff that was just objectionable. Well, you're terrible. To your point, here's jd Vance yesterday.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the joke.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe it's a stupid racist shoke, as you said, maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to comment on the specifics of the joke, but I think that we have to stop getting so offended at every little thing in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm so over it. So anyway, there's that view of it.
Speaker 1: John Stewart did play some of the guys act not from Sunday Night, but like his regular act and we're really edgy jokes and came back to John Stuart's laughing and say, I'm sorry, I find the guy funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just knew.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but again, like you're your point was, that's not the kind of person you put in your rally a week out from an election mass appeal. It just it's I don't know.
Speaker 6: To me.
Speaker 2: The only thing you could possibly make it, like an honest.
Speaker 1: Real point about is it shows Trump's doesn't really care about detailed sort of way of running things.
Speaker 2: That's the only conclusion you could draw.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you want to make that point, that's fine. I have several different pieces of journalism slash thinking that have to do with the acute discomfort a lot of working class America's feeling because of inflation. Housing costs, in particular devastating the rates of evictions are going up in all sorts of significant markets, including some swing states, and it's real gut level. Oh childcare. Folks can't afford childcare. I mean, it is in your gut, can't sleep at night, economic fear that's going on. And we're talking about this roast comedian's unfortunate jokes seriously America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm just looking up the TVs.
Speaker 1: I got a bank of televisions in here, and CNN, CBS, and ABC all led with it this hour.
Speaker 2: That's a joke, the Puerto Rican joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, anyway, at the risk of beating that point to death, maybe we'll we'll move on. But I thought it was really interesting that Gerard Baker, who's a Trump hesitant conservative in the Wall Street Journal, wrote a great piece about how Democrats made a Trump comeback thinkable, and he talks about how the overcharged rhetoric about Trump that takes his flaws and inflaces them to just almost hilarious levels. People see through that sort of thing, And he said, though Trump is a highly flawed guy, we're conflicted because of the simple engaging thought about the Democrats themselves. Are we really going to let them get away with exploiting our unease with Trump, using our doubts and manipulating our angs to validate retrospectively the damage they've wrought in the past four years, and to approve proactively what they might do in the next four. He goes on their deceitfully vacuous campaign. It's invitation to sign up to a blank slate, on their plans for another term, and collective amnesia about their work in the current one. Their empty pantsuit of a candidate, incessantly blurting inanities into the media, void incapable of articulating a single substantive idea for governing. What they amount to is nothing less than an abuse of voter scruples, an exploitation of the yearning many have for a hint of normalcy. So yes, without the Democrats, Trump couldn't exist, or couldn't exist with any strength whatsoever. So I think is a good point for those of us who are Trump hesitant but agast at the progressives. As watching kamlo Is interviewed by Nora O'Donnell on CBS News, I think we have clips of it we'll play later. But man, she will not answer a question, will not or cannot Nora o' donald really tried to nail her down on the whole abortion thing. But what restrictions are you in favor of because that's something she hasn't outlined in the past. Anything she's ever said about it leads you to believe she's okay with abortion, you know, up tilly whatever you always say up to kindergarten, which is horrific. But she would not, she would just would not answer the question. Nor A Donald asks several times, and Kamala Harris says, I already told you, and just stares at her, and there's like a silence between them for a while as nor A Donald looks at her and Jay look at each other, and nor A Donald moves.
Speaker 2: On, Actually you did if you told me? This is weird?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: He got a nice note from Doug from Boston with a bit of analysis the election, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: One point in particular leaves out.
Speaker 1: He says, I think the reason Kamalin never gives any direct policy answers is because the party is such a loose coalition of strange bedfellows that and she's barely holding onto a tie. She can't or to alienate anyone faction by giving any concrete answers. That's the same reason jd Vance, for instance, is so soft on the anti Ukraine. Putin's a hero wackad do wing of right wing America. He needs to hold on to them. Yeah, to be fair, Yeah, that'd be a perfect mirror image of the same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: When JD.
Speaker 1: Vance was asked over the weekend, Jady Vance goes on every show because he is very comfortable answering tough questions. But ask his enemy, is Russia an enemy or ally of the United States? He would not say enemy. That's not the right way to look at it. We have many countries in the world we do business with and different guys, and I thought, really, you can't just say Russia an enemy the United States.
Speaker 2: But for the reasons you just.
Speaker 1: Said, yeah, and his point of view is, hey, look we're gonna pursue a new relationship. I actually a pretty ridiculous to not say Russia's an enemy of the United States. I would agree it's there's no reason not to, although I'm reminded of Joe Biden being tempted into calling Saudi Arabia pariah state. It's just a dumb move. Don't play your cards until you have to play them, is my opinion. In foreign policy. Anyway, I wanted to move on to this. It's a Rich Lowry, who's absolutely terrific editor in chief of the National Review. He's positing that we've and this is a question we've asked several times, that we've passed the peak of woke politics.
Speaker 2: In the US.
Speaker 1: And he makes this point through pointing out that Kamala has like disavowed all of her ideas that she touted. And you know, I could do the list. Do we have to defund the police? Oh no, no, no, abolish ice? Oh I don't believe in that, Dee, I never heard of it. Medicare for all that was three years ago, Green New Deal. Let's not get carried away. Allow the ad that they're running around the country. I don't see ads because I'm in California. There's no point in run ends. But the ad that's getting the most attraction, according to stuff I read, the Trump ad is the tax sex changes for criminals, the criminal illegals.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just. And she says, I will follow the law. I will follow. But do you think that's a good idea. I will follow the law. All right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is the number one Trump ad right now in terms of a number of times shrun and the positive response focus groups, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I've seen it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: And what makes it so good is that it has Kamala in her own words, and then Charlemagne the God and his sidekick saying taxpayer dollars for sex changes for inmates.
Speaker 2: I'm not down with that. Kamala Harris is for they them, Donald Trump is for you.
Speaker 1: And again, whoever made the point that it's not that specific issue, because it's not gonna happen a lot, and it would be a drop in a bucket of money.
Speaker 2: It just shows how crazy you are. It shows you to be insane. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah ah.
Speaker 1: And then Rich Lowry goes on and this is the point I really wanted to get to, and I he's right, But well, I'll just read it that Harris now feels compelled to disavow so many of the ideas that she once embraced. This powerful testament to their political toxicity. An idea has won or lost in American politics when both parties favor or oppose it, or simply don't want to fight over it anymore. Ronald Reagan's economics truly prevailed when the Democratic Party, via Bill Clinton in the early nineties accepted his basic approach.
Speaker 2: The era of big government is over gay.
Speaker 1: Marriage one politically, when Republicans decided to stop talking about the issue. By this standard, woke attitudes and policies are in marked decline. And Kamala Harris's exhibit A. That's a good point and a win for us. I don't think he's somewhere between right and wrong. And the reason I say that is they still have full capture of so many of the centers of communication in our society, specifically the media and academia, which is different than those other things in a lot of ways. And also, don't forget friends, from the time of Lenin and Marx to today, Marxism is one hundred percent comfortable with deception. They will absolutely tell you, oh, we're not in favor of defunding the police because they know it's not popular enough. Then the moment they get powered, they will defund the police. So I'm not sure Rich is right, but it's an encouraging sign. And then, as usual, I've rambled on long enough that I didn't get to the main thing I really wanted to get to, and that is an obgyn in Texas who's been practicing for over thirty years, delivered to over five thousand babies. And she says these stories about after Texas enacted pro life laws, women are dying because they're being or dying because they're being denied emergency medical care and for miscarriages, or they took the abortion drug. She said, it's not true. It's not true at all. I care for these women all the time, and nobody's been denied care.
Speaker 2: For three minutes. It's a fantasy, she said.
Speaker 1: The only women who are getting hurt are women who have become so convinced by the Harris campaigns.
Speaker 2: Rhetoric that they can't get care. Wow.
Speaker 1: The doctors are two of them to a man and woman, saying, come will take care of you, one hundred percent. There's no problem here, Come will take care of you. And the campaign's saying, don't even go because they will let you die. Well, and then that poor woman in Georgia who died who they regularly mention and Liz Cheney mentioned on stage the other day.
Speaker 2: I thought, Liz Cheney, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 1: So that woman who died in Georgia of sepsis unrelated to this as well.
Speaker 2: Documented according to.
Speaker 1: Her own lawyer, who's suing to try to get money, it's amazing. So to me, that says, if that's the best example, you've got one that's not a good example, then it must not happen very often, because if you had a clear cut good example, I assume you'd be using it.
Speaker 2: So which side really cares about women? That's a good one. Hezbollah has a new leader. I think they're oh boy, I think they're all.
Speaker 1: State Agent just called and said, we need to talk to you about your life insurance premiums.
Speaker 2: They're going up. We've got a bunch more news on the way. Stay with us.
Speaker 6: Swinging in a ball driven right field, way back, and forget it, it's gone. Freddie Freeman has homer for the third straight game in this World Series and now five consecutive World Series games. Freeman does the job at two run homer and the Dodgers strike first with what else the long ball?
Speaker 1: Dodgers win. They're up three to zero in the World Series. Freddie Freeman has hit a home run in five straight World Series games, which ties the record held by a guy who played for the Astros who was probably getting signals.
Speaker 2: So right there, you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Freeman's been a monster. Hey, we add an email asking did you do what you threaten to do, which is by and where a Dodger's hat?
Speaker 2: Now, I did not.
Speaker 1: I never go on the winning I did not get around to it. That's just science, folks, that's cause and effect. I could go out and buy one and you'd have the very first ever World Series three oh collapse, yep, if you want that.
Speaker 2: So, uh, didn't Boston come back from three to zero? That was in the Division Series. It's never happened in a World Series, League championship, League championship. Yeah, they came back on the Yankees, Boston a right of course. Yeah, both American League teams. Yeah, Uh, that was I gonna say.
Speaker 1: Oh, So, I was kind of excited about the AI that Apple Phone was going to have, just because I want to start messing around with AI and it's got to.
Speaker 2: Be super easy for me to use and I do everything on my phone. But it's getting pretty tepid reviews unfortunately so far. I assume it will improve, but you never know.
Speaker 1: But here's a little AI chat gb he sort of story here from CNN yesterday.
Speaker 3: We're seeing the rise of empathetic AI. This is artificial intelligence. It's different from just chat GPT where you're trying to get it to help you with creative writing or tasks. This is artificial intelligence that is actually created to feel human and personable and character AI is an interesting platform because it's actually a two way immersive experience where you build these characters, or you can have a character that you know, and you begin to actually feel like you're living within a story. And they build this AI fan fiction platform. So this isn't just normal AI that we're hearing about. This is the rise of empathetic intelligence, and this company has been at the forefront of it.
Speaker 2: So empathetic AI.
Speaker 1: And then there's an example of well that's pretty long, but it's a fourteen year old boy who's driven to suicide by this. I got to believe the kid was struggling before this came along, but yeah, but if you've followed the story, it's extremely troubling. Yeah, so the role that this platform played you what do you what do you think you think this is going to become a thing, like a common thing where people feel like they're friends with and lovers one hundred percent it's already happening. Yeah, and it'll spread like crazy, and the birth rate will continue to decline between this and pornography.
Speaker 2: Wow. Man, sorry to be the bear of bad news, but I mean, that's that's as clear as it can be to me.
Speaker 1: It's pretty easy for me to be quite judgmental about this. Like, I feel like you got to be a certain sort of sad person for this to happen.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I haven't, I haven't done it.
Speaker 1: Maybe that first time you come home and you realize you're talking to your chat bot because they make you feel better, you realize, holy crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sad and it's pathetic if it's an adult.
Speaker 1: But like I always say about indoctrination, the reason they go after the kids is because it works. It's fairly easy to do. And if you're a child or an adolescent who's not known the normal way to deal with this stuff, having a online porn enhanced quote unquote relationship doesn't seem that odd, do you.
Speaker 2: Wow, I gotta look, it's sick.
Speaker 1: I gotta keep an eye on my kids having some sort of chat bought friend that's made them feel.
Speaker 2: Good, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 7: The new reports found that Americans are changing their vacation plans due to election anxiety. Yep, people are waiting till after the election so they know whether by a round trip or one way. Wow, okay, smiley, amusing, but some people mean it.
Speaker 1: I saw a thing yesterday was uh, and this person was completely serious. They're making a list of things that they're grateful for should Trump win, to remind them that life is still you know, good.
Speaker 2: God, dang it. I can't imagine being that wrapped up and who gets elected president? I I care a lot.
Speaker 1: I think it makes a big difference, but I'm not gonna. I don't need like therapy to survive it. Yeah, I wish the most and wise among us. Could you know, issue forth some book or editorial or something or other explaining how I guess they already have.
Speaker 2: But how is it.
Speaker 1: Everybody like equates their own soul their reason for being with a political candidate. But the hell is that, I don't know other than unhealthy as can be. I was thinking about this the other day. We've talked many times about how human beings clearly have a tendency toward wanting a king, like putting all their faith in a human and that's got to be an evolutionary thing that the tribes that survived were the ones that all rallied around a leader, as opposed to I'm not with him, I'm not with them. Some of us are with them, some of us are not. Got defeated by the next door village where they all believe they'd stuck with the guy no matter what. Yeah, it's helpful to look at human history as a long timeline because democracy has been around for as long as golf shoes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like it's a completely new thing.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, our tendency is toward the strong leader who will defeat our enemy. So you pick somebody, you go with him, and then in your mind you justify being behind this person no matter what. So your village, everybody fights and fights hard because it matters for our guy, even with his claws. Or even then, if I'm skinning a deer, I'm thinking about skinning a deer.
Speaker 2: Non who's going to be the new tribal chief.
Speaker 1: Then if I'm tending my crops or cleaning out my hut, I'm not obsessed with it round the clock anyway. How A book from nineteen seventy explains the current election. I thought this was very interesting. After this, I vowed to reset this and hadn't gotten to it because everything's so crazy busy right now. But that story The New York Times, which has been pretty brave on the whole abusing and torturing children in the name of transgender ideology, they've been pretty brave about reporting some stuff, and I I think it was last week I brought up that a big transgender scientist lady had gotten ten million dollars to do a study through the NIH on whether the hormone treatments and puberty blockers were actually helping the adolescent kids. Well, the study came out with a resounding no, absolutely not. But then the doctor has declined to publish it out of fear that opponents of this garbage will use it for their own ends. And I quote, I do not want our work to be weaponized. It has to be exactly on point, clear and concise, and that takes time, fair enough. But if it had found the puberty blockers do help the kids, would the study still be unpublished?
Speaker 2: I think not.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is a setup to the fabulous JK. Rowling speaking of moral courage. She's got more money than God, but still she is really risked a lot all the anti Christian wizard books.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow. Putting that aside for a moment, here's what she said.
Speaker 1: Or if you don't know that, we must not publish a study that says we're harming children because people who say we're harming children will use the study as evidence that we're harming children, which might make it difficult for us to continue harming children.
Speaker 2: I think this well summarized. JK has quite away with words. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: I just heard this story the other day. I can't believe I forgot it yesterday. I have to be very vague because I don't want to get anybody trouble. But it's somebody in the world of therapy who talks to younger people, and it was the topic of in California. How in the schools and in the world of therapy, if a young person says they think they're the other sex, you don't have to tell the parents.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 1: And this person in the world of therapy said, I want one, I thought that was ridiculous, And two said, they've had a couple of people, a couple of young people come to them with and they were both girls.
Speaker 2: If I remember right, of course, who thought they were boys? And she said or he said, could be either. You don't know if it's a she or a he be transgender. I'm trying to be either.
Speaker 1: The therapist said, I talked them out of it in like two minutes. But I have other people in my world who would have immediately put them, you know, pushed them toward the person that's gonna start them on the drugs right away. Right, I talked them out of it in two minutes. I know people who would have fast tracked them down the road. How horrifying is that your fifteen year old girl, for whatever reason, you know, being a teenager freaking hard, your teenage girl thinks maybe I'm a boy. There are some people who said, I'll bet you are here start this drug. And once you start the drug under affirming care, that's the only thing you can do.
Speaker 2: Affirm it.
Speaker 1: And if you don't affirm it, they're gonna kill themselves, so you have to or they're death's on your hands. And once you get one drug into them affecting their hormones, well then who knows what they're gonna think. I mean, everything's up in the air at that point.
Speaker 2: So few to confused.
Speaker 1: Adolescents always know what's best for themselves and ought to be empowered to make permanent changes. That nobody has ever believed that in all of human history, and yet it's getting jammed down our throats. But how scary is that that those two kids happened to land with a therapist who talked them out of it in two minutes, as opposed to a therapist who fast tracked them on the drugs. Oh my god, that's horrifying. That changed the course of that child's life. Oh my god, that that therapist is a hero and or heroine d or neither, by the way, are also worth saying.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 2: It just flitted out of my head.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, it's just undeniable that adolescent females have a tendency toward.
Speaker 2: What is the proper term masses.
Speaker 1: Theory is overstating it, but they are very impressionable. It's the same principle though, it's psychological impressionability. Do you remember when anarexio was such a huge problem all the time. I think, because I think it explains BTS girls. What now the popularity of the K pop band I don't kid mass hysteria, Oh mass hysteria, not anarexia.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, because I just said anirextion.
Speaker 1: They get they can also get together and believe all kinds of weird stuff like BTS is.
Speaker 2: A good band.
Speaker 1: Right, But then anorexia is stopped being a thing because they weren't looking at each other and trying to be out skinnied and blah blah blah. It's It's still a problem in some places, but none nearly as big adolescent females are prone to, you know, impressionability anyway, and this is the current one. And to affirm it is obscene anyway. Enough set on that topic, There'll be more for another day. I thought this was so interesting. If you want to understand this year's election, look at this book from nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: It's called The Real Majority.
Speaker 1: It was during Nixon's first term, and it was written by a couple of Democrats who are trying to save their party from future defeats, Richard Scammon and Ben Wattenberg, who'd been a speech writer for Lynnon Johnson.
Speaker 2: Fairly well known.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's Jonah Goldberg's first boss. He always talks about.
Speaker 2: You know, I knew that name was familiar, Okay, anyway.
Speaker 1: So Scamon and Waterberg believed that their fellow Democrats misunderstood the country's electorate.
Speaker 2: See if this sounds familiar to you.
Speaker 1: The energy of the nineteen sixties had led the party to imagine that the typical voter was young and highly educated. As a hypothetical example, the book described a twenty four year old political science instructor at Yale, But in reality, the authors wrote, the typical voter resembled a forty eight year old woman living in the suburbs of Dayton, Ohio, who didn't have a college degree and whose husband was a machinist. This Dayton voter wasn't poor, but she struggled with rising inflation. She worried about crime, student protests, and drug use polls showed. I mean, this is like, this is almost crazy that this was written fifty four years ago. She felt ambivalent about the Vietnam War. She was one of the plain people. With Scammon and Waterberg put it, we had long voted Democratic but was uncomfortable with the party's leftward shift towards the views of the twenty four year old Yale instrument Peace unless Democrats changed courses, the authors wrote, quote, we may see, well see Republican presidents in the White House for a generation. And sure enough, Republicans were won four of the next five presidential elections.
Speaker 2: Might have been five of five if you hadn't had Watergate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely true. But I just thought that was that's so so prescient.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Today, you know, it's the last decade when many Democrats were shoving like less border security, less policing, long COVID lockdowns, the end of private health insurance, decriminalization, decriminalization of pronouns, drugs, pronouns, transgender, this the anti jew Jewish, you know, chants and everything on campuses.
Speaker 2: The real voter is that lady in Dayton, not the the social.
Speaker 1: Degree, the women's studies degree spouting Wellesley grad who is screaming in the face of a little girl on that recent video. If you've seen that, that's that's not the voter. Twitter is not America anyway, what's what's old is new? I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is very interesting, and uh, we'll see if it's right again. And and one final thought.
Speaker 1: They they describe that gal that you know, archetypal gal as the plain people, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But I would describe it as the practical people you're and I'm thinking back to my younger days. Mean, Judy and I I mean plane is kind of like average or live on the planes when you said Dayton, Ohio average average, Yeah, suburbs, date and yeah. And I think I think practical people is not prejudicial. And I'll tell you why because it sounds like I'm trying to win an argument. But when when Judy and I had our kids, and when Delanny came along, our third kid, we were doing okay.
Speaker 2: But Judy was a.
Speaker 1: Stay at home mom and we watched every single penny and we lived in a very small rental house and flights of ideological fancy were not a big part of our world, if you know what I mean. We were busting our ass to try to keep the kids fed and keep the roof over our heads, try to grow the career, you know, get the repairs done on the car that we could barely afford. We were just we were very much a working American family, even though I was in media at the time. We were in media at the time. You have to be a twenty seven year old women's studies major from Princeton. I think to spend all your time and energy on this wild progressive crap.
Speaker 2: People who the plain people, they don't have time and they don't.
Speaker 1: Have interest in all this garbage, time being a big part of it, and they're not on Twitter much either. I was just thinking to what you were saying. Laundry and laundry and meals. That's what I spend so much of my time on laundry and meals. Yeah, you clean up from the last meal, it's time to get the next one ready. And I don't have any socks for tomorrow. Crap, you're doing that all the time. You don't have a lot of time to sit around and think about some of this weird crap they come up with and go pontific hat online or screech on a college campus about how the Jews are settler colonialists. So it's the plain people, the practical people. Pick the term you like.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: I just saw an article about how the NFL is trying to deter political expressions after a forty nine or throwing a Trump hat and ran into an interval.
Speaker 2: Oh, now politics is a problem. Are you a fie? Are you tagging the NFL?
Speaker 1: That's how it bounds Okay, we have we have more all the way to stay with us, Getty. So, speaking of parenting, as Joe was, parenting is especially as the kids get older. As every parent knows, it's never ending judgment calls, never ending judgment calls.
Speaker 2: Everything's a gray area, too strict, too lenient, to.
Speaker 1: You know, too much this, too little of that, whatever, varies from kid to kid. It's just NonStop judgment calls. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I'm not sure if I got this one right or not. But we're well.
Speaker 1: My son and I are walking back from the gym, which we're going to regularly, which is cool. He's he's gonna be thirteen here in a month, and we're walking past yard signs in the neighborhood and one of them was a Harris Wall sign that said something like keep your hands off my body or something like that. And my son wanted to know what that was. And he had asked the other day what abortion was, and I think I ignored.
Speaker 2: Him, but always a good strategy, and for whatever reason, I decided yesterday to get into it and I said it's about abortion. He said, what's abortion?
Speaker 1: And then I explained it and he was horrified and absolutely horrified, and he's got particular things as longtime listeners know that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it wasn't a good idea to bring it up.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But anyway, I was thinking how he was horrified by the suggestion of what it was and what their particular view of it was. And I was thinking, how much of his horror is the way I portrayed it, as opposed to the way that family would have portrayed it. I'm thinking that family probably would have said the family it has the Harris Walls sign in the yard. If their kid asked what abortion was, would have said or just explaining the sign might have just gone with.
Speaker 2: Some people believe males should be able to tell women what kind of healthcare to get.
Speaker 1: Wow, if you have to euphemize something that you know extensively, take a look at yourself. Well, that's a pretty common thing in the abortion argument, isn't it. I mean, one side wants to be very clear what we're talking about, and one side wants to use all kinds of euphemisms that make it seem like you're not allowed to get you know, your tetnis shot right, a bunch of white men telling women they can't get tennis shots is what it is that would be an odd believe calcium supplements or whatever other healthcare you might want.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was trying to think what.
Speaker 1: I'm not unhappy with the opinion that with the conclusion he drew from what I explained at all, But I was just thinking about how somebody else would have explained it in a way that maybe you'd come to a different conclusion. Well, yeah, if you were, if you cloaked it all in euphemism and dishonesty. And I'm, like most Americans, pretty moderate on the topic. I have a oddly and esque view. I think abortions ought to be safe and rare and for a limited time legal. I don't think there's any way around that in a society like ours. Yeah, I did explain to him where America is where the majority of people are, which is, in case you don't know, and you probably do, that a majority of Republicans, Democrats, men and women are okay with it first trimester.
Speaker 2: It's just true, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 1: But after that, a majority men, women, Republicans, Democrats are not okay with it. And it's been steady for years. Why we can't just get that into law more or less. I don't know demagoguery and dishonesty. Honestly, I think well, and to be fair as an analyst, the pro life maximalist position, meaning life is sacred from the moment of conception, is very very powerful in politics. Sure, very very generous in terms of political support and enthusiastic about getting out to the polls.
Speaker 2: You have to consider it as a Republican.
Speaker 1: Well, and apparently the given inch, they'll take a mile crowd is so convinced that that's true in this case that you don't want to have any restrictions at all for.
Speaker 2: A lot of people. I don't get that.
Speaker 1: Right, right well, ginning up fear is such a huge part of the democratic playbook at this point. I mean, it's almost like all of it. I don't have to gin up fear of a legal immigration. Ten million people have come in in the last few years, maybe more twelve thirteen, Who knows. I don't have to gin up fear of crime. Look at the National Crime Victim's survey that just came out. It's astounding. I don't have to gin up the idea that there are junkies in your parks and on your streets. But Kamala Harris, Kamala Harris refused to answer the question with Nora O'Donnell last night on the CBS News about restrictions. Jes just wouldn't answer it, Yeah, because you'd turn off the people who want abortion. Up to the ninth month, I guess coming up some powerful voices in favor of just women in women's sports, of development on that front, Armstrong and Getty