Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and he arms who live from the studio c a dimly lit room deep with in the bowels.
Speaker 3: Of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And hey y'all today on Friday, Oh my god, it's Friday. It's Friday, Friday, getting down on Friday, partying, partying. Yeah, today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, just a clarifyer.
Speaker 1: Are we going to party in the front seat and party in the backseat?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Are?
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, you're gonna hate me for this. But our general man today's inescapable.
Speaker 2: Trump Trump, Trump, Trump Trump Trump.
Speaker 3: I got all day Trump? Why always Trump? And that's the President of the United States?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why is he our general manager of all?
Speaker 1: I've got, like you know, as usual, twenty seven different topic slash stories slash headlines to discuss. And of those twenty seven, I would venture to say roughly twenty four of them begin with the name Trump. Trump, names, Trump, declares, Trump changes, Trump nominates, Trumps signs, Trump defense. I'm scrolling through right now, there's literally all the big news stories of the day, including an inexplicable change to Veterans Day.
Speaker 2: More on that to come. Do you think it should be that way?
Speaker 3: Or is it the media obsessed and the clickonomics that drives that?
Speaker 2: Ah, but partly both.
Speaker 1: I think in the case of the things I'm looking at, it's pretty legitimate. There are a number of significant moves, changes, nominations, assignings, et cetera. The pace of change is a bit much, I think for a lot of folks. Uh, did we need to shake up Veterans Day? Do I need to think about that right now? There's not enough plates in the air.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing is I saw him. I will have to get this clip. He spoke to the graduating class of Alabama yesterday and he said, you're the first class to graduate in the New Age of Prosperity or something like that, to the Golden Age of America.
Speaker 2: That's what it was, the New Golden Age of America. And everybody cheered and everything.
Speaker 1: All right, there go, those poor kids are going to graduate to a world where you don't have thirty dollars, you have only two, and they cost a little.
Speaker 2: More where AI does all the jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to explain myself briefly, Trump said he issued some sort of proclamation, yes yesterday he would rename Veterans Day as Victory Day for World War One and designate May eighth as Victory Day for World War Two celebrate US military victories. And he posted on truth social explaining himself. We can discuss later. But it is curious.
Speaker 2: Huh. Yeah, I'd like to hear the explanation.
Speaker 1: What about like Vietnam vets and Korean War vets.
Speaker 3: I think the way we took the armacist of World War One and turned it into a day to celebrate all veterans, particularly people who've served in wars, it was a pretty good idea.
Speaker 2: I would agree. I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 3: So I want to try my new thing. So I'm at home because I'm sick. Because I'm a very weak man, I'm sick all the time. I installed a new cough button on my microphone so I can cough it out. So I'm going to try it out right now. I'll start coughing. I'll press the button in the midst of my off to see if it This is.
Speaker 2: Exciting, and it works quite beautifully.
Speaker 1: The only regrettable part is the first establishing that you are coughing part, which I think is you know, probably unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Well, we've heard your coughing enough to believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like the American worker jack a productive cough.
Speaker 2: Oh god, well we had to listen to it. Oh god.
Speaker 3: We got the jobs numbers out, So how do we read these? Left to right? That's always the best way. US beat expectations with one hundred and seventy seven thousand jobs added in April.
Speaker 2: Take that, stupid expectations. I don't you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: We don't quite get the whole expectations game quite But so the unemployment rate stays at four point two percent.
Speaker 2: But is this good enough?
Speaker 1: There is no less meaningful number in America or perhaps the universe than the unemployment, right. It is so fraud with the dishonesty and the hidden people, and also lots of reasons, including if you're not looking for work, it doesn't count. So all the people that are home who aren't looking for work aren't unemployed.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna smoke pot and play video games and exist off the hardworking taxpayers generous teat. All right, well, you're not unemployed, or.
Speaker 2: My parents or my girlfriend. I'm not women do crimes.
Speaker 1: I empty out CVS's in cities and resell the goods.
Speaker 3: I've known a few women who've got to boyfriends slash husbands who are just always looking for a job but never seemed to get one. I married the opposite kind, the generous teat.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's not a bad band name.
Speaker 1: I don't know what our music would be, generously generous teat, the generous Tea. Yeah, it's like one of those bands that's not the Beatles. It's one name. How do you decide whether the alarm, for instance, whose leader passed away.
Speaker 2: The other day?
Speaker 3: But how do you decide whether or not to put a the in front of name? I say the for every band, just to have an all encompassing take.
Speaker 2: Care of things.
Speaker 3: But why do some bands decide not of the because it's more artsy and cool, because.
Speaker 2: You're the Rolling Stones, you're the Beatles? Correct? Correct? Yeah, but you are for instance Eurythmics.
Speaker 3: I would say the Eurythmics show you. I've said it ten thousand times introducing songs from it. Here are the rhythmics I know, and it's annoyed me every single time.
Speaker 2: And the counting crows, I'm sorry, counting. I need an article. No, no, see, you're not hip.
Speaker 3: I need to know that we're not in the effort of trying to figure out how many crows are amongst us. I need to know this is a title.
Speaker 1: Yes, and your sort of unhip type extends to It's always funny to hear old timey announcer like on the BBC who could not have been less him announcing the new record from the Pink Floydference.
Speaker 3: I've never said the Pink Floyd that one I've not done. We should start the show officially on this Friday, and I can test out my cough button during it. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Friday, May second, the year twenty twenty five, where I'm strong.
Speaker 2: You're getting we approve of this program. Let's leap into action.
Speaker 1: Then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, the show starts officially at.
Speaker 4: Mark First, they came for the Latinos outside of the home depots, and I didn't say anything about it because I'm not a Latino at the home depot.
Speaker 3: Amen, So I think it occurred to him. He's like laying in bed, methought. You know, Latino and a home depot. Ryan, There's got to be something I can do with.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, Congressman, thank Johnson. At Georgia.
Speaker 2: They came at the home depots and I said nothing.
Speaker 1: Continuing to search for some sort of hook to drag the American people back to their warm embrace on the d side of the aisle. I think he was riffing on the whole. They came for the Catholics and I said nothing. They came for the Jews and I said nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When they came for me, there was no one left to say anything, right, they came in. They came for.
Speaker 1: The Latinos at the home depot and the Blacks at the Nordstrom Racks.
Speaker 2: We can keep going, but we won't. Yes, I don't know. It's kind of looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Here's the most interesting thing I've heard today. I should start every day with this. What's the most interesting thing either one of us have heard today? Since we go through so much news from when we wake up to when we start this show, the most interesting thing I've heard today is that, oh, Mike Wallas who got moved from National Security Director to ambassador to the UN, which we found out later in the day yesterday, which moves you out of the inner circle. Still a real job, but you're not in the inner circle anymore. It's uh jd Vance trying to claim, tried to claim it was a promotion, but it's definitely not. You're you're out of the the inside. You're in the room for the big decisions. You're not that person anymore.
Speaker 2: You're moved outward exactly.
Speaker 3: But the most interesting thing is it is a confirmation position, and they are going to have the full Signal Gate investigation is going to be his confirmation hearing. That is going to be quite the delio getting to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I heard Democrats talking about it in salivating over it. And it will, uh, it will be purely an effort to oppose Trump, to deal a couple of bruises his way to well just true claim a claim a scalp.
Speaker 3: I don't true, but I would I would like to. I would like to have this. You know Republicans will be there to push back. Can can we freaking nailed down once and for all? What's classified what's not. What's a secure.
Speaker 2: Way of communicating what's not.
Speaker 3: If everybody's using signal, then let's decide signals okay. If it's actually not okay, then decide it's not okay. But let's figure that out once and damn for all. He was sitting in the meeting yesterday or day before, two days ago, the big cabinet meeting.
Speaker 2: He played clips from.
Speaker 3: He was sitting in that cabinet meeting with his phone out on signal with a whole bunch of different people. Now, a number of uh, former and current people in government have come forward and said, that is completely out of bounds. You cannot be in a cabinet meeting with your phone out on a non government communication device. You just that is just absolutely outbound or it isn't. Let's figure that out.
Speaker 2: M you got it? Uh? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh. He must think it's fine if he is sitting there in the cabinet meeting once again using the same platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I am so befuddled by this.
Speaker 1: I've kind of given up on figuring it out because somebody or everybody is lying or obfuse skating, and I just thought it.
Speaker 2: I don't have the bandwidth, as they say.
Speaker 3: Right, so you got that. That'll be exciting. There is way too much scoring points for my team that always goes on in this stuff. Just yay, we damaged the other side a little bit woo. Or yay they tried to damage just and we held firm.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, what does that do for us? The American people want anything, anything, not.
Speaker 2: A damn thing.
Speaker 3: Let me try my cough button again. Oh lord, it worked.
Speaker 1: They came for the Brits and Abercrombie and Fitch as harder than it looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we got the headlines on the way. We got clips of the week. We got a big hour here in lots of news of the day. I hope you can stick around. Remind me to talk about the new scale at the doctor's office. I have a doctor's appointment this morning, but he's my doctor I've had forever.
Speaker 2: Moved to a new office. They got a new scale that got an interesting facet to it.
Speaker 1: Really, huh, I've only encountered two kinds of scales at doctor's offices in my life. I think now I want to steal your thunderous thunder. We will discuss a lot of good stuff to squeeze in this hour, Big show guaranteed, why is Trump changing Veterans Day?
Speaker 2: Among less significant questions, but bringing that Columbus Day kick ass.
Speaker 1: Yes, finally and all its traditions, it's beloved traditions. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 5: Katie, Well, it's the top story from the Washington Post. Employers added one hundred and seventy seven thousand jobs, a solid showing amid tariff uncertainty.
Speaker 2: So who wrote that headline? What publication is that?
Speaker 6: Washington Post?
Speaker 2: That's Washington Post. So they used a good positive word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Washington Post goes with solid.
Speaker 2: That's good. I mean that's the certain thing we're looking for. Right, Yes, solid is good, excellent. Wall Street Journal is fairly.
Speaker 3: Flat on THEIRS added one hundred and seventy seven thousand jobs in April despite tariff uncertainty, no real positive.
Speaker 1: York Times says US job growth remained strong.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: The Wall Street Journal is the one that didn't have a positive word in mad Life.
Speaker 6: From the Washington Times.
Speaker 5: Judge rules Trump can't use Alien Enemies Acts to port trend a Ragwa gang members.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it was always a bit of a stretch, honestly, looking at the reasoning. This one will bounce back and forth in the courts for a minute. I'm sure a Trump appointed judge.
Speaker 2: By the way, m HM from.
Speaker 5: ABC Trump said he's quote taking away Harvard's tax exempt status.
Speaker 2: Bunch of phonies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Harvard is despicable, absolutely despicable. I don't think that can be done by executive fiat. In fact, I'm certain it can't be politically.
Speaker 3: All are my lawyer friends only care about legally, and they're probably right, But politically this is a huge win, not even close the percentage of people who want Harvard to get.
Speaker 2: Their come up ins versus people who want to stand up for him.
Speaker 1: Sure, the more I read about, for instance, Harvard's own recent anti semitism report, the more I read, the more disgusted I become. Every time I think I'm as disgusted as I'm going to get, I come across.
Speaker 3: More information just utterly unforgivable. I mean, I don't want to get off on this now. Maybe we'll talk about later. But the realignment of the political parties that we've all seen happening over the last couple of seconds do you think the average working class dude gives a crap about people standing up for you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Harvard needs to be stood up for in their tax exempt tatus right.
Speaker 6: From the New York Times.
Speaker 5: Marco Rubio, Secretary of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's now Secretary of State and National Security Advisor. Makes you wonder if that one job is needed, if one person could do it.
Speaker 1: Uh. He is the first to hold those two jobs. Since does can anybody to remember anybody? Now?
Speaker 2: Hk hint, that's right, that's right, since Henry Sinja. But again, Ois talker.
Speaker 3: Ever, if one guy could do both jobs, I'm not sure one of those jobs is necessary.
Speaker 5: From NBC, Trump signs executive order to stop federal.
Speaker 6: Funding for NPR and PBS.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: Then always is we barely get any funding, Okay, then let it go.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, if.
Speaker 3: You don't get much, then I guess you don't need it, so.
Speaker 2: You'll operate on your own.
Speaker 1: Fine, But America needs are unbiased in thorough journalism.
Speaker 2: Ah response America.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post.
Speaker 5: I felt insecure about being tall, but now I get paid ten million dollars a year as an OnlyFans model.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's My least favorite clickblaite bait is I'm so hot that it's caused me problems, right whatever.
Speaker 5: This one's also from the New York Post. Purse is made from t rex. This company claims leather made from sixty six million year old dinosaur DNA is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes the dire wolves running around. Announcement look legit.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I want to hear about this cool and it's it's it's it's bull duty.
Speaker 5: And finally from the Babylon b bad Timing Kilmar Obrego Garcia honored with MS thirteen's Employees of the Month award.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so we got clips of the week coming up. And also changes at scales and doctors' offices at least at mine. And it was overdue actually, so we'll get to that coming up.
Speaker 2: Bag.
Speaker 3: Also lots of news in the day. It's gonna be a huge Friday. Like Joe said, what did you say something about how great.
Speaker 2: This was gonna be. It's gonna be a huge price's probably a long.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Speaking of things the working class does not care about, which is an important voting group. Reading this article in the New York Times about the Kennedy Center, and which symphony orchestras, for instance, refused to perform. Now that Trump has weighed in on the Kennedy Center, blah blah blah, and uh, of course it was fine for decades to have a bunch of liberal musicians, actors, whatever, get up there in bad mouth, all conservative principles, right, But now that Trump's involved in the Kennedy Center, Oh, you can't perform there?
Speaker 2: What a bunch of crap.
Speaker 1: And not only you know, disagree with what we might espouse, but call us monsters, troglodytes, and what was Hillary's basket of deplorables and the rest of that? Yeah, okay, great Peggy Noon, and amen to that. Peggy noonan brilliant editorialist. Another great piece today in which she takes aim at a number of different folks, including Trump, with some fairly legitimate criticism, I think. But one of the things she's pointing out, as we have and others have, is the utter miserable failure of so many of our elites are so called elites, education, health, establishment, governments, you know, politicians, the arts, just just lying to us, abusing us, playing us for idiots, etc.
Speaker 2: And the idea that Trump caused.
Speaker 1: Trump is perhaps the most idiotic notion I've ever come across. He was a reaction to America looking at all of the elites, and Jack, you mentioned a couple of them, the Harvard's of the world, and saying, wait a minute, Not only are these people not looking out for us, they're contemptuous.
Speaker 2: Of us, and they abuse us on a daily basis. Well, I would like to put my thumb in their eye.
Speaker 3: Sure, And for all these years we've had to just sit there and take it, watching TV, go into concerts, whatever you do, get lectured about how awful you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Peggy noon, And I will just summarize, very very briefly. She comes to a point where she thinks there may be a transition from normal people like ourselves saying they had it coming to oh they didn't have that coming, and whoa, we didn't have it coming.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's.
Speaker 1: Good talking about the economy and tariffs and stuff like that. Yeah, I thought that was really good and clever. As always, so much talk about that. First, it's the Friday tradition. Let's take fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the Week.
Speaker 2: America wants our land, our water. I need a lot of water.
Speaker 1: Tick.
Speaker 2: That's just stupid. Hoder. The week President Trump and President Volodim Zelenski reunited at his funeral, I read President Trump's move. They aren't to make a needle.
Speaker 6: Pewton thinks that America has taken the bullet train to chumptown.
Speaker 1: We are over the shock of the American betrayal, but we should never forget the lessons.
Speaker 5: But this is really stunning news that Mike Waltz, the National Security Advisor, pushed out.
Speaker 1: But now in as the nominee for the United Nations Ambassador. President Trump's call to the founder and executive chair of Amazon.
Speaker 3: Peeve, maybe the children will have two dolls instead of thirty dollars. You know, they have ships that are loaded up with stuff, much of which they're all of it, but much of which we are. Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Hannah Dugan faces multiple charges for allegedly obstructing ICE.
Speaker 2: Agents while a state prosecutor and victims of domestic violence are sitting in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: It is a sad reflection on the state of our media that you obsessively try to shill for this MS thirteen terrorists.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Terry, he did not have to let.
Speaker 2: Or MS one.
Speaker 3: It is MS one.
Speaker 2: Three and that was a photoshoph. Hey, they're giving you the big break of a lifetime. You know you're doing the interview. I picked you because frankly I never heard of you. But that's okay.
Speaker 3: But I also was on the ticket quite honestly, you know, because I could code talk to white guys watching football fixing their drug.
Speaker 6: Here too. Yutta Dieyetta die.
Speaker 3: Robert De Niro's twenty nine year old child, Aaron, has come out as transgender.
Speaker 2: When the press asked her for comment, she said, you're talking to va them. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 6: Not talking about this?
Speaker 3: No, no, thank you?
Speaker 6: With our next meeting right here, man, Yeah, let's be less, but you're gonna have to wait a little bit long enough.
Speaker 2: I just had a really good idea.
Speaker 1: Let's start another United States somewhere else, same constitution, same principle, same Declaration of Independence, but have a careful screening process before people can come into it, because the you know, in principle, this is still.
Speaker 2: An amazing, amazing country.
Speaker 3: So I've got a doctor's appointment today during the show, I'm going to disappear for a brief amount of time. Doctor's office happens to be right by my house, so I'll be gone long. I'm filling out the paperwork during the commercials, you know, the you don't have the preregistration?
Speaker 2: Yes, And then when you get there, they ask you the same questions again, Yes, and you wonder why you did it, and.
Speaker 1: You ask them why and they say it says something something, and everybody's eyes glaze over you and you never get a straight answer.
Speaker 3: This is kind of gross, and I apologize. If you don't like gross, tune out for two minutes. But I'm filling out the paperwork and it says, how would you describe your cough?
Speaker 2: Here are the options?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, dry cough, wet cough, wet cough with brown discharge, Oh, wet cough with blood tinge to discharge, Oh wet.
Speaker 2: Cough with puss like discharge. There's oh good god, or wet cough with bloody discharge. I feel like there's three different than the other one. I feel like like at least three of those.
Speaker 1: You should be at the er. You shouldn't be home filling out this paperwork. Yeah, I agree completely am horrified by this. Oh my god, if you have those oh yeah symptoms, get to.
Speaker 2: The doctor yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to the talk in the box or your neighbors, a nurse or something. Don't wait for your appointment at three this afternoon. If some of those things are happening to you, geez, the.
Speaker 2: Here's the one. Your symptoms, Well, I've been coughing up blood? Really how long? Yeah? Six weeks?
Speaker 3: Blood, among other things. So here's I think I played this bit on the ars. He's talking about my doctor moved, got a new doctor's office, and one major change that I've noticed is the new scale.
Speaker 2: And I think we played this a year or so ago. It's a bit Louis c. K had. It was all about this woman who is really overweight, and she went to.
Speaker 3: The doctor and they needed to weigh her, but they didn't have any scales that could handle her weight, and so they took her to the zoo. Then wait her at the zoo, and he was talking about how just incredibly, you know, just bad for your juju it is to have to them to say to you, I'm sorry, we're gonna have to drive.
Speaker 2: You over to this and weigh you we don't have any scales that can handle you.
Speaker 1: Right right, not even like the freight yard or you know, somewhere else that weighs heavy things.
Speaker 2: No, the zoo.
Speaker 3: And uh. And his his main point, which I thought was really good, is it's like everybody's overweight and we still have the old timey scales. He said, there are two trans people in America. We changed every bathroom in the country. But if you're overweight, you have to go to the zoo to get weight at the door, which is a decent point.
Speaker 2: But I didn't notice that the doctor at the new doctor's office, they have.
Speaker 3: The big giant pull your semi up on there and get it weighed, empty platform for laying people. Now at the zoo, the thing is the size of a table. Yes, right, the doctor's office.
Speaker 2: Uh. Scale is now the size of a card table. It used to be tiny.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You stepped up on there.
Speaker 3: Your two feet barely fit on there, like the scale I've got at home. But now it's the giant lumber up there, six hundred poun person scale.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait, you don't necessarily lumber up there.
Speaker 2: They wait.
Speaker 1: Everybody on that scale. They don't have two lines one for the not immense and one for the immense.
Speaker 3: I feel we're getting on there because I walk, you know, I take several steps, stop and rest and then wait until I get to the middle of the scale and stop and weigh myself because it's so giant. But you know, I suppose that's a change that needed to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: My doctor's offices have had those for years and years, kind of a big platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you know, well, it beats a trip to the zoo. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. We're gonna have to wait till they're done with the rhinoceros. All right, step right up.
Speaker 2: Did you like some ay while you wait?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, yeah, for the indignity of being taken to the zoo of courses, Yeah, I'm against that.
Speaker 3: And they've had to reinforce you know, Gurney's beds, all kinds of stuff that were made really for nobody over two hundred and fifty three hundred pounds, which almost didn't exist when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Right toilets too, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's fine. It happens.
Speaker 1: Food here is going to take care that you're going to get rid of the food dies and the ultra processed stuff and will he be healthy again?
Speaker 2: It's the freaking seed oils. Yes, Ka, do you have a comment on this?
Speaker 5: I just I went to the doctor recently and I noticed that our our scale, they're doing it in kilograms instead of pounds, so it looks a lot lower, which I appreciate.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Now, congratulations, you're only sixty kilograms? Yeah right, Wow, that's weak. We're Americans. First of all, what are you going to some weird fur and Canadian doctors.
Speaker 6: Terri, No American doctor, just giving it to me and kilograms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm completely sympathetic to her this because I have friends and family who are on the heavier side, and as so many people are, and.
Speaker 2: Certainly the idea that the doctor's office can't weigh you is crazy, right right us to adapt and overcome.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, yes, a quick word from our friends at Simply Safe Home Security. Every day you everybody makes countless decisions, but the most easy and important one is securing your home. With Simply Safe Home Security, you know your family and everything you've worked for are protected. You can focus on the rest of your life knowing Simply Safe has your back.
Speaker 2: In a crisis. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, like I say all the time, I just I like when I pull away from my house whatever time a day or night or for the weekend, that I've got the simply Safe systems set up there and the sign in front of the door. Hey, you know, if you want to break in, just let you know. I got cameras and sensors and all kinds of different stuff. The Active Guard life protection it's about a dollar a day, by the way, no contracts either, because simply Safe doesn't have to rope you in for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: They believe you're gonna like the product.
Speaker 1: And unlike those traditional security systems that take action only after someone has already broken in, simply Safe Active Guard outdoor protection helps prevent break ins before they happen. AI powered cameras and live professional monitoring agents honor to your property to text suspicious activity and they can see and talk to the miscreant, activate the spotlights, call the cops, and again. All starts around a dollar day, no long term contracts or cancelation fees. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off. A new system with a professional monitoring plan gets first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong check it out. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 3: So we talked to some yesterday about the minerals agreement the United States and Ukraine has come to. I listened to some great podcasts where people really broke that down in a couple of things I did not know that are crucial to the agreement. We can talk about in the coming hours. A fair amount of news of the day is there, always is. How about we get to mailbag next.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 3: We don't usually do random crime stories for you, it's not our thing, but I got a great, great one for you later.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll get to among other things to talk about today and the.
Speaker 3: Usual swirl of Trump that was Joe's general manager today, Trump and.
Speaker 1: Everything, a list of things he's declared, signed, changed center, Some of.
Speaker 2: It great, some of it. What.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, sent along by Alert listener Brian.
Speaker 2: I like this. It's from nab Nasim teleb Well.
Speaker 3: I was just reading about a fascinating guy, the wickedly talented Nasim Selet.
Speaker 1: Different, different fellow. He's actually a mathematician, writer, thinker. It's written some groundbreaking, universally worshiped books about probability and lack swan events and how I love that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Be prepared for me. Yeah, you know what, I will.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see if we can post like his Wikipedia page to hot links at armstrong and geddy dot com just so you can read more about him.
Speaker 2: I'd love to read some of his books. I'm not sure how realistic.
Speaker 3: Is it it is.
Speaker 2: I'll get round to them and stick with them.
Speaker 1: But anyway, he wrote a quote, I'm a libertarian at the federal level, a Republican at the state level, a Democrat at the local level, and a socialist at the family level.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you could quibble with that a little bit, but his point being it reinforces the very idea of our country. Federal government ought to do as little as possible. They're not there to do much. State okay, little more, but stay out.
Speaker 2: Of our affairs all right.
Speaker 1: In your town, okay, let's talk about solving some of the problems that make our town less pleasant. And in the family obviously you're sharing based on love and blah blah blah. But the problem is when it gets turned on its head you have the federal gun pointed at your head to try to enforce some misplaced notion of socialism.
Speaker 3: I say it at the dinner table every night, people will receive according to their needs, based on according to their means or whatever that's saying is.
Speaker 2: To each, according to their needs, from each, according to their ladies, or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, now did you wash your hands? Go wash your hands? Mailbag, let's phones at the table? No phones at the table. That's right.
Speaker 1: You got this note from our old friend and colleague, Paul Jack. Some encouragement for Jack on the topic of disappearing fingernail clippers.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 1: Yes right, our daughter's denied losing many many fingernail clippers through the ears.
Speaker 2: When our oldest daughter was.
Speaker 1: Emptying a room and packing her stuff up for college, she sheepishly came into our room, opened her hand, and handed us six fingernail clippers. Very satisfying, Sick. I was great to hear from you, Paul. Fine fellow Brian and Chico, California. Dear Jack and Joe today got into something that's been bothering me a bit confusing, mean and median Ah this topic in He's traightened it out a bit today, but maybe not entirely.
Speaker 2: Two thirds of all people.
Speaker 1: Could be better looking than average, likely but possible, two thirds cannot be above the median of looks. Consider for the example you yourselves have used. It's a it's a classic. My friend and I are sitting in a bar. Jeff Bezos, in a bizarrely small T shirt walks into the bar.
Speaker 2: Well done, Brian.
Speaker 1: Suddenly the average net worth of the bar is approximately fifteen billion dollars, yet nine out of ten of us are below average.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. That's a good one right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love your show, but sometimes not your math. Well, you can't have everything, Brian. I don't feel like we were.
Speaker 2: We were fine on that. I think we were.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I think maybe Brian has a waxy ears needs to clean them out. Let's see how about this from Oh Joe and Buffalo, New York. Absolutely love this, Joe, thanks for reaching out. We're talking about non tariff trade barriers.
Speaker 2: Specifically.
Speaker 1: A couple of nights ago, Brett Beaar was talking to our our head trade representative guy and he was holding up a look of non tariff trade barriers for each country and it's absolutely dizzying because every country has their own thing and you have to figure them out and get around them, and it's all meant to limit your exports to them in a way that Donald Jay would say is unfair trade, and I think he's quite correct.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so Joe from Buffalo wanted to illustrate this.
Speaker 1: He says, Guys has shipped a bunch of material to Europe for a trade show. The peace parts included screws, bold swashers, other metal parts you know you're putting together your trade show display. I had European import people from our company reach out to me and ask me for information to comply with the so called Carbon Border Adjustment mechanism, the SEABAM. This was implemented by EU regulations in twenty twenty three, and he gives the specific regulation. I had no idea what half of this information was, and I was certainly not going to call a US distributor and ask them to provide this information for screws and washers. In the end, our company will have to pay a fee for some sort of non compliance. Thought you'd find this interesting, and indeed I do. So he sent the actual form to US for his nuts and Bolts quantity of goods, easy enough, country of origin, easy enough installation data installation where the goods were produced, including un low code, company name, address, geographical coordinates of the main emission source of.
Speaker 2: The installation for his screws and washers.
Speaker 1: Directed mission emissions, yes, specific direct embedded emissions need to be reported, Production routes, the production roots need to be reported.
Speaker 2: This could be iron or steel products.
Speaker 1: Blast, furnace, roos, blah blah blah, emissions, qualifying parameters, indirect emissions, data quality and.
Speaker 3: Carbon price do makes me tired thinking about it. And of course a big giant corporation can hire somebody to get all that paperwork going.
Speaker 2: If you're a mom and pop shop, then it's just it's.
Speaker 1: All right, right, As Joe and Buffalo points out, if you are a giant company and you're going to be doing the sort of volume that would pay for these compliant costs compliance costs, then yeah, you would do it. But as a small, medium, average, even fairly large company thinks, screw it, I'm not exporting to the EU.
Speaker 2: This is impossible. That's what Trump is talking about. So we will get into more news that Ukraine minerals.
Speaker 3: Right deal, there's some stuff in there that's pretty interesting, among other things, coming up an hour or two, Armstrong and Getty