Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is a closing bell on the Stock Movers podcast. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Master, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostic, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: Let's get to some of the individual gainers and check it out because some of them kind of hitting a most significant relative significant milestones to some extent. Let's go to coinbase because it shares is they are up almost twenty four percent here in today's session.
Speaker 4: We know what the news is.
Speaker 3: They're going to be set up.
Speaker 1: It's twenty three point ninety seven.
Speaker 3: I set twenty four percent, all right, so a big gain. This company's going to join the S and P five hundred that will happen on May nineteenth, kind of making it legitimate.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We had a big conversation about crypto kind of going into its legitimate phase because it just seems that way S and P five hundred. Hey, folks, if you're in an index fund, you now will start to own a piece of crypto if you didn't before. Anyway, Coinbase best day since the presidential election, So that was definitely some outperformance there. Another one first Solar. I've been looking at the all energy space in a big way for solar guys of twenty two percent in the past five days, this stock is up about fifty percent. Rounding it up for you, remain up about fifty percent in the past five days. So it has been on a tear in this one, having its biggest gain in two years. A couple of things going on. JP Morgan coming out saying the US budget reconciliation build better than the more bullish end of investor expectations for solar for win and geothermal firms. Also, yet Wolf Research coming out upgrading the stock to outperform and announcing it two hundred and twenty one dollar a share price Target stock closing at one hundred and ninety one and change. So really some outperformance and one more for you, super Micro. It's up sixteen percent in today's session. Raymond James initiating coverage the firm within outperform, saying it has emerged as a market leader in AI optimized infrastructure and the ANAS, also saying super Micro's positioned itself in a sweet spot between branded IT suppliers such as Dell and contract manufacturers like Quanta. Price Target said at forty one. They say the share is undervalued. Stock closing at thirty eight eighty nine to almost thirty nine dollars this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, you had the easy job with the gainers. Certainly there were some prominent decliners. Do you want to start with? United Health Group shares dragging the dow down today, shares falling seventeen point eight percent, closing up the lowest going back to February of twenty twenty one. This brings the decline from its record down fifty percent. The company did fall after it replaced in CEO Andrew Whittie with a former CEO, Stephen Hemsley. It also suspended earning's guidance and cited unexpected medical costs and challenges with its medicare strategy. The company stock down about forty percent so far this year. It also revised its forecast, and it raised questions about its ability to anticipate and manage patient's expenses despite its size and reach. Also hurts on my radar today, shares falling about seventeen percent this after the company posted a larger than expected loss in the first quarter, was driven by a slowdown in customer bookings and a thirteen percent revenue decline. Shares are up close to sixty percent so far this year. Just a reminder, pershing at Square Capital Management of Bill Ackman has amounced a nearly twenty percent stake in Hurtz in a part that's a bet the tariffs will drive up the value of Hertz's fleet once again. Shares falling today by about seventeen percent. And this is an interesting one. Igtus International Game Technology. They make slot machines and other gambling tech. It's about a three point three billion dollar market cap company out of Providence. Shares fell about ten percent today, as much earlier in this session, about fifteen percent this after the company said its full year revenue will be at the lower end of previously issued guidance.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go quickly to the bond market. Here, not a lot happened, but what didn't happen was also quite interesting. We hit that four percent level on the two year and nothing and it stayed right there, despite the fact that we got a weaker than expected a CPI, which in theory could be good news. Right, if inflation's less of a problem, maybe the Fed can actually cut One would have thought that maybe a yield would be lower. I also want to highlight the dollar, the Bloomberg dollar in next guys, jumping a full one percentage point. That's the biggest jump since April eleventh, so right around the walk back from Liberation Day.
Speaker 1: And just want to point out too, when we talk about just the shift and sentiment, you were going through the decliners, tim and it's interesting to see most of the decliners were a lot of those defensive names that had been bid up with a lot of consumer staples, obviously healthcare as well as some of those auto parts names. But then also the shift and sentiment to the upside that's having a material effect as well for the IPO market. We're getting the headline right now that the fintech company Chime but just a few weeks said it was going to postpone its IPO now saying it's going forward. It made the full filing now with the file on the Nasdaq.
Speaker 2: I remember, just.
Speaker 1: If I remember correctly get my dates right, just maybe three weeks ago it had actually said that it was not actually going to follow through with that at least not any time soon, but now apparently back in play here. So interesting shifting sentiment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bloomberg pointing out kind of late last year that it had about a twenty five billion dollar valuation back in twenty twenty one. That was the peak of kind of the tech boom, and then that faded. So it'll be interesting to see as we get more details in terms of the financials on that one.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.