Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Were with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 6: It is Friday, November one, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode sixty. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break with Life from that s WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star, presented by LGLG is the world's number one OLED TV brand for eleven years in counting side LG dot Com, Fort slash O, Leedevo.
Speaker 2: How's everybody doing?
Speaker 7: Doing well?
Speaker 2: Survive? Halloween was a Halloween. I was about to say Thanksgiving, it's about Halloween.
Speaker 7: I worked until like midnight last night, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at you, mister hard worker.
Speaker 7: You know, another day, another dollar, can't can't.
Speaker 6: Let us start working with somebody else, and all of a sudden, you work in until midnight.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 8: It was funny though, for those of you that don't know Tommy Yars who just joined at at Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 7: That's my guy. Go check out his work.
Speaker 8: But he's from Houston and he's kind of moved in with me at least until the end of the year, just to.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah, freak, how you guys are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's so weird, Like you leave the Cowboys and you go work before we start telegram and then we hire somebody who's a friend of yours, ye, who also is now living with you, and so you can kind of lead him along the way.
Speaker 8: Like, I'm so happy when how it worked out. First off, it's it's a blessing, it really is. But he I've never had to do like the Halloween thing, like this is my first time living in a home since I was like like in a house since I was like five years old. So it's like the kids were coming around the neighborhood apparently I wasn't even home, and Tommy was.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, I didn't know what to do, and they didn't knock on the door.
Speaker 8: So I was like, maybe I need to go outside, and so Tommy was like exactly sitting outside like hitting out candy to kids.
Speaker 6: And oh, that's a nice that's a nice guy. He actually went out of his way to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty So he's samped.
Speaker 8: Our address was a good home going forward, whereas I was out.
Speaker 7: You knows who knows, but.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 6: Well, y'all made it work and uh so everybody's in and we got a good show playing for you guys today.
Speaker 2: We'll get you ready for Cowboys versus Falcons.
Speaker 10: This this studio now looks so depressing. It looks so sad without decorations like that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get on that.
Speaker 6: Sorry, decoration, You're more than welcome to decorate.
Speaker 3: We got thanks.
Speaker 9: Now coming up, we need to fall the creation.
Speaker 10: Yeah, leaves some I don't know some stuff you're created.
Speaker 2: We need to get a bit of decoration budget.
Speaker 6: No, we ain't getting no decoration budget. Just for the record, that ain't happening. Whatever you can do, do it with whatever you got.
Speaker 7: On a scale on a scale of one to ten.
Speaker 8: And how much would you uh flip your lid if I brought a live turkey in before before things.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't cool with you.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 7: I don't know what I'm going to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Let's go for it.
Speaker 6: I'm still waiting I'm still waiting for Missus Doultphi, Missus Doutfires show up.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Last night brought Yeah, I'm still last night brought us took the Texans and the Thursday night football game.
Speaker 3: Missus Doubtfire likely to show up next time, little bit.
Speaker 2: We're in on that.
Speaker 3: I'm too down now.
Speaker 4: I had a this is I've just anxiety in this bet payoff stuff that we.
Speaker 3: Have to do on one O five to three the fan.
Speaker 4: We we have a survivor pool if you don't know, and and we we picked games every week and if you lose, you have to do a bet payoff.
Speaker 3: I've sat in a cold tub for twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: I've uh, I've eaten uh countless things, hot gummies, all kinds of shames, eyebrow shave my eyebrows.
Speaker 2: They're back though they're back, they're coming back.
Speaker 4: So so I I'm down to the point now where I'm gonna have.
Speaker 3: To dress up as Missus Doubtfire.
Speaker 4: And I'm debating on I think I have enough time between shows that I can leave here and then get it done and then be on my show.
Speaker 2: No, just come prepared.
Speaker 4: I come walk not walking into this building dressed though it is.
Speaker 8: From if you park in the garage, it's a short it would be his look though he walks into the one person he did not want to see.
Speaker 3: I walked.
Speaker 4: I have to go like down that they make us and right, you know, we have to check in, so we have to get a card and I have to go down the elevator.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: No trench trench coat over it.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 9: You're no fun.
Speaker 4: It is, but I I'm to the point now where it's pigs feet or dress up as Missus Doubtfire is what I have to do. So I'm getting I'm getting close to like actually having the show. But I think I have enough time between shows to go put on a costume for that.
Speaker 10: Or there is a bathroom literally right next to us where you can just come and change in there, and they come to.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Missus Doubtfire.
Speaker 9: Yes, I looked it up.
Speaker 3: The question that, yeah, it's a bunch of I like that pantyhose. It's pantyhose.
Speaker 4: It's a skirt, it's a blouse, it's a sweater, it's a brooch.
Speaker 3: It's I got the glasses, it's makeup.
Speaker 4: There's a lot involved for missus doubtfire, because if I do it half a like they think I might, I'm.
Speaker 2: They they're not gonna let me. They're not going to let that.
Speaker 3: You know. If I don't.
Speaker 9: How about this, you come early enough, I'll help you with your makeup.
Speaker 2: Yere we go.
Speaker 3: When you're thinking about it.
Speaker 4: I might have you help me with my makeup while I'm on while I'm on clothes.
Speaker 3: That's what I might do.
Speaker 4: So you're just gonna roll through the hallway, roll up with regular clothes and makeup on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, that would actually be funny too. If anybody runs into you that that could be interesting. All right, let's go and jump into this thing. We got to talk about some injuries.
Speaker 2: This morning, playing out literally a little while ago.
Speaker 6: Jerry was on one on five to after three the Fan and uh and made mention of of Trayvon Diggs and and mentioned that he has a tear in his calf. What are we hearing about this injury and the likelihood of him playing or not playing this weekend versus the falcon.
Speaker 4: You're pointed me, I'm trying to Yeah, there was. I kind of found out yesterday because I was working on some stuff and you know, the digs and not practicing and stuff, and I reached out to a couple of different people in the organization and it was like, Hey, there's there's something significant here.
Speaker 3: He's really injured.
Speaker 4: I go, is this just kind of a rest day to kind of help with the calf? And the work I got back was No, it's something that they're going to have to deal with here. We'll see this morning, you know what. I kind of since Jerry had the talk with us at one O five three the Fan and we appreciate him and Stephen both being on every week.
Speaker 3: They do a great job with that.
Speaker 4: But the I've reached out since to see, you know, where we're at. Is this one of those things that you know you might be playing with you were you were joking about, you know, practice squad corners playing again and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: You ready for starting cornerback on Hall?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's that's like him in the preseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did guys that weren't that aren't playing in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Now, but showed a lot of toughness. Yeah he was. He was.
Speaker 2: He was pretty much.
Speaker 4: But that's you know, I, like I said, hopefully as our show goes on I can get a further update about that. So, because like I say, once Jerry said that there was a used the word tear, I'm sure that the trainers and doctors and stuff are like, well it's not real.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just more medical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's more medically.
Speaker 4: It might be something that either is really significant or he could play through it kind of thing.
Speaker 9: So I guess bland Is still is not looking.
Speaker 6: Like he did not practice again yesterday, so it doesn't look like you probably would expect him to play. So now at this point my question becomes like what are those names you mentioned, keem On Hall. But at this point, if I have two thoughts here, if Trayvon doesn't play, who should we expect to see at cornerback. If Trayvon plays, but knowing that he has this injury that may compromise him, what do they do with the roster and the active guys with other names of cornerbacks to make sure they're protecting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they still elevate a corner this week regardless if Trayvon does play or not. The two candidates are Chemon Hall, as we suggested, Goaming Green, North, Texas grad had a pick six in the preseason that pretty much stamped his place on the roster. And then Josh Butler, it's the second season he's been on the practice squad. He's a Mesquite native, so he's a local guy. Went to Michigan State and played the USFL and just got a random try out last training camp and made the team, and he's stuck around. He hasn't had an opportunity in an NFL game just yet, but it could be an opportunity for either of those guys to get elevated.
Speaker 7: Then you look at uh Andrew Booth.
Speaker 8: If if Trayvon Digs does not start, then it's probably a situation where Booth does start in his place, and that would that would certainly be an experience. And a Manti Orra Warrior landed on the i R this week, so you can't use him pally with a back injury.
Speaker 7: I think Carson has to go. It's it's time for him to go.
Speaker 6: It's even with it, Uh, whatever is whatever is the condition of the shoulder.
Speaker 8: Right it doesn't sound like Bland is gonna play, so it has to be Kayln Carson stepping in and starting for Bland.
Speaker 9: He's been full all week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, has been full a week. That is that is a good sign.
Speaker 8: I I wonder though, And I was starting to kind of toy with this idea before I walked into the show. If Bland and Diggs both do not play, do they maybe move around Lewis?
Speaker 7: And do they That's what.
Speaker 3: I was taking things. There has he done?
Speaker 2: He played on the outside of his career.
Speaker 4: Here he There's been times where he is lined up there. But it's not something I'll say this though. If you look at metrics, you're one of the best nick teams in the league when it comes to that position because of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Seriously, you look at the you might be tread and water and drowning in a lot of other places. Your nickel is actually a plus player for your defense. Yeah, man, to me, where as much as these this team plays and attacks out of the middle of the field with the nickel, with the the you know, inside player, I think I leave Lewis where he's at and just and just and you know, maybe you have to get into a situation where you just because they're going to play eleven personnel the whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to play. They're going to play I mean.
Speaker 4: Like like eighteen of their nineteen touchdowns or something like it's some number they have been out of eleven personnel, so you're going to have to match him that way. I think he's going to play in the game a significant role. I would to be myself. I put Israel mcwamo out there at one of the cornerback spots. I know I talked about using him potentially to take pits in this game, but now if Diggs doesn't go or he's compromised and you know, got Carson, I would consider putting a healthy mcwamba out there. This is a team that has Moody can run. Everybody else is kind of pretty standard. It's not anything that you would worry. I mean, Moody's got that quickness and the burst and stuff like that, so you know, you could that that could be a problem. But maybe with some of the other combinations of their receivers, you're not so much worried about their speed where you could put a guy like mcwammew on and and go that route.
Speaker 7: I don't hate the mccuamu matchup on Drake London.
Speaker 8: No, Yeah, if Trayvon can't go, I mean that could be an opportunity for mcwama to step in and kind of be that bigger outside corner to take take care of Drake London.
Speaker 4: I I kind of have an idea what Booth is right now, and so I'm gonna I'm gonna keep you That idea is he needs to play in reserve, you know, And I think Andrew Booth needs to be my case of emergency break glass guy.
Speaker 3: Well but almost there, that's I'm saying. I think c J.
Speaker 4: Goodwin is the really break the glass and if you had to, he's a.
Speaker 7: Special break down the building and saving the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I would, I would say I would keep.
Speaker 3: I would go with if you can use Carson.
Speaker 4: If you can use uh mcuamu uh you know, And like I say, Lewis, you know, that's that's kind of where we're going to be at right now.
Speaker 10: What a bad year for this defense. Like it's just one hit after the other.
Speaker 2: It's it's stuff you can't control.
Speaker 6: I mean, it literally is just like injuries are non control, which you got to deal with them right and and that just makes it really tough. I feel for a guy like Zimmer who probably came in thinking he was gonna have some pieces he's working with a lot of guys that he didn't think he'd be working with.
Speaker 8: So the only consistent, healthy guy that I can think of on that defense. Yeah, Yeah, she's learned.
Speaker 7: She's learned from me.
Speaker 3: She's learned from me.
Speaker 12: Never, its like you don't even have to say you know what, Okay, it's all on you, buddy, on you, if something, if something happened in the breast box, the whole everybody's gonna meet.
Speaker 3: In an accident.
Speaker 7: Nick, maybe some Spanish words.
Speaker 2: No, no doubt about.
Speaker 9: One thing I've learned.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 9: You don't say those things.
Speaker 7: How loud, very true.
Speaker 3: There you go. I appreciate you, okay, real quick.
Speaker 4: Its just and I know that we talked about with Hall and know about about Butler. If you just from for just from training camp, which one would you feel more comfortable with.
Speaker 8: I think both have their lumps, but both have their wins as well. I think you're looking for somebody to create turnovers, you look at Keimon Hall if you're looking for a guy that can step up and play the run a little bit better, Josh Butler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think both of these guys are pretty similar.
Speaker 8: I only say keem On Hall turnover worthy just because he picked off Dak a couple of times. Yeah, and then he had to pick six in the preseason game so he can get after the ball.
Speaker 7: He's ballhawk in that sense.
Speaker 4: Cheron manager was screaming for some turnovers this morning exactly.
Speaker 7: That was the same.
Speaker 8: It was the same way whenever he was in college at North Texas. I think back to that Arkansas game whenever he had a pick six against John Stephen Jones, which is which is funny.
Speaker 7: To look back on.
Speaker 8: But I think if you're looking for turnovers, maybe it's a guy that keme on Hall.
Speaker 4: Paul I kind of agree with that too, you know, I think I think both of them are good practice squad players. But you're to the point now where maybe you're gonna need somebody to show up in a.
Speaker 3: Cape, you know, and and and one of those guys might have to show up in a cape.
Speaker 8: However, Comma, I think if this reserve corner that does get elevated has to play significant amount of special teams, then it is Josh Butler. It's it's just there's all a lot of confidence in Josh Butler from a special team's perspective.
Speaker 2: Here you go it's gonna be an interesting one.
Speaker 6: We'll see what happens with this injury to Trayvon Diggs and maybe he can't play through it. That I assume that's probably the hope is that you can at least put him out there, get Kaylen Carson back and now you work with something. But it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. We'll be we'll take our first break and come back. We'll spend a little time with Yetti and Amber Garcia has some ideas for us, and we'll come back. This is Dallas Cowboys Dot Kyrie Hill.
Speaker 13: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savanna. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 14: G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five g for you forty deals.
Speaker 15: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 15: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 16: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas. Take five oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car.
Speaker 13: You can take advantage of take.
Speaker 16: Fives, stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area, and remember at take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five, the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 17: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official Cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the break.
Speaker 10: At and t connecting changes everything.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to second segment of the break life in SWBC Mortgage Studios. At the start of the segment brought to you by Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, it is YETI time with Amber Garcia. Amber, what do you.
Speaker 9: Have for all right?
Speaker 10: This segment is presented by Yetti Officially licensed Yetti Cowboy gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 10: And then today we're just gonna kind of continue what we did last week.
Speaker 4: Gonna get me one of those Yetti cups when they put beverage in it, you can get an adult beverage with the Yetti cup.
Speaker 3: Play like we keep playing at home.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have a couple of them post show.
Speaker 6: Oh, I definitely want to listen to that Brian, Brian having a drink talking about the postgame on postgame show.
Speaker 2: That should be interesting, interesting listen fun times.
Speaker 10: All right, So last week we did where I mentioned some emotions and then you guys brought back a memory in your time here with the Cowboys of something that reminded you of that emotion today, we're going to continue that game to end it because we didn't get through all the words. So the first one would be jealousy. What's one moment that you felt some kind of envy, resentment, jealousy.
Speaker 4: I felt so much jealousy working with David Hellman because everybody loves him.
Speaker 7: Everybody loves you.
Speaker 3: No, are you kidding me? Shut up over there. I was always jealous of Dave.
Speaker 4: Like we go on road trips, tiny Jim, they.
Speaker 2: Always yell and you gave him the name.
Speaker 3: Because his first time you ever yeah, by jealous of you.
Speaker 10: They always yell it no, no, no you in those instances saying like what about me, I'm here too.
Speaker 3: When I would walk with Dave.
Speaker 4: And it's like right by him and no one would ever say a word, And I was always like.
Speaker 3: Gosh, they loved it, helm and I'm jealous of this tiny gym. They love you, And.
Speaker 4: He's like, oh man, they don't know, they don't they don't know. I don't know, but yeah, I was always no but I missed ay. But I was always jealous of him, Like the people do they just love him? I mean they love him, And then me, I'm like I brought us. You're a bum, you can't, you know, miss players.
Speaker 9: So people love you too.
Speaker 3: I know we'll see.
Speaker 8: I would have to say super Bowl Week last year, watching everybody seeing and experiencing that whole week. Also Beat reporters that get to go on these europe Games, Yeah, some like every year.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, man, tell you what the scout take you, He'll take you.
Speaker 6: We've had a good time when we've done it. We've only done it once.
Speaker 3: Let us do it again.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun and we did we kicked it.
Speaker 3: It was fun, it was we were a mess.
Speaker 8: New Mexico City. And the next year or two that would be That would be awesome. I would love that. But these Europe Games, I definitely feel a little jealousy whenever those Beat reporters are out there trying to food and having fun.
Speaker 6: No doubt, I would say for me, it's it's really turned into an annual thing. When I go to the league meetings and I run into my colleagues who typically have a fresh ring, and uh, they're kind of showing it off, and I'm just like, one of these days, it's gonna be my turn. One of these days gonna be my turn and just hadn't gotten there yet. But I'll hold the faith and at some point it will be my turn and I'll get to go in there, and boy, I'm gonnat it up.
Speaker 7: Make sure everybody wear it every day.
Speaker 2: I'll make sure everybody rings now that you wear it. It's a wedding ring.
Speaker 6: And this is like just to kind of check my stress. So that's not really fun. I want to I want a ring, So we'll see, and.
Speaker 7: Then the super Bowl ring will be a culmination of your stress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right right, that's.
Speaker 9: A good one, all right.
Speaker 10: A moment of guilt, something that made you feel remotes, regret, shame, maybe.
Speaker 9: Guilty, you know.
Speaker 2: What out there out there.
Speaker 6: And we talked about the whole domain thing last week, but there was another moment that happened speaking of international games.
Speaker 2: This was back the year we went to London fourteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we we had talked to the NFL. The NFL has these every team that was back when were kind of getting started with all the international games, and every team that would go, they would have a hashtag that they would use for that week's content, just promote. So you know, you have Jaguars UK, you have you know, whatever team, and so they were like, that's what everybody else uses, So why don't you guys just use Cowboys UK. Right, great, We'll use Cowboys UK. So so that's gonna be our hashtag. So we start putting out our content the morning that we're leaving, and we got this content role and we got this hashtag rolling back then, everything on Twitter had a hashtag. That was just the way it was back then, and so we started doing that. We get on the plane, it's a long flight. We land in London, we go through security and then we're on the bus. We get to our hotel and my phone starts blowing up and it's like just call after call after call. People just call and texting, and I'm like, what the heck is going on? Find out that there's somebody that is because some fan, non fan, someone went out and basically was like Cowboys UK No, Cowboys suck. And so it became a thing. Cowboys are using a hashtag Cowboys suck.
Speaker 2: To promote their UK game.
Speaker 6: Now this got so big to where it was on the late night shows. I want to say it was Jimmy Kimmel is now in his stand up in his monologue it's like, do you know what the Cowboys did? And it's they're just going in now. By the way, every other team is using this hashtag. Every other team that's going to to London is using this hashtag.
Speaker 7: So they didn't do what war, but nobody care cared about Nobody cared.
Speaker 6: It was the Cowboys and it was embarrassing and it was it was shameful, but at the same time, it kind of reiterated to us like we're just different than everybody else. If somebody else does it, no one cares. If we do it, it's gonna be news. And I remember at the time Shannon Gross, you know, and I was just like, man, this is this is one that we just didn't see coming. But it turned into all.
Speaker 9: The spelling doesn't help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah when you just start out, so when you spell it out, you could see it, yeah, and you're and you're sitting there and then now you're like, okay, now I get it.
Speaker 6: But but that's the thing like every and by the way, the next week, I think it was the Falcons. There was another team that came to London the next week.
Speaker 2: They used the.
Speaker 6: Same hashhack the next week and nobody said a word.
Speaker 2: Nobody said anything. It was it was just it was ridiculous.
Speaker 6: But that was probably one of those moments I was most shamed and embarrassed.
Speaker 2: It was like, we can't win on that.
Speaker 8: We should just do a story every Friday of a fire that Derek has had to put out.
Speaker 7: That's funny.
Speaker 9: I never heard that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many.
Speaker 9: I was good.
Speaker 7: I don't think I have one. I was thinking, but then I got lost in Derek story. You got one one, Brian.
Speaker 4: I'm always like, I take such pride in the draft show. So when you talk about players and you just kind of jump up on and you're and then when the player doesn't work out, you feel so ashamed. You feel like, man, I I really I really believe this. I really you know, you just the passion for it. But then when it doesn't work, you're like you're embarrassed. You're like, man, did I Why did I do that? I let I let these people down. I'm I feel bad about it. It's just more about that than you know, how can I sit here for three weeks and talk, yeah, they need this guy, this guy, this guy, and then and it doesn't work out. Then you're like you feel like you just let everybody down. You know, you're just embarrassed your you're you're shamed because people will remind you of that. They'll remind me, well you like that, and you're like, you know, you're right. I'm still this day, I'm wearing that. You know, you feel ashamed and embarrassed.
Speaker 6: I got a question for you, Brian, if you had to go back and think back as your your entire career as a scout, as a personnel guy, what was your greatest win as far as the player that you selected, and what was the one that you're like, oh my gosh, that was the worst.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 4: I was like when I was here, I was involved in pro personnel. So my best win was Leroy Glover.
Speaker 3: That guy was yeah.
Speaker 4: And then and that was that was the one where Jerry asked me. He goes, hey, we're about to hand this guy five million dollars.
Speaker 3: You really think he could play?
Speaker 4: You couldn't have driven a nail up my rear. I mean that was that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: You get the idea we got we got yeah, so.
Speaker 9: Thank you for but I mean.
Speaker 4: Seriously, I literally when he asked me, it took every bit of courage that I had to say, yes, sir, this guy is going to be a great player for us. In my heart was just you know, because man, five million dollars at that time is a lot of money, you know, and and for defensive tack. Yeah, we're making we're making you know, we're making these these these decisions and stuff like that. And the one I wish I would have had to ask it was Charles Woodson because Bill Parcells got super mad at me about that one.
Speaker 3: But we didn't get I I mean, I gave.
Speaker 4: One of my all time great you know, Charles Woodson could still play. He ended up going to Green Bay and then be an MVP defensive MVP and all that that would have been that that could have capped a career right there. That could have like, hey, brought Charles Woodson here. He might he might have been a great player, might not. But anyway, but yeah, that that one was the one about trying to think about the missus because I wasn't involved in I'd never had an opinion in scouting. When it came to the college players got.
Speaker 3: It because you know, they just got you were run one draft. I did, run I did.
Speaker 4: And and that was the nineteen ninety eight and we had unfortunately for that draft, four of the eight players we selected made the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I had Sal Palatonio from ESPN call me a liar to my face, like when I did this pre draft press conference, you know, like Jerry and Steven and all. So I do this and I'm trying to tell you know, like, hey, we're looking at this angle to say. And I was done and they it was kind of a walk off situation. Salth Palatonio walked up to me because you're a liar. Why do you lie to everybody?
Speaker 3: I'm like, what do you mean? What do you mean lie?
Speaker 4: And I literally walked through matter of fact, WP. There was a there was a time on WP, the radio station there. They have an overnight show and this is before Twitter and media, you know, all this stuff. And it was a guy named Gary Cobb. And I'm sitting at the vet in Philly and like Gary Cobb, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: To his show.
Speaker 4: It's two in the morning, right, I'm sitting there and Gary's like, I wonder what this Brian brought.
Speaker 3: This guy is gonna do. I called his show and I said, he goes, man, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Like, I'm gonna take Trey Thomas in the first round tackle from Florida State, and he's like really, I'm like yeah, he goes Randy Moss. I'm like, yeah, we kind of got some things about Randy and all that. But if you were listening to w I P at two in the morning, you know, you would have known who the Philadelphiagles were going to take the very next day. And this is before Twitter when everybody's like, you know when Nick Nix sweet now Brian brought us on w I P.
Speaker 6: Because he literally is listening to w I P at I was listening to.
Speaker 3: This day to this day.
Speaker 4: Like Gary Cobb, if I ever see him or you know, run into him, He's like, man, he goes you you and I'm like, I told you you wanted to know what I was doing. I told you what I was doing. So that was kind of fun. Yeah about that.
Speaker 3: Let's go on, Sorry about that.
Speaker 10: You're a filmbuster for you there, all right? Nick, I'll go with you for this one. A moment of pride where you felt something and I can tell you which one where you first satisfaction like fulfilledment.
Speaker 7: Are looking at the roster and what you're thinking.
Speaker 10: We have pictures back at training camp. You're sitting there listening to Hunter Lifkey, You're just your face just is the.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 8: That was that is that has been my my pet cat since I've arrived. Like when he got signed as an undrafted free agent, within like twenty minutes, I was like.
Speaker 7: That's the guy, Like he's he's gonna be legit. So, yeah, that's a moment of pride. I guess you could. I guess you could say that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got one.
Speaker 6: My moment of pride, And this is is about somebody on this show. Was the first time she's one very she's one a lot of them, but the first time Garcia, the first time Garcia one an Emmy as an analyst, I was I couldn't have had a prouder moment, just because I knew how much she had worked to get to that point.
Speaker 2: You remember when we first got out and talk. She was not she was not a.
Speaker 3: Football person, know a lot about football at all.
Speaker 6: But but the fact the matter is she really worked at it, and really worked at it, and her knowledge of the game grew, her ability to be able communicate it grew, and then she won a freaking Emmy. I was just like, man, there's not a better story out there of my entire time working with the Cowboy. That's one of the proudest moments I had because I was just like, that's a dedication to somebody that's smart and created.
Speaker 4: Right. Because now at the time, because I remember, I remember when we you and I first started working together at Valley Ranch and trying to explain stuff, and you asked a million questions and I'm thinking, Okay, she.
Speaker 3: Wants to learn.
Speaker 4: But then it got to the point, by the time I was starting to leave to go to one O five three, you were doing tellustrations by yourself. You went from being like asking a million questions to like why why would they would do that?
Speaker 3: Why would and.
Speaker 4: Then actually standing there in Spanish and just tellustrating a play, just knowing it, seeing it. You're like, hey, what do you think I see this? I'm like, you got it, go do it? And you did it. Was that was because you went from my Deri's wright. I remember first talking to you at Valley Ranch. I'm like, man, this young lady does not know.
Speaker 3: She does she knows no football.
Speaker 2: And she told me that she told.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I was like, I just need someone that can basically take what we're doing in English and get it to Spanish.
Speaker 2: Right, So I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: It's okay if you don't know, you'll learn over time, and and sure enough she came in and far exceeded whatever expectations.
Speaker 7: So I appreciate you.
Speaker 8: I'll sneak in one more moment of probably because it involves something we worked on together, was a Marion Barber documentary last year. I that was probably the most pride I've taken in anything that I've worked on. That was I wanted went a great job because it just popped into my brain.
Speaker 4: I was like, that is for sure the final thing. If I could throw in, I'm proud of the draft show. Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm proud of how it's it's shout out to a carried all these years from a tiny little booth at Valley Ranch to now this studio.
Speaker 9: Everybody listens to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. So a lot of pride for that.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 10: All right, well, I was not expecting all that for that.
Speaker 9: Thank you, guys. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: That's a good that's a good game. All right, let's take our final break. We will come back. I got a few questions for you guys before we end the show. We'll be back Dallascowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 18: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an lg O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines, that's how clear it is. It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 7: No one comes close.
Speaker 18: LGO led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. Say for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 5: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and.
Speaker 7: Off the field.
Speaker 5: Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 19: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing, and we're going to overtime.
Speaker 2: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 20: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com com slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses to me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored Qualit Assurance message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 13: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 3: Back to the break.
Speaker 10: LG oled evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital trends the LG oled G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com Slash Oledebo.
Speaker 6: Welcome back final segment of the Break Life from the SWBC Mortgage studios at the Star. I got a few questions for you guys about the Cowboys versus Falcons matchup.
Speaker 2: Let's run through these. First one.
Speaker 6: Dallas has only scored thirty plus points once this year. That was in the opening game against the Cleveland Browns. They won thirty three to seventeen. If Dak is protected this week, because as we've talked about, this is a defense that doesn't typically get a lot of pressure. Does Dallas score more than thirty.
Speaker 3: It's going to take that.
Speaker 4: And I think, especially now with the way the injuries and stuff are coming down, you know if depending on what's going to happen with your secondary, I think that to win this game, you're gonna have to score over thirty points. And there's, yeah, there's a possibility of doing that. Like say, they don't get a lot of don't they don't get a lot of pressure, and they play a lot of off coverage, and there's some things you can take advantage of. But man, you just don't want them to have a get right game. You know, all of a sudden their defense kind of Oh, all of a sudden, we're getting pressure now and oh, we're covering your guys where everybody else is moving the ball on them and that kind of thing. But they're going to have to score thirty to win this game, I believe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I believe so as well. I believe so as well.
Speaker 8: You got to get you got to be able to protect Dak too, And the connection that we've seen with Dak and CD, it's really starting to hit a rhythm. And honestly, it's on pace with where they were at at this point in the season last year. I think he's only about sixteen yards CD only about sixteen yards behind what he was at this point in the season last year.
Speaker 7: So they just got to keep that going.
Speaker 8: I think a one and twenty yard day from CD gives these gives this offense a lot better of a chance to win.
Speaker 9: But they weren't this bad at this point last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the team wasn't this bad. Yeah CD, you.
Speaker 10: Know, yeah, no, absolutely absolutely, But just like overall, and like even offensively, it's just so many other issues that.
Speaker 9: I just don't know what it is.
Speaker 10: But yes, I think it's it's gonna come down to which offense can score the most points. And I don't mean to give my prediction now, but the Falcons offense, I feel like the way I see it, they can potentially be a lot faster and quicker and like get way ahead in the game of the scoring game, and you're just maybe a little too late to catch up. I don't know, but absolutely it's gonna come down to them scoring more than thirty points.
Speaker 2: I think it's all about protection.
Speaker 6: I've been saying that for a couple weeks now, and I think if you get the protection right, I think a lot of other things in this offense works, and they're gonna need that this week, as you guys all mentioned. All right, let's let's move on to the next question. Dallas averages two point nine seconds in time to pressure. That means from from snap to the time they get scare. That's the second longest time to pressure in the NFL. So they're not getting pressure as quickly as most teams. Is that acceptable though, if it gives them a better chance to be decent against the run, specifically this week when they're facing those running.
Speaker 7: Backs run that back.
Speaker 6: So you mentioned it last week, you were like, you know, I'm a lot less concerned about getting pressure than I am playing the lanes and stopping the run. So despite this stat that says they're not getting pressure and certainly not getting pressure quickly, are you okay with that? Is that acceptable? If as a result of that they're playing better rush defense.
Speaker 8: I still want to get after Cousins in this game. With what his stats look like whenever he's facing pressure compared to when he's not facing pressure, it's a clear discrepancy. I'd want to dedicate a little bit more resources towards getting after the quarterback in this one.
Speaker 3: Not satisfactory, Yeah, you'd be.
Speaker 6: You'd be comfortable in this game, not to put words in your mouth with giving up maybe the possibility of getting gassed a few times in the run.
Speaker 3: Game shat if you can get Seattle, game Seattle.
Speaker 4: If Jon Robinson did have one of his better games and they said, okay, fine, run the ball, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't kill him in the game all of a sudden, and it's like, but what do they do?
Speaker 4: They got after Cousins and they were able to make some things happen that way, and so give me this week. Last week I wanted to defend the run. This week, I need to get pressure. So it's not satisfactory if you're slow getting there.
Speaker 10: I agree, and I think if you're looking to start generating and creating some of those turnovers, this is the time to do it. When you do create some pressure there and making I mean, that's the most likely wait for Cousins to kind of throw those passes and then create a possibility possibility for these defenders to get their hands on that ball.
Speaker 6: All right, here's the last question I have for you guys. Which Dallas defender if you had to pick just one, if they played better than they've played to this point, it would have the greatest impact on this defense.
Speaker 7: I would say Mozzie Smith.
Speaker 8: I think if Mazzie Smith can be active in the run game like he was against the Giants, and maybe even find a little pass rush and get out of the quarterback a little bit, that would be huge for that defense. I kind of stand on the table as saying that if they had a one tech that was consistent, it would solve a lot of problems for this defense.
Speaker 7: It would kind of be a trickle down effect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Malik Hooker.
Speaker 4: If I could pick one guy that really has kind of had a little bit of some problems you've got to defend the middle of the field. These guys are gonna run. They're gonna try and run routes. It's not so much about all the crossing routes, but it's the seams and stuff that they throw down the middle of the field. You know, you might be in a situation too where you're gonna have to play some the heavy box stuff that we talked about having an extra guy down. That's gonna put Malik Hooker in a lot of situations playing in the middle of the field if he could be you know, he's dropped a couple of interceptions along the way, and that's the thing with cousins will do. Cousins will overthrow a ball too, and if he gets on pressure, you know, you can't drop balls. But I think Malik Hooker needs to be really, really good in this game.
Speaker 9: If he can, I'm gonna go with over Sean.
Speaker 10: I think with him, And I don't know if the Cows are gonna are planning on utilizing him this way this weekend, but we've talked about it on the show. He's one of the guys that you can utilize to create some pressure.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 10: So if he plays a really good game where he's been just fast, very quick on the footwork and the tackling. We know that's an area that the Cowboys having been great at and I think he can just play really really well and hopefully create some pressure somehow. I would point him as the guy that I would want him to be.
Speaker 3: Maybe need to be a little orthodox on defense today. You know, maybe it's gonna.
Speaker 4: It's there's some things you're probably like you say, Ambart, You're gonna have to take some chances here.
Speaker 3: You know the knicks right too.
Speaker 4: The pressure is so his stats first pressure and non pressure are tremendous and if you just allow him to feel comfortable. We've seen kirk Cousins throw for four hundred yards in the game when he was with the Commanders and the you know, the Vikings. You did a really good job of pressuring him. But this this game, you got to get pressure on him because it is it is clearly different the way he plays.
Speaker 8: I know O through these stats out earlier in the week, but I'll throw them out again when Kirk Cousins is not facing pressure. Fourteen hundred yards, twelve touchdowns, one interception, one hundred and eleven point seven pass rating when he is facing pressure. Seven hundred and seven yards, two touchdowns, six interceptions, sixty eight point five pass rating. So very very clear discrepancy there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to our picks. Let's go round the table.
Speaker 6: Tell me what you think is going to happen this week, and I'll start with you.
Speaker 8: I was wrong against the when I when I predicted that the game against the Lions was going to be a shootout, it was, you know, it hit the over.
Speaker 7: But I think this is truly.
Speaker 3: One team was shooting h exactly, didn't over.
Speaker 7: That was right.
Speaker 8: But I truly think this is going to be a type of game where the last team that has has the ball wins. I think the offense is really going to find some strides this week. I think the Falcons are going to win though, and so I'm taking the Falcons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Falcon's gonna win this one. It's gonna be thirty four to twenty eight.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Derek, but I have to say it.
Speaker 10: I have to say it. I think this is a week. Yes, I agree with Nick. The offense. They'll play a better game this week, and I think they'll get the change going and they'll be able to score at least two touchdowns at the very least. But the Falcons offense is just going to do more than yours, So I pick the Falcons.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, I would.
Speaker 6: Say, I just got to keep believing, man, I gotta keep believing.
Speaker 2: Look, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: This is not something that we've seen really with Mike, that they lose three games in a row.
Speaker 2: That's that's not something we've seen.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of things we haven't seen. I know we haven't seen defense.
Speaker 2: We certainly haven't.
Speaker 7: I don't feel it's good about my pick this week, as I haven't recently say.
Speaker 2: That I do.
Speaker 6: I do think, but also the difference is those last two teams you played are much better teams than my opinion than Atlanta is.
Speaker 2: I think there's an opportunity this weekend. It's just a matter of and a lot of this.
Speaker 6: I might change my opinion if if Trayvon doesn't play. If Trayvon plays, then I think Dallas has an opportunity here, and I think I think it'd be a high scoring game, by the way, but I think but.
Speaker 10: Either way that would be him playing banged up anyways, But.
Speaker 6: Him playing banged up is still better than throwing booth out there, throwing whoever.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have the experience. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to kill those guys. I'm just saying they just don't have the experience and going up and going.
Speaker 9: Up teammates like this, I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: They don't have the experience.
Speaker 6: And and then so I just that that's gonna be a very difficult task against an offense like this that loves to throw the ball, especially if Dallas can get any pressure, that's gonna be I mean, good night.
Speaker 2: But but I.
Speaker 6: Think if Trayvon can play, I think they got a shot. And I think it's a high scoring game. Thirty eight thirty four is what I would say as a final score. All Right, appreciate you guys doing us. We'll be back on Monday. Will tell you what went right and wrong.
Speaker 2: Till then. From the Harris Brian brought a Sambergarci. I'm Derek Yield and this has been the.
Speaker 6: Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.