Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Petty and he arms wrong.
Speaker 1: To live What Why from Studio c Sea's in your a dimly lit room deepen from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getting communications compound fortified by titanium walls.
Speaker 2: And today we are toiling under.
Speaker 1: The title of the show the Straits of Horror Moves. Okay, was answering your friend's question about these traits, The Strait of Horror moves. Apple whose AI is an embarrassment wrote it as the Straits of Horror Moves not bad today, That's only one of the most discussed things in the news today. And then it had the wrong form of root when I said shipping route, but keep working on a coopertino the other alternate title to win or not to win?
Speaker 2: That is the question. We were making that point yesterday about AI.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I gotta believe if AI is going to take all our jobs, you'd be able to make texting. Figure out that if you're talking about shipping routes, you wouldn't use root. I mean, that's like something a second grader could figure out. So why can't AI do that? I really don't does it if everybody, like many of our smart Silicon Valley listeners, know, if there's any relationship between those things, Maybe there's not. Maybe they just don't care about the fixing that while they're working on coding or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so mystified and flabbergasted by the whole thing. I can't even imagine anyway, but to the things you were talking about there. So it was a heck of a thing middle of the day yesterday West Coast time, because I followed the Open Source Intelligence thing on Twitter on a fairly regular basis, and they had a bulletin report Iran attempting to mine the Straits of Horror Moves and that was a giant headline. I mean, holy crap, you know, because we've been talking for days about keeping that open, and then the French had announced that they were willing to send some of their ships there to escort oil tankers through there, and blah blah blah blah blah. So that Iran's going to mine the thing. Then, like fifteen minutes later, the open source intelligence headline was, never mind, the US military has bombed sixteen of those mining ships and they're sunk. Allue them to the pleasant coastal town of Smith. Areens that didn't last long, meaning things that didn't last long. You follow the whole Secretary of Energy tweet thing, the tweet that cost hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second n who I think is doing a terrific job, tweeted that the picture of a warship next to a tanker, the US is escorting tankers through the straits of hor moves, and oil markets plunged because the futures market, it's really a cool thing in the free market. To talk about it later. But anyway, so everybody thought, oh, thank god, all right, the traits of horror moves are cool. Now we're gonna be able to ship oil just fine, all right, thank god for the US blah blah blah. And then like a few minutes later, Katie, I know, you know this story was five to ten minutes later. It was probably five minutes. Yeah, it all of a sudden, it was taken down, and the oil markets are like, uh, why.
Speaker 2: Did you take that down? Really?
Speaker 1: And the price is shot back up again, and companies that had lost and bought a bunch of oil at that price, and then that price and hundreds of millions of dollars traded hands, and the Energy Department said, eh, a staffer miscaptioned photograph.
Speaker 2: But we've correct. Wow. So that sort of thing has happened a number of times.
Speaker 1: And I don't have the slightest reason to believe that there's any malfeasance here other than maybe shouldn't have posted a picture. But how easy would it be to make millions of dollars by jerking around the stock market like that on purpose?
Speaker 2: If you knew you were going to do it? Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I hadn't even thought in terms of malfeasans, But my god, that would be an easy way to make just so.
Speaker 2: Easy gobs of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enough that you never have to worry about making money ever again in your life. You could make in like five and the money I'm looking for you can make in like five minutes with that sort of a tweet.
Speaker 2: The big score.
Speaker 1: So they didn't get to lay their minds across the strait of Horror Moves, which at its narrowest point is only twenty miles from Iran. But Iran did hit three ships this morning, Yeah, trying to sail through the straight to Horror Moves, and attacked Dubai International Airport, which we've all learned in the last couple of weeks is the busiest airport in the world.
Speaker 2: Did not know that, Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So I happen to be reading about the Straits, the Strait of Horror Moves today, and indeed, as Jack indicated, it's just under twenty one miles wide at its narrowest point. But interestingly, because of the seafloor and shipping roots and blah blah blah, you've got to pass within ten miles of Iran's coast as you squeeze by, So it is it's an easy shot.
Speaker 2: Well, and.
Speaker 1: So I don't know anything about this. Maybe we should have Mike Lines on about this or something like that. I would love to understand, first of all, like we've hit I hear different numbers now eight ten thousand targets between US and Israel.
Speaker 2: What are all those targets?
Speaker 1: I mean, how are there even ten thousand targets to hit. That's kind of surprising to me as a layman. I can't imagine there are ten thousand things to hit. I realized it's a big country, but ten thousand is all large number. And then with the fact that we've hit ten thousand targets, how are they not all the stuff that would fire rockets into the straight of horror moves? Haven't we How have we not obliterated every bit of that Since they have no air defenses, there must be as they got a missile launcher hidden under every camel. I've got to assume there must be a reason. Obviously, I'm not trying to claim any incombitants or anything, but it's just surprising to me if we've hit that many targets with that being such a high priority obviously for the President of the United States, so the entire world, the entire well, yeah, but the President the United States kind of calm the shots on this whole day. Uh, since that's such a high priority, I'm surprised we haven't just like obliterated everything They've got to try to shoot at the straight or her moves on the other side of the equation. The weird beards, they understand that those missile launchers are their leverage, and so they have worked very very hard to disperse them and hide them, et cetera.
Speaker 2: The weird beards.
Speaker 1: Yes, with all due respect, I wonder because that one of our alternate titles was to win or not to win?
Speaker 2: That is the question. And what would victory look like? What are the.
Speaker 1: Various levels of quote unquote victory that would be acceptable to the Orange one. And it's a really interesting question, which we'll be digging into in a little bit. But I find myself wondering whether since the IRGC, the Revolutionary Guard, they appear to be really pulling the strings at this point, and they are pretty potent force still, you know, fewer and fewer large arms, but hundreds of thousands of guys.
Speaker 2: With small and medium arms.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we are pummeling their business interests to get them to come to the table in a serious way, because you remember, you must remember they're a they're an army and a syndicate and a corporation. As far as the coverage of this, I got a clipper going to play. Later, Mark Alprin was doing his newscast in the afternoon and talking about how for the media he is troubled that you've either got on Fox and Fox adjacent sort of media unquestioning support of this, Like there's no skepticism about you know, how's this going to end?
Speaker 2: Or what about this?
Speaker 1: None of that, Whereas he said, on all the other channels, they don't seem to be rooting for our side. Yeah, and he's really troubled by one hand, no skepticism. On the other hand, they're not even rooting for our country.
Speaker 2: Wow. So that's not the best place to be in terms of media coverage. That's very troubling.
Speaker 1: If you would like something in the middle, well, A, you found it, and B perhaps you could recommend the Armstrong and Getty Show to your friends. They can grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand anytime they want. I take in a lot of all kinds of different kinds of media, and there is a big thread smell of not rooting for success on our side, because you know that would hand Donald Trump will win. I guess, I guess, yeah, it's Trump arrangement syndrome. But you've also got to remind yourself that we've got a handful of generations of Americans who've been taught to despise their country, that the US has been a force for evil in the world, that uniquely on Earth we had slaves for a while, a little while historically speaking, and that we're an oppressor, a colonial oppressor, and so when they see US lobbing bombs, of course they think it's evil. It's the greatest failing of the Boomers and Gen X to let the Marxists take over schools. I firmly believe that, oh, in spending the country into oblivion, those two things. Other than that, we've done great though. So I'm reading this tweet from Brit Hume and then we'll start the show officially. Brit Hume senior analyst for Fox News and a very very straight shooter. So it seems that not only is the strait of horror moves not closed, it is actually accommodating more Iranian oil exports than before the war. If you're not sure what to believe, you're not alone to read into that story.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 1: I'm making marine face exports of oil than before the war. How are they pulling that off?
Speaker 2: What the hell? I I don't have to look into that.
Speaker 1: You can blow the beard off a mulla, but we can't. You know, take out an Iranian oil tanker. What the hell are very Beard focused today?
Speaker 2: And the shorthand I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday, March eleventh.
Speaker 1: Or twenty twenty six, where I'm strung and getting we approved of this program on the old Patriot missile shave. All right, here we go officially according to FCC rules and regulations at mark.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the call with the President, the Russians said that they have not been sharing.
Speaker 2: That's that's what they.
Speaker 3: Said, so, you know, we can take them at their word. But they did say that. And yesterday morning and yesterday morning, independently, Jared and I had a call with Ushakov who reiterated the same So I I, you know, that's a better question for the intel people. But let's hope that they're not sharing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hope that that's mister Wikoff, the lead negotiator on everything and the Trump administration, on the story that Russia is sharing intelligence with Iran to give them targets to try to hit our troops, which obviously would be really, really bad, and Witkoff says, well, I hope they're not. They say they're not I'm going to take them at their word that they're not you're taking Vladimir Putin at his word. Well that's cute. Yeah, I don't know. I think you'd like to have that answer back. But yeah, yeah, you're probably right. I yeah, don't like that story. Any who, Spicy Times got a guy that scored what, eighty three points in the NBA last night. Break down some of the stats that are amazing in that second most in NBA history, Not what was the number of Michael not anybody you've ever heard of?
Speaker 2: Eighty three three.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, not anybody you've ever heard of, which is interesting because the top two record holders were Wilt Chamberlain and Kobe Bryant household names. And then this guy comes along and scores eighty three points in a game. But some of the stats behind it are amazing if you're a sports fan at all.
Speaker 2: And we'll get to that. We got Katie's were green. Hmm, I went.
Speaker 1: Poorly speaking of wanting a second chance, Let's lay down, lay down, some orange cones, some.
Speaker 2: Road flares and everything. Try to reconstruct this sentence. We've got yes, Katie, No, I'm just you can do it.
Speaker 1: Jack, I believe in it, dentures and whatnot. I should have gotten the ones that, so I bought them off the shelf, just like the small medium large instead of get old and fitted. I told you large, either go big or small. But if it goes, if I go to the small ones, I can't eat corn on the cob. If I go with the big ones, I can't eat. I can't talk. So it's problem anyway. We've got Katie Green's headlines coming up next. Oh yeah, another sports story. I don't know if Katie had this headline, but the United States lost to freaking Italy in the World Baseball Classic and we might be out of the tournament. We might be out of the tournament. Everybody who's looking for to US play in Japan for the title and and the and the manager of the team, I forget what his name was, it already anounce yesday. Well, we're basically into the final round already. And then they went down eight nothing to Italy and lost. The sports gods heard them say that. Yeah, you know, I didn't even dial up the game last night because I thought I'm not going to watch the US play Italy. Now they might be out if Mexico doesn't win. Mexico has to win over somebody today by four runs or more, which is a lot in baseball, to pull the United States into the tournament.
Speaker 2: Otherwise he's in Mexico. That's what I say.
Speaker 1: That's lord, I guess the national humiliation and in wartime.
Speaker 2: Michael, Yeah, we didn't have an expresso machine in there. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: They had an express machine in the dugout. Maybe that works delicious. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie Well, of course at the top of the headlines.
Speaker 4: As I ran NBC, inflation was steady in February before I ran, drove up gas prices. ABC, I ran launches quote most strikes yet, ships hit by unknown projectiles in straight of horror moves and CNN fake explosions, fake missiles, fake troops. AI videos and images of Iran war spread widely on social media.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's an interesting angle. I'll bet that's true.
Speaker 1: I've probably watched videos that were AI and I didn't know it was some sort of exciting headlinest I got got what by one the other day?
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the more we've seemed to have forgotten about the New York Times. Ukraine reaches a milestone finally making China free drones.
Speaker 1: What is that kind of free drones? No Chinese parts, no parts of products? Yeah, okay, all right, good good, let's buy some Fox News.
Speaker 4: DHS shutdown forces airports to tell travelers to arrive four hours early amid massive delay.
Speaker 1: What, yeah, I'm driving or walking or riding my bike, riding a horse.
Speaker 2: Like anything but a plane.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the flight has got to be of a certain length before it makes any sense to not drive versus getting there four hours early, unpresumably four hours early on the way back.
Speaker 2: Right ay.
Speaker 4: Investigators are finally looking into Jeffrey Epstein's new Mexico ranch and searching for dead foreign girls.
Speaker 1: Nice, oh boy, it's beautiful ranch. Nice piece of real estate.
Speaker 2: Market batch.
Speaker 4: YouTube is now the world's largest media company, and it's only getting bigger.
Speaker 2: What did we have stat the other day? Something a billion?
Speaker 1: Two billion videos get up a little did per day or something in some crazy number.
Speaker 2: Studdy fines.
Speaker 4: Scientists gave raccoons a puzzle box. They continued to solve it after the food.
Speaker 2: Was gone, just because they enjoyed it. Yeah, well, they enjoy a puzzle. Raccoon's fascinating beast.
Speaker 4: Finally, the Babylon Bee Iran Morn's United states that it has a huge stockpile of supreme leaders.
Speaker 1: You better, you better? Where is he hiding? Where is that guy hiding? How much is he enjoying life right now? Does he feel like he's the supreme Leader and supremely in charge of anything? Well, he can't even pick up a cell phone there Allegedly it should be keeping them away from laptops or anything connected to the internet. Well, he can't really communicate. He like writing notes in passing them around. He's got to be a little twitchy. Hey, Supreme leader, startledly it should be hiding in a brothel or a house, considering his house. Yeah, yeah, he's been wounded in the legs too, apparently recently, the initial strike. Oh really, okay, I'd never heard of that. I wish I must speedy death. Yeah, recovery, no kidding. Yeah, so we've got more news on the way.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stay here, arm strong and getty.
Speaker 5: The way that a man viewsed vegetarianism veganism tofu reflects how they view women. I think that if you can't reduce your meat intake. You are selfish. What do you mean you can't just have a veggie burger once in a while the world is dying rainforcet is being chopped down to make warehouses to kill animals in I had a bacon sandwich this morning, but I still feel so guilty. Meat isn't that good for you? The idea of that really reminds me of toxic masculinity.
Speaker 1: Okay, eating meat is toxic masculinity, according to that person. Immediately we started playing it, I regretted it. I thought, why do we or anybody else do this? I guess you take some obscure TikToker with a hot take platform.
Speaker 2: Them and then complain about it. What's the point of that? Because people enjoy it?
Speaker 1: They do they I want these people to shut up and go away. I don't want them to be like, get more juice. I don't need more juice.
Speaker 2: You're no fun.
Speaker 1: So good for you with your hot take that eating meat is toxic masculinity. See that was twenty seconds, but don't always seemed like a year.
Speaker 2: Because she was so odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine having to have dinner with her. So if twenty seconds seemed like five minutes to me. Then having dinner with her would seem like six years of your life. Oh, I would grab my phone say, oh my god, it's my mom. She's been sick. I'll be right back, and you don't care. I'll probably grab my fork and stab her in the neck. So you're better than ever seene again anything escape.
Speaker 2: We got some.
Speaker 1: News of the day, like we've already made and we'll get into some of that a little bit later on a variety of fronts. But the Forbes Billionaire List came out and it's actually pretty interesting in a number of ways, the big picture being that the list features a record three four and twenty eight billionaires, a thirteen percent increase in one year because of the stock market going up so much, the combined networth of all your richest people. I mean, I'm not working Bernie's side of the street here. I don't think this is a horror or I don't think their money took any from me. So, but it's something a combined networth that jumped by four trillion in one year to twenty trillion dollars. It was a good year for people who were rich and in the stock market definitely. That's astonishing. It is it really is thirteen percent increase in billionaires. Part of it is inflation. Is a billion isn't the same today as it was in twenty twenty. I remember I mentioned yesterday that one hundred dollars barrel oil was seventy nine dollars in twenty twenty. That's only five years and a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shock, So a billion is you know, not close to the same as it was just five years ago.
Speaker 2: Forbes called it.
Speaker 1: Keeping in mind, just to bring this home, because this is one of my top five jehads. When the government overspends, it causes inflation, and that steals your money.
Speaker 2: It steals your savings. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is not to depress you as the world's most depressing radio show. This is just like a wake up call to me or you or anybody else. We all need to remember this. You know, you look at your four to one k or your savings one hundred thousand or five hundred thousand or a million or whatever you got in there ain't the same as it was when you looked at it in twenty twenty. The actual buying power is a lot less. According to your figures. That million dollars is seven hundred and ninety thousand. Really, yeah, just a big deal. Eof all right, I'm not sure I can go on.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to this.
Speaker 1: This is why you dredge up ob notxious vegetarian kick it chicks and yell at him for fun. Forbes not what is the Year of the Billionaire, noting that the planet added more than one billionaire per day over the past twelve months, driven by AI powered stock market boom. So everybody got involved in a look at all the tech people in the top six on the list. At number one, Elon Musk now at eight hundred and thirty nine billion, he is going to become the world Oh my god, he will be the world's first trillionaire. And boy will the Berniees and aocs go crazy when he's got a trillion dollars About how somehow he took that money for you from you. If he didn't have it, you'd have it. I don't understand how you make that wall share the share the wealth? Yeah, so fair share. We all know who Elon is. Larry Page number two at Google, Sergey Brinn of Google number three, So Google's two and three way back at two hundred and fifty seven billion, Jeff Bezos of Amazon to twenty four, Mark Zuckerberg to twenty two, Larry Ellison of Oracle one ninety to your top six are all tech AI related.
Speaker 2: Companies that made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: One interesting note ranks at number six forty five on the list are our current president, worth six point five billion dollars according to Forbes, up twenty seven percent, largely from crypto dealings and his New York civil fraud penalty being thrown out.
Speaker 2: He got a lot of his money back. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the crypto dealings are utterly unholy, I mean, just despicable.
Speaker 2: Frankly is Don Junior on the list? Eric, I don't know, least somewhere on there maybe.
Speaker 1: Notable newcomers to the billionaire list include Beyonce is now a billionaire.
Speaker 2: She and her husband's been for a while. They're a wealthy family. I'll bet little Blue Ivy has some nice toys. Who's her man again?
Speaker 1: Blue Ivy might be seventeen years old by now, Jay Z mister Z beyonce Z.
Speaker 2: That's her last name.
Speaker 1: Beyonce's not on the list. Doctor Dre is on the list. Roger Federer the tennis players on the list. Among the three hundred and ninety first timers. Doctor Dre declared himself hip hop first billionaire back in two fourteen. He's now officially one of only six music artists on the list. Here are your music artists, Beyonce, jay Z husband and wife.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: How did they pull that off? They must be really good business people. Rihanna, who we got to talk about that situation. She nearly got killed the other day. She was home the original reports where she was not home. They were home and in the trailer that this nut job was shooting at.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, in a trailer. What's she doing in a trailer?
Speaker 1: They had an airstream trailer out front, and they must camp or something. I'm assuming or maybe they're, like you, having their kitchen remodeled, so they bought a fancy trailer. I don't know why anyway, Rihanna, Taylor Swift and who else is on the list?
Speaker 2: Bruce Springsteen. Wow.
Speaker 1: Eight of the top ten fortunes in the world are now driven by technology, with Nvidia's The Guy with the Cool Leather Jacket joining the elite ranks as AI infrastructure becomes the world primary engine for new wealth is anything AI, or certainly was over the last couple of years, just reading in the journal about this company founded by an nineteen year old, eighteen year old and seventeen year old something like that. They're a couple of years older now, but just a couple of years older, and they're AI company that does like polling and predictions and stuff like that is now valued at a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: If and they can't even rent a car.
Speaker 1: If all of us could go back like three years and readjust our investments and retirement heavily into AI, it would be a big difference. I didn't rich rich except for what was stolen pin inflation. It was a fat I thought. The whole AI think thought that was a fat. So I was just looking at that article that you sent us, Katie about the AI images of bombings and pictures from the war that are flying around, and it made me think, what's the point of even reading the news, which might be where a lot of people end up in the near future. If there's a decent chance that what I'm looking at is not real pretty soon, it takes all the fun out of it, clearly, And we've just begun the era of I wonder.
Speaker 2: If this is real?
Speaker 1: Right, So I assume that there will be news organizations emerge that we trust that their motto is, look, we got a panel of twelve experts that do everything we can to make sure everything on here is real, and that we gravitate towards them. I assume that's the only thing that possibly could happen, or.
Speaker 2: We all es to.
Speaker 1: But it won't be a panel of experts. It'll be in an algorithm that'll detect AI. Okay, bring I think, but the same effect. Yeah, yeah, but that's almost got to happen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If there is a desire for people to seek out the truth, I'm not sure there is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I only know my own anecdotal life, But I know plenty of people who enjoy seeking out so much stuff that just verifies.
Speaker 2: Your worldview already, don't really care if it's real or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that fringe of the population, whether it's two percent or twenty percent, is going to be unreachable soon. I mean, you can't reason with them, because they'll be able to construct their own universe.
Speaker 2: I mean even more than they do right now.
Speaker 1: Will that crowd vote or is that crowd so cynical That they will not vote depends what stripe of them you're talking about. But interesting question. If they don't vote, then I'm not sure how much it matters. Go ahead and chatter amongst yourselves on Twitter and whatever other social media form you got about your weird conspiracies or views and don't vote, and the rest of us will run the world. I think they probably will vote, but for bizarre and difficult to explain reasons. And you will have a just for instance, a JD. Vance who understands as consultants will tell them, listen, this is a pretty significant block of people in the fourth District of Illinois or whatever.
Speaker 2: All you have to do use the word rude to.
Speaker 1: Bega in one of your speeches, okay, because in their forum that's code for unearthing the anti Jewish or the Jewish cabal that runs the Builderberg group that is in touch with the space aliens.
Speaker 2: So just say rude vega and they'll be like, all right, Wow. Breaking moving news.
Speaker 1: Starbucks founder Howard Schultz is moving out of Seattle and going to Florida. It's amazing how many super blue like Hollywood stars or business leaders are. But when the rubber meets the road of taxes, they leave wherever they're from and go to Texas or Florida or Tennessee or any of those places.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can dig.
Speaker 1: Into this a little bit later, but I was just reading about how Europe's far left is having a moment. They're real lefty political parties are surging, and what they advocate is so pardon me, things stupid, unworkable and indicted and convicted by history over and over again. It's taking that anybody could advocate for it, but it's catching on, especially among somebody, anybody, the young, young voters. One thing, just since you mentioned it, so I saw a headline. I didn't look into the story that around the White House, Trump is starting to say.
Speaker 2: Maybe Rubio's the next guy.
Speaker 1: Not JDS, that's the word, but based on a couple of speeches and some you know, just hanging out with Rubio, maybe he's just super impressed with him. It is both amusing and troubling how much the White House can resemble the Apprentice Show, as he really likes to see people grapple with each other a little bit.
Speaker 2: See it comes out on top. Oh that's interesting, he thinks, Boy.
Speaker 1: If they Rubio says he won't run if JD Vance runs. JD Vance is gonna run. But that would be one of your all time epic battle Zoe, be like Hillary and Brock going at it, where Hillary is the presumed Hill and Brocks and no, no, I think this is my time, old lady. We'll have to see where events leave them in the great foot race for power. Because right now, if the election were held today, Rubio would be the guy. I don't quite understand why Rubio has said out loud he won't run if JD's runs. At the time, he said that jd was extremely popular and he's the sitting veep. It's tough to beat that, especially if he gets the nod from Trump and they're friends allegedly, although as the old saying goes, if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we got mailbag on the way and then we'll get into some more news of the day.
Speaker 2: Stay here, I missed the connection.
Speaker 1: So the reporting is the CEO of Starbucks is leaving his hometown of Seattle because the legislature intle in Washington today. The legislature in Washington today passed a ten percent tax on anything over a million dollars that you make.
Speaker 2: Nine said, that's so. There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think people rich people aren't gonna leave your city or state when you raise your taxes. Billionaire tax billionaire texts you're nuts. Yeah, they'll think, gosh, that's too bad. I like this house and and I'll miss my friends, but I'll fly back and see him goodbye. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, continuing our series on war. This one from Euripides ancient wisdom, and it rhymes ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Speaker 2: There you go. Think about it. Huh, mail bag without a leader not missing their heads? No, literally headless. It's a metaphor, you see.
Speaker 1: You could go with This is the classic Sun Sou quote. The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Speaker 2: That's worth remembered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, indeed, here's your mail bag us no mail bag at armstrong e getty dot com.
Speaker 2: Don wants to know.
Speaker 1: Hey, the new Kamane weird Bear Junior has no interest in becoming a martyr.
Speaker 2: What would he do with seventeen virgins? Right? Because he's impotent? I get it up. Is there a virgin shortage? I thought it was seventy two virgins.
Speaker 1: I like the meme where seventy two virgins are all male video gamers. Anyway, moving along, not that there's anything wrong with video.
Speaker 2: Does inflation play a role in this? That's right?
Speaker 1: Adjusted for inflation, that is thirty five virgins. I guess that would be backward Moving along, Zach who is a man of the military right. I've been looking in on Twitter since the wars started. I see extremist left and right claiming we're fighting for Israel, saying they don't want to send American sons and daughters to die for Israel, et cetera. I must have missed the die for Israel clause in my enlistment contract with the army.
Speaker 2: Oh well.
Speaker 1: Biggest things social media and this conflict have shown me is one there are way more anti Semites than I realized existed. And two, there's a massive disconnect between civilians and the military and veteran community. I know a lot of vet's loving this. GWT what does that stand for?
Speaker 2: GWT?
Speaker 1: That is your girl, I don't know, I'll look it up. I know a lot of g WT vets living this and I have young guys in my unit itching for a Middle East deployment right now. Not young, but so am I What a weird time we live in anyway, cheers boys, mind you Zach, my brother's that way, respect my lad. Global war on terrorism? Ah oh I see I see yeah, Okay. Thanks for the note, Zach, and thanks for everything you do. Let's see Jack and Joe, writes Anita, gaining steam as a frequent correspondent Progressives in the press and the Christian and the Christians who never darkened the door of a church may not care much for religious world views, but the Iranian theocracy is premised on bringing about the return of the Mahdi, that is, their particular brand of Shia Islam.
Speaker 2: This correct. To do so, they must destroy Israel. The whole of the regime has existed to do just that.
Speaker 1: And the deceased Dietola decided to pursue nuclear weapons because, in his words, Israel is a quote one bomb country. It's amazing how many of us refuse to believe people when they say what they are, Just like the thing of Hey, it turns out Stalin and Lenin actually believed it. They were actual communists, and it turns out the Mullahs and Iran they actually believe this. They believe they're going to bring back everything good for the world. That's why they're so into this. American progressives and oddly Donald Trump, I don't think get religious fanaticism.
Speaker 2: Moving along, great note from Jim.
Speaker 1: Jack's comments about adjusting oil prices for inflation are spot on. Even one hundred dollars a barrel, we aren't anywhere near the historic peaks.
Speaker 2: Ee this graph.
Speaker 1: I've attached love the show, have been navid listener for about two years now. My only regret is not listening earlier. Oh Chippi, come on, you're two kinds. But my problem with that is I'm an idiot. Why did it take me to point that out. Why hasn't some news organization said, by the way, one hundred dollars barrel oil is not the magic number it used to be. Blah blah blah blah blah. It's a measure of how horrifyingly terrible our media are. I mean, really terrible. But Jim, helpfully sending along the chart, he indicated its inflation adjusted monthly prices from crude oil nineteen forty six through the present. In June twenty twenty five dollars, and by that measure, the highest ever prices adjusted for inflation were in June of twenty oh eight. Oddly enough, at all eighty six dollars a barre wow during the Great Financial Collapse. That's more significantly higher than December of nineteen seventy nine or the arab oil embargo of the early seventies. And I don't particularly right around the average price really, I don't particularly remember that being the big topic in two thousand and eight. I guess because housing prices and everything else right, right, it's skyrocketed up and then fell very quickly too. It looks by like it in six months on this chart, But yeah, I don't recall it specifically. Much more to come. Hope you can hang around. That's pretty interesting. Yeah, we have a lot of interesting stuff hopefully on the way. If you miss a segment or an hour, or get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty