Speaker 1: All right, News roundup and information overload hour. Here's our toll free number. It's eight hundred and ninety four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Our friend Eric Schmidt, Senator Missouri, was ag for a long time before he became a senator. And before I get to some other issues that I want to talk to him about, the Save Act among them, I'm dying to get your take. I honestly cannot believe the Supreme Court decision on birthright citizenship today, the idea that people that don't respect our laws, our sovereignty, our borders get rewarded, and now it's codified by the US Supreme Court. How could this do anything other than encourage people from around the globe to just, you know, just make it across the border and your home free. I mean, I can't believe what a bad decision it is. And if you look at the history of the fourteenth Amendment and its text, I mean, and it's limit to it, you know, all persons born on or naturalized in the US and subject to the jurisdiction thereof don't those words matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a shockingly bad decision, Sean. And also if you take it into the context of the Civil Rights Act that took place in eighteen sixty six. The authors of that knew exactly what they were doing if you read the text. You know, Senator Howard, who was the author, explicitly said this wasn't for foreigners, this wasn't for aliens, this was for the freed children of slaves, to make sure that they were included in citizenship. They got the franchise. And it also said in other writings, including the Civil Rights Act of eighteen sixty six, talks about and not subject to a foreign power, the jurisdiction of a foreign power. That's what they meant it to be, which meant if you were from somewhere else and you weren't an American citizen, your children didn't become citizens, right. I mean, it is a ridiculous interpretation that's not based in the text. It's a miss reading, and it has, you know, drastic consequences. I think, you know, we've got a couple of options moving forward. I think we have a constitutional amendment. The President's already indicated in his post Congress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we all know to get a constitutional amendment passed, well, I know, is like the heaviest lift you can never have in Washington, and with a divided Congress, there's no way that's going to happen in the next fifty years them as far as I can see.
Speaker 2: No, it's a terrible result. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it. It's a terrible result. And they went further than they could have. What they could have said was the President couldn't do this by way of executive order. But they didn't stop there. They basically went on to say, no, this is what the fourteenth Amendment means, and so it has real consequences. It's been a mixed bag. I mean, getting rid of the temporary protected status for Haitians, I mean, that was a good result. There's a couple of other good results on administrative state, but this one's a big miss, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: So ostensibly this codifies into law, it would grant citizenship to hundreds of thousands of children that are born annually to parents that are not citizens of this country. I mean, I'm not sure if the term anchor baby is used anymore. I really don't know, but that was a term that was used for many, many years and people and I frankly don't blame them. If I come from a poor country and I want a better life for my kids, the grandkids, I don't blame them for looking at America as the land of milk and honey and wanting to make a perilous journey to come here for a better life for my kids. However, I think we have to be a nation governed by a constitution.
Speaker 3: And by the rule of law.
Speaker 1: We've got to protect our borders, our sovereignty, and none of that happened here. And it seems like the Supreme Court just put it, just codified this and put their seal of approval.
Speaker 3: On all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want perverse incentives that actually encourage people to come here illegally. And now this is one that is more set and stone. It's not a question where the other thing it does sean is and a Justice Department needs to be very, very active on this to take on this birth tourism industry. They're literally companies in China in other places that will fly women who are eight months pregnant, including by the way, members of the CCP, members of the military have their wives flown here at eight or nine months pregnant. They give birth, they get the medical care, and then a month later they fly back to China. What is the result of that? And this was actually mentioned in one of the opinions from Alito's opinion that what happens then is you could have then what is now for sure, a US citizen spend his entire formation in China and communist China being doctrinated to hate America, and then when they're eighteen, come back to America as a US citizen and vote in our elections, contribute to campaigns. This is the practical and this is not some like theory. This is happening. We don't know the exact numbers, but there's a lot. There's a lot of instances here, so that the DOJ needs to be really vigilant about this now. And we have to stamp it out because this is big business. And now they know, you know, the Supreme Court's laid in on it. So this birth toruism thing's real.
Speaker 1: I'm getting more and more disappointed with a lot of Justices Amy Cony Barrett and John Roberts in particular, for example, why would they side with liberal justices on this key election integrity case and the Supreme Court given that five to four ruling stating that mail in ballots can be counted several days after they arrive. Now, it might make sense if we have military ballots coming in from abroad. I could see that being an exception. But generally speaking, is it really too much to ask the citizens of this country to vote on time or to have one day that's election day? You know, the idea that we have, you know, some states that allow voting for you know, thirty sixty plus days, and the issues that may ultimately, you know, decide the outcome of an election haven't even happened yet in some cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does a couple of things. I mean, that's a bad decision too, for a couple of reasons. One is sort of the election integrity front. This used to not be a part is an issue at all. There was a Baker Carter commission twenty years ago that was bipartisan and said, hey, here are the ten things you can do to make sure that you don't you know, to protect against fraud, very limited mail in balloting. If people are truly homebound or disabled, our caregiver, that's one thing, But this just mass mail in balloting, and then you can still keep counting the election day doesn't even matter for a week later. Not only is it right for fraud, it actually creates mistrust in our system, right like if you're still waiting in California a month later, or the votes are coming in to decide who's the president of the United States and you don't have some finality, people are going to lose confidence in our elections. And you've seen this across the board. And so the Democrats know exactly what they're doing now. They're creating conditions where like they had in twenty twenty and I was attorney general in Missouri and we were one of the states that brought suit against Georgia because what they did was they created a system where they mailed it out to everybody, They had dropboxes, you didn't know when things were going to be counted. It just creates these conditions that are right for fraud. It's the wrong way to go. And and you know, and that's why the presidents, you know, we talk a lot about this. I know we're going to talk about the same America Act, the provision, and I've sponsored the five pillar one that President likes, which includes the mail and balloting piece too. He knows that this is the one that the Democrats manipulate I think the most, and it's important for us to do something about it. But yeah, this opens the door for ballots to be counted after election day and I think that's wrong.
Speaker 3: I think it's way wrong. Why is it?
Speaker 1: And you know, we've been now talking at nauseum about the Save Act. It's an eighty five fifteen issue in terms of conservatives Republicans in the country, but we can't get enough senators to jump on board and support this. Leader Thoon has no appetite to take that issue on in a way that would be effective. It doesn't seem like there is the appetite among enough Republicans to go with an eighty five percent issue.
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to understand why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I had a good answer for we Sho had a good answer for Sean. I'm committed, and I think the way that we should go about doing it is a talking filibuster. This is exactly what the philibuster was meant to do. And in fact, most states around the country, if you have someone trying to block legislation, they have to earn it. They got to be on the floor they get tired, people get sleepy, they get cranky. You got to earn it. And the way it works right now is you just come in and you just say yeah, your nag and you don't have sixty that's the end of it. You don't test anybody. And it also gives you an opportunity to continue to build support among the public, Like you said, for an eighty five percent issue. So that's where I'm at on it. I think there's a lot of people, but maybe not enough, so we have to keep winning that argument. The other thing I would say is it's no coincidence Sean, that these two issues we're talking about at the same time, which is this mass migration we saw from the Democrats and election integrity, they know even though their voters support this, their own voters now you've got the hammer and sickle wave in New York. They want to have the legals vote. But I think that even some old school Democrats don't want to do it. That's why you're at eighty five percent. But the elected Democrats at this point know they have lost the argument with the American people, and so they're so power obsessed they're willing to import fifteen million people here and they don't care if they're citizens to vote. That's the truth. So it affects our electoral maps. It elects how money goes to certain states. If you had a real deal where only citizens were kunded in the census, California will lose a massive numbers seats. And you see people walking with their feet to states like Florida, Missouri, from Illinois, Texas. In the next census, we're going to pick up seats that way. And that's why I think on this whole you know, argument about Jerrymander districts, the Democrats have been doing this for a long time. There's no Republican elected in the northeast Shawn, No, but no Republican elected in Congress. And so if that's the game that they're going to play, that's the game that we should play. When we've got it tough enough, I think and understand what time it is.
Speaker 1: It looks like the Mom Donnie wing of the Democratic Party is now the dominant wing. And the more fascinating to me aspect of this is no Democrat but for John Fetterman will dare stand up to any of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've created a monster and they actually don't know how to deal with it. Chuck Schumer is going to lose if he runs again. He will lose his Senate seat in York to AOC, which is why I think he'll be the co chair of her presidential committee so she doesn't run. But if it's not her, it's somebody else. They're coming for them. And they've created this monster because they've bought into this idea that we should teach our kids that hate America, that the cops are bad, that federal law enforcement is bad, that Western civilization is irredeemable, and the sins of our founders should be the highlight of America to fifty, not this glorious republic that was created outside of human history that's allowed freedom to flourish, and you have a government that's meant to protect individual liberty. They hate all that, and now they have candidates who, by the way, if they did, if Chuck Schumer didn't actually believe it, these people really do and they're now getting elected. These people are now running major cities and they're going to be running for the United States Senate. And so I think that when we get closer to November, when you have a binary choice and the maps are up for grabs Congress and the Senate. I know that not everybody is thrilled with exactly how are going. I have my own gripes about certain things too. But the truth of the matter is that's a binary choice. If you think Joe Biden was bad, Joe Biden was a puppet puppet for these people who wrote white papers about open borders and mass migration. What happens if you get somebody in there who actually believes all that stuff and has a whole army of people who believe it, and so our republics on the line. The founders knew this, were celebrating America, tufty, They knew how hard it was. You know, the way of the world is to aggregate power and exercise it ruthlessly. This country stands outside of history for that to say, no, we're going to respect the will the people. We have these rights to speak your mind and protect yourself at the Second Amendment. All that's on the line, and it's not an exaggeration. And now they're electing people like Montdomie or these other people in New York who literally are railing against Western civilization. They want to tear it all up. And so I just think the chickens have come to roosts now, and privately some of them will tell you that that this is a different proposition than when Bill Clinton was talking about secure borders thirty years ago. They're in a whole new world now, and we got it. That's why I think our efforts have to be to double down.
Speaker 1: I think the bigger phenomenon is that there's there's no Democrat.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 1: You are part of that radicalized group, the Mam Donnie, the AOC, the Grandpa Bernie, the Pocahontas, the Elsaiah tel Rico, Graham Platner, or you're just too afraid to dare to speak out against any of them because you know the consequences will be severe. Chuck Schumer, he doesn't even he thinks that this will save his job as Minority leader.
Speaker 3: It won't. I don't think Keem Jeffrey survives either.
Speaker 2: Right, they get Tiger by the tale and that's the truth. And then you've got a guy like tell Rico who comes out of like a woke lab I mean the way that he talked, it's like woke. One point, Oh, this isn't twenty twenty anymore. And that was the language. Remember, everyone was supposed to accept. And it's why when I was a trade journal we fought back so hard because I could just see the landscape what was happening, and people were being intimidated and censored and being told that you can't question this, and you got to say that. The American people, I think, responded in a fever broke in twenty twenty four. And so now they have a candidate who's all everything that they said in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one is coming back. But that's what they really believe. I mean, this whole like eight different genders. And I am a Christian, but I hate Christianity. This stuff is crazy. It's crazy. Now. I don't know. Maybe it would work in Oregon, but this is Texas. I know that dog wouldn't hunt in Zuri. I can't believe it worked in Texas.
Speaker 1: That dog ain't gonna hut and hunt in Texas. God b us Texas, no way. The fact that they think they can spend tens of millions and is insane to me that they have so misjudged the people of Texas. It's actually laughable anyway. Eric Schmidt, Missouri Senator, appreciate you, thanks for being with us. Eight hundred and nine four one. Shawn is on number you want to be a part of the program. You know, Lindo's thinking about this today. And then you came up with a genius idea, which I don't say that often.
Speaker 3: You're laughing. You're not laughing.
Speaker 4: If you're about to say what I think you're going to say.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hat tip Ethan because Ethan texted me and built this. So do credit of genius goes to Ethan.
Speaker 1: Okay, So between yesterday and today and all of last week and the week before, we have been spending a lot of time on how the Democratic Party gets more and more radicalized. The Graham Platner's, the James Telerrico's, the El Sayeds, the Mom Donnie's, the Grandpa Bernie's, the Pocahontas's, you know, Mom Donnie's pretty much the head of the party, and AOC and the squad and the anti Semitisms and on and on and on. And the bigger issue to me is that there used to be a wing within the Democratic Party that would stand against this radicalism. And that's why I keep saying these are uncharted waters for a midterm election.
Speaker 3: Let me just play.
Speaker 1: This has been an evolution into what is now culminating into a party that is so extreme, so radicalized, so out of touch that if you would have asked me ten years ago if I thought this could happen, I probably would have said no.
Speaker 3: Shows you how wrong I can be. Listen, We're not going to.
Speaker 2: Make America great again.
Speaker 3: It was never that great.
Speaker 6: I've seen for myself how the original sin of slavery weaved white supremacy into our founding documents and principles.
Speaker 2: But the American flag is such a complicated symbol for most of us, ways like Jesus, like the cross. It's been co opted and and and in some ways its true meeting has been betrayed.
Speaker 3: Do you think America has ever been truly great?
Speaker 6: I don't believe America has been great for all folks ever, even today.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not God bless America, God America.
Speaker 3: I can't celebrate.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 7: Fourth, I was on Long Island this weekend visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, a dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with American flags, which you know is also just disturbing because essentially the message was clear, it was this is my country.
Speaker 2: Making America great again. When that passed was never as great as advertised.
Speaker 7: Is part of the foundation of America.
Speaker 6: My white brothers and sisters do level. Fourth of July. It is Independence Day. Everybody is barbecue and it's a thing I could promise you black folks, we will take that day off. We will barber you because we all with black people that nobody black I know is really excited about the Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: I mean to hear that back to back and then put it together with you know, everything that we've been pointing out about these these lunatics. You know, I got elected in New York and Platner and elsaiaed and tell Rico it's it's Linda.
Speaker 3: Is it not amazing or what I think?
Speaker 4: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 5: I really feel like and I've felt this way for some time, and I'm not saying it to be you know, it's not hyperbole. I'm serious. I would like every single person on this list to go live in a nation that currently is under communist socialist dictatorship, like leadership. I want them to go there, and I want them to have to live there for one year, and after one year, if they think that is a better way of life than what we have going on here, we can talk. But right now, this is all BS ideology from a bunch of woke with a joke. People who have no real world experience do not understand capitalism. Let's has to do with their own pocketbook. I think they really need to have a little bit of applied life experience. So go ahead, go and come back and tell me how much better than America it is.
Speaker 1: How many times have we offered celebrities or actors a one way we had a big country?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Scott Shannon did it for us. The jet is ready.
Speaker 1: Good, jet is ready. I will pay the way. I'll even include champagne and caviar.
Speaker 5: Still waiting to fly out all those Libs who promised to leave that Trump were elected.
Speaker 8: The jet is ready?
Speaker 3: Is the Sean Hannity show.
Speaker 5: Gods?
Speaker 3: Jeez? Yeah, well, you know, give an example.
Speaker 1: The left doesn't like that President Trump has taken on Iran, and yet we're told by the people that know that they were literally twelve weeks away from potentially having nuclear you know, weapons by enriching their sixty percent of uranium to ninety percent, which is weapons great.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to hear that part.
Speaker 1: You know, all these people that make up lies that either have a microphone in front of them or a camera in front of them, they are spectacular lies. Because every single source that I have, and I have a lot more sources than they do, is that a true statement?
Speaker 3: You know what my life is like? Is that true?
Speaker 4: Sure? That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, every single person, without exception has said to me quote, the president had no choice that we're talking about epic fury.
Speaker 3: This is after midnight hammer. You know.
Speaker 1: Then this insanity of how they define the Trump doctrine drives me up a wall.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's get the go ahead now.
Speaker 5: I'm just My final thought on that is I agree that you have insider information, and that is because of a position that you've earned over forty years in the political circuit. Where I disagree with the administration's handling of this entire situation, and it is a very sad situation, and my heart breaks for the people of Iran that are under this terrible you know Iranian Ayatola IRGC rule. They need to be quiet. I don't need to hear from scentcom. I don't need to wish I had military clearance. I don't need to hear from the President one hundred and forty two times on the flip flop of where we're at. Just be quiet and go take care of it.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's why we elected you. We don't need these daily updates. That, to me is the biggest problem of the mixed messaging, the lack of consistency. We're dealing with lunatics. It's going to change quite a bit, So just be quiet until it's over.
Speaker 3: In my humble opinion, I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: You know, I actually asked the President about this privately, and I don't think he'd mind me sharing the answer. He says, Sean, everything is a negotiation. Every word he utters is a negotiation. It's all part of the process to him, and that kind of defines him. So it makes sense in his case. Let's go to let's see here Glenn and Washington.
Speaker 3: Glenn, how are you.
Speaker 8: Hy, Sean?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Must be celebrating the Supreme Court's decision on worthright citizenship. I know that they'll continue sending their women here to the United States to have babies, which will be US citizens and then go to China to be raised, and then we get old enough then come back and vote, maybe be our congressman. Yeah, maybe even be the president of the United States.
Speaker 1: You know what's really sad to me. Do you think if I went to China. Now I did go to China with President Trump on his recent trip. I didn't love China my own personal view. I didn't do much in China. I was told that I would be watched the whole time I was there, so I didn't have a lot of free time to just hang out in a restaurant.
Speaker 3: I think I went to one little restaurant in.
Speaker 1: The hotel with guys that I work with, and that was the extent of me going out, and otherwise it was just a work trip. But do you think if I went to China and I wanted to buy up farmland, ranch land, or land near military installations, do you think President Chi or anybody in China would allow Sean Hannity to buy up land like we're allowing them to do here.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, he wouldn't, of course, not on us.
Speaker 8: Just like sinning women to the United States to be citizens and then going back to China and be raised by communist leadership.
Speaker 2: It's just a scam.
Speaker 3: It just it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: The Supreme Court decision, it makes no sense, and it is frustrating because you know, elections are supposed to have consequences. I do believe the President thought he was making good decisions when he appointed certain people to the Supreme Court that have been huge disappointments, not the least of which is Amy Cony Barrett, not the least of which is Chief Justas Roberts. They're two of my biggest disappointments. Kavanaugh, I don't I have no idea where he's going to come down on anything.
Speaker 3: It's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the call, Glenn Michelle Alaska, Michelle, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 9: Sean, You had a guest on there yesterday that said he wasn't worried about the Senate seat flipping in Alaska Fitt flipping blue. I am an Alaskan. I am very worried about it. We have two senators rhino leftist Trader Murkowski, and then also Daniel S. Sullivan, who seat is up for reelection. Mary Popola, who went one term in the US House, is going against him. She went and visited a little town in Alaska named Petersburg, and out of that town a guy named Daniel J. Sullivan. After she left, came out and refiled as a Republican, tried to file as Daniel S. Sullivan for the same Senate seat. It was denied by the state of Alaska Department of Elections. He went and hired a lawyer, and there was just an emergency decision for the Alaska Supreme Court that said, yes, now he can be on the ballot. Well, Alaska is ranked choice voting, So this was all concocted by the Democratic Party to take enough votes away from the real Daniel S. Sullivan to put Mary Pultola into that Senate seat. So I am very concerned and very worried, and we need this, We need the entire United States help to overcome this.
Speaker 3: You know, I've never liked rank choice voting at all.
Speaker 1: The only reason that Lisa Murkowski is still in the Senate is because of rank choice voting.
Speaker 3: She would have lost many elections ago.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure what it is that there seems when I when I watch her listen to her, and you know, when you think of all the President Trump has done, for Alaska, especially with energy, you know, opening up energy dominance and anwar and and all the all the benefits that the people of Alaska will receive themselves. Because you don't pay income taxes state income taxes.
Speaker 3: You got to check from the government.
Speaker 1: And the more money the government makes from energy, the more money you're going to get paid from the state of Alaska.
Speaker 9: Right well, side note, Sean, our legislator, our state legislator is taking our PFD and using it to fund the budget, the leftist budget, and they're also blocking all efforts to get that liquid natural gas pipeline go. So Alaska, which used to be a solid red state, is now turning blue. And people, you know, just like people are saying Texas is red and other places are red. Well, Alaska used to be red. It is turning blue. And people need to wake up to what's happening. We are losing our country. People need to wake up. Every single Conservative out there, every single Christian out there. You need to do whatever it takes to get out to vote, to bring your neighbors. I don't care. We need to Sean. At this point, we need to fight fire with fire because.
Speaker 1: The demis is a Michelle I hope all of our friends in Alaska are listening to you. I am fascinated with your state. I'm fascinated with people that live off the grid. I'm fascinated with light below zero. I'm fascinating, fascinated with deadly as catch. I'm fascinated. You know, it's it's a life. I kind of dream that one day I'll live that. I know I'm never going to live, so I live vicariously through people that do live that life. But this is a big election, this is important, it matters, And you're right, that's a dirty trick, typical, not shocking to me. All right, that's gonna wrap things up for today. All Right, we are watching elections. This lunatic leftist radical Democrat in Colorado.
Speaker 3: We'll watch that closely.
Speaker 1: We'll get an analysis of how far left the Democratic Party has gone, what impact it will have in the midterm. Also the great one, Mark Levin, Riley gains on the Supreme Court decision about men and women's sports, and Erin McGuire and much more. Nine Eastern Hannity on Fox. See you then back here tomorrow. Thank you for making the show possible.