Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just getting ready for bed. Actually, I didn't know if i'd hear back from you.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Sailor?
Speaker 2: Alicia?
Speaker 1: Alicia? Alicia? You texted me and you said, uh, I wanted to talk about my dating life. And then you said two things. You said, I attract men with the same kink over and over again by coincidence. And I also hate how men talk in Ohio. It's disturbing.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, yeah, this is true.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, let's talk about that first. What is it about the way that men talk in Ohio that is disturbing you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's very weird. So I've hooked up with a couple of guys since I've moved here, and I want to say, like, I think probably four out of the five they're they're my age, so yeah, I'm in my late thirties, so they're mid mid thirties to forty, and they just when we're actually doing it, they they say like sweety and and hun like they're old men.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I had the most disturbing thing that happened to me was I was doing it with this one guy and I don't want to get graphic, but we were in a certain position where he had some leverage.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, wait, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: First of all, I just listen. You can you can whatever you're comfortable talking about is up to you. But you can say whatever you want. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, we were doing it and he was behind me, and he had like thrust in and I he said, like, I don't even know howes he.
Speaker 4: Said, oh Mama, like, okay, you you weren't a fan of that?
Speaker 1: You were a fan of Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, no, like who would be I I was cringing, like I oh god. I just kind of was like had my face in my hand, like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this is happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so multiple go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So it's like these guys which I never encountered living in Maine, just like saying hon and sweetie, and then also apparently oh Mama, like I don't know if it's a Midwest like a nice thing, but it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Why why do you not like hun and Sweetie?
Speaker 3: Because it's not like they're really like nice guys. It's not like we have any sort of level of endearment and it's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: They also.
Speaker 3: They also like to when they leave. This has also happened multiple times. They tell me I'll text you when I get home. Normally the guy would tell the girl text me when you get home. And it's not like they want to continue like a conversation. They will just literally go home and say I made at home. I'm home, like they're letting me know they made it home.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, And this is when guys are leaving your apartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, after we hook up.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll say this, I think a hunt. I agree with you that Han and Sweetie are they're a little they're a little much. I wouldn't call a woman that I just met hun or sweety. If you have a rapport with a lady and you feel like I feel caught and sweet something you build up to. But sure, a one night stand. I don't know if we're throwing out to haunt the sweetie the mama.
Speaker 3: It was sark.
Speaker 1: And do you do you are these guys that you're seeing recurringly or guys that you're just like hooking up with, uh kind of on a one off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did see the one guy more than one. He was a he was a sweetie guy because he just like did some other things that intrigued me, but it was not worth it to see him again. And but yeah, these are just people that I'm like meeting on Tinder and chatting with a little bit. There's there's there's really no report.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting that there's guys in their forties on Tinder because I just so heavily associate Tinder with like my late teens in early twenties.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, it's really sad. Like I'm thirty nine and I have an associates degree in an allied health profession. I didn't like it, so I went back to waitressing and bartending, and I am in this weird category of people where it's like the people on Tinder are either like really fucked up, like doctors, or like men who travel all over the world and like, obviously there's something wrong with you, or it's a fake profile, or it's like just a growth person working at like a gas station, and it's like I'm not I'm too good for most of the people and like not good enough for the other portion of people that are on Tender in my age groups, it's wild out there.
Speaker 1: What is going on? You said? I'm sorry, you said a fucked up doctor? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: A fucked up doctor? Like, I don't know, you just get I feel like I have a good sense if I can look at people profiles and just be like, oh, there's something wrong with you. I mean, clearly by the people I'm hanging out with, Like maybe not, maybe I missed the mark sometimes, but I just think if someone is truly a doctor and they're like forty and attractive and have pictures in like Greece and Italy and I go to aquariums, like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: You know? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, If a guy is forty attractive and a doctor and has photos of themselves at the aquarium, that raises a lot of red flags to you.
Speaker 3: Yes it does.
Speaker 1: Can you genuine I genuinely want to hear and maybe this is just a gut feeling that's beyond words for you, But if it's not, I would love to hear a further explanation as to why. And I kind of I'm trying to meet you where you're at. I kind of think I understand what you're getting at here, but like, what do you how do you mean.
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain. It's just like I've been I worked service industry jobs for a long time, serving bartending, which has really helped me, like clock people most of the time, and you just like there's only so many different types of people in the world, I feel like, and you just keep meeting the same people over and over again. And I've I've had regulars that were like doctors, specialist doctors, urologists, cardiologists that did all this cool shit, but like they're single because they like are horrible to women and you know, just like sit at bars drinking all night. But if you're if you're traveling and there's pictures of you, like at the aquarium, and it's just like nothing's ever gonna be enough for you. That's what that says to me. Like you're just always gonna want something more interesting. Yeah, if someone is like doing too much, it's a it's a really like it's intimidating interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when you see a guy who is like traveling and doing a bunch of stuff, you think, Okay, this person's not gonna be happy with the kind of domestic life that I want to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not gonna you're not looking to like foster a relationship and like make me coffee in the morning and talk about what we're gonna do. Like you're not You're not gonna want to just like read books together and have our feet touch. You're gonna want to like go out there and like jump out of planes or I don't know what they do, go rock climbing.
Speaker 1: God, No, all right, so you you'd all so you do you like doing shit?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I like to do shit.
Speaker 3: I like to do things that are a little bit more passive. I like to go look at like a a market. I like to just go somewhere and like get a coffee and like be outside and people watch, or go to any antique mal I don't like to go look at animals, Like I don't want to go to a zoo. I don't want to go to an aquarium and like look at things. But out in the in the world, I like to go look. I like to go to concerts, like a little day trip in the car somewhere, just not a big like thrill speaker dower of frenuous activity.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, okay, okay, So you're looking for a kind of a boring guy that you can live a kind of relatively boringer life with.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't. I don't think it's boring. I think it's cozy, like a life where we have our own things that we like to do, but we're not like huge thrill sneakers, like that's that's of no interest to me, which it's okay. So the other part of what I was saying, attracting dudes that have the same kink kind of ties into this because I am not like a doer, you know, I don't like a lot of strenuous activity. But I did have a long term relationship like five years ago where we got into pegging, and after that, like almost I would just match with people on bumble or you like, meet a guy at a bar and they would want me to peg them. It's like, I just keep finding these guys that want to be pegged, and it doesn't happen to anyone else that I know. So I'm like, what what's going on? What does that say about me?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: Is pegging a thing that you like to do to people?
Speaker 3: I like it, Yeah, it's fun, but I also don't want that. I don't want it all the time. And that's the problem is I found myself in these situations where people will just pigeonhole me into like, oh, you're the You're the chick that's gonna peg me, and then.
Speaker 1: Okay, you feel like you're getting type cast as like I know this is the kind of lady that will peg me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you give me?
Speaker 1: And be honest with you?
Speaker 3: What's your name again, Alicia?
Speaker 1: Alicia? Now be honest with me, Alicia, because you know, I don't know you, you know yourself. What is it about you that you think is emitting these vibes that you might that what do you think it is about like the way you present to the universe that is causing you to be type casted this way?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm I am quiet and reserved and like I have a dry sense of humor, but it's kind of like a dark sense of humor. But I have dark hair at kale skin. I don't know. Maybe if people see me and they're just like, oh, she looks like a like a what's her face? The chick that dated Marrily Manson, you know, the burlesque lady. Okay, I'm definitely she's beautiful. I'm not I'm not like saying I'm a mini her, but similar features like Lynn, She's like her name starts with a day. Yeah not I mean I have dark hair, pale skin. I always have on like a dark red lipstick. I'm like, is that it is that like an association people are making.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 3: Because they know that like the quiet girls are freaky?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I also like am a good listener, so I also have guys just like kind of open up to me a lot. So I don't know. If I create you know, it could be a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're creating a lot of space for uh people to feel comfortable around you, which does translate to them feeling more comfortable being like, hey, would you want to fuck my ass? What is it that you are looking for?
Speaker 3: I am I would love a sweet guy who's freaky and is just kind of like, just this sounds bad. I just really kind of want someone to like adore me and just like be obsessed with me and just be happy, like to have a a fun time together.
Speaker 1: Like why do you say, well, why do you think that that sounds crazy? That sounds I think a lot of people want that. I don't know why I think most people probably want some version of that. Why what what is it about that that you think sounds crazy?
Speaker 3: It's crazy because no one has a capacity to like admire anyone or anything anymore.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like the temperature. I feel like the temperature. Everyone is just like dead inside. I don't know, maybe it's Ohio, maybe maybe it's something just.
Speaker 2: Just luck, But.
Speaker 3: I just feel like people don't There's no yearning, there's no like appreciation. I feel like there's no chalant. It's all very nonchalant.
Speaker 1: I feel I'm curious about this because I feel like.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: You're telling me you haven't been able to find a guy that you feel like is obsessed with you. You at least haven't been able to find a guy that you feel like is obsessed with you that you find yourself attracted to. Yeah, it's easy to find a guy's obsessed with you, but it's hard to find a guy's obsessed with you that you like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if a guy is obsessed with me, like I did have one guy that was obsessed with me, but again it was it was just sexual. It was just all about pegging. It was just like him dirty texting me all the time, like wanting me to stick dildo's in his mouth, wanting me to like play with his ass, just he'd want me to tell him what to do while he was at work, and he'd like go home on his lunch break and take pictures of like him putting in butt plugs, and it was taking up so much of my time. I'm like, I can't do this anymore, dude, Like it's not fun. It's not fun for me. I'm more than just like the things that I do to you.
Speaker 5: But no, you know, did you bring this up to him where you like, hey, listen, are you interested in anything more than just a sexual relationship?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was like, you know, I'm also looking for people to go and do things with and like hang out and watch something and laugh about it. If you want to like watch movies sometime, or like you have to go to Target and you want to make it fun, like I'll come with you. And he's just not interested in that. So I'm like, Okay, I will contact you again when I feel like enough time has passed, and I'm like, okay, yeah, I feel like I could have fun pegging again. Oh, I'll call you and that's where that is.
Speaker 1: So what was your last boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Like my last boyfriend we dated off and on for like five years. Well no, oh my god, we had a ten year saga. We actually only spent like four years out of those ten dating I think, Yeah, we just broke up. It's like end of last February, so about a year ago for good. And he was very ego totickle. He's like very ego driven. He wanted approval from everyone, especially like acquaintances, any like anyone. He knew pleasing his bosses were was very important. So because he already had my approval, I was like very low on the priority list.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, I see, I see.
Speaker 3: So he was he was a great friend. He was always doing favors for people. He could fix cars, he could fix sewing machines, he could he could sew he could basically do anything everything. He's had a lot of different skill So yeah, he was really also avoidant, would never talk about issues. I always had to initiate the conversation and he would just like shut down, just close off, and then would have to come back to it like a couple days later. And it was just a lot of silent and like nodding like, I'm sorry you felt that way. I'll try to do better. Nothing ever changed, but the times that we were broken up, we never like really stopped talking, and he did cheat on a couple people that he was dating, like with me, which I didn't realize right away, and foolishly I thought that meant that it was like love, that he just loved me and missed me so much and couldn't stand being away from me. But you know, this last time we broke up, I was like, something's off, something's wrong, And for the first time in ten years, I had a chance to look through his phone and saw him. You know, he was texting another girl who he kept her whole existence hidden from me. He said he's known her for years and was like the only friend I've never heard him mention. So that's why we finally ended.
Speaker 1: What was it about this time over those ten years that was like a finale?
Speaker 3: Well I had been trying to figure out for ten years off and on, and I'm like, what's the last I'm like, why does this keep happening? Are we like in each other's orbits? Because we're meant to be together and he was so resistant to like moving in and I had set this timeline and like, if we're still together in a year, I'd like for us to not be living separately and you know, combine our lives. Like I feel like that's warranted at this stage because we also lived an hour apart from each other, and I'm like, I'm tired of just like seeing you before work, after work, chatting in the parking lot because I worked an hour away. I worked where he lived in the same city, and then like once a week he'd come and stay at my house and we would just you know, drink, eat, have sex, smoke, and then like, I want more than this. We've been doing this since we were twenty eight, the hanging out, drinking, gangs, like smoking, like I would like to do more. So this was the final straw because I finally learned a lesson. I was like, Okay, the lesson is for me to know myself worse and to know that you are just totally disrespectful of me. And it shouldn't be this hard to like, if someone loves you, it shouldn't be this hard for them to show it and for me to feel like that I'm loved, you know, because he was he was also like a very good gas. Later he would not do anything to show that he loved or cared, but assure me that he did. He's like, no, that's not true. That's not true.
Speaker 2: Like, I do love you.
Speaker 1: What were you hoping that he would do to show that he loved you or cared about you that he didn't do.
Speaker 3: I think so many things, like just offering to help me in any way when I needed it. I had pneumonia for like two weeks. I was so sick. He didn't ask if he could do anything. He didn't come to my house. He didn't order me door dash, he didn't have groceries delivered. He just like let me rot, you know, And that's We've known each other for eight years at that point.
Speaker 1: You gotta that's the thing. I think you gotta like fucking if you're a guy, you gotta fucking like keep trying. I feel like it's important to just like keep trying trying to like serve your uh, your partner, you know, even because you you want to get too complacent. You want to always make sure that you're like, like a relationship should kind of be a job in a way, do you know, like it should be something that you're always putting effort into you never want to get complacent. It always needs to be like it's like a plant that you got to be constantly watering and constantly making sure that like you're you're serving this person, not even when they're I mean, especially when they're in need, when they're like fucking sick or whatever, but uh, when they're not, you just got to always make sure that you're fucking like making like if you love this woman, if you're like obsessed with her, if you're like really into her, you's got to keep making sure that you're making her life easier instead of harder. I mean, you're not gonna be one hundred percent, right, You're not gonna be You're never gonna be one hundred percent. You're not gonna be like like, there's gonna be some mornings where like fuck like you can't make the coffee or you you know, whatever the fuck right, But you should be consistent. But you should be consistent enough that when your girlfriend thinks about you, she thinks of you as like across the board overall, a trustworthy, competent, caring individual. Like that's like you're not you're not gonna be perfect, but she should You should be good enough and like cognizant enough of whether or not you're serving this other person that she has a general view of you as a competent human being who cares about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed, And yeah he didn't really excel at doing that at all. He knew what he provided, which was fun, and just like he provided.
Speaker 1: He knew what he provided, and what he provided was fun and distraction.
Speaker 3: Was that mean, Like when I was going through hard times, which was often because I had a lot of deaths in my family and a lot of family dynamics that were troubling and sad to me. So like I didn't unload on him all the time, but when things happened and I wanted some support, he wasn't really there.
Speaker 6: He he he would be like his his solution was, I'm going to come up, I'm going to bring a case of Truly's and We're going to watch ancient aliens and I'm just going to go down on you and You're going to forget all about the and like that was that was his like solution to the problem.
Speaker 1: So he wasn't interested in like emotionally engaging with you about these things going on, But he was like, yo, I can we can get drunk and I'll go down on you while ancient Aliens is on in the background.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all things that I like, you know, and and he knew that, but he didn't. But he shouldn't given me that. No, he couldn't give me the deeper level. And I was always hanging on wanting that. And he also just like he never initiated. When we did live in the same city, a frequent argument we had was I would tell him if it was not for me, like texting you or calling you, we'd never hang out because I'd have I'd be like, what are you doing on Friday? But he had a way of convincing me that it wasn't.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it took me a long time. Yeah, it took me a long time to figure out that what he was saying, I don't think he meant it felt like he meant it sometimes when we were together, but I was like very much out of sight, out of mind, because yeah, I had to tell him, like right before this final breakup, something we were working on for the last year. I was like, I would like for you to plan something for us to do. I'm always the one telling you about concerts, asking you if you want to go, like to this antique shop. Do you want to go out to eat? Should be like go to a movie, you want to go for a drive. And he was down to do whatever I wanted and he's like, yeah, sure, But he never approached me with an idea, and he was never like what are you doing Friday? I want to see you. I would be like, hey, Pete, what are you doing on Friday? I'd like to see you. Do you have time to see me?
Speaker 1: Dude? It's so I don't know, man, all this shit is like so easy, you know what I mean? Like being I feel like being a good boyfriend is like so it's so straightforward. I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't I I here's the thing, and I don't I don't know. I don't want to like, uh throw shit out there, but like.
Speaker 2: Do you think.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's because he wasn't that into you or because he was just kind of aloof and stupid?
Speaker 3: I really don't know what's I say. I don't know, but like what's fucked up is? I do know that he had serious feelings for me, Like I just know that he did, but I don't know why he treated me so badly.
Speaker 1: Dude, some people are just like stupid, Like it's just like being a good boy, Like I really do believe like when you're like when you're really in I don't I don't know. I don't know what it's like. I don't know what it's like for the guys. But like if I'm like really into a lady, I just I like I want to fucking you know, do all this stuff. But I feel like it's so it's like so easy if you really like someone, I think to naturally be compelled to like initiate wanting to see them, like want to like make their life better, want to like do shit for them, want to plan shit, like want to make them happy, like want to listen to what they need and take that feedback in and like actually take action on it. I mean again again again, You're never gonna be one hundred percent perfect and you can't be like on the fucking military guard. Yeah, out of time, but like across the board in general.
Speaker 3: Well, he also he liked to joke that he was a sociopath.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and this sounds crazy, and I think that.
Speaker 3: He actually might be I part of like the performance I would see him do in front of other people, like his personality changed, Like I am very authentic. I can you know if I'm in front of an old person, I'm not going to swear out of respect, and I'm not going to do that at work or my boss. Like I can change my personality that way, but I am myself, like my true personality doesn't change. And I would just see his personality change, like in front of this person, in front of this person, and then I was like I think, and I called him on it. It's like I think that you are coming to my house and like playing the person I want you to be and not great because he still wasn't delivering on a lot of like emotional needs that I had. But just like you're playing this little part and then you're going back home and you're being different and I have no idea who you're actually seeing, and like, yeah, and he's got some mother issues as well. I think he is like mentally unwell whatever that might be.
Speaker 1: Did you say mother issues or other issues?
Speaker 3: Oh, mother issues, just very very attached almost like he's parenting his mother. He's an only child and had older parents who were like in their late thirties when they had him. But the dynamic between them now is like he's the only son, so like every decision they make has to be made as a family, and we are a triad. That's something he'd always say, We're a triad. We all make this end.
Speaker 1: A triad is in the the like the triad of you, him and his mom.
Speaker 3: Noh sorry, no, him, his mom and his dad like their family unit.
Speaker 1: How old is this guy?
Speaker 3: He's like right now? Thirty seven? Thirty eight?
Speaker 2: Dude? Man?
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, yeah, so you've been on in love with this all right, So you've been on in love with this guy for ten years? What have you had experiences with other people? At all?
Speaker 3: Experiences? Yeah, but I never in our off time found anyone else that I liked to date. So he's the only person I've dated since I was twenty eight, Like, been in a relationship with.
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Why couldn't you find anyone else that you liked?
Speaker 3: I just didn't. It just didn't happen. I did find one guy I liked who lived in New Hampshire when I lived in Maine, but nothing. I don't think he felt the same way about me, Like it just kind of fizzled after hanging out a few times, which bummed me out. But other than that, I just yeah, I didn't find anyone that I liked and I still haven't. I well, I have a work crush right now, so I do have one person, but he is very different. He's very very very different.
Speaker 1: Of you or from p Why uh, what's the deal with your work crush?
Speaker 3: We just have like a similar taste in music and a good sense of humor, like good banter. And then we've also had some like serious or more serious like conversations where we like can tell that our values aligne. You know, it's just like a normal healthy crush. Like we text sometimes and he'll send me pictures of like soup that he's making and I was like, wow, that looks delicious. You're like fucking making a stock. You've got vegetables boiling. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So we're just friends, but he's a little crush.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Why why is it romanding a crush? Why is romantic interest not been expressed?
Speaker 3: Well, up until recently, we worked together. He just got a new job last week, and I didn't I don't want to tell him that I have a crush on him and then potentially not have a friend and make it weird because that he is like the first friend I've made since moving to Ohio and I've been here six months. So well, breaking up with Pete was one reason I was commuting like an hour. I was putting it one hundred miles on my car a day driving to and from work, which wasn't sustainable. And I have family, like in the Pittsburgh area. I grew up there. I didn't want to live there again, so I just came to northeast, Ohio for something different and it's more affordable. Yeah, and it's great here, like culturally, there's a lot to do and I'm having fun. But yeah, the dating is something else.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I don't know. I think you should give the Mama guy a try, give him a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh the mom Why the Mama guy?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He seems creative.
Speaker 3: I cut it off with him hardcore. He was a love bomber.
Speaker 1: Okay, what does what does that mean? A love bomber?
Speaker 3: I can give you examples as to what he was doing that should explain what love bombing is. Yeah, go ahead, Okay, So this was our first date. He actually lives two hours away, but was up in my area for Christmas for a week, so we talked on the phone a couple times, texted, you know. He made us dinner reservations. We went to a bar. He then invited himself over to my house, which I should have said no, but we were drinking, so of course I felt like it was my responsibility. Once he says, I've had a few drinks, okay, you weaseled your way into my apartment. But when he was here, like he wanted to. He was like tracing the shapes on my back very gently with like one fingertip. We were like watching TV, and he wanted me like in between his legs on the sofa, and he was just like I could do this all night. I could do this all night with you, just gently like making little snake shapes and circles. And then he like had his hand in my hair and was like playing with my bobby pins and just like being very gentle and like what the fuck And he said he was like, I think every crevice of your body should be worshiped. And then like he ended up spending the night and then in the morning like was like come here and sit down. He wanted me to sit on his lap, and he held me like awkwardly, like like a child. It was like sitting on Sanna's lap like and he just told me, like, you know, I had a lot of fun, And I'm thinking, I have a work trip coming up in Detroit. Are'm going to be there for five days, and you like a little road trip, you should come with me. I come up here and see you again, like this is our first date. Like that's a lot here.
Speaker 1: Let me all right, so let me here's the thing. Do you do? You take a bong rip? Yeah, that's that's crazy to clock that in the background. I mean, do what you like. But uh, what the fuck is I gonna say? I don't think there's inherently anything wrong with the way that this guy is like trying to conduct this thing. But it's clearly not your style, or at least it's not your style with this guy. Because some people like like the I think the way that like, So I don't think that that like because he's the thing like, uh for this, like, I think he's just to show you where like his brain is at is. He's like he finds, you know, how you said, you want a guy who's like obsessed with you.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think, if you're gonna find a guy who's obsessed with you, like, I don't know. I don't want to speak for I don't want to speak for everyone, right because there's a lot of I there's a lot of like, uh, for example, I'm the kind of guy where like I know if I'm really attracted to someone, like immediately, like I can tell within like two minutes if I'm like really attracted to someone. And then I have friends who are a little bit more slow burners, and they're like, let me see how this plays out, be cautious, me whatever. And I I don't know if that's like a man woman thing, because I think that I think the same thing is is true with women, where I like, you know, a lot of not most women are probably like slow burners, but there's also some women who are like, yo, I think this guy's like super hot and cool. I would love to let's, you know, throw a caution in the wind. He seems chill enough, Let's fucking go on this business trip with him. And then they just like from the start, you know, get it going but you're you've identified at least like, is this an across the board thing where you're like, I want to I'm a slow burner? Or do you see do you think that there's a kind of guy like were you were you just not attracted enough to this guy where you are like I want to I'm down to run it, or are you like no, I'm pretty sure I know that about myself after thirty nine years, that I'm a slow burn kind of lady.
Speaker 3: I am a slow burn If I like someone, I might.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: It's not a condition. It's something that you do. I think it's called limmeren. Yeah, where you automatically just start fantasizing about like, oh my god, I can see us married, I can see us like going to home depot. I do that, but I don't show it because I'm like, girl, that's crazy, Like you don't really know this person.
Speaker 1: No, no, but if but if you meet someone for the first time and you feel that like, okay, this guy, clearly this guy was ready to rock. The guy who's drawing shapes on your back and shit, this guy's ready to fucking rock, right, And if you happened to feel that, I don't think you liked this guy particularly that much. But if you happened to feel a sense of limerens with this guy and you showed it and you were ready to rock. Look, a lot of relationships like that, they fucking crash and burn as fast as they began, right, But then it's a lot. But then a lot of relationships are the complete fucking opposite. There's a lot of relationships that are not slowburns that they're just like, are two people who just developed this like immediate limerens for each other that like doesn't go away?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I think it's possible. I think it's you know, if I feel I just like I with him, I knew like there were red flags. I was like, ugh, there's things about you that I really don't like. After just spending like six hours with you.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me what those things were. I'm curious. I feel like this is good. I feel like this is a good conversation. I feel like we're learning a lot here. I feel like the audience is getting a good uh idea of like what's attractive what's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I hope so because all this, Yeah, I hope it helps somebody. God, I the one thing that really pissed me off.
Speaker 2: Is he.
Speaker 3: His dog isn't fixed? Number one?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's a little too specific.
Speaker 3: There's there's more to this, something else that ties into that. But he sent me a picture of his dog when we were texting, and oh, I just happened to notice, like the.
Speaker 1: Ball dog's dick is too big. Oh wait, why does that? What? What that's that's I have to say, that's one of actually the more wild ix that I've heard. Why what is But I'll hear you out on anything. What is it about this guy's dog not being fixed? What is that signal to you about him that's so unattractive?
Speaker 3: Well, there's no reason and to not fix your dog, like be responsible. It's you know, it's better for them. They're not going to accidentally get another girl pregnant like and create puppies that need homes. And also he told me during their very expensive dinner at a nice restaurant that his dog killed his roommate's dog and that's why he's not allowed to have his dog where he lives anymore. The ant has to watch his dog, and the dog's not fucking fixed. So maybe if the dog was fixed, your roommate's dog would still be alive.
Speaker 1: What does that have to do with the fancinness of the restaurant.
Speaker 3: It was just like crude conversation for the setting that we were in.
Speaker 1: You're clearly not into at all, and I don't ironic, hold on, give me something else, though, I feel like this is this is just like a Pheromone thing, because there's no fucking way it's the dog. You just clearly just didn't like these des No, he didn't like this this guy.
Speaker 3: This guy has a vasectomy, and so I thought it was very ironic that he's.
Speaker 1: He's give me something else. Gotta be there's no way you just don't like this guy because his dog's not fixed.
Speaker 3: No, he also like insinuated that he gets like kind of wild when he drinks, or he's like, oh, like you'll find out what that's like because I made a comment. We had a few drinks with the restaurants and we went to a bar and he got a beer in a shot and I was like, oh, you're having a shot, And so it was like a red flag that he's like gonna probably change personalities when he drinks or had maybe he has a little bit of a drinking problem. He also wanted to like get up during the middle of our nice meal and have a cigarette, and it was just kind of like, yeah, you do that when you go to a dive bar or to like Applebee's and you're waiting for your food to come out. But like, we had an appetizer and before our meals came, he's like, do you want to go have a smoke? And it was a weird I think you had to be as a place to really get it, but it's not the kind of establishment you do that. But I joined him in and I thought it.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for the fact. You know, first of all, I don't think people. I don't think people choose necessarily what they're attracted to and the ways in which they feel attraction. It's like they just naturally developed them. So I feel bad for you at the fact that you're a slow burner, because it's not an easy world for a slow burner. It's really not an easy world for a slow burner because, uh, the you'll get into a relationship faster if you're the opposite of a slow burner. You find a guy, uh, irresistibly attractive, but you notice his dog isn't fixed, and that he goes out for a cigarette and you just are like, oh, I'm just attracted to this guy. I'll just ignore that stuff versus because at some point you have to ignore stuff, not ignore stuff, but but kind of but kind of ignore stuff. But if you're a slow burner, like when you're trying to when you're like dating and you're getting a relationship, like like, things are always like you're there's always gonna be things that are thrown at you that you're like, oh, that's a little weird. I don't know if I and it's and there's never gonna be any relationship or any person that you're you don't feel those things. But if you're a it's way easier. It's way easier if you're like a Limerens person to be like, oh, well I'll figure that out later. Who gives a shit and figure that and then actually figure that later. Then if you're a slow burner, all of those things are gonna be reasons to back out. But it's tough if you're a slow burner because, uh, you it takes a bit of time to figure someone out. But also but also how I don't know if a slow burner is really like, you know, you know, if you can see something in this person, you you can if you're a slow burner, I feel like you can know at least like, at the end of a time seeing someone, do I want to see them again? Am I open to seeing them again? I feel like there's there's legitimate knowledge in that gut feeling, you know.
Speaker 3: There is, Yeah, And there's different levels of X if you will like the things he did that I didn't like the cigarette, the dog. Like on someone else, it wouldn't have been to a big deal, but it was totally a Pheromone thing. We were just not vibing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw I was right. It was just you just kind of didn't. You just weren't into them.
Speaker 3: No, I wanted to be, which is why I decided to have sex with them. It's like, maybe this will be really good. Yeah, but that.
Speaker 1: Was that was O mama, No, that's the old mama guy. Oh I forgot that this was the right that sucks. That's so funny. That's so funny that you didn't like this guy. You were like, Okay, maybe maybe if I have sex with him, maybe that'll unlock something that you know, maybe I didn't see before and then it and then something happens that that is like the worst thing of all the other things that you thought that having sex could distract you from. That just sucks. It's very funny. Yeah, this is very funny.
Speaker 3: And I did like. There was another guy who I went out was three times. He was the first guy I matched with when I moved here, and I you know, I hated the way that he laughed. I hated the way he pushed up his glasses like a typical dork with one finger at the nose bridge. He'd like push them up and laugh at the same time. We hung out three times. He ate hot dogs two out of those three times, and I was like, dude, this is crazy. I can't with this, but but maybe I'll like him. He's kind of sweet, like I feel like he likes me. Maybe I just need more time. And then he was the ones that ghosted me. So you just it's I've learned, it's just not worth it.
Speaker 1: It's a whole thing. It's a whole thing. There. What's your name again? Yeah, Alicia, Yeah, either of all of them, they all work. Alicia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alicia.
Speaker 1: Well, Alicia, thanks for sharing your stories with us. I hope you find, uh, whatever it is you're looking for in this crazy world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a guy who wants to get freaky sometimes and just like is obsessed with me and wants to hang out all the time.
Speaker 1: That's much that you also like, Oh yeah, that's the caveat. No, you could find what you just said tomorrow, but.
Speaker 2: It acuity.
Speaker 3: A lover boy, a smart boy.
Speaker 1: Alicia, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: I do have one thing to say, and that is, oh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I hope that conversation was I guess educational to someone. You gotta have things that you're willing to put up with. But again, I feel bad for the slow burners because they really being a slow burner's tough, because you really feel like you're in a lot of situations where you're like, hmm, I you're in a lot of situations you're like, I could try to like this person, But does that ever work? Does that ever work? Chat? I'm curious, let me know all the comments if that ever works. If you if you're someone, if you're in a relationship with someone who you didn't like initially and then you started to like them. I know those stories exist. I've never experienced that personally. I feel like I can tell if I'm obsessed with someone pretty immediately. But the slow burners exist, you know, and they figure it out.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, how's it going? Is this thing live at all? Or is this like the rundown? Let's read?
Speaker 1: What's the read? Well, the read is that we are on the phone together. I mean, it's not live. I don't stream on twitch as much anymore. Okay, but I might start again at some point, but for now, I'm kind of taking a break and just recording the podcast offline. I feel like it's it's just a little bit more chill. I feel like it helps me control the pacing of things and makes it more intimate and for me and just easier. It's just a little bit easier for me to do it offline than online, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally get that.
Speaker 1: But this is a thing that I am recording for the purposes of putting on the internet. So that is the.
Speaker 2: Drop the legal disclaimer in there. I respect it.
Speaker 1: That is the skinny. No, I never dropped the legal disclaimers. I put myself at risk or I don't think I believe nobody cares, Dude, nobody cares. That's nobody cares about me enough to like it just doesn't matter, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I have reverses for you, buddy, but I care. Dude.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Reese, Reese? You're your sweet soul Reese. Have we ever spoken before?
Speaker 2: Uh? No? Long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 1: Man, amazing, amazing. I love it. I'm so happy. I genuinely I am so happy that I've been doing this for almost six years and we're still getting to talk to new people.
Speaker 2: So I I think the first episode of Yours that I saw I was fucking around in like sophomore year English in high school. Now I'm like a freshly twenty one year old, like adult, very nice time five man.
Speaker 1: So, Reese, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What made you want to call my Gecko show?
Speaker 2: So I'll give you the reading. I'm not too happy with life in general. I feel like the world has kind of lost its wonder for me, and like I've just been trying to figure out a way to get it back. Life's just kind of hard right now. Man.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm, Okay, So the world lost its wonder for you, which means that at one point it had wonder. And when was that point?
Speaker 2: Probably when I was about eighteen. I moved out of the house, moved right to Brooklyn Sunset Park if you know it, yep. And then I ended up traveling all over the Western United States doing volunteer trip And ever since I finished up with that, man, life just kind of feels mundane and like every day is the exact same m.
Speaker 1: And what is this day that it's the same every day? What does that day look like?
Speaker 2: I feel like I got like, wake up, eat some food, get a good work out in, go to work, play video games. Repeats. There's not much going on for me socially, and yeah, I mean maybe it's because I decided to move to a different city recently, but just things are tough out of here.
Speaker 1: Man, what city you in?
Speaker 2: I just moved to Seattle a couple months ago.
Speaker 1: All right, So when you were eighteen, you were running around, you were doing volunteer work. Your life felt like it had some color to it. What do you do for.
Speaker 2: Work right now? I do private security, Okay, I basically hold the door for a bunch of rich people.
Speaker 1: It's great it doesn't sound great. It sounds like it's making you miserable.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it makes me completely miserable. But I'm uh, I'm having a hard time breaking in industries that I feel like would be more serving for people.
Speaker 1: You know, what are those industries?
Speaker 2: Honestly a lot of like nonprofit management stuff. Like I when I was nineteen, I was cleaning up after wildfires and helping real families in California, and like that felt meaningful and like I still felt like life had a purpose and shit, and it wasn't so great all the time. But now it's kind of just like rough. You know.
Speaker 1: What is preventing you from doing things that resemble.
Speaker 2: That the American dream? Brother? It's money. It's all about money.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, okay, yeah, what well, let's get into this here. So you can't find a job like that that pays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's the big issue. Is finding a job that helps people in a way that doesn't gain shareholder value is a unique issue for me.
Speaker 1: M And what's your nut looking like? What's your nut looking like?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: How much money does it cost for you to exist?
Speaker 2: A couple grand a month? I mean, I got like a nice one bedroom apartment. I mean nice as a stretch. If there were section eighth, then it's like a section seven type deal, but like a nice one bedroom. I guess it's like thirteen hundred.
Speaker 1: A month, kay, and then what's say the seven are going towards?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I mean I make a bit more than that. I make about six grand a month, and like now it's all going basically into my savings and retirement and stuff.
Speaker 1: Cool. Okay, six grand a month is pretty damn good. That's good money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How often does a security.
Speaker 2: Get I do about six days a week.
Speaker 1: Six days a week. That's tough.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm calling it Dave Ramsey right now. I probably should have bitch more about my problems. Dude.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I feel like I'm fucking Dave Ramsey. Sometimes, like when we want to talk to me about this kind of shit, I feel like I'm but like I don't know. I don't have any business trying to talk like Dave Ramsey.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, dude, if you if you want the sound bite I had go from break up with me, childhood, dog guy and Grandma all the month and a half, I can. I can run it back for you if you.
Speaker 1: Want, well, no, Well, the reason why I get all Dave Ramsey is well, the reason why I get all Dave Ramsey is because, like, I won't deny the logistical significance of money in all of life's lightiness. Yeah, and like the logistical hurdle of it. But I also don't think it's like entirely impossible to like f shit, you know what I mean. I feel like, in general, if you want to like figure something out, like I believe strongly in in like, if there's a will, there's a way kind of shit, you know, Like, well, Dave Ramsey, but yeah, six grand a month is pretty good.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've what's been happening when you try to look for other jobs?
Speaker 2: Uh? I mean the economy sucks, that's that's a big right now. But mostly it's just you need a college degree to help people, Yeah, which is the weirdest thing to me. I mean, I did a year volunteer work through a government program, and I guess it costs a shits some of money to train up a bunch of idiots to help out in random ways. So companies don't see like a big like they don't see the investment reason for it, you know, mm hmm, Like why take on like an underqualified twenty one year old and you can get somebody with like a bachelor's in public policy or something helping out homeless people.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hm hmmmm.
Speaker 2: Mmm. But like I said, man, if you're looking for better, ammo, here I can bring up the dead grandma.
Speaker 1: Dude, whatever you want to talk about, man, I don't give it. Whatever, whatever you want to, whatever you want to get into.
Speaker 2: Man, I feel like that's that's probably contributing factors. I had a real rough fall. Is just a big it's probably a big factor as to why I feel so shitty now. Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Uh dead grandma, he said, dead grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dead grandma, dead child's a dog and girlfriend dump me all a month and a half.
Speaker 1: Why did your girlfriend dump you?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm not too sure. Actually you haven't really spoken since she just let me know. It was awaken one day and headed out.
Speaker 1: How long were you with her?
Speaker 2: About nine months?
Speaker 1: Nine months? And how long? How long is this?
Speaker 2: This is in October, so it's been it's been a minute. Well, I actually no, this was I think early September, a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Any idea as to why, any any idea whatsoever as to why you think it might not have worked out.
Speaker 2: I feel like we were just incompatible with the ways that we wanted to live our lives, even though that she was a lot more mature than the average twenty year old relationship, you know, but I don't know. She felt more materialistic about some things. I was more I guess, like chill would not owning your shit ton of stuff, Like I don't have a car. She thought I should own a car. I didn't believe in spending like a ton of money on fancy bullshit, and she was a big fan of that. So just different priorities, I guess, and like a world sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's I think that's pretty legitimate. That's a good thing. I mean, that's a good thing to get out of the way, like now after nine months. Yeah, no, that's good. That could have that could have been way worse.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're chilling on that front, dude. I think that. Uh, I think that's good because yeah, you could have gotten, you know, fucking deeper into that ship and it just would have been a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I couldn't imagine like two years down the line, You're like, hey, I'm trying to buy you a ring. What's up? And then she's like I want the child blood like blood diamonds from like Congo or whatever like that. Yeah, yeah, that would that would bother me. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you close with your grandma? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? When I was a little kid, I would spend summers at her house like all the time. She actually inspired me to do like public service stuff too.
Speaker 1: Oh really was she a.
Speaker 2: Kind of a yeah she did this, might well give your self docs. But she was a foster parent for about fifty five years. Whoa, which is insane, Like she was just foster random kids for five and a half decades, all while taking care of my dad like kids, siblings, damn. So like growing up as a little kid in that environment and like seeing how she cared for people in her neighborhood in their city, like it really affected me to want to do good. And I mean she had dementia, so like seeing her like slowly lose that ability to help and then at some point become not her anymore was pretty tough. Yeah, And I think that that might be It is like I'm trying to do fun stuff, so I don't like so like when my mind is forced me to go back to being twenty, when I'm like ninety years old, I have something fun to think about. But you know, it's tough.
Speaker 1: How old was your grandma?
Speaker 2: She was eighty five?
Speaker 1: Eighty five.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a run.
Speaker 1: As a hell of a run. I'm sorry for her loss.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: She sounds like she was a pretty good, uh, pretty good homide.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, pretty great lady. Mm hmm. I credit her a fat kid. She was. She was big on the fried chicken in the household, you know. Oh yeah, that's what she made. The part that you missed the most, dude.
Speaker 1: She made homemade fried chicken.
Speaker 2: Dude. She was from rural Louisiana in the forties. She was whipping that ship up.
Speaker 1: Oh pretty good, pretty pretty good. Hmm. All right, So you want to help people, you want to have Okay, so you saw your grandmother get dementia and then you're like, ship, I want to make sure I have good memories from my time.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think that's that was definitely a driving factor in me realizing I need to get out and start helping people and being more selfless in my day to day m hm m hm.
Speaker 1: So what about all these like, uh, what what like workaway type of shit and like can you go like be like a volunteer emt Like is there no, there's no jobs where you can go be like a volunteer firefighter or something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean I've been looking in Seattle. It's a little bit harder because they want you to do like the firefighter academy and stuff, and I'm a little bit cranked out on work to be doing that, if that makes sense. Like I work sixty four hours a week, which explains why my income is so decent, but like tough, yeah, hm.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. What about like little ways you can help people outside.
Speaker 2: Of their job. Yeah, I've actually been starting to pick up more shifts that They're a food bank in Seattle that I've been working at. Uh, they do a pretty good job in the community. I've been helping them out like once or twice a week. So like it still feels like I'm not doing an you know, like I know the average person isn't doing shit in general, like if not monetarily than time wise, but like I don't know, I feel like four hours a week of community services isn't much you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's common. I feel like you're not doing enough. I feel that way too. Hmmm, dude, I don't know, I feel like, uh, I wish I would.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm well, I'm a little stuck because I don't know what it is that you've been looking for job wise, and like I don't know what's out there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the issue with uh, like being in New York, like like you are, You're in New York, right, I'm just trying to remember. Yeah, yeah, dude, that's that's the issue. In New York. It's there are a couple of jobs that are way more easy to think about, like shit, I don't know, helping out almost people or whatever. But out here there's so much more like earthquake prevention, ship and there's like fire, there's like wild land firefighting all that stuff. It's just such an array of options just alone in the country, and like they all need people, but they're all kind of lacking, you know. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So they all need people, but they're lacking, then why are it But if they all need people, then why are you having a hard time getting that?
Speaker 2: The American job market man real tough out here. M hmm. I don't know. I saw a thing that was like you have a point six percent chance of getting an interview now when you apply to a company, which I don't want to be like I'm playing the numbers game here, but I'm definitely playing the numbers game on applications.
Speaker 1: Where are you applying? Are you like applying, are you applying to ship online? Or are you like meeting people in person?
Speaker 2: I'm throwing I'm throwing lobs online.
Speaker 1: You gotta find you gotta find a way to do ship in person. If everything you do online is just gonna get fucked, you gotta like you gotta know a guy that's that. That is the one thing that I know for sure about like getting a job is like whether you know people think that like to get like a like a job in like the entertainment industry or whatever, like you gotta like know someone on the inside, right. But that's the truth about every single job. You know, if you want to get a job at a grocery store, you gotta have a buddy that works there and to vouch for you, Like you always I feel like you always always have to know somebody you gotta like do some kind of in person networking. You gotta go to the place physically and like talk to people because if you just raw online, all that shit's gonna get filtered out by some like AI program or it's gonna be like stuck in a pile of like you know, dude, it's the differ. It's truly the difference between like going out to talk to women in real life versus using a dating app. You know, It's like it's like they're getting millions and million's good. They're get thousands and thousands of applications on hinge, Right, you gotta like go after what you want in real life somehow, or else you just get like demolished by the So I don't know where could you go in real life where you could like meet people that you could get into this industry with.
Speaker 2: I'm not I mean, I'm sure there's networking events if I looked into them. But around here there's a lot of like street people that like stand out sudden, like hey, you want to help up the ACLU or like lou lac or whatever. It's that's the nice part of being in such a blue city is there's always opportunities to find. I guess ideologically aligned groups with me and talk like people representing them. But I don't know, man, a little rough to find a job out here, Like I feel like that's gonna be my tagline for this. But uh yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you say you haven't looked into.
Speaker 2: It yet, So I mean nothing in person really, but yeah, go.
Speaker 1: Out trying to find some shit in person? What's uh, I don't know what are there? Like, there's got to be some like cheogy networking events going on in Seattle that you can go check out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, probably, I mean if I don't know any right now, I'm sure if you end up posting this, I'll probably find something in the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be great. Yeah, leave it. Leave a comment on the Spotify folks if you know anything. If that that that this gentleman can go take a look at go ahead where you said, I will say.
Speaker 2: That's That's the big appeal of your show to me is that you fostered a pretty lovely community of people you know, and like, I just want to I mean, grant, I don't if you're gonna cut this part for time, but oh, A big fan of your work didn't I think you've done a very good job.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ben. Yeah, cut that for time, get rid of that. Don't keep that on the podcast. Don't let anyone know. No, I'm just kidding. Don't You don't have to cut that, Brandon anyway? Well, what's your name again?
Speaker 2: Man? Uh?
Speaker 1: Reese? You seem like a good dude. Reese. I think you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I actually I don't say that to everyone. I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't think I say that to everyone. I don't say it to everyone. But I think you will be fine. I think you got a good heart. I'm glad people like you exist, and I hope you find a place where your Reese hood can be properly applied. Thank you, man, I take it easy, Race. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Uh?
Speaker 2: Don't let your dreams be dreams? Who? Who the fuck says that? Yeah? Give this guy money on Patreon. Pretty goods. I'm about to go do it myself, Rocker.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Reese. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Later see dude, what's up, gangsters, It's me. It's Lyle and I figure that it would be nice to end the podcast today by uh reading one single gek mail. We had a pretty long first call, decently long second call, and I want to let you guys go. I don't want to make the show too long, So let's let's read one single gek mail and then we'll get out of here. Does that sound good? Is everyone okay with that? Let's find a good one. Let's find a good one. Oh, let's see interesting. Wait now this one's too short. Sorry, all right, let's do this one. This is from Holly, subject line a letter of inspiration from Sweet's McGee. Hello, Lyle, I wanted to reciprocate some inspiration for a fellow Sweet enthusiast. I recalled an episode a while back where you mentioned the glorious Ben and Jerry's peanut Butter some'mores ice cream and had to get some for myself. Wow, I feel like I'm a bad influence. If you're listening to this, don't try the Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Smores ice cream. It'll ruin your fucking life. Don't try that, And don't try sprinkled donut Captain Crunch. I don't know if they still make that but if they do stay far away from it. Those two things will ruin your life. If you're a if you're a crazy person. Anyway, I had to get some for myself. It was a religious experience. I hope I can replicate for you. Go to a bakery and get some fresh croissants. Get some crunchy cookie butter. Usually I prefer the Kroger store brand kind that uses Speculos cookie butter, and I like it better than bisc Off, although biscoff is fine. And then get some cinnamon honey butter. Is this woman giving me a recipe?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: All can be found at any Kroger store. I usually go to fred Meyer, but I don't know if that's common for you in New York. What is this the okay? Cut the croissant in half and lay a generous spread of the cookie butter on one side and the cinnamon honey butter on the other. Microwave it for fifteen seconds exactly and enjoy. This is the melty, delicious ecstasy you've been looking for to fill that little piece of your soul where everything in life feels good for the moment. I love your show. I listen all the time for work I've called a few hundred times to no avail, but I hope this can find you on a gek mail show. Has genuinely helped me mold my perspective into a life I am much happier in, and I thank you sincerely. I have so many other sweets and tails from life I feel like you'd enjoy, so I'll keep calling. You're a wonderful lizard, and I appreciate everything you do. Take care sweet smagee. Well, thank you, thank you emailer. This is very sweet. I don't know this. I have to be super honest with you, Holly. This is way more preparation and cooking that I'm willing to do. Just to be honest with you, I'm glad I read it on the podcast because I think that it will find its way to somebody else and they'll give it a try. But I know it's pathetic that this is way more cooking that I'm willing to do, but that it is true. I think if I want something that describes this, I'll just like get a butterfinger, or I'll just get the peanut butter some Moores ice cream. Honestly having to pull a having to wash a spoon, to get in there. That's a lot of work too. No, I'm not that much of a piece of shit. I can. I can wash a spoon. I'm actually doing I shouldn't announce this, but I've been trying out a Keto diet for the last uh pretty much. I've been doing Keto pretty on and off for this whole year. Keto is when you don't eat carbs. So I've been like staying away from sweets and shit. I was on the I was on an airplane recently and I just it was a long fucking flight and I needed something, so I broke it. I got a horry bow like gummy bears because like there's nothing to you know what's stupid is I have this thing where I'm like, there's nothing to do on this flight, let me just eat, And so I get the gummy bears and that takes up about five minutes of the twenty hours that I'm in the sky for. But I somehow convinced myself that it's it's I need it to get through the flight. But nah, man, I've been If anyone's got any recipes for steaks or fucking bacon eggs, stuff like that, I'm trading high blood sugar for high cholesterol or ending up with both. We'll see what happens. But yeah, I'm I'm enjoying the keto shit. I've been enjoying not eating carbs. I've only I've done it. Uh like I'll use what I've been doing is like it's been. It'll be like a week and then I'll fuck up, and then i'll do another week, and then i'll fuck up, and I'll do another week and then I'll suck up. But I overall it's led me to eat less shit, uh naturally, which is good. Anytime I'm like doing anything where i'm I'm at least paying attention to what I eat, I'm kind of making it work. It's when you're not paying attention or not, Karen, then you just start going hamm and you start eating fucking peanut butter, s'mores whatever stuff all the time. All Right, folks, I know I said I do one, but I'll do one more. Uh if I can find a really short one, I'll do one more. Okay. This is from uh let's see here. Okay, this is from Marco. Subject line it wasn't that bad, hey, gek I've had a noisy upstairs neighbor. For two years now, I was afraid of approaching them in fear of being a dick about it. Today, their towel fell on my balcony, so I went upstairs to return it to them. It turns out they're a pretty chill lady. She says she's sorry about the noise, and we'll try to do something about it. This didn't resolve my issue with the noise, but it stopped my spiraling thoughts about that experience of facing them. Even if it's turned out bad, it would have been okay. So to whomever is avoiding an issue and spending more time thinking about something than acting upon it, one piece of advice.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 1: It makes your life a bit easier.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 1: When are you coming to Europe? I missed your last London show by a week. Ah fuck, I'm gonna try to come to Europe. I don't have any plans right now, but maybe I'll Maybe I'll do it next year. We'll see or if I get or or if I start really feeling if I start really feeling myself on tour, then I'll add a whole Europe thing. But we'll see. Anyway, No, I like this.
Speaker 2: I like this. I like this.
Speaker 1: That's how a lot of great friendships start is you start out as enemies, but then you find out that when you really get to talk to the lady, when you when you know your neighbor only when your neighbor's only manifestation of themselves is a loud, fucking TV, then yeah, you're not gonna I really like them, but once they become a real, full person, you might realize that you actually have some things in common. So I'm happy for you, Marco for making a new friend in a place where there was only animosity before. That's a nice story, folks. This has been the Therapy Gecko podcast. Thank you all for listening. Please go buy tickets to my tour. I'm touring thirty one cities across America, a few in Canada, and I'm working on material for it. I'm working on trying to make it a good show and I think you guys will have fun. I'm excited about it. Go to Therapy geckotour dot com to get tickets, or check the link in the episode description. Thank you guys very much for listening to this show. Appreciate it. We're still going strong. We're still talking to people, We're still reading emails, We're still learning about life, and uh, it's been a beautiful, wonderful, epic journey. I appreciate you guys for sticking with me on it. Ghek Bless you all and have a good rest of your day. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Beacon goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 6: De Beacon goes to What to Hide.
Speaker 1: He's teaching you cloud in the mim of your life. Money's not ready, an expert