Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look now at some stocks making news in the week ahead. I'm Alexis Christophers with Tatiana Dari, a Bloomberg strategist for Markets Live. Tatiana, you brought three names with you. Let's begin with if you're a pet owner, you know them well.
Speaker 3: Chewy Chewey exactly. Chewey will report fourth quarter earnings and next week, and analysts are expecting a solid profit increase versus the year ahead, and that may come to help the stock revive some of that momentum because it has come under pressure this year on concerns over growth and the profitability outlook for this year and next year. And analyst and Morgan Stanley expect this print to set the tone for the year ahead. And they expect full your guidance of about seven to seven and a half of revenue growth. So remember that number because anything less than that could come to pressure the stock again. The company you know has named a new CFO in February reaffirmed its financial outlook, so it has tailwinds in place. Its revenue has been steadily climbing through the years, even as we've seen consumers come under pressure from all prices rising elsewhere. Basically, so has it has a momentum there. It's just that when people are looking ahead, they're concerned about consumers pulling back now with high oil prices, So we sort of need to see revenue outlook and that guidance be lifted so that the stock investors feel more reassured.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting when you talk about consumer spending, because sometimes we'll pull back on things for ourselves, but I think history has shown people don't know, necessarily pull back for their pets. They're still going to pay for their pets. Also, they have their Chewy vet clinics that I guess are in stores. I understand that's going to be a bigger part of the Chewy story, I guess in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, a push there. And they also have their sort of revenue or their online platform or you can schedule deliveries, and that's also been a big focus for the company and for the stock. But yet again, as those growth concerns have been battering the stock. It will be very important for them to go back to what analysts have been saying to a bet and raise cadence, which they have not had in recent quarters. We have a great function on the terminal where you could see how results have been coming in pitted against expectations, and five or four of the past five have not really been great. The last one was better, which sets up hopes that this one will come in also better than next part.
Speaker 2: And just want to add Morgan Stanley kept its overweight rating on Chewy, trimming its price target to fifty dollars from fifty one, saying the stock is offering a quote compelling entry point following its recent decline. So Chewy on the move here in the coming week. Also, beyond Meat, which I know is dropping the name meat from its from its official title, right, tell us what we can expect there.
Speaker 3: Well, the maker of alternative meat product is also did to report, but expectations here are much lower because they've already reported preliminary revenue and it came below expectations. With that, they also said that they will delay the filing of their ten K annual report because the company requires additional time to complete a review and analysis related to its inventory balances. And you know when you get messages like that, that always books the market. And this is something that this company did not need because if you look at the long term chart, the stock has fallen dramatically since it's much talk to IPO in twenty nineteen. It's lost more than ninety percent of its value since then. So it really doesn't have a good story. It keeps getting worse, and it doesn't have a good track record when it comes to earnings either. Four of the past five quarters have seen earnings really disappoint expectations and shares fall as a result. So the bar is pretty high here for a surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I know they're trying to expand beyond fake meat. They're rebranding as Beyond the Plant Protein Company. They're introducing these new products like high protein sparkling drinks and what they call simplified plant protein foods. We'll see if it's you know, that's what it takes to turn things around. All right, let's squeeze Carnival in here. The cruise line. How are they doing or how are they expected to do?
Speaker 3: Carnival reports before the bell on March twenty seven. What the street wants to know here is how much will higher oil prices impact its year head of look, this is sort of the big question when it comes to earning forecasts, just overall. In the S and P five hundred, but specifically to Carnival, Morgan Stanley identified the name as the most exposed among cruise liners to oil prices because it does not hedge, which they reckon that this would translate into about a forty five hit hit to its EPs outlook, or that's about a twenty percent hit to its overall guidance if you want to think in percentage terms. Okay, well, if you look at the stock, that's about how much it has fallen since the war has started. So basically you could argue that the market has baked that in already. Okay, But although this is an estimate, not a confirmation from the company, so we'll have to see if that comes in sort of a higher or lower than expected. But the point is that the market has already baked in some bad news. Now we have to see how bad will the news actually be.
Speaker 1: The stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.