Speaker 1: Welcome to the Truth with Lisa Booth, where we try.
Speaker 2: To get to the heart of what matters for you. Today, we're diving into the chaos in Los Angeles with Town Hall columnists and retired Army Colonel Kurt Schlichter, and is provocative piece titled the La Chaos is an Illusion and Trump will not follow for it. Kurt argues that the unrest is a staged color revolution designed to intimidate and push a narrative that Trump's enforcement of federal law enforcement is causing the disorder, not trying to solve it. And we'll also unpack who's behind it, the role of the media, and why Kurt believes Trump's strength will outmaneuver this calculated chaos. Let's get to the truth with Kurt Schlichter. Stay tuned well, Kurt, it's great to have you on the show. I appreciate you making the time today.
Speaker 3: It's great to be here.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me on the eve of the two hundred and fifty eighth anniversary of the decisive military force in the United States Arsenal, the United States Army.
Speaker 5: What do you think because he's you.
Speaker 2: Know, Trump's being criticized for having this military parade obviously, you know they're all calling him a dictator.
Speaker 5: What do you think about it? What do you make of it?
Speaker 4: I think I'm kind of proud that I spent twenty seven years in this organization, part of the military that was the greatest engine of human freedom in mankind's history. And I think it's tacky and small of the haters to, you know, try and leverage some short term gain, when in fact, we should honor the folks who've sacrificed.
Speaker 3: So much for us.
Speaker 2: Also, isn't it important that our enemies see the might of the United States military as well?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's one great thing about Donald Trump, as I'm sure we're going to cover. This guy is the best communicator we've had since at least Reagan and if not, if not preceding Ronald Reagan. And you know, marching battalions of M one tanks down Pennsylvania Avenue is a message to the rest of the world that we're not playing anymore, that this is a military, not a petri dish of bizarre social pathologies like it was under Biden. Pete Hank Seth has got us back to our killing roots. I love to see him out there doing Pete with the troops, including you remember Mungo the super Soldier. I just I mean, the the optics are incredible, and I'm so pleased that our forces are getting back to what they do best, which is deterring our enemies and if necessary, decisively defeating them.
Speaker 2: Well you know better than me, but I think even with seeing the Secretary of Defense work out with or military men and women like that has to boost morale.
Speaker 3: Yes, with troops, I.
Speaker 2: Would imagine of like, hey, look, I've been one of you. I'm with you because I know that there's well, I know there's been this like kind of long standing friction between like the boots and the.
Speaker 5: Suits in the military.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And so I think Pete Hegseth sort of represents the boot's side of the military that doesn't always get represented at the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: I think that's a I think that's a very good way to put it, Lisa. I think that you know, sometimes you need a Rumsfeld or a competent version of Macnamarason with greeneye, say, someone who knows processes, someone who could talk about details, and sometimes you need a guy who just kicks. But the problem the number one problem in our military was not acquisition. It was not trying to come up with strategy. It was not even it was not even organization or administration, although those were all problems. It was the fact we stopped being a military organization. You're not a Rhea's military organization. If some dude in address demands you call him mam okay, you're a serious organization. If you could take a battalion of guys and have them stick bayonets and the guts of the enemy's that's the difference. Pete hag Seth's combat Infantry badge, he was a major.
Speaker 3: He was out there doing it.
Speaker 4: The troops see it, and the troops see that a guy like Donald Trump respects them. I mean, I watch him stand in front of the guys in the maroon berets yesterday eighteen. They are born corps. These are paratroopers, right, I'm just a five jump chump. I just jumped out five times. Got my badge. Never did it. These guys have twenty thirty fifty jumps each. They are hardcore dudes. And they were going crazy for the president. Troops go crazy for a great leader.
Speaker 3: And this isn't new. Alexander the Great led his men into battle.
Speaker 4: Julius Caesar had the civic crown for being the first guy over the wall. I mean, Pete Hegseth is a guy who leads by example. Twenty years ago, when I was a cavalry squadron commander, I got my forty year old booty out there and I ran pt tests with my troops, and I remember Sergeant Major just lighten up this private probably eighteen or nineteen, going how the hell could you let that old man run faster than you? But my troops saw me out there doing everything they did, although it kicked my tail, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Tell you, and I couldn't even do it. I couldn't do it today I'm long retired. I couldn't do it. But if you're going to lead, you have to lead.
Speaker 5: That's the key.
Speaker 3: And that's what we're learning again.
Speaker 2: Well, and we're saying that you know leadership right now in LA which sort of brings me to that part of the discussion of the writing that we're seeing in Los Angeles. You wrote a column about it. First of all, talk about your back ground that shaped your perspective on all this, and then also like why do you think this is happening.
Speaker 4: Well, sure, let me give you the background. When I got out of off active duty from Desert Storm, I went in the California Army National Guard. I did a driller tooth. Then I did three weeks on the streets during the riots.
Speaker 3: Right. I was in the battown. I was a lieutenant.
Speaker 4: I was in the battalion commander's vehicle going from place to place. I saw the whole city on fire. That was a kinetic operation. We were out there to use We were mobilized federally under the Insurrection Act to use force to essentially beat the hell out of the rioters and force them to go home, which was easy because most of my troops were from South Central. These are the guys whose town was being burned down. And I've got to tell you, Lisa, not a lot of pity for the gangsters, scumbags, junkies and looters. Okay, we shut that down Pronta. When I got out of there, I was still going.
Speaker 3: To law school.
Speaker 4: I had to interrupt my law school finals to go out and do riot duty. I wrote a Law Review article, the first published law Review article on military supports to civilian operations. So this is why when I hear somebody going off about posse coomatadis, I'm like, okay, this is an IQ test because he's not going to know what he's talking about. I later I did other operations Northridge earthquake. Commanded about fourteen hundred thirteen fourteen hundred troops in northern San Diego during the fires in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: So I've done this stuff.
Speaker 4: I also was deputy commander and sometimes acting commander of the brigade that they mobilized.
Speaker 3: Those great National guardsmen. You see, those were my guys ten years ago or twelve years ago.
Speaker 4: And I was so happy to see him. You know, I still had that colonel's eye, Lisa. So I'm looking at him. I'm going, Okay, are they in the right uniform? Is there equipped?
Speaker 3: Dees?
Speaker 2: Therall the new Some doesn't think that they're in conditions right now are good enough for them? I'm at, oh, no, No, they've got.
Speaker 3: A roof and they've got they're sleeping on a floor. Well, you know, thank you. You know, General Newsome.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, I spent six months living in the desert with a dirt floor and a scorpion for a roommate okay, you know for the first forty eight seventy two hours. Yeah, you're gonna you're gonna sit on the pavement. That's okay, all right, they're infantry men.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: It's not a bunch the ssri ritten Chardonay's swilling wine women who make up the key components of California's Democrat Party.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, this isn't the French laundry, right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, all right.
Speaker 4: And and you know, I know the commander of the brigade, now he worked for me. Right right now, he is telling his S four that's the Logistics Operation Operations officer. I want cots in there. I want hot coffee and silver bullets. I want you know, I want hot food. Make it happen, Major, and that majors gonna do it. That's what we do. So this idiocy about all the poor soldiers, I'm the soldier's friend, our friend.
Speaker 3: Good God. And remember if they're not prepared.
Speaker 4: Who's the commander of chief of the California Army National Guard before it's federalized.
Speaker 3: It's it's Gavin Newsome.
Speaker 4: Now I happen to know the leadership of the Cowguard. They're taking care of their soldiers and they're doing the job. And I want to emphasize they are not political. The ries and I'm talking about this stuff is because I'm retired. They aren't giving their opinions. They're following the orders of their chain of command because they're pros.
Speaker 3: And you can see it. You can see it with the soldiers.
Speaker 4: Standing there, completely professional, handling their weapons right, looking like soldiers, even as that horrible monster maxid Waters sits and berates them.
Speaker 3: And they're and they're not you know, they're just not reacting.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud of them, and we should all be so proud of these great troops.
Speaker 1: We've got to take a quick commercial break.
Speaker 5: More with Kurt on the other side.
Speaker 2: Why won't Newsom step by? Why are Democrats doubling down on this? And you know, I mean, obviously he's trying to be like the face of the Democrat resistance against Trump with all of this, So why why is he letting his city burn?
Speaker 4: Well, because we'll keep in mind, the rioters are the militarized wing of the Democrat Party. And when I say that, you know, think about it. How does the goal of the rioters differ from the goal of the Democrat Party. Yeah, Karen pass out there saying, well, you know, you know you we can't ye, the only way to stop the violence is to.
Speaker 3: Give in and uh.
Speaker 4: To to them, essentially, don't keep your campaign promises. So now we don't have a democracy. Of course, you know, she spent a lot of time in Cuba. She's literally a communist, so she doesn't like democracy.
Speaker 3: But just go with me.
Speaker 4: How do we have a democracy if we have one major party suggesting that political change must follow from acts of violence and intimidation.
Speaker 3: They want the same thing. Now, they're not exactly now.
Speaker 4: While the rioters are the cats paws of the Democrats, they're kind of you know, they can be dangerous too, and they're not fully aligned. So sometimes you have trouble because they get out of control.
Speaker 3: And what happened is true.
Speaker 4: Trump mobilizes the military, shows strength, but has the military secure federal sites. They're just doing site protection. The folks who are out there confronting rioters are Gavin Newsome and Karen Bass's people. They're the LA PD, LA Sheriff's Office, the California Highway Patrol, and they look completely inept. So what happens is it's not working the information operation. Remember it's not kinetic like in the LA riots, where you were using violence and power to obtain a result.
Speaker 3: What they're doing is they're.
Speaker 4: Having violence to send a message to the American people, which says you must submit to us. Donald Trump, like I said, the best communicator ever sees that sends his own message. No, I'm sending the military in, I'm not backing down and wins the information fight. Gavin Newsom looks.
Speaker 3: Like do you think that?
Speaker 5: But do you think that will work?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's got to be some people, particularly in California, they're like, oh, man, if only Trump would, you know, stop the deportations and this madness would stop. So I mean, like, you know, I don't know who will prevail in that messaging.
Speaker 3: Ward.
Speaker 4: Well, look there, look there are a lot of leftist people in California, obviously, but a lot of Californians are getting tired of the continuous failure from Gavin Newsom, everything from a high speed rail to nowhere to fires. You know, they've issued twenty four permits in five months to rebuild.
Speaker 3: Out of seventy seventy five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, congratulate now, I don't care about say something like, oh, we're moving really quickly and then help me. You know, my five is this, dude, I didn't vote for them. I don't live in the city of La Okay. I live down by the beach, and I'm surrounded by like these liberal wine women, you know on the signs that say hey, it has no home here.
Speaker 3: You think any of them are going to let their cops tolerate this nonsense? No, no, that doesn't happen here. Now.
Speaker 4: The people who vote for this don't don't feel the uh, they don't feel the consequences of it. But you know, Gavin News, it's just a complete disaster. And I think on a national level, you know, the regime media is trying to help by sending a message, Oh, there's trying to chaos. No, no, no, there's no chaos. Are very little. It's downtown where there are a few hipsters and a bunch of homeless people and the court buildings, so you have to go down there as a lawyer.
Speaker 3: That's where it's happening. A few outside tais.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen a single disruption here in La Most people haven't. Ninety nine percent of us will not see any It's all an information on operation designed to show hey, Trump's causing chaos. And Trump simply stands up and goes, now, I'm going to stand against the chaos. Your move, Gavin, And you know he's running his hand through his perfectly quaffed hair, going, what the hell do I do?
Speaker 3: I guess I'll tweet more.
Speaker 2: But how organized are these I mean, do you think it's being potentially.
Speaker 3: Funded or yes?
Speaker 2: Or what do you think is behind to sort of the coronation aspect of all this.
Speaker 4: Look, there's a network of these leftist activists who fund these This is why these things pop up all over the country.
Speaker 3: So we see it again and again. They always pop up.
Speaker 4: They always have the same tactics, techniques, procedures. They have a built in logistics system, built in administrative system, and a built in funding system, and.
Speaker 3: They do it all over the place. But here's the difference, and this is great.
Speaker 4: Right for twenty years overseas during the War on Terror, Afghanistan, Iraq, elsewhere, we spend our time learning how to map enemy networks, right funders, killers, administrators. We learned how to figure that out. We've got computer programs to do it. Why do you think palunteer stock is going through the roof.
Speaker 3: We know how to do it.
Speaker 4: We now have the Department of Justice right focused back on protecting American people instead of hassling moms for going to the school board and telling transsexuals, maybe you should leave my kids alone.
Speaker 3: These guys have.
Speaker 4: Had had to expose themselves to do all this stuff here in Los Angeles. Now the spotlights on them. Now we're going to see the FBI focus on them. I think we're going to see some major funders get busted for, among earthings, conspiracy to interfere with federal law enforcement across state lines, or commit crimes across state lines.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to see that.
Speaker 4: And I think the way it's played out is very smart. Trump has not used the military forces in such a way as to get an overreaction, which is a classic way for leftists to win the information battle.
Speaker 3: He's left it all to the.
Speaker 4: LAPD, and he's arresting actual criminals. We've got a great public relations machine going where, you know, they arrest these guys and suddenly you see, okay, this is you know, Joe Gonzalez. He has been arrested for ludacs with a child welfare fraud, carrying a gun. We're going to port him. And normal people look at and go.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh good.
Speaker 4: They put the guy who threw bricks at the ICE officers on the most wanted list, part of an information war Lisa. Now, normal people, you know who watched you know, FBI on the you know, one of the fifty FBI shows on CBS every week, look at that and go oh, he must be a bad guy. In fact, he is a bad guy. But we're reinforcing the message that these are not good guys. They're not innocent protesters trying to make their voices heard. There's scumbag criminals. And they help us with all the with all the waving the flags of their homelands that they love so much they'd never go back except kicking and screaming. These the Democrats have really screwed up because they've come up against a master communicator who has surrounded themselves himself by people who know how to play the information warfare game. And they are losing once again. They are on the twenty side of an eighty twenty issue and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's this argument after the first administry or his first term, during twenty twenty and you know the George Floyd riots, that he should have sent the National Guarden, that he should have been more aggressive in stopping you know, all the chaos that we were seeing. I guess you know what's the better strategy, like stopping it or just letting these cities burn, because that's what they voted for.
Speaker 4: I think you have to I think he's very smart by refusing to take on the responsibility of the local governments. The local governments, like I said, are at least unofficially in cahoots with the rioters. Right, he watched a burn down Minneapolis. The mayor of Minneapolis, the governor of Minneapolis all agreed with them. There is not a single political policy that Tim Waltz and the rioters who burned down those police stations disagreed on. So what Trump does is say, we're going to do federal things, so we're going to use those tools. But if you're going to let violence happen on your streets, that's your problem. You know, Gavin Newsom still has about fifteen thousand soldiers he can activate out of the California National Guard. I know, I was director of personnel for the California Army guard for a while before I retired. Okay, he could bring those up on state active duty under his command if he wanted. He just isn't sure he wants right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, you would think that Democrats would understand that most Americans probably won't take kindly to the visual of foreigners in our country lighting things on fire and then waving their home flag.
Speaker 5: Well for their own country.
Speaker 2: You would think that, you know, that would be considered bad optics.
Speaker 4: Well, you would think, But remember, Lisa, remember last time you hung out with Arena and I and some of our friends looked at you, see a leftists. We don't hang out with leftists. They don't hang out with us. They don't know anything about us or our mindset. They're only talking to each other. They're watching MSNBC. They are literally in a bubble where they can convince themselves that, you know, third world invaders rating waving the banners of their garbage homelands are going to inspire normal Americans as they set fire to.
Speaker 3: Things and and rob Apple stores.
Speaker 5: They're nuts.
Speaker 3: They are completely disconnected from normal human activity. Okay, they don't know anything about their people. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I was watching I was reading a tweet about Larry Sabato, So I can't believe Trump is forcing all these soldiers to cheer for them and Fort Benning or Fort Bragg.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, do you know anybody who's ever been in the military, Larry, do you know.
Speaker 4: Anything besides your your buddies on campus, your buddies in the green room at m's NBC. They literally don't know. Now, there's two guys out there who are smart. Bettererman came out there, said or Federman and said, hey, you know, we can't do you know, we can't support burning and looting.
Speaker 3: Very very smart.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I guest hosted for Hugh hew and Oes radio show yesterday.
Speaker 4: I had Roe Kahanna or Kana who is northern California, and he's.
Speaker 5: Like, relatively normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean super left. But he said, no, totally, that's that's unacceptable, and no hedging. No, well, you know the first he's like, no, no, no, you can't burn and loot. That's not okay.
Speaker 3: It's so obvious and it's so easy. But the leftists.
Speaker 6: Are are they made made their ideology kind of such a quasi religion to actually say, hey, you guys, are you know my allies are wrong is almost heresy.
Speaker 3: They're afraid to do it.
Speaker 2: Why why are Democrats making it their mission to double down on the legal immigrants?
Speaker 5: Like even the whole you know, he saw the marilynd Man who.
Speaker 2: Was just your you know, friendly ol Salvadoran who you know, as part of human smuggling, who allegedly beat his girlfriend and.
Speaker 4: Maybe all that totly if you believe her sworn statements.
Speaker 2: Allegedly took part in the murdering of a rival gang's mom.
Speaker 3: You know, like well, don't forget the kitty porn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the kitty porn.
Speaker 3: So mean, why why But it's.
Speaker 2: Like, but even beyond that, like even let's say he's like not involved in all this stuff, why double down on the legal immigrants.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there's a cop, Like I said, they you know, after nineteen sixty eight and getting.
Speaker 3: And losing the Nixon they went hard left.
Speaker 4: After or Carter lost to Reagan, they went hard left in eighty four.
Speaker 3: That's what Democrats do.
Speaker 4: They look at a situation where they lost and go, oh, well, the answers to do all the things that made us lose, except only harder.
Speaker 3: So that's part of it. That's their normal inclination.
Speaker 4: They are in a bubble and it's very hard to break out of it. The other thing is they're just not very impressive people. They're not that smart. You know, you see somebody like Fetterman or Kana who have the courage to do something that is so obvious. I mean, even if you want to be cynical, you get up there and say no, we can't you know, we can't have violence.
Speaker 3: Stop. You have to stop. I'm not gonna talk about anything else. You need to stop, and they can't even do that.
Speaker 4: The thing is they also are not served well anymore by owning the regime media because they're never challenged. You know, if there were normal reporters out there going, are you saying that Donald Trump's to blame for them raiding that foot locker and stealing all the shoes? Well, I mean there are dumb Democrats. I mean, you know Ted Lou's my congressman.
Speaker 3: He's an idiot. But you know, most.
Speaker 4: Normal people would go, yeah, I'm not going to say that's Trump's fault because I look like a fool. But the regime media will never challenge them. So you have dumb people who are never challenged to have have no way to learn and no outside connection.
Speaker 3: It's it's a real mess for them.
Speaker 4: It's making me optimistic about twenty six and twenty eight, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Quick break more on these crazy riots.
Speaker 2: I feel like heading into the election, I used to feel like the Democrats controlling, controlling like the media and big tech at the time, although that's changed, Hollywood and like sort of all the you know, places where most Americans get their nation flow. I used to think that that was tour detriment and would mean that we wouldn't win elections, and now after the election, to your point, I think it's actually to our positive or tour benefit, because, as you pointed out, they've created their own echo chamber that they can't seem to escape, and so they don't understand where most Americans are on the issue.
Speaker 3: Hold, no, they don't.
Speaker 4: They've also forced us to create our own independent sources, of which your podcast is won. Twenty years ago, there wouldn't be a podcast like yours. It wouldn't be there wouldn't be a podcast period. But you know, you had.
Speaker 3: Very narrow silos where you could get.
Speaker 4: You know, patriotic, pro American kind of information.
Speaker 3: Right now, we've had to build them.
Speaker 4: I mean, the whole Fox network was designed to get around this problem, and their media strategy is really a twentieth century media strategy. You look at the networks, you look at The Post and the Times, and it's like they think it's nineteen ninety three, where there's nobody who's going to be able to.
Speaker 3: Tell the truth.
Speaker 4: But they're operating in a twenty twenty five environment where we've got a zillion sources, including but not limited to X where we can find information. So nobody respects the mainstream media anymore because it's it's a joke.
Speaker 2: You know, before we go where I mean, obviously you know there are going to be a protests over the weekend in response to the military parade. We're already saying, you know, some chaos breakout elsewhere in the country, Like where is this heading and how bad do you think it's going to get.
Speaker 3: There's two choices.
Speaker 4: The first choice is to double down and accelerate the violence, take it to a new level, which happened in the early seventies. We actually had a low level insurgency in the United States with thousands of bombings and you know, hundreds of murders, the Weathermen, Simonese Liberation Army, Black Panthers were actually out killing people, okay, and that.
Speaker 3: Did work out very well for the left. The other option is to.
Speaker 4: Do what they did after twenty twenty, which is okay, everybody, calm down, you're kind of hurting the cause.
Speaker 3: While the far.
Speaker 4: Left activist crowd that goes out on the streets is not directly controlled by the Democrat Party, it does take a hint and if the Democrats decide this is this is killing us, they will disappear until next time.
Speaker 5: But why are they.
Speaker 2: So geared towards violence? I mean, because you're right. You can go back to the weather Underground and then know, Obama piled around with I'm forgetting his name off the top of my head, but like one of the.
Speaker 5: Bill Airs, Bill Airs, it's right, And then that was like, I guess totally fine with everyone, but it's like why why are they you know?
Speaker 2: And then you can just go through like a long list of things that the Tesla bombings, the pregnancy center bombings, the attempted assassination of Steve Scleeze and other Republicans on practicing for the Congressional baseball game, or Lee Zeldon almost getting stabbed while running for governor, or someone trying to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh, or two attempted assassinations of Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: It's like, why are they so violent?
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes it's effective, not all the time, but sometimes it scares people. It intimidates people, and they react to it. But here's what I really think it is. In large part, it's fun. They enjoy it. They get to be the action hero for their own perverted, weird ideology. Okay, there's a reason Chay's picture is up on a thousand dorm room wall. He's not ugly, he's romantic, he's exciting. You know, so many of these people, Lisa, come from very wealthy backgrounds. They're pampered, their lives are soft. It's easy. This allows them to be the knights and shining armor. They get to do something edgy and cool and exciting.
Speaker 3: And you know, it is exciting. I I've been in war zones.
Speaker 4: There is a feeling when you are in conflict that you can't get in your normal life.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know it.
Speaker 4: Sounds glib, but a lot of them do it because it's fun.
Speaker 3: They enjoy it.
Speaker 5: And then before we go is there anything else you want to leave us with.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I think that this is I think we're very lucky we have a leader like Donald Trump. And I'm not trying to be mister Trump his tail. He is a great communicator, and he also is strong. And these guys are conducting an information operation only because they don't have the power to conduct a kinetic operation. They don't have essentially the guns to force people to do what they want. They keep talking about revolution. If they had the combat power to do it, they would come in kill people and force us to comply. Here, they've got to convince us to comply. They have to make us comply by changing our minds, by changing the narrative. Trump understands that he understands the power of a strong, legitimate government standing up and saying no, we will not bend your threats. We will not bend to your intimidation. We are going to execute the law, and you illegal aliens are going home.
Speaker 2: Firt Schlichter, appreciate you taking the time to come on the show, my friend, and hope to catch up soon.
Speaker 3: I hope so too. Thanks a lot, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That was Kurt Schlichter with town Hall We appreciate him taking the time to come on the show. Appreciate you guys at home for listening every Tuesday and Thursday
Speaker 5: But you can listen throughout the week until next time.