Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Tuesday. Come on in stay a while, Gang's all here, ready to go, Fired up. Got some topics. Usually it gets a little dry certain months of the year. Sports topics get a little drier, and then if you have a story, it metastasizes because there's no other story that's going to compete with it. But this is a big story today, It's going to be a big story for probably the next couple of weeks, and that is the push tush, the brotherly shove. It's going to come up and eventually it'll get at the combine. There'll be a lot of chatter and then all of a sudden, we're going to decide if the owners the competition committee want to move forward with this. But you had the Green Bay Packers, according to Diana Russini, who they set a proposal to remove the push tush and so or tush push or is it push tush whatever? Don't I think you're doing both this basically this pushing the tush or you're toushing the push. Absolutely well, somebody's tush is getting pushed. And then in fact, a couple of them are, if you think about it, plush tush, Yes, the push tush. Hey, your push tushing stop it. Uh but this is where you had to have somebody come forward and put their name to it and say, hey, we would like to get rid of the push tush or the tush puck. How about brotherly shove? How's that? Since it's all about Philadelphia. By the way, come on in stay a while you're watching on Peacock. Thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio in some cities, ESPN Radio as well. Stat of the Day brought you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. First Down, we'd brought to you by Mako. Your car could use a little TLC and that's what they do. They bring your car back to life. Affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako Jay Jay what will join us? Coming up next hour? We'll get his thoughts on this play should it be outlawed? And it's going to come down to the following, Is it dangerous? Is their data to support this? Because I don't think it's fair to the Philadelphia Eagles because they have mastered this where you have a great offensive line, a very powerful running back, quarterback, and you have somebody behind the quarterback pushing. I don't think it's fair to the Eagles to outlaw it. But this is what I think the NFL will try to do. It's a boring play, it's a predictable play. It's like the extra point. It's boring, it's predictable. Then all of a sudden they moved it back and now it's not boring or predictable. They want you to stay in front of the TV set. They don't want to go, oh, touchdown, all right, don't need to watch the extra point, don't need to watch the kickoff. They don't you glued to the TV set. But this comes down to the Eagles have mastered it. Nobody else has, and therefore I can't penalize the Eagles because they've mastered something that nobody else has. The one thing that I would do if you really wanted to be a stickler for this, and you wanted to do it under the umbrella of hey, safety first in the NFL, then you don't allow a player to be behind Jalen Hurts pushing him. It's just a quarterback sneak, and that's been part of the NFL for decades, the quarterback sneak. You can't outlaw the quarterback sneak. The problem I have with it is the big lineman behind Jalen Hurts, who's doing the pushing behind him. If you want to get rid of that. Okay, I still think the Eagles, even though it's predictable and it's boring, will still be successful. All right, Well, come up with the poll question, play of the day, stat of the day. The combine kind of gets underway today kind of. This is where you got some interviews that are going on medicals for kickers also return men, I believe, having their interviews in medicals. Let's go okay, oh Dan, Yeah, this is where the NFL network is still setting up as these guys are trying to do their things, like coming through here we go. Wait a minute, I'm doing an interview in here. Yeah. Yeah, we got to get some cable. We got to get all this ready for Thursday. Here. Here's what I want to ask, and we don't ask this, but I think we should. When it comes to hand size, do we make a big deal about a punter. And how about foot size? I'm being serious. Do they measure feet? I don't know if they do, I haven't seen anything. I don't know what Russell Erkslabn's shoe size was when he was kicking, or Morten Anderson or Adam vint Terry. I don't know. Is it a nine and a half? Is it a thirteen and a half. If you're a punter, how big is your foot? Well? Feet? What about hands? I think it was barstool maybe pft who brought up they should measure finger length, not hand sized, he'd cut. Yes, once again, these are the things if we really want to you know, you know, drill down deeply here, like how much do we really want to know about your measurables? Yes, Paul I went back and looked.
Speaker 3: I've got the official NFL Combined Stats page, which gives you readouts for everybody in the past.
Speaker 2: Okay, remember the punter two.
Speaker 3: Years ago for Iowa, that all pro, all star punter they had, Tory Taylor. He was measured, They did arm length and hand size. They did not measure his feet.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if nobody made a big deal about somebody's hand size as a punter. How many times we've seen the punter have the ball go through his hands happens? I don't know if it's that important. I don't do you want your punter to do bench presses? You know? A lot of this is silly, it is, but it does fill up a lot of time because if the combine was held in a different like in January or March April like, it wouldn't get as much attention. But there's a lot of things that are going on at the combine and really nothing else that's going to compete with it, and therefore we'll be glued to it. We can't wait to watch the defensive lineman out of Texas A and M how fast did he run the three cone drill? We get so caught up in it, And really it's silly to me because the tape doesn't lie what you do on tape. That's what I want to see when you do it against competition, And how are you in an interview? And what are your medicals? That's what I care about. And then I'm gonna do my background check. I'm going to talk to your teammates, I'm going to talk to the equipment manager. I'll do my due diligence there. But the stuff at the combine, it's filler, that's all it is. It's filler, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: On the schedule today, Dan, just to pump you up for the combine. Placekicker, defensive line, linebacker, medical exams, and team interviews. Defensive back and tight end team interviews today.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, no broadcasts, no interviews in public, no interviews, So nothing really going on probably until Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday is that when it heats.
Speaker 3: Up on Yeah, heats up on field stuff. But the one thing you will see today is coaches, head coaches and general managers are talking to the media, so they may get some fall out later today and tomorrow from that.
Speaker 2: And also when you get the gms and coaches together, this is when things happen. And let's say Miles Garrett wants to be traded or you want to propose a trade. Now you can do it face to face. Now you can say, hey, come on my room, I got some things I want to say to you. Maybe if Matthew Stafford's representative is there, maybe you're talking to teams there. You know, the Steelers have made an inquiry to Matthew Stafford. The Giants reportedly have done that. Now you get a chance to say, hey, let's talk about this. I don't think you'll see Matthew Stafford there, but his representative could be there. And a lot of things get done. When you put everybody together and it's twenty four to seven, then that's when sometimes you'll get the groundwork, the foundation for moves that are going to be made. You'll also get the groundwork foundation maybe for what will happen with the tush Push. I did it, I got it right, Thank you, Thank you doing big boy things here just in time for them to get rid of the play and I'm just mastering it right now. All right. So poll question today seton what do you have for the first hour?
Speaker 4: Well, I would like to go with for the first hour today, the green Bay Packers are dot dot dot heroes or zeros.
Speaker 2: Wow okay. Diana Rossini's reporting two sources that the Green Bay Packers of the team that came forward to say let's outlaw the Toushpush. Okay, Todd Packers heroes or zeros. The Packers are zeros, Seaton heroes there zeroes zeros. Marvin Zero's heroes. They're saying what needed to be said. Thank y'all, give up your bodies. Cancel that play you always you could, you could play that SoundBite from that guy as if he is talking about the tushbush. Wait the next question, Jeff, where are you right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just want to thank each and ever you want to know for all you he's.
Speaker 1: It's still really to be damn it. I'll thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: They're awesome. Thank you so much, mister for saying what needed to be saying. Quartermacks, quarterbacks nes just still real to me. Damn it.
Speaker 1: Another one of these, you.
Speaker 2: See, Chris Jones neck, this is one to get rid of the George Fos. I just want to thank mister proper respect. Take it easy. Take it easy there, fell Pence, Take it easy there, fella. All right, Packers are heroes. I don't know that feels zero ish that, uh hey, we can't stop them? Can you help us stop them by taking the play out of out of the playbook?
Speaker 3: Camp Paul, I think the NFL needed a team to complain about it, to put it on the docket agenda. So I think the Packers did the NFL a solid either, intentionally or unintentionally.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you have other teams doing that? You all need one to open the door, you know, But why wouldn't other teams join forces with the Packers zeros?
Speaker 3: You want to be in a part of a segment on the dam Patricks so often, they're probably gonna get a fifth round draft pick compensatory for you.
Speaker 2: Get a punter that's pushing it. Paul, Yeah, yeah, okay, thank you, Tom. Let's see Mavericks at the Lakers tonight. It'd be a whole lot more interesting if it was the Lakers at the Mavericks and Anthony Davis was playing in this game. I have some over unders from DraftKings. I'll have that for you coming up. And oh, by the way, performance from the Joker last night he had nineteen assists. He's the center, And I thought, okay, how often does this happen? So I went back and I go who has the most assist from the center position in a game in NBA history? And it happened in nineteen six Will Chamberlain. Will Chamberlain once led the NBA in assist I think he led in just about every category possible except for free throw percentage. He was a terrible free throw shitter, So twenty one assist, and then you go Joker at nineteen. Then after that it's Will Chamberlain at nineteen. Then after that it's Joker, Joker, Joker, joker, Joker, Joker, joker, Joker, Will Chamberlain, Joker, Joker, joker, joker, Joker, Joker, joker, joker, joker, joker, Joker, Will Chamberlain, Will Chamberlain, Joker, Joker, Joker. Stat of the Day, Sat of the day, that past stat of the day, Stat of the day, Here comes that what stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official Trading Cards of the Dan Patrick Show. And it's not like that's all he does. I mean, he's giving you pretty much a triple double. He's averaging a triple double. But he does it in a way that you're almost, I don't know, you're not surprised by anything. Nineteen assists, the all time record is twenty one, and you get the feeling if Joker wanted to get the record, he could get the record. I don't know if the numbers mean anything to it. I think he enjoys the mind game, the chess game of basketball. And as long as he continues to enjoy that, he'll continue to be the best player in the game. It's not like he's slowing down or he doesn't jump as high anymore. This is who he is. He plays old man basketball and he's the best player in the game. Now, he's not going to win the MVP because there's voter fatigue for him to win. Oh my god, he can't win another one. I don't remember that happening when I was growing up. I don't remember that happening, you know, with Bird and Magic and Mike. Oh, he can't win now. There might have been voter fatigue a little bit with Jordan, and that's why Barkley and Carl Malone won, But they were deserving and their teams played really well. But Joker is not going to win the MVP this year. Shay Gilis Alexander will win the MVP. He's not a better player, but it's a better story and his team is playing extremely well except for the last three minutes last night in regulation and then overtime. Is they blew a twenty five point lead at home. If this is if this happened to Lebron, my god, it would never stop on SportsCenter. This is this is the leading candidate for the MVP and you blew a twenty five point lead at home against a Timberwolf team that I think was this is the back end of a back to back. So Joker is making it. He makes it easy at times. Now. I give the Lakers credit for the defense they played on him last game, which was incredible, But he makes it look really easy and it's not really easy, and I think that's what's amazing. You'll watch and you go, how did he see that? And if you watch and he of course has a water polo experience. He just standing there and he's holding the basketball and this happens in water polo, except for they can't stand in the water. He's at the top of the key, directing traffic. He's like a conductor in a symphony. And he makes it look really easy. Nineteen assists for a center, and he's going to get the all time record at some point. But that's the those who have had at least fifteen assists as a center. That was the list that I had, fifteen through twenty one assists with him and Wilt. Wilt is there four times or five times. Joker's there, I think twenty times, so we've gotten used to it. But I do think Shay Gilgis is going to still win the MVP this year. Right eight seven to seven three DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. We'll talk to JJ Watt coming up in an hour from now. Your phone calls are welcome. We'll have a pull question here coming up as well. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that We've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 5: So check us out. We like to get you involved, to take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Play of the Day coming up. Settle on a poll question. By the way, I know that they were the butt of a lot of jokes for the last few years. The Detroit Pistons don't look now, but they're competitive and Caid Cunningham is going to be an All NBA player this year. They've won seven in a row for the first time since twenty fourteen. Kid Cunningham had thirty two and nine rebounds as the Pistons beat the Clippers. Yeah, sometimes we forget. I think they won a total of what eight games or something crazy last year and here they are now being a competitive team and they won seven in a row. But Joker last night with the big headlines with nineteen eighteen points and nine rebounds. So his career single highs are fifty six points, twenty seven rebounds in nineteen assists. He's the only player since the merger with the ABA NBA to have those numbers on his resume.
Speaker 6: Stata, the j Stata, the Jay we Love your Stata, the Day Stata, the j Stanta, the j oh damn give us that stat of the day.
Speaker 2: Say thank you, Pandora. Thank you. By the way, that's how quickly Joker moves on the court, similar to how Pandora sings that. Give me a little bit of that. Just imagine Joker. This is how he moves.
Speaker 6: Stata, the Jays Data, the Day, we Love your.
Speaker 2: Statu Day. Oh there's a backdoor passy once again, thank you Pandora. Yes eight seven seven three DP show we'll get to your phone calls coming up. The combine is kind of started, and the big game the Mavericks at the Lakers that'll be coming up tonight. Some over unders with that. According to DraftKings, Luca going against his former team mAbs are getting nine against the Lakers tonight, Todd, what do you think? According to DraftKings, the over under will be Luca against his former team playing in Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: Luca is going to score.
Speaker 8: The over unders should be thirty three and a half.
Speaker 2: Ain't Seaton? How about you twenty seven and a half? Marvin thirty one and a half? Bloop bloop, Yeah, thirty one and a half. Hey, you got it too, Paul. I'm gonna change my answer at thirty one and night, Tod, you got it Lebron games twenty five and a half, Kyrie twenty five and a half, and Austin Reeves eighteen and a half as well. But the matchup I want to see is in April when the Lakers go to Dallas and then hopefully Anthony Davis is going to be able to play. Plus, how weird will that be when the biggest ovation that night will be for Luca in a Laker uniform when he comes back to Dallas Because those fans are still I mean, this was terrible for them, a surprise to them, like wait a minute, what just happened? So this isn't one of those you know a player wants out of Place A to go to Place B and then comes back and then gets booed. This player didn't want to leave and thought he was going to get a max deal here super max deal. Just bought a really really expensive house, Yes, Martin.
Speaker 7: What does Nico Harrison have to do to get from underneath this? Does Anthony Davis have to go off for forty and twenty for the rest of his career in Dallas?
Speaker 2: Well, if you go further in the playoffs than the Lakers, that would help, I would say. I mean, this could be a situation like Doug Peterson with the Eagles. You win a Super Bowl and a couple years later you're fired. They could win the NBA Finals and then he might be out of a job in two or three years. But see Luca Is, it's the long haul. And once again, I don't know if this is one of those stories that we don't really hear the full story here, But if you believe that there's a conspiracy theory of they want to tank and they want to relocate the team to Las Vegas because the new owners majority owners are from Vegas, they want to get gambling in Dallas in Texas and good luck with that. Mark Cuban realized what they wanted to do, and so Cuban is not your majority owner anymore. Now do you believe in the conspiracy theory of hey, we're going to move the team. Nobody's coming out to watch the game. The team had been good, and we want to go to Vegas. I can't imagine this commissioner going Okay, I just he wants to have expansion in Vegas in Seattle hopefully, But I don't know if he's going to go, Wow, you guys really fooled me here. He's too smart of a commissioner. But I know we have relocation all the time, or the potential for hate if you don't support us, we're moving. But in this situation, it feels like they didn't want to invest in a player who maybe wasn't investing in himself health wise. Maybe that's all this is. But when Luca comes back in April, that will he'll get the biggest ovation. He'll probably get a standing ovation. And I have no problem with the Dallas fans doing that to him because he didn't want to leave. It's not like Lebron wanting to leave Cleveland or Lebron wanting to leave Miami. This is Luca wanted to stay, and he'll get a hero's welcome when he goes back.
Speaker 3: Yes, Pa, So the Mavericks are trying out the plot of the movie Major League. They're tanking to be relocate. That's the entire plot of that movie.
Speaker 2: Right, that's that's but it's a close it will but that's a movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's the closest thing to making sense since this whole thing happened weirdly.
Speaker 2: But I don't see this commissioner going yeah, uh, you got me. You got to get every all the other owners, the majority of the owners would have to sign off on this. They get relocation fees they use, but an expansion you get more money than I think for a relocation fee. How about both?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just like, you're just twisting, like you prefer to see the expansion team go to Las Vegas rather than right, But I don't know necessarily that from the league standpoint, they care which one is the expansion, which one is the one?
Speaker 2: So it moves the fact that they would say, are to this new ownership in Dallas, Okay, you guys can go to Vegas and we'll put an expansion team in Dallas. I just don't see this commissioner doing them. I know the previous one wouldn't allow it, but I don't see that unless the other owners go, hey, we don't. We don't want you to prevent us from doing what we want to do with our teams. But I don't see that now that it could happen. But I don't think that's the reason why Luca was sent out of town. Yes, he the uh.
Speaker 4: When you look at how commissioners work across different leagues, it always felt like Roger Goodell was the mouthpiece for the owners. Yes is does the NBA not work that way?
Speaker 2: Silver is more of the mouthpiece for the players. Now. I know that he is employed by the owners, but it certainly appears as if he is a player friendly commissioner. Goodell is not. No, he knows that he's getting sixty million dollars because the owners decided to give him. Jerry Jones decided to give him sixty million dollars Adam Silver to players, but he understands like the players are more important to the NBA than the players are to the NFL. The NFL is a product. The NBA is about the players. And I think and David Stern cultivated this, and Adam Silver took over from him and has continued to do so. Empowered them.
Speaker 3: Yes, Another reason it makes sense is if you go back, was it twenty seventeen the Vegas Golden Knights happened. I would have bet if you asked me fifteen years ago, the first team to be in Vegas would have been an NBA team. It seemed like it made the most sense. You come in, you get courtside tickets. It felt like there'd be the perfect league to be first into Vegas and they're gonna be last.
Speaker 2: Basically, Yeah, But I think that had to do with David Stern. I don't think Stern wanted it now. Once again, all of these commissioners or phonies, because they all, I mean, go back to when Roger Goodell in what twenty twelve will never allow gambling, and then twenty fifteen, all of a sudden, you change your twom and I said, once they figure out how they get their mother, there will be gambling and there have to be guardrails. They all have gambling now, they all embraced it. What changed nothing except for you got paid. And I think David Stern was concerned about that, and therefore, you know, the initiative wasn't to put a team in Vegas. I mean, they've had All Star Weekend in Vegas without a franchise there. That's how much they love Vegas. So it's a matter of time. And I wonder if Steph Curry and or Lebron James are part of an ownership group and they're involved in you know, that expansion team in Vegas. They have the summer league there. I mean, they're really they're prepared, they're ready to go, and I think it's just a matter of time. And you know, is Seattle going to approve an expansion team in Seattle? But I don't know if they're going to do any more expansion and maybe they let Dallas relocate. Maybe is the product that that bad or the people don't support it because it's not good. Still got Kyrie and still have Anthony Davis. You're still going to be competitive. It's just if Anthony Davis is healthy, they are a competitive team to go to the NBA Finals. I really believe that. But it's Anthony Davis and all bets are off, Yes, Marvin, So what are we doing?
Speaker 7: Is thirty for thirty? Do we have to wait until Luka retires, just to see how things played out and see if Dallas moves to Vegas or what.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is the Malcolm Butler, why was he beinged type of situation, So wondering, Yes, you know what, we'll probably find out about Luca before we will Malcolm Butler and I do. You know, it's weird that we bring this up because you can say a lot of things about Belichick. He never spilled on this. He never said anything. Now Malcolm Butler hasn't either, But that's one of those It's hard to keep secrets in this business. But Belichick and the Patriots they kept it in for whatever reason. And you know, have I heard stories? Yes? I have, but you know, until it's really confirmed and validated, you know, you can't sit there and go, well, what I'm hearing or source? I don't have sources. I have people who have told me, but there I wouldn't consider them sources. They're just aware of the situation. It's like why a coach got fired in Boston. We still don't know that story, right, and maybe we never will, which is okay. Yeah, Paulie, we did.
Speaker 3: A poll question ten years ago, which would you rather know why Malcolm Butler was benched before the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Or who shot JFK? And it was like eighty percent Malcolm Butler. Yeah, fascinating story, pretty amazing, pretty amazing. That story still kind of lingers, and I think Malcolm Butler is maybe at this last Super Bowl he did talk a little bit about this, but uh, that one's going to stay stay quiet for a little while. It's like Jimmy Hoffa, you know, like at this point, do you care if he's buried at the meadow Lands it was he was buried.
Speaker 4: Excavated, Yeah, I mean metal lands aren't really there anymore, so.
Speaker 2: Well, he's probably still underground. I don't know if they took him out. Didn't you have a Red Sox fan who worked on the construction at Yankee Stadium and buried a Red Sox uniform in the cement there. It's pretty good, all right? So pole question today is going to be what see don't connor today? The Green Bay Packers are heroes or zeros? High school hero real life zero. Let's see.
Speaker 4: Early results have about fifty three percent calling the Packers heroes. I think we do well in that area. I think they're coming out heavy and strong with this vote.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the locals speaking up for their No, that's not personal, nothing personal. No, no, no, no. Covering the story is the way we should If the bearers said this, we would bears today would be zeros zeros. Yes they were yes time, But that's.
Speaker 8: The problem if several teams came out at once. So if it was kept the fact that you don't want to be that first team.
Speaker 2: Saying hey, no fear, we can't stop that.
Speaker 8: We can't do it ourselves.
Speaker 2: That way, you would be the nark. Would you never tattle on anybody cheating off your paper in school? Did you?
Speaker 8: I did not, But I covered my paper camber vacations because I'm like this kid, I've been studying for this test for a month. This kid's gonna come walk in here. We're gonna get the same grave. That's not gonna work. That was guys like us, We needed some help time.
Speaker 2: There's a midterm today.
Speaker 8: I was shocked. I'm like, I've been studying up that this like it's my whole life story, and you're like, I didn't know we have a final today?
Speaker 2: How do you not know that it's a final today? Help her brother out. Man, I'm entertaining the ladies on the basketball floor. I got things to do, and I'm asking you to help me move your arms.
Speaker 8: So you got cbab d's. That was see.
Speaker 7: I can't is that to be.
Speaker 2: All I want is like a eighty four, you know, that's all. I don't want a ninety two. That's why you're un into trouble. And all of a sudden you usually get like a forty eight or fifty three.
Speaker 7: Now you've got a ninety four.
Speaker 2: The teacher may say, wait a second. Imagine if Bonds was only hitting like forty one home runs forty two, very smart, you go crazy and hit seventy three, and it's all of a sudden, game over. It's like when somebody has cosmetic surgery. You want to look like you haven't had cosmetic surgery. Bonds had breast enhancement. That went to double d's. Yeah, it's like, and you look different, really, you know, maybe it's my smile. Nope, Nope, you gotta make it so it's not obvious there. Yes, Todd, I.
Speaker 8: Should not put in that next request for bared Bonds, and I was just about it.
Speaker 2: I should wait up for your days maybe other there are certain people that I don't want on the show, or we don't need on the show. It's okay, there's certain guys, certain people. Bonds wouldn't. He doesn't. He's not interesting. You're not gonna tell you anything. It would be great to say we're gonna have Bury Bonds on. I can sit there and grill him. He's not gonna tell you anywhere you judge or a coach.
Speaker 8: At the NBA All Star Game, he did something I thought NBA All Star Weekend out of.
Speaker 2: The Little Bay area. Yeah, I get that. I mean you still beloved there, so you know whatever. He's he's all yours. Nobody else wants him. He's all yours. All right, let me take a break. We'll come back. We got our play of the day after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 3: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check this out. Fifteen point two seconds left day loveit to the top of the key.
Speaker 2: Here's Jake.
Speaker 1: They'll take a run to the bucket. His layup is good.
Speaker 5: How he got found.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it. Caruso fowls McDaniels on the driving layup and Jayden has a chance to tie the game with a free throw.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of the Timberwolves Radio Network. Timberwolves rallied from twenty five down. That matches the largest comeback in franchise history. At your Play of the Day. Play of the Day is brought to you by Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show, offering national LTE coverage. Nose subscriptions ever a great alternative for your kids or parents. We use them on the show all the time. Go to Rapid radios dot com for sixty percent off and free shipping. I mentioned the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons in twenty twenty three, twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three, they had thirty one wins combined those two seasons. This season so far thirty two.
Speaker 4: Wood Stall Day Stata a day Stannata day.
Speaker 2: This is the stat of the Day. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. Caate Cunningham has been great and he will be on one of the first three All NBA teams. He will be and rightfully so he's played extremely well. All right, we'll get phone calls coming up eight seven seven three DP show JJ Watt will join us. Coming up next hour. We'll talk about the tush push and do you modify it or do you get rid of it or you to leave it as is. Mel kiper Draft Expert has put out his mock draft ESPN plus. The Titans Abdull Carter, Penn State linebacker or edge. The Browns take cam Ward, Giants take Travis Hunter, Patriots take Will Campbell offensive tackle. The Bags take Mason Graham defensive tackle out of Michigan. The Raiders get Ashton Genty, The Jets take Shador Sanders. Okay, Saints take Tyler Warren, the great tight end out of Penn State. But once again love mel Draft Expert. But a lot can happen over the next couple of months here leading up to the draft, and a lot changes. You know, this is the time when scouts really break down film. Now you'll have scouts who go out and watch them during the season, but this is where everybody kind of gets their notes together. You go to the combine and then you come away. Now you start really drilling down and going all right, who do we want and when can we get him? What are our needs? Can we trade? Is this guy a potential steal? Is this a guy who might fall? Is this a guy who might fall and we'll catch him. Maybe we get somebody in the second round, third round. That's what you're hoping for because every year, every year, it seems like and it's like the three weeks leading up to the draft, somebody's going up, somebody's coming down. Happens every draft, and then the following week it'll be somebody else who's going up or somebody else who's coming down. And sometimes the information is leaked because a team wants to make sure that you put it out there that they're not interested, or they'll say, hey, I'm hearing some negative things while they might still really want that person. This is business is it's no different than other walks of life. Everybody has an agenda here and you're going to hear those agenda agendas through different analysts or insiders. You know the next six weeks. It happens every single year and it's not an exciting draft. You get a lot of defensive linemen, not edge guys. Got a lot of defensive linemen. A lot of offensive linemen. Let me see the mothership and NFL network dress that up. May not care about tip and picks here being like, I don't care, Yes, Marvin, Wait.
Speaker 7: The interior lineman. It might be a thing because of what Jalen Carter and Chris Jones have done. They might say, Okay, we might have the next Chris Jones or Jalen Carter. So that might bring a little excitement to a fan base.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, But I'm just talking about content. We're going to the draft. I need things to talk about.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, then I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Pully Seeing a lot.
Speaker 3: Of mock drafts have Cleveland number two taken quarterback like mel had it is that fixing a problem or compounding a problem with their quarterback position?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think it's fixing because if I get cam Ward, I'm going to have Deshaun Watson maybe for a year. He's not going to play again, right then I get rid of him, and now I have cam Ward. If you believe cam Ward is a franchise quarterback, great, So you made a mistake, a big mistake, financial mistake, and now you can move on from him and if it's a career ending injury, do the Browns get compensated? Do they get helped out? With the salary cap? There? And the Browns have to decide, like where are they right now? Now? I think that's the hard thing for teams to do. Are we good? Are we like Jacksonville? I thought Jacksonville was going to win the division this past year at four wins. So I don't know if they think they're good or maybe they realize they aren't good. Now, how does that affect your draft? The Cowboys have always thought that they were great, and at times they were really good. But then do you make a mistake by not getting somebody for the future? Do you make a mistake by not going all in? Remember they were all in this season in the offseason and didn't do anything. But you'll have certain teams where you go, Okay, where are we? Like where are the Giants? Tough division? But where are you if you're the Giant? Are Do the Jets think they're good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But like you have to have that question that needs to be addressed. It needs to be answered honestly, where you go around the room and you say, are we good? Are we potentially good? Are we average? Are we bad? And that's where you need to have some real answers as you move forward instead of going, hey, everything's great, man. You know we're just one player away. No, probably not, Yeah, Paul, it does.
Speaker 3: Feel like the Jets have a good roster that underachieved, but now they're a position maybe to snag a quarterback.
Speaker 2: They could have stumbled into a good situation. Yeah, like eventually they're going to like, I mean, the odds are you can be he stupid only for so long and then eventually you somehow accident. You know, sometimes you'll take the SAT and you go, I didn't even study. I've stayed out all night and I did great. Now I wouldn't recommend that, but it feels like the Jets have been staying out all night and then go in to take the SAT and you know, they get a four. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, I can promise you staying out all night and not studying before the SAT does not work out for you.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say four. You get like like four hundred. No, you get four hundred for signing your name.
Speaker 4: I went in there smelling like campfire for the night before and bloodshot eyes, and I did not do well.
Speaker 2: I prepared quotation marks. I prepared and did horribly, and then I didn't prepare, and then I did enough to get into college. And so I thought that, Like I said to my mom, see I think I proved a point here, and she goes, what is that? I said, you don't need to study, be prepared, and she goes, this, in this moment, it worked for you, but don't don't use that the rest of your life. And I'm like, come on, who needs this study? Leave that to Todd Fritz exactly. Yeah, you're you're staying in your two bedroom apartment. Your mom's outside bacon cookies. You're there studying.
Speaker 8: Can't bring the girl up back and you know without being someone barge again, Hey, how we doing. Let's keep the door half opened.
Speaker 2: It didn't affect you too much. No, no, didn't affect you all right. One hour in the books on this Tuesday, Two more to go. JJ Watt will join us in about twenty minutes from now, update the poll results. We'll get to some phone calls as well. Hour two on the Way Dan Patrick Show