Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Long Weak tringd Report.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack, that is Miles. Oh yeah, this is our.
Speaker 1: Monday episode where we we check in, We let you know. Everyone's okay, everyone's okay. I was sick as a dog, folks, sick as a dog.
Speaker 3: Somehow I took so many COVID tests because I was like, for how sick I felt, It's so weird, how what the pandemic has done to my brain, because like, now sickness is COVID and then I'm like, it's the I'm like, I have the worst COVID ever. But no, it was a flu.
Speaker 1: And I was chilling on a beach, so yeah, Joe Biden, nobody recognized me, just like, but I didn't know where I was. I was just found wandering five beaches down.
Speaker 3: Terrible sunburn on my ship though, terrible sunburn.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: I had some uh, some failures of some application, A little patch a little patch of yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, where your back? Your shoulders back, shoulders crack?
Speaker 2: You know, yep?
Speaker 3: I told you.
Speaker 1: Well, before we tell the people what exactly happened over this weekend, we should tell the people what is something that we think is.
Speaker 2: Underrated, overrated.
Speaker 1: Just to get back into the swing of things, you got a you got an Undy for me.
Speaker 3: Uh Undy. Just because I was sick. Pedia Light very underrated, So, like I said, I was feeling lower than low, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And Sophia from fortunenty eight fiance, she had the flu last week and when I told her I was sick, she was like, you gotta get pedia Light. Just make that part of like whatever you do, just be just get those fucking electrolytes back into you. And I'm like, yeah, okay, Sure. At first I was hesitant, but I you know, I trust you know, she she's very in tune with her body and she was feeling better and she was attributing a lot of that to like hydrating properly. So I was like, okay, I'll I will go that that route. But at first, my whole like perception was, man, that ship.
Speaker 2: Is for babies.
Speaker 4: Baby, it's got a fucking little Teddy Bear on the fucking label by the generic because it's cheaper, but then has no Teddy Bear either, and then my masculinity is intact.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wild that they haven't like relaunched as like flu fucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly or like hangover, hagover murderer.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like it's I'm a fucking I'm stupid, I'm ignorant, and I am I knew not of the fact that something is that is just marketed as pure electrolyte replenishment is actually effective for little weak ass babies and brolic ass thug men.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. So you don't know that's a teddy.
Speaker 1: Bear that could just be a real deadly bear with like a cute little uh you know, collar on, Yeah exactly, just sit sitting up on his little tuft of bum hair.
Speaker 3: You know what. You know what I did? I did the thing where Gatorade makes a thing called gator Light, and I was like, let me try that like first, you know what I mean, because I'm because the marketing because also in my mind, I love like when I was sick, Gatorade was like before p D Light was like a thing my mom would always get me. So I wanted to just stay a little brand loyal. But then when I had that ped Light, shit, I'm like, now this ship is fucking knocking way harder.
Speaker 2: It felt like just.
Speaker 1: Was really is like medicine. Ped Light works like that is, you know, recognized by all medical professionals. Yes, medical professionals agree. You know, we we keep p D light on hand and just go to go to a place that has hungover kids around, you know, like a college town or something like that. Like we went to this place in a mon talk that was just when we showed up and like to get bagels. It was just full of like kids who were like still up, still drunk from the night before. And it was the wildest thing. Like it had a normal cooler of you know, the sorts of drinks that you would have at such a place, then like an entire like five row section of just pedia like just straight up and.
Speaker 2: It was they were through that ship Park City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does taste like unformed a jello to me. Yeah, it does actually work. It turns out.
Speaker 3: Also like the other thing, I was like, I don't want to drink something that's like bright blue or red like you you know, it works, man. I mean, look, I need that for my Mountain Dews and my soda. But like when I'm in a moment of like not feeling well, just there's something about that that made it feel a little bit like drinking like cough syrup or something. So then the next day, because I was I was going back to the farms here this ship like pretty much daily because I didn't know how much I needed, I was like, yeah, I'll get a couple of bottles. Then the next app fucking got armfuls found die free kind that's just like clear that and I was like, Okay, I found I found my my pedia. So thank you Sophia, and thank you to medical practitioners who have been saying pretty consistently that this is good for children and adults. All say now to like overcome that stupid perception from idiots like me.
Speaker 1: My underrated is chatty pilots. I'm gonna say, I feel like that, like chat huh oh chatty. I feel like chatty, like chatty road. I need my pilot to be a chat want of coming in biting an apple that he's been like tossing and like flipping off the inside of his arm.
Speaker 2: No chatty pilots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like so that Seinfeld special where like it was like him retiring all his like best bits like that is just like burned on my brain.
Speaker 2: I think I only thought like once or twice, but.
Speaker 1: He had that bit about how like pilots come on and they're like, we're gonna take you up to ten thousand feet and then we're gonna chill there for a little bit and then.
Speaker 2: We'll be and he's like, why don't you just do what you do?
Speaker 1: We don't need to know about all that, and it's like a good bit, and it's like it affected It made me biased against hearing from the pilot at a young age. But when we were flying back from the East Coast, the pilot popped on frequently to let us know what we could see out our little windows on the plane, and it was like people were like up, they were engaged like people. One guy and I overheard, was like, I've done this flight a hundred times, I've never looked out the windows like that. That's the first time I've ever seen the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 2: So shout up to Spirit Airlines the Rockies.
Speaker 1: We saw the Grand Canyon and the Rockies those are the kind of the big ones. And my kids were blown away over that. And if you if you kind of view it with a with you know, an uncalloused mind where you're just like, well, this is pretty fucking cool that we get to be here and and see this in person or something cool about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean it is always nice. Like I don't mind when they're sharing like wisdom or knowledge as a pilot. I think that's fine, Like that's additive. It's like, yeah, I don't like the fucking the jokes. You know. That's when I's like, and I get it, you have a personality. But like I'm totally fine with them, Like when they actually explain the turbulence, like I don't care, Like I'm interest in that where they're like, you know, it's actually there's this we're actually gonna get up to here because yeah, we're just gonna get up a little bit of feet here and see if we can just get over that just make the ride a little bit smoother. And I'm like, all right, cool man, all right, I don't.
Speaker 1: Turbule, not for me, is all about hiding my terror from my kids, because like they don't even it hasn't like registered to them yet. They're just still it's like a bumpy ride and a bus, you know, And I am still I don't know.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't like turbulence.
Speaker 3: What does it make you think of? Were you like, you know, up turbulent? Oh yeah, turbulence.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, I've read my way out of being terrified of turbulence, Like what you know, I've done the research that's like, no, that's not.
Speaker 2: Going to take a place. And also that's what that's immediately what.
Speaker 1: I pictures goblins just shaking the plane. But uh yeah, and even the there's the fact that like the wings can like bend, they're not going to break off no matter how Like the wings are flexible, and if the engines fell off, you would still be able to land the plane because like the planes are actually giants like all those things. I know, but my guts don't know it. And when there's turbulence, I'm like, we're gonna fall. I do shout that, and my kids are embarrassed.
Speaker 3: And you're deep in your kid's eyes, don't go We're die.
Speaker 2: What man, I don't want to die? Oh no, Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 1: I framed it as like they don't know yet instead of being just like a weird problem that I have.
Speaker 2: Either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just keeping it inside. But like I'm sure they noticed that I'm clutching the armrests so hard that sometimes they.
Speaker 3: Cracking Yeah, you're like elbowing, elbowing your oldest kid. You know, scopes right, the pilot comes off. Yeah, we're just gonna we have a little bit of turbulence. It's gonna be a little bit bumpy for the next five or ten minutes. Nothing, nothing to worry about, you know. It's fuck, he's lying, it's fucking cone.
Speaker 2: We're done. We're fucking done.
Speaker 3: For We're fucking done.
Speaker 2: We're done.
Speaker 3: We're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree, though, when they come on and do the comedy, I always say, leave the comedy to the professionals, and I stand up and look around, see if anyone recognizes me. Yeah, but pointing two thumbs at yourself to the fashion anybody anybody on the internet.
Speaker 2: Gang Nope, okay.
Speaker 3: No, uh soho house Pool?
Speaker 2: I feel that was hilarious. Not there, My shit was killing it.
Speaker 3: Was I know, dude, Manuel fucking discovered you.
Speaker 1: There also spirit airlines, I'm gonna say, pretty underrated at this point. I feel like once an airline becomes like known as like the shittiest airline, it's usually like I feel like the public perception is usually behind a little bit, and like they because people fly every're like, you know, they don't fly that much. So like I've had the experiences of the Spirit. It's pretty bad, but I feel like they've like kind of bounced back or like made a concerted effort. I had two Lovely Spirit Airlines flights. Uh really Yeah, that's traditionally supposed to be the worst.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 1: Just have to bring your own water and ship on board.
Speaker 3: Water and bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know you have to grease the wheels a little bit, give them a twenty to let you use the bathroom.
Speaker 2: What's what? The thing is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrat it?
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: I've just been like I've been around people more socializing the last few weeks and not necessarily just like in like bigger groups like it'll be someone's birthday or like a like a like a you know, get together or something like that. And I just hear like there's this like straight guy like shitty grin review of Barbie. I keep hearing from like sis head dude, that's like it's some version of like it's this like sarcastic way when people are like, oh yeah, I thought it was really great, Like it's it's like really well done, and some guy comes in and goes, oh yeah, man, I'm actually really glad I saw Barbie because I had never heard of like patriarchy before. And you're like huh, And it's like just sort of this way of like like bringing up trying to say like I don't know if they thought their message it is. It's exactly that. It's this like very tongue in cheek way of being like I am pretty fucking macho guy, but also like I'm away of concepts like patriarchy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I get it, Barbie ya. That's his take the entire time, once he hears a single idea that he's familiar with in a movie dismissive before we get it.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it's sort of that or just sort of like this other version that is like very patronizing. It's like and you know, like I remember right after that like change my life, you know what I mean, Like I'm so different now because of Barbie. And you're like, dude, shut the fuck up, Like this is the most touring fucking take and it's a aggressive and you're just dumb like that all you when other people who are like saying yeah, of course, like it's it's rotten with all these messages like fine, that's that's that's what the movie's doing. But like that's not even the main focus for a lot of people. Like they talk about the other performances or the acting, the fucking the set direction, all that kind of stuff, and it's like some just just seem like dudes come back to this thing. It's like, oh yeah, man, he's like, but it's like dudes are in trouble, right, huhh. I don't get it right, dude, just shut up, like and I'm like, who the fuck are you like anyway, Like just that way of interacting with it. I've just heard a few times and I'm like this, don't don't be with these fucking chokes.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you don't like the movie and you're a straight since that dude, maybe just keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, those guys are never even saying that they didn't like it, you know what I mean. They're just like really leaning into that part, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: Or something, I don't know, it just like comes.
Speaker 3: Off so weird. That sounds like confused. I'm like, so you're like you're like you're on fifth wave feminism or something that you're like saying, well, where are we getting at? What are we getting at?
Speaker 2: This barbie feminist male? Yeah, PBF dude.
Speaker 1: But that song I Want to Push You Around does kind of go uh just step wy. I like that song is great, so you know, it's so funny something they couldn't have been so hard on that.
Speaker 3: Some guy actually said that, not exactly, but that the fucking like the emphasis of like it's like that song, Like a lot of people thought it was funny like that they were singing that song like it's a pretty good song.
Speaker 2: Like if you really here, let me grab my guitar real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah what three? Four? Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My operated is. Fight videos seem to be going viral, like just there's a lot of fight like violence just uh fights. First of all, like just, uh, we want to see our two biggest billionaires fight each other. Yeah, we want to see the Paul brothers fight. Like it just seems like it's increasingly a part of mainstream culture. And then like, I don't know, it seemed like over the weekend there were two big fight videos that were like just everywhere on social media. The guy like a baseball player getting knocked out in extreme flow motion. Then like a fight in at Alabama like a ship where like they.
Speaker 3: Tried to jump the black security guard and then the whole bolt fucking let out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just feels like, I don't know, it feels like fight just violent videos are more and more just something we're like, yeah, oh did you see this?
Speaker 2: Like this is fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: And our new sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: Like something that's bad, badthing is happening and.
Speaker 3: Yeah right Brian Just's World Star. When that used to be the thing people would scream, like even without cameras out. Yeah, I know what you mean, Like it is it Like that's why there's another like being really conscious of your like media intake is important because for a while, man, the way I could get lost on fucking Reddit and just su like just all kinds of shit like that, you kind of start you go outside and you're kind of like all right, so once it going down, now like you start looking it fucks up. It creates this sort of weird confirmation bias or like expectation for violence.
Speaker 2: That which can be good.
Speaker 3: Right No no, no, no, no no no. Although I've seen enough Reddit videos and shit, and you know, I've just been been around. I've seen a few things in my day that I'm definitely more attuned to when I start seeing things like about to head south, because now as a parent, I'm like a little bit more I would be like, I don't want my kids anywhere if I start seeing if I can tell I see fucking energy swirling like in a way no, like miss us with all of that, But I don't know. I think a lot of it too, is like it's just this our frustrations, like our societal frustrations are just boiling over into us just fucking each other up because we're so powerless in every other avenue of our lives that it's like, yeah, you know what, you're the fucking villain today, and watch me act out my like violent rage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think we're just angrier and like it. It seems like it's more and more something that people want to see, and I feel like it's probably not good overall on on balance, Like I'm trying not to watch them, but like I'm not. I'm not saying I'm above it, Like I've you grew up why loving boxing?
Speaker 2: I gave me that movie.
Speaker 3: Some drive when we met. You're like, dude, check out these videos on here.
Speaker 2: They're pretty pretty dark. Shit.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm like, wait, are you hiring for the podcast thing? He's like, yeah, but watch those first. I know you're cool. Yeah, no, yeah, I think it's just it's like it reminds me of how like there was like that stat about how like some of like the most like so many fights go down at Chuck E Cheese's between the parents because of like distress of like having to provide for your kid, wanting your kid to have a good time, and then like how distressful that like, how stressful that can be, and then you enter some other kinds of shit, like other kinds of variables, and then it turns to fucking violence. It's just like I feel like because now there is a lot of there's just a lot of dissatisfaction in many ways, or people just feel generally unprotected by the government because they're not that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're lonelier and like more separate from one another, and the only way we can conceive of interacting with other people is like being afraid of them and swinging on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And on some level too, it reminds of like how like we need to have like a bad guy that we laugh at or like scammer or whatever. It's because like we have such larger problems on the planet that don't have such clear, clearly defined villains. Yeah, that we're fulfilling that need in these other weird ways to be Like I don't fucking like they're shit wrong with everything, and I don't know who the fuck to be hed it, but I'm it's fucking.
Speaker 2: You, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We've also talked about how like the sex is being taken out of like there's that s a like everyone is beautiful, nobody is horny about like modern Hollywood movies and how they've taken the sex out of them, And like fight videos, same complaint. There's hardly any sex in them. The people rarely, you know, make love to one another after after they knock each other out. So yeah, if you're gonna get in a fight video, like at least add some tasteful nudity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Deep kissing, just.
Speaker 2: Deep, meaningful, deep deep kissing.
Speaker 3: Please like punkt you eight either beginner and your violent fight video with a deep.
Speaker 1: Kiss, boxers touch gloves. I want fight VIDs that end with a deep, meaningful kiss.
Speaker 3: Look Isaiah Thomas and Maddie Johnson knew that's right, court kiss. That's just a nice kiss, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm talking like Tucker Carlson all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: We'll come back and we'll talk about why these conservative are so excited that the US lost in the Women's World Cup.
Speaker 2: They'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Oh god, and we're back, And I'm actually not gonna explain why you you know, why they're excited that Megan Rippino lost, of course, But it's just it's just funny, like, well, when you find yourself rooting against your greatest like the modern day dream team for America, like the thing, uh Like, it's.
Speaker 3: Because they because they advocate for themselves.
Speaker 2: They advocate for themselves. How dare you? Yeah? The akay they hate America?
Speaker 3: Uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh Yeah, it's like just just let it go. It's wild though too to see that kind of It also does show how much how mainstream the women's national team has become, because it is like it's full on that like it used to be. Like if you like sports, you knew about it. But now it's like national discourse about knowing how the women's world like Women's World Cup is going. Some pretty some heartbroken people out there.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad they lost. The attitude of the US women's national team reflect such poor values. That's sickening. They need an overhaul.
Speaker 1: The America hating, entitled, ungrateful group led by Meghan Rappino needs to go quite fitting. She's the one who blew their best chance to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what what is it is?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: Is it that no one watches women's sports because they suck at it and like no one cares, or now it's that you're upset because they're not meeting the level of like elite play that you're demanding, Like, is it one mic thing?
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. I think it's just just general misogyny.
Speaker 2: But yeah, good luck.
Speaker 6: I met Charlie players good players too, man, they got good fucking saying is like the dominance of the US women's national team is to do a lot with the fact that soccer was one of the first sports that like American culture openly was saying like encouraging like women to get into sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and because the infrastructure was there, the US just like miles ahead of even other nations where like they had much more you know, you know, long ingrained traditions of football, and now things are just equalizing, and yeah, like now you just got to.
Speaker 2: Basketball, like what have it?
Speaker 1: Like the dream Team was like, you know, miles ahead, but then the rest of the country or the rest of the world caught up, and you know, the influence of like how awesome and glamorous like those teams were originally like probably had something to do with how awesome everybody else has become. And it's you know, it's more fun that way. Not for Americans. Americans. Americans just want to be dominant. They want to be unquestioningly dominant. I don't wanna I want to have to pay attention to the games. I just want to wake up and see that they won five nil exactly.
Speaker 2: The Sweden, the heck, the heck.
Speaker 1: All right, let's check about Mitch McConnell. Yeah, I was worried about him during my trip. I was I was like, what is Senator npc like healthy?
Speaker 3: He's doing good? I think, you know, he it was nice he went to uh this like really nice, fancy picnic thing like it's called the big like fancy farm Picnic in Kentucky. So he was among his constituents and it was nice just to see like how his just like the bond that he has between him and his constituents, especially after like that you know, kind of medical scare that he had a couple of weeks ago. So I just wanted to play a clip of just this, like just like just to them sending it their well wishes as he's speaking and a large group of fellow Kentuckians.
Speaker 2: No, Yo, he's just like trying to go forward with it too. He plowed through.
Speaker 3: He plowed through, and the pun was intended because he was at the big fancy farm picnic. He plowed right on through. Uh as he But I mean, Mitch McConnell is no stranger for giving speeches where no one hears what he says because they're all screaming at him. But yeah, this was this is fucking because I'm like, it's I feel like it's maybe something unifying like Kentucky right now, because you're definitely gonna have the maga Republicans hate him, and then you're gonna have like, you know, the non Republicans, Democrats, independents who are like, you are a darth You're the fucking grim what is it, the what does he call himself, the grim Reaper of the Senate. Yeah, so I think they actually he found a moment to unify his constituents and he's been talking about division on along. So it's I don't know, feels.
Speaker 1: Like a win for everybody there because the Democrats feel like if he retired they might have a chance that like replacing him, even though they're.
Speaker 3: Or just to have someone who's such a you know, shrewd fucking tactician. Yeah, like operating on that side, and I think, yeah, just with him in office, like him out of office, I think just is an energetic a.
Speaker 2: W for humanity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, because again, like we said, even if he were to retire, you know, in most states, most states, the governor would then be allowed to depick who the replacement senator would be, which again for most people do a little Senate math, they're like, oh, then it could be a Democrat. No, Andy Basheer, even though he's a Democrat, the fucking Republican signed into law that there's no fucking way he can he can only appoint The only way he can appoint someone is if they're a Republican, So that seats solidly red for now.
Speaker 1: How are they able to Like sometimes when you hear about what Republicans are doing in Congress, it sounds like when I'm like playing with my seven year old and he's like and then no, but I actually have like infinity strength and like laser blasters. So even though you caught me like I, you know, like they're just like making shit up as they go and being like, we're actually invisible, invincible, and the strongest person in the world, so you actually can't replace us.
Speaker 3: But it's like that energy combined with the fact that like then he's also tying your shoelaces together when you don't see, and like sabotaging, like actually doing a lot of you see.
Speaker 2: That video, is that? Oh quit for rial? Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He did tie my shoelaces together. Then he said, have a nice trip, see you next fall.
Speaker 5: I fell off the dock, my head in a bucket for some reason, a toilet seat around my neck.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, retire, yeah yeah, retire.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, retire. That was pretty dope though.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Kentucky shout out to the fancy farm picnic. Yeah, farm parties are that was some of the most set fun things I've ever attended are farm parties in Kentucky. What that means, Like, somebody who lives on a horse farm just you like drive out onto a corner of their property that isn't within earshot or sight of their parents, and then everybody just like drives their cars out there, and then you try and be quiet enough and not spook the horses and like have a fucking bonfire.
Speaker 3: Wait, how do you rage and not spook the hort That sounds like such.
Speaker 2: A badly like that.
Speaker 1: That was one one party where everyone's like, okay, but you do have to like be quiet because the horses are out.
Speaker 3: Drunk kids notoriously quiet creatures.
Speaker 1: Hey, we were making it up as we went, you know, Hey, I get it, I get it. Uh kenon Barbie the Barbie Juggernaut. Barbie was number one of the box office again this weekend.
Speaker 3: And a Billy a billion a billion a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greta Gerwick.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Greta Gerwig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really like three for three in the biggest way possible, Like, oh yeah, watch this watch, we hit a billion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you know, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out this weekend. The Meg two came out this weekend. I am planning to take my kids to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 3: I want to see that too. Actually, I've heard from my fellow geriatric millennials who are childless but like go to the movies regularly. They're like, hey, man, you might want to check that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you might want to check that out.
Speaker 3: I'm like I would because I like turtles.
Speaker 1: My five year old is already into teenage meant Ninja Turtles, so oh yeah, yeah it's gonna be hell yeah.
Speaker 2: It could be one.
Speaker 3: I mean if you're like, I don't know how like, I don't know if you're ready be like hardcore like nerd dad. But like those original graphic novels are so good. Yeah, and the drawings are like so much better than like the cartoon. I was like, this is fucking what the Ninja Turtles should have been.
Speaker 1: He got into it from the old arcade game at a check cheese that we were at one time, and then a.
Speaker 3: Available switch.
Speaker 1: Is oh yeah, of course it is, and I know and a comic book that we got to the library.
Speaker 2: He's just nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gravitated. Yeah, and he is a party dude to buy five year old as a party dude who loves pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh really, but.
Speaker 1: Anyways, uh Ken a Barbie domina continues, and it seems like they might be dominating another chart, the baby Name track.
Speaker 3: Or maybe those baby Name tracktor sites. They said they've they've seen a two hundred or three hundred and two hundred percent uptick in searches for the names Barbie and Ken, respectively. Oh I don't I mean, that's probably fine because no fucking nobody was surprise searching Ken, you know, like because any feels like a dead name. So like an okay, you went from two to two searches to four searches, you know, maybe Barbie, I don't know. I mean again, I get it, like any after after any big pop culture phenomenon like Game of Thrones that has like weird names or interesting names, people are going to start being like, well, you know, how do I align that with my personal life? But like Barbie and Ken just feels so like normcore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like is pretty impossible to differentiate from the character at this point, right, Yeah, yeah, exactly, So that's what I feel. But again, so is so is Kalisi or Denaris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people that that's not stopping people, But I guess it's like still, yeah, I'm just like trying to be like, there's a those there's cooler names like Alan what about No, not look enough for that one. But yeah, I mean, what do I know? I almost try to name my son after an Arsenal player, So that's maybe I'm not the best to speak on.
Speaker 1: We named our son after not actually after a Game of Thrones character, but it did happen to overlap with a Game of Thrones character. Uh and sitous serenipitous you know what?
Speaker 2: Luck what timing?
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, Elon Vizak. I may be tired of the fights. I may be saying stop it with this violence, folks, but the people, the people are thirsty. They want to see these two billionaires have an unsatisfying pushing match.
Speaker 3: Daddy wants blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but.
Speaker 3: Look, Jack, we're still getting fucking jerked around over whether or not these little fuckers are gonna pop out the wall and have a big cum shot or I mean, have a big cage fight like the latest development came two.
Speaker 1: Season two is fucking wildless. I just rewatched season two and it is so good of us.
Speaker 2: I think you should say to fuck.
Speaker 3: Up your expectations for season three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe a little bit, but I don't know. I haven't rewatched season three.
Speaker 3: I gotta watch season three again.
Speaker 2: But yeah, season two was better than I remembered it. I will say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, back to this, these little fuckers may pop out of the wall and have a coum shot because over the weekend, Elon Must said we're gonna we're gonna live stream this shit on Twitter U, which okay cool, and then Zuck immediately demonstrated his willingness to CounterPunch by quote tweeting that and say, shouldn't we use a more reliable platform that can actually raise money for charity? And you're like, oh, sir, Elon, you should.
Speaker 2: Know like they're flirting with each other a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Well, there's there's definitely gonna be a deep kiss on either side of that place. Yes, but Elon, you should know that when you're fighting an opponent, especially in combat sports, always keep your balls protected because some random tech guy could just come waltz right up and vaporize your sack with one blow, like just by being like, yo, bro, your shit sucks though, and everyone loved it. But either way, Elon Musk has been very serious about training based on some of these things, we've heard him talk about his own training regiment. First he said, quote, if the fight is short, I probably win. If long, he may win. On endurance, I'm much bigger, and there is a reason MNA has weight divisions. Then he said, I'm lifting weights throughout the day preparing for the fight. Don't have time to work out, so I just bring them to work m And.
Speaker 1: Then he goes working out all day, if you're just walking from your desk to the bathroom, totally haven't you flushed the bathroom? You're working those traps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hadn't put extra weights in the flesh lever, so it the's a lot of energy to do that. And then he said aim quote aiming to get fifty pound free weights this week. I build muscle fast. Physical endurance is my weak spot, so I'm aiming to make this quick. Then he goes on quote product testing and working out kills two birds with one stone. I swing one of the forty five pound weights for a kettlebell workout. Dude, testing what this is when he said there's a few things that I got to point out when he said I'm lifting weights throughout the day. Yeah, okay, that sounds like me every time I attempt to start lifting, where I go, oh yeah, I quote lift weights throughout the day. And by that, I mean I look at some dumbbells I bought and wonder, man, can I still curl that shit? And I pick it up. I curl it once or twice the second my arm any kind of stress or tension, I put that shit down. I go, damn so and you've just maxed out, homie. You see, Yeah, why do you take a break? That's what I That's what I picked ure. I say, lifted throughout the day, like I walk by a weight and go let me see this real quick. All right? That was three reps. Okay, I'm ready for my fight with with Mark Zuckerberg. Yeah, and then just the Yeah, aiming to get fifty packs, that's such a lie. You're a fucking billionaire who can, who regularly summons bullshit at a moment's notice, and you're aiming to get fifty You don't know if you can't afford him if you have time to go to home depot later. What the fuck are you talking about? Yeah, so my man, is he shook? I don't think. I don't think he's in a fight. No, probably, I think this ends with him not fighting. I do feel like we would.
Speaker 1: See that he is much bigger than Zuckerberg if they did get in the cage together, and then oh yeah, hopefully Zuckerberg would be able to He's a big boy. Do the meaningful deep kiss that put to sleep Zuckerberg.
Speaker 3: Oh Zuckerberg. He probably gets them in like a rear amount when they're doing jiu jitsu and he just starts kissing on on his neck.
Speaker 2: He's like, and then.
Speaker 3: Go to sleep, Go to sleep. Now, let's.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, one more break, we'll come back. We'll talk latest in the indictment. Get you out of here. We'll be right back and we're back. And Donald Trump, Uh so when I was out, what the heck happened?
Speaker 2: Man? This guy got indicted again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're exercising free speech.
Speaker 1: Just over the weekend, despite being explicitly worn not too he went on social media and just, uh, you're not gonna believe this. Let rip this guy can't fucking help himself.
Speaker 2: It does feel like, I mean, and this, I've had.
Speaker 1: This thought throughout his run in politics that he like knows something we don't and he's like talking like he's about to get like airlifted out of the prison yard, but right in this case, like I don't know what the escape hatch would be, but he just he went off king.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean cause again, the prosecutors are like, we need a protective order because this guy's like if you come after me, I'm going after you all caps, and people like what the fuck is this? And also like you need to fucking muzzle this dude because he has a a fucking pattern, a history of just like leaking evidence or talking about jury selection, or talking about fucking witnesses and trying to fucking witness tamper, like that's his whole fucking thing. And you know, most people are like, is this gonna actually lead to him going to jail because like he's pretty aggressively like not following any orders here. And yeah, I know today Monday, he's supposed to his lawyers are going to court to talk about like this protective order or what's going to happen with that et cetera, what he may or may not be able to do. But I just the way that he's fucking true thing is like it's it's like it, I don't know, it just felt it's like he's like melting down even more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Some people are speculating that he like must want to go to jail because it thinks that he thinks it all like rile up his base. But I think it's probably more likely he's just a rich white man who has never faced consequences for his actions and is unable to suddenly, for the first time in his life, contain his massive, extremely loud personality disorder.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know, Like this is yeah, this is he's.
Speaker 1: Responded to every legal action by just like incessantly talking shit and like throughout his life, long before he was president, like that. He gets sued all the time and he just you know, tries to uh and he's continuing with that same strategy, and it does seem like he might have run out of like options at.
Speaker 3: This point, well he has. He desperately needs something to escalate the like the whole jeopardy of it all for his followers, like exponentially. Yeah, because right now it's like a thing where people like they kind of don't care if he's.
Speaker 2: Convicted, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, they're like I don't care, Like I don't care if he's convinc I don't care if he's guilty, Like I don't care if he's in jail. Like it's like I don't know, I like him, but I don't care. Also I don't care, like it doesn't really bother me about that about him. So because most people are like, yeah, he probably committed a crime, but I don't care, rather than like this is all fucking bull. So I'm sure the idea of him being detained would really then be like it makes it very real and visceral for like all the Magot people, it's like, oh shit, dude, like they got his as locked the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: That's like, I think a huge miscalculation on his part because I don't know what the fuck he thinks it will be like. But I don't know up until this point, like he has been handled with such kid gloves this whole time, Like I'm really, I'm not conn I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it will be it's not like he's gonna go to Gen Pop and like, actually.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: But even then I think, I'm like, but bro, you're not like gonna go home on time out, Like if they detain you like they're there, you probably you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to facility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but okay, go ahead, and you know, like you know, you can't get your hairspray and ship, they don't give you that, I know, So what you're gonna do? So what you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is he gonna look like?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: The tweets were truths or whatever were so fucking all over the place from what he was talking about. It felt like someone like a cat thrashing in a bathtub.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I personally didn't comment on Nancy Pelosi's very weird story concerning her husband, but I can because wait, what what I got to do with you right now? Derange Jack Smith and he that one goes on about Nancy Pelosi and her husband goes.
Speaker 3: That one because it's so fucking weird.
Speaker 2: But now I can because she said something about me with Lee that was really quite vicious. I saw a scared puppy, she said, and she watched me on television like millions of others that didn't see that. I wasn't scared. Nevertheless, how mean a thing to say? How mena a thing to say? She's a wicked witch whose husband's journey from Hell starts and finishes with her. She is a sick and demented psycho who will someday live in hell?
Speaker 3: Are you, sir?
Speaker 2: Journey from Hell starts and finishes with her? So what is that? Even? Did she?
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing if it starts she's a wicked which that I guess maybe conjured him from hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so she starts and finishes with her interesting so.
Speaker 3: That she's merely a manifestation of yeah, I don't know unless she's yeah, she's like, he's a hell spawn and then he's like and once she's done with him, chi, he will cast cast him back to fucking hell whatever.
Speaker 2: So off on jack Smith.
Speaker 1: He went off on the judge like, and this is all after they were like, Hey, we got to ask him not to do this ship because he's biasing juries. He's like revealing evidence about the case. We can't share evidence with him because we know he's going to talk about that ship.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. It just seems like he is incapable of even conceiving of consequences and therefore.
Speaker 3: No or again because he's been living life with the like white privileged star of like Mario, where you just like like that even then you're like, man, what's the consequence anyway? You know, like it's all everything's like so malformed in terms of how you perceive these kinds of things, So it would be funny, it's like it's it's it almost feels like that or that, Like I think, wasn't the pilot of South Park where they had the volcano in town and they were all told to just duck and cover and the lava would go over them, like as a means to say safe safe in a volcanic eruption, Like he has like duck and cover mentality. He was like, yeah, just duck and cover and then it'll just all go over me, rather than like it's magma that will fucking vaporize your whole.
Speaker 1: Shit, right, Like, the worst thing that's ever happened to him is that he wanted to be a professional baseball player and instead his dad gave him a million dollars to become a businessman. He's like, fuck, that's it could have been great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got sucked over by the system too.
Speaker 1: The Pence thing, I think you guys probably talked about this last week, But like, isn't he on Wax in the indictment telling Mike Pence he's tooana one Pence wouldn't go along with the scheme? Like that does feel like pretty definitive evidence, right, Yeah, No, he's jacked like he's they fucked right, Yes, like in a court of law.
Speaker 2: That feels bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like his his team's media defense seems to be like he was just saying what he thought was true, like he believed that he had won the election, and like they have him one Wax saying depens like you're too honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Well and also not just that, like you know, he knows he didn't win because he had to do all these things to ensure to try and overturn the results.
Speaker 1: That's ends like thirty five forty five thousand votes for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also like the idea, the free speech shit is they keep talking about, Well, he's just saying, Louid, he believes that's what they're not, that's you're that's not what this does understand what diffree speeches. It's also it's about this conspiracy. Yeah, this collection of actions that came together to attempt to overturn the election. It's not just what he said at the fucking rotund or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all the actions too.
Speaker 3: So they're being very disingenuous. And again they're just they just need something that's like a very tidy way for the followers again to just be like, it's about free speech, man, No, no, and then you can just kind of go on with your.
Speaker 1: Day, right, do they like do they think that free speech means that you can hire a hitman? Like because you're just using speech.
Speaker 3: Well, your honor, I believed like that my wife was gonna like take off with all my money in the divorce, so I had to murder her.
Speaker 2: It's just words.
Speaker 3: I don't know like I would. Who knows. I mean, these lawyers have they've gone, They've gone the extra fucking mile to look at as terrible as possible, So who knows.
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that have been going on over the weekend and into this morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, Be kind to yourselves. Get the vaccine. Just get the vaccine. There's a lot of despite the fact that you tested native, there is a lot of COVID going around.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, be careful out there.
Speaker 1: Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Fight bite