Speaker 1: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs. Trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood.
Speaker 2: Trading Crypto invalve significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through an account with the robin Hood Crypto LLC. Robin Hunt Crypto is licensed to engagement virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto Health thro robin Hood Cryptos not FDFC insured or SIPC PROTECTIC confesting in VOSS risk including loss of principal securities. Trading is offered through an account with Robinhood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 3: If I'm a buy a home, I want a home. I don't want to live. Oh, you have to deal with neighbors.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna have to deal with a mortgage. Yeah, you either deal with neighbors, you deal with a mortgage. And FACHA is only one year living requirement.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So a lot of people the single family dream has been pushed to folks, but the American dream it just rocked people to sleep. It's actually the American nightmare. Everything they tell you to do in the American dream is to rock you to sleep. Everything they tell you do to go to college, who gets paid off that student own interest? The government? They say, go get a high paying job. Who gets paid take their money off the top the government. Then they say, go get a single having home. Who do you have to pay property taxes to the government. Everything they told you to do in the American dreamer so that they could get paid.
Speaker 6: My graduates from my school being false.
Speaker 4: Back drop drop, Mike, drop, back drop drop.
Speaker 7: All right, guys, welcome back, e y L.
Speaker 3: This is uh, you know, we've been on the road for a very long period of time, so this is the first time in a while that we actually shoot an episode. Yeah for sure. So this is one of these episodes that right up our alley as far as like how we've started with information, Like we pick a topic and then we just get an expert in the in the field and give a lot of gyms and information. That's kind of been our blueprint since the beginning. And we haven't done a real estate episode in a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've been relegated to our boy MG.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shot rightfully, So no shout out to Matt he's killing the game. Make sure you check out Ransom Gyms podcast on Eyo Network, top real estate podcast in the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: But you know we talked about stocks of all the time, obviously market mondays, but once again, you know, we haven't spoken about real estate in a while. In real estate is the cornerstone, one of the cornerstones for building wealth in his country and all over the world. So I say that to say, I thought it would be a perfect time to get back on the real estate side of things.
Speaker 7: So yes, we do.
Speaker 3: So Julian Gordon, I'm sure you're already familiar with him because he's been killing the game for a while online social media. He's actually been at investest. He's investment.
Speaker 5: He wasn't just investment. He had a moment right now that was that was a moment.
Speaker 3: So if he was at investments, you saw that. And then he's been on with the family, Ransom Gyms and ash Cash. So Julian is interesting because you know a lot of people talk about real estate, but everybody has different niches. So his thing is multi family homes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, missed the multi family himself.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, So he actually is the head of the multifamily movement. So he has a program and I believe his students here own with four thousand students and they have a total of two hundred and sixty two closings right of multi family homes one hundred and forty closings this year. Matt always says, because I know Matt does a lot of financing, he was like, Yo, these people in this group is crazy, Like they hit me. They hit me every day non stop. But that's a good thing because I mean, if they're out hunting for deals, they're hungry. So what he does is he teaches people about not just how to buy real estate, but specifically multifamily homes and multi family homes is something that is extremely important, especially like where we live in the Northeast, but really different pockets all over the country. And MG has spoke about multifamily homes before. Actually when he first came on the podcast, that was his whole strategy as far as you know, get a multi family and have positive cash flow and things of that nature. So we're going to have a really interesting, dope conversation about real estate multi family homes, and I'm sure there'll be a lot of gyms dropped so first and foremost, thank you for joining us, brother, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Here, thank you.
Speaker 8: We missed the amount of funds that have been generated from the students. Sixty two million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's about sixty two million if you If I average each property is about three hundred thousand. Yeah, we up there, So I actually seventy five since that number, I need to update that number. We were at seventy five million and real estate acquired in two years.
Speaker 7: Don't let that go over here. Yeah, so all right, let's get into this.
Speaker 3: I want to get into details, Nnie Griddy, but before I start, I just want to give an overview of how did you get to this point? Because I actually just found out something that he was in one of the most prestigious business do You graduated from one of the most prestigious Brison schools of all, Stanford University. So I would assume that originally you was on like a business path, maybe even tech path, because a lot of people go to Stanford that So what made you get into real estate?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I went into business school because I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur. But when you look at business school and what actually comes out of it, you see a lot of people actually escaping the corporate plantation going to business school and then and then to back up on the corporate plantation at a higher pay, And so it wasn't actually training entrepreneur. Stanford happened to be the most entrepreneurial business school out there. So that's why I chose Stanford. But everything that I've learned about business that has allowed me to create the wealth that I have today didn't come from Stanford. It didn't come from the marketing class there, It didn't come from the finance class there. It came through actually reinvesting back into my own education, in my own mind, through coaches, consultants, and things of that nature. After But my real estate journey actually starts with my mom. She was a doctor, anesthesiologist, and she had a good paying job. She was following the American dream and she ended up with a mental health issue, not anything to her fault whatsoever, and that mental health issue caused her to lose her license. And once the one single income stream evaporated, then she couldn't pay the mortgage on the home that we had in Oakland. That home today is worth one point eight million dollars and so when I saw somebody who did everything that they were supposed to do actually lose it all because they were lying on one stream of income, even though it was a high stream of income, that made me choose a different path. And so in college I read Richards That Poor Dad, like many people did, and I knew immediately, not only from my own mom's story, but from that book that my first property was not going to be a single family home, that it would be a multi family home. And so I purchased my first multi family home in Brooklyn. It was a triplex twenty thirteen. And the moment I went from paying expensive rent in Brooklyn to being paid expensive rent, the game was over. And so you know, as I started trying to go deeper into the game, buying another property in Brooklyn was challenging because I used FAHA for that first property, but the next one will require twenty five percent down, and when you have properties that are a million dollars, twenty five percent down is going to be a quarter million. So I decided to scale my portfolio by investing outside of Brooklyn, and that's how I found the New Orleans market, and from there I just doubled down and continue to scale my portfolio eventually moving down to New Orleans and things of that nature.
Speaker 8: So I was wondering because like a lot of people will start in real estate, they don't have the fund and so, faha was.
Speaker 5: The route you did for your first triples?
Speaker 4: Correct? So three and a half percent down at that time the property was like seven hundred thousand, So it wasn't major money. I did have to save. I did have to discipline myself in order to save that, but I made that payment and then from there I haven't had a housing expense since May of twenty thirteen.
Speaker 7: How many houses your home now?
Speaker 4: I have forty U sixteen buildings, forty units, but that's just my personal portfolio. So forty doors, right, yeah, forty doors, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I to put a post.
Speaker 3: I think like one hundred doors, one hundred, a thousand shares a new club, Yeah, a thousand shares, one hundred doors, that's something that so you're own halfway there, yeah, halfway.
Speaker 4: There, and then you add in my portion of the other funds, I'm probably around eighty when you add in those as well. We just closed on a thirty six unit in Scotlandville and Baton Rouge, so yeah, so continuing to scale up.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, appreciate that, all right, So let's get into some questions. So the biggest thing for that stops people from buying real estate is money. Yeah, you know, well we'll talk about mindset also, but money is definitely a big thing and financing. But there are different programs, especially you know, we're talking about multi family homes, so yeah, I won't talk about a few one that we have not coverage yet, which is NAKA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you talk about NACA a little bit, man, NACA is amazing. NACA is amazing, but it's two sides of the coin. You'll hear people say NACA is amazing those who have closed, and then you'll hear other people say NACA is not amazing. Right, So NAKA is really really powerful because zero percent down, no closing costs, no points for fees, et cetera, and extremely low interest rates. And the key to winning at NACA is making sure that your counselor is solid. If your counselor's not solid, then it's going to be a difficult journey for you. And then it's also your persistence. You have to stay on that person. You actually have to lead your counselor to get to the finish line. So if you're just going to sit back and think that some program is literally going to give you a home for nothing and you don't actually put in any effort, it's going to be a hard road for you. So I've had many people closed through my program. See, NACA does the financing, but they don't teach you how to find the deal or how to finalize the deal. Financing is actually the easiest part of the real estate game when you know about programs like NAC or faha. So NAKA actually is not a program for poor people. So that's actually what keeps half the people out is because they have a perception that is for people who have low income, and it's not. What's powerful about it and why people with low income are able to go through the programs because there's no credit score consideration, and that's huge for a lot, no closing clues, no points or fees payment, and no credit. So here's how they verify you. So basically, they take whatever you've been paying in rent plus whatever you're able to prove that you can save over a three month period. So if you're paying twelve hundred dollars a month in rent on time consistently, right, and you're able to show them that you're able to save an additional three hundred dollars a month on top of that, then they'll prove you for a mortgage of fifteen hundred dollars, gotcha. So that's how they verify your ability to afford the real estate. And so NAKA has two tiers of people, they have priority and non priority. So priority is anyone who is making eighty percent or less of the area's AMI. So AMI is the area's median income. So those people are able to get interest rates as low as two percent. Two percent, that's basically free money when you account for inflation being six percent, right, So, and then a non priority members who have higher incomes start at three percent. But then what NAC actually tells you to do is that since you're no longer paying a down payment, why don't you buy down these points? Right? And so a point is a percentage of your mortgage. So if you have a mortgage of three hundred thousand dollars, you could pay three thousand dollars one percent of that and actually buy down your interest rate. And they have tiers where their interest rates when you pay three thousand dollars in advance, the bank is taking that three thousand dollars in advance, then your interest rate is going down by probably like zero point one two five, Right, So you're a quarter, not an eighth of a point every time you contribute three thousands. So rather than putting that towards the down payment, because there is none, you're actually buying down points. So you'll see people in NACA have interest rates that are less than one percent. And so when you look at that over a thirty year period, a decrease in interest rate by one percent on a three hundred thousand dollars mortgage, that's going to save you sixty thousand dollars over the life of that loan.
Speaker 8: Is there a limit that you can put into like to the point where you're putting three thousand in two thousands, to a point where.
Speaker 5: There's at point.
Speaker 4: I think it's point twenty five. A quarter of a percent is the lowest you can go with NAKA as a priority.
Speaker 8: So who qualifies for this? Is anybody eligible to qualify for KNAKA loans?
Speaker 4: Anybody? Well, anybody no income rescription.
Speaker 3: It's a government program, right, No, it's actually a nonprofit nonprofits, a nonprofit that organize against the banks initially when all the predatory lending happened, and somehow they organize against the banks and then got the banks to offer this amazing financing for people to kind of rectify the guilt that they had accumulated through all the predatory lending that they had done. But I know, so some of the downside is like people saying like it takes a long time and it's like tedious process.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, So the best way to approach NACA is actually to do your savings and actually have all your documentation in advance. So if I've been able to prove that I've been saving this particular amount in advance of actually applying for the program in my appointment, then I hit the ground running. But if I start without any financial discipline in advance and then have to go through the process of demonstrating that I can save this amount of money for this particular mortgage, that's going to take me an additional amount of time in order to qualify and get pre approved by them. So it's just coming to the table with your financial house in order first, and that accelerates the process for folks.
Speaker 8: How many times, can you actually use a knack a loon, Like, if I do it and I pay for home and let's say ten years, am I else will to do it again? Or can I have them running science simultaneously?
Speaker 4: How it wor no naka. Naka expects you to live in the home for the life of the loan, but it is a minimum of five year living requirement. So FAHA is only a one year living requirement and NACA is a five year but they actually desire you to live in that home for the life of the loan. So NACA is not a play where you can run several times faha. There are some hidden way, some secret way to use faha twice he had to use faha twise. But naka are likely not. And so if you want to scale your portfolio beyond NAKA after you use NAKA, you're actually going to have to refinance once you're out of this amazing interest rate right to go conventional to free you up to be able to go use one of the other loan programs, or go conventional and scale your portfolio up.
Speaker 8: So you can refinance after five years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after five years, they actually hold a second lean position on you for that five years to make sure that you stand in property and you're not house hacking through them. So yeah, it's five years, but you're in order for refinance, you're going to need your home to have be at eighty percent loan to value. Now you put zero percent down, So you either have to force that appreciation or you have to have bought so right that it is appreciated to that extent over that period of time, over that five year period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and THATCA is a great place in Aca if anybody that's that's how it's spelled. And I think they have like seminars and stuff like that or like yeah all the time. Yes, So you can actually like just Google in your area and like you said that you have a council like if you get a signed to somebody who's working with you. Yeah, and they kind of help you through the process and getting your documentation and everything in order. And you know, it's definitely beneficial for I've known some people that definitely have been able to purchase home through the NACO definitely.
Speaker 4: So Gloria, she purchased a triplex in Brooklyn, I know, in Philadelphia recently, and all she had to come out of pocket to acquire a triplex from Philadelphia? Was title fees? Title fees are a pair of Jordans. She got a triplex in Philadelphia for a pair of Jordans or a round trip flight from New York to Los Angeles, Like anybody can do that, but you have to know that it's there, and you have to be persistent and you have to be financially disciplined to be able to get qualified through them ERNs.
Speaker 8: What's going on this Black History Month? McDonald's kicking off Future twenty two, a campaign celebrating twenty two Gen Z leaders across the country who are making an impact on their communities right now. This generation may have the largest influx of young leaders since the Civil Rights Movement. They're starting their own organizations, finding ways to empower youth and culture, standing up and speaking out. McDonald's is showcasing their efforts and the impact they're having on the world. Ever heard of Anaya Dillard. She's an eighteen year old activist who started the Next Gen Come Up, a nonprofit that encourages activism and community service. McDonald's is sharing stories of the Future twenty two leaders like Anaya and more on their Instagram at We Are golden.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about another financing program we spoke about before, but once again, it was a while ago since the last time we spoke about it, FHA loan. Yeah, so I think the FAH loan has beneficial because correct me if I'm wrong, You're able to put like three point five percent down. Correct, So talk about FAHA if anybody that's not familiar with fa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, FHA is a government program and and three point five percent down on a three hundred thousand dollars duplex, right, is only ten thousand, five hundred dollars. So where else can what other business can you buy for ten five hundred dollars that is valued at three hundred thousand dollars get financed for it within like forty five days, right, with minimal experience? What other business and they have it immediately cash flowing. There's no other business that you can buy for three hundred thousand dollars like that that quickly. And so this is why FAHA is so powerful. So FAHA typically requires about a six to eighty credit score to get qualified. It actually can go down. But if your credit score is below six eighty, then your interest rate or your down payment are going to increase on FAHA. There are FAHA guidelines. These are federal guidelines, but lenders can stack on their own lending guidelines on top of it. So just because FAHA says that the credit score minimum is six eighty or other lenders may say, no, we actually need a seven twenty in order to qualify you for that, so they can stack on their own guidelines to FAHA. But FAHA is really powerful. That's how I acquired my triplex in Brooklyn with the FAHA loan. And the downside of FAHA that people don't tell you is the PMI. It's a private mortgage insurance. Not going to and have private mortgage insurance, and so private mortgage insurance means that their banks are literally the government is actually protecting the banks, like they've already bailed up the banks. I don't know why the banks need protection, but they're protecting the banks. And so there's this additional private mortgage insurance. So it could be an additional one percent fee. So again, if your loan is three hundred thousand dollars, one percent is three thousand dollars per year. You divide that by twelve months, and now you're paying an additional additional two hundred and fifty dollars per month on your mortgage payment for this private mortgage insurance. And now that PMI is actually permanent. It's permanent until you refinance out.
Speaker 7: Oh, it doesn't go away after twenty percent.
Speaker 4: Used to go away after twenty percent. It is now permanent until you refinance out.
Speaker 8: So you said if the credit score wasn't great, that the interest rate can go up on three point five.
Speaker 4: Right, No, the down payment is down five. The interest rate is going to depend on a variety of things, now.
Speaker 8: Depending on if you get a single family or multi family. With those factors as well, that can change the strate of the property.
Speaker 5: Of the loan.
Speaker 4: No, so the interest rate is based on So for when I talk multifamily, I'm talking about two family, three family, or four family homes. These are also known as duplexus, triplexes, or four plexes. So once you get to five units or more, that's a commercial loan and that's a different lending process, right, that's a different lender, different terms, twenty year amortization, you're having an arm your interest rate is going to be higher, et cetera. So the interest rate is not dependent on whether it's a duplex, triplex, or four plex. The interest rate is based on your financial profile.
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 3: So that PMI is that just for the FHA or is that because I know pre like, if you just put less than twenty percent on any type of mortgage, you have P and I.
Speaker 7: But until you get to twenty.
Speaker 3: Percent conventional is pm I two? That's the same thing, correct, all right? So just for the FAHA, it stays on for the.
Speaker 4: Life, stays on until you refinance out. So if I see that I went FHA, I have PMI. That's two hundred and fifty dollars additional per month. But my home is appreciated. I bought right in a gentrifying neighborhood, and I believe that I'm an eighty percent loan of value. I'm going to go run the numbers, get an appraisal, and actually refinance out of that PMI. And that's two hundred and fifty dollars back in my pocket. That's a car note, as a cell phone bill, that's groceries for folks. So yeah, but that's the key to buy and right. If you don't buy right, then you have to literally just sit and wait and continue to cough up this extra two hundred and fifty dollars a month that is just literally there to protect the banks.
Speaker 8: So PMI exists on a conventional If it's not twenty percent, there's correct. What if I'm doing it's not My primary residence is in our investment property. Just PMI exists on that, and I think it's like twenty five percent.
Speaker 4: There's twenty five percent down on a purely investment property. So yeah, you have to do correct. So there's no PMI, gotcha? Yeah, two O.
Speaker 7: Three K loan? That care you talking about that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So two or three K loan fha same thing. But here's how it works. So they're going to give me my three point five percent down payment's going to be on the acquisition price plus the actual rehab. So if my acquisition price is two hundred and the rehab is one hundred, then my down payment is still going to be ten thousand, five hundred. What's powerful about the two O three K loan is that you're going to get a two or three K consultant who guide you through some of the rehab process, and you're likely going to step in and built in equity because you took something that was run down, you put in one hundred thousand to it, it's now like a brand new home. So even though you have three hundred thousand in, you build equity. So now you're stepping into equity right out the gates. And that's one of the keys to buying right. So we don't just want people to go out there and buy real estate, just like we don't want people to just go out there and buy stocks just because we said so. We want you to buy right. And so buying right is three criteria. First criteria is that you're stepping into built in equity, meaning that your a praise price is actually higher than your purchase price. So you're stepping in equity right out the gates. You won out the gates because you have equity. The second criteria is that in multifamily at at least a twelve percent castional cash return in the rule of seventy two. Seventy two divided by twelve means that your money's doubling every six years. The money that you have in the property is doubling every six years. And then the third criteria for buying right is that there's definite appreciation potential and definite appreciation potential means that I've identified thirty three signs of gentrification, and definite appreciation potential means that you bought on the right side of the wave. And so when I bought on Fulton and Utica in Brooklyn, there was about ten to fifteen signs of gentrification there, right, and that was called do or die pad stot at the time when I purchased it no longer right because I saw it coming from Dumbo, correct, it was coming from I saw the wave coming from Dumbo right to Fort Green stuyves and the heights to Best Stie. So I saw the wave. So I bought right here. I bought right here when the wave was here, and I've been able to ride that wave all the way through East New York. So that's definite appreciation potential because now that neighborhood has thirty of the thirty three signs of gentrification. So every time a new sign is added, the equity is going up.
Speaker 5: All right, we gotta go there, We have to go there. So three signs of gentrifications.
Speaker 8: Sorry, we like to see it, like I used to say, like, yo, you see a Starbucks, you see you see these fortune five hundred companies Uh, you see new construction, you see new building. What are some of the signs that you're looking for in that list of signs of gentrification?
Speaker 4: Our favorite one is, uh is a white girl running at nine pm through to what used to be known as a hood with her ear pods on and the Lululemon You you're good to go. You're good to go. Okay, gotta bel Oh no park, she's still a little too hood. Gotta be Lululemon. And that's just a telltale sign. Of course. You're going to start to see dumpsters, coffee shops, cafes, yocal studios, a dog grooming. You're gonna see bike lanes, things of that nature. These are some of them.
Speaker 7: Their white lanes is heavy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna start to call graffiti art right all of a sudden. You see neighborhood name changes and things of that nature. So these are some of the key signs of gentrification, and you have to train your eyes to be able to observe them and watch them happening. Because they're happening. You just have to train your eyes.
Speaker 7: The bike lanes is heavy, yeah, all through hall them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Once you saw those city bike.
Speaker 3: Things, yeah, you know yeah, but even like the beltline in Atlanta, similar type of situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's and it's the same patterns playing out. So I saw the same pattern in Oakland, right, I saw it in West Oakland and East Oakland. Then I saw the same pattern in Inglewood. When I was down in LA, then I saw the same pattern here, saw the same pattern. It's the same pattern playing out. So it's just pattern recognition at the end of the day. And so if you're able to see the patterns and you're able to get ahead of them and benefit from it.
Speaker 3: So here's a big one that everybody asks because a lot of our New Yorker's our biggest market, followed by Atlanta, Los Angeles, so Oakland, California. So we have listeners all over the world, but a lot of people are in these major markets, and the common denominated is that real estate is expensive, extremely high.
Speaker 7: So a lot of people get discouraged.
Speaker 3: They're like, this might work for you know, if you in the middle of America, but in Brooklyn, in hallm like in you know, La, it's not working.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't have enough money to buy real estate. So this is this is something I think is going to be extremely beneficial how to win and beat out cash buyers and hedge funds and expensive markets like New York and Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to know what you're doing. You're playing against heavy hitters, and so you have to elevate your game. If you think you're just going to walk into the real estate market and be able to play with the big boys and not understand what you're doing, you're gonna lose every time. So I tell people all the time, you see a property on trulyian Zilo, first and foremost, that's not where I go to find properties. All of my property I find is off market deals. So I'm not competing with people because once a property hits one of those websites, there's a thirty percent premium because now demand is increasing because everybody in the world is seeing that property that's getting emailed out to everyone. Right, So I'm looking for off market deals. And how do you find off market deals? You find them through relationships, through human beings. So my real estate rollodecks in New Orleans about sixty six people, multiple agents. That's a gym. I don't just have one agent like a lot of people that you just get one agent let them go do all the work. Don't have multiple agents? Why would I restrict my search to one single agent. Now, if that agent happens to be the best in the city at identifying multi family properties, I'll sign an exclusive agreement with them. But otherwise, whoever brings me the deals, who's going to get the commission and get paid. I have contractors, I have lenders, I have other property owners. I have friends and family who are looking out for me. Why would a contractor be looking out for me? Because if they find a deal and bring it to me, who's going to get the work? When I need to rehab that property? The contractor is right?
Speaker 8: So what's that process like because a lot of times people fall into that. You know what, everything was great, I can't find a good contractor what's the process of finding a good one, keeping a good one, build a relationships with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's word of mouth and pulling up on people on site. So when you see contractor outside of a house, you pull up. You got to see their work. Otherwise you're just guessing for some YELP reviews or something like that, and all of those can be manipulated. If I actually see your work and I see that you start to hear about out Wednesday and you are out the door by Monday of next week for a bathroom, then I know you are efficient and good at what you do. And it's got to be word of mouth. Like my real estate Rollodecks has been built by word of mouth and then pulling up people on site and testing them out, so you might test them out on painting one bedroom before you test them out on painting the entire house that you have, right and see what the quality of work is at that level. But back to the question at hand, so off market deals. The other thing is that the only thing that beats a cash offer is a fast offer, So you have to be confident about what you're doing. And when it comes to evaluating multi family real estate, there's actually twenty three numbers that you need to know. When you're buying a single family home, is how much would we get approved for right? Four hundred thousand? How much is the home three eighty do we like it? Yes or no? Three factors. When you're buying multi family real estate, there's twenty three numbers that you have to know to evaluate a deal, and if you leave out one single number, you can literally step into a bad deal that will set you back for five to ten years. So you have to know how to run those numbers. If you are on Trullian Zillow and you're over here heart and stuff and bookmarking stuff, I know you're not ready to play this game. Because when you are hurting something on Tuesday, right and put it in your favorites folder and you talk about, I'm gonna come back to it on Saturday, what's the two words under the listing every time you come back to it on Saturday pending under contract? Because you didn't know how to play the game, somebody else saw the deal and moved on it. So you have to be able to make those decisions confidently. And it's all based on numbers. Multi family real estate is purely based on economics, not on emotions. So I don't make emotional decisions when it comes to multi family real estate. For instance, the property that I bought in Oakland, I was living here in Brooklyn. I ran the numbers and my offer was in within one hour of the listing being up, within one hour, right, no hesitation whatsoever. I didn't have to see the property. I've actually never set foot inside of this property. I bought that property for four hundred and eighty thousand dollars and twenty seven months we got a rear praise twenty seven months later, as were seven hundred and ten and I've never set foot inside of it. So for those who are in expensive markets, your money does not have to work in the same city as you do. Some people have bought Amazon stock never been to Seattle. You bought Nike stock and never been to Oregon. Your money does not have to work in the same city as you do. So when you understand how to run the numbers, and you know certain neighborhoods, and you have a great agent on the ground in that market, you're not limited to where you are. A lot of people think, oh, real estate, it has to be where I'm living, and that's cool. Typically I tell people here's the four markets that you should invest in, and a lot of people think that they're cities. No one investor. First try to invest where you live. Okay, if that doesn't work because it's too expensive for something like that. To invest where you're from, Because you know what was happening there when you're growing up, you're able to see the patterns and the trends. That's why I invested in Oakland, right. Then three invest where you want to be a contribution, So for me, that was New Orleans. I want to be a contribution to that culture. And then four invest wherever you can make money. I've never invested purely in a place because of making money. So when it comes to real estate being expensive where I am, let's just calculate how expensive you paying rent is for the next five to ten fifteen years.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: If you're rent in New York is two thousand dollars, that's twenty four thousand dollars. That's an l that's a twenty four k L. And if we multiply that by ten years, that's a quarter million dollars. That's two hundred and forty thousand dollars ten years. So what's actually more expensive? So when an expensive market like typically we're looking for a twelve percent cash on cash return, right, But in a market like New York, you might have to settle for the fact that the money that's coming out of my pocket is less than what I'm paying in rent. So if I'm paying if I'm negative two thousand in rent in New York and I'm able to find a multifamily that only reduces my house an expense to five hundred dollars. That's actually a win in an expensive market. Is that the ideal twelve percent cash on cash return when my property is now paying me no, but it's actually changing my cash flow of my family because now I'm up fifteen hundred dollars a month because of this multi family. So these are some of the keys being willing to invest from a distance, reevaluating the numbers and comparing it to how expensive rent is, because that's going to be there unless you've changed something. Rent is going to continue to be there. There's only three ways to get rid of your house and expense forever. That is one live in a tent, two go to jail, or three by multi family real estate. So you talk about twenty three numbers to know what are some of the numbers. Yeah, so you have to know the rents obviously, right, just because a seller gives you rent role doesn't mean that those are the actual rents. You need to know what the actual rents are. You need leases, you need to verify those.
Speaker 3: Talk about that because that's something that people don't fully appreciate, Like, yeah, you have to actually know what's actually happening with the property.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not what it's just telling you what is happening. Yeah, you have to do due diligence.
Speaker 4: So I'm asking for leases, but even leases don't tell me if that tenant is actually paying on time. So I need to actually see that amount of money hitting the account between the first and the fifth for all four units that I'm about to purchase. I'm buying a business. I'm buying a business. And if we were going to buy a laundry matter or something like that, we're going to actually need to see the cash flow now, because most owners are just individuals. Some of them don't have good accounting around the actual cash flow of the property. But you have to know what you're getting into, especially in this market where you have COVID restrictions and you can't evict people, et cetera. You got to actually know those things. And so I'm asking for bank statements. I don't need to see your entire bank statement, cross everything out, but I need to see when that money actually hit the account, right. But then we use other online tools like rental meter to actually identify how much should this particular unit be getting right, and so if I see that a seller has not increased rents for ten years and the rents are actually at one thousand dollars, but I run the numbers over here and look at the standard deviation because that's what a rental meter does, and I see that could actually be commanding thirteen hundred dollars a month, then I might have found some hidden value in a particular property. Now, as an ethical investor, I'm not interested in displacing people. So I'm not like some of these other real estate folks who say, yeah, just come in by the property and just kick the people out. Know, as ethical investors, we put people before profit. We put people before profit. These we want our people to stay in our communities. But what's crazy is that a good investor actually has to increase rents every single year. And that was that was a hard awakening for me. And here's why. If I'm an owner in Oakland and I don't increase rents just because I want to be nice to my tenants, right then when I want to sell my property at eight hundred thousand dollars, a property that I got fifteen years ago for three hundred thousand dollars, the crints will not justify that to a seller, and therefore I will be stuck in that property and never be able to get it off. So I'll literally not be able to ever get liquid or release that property because the rents don't justify it. And so we increase rents according to the CPI in that market. So if the CPI in Oakland will win up three percent that year, then we're going to increase rents by three percent because guess what, my other expenses are going to go up three percent. My contractors are going to go up, my utilities are going to go up, my garden is going to go up, and so in order to provide you, taxes are going up. So in order to still provide you with the quality housing that I desire to provide for you, I have to be able to meet that. If I think just by being nice right and keeping your rent where it is, then ultimately I might not have enough money to fix that roof leak because I didn't increase rents, but all my other expenses went up during that period of time. Yeah, so this is this is really key. So even as an ethical investor, we have to increase rents, but we don't increase rents in such a way where it's going to be from one thousand and thirteen hundred just like that, or else you got to get out. That's not that's not how we treat people.
Speaker 8: So you said, this is this kid because you know all the numbers, and it's something like Corona happens. Yeah, and you have a rental oratorium and it's like all right, well people don't have to pay rent.
Speaker 5: So how do you handle a situation like that? I know you have a lot of doors. How does that work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so half of my portfolio section eight. So that's guaranteed income, right, whether the economy is up and dawn. Yeah, whether the economy is up or down, I'm straight. And then the other key is you have to actually screen your tenants. So my market rate tenants, teachers, nurses, people like that whose income is not going to fluctuate based on a market. Like in New Orleans, I typically won't hire somebody who's in hospitality, right because, especially in this COVID environment, that hotel shuts down or flights or canceled things of that nature. Now their income is fluctuating there. For that means my income is going to fluctuate so you have to be very mindful about who you actually attract. So some of those other numbers include your property management, right includes the g gardening. Like if I look at a property online and I see that it has no grass or a lot of grass, I'm going to put aside a eighty dollars budget a month for a gardener if it has grass, because that has to be up kept. They're literally cities that will give you give you tickets for not upkeeping your yard. Right, I have to know my cap X. Cap X is my capital expenditures. Those are about ten percent of rents. So if rents are four thousand dollars, I'm going to set aside four hundred dollars a month in a separate account for roof, foundation, electrical plumbing, and things of that nature. Right in HVAC, I'm going to set aside money for those things that I know will come. They might not be immediate right now. I may not need a new roof right now, but I need to set aside a portion of rents for that repair reserve. Like the sink leaks or a hole in the wall, or rodents or something like that, that's I'm gonna set aside five percent For that, I got to know my interest rate, right, I got to know my down payment these are I got to know my PMI. So all of these numbers factor into seeing if this property is actually going to cash flow at the level that you desire. And again you leave out one numbers, especially a number like tax. You think you're buying a cash flowing property. Then you see that your taxes in New York at eight thousand dollars a year, and you realize that you're negative, that you went backwards. And the key thing about tax in calculating taxes when you're running your numbers is that the tax assessment is usually going to be based on the purchase price that the previous owner purchased the property at, right, and their taxes are going to be based on that. But once you purchase it at two times or three times what they purchased it at because they were sitting on it for twenty years, it's gonna get reassessed and your taxes may double or triple accordingly, So if you were running your numbers based on their taxes, you think your property is cash flowing. But then when it gets reassessed a year later after you've owned it you realize that you're actually in the negative because you didn't account for the fact that it was gonna get reassessed at the purchase price that you bought it for.
Speaker 3: So set you said, half of your properties are like Section eight tenants. Yes, can you talk about that. We haven't talked about that on the program yet. We'll talk about Section eight because I know obviously it has a lot of you know, stigma attached to it, but it's actually a lot of positive It is for being a landlord.
Speaker 4: Right. I don't know where the stigma came from. I think it was in Living Color. I think it might have been I think it might have been some of Living Colors skin or Martin or something like that. Talking about Section eight tenants. But you actually get to still screen your section eightenants. Somebody. Just because somebody shows up with a voucher, you don't have to say, oh, you get to move in. You still have to screen them. So I'm literally going to scream my section eighten It's just like I was a screen market rate tenant, and I'm looking at how she treats her kids. I'm looking at how she how she keeps herself, right, I'm looking at language, tone patterns and things of that. I'm looking at the application if the instructions were followed, and things of that nature. So I'm literally screening my second e tenants and my Section eight tenants. I'll be honest with you, they all of mine have been good. People fell on hard times. So I had people who got displaced by Katrina. I had people who who lost a husband, things of that nature, and they just experienced something that knocked them off their feet, and they're trying to get back on their feet. And now I get to be a support mechanism provide them a quality, affordable housing so that they don't have to worry about that piece by living in a neighborhood that is not actually conducive for their kids to grow up in. So I love my Section eight tennis. They love me. And on top of that, they typically don't don't leave unless family size expands. They typically don't leave less family size expands. So the section it's still in this for a minute, So it's Section eight. People I think think that Section eight they automatically assume projects housing projects. But you can have section eight.
Speaker 3: And living a home, Yeah, you don't have to live. I think that's a common misconception also, correct. And luxury buildings, well, that's different, that's not sextually and eight that's that's I think that's like subsidized type of rent rent control. It's a little different. But so Section eight is provided by the government.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: You have to be you know, under a threshold I think of like poverty level probably, right, and then they'll give you like a voucher, let's say it's like fifteen hundred dollars or a thousand dollars whatever, and then you can use that and you can live in a.
Speaker 7: House, right, just like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the only issue with Section eight is that the inspections, so they are in New Orleans and particular, uh, the inspections, they can come and they're very they're sticklers about windows, there's sticklers about doors, there's sticklers about where the where the uh the fire alarms are and everything like that. So if you want to avoid any delays in getting your first check, you kind of want to start to learn what they actually look for so that when they actually do come and do the inspection that you're ready to go and the transfer can happen and.
Speaker 3: The government paid you, so they don't have to worry about government pays. What about rent increase?
Speaker 7: Does that?
Speaker 4: Oh? The Section eight programs. So my property in Oakland and my properties in Brooklyn, actually all my properties have Section eight and they're their equivalent to market rate, and I don't have to worry. It's guaranteed. So when you raise the rent, you know, I don't raise the rent. They have their own payment standards, and their payment standards have been competitive with market, right, yeah, the government.
Speaker 3: So this year, this is the payment for two bedroom in New Orleans, okay, and it's it's competitive to the market.
Speaker 8: What's the process, so like when everything's going good, and obviously you said ethical investors and we've screened our tenants. But what happens when something goes bad and it's somebody that you know, what we need to get them out of the property?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 8: What's the process like to evict somebody that's in a Section eight unit.
Speaker 4: You just have to document what occurred and make sure you get that information, have evidence to present to the counselor. I mean there's other people who other landlords will desire Section eight tenants. If you want them, you can have them, but you just have to document the process. It's same with any eviction. You got to go through the same thing. And I only had to do two evictions in my entire experience because I screened right and so I haven't had to have that experience. But it's the same thing, and you want to know the for Section eight I typically go through, I would have to go through housing for I would go through the Section eight office. But for eviction, it's really key for anybody buying more time.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, their seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 5: What matters most ready.
Speaker 8: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: Hey, y'all, Farris Rutger here.
Speaker 9: You know a lot of people ask me what inspires your music, and one of the big things is a strong sense of place. That's why I love my home state of South Carolina and want to share the awesome.
Speaker 7: Things that has to offer.
Speaker 9: From the beautiful mountains down to the sunny coast.
Speaker 7: It's got it all.
Speaker 9: Not to mention too of my personal favorites great golf and amazing food. Come see why I love this place. Visit discover south Carolina dot com.
Speaker 4: My family. You need to know what the eviction process is in your city. You never want to use it, but you need to know how it actually works and how it operates, how quickly, how quickly it can happen. So in New York take you six months.
Speaker 7: Forever you take a year? Yeah, two years?
Speaker 5: Yeah today?
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. So that was what makes it a tenant friendly or a landlord friendly thing. You need to know that process because it may it may happen to you, and that would six months or a year would significantly affect your cash flow and some for some people, their ability to actually afford that property.
Speaker 3: So yeah, how do you get listed for Section eight? You just go on like the government's website and fill out.
Speaker 4: I've never been on Section eight, so I'm sayloord, get a properties, go straight to the Section eight office and say here's I would like to create an account. You'll at your first listening up there, just like you're putting it up on apartments dot com, no different. And then they're going to ask for your your articles of incorporation, They're going to ask for your avoided check, et cetera, so that they can wire you the money on the first of the month. That money comes like clockwork.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, I mean from a landlord standpoint, it's the government paying you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you don't have to worry about it whether the economy is up or down. So yeah, that's like you can't beat that.
Speaker 8: So you said, I'm gonna go back a little bit because I'm thinking that the average person was looking to invest in real estate. If we're not using truly, we're not using Zilo, and we haven't built real estate rolodecks. Yeah, where we're going we're going to ultrasifying properties or were going to like the section Like, where would I go if I was just trying to start?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if you're just trying to start, you go get educated first. You go get educated first. But h you know, they call it driving for dollars, So first and foremost, you want to identify a neighborhood that you think is about to pop off next and so I don't care what city you're in. You should be able to take me on a helicopter ride of that city and actually show me where the lines are, where things are on the fringes, where things are about to pop off. You should be able to tell me that because when you're looking at truly in Zilo, you're looking from a property level. But we need to see how your city is trending. Where are people moving to? Right, So as rents increase in major urban centers, people are leaving and they're going somewhere, and so you need to be able to tell me in your market where are people going. So Mesa, Arizona was one of the hottest rental markets in the country. And you know where Mesa, Arizona is. It's fifteen minutes outside of Phoenix. So Phoenix was getting gentrified and people deciding where do I go that still can get me to work? And Mesa happen to be it. So you need to find that smaller secondary market that is around it. So once you've identified a neighborhood, now you want to start driving for dollars, and you want to start looking for where there's trends, where you're starting to see the ten to fifteen signs of gentrification, and you want to target your search specifically. There then comes personal branding. You have to let people know that this is actually what you're looking for. You need to be very clear in your language. I'm looking for a triplex the in seven eight oh two for the price range of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and you need to start communicating that to not only agents, but to everybody around you so that when things happen, so for instance, somebody's parent transitions or their grandmother transitions, and the children do not want to buy. No child of the four wants to buy the house from their siblings.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants to cash out. And before it hits the market, guess who they reach out to you because you communicated what you were looking for a well, my friend is looking for a multifamily now. So this is this is the key is to build those relationships and let other people know what you're actually looking for. It's not a website. It's been relationships for me, and then driving for dollars means also skip tracing. So driving for dollars, you're driving through neighborhoods and you're looking for properties that are boarded up, you're looking for properties that had overgrown grass, you're looking for properties with twenty newspapers in the front yard, and you take down the address and you do what they call skip trace, and skip tracing means going online and actually identifying the owner through the assessor's website or through white pages dot com. Right, So you skip trace, skip trace them, you call them, you text them, you mail them, right and you ask them if they're what they're doing, what their intentions are for that property. So the home that I live in, my single family that I live in now, I didn't get a single family until I had twenty doors, right. So, but my home that I live in now, I skip trace the owner. I wanted that property. I saw it sitting there vacant, and when I first found her, she said that, oh yeah, I plan to move on there, finish the work that's in there, et cetera. Because it was down to the studs already. And it took me a year and a half to get that property. But I'm the only one that knew that she was in a in between space about what she was going to do with the property because I was the only one who did the research. So I got that property at a discount. I got it for I think put in sixty finished it out really nice and it's worth it Actually is getting re praised this week, and I think it's going to praise it three hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: So well done for people. Let's just bring it back. Multifamily. The benefit of having a multifamily is that you have cash flow as opposed to just most people when they think of buying a home and just buying a single family home. Yeah, and as you said, the problem with that is that if you lose your job, it's not really that when people say, like it's a home and asset or a liability and it's like a single family technically, you can kind of say it.
Speaker 7: Could be a liability.
Speaker 3: Di tactically is where it's a multi family home. You got somebody living you know, below you, above you. Now you actually collect two forms of rent. So it's actually positive cash flow. So that's the benefit of anybody that's wondering, like while we're talking aout multifamily, that's the benefit of multi family homes. Now, one of the knocks multi family homes is that people don't want to live with other people. They don't want to live in the same house that somebody is above them or somebody is blow them.
Speaker 7: What would you say to them for that.
Speaker 4: You're renting right now, somebody living above you or next to you right now.
Speaker 7: If you're in a building, yeah, you likely are.
Speaker 3: But like as far as like buying a home, and you're like, if I'm an buy a home, I want a home.
Speaker 7: I don't want to live you have to deal with neighbors.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna have to deal with a mortgage. You either deal with neighbors, you deal with a mortgage, and faha is only one you're living requirement? Right, So a lot of people the single family dream has been pushed to folks, But the American dream is just rocked people to sleep. It's actually the American nightmare. Everything they tell you to do in the American dream is to rock you to sleep. Everything they tell you to go to college, who gets paid off that student non interest the government? They say, go get a high paying job, who gets paid Take the money off the top the government. Then they say go get a single family home who you have to pay property taxes to the government everything they told you to do in the American dream so that they could get paid.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: So, AHGTV will have you fooled and thinking that once you get the keys you are a home owner. That's a lie, your home buyer, you bought a home, you're not a homeowner because you only put three point five percent down. The bank owns the other ninety six point five percent, right, And so we have to be very careful with our language. What happens is a lot of people buy single family homes and like, oh, look at me, I'm grown now. I ain't renting no more. That's a lie. You still are renting. You're not rented from a landlord. You just rented the bank's money. What is the bank's money rented called? It's called interest. You're renting money. You're not renting a space. You're renting money.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: And so on a three hundred thousand dollars loan at four percent with only three point five percent down, you're about to pay two hundred and eight thousand dollars an interest. So people look at a single family home say, oh, that home's only three hundred thousand dollars. No, that home is going to cost you five hundred and eight thousand dollars. Not only are you buying yourself a home, you're buying your lender a home at the same time. And if you look at the mortgage payment, like, what bank would you go to where you put in two thousand dollars into the account and you only get credited six hundred? Would you bank with a bank like that? That's what a mortgage payment is. Your first mortgage payment or FHA loan at three point five percent down is seventy percent interest. So you put in two thousand and the interest was fourteen hundred. That's a terrible transaction. So when we look at that, a single family home is a dangerous way to try to begin your real estate journey because if you're not careful, this is what's sick. If you're not careful. When you add in the interests, the private mortgage insurance, the property taxes, the homeowner's insurance, and the maintenance of that property, a single family home buyer can actually have more money going out of their pocket due to housing than someone who is renting the same square footage across the street. Now, people say well, Julian, my house appreciate. The appreciation only is covering the interest that you were going to pay to the bank. You're not really up, it's only covering the interest. And so we have to be very careful about calling a single family home an asset when it really isn't. And if you haven't leveraged it, if your money is stuck, even if it has appreciated, and your money stuck in the walls, then it's just sitting there doing nothing until you actually liquidate. And liquid eate doing means selling, and once you sell, you have no place to live. So this is very key. Now there's four financial benefits of multi family real estate. I've talked to you about cash on cash return, and so I have a duplex in New Orleans that I spent the price I didn't spend, but the price is three hundred thousand dollars. So let me just break down over the next thirty years how much that property is going to pay me. It does not look like a million dollar home, but it actually is when you actually look at the numbers. So over the next thirty years, that property is going to pay me six hundred and thirty eight thousand, dollars in cash flow. That's after principal interest, taxes, insurance capecks, or pairs of a vacancy rate. That's money in my pocket over the next six hundred over the next thirty years. Then the tax say savings on that property, money that I do not pay the government, will be two hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars. I'm getting two hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars in tax savings on a three hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Dollars home because of the location of the property.
Speaker 4: No, because I get to depreciate that property over twenty seven point five years and all the expenses related to that property. So I'm actually reducing my tax liability by two hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars over thirty years. Then the principal payd down. Who's paying the principal, I'm not, the tennis are, So that's two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. And then if this property appreciates by one percent every year for the next thirty years, that's an additional one hundred and four thousand dollars. So you add all that up, that's one point two million dollars. So this is a million dollar property, and I still have the property, which is also now I still have three hundred thousand of equity as in the property, so it's actually one point five. So this is simply off of a three hundred thousand dollars duplex. And when you see that, then it becomes a no brainer. See, a lot of people are hesitant to invest in multi family real estate, especially people who are getting this fast money through stock options and stock market investing, et ceter. It's it's great, and we need the fast money and the slow money, but multi family real estate it's actually a twenty five percent return. It's just not a cash on cash return. If I have a twelve percent cash on cash return, and then I add in those other benefits of the principal paydown, the tax savings, and the appreciation, my actual annual rate of return is around twenty five percent. Elon musk annual rate of return since he sold, since he exited PayPal, and to what he has today, his annual rate of return has been forty four point four to four percent. So if I'm able to get twenty five percent return, I think I'm doing pretty good. And a lot of people, you know, the stock market S and P five hundred. Guess what the rate of return is on the S and P five hundred over the past twenty years, everybody twelve percent. January first, two thousand to December thirty first, twenty twenty, the annual rate of return on the S and P five hundred was four point seven seven percent. Run you can go run the numbers right, and there's a lot more volatility in that as well. This is consistent. My daughter will be able to inherit these if I stop right now. Just what my portfolio is, my private portfolio right now, at the age of thirty six, my daughter will have twenty five thousand dollars in passive income for the rest of her life if I stop now right because of multi family real estate investing. So what I've done is I played the long term game first. So a lot of people, you know, they try to get rich quis games, but if they would have played the long term game a long time ago, they'd be a lot further along. So I've actually secured the long term game first. And then what that does is it frees me up to take greater risk in other avenues and other forms of investment that have more volatility. So that's been the way I played the game.
Speaker 5: You said your private portfolio.
Speaker 8: I'm just in my head, I'm thinking in your private portfolio, you still buying the properties through an LLC or.
Speaker 5: Is how does that work?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: In? Yeah, this stage, at this stage, so you can only have ten mortgages as an individual. So yeah, all of my purchases now are in my business name or in the LLC. So there's the parent LLC which is a holding company, and then each property has its own individual LLC and that's that's how I operate now.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it makes it easier, everything's cleaner, it keeps the book clean.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So what about mindset because I feel like, you know, we talked about like finance, and that's one hurdle that stops people. That's why I wanted to open up with financing. But it's not the only hurdle. I think a lot of times people just don't believe that they can buy a home or they just you know, it's especially if you've been written your whole life and you live in a city like New York. List is it's a far fetched idea, And I think the mindset is kind of stops people as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the reason my student succeed is to be focused on the mindset. Right, there's the physical real estate and then there's the mental real estate. And the fact that people are lacking intellectual property is the reason that they don't have physical property. They're missing the information up here. This is why they don't as manifested out here. So the biggest one of the biggest mindset shifts is and you saw me say this, that invests fast that people have to recognize that if you're renting right now, you're homeless. If you're renting right now. And I'm not saying it jokingly, and I'm kind of saying it joking, and I'm kind of serious because technically you are homeless. You literally do not have a home. You're not on the title, you're not on the deed. And when you look at an actual homeless.
Speaker 3: Person, technically homeless, yeah home not homeless like you're on the street, correct, but you just don't have a home a home homeless, yes, So when we look at the actual homeless person who's on the street, right, they probably dealt with childhood abuse, They probably.
Speaker 4: Dealing with mental illness. They have no money, no friends, no family, no shelter, no food, no job, none of that. Right, All they have is to clothes on their backs. And here all of us are. We have roof over ahead, We got the internet, one thousand dollars, computer, one thousand dollars, phone, long old resumes, all this education, people who love us, etc. How is it that that person who's sleeping on the bus bench owns as many properties as you do because all the advantages that you have. How is that possible?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: And so when people recognize that they're actually homeless, and they start to change their subconscious mind because we say, what do people say, Oh, this is my apartment. You know you're dating somebody say, come over to my apartment. That is not your apartment. But we are subconsciously lying to ourselves when we call it my apartment or my house when it's actually not. And so what I actually encourage people to do when they join my program, I literally tell them start going and getting boxes, start packing up. Earners, listen up.
Speaker 8: There's a new site that's building the best real estate and investing experience ever.
Speaker 4: It's called Fundrise.
Speaker 8: It's the first online investment platform designed to give every person the opportunity to own a portfolio of high quality real estate affordably thanks to their cutting edge, low cost model. That's right, Fundriise is revolutionizing the investment world by delivering unparallel transparency and real time reporting that lets you see how the development of specific properties impact your overall portfolio. The platforms innovations, power and investor first model. By eliminating the bloated costs of middlemen that have addertionally, you weigh down real estate investment, saving investors time and money. Every fund Riise portfolio can be allocated according to the types of real estate you personally prefer, drawing on the platforms many active properties over one hundred and fifty handpicked by the in house team of pros, and many more added all the time. When you add fundraise real estate to your investment strategy, you're unlocking a deeper sort of diversification than anything available through your run of the mill public stocks and bonds. And one of the secrets that many of the country's wealthiest investors understand is that when you diversify, your portfolio is not just resilient, it's actually a positioned to earn more. Overall but now, no matter what kind of investor you are, fundraise makes it simple to build a more perfect portfolio.
Speaker 5: But don't just take my word. See for yourself.
Speaker 8: Check out why fundraise has grabbed the attention of the financial world, earning it a place on Forbes list of most Innovative Companies year after year and the title best real Estate Investment Platform in twenty nineteen by the Fintech Breakthrough Awards and earners that got a special off of going on right now, visit fundriise dot com slash leisure. That's f you and d r i se dot com slash leisure to have your first three months of fees wave again, that's fund rise dot com slash leisure. Don't wait, don't hesitate, head over there now.
Speaker 4: I need you start packing up, Go get boxes, because when I travel, and I know you all been on the road, right, do you start taking stuff out of your suitcase and hanging it all up and putting it in the drawers? No, you live out of your suitcase because you know that that place, that hotel is not yours, right, So why do we unpack and get comfortable in places that actually do not belong to us?
Speaker 7: That's like big, you know, big business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when we interview him, he was saying that he moved to Miami and he never got a TV.
Speaker 7: I don't think he got a cow. You just had a bed.
Speaker 3: And he promised his wife and his chap that the reason why he wasn't going to furnish the place because he was only going to be there for a temporary time, So he didn't want to get comfortable.
Speaker 4: Why get comfortable in a place that's time mine. People over here painting walls, you buying furniture for certain nook in somebody else's house. You're putting up bookshelves, You making it look nice. Everybody in the neighborhood thinks you own it, and you don't, So go start packing your boxes. Literally, people have closed in less than ninety days once they got their mind right. Like imagine being enslaved in Maryland, right Maryland, right below the Mason Dixon line. And now you've been a slave for forty years, and now you're on your deathbed and somebody tells you that the Mason Dixon line is right there by the horizon, by that tall tree. The Mason Dixon line was right there the whole time. But you didn't know it. You just weren't aware of it. Once you realize that the Mason Dixon line is actually that close, you run for it. And so the ability to acquire multi family real estate. People think you need to have a real estate license. People think that you need to have bought a single family home first. People have all these myths about what it takes to get in the game. People think that you need to have a ton of money saved. Literally, people have not gone to go get prepproved. You won't believe how many people have not even gone to go get preapproved. The reason they haven't gone to get pre approved is because their own perception of how they're shown up in the world. You know, everybody around us perceives us in this high way like your significant other, your friends or family see you in your best life. But we look at ourselves in the lowest way sometimes. And so what I tell people is go get pre approved. I don't care how you see your financial situation right now, Let's see how the bank sees your financial situation, and you'll be surprised. You thought that you could only get pre approved for three hundred thousand dollars was not enough to buy a multifamily in your market. But when you actually went to the lender and showed them what you had, they approved you for five hundred thousand dollars. You could have been in the game a long time ago, but you were afraid to go get pre approved. You were afraid to open up your financial house and let somebody in and come see, and you'll realize that it's not as bad as you think. Because this is a physical, tangible asset, real estate, banks are more willing to lend against that than your business idea that you have your ten page business plan on. So go get pre approved. It costs you nothing to go get pre approved. You're going to ask for your W twos, some pay stuffs, your tax returns, your bank statements. Go literally go to the bank that you have your checking or savings account at and start there. I don't care what your credit is. All we want to do is see what number they come back to you with. And if that number is too low to buy multi family real estate in your market, then let's fix the things. If it's your credit, then let's work on your credit. If it's your savings, let's work on your savings. If it's your income that they say is too low. Then let's work on your income. But let's be in the know. Let's start from that awareness. But some people have been able to get pre approved for more than they needed, but they have been afraid because this whole we got this wave of people who are just focused on perfect credit scores. Right now, the purpose of credit is to be leveraged and to you be used. Some people have better credit scores than me but have no assets. Right, So we're not just trying to create perfect credit scores. We're trying to build wealth, and not just generational wealth. We're trying to create regenerational wealth. And regenerational wealth is wealth that transcends multiple generations. Generational wealth is passed down one generation. We're seeking to create regenerational wealth and enter into what I call the asset class. Right there's only four classes of people. There's lower class, middle class, upper class, and asset class. And only one of those classes of people is free. It's the asset class. This is the top line on your sweatshirts. It's the asset class. The asset class. People have passive income that covers their costs of living. Even if I'm in the upper class and I have a good paying job like my mom did. I'm still not free. I'm actually more free than some fortune five hundred CEOs right now, even though I don't make the money that they make, because I own my time, because I have assets that cover my entire cost of living and more so, this is what the goal is. And so for me, the multifamily movement, it's not just about multi family real estate. That's what I realized recently. It's about multiple families come together to create regenerational wealth and enter the asset class. And the first asset that we're buying together is multi family real estate. But beyond that, I expect to be in these people's lives for the rest of their lives as we continue to create regenerational wealth together.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you broke down asset class because I wanted to talk to you about the difference between being in poverty and being poor.
Speaker 4: I know that's something that you have like, oh my goodness, and a follow up after that, yeah, yeah, yeah, so this is this is you know. I wrote Rich and Righteous, the Spiritual Secrets and Manifesting More Money and Mastering your Mind, and in there I talk about the difference between being poor and being in poverty.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's shout out. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I didn't even notice.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, of course, of course, of course. I mean it's it's really about moving our people from poverty consciousness to well consciousness, because I realize that if we give all these financial strategies to people with the poverty consciousness, that none of them will take root. And so we have to be very careful and make sure that the soil is set first, and that's where the mind comes in. So if I'm born into poverty, poverty is just an external condition. It is not who I am. But what happens is when a black boy or black girl is born into poverty, they look around them and they base their identity based on what they see, and they say, I am poor because they see poverty. But that's not the truth of your identity. The truth is that you are abundant, and abundance is your birth right. And the reason that I think we as a collective, most of us, have been born into those conditions is actually to prove how rich we are. We were born into poverty, approve how rich we are. If I'm Paris Hilton, right, and I'm born into wealth, I can't prove how rich I am because I already had it, it was already handed to me. But if I'm born into poverty, I actually can demonstrate that I am abundant regardless of my external condition. And so this is a mindset. So never say I am poor? Right, I am are the two most powerful words in the English language. Never say I am poor. You can say I was born into poverty, but that is not who I am. And we've seen all these albums that you see here, people have demonstrated that my external condition does not define me. And we've seen people create abundance out of nothing. And jay Z said, put me anywhere on God's green earth, I trip my worth. That means that regardless of what I have in my pocket and what's around me, I know that the true wealth is actually inside of me. And so when we start there in the mindset, I believe that it's a more fertile soil for us to actually implant these wealth seeds and these strategies and that they'll take root and they'll they'll grow from there.
Speaker 3: So how'd you get into the education aspect of it? Because I want to talk about the multi family movement. You're an investor, you realize, you know you can make money, change your family. What prompted you to actually building a community.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm a real estate investor first, then a real estate educator, then a real estate developer. And I was speaking at colleges and companies for from two thousand and nine when I quit my job up until like two thousand and here was about a ten year run. And I was taking the money that I was making from speaking and I was pouring it into real estate. And I kept getting more questions about real estate then I would get about anything else. And so I said, let me start teaching people how to do this. And so my first student, Chris cosy Row, he actually hands with marketing for a Queen of Fool or whatnot, and he closed on a four plex near usc using NAKA. He closed on a four plex in near usc And that was my first success story outside of myself. And from there I just started teaching it to more and more people. And I just knew that people needed this information in this education. And while multi family real estate investing it looks similar to single family purchasing on the surface, there's just so many more nuances that you need to know to make sure that you buy right. And so I started the multifamily movement. It was July twenty nineteen, and today we've helped two hundred and sixty one sixty two people. Actually, yeah, somebody just closed yesterday on multi family real estate all across the country. And the thing about the multi family movement that's different is that I realized that and I think you all say this information is on us, the executions on you. I realized that I'm not actually selling them information. What I'm giving them is an accountability structure and a system to make sure that they implement the information. And so we have market meetups like you talk about with the EYO community. We have market meetups where you're actually connecting with other members. You have a buddy in the program. We have our weekly coaching calls. It's all about the accountability and the structure to make sure that you implement the information. We know better, but we just don't always do better. We got books on our shows that we intended to read to change some aspect of our lives. The information is there. You wanted to lose weight last year. There's free videos on YouTube. Hit trainings on YouTube, there's free recipes on Google. The information was there, but there was still something blocking you from actually getting to the finish line. And so I realized that because only seven percent of people complete online courses when left up to their own devices. And so that's what our commitment is, and that's what I'm trying to push on all of us because we are teaching liberation arts education. What was shoved down our throat was liberal arts education. Liberal arts education will cost you. I don't need to know anything about Shakespeare. I don't care about Shakespeare, right, but liberation arts education will free you. And what we have right now, what's happening, and you are all spearheading this movement is liberation arts education. When people know these things, they can get free.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: But it's not just about the information, it's about how do we make sure that they implement the information. Because they implement one of ean strategies, want to trapper strategies, one of your strategies, one of my strategy, one of mass strategies. When they implement these things, we know that they're they're not only their lives, but their families lives will be changed forever.
Speaker 3: So and you know, It's one of these things that's interesting because I always said, like, you know, real estate, not that they teach in college, but they actually start starting and teaching card. I think it's actually because there's so many online education but like NYU has a real estate program, but n why you call sixty thousand dollars a year fact.
Speaker 7: So it's like, hey, I'm not really even show what.
Speaker 3: They're teaching in their real estate program, but you're paying sixty thousand dollars a year. And that's the beauty of online education where it's like, directly, this is what I want to know. You don't have to go through everything else that comes with that, right, you know, because you just can't take real estate. You got to take math and science and other stuff. Even in college you still gotta take all the other stuff and be there for four years where it's like you can actually implement this in six months a year, you know, be in a position to actually execute. And it's like mentorship, yeah in a sense right where you're like you're part of a community. You have you know, meetings and online zoom call stuff like that. You know, people always ask like, you know, can I get mentored? Well, that's kind of like the online communities have turned to the mentorship.
Speaker 4: Exactly one hundred percent. I don't have the capacity to do one on one. I have too many people to free, right. But if I can create a community of people who were supporting each other on this singular journey, which is to acquire multifamily real estate, then I know that you're gonna get to your ultimate destination and get free. Harriet Tubman, she didn't take people one at a time. She made nineteen trips below the Mason Dixon line, and she took cohorts of people. That's how she freed three hundred people. That's why my first focus is three hundred people. She took cohorts of people. She didn't have time to take one person at the time, right, You had to take groups of people. And so that's what we're able to create. And I think the pandemic actually pushed us online in that way. And when I look at Investmast, when I look at you all traveling in different cities. We're also making sure that the online is complemented with the offline experience so that people can build real relationship, not just profile pictures, but real relationships. Because we know that collaboration over competition is where it's at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was staying in my mind.
Speaker 8: I was sticking inside of the community because what we talked about a lot, we had group economics, group economics. Yeah, if I didn't have the fund or if I didn't have the finance, are you seeing people working together to say, look, I have this, I have that, let's come together to get this property inside of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So half the members of the buy Back Band Rouge Fund, there's about four hundred and sixty one of us who invested. They all came from the multi family movement. So not only are they working on getting their first property, but any other additional capital that they had, they decided to invest in a larger fund where we're developing over one hundred units out in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. So yeah, and that comes from the trust of the community, and that comes from working together that what that allows us to do is buy bigger properties at AUNT. It's like, Okay, we're gonna put our money together and we're gonna go to costco. Right, but we're not buying ketchup now, we're buying real estate at a discount. So that's the power of group economics, like we paid lip service to it, but you know, myself and Anthony Kimball, Chris, we know people have executed the crowdfunding methodology and it's really powerful when done right because everybody can participate at the level that they feel comfortable. Like everybody is a needed thirty thousand dollars down payment. Right, people can say I'm putting in a thousand dollars and it's still going to multiply it at the same rate. It's just not as much money in. So that's the power of the crowdfunding methodology.
Speaker 3: So I know you and MG shout out to our partner, MG the Mortgage Guy. MG the Mortgage Guy has what I call the Encyclopedia for real estate with his Home by Blueprint one and two with literally like everything you need to know about buying a home and refinancing a home and two o three k LANs. All of that is really like an encyclopedia. And he put together a great body of work for the Volume one and the Volume two. And then we talked about your multifamily movement. So you guys actually combined forces, yes, right, and you put together a Black Friday deal which was wildly popular, wildly successful. So we're gonna have that same offer for EYL for anybody that's interested in. The website is www dot get four three two one dot com. We'll put the link in the description of this video and audio and then also on the alumni tab also. So once again, that is actually a combination of MG the Mortgage Guys Volume one, Volume two, home Boys Blueprint, and the multifamily movement community, which, as he said, includes you know, weekly calls and you know, all of the things that you need to get up and running to actually have the confidence, the knowledge, the information and the support to actually, you know, not just purchase one home, but you know, become a.
Speaker 7: Real estate mogul. Why not?
Speaker 5: This is their purple tap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the total the whole combin I believe it's a seventy seven percent off of the total value. So seventy seven percent off of the total value. And literally, honestly, because I'm familiar with both of the situations, there's nothing else that you really need in real estate, like especially if you doing the multifamily home. This is literally like the equivalent of going to college.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's no cap on that.
Speaker 8: Like I really went through Mats course rot the assessments for watched every video was incredible.
Speaker 5: Then I got to watch you guys, and I said, oh is it? He is the game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the game.
Speaker 8: That's a tremendous deservice if you're not involving it. So yeah, congrats on it as.
Speaker 4: Incredible, appreciate that. So Matt and I we've been running parallel pass with quite some time. He's helped about he's financed about half of the multi family movement members through the Garland Group, and we said, we just have to formalize this partnership, and so we are committed to actually taking another three hundred people to the finish line this year in terms of multi family the state. And so this is what the collaboration has come to get. Four three two one is how you can get ten doors in four years using FHA several times and running the plays that we tell you to run. If you follow the blueprint, you can't go wrong. And so yeah, we're excited about it. People are already getting wins inside of the program. So we want to take as many people because it's not just about one property. One property should get you to rent mortgage freedom. But we're trying to get you to full freedom, and you're gonna need multiple doors in order to get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like I said, real liud testimony, Matt personally told me he was like these people in Julian's program, Man.
Speaker 7: They flooding me. They flooded me.
Speaker 3: But like I said, that's a good thing because that means that they're actually purchasing homes. So if you want to take that next step and really, you know, get your freedom, highly highly suggests checking it out. And like I said, you know, special offer for all the earners. Anybody that's interested in anybody listening to this get four three two one dot com appreciate that, brother, before you leave.
Speaker 7: I got a I got a few more questions. One in particular.
Speaker 3: So we had another gentleman on the podcast that you know, people may be familiar with, Grant Cardon, and he has an interest in philosophy where his thing is rent where you live and invest in real estate.
Speaker 7: But where you live rent that. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I've thought about that and I don't agree. I don't agree, and that's okay. Grant has a different perspective on real estate and money. He's able to write off his lifestyle grant is an LLC. Not everybody's operating as an LLC. So he's able to expense everything that he does. So if he goes and stays for five thousand dollars a night condo in Miami, he's able to write that off. The average person doesn't set up structurally or doesn't have the accounting team to ensure that that all gets written off. And so be careful because these platitudes that people put out, if you don't know the back end in terms of how to actually execute it, it may not work for you. Yeah, it ain't gonna look the same. What I do know is that for multifamily real estate, if you are literally able to get rid of your housing expense for the rest of your life, it will guarantee that you and your family are millionaires.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: That's simpler and plain. One thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: If you were able to, say one thousand dollars a month, and you were able to invest at at just six percent annually for the next thirty years, that's one million, fifteen thousand, five hundred and ninety dollars. If we just did this one thing. I'm not asking you to pick the right crypto. I'm not asking you to go find the right of NFT. I'm not even asking you to find the next company that's going to break through in stocks. Just literally get rid of your housing expense and that will ensure that your family become a millionaire. So that's that's been the focus, that's been my lane in this whole revolution. And I know that once people have that particular thing established, then it frees them up to take advantage of all the other opportunities that are available.
Speaker 8: When you were speaking about the property earlier, when you did the math and how it created till one point five, yeah, I'm thinking to myself, is this the property talking about how you had a million dollars in real estate by starting with ten thousand.
Speaker 5: It's the same situation in the situation, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 4: The same situation. It just you have to run. It's knowing the numbers. It's knowing the numbers. When you see that number, those numbers play out like that. It's just like everything I get. I'm dumping into it because this is an asset that is passive. Also, it's not like I created an active business. Perhaps my daughter doesn't want to take over this kind of business that I created over here. Perhaps she's not interested in that, but this can always be managed by a property manager that takes six to ten percent of the rents forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's extremely important, especially the gentrification because it's like so many different places. You see, Like we was in La Shout Out my Boys, stick Watch. He took us to Watts and I think it was the Jordan's down projects like Grape Street, and I was looking at I'm like, this doesn't really look like how I looked before. You can still see that this project, but there's also town homes. Yeah, so yeah, what I found out is that they're actually in the transition I believe, of tearing down the projects and turning them into town and town homes actually look really nice. They look like state of the art. Yeah, they're like really dope. So he was telling me like, yeah, you know, all of these are new, like within the last couple of years. So I say that to say, same story, no matter whether you're in New York.
Speaker 5: That's part of that story. What who landed on the helicopter?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 5: He said.
Speaker 7: Trump?
Speaker 5: Right, Trump landed his helicopter right in the middle of the grounds.
Speaker 3: Like no, but No, that was where they built the strip right down street, the strip malls where he landed hel So that was another thing. So like, yeah, I guess there was like just vacant landing. So Trump he said he came, he landed the helicopter. He was like, yes, it's pretty messed up.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: He was like, what y'all need that? And they left.
Speaker 3: So long story short, I guess they got some government funds. So now they got a strip mall. They got a strip mall, they got luxury town homes that's being built. And this is right next to next Jordan. For perspective, Jordan, if you heard of like Great Street, I'm pretty sure you heard that pretty famous Minutes to Society. That's where Minutes of Society was filmed.
Speaker 5: So white man can't jump out of scene over.
Speaker 7: It's one of these things with gentrification always happens. It always happens.
Speaker 8: It's got to be you had to have the vision to see it, you know what I'm saying, Like we see these things. Yeah, yeah, like people most people say, oh, there's a new Starbucks. Oh there's a five luxury car dealerships. Wait, Chipotle said, waiting, Yeah, they put a golf shopping to like, yeah, these are all the signs that there's money Tesla's now in your neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Right right, right, But let me explain something really quickly. So what we've been calling gentrification is actually colonization. So gentrification is actually a good thing. It is actually the upliftment of our community. If you look at the dictionary definition, it's actually the upliftment of community. So in Brooklyn, there's a block known as the greenest block in Brooklyn. Right, these are all black owners. And because they decided to plant gardens in the front I think on Macon Street in Brooklyn and best I So because they all decided to plant gardens, they collectedly came together, we're gonna plant gardens. We're gonna all do the facize of our homes. Guess what, they all force appreciation, their equity all went up. But it's a block of all black owners. So they gentrified their own block. What we've been calling gentrification. That see colonization and colonization is when outsiders come in and try to displace the natives of that neighborhood intentionally. So colonization is it has attended to it, right, has a negative history to it. But that's actually what has been occurring. When you have people come into the Shaw in DC and you have people complaining about the music that's been played in the Shaw for thirty years, then that's colonization that is seeking to happen because you're trying to displace the culture that is there. So we need to call a spade a spade. If it's colonization, is colonization. But gentrification is actually the uplifting. I want the hood to look better. I don't want the hood to be the hood forever. I want everybody to have higher quality standard of living. And yes there are some costs associated with that. The rents might actually have to increase for you to live in a decent way, and so we all have to step our game up. But gentrification is not the negative. Thing is the colonization, and we just haven't been calling it.
Speaker 8: So centrifile your hood before those people do it, claim imminent domain.
Speaker 5: And what have you? People moving the facts this was doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah it wasn't what he was doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's been a pleasure, my brother. How can the people follow you? Social media handles, anything else that you want to lead before we head out yeah, so rent free dot com, Rent free dot com. If you want to learn this game, you can go to rent free dot com. I'll show you how to finance find a finalized multifamily real estate deals so that you can close on your first property within the next year. They you have, what's your social media handle, It's Julian Gordon j U L L I E N Gordon g O R.
Speaker 5: D O N.
Speaker 3: Yes, and don't forget get four three two one dot com. That is the special offer that him and a brother MG, the mortgage guy together, the mortgage god, everything, everything that you need to know to get up and running and get into this real estate game and really start to make some money. Said, that's a special offer seventy seven percent off the total value of the package, strictly on that website, only on that website. So yeah, thank you for that. Appreciate it, and thank you guys for rock on you anything you want to say.
Speaker 5: Liberation Arts, we we get that. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Shout everybody on Uya University, Shout out to the Mergened team, Shout out everybody on page on this is this is one of those I appreciate you coming up by the long over due.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah for sure. Thank you guys for rocking with us. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 6: Peace my graduates from my school being forced bad drop b Drop, Mike Drop bad drop drop.
Speaker 10: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have for forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com, slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need