Speaker 1: Coming up on the Getting Loud podcasts, we'll look back at the Ravens, looking ahead to the Panthers. Yes, we've got Legends weekend, oh folks.
Speaker 2: And we'll do.
Speaker 1: Some player comps and of course we're gonna geek out and sea horses have no reverse shows.
Speaker 2: Good and it says it was.
Speaker 1: Hew.
Speaker 2: You know, guys. Welcome to the Getting Loud podcast.
Speaker 1: Smooting Jakes to Get Loud podcast is presented by seat Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Fine tickets to Commanders games and more. Seat geek. And this is the hot ticket it is.
Speaker 1: This is how we start the show, presented by seat Geek, the most disruptive by the in ticketing.
Speaker 2: A ticket that works, expect to expect it. Sea Geek. Hey, listen, man, your boots are amazing.
Speaker 3: Alright, I have to say that it look like they come with like getting miles of horse riding on them.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you know from the country.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 3: I guess I gotta throw this up until like we beat y'all. It's for like twelve months. It is.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the secrit. I'm better at dressing in the fall. I feel like fall suits me better than like summer cloth when I'm one of those short shorts and people are like janks, put your pants on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a fall dress guide and moved to the East Coast, and yeah, I do like it. Like growing up in the South, you don't really have any options is just shorts, shorts options.
Speaker 2: I like to dress like a grown man. I look like I'm in a catalog. You know, you remember East Bay? I do remember East Bak was the best? Was there before they time? Like I think they were. They didn't, they just didn't take advantage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they was before they time. They were Amazon before Amazon. That's a good point. I just like spoosmag dot com was. Actually it was before US bought it.
Speaker 1: We saw some grown men this past Sunday on the field in charm City. We did commanders and ravens, and let's put it out there. There are no moral victories and we don't or we don't do that. But you can't take a step back and say where are we as we pushed towards the future and this was a good performance.
Speaker 3: Even though it's okay to be disappointed to different we're looking at a different windows they're on the second floor of the house looking out the window because they have a super Bowl window. We are in a let's see who we are and if we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs, we're starting in ground zero. There they are in a super Bowl window. So it was a great test to say where are we. Generally we was a touchdown deficit behind a Super Bowl contender. Yeah, that tells me everything I need to know. No more victories. I'm still saying that smile is upside down. I cried all weak it, but at the end of the day, we understand that we can compete with anybody in this league.
Speaker 2: And it showed last week.
Speaker 1: I think that was the key is when they were down a couple of scores, you thought, all right, how are we gonna respond? Yeah, is this a team that's going to fold and say we're not ready for this moment? Or are we going to keep attacking? We want to keep playing, and they made it a game. The only thing we fold one hundred dollar bills. We didn't care about being down. And that's what happens when you got a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Jinks, When you got a quarterback, you're never out of a game. Just what it showed, and we went blow for blow with a heavyweight. It's our lead versus forming. It's gonna both teams got beat up, and that's what you want to see. I want to see these young guys fight back. They fought back. I want to see these young guys take them for four quarters. They took them for four quarters. So at the end of the day, disappointed, no understanding where we're at.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am, and I think you can see that from people around. The lead objective observer saying this Commanders team is going to be a problem. Even Rokwan Smith after the game was asked by Jadon Daniels and said, they got themselves a dude.
Speaker 2: Of course, a dude. Once you have a dude, you got realized.
Speaker 3: I keep telling people that eight billion people on this planet, we ain't found thirty two quarterbacks in the same year.
Speaker 2: Ever, that's how hard it is to find that guy.
Speaker 3: Even though Doug won us a Super Bowl, his career here wasn't the longest.
Speaker 2: Mark Rippin wasn't the longest.
Speaker 3: So even though they brought a Super Bowl trophy to the franchise, could they really be what you call our franchise quarterback? For fifteen years very hard to find. I think we found that.
Speaker 1: With Jane Daniels talk tweek her in the pod. We talked every week on the pregame show. And you nailed it again because I asked you every week, who's gonna step up? And you said, you know what, It's not gonna be a guy stepping up. It's gonna be a guy we can count on Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 2: And he did. He had a great game against the very good Ravens defense. Yes he did.
Speaker 3: And that last touchdown catch, that last touchdown passed.
Speaker 2: Was a thing of beauty.
Speaker 3: And the one thing I know about Terry is he wins at the point of attack, like if he had to high point of ball, a coutext like if you're trying to stop him catching the ball, that's a very very hard thing to do. And I just felt like this was a game where the youngsters might make some plays, but this is a veteran game. This is when the old men show their head. And that's what happened with Terry mclawin. I thought he would show this is what I can do. I want the ball more. I'm the cookie monster. Feed me, feed me more.
Speaker 1: And he has said now, And it's a delicate subject to broach because you don't want to disrespect broach.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh that's civilized, my friend.
Speaker 1: You never want to take a shot at anyone you've played with. But I think Terry has alluded to the fact that it's nice to know.
Speaker 2: That now I have a guy I can rely on.
Speaker 1: Look at Santana for most of his script, no shot against anyone, but he had a I mean, it was just a rotation quarterbacks, and that's hard as a receiver.
Speaker 3: That's why I never like, I played receiver in high school, I play receiver in college. And then I sat down and thought to myself, which one can I control my own destiny?
Speaker 2: And it's dB like, because how do you.
Speaker 3: Know I'm a great receiver If I don't have a great quarterback, Like, you can never know who I am.
Speaker 2: And that's a hard thing for receivers.
Speaker 3: And Terry has just literally just taken it how it comes, and that's with him. That's why I think Terry and Santana I cut from the same cloth, meaning they're not divas. Most receivers are divas. They like to rock the runway and never trip a fall like not these two dudes. They get it out the mud. They understand, they understand the situation, and they just gonna take it how it comes. They never say nothing, they never nag. They just go out there and play football. And that's what you love if you if you're a Commanders fan.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate Terry showing respect and just playing the game, keeping his head down the entire time, because most receivers aren't like that.
Speaker 2: They miked up Stefan Diggs a.
Speaker 1: Few years ago when he was playing in Minnesota, and that's when he was playing with Kirk Cousins, and I can't repeat exactly how it was, but fan, and you find, oh, he's combustible. My god, he's he was opening the end zone and Kirk missed him, and you heard Danny Kirk like, get me the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm right here, listen. I have dealt with I have checked.
Speaker 3: So many dev receivers my whole life, the Ts of the world, the Randys of the world. And boy, it's so easy to get under their skin because I would just simply tell them you got Nate Peterman throwing you the ball. I don't care if you are Ferrari, you don't have a chance today. Today, you belong to me. Come on, your last name is smoothed, your name is terreal smooth today. Guess what you're caught of my family nothing you can do like and they do feel helpless in those situations where I just beat you on the route and I'd be like, so did he throw you the ball? He can't throw the ball, So don't you worry about it today.
Speaker 2: Put your hands in your pockets, and you enjoy the game like the rest of them.
Speaker 1: I like the you went fifth grade d so so like so like that's what it is like, because Racia was gonna let you know every time to get an inch on you out, They're gonna.
Speaker 2: Let you know, like, oh, they should have throw me the ball right there.
Speaker 3: And I'd be like, yeah, whatever, it doesn't count against me, Like nobody's gonna hold it against me, especially with corner. Be in a position that it is. You love us one day, you hate us the next. We're good one day, we're the worst guy in the world the next day. So that's why I tell people, if you play defensive back, just understanding in the back of your mind love you'll never be That's probably why I'm bad in relationships.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about great corner play and Mike cinra Still, who was very good.
Speaker 2: He's one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I love when you can and take a step back and look at the totality of a season and watch the progression of someone first game for Central Still getting be all over the place, and now you can see him getting more confident, stepping in front of receivers, making place.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be really good.
Speaker 3: No, he's gonna be very good, and he's problem solving, like that's what you have to do in the league. You find out how fast is the game, You find out who do I met you?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 2: Will against?
Speaker 3: They brought him in to be a star and knuckler, and now he's outside. They say, hey, I got to put more on your plate.
Speaker 2: I need more from him.
Speaker 3: And when the coaches demand more from you, some guys stand up. Some guys say, I can't. He's not I can't gut you. You knew when he played for Harvard Michigan this guy was hard nosed.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get down in the mud.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get dirty congratulation on your first interception because it's a dB. Once you start to get in once you get that first interception, they started to come in bunches.
Speaker 2: And this the way it goes. Because once I touched the ball the first time.
Speaker 3: Luckily for me, I got an interception in my second quarter of my first game. So I was like, all right, I belong because until you get that interception, you don't feel like you belong. So I think now he understands, Okay, I got my hand on the ball. I need to get my hand on more. I need to give my quarterbacks short fields. I need to give my offense short fields. I need to start to impact the game differently than the rest of the guys around me.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a questions. Ask me you hear this.
Speaker 1: You see a lot some guys who are always around the football, right, they just have a knack. So I feel like you were kind of one of those guys who you're always around it. Even if he weren't touching, you were right there. Does that come from knowing the playbook? Does it come from being prepared? Is there an innate sense where you just kind of have a feel.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, Like I'm gonna tell you who I thought like it's some dbs that the ball finds them. They don't find the ball the Hall the Angela. Oh my god, yes, I be like the Angelo. You got a rabbit foot the Angelotte get me standing on the field. The dude to fall in front of him and the ball and pop out, and I'd be like, what is going on? Drake Blin was like that, Okay, run day Barber, which like that the ball finds them. I think it's a mixture of a film study. I think it's a mixture of Johney on the spot and a rabbit's foot the size of the moon.
Speaker 2: Like it takes a little look like the ball.
Speaker 3: You ever heard the ball is bouncing your way Like some guys the ball bounced that way they whole career.
Speaker 2: Like puck luck and hockey.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. Yeah, I still got it. Rebounced the ball and literally all I got to do is dunkey. So it's a layup for some guys and some guys just had the intuition.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 3: That the feel force that come from somewhere that says, you know what, I'm going to always be around the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna impact it.
Speaker 3: And it has a lot to do with just one simple thing running to the ball, even when the action ain't by you near you running.
Speaker 2: To the ball.
Speaker 3: The ball is life, like coach Witt says, and life is what I.
Speaker 2: Need this linebacking core.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's important to be positive, not just because this was a very good performance, even though, like you said, we're just worting about the loss, but because we are seeing that group come together.
Speaker 2: Dante Fowler fifth multi sac game of his career, gratulations my friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sir, Bobby Wagner does what Bobby Wagner does, twelve tackles. Yeah, with the team like he always does. It's gonna be a yellow jacket for a reason. When you put Wagnert, Louvu and Foul together, this flyebacking core can match up against any and NFL.
Speaker 3: I don't think linebacking corps at the difference in between championships and not. When you talk about defense, everybody talks about the front, everybody talks about the back end. I think it's all about the linebacker because they are enforcers. They are the identity of a defense. They are the physicality of a defense. I always used to I used to talk trash to my d line because I'd be like y'all dudes are south and they d liman. Yeah, because I always tell them I have to hit Jerome Betty's at one hundred miles power. You hit Jerome Betty's at three miles pound. I am tougher than you. I have to hear tight ends that six two hundred and sixty pounds while they are full of scribe, and you hit them while they just cranking the cup. So I think the linebackers are the enforcers in their way because think about.
Speaker 2: It, let's talk.
Speaker 3: The last three years, the forty nine Ers have been known as one of the best defenses led by Fred Warning.
Speaker 2: The Ravens have been known as some of.
Speaker 3: The best defensive teams led by linebackers.
Speaker 2: Right Pittsburg led by linebackers.
Speaker 3: So the linebackers, to me legitly, your identity, your physicality, they are the enforcers and they are the ones that later foundation of what we are. They get to hit running backs, wide receivers, everybody.
Speaker 2: You have to be multi fasted to play the linebacker position.
Speaker 3: So I was luckily that I got to play with London Fletcher, OHD l Capetain because one thing about London is I knew for a fact if I'm he's coming at one point, like if the wide receiver comes in and run the dig route, London is coming. I know he's coming somewhere, gonna meet me there for the tackle. When you know you have it as a defense, it helps you as a defensive back play a little bit more relaxed. And oh, by the way, my mistakes won't kill us because I got reinforcement coming.
Speaker 1: I love meeting guys like that, especially defensively, who are such nice guys.
Speaker 2: You're one of those guys, learning one of those guys.
Speaker 1: But then when they talk about football, you can kind of see a ship it switching.
Speaker 2: Yes, like I remember its heart in London one time.
Speaker 1: It was as nice as a guest, you know, the Man of the Year nominee, And all of a sudden, I see his eyes go.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I've been in a huddle with him, which crazy. He turns into the terminator and it's like, okay, while you got snotting your nose calling the play and he's like, yeah, let's go do this right, let's go do.
Speaker 2: This, and let's go do this now.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, these guys they enjoy inflicting pain. Yeah, and it takes a special individual to enjoy inflicting pain upon other people. And that's why I say the linebackers to me out of heart and soul of every great defense.
Speaker 2: And that's why I.
Speaker 3: Love coach Ken Norton because we watch you walk around the building. He'd be like, I don't know if I need to speak to him today. He was no joke when he plays. Understand Ken Norton Jr. Is I understand who his daddy was that whole? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to be annoyed. Was his dad like a chip box? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So inflicting pain, it's what he's used to. Like, that's why I respect boxes in a way. That is a solo sport like I always talk about sports like football is such a team sport. It's a dream sport. But when you like one on one like golf, Dennis boxing, it's you, it's just you.
Speaker 2: That's who you got to depend on today.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a different thing.
Speaker 1: When it comes to motivation, it's just you. You have a teammate to pick you up. You don't give you any positive words, it's just.
Speaker 2: Here's a bad day today. I can't lean on him.
Speaker 3: I have nobody to lean on, So it's it's it's like being the only child, which I.
Speaker 1: Am on the defensive line, John Allen now for the season. Yeah, that's a huge loss. The good thing for this team is that there is depth there. Johnny Newton got a lot of snacks, sry maths, so we'd obviously love to have big John in the lineup, but this is this there's at least the depth in place here to make.
Speaker 3: I find say, like, if you was gonna lose a guy, you would want it to be at the DEFENSI attack as whereas the gluttoness of like talent, that's what you have guy that you've been trying to get in the rotation that you can't because it was just too many of those guys. So yeah, I think John Ada gonna be a big loss. I think it puts a little bit more on the run pain, I mean on pains play for him to be the lead dog in there and start to make some plays. But anytime a god comes up injured, it's an opportunity for somebody else to just sit in stone that I can do this job. I think Newton is a guy that says, hey put me in coach, I can handle it. For Darien matthis put me in, give me a chance to show people who I am.
Speaker 2: Let me become a household name. Like, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I remember talking to Dayren Green when I first got here, has a rookie in My first conversation.
Speaker 2: With him was how do you play twenty years of football? Remarkable?
Speaker 3: And he was like, what is my backups name? And I was like, oh, I don't know, because he was like, I never let him play. I never let him play.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 3: And that's that's the thing, man like durability and understanding that I just have to be available. That the visibility in football is availability. Like, are you going to be there at all times this weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Commander's host of the Panthers. Yeah, the Panthers stick. They are bad football, yeah they are.
Speaker 1: But you can never overlook anyone in the pro football team. They have professional grown men who are making money.
Speaker 2: And just throwing the ball. Yes, although did you see I was telling this square.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw the telecast last week they cut away to Bryce Young on the sideline and the play by play guy was just making a point that look the red rifle, say what you want. He's had a nice long career in the NFL, and the announcer goes to play by play guy goes, you know, Bryce Shung just needs to learn from a real professional.
Speaker 2: Oh that is picked off.
Speaker 1: There's way And I was like, oh man, just the wrong mobile for that.
Speaker 2: You can never control that.
Speaker 1: But how do you prevent this is a game you absolutely should win. There's a letdown after that Ravens loss. How do you make sure you get right back on track because you don't go into this game saying we should win.
Speaker 3: You going in there saying we want to win every week, like we're not gonna take our opponent for granted, and we're not gonna put our opponent in on pedestal. That's why last week they was extra coaches, it's just a measuring stick.
Speaker 2: Noice ain't no measuring stick. We ain't measured bite the Ravens. We belong. We belong. So when you feel that way, none else matters.
Speaker 3: So when you come and you play the Panthers, you understand in our house, we're gonna beat you like a drum, like we're gonna try to beat everybody else like a drum, Like we don't take anybody for granted. This team is too young to do that. Like, they don't see out of those eyes. They haven't established themselves. They haven't established themselves as a year in and year out. And we're going to go to the playoffs. We are gonna try to win the Super Bowl. No, we're building right now, so you can't ever overlook the Panthers. Why would you overlook the Panthers because the Panthers ShW ain't overlooking you.
Speaker 2: No, that's true.
Speaker 1: And I love the Bobby Wagner of course, a guy who is already a legend in this league later on his careers to playing at a high levels talking about accountability. I learned from this and be accountable and say, all right, now it's time to learn from this and get better.
Speaker 2: No, you have to get better, man, Like we can learn from my mistakes.
Speaker 3: And that's why I got my old saying that I've been telling the fan base the whole year. Let Grandmama Cook be patient. I understand this is this is for the long haul. This is not a sugar high. We're not just we're building for something long term, something that can be sustained over a decade. We're trying to build something real. I need people to be conscious of where we at, who we are, and what we got going on.
Speaker 1: You got to get let grandma cook on a shirt. Somebody said that in the comments, and I thought that was a.
Speaker 3: I am gonna get this two shirts that I'm finished set out to make. All right, Let grandma cook with her over there, pot stirring their pot like young jeezy.
Speaker 2: Second of all, Second of all, I'm gonna do my damn.
Speaker 3: Shame Hall of Fame shirt and I'm looking for people to help me out with that. Where I'm gonna put Joja Kobe on the right, all his stats, everything, London Fletcher in the middle, Brian Mitchell on the left, all of it.
Speaker 2: Because it's a damn shame that these three players are not in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: And it's up to us, with the fan base, the fans of Washington, we have to hold them accountable, hold the Hall of Fame accountable. First of all, I just want to be honest. I love everybody that get in. I support everybody that get in, but no way, and I love Devin Hester. That one of my favorite players all time. He should not have got in before be mintioned.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I think Devin Hester would with that. Devin would agree with that. Patrick Willis. I love Patrick Willis. Patrick Willis play that old miss. I've been a fan of Patrick. He shouldn't have got him before London Fletch. Yeah, like I love all the guys. Come on, Joja Kobe, come on, man, It's time to show some love. It's time to show some respect. Stop all the hate.
Speaker 1: You know, my favorite T shirts throwing in the NFL is remember when Brian Bosworth played, Yeah, and he't played for too long.
Speaker 2: The Boss the Boss, and I hated the boss because you hated the butt.
Speaker 1: When he came in the league, he was really brashed and he was challenging like the league's number rules, like he wanted to wear forty four you couldn't at the time, as a whole mess. But people hated him, right, and so he went. He was playing for the Seahawks and they went to Denver one weekend and all these Denver fans were buying T shirts that said like f bolls or whatever it was. Guess who was the one who had those T shirts made? He did, Yes, So he's like, I know they hate me, I'm gonna make these shirts. And Denver fans were patting his pockets listening.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, any emotion pays you. If you hate me, you invested in me. Yeah, if you love me, you invest it to me. As long as I stroke any emotion from you, it tells me you emotionally invested in me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So as a corner, that's why I talked so much. Trash fan base just hated me.
Speaker 2: But my fan base loved me.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I still represented them to the point where they wanted to talk to Trash. So until I regurgitated what they really wanted to say to these players, I regurgitated. So it don't matter emotionally, Like, as long as I got you on the hook emotionally, you're a part of me.
Speaker 1: So since we was talking about emotions, is there You made a good point because we were talking just before we went on the emotions of playing a team used to play for, like Jeremy Chin or Frankie Luvu, and we thought, okay, this is a revenge gave me going back, and you said no, no, no, not when you upgrade.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like, I don't think Frankie lou was coming in and saying you didn't believe in me.
Speaker 2: Are gonna make you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jeremy chen, I hate y'all, y'all and give me a chance. You want to read me up.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for letting me leave, thank you for letting me upgrade my situation, thank you for giving me a shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Hate.
Speaker 3: Still got teammates on that team they played with that they're looking back at Afar and be like, Okay, Carolina.
Speaker 2: Going through the same thing we went through last year.
Speaker 3: Huh, Well, I'm not going through that right now. I'm in a better place. And when you're in a better place, you don't spew hate, you.
Speaker 2: Spew happen and hey, appreciate you, Appreciate you. I'm gonna go over here.
Speaker 3: You know how many of them teammates they're gonna shake their hand up after that game and say, you know what, we got a spot for you over here.
Speaker 2: If we want to come back. Yeah, they want to come back. No, No, come on, you come here. I understand what you're going through there. Yeah, come here, ma'am. I'm having fun. I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 3: This environment is great, the franchise is great, the ownership is great, the head coach is great.
Speaker 2: Come on over here, man, the sun is shining. No hate here.
Speaker 3: Like even when I left Minnesota, I asked him trade me back to wash I had no malice, I had no hate against me.
Speaker 2: You've always said you appreciated your time there. I enjoyed my time there. I loved my time there.
Speaker 3: But I also understood if I really wanted to get the best out of Fred Smooth, I needed to be and washed. I was happy here. This was home. After retiring, it's still home. Like I felt better here. And sometime I don't think, at the least get to say how they feel because we don't get that choice with I won that type dude.
Speaker 2: I went right up to the ownership.
Speaker 3: I skipped the head coach and skipped the GM and said, hey, man, I want to go back.
Speaker 2: They're like, nah, no, I want to go back. Please help me help me do this. And Coach Gibbs was like, yes, come on back.
Speaker 1: I'll give the path this credit. They do do some things well. Chuba Hubbard runs the ball.
Speaker 2: He runs the ball. She would can play. He played well. I remember when Texas was playff Clomb and State. He was great. I would run in the ball ninety two yards.
Speaker 1: Last week, and now you have maybe a bit of a week in defensive front because Sean Allen is out. So how do you slow down Carolina defensively?
Speaker 2: Making one dimensional? You forced the red rifle to beat you.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna let you beat him on the ground because when you beat you on the ground, it's kind of defensive. Like people look at running the ball as offensive, it's kind of defensive because if they run the ball, they keep James Daniels on the sideline. We don't want them to do that. We want them to be three and out, three and out. So that's how you got to do it. You got to put the ball in the red rifle hands and say you beat me, We're not gonna let you beat that. Then we got the crowd noise. It's gonna be home fill advantage. It's gonna be the green day. How it's gonna be so many emotions going on in the game. It's gonna be the old folks home ashburn in there. I'm talking about old on old on old. I'm gonna get to see guys from the seventies. I'm gonna get to see guy from the eighties the nineties. But guess what that's the Green's gap. He played with all of us.
Speaker 2: He's like the lynch pin.
Speaker 3: Like, listen, I got to play with d Green and I got drafted into thousand and one. Ray Brown got to play with Dee Green. And what did they play together in the nineties?
Speaker 2: The eighties? Definitely the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just like, it's such a big gap there, Like, I don't think it's any other player that you can say, we're gonna retire your jersey. And they touched so many generations, Yes, Like he's touch so many generations that it's gonna be crazy. So the emotions will be off the wall. The fan base is gonna be crazy. Maybe it just was a bad week for the Panthers to play us. We don't make the schedule. The schedule make us. But I just think it's going to be an emotional uproar in there, and I think the player is gonna be inching at the bit to get back in the win column. Like that's all they thinking about. Let's get back in the win column. We don't care who we're playing. It just happened to be the Panthers.
Speaker 1: Call us in the house phone, please do doesn't matter on the road doesn't matter if you have a hot take.
Speaker 2: You want to ask me the question, tell us me how good he looks in his mock neck. It's fault weather. Yes seven oh three two six seven.
Speaker 1: Four one nine out of seven oh three seven two six seven four one nine.
Speaker 2: In the face of bills, why not? You got it? I got it? Okay. I want to make sure you know how I do it. Man. I used to read on Read Rainbow. You know.
Speaker 3: It's a side job when I was young. I used to read, you know, for reen Rainbow.
Speaker 2: That's how I go. Hey. The Get Loud podcast is brought.
Speaker 3: To you by Bet three sixty five, the official sport and being partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Bet on a range.
Speaker 3: NFL Marcus with bet three sixty five app, craft your own personalized bet slip with Parlay's excess thousands of game with live screaming. Place your bet before the match or doing the game. It's really up to you. I like before the game and doing the game because sometime it's slides. You never know how it's gonna go. Download to bet three six five app today enjoin eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus.
Speaker 2: Must be physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called the text one eight hundred gambler m waa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of any place in the world and in the blink of an eye, we're there.
Speaker 2: That's the one. The flight. You know what I'm saying. Fly, don't do that. Don't drive. I like to drive. Fly.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is decide where to Dullis in the National Airport. Let you imagination sword book your adventure today at Flydulles dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash none stop man. You did read on't reading Rainbow?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: I did, like I used to watch Reading Rainbow. LaVar Burton, right, littlevar Burden. I think he was the teacher for all of us. I think he's the universal American teacher. Immediately I was like, Oh, it was Lvar Burda And what was what was the other one with the paint dude? Oh, oh gosh, Yes, I know you're talking. You know what I'm talking about, the white Frog. Yes, you're the pretty little greeze two figureheads top the eighties in the nineties. Everything we know that's very true.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like it's a touch point for almost everyone to grow up in that generation.
Speaker 3: Show our generation was a different generation. Think about our generation. We went from flow model TVs to cell phones. Yeah, paid phones. We we've seen it all. Like we're the generation that's non technology all technologies.
Speaker 2: Like, so we're the test dumbis jinx, that's true. We are the test.
Speaker 3: Dumbis and nine kids they major in technology where we like when I tell my kid, back in my day, I never want to feel like that because my parents said it out back in our day.
Speaker 2: And now I catch myself. We didn't have that.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a cartoon network that showed cartoons anytime I had to wait after school.
Speaker 2: I had to wait Saturday morning. Different generations.
Speaker 1: And then you say things that don't quite make sense, like I didn't own a TikTok.
Speaker 2: You're like, that's not really the way you should.
Speaker 3: Say that, Say that I can't be tiktoking around here.
Speaker 2: Come on, dad, join me in this TikTok.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, so one got the Spanish generations as we know you were talking about them. Yal Green, Yeah, we'll have his jersey rightfully retired y Sunday. What does a guy who has done everything one of the greatest to ever play this game, regardless of team.
Speaker 2: What does he mean to this franchise?
Speaker 3: First of all, what does he mean to this city? What does he mean to the DMV. He's been here so long, He's done so much. He's he's mister Washington. They did a pole on the most dominant athlete in D and V history and D Green one. He is when you say DC is the president and then there Green. D Green has touched so much of the youth with That's who I picked up my philanthropre doing stuff for people.
Speaker 2: I picked it up from there from when I got here.
Speaker 3: He was like, Man, you're gonna touch a lot of people bey how you play. I want you to touch a lot of people by what you do for them. All right, So giving back he really incorporated. That was already a piece of me, but he really showed me how to get that done. He said, any time the team asks you to do something, never turned them down. And I have always been like that. I never turned them down. And I think that's what makes him more than aer athlete. Some players are just athletes. Okay, I get that. He is more thanner athlete. He is a part of this area He's a part of lives. People timestamp themselves out of games he played and things he's done. So it's so different when you more than just a player. And Darrel Green is the appear to me of more than just a player.
Speaker 1: I can see that rubbing off on you because I've been out with you in the wild and you are someone who spends time with people. You talk, have a conversation, and do something for the community. And doesn't that mean so much to a fan because you never know what you're gonna get when it comes to someone famous, could be an actor, could be a celebrity who whatever it is, and then you meet him like and not only that, I love watching them play. Yeah, I met this person. They were great to me And that really solidifies that.
Speaker 3: He shocked with just a conversation, a two minute conversation. Man Like, people are investments. People are the power. People always ask you got money, You got this? No, I got people wealth and loads I got people wealth. I'll never be broke. They won't let me be broken. And that's what you invest your time and you invest your things into people. And I think that's what they're always taught. They're taught people. He was always one of those guys you could go up in the locker room and sit down and have a conversation with. No matter how hard it was, no matter what it was about, he was gonna be like, yeah, man, you should do it this way, you should get it done this way.
Speaker 2: I know this is bothering you. How about we we.
Speaker 3: Do it a whole different way. So he was one of them guys. He's a problem solver. And when you a problem solved in society, society needs you.
Speaker 2: Society is full of problems.
Speaker 1: And you know, I grew up in Texas, as we know, and even from Afar like growing up and learning watching the NFL, Darryl Green was a star.
Speaker 2: He was a star where you remember superstars.
Speaker 1: They would have to show superstars and they would take athletes from I remember, all different sports they woul compete against each other, and of course they put him in the sprint.
Speaker 3: They first of all, nobody could be nobody could ever beat him. He's the fastest old man in the world, but he was. I con bet right now that Daryl could probably beat some thirty year olds right now. He's just one of the best athletes I've ever seen. I remember him blowing out.
Speaker 2: Who was that? Herschel Waller walk like the fastest man I ever seen.
Speaker 3: And it asked me to challenge myself and say, could he have beat Carl Lewis? Because I think as a runner, you only fastest who you racing like, so if nobody in football could challenge him, why not go challenge the track start? And I think right now to this day, I'm sorry, Carr, I'm sorry. I think Daryl Green could have beaten you.
Speaker 2: Carl Lewis.
Speaker 3: I think Daryl Green could have beaten you, just like I would love to see nor Loud in the Cheetah.
Speaker 2: I would never do what you think.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I hate to get off track here, but the world's fastest man with the multiple gold medals in the Olympics, I think.
Speaker 2: Dale Green could have beat him. Yeah. Dale Green beat me when I was twenty one old.
Speaker 3: That's when we were still having the fastest Washington Player contest.
Speaker 2: So it was me and him and Champ at the end, and he beat me in Champ. He was forty. He was unbelievable. I went home and cried. I looked at my feet and said.
Speaker 3: You know what, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Listen, man, is. I really I would love to see that race, even with them.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I would love to see the Carl Lewis the Dale Green race, just like I want to see the Nord lives.
Speaker 2: In the Chill. I really do.
Speaker 3: I think Tyreek Hill can give him a run for his money because I like Dale Green. I think Tyreek is only fastest the person he's racing. Yeah, I really do legitly think that. And it's a dB, A former dB. We are chasers. Our job is to chase people, so at a blink of a dime, we have to make cuts and we have to go get people from from three, four, five six yards.
Speaker 2: I think if.
Speaker 3: Carl Lewis got out on Dale Green, let's just say he had a three step lead, Okay, I think Day will run him down.
Speaker 2: I think Darren will run him down. I would love to believe that.
Speaker 1: But I just track these world class track athletes when that's all they do.
Speaker 2: Like everything they do every there's no wasted motion.
Speaker 1: Everything they do is in such a way to gain speed to make sure that they don't overexert themselves. It has to do with aerodynamics, everything as opposed to be in.
Speaker 3: I'm just fast, yeah, and that's why I think Darrel would beat him because Darrell just fast.
Speaker 2: He's running reckless. But these rods are already just fast. Now we're going into the technical life, but they also.
Speaker 3: Is one technical difficulty and they can't do it one. Oh, I got out the block slow. If dy all get out the block slow, he don't care, right. So I just think the wildness of what Darryl is in his he would beat them, Like I legitly think he would have beat them. I think I've seen guys that run for two. What do you think Darryl Forty.
Speaker 2: Was coming out as a youngster. It's easily four three four two something.
Speaker 3: It's way faster than four to three, way faster than four three.
Speaker 2: We if you're getting in four to two is like sort of the limits of what we've seen.
Speaker 3: I feel like if Daryl really raced Carl Lewis, we wouldn't know who will win because there'll probably go back in time before the race over.
Speaker 2: I feel like he would run.
Speaker 1: He would run so fast that he'll be in the future like before the end.
Speaker 5: He would just just disappear and he's show up at like sixteen show in twenty twenty five, what happened like what was going on? Listen, man, I'm telling you, man, I've seen Daryl run Man and it's ridiculous how fast that dude was. Like, I think he's one of the athletes that we truly don't know his speed. I think we truly didn't get I don't think he got clocked.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair because I don't think they had electronic thoms, electric just hands.
Speaker 2: They were doing it with hand tie.
Speaker 3: So I think truly he could have been one of the fastest men on Earth.
Speaker 1: Well, he'll still probably be the fastest guy this weekend. We know that it's Legend's weekend. Yeah, alumni weekend, old folks, old folks weeken. So outside of the green, who were you most forward to looking to see it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love me some Ray Brown. Yeah, listen, Ray Brown is my guy. I love to see Jacoby. You notice I like Office Alive, and indeed it's alive. It's a big boys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I want to see those guys with a guy like there Gardner came back, the guy that stole my house for like three weeks. I love like even guys from my class, Rob Gartner. Like I love to see family. I love to see like I'm one of those guys. I knew everybody on my teams. I ingratiated myself with the old guys. Luckily, I get to see Gary all the time. So I want to see Art Monk. I love art because art don't like to talk, so he just listened to me talking all the time.
Speaker 2: He's a great listener.
Speaker 3: I love to see big Country Stephen Davis, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I actually want to see Casey Radbox them my guys, Ethan all.
Speaker 2: Bright, the rich snapper. You understand me. Nobody gives the loan snapper love.
Speaker 3: I love me and Ethan all Bright used to sit and talk trash to each other so much. Now, Yes, yes, I said it, a trash talking loan snapper. I sat said, don't think I've ever heard that before. Yes, a trash talking loan snapper. Frost Frost partner like like, I like to see everybody, like everybody man, because football don't last forever, but these these connections do. Bubba Tyler the trainer, I love Bubble like all us love Bubble. So it's it's a little bit of everybody. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody so I can just talk trash to him the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: Is there's someone you ever get an all like for me?
Speaker 1: And of course when I first started, I was like, oh my god, there's athletes, celebrities.
Speaker 2: But then you realize quickly is the job. I got a job to do.
Speaker 1: But when I meet famous broadcasters, people I admire, like I met James Brown one time.
Speaker 2: James Brown one of my favorite. I got to work with James Brown when I worked for CBS. He was so far. I believe he's from Bethesta, No, he's from his area. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I walked into my old studo this years ago and he goes, hey, Michael, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, James Brown knows my name? Yeah, JP, like I could like I was nervous. I was like, I'm so nervous. Yea, you know, It's nice to meet you, admiring you so much.
Speaker 1: Is there a player or someone that you are still sort of in awe of.
Speaker 3: I can't say this because the player that I was in awe of he made itself available for me in college, and that was Dione Sanders.
Speaker 2: Okay, I pad on everything.
Speaker 3: I WoT number two in college because of the uh like everything I did was because of the and he reached out to me while I was in college.
Speaker 2: To give me a heads up on this so dead saying that he.
Speaker 3: Was watching me so kind of broke my starscruckness.
Speaker 2: It took it away. It took it. That's a beautiful thing. Yeah, it took it away.
Speaker 3: So once I got here, it was like, man, I'm I'm fine, I'm good.
Speaker 2: So I was never starscruke.
Speaker 3: I think the first time truly that I was starscrug because I just never looked at people like that was when I met Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I Barck.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, this is what importance looked like, because I didn't feel like as an athlete when my job was important, but the president's job was important.
Speaker 2: So to meet Barack was the guy. All right. That was the guy.
Speaker 3: The only guy from even the past that I think I'll be starscrug with. It's one of my favorite all time, and that's been Franklin. You know, I love being frank Listen, like.
Speaker 2: The biggest Benjamin Franklin. Listen. I just want one day to spend with this man. I think he's one of the most brilliant men of all time.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's the reason why he one hundred dollars bill and he was never president. He was a diplomat in a way that nobody else was. He was special in a way that nobody else was. So if I could bring up anybody from history to just spend a day with, it'll be being Franklin.
Speaker 2: What about you like one dude, like one one dude all history.
Speaker 3: You get to spend a whole day with pick his brain history.
Speaker 2: You gotta go with honest Abe.
Speaker 3: Maybe right, you're gonna go Abraham, Yeah, Lincoln.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend, the Lovely Catherine asked me that I don't know why we're talking about presidents, and she was you thinking about Abraham?
Speaker 2: I go, Abraham? Are you talking about Abe Lincoln? What are you calling him?
Speaker 1: Abrahamcol Is maybe a Lincoln. I think that's an obvious answer, but I didn't think about it.
Speaker 3: What happened if you and A was kicking it that day, and you know he used to be a boxer in the wrestler I did not know that. You did not know what if ab took his shirt off and be like, come on, jink, let's go couple of rounds.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 1: If A if Abraham Lincoln took his shirt off around me and wanted.
Speaker 2: To know did I get here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was like six six right, it's huge. He was a big guy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would love to see Abraham whoop you to death.
Speaker 2: Whoop you to death. I'm a lover. I'm a lover. I would referee match.
Speaker 3: And when you get when I picked you up off the ground and say, you know he just beat you. To see Abraham Lincoln whip you, that's a shame.
Speaker 2: I will, I will. Okay, this is the perfect time to go to our voicemails.
Speaker 1: Call us, give us a call, tell us which president you would like to give you a good old butt whipping. Yeah, old fashioned butt whippings seven o three seven two six seven four one nine. I'd like to get a roundhouse from f You know what. I FDR was very adventurous. Yeah, I enjoyed him. What about George Washington with those wood teeth? Would you get a splinter punching him in the mouth?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm just saying different guys, different things.
Speaker 6: Who Well, I'm gonna interject here, everyone, I gotta how about you pay them bills?
Speaker 2: Change?
Speaker 1: There you go, Anna saying pay them bills, pay them bills.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Commanders fans.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty four football season is here, and See Geek is here to help you experience all of the action. They make it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter if you're buying or.
Speaker 1: Selling tickets to any Commanders football games or any other live event in DC, like a president taking his shirt off and boxing somebody giving them an old fashioned butt with the Sea Geek is the place to find those tickets, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders, the most disruptive idea and ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected.
Speaker 2: Seek Geek. Yeah, go to Sea Geek. Thursdy it's a match between Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 3: And Michael Jenkins at the Fed House.
Speaker 6: This conversation was not on my bingo car, by the way, this is just pure get loud.
Speaker 2: Ga was the greatest I ever saw.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, all right, are you ready for the sportsmail?
Speaker 6: We had two topics in the sportsmail, So ready, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Smoop?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Jenks Man? I was just calling in this D skeezy from bad News Newport News, Virginia for everybody else. Uh, I just want to call in man away my opinion. Man, I see a lot of people questioning, a lot of fans questioning. You know, it's this real. This can't be real. We went through this before, and I think we need some some therapy. I think the whole fan base, the whole franchise, the whole team, we need to go sit down with therapists, especially the old fans, not the new teammates, not the new people that's just just coming to board. I'm talking about the old fans, fans that's been around for a while, you know what I mean. That said, been around since the last super Bowl in nineteen ninety one. We all need to go sit down with a therapists. We need to let them know how we feel and get all our feelings out so that way we can go ahead and start fresh man and brace this newness that we have going on because we knew everything's new from the top down. We knew. And that's just my opinion. This D skeazy out man. I enjoy what y'all doing. Keep doing what you're doing, Hey, smooth, I got some opinions about Command Turner. I think we should have a guest fan every every month, maybe one episode a guest fan comes on. Whoever the biggest fan is show your support for the team. If you win, then we'll bring you on this show. You get a couple of minutes of fame, you get your opinions, all that good stuff. Tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 4: What y'all doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 4: Go command this We on top. We're gonna stay there.
Speaker 2: Oh I do, I do called we should bring a fan on for Command Center. You know, one of the better fans.
Speaker 3: Tim Gate, Ted and all the rest of these guys, the rally Captain, all of these guys.
Speaker 2: Bring these guys. I think that's a good thing. But he is right. I think we need to call this is a job for Doctor Field.
Speaker 3: Oh, because if we're gonna hear the whole fan base, imagine just bringing Doctor Field before a game and let him talk to the fan base.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be great? You don't think that'll be great.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to come up with some doctor Field isms because when he come up with some weird like kind of country saying yes he.
Speaker 3: Would he would sit out, and guys and ladies and gents, we need.
Speaker 2: To talk about the past in order to move in the future. Let's talk about what hurts you. Let's talk about what you hurt, and let's talk about what's new.
Speaker 3: Listen, let's understand where we are today.
Speaker 2: Compared to tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, maybe eighty thousand fans in the stadium, we sit doctor Field at the fifty yard line, put the mic in.
Speaker 1: His hand and he says something like, you gotta go into the past before a bovine sees the sun. You're like, I don't know what you're talking about it.
Speaker 2: I thought you was about to throw out I'm not a doctor mustache. Yeah, we need to you know what. I'll tell you what. This may be a little too personal, but whatever. I was going to therapy and I was going through it in a big way, and I just wantan missed. So I'm close to her to this day.
Speaker 1: The biggest professional, like the best professional you would ever meet in your life. But I was going through it and I was expressing myself. She's being a pro. But as I was walking out, it's the only time in years she ever kind of broke the code, if you will, And as I'm walking out. I hear go, honey, now trying, and she goes, it's gonna be okay. And I just need to hear someone say what it's gonna be. Let me just tell you personal person. Here, I'm gonna break through for a second and let you know it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's going to be. We're on the right side. We're on the right side. Guess what.
Speaker 3: When I was going to my shrink all the time, my shrink thought I was one of the most crazy peoples.
Speaker 2: Where can I see you next time? I'm so she was like you, She's like, you're a very special case. Like word, I see you Monday.
Speaker 3: It helps, It helps, man, Because I was young, I had a lot on my shoulders.
Speaker 2: She's trying to take.
Speaker 3: Care of my whole family and you know, playing football. She kept me grounded. She kept me grounded. Also, she let me be me. And that's why I tell people all the time, man.
Speaker 2: Maybe you just need to go see a shrink. Man, sometimes you just need to heat let it out. Don't be afraid to let it out. Man. It's always been great for me.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, Well, why was a great little voicemail.
Speaker 2: That was it. That was it? Because well done man. This However, what.
Speaker 6: I've got coming up here, I want as many voicemails you guys, send your takes, your thoughts.
Speaker 7: We're about to do some serious player comps here.
Speaker 6: We're gonna do Washington Legends to current NFL players, and if there's anybody we missed, feel free to let us know in the comments and the voicemails, and we'll give you our takes next week.
Speaker 3: I'm terrible this, yeah, because every player got a temp plate like we are.
Speaker 2: We a piece of every athlete that played before us.
Speaker 3: I just like to try to match them up to make them be for me.
Speaker 7: You know, was yours Dion fred Or? Who was it? Because I know you said he impacted you a lot.
Speaker 2: He impacted me a lot.
Speaker 3: But I think people would have come me because I came in right when Conans was starting to get taller, so I was I was really a tall Loan Coner then didn't quite headed the speed of a d On Sander, so uh.
Speaker 2: It was a it'll be hard. Let me come back to that.
Speaker 3: Let's see what they were to stick around. Bill Carter is who they compared me to coming out.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's stick around and we can hear Fred's personal player comp for himself. But we'll start off on the defensive side of the ball with Champ Bailey.
Speaker 1: Oh so you have a very soothing voice today, commercial or something I don't know.
Speaker 2: And later will take some more voice. Man, I hate to do this.
Speaker 3: It's good when it curves the Champ, especially with me having a relationship with him and play with him on the opposite side of him.
Speaker 2: No, we have no Chump.
Speaker 3: Belly, not on this team. We have no athlete that compares the Champ. Don't forget Champ played wide receiver and running back to and return kicks.
Speaker 1: What about a former what about a current day like a Patrick sir tant Now there will be more to a Champ Bailey.
Speaker 2: That'll be more to a Champ Bailey.
Speaker 3: But to say we have one on this roster, we don't have a Champ Bailly on this rosh.
Speaker 7: We're doing NFL. If we're doing NFL in general.
Speaker 3: NFL, I would go, yeah, Patrick certain Jordan, I got one, Yeah you did, I got nice.
Speaker 2: Who we got next? Now?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Pierre Garson, Oh, Pierre, like Luke McCaffrey. Okay, Luke McCaffrey, Pierre was man. Listen, Pierre dog.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: But every time I hear someone talk about Pierre that played with them, Yeah, the first thing do is that they say, yo, man, listen.
Speaker 2: To me man.
Speaker 3: One of the one of the strongest wide receivers. Love blocking like most Steven don't like to block. Pierre will choke you, all right, Pierre was Listen, when you play Pierre Garson, get ready for four quarters of football. Just won't be just a wide receive a cornerback thing. Pierre is going to dig out linebackers. Pierre is going to wrestle DB's to the ground. Pierre is going to bite you on your leg through the face.
Speaker 2: Mans.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how that happened. Luke McCaffrey gives off Pierre vibes.
Speaker 2: Are you going from people going NFL?
Speaker 7: You can do the entire NFL? So don't feel like stuck to this roster.
Speaker 2: What I do feel like he's very Pierre like it.
Speaker 3: How about Rod Gardner family, Listen, listen, this is his name, family, that's what we call Rod. It was a huge dude, like just a big old wide receiver could get deep.
Speaker 2: That one really his thing, but he could fight for the ball.
Speaker 3: And luckily we had a guy that he mimicked at the same time, Michael Retchbrook. Yep, they were the same guy to me, Rod Gardener and Michael Retchbrook with the.
Speaker 2: Same, similar skill set, similar skills.
Speaker 3: So if I had to say today, who would remind me of Rodd?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Maybe a T. Higgins. Oh, he's a good one. Yeah, it's a good call, all right.
Speaker 7: How about Beams?
Speaker 3: I think B Mitch invented the third down back? All right, he invented the returner hashtag third down back. Austin Eckler, Yes, where's the third especially this year he's one of the third special team Eckler is the perfect B. Mitch clone. Plus they both missing hair.
Speaker 2: You picture of Mitch with hair? Can't that mustange? Weasel?
Speaker 3: He has the biggest mustange. I thought it was a snicker. I didn't know what it.
Speaker 7: Was, all right. How about Joe? Thisman, Joe, This.
Speaker 2: Is what people don't understand about Joe. Joe used to return kicks? Is wild to me? What on the quarterback that you know that used to return kicks? None of them?
Speaker 3: So I say Joe was a better athlete than people gave him credit for. All right, So I would probably say today Baker Mayfield like back Mayfield because Baker is a better athlete.
Speaker 2: Than people think. He is not super tall, y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw in between the tack and I'm gonna do whatever I need to do to get the job done.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield thighsman is what I call. Oh I like that?
Speaker 7: How about uh, Darryl Green? Does anyone compare in the league today?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's not another Daryl. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Nobody with those intangibles, Nobody that fast.
Speaker 1: I try to come up with, like Antoine Wentple, he's a safety and he's a big he's a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's nobody.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was talking to Chimp and Champ saw me watching Darryl on film and he was like, stop watching it, and I like what you mean? He was like, man, let me tell you. So can't nobody d Green? But d Green like, you're not gonna learn from his technique because nobody can do what he does his own thing. He does his own thing. So I don't think it's I don't think it's another Degreen out there.
Speaker 7: I don't how about uh Russ grim.
Speaker 2: Russ, Russ.
Speaker 3: Bey Oddish day, a little badass be Hoish Yes, yes, there go your rest Greham Clone, what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Solid?
Speaker 3: What an addition Beonis has been by the way, say man, yes, I go be okay all right?
Speaker 6: And then I feel like we have to hit our command center guys.
Speaker 7: Santana Moss all right.
Speaker 2: Who is Santana's day? I would say Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 3: Oh, Tyrek's a good comp I say Tyrek the cheatah because I think Santana was the first of the small guys playing outside speed guys because before the ND they put him in the slot.
Speaker 2: Worthy is that too early?
Speaker 3: A straight line guy? I would say, he don't have the ability to stop? Said Tanner was fasting quick. That's true.
Speaker 2: To stop on the door, you can stop on the die.
Speaker 3: So the ability to stop, I say the cheetah they sat town.
Speaker 2: Who else we.
Speaker 7: Got London Fletcher see.
Speaker 3: London ran Afo the four to three coming out of school? Really yeah, so he was he was a bowling ball with like knives coming out of him. So I would probably say, uh m line basher linebacker. Plus he could catch like from a lot of lineback and kiss, So I probably say, Fred Warner, the Warners could not the same body type, Yeah, but the same explosives and if and the way they played and how nasty they are, Yeah, they kind of command the defense.
Speaker 6: Fred war all right, we have a time for about one more.
Speaker 7: You can choose a comp art monk or Doug Williams. Who do we want to find Arthur Monk?
Speaker 3: And I would go, oh, who is an art monk clone?
Speaker 2: My givings, I gotta Doug Williams cop. You gotta hate this.
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco, Joe flat Verdi, think about it for a second, had a short time or like, I can't play for multiple franchises, have Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 2: And he was on, he was on tall quarterback, still played for a long time. That was great. It was great. And on that note, it's time for me to geek out. Let's geek out right? Do you not this?
Speaker 3: Scientists have discovered a sixth ocean beneath the earth surface?
Speaker 2: Okay? Question for me is what kind of animals are in the sixth Ocean? You probably don't want to know. Is it a is it a dinosaur in the sixth Ocean? Like, what's going on? Beneath the earth surface, ocean, beneath the ocean, beneath under the CRUs.
Speaker 7: Because I was just gonna say, isn't that just still ocean?
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, it's say deep sea ocean that they just think they found, and it's you know, the possibilities.
Speaker 2: Sciences just don't even know.
Speaker 1: Many of the animals and ocean those are the camera down there, they're like, what the hell is that something with eight eyes like swimming around there? Like we they don't even know what goes on in the depths of our about the moon, imagine there's something crawling off.
Speaker 3: And then the next one gotta check this out. You never would have thought this one, all right, our capone. It's the reason we had an expiration date on milk.
Speaker 2: Do you know that? Why?
Speaker 3: Because when his niece got very very sick from spoil milk, he puts hard for labels to protect children and pregnant women, our compone, that's what they want.
Speaker 8: I need you to put a date on that milk. Put that this is the last one right here. I do love children, said, this is the last one right here, right Check this out.
Speaker 2: Okay. Sea horses the.
Speaker 3: Only animal where the male gets pregnant instead of the female.
Speaker 2: That's not Sam. I'm glad you didn't know Colorado.
Speaker 7: Colorado education. All right, Fred, we got a comp for yourself there. Cotta del Cotta was my coll right, that's your okay, you're asking.
Speaker 2: For well, here goes. Think.
Speaker 3: I found out the hardway about the seahorse because I bought this very big fish tank, right, but it had corners, and my and my.
Speaker 2: Sea horses kept dying.
Speaker 3: And then my aquarium people say you cannot put a sea horse in the aquarium with corners because they don't they have no reverse so once they.
Speaker 2: Would get stuck in the corner, they would die from scratch.
Speaker 3: So you can only put sea horses in circular aquariums. And I had to learn the hardway because I kept buying these sea horses and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: They keep dying.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, you have a rectangular fish tank. You can't put him in there.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I was when I was living in Austin.
Speaker 1: I was working down there after I graduated, and I went to a pet store and I don't think they probably even allowed this anymore.
Speaker 2: And as you walk in it was a pet store in like a strip mall.
Speaker 1: And in the window they had a cayman, you know, and they are terrifying animals, man, And this thing like through the wall or through the window, you could hear it hissing, and I was like, what the And so I'm looking around and this this old karakey like pet store on it comes up to me. He goes, you know, you know, we don't sell those little like little tiny alligators and crocodiles, and kids by go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? He goes, because they turned into that.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I believe because it was the meanest looking thing I ever seen.
Speaker 2: Man, Yes, most definitely. Oh yeah, get tickets to the next game. Let's do it. We got a huge I was like, get takes next game. Okay, I'll meet you there baby, Yeah, it's the feed house. Come to the game. We'll be out door for you to be there.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be there and I'm gonna try to get there very very early because i want to go to as many tailgates as I can. I'm here to crash tailgates this week. I'm gonna crash your tailgates. So if you're out there barbecueing, you're out there cooking.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take some of their barbecue. Go see Smooth.
Speaker 1: We'll be at Legends Plause. The entire crew will be out there. Gonna be a great weekend over the managers football. Time to get back in the win column against the Panthers. That's my guy, Fred Smooth. I'm Michael Jenkins. We just kicked out, had a good.
Speaker 2: Time, and we just got loud.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.