Speaker 1: Okay, so this is so fascinating, especially Sisney. I'm only thinking about you right now because your husband's in a rock band. He wanted to duet with, you know, a female rock band slead singer. Would you like him to do that or would you want him to do that? Would you let him do that? And that's what this is all about, Tanya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I want to open it up not just to the entertainment industry, but just think about your job and certain things that you were asked in the workplace. But when it comes to being married and the entertainment industry, there is a lot of blurry lines. Right People that are actors are making out on screen that are married. But Gabby Barrett, she is a country singer. She was on American Idol. She finished Yeah, she finished third on American Idol. Her and her husband Kid have set boundaries with their careers in order to protect their marriage.
Speaker 1: Jami Meets on American Idol.
Speaker 2: Yes they did. Yeah, So she said, there's been a large song of coortunities that have come in for me to do weet on or be a part of something, but it's between myself and my husband and I respect him a ton so I listen to what he has to say, and I think he deserves that. And so she basically went on to say she's turned down a lot of big duet opportunities. She said, there's been songs that have been not appropriate to seeing wording wise, like these love songs that are really intimate wording wise. And so I thought it was interesting because a lot of people say that that can harm your career. You know, if you're turning down these big possible duets, it's hindering your career, but it could also be jeopardizing your marriage. You know. I hate even those secure and confident person can feel certain sense of insecurities when their partner is in this line of work. You know, Like my best friend is dating a singer and has to watch her grind on stage, and so I think that we grind well. Like my best friend Becca, her girlfriend is a performer, and so she has to watch her girlfriend and dance intimately and do all this stuff. And what I'm saying is I think Gabby Barrett is saying, I'm gonna I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to He's going to be grinding as she does a duet, Like your friend here.
Speaker 2: But what she's saying is she's putting your relationship first.
Speaker 1: We hear that. So the question is is that I mean by the way, I yes, those two met. They were so fun on the show together, and I love their relationship, and I think that works for them, doesn't work for everybody? Well, Tanya like, would you do it?
Speaker 2: No? Honestly, I feel like I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at Rema and Selena. They're fine.
Speaker 2: It's art, right, I feel like there are certain ones, yes, But I understand what she's saying is like she's like, I don't want him to feel any certain type of way.
Speaker 1: I think what's worse is and I just saw a photo of was it Blake Lively because in her co star on the set? Yeah, right on the set in front of the camera. Yes, I saw the photos and I was like, oh, I don't know i'd want to see that, right, I mean, I lived that I was dating an actress. I know, yeah, I didn't. I mean that's not like it's it's nothing comfortable about that to me. It's it's harder, I think, to see if you're dating an actor, to see them kiss kiss another actor, right, But like.
Speaker 2: That also goes you know Penn Badgley has turned down roles. He doesn't want to be nude anymore out of respect for his wife, and so does that limit him there? You know, so it's kind of that.
Speaker 1: You would not duet, but you give me underwear. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all like I just gave you underwear. It was you were talking about misplacing your red favorite pair of red underwear.
Speaker 1: Was comfortable if you wanted to do a song to get it.
Speaker 2: Was very thoughtful. I thought it was a very thoughtful gift.
Speaker 1: Let's go to sisiny on that about the gift or about duetting. Just whatever you want to do. I don't see an issue with having to do a duet with somebody else if you're married. It's to me art, it's it's it's just art, but acting is a whole next level. Like would you preferred Tanya dueted with me, then give me the red underwear?
Speaker 2: I mean at the time, I don't think she saw anything wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Would you do it now? Yeah? I didn't she give you. She gave you underwear for Christmas? Didn't she? Little shorts like Hucie Daddy.
Speaker 2: Shorts that my fiance.
Speaker 1: With me sing with me instead. Please, I mean that's the other issue. You're trying to dress them like your fiance.
Speaker 2: I don't know where's the line.