Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Even I am tired of this now, so wake me when something real happens.
Speaker 1: But the Uranian Foreign.
Speaker 2: Ministry just put out there will be no permanent deal with the US until these clauses are fulfilled releasing Iran's frozen assets, US, issuing waivers for Indian war oil, et cetera, et cetera. They have stated there will be no deal to open the strait until they get their money.
Speaker 1: Trump and JD.
Speaker 2: Vans are still saying, you don't get your money until you open the straight and deal on the new clear stuff.
Speaker 1: So there is no.
Speaker 2: Deal that forty eight hours or whatever where the world pretended like there is, it was a deal.
Speaker 1: There is no deal.
Speaker 2: Israel and Hasbel are fighting each other as we speak. The strait is closed as we speak, and the main sticking both both sides.
Speaker 1: Are one hundred and eighty degrees apart. There is no deal. Mister President, mister President, mister President. Joe, Getty, Armstrong and Getty show my question, what are we doing here? What is this? I got it them. I can't even take it seriously. I know that's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Would you say we said something will happen between now and Friday that will break this thing down. Yeah, well yeah, true, truly they're honest to god, this seems like there is no deal. So whatever, as you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I want to talk about Juneteenth a little bit in a couple of minutes. I know, even a during that name annoyed some of you. I want to explain to you why it shouldn't as much. But first, it's the beloved Friday tradition. Let's take a fun to look back at the week that was its cow clips of the week. You Randia that we made is going to bring me a lot of success to the world. We are prepared to release frozen funds. Your runs in charge to killers and thugs are still in charge. But isn't it worth trying?
Speaker 2: These fools who think I haven't been tough enough on Iran are either jealous, bad people, or stupid.
Speaker 1: It is common sense. They don't want to get bombed, They don't want to get hit. Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump is the only head of state in the entire world who is sympathetic.
Speaker 1: To the nation of Israel. At this moment in time, what have you learned about not just the exercise of power, but the limits on your power as a result of the conflict. There are no limits, no lim no not to get me. He's coming after my wife, Jen, a public servant. How are you lighting you up? Every single day?
Speaker 3: And now I don't have to worry about NBCNN viewers.
Speaker 1: It's more. The paradox of California today is a successful economy attached to a failing model of governance.
Speaker 2: The phrase I learned early in my career in the New York Field Office, and that's don't choke on your own smoke. Oh, there is no limit to how high we can go.
Speaker 1: Well, so balla, he's a man. I'm on right America. The most useful college majors now are foraging and hand to hand combat. So that means.
Speaker 2: Thirty equals six, which equals eight. You know it also equals eight four unrelated to equals six. Yes, it's basically a medical emergency.
Speaker 3: We were notified that we have a possible Equola case on board.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and cry. After fifty three years, the next.
Speaker 2: Are finally NBA champions looks again.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people who have a lot of opinions, but when you prove them wrong, you really have to do. You have to say to them, I know your rights, and for the love of Mike, don't ever give them up.
Speaker 1: I'm Mike and I approved this message. Still, it's clips of the we take on the soccer ruse later today. Go, I don't think I can watch live. I really want to. I'm really into the American team. I get him, one of the guys, and he's probably not gonna play, but by god, I love him. I went ahead of in my country, I can't. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But well, we're running errands today, so we'll have the soccer match on as we drive around.
Speaker 1: I don't expect any score to happen. But well, some of the players you want to know about are the super great black guy with the longer curly hair, and the super great black guy who's got short hair, the white fella who's like crazy fast, and then the big guy. He's so good, really larger than most soccer players. And they're actually Americans. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, well yeah, and actually every interview I've heard they're they're great, earnest, patriotic kids who are playing hard and loving this experience and stuff really easy to root for. Plus they're my countrymen, and I'm a patriot, so I'm rooting for him. Damn right, You're damn right. And I want to talk about patriotism and June teenth and the bizarre stated progressive race politics at some point, at least briefly. But and you know what, I decided to save this till next week. I'm just working a couple of days next week than taking the longest vacation of our adult lives, my wife and mine, to celebrate our fortieth anniversary. But I want to talk about how the birthday of our nation must not be on either side about Trump or any individual, certainly not a politician, no matter how great or terrible you think he is. That that's bizarre, it's ridiculous. So anyway, God bless this great country.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to shift my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from thinking about the around thing.
Speaker 2: Way from away from the I just I'm kind of flum mixed over the whole, the fact that it seems like it's completely We're exactly where we were Monday or Saturday, even a week ago. We've gone back a week Ivan. Yeah, I think we're completely at We have no agreement whatsoever.
Speaker 1: M okay, yeah, we'll see what happens. I was reading yesterday about I'd forgotten about this because I just you know, you can't remember everything, can you. That's why you make notes, why I have books. I don't memorize all of it. It's in there. The plot against George Washington in June of seventeen seventy six, that's a good New York investigators uncovered a plot against George Washington and the Continental Army, and at the center of the plot was his very own life guard. It's like the equivalent of Secret Service at the time. He'd requested like elite guys from each of the regimental commanders to protect him and his papers and his command center and the rest of it. And a couple of them turned out to be uh, closeted loyalists and we're gonna snuff him. But they sniffed it out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Things that don't happen get lost to history more than they should, because oftentimes it came really close to happening and of altered you know, good god, how would that have altered things?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, at first, no one thought much of the news. The authorities had arrested two members of Washington's guard, Michael Lynch and Thomas Ikey May. Their names live in infamy for using counterfeited currency until a fellow prisoner named Isaac Ketcham testified in June of seventeen seventy six that he overheard the duo discussing plans to betray the Continental Army.
Speaker 2: If he hadn't overheard it, who knows what would happen. Book came out a few years ago. I remember talking about it at the time because it's really good. The first conspiracy, The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington, came out in twenty nineteen. Really interesting. It's a page turner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of the investigators was John Jay, none other than the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Later on, but I love this. This is straight out of like a Netflix series or something or Apple TV. As Jay and his committee said about investigating various leads, pointed to a tanner living in a swamp and a man without an arm soon to the New York Mayor himself, David Matthews. One in the morning, June twenty second, soldiers raided in the Mayor's house and took him into custody. Didn't take long to connect the plot to New York's loyalist Governor William Tryon, who had long since fled to a nearby British ship, but managed to keep up communication with tories in the city. So, oh, man, what would happen then they knocked off Washington? Yeah, and it's similar to Civil war.
Speaker 2: If you're a civil war buffy, you know the story of finding the cigar band with the battle plans in it that just happened to be found on the ground at a time when the war could have gone either way, might have been the difference maker in the Civil War? What would that have done to the country? You wouldn't think the fate of a country or a world could depend on these things, but it does not. Similar to if Donald Trump hadn't turned his head, how different would things have been over the last two years?
Speaker 1: Boy, I'd like to assemble some of the great historians and ask him. Because fairness, they were going to kidnap g dub They weren't gonna kill him. But if they kidnapped him as a hostage, what would the reaction? What was likely to have happened. What would the Continental Congress have done? Who would have assumed command of the military. I got a couple of guesses, But how would that have differed from Washington's command? Because Washington didn't win a lot of battles, as you know, amateur historians. No, he just kept the army in the field and listened to his super smart generals and kept us alive. What we waited for help grossover simplification, But ultimately only Hickey, who we mentioned, was hanged in orders announcing the sentence from Mutiny's edition and treachery. Washington urged his soldiers to learn from Hickey's mistakes, and this is the advice I want you to all to take away from this and avoid lewd women. Apparently it was some ha he who led Hickey astray and duped him into this plot. How many times I'm telling you, I'm telling you Eve Apple, Snake, et cetera place.
Speaker 2: My first roommate in college used to say, how many wars have been fought over that tiny little area of a woman's body?
Speaker 1: MM, who knows what? I'm confused, boy, this was a different sort of show. I would engage, but I'm not going.
Speaker 2: To you're going to explain Juneteenth to us. I have friends who are working government who have the day off today. I'm anti all of these days where government workers get off and the rest of us go to work.
Speaker 1: But it's ridiculous that it's a national holiday. It's kind of a cool day and it's a good reason to discuss something more important. Okay, what is Juneteenth? Among other things? On the waystay here.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this because I'll admit I'm not solid on my knowledge of what Juneteenth is, which is today, I'm gonna wind our way there. Do you know who Carmelo Anthony is not? The basketball player, the teenager who stabbed another team to death.
Speaker 1: Convicted a murder last week. I think it was sentenced to thirty five years in prison. The reaction to that has been completely insane, particularly among some people who push the sort of hateful, racist, militant Marxist brand of race relations. So Carmelo's black is victim, Austin Metcalf was white, and apparently the racial justice movement now just believes that any murder of a white kid should be legal. Here's Jasmine Crockett, sitting member of Congress, quote black women especially Black women who have black male children, live in fear and agony every single day, a fear and agony that I promise you, the Metcalfs that was the victim's name, probably never never spent a day living that way. So black women live in agony. That the Metcalfs whose son died bleeding out in his twin brother's arms, don't have to go through that agony. Okay, Later she doubled down. Carmelo decided to go under a tent and simply didn't want to be put out in the rain by some random kid that he didn't know. There was little to no mercy scene or humanity scene when this black boy said I was scared. Outside the courtroom, supporters of anthony gathered. One woman said, quote, what do you want us to do? At this point? I got five boys. I ain't got nothing to tell him no more. Tell him, don't stab anyone in the heart over a minor dispute, Tell him that don't use deadly violence to settle idiotic teen arguments. Start there anyway, It was in the midst of a lot of that militant, hateful, woke quote unquote social justice racial stuff that juneteenths became a national holiday, and a lot of people, including me, hate that stuff, just absolutely hate it. And the Biden cow towing desperately to a certain segment of Black America saying the next Supreme Court justice and be a black woman, and as veep would be a black woman, and the rest of it. So it all kind of has the stink of that period. And it's too bad, because it's really a cool day if you and you should take pride in the fact that we and the Brits effectively ended the global slave trade to the extent that we could. It's still going on today, but we certainly ended the transatlantic slave trade, and you know, various aspects of it. So June teenth is a blend of the word June and nineteenth because on June nineteenth and the mostly illiterate slaves of Galveston, Texas in that area didn't know they were free until two and a half years after the emancipation prop Wow, I didn't realize it was that long. Two and a half years. It's a horror.
Speaker 2: If you had to ask me, and I said, they didn't know for weeks that they had been emancipated, not.
Speaker 1: Two and a half years. Yeah, it's bad enough. So they had no idea. And when General Gordon Granger arrived in Galveston on June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five, he read General Orders Number three, which officially declared that all enslaved people in Texas were free. And so these people found out they were free, and that effectively ended slavery for good in the United States. Which you could argue that the Emancipation Proclamation date, if we're going to have a holiday, that'd be a better date or whatever, and that's fine, we can have that discussion. But today slavery really came to an end for effing good in the US. Is a day worth celebrating, and it's unfortunate that it carries with it the stink of Marxist, divisive, hateful race politics.
Speaker 2: It is kind of interesting that Juneteenth became a federal holiday, but the date of the Emancipation Proclamation did not already years ago.
Speaker 1: Sure well, partly I think because Lincoln's birthday was a holiday and he was hailed for you know that sort of thing, which reminds me. And there are great books you can read about this, or just ask Tim sand For some day. The founding fathers were absolutely, one hundred percent acutely aware of the contradiction between we hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal and the fact that they were slaves. Thomas Jefferson was enormously pained by that. Now was he could he have done better and freed the slaves? Blah? Yeah, sure, but people act like that would just have been effortless to end slavery in the New World when it existed all over the world at that time. They knew one hundred percent they'd put themselves in a terrible fix and working it out would take a while and be paid. But if anybody ever claims otherwise, they are a liar. There's more breaking news around the war with Iran. Washington Post has an exclusive that just landed a few minutes ago.
Speaker 2: The war is not over even close. We've accomplished nothing this week? Is that about the MoU forget.
Speaker 1: It, Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 2: Winding moments of the week in the summertime officially becomes summer this weekend with Father's Day on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Yeah, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Speaking of parenthood, what a pleasure it is to welcome back to the show Katie Green, Katie, Katie the mommy lady who has a new daty. Hey Katie, Hey.
Speaker 3: Guys, happy Father's day ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. How's it going.
Speaker 3: It's going great. And actually we have a I think a new milestone this morning. I know they can't really see a whole lot yet. He's five weeks as of two day. But when I'm looking at him and smiling, he is smiling back. Oh, and I am a puddle.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, yes, five and a half weeks already. Wow. Time goes by fast for other people's babies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was, I was telling my mom. I was like, this has been the longest and shortest five weeks of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Yeah, isn't that wild? That's the way. And he's doing go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was just saying, he's doing great. He's gaining weight finally, and we're a happy little family over here.
Speaker 2: It's interesting you say that, because I don't remember that it started right away, but so the entire parenting experience then, apparently from day one is it's the longest and shortest, both because the whole thing is that hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hours drag in the years fly. Yeah, it's it's amazing. Wow, all right, glad to hear his gain and wait, I'll wait till he left as oh my god, a baby.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Well right now when he when he poops, he does this thing at the end like me, So.
Speaker 2: I always do that. Do you hear me in the still next day? I'm laughing, I'm a laugh right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. So you sent the crew a great picture of you and Drew and the babe together. How's how's Drew loving being a dad? Oh?
Speaker 3: He's he's so. I mean, he's just as obviously in love as I am.
Speaker 1: But he's such a great dad.
Speaker 3: You know. It's like you, you know, you marry someone, you're in love with that person, and then they go and do something that makes you fall in love with them all over again. Watching him become a dad has done that.
Speaker 1: AND's day.
Speaker 3: Yeah on Sunday, Yep, it's so. Van Van was born on the twelfth of May. Drew's birthday was June fourth, he turned forty and then he's having his first Father's Day, so he's having a hell of a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good lord, i'd say, yeah, yeah, yeah, came yet for the little lad Van the Man, perhaps just suggesting.
Speaker 3: Actually that is that is actually one of the main ones Van the Man. But still I keep calling him monkey because he's just he's mad monkey, sad monkey, happy monkey.
Speaker 2: By the tale that you mentioned the last time we talked to you.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, his tale is the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, right, he likes to hang from it, you know. But it's so funny. Now my mom and dad I I and this is totally fine with me. I no longer exist like my dad. We go anywhere and they'll you know, they get up and they leave the table, if we go to dinner and they come out and they're like, where's Van And I'm like, hey.
Speaker 1: Guys, oh no, you're just a means to get the grandchildren. Fool.
Speaker 3: Exactly what what are the what is the lgb h D t V crowd calling us uh birthing people?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, right, that's exactly what you are. Yeah, so ah, no, hurry obviously, When are you thinking of coming back to work any idea?
Speaker 3: I think it's at the end of July, Okay, come back cool? Yeah, because Drew Drew is going back two weeks before I come back. Because I kind of get I got to get a grasp on how to do this without him. But we're we're yeah, we're coming back, and I'm very excited. I miss I missed hanging out with you guys.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent and uh okay, cool. Well we're looking forward to that. Obviously.
Speaker 2: What does what does a baby start eating anything? As I don't remember you forget all this stuff. When does a baby start eating anything other than mom's milk? When does that happen?
Speaker 3: I think like six months the roost. I'll have to yeah toally roastb sandwiches, you know what, first one pastrawmi sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm bringing a kid up right. Oh you know, I was just reading Katie and god, dang it, this is so obvious. The the whole peanut allergy thing and egg allergy thing and so many allergies and are because the kid didn't get exposed to it. The whole oh don't give your kid this, and don't do that, and don't let him play on the floor, and you've got to keep them perfectly clean all the time. They were one hundred percent wrong about all of it.
Speaker 3: Right, So yeah, no one kid get a game. Oh, yeah, we're we're not playing that game. He's gonna he's gonna be very exposed to ever he already has been. I'm I'm in I'm in a mom's group on Facebook and it's it's called May six Babies, so it's obviously all the babies that were born in the month of May. And one woman posted yesterday, Hey, when are we allowed to start taking.
Speaker 1: Our kids out?
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, Van's been going out since he was ten days old. We're not, you know, it's not We're not. I'm not going to live in fear with him, and he's going to eat all the food. He will not be a picky eater. And you know he's he's gonna he's gonna be he's gonna be all good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you ever heard this story, because this happened years before you started with us, because I mean, I certainly went about as far as you want to go in terms of exposing your kid to germs. As one of my kids and I don't remember which one. At this point, he goes into the bathroom with me at Target. He's very small, very small, but obviously big enough to walk, but maybe like two or something. I'm using a urinal and when I turn around, he's down on his hands and he's licking the drain in the target bath room. For the love of God, yea, licking the drain where they washed down everything, the chemicals and everything else in the target bathroom.
Speaker 1: Worse Walmart, Walmart.
Speaker 3: Woh, well, so what did you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, street like a lunatic.
Speaker 1: Girlimed, Oh my god, but everything's been fun.
Speaker 2: And then one time Sam, Joe and I were speaking at the Capitol in Sacramento. The Big Capital must have been tea party or something, probably was around twenty ten, because anyway, Sam picked up some what I call bum gum. He found some gum on the sidewalk and a lung well bum probably, and was chewing bum gum. There's different ways to expose your kid to germs.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I don't plan on either one of those, but he'll he'll get his fast share, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, societies that like have barnyard animals walking in and out of their houses, allergies are completely unknown and the kids have immune systems like crazy. So get a couple indoor goats. That's the key to a long healthy life. And remember a kid who doesn't have a job by age eight is probably going to be a boomerang kid. So get that kid.
Speaker 3: Please tell, please, tell Drew that I need to go.
Speaker 1: Please. Oh God, you have a baby, but what's a baby goat? Come on, you know, a kid without a kid is no kid at all or something like that. I don't know, Jack, you're the god expert around here. I'll let you rule on that. Well. I'm glad everything's going so well.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic and we appreciate you checking in.
Speaker 1: Definitely. Yeah, say hey to the family.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, hey, real quick, kay, I will and oh yes, Michael. No.
Speaker 1: I just want to know how when you take him on public, how are people reacting to him? It constantly people coming up to you.
Speaker 3: He's a chick magnet. All the ladies, I mean, so like, you know, young girls, oh my god, riz, and then he's got the RIZ and then the older ladies come up and they love him. But the only thing is is that they all want to touch him. And I'm kind of like.
Speaker 1: One, Yeah, I'm sure goats wandering in and out, but not strangers touching on my kid. Hands off there right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goats over strangers every day without a doubt, but he he's great in public and everybody. Everybody just loves him, and we take him to dinner, we take him everywhere, and he's just he's a peaceful little guy.
Speaker 1: There will come a day, Katie. It's more for dudes, I think than women, But there will come a day when someone will hand you their baby and you'll be like, oh my god, do I remember how to do this? Believe it or.
Speaker 3: Not, I'm watching that happen with my parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it takes about three seconds. Then you're like, oh, yeah, I used to be really good at this, used to hand while I was cooking. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing is my mom with my dad right now because my dad hold him like, which is how he used to hold me and my mom just he's gonna get a crick in his neck. Stop holding him like.
Speaker 1: It's all about baby security. You gotta hold him tight, right, Katie Gates to talk to you and stay in touch.
Speaker 3: All right, Absolutely, you guys. I miss you, And happy Father's Day again.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks hay to the family. Cool Katie, Katie the baby lady five and a half weeks already. I'm astounded by that.
Speaker 2: I know other people's babies go by really fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I hardly feel like I know the kid well. Vandam man. There's just no.
Speaker 2: Amount of words that can explain how your life changes and your psychology changes and everything around having going from non parents parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Happy Father's Day to all the dad's and all the mom don't you know what I'm talking about day?
Speaker 2: As far as I can tell, you don't hear near as much about Father's Day as you do Mother's Day. Boy, I was just rereading some of the statistics about if a kid grows up without a dad in the home, you know, quadruple.
Speaker 1: Is likely to be poor. Oh, go to prison, you know, all sorts of become addicted to drugs. It's it's it's terrible.
Speaker 2: The most interesting article I read about Father's Day the other day was just how many men are choosing not to become a father at all, right, more than ever in history. And that's its own thing that we've talked about a lot, But just all that thing I just mentioned about the number of changes that happened to you and your your view of the world and the chemistry and your brain and everything like that, Millions upon millions of people are deciding I'm not gonna get.
Speaker 1: Involved in that, right.
Speaker 2: Kind of an interesting experiment for the planet, though it is utterly fundamental to the human experience anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah. I had something else to say, but it flitted out of my mind because I'm old and no longer of child bearing years. Unless I'm like a Hollywood star, then I'd go ahead and knock a few out, or a rock star too, Mick Jagger.
Speaker 2: There is a little bit of breaking news which I will keep short. Have a little something around the soccer matches. We take on the soccer ruse today, the United States versus Australia. We need to beat them.
Speaker 1: We should beat them, right, we're ranked higher than they are. I don't know, I don't remember. I think we are. I'll look that up. They're very defensive minded. The Aussies jack six to eleven behind the ball. Oh I'm telling you the expression I heard the other day. Oh okay, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll finish strong next.
Speaker 1: How don't I really dumb this down?
Speaker 2: For those of you who are like me who know nothing about World Cup soccer and don't watch every four years, and it's the world's biggest sporting event, but I've never paid at ten to it in my life.
Speaker 1: And I lacked superior because I know a little bit about it.
Speaker 2: So forty eight teams in the tournament totally start and then you play these various games to try to get to the knockout round, and that includes the final thirty two. So they're eliminating sixteen teams, so it'll go from forty eight to thirty two. We don't have to beat Australia today to make the final thirty two, having won our first game. If we would win that third game against Turkey, we would most likely make it into the final thirty two.
Speaker 1: It'd be nice to beat Australia today.
Speaker 2: Then we're almost guaranteed pretty much to make the single.
Speaker 1: Elimination round of thirty two.
Speaker 2: When you get to the thirty two, it's like March Madness for college basketball one and done.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just single elimination.
Speaker 2: Which just you know, makes is both fun and unfair because you know, you can have a great team with an off day and a mediocre team with a great day, and if you played one hundred times, you wouldn't get that result again.
Speaker 1: But it's part of what makes it so exciting, right, bad break, bad call, whatever, Yeah, it can happen, but that also brings unbelievable intensity to every game.
Speaker 2: We are the sixteenth ranked team in this tournament. Australia is twenty seven. As it says here, it's you know, so we are expected to win. We have like a sixty five percent chans of winning on paper.
Speaker 1: But expect it to be a close.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be a blowout either way, And a lot of it has to do with whether Christian Pulasak Pulisik Pulasak yeah plays or not.
Speaker 1: He's one of our better players.
Speaker 2: He's hurt. We don't know, I think as of this moment, whether or not he's going to play. If he doesn't play, the gap narrows a lot between US and Australia, So that's something to pay attention to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was reading about the guys who are probably gonna take up the slack and how one in particular is really really super good. He's been down last couple of years, blah blah blah. So we'll say that that's why they play the games, as the cliche goes, should be exciting.
Speaker 2: And how many goals you win by matters in this bored like. Yeah, speaking of March Madness, it doesn't matter whether you win by one or blow a team out by fifty. It just doesn't matter. But it does in soccer. And the fact that we won that first one against Paraguay four to one is why even with a loss today, we'll probably.
Speaker 1: Make it into the knockout round. Yeah, they in the preliminary because the difference, obviously with March Madness is you have a giant play in tournament to figure out who's in June Madness, and yeah, goals, goal differential breaks, ties and that.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing, and then that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah Yeah. But then Sassis, for what it's worth, are very defensive minded. They're counter punchers, so they're very difficult to score against. But who knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know anything about the strategy of soccer at all.
Speaker 1: I try to put the ball in the back of the goal, jack anything anything else is just details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that almost never happens, sees the thing.
Speaker 1: If that happens, to focus on it, you idiot.
Speaker 2: If it's going to happen once over a ninety minute period, I don't know what to focus on the rest of the time. It's like watching soccer is like looking at a Jackson Pollock painting. For me, it's just.
Speaker 1: Number one. You got to get the ball close enough to the goal to put it in the back of the hole. That's like all the effort.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids, it's that time again.
Speaker 1: With Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Here's your hose for final fus Joe Getty, how's your spacing?
Speaker 1: Work on your spacing? All right, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. Michael Lane's low in the control room, pressing the buttons. Michael, what's your final thought? Yeah, just a great job to every dad out there working hard to raise their kids, and uh, you are very much appreciated. So have a wonderful Father's Day weekend. Here here, uh jack a final thought for us. Yeah, I wasn't gonna go this direction, but yeah, Father's Day.
Speaker 2: All it means to me is just a reminder that, yeah, I'm a father, and I can't imagine my life if I weren't. I mean, I literally cannot imagine what my life would be or why would.
Speaker 1: Get up in the morning if I want my father? That's just me personal boy. If you know everybody's dad was imperfect. It sure helps you forgive whatever shortcomings, whatever dad might have had to you realize it's harder than it looks. Oh, my god. Yeah, and kids and dads rather. I know you know this already, but my god, enjoy your kids while while they're in the house, because they will go away if you're lucky, don't know, and then they turn on you as rotten vests. Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. My son, who oddly resembles the ups Man. So many people will like you to thanks so little time. Good Armstrong a geddy dot com. Pick up some swag, drop us an oat mail bag at armstrung in Getty dot Come if you see something over the weekend we ought to be talking about.
Speaker 2: Boy, that joke goes back many, many many Oh it does. The ups Man he wasn't just delivering packages. We will see you on Monday. God bless America.
Speaker 1: When you're on the gold Fill the Time of the Friends. You know, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: The podcast to May, there's all the news you can take, all the news you can take.
Speaker 1: They call it arm Strong and Getdy on demand. Subscribe right now, and remember it's called arm Strong and Geeddy on demand Armstrong and Geddy