Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode of futt Around and find Out. I'm here with my girl as Shanti. Hey, hold on, what's that? I'm getting a call? Hello? A call? Wait? Hold on? Wait? Is that my phone? Do you hear that? I think I hear something ringing? Girl? Hello? I mean.
Speaker 2: I think you have a secret to drop to the fut Around and find out?
Speaker 1: Family? Girl? Are you ready? Do I do I have a secret?
Speaker 2: I mean only you know you've been walking around here smiling from it.
Speaker 1: Say I do have a big secret that is no longer a secret, and I'm so excited to share with everyone. I am now a part of the Jordan Brand family, officially a Jordan Brand athlete, and I couldn't be happier about it.
Speaker 2: Let's go, girl, that is so exciting. Congratulations, Thank you? Come on now, big jumping, not a little. I am excited for you. I am here to celebrate you. Let's talk all about it. So much has happened this week, girl, Billboards MSG Jordan Brand.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's endless. I don't even know where to start. Yeah, wait, where should we stir?
Speaker 2: Okay, well you just announced the biggest thing ever Jordan Brand.
Speaker 1: So I kind of want to start there. How does it feel? Amazing? It's such an honor. I really truly am so so excited everyone that's asked me about it, I'm like pulling up pictures from the shoe because I'm so and that's so unlike me, like pulling up pictures to show people. It's like I have no words. I just have to show you, and I just it's so good. I'm so excited and it's an honor. Definitely.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I had the pleasure of seeing some of those pictures girl and get looking good.
Speaker 1: So tell me what does it mean? Like what does it mean to be a Jordan athlete? Like I said, it's an honor. To even be in the same conversation as the athletes that they have signed is an honor. They have some of the best athletes signed, And to have my name next to theirs, to have my name next to this brand, next to this logo of greatness, it's like, I don't know what else to say it besides like it's an honor, it's a privilege. Like it's surreal to think that I was at the shoot and I'm like, is this like real life? Like this is a pintree moment, I can't believe this is real? So why did you choose Jordan brand? I chose Jordan because I felt like what their brand stands for. It kind of aligns with the person and player that I'm trying to be on and off the court. The way that they just like they strive for greatness and everything they do, and I love that. And the people that are part of the brand, not just the athletes that they have signed, but the people behind the scenes that you don't necessarily see if they're amazing, and I just felt that connection with them, and in those meetings leading up to it, it felt like it felt like a family, and that's I love people. I love relationships, and it just felt like home.
Speaker 2: Oh and I felt like home. Listen, you're among You're amongst the greats. You have a lot going on right now in your career. You guys are moving on to the Big East Tournament. So let's definitely get into those looks. You looked amazing. Let's talk about I saw one you were wearing, like a black and white set.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that one, all right, Let's talk about it. That was the first one that I wore, and it was like a scored like a little that's what's called right with the shorts on and neth a little scored action with a little slit in the side. And then see the top was like layered. They were both crop zip ups and the bottom one was white, the top one was black. And I don't even know how much to describe it. It was like a like a double I don't know. It was really cute.
Speaker 2: Though, Yes, given Fashionissa is given performance and can give the walk the runway.
Speaker 1: Love it very much. It was giving like that crossover of like sporty but stylish. Yes, look too, Look too was a little bit more traditional. And the color shorts and a T shirt that would you call it TiO yes, teal one of those two you get the point that sea foam green, whatever you want to get it was. I love that one. It was really pretty. That was cute, and I like the color, the shirt, the shoes, all of that beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, you look good, you look confident. And then my personal favorite, m M, the brown look.
Speaker 1: Yes, wait, I love this one. I mean obviously I have like swimmer. I took mirror selfies in it. I never take a mirror selfie by myself, and I was feeling myself, so I took some, but the brown one was cute. I had a little white sports for underneath, and then the brown it was like a sleeve us jacket. It was like a vest. What do you call it, Yeah, like a little vest. I was like a vest, but the inside was fuzzy, furry, fuzzy, warm comorn and it was brown. The cargoes were comfy, and I had on Jordan fors So I had on the little vest, the crop, the cargoes, the fours, and then I had on this Jordan necklace. It was it was like everything was just perfect, like the details were detailing, the fit was fitting. It was I even know they did jewelry. They had you.
Speaker 2: Jordan had it, so honey, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was something.
Speaker 2: And then went nevermind, just yeah, okay, let's get into the glam sis.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've ever seen you with some extensions. I think that's probably because I've never had extensions.
Speaker 2: Ooh, so that was your first time. Why'd you guys choose adding a little length. I think we're just going for a different look. We wanted this shoot to be special and like really just pop and be different and amazing and that's exactly what everyone. Jordan came with the fits, stylis, Sydney came with fitting the fits, and then hair and makeup. Claire and Haley did their big one with the hair, the makeup. The little wing I had was so cute and you I loved my hair. I don't know, it was so cool. I felt like that girl and.
Speaker 1: You are that girl. Okay. And the nails, do not forget Miss Sarah Kane Old did not hush. Oh my goodness, no, the nails. Whenever Sarah's on set and she makes nails, it's it's like the perfect cherry on top, like everything's perfect, and then you get the nails and it's like boom boom. Talk about them. Describe the nails, Okay, the nails. Sarah made a Jordan set and so the nails were like white with silver and gems, like a little bit of three D to it, the three D touch. She made a couple of the nails try to like give resemble a basketball and a little sense like with the lines on it. And then the two middle fingernails. One was the jumpman logo with a red gem as a basketball, which I loved, and then the other one was twenty three and it was like, can we can we have a picture here because.
Speaker 2: We have you high iconic. You have to see there. They are so good, Sarah, you always do a big one.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. It's so impressive. I don't know how she does it so perfectly. So overall, how did the shoot feel? Surreal? Insane? Like? This was definitely and I've had some great shoots that I've loved, but this was definitely my favorite by far that I've ever done. Well makes sense because you look like you belong there. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So let's pivot. Let's talk about this roster you're joining. You touched on it a little bit earlier. I mean the Jordan family has tough great so you got Fee, you got Gabby, you got Stufh, you got Ryan. I mean they're stacked and then they have you, and I feel like it's given complete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't forget they have Sarah Strong. That's giving complete, that's complete period.
Speaker 2: That's kind of think about and were joining and going to leave a huge legacy.
Speaker 1: How does that fe I mean, like I said before, just to be a part of this roster of athletes that they have, like that speaks volumes to put my name next to theirs. They are all incredible and super talented and people that I women that I look up to, even Sarah, I look up to her, and just to who they are. I think it's also like men to talk about is how incredible they are on the court, but also the people they are off the court. It's like, I don't know, there's I don't know, I don't know. I'm just so excited. I'm so excited. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know what, you know what else they all have in common. They were all on the pod.
Speaker 1: It gives dropping My god, we manifest this. It's give dropping bread comes to this moment. We literally manifested this shanty. iHeart thank you guys. Hi key. I mean except for the Ryan the Yukon to Jordan pipeline. Yeah, no, that's insane. It's eating down. That's actually crazy.
Speaker 2: So we're heading into tournament time and we talk about Jordan brand you have to talk about the one and only Michael Jordan's duh. His breakout moment was his freshman year at UNC and it was a national championship game and he hit that go ahead shot against Georgetown with fifteen seconds left.
Speaker 1: That was his first like, oh, he's different moment.
Speaker 2: And then we've got the Georgetown connection, which is even wilder. MJ hits the shot against Georgetown. Your mama, miss Katie, played at Georgetown, and she's literally being honored this weekend at the Big East Tournament by George.
Speaker 1: Now she is. I'm so proud of her. I know, how does that feel? Have you talked to her about it? We talked a little bit about it right when she had found out about it. We haven't talked about it since, but I do want to ask, Like, she doesn't love being the spotlight, so I want to ask how she feels with this coming up. I know the spotlight is going to be on her, which she deserves all of that recognition attention because she was a phenomenal player. And I just think it's insane, Like it's so crazy to think that my mom was good at basketball. I don't, but it's like crazy to I don't know that she's like a legend. That's my mom. You know, you're literally her legacy. I know it's still weird, but it's so like, I'm so proud of her, and so it's amazing to see her get those flowers and that attention, that recognition, and I can't wait to celebrate her, even though she and George sewns though, we'll forget her because it's Jordan.
Speaker 2: You know what, absolutely and you know Jordan, for him, that was his freshman year when he hit that shot against Georgetown and it was like his breakout.
Speaker 1: Like after that, he was on the map. And it kind of.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of this new Jordan Brand family girl le who last year, coming back from injury, became the MOP.
Speaker 1: Do you see the parallels? Do you see what I'm seeing?
Speaker 2: I guess, okay, very humble, I'm just gonna listen. I'm gonna claim it. I see the parallels. And I mean, I feel like your last year Final four run shift to your trajectory. You were injured, you came back, you won the MOP. I feel like all of this prepared you to step into greatness, especially with Jordan Brand. Did something happen for you that like changed maybe your mindset, the way you approach this game, and maybe the way you approached like going for number two.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think winning a championship, I've definitely seen like a difference and confidence and you know, just feeling more like settled and sure and all those things. But I think the biggest thing for me last year was like my mindset going into the tournament a guy that last all of last year was like a growing point for me. I learned so much coming back and it was challenged and whatever, but I feel like just winning and being a part of that team, I learned so much and at that end, being a part of a team that played so like we were literally in flow state playing, but like being that confident having teammates that are that confident in you back.
Speaker 2: I have some receipts. Oh for the people, because mister you have been Jordan. Now we gonna roll the footage. But for those who are just listening, Asy when she was very little was with her brothers John and Jose dancing around Asy's wearing her Jordan's sures. You remember that, so scared what I'm wearing in what I look like in this video because my hair.
Speaker 1: Was never done. I'm like, actually scared, Na, girl, you are too cute.
Speaker 2: You know what we all have that time where we would look in a little young You know what I'm saying, hello, you know before we found ourselves.
Speaker 1: But you've been repping Jordan.
Speaker 2: You had your Jordan shorts you had on Uh, you were dancing around having to get I think it was gongin style, gambling style.
Speaker 1: Oh did you hear that? I just started playing it. That's I'm wearing Jordan in this. Yes you are, girl, Look at the shorts. Peep the shorts. There were a couple of Jordan fits I had that I wore on repeat when I was younger.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's talk about it. So you had the Jordan shorts for one of them. There's another one that I absolutely.
Speaker 1: Oh found this photo.
Speaker 2: Oh for the listeners homegirl is wearing heels with a Jordan's shirt.
Speaker 1: I mean you were fabulous.
Speaker 2: You were putting together the performance and runway like you did for your shoe.
Speaker 1: I feel like it some real full circle moment. We should have done this. Look at the shot. I'm not gonna lie crop the shirt a little bit. This could have eate Come on here. Oh my gosh, it's used me one of my favorite things to do. We used to live across the street from like a DSW or something, and I would just go try shoes on. But this was definitely post workout. Had my smoothie back there and I'm like, what am I? Why? Like, why have my hand on my hip? Like the Oh my god, cause you've been that girl. I used to wear this shirt all the time. No, like the matching shirt and shorts. Yes, you were too cute.
Speaker 2: And honestly, it makes sense why this ALIGNE, it's not just business.
Speaker 1: I haven't wait. Yeah, I wish I darn it. I wish my mom would have said this other pictures. E. There was like a blue shirt I had with like pink and purple. Put the Jordan logo with these gray shorts with blue and pink on that side. I see the fact that I remember this outfit shows how much I wore.
Speaker 2: And it shows that you've been down since you was little. This is crazy, I forgot. That's insane.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 2: We need those pictures, we knew all of them, and we need to drop it for everybody. No, no one needs to see these. Listen, the receists don't lie. Oh man, Asy, what would little Asy say about.
Speaker 1: You signing with Jordan Brand? I think little Asy would probably be just as excited as I am now, probably a little shocked and confused on why and how that was even possible, Because I feel like when I was younger, I just like I was just having fun, Like all that other stuff was just like way over my head. But I think I, I mean, you saw the way I was rocking those Jordan T's and shorts, so I think you would have been so excited to get so many more cute basketball workout outfits.
Speaker 2: So yes, I'm really excited about you and Jordia Brandt, and I can't wait to see what's to come.
Speaker 1: I am also so excited if you couldn't tugs, I've said the word excited about seven hundred times today. But yeah, and speaking on what's to come, there is something that I can kind of mention coming soon. And there's a little, a little something something in the works with me and Sarah Strong and Jordan brand I think coming selection Sunday. So pop your eyes out, like be ready, Yes, rapping gems to the family. We love it. What a great day. It's a great day. What a great day to be part of the Jordan fam.
Speaker 2: You know. So you've had quite a week girl, msg billboards, your brother's birthday. It was really nice seeing you in New York. Even know what's to start. Let's start with that billboard? How did it feel to see your face on thirty fourth Street like everywhere.
Speaker 1: That was crazy. I thought my family group chat was blowing up about it, and then I didn't see it until we were on our way to the game and we drove past it and KK scream just like azy too, and I'm like, what the And then in the back it's like Asy in New York City with her stomach out, how scandalous and they're dying laughing. But that was crazy because I had known, but I didn't know how big it was gonna be, and so almost like a jump scared seeing my face huge, it was incredible. I mean, what is this now?
Speaker 2: Number three girls and in New York City. I'm just so proud, girl, you really represent out here. Oh no, it is really crazy. It's insane and all that happening right before playing at MSG. One of the most legendary places is in New York City, the home of my New York Knicks and my you know, my other New York teams.
Speaker 1: How did it feel to be playing in that arena? That was super cool. I've only ever been there for Big East Media days. I've never been to a game there, so to have that be my first experience was so fun. And also we were I think it was before the game coaches, like, you know, a few hours ago, Wemby and Steph were sitting in those seats and I'm like, hold on, like, let me right, let me get to that. Do do It didn't really, it didn't work well for me, but I so that was goan to know, like they had just played in that game or in that arena and there were a few hours later, so that was that was the point of that. I was like, wait a second, I was just watching that before the game. You stay amongst the greats. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, And your brother's birthday passed this past weekend. Did you guys do anything to celebrate? Did you get a chance to hang with them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So he was actually with me on his birthday, so we had practiced that day so didn't spend the morning together. But then we played a bunch of video games later that night and we went to dinner as a family, which was really nice. And then this past weekend. And then this past weekend, I had a pretty cool shoot and they surprised him with the birthday cake at the end, so felt got to sing to him, which is really sweet. Oh. I love that.
Speaker 2: I was really happy I got a chance to see your brother as well, and your family went to dinner, and then he also got like a little surprise like cake at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, shout out to happy birthday. Yeah, that was happy birthday. We haven't spent one of his birthdays together in a few years, so it was fun just to celebrate him a little. I love that.
Speaker 2: This weekend was actually packed full of basketball, so you had the game at MSG and the next day we were at Unrivaled. Can we talk about the pop out? Can we get into Waits?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sydney page she always does, but the fur coat really brought it over the edge on this one. I felt like, oh, did police told me I looked like Cookie her? No crazy? Cookie is I don't know, like she's a little crazy a cop And she was like, no, no, no, it is she was. And I'm like, okay, I like I could see it.
Speaker 2: Miss Cookie is a boss Cookies from the show Empire. Oh yeah, sorry, She's definitely definitely a boss. So that was a compliment for sure. And actually, now that I think about it, it definitely gave Cookie because when she enters the place, she owns the room, and that's definitely what you were doing.
Speaker 1: See, I was thinking more like her. I think like the hair and the glasses was giving her. Actually I do see that, especially with her the hair h e r. Yes, both.
Speaker 2: Actually he was giving her and her Okay, sit in court side with your coat.
Speaker 1: Oh so the coat was super cute and definitely that was like its own fit right there. And then what I had underneath I also loved. It was from a brand called Subie. It was like a crop collar shirt that was super cute. My pants were cute, my heels good thing. I just got my dogs on with Grandma or else that would have been. I love my outfit so much. It looks good, and they were loving you. You came across the jumbo tron. Man, the fans were going crazy.
Speaker 2: It was deafening in there, but yeah, you definitely popped out.
Speaker 1: It was getting cute. Thank you. All right, Well that is a wrap on today's episode. Thank you guys so much for tuning in and watching and listening today. Don't forget to rate, review and subscribe, to fight around and find out wherever you get your podcasts. We will see you next week. It's a production of iHeart Women, Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Katz, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephen Curry. Co executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costcarelli, Grace Ughs and Mackenzie Fitzpatcher, and co producers are Kurt Redmand, Maya Howard and Jacquelin Schoeninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Coscarelli and hosted by me Aisy Fudd and Ashaunty Plummer