Speaker 1: And welcome tonight Cap take Over Week two. It's a real Tea Stead take Over. I am your host, Tron Armstead, joined by a living legend, an active legend, the all time sack leader in New Orleans Saints history, A true iron man. This guy has over two hundred starts over a hun. He has one hundred and two eight and a have in three quarters sacks. Brother, none other than the future Hall of Famer Cam Jordan.
Speaker 2: I appreciate putting that stak on her. You get me seven extra sacks, bro, I'm only one hundred twenty one and a half deep, you know, but it's in one hundred twenties. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Twenty one sacks is insane, and.
Speaker 2: Hey, God is good. Something like forty nine different quarterbacks on twenty one sacks. You know, there's like there's like another five and a half the playoffs, but like that's that don't count. I legend like Matt Royn twenty three, Michael Jordan type number. You know what I'm saying, two three.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna we're gonna get into We're gonna get into some situations tonight. I want I want the viewers to understand the level of petty cam Jordan, like the limbs that he go to beat petty and the way that he prepares to be petty. Why do you know exactly how many times you've sacked that one person?
Speaker 2: Well, and because it's it's it's not just like a franchise record or like because you know, I do hate the Falcons the way that I hate them. But two like you know, articles have came out there's there's in the hall, in the Hall of Fame. They'll be like, damn, there's one defensive player is sacked one quarterback the most times out of anybody in the hundred and what eight years of NFL history. It's me and Matt Ryan. Really, yo, that's why it's historic. That's legendary.
Speaker 1: You should know that you you're right, you're right. You should know.
Speaker 2: If do you have like a stat of like how many times you pancake one particular guy if you look at the league like, oh, when I line up against him, that's that's food. Like whether you know it's a non descript defensive man because he every time he touched the field, he like his claes bell tied or hesponsored by DTAs you know, you know he ain't coming.
Speaker 1: Off the edge like that. I feel you should. You should know that number. That is history. So the most times one defensive player has sacked one quarterback, it's twenty three. That's Cam Jordan, second matt Ron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think second Charlotte was somewhere in like the teens. Like you know, I think it's like Aaron Donald and Russ or somebody and von Miller and Philip Rivers. But then the teens we left that and they might be they might be underaged with what they say. You know what I'm saying. I'm legal in this thing. We're catching drinks with that thing.
Speaker 1: And as a as a mutual Falcons hater, I love that. I love that. That is. That is great to know. Crazy part I didn't even finish the intro. I didn't. I'll get back to the intro. But crazy part about this whole Falcons Saints thing is we both know the GM Terry find them very well. So what makes it for me? It makes it look harder to hate them so publicly, even though I still do it. I fight that, But for you, does it change at all? No?
Speaker 2: No, It's my Terry is my dog to this day. It's not like me being a Laker hater, like I got nothing but love for Terry Founton know, but he left. It's like David on your mother, and you know, David on your mind.
Speaker 1: Is my dog bigh come on now, come on.
Speaker 2: Hey nellys, like these are my dogs. But when you go put on that trash, that trash color. I ain't never sat with red anyway, you know what I'm saying. Like my high school, back in my high school days, our rival high school was this weird ass maroon. You know, I go to college, it's that ugly ass whatever whatever Stanford is. You know what I'm saying, it's it's a pathetic scarlet, you know, whatever color they want to put out there with the dancing tree. So we go to the Saints and it's it's it's a it's a want to be blood red. But the only one preepople bleed bleeding is a Falcons. Like it's crazy. I'm with you, so like red is just not my color. It's not meant to be.
Speaker 1: No no, no blood for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless unlet's take go to to like one day, allegedly that man said he gonna get drafted. He going to the NFL and I'm not saying on business over over my hate. Like you know, if he just if he get drafted by the Falcons, that's what will be.
Speaker 1: All right, all right? I want I wanted to know how how deep does that hatred go? Like how far down that? Because if tank lineup in the Falcons uniform, yeah you're a Falcon.
Speaker 2: Like if you get drafted there, like high drafted there. Yeah, if we low drafted there, we may be able to finess some things to get him out of here. He has to do a bed real quick, but we get him out of there.
Speaker 1: No, no, you can't. You're gonna have to be a Falcon. You got to get a falcon tattoo.
Speaker 2: Oh boss, Look, the only longly tattoo I got is a wife. You know, wedding ring is only one.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I know you are, but it's just it's part of it. It's part of it. You gotta do it.
Speaker 2: That's your story. No, don't put that on me, brother. I got one tattoo. It's I've been married for seven years yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm getting it. I'm getting it. If my son never gets drafted NFL, I'm getting Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shoot, you gotta put you got to put truth on there too, like truth by via. You know what I'm saying. Hey, look, one day when I get more tattoos, yeah, I might, I might add that to the story and I get the legacy.
Speaker 1: Were low key getting little too old for tattoos? I think.
Speaker 2: Key, I'm thirty five, cousin. Ain't no low key the high key.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: But what they gotta do, I might. I might do it anyways because I can't be stopped. Now, what can they do?
Speaker 1: Camp Jay gonna do what Camp Jay want to do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: His intro my good brother, Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my bad is at the start of your intro our politics.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Night Camp. Take off, All right now, I don't have to go that far, but I'm here with my co host, legendary future Hall of Famer Camp Jordan. Later will be joined by our little brother, Sees Caesar Ruiz. He's the right guard for the New Orleans Saints. And make sure you please subscribe. Like night Cap show, filling in for Shannon Sharp and o Jo Sinko and o Jo, they are doing whatever they're doing on their in their respected places vacation or whatever. Thought. Some prayers up to Io Joe Joe Johnson. I'm still not sure of the magnitude of his injury he suffered yesterday and why he wasn't able to be on Nightcap, but definitely thinking about Isho Joe that he got to, you know, hope it's not too serious so he can still call that call out Io and Bank Bank, whoever want to bank, whoever want to walk up Bank Bank, You know what I mean, Io Joe. So definitely looking out for those guys holding it down here at Nightcap. Kim j we had I'm talking about my Dolphins. If you don't mind, yn't talk crazy brother, Okay, what you mean?
Speaker 2: I like the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Okay, we had to walk Hey, yesterday we had Jalen Ramsey, John Old Smith for for Minka Fitzpatrick in the fifth round pick.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh wait it was it was John O.
Speaker 1: Two Jayalen Ramsey, John No Smith in the seventh round pick.
Speaker 2: Noways talked about that later, said Jalen from making I thought it was ahead of deal. That's a die.
Speaker 1: No John Knew.
Speaker 2: Got a young gun. Yeah he nice. He up and coming. I don't know how many years you could say somebody's up and coming, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he's coming off a career year. For sure. It was incredible last year. He was the offensive MVP or the MVP of the whole team if you if you ask me for the Dolphins. So I think is I think he found with his display of what he did last year, he's going to be a focal point in any offense. Like you see what he can do. He's a running back once he gets the ball in his hands, he's he's very hard tackle. So John was a beast. Losing him hurt. You lose Jalen Ramsey for making Fitzpatrick. You can justify that, especially because Ramsey was publicly unhappy, like he wanted to get out of there. So you get back and all all world safety arguably the best in the league, you know, but losing that added component of John neu Smith that does hurt. It does hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you say that, but then you know you had a he had a former NFL player via rapper to you know, un retire. He released he released the track in front of Allegian Stadium and it was like, you know what, going back to football.
Speaker 1: I see I didn't even get to that part yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, so you lose, you lose the one, you bring one back, you know, right.
Speaker 1: So I think, as I said, John neu Smith is is a loss from everything that he'd done done last year. You look at the roster before today, and that is a that is a void. We don't really have a tight end on the roster that can do what John Smith does for an offense until today happens. Darren Waller comes out of retirement and it's traded to the Miami Dolphins. How do you feel about the trade from yesterday now that this new development has happened, He.
Speaker 2: One out one in Huh, that's that's a I mean, I don't think he could replace a young guy like John new Smith. And again, what do you have like eight eight hundred yards nine yards this last year? I don't think that a thousand is a hard mark for a tight end. I'm not gonna knock him down, but I'm not saying it was. It was. It was eye opening. It wasn't it was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, bro now probably had a thousand last year. I'm not. I'm not exactly sure. I got we got I gotta fact.
Speaker 2: Check, you know, I can do this. I gotta I got a phone don't worry about it. He's under eight hundred and eighty four yards eight tundies fifty two yards a game rounded up, it's not nine hundred. But hey, hey that's solid. That's solid. That's so it's hard to get a thousand yards. Everybody look at a tight end, be like, oh, if he's not a thousand, yell no, this is not a wide receiver. That's not He's only a bility like he gotta he gotta, he gotta be a b month for about ten twelve players out the game to a tighten, to a to a you know ed Russier or defense vendas putting hands on him, he gets the cuss put on him. He gotta. He looked, got to look up at the stands say I'm gonna get him back next to our mama.
Speaker 1: Not new he knew ain't getting them. He ain't getting m.
Speaker 2: A l l apostrey him.
Speaker 1: Hold on, all right, Karon Waller, I retired. Yeah, I've traded thirty two year old tight end for a conditional seventh round twenty twenty seven seventh round pick and also a twenty twenty six sixth round pick. Waller comes out of retirement on a one year deal up to five million dollars to fill the void that was this the departure of John new Smith. So very minimal, in my opinion, compensation that the Dolphins had to give away very minimal for the Giants is just giving them free picks because Darren Waller was retired anyway, So win on both sides, and I think the big winner, I really do. I think the big winners Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: I thought you was gonna say Steelers because they came up with a with a bust this offseason. They're picking up everybody, anybody who around they like them, they don't picked them up. Oh we want to be Oh wena shipped off youngin All right, let's go get DK Metcalf. Oh we we got a bet safety. You know what, we'll take this that corner right here, if we were about to do something, give us Darius Slag. I don't know who they ain't picked up at this point, Oh quarterback huh oh no, we like you, we won't you. Let's make this happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very untraditional Steelers off season for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes and no. You know, the Steelers by tradition love their veterans.
Speaker 1: Facts, they love they love.
Speaker 2: A good veteran leadership corps and that's what that like. They're not they're not going for the untested. George Piggins was just about to be a veteran, was like, you know what, we'll take this this ultra vet dk Metcalf. We know we can get twelve hundred yard out of him.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. That's a fact. I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you could, Yeah, you can say the Dolphins, but like l like like them.
Speaker 1: It's my reason, okay, and this is a bit of insight, you know what I mean. Dolphins for the last three years, so we know that the talent of Darren Waller is in questioned. We know what he can do as a at that tight end position. He's he's a huge target for Tour's physical he's explosive after he catches the ball. So he got home run ability paired with married with Tarreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Devon ah Chan like the weapons outside of him. So his one on one opportunities just skyrocketed.
Speaker 2: But the reason, hey, Devon ah Chan, explain who that is real quick? Don't do that, bro, don't no, No, that's that's that's a receiver. I'm saying, like what's this? What's this? How many years in the league. I don't I don't know him, so I'm asking that. It's not a don't do that. I haven't met him yet.
Speaker 1: I played. We haven't played the Saints since I've been gone, and y'all like to but hey, that.
Speaker 2: Was when I sacked Jacobett and too in the same game.
Speaker 1: I was on your team, brother, We was teammates, so it.
Speaker 2: Was it was Kobe. We was missing half the team.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. That's a fact. But I wasn't blocking for them at that time.
Speaker 2: So even if he was, I'd never go against you. Anyways. I'm not going on the right side. I'll be right down the left unless you start mauling our defensive end and then I got to go start playing, you know. Oh, okay, so it's a problem. Let me let me go over there.
Speaker 1: It's all right. It's problem Devon. You don't know him because yet he's the running back. He is the Marshall fall the album Kamara. He's Christian McCaffrey's style running back. He's had over he broke the NFL record for yards preak carry.
Speaker 2: As he's about forty three. Huh, I'm looking at this picture. That's that's that's a grown man. Okay, that's he's lived a couple of lives.
Speaker 1: Continued, Oh bro, bro, he got yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, you you look, you look from the pictures that I'm looking at. Just a quick little little snippets. You know what I'm saying. Like if you say yeah, grown man, grown man, then it said twenty three, I think it meant thirty five.
Speaker 1: The boy, the boy in his second year, he just went his second year in the league. His son like years old, so he is a grown man.
Speaker 2: He didn't. I told you a live he had a live, a whole life.
Speaker 1: Okay, son the son ain't that oh probably like five.
Speaker 2: But oh sure, you know thing happened. Look I don't. I don't have teammates that definitely hit the league and then had grown and grown men by then they left My dog, you know, Tyson O Lulu, his son, his son Ray. I think as he was leaving, was was that temple or something like that? You remember Jared McCoy. J McCoy had a going Oklahoma right on his way out.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: That's dope as hell. Hey, if I can, if I could run it back without the repercussions of my mama, probably them slapping the hell out of me. I would have loved to have been, like, you know, in the league with the little little man like Tank. Now, like think about them. If Tank was like ten, I don't know how to do this. I was like, I was like eighteen nineteen when I had them. He'd been like seventeen right now, you know how five I would be. She was like, that's my dog. It is not my son, that's my dog.
Speaker 1: So I get you. I get firsteen this year. So yeah, pray for me, please.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But they say them trap babies. Real, I know what you was doing? What out there breathing?
Speaker 1: Just sime on now breathe aeans.
Speaker 2: They're on. They specialized on the one two. I don't see. Look, I don't seen the baby girl's legs. Seeny way she took off. That's a four and a eight.
Speaker 1: We were on that court, man, we hooping. We hooping more than anything. We on that. We on that court, that WNBA all that, like yeah, yeah, we see the vision. We right there with him.
Speaker 2: Dang, I assume let me get back to my I'm over here, deviating. That's on me. I'm sorry. Go ahead, I won't deviate no more.
Speaker 1: So Devon Aton. Yeah, that's in the league dual threat. He's fired. So you pairing Dr Darren Waller, you putting him into that situation, huge target that Toua has not had. But the the key behind this acquisition isn't that Darren Waller retired from the NFL because he fell out of love with the game. And and Darren is a He's a player that is extremely passionate. He's been through a lot and football wasn't fun for him because of his environment, like who was the and not his teammates or anything like that. He just didn't find the love in the game. He didn't have the support system that he felt he needed to continue playing or playing at the level that he's accustom to play. Yeah. The difference here Darren Waller's best years, it's like a four year stretch where he was a top three tight end in the league. His tight ends coach was Frank Smith. Frank Smith is the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins. Darren Wallers has has been matched again with the one person who knows him best in the world of football, that knows what motivates and what drives him his his focal points. I think that cannot be minimized. That if you can add the Darren Waller who's in love with the game, the all pro talent to this Miami Dolphins offense. Ultimately, and it's to be seen, the Dolphins win the trade.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, way to fight back for your Dolphins again. I love it. If you like it, I love it because guess what they are.
Speaker 1: If they are black and.
Speaker 2: Goal and they then in the NFC, I don't really care, although maybe I do. I don't know, but the new playoff rules is different, so maybe I do care. Now I don't. I haven't even paid attention yet.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta AFC, NFC. You don't got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still trying to. I said, we got new playoff rules. I'm sure I'll get around to it now. Now, you don't want to just win the division, you want to win everything or something like that. Them, we're gonna have to planing before the playing like the NBA soon, Like it's cool, that's cool. It's gonna rep people's bodies. We're gonna be twenty We're gonna be twenty three games deep in the next five years. Right, A regular season, John's not even Oh they don't care about our bodies and that's fine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a fact. Twenty three games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the players do it to themselves. They but then Tony bro saying they took the money. They take the money every time. Owners know, every time the CBA pop up, it's gonna be it's gonna be eighty percent of us be like no, hell no, hey, oh no, we ain't standing for this. And as soon as the CB ain't really come through, it's gonna be thirty five percent of quarterbacks. They be like, so, anyways, we're gonna take this. Can we get Yeah, we're gonna take this. Every time, it's gonna be it's gonna be some marquee guys like, hell no, we're not doing that. And on the on the table they'll be like, yeah, so we gonna take that deal.
Speaker 1: They know what they know what they be doing with that CBA, that that ten year contract that most of us don't rock with. But they just give you a little bit. Let you let's let them smogle little more wig, you know, let's raise that marijuana level.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, can't give oh, can't give more percentage points. But you know what we can't do raise up this camp. How much you like that, you like to leave minimum more. Okay, you ain't getting this. You ain't getting a bigger piece of the pie. You just getting get more topics.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: And we fall for it every time. And I'm just sitting there, sitting there like, yeah, we dummies love that for us. And at the same time, look, we can't even complain because the baby violins. The moment you enter the league. Even if you're a practice ball player, you were the top three percent ale of the country, you make it down in their quarter mill.
Speaker 1: Look, no at all, man, no complaints. We live a beautiful life. We play a beautiful game. No complaints.
Speaker 2: Complaints, Yeah, complaints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got my issues with y'all. Yeah, absolutely got my issues. That's all good. Thankful though, grateful, appreciate.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, thankful.
Speaker 1: I love you for real.
Speaker 2: I like I like my next generation to do better, and I like to fight for that. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I say I want better for the ones coming up neck You know what I mean. That's all man.
Speaker 2: Just think about this. Well, you remember what your rookie pay was.
Speaker 1: Rookie pay.
Speaker 2: I made Ricky pay was for something five. My rookie pay was three sixty five. I had a thousand dollars for every day of the year. And I said, look at God, I said, any bon't he do.
Speaker 1: It after after tax? We got it miles. Yeah, yeah, taxes that four five two fifteen. Yeah, oh yeah, I'm saying taxes, So that that four o five was two fifteen. Don't see. You don't see nothing more than that. I had to grab me a crisis three hundred. So that's thirty five grand out the dough. Give me an apartment, you know what I mean. That's another thirty grand for the year.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and yeah, you still have stuff left over. That's what I'm saying. But now what's Rocky minimum? Now it's Darney show than nine. It's like it's like, yeah, it's beautiful. And that's why we we suck because we fall for whatever.
Speaker 1: Talking about CBA, right right, that's what young boys too. They're making too much money. Can't tell them, young boy, nothing, can't tell them ship I am different, and I hey.
Speaker 2: Hey my daddy, my daddy first pay check with thirty five thousand Steve nineteen eighty two, that boy got drafted to the Minnesota bikers got that thirty It was like thirty thirty three, five thirty five something. I said, Lord.
Speaker 1: With that thirty five, rag man, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. He was like, I'm about to go buy a porch and saw Porsche was like thirty two. It was like never man, mall holler later. But should we look That's what I'm saying. We got small violins compared to with the beginning, because you imagine playing this game and still having to go get a job in the off season. Ain't no way.
Speaker 1: You know my story at Pine Bluff bro. You know it was what was going through it being during the summers and try to get to get the camp practice. Hey, getting off the clock. So yeah, you know, hey, I was. I was.
Speaker 2: I was out there being a bouncer in the off season and there ain't season. I was a peer advisor. I'm putting a tie on. Hey, kids, come on, let me show you where the classes are. Hey, hey, you need to get the club. I got a wind you down player to run throwing on my throwing on my Darren Waller boye because you know, my shit too high for for to be a balancer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably want secure nothing anyway, letting anybody secured that tall tea's on. You ain't let nobody down, oh man, letting everybody in.
Speaker 2: Don't ain't no black boy's energy. I need a good night, you know what I'm saying. That's all me. But I was never I'm never doing man. I'm never doing man. I was always I was the middle of dance floor. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm secured, secured anyway. But now they got the n I L and they out there hitting legs. I'll be over there getting excited for him. I'll be like money. Seven seven schools and seven years. They got no loyalty.
Speaker 1: Now, Uh shoot, I'm in the league with a whole resume.
Speaker 2: Resume living rezumi them boys. Hey my quarterback. We just drafted, Charlie shop been about seventeen schools. You know, he coming into twenty five years old, whole lot of confidence.
Speaker 1: His name sound old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here Eddier airs on the boy. You know what I'm saying. He's a girl man for for a monster shut down.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, easy, yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, he already twenty five. I think are the oldest quarterback on the roster. It's like him. Then I think Jake hater and then Spencer Rattler. That's year one, two three. Make that makes sense. Man, we got young buss Yeah, we got young boys. Talk.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little offense. Man. We just we just touched about the Dolphins offense, the acquisition all of let's let's talk a little offense. NFL top ten offense in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: If the same thing in there, I don't want to talk about it. Oh that means we ain't in there. That look alone, let me know he wasn't in there. That's called blooded. That's going crazy.
Speaker 1: It ain't no point of doing that. It's not crazy, all right, Yeah I do. I'm the same for that. They're not on this list. They're not on the top.
Speaker 2: Crazy, all right, give me, give me, don't talk, don't talk, give me, give me ten first. We'll work away after one because I'm not I'm not here for this madness.
Speaker 1: For the Saints offense.
Speaker 2: You wait till you wait till season. Get on here. We we we're gonna coming back to this topic.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I'm pulling for the Saints every every time they line up. I am. But oh, we're gonna be honest to not Yeah, absolutely that's the preseason. I can't give them offense top top twenty preseason.
Speaker 2: Who cares about preseason?
Speaker 1: I mean, for a live bullets, we know a gonna do.
Speaker 2: We know and we know what we're Chris O Love, she's gonna do if they they stay they stay healthy. Yeah, you know it's like if if to stay.
Speaker 1: Awake, I'm gonna do that old line on ball love that love the same Hey.
Speaker 2: Hours with line real anyways, continue go go to number ten, will work out. Like I'm a I'm always gonna root for my black and gold.
Speaker 1: I know we all number ten can see cheek.
Speaker 2: Wait, excuse me? What number ten?
Speaker 1: NFL dot Com NFL dot com Top ten offenses. They just they just released this today.
Speaker 2: The guys have been to a super Bowl like four at the last six years, seven years.
Speaker 1: With you, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. If you do, that's just anything outside top five is disrespectful. On the points a loan that they have Pat.
Speaker 1: Mahome's and Travis Kelce, I agree, I agree thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's weird. Yeap number nine.
Speaker 1: Who Cincinnati Bengals, Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow. I mean that's still a little while that I don't even know. Oh and they got Ta Higgins.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're number nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'll wait, I wait. Yeah if you say Lamar Jackson next, I'm leaving this cast like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Number eight Green Bay Packers go packed goal.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: Number seven Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Jordan loves just married black. I think he just married got married. Good for him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, uh you said what number six is? Philled up Eagles?
Speaker 1: The number seven seven is the Eagles.
Speaker 2: They just want a damn super Bowl? Who made this.
Speaker 1: NFL? I don't know what riters?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the writers. Hey, the riders don't like the players. Is always gonna be forgotten, left out. Yeah, they're gonna talk crazy. They're gonna talk crazy like they know something, and we're gonna be like, oh, was he right? Was probably not? Because what does he know? The he just was at a super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Bro, Like, I'm with you, bro, chief said, did.
Speaker 2: You not just see the Jordan commercial? The love hurts clean? The managers blew out the kans City Chiefs. Brandley was defense included, but the offense was still bowing. Jayalen hurts like the a j.
Speaker 1: Yeah you vant I'm with you. Yeah, they're they're tight end.
Speaker 2: Okay, continue, that's seven.
Speaker 1: That's seven, man, all right, I think this will shock you that they're this high up number six. Never Broncos.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not that shot shot. No Champagne. Are you seeing Champagne take teams with with no receiver, just a quarterback, no tight end, figuring out a serviceable, serviceable everything is and come out with the top three offense.
Speaker 1: I'm not listen, I agree with all of everything. Champagne is oh type of hesitation or or a knock at Champagne. He has a top three offense. Reward anybody and then history. But bo Niggs going into just his second year, that's the only reason I feel like six above the Eagles, above the Bengals of the Chiefs. That's why I feel like I probably put them top ten. But six in front of the Eagles, Bengals and Chiefs, I don't, I don't, I can't. I don't really see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm already mad at the at this ke of ten and seven already, So like you know, I already know this. It's gonna be a little I'd reverse that put them they definitely could be a conversation on top ten, but at this point I don't trust this less.
Speaker 1: Anyways, continue fire, I can't wait till we get to number two. But number five detrait lion. Uh huh, fire man, I mean yeah, offense.
Speaker 2: Fire. If you say, hey, if you told me that was top five, I degree every time I think it might be a little low for top five.
Speaker 1: But yeah, right, I got you number four. Washington Commanders, we just.
Speaker 2: You just said bow Knicks was a little high with him be a rookie, and you got Jay Damson one. Now granted he they was it was knocking at the Super Duck like Super Bowl like they was knocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that was different. No that that I mean Bonnicks was very impressive in his rookie campaign. Love Jayden Daniels was different that His His campaign was different, the situations different. They just added Deebo Samuels. Yep, that's an added component tool, which I see how they got to four. Four is a little high, but I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got scary Terry over there, Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: Sure, dog, Yeah, what was the running back?
Speaker 2: Four is a little high for me? And when I say high. It's about four spots too high.
Speaker 1: Austin Eckler over there.
Speaker 2: Four is a little high, about four or four to five spots too high for me.
Speaker 1: Hansu left tackle I was standing left was.
Speaker 2: A little high for me. But you flipped them down to seven eight and we could talk.
Speaker 1: About it because that's the five number three Baltimore Ravens, the marvelous huh not lie.
Speaker 2: I expect them to be higher if you want to know truth, Like two time m v P should have been a third time MVP, which lets me know the buills is coming up. And that's fine too, all right, Yeah, we we we we are here for it. Figure he was top three scary scariest quarterback that you're gonna go face as an age player because he could beat you in the air. You want to make him a pocket pass him at the same time he'll roll out on you and then it's it's gone. I've seen I've seen some fire, I've seen some fast quarterbacks. They they ain't never been to Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's a fact. That's a fact. I'm with you on this. I thought the Ravens will be number one. I thought the Ravens I feel like the Ravens have the best offense in the league.
Speaker 2: The way the way o the way our country is built. After they for sure throwing this blue and Red team up there, but continue.
Speaker 1: This is when I say I wanted to wait two. Y'all pay attention now too. New Orleans Saints were two Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Look at them. Good for them.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought?
Speaker 2: Who would have thought? There's a lot of moxie on the team. Mike Mike Evans might be the most underrated Tier one wide receiver of all times. Eleven one thousand yards seasons. I don't think anybody but Jared Rice has put that up. And if that's if Jared Rice has done it, so insert them into your top five receivers of all time situation. I mean he got over thirteen thousand yards or some something crazy eleven seasons then, so like respect him, well, yeah, absolutely, and yet we don't talk about him enough until he won a Super Bowl. She was still eight thousand or to nine thousand yards deep and he did it with the likes of thirty five random quarterbacks over the last eight years of his career. Before Tom Brady, before Baker Mayfield, reinvented himself and making Mayfield love his mox. He love his competitive nature. I mean, as a quarterback, you love somebody who wants to be a leader, who can corral guys to their to their side. It's rare to see it. I'm okay with that. Now they're running back, but there's a there's Bucky, Bucky Irving. He's solid, big guy, solid running back. What they got?
Speaker 1: What else is this growth? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, I've always respected Tampa Bay. They're fun to beat up on. No, no, no, they're like they're like the little brothers. Like you know, like when your little brother get his first diamond chain and he like, he checked me out. Cuse he checked me out. Like That's where they're at right now. That's the error. They got a four year stretch of like hey look at me, Hey, hey, hey hey you see me? You see me? And I'm like, all right, you're doing something.
Speaker 1: No, no, now this is different. I didn't expect this reaction from you. At two two he told you.
Speaker 2: I've already told you that I don't agree with this list in general.
Speaker 1: So now it was just I didn't I didn't expect you to start showing love to some bucks.
Speaker 2: Good. It's more, it's more long lines of respect. And again I don't I'm already not respecting this list because if you have the two teams that went to a Super Bowl list last year at seven to ten respectively, I just assume you don't know.
Speaker 1: Ball, so.
Speaker 2: So now you know it's more about the list than whatever. But if they want to be on the list, I didn't, I would put them at top ten. Sure, I don't know if i'd have them top five over Lamar Jackson, I Pat Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, and I'm talking about quarterbacks alone. And then of course you're going to added MVP Josh Allen this year, and then you're going to no, you like you lined them against get Washington and and Detroit and I don't. Yeah, I put him in top ten, but you'd have to you have to make a hard argument for them to be on the back half of the top five rather than the front end. But not here argument semantics, because I already again I don't trust this ranking right now anyway, who did this? We needn't know how much football does he actually want?
Speaker 1: NFL Top ten offenses?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This this get this, this could be an intern's first first article, or it could be a super vet that's been in the game for forty years and he just forgot to turn on tape this year. He was, Hey, Hey, he was he went Mango wanted that boy. That boy was really he was him and Matt in Sleep thought, Mango man, shout out to my dog, Kevin Mango Steen who just retired, just retired this year. I done outlasted Kevin Mango, who's been the part of the Saints and the training room staff for the last forty some odd years. I did it. We did it. Joe all right, I'm sorry that was so Tampa. Tampa Bay is.
Speaker 1: Number six, but you said too number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard you. Hey, I said what I said.
Speaker 1: Six too high to me. But you you can already assume who the number one offense going into twenty twenty five. I told you that Buffalo bit Yeah, raining m VP.
Speaker 2: Josh you got Josh Allen running back? Is uh is a little brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah? James Cook?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Cook?
Speaker 1: Are they hold on fire?
Speaker 2: You know? Offs alignement off the lineman. You you love them because you're one of them. But now you're on the skinninger side, like your vision has gotten clear, like your chiefs were too heavy at the time to see what offic the line, the word and now now you got this Mike Jones head like you can see offs the linemen are just figments of reality, like they're they're there, but they're not actually like it's not impacts, you know, like they can like an office line and the hurt an offense, but one saying like, oh ship, it's because of the offense. You'd be like, oh that quarterback though, that running back though.
Speaker 1: They got options. If I ain't know you for real, I wouldn't get. But I know you for real, and I know you you've got office alignment that you really do respect what we do, living the fact that we have on.
Speaker 2: The one one out of every twenty five that might be a clip, but the one twenty five I got nothing but love for I'm like, dad here dogs like that. But it's a one out of thirty hit.
Speaker 1: You don't believe it, bro, We ain't gotta get we gotta get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, because you're yeah, I mean, there's there's there's guys that you you considered top guys, but they if they didn't have the quarterback that they had, they get exposed real quick. Now continue.
Speaker 1: We don't have to get into it.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 1: You rock with a lot of officers line when you respect that game, respect they craft and what they do, how they go about their bid.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, I respect. They gave my own respect. They craft. Your job is to get in the way for as long as you can. The job is not to technically dominate. Your job is to say, oh my god, get the battle off it.
Speaker 1: Don't make me mad.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to do. I've reached for the class, but the change I ain't gonna snatch it. But my bad fell off.
Speaker 1: The job is to lock sh it up, create lanes, open, dominate all that.
Speaker 2: You didn't even Hey, you didn't even believe that you were one of the one of the four linemen in my career that I saw actually mean that because everybody everybody like I got it. And then they fat ass get to crossing the crossing theate toes. Hey, when the peaky toes touch the feet cross, Hey, the feet crusb, piky sols touch and the hand goes on the back of the back lap.
Speaker 1: It's holden, I'm done. I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you faster than eighty five percent of the defensive as you win against.
Speaker 1: But back in the day, I was a rookie office alignment. But I'm not even gonna do that today, young man, because you you worked up right now. I see it worked there right now, and you're gonna talk bad about him regardless of what he got going on, and we're not.
Speaker 2: I will not talk bad about him. The office of lineman's big as days when nobody says his name.
Speaker 1: I hate that fights like go.
Speaker 2: Like you you grow up and you watch Brad Pitt when he was Achilles and there was you know what I'm saying, Like when Buddy Buddy about to go into his first battle, little kid was like, aren't you scared? And that's why they'll never know your name. I assume that little kid was the offensive line sort of scared. They always got bad jitters. You've seen it. Don't say they don't. A lot of officers line be biting their nail because they're always scared. They're nervous to give up something. They don't want to let their other teammates down. They got hey, bro, like I said a lot I say you, but just know I know a lot of a lot officer linemen that you know, and them boys be nervous, scared. They make up personas like they like that. They're not like that. They're not themselves. They're like the fat kids without these nickers. They really just angry little look slander. All right. I'm not sorry because I meant to have a word of it.
Speaker 1: But you know, let's listen to the NBA.
Speaker 2: But you're not even You're not even fatnimal. I see you already, bro, you got a whole like ribcage and whatnot. Like you're scared for right now? You two for you too? You two forty five right now, you two fifty to seventy. You don't drop forty forty five.
Speaker 1: I was the same. I was like three to zh two with Miami three h three.
Speaker 2: Soh soh you like you lighted up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. As you get older, you gotta get you gotta get lighter, man. It'd be harder to do what you need to do. And in my case, with all that the extensive injury history, as you will know, but you the one that don't work out, don't warm up, don't stretch, don't ninety nine years and never miss a game.
Speaker 2: Hey, these hands is meant to hurt people. Bro Like, I can't screw in the light bulb in the health. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm scared I might break something.
Speaker 1: That's that Jack is crazy. Your career casy crazy, bro Hey, think about it.
Speaker 2: I grew up, but I grew up with a dad that made me wear knee braces at defensive end in high school. And I had of twisted. I said, what so, I said, the moment I get out of this, I'm never getting taped up again. I was out of the college that made me tape. I said, Yo, that's how I put that that loose tape on here. Nah, tape makes you weak. All these braces, I don't need all that. I'd be sounding like Joe Rogan up there, just throwing out random facts.
Speaker 1: You really stood by that, like for fifteen years you have stood by that. Tape makes you weak.
Speaker 2: Hete makes you weak. Your joints start to depend on it. It's like it's like when you cut up like me and wife. He cut up for like two weeks. I get dependent on it. You go to the you go to the hotel, and that beg get empty. Maybe he's sleeping with a pillow. No, you keep on taping that moment you take that tape off, you ain't gonna get the fuck look like a big girl. At the end of the night of the section the mills, is not they coming off or the mank is gonna touch the earth?
Speaker 1: They'll be calling Nikki you at one in the morning because you can't sleep.
Speaker 2: I said that you sleep with the pillow. Hey, if I can't call my wife, who can I call?
Speaker 1: That's a fact. Oh she's gonna pick up for you too. Every time.
Speaker 2: Man, she probally answer her first ring. You need to come home. I do not need need to come home.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Uh, I'm let's go to the NBA. Come on, ruined football for the for the night.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, season gonna come back. We're gonna bring it back. I'm gonna hey for the rest of the night. I'm I'll do better. I think all offensive linemen are really, really good people. That works