Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn the stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my.
Speaker 3: Name is Nol.
Speaker 1: They call me Ben. We are joined as always with our super producer Alexis codenamed Doc Holliday Jackson. Most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It is the top of the week, which means we are getting into some news and spoiler, the news is strange. We're going to talk about artificial intelligence with no guardrails. We are going to explore a couple of updates. Oh, by the way, we were talking about this off area. Guys. Remember the Kenyan serial killer we mentioned in a previous conversation. Absolutely, Yeah, Well he escaped custody. No one knows where he is. There's that that is a bit of a downer. Yeah. The founder of Mega upload is also being extradited to the United States as we speak. It's a thing that the Western media has lost track of, and that's why we do this show before we do anything else. We have to ask, when's the last time any of us have been on a yacht team minus never?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say that I.
Speaker 1: Haven't either officially or legally.
Speaker 4: A sloop, perhaps a cruisia, a schooner, a cruise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 4: You know what, I've never been on a cruise ship either. Guys, I've never taken a cruise. So my nautical experience probably pales in comparison to ls.
Speaker 2: Try the cigar bar. It was my favorite place to be on a giant ship in the ocean.
Speaker 3: Really, is that where all the interesting characters hang out?
Speaker 2: Actually? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, duly noted.
Speaker 1: And speaking of segues, we'll be right back with some more news about yachts.
Speaker 2: And we've returned. And now that we know, we all we all have microplastics all in our body, all in our major organs, and now in our brains. Apparently, let's look into a story that happened in June. This tale begins after a lengthy court battle that has lasted for years and years and years, and it culminated in June on June sixth, a Thursday, when Mike Lynch, who according to AP News, was once hailed as Britain's King of Technology was cleared of charges. These charges basically alleged that he and a couple other at least one other co conspirator, and a few other human beings orchestrated a huge conspiracy, an actual capital well a lowercase C conspiracy.
Speaker 3: I mean it would be a capital if that was the first word in the sentence.
Speaker 2: It's true, It's very true.
Speaker 3: It's very true.
Speaker 1: You'll love to hear it. You'll love to hear the sea word.
Speaker 2: That's right, the sea word. An actual facts conspiracy when they were committing fraud during an eleven billion dollar sale that's eleven b billion dollar sale of their company to Hewlett Packard that we all know as HP. The courts handed down a big old not guilty verdict on all accounts that this person, Mike Lynch, the King of Technology, was facing. This is a federal court in SCA, San Francisco. It was an eleven week trial and it is a huge deal because not the trial itself, it's only eleven weeks, but the accusations that Mike Lynch and others had faced that they defrauded Hewlett Packard when they sold their company that was known as Autonomy. By the way, it's a company I had never heard of before reading the story, but apparently it was as big as a Microsoft back in the day in Britain. And just jumping to an AP News article that you can look up right now. It is titled British tech magnate Mike Lynch acquitted of fraud charges in eleven billion dollar deal with Hewlett Packard and the sale of this Autonomy outfit, this huge, you know, a software company that Mike Lynch created. He was the CEO, He was the guy who founded the whole thing. It was sold in twenty eleven to Hewlett Packard and mister Lynch guys, he made eight hundred million dollars when he sold the company on purpose, on purpose, just like that. You go through all of these board meetings or whatever whatever you gotta do to sell a company like that. You know, you sell all the big wigs in their suits on the stuff, and then you walk away and you've got a check for eight hundred million dollars. You got to imagine even if that sale, in that whole transaction is above board, everybody's happy with it. Hewlett Packard feels like they got exactly what they wanted, they got their money's worth. I don't know. I gotta imagine putting that much money into an account somewhere, or accounts or wherever. Whatever you do with it, you bury it inside a pool, I guess, and then you cover it with cement. You got to feel like there's a target on your back at least a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to get way, You want to get away, right, you want to take a trip.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean I'm speaking to his feeling right after the sale, his feeling right after being acquitted. We've got a quote from Mike Lynch right after this not guilty verdict came through. He says, quote, I'm looking forward to returning to the UK and getting back to what I love most, my family and innovating in my field.
Speaker 1: Okay, superah, all right, pause though, pause, Matt pause, getting back to my family and my love of my job. That is such a classic, Like that's tagging base, is it?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Every time someone every time someone gets in trouble and they skirt skirt past consequences, they always say, I'm just gonna retire a little bit. I'm gonna spend some time with my family, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's it's a way of like humanizing yourself in the eyes of the public and the press.
Speaker 3: I get, Oh, this guy's he's got a family, he's he's just like us. He's great. Let's let's leave him alone. Let me think I get back to innovating.
Speaker 4: It's I think it is a pretty pat kind of you know line for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think maybe it alters you when you've been talked about in the press so much. It didn't hit a ton of the press here in the United States outside of Silicon Valley, or at least the interest wasn't up for people who are not in the tech industry. But you know, I imagine, especially in the UK, this was probably much bigger news, more of a story at least from twenty eleven on. But yeah, I imagine when you're talked about that much, probably trying to humanize yourself a little bit, is I don't know, probably important.
Speaker 1: We're not so different you would die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just have you know, yachts, and you guys maybe have a canoe if you're if you're lucky. So other important thing with this trial that just concluded with not guilty verdicts for Mike Lynch. There was another person who was also charged with the same things, one of Lynch's I guess cohorts, one of his co workers, somebody who was there with him during the sale. His name is Stephen Chamberlain. He was a finance executive at Autonomy when that sale went through to Hewlett Packard. He was also acquitted of all charges along with Lynch. So both guys accused of a bunch of stuff, they go scott free with not guilty verdicts. That's in June of this year. Let's jump to Monday, August nineteenth, that is the Monday before we're recording this, on Wednesday, August twenty First, here's a news piece that comes out of Reuters on August twentieth. Stephen Chamberlain, the guy we just mentioned, the co defendant in the trial alongside Mike Lynch, he has died after a road accident, his lawyer said on Monday, and this comes from a Reuter's article. You can look up right now. Mike Lynch's co defendant in US trial dies in UK road accident. To continue on here just a little bit to give the facts, guys. He was hit by a car in Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire on Saturday morning and he was placed on life support. So that was over the weekend, and according to a friend, he died after being fatally struck by a car while he was out for a run. The Cambridgeshire Police on Tuesday, so literally yesterday as we're recording this confirmed that the fifty two year old had died and there was a forty nine year old driver of a car that hit him while he was running, and that driver apparently stayed on scene and was assisting with what they call an inquiry, the investigation into this death. But that sure is weird, guys, considering that on Monday. That so that's over the weekend. Saturday is when Chamberlain gets hit by the car. Monday is when we hear about it. On Monday, the yacht that Mike Lynch was on alongside his family that he wanted to spend more time with sank and everybody on the ship besides I think it was fifteen people that were able to actually get off of the yacht as it was sinking. They got on a lifeboat and they were fine. They were saved. There were six missing people back on Monday, August nineteenth and Mike Lynch was one of them. So two guys, one trial, all not guilty, verdicts all going back to a huge sale to Hewlett Packard, and one is missing and one died over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Matt, aren't they attributing this to some sort of freak weather events? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, Also, we're an audio podcast. Let's note know that Matt did the classic move that we all do. Yeah, we're all doing it.
Speaker 2: Put my hands up.
Speaker 1: You can't see it, folks. We just did. We all did in order. We did a lean back and shrug with our arms up. I think Nole's question is next, what are you?
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do? Driving is dangerous and sometimes you get freak weather events, especially in Italy. Because Matt, I gotta say, there's something about the story that tickled something in my brain. And I did a search in our document and there was a story that you brought a good while back about a bunch of foreign dignitaries or diplomats from Israel along with some Italian intelligence services members who also were in a boat that was sunk in an Italian body of water die to a freak weather accident. It was very suspicious, but please tell us more about this story, Matt.
Speaker 2: Wow, really okay, I forgot about that one. Well, goodness, we'll just say sound incredulous. Well, let's say let's go to a story again from AP News from August nineteen teenth, the day that this happened. Let's just read some of this and then let's really start to break it apart, because I think this has something to do with the way information came out in this story and then for me putting it together in a slightly different order, which is what's causing me to throw my arms up like that Ben that you were noticing, where I just feel like, what is happening? So let's get into this. On August nineteenth, AP News put out a story titled search continues for British tech magnate and five others after luxury super yacht sinks off Sicily and that is basically right off the coast of Porticello. You can look at a map of Sicily, look up Porticello and it is just right off the coast there where this yacht sank. They say that it sank off Porticello near Palermo sometime after four am, so that's super early in the morning, four am, right Immediately my brain goes, well, if something nasty was happening on that or to that yacht, or to the people on that yacht, four am, it's pretty interesting time for it to happen, because it would be in the cover of night and anyway, think what you want to think about that. That's the way I feel. It's a little weird that, according to the authorities and ap news, a tornado over the water, known as a water spout that we've just been talking about on the show a lot struck the area overnight, and they are thinking that this water spout caused this massive yacht, this big old boat, to flip over on its side and to sink rapidly. Now we are talking rapidly, not just oh no, the ship is sinking a little bit. Guys, we're taking on water. We need to get the lifeboats. We need to get off of this thing. No, the ship must have capsized super rapidly, and somehow water got into the like the hull the underside of the ship, and filled it up enough and quickly enough for this thing to just drop. Guys, I just watched God's zero or minus one. Godzilla minus one, I think is what it's called. I don't want to spoil too much, but there is something in there where they use nitrogen bubbles I think, or something like that. They use bubbles to sink Godzilla, and it just made me think of that when I read this story, just about how quickly this ship went down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spoiler for everyone in Godzilla. There is a large reptile.
Speaker 4: Yeah blows like what is it like blue laser fire out of its mouth, And yeah, it's funny you should say that. I just took a trip down memory lane and watched an episode of The Magic school Bus where Miss Frizzle shrunk the kids and the school bus and put them inside of a cake where they used baking soda and vinegar to create bubbles to escape from the oven and so they wouldn't get a torch today. Sorry, it is science. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh man. Well, there's a lot more to talk about here with how the ship sank, how like what went down, but we have to kind of continue with what news has come out since Monday, August nineteenth. Later in the day on August nineteenth, one body was recovered of the six that were missing. You know, after the fifteen people survived got off the ship, there were still six people missing. One of them recovered was the chef who was functioning on that super yacht, Riccalo Thomas. His body was recovered. Unfortunate, very sad, but one person was found at least so the families knew what happened, or at least knew where that person was. Right, and then, guys, the news that came out very recently today actually August twenty first, twenty twenty four, crews were able to reach down to where the hull of the ship was where it had sunk, and they did recover the rest of the bodies of the people who were missing there, including Mike Lynch around this, yes, and his daughter. Yeah. It's a really sad story. It's terrible. There's a lot of speculation happening right now because they're new stories coming out about this thing, just left and right, and people are speculating about how it does feel like maybe something else happened to the Baysian. By the way, is the name of the super yacht. It's a fifty six meter or one hundred and eighty four foot British flagged yacht. It was about a half mile off shore when it went down. I'm gonna read quickly. From this Al Jazeera article titled five bodies retrieved from tech tycoon Mike Lynches sunken yacht in Sicily, they are just saying that according to civil protection officials, they do believe the ship was struck by a tornado on the water and it sank very quickly. Fume you a water spout. They call it both things. In this article, I have read a lot of things that just say we want to know more about what happened. We want to know about the position of the keel, which on a large sailboat such as this one the Baysian, it might have been retractable to allow to enter shallower reports, or if a freak water spout struck the vessel and simply pushed it on to its side. They're asking all kinds of questions about the stability of the vessel, because it should have had a lot of stability. It should have been able to weather the storm, if you will, It's designed for that, and it did not. It did not. So anyway, there's gonna be more stuff coming about this in the news. I would just say, let's all keep our eyes on it, keep our ears to the ground, and see if anything new develops there you go really quickly.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to mention that I only brought up that other story just because I swear I thought it was the same story, and you were like, no, no, this is different. This just happened this week and it was just eerily similar conditions. It was like a series of flash floods that were taking place in this particular Italian body of water, which was a Lake Maggiori, and it involved ranking member of Masad and several Russian.
Speaker 3: Dignitary as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was one that you brought and I think we are spidery senses all tingled in the same way where it was like it happened under cover of night.
Speaker 3: There are some potential targets.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It just felt a little off, that's all.
Speaker 4: And that's why I brought that up, because I just immediately made me think of that and how.
Speaker 3: It could be.
Speaker 4: Sure, absolutely the weather, you know, could be to blame, but it also could be a good cover story.
Speaker 2: The rest of this article just pieces of a have to be talked about here because it's exactly what we're talking about. The suspicion the authorities there are suspicious fully suspicious. Yeah, there's a criminal investigation happening right now. I'm going to read this directly from Al Jazeera. Questions abound about what caused the super yacht, which was built in two thousand and eight, to sink so quickly. When the nearby Sir Robert Balden Powell sailboat was largely spared and managed to rescue those fifteen survivors that made it off of the super yacht. So there was a sailboat nearby that was able to lend a hand when this super yacht sank. A little weird, they're saying, there's a lot of uncertainty because yachts such as this are required to have water tight subcompartments specifically designed to prevent a rapid catastrophic sinking, even when some parts filled with water. Think back to the old Titanic, the way that was designed, with all the different pieces of it that were separated, and if one filled up with water, twenty filled up with water, whatever it is, could you'd be okay, they're designed to do that. But this thing still turned on its side and went straight down. That's all I've got. Now, let us know if you hear anything, we'll be right back with more strange news.
Speaker 4: And we have returned with another piece of range news.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: I think we've been hearing a lot this year about x FKA Twitter and what's happened under the rule I guess, or the oversight of Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: A lot of stuff not super great.
Speaker 4: Musk is a you know, big proponent of free speech, which I think we all fully support, but I think his support of free speech sometimes goes into the realm of speech that maybe some people might consider hateful and things that maybe shouldn't be defended, and.
Speaker 1: It's a hot take show against free speech on stuff they don't want you to know, you know.
Speaker 3: Fair enough.
Speaker 4: But this attitude, I guess, you know, uh, seems to have also now spread to artificial intelligence chatbot technology and a step further even into AI image generation. I think we've heard a little bit about Musk's you know, touting this grock system which is sort of meant to be a competitor to chat GPT, and Google's Gemini Grock two, which has now been unveiled for premium users of the X platform, apparently take some of that stuff to the next level in some pretty impressive ways, you know, both in the chatbot technology and also in the AI image generation technology. And you know, I think it's just been no secret that X has kind of been shedding users. There's a lot of people that maybe you don't agree with Musk's politics, that are having a problem with staying on the platform. And it's led to things like threads on Instagram, on the Facebook, you know, whatever meta platform they're they're equivalent to what it used to be called Twitter called threads, and something called blue Sky and some other platforms. Obviously, Donald Trump has his own truth social platform, so you know, the pie.
Speaker 3: Has been divided significantly.
Speaker 4: So you know, Musk has been trying to do some I guess you'd call it creative things to try to you know, keep people or get people back. Some of them have kind of been laughed at, like the idea of paying for your blue check mark, which caused a big old stir when people were paying for a blue check mark and then making these kind of dummy accounts that were sort of making fun of other, you know, public figures, because the whole idea of the blue check mark was you were supposed to actually have proof that you were this individual, and then you put the blue check mark and when you, you know, ask people to pay for that, it kind of takes away the legitimacy of what the thing represents. So similarly, I guess, maybe slightly more successfully, even Musk is offering a more or less guard rail free version of this GROC two image generation technology AI image generation. And if y'all you know, we'll recall I'm sure Matt and Ben you futzed around with this stuff back when it was coming out. You know, it was like you could type in prompts and you'd have like weird images of like Johnny Cash eating a corn dog, and all of them would be really weirdly distended and kind of the stuff of nightmares. Very quickly, exponentially, we've started to see this type of AI image technology become much more believable, much more efficient, quicker to generate, and just you know, pretty impressive. But within that you get a lot of issues around things like intellectual property rights. You know, like what if you use AI technology to create images that might co opt very highly guarded brands, you know, like I'm thinking, like you know, the mouse cartoon characters that are under copyright protection, not to mention megastars, public figures, you know, people like Taylor Swift who have you know, teams of legal counsel that are there to protect their brand.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: The moment that this was unleashed on the world, a lot of users, seemingly maybe even trolling a little bit, seemed to go out of their way to generate the most offensive and bizarre images that involved just those things that I was describing, like everything from like Sonic the Hedgehog and prins Peach in like a seeming post Coitus pillow talk snuggle, you know where like Princess Peach is wearing some pretty, you know, risque lingerie to Mario like, what's the weirdest one you saw?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I'm just gonna give you a list of them.
Speaker 4: Really, like Mickey Mouse wearing a mega hat make America Great Again hat while holding a cigarette and a beer sitting on the beach. Saw one of like Donald Trump and Kamala Harris, where Kamala Harris doesn't really get her likeness quite right, but maybe there's just more images of Trump out there for this thing to grab onto.
Speaker 3: But Trump is like putting his.
Speaker 4: Hand on her pregnant belly and they're like embracing as that they're like a happy couple expecting Bill Gates doing a bunch of cocaine. I've seen Super Mario doing a bunch of cocaine. You know, the afore mentioned Princess Peach and Sonic, the headshot. Lots of stuff like images of for example, I believe there was one involving like a Disney character dressed in Nazi garb, things like that, and it's just it really kind of makes you think about how powerful this stuff is and can be if it's actually fooling people into thinking that this is like you know somehow. I mean, I think there are certainly legal arguments that can be made where it's like, no one would think this is a sanctioned Disney image of like goofy a in a Third Reich uniform, you know, or whatever. Maybe we haven't gotten to that point yet in terms of like what the litigation will actually say or like how do you.
Speaker 3: Stop this kind of stuff?
Speaker 4: But it is interesting and it really makes you think about if the guardrails can be taken off, Like we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this kind of technology, So what's it going to look like when people are developing this stuff and like on the dark Web, and it can be used to generate like images of you know, child sexual abuse material or believable pornographic images of public figures like that, and it just you know, because while grock seemingly is much more unfettered than the other image generation services like mid Journey and things, it does still have some things that it won't do, Like if you ask it to create a naked woman an image of a naked woman or pornographic material, that won't do it.
Speaker 3: But you can always find workarounds.
Speaker 4: It seems like people are out there really trying to figure out the prompts to feed it to find workarounds.
Speaker 3: And there's a really great article on the Verge.
Speaker 4: Ex's new AI image generator will make anything from Taylor Swift and Lingerie to Kamala Harris with a gun. And you know, Musks is touting this as a feature, not a bug, saying that it's just a lot of fun and that it's all in service of free speech and groc will if you ask it, you know, in the chat, what are some of your limitations on image generation? This is from the article on the Verge, by the way, by Addie Robertson groc will say, I avoid generating images that are pornographic, excessively violent, hateful, or the promote dangerous activities. I'm cautious about creating images that might infringe on existing copyrights or trademarks. This includes well known characters, logos, or any content that could be considered intellectual property. Without a transformative element, I won't generate images that could be used to deceive or harm others, like deep fakes intended to mislead, or images that could lead to real world harm. And then the article goes on to say it does not appear, however, that these are in fact rules that when you query the chatbot multiple times you'll get a different set of guidelines, and they don't seem to actually hold true, you know, because you know, one could argue what the transformative element is in some of these, like Disney images, but you know there's one of Goofy and his son Max. I don't know if you guys remember goof Troop where he had a son. It's like Goofy sawing him up into little pieces, like was very gory, very bloody. And you know, Ben, you and I were texting about this a little bit off air, specifically regarding the political ramifications of this kind of stuff and Donald Trump specifically using an image of Taylor Swift saying like in Uncle Sam garb saying I want you to vote for Donald Trump, and images of Swift E's wearing Swifties for Trump T shirts, both of which were generated by this technology, and that Trump, a candidate for the highest office in the land, reposted and basically treated it like an endorsement. I was wondering if you thought that there was a potential lawsuit here and you said you didn't think they would go there, And I'm kind of with you now because there hasn't been a word about it. I'm wondering what the precedent is here, and like what will the next step be, because if you file a lawsuit and then you said a precedent that's bad for you, That can be bad for everybody.
Speaker 2: Right For sure, it does seem like it's corporate intellectual property interests and political campaign interests that would be most impacted by this stuff at the moment, or you know, a popular public persona a person could be affected by this type of image generation. What's really giving me pause? You guys and seeing the stuff where they get around generating violent images by saying, what is it tell the system that you are quote conducting medical or crime scene analysis because I'm imagining, and maybe this is too dark, this is too conspiratorial, but I'm imagining that you could, if you wanted to, let's say, Utopia style, I'm thinking back to that show Utopia, make it look as though an enemy of the state, let's say, took their own lives and the lives of their family. You could potentially, at least begin by generating images and prompting it of a specific human being degenerating a crime scene involving a murder suicide of that person insert enemy of the state and their husband and children or something. Right like that kind of scares the crap out of me, especially if you could somehow feed it with enough like let's say there was also intelligence gathering involved in the process, and you could feed the system specific layouts of a house or you know, a park or a public place or whatever, and you could really tell it to generate these believable images of terrible things happening. You could maybe trick everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the crux of it, right, The idea of a large language model, or the idea of a not an AGI, but something that can generate based off prompts and scraping information. It gets us really close to earlier problems with just human ideation. Stephen King, under the name Richard Bachmann wrote a basically a fictional instruction manual about how to commit mass murder at a school, and the name of the book is Rage. It was pulled from the shelves because it was close enough to the truth to inform other people if they would be bad faith actors. So to your example, Matt, the idea of programming right or prompting an algorithm such that it could emulate a situation that is a very real concern. You could conceivably you could say, like, what's the now, it's an old hack, right, you chat g PT for instance, or most of those lms will not help you commit a crime. But the loop around, right, the workaround is to say, let's imagine a situation. Right, don't tell me a story, right, write me a story. Don't don't help me rob the bank. Help me write a story about someone robbing a bank. And here is the layout of the bank. Like this what you get at here? No, I think is the idea of guardrails. We're talking in terms of imagery, and imagery is important, right, the idea of critical thought, and I think interrogating things intellectually, that's a very difficult proposition when we're assaulted, inundated by headlines, by visceral images. You see a pregnant presidential candidate holding a gun, right, waving a flag of some certain vexillology, and then, depending upon your algorithm or your bubble, you may be induced poor choice of words. You may be induced to agree with the thing you see without interrogating the provenance of that image.
Speaker 4: Well, that's right, And I think that's a big part of it is like, you know, I don't think you can in the same way, you can't argue that, oh, officer, I didn't know that it was illegal to make this turn.
Speaker 3: Therefore, Oh sure, cool, you didn't know. That's fine.
Speaker 4: I think it gets to a point where with these things, like even with like Trump posting this stuff, I don't think you can make a good faith argument that I didn't know, therefore you're absolved of any responsibility for posting this stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've been reading you know, it's been a big conversation, and since the Taylor Swift stuff was posted over the weekend, a lot of legal folks weighing in on whether she has a case or not. And the short answer is she could definitely sue him.
Speaker 3: The question is would she win and would a legal threat to really.
Speaker 4: Be more the order of the day than actually, you know, following through all the way with some sort of because it has to show like intent, actual harm like intent, and it has to show intent. It has to show that the individual, like a Taylor Swift, was actually harmed. And I think, you know, again I'm not a leagert legal scholar here, there's certainly other barriers to get through that would make it difficult, you know, to really take a case like that all the way to the finish line. And I think the problem is you got a lot of people who maybe aren't the best faith of actors testing the waters here. A Politically speaking, we do have an instance where Trump called into question the size of his political opponent's crowds, saying those images were aied And now this individual is posting actual AI images. So I don't know if it's a long term tactic to try to call into question the reality of what anybody sees.
Speaker 3: But it sure feels that.
Speaker 4: Way, and it sure feels like it could be taken even further than that by you know, bad actors.
Speaker 2: Well, it stinks knowing that those kind of tactics have happened. It doesn't matter who you like politically or what your views are. There is propaganda being thrown at you from all sides, pro and against right, including generating images.
Speaker 1: I have good propaganda. Do you guys want to see some of my propaganda? It's mainly gay sadia based. Just to be honest, last thing for me on this. I'm with you, Matt. I'm sorry to interrupt I when you.
Speaker 4: Finished, but I just I've literally just heard in a lot of conversations with legal scholars that free speech is so protected.
Speaker 3: Here in the United States that it is totally legal. Essentially.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm overseeing the case here too in political materials, like that's okay, it's legal to lie.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess you don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: Men, it's the fire, it's the fire in the movie theater argument. It is a freedom of speech, like freedom of speech can qualify as freedom of delusion, if that makes sense, Like it is absolutely okay to stand on a street corner and say that I am on a street corner of an earth that is flat. Right, so long as you don't say, I am on the street corner of an earth that is flat and therefore call to action, kill the globalist or something like that, kill the people who think the earth is round.
Speaker 4: You can't put people in harm's way by lying about an actual facts thing by saying like saying fire fire.
Speaker 3: You know, that's illegal. It's not protected speech. I understand that.
Speaker 4: But you can say something patently untrue about a police pona and that's protected speech because it's also kind of like a gray area where it's like, well, he didn't exactly mean that, it was meant he meant this, or it was like you know right. All I'm saying is that it's a little the tenuousness of the truth is just bolstered by this type of material being so easily available.
Speaker 3: That's That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think you nailed it. The tenuous feature and the fact that civilization has not yet arrived at an agreement on how to process this technology. Right, Like speaking of our off air group text, I remember Noel Matt I asked you, guys, what is a Taylor Swift song?
Speaker 4: I have heard and I rattled off a few and you did not seem to register, which is totally you know what.
Speaker 3: I envy you that, Ben. I'm not the biggest Taylor Swift fan.
Speaker 4: I think she has a couple bangers that are fun, but I find her a little to be a little bit overrated. But you can't deny that she is a force of nature in terms of her ability to wield the loyalty of her fans.
Speaker 3: So to put this out there and be like dish is it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's nothing on the post saying this is satire that could be really dangerous.
Speaker 1: Celebrity is a double edged sword, right, The fame is a cage. The idea of like the fact that I don't know this person's songs, but I do know the ideological or propagandistic theft of it illustrates your point here. Civilization is simply at this junction not equipped to handle this stuff. And know what do you think is gonna happen with a I mean, like the point, Look, I'm gonna defend Donald Trump here, all right, might be a hot take, but this guy saw a meme essentially right, he saw a meme that he thought supported his campaign. Did he exercise critical thought on this? Did he speak with these people? I don't know, but he felt that there was a campaign supporter, and he propagated the information that he received, which many people do. And this may sound oversimplified, but I would ask I would ask everybody else to think about the older people in their lives. How many times have you seen someone repeat, retweet, repost a thing that they did not investigate?
Speaker 3: No, no question about it.
Speaker 4: And that's also a big Pandora's box of all of this is this kind of stuff is just it's shiny, it's new, and it's like easy to want to repost as a is evidence by all of this, these images just like totally flooding the Internet. And I you know, I'm with you on the on the Trump assessment, there no no, no question about it. But what does it look like when the guardrails are completely off? We see all of these products of loopholes and of this groc too, having the guardrails largely off. Like what happens to the stuff when there are no guardrails? And what's the uncut version of this technology? That somebody has access to and what does that stuff look like, especially as it gets exponentially more powerful.
Speaker 3: Let us know what you think. Take a break, come back, one more piece of strange.
Speaker 1: News, and we have returned. This is a special message for any of our fellow conspiracy realist who have ever had a dream where your teeth are falling out of your mouth? Have you ever had that dream? Match? Have you ever had that dream? Nol, Have you ever had that dream? Code named Doc Holliday. Yeah, any losing teeth dreams?
Speaker 4: Yea, yea, yeah, it's It's not one of my regulars, but I've had it before, for sure.
Speaker 3: I can't recall it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I have, though. That's such a common thing right with humanity.
Speaker 4: It is is one of those Freudian archetypes, right like it means something specific.
Speaker 1: There are turns out sort of a table of contents of nightmares and the idea of losing something fundamental like fingernails, hair, teeth, limbs, philangees, tarsels, things like that. They are fundamental to the human experience. It is also part of the reason why people fear dentists. A strange news story that we have for you tonight Folks is an expose on dentistry. It turns out that there is a criminal network in China that has been stealing human bodies, not to not to do organ transplants or organ harvesting. I'm sure that's part of it, but they have been primarily stealing bodies for the purpose of harvesting bones for dental implants. Yeah. Yeah, I'm looking at Matt's face right now. It's true.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 1: It's true. Everyone. I want you to put your tongue to whatever teeth you have in your mouth right now and imagine they're not your own.
Speaker 2: Done with that, Done with that, Ben, I was trying to follow along with you. There's a I think you linked to a what is this the South China News, No.
Speaker 1: China Morning Post's non biased source.
Speaker 2: But of course I don't have a free subscription to it. So they're like, yeah, you can read the subtitle and that's it.
Speaker 1: So they you can also go to a couple of other sources about this. There was a there is, i should say, a group accused in Shaunshi of taking bodies from crematoriums and medical laboratories and stealing the bone matter and then using those like boiling it down, excuse me, cremating it essentially into shards that are later used in dental implants. So, if you've ever had a bone graft, you don't know where, you don't know the providence of it. This is this is just creepy nightmare fuel to make all of us feel a little bit uncomfortable and feel like we need a space of safety. So we want to give you a space of safety. We're interfering with your emotions, We're manipulating you a little bit so that you receive the next piece of strange news with a motive regard. Who will save you from a world full of rock, from a world full of sinking yachts? Who will save you from a world full of dead people in your mouth via your teeth? Why it's Vladimir Putin?
Speaker 2: Because oh, I really thought you were gonna say Wolverine and Deadpool. Well, okay, all right, fine, yes.
Speaker 1: We should check with them. It turns out we haven't talked with we haven't talked with dead Bull or Wolverine yet. Let's see, that's Wade and Logan, right, that's their non superhero names. We haven't talked with Wade and Logan yet. But we have heard from our buddy vlad He has said as of just about seventy two hours ago, as we record, he said, look, if you are having a tough time with the Western world, if things just aren't going right for you, we'll give you a safe haven. You can move here to Russia. I want to point out this specific statement. This comes to us from Business Insider. On August twentieth, twenty twenty four, Vladimir Putin has signed a decree that Russia will welcome foreigners who want to escape quote Western liberal ideals end quote. So if you're tired of all the shinagain's democracy, you know, if you think Ukraine is making a big deal out of nothing, then you could apply to become a Russian resident with a path to citizenship, especially if you are aligned with quote Russian spiritual and moral values. You can get a visa within thirty days. Now, I imagine there are some questions. First off, when do we go right?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, maybe just for a quick visit. But I had heard today.
Speaker 4: I think about this specifically in relation to Alex Jones, who's dealing with some you know, ruin financial ruin.
Speaker 3: We talked about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy from Waking Life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's back in the golden days and he was just a young Austin, Texas shak chack. But yeah, he's like, you know, facing financial ruin because of the very legitimate case against him where he put people in genuine harm because of his comments on Sandy Hook and all that stuff. But he posted on X yesterday or the nineteenth breaking Putin just dropped a bombshell decree inviting people from across the globe who are fed up with the globalist neoliberal nightmare to seek sanctuary in traditional Russia, and then goes on to say like things like what does he say the usual bureaucratic nonsense like language tests or history exams are out, you don't have to take them anyway. Whether he understands fully this situation or not, it does seem intriguing to mister Alec Jones.
Speaker 2: And we're saying he's inviting like western countries to join, like specifically countries that are composed in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and thank you for that, Matt. Absolutely you can get a three month visa with as our buddy Alex said, none of the quote bureaucratic nonsense regarding proficiency in Russian or understanding of Russian history or basic laws of the Russian state. You can get a three month visa entirely to escape these troublesome democratic standards. The President of Russia signed the decree and any foreign national will be allowed here. So that means that means anybody who maybe gets on the wrong side of the North Korean tourist campaign, right, you know, like North Korea has opened pretty much a one way tourist trip for anybody from the West.
Speaker 3: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave, and.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't work out in Pyongyang, you can maybe just head over to Saint Petersburg. You can request residency based on the rejection of what Putin describes as again destructive neoliberal ideals that differ from the traditional Russian spiritual and moral values. There is going to be a list of specific countries targeted or i would say incentivized with this invitation. Obviously Canada, the United States, most of Western Europe will be invited to participate in this program. Now, why are we talking about this on stuff they don't want you to do. We're talking about this because you need to understand this is a trap. If you are here, as if you are hearing this and you are not currently in Russia. What you need to understand very clearly is that if you go into this program, if you accept this purported three month visa, and you are not Edward Snowden and you are not Julian Assange, you will be conscripted. I want to be incredibly transparent about that. This way into the military, Yes, into the Russian armed forces?
Speaker 3: Yes? Is that just your take? I mean, I'm not trying I believe you. I'm just like I asked what the catch was, and then what are you basing that on. I'm very very curious. It sounds absolutely plausible. I just am very curious.
Speaker 1: Imagine you are, for instance, a Bulgarian national right and you are incentivized somehow to get to Russia. First off, yeah, to get there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Let us also consider earlier decrees by the Russian state quite recently. The conscription is real, right, the war continues. This is a trap. Some far right figures, some that would be called conspiracy theorists, have said this is an escape hatch. Right, the same people who deny that Ukraine has a right to you know, be its own country. Those same folks are arguing that Russia is somehow a safe haven. It very much is not a safe haven anymore than jiong Yang is a cool like summer hangout. Sorry, if I ruined anybody's vacation plans.
Speaker 2: It's weird because I can see the psychological move if we look at it on a big.
Speaker 4: Check checkerboard, or just the weakening of the position, I guess, or it's like, look, come to us, like leave your you know, your oppressive country.
Speaker 2: You know we have.
Speaker 3: We come to us with what we have, open arms.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, And that's not to say what you're wrong, bit, but I could just see it as a move to hey, we are welcoming in without conscripting anybody. We're welcoming in people from the United States, Great Britain, We're welcoming people in from India and across the world. And we're bringing everyone in to now be Russian because you know, we are the safe haven. We are we uphold family values and traditional values. That quote make a person human.
Speaker 3: M This is from the statement, right, that's the same statement from.
Speaker 1: That's his Victory Day speech.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but I just see that. I see it as a one of those soft moves to just show like, hey, we can, we can like y'all. Y'all's ideologies are so shattered and weakened that we can just have this one strong one and people are gonna like it. And you're gonna see that people are gonna like it by the response to the news we just made with this announcement.
Speaker 3: It's like Dennis Rodman going to North Korea too.
Speaker 4: It's just a big old embarrassment, right, you know, for the United States when someone that's like a pop cultural kind of icon or whatever is paraded around over there and it's almost like, no, see, we've got Dennis now. And I think, you know, pr wise, they'd only need a couple of handful of folks to do this for them, to prify it into being a success and make it appear as though people are coming over in droves.
Speaker 3: Do you do you do you see it that way? Ben?
Speaker 1: I like the word pr if I that's a nice that's nice. It just feels like that's what the good one.
Speaker 4: The potential for weaponizing, you know, even just a handful of people taking them up on this offer.
Speaker 1: I can't have anyone saying a word against the worm, Dennis Rodman, that's his street name.
Speaker 2: It happened.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying, you know, I think he was maybe a little clueless about it, but yeah, KI use that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a way of middle finger, you know, middle finger to the US.
Speaker 2: Well, they already stole like our top a keto guy. Yeah, on the entire planet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is the top guy. Yeah, he's the top guy.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you brought up the Russian legend Stephen the actor who is known for saying he is an iiketo master, most famous for running into an actual ikto master one time and getting choked out so much that he shot his pants. That is the legacy of Stephen sgal Uh. He has a home in Russia. And I see, I see that might be a I take.
Speaker 3: Also a famous sex pest and kimono opener.
Speaker 4: Let's just say and collect her from when I hear not a particularly awesome guid, so maybe they can have him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This coincides with an earlier move by Russia. In May of twenty twenty three, the Russian state announced the creation of what they call a migrant village outside of Moscow for conservative American expatriates. Be very aware, folks. If you are American and you are hearing this, that is not the place for you. They will leverage you the same way that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea has leveraged folks.
Speaker 3: In the past.
Speaker 1: You will not be a citizen. You will be a hostage. The conspiracies are real.
Speaker 3: Be safe.
Speaker 1: That is inded on a downer. I suspect, but I feel like that's important news. That's strange news, but it's important right.
Speaker 4: Interestingly goes hand in hand with the North Korean tourists openings. I would say, I think, yeah, I think you did a great job of wheezing those two in together, because that was very interested in both of the stories.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe I just fell for some AI. Maybe Vladimir Putin himself is already an algorithm. Let us know your thoughts, folks. We thank you for your time. As always, we can't wait to hear your thoughts. We are easy to find online, so hit us up flat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please do bro all over the internet.
Speaker 4: You can find us at the handle conspiracy Stuff, where we exist on xfka, Twitter, on Facebook with our Facebook group Here's where it Gets Crazy, and on YouTube with video content galore on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 3: We are conspiracy Stuff Show.
Speaker 2: We have a phone number. It is one eight three three st d WYTK. Just turn those letters into numbers and then dial them up. When you call in. It's our voicemail system. You get three minutes. Say whatever you'd like do. Give yourself a cool nickname, and let us know if we can use your name and message.
Speaker 3: On the air.
Speaker 2: If you got more to say they can fit in that three minute voicemail message, why not instead shoot us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 1: We are the entities that read every piece of correspondence we receive. Be aware, yet unafraid. Sometimes the void writes back conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't want you to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.