Speaker 1: Just got a brand new tattoo. It's huge. It says, no tattoos, it's one more thing. I'm one more thing. Or how about tattoos are stupid? That would be a good one good tattoo? Where would you put it on your forehead a bell or around my neck? Tatoo?
Speaker 2: That tattoo that went viral, it says no regurirts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that became a website. No Regrets is a website where people post bad tattoos.
Speaker 4: That is one of my guilty pleasures. It's been a while since I've done it. But going to one of those bad tattoos websites where it's either no regirts or various misspellings, or somebody gets like their babies face tattooed on them, but it looks like a demon because the artist is just not that good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, first maybe they birthed the demon. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't there, but yeah, I've got to admit I've logged some serious time with those websites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the the tribal stuff where or where it's in a foreign language, you know, those are often a mess.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Chinese characters that frequently aren't what the tattoo artist told you they were right. It says freedom of spirit, not actually says fish thirty percent off.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, or something so soy sauce brand.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So I was expressing my love for AI specifically chat GPT just because that's the one I've tried, and I want to try GROC and some other ones. But I thought, all right, why not? I just asked what kind of tattoo should I get? It told me to find the right tattoo. Consider what resonates with you, your personal style and any symbolic meaning you'd like to convey. Think about the tattoo's placement, your lifestyle, and your long term comfort with the design.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the placement thing is interesting because I've I haven't for years, but I used to think about getting a tattoo. It's only because I even come up with a good choice that I never got a tattooed. I'm not anti. I just couldn't think of any that worked for me. But it was always like, do I want it to be someplace visible or not? And if it's someplace it's not visible really to anyone but me or people that enter into a special relationship with me.
Speaker 1: Prison guards et cetera.
Speaker 3: Right, doctors and prison guards pretty much. Then what's the point? I often thought, Yeah, I mean, what am I expressing if I'm not expressing it to anybody but like two people on earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had the same thought roughly, although I think, you know, if I'm going to get one, and I've considered it for years, it would probably be the classic you know, shoulder okay, right, yeah, and that you know, it's usually just between you and then and your companion slash prison guard slash doctor.
Speaker 3: You're a lot younger than us, Katie, but so it might have been hard for you to realize this. But back in the day, tattoos were not very many men had tattoos. No women had tattoos. If you came across a tattoo a woman with a tattoo, that was crazy. And not even that many men did. But my uncle had a tattoo when I was a kid, and I always thought it was so cool. He was a really buff dude, and he was a marine and fought in Vietnam and he had a bulldog on his arm, and I always just thought that was so bad ass. But he was a badass guy. He can put that same bulldog on me, and it wouldn't be the same thing.
Speaker 4: Oh so you like bulldogs, right, they are such pretty dogs.
Speaker 2: I remember when they were frowned upon and growing up, my parents both were very wary of me getting them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you, I've said this to people before, younger people, and they can't believe it. Like, I worked at a bar for years. If a girl, like a big nightclub, country club, like three hundred people on a Saturday night, if a woman had walked in with tattoos, everybody would have been talking in the entire bar.
Speaker 1: It would have been so shocking.
Speaker 4: And I know, and all sorts of assumptions made oh so honestly might have at the time been fairly accurate. Probably it's funny because that's sounds terrible to say. But no, we all intentionally and semi intentionally send each other social signals about who we are, the way we'd like to be seen, uh, you know, every day through what we wear and the way we look in our hair and whatever.
Speaker 3: That's one of the interesting things about tattoos is it's certainly lost its edginess. You if you're a I'll go with girls again. But if you're a if you're a female with a tattoo. It does not signify I'm on the edge and kind of live life the way I want, because you could be as vanilla, mainstream, normal, culled a sac suburban, safe as it gets, and be a tattoo person. Now am I right now?
Speaker 2: It's defined by the type of tattoo you. Yeah, you know, if you're the vanilla and very dainty and whatnot. They have the very dainty style tattoos.
Speaker 1: I have a dolphin now, I like dolphins. Yeah, a dolphin on my ankle.
Speaker 4: I figured that because you have a dolphin. Uh, you know, I'm looking at the chat chepet advice. It's very thorough tips for choosing a tat meaning a symbolism, personal style, placement, long term comfort research, tattoo artists.
Speaker 1: Take your time.
Speaker 4: Here are different styles and they have like six or seven different styles.
Speaker 1: Things to consider a cost pain. The pain level can very.
Speaker 4: Depending on the location, size of the tattoo, as well as your individual pain tolerance.
Speaker 3: I was thought about getting an American flag on my arm in the traditional place, like after nine to eleven when we were all being extra patriotic, and then somebody said, really should be only if you're in the military, and I thought, yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 4: So I disagree with that, but I agree with that. I stand ready to be talked off that point.
Speaker 1: But no, I disagree with that. Yeah, I didn't want to be a proposer.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be a military poser at the time when people were like joining up and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough to teach their own. I've thought of like getting.
Speaker 3: A poser in all kinds of Otherwise, I don't want to be a I'm in the military patriotic poser. I don't want to be that kind of poser. You know.
Speaker 4: That's funny speaking of tattoos and posers and my my son.
Speaker 1: I won't bory you.
Speaker 4: With the specifics, but he made a poster that included a cartoon of a dude with a cigarette and sunglasses, and the caption was so punk it's poser. So poser, it's punk. That was an interesting, interesting concept. So the horshoe theory, So the pain, how would you describe the pain, Katie uh Of? I mean, it's not like you've gotten face tattoos or there are certain parts of the body people get tattoos. I can't even imagine. Ay y and B. That's kind of hurt like fire.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's uncomfortable. It definitely does depend on where and I have had plenty of very and I will tell you the ribs.
Speaker 1: You yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: I have a tattoo that goes right across the front and then on the side. Kind of mind is that.
Speaker 3: I've heard people use the phrase I don't say this word, but it starts with a T and refers to women's body parts a T chandelier.
Speaker 1: It's not that, is it.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, it's the podcast, so you can.
Speaker 3: But I don't say that word even on the podcast. I don't say that word in my real life.
Speaker 1: Is that the word? No, no, no, no, higher up, you won't say tit.
Speaker 2: You won't say tit.
Speaker 1: No, you're a boy. It is useless as tits on a boar. Go ahead and say.
Speaker 3: That T I T t y chandelier. I've heard that phrase.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've heard that.
Speaker 3: Oh you haven't google it. There's a there are websites for just those.
Speaker 1: They're so popular. Talking about boobies.
Speaker 2: Considering mine says I love my mother and Gaelic. I hope it's not a titty chandelier.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe she was a great breastfeeder. Way when you say it sounds funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't use that term just because it's childish and like it reminds me of adolescent boys who've never been with a woman.
Speaker 1: But right I feel like I'm above that word. Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you know what you probably are, uh my, uh, Well, a person I am very close with genetically has a tattoo in the rib cageal area. It is a quote from a favorite book and a comfort through the years. That particular quote.
Speaker 3: Well, someone, a female was telling me. This was after Saint Patrick's Day. They brought up the fact that they have an ass adjacent shamrock and uh and that that's what started me on the whole. If nobody ever sees it except you know, like your husband or whatever, what is what are you doing? Is it for you? I guess it's for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's your own thing. Or it's a party trick, a party trick. Hey, look what I got.
Speaker 4: That's some party Uh. Any other tattoos you or grat Katie he as the lone tattooed member of the crew.
Speaker 2: It's it's kind of and it's also the way that it happened. We were in Hawaii. I was in high school and we just so happened to run into Nicky Six's nanny who was watching the kids while.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: Cruise.
Speaker 2: His nanny. Yeah, he and his nanny, they were out and about, the nanny stuck around. Mom ended up talking to nanny and deciding she had to have a tattoo. That was how we ended up there. And we ended up in the shop and my mom got her dolphin that's jumping over a shamrock, which I know you've heard me say this before, but she always said is going to end up as an eel in a palm tree. And I apparently just wouldn't shut up about wanting a tattoo, and my dad said, fine, you want one so bad, let's do it. And I decided on two hearts next to each other, one filled in like the American flag, the other filled in like the Irish flag.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, no, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a horrible idea, except for the tattoo artist did the American flag vertically so it looks like Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: The Irish and Puerto Ricans have a long history of cooperating on many projects.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's one of the many jokes that happens.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It's just it turned into this whole thing. My dad and the second, the second that tattoo gun touched me, I came about three inches off the table and I looked at my dad and you went, nope, gotta finish. I was like, oh no, and it was Yeah, it was a learning lesson as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I also have a k on my shoulder in case I forget what my initials are.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like it feels like beastings, Like if you've ever been stung by a bee, just imagine that happening a lot and can kind of the heat from afterwards. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of like the sleeved look on a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I don't think it would look good on me, but on some people, I think it looks really good.
Speaker 2: My dad just finished his sleeve, okay, and once they got to that elbow bone, things were not so funny anymore.
Speaker 1: He did one arm like most people do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his whole left arm is done in the traditional Hawaiian tribal because my parents spend a lot of time over there.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, Yeah, yeah, I like the sleep thing and that, Like, but what would be the rough cost on that to get sleeved in a whole arm?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It depends on what you get, but I mean easily five grand, easily five thousand dollars, Yeah, depending on what you have done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because I have a piece on my shoulder that goes from just above my elbow up to the right to the top of my shoulder, and that was about I think eight to fifty.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've got the weird on the back side of tat two's age thing going to it just wouldn't matter. I mean, there's nothing edgy at all I could get. Whatever kind of tattoos is gonna have no effect on my career at this point or anything or my dating because I'm old.
Speaker 1: I mean, so it's just like it'd be like, what's the point.
Speaker 4: Why don't you ask Kanye West for a suggestion or two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for tattoos. I'm well past the age of being able to make a statement that anybody would care about. So it's just like, may, what would I be doing if you showed up with a couple of neck tattoos? I think people would down face tat face tat would get attention.
Speaker 2: Yet I kind of want one of you guys to get one to see, you know, what it's.
Speaker 1: Like with my head.
Speaker 3: I could do some pretty interesting things over my noo hair and a round head. Charlie brownhadicking like the sphere in Vegas, you know, like an eyeball or something like that big eyeball.
Speaker 1: That's horrible.
Speaker 3: Wow, people consider that on the back of my head, my shaved head.
Speaker 4: It's a big iro of eyes. How about a pair of eyes? Oh, the entire face, yes, and hair and everything.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: And they got a play like your Voldemort's spoiler alert in the first Harry Potter moving hmm, very traumatic reveal.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the little person tattoo on Fantasy Island.
Speaker 1: We'll get a tattoo of him, tattoo of tattoo tattoos. Well, I guess that's it.