Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We have some NFL news. The trade deadline is tomorrow, and the Philadelphia Eagles have picked up Jalen Phillips from the Dolphins. There edge rusher who's only twenty six years of age. The two and seven Dolphins will be selling probably a little bit more than this, but he could have left in free agency. So they're gonna get a third round pick, it looks like. And the Eagles, once again, this is what they do. They've already picked up JayR Alexander, a cornerback, Michael Carter, a cornerback, and now you get Phillips as well. All Right, so football coming up tonight. A lot to recap from over the weekend, and we'll get to that as well. We've got to play the day poll question. Stat of the Day is always Herm Edwards, the former coach, former player, will join us coming up as his former quarterback at Arizona State, Jaden Daniels went down with a dislocated elbow, non throwing elbow, but still probably done for the rest of the season. Tom Berducci, who was working the World Series for Fox, will somehow try to recap what we saw over the weekend as the Dodgers beat the Jays in seven and Yamamoto pulling a Randy Johnson, he wins game six and seven just like Randy Johnson did, and he got the MVP. In fact, here is well, this is the call of Will Smith's go ahead home run. I'm going to play the Dodgers call and then the Blue Jays call. This is courtesy of the Dodgers radio network.
Speaker 3: The two oh Smith with a smash in the air to DP pliftfield. This ball is Smith lets it fly and breaks the tie in game seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, here is the Blue Jays radio call. Beaver's two.
Speaker 4: Swing in a deep fly left field, straw on the track, looking up at the wall. It's gone. Will Smith has given the Dodgers the lead with a solo home run. First LA lead of the ninth. He's in the top of the eleventh.
Speaker 2: You start to do the math if you're a Blue Jays fan. In the seventh inning, Okay, we got to get nine outs and then all of a sudden it's eight ounce and then seven. Once again doing the math, but the Dodgers didn't go away. Crazy plays offense, defense, Guys that you probably hadn't heard of or didn't expect to do anything. Guys, you did expect to do something, didn't. It was wild. But Yamamoto, I thought if he was able to pitch another great game in Game six and they won, he would be the MVP. I didn't know he was going to come back for Game seven. It was wild. It was wonderful, and I hope people I hope people were open to the idea of watching the Dodgers in the Blue Jays. If you're a non baseball fan, even if you're a baseball fan, I know we look at the Dodgers. People probably look at them and they're the now you know, they're the villains, but they shouldn't be viewed that way in my opinion. I know that it's a checkbook that's always open, but there is financial imbalance in baseball. But I would hope that this spurs other teams to spend more money. The Dodgers will be favored to win again next year, but you've gone back to back, You've got three and five years. The Dodgers may be what baseball does need, and that is spending money. And I know it's hard to say, well, if we had that kind of money, and we had Yamamoto. And if you said at the beginning of the World Series, the MVP is going to be from Japan, you probably would have said, show hey Otani. But Yamamoto was wonderful to watch. Loved watching him throughout and even during the regular season. Even go back to the World Baseball class. When you're seeing somebody like that, and I liken him to Pedro Martinez. He's not big, but you talk about fundamentals. He's always scribbling in his notebook. I mean, he's really a true professor of the game and he loves to have that data and it shows. But for Toronto, you had your moments. You had your moments, crushing moments, but you at least had them, and it was wonderful baseball on the biggest stage of all. All right, seatan whole question. What are we going to go with in the first hour of the program.
Speaker 5: Well, it's Monday, so let's start with worst loss of the weekend. Wow, got some options here for you. Are the blue Jays in this blue Jays are not Okay, they're off the boards. That's obviously a terrible one. Okay, we're going to keep it to just NFL in college football.
Speaker 2: Okay, go with those two.
Speaker 5: Why don't we start in the NFL? We could go straight to your Cincinnati Bengals dropping one to the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: They're not my Bengals.
Speaker 5: Paul's Chicago Bay Yes, and somebody else's Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: Here is the Bengals. Head coach Zach Taylor is. The Bengals found yet another way to lose.
Speaker 7: His coaches were just spin this week, finding a way to help everybody and get it done, because this is it's sick. It's sick to lose like that.
Speaker 8: It's sick.
Speaker 7: So we got to own it and we got to keep finding ways to improve and keep finding ways to find a win.
Speaker 8: As last two weeks has happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get incredible play from Joe Flacco and no defense. Again, it didn't matter if you had Joe Burrow this year. It really didn't. I mean, you got Trey Hendrickson, but that defense is not good. I wouldn't be surprised if you ship him out the trade deadline. The way things are going here, your defense can't be any worse. Might as well get something for him. But you're watching that, you know, and look somebody had to win that game. Somebody had to lose that game too, and the Bears certainly had their hand in both. You know, maybe winning, maybe losing. But you're watching the Bengals and all I thought is can you maintain five hundred. If you can maintain five hundred for another month or so and maybe you get Joe Burrow back, it doesn't matter if Joe Burrow comes back, you're not winning and you're scoring forty and not winning, that's pretty hard to do. Chase Brown, the running back for the Bengals, who had one hundred yards, not happy.
Speaker 9: We just got to play complimentary football, like we put the ball in the end zone and go up a point at the end and the game like make them, make them get us the ball back, let us go to twenty two victory, and let's end the game.
Speaker 2: That's how that's like.
Speaker 9: That's how I feel any playmaker on this team, any any position, like we're all willing to do whatever it takes to win. We just got to finish. I think that's like what you go into this by week thinking and kind of repeating to yourself is just finish, finish, finish these games. Jus finish out what was round through your head walking back to the locker room chase probably the same as what was running through your head, like like what.
Speaker 2: The yeah, kind of a nervous laughter. There a bye week, you've lost six to seven, and this where you get a divided locker room. This is when the offense is like, like, what is up with you guys? Just get a stop the Bears, you know they're not that good, Just get a stop. We could have won these games. Yes, yes, hey, y that.
Speaker 5: It really isn't anything new for the Bengals either, because you could go back last year they how many one score losses they had. You know, you lost sixteen to ten to the Patriots twenty six, twenty five. They have a lot of very very very close losses over the years. Over the last two years at least, you don't think of the Bears as a running team. But when you give up over two hundred and fifty yards rushing to the Bears, culture is a word that's used a lot, and that culture is not good. And Zach Taylor might be holding on for dear life here because you've lost six of your last seven and you're giving up forty points in these games. You're scoring forty and losing. All right, who else would be on that list there? Seaton, let's see worst loss of the weekend, we can hit the man the Colts at Steelers.
Speaker 2: That's a bad loss for the Colts because of how they lost, because it makes you go Danny Dimes. And that was one of those where I was curious about it and then all of a sudden, I go, oh, Danny Dimes. Maybe he is who we thought we were. I thought that was going to be the message today, and maybe it should be. Had three interceptions there when they have six turnovers, you're not going to beat anybody. But that's why you've been really good. You haven't been beating yourself. And Okay, maybe it's one week, and I would buy into one week, but I don't care what they do during the regular season. It's going to be in the postseason. There's certain teams and we've singled them out before and the Colts are in that category. It's a wonderful story until you get to the postseason. I go back to Sam Darnold with the Vikings, man, this is incredible. He is incredible. They're incredible, and then they weren't incredible, and then they moved on from him. By the way, he was unbelievable last night. It was as about as perfect as you could get. Well was he sixteen for sixteen with four touchdowns at one point. But the big headline of that game, why was Jane Daniels in there? It's thirty eight seven? That was what I was like, what are you doing? Unless you know? Dan Quinn was thinking, I, you know, I got to get got to get him more reps in there. I would get him out. He's been banged up the last couple of weeks. Here is dan Quinn answering that question host game.
Speaker 10: I'm asking this really respectfully. I want you to understand that. But Jade's been hurt three straight times in three straight games. Does this organization have to take a different approach with him with regard to keeping him on the field even if a game's lost, or you think there's a chance, even if you think there's still a chance to win, if it's not capable of giving him the support he needs on the offense and the defensive side for him to be at his best.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think the answer to that is we will give him the support to do that, and I am certain of that. Dave to make sure that we do that in every single way, and that's called offense defense, you know, like the whole way through. Man, we feel that way on you know, the hamshuring injury and tonight with an elbow. Yeah, it's really important we get that part right and we.
Speaker 2: Will tough to watch. Shouldn't have been out there at thirty eight to seven. Uh, just because he's been banged up. You got a preserve him for the long haul here, and that long haul is going to be now without Jayden Daniels, perhaps the rest of the regular season. All right, let's see eight seven seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by. We always do it every Monday, best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like? Let me get some of the Dodger fans phone calls out of the way first. Uh, Gus in La Gus, congratulations.
Speaker 12: Good morning, mister Patrick. How are you and the boys doing? How are you and the boys doing? Other than my brother James in Virginia, I think we all had a pretty damn great week.
Speaker 1: Get a week?
Speaker 12: What a weekend? Man? What is season? Let me tell you something. Let me get this out. Wait, really quick. I'm gonna get off my sofax really quick, because all I heard about this weekend from everybody coming at me. You guys bought this World series. This World Series was bought for it. No, it wasn't before I continue, hold on, there we go, we got war but through there cracking. Let me tell you something. You guys bought this series.
Speaker 13: Really.
Speaker 12: Can anybody name me the pitcher that was ran out there in Game three of the World Series for four innings, who made fifty thousand dollars this year? Yeah, we really bought the World Series, didn't we? Yeah? No. This dodgire team was a roller coaster of emotions all year. We set the biggest loss record, not once but white this season. This team was dead in the water. The Blue Jays got to bless them. They probably you know, deserved what they're hitting and they're just monstering and pitching. But at the end of the day, boy, it's Dodger Blue. I gotta get dressed. I gotta be at the stadium in a little bit. We're partying all day. You boys. Have a great week. Buddha. Oh see your.
Speaker 2: Suit pal, Oh thank you Gus. Buddha in San Francisco, Hey, Buddha, congratulations, damn.
Speaker 13: It feels good to be a champion. Every day is the World Series. Let's go MORVINU best of the Weekend. Then my Dodgers winning six seven. See what I did there, Fritzy sixty seven on the road and the first team to win back to back in fifty years, and best of the Weekend and winning my bet against Marvin. Oh, blueberry pie in the face and Dan. I have a proposal for you guys. I'm proposing you guys come to Herca Restaurant and I administer the pie of the space when you guys are in San Francisco, when your guys are doing the Super Bowl week.
Speaker 2: I'll think about it, Buddha. But congratulations. Yeah Marvin you uh he lost the bet I did.
Speaker 6: Dodgers came through. Yeah, keep you I'm pretty confident.
Speaker 2: Keep your head up. By the way, the starting lineup, Fritzy's here, Seaton, Marv, Paul years trulye and the backroom guys, not the bathroom guys. I didn't know that. People thought I was talking about the bathroom guys. It's the back room guys, the brgs. Yes, Paul, I like that.
Speaker 14: Marvin is now a Blue Jays fan, even though he just likes their logo and colors, not their team or.
Speaker 6: Organization none whatsoever. I just like the logo and they, oh, you want to make a bet? I mean sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, you were going into game six and you're up, so you're up.
Speaker 6: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Well your hat was that you were wearing? You know, you had a sweatshirt on as well?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's investing a little bit more in that. But we'll settle on our pole question, the worst loss of the weekend. We're taking the Blue Jays off of that list. We'll come back Herm Edwards will join us. We'll talk some football with him Cowboys hosting the Cardinals coming up tonight, and Tom Berducci a little later on trying to recap a crazy, crazy weekend in Major League Baseball. We're back after this on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 15: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 16: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: We are excited to.
Speaker 16: Announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 15: That's right, You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 16: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: We bring in Herm Edwards, ESPN football analyst and former NFL and college head coach and a former defensive back as well. How do you react as a coach when your offense is putting up forty and your defense is giving up forty and it doesn't enter the locker room, it doesn't divide the team.
Speaker 15: It's tough, man. And obviously that that is kind of taking place in Cincinnati right now, and that that's a tough conversation that you're gonna have to have with the whole team, but then particularly with some of the players that are a little frustrated to this point, you're gonna have to call them in and say, look, I understand, well, we all we well, we all get it, but we got to make sure we keep this in house and that we continue to try to win a game. And obviously, when you coach on one side of the ball your whole life, unless say I was a defensive guy, you take it personal that your defense is playing like this. As a head coach, or if your offense on the o the other side of it, you know, you're losing games up, you know, fourteen to seven and stuff like that, you're going, hey, man, offensively, so.
Speaker 8: You take it personal. Obviously, you talk.
Speaker 15: To those guys on the side of the ball, defensive coaches, and say, look, what are we doing to make sure that then they don't get the big explosive place because when you watch Cincinnati, I mean it's almost like, oh man, I mean every time they throw the ball and it's a twenty yard completion, it's like, hey, you know, and look they might not have a rush with all that, but you got to stop that.
Speaker 8: You got to stop some.
Speaker 15: Bleeding somewhere, right if they're running the ball, and as well, you say, coach, you know, we gotta put I don't care if we put nine guys in the box, they're not gonna run the ball. We gotta do something to stop this. So that's part of the discussion.
Speaker 2: Watching the Chiefs yesterday, not surprised they lost in Buffalo. But here is the bigger picture. Draftking still has them with I think Buffalo as the team to beat for the super Bowl the best odds. And I'm going, okay, if I said, would you bet on the Chiefs making the super Bowl or not making the playoffs right now? Because both are a very yeah realistic.
Speaker 15: I think I think they find a way to get into playoffs, right because look, Dan, the more you look at this, and I'm kind of looking at this, I'm gonna look, there's only two teams with seven wins.
Speaker 8: There's what six teams with six wins.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's like all these divisions all of a sudden have kind of they're close. I mean they're close all of a sudden. If I'd have told you, hey, by the way, in week.
Speaker 8: Nine, the Chicago Bears are going to have the.
Speaker 15: Same record as the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lines. You say, coach, what you're talking about? Oh, they all got five wins? Five five five wins. It's so you sit here and every time you think you figured out a division or a team, you go, they're all the same, right I mean, Dan, I mean, we generally have a team that town runs away from everybody.
Speaker 8: That's not the case anymore.
Speaker 2: But your eyes don't lie when you like, you can tell me, let's take the record out of this.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes you look at a team and you know, the Bears aren't as good as the Lions or the Packers, but they're you know, on equal footing here the Chargers and the Broncos aren't as good as the Chiefs probably in people's minds. But your eyes don't lie when you're watching some of the You know, the Broncos want a really tough game.
Speaker 15: You are correct, and the Broncos are hard out because they don't allow you to score points. They got a young quarterback. They don't give up a lot of points. I mean they hold you under. When a defense can hold you under twenty points last time I checked, that's pretty good, right in this league, in the NFL, where it's a throwing league, everybody can score when and and and so you're running against some teams now that all of a sudden defensively, uh, Seattle Seahawks, they playing good deal. There's the teams that are playing deep and it warms my heart.
Speaker 8: When I see it.
Speaker 15: I go, oh, we can still play defense in this League, right, And I think those teams that can do that, they have the ability to go on the road and beat teams.
Speaker 8: Right when you can play.
Speaker 15: Defense because defense travels, it can play in any any condition. Offense not so much if you're in in the dome, Yeah, but when you get outside, all of a sudden, offenses are the weather kind of predicts.
Speaker 8: We can't throw it fifty times a day, boys, right, It's it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Why was Jaden Daniels in there? Down thirty eight to seven?
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's that. That's a hard one there, And I knew that was gonna come up as soon as I saw it. Yeah, And I think there comes a to where, first of all, we know the players are competitive and they don't ever want to come out.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you got to protect it from yourself.
Speaker 15: And I think there's a point in that third quarter where you're looking at it and you're going, OK, how many possessions do I have left? I got four possessions left probably in this game.
Speaker 8: Ah, coach, we got to have to pull the quarterback right, and you got to make that decision.
Speaker 15: And it's hard, and sometimes you get caught up in the game and you're so competitive you want your good guys in the game, and but there comes a point to where you got I gotta get him out right, because he's already been in or twice.
Speaker 2: And I know that's the point. When I'm watching, I'm going take him out, take him out. I know he just got back. I don't want to give him more reps. I want to protect him long haul. And now now it season's over.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you're not bringing him back.
Speaker 15: I don't care what they say. He's done for the year. I mean, if that's if I'm that, if I'm in that organization, I'm going ahead.
Speaker 8: We can look.
Speaker 15: We we got to now, you know, three times in one years a lot.
Speaker 8: So let's just rest him.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking to Herm Edwards of the Mothership. Yeah, I got the odds here. Super Bowl odds. The Bills have the best odds. Then it's the Chiefs, then it's the Rams. Matthew Stafford has stayed healthy, Herm, and I thought if he stayed healthy, I thought they were going to beat the Eagles last year. If that game goes sixty seconds more, they probably win that game. I just don't like he's been incredible. When you talk about MVP candidate, we might not be talking about him, but Stafford has been wonderful.
Speaker 8: He's unbelievable. He's fun to watch and look, and.
Speaker 15: They were winning games without Nicola now he's back. And their defense doesn't get a lot of credit.
Speaker 8: They do a nice job too.
Speaker 15: This is a very well coordinated team. They can run the football, they can throw the football.
Speaker 8: They play good defense. They have the elements that can travel. They look, I know they they you know they playing a dome and all that. They can play outside. This team it ain't one of them teams. Oh I got to play a dome. No, no, no, no, no, they can go play outside. Right.
Speaker 15: They're a tough football team.
Speaker 8: It's shit. They're in a division.
Speaker 15: Do I look at that division like, oh wow, everyone's got six wins over there.
Speaker 2: Seattle's got six.
Speaker 15: San Francisco, believe it or not, with all the injuries, San Francisco still finding ways to win football games. And then the Rams. The Rams are probably the fun team to watch because of how they play offense. Right, it's just like, wow, look at this stuff. Man, it's just fun. And then you marvel at Matthew Stafford, and you Matthew mentioned Matthew Stafford. We got to tip our hat to this guy. How about Joe Flacco, I mean Joe Flacco. It's almost like he just hey, he leaves for a couple of weeks. Get him at the bus stop, Hey, Joe, come on in here. And all he does is throw touchdowns. Guy, the guy just throws touchdouts.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, unbelievable. He's doing exactly what Joe Burrow would be doing. Yes, but the defense has been terrible here. It is. The Bengals are the first team to lose consecutive games in which they scored thirty eight or more. You have to go back to nineteen sixty six last time that happened.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you would think when in the NFL you score thirty points, you gonna win a lot of football games.
Speaker 8: But that's not the league has and me you.
Speaker 15: Dan, you you've covered the league as long as I've been involved in it. It's just it's amazing what these quarterbacks can do and these offenses can do to you now, and how.
Speaker 8: They can score.
Speaker 15: It's just like it's almost reminds you of college football.
Speaker 8: Something like this NFL. Man, they just score if.
Speaker 15: You don't have a pass rush and you don't tackle well you got a problem. You've got a major problem. And there's a lot of teams that don't have those two.
Speaker 2: Convince me that what you saw with the Colts is not part of a bigger picture, bigger problem for this too.
Speaker 8: Well, this was the test for the Colts.
Speaker 15: And I've been saying, look, he went from Danny Dimes to Indiana Jones when he was in Indiana, and then he plays Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh just lost the prior.
Speaker 8: Week at home. And I said it, I'm a studio.
Speaker 15: I said, Pittsburgh ain't losing another one at home, boys, And you know what showed up, kind of like the Ravens have done in the last couple of weeks. The Pittsburgh defense showed up and it was like, oh, boy, Dan, he had no shot. They had no shot to win that game. The way that defense played five sacks turnover that.
Speaker 8: He had no shot. It was like, oh, and so now you off for the Colts. I hey, you know every week they were.
Speaker 15: Winning, when they were winning and kept standing, the wheels are coming off, and then they just kept winning and finally said maybe they're a really good team.
Speaker 8: And then they played and now you're scratching your head again. Well, what kind of team are they?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 8: I think they win the division? Right?
Speaker 15: I mean, the Jaguar's gonna win the division. No, Houston Texas gonna win a division. No, Tennessee, the Titan's gonna win a division. No, it's their division to lose. Indianapolis coach are going to win the division.
Speaker 2: Explain to me how the Packers at home? Yeah, lose to I'm gonna give Carolina credit. Okay, they played well and they run the football. They kept it close. But you're the Packers at home.
Speaker 15: That was an eye You're right, Dan, because that's a special place. And I know that being a former player going to Green Bay, playing there and coaching against the Packers as well. The Packers played down to the competition. And here's my take on it.
Speaker 8: Two. You know what I said, think about it, man.
Speaker 15: This year, for some reason, they're bringing back to these old uniforms, and almost ninety percent of the teams that wore those old uniforms they lose. When I looked at the Green Bay practice and they had that old helmet on, I said, these.
Speaker 8: Boys are today.
Speaker 15: No Trump, If you want to wear those uniforms, wear them in practice.
Speaker 8: Don't wear them in a real game.
Speaker 15: I mean, I saw the Chargers wear that banana suit they had on a and I said, that is the.
Speaker 8: Ugliest looking thing I've ever seen. They lost.
Speaker 15: Pittsburgh went back to that old uniform.
Speaker 8: They lost. Every time I turn around when they.
Speaker 15: Put on that suits, them old suits, I go, they're gonna lose.
Speaker 8: You don't want to see those those suits.
Speaker 2: Although Seattle brought back the Jim Zorn uniform and that.
Speaker 8: Was okay, We're used to that one. When they take it way.
Speaker 2: Back, can't take it too far back.
Speaker 8: No, that's mountain.
Speaker 2: What do you expect? Is this going to be a game tonight? Can this be a game tonight with the Cowboys and the Cardinals?
Speaker 8: If you're the Cowboys, you don't want to make it a game.
Speaker 15: This offense can score now they can, and the Cardinals are struggling some. But the offense of the Dallas Cowboys, you know, prior to the last couple of weeks, this is a number.
Speaker 8: One offense in the league. Now their defense wasn't very good.
Speaker 15: Jerry, Jerry, poor Jerry, he just can't figure it out. He's got he's got this high flat offense and Dak Prescott was playing at MVP level last couple of weeks. You know, until you know. But this offense is fun to want. But the defense then they can't stop anybody. I mean they can now, so Arizona might have a chance, but I don't think they can keep up with the pace of the Cowboys offense.
Speaker 2: Do you think Jerry does something? We saw the Eagles. They made a move here, They made a couple of moves. Does Jerry go after one of these edge rushers? Does he try to go re engage with the Raiders with Max Osby Trey Hendrickson with the Bengals?
Speaker 15: I would I would think it had a conversation there.
Speaker 8: They're three four and one.
Speaker 15: They got to heal the climb to get to the playoffs, right, I mean they're worth the worst, the worst case scenario.
Speaker 8: Can they get in as a wild card? I don't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Could they have gotten in with Micah Parsons?
Speaker 15: He helps you in this sense. But here's the problem. They can't stop the run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they brought in a run stopper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they're and their thirty seconds. One guy can't do it.
Speaker 15: You need linebackers too, you know, you need some other guy.
Speaker 8: One guy just can't do it by hisself.
Speaker 15: He may he may control the A gap, but there's another A gap over there on the other side.
Speaker 8: There's two B gaps they can run too.
Speaker 15: And the last time I checked, you better have some linebackers.
Speaker 8: They can step up in there and play those gaps.
Speaker 2: Uh, Is anybody around you there at the mother Ship? Are you in a room by yourself?
Speaker 8: No, I'm over here. I'm over here in a radio row. You know, lo I slipped over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't know if people wanted to know who you were talking to.
Speaker 8: But they know I told him who else?
Speaker 2: Okay, tell everybody there. I said, hello, all right, I will. I will great to talk to you, buddy. Thank you, thank you. That's Herm Edwards, former coach. He coached at Arizona State with Jayden Daniels before Jayden went to LSU. A former defensive bank. I don't think I was covering the Giants when Herm was playing. When's the last year that Herm played for the Eagles? Because he had the infamous Joe Pisarcik fumble that he took back when they were trying to hand it off to Larry Zonka and Herm was the defensive back one of the most famous plays in NFL history. I don't think he was. I think I was there in eighty three, Yes, PAULI.
Speaker 14: Herm Edwards played with the Eagles from seventy seven till the eighty five seasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, then I was probably at a Giant's game when hern was in uniform, which means I'm really old. Herm's old. I'm really old. All right, We're gonna settle on our poll question here. We uh have more of your phone calls as well. Each seven to seven three DP show just getting started on this Monday, Dan and the Dan Nets. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the play of the day.
Speaker 13: Matters my gun, I'm play.
Speaker 2: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Check this out full count.
Speaker 3: Hoffin delivers, bro Haas hits it in the air left field.
Speaker 8: This ball's got some carry.
Speaker 15: It is gone.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 8: In Game seven's tied.
Speaker 3: Miguelrojas off the bench in Game six on the board in Game.
Speaker 2: Seven, courtesy of the Dodgers Radio network AM five seventy so. Rojas has two extra base hits in fifty eight career postseason plate appearances, both of them game tying home runs. That's your play of the day. Play the day brought to you by well the great folks at Jaylab. I got the headphones on right now if you were out for your walk. They got great earbuds for you as well. They also have some ambassadors, Julian Sayan, the Ohio State quarterback who looked awesome over the weekend, Indiana's Fernando Mendoza as well. JLab dot com promo code DAN twenty. That's twenty percent off. You'll find them on Amazon or look for the blue box at a retailer near you. That's JLab dot com. See can you give me early poll results please? Yeah, we're putting up their worst loss of the weekend. We're going to go two from the NFL, two from college football. I can always adjust this if you want, but we have Bengals, Colts, the Miami Hurricanes, and Clemson. Those are your options for the worst loss this weekend. Yeah, Hurricanes losing to SMU Oh, not good. That's yeah, it's when you lose. That's the key. Like Georgia Tech, what a great season, and then all of a sudden you lose to NC State. Oh man, it's when you lose, all right. So do you want to give me a recap there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have up there Bengals, Colts, Miami Hurricanes, and Clemson up there. We also have another one here from Paul. He just sent over the worst loss or most painful loss ever, Blue Jays losing to the Dodgers in Game seven. You have Falcons Patriots in the Super Bowl. You have Red Sox Mets nineteen eighty six, Cubs losing to the Marlins in two thousand and three, or Jean van de Veld nineteen ninety nine Open British Open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 14: I was just thinking, off the top of my head the most painful losses for a team and a fan base all time, And I know twenty eight three with the Falcons is right up there. But they had time to win it and get back into it. The Blue Jays, I think we may be underestimating the pain of this loss. They were an inch away with the slide at home. They were a bobbled ball in the outfield in the bottom of the ninth. If it wasn't caught, this is all time to me pain.
Speaker 2: It did feel like they lost the World Series.
Speaker 14: An inch away at home.
Speaker 2: Yep, and the Dodgers came through with what they needed to, but the Blue Jays allowed them to have that opportunity. It felt like Toronto had a chance, great chances to win that numerous chances to win that put it away. But it's a credit to Dave Roberts had one of the great World Series managerial games of all time. When you start swapping out, you know, all of a sudden, you're pitching staff, all of a sudden, you're gonna leave Yamamoto out there. Here is Dave Roberts after the game.
Speaker 17: It's nice when you can look down the roster and have twenty six guys that you believe in and know that at some point in time their numbers are going to be called. And that's kind of what happened. And so you know, Mickey row I talk about the game honors you, and you know right there, the game honitor him. He does things the right way and he deserved that moment. And what Yoshi did tonight, you know, is unprecedented, you know, in modern day baseball, and you know, just the young guys coming out there.
Speaker 8: With the arms and just the big plays.
Speaker 17: And again it's been a long season.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 17: We start out in Tokyo and ended up north of the border.
Speaker 2: So just part of this group of ya. Momoto first pitcher to win Game six and seven of a World Series since Randy Johnson did it in two thousand and one. All right, a few more phone calls in here eight seven to seven to three DP show Chris and Syracuse.
Speaker 18: Hi, Chris, Hey, Thanks, dany I got a best and worst for you. Yeah, and Dave Roberts moving Will Smith up in the lineup was a great move too. And also when you're talking to herm Edwards, he's the father of the Victory formation thanks to the miracle and the metal Lands. Yeah and yeah, my worst than New York Giants. It's decimated by injuries and too bad because Jackson Dart looks good and my best JJ McCarthy and Jalen nayl are hooking up on a great pass and catch to ice the game for the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Chris. Jackson Dart first rookie in NFL history to have both the rushing and passing touchdown in four consecutive games. The Giants have found their quarterback. I don't know if they're going to keep that coaching staff, but they've had a lot of injuries, and you know, when you don't have neighbors in there who can be you know, up there with Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson, I think you lose a scataboo. But it does feel like there's hope there. That's all you want is my hope is attached to how good my quarterback is. Because if you're a Dolphin fan right now, do you have hope? If you're a Browns fan, do you have hope? Jets fan, do you have hope? Carolina? I don't know if you have hope, but they're playing well, you know what, Marvin?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I disagree. If you're above five hundred and you feel like you have your franchise quartera.
Speaker 2: Do you think you have your franchise quarterback? Oh?
Speaker 6: If I'm a Pathers fan, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You think Bryce Young is a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, let me correct myself. I think he's a starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: Well that's different. It's different. By the way, what do you think the points spread is tonight? The Cowboys are hosting the Cardinals. Cardinals don't have Kyler Murray. Paul, four and a half, three and a half. Without Kyler Murray, I.
Speaker 14: Think a lot of people think Jacoby Brissett is as good or better.
Speaker 2: The over under is fifty three and a half. No, d Yeah, they're expecting this to be a shootout there, but three and a half. I was kind of surprised at them. So Bryce Young starting quarterback, not franchise quarterback, Mormon.
Speaker 6: But if you're a Panthers fan, you gotta feel good period. Yes, yes, yes, talk about how you thought about your team a year ago. Okay, So I feel good regardless of who the quarterback is. We're winning, Okay, But eventually you have to have that franchise quarterback. He's the number one pick, so we better treat him like a franchise court. You picked the number one overall.
Speaker 2: No, he better be great, right, not? Wow, I'm surprised he's really good. He's the number one pick in the draft.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Paul, it feels like Bryce s Young is out of the bust zone where it's not going to work out. He's going to be bad.
Speaker 2: You have to move on.
Speaker 14: I know they got a long way to go, what kind of contract, but he feels like he's out of that bust zone.
Speaker 2: Lucas and Texas.
Speaker 19: Hi, Luke, Hey Dan, good morning, Good morning, happy start of the week to you, the three Day Nets and the original bathroom Guy, if you know what I mean. So a couple of best from the weekend. I'll say real quick, just a worst. You just feel awful for the Blue Jay fans. It's just miserable to see two best. The best from Sunday night. The uniform matchup overall was just great between Washington and Seattle. I know that the Commanders couldn't use the old logo, but the colors looked great. It just looked really good on prime Time. The other best I got to watch a Big ten Network game this week. I got to watch Michigan State and Minnesota. It was a great close overtime game and when the captains go out for the overtime coin toss, I learned that Minnesota football has a captain whose name is Derek Lake Captain, l E captain. It was the greatest football name for a position that I've ever seen. It was It was a fun weekend. Uh just ready to get this week going.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, Thank you Lucas Lake Capitan,