Speaker 1: You know what's weird about your quizzes, Katie, is that all the work is right and just the answers are wrong. I know that having a boyfriend may seem like the most important thing in the world right now, but you don't have to dumb yourself down to get guys to like you.
Speaker 2: It's time for America's favorite trivia game, You Versus Victoria. Your chance to take on Victoria Ramirez in an epic game of trivia for the weekend tickets. Chay and now to meet our beautiful contestant all the way from wherever they're from, Genevieve.
Speaker 3: Where are you from, I'm from Olympia.
Speaker 2: All right, are you ready to take on Victoria? I?
Speaker 4: Sure am, We're we're on.
Speaker 5: Did you hear my trash talk?
Speaker 6: I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 5: I felt a little bad.
Speaker 6: But what are your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Well, yes, you know, and I'm so nice. I don't know really how to trash talk on the spot, but I'll put my hands mat on suit and take you to the cleaner's own.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing I could think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, here, here we go.
Speaker 2: Victoria's gonna leave the studio thirty seconds answered as many questions as possible. If you don't know one, just say pass and Victoria has to beat you outright to win. Are you ready to go, Genevieve?
Speaker 4: I sure am.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Your time starts now. What is the name of the lead character in the Legend of Zelda video game series?
Speaker 7: Shoot Pass?
Speaker 3: What popular sitcom was set in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana?
Speaker 7: Shoot Pass?
Speaker 3: Which actor played Jack in The Titanic?
Speaker 4: Oh Leonardo DiCaprio, which.
Speaker 3: Insect inspired superhero movie was Marvel's first comedic hit.
Speaker 7: Shoot Pass?
Speaker 3: What type of dog is Scooby Doo?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: He's a he's a big.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 4: He's a great team.
Speaker 3: He's an armaduke.
Speaker 2: All right, bring Victoria back in the studio and while she's getting settled, Genevieve, what's something interesting that you would like to tell us about yourself today?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: I mentioned I'm a floral designer, which is probably why I'm not just great at trivia. And I'm actually heading to the Northwest Flower and Home Show, and I was stuck in traffic, so pulled up. I actually have an incident response truck.
Speaker 4: Sitting behind me.
Speaker 6: The thumb up and I'm like I'm okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite thing to do with flowers? That's a really weird sounding question. Nah, what's up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like to throw pedals in the air and dance into them. But I also do gick a bana, so it's yeah, it's a really cool Japanese silt floral design.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's dope.
Speaker 2: Before yeah, yeah, well, because I wanted to do both side trees and then I look up weird stuff like that and then I was like, that's cool. I want to get into that. But then I was like, there's too many things jubowl that you want to do. Do you have time to take up ikebana and bon saie? And I had a conversation with myself and I was like yes, and then I was.
Speaker 6: Like thinking about all the other things that you want.
Speaker 2: To do, right, and then ultimately we said NoMBe one day, Genevieve. Right here we go, Victoria thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, just say pass yep and you have to beat Jenevi Jennie outright to win. Yeah, Genevieve, you can tell Victoria windy goo.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I have the incidents response person talking to me?
Speaker 3: Go, What is the name of the lead character in the Legend of Zelda video game series. Zelda one popular sitcom was set in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana.
Speaker 8: Uh what?
Speaker 5: What was the question? Change things next?
Speaker 3: Which actor played Jack in The Titanic?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: I know his name.
Speaker 3: I know his name.
Speaker 5: Oh, my gosh, what's his name?
Speaker 3: DiCaprio, which insect inspired superhero movie was Marvel's first comedic hit, Blue Beetle That a comedic hit.
Speaker 2: Wait in all right, sitting over to the scoreboard and see how you did. Nina's out today. So our social media producer Gabby has your score.
Speaker 6: Victoria, you got one?
Speaker 5: Cry yeah, And Genevieve got.
Speaker 2: To Okay, Genevieve, she just guy was like, I don't think she's there yet. She's start talking to the is it a response team or whatever?
Speaker 3: But congratulations.
Speaker 2: You won't get this wrapped up quick.
Speaker 6: So you can get on your way in the Toway zone.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll hurry up and get the answers and then you can get on your way. We'll get the answers now with Brad.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Link is the name of the lead character in the Legend of Zelda. Really, Parks and Recreation is the popular sitcom and Pawnee, Indiana. Leonardo DiCaprio did play Jack in Titanic. Aunt Man is the insect inspired superhero movie that was a comedic kit and Scooby Doo is a great Dane.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Genevieve, congratulations and thank you for playing.
Speaker 7: Thank you for letting me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you play you verus Victoria the same time every single weekday morning. Remember, if you want to play Victoria, all you have to do is DMUs at the Jebel Show or go to the jubilshow dot com.
Speaker 10: It's another Jubile phone frame mornings on the twenties.
Speaker 6: Hello, it's Eddie and I need you to come pick it up?
Speaker 11: What a hello?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 6: No, what I need you to come pick it up?
Speaker 4: Come pick what up? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: My name is Eddie.
Speaker 4: Hell Okay, Hello, I don't like what do you need me to come pick up?
Speaker 3: I'm calling from with a package for a Maggie.
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, there is a package that I'm waiting for.
Speaker 6: Your package for three days now and you haven't picked it up yet.
Speaker 14: What are you talking about?
Speaker 15: I stay here in my living room, and I'm tempted to open it because you haven't come pick it up yet.
Speaker 4: Why is it in your living room? Because I ordered a package, it should be delivered to me.
Speaker 6: I don't Yeah, I can't do it. What the heck?
Speaker 4: I looked in the thing.
Speaker 13: The shipping said that it was like delayed two days.
Speaker 15: And it's been at my house for two days now, sitting there, and I have half a mind to open it up.
Speaker 16: Why the is it at your house?
Speaker 6: I picked?
Speaker 4: I got it be delivered here.
Speaker 15: Listen, I've been driving for this company for probably longer than you've been alive. Oh, try to find your address, but the GPS lady won't shut up when I'm trying to drive, so I had to turn it off and I couldn't find your house.
Speaker 13: Okay, well it needs to be delivered to my house.
Speaker 17: I'm waiting for that.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm waiting for you to come pick it up.
Speaker 18: No, I will not come pick it up.
Speaker 4: That's not how this worked. Like I paid for the services. It should be delivered to my house. That's why I paid what I paid.
Speaker 6: It got stairs too.
Speaker 4: What do you mean I have to please? Please? Just I don't care.
Speaker 6: I do not castairs.
Speaker 4: That Are you kidding me?
Speaker 13: I am, oh my god, I need that package. It's already late.
Speaker 12: I paid for the services.
Speaker 4: It should be delivered here.
Speaker 12: I don't care who you are or if you don't want to walk up or down.
Speaker 6: I do not care.
Speaker 4: You need to get the package to me.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: You want me to open it up?
Speaker 13: No, I just oh, I'm like, oh my god, let me see if I understand this.
Speaker 16: Like you're saying that you can't deliver the package because you're too old, that you can't like find the address, you don't want to walk up the stairs like you're so you're blaming on your age.
Speaker 6: You should have know what do you talk about?
Speaker 15: All these young kids ordering packages online expect them to be delivered right to their door. Back when I was young and we got a package, we had to go pick it up. We had to walk uphill both ways, sometimes in the snow or a windstorm, and.
Speaker 3: You guys just expect to be handed to you.
Speaker 13: No, this is I don't even know why, Like, you need to get that package to me right now.
Speaker 16: I got.
Speaker 13: I do not give a You need to get that package to me. This cannot be Like, this is not real right now, Like I do not understand. This is ridiculous, Like I have never dealt with something.
Speaker 19: With you.
Speaker 3: Okay, what hey, I'll deliver this package to your door and I'll walk up those stairs.
Speaker 15: Right like you should if you rub my legs when I get up there, because they're gonna be hurting.
Speaker 4: Oh that's just I will not. This is insane.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna call your company. This is like I cannot even believe this is happening right now. You should have fired so long.
Speaker 4: This is insane.
Speaker 3: Fine, I'll just let you know it's a prank phone call.
Speaker 4: Then what do you what?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: It's a prank call?
Speaker 15: This is actually Jubil from the Jubil Show doing a phone prank on you and your husband set you up. Oh you've been waiting on a package to be delivered. It's like three days later. Now you wanted to mess with you?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, oh my gonna seriously I.
Speaker 4: Was, I was about ready to really go off on this guy.
Speaker 12: I cannot believe it.
Speaker 10: Wake up every morning with Jubile phone franks, we say, mornings on the twenties.
Speaker 2: All right, now it's time for Nina's what's trending with bread producing.
Speaker 3: Ethan Hawk is in the news because casting directors have revealed that when they cast a movie or a TV show or something like that, they've they actually not only do they turn into the executive producers a list of people that they want to cast, Oh wow, but it's the number of total followers of that cast. What So now it depends on your social media? Yeah, And Ethan Hawk is coming out against it, and it's like, dude, protein shakes and mere selfies is not method, acting like like he's really upset about it.
Speaker 2: Man, Like, Uh, there's all kinds of people that get jobs just based on the followers.
Speaker 5: But that sucks because then the movie suffer sometimes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. And he's he's pretty upset about it because a lot of the main actors want to start deleting their socials because they're just tired of it. Like people are trying to get a cleanse from social media right now in a lot of different ways. I did the same thing. I deleted all the apps and I just will only check it online or whatever. But they're saying that their cast their agents won't let them delete their social media because they need different jobs. Yeah, and then they have to and so if they still want it, like Ethan Hawk's a big star, so the still want to cast Ethan Hawk, they now have to cast like ten people over here that would have equalled his followers. Oh wow wow, Okay, so it's a whole game.
Speaker 20: Those people who actually, like are really talented don't gain those followers until they're in like a big movie where it really shines.
Speaker 2: And it's a lot of work to gain to get followers on social media, of course it is. And for example, like if you're Ethan Hawk and you're a serious actor and you're method acting and you're getting ready for a role, you can't also be on TikTok, right, right, So how do you do how do you do the things you need to do for social and get ready for these roles. It's pretty impossible. Yeah, And so like you can't get the followers. That's why a lot of like instead up comedy. For example, a lot of the funniest comics are people that have the smallest following. Yeah, and the ones that are like would they in the comedy world, you would consider not the funniest guy has a huge following. What they get more gigs than the people. Like some of the most hilarious people that I've ever met are terrible at social media.
Speaker 3: This is why I get so annoyed with the Travis Kelsey situation. The guy's not talented outside of football, yet we're all being told he's talented because he's got a lot of followers, he's connected to Taylor Swift. It's wild to me. Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I'm just very happy that my followers are going up. Yes, that I'm less talented, now, I'm good with it.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Delta Airlines is offering thirty thousand dollars cash money, no strings to each passenger after that crash in the on the runway in Toronto and it flipped over. Nobody died, thankfully, but the exploded. The plane exploded, the wings blew off.
Speaker 5: So you get like years of therapy, but thirty thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Probably, Yeah, I'm assuming the therapy will run out. It's probably a certain amount of sessions, you know, like any ppo. Okay, h Norway's fur farming man is official. You're not allowed to farm for fur in Norway. Peters pop and Champagne.
Speaker 2: My retirement plan. Yeah, you were going to move to Norway and then become a fur farm.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to do that. It's been my live stream.
Speaker 6: I know somebody who was in Norway and I always want to go visit her.
Speaker 3: But this is I think this is the first ever banning of fur farming. So it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 5: I didn't know there's a thing called fur farming.
Speaker 3: Why do you think fur jackets are made? Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Thought they just kind of came.
Speaker 2: From Oh so they raised the animals on a farm and then they uh, they're animals raised.
Speaker 3: For for for fur.
Speaker 5: They don't kill them, they just shave them, right.
Speaker 2: No, fur comes with the hide, right, the good woods do. Yeah, that's so sad.
Speaker 5: I thought it was just like they just got to shave like a clean cut.
Speaker 3: There is some of that as well, right, but a real fur coat comes with the hide. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, there is no feeling like a real mink. You, I mean, if you want to feel alive, sometimes some things have to be unlive.
Speaker 18: It's time to Catch a Cheater Only on the Jubile Show.
Speaker 2: Camilla is on the phone today for to Catch a Cheater, and she's been with her boyfriend Jonathan for two years, but now she says things are a little suspects, so we'll see if we can help her out. Sorry, you're in that situation, Camilla. But what's up? Why do you think Jonathan's.
Speaker 3: Cheating on you? Well?
Speaker 19: I was going through Jonathan's did bag while I was grabbing his keys, you know, rooting around, and I found this bracelet, this gold bracelet in his bag, and it had an engraving on it and it said Forever Yours l Now, clearly, Camilla does not start with a nail, and it's clearly feminine bracelet, and it just definitely does not belong to me.
Speaker 6: Forever yours Elle. So who But wouldn't it be to somebody whose name starts with ell? That's a woman?
Speaker 15: Then?
Speaker 6: So what did he give it to? Something? Yeah, I see what you're saying. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, got it, got it, got it. I was really struggling for a minute to go down that vab.
Speaker 19: So he had an ex. They were pretty serious, and her name was Lauren, and so I was suspicious.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 19: Here's the thing, though, I wouldn't have thought anything about it, but his behaviors didn't kind of weird lately. I mean, he's been staying late at work and he's been acting distracted when we're together. So I just it's so frustrating because I just I don't like confrontation, and I'm hoping that there's a reasonable explanation, but I don't like want to ruin our relationships. So it's like, really tight wrote that I'm walking, Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you do have to know. So you didn't say anything to him about.
Speaker 4: It then, M No, I've just been like what do I do?
Speaker 12: What do I do?
Speaker 19: So I was like, Okay, I will call you, guys, because you've always seemed so helpful with other people, so I'm hoping you can help me.
Speaker 2: Have you ever suspected him of teting before or anything else?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 6: Okay no, but he's just he's never acted like this before.
Speaker 19: And then I found the bracelet, and I'm just like, Okay, well, what am I.
Speaker 4: Supposed to think?
Speaker 3: Is there any l that you know of in his life? That bracelet could be from.
Speaker 6: The only person I could think is his ax Lauren? Well what if he found No? I mean, that is a really that would be a huge coincidence because I'm like Okay, well, what if he found it somewhere and then just put it in his bag meaning to take it to like Lost and found or something.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping that's why.
Speaker 19: But I mean, I think it's so weird. Like, yeah, I say, he's been staying late at work and he's just been so distracted.
Speaker 6: I'm like, do you know if Lauren's in a relationship? Do you know anything about her life right now?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 19: I'm the kind of person I don't stalk my significant others exes.
Speaker 6: It's like, so, yeah, well good, I mean, sounds that's the healthy thing to do. I'm just curious. Yeah, I like to leave the past in the past.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then you already told us what grocery store he's a rewards member at, So we'll call and pretend to be from the grocery store and do the usual.
Speaker 3: Will say that every.
Speaker 2: Single month, we choose one random rewards card member who gets free flowers delivered from our floral department as our special way of saying thank you very much for shopping with us. And we'll see if he believes that, and if he does, if he sends the flowers to you or to somebody else, maybe Laura, and or hopefully not though so good, so much. Yep, we'll play us on come Back and then get your to Catch a teeter Right after this.
Speaker 5: It's time to Catch a Cheater only.
Speaker 6: On the Tuble show.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of To Catch a Cheater and if you're just joining us, Camilla is on the phone and she suspects that her boyfriend of two years might be messing around, so we're gonna see if we can help her out. We're about to call him and pretend to be from the grocery store that he's a rewards card member at and say that every single month, we choose one rewards member who gets free flowers delivered from our Florida department. And we'll see if you believe that, and if he does, who he sends the flowers to and can Before we do that, why don't you kind of recap your situation for us real quick?
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 12: Just quickly.
Speaker 19: I was going through his gym bag because I was looking for his keys, and I found a bracelet that had an engraving on it and it said Forever Yours l And he's been acting weird lately, like being late at work and being distracted all the time. And his ex who he was really serious with, is named Lauren. So I don't know if there's something going on. I'm hoping not, but I just this is the only thing I could think to do is to call you.
Speaker 3: Guys, Are you ready for us to call him and see?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Corbel calling from I was looking for our rewards card member named Jonathan.
Speaker 3: This is Jonathan Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Hi, Please don't hang up. This is not a marketing phone call. I'm actually calling to say congratulations, you're this most big winner waiting.
Speaker 3: I won something. Yeah, maybe you didn't know.
Speaker 2: Every single month, we choose one card member to get free flowers delivered from our floor department, our way of saying thank you very much for shopping with us. You've won thirty six long stimmer red roses, a box of candy or chocolate, and a card to be delivered to anybody that you want with in the fifty United States, Absolutely free. It's at three hundred and sixteen dollars value.
Speaker 3: Oh I all right, thank you so much for you.
Speaker 6: You don't need my credit card or anything, right, there's no catch to this.
Speaker 2: There's no catch at all, no purchase nothing, You've already made a bunch of purchases. Just our way of saying thank you very much for being such a loyal customer and we appreciate your business. And it works pretty easy. I can take the information of the person in a matter of minutes over the phone.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 3: This is pretty exciting. I had no idea you even do this.
Speaker 21: So if it's totally free, then sure, yeah, I'll accept the offer.
Speaker 2: Great, And then anything you might want to put on a card and then I will get the address after that.
Speaker 21: Okay, so I'm gonna send it to Camilla and you can say, I guess Camilla, I love you. And I also know that you're listening to this right now on the radio.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, joy, enjoy your flowers.
Speaker 21: And I'm guessing that you found the bracelet, which is why.
Speaker 3: You're doing this.
Speaker 6: But I can explain it if you'll let me.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, yeah, Jonathan, thanks for taking a lot of my sales.
Speaker 6: This is the Jubile Show.
Speaker 3: It's a radio show.
Speaker 2: We do a second called it to Catch a Peter, where if you think your significant other might be messing around you ask us to see who they send flowers to, and obviously you know what this is, and you know that Camilla's on the phone, and you know even the reason why she wanted to do this. So I guess I'll just let Camilla say hi and let you guys talk for a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hi, Cedie.
Speaker 18: I'm so sorry that I called the radio station, but I just I didn't know how to bring this up with you, and so I just had to know you know that I found the bracelet, Like how how did you know?
Speaker 19: Like whose bracelet is it?
Speaker 21: I just said so many questions, so I know that you're acting kind of weird, and I kind of figured you found the bracelet and that that was why it's say to tell you, but you kind of beat me do all this with the radio. So it belongs to Lily. That's who's braceletly like these are your knee and Lily, Yeah, she was over.
Speaker 12: Last week and she left it at our plate.
Speaker 11: So I put in my dog so that.
Speaker 21: Next time I see her or my brother, I could give it to either one of them, but I just didn't. I actually saw him the other day, but I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 21: It's in my mind to give it to him back.
Speaker 6: But it's yeah, it's not another woman, it's not anything like that.
Speaker 12: It belongs to our new And I.
Speaker 19: Mean even so like distracted and even stingingly at work, and I just I didn't know what to think.
Speaker 4: I mean, everything okay with you.
Speaker 21: I mean, I think you're seeing things that aren't there, because yeah, work's been dizzy, but it's been nothing out of the normal, and you know you've been acting weird.
Speaker 11: But I do get it, Like it does make sense given that you found.
Speaker 21: The space that have my jim bag, Like I got it.
Speaker 4: It had like, you know, not.
Speaker 21: Your initial so I could see how you know, it's a little concerning and you could think something was going on, yeah, because I I mean, I just didn't know how to talk to you about it.
Speaker 6: So so are you both non confrontational because I mean, you know, if you knew that something was off with Camilla, I'm just surprised that neither one of you addressed the weird behavior. Maybe you make a little pact moving forward to test your you know, discomfort, because otherwise we're going to be calling you a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm really sorry for jumping to conclusions. I just, yeah, well, I'm.
Speaker 21: Sorry for not bringing it up and like also not giving the brain slip back right away. So sorry for yeah, mentioning it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sweetie. I just care about you so much, and I was just scared about, like, how do I approach you. I'm just I'm sorry I didn't talk to you right away.
Speaker 6: He sounds so sweet.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry I made you come on the radio to talk about this.
Speaker 21: No, it's okay, Like I should have told you earlier. So yeah, I'm sorry about about that, and I'm sorry for making you feel like you even had to come.
Speaker 20: On the radio.
Speaker 2: I think you guys are good. I don't think there's a chance either of you cheats on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just think that that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are going to have a long, happy relationship of apologizing to each other.
Speaker 6: It's hard for people to do so least that parts master.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Jewel Shows to catch a cheetah.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Two men used a cannon in an attempt to smuggle two hundred thousand dollars worth of contraband into a prison.
Speaker 3: It's the Jewbel Show.
Speaker 2: Is that a real news story or is that a fake news story a real It's time for real news or fake news, the segment where we give you a news headline and you have to figure out if it's a real one or a fake one. It's a lot harder than it sounds to try to figure out what is real news and what is fake news. But welcome to it, and that is a real news story.
Speaker 3: Yes it was.
Speaker 2: Two men from Louisiana were arrested when they attempted to use a cannon to smuggle two hundred thousand dollars worth of contraband into a federal prison.
Speaker 19: Wow.
Speaker 2: The story also reports that the cannon had a range of over three hundred and fifty feet o so theoretically it could have worked if they had been a little bit quieter with their attempt.
Speaker 3: We think about that for a second. I just I just went down a whole rabbit hole of like back in the time of wars where you would use cannons, it was only three hundred and fifty feet. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back when they were close, back in the day with those old cannons, they had to be very close.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, that sketchy.
Speaker 20: Besides, try and think this is a good idea, guys, I know our new way.
Speaker 5: To get the drugs in.
Speaker 2: Also, how are they going to get their return on that money?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: That's funny.
Speaker 3: There has to be another cannon in the prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where the whoever got it on the other side shoots back the money to them.
Speaker 6: I guess I don't think they thought that far.
Speaker 3: You right, just give it to a guard either way. Now they can just be in the prison. Real news or fake news?
Speaker 2: Major city tests new walk and text lanes for distracted pedestrians. Is that a real news story or a fake news story?
Speaker 20: Please tell me that's fake guys. We can't be there just yet. Please tellers, We're not.
Speaker 3: There just yet. Everybody knows good government meets the people where they are, and if they can't stop the walking and texting, then they need to make space for it. This is a real story.
Speaker 2: Bred is obviously into politics, But that is actually a fake news story. Wheel Yeah, it says, well, some cities have experimented with pedestrian phone lanes. It's not wise, bread or officially enforced yet. Real news or fake news. I give you a news headline and you have to figure out if it's real or fake. It's a lot harder than it sounds Florida man arrested for trying to.
Speaker 15: Florida.
Speaker 2: We'll see Florida man arrested for trying to run to Bermuda in a giant hamster wheel. Trying to run to Bermuda in a giant hamster wheel.
Speaker 5: That's so real. He's coming from Florida.
Speaker 3: Man still saying it's real, Victoria. I think this is a trick. We all know you can't get there in a hamster wheel. You can get there in a hamster ball probably, So we're gonna say, I think this is a trick one. I think it's half true. I'm gonna say fake, but I think there's a real element here.
Speaker 2: Okay, this news story is one hundred percent real. Who he already knew it With Florida, it says a man was detained by the Coast Guard after attempting to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a homemade floating hamster wheel.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: He claimed he was on a voyage for world peace.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 5: Like, that's kind of take a few feet out into the water.
Speaker 3: He got like thirty feet and they're like, what's this guy doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is what in the world? It's real news or fake news where I give you a news headline and you have to see if you can figure out whether it's real news or fake news.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you were going to Coast Guard in Florida, I mean, it's like the lines of the Coast Guard.
Speaker 15: Yeah, all right, real news are fake news. Pigeon arrested in Indie on suspicion of being a spy. Oh idn't arrested in India on suspicion of being a spy? Is that a real new story or a fake news story?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 20: I don't know, because it could have been a drone just dressed up as a pigeon, but EU suns.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna go fake.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this is one pigeons blend in very well, very good choice for a spy, whichever country was using it. We also know that pigeons used to carry letters. We stopped using them for that, and I bet you not to say a conspiracy theory here. We kept a few back that still carry letters, and we taught them to write them as well. That's why that pigeon is a spy.
Speaker 5: Boy, keep them, Brad, you kept them back here.
Speaker 3: We keep them where we keep everything. Obey this is a real news story.
Speaker 9: What ye.
Speaker 2: Authorities in India had been tracking a group of terrorists. They say that we're sending messages letting people know that they should be away. Being mister Pecker to arrive. His name was mister Pecker. And they captured mister Pecker with a securitated mysterious code and coded note attached to its leg near the Pakistani border. Oh my goodness, sparking concerns of espionage.
Speaker 5: I want to know how they caught the pigeon.
Speaker 6: Like this is it just like twenty smolders running around. They're like falling down.
Speaker 5: And then he like the commander be like, someone get the pigeon, and.
Speaker 2: Like the pigeon just freaking out because it doesn't know that it's a spy. It's a pigeon. It was just doing its thing, you know, Like why are all these people chasing me? Also, he stopped at the border. What a terrible pigeon spy. Way, hold on, I'm a bird. I can fly where I want, but I gotta no, I'm not gonna I can't just cross the border.
Speaker 3: I'm a bird. I could see that border. Those real news are fake news. Wow, be careful out there.
Speaker 10: The first date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Rouquel is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jake.
Speaker 6: Why was I always in Jakes?
Speaker 20: Though?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm not sure if it's a state farm guy or not. If you had a red polo, that's probably him, and probably because he's very busy. Roquel, how long has it been since you heard from Jake?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, it's been like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's get into it. Tell us about the date. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 4: So we met at a bar that's also kind of known for their desserts. So my idea was like cocktail and cake, which I thought was really cute.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was like a really fun way to get to know each other. And I mean, truth be totally met online, but like even online, our banter was really great and so I was like super were super happy to when I met him in person, Like he was so funny, he was so so, so so so funny.
Speaker 3: So was he funny online too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like exactly, like he was funny online. But he was even funnier in person.
Speaker 2: That's good, and I feel like that doesn't happen that often. I feel like some people are hilarious over text, but then they kind of get nervous when they're in person.
Speaker 6: You know, it really sucks.
Speaker 2: It does is a big letdown because you show up and you're ready for a show. I'm like, dinner in a show, Yeah, make me laugh, And then it's like, they don't do that?
Speaker 3: Can you just text with me?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Because you were hilarious when you're texting.
Speaker 6: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: It was like a real pleasant surprise for sure.
Speaker 3: And the date was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like we decided to share a slice of the triple chocolate cake like or it was like triple chocolate truffle cake or something. It was so good and we each had martini, so like, you know, it was really nice.
Speaker 6: This is a great date. I'm loving this date idea.
Speaker 4: I thought it was cute date.
Speaker 3: End.
Speaker 4: You know, it ended pretty well, like we were he walked me to my car, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and he was like, yeah, I'll get in touch with you.
Speaker 2: So you got a kiss on the cheek, okay, And then never got in touch with you.
Speaker 4: I mean I basically texted him like a couple of days later, like there was this one thing that happened on the date that was like a little strange. So basically he okay, we're talking. I'm like asking him some cool questions, right like I'm getting to know him. I'm asking him like what's your astrological sine? You know, like I'm really into that stuff, like are you close with your parents? Like blah blah blah, but like the usual stuff. And I did kind of notice that he was on his phone a lot, like towards the end of the date, so like that kind of was a little concerning to me. And then like at one point he excused himself, like after we have our martini and he said he had to go, like all of a sudden. So it was like, oh, okay, weird. I mean, everything was going great until then, and it honestly happened so fast. So he was like, oh I have to go, and I was like, oh okay. So like we paid the bill and I'm like okay. So we walk out to my car. You know, he he kisses me on the cheek. He's like, you know, it has fun. But I have to go, And I was like, I hope our reading's okay, and he just kind of like left. It was it was very kind of strange. The ending was strange.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean it makes you feel like did something happen? What's the deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So like after that, I did text him and I was just like, hey, I hope every reading's okay and nothing, and it's been like I don't know, it's been like ten days or something like almost two weeks.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I would just wonder if you have some I would be kind of nervous, like is this person.
Speaker 4: All right exactly?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is a family emergency?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what I'm thinking where I was like, maybe he just didn't like the idea of like the cocktail and cake, like I thought it was really cute, but I was that's like the only thing, like maybe he just didn't like my judgment and like a place.
Speaker 3: That I think that that might not be it.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a fine date unless he's really against cake more cocktails.
Speaker 6: I mean you know, in that case that's a red flag for a.
Speaker 4: You or like maybe I ate too much with a cake. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then that's also a red flag for you. Yeah, because if he's karenva about how much cake you But we'll figure it out. We'll play a song comeback and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date if you still want one.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, because I really want one.
Speaker 2: Get your first Day.
Speaker 10: Follow up, Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslaw.
Speaker 2: Dot com if you're just joining us for today's first Date follow up. Raquel is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jake. So we're about to see if we can get him on the phone and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date if she's still interested after she hears why. But before we call him, Roquelle, why don't you catch everybody up on the situation with Jake?
Speaker 4: Okay, So basically, we we met online, we decided to get home to this really cute place. It was like a cocktail and dessert type place like get some kay, get some cocktails, and everything was going great, really great conversation, and then you know, kind of halfway through the date. He was like kind about a little strange, like he basically said that he had to go to the bathroom, and when he came back, he was like, oh, I have to leave, like kind of all of a sudden, and I was like, oh, okay, that's strange because the banter was really good. And then he walked me high car he kissed me on the cheek, and then you know, kind of just like rushed out, and I texted him being like I hope everything's okay, and no response, and that was like ten days ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll see if we can help you out. We're going to call him right now and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting you, and see if you want another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, ready, yes, thank you? All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, may speak to Jake. Please. This is Jake. How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbel, and I host a radio show and it's named The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 6: Hi, Jake, jumping right in. Jubel's not by himself. My name is Nina. I'm also on the show.
Speaker 2: Yes she is, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: She's also on the show.
Speaker 6: Jake, how's it going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 14: Fine, why are you guys? Calling from a radio station.
Speaker 2: We do a segment on our show called the First Night follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and find out why. And we got an email about you from someone Jake, Uh huh, And would you like to take a guess at who that person is?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who it is.
Speaker 4: Who is Roquel?
Speaker 2: It is Roquelle. Yes, So Roquelle told us about your date. She said she really liked you, but she can't figure out why your ghosts. So that's why we're here.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, look, you know, look, first of all, Rocollo is super hot. I thought the taking cocktails idea was like super cute, but like it felt like a job interview, you know, Like it felt like she was asking all these questions and like sometimes like before even have a chance to finish by answer, it was like it just felt as she was trying to see if I fit her template of like the perfect guy template, you know, and it was like it literally felt like a job interview. It was like, you know, what are your strengths and weaknesses?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 14: Asking about my family. She like, she asked about the relationship with my mom. Like, I was like, I just met you twenty minutes ago, so I just I get that girl's when I know that stuff.
Speaker 4: But on the first date, like and then.
Speaker 11: I mean asking about my astrological sign. That's fine, but it just I was like, it just felt like it was coming on too strong.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 11: I was just kind of like, you know, in my mind, I was like, have more game, you know, have more game.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to get to know you.
Speaker 3: Take that rock house.
Speaker 2: She was on the phone listing. She's on the phone listing and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 14: Oh, I mean, I just like I didn't realize you were on the phone.
Speaker 4: That's okay. I'm just like, you know, I was disappointed because I really I felt like we had such great banter and I'm like, I'm just like interested in you, and I just I was interested in those things. And I just think, you know, it was a good conversation. They're like they're like conversation starters, you know. And I mean, I'm so sorry that it turned you off. I can certainly you know, tone it down and hotch next time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean no, I get like dating is awkward.
Speaker 14: It's like an awkward thing to do. It's kind of weird. So I mean, I I feel that. But yeah, I mean I'm sorry that I didn't respond.
Speaker 11: I just was kind of like honesty.
Speaker 14: I just think I was really interested again, but you know, I mean, yeah, that's kind of how I was feeling.
Speaker 4: That's why I didn't respond.
Speaker 6: Jake, Can I ask you what types of questions make you feel comfortable? Because I don't know about you guys, but I don't like to waste my time with like, oh, look at the chandelier, it's so beautiful. I'd rather know about you. Yeah, although I probably would talk about it, but deeper conversations are more meaningful than the surface level like how's the weather, like, so what.
Speaker 3: Kind of question.
Speaker 11: I totally agree. Yeah, I totally agree. I think it's I think it's less. Maybe it's less the questions. I mean some of the questions were a little bit much, but like it's more like the style and the like. It just felt like she was reciting a list. It was like, Okay, that's about you, Joseph, So tell me about your mom. Okay, well then tell me about like what's your sign. It was like as if that's what I mean, Like, it wasn't so much like those are those are totally valid questions to ask. It just was like it felt like I was like a candidate to be her husband.
Speaker 6: Huh hhm technically isn't everybody until you're not? I'm sorry, that's much okay, Raquel? Were you nervous?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I was nervous and excited, you know, And I think when I get excited, I just like, you know, kind of like get a little fit fiery, and so I definitely need to work on my delivery, which I am really willing to do, Jake, because I think we really hit it off and I would really love to see you again.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I I'm open to it, like I I feel like again, like it's honestly, it's my bad, like I should have communicated that.
Speaker 14: To you perhaps, but you know how dating is, like sometimes it's just easier just to like move on. But but you know, I you seem like a nice person, and I'm glad that we had this opportunity to clear this up.
Speaker 2: Jake, since you seem since you think Raquel seems like a nice person, would you like to try again and go out another day with Roquel.
Speaker 3: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 2: I would, I would, I'm god hellow Yeah, congratulations Raquel.
Speaker 4: Yay, thank you so much. I'm excited, but I'm keeping it cool.
Speaker 6: Good luck, don't be self conscious. You still do whatever you need to do on this for yourself.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 2: Jake, be yourself as well. I think, yes, I will, and I'm going to be somebody different, but I'll see you on your day though. I'm gonna be somebody weird.
Speaker 6: Look behind the pitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be me.
Speaker 10: Jude's first day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: It's time for Nina's What's Trending. Nina is out sick today, so producer Brad has your trending.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, I was completely unprepared for this and I am going to wing it. But SpaceX's Falcon nine rocket turned into a fireball over Europe after an engine failure caused an uncontrolled re entry. Uncontrolled re entry debris rain down in Poland and possibly Ukraine, damaging prop pretty thankfully injuries, ruh, But I mean space next is famous for being able to catch their rockets and drop them back and be all safe about it. But not this one.
Speaker 2: They've had a few of those happened lately with their launches too, you know, they've had like a couple of launches that have not worked.
Speaker 20: I don't how it comes back into orbit without them knowing, or like how it comes back into.
Speaker 3: Well it turned into a fireball.
Speaker 20: In space or wild was coming back? Was it supposed to come back over Europe? That's what I'm saying, Like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, kind of it comes back into the atmosphere no matter what, even if you're coming back from space. Yeah, that's why they have a part that burns up so that you can send the other stuff through, because it instantly will come bus.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: There was an engine failure. No, it wasn't supposed to happen. There was an engine failure, so all their mak goes lunky when there's an engine failure. And then it caught fire and then debris rained down upon Poland.
Speaker 2: So what was it called a non consensual reentry? Yes, well, so it must have gone up and then the rocket like just flamed out or something right when it got out of the atmosphere, and it didn't have enough to get all the way out to where like the gravity would or zero gravity would take it, so then it probably just plopped back down through the atmosphere and then boom.
Speaker 3: That's exactly like that. And we've all had a rocket that flames out. I don't I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Hold Oh yeah, mine is also, Yeah, kills for it.
Speaker 5: I thought that you were talking about, but I wasn't bullied.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: The NFL just raised its twenty twenty five salary cap to a record breaking two hundred and fifty six point eight million dollars per team.
Speaker 5: So that's how much you can only give each team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so each team has a salary cap. By the way, that's not their full budget. That's just for salaries that they can pay up to two hundred and fifty six point eight million dollars per team.
Speaker 2: So they could literally give one player all that money if they wanted to, you know. But that's the most money they can pay their players.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I guess it's because media and streaming revenues have been booming, so they have more cash now. It's up like twenty it's almost thirty million dollars. That they're adding to the budget.
Speaker 6: Interesting, and.
Speaker 20: How would you feel as the player who got like the least amount, but knowing that that's what the cap was, and so there's like a teammates.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what the NFL's like league minimum is anymore, but it used to be like two hundred grand.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think it's higher than that because the NBA usually has the highest league minimum, which is like a couple million dollars. Whoa, So you could never even play. That's why if I were an athlete, I would want to be the person that sits on the bench on any NBA team because you're making millions and you don't ever have to play. You can be as a practice squad.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually have a friend I went to high school with who ended up on the practice squad for the Ravens. He made four hundred thousand dollars a year and worked like two days a week.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's not bad either.
Speaker 3: The minimum salary for twenty twenty five season for rookies will be eight hundred and forty thousand dollars. Whoa, gee wow minimum. So that's cool too. I would take that job too. Yeah, Like I'm awful. Just beat me up. I'll be I'm literally a paid dummy. Yeah, I'll just go get tackled a few times a week of practice and then you're good.
Speaker 2: Just getting that chill you don't have. You don't have to all the pressure of having to perform on Sunday. You can sit there, you can cheer on the dudes. You can hold a clipboard if you want.
Speaker 3: It's like when I was on track when I was in high school, I was I was a manager, which just means clipboard holder and time taker. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great way to make eight hundred grand.
Speaker 3: What if you're an assistant coach for an NFL team and you're like, you make like, I don't know, a measly three hundred.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't want that because you still have you'd be an assistant coach if you having to do coaching stuff. Yeah, if you were just a player who didn't play, like you literally have to sit there and then be like yeah, we get it, and then high five. You get to high five to the starters. Oh my goodness, dude, you could high five like the good players.
Speaker 6: Hey, you get a touch on them.
Speaker 3: Not only that you're missing out on the biggest opportunity. If you're the benchwarmer for a really good team and they go to the Super Bowl and win, you get the ring. Yeah, every player gets the ring, whether they played in the game or not. You know what I would do?
Speaker 2: Why am I blanket on? The quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs name right now? Patrick Mahomes, Yes, Patrick Mahomes. I would want to be on the Chiefs because you know how athletes like they pat each other on the butt when they do a good play, right, yeah, they I would be on the team, but I wouldn't play, but I would be by him after he made a big play, and then he would probably high five me and then pat me on the butt and instant lawsuit. He's stealing him for sexual harassment. And he's got the most money in the NFL. I've got a good business. Mind's trending.
Speaker 4: Jebles dirty Little Secret?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hey, you have a dirty little secret?
Speaker 3: Yes I do, of course, Sweet. What is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 12: When I was like about like six seven years old, I used to steal money to my mom a lot, okay, and then I took a purse and I end up finding a hundred dollars bill and I took it, and then yes, I did, so I went to the liquid store to get.
Speaker 8: Me a little snack and then it was my first time getting cash back and I'm like, oh crap, I got this money up. And then I came home afterwards, and then I had the money stacked in the bathroom and then I end up forgetting that I left in there, and then and then it was gone, and that I assume it was my mom that took it, and I can't tell her, like, oh, where's my money? I'd be thinking, yeah, and then she'd be thinking like what kind of seven year old boy would have money?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 12: And then I can't say anything because I.
Speaker 9: Would be grounded or whatever you call it.
Speaker 3: Right then she still has your money, Oh yeah, this was like years ago.
Speaker 9: And then I cann't, you know, just tell her. And then and then I end up stealing more money from her.
Speaker 12: Your mom.
Speaker 9: I was like in elementary school at that day, and there's always a books fair, you know.
Speaker 5: Those book fairs, Man, they really just take a lot of money from me.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the thing about book fairs.
Speaker 2: They contribute to childhood delinquency.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I used to love just buying things over there, and then I would like sneakily steal at the book fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I would buy everything but books at the book fair.
Speaker 9: What do they have?
Speaker 6: The book fairs?
Speaker 2: All kinds of stuff, like cool racers, like fun little.
Speaker 20: Pins, magic pens where it's like you could only it's like you couldn't see it unless you had a little light. The pen had the light on it, so you could like write secret messages to your friends. Do those book fairs be taking money?
Speaker 6: Here's saying you steal the book fair. Damn, I've never been to a book fair.
Speaker 11: So much fun.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for your little secret.
Speaker 12: Man, Yeah, thanks, of course, would go ahead.
Speaker 3: What's your dirty little secret text?
Speaker 14: Shoe bowl?
Speaker 3: So four one oh six one