Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at The Rick Burgess Show. America and here we go, a brand new hour on a brand new day, America and the text nation saying Rick, we are ready to go. Detroit Rocks and He's ready, Pennsylvania Ready, Columbiana.
Speaker 2: Ready, Decatur ready, Sarge is ready, Josh in Auburn is ready, Laurel Mississippi, Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Ruskin packaging in heflin Alabama.
Speaker 2: Mister T says, your mother is ready.
Speaker 3: Hartzel ready, Oxford Ready, Philadelphia, Mississippi Ready to go, Alex City.
Speaker 1: I see you? Are you ready? America? It is a brand new Rick Burgess Show. Somebody's there.
Speaker 4: And there we go.
Speaker 1: North Augusta, South Carolina's ready, Adler's g I is ready, Pete Mont's mister T and his mother is like no other is ready. Gosh cregroped the logs yesterday with any good, one one thing it all day, fellas, how are you good? Feeling good? A good?
Speaker 4: Feeling good, looking good, doing good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of an awkward day for Adler. Oh boy, Well, and it's on me. It is Adler, It's it's it's it's one hundred percent on me. So today is the launch date for Men Don't Run in the Rain. I love how you claim it's on you. And Speedy's read it, Greg's read it. Uh, and you had every intention of reading it before today, and I asked you to give your copy to your dad. Yes, yes, who sent a great review. So it's going to be awkward when we talk about the book today because you haven't read it yet.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But but tomorrow I will be over here signing copies for people who are ordering those for Father's Day, and you will never even have to fool with the paperback version, the advanced copy. You'll get a hardcover tomorrow. Okay, okay, sorry about that, buddy, I.
Speaker 4: Was going to do the get the copy from my dad.
Speaker 1: I forgot for out m h. It's okay because I knew you didn't care, so right, So so when we do the awkward segment where we're like, we're like talking about the book and the guys start chiming in on the parts they liked about it, and you're gonna be over the Gunyah. Sure, that's so sorry about that.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, yeah, I remember that part of the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was my favorite part. When we had those advanced copies and they weren't completely done, they were paperback, and I got you know, I had you know, how that thing. Do you ever get that feeling when you have like this is a problem with free things? You think, oh man, I got plenty, and you start giving everybody one and then you turn around and realize, well I didn't have that many. Yeah, now I don't Right now, as we sit here today, I do not have a copy of the book. That's how mean I was that. So yeah, so anyway, but but we will, we will. We'll have a bunch of them coming over tomorrow. Not tomorrow, yeah, after we do the live broadcast, which it's all he's gonna be worried about today, but so so we yeah. Today, So let me set the table for you. If you were have any interest in getting a copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain, It is available now, and and it's pretty much available everywhere.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The only thing that would make you say, well, I want to use the link at Rick Burgess Show dot com at the bottom of the page, or at Themanchurch dot com right there on the homepage our Burgessmanistries dot com where it says books. The only reason you would get say I want to use those links is you know it offers the option to get a sign copy. So if a sign copy is important to you, like for Father's Day or for yourself, then you only those links will provide that. If you just want a copy of it, then it's on Kendle, It's on Amazon, uh, and the audio platforms, all those are going to vary. I do not think it's on Audible yet. It will be, but I know it's on others. So if you're an audible person only, you're probably still a week or two away. If you use some of the other audio book platforms, it's probably already there. So it'll work itself out over the next few weeks. But the book is available and you can go grab that today, so there are a lot of you already have as soon as it became available. It was interesting watching some of you, some of your lives. It's interesting y'all do stuff at one and two o'clock in the morning. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I got up, like I got up and out of it, you know, because I can see if they use the links that we have that have the sign copies and all that. So that actually sends me an email kind of like what you dealt with on the voting for Make Mama Smile Again. So I get up, and I keep in mind I get up at three fifteen, and so when I get out of the shower and everything, Sorry about that visual, and then I turn my phone, go get my phone and start get getting ready for the day. I'm like, wow, so people have already gotten the book like one in two in the morning at midnight, and I was like, okay, wow, that's good. So they're up. Maybe they use the back they said, some of them working, they're working that third that's right, that's right.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: It's it's interesting because of your media blitz that you're going to have busy week. You got a couple this week, but kind of just sitting back, just making sure you know, things are organizing your world not I mean, we have a promotional team and PR team that's doing.
Speaker 1: Most of the work.
Speaker 8: But it's interesting how times have changed as far as the promotion of the book, because yes, you're going to be on with Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity who have syndicated, you know, national radio shows. But the podcast world is exploding to the point where there's very successful podcasts, and well, you look back on when Trump ran for reelection, he focused on that that avenue in that podcast world, because that's what you hit. But it's interesting to see how many great podcasts are out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to be on. You go back to the Rick and Bubba days and when we did the books with Thomas Nelson which is now Harper Collins, and the whole book world's changed, just like our industry has changed. And so we did the standard. You go on shows, you had to travel there. Yep, you got to be on, and then you do book signings. That's not the way they do it anymore. Like you just said, I'm going to go on a few shows, but there's only maybe two or three that I'm going to be in person. The rest of them I'm going to be sitting in our podcast. We just were making a podcast studio now because there's so many podcasts your point, and you go into the conference room and on our dry erase board there are more podcasts up there than anything and all that starts Thursday and off we go. So and I've already done one podcast that was just tape delayed called the Art of Manliness, I think for something like that, and it's a big yeah. And the other thing that is interesting about this particular book, this one feels a little more like the stuff that we did, you know, back in the Rick and Bubba days, where the book has more of a mass appeal, you know, when we got into the manchurch dot com and started writing devotionals and things. Those have done great. But you know, there's some people saying, I don't really want to read a book called Sin Always Matters. I don't want to read Transformed. I'm not a person of faith. That doesn't interest me, or maybe it's just not important to me. Those books don't appeal to me. So you have a very a large but a unique audience, and you don't get a lot of people, like on just any show saying how I interview you about Sin always matters? But this book, because it's about Greg and my dad, and he's such a character, and it has comedy and it has you know things. You know, it's got more of a mass appeal. So there's more platforms that say, hey, we're interested in this book, you know, even though the others, you know, the mass appeal wasn't there, and they were never intended to be that way. They were intended to be resources for men to study the Word of God. And this has a spiritual component to it as well. But this one is a little more like the show. We do a show and we entertain, and it's secular entertainment, and we are people men of faith, and we certainly talk about our faith, but we entertain first and then earn the right. And this book is a lot like that. I mean, if you've ever been to hear me speak somewhere and you've heard me tell a story about dad and then go into the message, that's the way the book rolls. And there's there's a little bit of everything in there, including a chapter that that came late, real late about what if I'm someone and I didn't have a dad like yours? So what about us? And we actually take that on in the book too. So so anyway, It's available evere now and you can grab it today and we'll work through that. We'll talk about it a little more a little later in the program. We also got to come back and talk about tomorrow. Yeah, the show goes on location. Let me tell you yet, somebody from Text Nation, Rick, would you go on Joe Rogan's podcast? Absolutely if I were to get that? It's funny, you asked, Rick, I gotta tell you it. We'll be right may. There are very few things that shape a man's life like the lessons of a father. I'm Rick Burgess, host of The Rick Burgess Show and author of Men Don't Run in the Rain. My front row seat to my larger than life father, Bill Burgess was iconic. This played out on football fields across the Southeast, first as a player at Auburn University and later as a Hall of Fame coach at the high school and collegiate levels. But he was also my dad. And there are very few people who ever had away with words quite like my father and Men Don't Run in the Rain. I share my dad's life through the many sayings and stories. I had a front row seat for it, but it doesn't stop there. For each one of these stories, I connect the heart of my dad's lessons back to the Bible and the faith that was the foundation of his life. Men Don't Run in the Rain is more than just a story. It's a guide to wisdom, faith and the values that stand the test of time. Order your copy today and discover lessons that will inspire you, challenge you, and stay with you for a lifetime. The stories are timeless, but the impact starts now. So somebody's saying, hey, man, I just went to get the book. Let's sen something to do with the audiobook on Apple and there's like two different versions of it, and they have it like two different prices. It says, why does Apple have two different audio versions but no ebook? The answer to that is, I have no idea. But I did talk to the folks at Ironhill Press and they said they caught that over the weekend and sent in a ticket, a help ticket to them. You're kind of the mercy of their own, and they we too, were going, what is this And from all accounts, it looks like it's the exact same audio file, So I just buy the cheaper one, you know, So I don't really know why that is. And you're going to see some of that, you know, trying to work itself out as the weeks go by in this whole new world that we live in. But a lot of folks don't know.
Speaker 8: But the fourteen ninety nine version has an interview with baby brother.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that the fourteen I don't know. I'm just kidding. The fourteen ninety nine on the Apple audio, that's when Greg Waising right right, he sings mother.
Speaker 6: Mother like no daddy, no other father, father, You're like no other.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so no, no one knows the answer to that text nation, So I just go with the cheaper one because it looks like they're both the exact same thing. And and I know Kendall has already it's it's up and rolling, so I know, I know that's an e book that's that's already rolling. The other ebook sources, I think a lot of when you get into the audio and the e books, you're gonna see that kind of It's not gonna roll out as smooth, but it but it will. It will all solidify itself. A couple of things to talk about. So tomorrow the show is on location, speeding take a d bread. Just let me hear you breathe. Yeah, it's a lot, it's a lot. We're going on the road. Yesterday I went down to camp house. Hey, I mean, you're gonna bring me out polo shirt? And so I went to camp house yesterday actually had a storm take out our our high speed internet. Not a camp house, but but at little little White farmhouse. Okay, so they did find the problem and it was knocked off. So we got that done. So I dropped the shirt off for Gary. So, uh, so he's got it. He's got it. I haven't seen him try it on. He wants, Hey, I want to wear like your staff polo like everybody and so and so. He then let me tell you how I didn't expect her. Hey, y'all don't know what it's like to work. I mean, y'all ain't never I mean, Gregonize only one. You know, he ain't all this guy. I said, listen what he says. I said that, Gary, I said, you got to meet me at the studio if you want to rive with me. Yeah, I mean I want to ride. Okay, we've already covered that. Meet me at the studio, I said, I'm talking about. The latest we need to meet is four fifteen. What I said, four fifteen at the studio? Good gosh, I mean, what time? Hey, why don't we got to go? Why don't we he have to be shower? I said, Gary, what time do you think the show starts? Well, I mean, I don't know. You don't know when the show starts, I said, Gary, the show starts at five Central time live. I said, matter of fact, four fifteen is to be giving you a break. Suddenly thinking this thing, Well, I mean I guess. I mean, I said, well, you'll be there or you'll be left. I said, there really is no other Were you surprised turkey hunting? You got to get out there? What was that at to you? You know, I was discussing. I figured he was one of those guys that gets up that time. Anyway, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 8: Excited for them to be able to just chill out and watch. But two of my boys, Tyler and JC. Hello to Reese, who's headed in new listener of the show. But they're going to get to come out and just kind of hang out and they haven't been able to do that, especially jac and I was discussing what time we start with them, and I was like, hey, you know you either ride in with me, or you need.
Speaker 1: To be there at a certain time.
Speaker 8: And when I said right in with me, I said I'll be there around three fifteen, and they didn't balk at that. I said, but you know, I mean four thirty whatever. And for them that sounded worse than three fifteen. And I said, how how did that someone worse? And one of them spoke up said, well, three fifteen you can just stay up, Okay, a four thirty you're going to bed and actually getting up. And for a young kid, I guess that made sense.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: But for Gary, I know he's not staying up. So I don't know why he's big. He's always up, He's always up, running around.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's just he justlikes to be ill. I don't think the foulness that Gary always has.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but but I think I think even if you get up, just hearing the fact you got to be here that early, it kind of hurts.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, that's what he said. Well, my goodness, you know I got to drive all away from Chilton County and then somehown text nation just brought it up. Rick, won't you let Gary spend the night? Can you imagine that would be Can you imagine that would be so bad? I forgot my pajamas? Has Rick got something? I Can you imagine he's terrified to share though he'd never comes you got anything? Leaveless? Hey, you ain't got one of them to do?
Speaker 9: So Rick?
Speaker 4: Are you asleep neither?
Speaker 1: Hey? You sleep neither? Neither? You know what that's over here? I can't go to sleep because you keep thinking about my mother. She's like, okay, old though when I was bound, so y'all that carried that was with me all day all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: My brain, that fun it owned us all day long. So let me I hope we can purge that today. All right, So here's tomorrow.
Speaker 10: I got mad at myself for saying mother too much. Yeah, like at the end of the day you said it too much. You said mother like one hundred times.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sherry with dinner tonight? Would it be too much trouble if we could have a nice sat So anyway? The all right, somebody is saying on text Nation, if you look at this apple thing those of you are seeing on the audiobook. The fourteen ninety nine comes with a PDF Okay, does that mean it comes with a what a PDF or what the whole book?
Speaker 4: I guess it's the whole book so you can put it on like your kindle or something.
Speaker 1: Okay. So they're saying the fourteen ninety nine and you're getting audio and an E book in twelve ninety nine, you're just getting audio. Is that? I don't know any of that or PDF breakdown of the something? Okay, whatever, we got to stop.
Speaker 4: Once you get going gonna.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna allow mother one more time? I don't know that it's going to last just one day. I think it might. I think it might be the week. I think we're just going to have to just one mother. It's an active week, let's carry it all week. They found the intro where the two kids are arguing.
Speaker 4: I thought about the kids last night. The kids are arguing and how that girl got called fat.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Got got called fat and ugly. And then mister mister t sang a song about his mother. For some reason, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Understand how that tied. Rick.
Speaker 8: I think what you need to do to carry it over into tomorrow's broadcast since you made coach de boor so uncomfortable last year was saying roll tide, have him sing this please.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, coach to bo say mother, all right, so i'll know when we come back. I'll give you the list of people that are scheduled to be on the live show tomorrow, scheduled to be on Now. Look, tubers, y'all gonna have to let it go. I'm sorry they're already starting again at but this is a good time for y'all to learn other options. I'm sorry. There's a tune in app. You can stream it. You can stream the audio live. Like somebody said, why not audio only, Well, that's called the tune in app. Yeah, we have streaming apps. You can get the audio only. That's not a problem. Go to Rick burgesshow dot com where it says listen live. Click right there and you've got the audio from tomorrow wherever you are. If you don't have an affiliate, Okay, yes, we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Here's the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we just did some stories on the show today. Right, it looks like things are going well. Conservatives seem to be on the up. Trump administration. All these things that have been accomplished, like even in the last week. But be careful, don't don't rest the fight. It's never going to you think the left is going to pack up and say, Okay, y'all got us. That's not going to happen. And that's why we need now more than ever Blaze TV. World is full of noise. We need a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, fearless commentary that helps us make sense of the mess, the chaos that's out there. At Blaze TV, it's a home for some of the strongest, smartest voices in conservative media, people who tell it like it is. They ask tough questions that the mainstream just will not touch. So they're not afraid to challenge the narrative and say, wait a minute, I don't know. I don't know. If I go along with that investigative journalism, do you miss that? You'll find it at Blaze TV, documentaries that shed light into the deep state. Yes, Blaze TV again, and guess what. A lot of content from this show is part of your Blaze TV subscription, including the new podcast Strange Encounters. So for eight bucks a month, a price of a fancy cup of coffee, you can be with the platform. All you have to do is use the promo code Rick at checkout when you go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick, subscribe today and say twenty bucks right now on the annual plan Blaze TV Unfiltered, Unafraid and on demand. So looking to tomorrow, okay, looking to tomorrow live on location, live weather, looks like it's going to be alright, Please know Mojo, so I think we'll be fine there on location shows can breed a wonderful chaos, so that will actually be happening. Will Gary be there? Yes? Hey, I don't know man, that's hear ye, that's earlier. Gary's there. Come see how he looks in his extra large polo. He's going to be there for the duration, so you can meet Gary. We'll be on the Coca Cola patio and we will be at historic Graystone Lovely to watch the sun rise there in Sweeten Home, Alabama, for the region's tradition the Drummond Company, an eye celebrity pro am. Tomorrow, Speedy will be playing. He'll be teeing off later in the day. We've decided we can't lose Speedy. He's going to stay with us. So here are the people that are scheduled to appear. Trent dilferd Bo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tuberville, coach Caitlin de Boor coach Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson all scheduled to appear tomorrow. And I don't see him on here, but usually we're able to get Taylor Hicks as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he jumps in though, unless he's not going to be there early enough, who knows.
Speaker 1: So if you want to come see the show, if you're coming to the celebrity program, fine, once you come in, just come see us. Okay.
Speaker 8: Now that there is normally a restriction area. It's a little little white fence that surrounds where we are.
Speaker 1: There's one around you, so yeah, really, but don't let it stop you.
Speaker 8: And to get through there, they have kind of a list of credentials that you need and and so that's not on us, that's just on them because that's where a lot of the players and the pros they'll they'll go in and eat in a certain area.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: But but you can still get close enough and people have in the past where if you go up to that area where they have kind of make you stop. You can still hear everything and see everybody walking in and out and all that stuff. And those some years are a little bit more strict than others. In some years and it depends on it. Just the crowd overwhelms whoever's at the gate, you know, and they just let them go.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. Well, in the Rick and Bubba days, I've been part of that show many times. I've never seen anybody who wanted to get a picture or get something signed, or wanted to watch ever had a problem. No, that's right. Yeah, so it's it's not a big deal. So but be aware of that. And uh and so yeah, we look look forward to to seeing all of you tomorrow. And please don't start singing, mother, There is no other way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the commercial Brooks maybe this least hold what would y'all do? Flight say? Nick Saban sits down, I said, before we get started, mother, coach watch it watch on the phone. Yeah, you said, mister T think Chris Farley interview. It's pretty cool. Have you seen mister T s anybody the moment? That's cool? It Hey, saving check this out there. It is. Let me ask you this if if we see a live shot happening. Oh, here we go. Oh yeah, we're in Okay. I want us to hit that course wide. I want to come down. I want us to a video. Yes, Greg, go back to the old Westerns. You remember when people come shoot up the town. I want us coming in there on our horses, and I mean I want us shooting the town up. Got it? Look normally that's pretty early. Yeah, yeah, we'll do it. Yeah we did tell Jean we're we're more dangerous than ever before. Oh yeah, I mean what do we got now? We got we got nothing to prove. You know, it's h and the and the show's kicking right now. By the I don't know what this meant. Are starting to row? What? Here are some good things out there now? Man, this was a you know, this is a new day and new endeavor and it's it's really starting to pick up moment. And thanks to all of you out there. You really, you really, you're really showing out.
Speaker 8: So yesterday I went out to location like we normally do, and just tested the equipment. Hey do we have a connection, And Greg was at master control and he and I were communicating and check one two, everything checked out. And that's just peace of mind knowing that they have it set up and we're our equipment's working.
Speaker 1: And all that. That's standard.
Speaker 8: But what I wasn't expecting is after I broke it all down, I started encountering people that either work at Graystone Golf and Country Club or that are a part of the tournament that we see annually, and there was concern on their face. And I don't know if it was like they just wanted to be I don't know, just hey, are y'all going to be here? You know, y'all are going to be at the same spot, right. I don't know if they just needed that to know that, But for some of them, they look concerned.
Speaker 1: Like are y'all gonna be here? You know? And I did it kind of made me uncomfortable a little bit.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm like, are we that big a problem? Yeah?
Speaker 8: And I asked the staff that I'm like, how how how much do y'all look forward to like ten am local time when it's over?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. That's what what you may have experienced is because and I still run into two people still and I have to tell them because I mean, we wanted to honor the Rick and Bubba show. We wanted, we wanted to celebrate that last year, and and they were they would be time for everybody told what they were going to do and beyond the show. And so we spent so much time celebrating rightfully. So, by the way, I'm not saying that was the wrong thing to do. Rightfully. So a lot of people thought everybody just kind of ended there there and that we were I mean, I mean, I'm talking about in the last you know, six weeks, I have been out with Sherry, you know, and she pulls you into shopping whatever, and people look at me and go, well, what are you doing now? I'm like, well, you know, I'm doing and the Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg and Adler. Oh I thought you retired, you know, so so so what I assumed? So what I think you there was that yeah, concern, Well, there's been so much marketing.
Speaker 7: For us, but.
Speaker 1: The media blizz, the media blitz that we got. But but I will what I'm going to say is this, I think if they were being honest of the thirty one years of Rick and bubb behind me, those years, do we do a live show out there? A lot three quarters of that time at least.
Speaker 8: Okay, there was there was the first few years that everybody was embarrassed of us, and we weren't worthing there.
Speaker 1: All right, so we know ninety eight we were there. So the Rick and Bubba Show started in ninety four, right, so easy, twenty five years we've been out yeah, okay, yeah, all right. So I think they thought it was over and they were like, no more of them coming out here and shooting town up. Okay, And so somebody said knocking everything somebody, and then somebody told that. Somebody told them, you know, four of them are still shooting uptown and and so and and they're coming back, and they they've got an attitude right now that is very similar to the attitude they had at ninety eight. You know, when people talk about how much they're enjoying the show, I just said, man, it's just man, this is the way we this is what made the old show. I mean, we definitely all were on that, and but you know this is I just feel I'm enjoying the energy and the fun that we're having. And and I know for some you know, they they preferred you know that it was you know, even though we still update you on the headlines to matter and all that. Some people got to where they liked when it became more of a news talk show. I think that's run its course. We still update you, but I think more people like that, Hey, we've returned to to fun is the number one thing, and then yeah, gotta have fun and then everything else is kind of secondary. And I think there's some concern out there that that I did get that that that that there's going there is that you hear about. Somebody says, hey, man, some scouts just came in from town and they see him on of the horses in their coming. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because the one gentleman I talked to, he most definitely knew we were still doing the show, and he was a concern, and one just wanted confirmation and one just didn't know, you know.
Speaker 1: So there was the three things I think to honor the new show starting, and on the past, I get it's a different time and Speedy would have got arrested. Yeah, won't you do it this time? But just leave you underwear. There you go, you won't get arrested. Ryan Greenwood texting you, No, I'm not saying y'all not agree with that, I get you can't get naked again. But in jail there's too many cameras out whether naked cowboy he does keep his underwear.
Speaker 5: He does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's the naked count. You're an older man, you have you have a grandson. You're running your underwear. Their staff, Well, two of my boys are going to be there. I can't run him under They missed it. Speaking of this the original yeah, speaking speaking of the coming out today, Greg and I saw our dad and his underwear.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, he wore those white grips. I'm not saying they don't see me in my underwear. I'm just saying, in public running through the field, your committee is gonna run you underwear. And may I tell you what I think you run? Hey? Making the Thonge though, yeah, yeah, to make it age. We're acting to the right, so it's not against law.
Speaker 8: I pulled up I pulled up one of my old Instagram posts of you walking shirtless.
Speaker 1: It's on my Instagram.
Speaker 8: You gotta go way back at Calvin Speedy, it's you walking shirtless.
Speaker 1: Behind the live shots. Your side of me, won't he Gary to do it?
Speaker 5: Is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Uh, huh burgess ball battle today and guys, the last three out of four winners have spun cash the last three out of four. Man, oh he knows that. Uh, trust me, I'm aware. I don't aware. Yeah, cash will was a good idea, right people winning? Uh So, anybody's trying to figure out how to get the wheel in the trucks, so get it out there. So it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be a tough maybe don't travel well, Hey, baby brother, just ride with me. I'm just riding with you. One less pass. I gotta keep up. Yes, hey, tell Greg, I call shot call shouting, and you went up. We get in there and we bootleg park anyway, and that's one less that's my thinking. It's all right, how connected? I mean, you have a you have a little bit of anks about.
Speaker 8: You know, my biggest my biggest thing, and this is for all of you that you know organize things.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not like I'm the only want to experiences this.
Speaker 8: It's just you don't want to forget anything, you know. So really my main thing is just not forget anything, because once you're out there and rolling, that's not the time to go.
Speaker 1: Oh you worried about Greg and me and our Well.
Speaker 8: Well, that's on my list. It's funny you said that it is on my list. You know when to give the guys their credentials. Now I just walked in there to Adler. No concern at all.
Speaker 1: You're not about him. No, I gave him his.
Speaker 4: Parking cause problems. I don't cause I gave it.
Speaker 8: I gave him his parking pass. I gave him his credentials. And guess what he'll do. He'll park and he'll walk up.
Speaker 1: The two of you. It's credential. Little said about when Adler shows up and he looks like a sherp. He's got a backpack on the front back. He's carrying two things on his shoulders. You know the she is when you climb mount every he really does. Are you bringing the van? That big van?
Speaker 4: Just you my car?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you talking? You're asking me?
Speaker 10: Am I driving my car to the driving my car.
Speaker 4: To work that day?
Speaker 1: You could swap You're.
Speaker 4: Just actually never driven it. She's never driven it. I don't think she wants to.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about jumping in with Rick?
Speaker 4: I can't do that. I'm a sure, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure that that's a big van. It's amazing.
Speaker 10: It'll be so much easier to load in and load out. I had to do a jigsaw puzzle to fit everything when I had the fore Runner.
Speaker 4: Now it's just like throw it in the van.
Speaker 8: I'm not talking about it's a big fan for you.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about it's gonna take up a lot of area there.
Speaker 10: It's not it is the side. It's the same footprint of all y'all's trucks, same exactly. It's so tall it's going to draw nobody parking on top of it. Greg, I don't have to leave room above it.
Speaker 1: It sticks out. They're not supposed to park. It's gonna be too much fan.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be too much fan.
Speaker 5: Carmar.
Speaker 10: It looks like a like a a security like. It looks like it's supposed to be. I could park that thing anywhere. I could park that thing on the curb of.
Speaker 4: The White House and people be like, yeah, that belongs there.
Speaker 10: That's that person's taking care of business, official business.
Speaker 1: I'm almost sure I've seen like a picture of that man with a line through it around this golf course. Not bring it here, picture picture that we'll get there so they won't be there yet. Oh no, but it's gonna the people gonna be walking around going who's famous? I wish part in that turnaround spot right from them?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, the vans that you realize that they bust people in and the big busses have to get back out.
Speaker 1: Do this. Put John. I don't know if it's right because they won't look close, printed out, print it out and put it like somewhere like a round circle and put John Daly's picture on it. Don't think it's his. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 4: If you guys want to hang out in I want to chill out in it. While we're at the.
Speaker 1: Some want to know, are you bringing mister Chin and putting him on the table.
Speaker 4: Oh, that would be cool.
Speaker 1: Then does he need a credential? And is he still alive currently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's alive.
Speaker 1: He's doing y'all.
Speaker 10: Have given him such a little amount of time to survive, and he's going to live for so long and y'all are gonna be like, oh wow.
Speaker 1: No, I saw it as he died, so happy. I saw it. Speedy just flowed it. Greg. I know you saw it too. I watched Adler's face. He didn't even know I was looking at him. He thought I was messing with the stuff in front of me. He thought he did not know I was watching him. I saw his facial expression when you brought up mister Chin. He forgot he had forgotten about that fish.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's floating.
Speaker 10: No, he's he's hungry again. I found him a second ago, and he's like, all right, let's do that again. Yes, second breakfast.
Speaker 1: Second breakfast. Wow, there was one little man driving that big van.
Speaker 4: Hey, that is a sweet vehicle and everybody knows it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so's the van? Ever been out there?
Speaker 4: I know you know. I thought I had it last year.
Speaker 8: No, No, you did not bring that big van last year by yourself taking up curb space.
Speaker 1: Some creepers out there. How do you feel about all of us riding with you?
Speaker 4: That'd be awesome. We can listen to metal. It would be so cool. Would be uncomfortable. I would love it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Greg could hold mister Chin in the bike. Yes, what if he was mine? I had to take him all day. He was on me.
Speaker 4: I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Say look, let me just say I watched mister Chen. Don't bump him. His name is Chin. Let's get him in now, treat him right right.
Speaker 4: I think I am gonna try to wear slacks.
Speaker 1: I usually come out there and and then the blue jeans. He had to get slacks for his Mother's Day brunch and I was wearing them.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna wear that. I'm gonna wear my Easter outfit that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. We're trying our best to calm Easter. The tubers. Yeah, tubers, I'm sorry. There's no way to do live YouTube on this from this locationing and I get it. So he's gonna shoot some stuff. You'll have it like a little documentary feature, some videos from there, the big interviews, just like he always does, and then you'll have it a day or two later. But you can just listen to the tune in app that is audio streaming live for you no matter where you are. I know they they like to have their stuff.
Speaker 4: K any affiliate app. You know, wzz cap.
Speaker 1: If you're in the area, you can, yes, right, they got the app. But tubers are all over, So there's if if if the it's funny, if your radio feel it has an app that works some of a lot of our affiliates do, or just listening to our tune in app. Just simply go to the website where it says listen live. There it is, and so you'll you'll you'll have the audio and then the videos and all that will be coming. It's really gonna work out wonderful for the YouTube channel. Okay, you're gonna have ADDLIR shooting stuff from the live broadcast tomorrow. You're gonna have another Strange Encounters coming out this weekend. Then you're gonna have for a Memorial Day weekend, tell from the camp House, the Fishing Tournament episode. There's a lot of cool things coming too the YouTube channel. Greg, did you get an anniversary? What's this anniversary? If you tell me? And I know it's not your anniversary, it's not. But my friend Steve Well, I met Steve about five years ago. For you Thompson warri football on anything you need with that Staves, you got your covered, Steve. That's the games start raining. He made sure that my daughter in law and the kids can get in the shed. Thank you. Steve and his wife are having his wife Kayla twenty fifth anniversary. Well happy Intead is a big one.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Also, Adler, for those of you watching on YouTube Adler has found. You know, a lot of you wonder what is it like to see Speedy and actually stop it at a Birmingham Stallions game and to watch him roam the sidelines. This is one of the big plays. If you were watching the game on TV, you may have seen it where the titles interviewed Speedy, the tight end for the stadiums, makes a big play and tosses the bottle. Speed tackles. No, no, he yeah he did. Look over here, Look over here.
Speaker 4: He's gonna toss the ball.
Speaker 1: He's wearing Marty McFly's jacket and you know what he said, toss it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all nice toss to the riff.
Speaker 1: It is so I wish you'd get run over during one place, he's right open.
Speaker 8: So the cameraman is you see the camera's on the ground right there, and I see where the play.
Speaker 1: I might pick the camera up. Picked the camera up because it's coming right at us. I like to see him get the camera.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he had just put it down. He's been holding it all day. So we had a little bit of a trying to pick it up, and he does. He grabs it like a pro, and then we start backing up and uh he. I'm like, okay, here we come, speedy right there? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yep, come on, throw it timmy big guy, like I'm part.
Speaker 1: Of the theme. Like a special moment right here, Yes, special moment, their speedy throw.
Speaker 10: The speedy Tad tosses it back like a pro Wow, look at it go do you'll see it go?
Speaker 1: That was great? Where are you, as a former defensive back on this? All I care about, shre I knocked the ball off somebody's hands. I don't take an opportunity to jack somebody. Well, they've made it illegal.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 1: They'll say, oh, he's defensive, you know, you mean he was already tucket and running it now. Yeah, but now I will say this, the stands guy that one they punched out there at then that basically settled the game speedy, yeah, about less than two minutes ago. And I mean the guy just punches the ball well, and it is good if you can do that. No, I'm with you, though, I'd like to say this, maybe step up and try to separate him, separate him from the ball.
Speaker 8: About that Sunday, it was a weird day. If you've had these days where it's it's a little cool and the breeze is kind of like that, and then all of a sudden it's hot. Yes, yeah, you know, is every vest that because you can just wear vests everyone's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, even with yes that that hell fly, he wouldn't have a stand, to be honest, to make fly ones more puffy? Yeah, yeah, I was just going for something. I got you doing it. Painted the picture for it right, color right, But I mean, it's if it's got to be puffy. Was it that cool? I that it was? You said that. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 8: Sure why you had that on, but it was puffy at times. It was you didn't have I didn't have a puffy job like that.
Speaker 1: I said, you did a little puffy may fly. What if when you got hot during the game we looked later you took the shirt, the bottom shirt off and still had the best.
Speaker 4: Best only that only that would have left.
Speaker 1: That's good. How about I brought that something similar up to shirt other day? I said, you know what I said? When I went to Nebraska, some guys were there at the breakfast and everything they had on overalls. I said, I want to get me some overalls. You don't want overall before the farm, and she goes no, and then then she said it. I said no, and I said, now I want to have overalls and I want to be shirtless. I want to be shirtless and overalls and they're a little baggy. And then it happened. She said, I'm just going to tell you you're too high wisted to wear overalls. And I said, what do you mean. She goes, you got too much Torso and I said, well, you mean low waisted, and she goes, well, yeah, long yeah, long waist, And she said, you got too much Torso. She remember when they came out with those untucked shirts. Yeah, and they were not they were not long like a cut off. They like a cut off and show you and you just wear a normal button down and then it's an untucket. Yeah. She goes, overalls, I think they I said, what do you mean? She said, I think they right up on you. I've never been an over too much Torso. I've never been an overall person, but it feels to me like they would be binding, because whenever you wear coveralls, like when it was cold or something, I never liked that. Either. You feel like I'm on This is the same reaction I got when I wanted to get a Buckskin suit, you know, Ricky, I was hoping you'd get that with the fringe on the pant. Oh man, I want one so bad, like Davy Crockett. I want to put on Buckskins so bad. I want you to have overalls home. But cut him off. Greg Stewart my roommate in college. Yeah he was. He was pray the shorts, you know, my roommate in college, and got the name Haystacks. He wore overall shirtless as his look. That was his look. Okay, he had shorts and he had long but he did it all the time, along with speedy. Little discomfort for you here man, everybody's talking about me.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Well, now that I got you, let's go and get all the speedy we can give him. So the the Eagles offensive tackled Jordans. I don't know how to say his last name. He this is going. Yes, he gets to meet Chris Stapleton and he does something. He's backstage at a concert and unfortunately he's a big man. He starts singing Tennessee whiskey to the guy who know Guys, that's like somebody telling James Gregory a Joe that I'm sorry I'm sorry, Speedy.
Speaker 4: I'm that's like going up to Martin Luther King and saying I have a dream. That's his zone.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, that's his area. Good speaker.
Speaker 10: So but I will say that that this NFL player actually has a great voice. But you can tell he's nervous in the beginning. Stapleton jumps in with him. I think Stapleton felt Awkwardton jumps in with him, and and the whole thing, I honestly is is saved as as it goes on.
Speaker 4: At the beginning, I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I'm staring at you, Taken, I'm looking at you. All right.
Speaker 10: Here is this Eagles player singing for christ.
Speaker 1: He was already uncomfortable. He was gonna let that fourth bottom wrong.
Speaker 7: Being to home.
Speaker 4: You can't stop for Jem, serious about it.
Speaker 1: You see, that's not you want. I know, I know. I'm just trying to find Chris Stepson didn't know where to look. Okay, it's better. Now what if he went into mother? No?
Speaker 8: Rick?
Speaker 5: You know in.
Speaker 1: Fact, this NFL player helps, Like can I can I say this? Do you remember when we were Jason Crabb? You remember that and we ended up hurting this guy's feelings and he sent all his merchandise back that he bought that night. But that guy went up crab and broke into a song to him. You remember, great guy forgot that he got some Madie sent all this stuff. I remember we we kind of did we make fun of him. I don't think he's saying bad. It was just awkward like this one. I'm going to take a chance. Yeah, but do you do remember he sent us a picture of all this because he bought merch at the at the show that night. I forgot about that he sent a picture of stuff and say send it back or something. Oh, you don't sing to the singer even if you sing, well, what about this? What about this set up?
Speaker 8: But before the video started, did somebody bring it up and go, hey man, he can sing your start and just say whatever, And and somebody like made him say like no, sing it, sing it for him or whatever. And then somebody just caught the video and he didn't just walk in start singing.
Speaker 1: You always have that guy, Well, Chris, you need to hear him sing Tennessee whiskey and he's like, I'm a good Now, go ahead and sing it from Chris. Listen to this right, you're hoping for that, That's what I'm hoping for. He gave absolutely did what would what would now? Sit? Where are you if all of a sudden he just started doing it? No, we're not doing Rick like that guy that I'm talking about. Yes, the guy to start singing at Jason Krabb and it was I'm.
Speaker 8: Hoping a buddy of his stepped out and should have and said, hey man, sing that falk you sing it all the time, you sing in the locker room and everything.
Speaker 1: Sing it for him. Maybe he shouldn't sung it so long. Yeah, maybe he's just did that run he did then, and then that would have been that would have helped.
Speaker 4: I think he wanted to do it. I think he's saying, I'm gonna sing for Chris Dapleson.
Speaker 1: He got his shot to get through the segment. That's a good shot of Kras looking at Chris Templeton, Larger than not real.
Speaker 6: This is the Rick Burgess Show, So still much smart to do tomorrow on location, Live and Unpredictable Scheduled to be on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hu Freese, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubrabull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson all on tomorrow's live broadcasts. It has Speedy a little bit. He's got angst a little bit about getting everybody there. Gary the bulldozer man, Hey, fun, do you drop that pole off off of me over at Cambaus? And I did, Uh, Hey, I want extra large because I've trimmed down a little bit. And this thing where Gary would declare, he's like one, Gary, Hey, I mean I'm down. I'm I'm below two hundred, I mean Gary. So so that's tomorrow and Gary will be with us, and he's riding with me, so there's no hit. He can't leave, and he's gonna he'll start Gettingnancy wanted to leave. I'm wrong, didn't he? Did he show up last year? Like hearing the event this year before last? Yeah? I don't think he came last year, but I think he did the year before. Here here's the deal.
Speaker 8: If he gets too antsy, one of the shuttles runs back to our parking lot right here, you can just say, hey, just go grab the shuttle and going by.
Speaker 1: That's true. I forgot about that. Drop them off right here here here's here's something, here's some things to worry about, some things to be concerned about. Gary wanted to talk to Nick Saban, so please let him. Gary getting in an argument with Charles Barkley and Gary telling Kaylin to bore he didn't like what he's done to a day. All that can happen tomorrow. Oh yeah, just.
Speaker 8: Where Gary's gonna shine. It's real early and then once we hit hit the guests, it's it's non stop for about an hour and a half. And then and then the last hour when and and this is when I told them that that that we're all dangerous is when we've been there and we're working on the fifth hour.
Speaker 1: A little warm to warrant, Yeah, a little warm tomorrow warm. Yeah, believe we're there. It just when it starts getting warm warm. Do you have shades shades like sunglasses? Yeah, but I can't see That's what I thought. I know it was. I knew it was something with those and I probably work cap step Son blue cat blue catty cap. I think I were the one has work cap out there. I don't think I I wore one last time. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna have a big cloud behind us again. You remember that here we go, Don't don't be like? So, so that's tomorrow. Also today. Yeah, we've got box seats coming up a little but later on Burgess Ball Battle. And we released today the book Men Don't Run in the Ring.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And of course I got some questions about that. Okay, go ahead, Greg, you you've read it, read it. I've read it and lived it.
Speaker 8: You've lived it, I know, and I guess one reason why the book obviously it's it's a it's a great book and it was so good. And Rick, I didn't meaning disrespect to you by this. I did come to you and ask you, did you really write it?
Speaker 1: Right? You did? Yeah?
Speaker 8: And I didn't mean like because I know that in the past with the Rick and Bubba books and stuff, you guys had help, you know what I mean, y'all would y'all would submit information and they would kind of put it together.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you said, no, I wrote it. Yeah, it was. It was. It was quite an undertaking because of what you just said. When we did all the Rick and Bubba books, we were interviewed by ghost author Martha Bolton, right, and then when we did we be Big the story of Rick and Bubba. We were interviewed by Don Keith ghost writers both times. Yes, so we were interviewed and then they took the stories and the information we gave them, and then they wrote them and tried to stay in our voice, and they did the best they could, but there was a I don't I think it's impossible for a ghostwriter to one hundred percent write something and it really be your voice. I just don't think it's possible. I think they did a great job, and those books were good and they were entertaining, and I'm very proud of them, but I wanted to when I started dabbling with the devotions and writing these devotions. Andy Blanks, who has been great encouragement on this, and Sherry who is my wife, who is a very gifted writer. If you've ever read her book, you know that, and so they kind of helped me and saying no, just you're overthinking. The problem I would always have is Greg and I were raised like Andy Andrews talks about, we were raised by great storytellers. So when you tell a story, you know, I was always tried to be colorful and try to put you there, and that was not it was just something that we were just always around. But for some reason, when I would go to write, because I had zero confidence in that, it's almost like I would just give you the facts. And that's when Sherry said, no, you need to write the way you tell a story. Just write that same way, you know, tell us what the winds do, and tell us, tell us what's going on around you. What did your dad look like? What did it remind you of? Don't just say my dad stood there and it was hot, and this is what he said. You know, you got to paint the whole picture and put everybody there. And so I really I didn't. I wasn't very I wasn't very good at that at all, and I still got a lot to learn. But so I started trying to and then of course I got the you know, the stuff you have now, where Andy was like, well, just take the technology today and tell the story to the computer, you know, and let the computer write it your words. Yeah you're talking, you're talking. And so I didn't do as much of that as I thought I would. I really did more of what Sherry was teaching me to do, is to say, just concentrate. And of course people had to go clean up the grammar and spelling all that, because I'm horrific at that. But yeah, this is the this is the first book of this kind of length that I can honestly say that I actually did write it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, well, having a front row seat to a lot of these stories, and you know, your dad was extremely special to me. But because he treated me like I was his son, and that's the way the way he always was. He always hugged me, he said, come here, boy, you know, and he would give me a good grub.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he would.
Speaker 8: He's I'd ride in the truck with him for some reason. I was his truck buddy on some of the long road and I had to tie everything down in the back though even if it was so heavy, I could hardly put it in there. Hey tie that down now, yeah, you know, he'd have some ropes in there.
Speaker 1: The truck would have to turn upside down. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So hearing all the stories, that's what I took from besides a lot of how you you wrote it, but the description, it's like y'all were telling the story and the stories that I've heard or experienced, you know, like him standing there with the team and you know, one socks up one socks falling because of his massive calves, you know, and you describing him standing in that bed, Oh no, and one.
Speaker 1: Of the coach or of the players having to like interrupt him.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And there was no way, Greg, as you know, to capture every single story. There's so many others. You could do a volume two. Yeah, But I tried to go to the ones that you might have even heard the meat of them. But even Sherry, my wife, said, look, I know you're dead for you know, nearly thirty years. And but he was different with his daughter in laws. He was different with his grandkids. And she said, this these stories i'd heard. She goes, but even me now knowing the whole background, there's one story in there that completely being completely frank that always bothered my wife. She she didn't think it was funny. And she said, now that I went and read the entire background, I get it now, She said, I understand you better after reading it. And and she said, because there's the tails in here that you know, even I didn't fully know. And so I think even if you heard kind of the meat of the story at a conference or whatever, the book format gives the ability to give you the entire background, yeah, which you know, and I think you know and you reading it Greg a little bit different. How was it for you to read it? It was a kind of strange. Yeah, that's not the right word, but the fact because I was there for most of it, yeah, not all of them, so that I've never read a book about something I actually was there.
Speaker 8: I know, yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, but I mean, how did you pick? You know, I just put some down, you know, the not running in the rain. You know, you can't let little things bother you. You know, nobody cares about what happened last year, No excuses. Don't be stupid, you know, get out of the stands having confidence. Well how did you land on those?
Speaker 1: Well? What if what I wanted to do with the book? Because there are others just some of that. And one of my best friends growing up that dad was like he was for so many people. He was a figure for a friend of mine that we grew up together called his name's Mickey Shadicks. And you know, Mickey said some things about that he adores dad, and he revers dad, and Dad was a major influence in his life. His dad was murdered when he was when he was very young, and so Dad became his father figure like he did for so many men. We see this everywhere with the players that played for him and stuff. And so I think I started realizing that, you know, when Dad passed, like I made the joke, we just lost a lot of content, you know, and thinking that Dad had been retired from coaching for since he was in his late fifties, right early fifties, really early fifty and so I thought how many men were not able to benefit from him and his teachings and his influence, and women too, you know. Sherry said, look, tell the women I read it, and she said, I assess things in my life. It's not just for men, and so somethings. She said, your dad coached me up a little bit on some things, and so there's a lot of practical application to your life and Dad. I think Micky said it best, and I have Micky's quote in there is he said, but your dad didn't try to be an influencer. He just was. For him. It was like breathing. He didn't step in to day saying what can I say today? That Yeah, it's just when he I think the thing that hit me that is kind of emotional, and Cherry called him our protector is. Micky said the day that you to me and said, all right, you know, Dad just just went on in. He said, I instantly felt less safe. She said, It's like the world wasn't right when men like that are not walking around. You just felt better knowing that men like him were walking around. And I know that there is a you know, we love to overuse the term, you know, the true original. They broke the mode. Greg can speak to this, My sister can speak to this, my mother can speak to this, and everybody who was ever around him, all of you guys can speak to this. When you said that he was an original, yeah, there's no exaggeration whatsoever. Did you you ever met anybody like him? No? Ever? No, have you ever met anybody you go with? That kind of reminds me of Bill Burgess. I mean, he's unique and like I said, not a perfect man, but boy, what a what an important man? Than what a good man. We'll be back. Some questions about the book releasing today? If I order it, can I get it by Father's Day? Absolutely easy? I mean they're they're good, they're shipping right now. So I mean this is the launch day. So if you want to sign for Father's Day, you do need to only use the links that are on our websites, either Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com or Burgess Ministries dot com. That's the only place that you can get a signed copy now if you just want to copy, you know wherever books are sold, whether it be hardcover, audio or e books, it's out there. And I told you earlier the e books take you know, the e books and the audio books. They may not every single platform be available today, but some are and the others will join in as we go forward. So so so there. So gregge we were talking what his comment would be about a book about him. Oh, Greg, Oh, Greg just hit me. That's the reason why I couldn't.
Speaker 12: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't write this book to he writing what I here, You're gonna do?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 1: Write a book about me? For what? For what? Yeah? Not why I'm alive. The only way we could release it is a way for him to pass. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad he's not alive.
Speaker 10: To see this book that celebrates his legacy, apports people to Christ.
Speaker 1: Would have driven him.
Speaker 4: Yes, honey, oh, the Hall of Fames.
Speaker 1: When he would get we would dread it. Every time he'd be put in the Hall of Fame, we dreaded because we get that what you can't give an individual award in this game people responsible, which is right, and we said that, but you're representing them. Also. Also, yeah, also from text Nation is the story of you paddling your father in the book yesterday. Yeah, yeah, I saw that right up, and I love I love that story. And you'll get the background on it that you can't really tell in the short setting. You get the whole background how that started the situation we were in uh and and.
Speaker 8: We do have a question too that was texted in where they were it was raining, but they were.
Speaker 1: Actually out exercising and jogging.
Speaker 8: They said, you can still jog in the rain, right, Oh, yeah, he's just talking about running in the rain to get out of the rain. If you're jogging, buddy, it's fine. He just wanted to make sure he wasn't breaking a rule.
Speaker 1: Also from text Nation that actually that would be proud of you. He likes you athletic in the right. He sure wouldn't cancel the practice. When will the audio version be released? It actually already is. It's according to what platform you're on. Like I know, some people say Spotify's already got it, chirp, whatever that is already has it. If you're audible, it probably isn't there yet, but it will be probably in the next couple of weeks. So there are some platforms the audio version is already there. It's all coming out, and there's so many platforms now it's so hard to get them all on the same day. But most everything is happening today and if not over the next few days. And you know, Greg, you were talking about this thing with Dad, the uniqueness about him, and I try to see that. You know, the book has some of this in it as well. And everybody who ever met him is a lot of times when people are as intimidating, and Speedy was talking about the first time he ever interviewed Dad. But his kindness, you know, the thing you always heard he was hard, but he was fair, but it was also kind. Yeah, extremely kind. Yes, And there's moments when if you were feeling the wrath, you would you would forget that right, yes, you would. Then he would make sure later that you you remembered it. He would come up and patch on them. And I don't want us to take the squalling. But he had a way with special needs children. Yes, they were, they were. He was like a magnet. They were drawn to him and his relationship with them when we were in school and you know, even out into if you saw a serious issues. Yeah, and he they loved him and he loved them and he I mean they, I don't know what it was. He just had a magnetism with with the least of these, you know, And I see that in some of his grandsons. They you know, skipped Gregg and me. But but the uh but you know, you mean so I guess we weren't paying attention over us. Yeah, and Greg, and so you interviewed him when he was a coaching terrified. Yeah, Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: I was with the college radio station at jack State and ninety two j w l j S and that's kind of where I got my start and uh ended up meeting you and you know down the road and everything. But at the beginning, it was I was at the square in Jacksonville, Alabama, and you know, at the at the time, we'd get the marty out and we'd we'd shoot and do a remote on location around campus or town. And so I was live there and somebody said, hey, you got to interview coach Burgess And I was like, what, you know, because you heard about the legend. I mean he was still walking around and he was a legend. And I said, do what? And I remember when he started walking up, and I'm standing there, I am so nervous, i am shaken. I'm nervous because I wanted to do a good job. Uh and and here he comes and in his coach's hat and and man, he is just just this man walking up. But the second he walked up, he made me feel so at easey.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey boy, how you doing? You know?
Speaker 8: And I'm like, is this the guy everybody's talking? Well back to your He's kind thing, he had that about him. But yet you started talking to him, you realize how percival he was and made you feel at ease, you know. And so the interview I'm sure was awful.
Speaker 1: But he made it. He made it. He made it seem like it would wouldn't you love to have a copy of it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I would, because I'll tell you you were in a bat situation when you were nervous. Calvin because he did not enjoyed the meeting part.
Speaker 8: He did not like getting sure every he hated walking up to me. But he made me feel so so so at ease.
Speaker 1: So so it is out. Today's the day for the release Men Don't Run in the Rain, the stories of an iconic man and father. And you can get that wherever you know. Books are available if you want to sign copy, use our links there on all of our websites, including Rick Burgess Show dot com. We'll be right back. Okay, so I mentioned I mentioned Trump. Now you know, anytime Trump gets up to the microphone, I'm always like, I can't wait to get to the show and see what Trump has said lately. Okay, well, right right here, he is going to make a comment about ozimpic. Okay. And now anytime I see on the list of videos trump comments on ozimpic, I have to hear it. So so here he is, and he's talking about a friend of his that's taking Osempic. Okay. I don't know how this how this topic came up? Was was this making America healthy again? About the whole drug? Okay? Yeah, the farmer thing.
Speaker 10: Trump is trying to get equal pricing across different markets for to protect Americans and that are paying so much more for medicine.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I didn't realize he is seated and in a pretty controlled situation and still says this. I thought this was something maybe you know walking by this was a big pres Okay, so here he is. I mean, I'll tell you a story.
Speaker 12: Friend of mine who's a business man, very very very top guy. Most of you would have heard of him, a highly neurotic, brilliant businessman, seriously overweight, and he takes the fat, the fat shot drug.
Speaker 4: And he called me up and he said.
Speaker 1: President.
Speaker 12: He calls he used to call me Donald, Now he calls me president.
Speaker 1: So that's nice respect.
Speaker 5: But it's a rough guy, smart guy, very successful, very rich.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't even know how we would know this, but because he's got comments the president.
Speaker 1: Could I ask you a question.
Speaker 12: What I'm in London and I just paid for this damn fat drug I take.
Speaker 1: I said, it's not working.
Speaker 4: He said, he said, I.
Speaker 12: Just paid eighty eight dollars and in New York I paid thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: What that is going on?
Speaker 14: I mean, it's not working, it's not throw in, it's not working super fat, very rich fat fat rich rich rich fat fat.
Speaker 1: So he goes on one a dler. He goes on about talking about europe so called free healthcare scam, which we've all we've been telling you that on the many years of the Rick and Bubba Show. There's no such thing as free healthcare. Now this one part I didn't realize that we're participating and helping Europe claim to have free healthcare. That part I did not know. So here is President Trump speaking to this as well.
Speaker 12: This means American patients who are effectively subsidizing socialist healthcare systems in Germany, in all parts of the European Union. They were the toughest of all. They were nasty, and I see that. I see that with trade to European Union is in many ways nastier than China. Okay, and we've just started with them. Oh they'll come down a lot.
Speaker 1: You watch.
Speaker 12: We have all the cards. They treated us very unfairly. They sell us thirteen million cards, we sell them none. They sell us their agricultural products, we sell them virtually none. They don't take our products. That gives us all the cards, and very unfair. So they're going to have to pay more for health care and we're going to have to pay less. That's all it is.
Speaker 1: And there you go. So, yeah, the fact that we were, you know, helping to create the illusion that somehow the European Union was providing free health care. Trump says, not anymore. There's new Sheriffington. We're gonna solve We're gonna solve this and get us more fair deals on everything.
Speaker 10: And what he was referencing to his fat friend that's taking the fat shot, just working. The price of the fat shot in America is what did he says?
Speaker 4: What did he say, like eighty eighty bucks? Yeah, that's so? Why why is that? Why is that? And and people are going to people are saying this, this is going to be challenged.
Speaker 10: Uh, this is a sweeping, you know, executive order from Trump on the cost of pharmaceuticals. But at least it's getting the conversation started and shedding some light on the radically inflated prices that Americans are paying on some of these drugs compared to other countries like the in the EU.
Speaker 1: The fact shots not working, how was that? Trying to veer into it just a little bit, one more thing that we'll hit and then we'll move on. But this is this is back over to the treasure Secretary and three B there and this is this is solid. Yeah, what we can do three A first, since since I guess that's I guess that's kind of what we've secured the UK trade deal and the China trade deal and the release of a hostage and that ceasefire. We were haven't we already covered that part? Did we? Did we talk about all that.
Speaker 8: She's just kind of recapping, like they just in one week, this is what the president has done. Yeah, well we come to that, all right, So it's going to be now great's going to talk because he claims he's made out of wax. Whatever you said, right, But this was this is interesting on how China looked at the Biden administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you wonder we always wondered, does it matter to other countries who we elect president? Do they do they move differently based on who it is? And the answers yes, and should be pretty common sense. But Treasurer Secretary Scott Bessan bescent whatever he is gonna he said, it's been revealed how the Chinese saw Biden and why they're doing deals now with Trump that they didn't do with Biden.
Speaker 13: So here he is what has to happen is it has to be fair for the American people. But in January twenty twenty, President Trump produced a template.
Speaker 4: We had an excellent.
Speaker 13: Trade agreement with China, and the Biden administration chose not to enforce it. The Chinese delegation basically told us that once President Biden came into office, they just ignored their obligations. So we all already have a large framework. The other thing to remember here, Jonathan, is that this is a pause down to ten percent. The April second level for China is thirty four percent, so we will be working to see where their final reciprocal number ends up. And the negotiations are a combination of tariffs, non tariff, trade barriers, currency manipulation, and subsidies of labor and capital.
Speaker 1: I will tell you those of you out for him, melatonin, if you listen to the advice from everybody about look roller coasters, the only way you get hurt is to get off. If this stuff all solidifies those that have just hung in there, uh, you're we're gonna You're gonna see a whole shift in the stock market I mean, this is gonna be I predict it will go very well. Uh if all this gets solidified, you're gonna you're gonna see a big, big change and towards the positive.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh So just just don't hear that reported a lot. No, that's fine, but that's all games.
Speaker 8: I mean, But but didn't you find that interesting that that he that he said Through the negotiations, we found out that China basically just put everything on hold but does not administration.
Speaker 1: And we all saw Biden, we watched him operate, and we all said, this makes us very weak with the rest of the world. We don't have any respect right now. Everybody knows we've got, you know, some sort of puppet in charge that doesn't know what's going on, and the rest of the world is going to take advantage of that. Are just sit tight and and I don't think that surprises any of us. But at least it's been said. Now we'll come back. We have much more to cover on the program today and we'll if you informed and get some phone calls from you, don't forget about tomorrow Live on location. Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart Tommy Tubrabull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, Jamie Johnson, all scheduled to be on tomorrow's show, live from Graystone. We'll be right back. Thank you America for spending time together today. So we guys, we announced us so much. We told you it's gonna be a busy week, all right. So we've already announced yesterday a couple of things today, the release of Men Don't Run in the Rain. It's available. We've talked about that. That's out today tomorrow on location. Gave you the list of everybody who's scheduled to appear tomorrow. Some of you asking will tomorrow's program be live on YouTube, and the answer is no. But the good news is Adler will be grabbing a lot of footage out there. He'll put together some stuff for you that will be on the YouTube channel later. But you can still catch the show if if YouTube is your only option, well it really isn't, but it was at your normal option, meaning you don't have a radio affiliate that you could simply go to tomorrow. You can still stream the show audio only live. We have that available every day. Just go to Rick burgesshow dot Com and click listen live and you'll go right to the tune in app. There's also other options if you're familiar with affiliates. If you'll you know, if you've got the what's the scary thing that you talked to and it says things back to you Alexa, you can tell Alexa to give you the show. All of that. So, yes, you can still stream the show and catch it live tomorrow. Then you can see the videos that Adam will be capturing. We'll also all be doing stuff on social media tomorrow on location as well. Greg. I know when I bring up speaking of coaches and all this because a lot of those will be interviewing tomorrow. And we talked about the book today. I've picked up over the years. You're you're not a huge fan of Urban Meyer, are you? No? Right, You're not. You're not a big urban don't. I don't think he's honest. I think he will get on the rent. Like I said, I think the whole Ohio state thing, you know, it's always goes to his health when he wants to leave. It was all that pressure he was getting about that assistant coach and the wife abuse, and they supposedly covered up. That's all that was about. Okay, So what I've done now is I have Phillips Florida, Yes, signed that he covered up a lot of stuff there. I filled up the feeder. I've set up in the kind of the blind where I can see me. I'm watching over the food plot. And so I've set all that up and now here it comes Urban Meyer, one of the most successful college football coaches in recent memory. I'm just staring it and has led the Ohio Buck, Ohio State Buckeyes, and the Florida Gators to national championships before he stepped away from the game Green Yeah, health reasons. Uh, he revealed during a sermon. Ways he's given, sir, we don't I ain't going there. I know what you're trying to get me to.
Speaker 5: The release look cracking.
Speaker 1: Revealed during a sermon Pastor Herban keep keeping eye on Greg's face when I tell you what, I'm just going to look at him. What he said in the sermon, Now, don't miss because I know you Greg. There's been a huge revival at Ohio State. We've all seen the video stuff from the players, and there's been a lot of talk about how there's been a movement there of the Holy Spirit. I didn't know that. Yes, you didn't see all those footage, A lot of some pretty incredible things. Now here's how they were pretty good last year. But here's where you here's where you taught me about urban though the fact that that's been talked about a lot, he of course has to pretend that he I'm just being you right now, go bark with dog barking. We're not his judge. Now, I just want to get your opinion. You know what I say. Interesting, Well, I'm not done. There's more greg of deep breath. During his speech, he said that he wanted to bring church to players who did not have time for it during the week. The former coach said the university attorney told him that he was not allowed to have a Bible study, nor was he allowed to have a church service, and he recalled that he vowed he would do it anyway. Keep grace, fight out. I'm just staring. I'm staring at him. He said that I drew a hard line and I was going to do it or walk away. Now if you vire, you wise, wig up. I'm gonna keep that on the download. And there I.
Speaker 5: Mean release the cracking.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not I don't know his hard you know, but I'm just saying, does that surprise you though? I'm just like, well, that's that's interesting. M hm. And then I'm you know, he said, drew line. He drew line, right, they crossed it. That was it? So said he was gonna be out quit. I I just I'm just thinking, Greg, I'm just looking at you. Look what was that before? I have? That girl? Was Booty dancing on him? All right?
Speaker 8: When he's on the stool on the stool, yeah, right now.
Speaker 1: I look, I'm not going there, they said strangely after going there, they said, strangely attending the service and an alloud amen? Was amen? Was her? From Bill Belichick? Did actually was a pamp. We didn't get to that yesterday. Did you see his girlfriend finished third Miss Maine? No? I did. I did not see that. And I did hear a day after that a pageant or something? Was that her her senior year or no, Greg, he's excited. She just got Miss teen North Carolina. The uh now what I'm saying, But did you know, by the way, we never did come back and this is us of course we're not We're not journalists. We're a bunch of goof obs. But University of North Carolina, after they started reporting that his girlfriend had been banned from officilities, they came out and said that is not true. We called that bell check put over.
Speaker 8: The funny thing is I had to officially release a statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, I was just I was gonna say, Greg to you, because you've taught me the ways of urban Meyer, Okay, because you're not a fan, sincere you are trying to get in trouble. I'm just saying, since I've seen the way he acted you we left Florida, we left the house state, I don't believe him. I'm just I'm just saying that you've taught me the ways of urban Meyer. That if he's been invited to speaking to church, that he's coming in there realizing I won the national championship, so I still got that. But they had the big revival and here a church, so I got a kind of claim I took a stand too. Well, I mean that's the way you taught me. Now, I don't know if that's true or not right. The ways these issues is tough. You can't it's a tough one, Okay, Well, you know what that's the problem is now you you asked me about whether I think he was faking his health problem. Yeah, I think he was, and all this other that way, And you would say there's some behavior lately, not long time ago. I'm talking about in recent history that surprises you a little bit with this story, right, yeah, okay, so, but I mean that's so. I just, I just I love anytime Irvan Myrs in the news because I want to get you get your taken out or what's he doing now? I don't know.
Speaker 8: He's an analyst on Fox, that's right. He's part of their Game Days, that's right. Also, I think he's a pretty goodcast.
Speaker 4: To hang out at the bar line, I think too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it was clearly non denominational. It said that in the article non denomination. But he said he was out though, I oh, he said that drew lines. He said, if I didn't let them do a Bible study, he was out. He drew a line right there. Greg attorneys told him, couldn't do it. Okay, when you get off with somebody claiming the religion, I'm not. It's not our place. I can't. It's not our place. I'm just saying that you you I watched your face. That was a little surprising. Yeah, it was. He made that stand. Do you think Tim t Bow believe in well? Coach? I think that you did a great job when you were coaching me and the restigators. The it says, I don't know your heart, y'all, y'all are taking me. I don't. He didn't want to go. Don't let him take you there? Correct one more Tim you swarm. You'll remember about this. Sure Urban Myer said he would walk away from Hollow State Ohio State if they didn't let him do Bible States. We'd go to Tim Tebow for a quote.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I almost did it, Uh like this one the time of the hour.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know, for the wives that he was, he had a soft spot for that. So maybe if for Lisa he might maybe get a pass. But go ahead, Greg.
Speaker 1: No, I was telling y'all that we were talking about deer cameras and all that, and uh, I said, Lisa, I just mentioned she nuts over birds. So your comedist, my wife's nuts over bird push bird feeders everywhere. Yeah, and I mean we redbirds just we have just this unreal how many red birds, and she's all fired up about that. Are you short over it? But a lot of people put like Sherry has out a few. You're talking about an overwhelming amount of theirs one, two, three, about five?
Speaker 7: Five?
Speaker 1: Five? Is it? Are they in a row or summer? In these little bowls and summer and hanging? But anyway, my thing was this new one that for Mother's Day kids got her and the bird lands on it. It takes a picture of it. I've sent it to your phone and even identifies what kind of bird, just like a dear camera. She's getting bird picture. It's a bird cam? Are you on it? In full color? And on them? Are you on it? Am my own one? Do you get the pictures of the birds? No? I haven't. She hadn't even got it all hooked up yet. Are you going to be on it? No? Bird watching? I will not have the bird on my phone. No, you've got on your phone. I've seen there's an app that she's already. Yeah, that's true, Rick, I have that emoji. But there's a there's already an app she has. I ain't buying. It just works. But do you go out and when the birds are tweeting? It'll tell you what type of bird it is doing that tweet, And so you don't think it really does that. I ain't buying that. Do you think it just makes Look here's one bird here now.
Speaker 8: So I have seen a commercial for these, and so you get the app like a simply safe app, and you get a notification like if somebody's at you, like you get a notification if somebody laying, if one, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They'll tell you if you have, it'll tell you what kind of bird is. That's exactly what it is. But for birds, yeah, little little light neighborhood birds. I don't know our area where why? But the red birds, It's unrealman, They'll be nearly twenty out there at the time. You sit there and watching with Are you watch? Are you a bird watcher? If I'm center drinking my coffee, I'll look over outside the window. Are you watching? Are you enjoying it? Or at least I don't like it? But the squirrels are fun to watch, So you go squirrels they'll hang upside down. You know what I say about the squirrels, they're nuts. They're nuts. They'll go in there and just start ranking it out. But then then see you got clean up though, because after a while at bird seed starts stacking up that they drop. So I gotta get up there and shovel What about what what about you're shoveling up?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you? Are you? Are you? I mean how much bird seed do you do with? Oh? Rick, I deal with at least eighty pounds a week.
Speaker 8: At least you're stopping leave, You're stopping at Walmart because I know that's where you stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and get leeds. I do it. It is quick and quick out. Uh huh, Greg, I got you a hook up wild birds unlimited. Yeah. Feed.
Speaker 8: The birds are hungry. Listen, we got I mean here, it gets into a routine and you can't shake it.
Speaker 1: Great. They would love to get you out getting there with you and you talk about Hey, this is Greg bird just for wild birds. My wife Leele and I we've got a camera. We see my favorite of the pretty little blue birds. We have red birds everywhere. Sometimes I sees me it's twenty Yeah, you know the females they're not as bride sitting sipping on coffee and watching birds with my We know about birds. What you're saying is on the tweety thing you're saying that app could say anything. How could you refute it? Yeah? You know if you got a walking bird outside and we can't find it, no, trust me. I heard of balking birdsweek. Yeah, but the camera thing we ain't got to hooked up yet. But no, it will not be coming to my phone. Sure, Michell show me. All you got to do is download the app, get to get the signing. I want a bunch of all day long. I want something to say the bird. Yeah, yes, you and Lee Lee can watch birds to get I wonder what it does when that squirrels hanging up on it.
Speaker 8: Well you could turn the notifications off, but just for us, I would love to see them.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not Cherry loves birds. We haven't gone this far. We haven't gone I don't do eighty pounds of seed and it was some squirrels or the problem.
Speaker 8: I'm not into all this. That's that sounds like a lot to me. Oh, you got an incredible amounts a lot of birds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean two forty pound bags yesterday. Where's where's Leon? When there's there's feral cats out there taking out birds? Well, we ain't got no cats none around. I ain't seen them, just just straight out millions keeping them all. Oh yeah, they'll bust through them. Now, does mister buddy jump up at the bird? No, But if there are a lot of them on the ground, all of a sudden, here he'll come. He'll run in there and bust them up. Great. Do you have a favorite bird? Is the red bird? Yeah? I do? You like a cardinal mail cardinal? Then there's one that I called the ball headed brown dog, and they don't like that. It's got this brown head. I think that's something something else.
Speaker 4: I think that's something else.
Speaker 1: Are you referring to other things for your like when I called it thing? So you say so do bird? Yeah? Yeah, there's some little blue ones look like a finch or something. I'm getting Gerald. I want to hear jeraldko a bird watching, Greg? You're watching? Don't start now?
Speaker 4: You got a yellow hammer?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 4: What about the yellow Yes? What do you don't like it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know what it is. I know the one and I think I saw Leley post a picture. I think Greg, what you may have there and it's a very hard bird to see. Is the endigo bunting? I think she did one time. That's that's it. That's it. Now you're say an indigo bunting. That's a biggie. That's a biggie. And I know you knew that already, but so it so it does like somebody's texting us. Now. Yeah, Like there's the bird and then there's the description below. You've seen one of Wow, so there's the what about it? What about this one? You do have the rose rested? What is that? You have a favorite bird? Now? The red birds are pretty neat because there's so many of them.
Speaker 4: Isn't that a cardinal?
Speaker 1: I guess he just calls it a red bird.
Speaker 4: It's not just the color.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going red birds. How much participantation are you? We have to know in this bird watching? I had to fill them up, but I mean, do you do you men listen together? Do y'all sit there and discuss the birds? Oh? Yeah? Now man, do y'all get out the book. No, you don't have a bird book. No, you need this camera is going to cure them if you're good? No, no, because you want to know what you're looking at. You're talking about the one that claims it can tell what the tweet is. You ain't buying that. You don't have a brother. But this this, this one, the video one will tell you what kind of they are. Oh, it doesn't need a video. Yeah, I didn't know that. I'd like that. Are you buying that they can see them? I don't know, probably not.
Speaker 10: I think you saw a bluebird instead of it the end when you gotten bluebirds too, but you saw no.
Speaker 1: No, I have seen one of those. I love a bluebird because you're a bird watchers. While you've seen them, I'm gonna tell you what I like. And we ain't got none of them faders them humming birds. Yeah, now we have one of those. Why are you not Why you don't have anything? Why you don't have anything from our hots? Next? He hate Jerry got one from my goodness? Are crazy? This isn't recent. This is the around they'll fight. I mean, oh yeah, but man, it's amazing and you don't even know. You see something out of your periff and it's like, yeah, power. They should show me one more time.
Speaker 4: They really are like that. Yeah yeah, put the put the humming bird feeder in a easy to access spot. I put mine up on a hook.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm having to get up on like I'm standing like on the railing of a manster to get that, you know, the sticky, sticky sugary.
Speaker 4: Stuff out of there.
Speaker 1: Easy spot to get to you if you hung it at it in it. But it can't be too I have.
Speaker 8: To stand up on a reilm Okay, Greg, I know one thing that you don't do is is pay attention to detail in some situation.
Speaker 1: So when you're pouring out the birds are you? Are you pretty messy?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty us everywhere? What kind of firepower are they are? The birds putting out? You see a lot of not really, not too bad.
Speaker 4: They'll make a mess.
Speaker 1: We're outing the grass. Okay.
Speaker 4: They're called bird buddy.
Speaker 1: By the way, I have no idea bird, but I'm bird buddy.
Speaker 4: You're my bird buddy. Oh yeah, I like birds.
Speaker 1: I'm a birdwatcher. Baby brother is a bird buddy. He's a buddy to all the birds. Look he's trying to ignore us.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want to get rid of the squirrels. You like the squirrels, right? Yeah? I like watching their their ads. Ale very.
Speaker 4: You can have my squirrels buddy, now in a rabbit run up there?
Speaker 1: Need it? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 1: If you want to find the tails go to the Maanchurch dot com. UH, just look under events and you'll see all the information there for Saturday. And you can also pick up a copy uh and even get a sign copy for Father's Day at the Manchurch dot com. The new book released today, Men Don't Run in the Rain, and we've talked about that quite a bit as well. If you missed that, Hello, welcome to the Rick Bircher Show. Unscreenphone calls go.
Speaker 11: Ahead, Hey, Rick, Hey you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 1: We're good, buddy, hope you're all right? Good?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 11: It sounds like you might know something about the stocks, as you mentioned, you know, if you've been hanging in there, you know, might come out good. So I've never bought stocks. Do you would you recommend buying some stocks? And if so, what which ones?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 1: Not? Listen to me? I know nothing. If you were to ask a question of me that that I don't can't think of another one that I would be dumber.
Speaker 11: I got you just predicting that it's going out.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about no, and I just said that. Called somebody else? Did I don't know?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: The reports? Yeah, speak seeing listening to people who know uh and it. Plus, it just makes sense. I mean, if the market is people get nervous, so they don't like the state of the world, it's bad. If they start being feeling good about the state of the world and and the and where America sits. If a trade deal is bad and prices go up, people panic. If the trade deal gets good, uh, and it actually levels the playing field, then the stock market seems like it would get happy. But no, do not take stock advice from me if you want to see something go south. The only brilliant move I ever made was I tried to get a bunch to buy stock in Krispy Kreme one time, and they said, Rick, what's your expertise on this? You know what I said? People will eat donuts, no matter what's going on with the inside of me. People will eat donuts no matter. We could be in World War three and people eat donuts. So but so, I don't know it half about it. So I appreciate you thinking I might. Though Alt is about to jump in. He's got it. You're gonna do a whole full thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna talk about a bitcoin, which it's three times higher than any time, I've told people to buy it anyways. Uh, just to to Rick's point, if you look at this is the s and P over the last year. Right here is when Trump announced all these tariffs and everybody panicked in the market.
Speaker 4: Gown she goes went in a deep time. This was the liberation day when Trump announced all those tariffs.
Speaker 10: If you just hung out or even bought some more down here, even down here, it is recovering and going nuts, especially with news on these trade deals happening. As far as financial advice, get out of debt, that's the number one thing. Being in debt and having okay, pay off that interest will be the best thing you can do for you. And then yes, I'm gonna recommend if you're really looking to set your financial life up, well check out Dave Ramsey.
Speaker 1: And but but I will answer the question. And you just answered, Dadlert. You asked when was the time to buy? You missed it? Because now it's up. Sure, you kind of missed the time to buy.
Speaker 10: And as far as your money just sitting in a bank account or putting it into the market, you're you're gonna be much better off, especially trying to beat inflation, which has been the bear as far as for American people over the last four years thanks to Biden.
Speaker 4: You don't want it just to sit is basically, so yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: You get comfortable's not talking.
Speaker 4: Rick's not listening, So I'm gonna stop talking.
Speaker 1: Everything you just said, You've already told me that benefit texting about that was for the benefit of the audience. Yes, we continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Hey, you pose Taylor Swift with her life sized cardboard cut out from twenty fifteen. She can't get behind it because she blowed up like a tick.
Speaker 1: Telling about that's a I stuff. These pictures of Taylor Swift not being large, they couldn't get behind me. Those are not like a tig. Those are not real.
Speaker 4: Pickure, No, that's not real, y'all.
Speaker 1: My goodness, Rick Burgers Show, unscreenphone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Good morning, go Rick cany to call you out. You scoffed a Brigg last week because he was still playing a gym membership after three years. You've been paying like ten thousand dollars first stwards unit.
Speaker 1: It's not ten thousand ouurs the math, But there's something you know what it is you guys. It's not cluttering up my house. Yeah, grig, why we did the math? Y'all should have got rid of it while you were up there that day. You did cancel it, right, y'all got everything out? No, it's not out.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 8: You mean when I went with you and we pulled it up and it was just that little thing of furniture, I thought you were like, all right, that's it is going out.
Speaker 1: Where am I gonna put it? You're still paying for that? Well, I mean, you know I need you more to keep it. Rick, Where am I gonna put it? What? Don't get rid of it? Sherry wants it? And I said for what you claim she did, I don't know. I feel you pay. Oh my goodness. I thought you would.
Speaker 8: You would declared because you were holding court with me coming out of there. You had declared that this is getting out of here. I know, and you were getting rid of it. I know, but you're still paying for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm addicted, destroyed you. I'm going to go back when I took that picture. If you ever had a drug addict say they're done, they rarely are. Oh my goodness. I don't want to bring it up. On the thing. But the guy with a good one. He's talking about Adler, he said. And this is from the guy who almost got scammed last year.
Speaker 4: Almost the key word there. Hey, I didn't say listen to me. I said, listen to Dave Ramsey.
Speaker 1: Real quick. Since I'm throwing out shout outs, I forgot my rick, I forgot my son's birthday. Thank goodness, you got somebody's mercery. You should have heard it. Wayne, you got Wayne in. I don't know what day. I know when this birthday is, but I wait a minute, what is today? Thirteenth? Okay, I thought I missed mine too, But my son's twenty third, right, yeah, yeah, this month we got we got all the kids in our family. Well, we got a lot of birthdays and man, yeah, so many? Maybe thirty four? How about that? Taylor Bird's thirty four? Come on, you should have heard him earlier, trying to figure out how old he was. Yeah, Taylor, Yeah, yeah, I knew it was. By the way, it's Maybury's birthday, Tyler's white. Well, how about that?
Speaker 8: Today's a lot of birthday birthdays today. But that's funny you trying to figure that out in the break. Ah, let me take he's over, he's over thirty.
Speaker 1: He don't need to mention. I said, once they get a certain age. I mean you got to say, have birthday to your son. I'm sure he's really tuned in. Fine young man, he is, coach. Look forward to seeing him Saturday. I'm coming timetown. Ive already told him I'm coming in hot. Yeah, Marin's birthday and my granddaughter. That's gonna be fun. She turned for this past Saturday. I'm coming in hot, coming in hot, uncle, Uncle Rick coming in. We can't there you go go wide open. Well, you can take the short cut through. Uh I'm well, yeah, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be in Prattville. Was speaking on Saturday, Lord Willing. And then after that's over, I'm headed to the birthday party. This one here will give you the short cut if you mention it. Well, I have something called you know GPS. Well now, but you don't have the Greg Burgess.
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, that through from south of south of Birmingham to uh Over over where they live.
Speaker 1: You've taken it before. Yeah, you don't remember you talking about how pretty put in the entry. I just have an address. I just put in the address. Oh yeah, but he want me coming from there. He's fit down and pratful. So that's Montgomery, right, But won't he come up and then come over? Does he have to come back to? Can I just put the address in? Guys? I don't know. I mean, you have to use GPS. Yeah? Why you actually you don't know what I'm part of it? Yeah, oh my gosh, you have to use GPS.
Speaker 4: Rick, that's Greg. You're right, Greg Navigation System.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, Gregs sounded like I was crazy. I know, I couldn't remember where their house was. Well, you didn't remember his birthday? The house was a little bit of stretch like coming from there. I couldn't. I couldn't. As a matter of fact, I didn't know it was Taylor's birthday because I knew his birthday was this month. You know it's today, so that all the time to this weekend. Got a little gift for Taylor to oh really, Yeah, it's a dining room suit at the table, got it chairs and a china cab. I want you to if you Rick ben in family for you been in the fan for your son, good, I'm gonna give that to you.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And here's a little side table for you knew offer.
Speaker 8: By the way, it's both. It's on both of us. I really I thought they were going to the other place to realize it was going to Chelsea.
Speaker 1: That's on me. Yeah. Why don't y'all just stay out of my driving for y'all can be lost. Yeah, that's a good point. Uh, this is interesting today and it's going to tie in, you know, don't y'all all just I can't wait to hear what Sonny hostin says. I can talk about that mental John, I think, Man, what does Sonny think about it? She's so Sonny. First of all, let's go to the video you have here Adler uh four b newly elected Pope Leo the fourteenth, right, so Leo.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're saying that there was an l G B t Q flag, the dreaded rainbow flag. Uh, and it was presented to Pope Leo and he purposely turned away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's walking down this line.
Speaker 7: Here is no flag.
Speaker 4: You can you'll see it's coming up on the line and be careful. Seems intentional. It seems intentional. He turns away.
Speaker 10: And then there's the gigantic Pride flag here and then as soon as he passes that flag, he comes back.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just that. That no demonstrating though, why are we for surprise that somebody is supposed to maybe in the position of the Pope. I tell you what surprising is if he went over and grabbed it and shrouded himself in it, that would be surprising. And let me ask you this, is it proper to hand the Pope any flag walking through waving it out. Who gives the Pope a flag?
Speaker 10: Nobody does, greg People try to kiss his hand, people try to pull all kinds of weird things on the Pope.
Speaker 4: Of course, Pope Francis would have like wiped his tears with the Pride.
Speaker 1: Flag if he had, said Adler at Rick burgesshow dot com that didn't say that, not even I mean, so, Sonny is mad about this, but she's now turned. She's back liking Pope Leo again. She did not like this, claiming I didn't know. I guess Francis was more inclusive than than Leo is being in Sonny's opinion so far, especially dealing with the LGBTQ community. But how about this, Sonny is back on Pope Leo's I love him training you know why because Pope Leo is black, is he yes? Sonny says he is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think they found the that like his grandparents, they were listed as colored or something to that effect.
Speaker 1: And she found that out. It says it, says Pope Leo. She's learned maternal grandparents were described as people of color on documents, with his grandfather's original birthplace listed as HATI. So Sonny has now declared I didn't like the way he acted about the flag, but I'm back in because we have the first ever black pope. So if you ignore the LBG elemental p flag, that's bad. But if you're black you can ignore it. That's correct. If he's he's still ignored. You know how we talk about you, Hitch. I don't think he did from watching him, but their accusation. Anytime the left us have a playoff, we always enjoy that. And what we found out today is being a person of color is that Trump's not being inclusive with LGBTQ. That gives you a path, He gives you a pass. Black Pope, can it? Nor the flag? White Pope? Camp? I got it? Did you did?
Speaker 4: And I'm not messing around. Did y'all see that Pope Leo. Y'all. Y'all are making jokes about him being from Chicago. Poor guy.
Speaker 10: Maybe he's a white Sox fan. He actually made the broadcast in two thousand and five at the game one of the World Series. Hey, look nervous too, he's a fan, you guys were right. Yeah, it'll show him here on the left. That's him right there.
Speaker 1: There, he is right there. Oh wow, So I was just kind of making a joke.
Speaker 4: Yes, he made the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Well he doesn't know about suffering. Then we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: And they'll also get to come to the Coca Cola patio and hang out tomorrow. But you can come to uh and we'll see there also some of you, like, for instance, I just got a message, you know with the men Don't Run in the Rain being out today and and the person was saying, hey, I want to sign copy, uh, but I want it to be to a certain person. That's gonna be a little complicated because you know, it's hard to figure out you know which book that you bought on the sign copy. Now we'll be we'll be signed a bunch of them tomorrow. But what I would say is you know, we got a lot of stuff we get out and about and UH is to find a way when once you get yours, if you want it personalized, Uh, then we can find another way to do that. You know, might be where I'll be somewhere speaking or doing. You can bring it. I'll be happy to sign it there. Uh. You won't be able to get them in time enough for to bring any tomorrow because we're just now ordering them today. They're just now went on sale. But but you know, probably go ahead and get you a book. Uh, and then we'll if you want it personalized, you know, we'll have to find another way to do that, because that's almost impossible when you're talking about a stack of books signing and the orders have come in and you don't really know who they're all tied to. So that's that's a little more difficult. But you know, we'll work the best we can to do that. Also, somebody asking about tomorrow saying once again tomorrow. This is this person that keeps asking about how they can get the whole show by not joining the show till it's two hours old, and they were like, well, I'm speaking more about tomorrow specifically. Well, you know, I just have to say, and I know this is out there. You could start listening to the show earlier. That's one way, But the other is alarm clock that we told you that you know. I'm not sure because I don't obviously listen to the show on an app. I actually do the show. I know you can do this on the archive, but those of you that are a little more savvy with the tune in app or the iHeartRadio apps, could the person not do the same thing that you can do on YouTube, go ahead and rewind back if you're streaming the audio as well, and start at the beginning. I don't know if you can do that or not.
Speaker 10: I think those apps are live you could probably once you join them, maybe pose it. But as far as going back if you did not have the app open already, I don't think tune in or those apps you can go back in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna have to say to this person, Yeah, okay, good, I'm gonna say to this person. I'm just gonna break it down for you. You're gonna have to get up earlier tomorrow. You are okay either join either joined the show earlier, or just be okay with catching the rest of it on the archive later, go ahead and join two hours in and then when the archive comes out it's the same day it comes out. Go back and catch what you miss, right. I think that's gonna that's probably gonna be your best road, the best road to victory. Yeah, okay, And if late we were referring to, you know, Greg running around shirtless or something like that. Later and add Adler's gonna be documenting. We're gonna be documenting, so you should have plenty uh to enjoy. Uh. Adler, did you see Alison Chains canceled the tour? Are you okay in there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Drummer?
Speaker 4: So I'm just a man in the box right now.
Speaker 1: You so that's funny, drummer suffers medical emergency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so do you not?
Speaker 1: I mean you say that this person there's not anything they can do about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They didn't say what it was.
Speaker 10: And initially they weren't canceling the entire tour, but I think they've canceled every every, every bit of it.
Speaker 1: Emergency. Yeah, they didn't disclose. It's to your point, what was wrong? You just said, Hey, it's just the best best that we just cancel everything.
Speaker 10: I saw Alison Chains uh in Birmingham with Greg's son, by the way, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yes, Greg forgot his birthday today.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I didn't forget. But man, they are great.
Speaker 10: They're still great, and they got they did get obviously. They got a new lead singer and he's a little bit younger, which allows him to hit those notes. But he's not like oddly out of place young. I'm a big Allison Chains fan.
Speaker 1: But oh gosh, they said they just revealed what the problem was. What it was n onions. Okay, I'll you hear about it.
Speaker 4: I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Okay, none of your business, right, but that's what happened. But anyway, the I've never heard Allison change ever. Yes, wy, I don't like Alison. I've never listened to Yeah, they got a song called Rooster. You got a song called Hate. I missed that.
Speaker 4: Four seconds?
Speaker 1: Would you get hey? What about it? Also? I love their cover of Farmer in the dell Rick.
Speaker 4: This is a I can't believe you've given Alison change nothing.
Speaker 1: I've given them zero.
Speaker 10: Their vocal harmonies are it's like the Eagles meets Pantera or something.
Speaker 1: Man. No, I'm not saying look, I'm just you know, it's kind of weird now that y'all saying this. I think sometimes, you know, marketing is such a big deal. I can honestly say I have no opinion on their music because I've never listened to it. Because of the name of the band. But when I hear the term Allison Change, I'm like, I never given them anything. You're right, I may like them, but I've never listened to their music and said I don't like it. I've just never listened to their music. So how about that in front of that with the drummer having a medical merger, you would know the one the one boy in the box, Man in the box and I know that so good. Oh that's the song about his dadd in Vietnam. That's I got that on. I got that off the text.
Speaker 10: Know that?
Speaker 1: Do you agree with this? From the tech from the Tee's No Mister T's mother from the text Nation Jerry Cantrell is one of the best modern that modern day guitarists. You agree with that?
Speaker 4: Cantrell is awesome?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Here, just listen to this harmony, your harmonies right here, Rick, just listen real quick, real quick. Let me find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was that was not like the Beatles when they were weird and on drugs. No bad music coming out. Wow, just do it or just have or do that.
Speaker 7: I'll do it.
Speaker 4: It sounds.
Speaker 1: Do you like what am I getting from it? Do you like Alison Jones?
Speaker 8: I don't know a whole lot about him, but that's one or two songs ten so I don't turn it.
Speaker 5: Would he is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I'm not familiar with this. This is more your area. Speedy Chiefs, super fan Chiefs A Halic. Are you familiar with the super fan uh? The Ones cheefs up super fan Chiefs A Halic. I don't know if we're saying that right, Chiefs A Halic. Okay, Chiefs. So he's a chief Sahlic like he's a chief SA Holic. Oh the Jeeves, Well he's been the thirty two years in prison and he's going to prison in Oklahoma too.
Speaker 4: Oh oh it's this guy. I've seen this guy.
Speaker 1: Is that that him?
Speaker 4: I think that's him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen that guy.
Speaker 4: That's who they're talking to.
Speaker 7: Greg.
Speaker 1: He's going to jail, buddy for what wait, robbed a bank? Robbed a bank? Wearing that robbing a Tulsa area bank. Sadly, he probably would not have been identified if he had not had this outfit to who that is? So he's not tiltsa king?
Speaker 8: So uh he is.
Speaker 1: It's a sentence that will be carried out. What is he already serving time somewhere else? Yes, he's already in a federal prison in the world. So these thirty two years is just for state prison. He's already serving time in a federal period prison. So unlike you're robbing banks, right, he's only thirty thumbs down. What a waste. He appeared ago do that for the rest of your life. You're only thirty. He says that he he appeared in a Tulsa courtroom. He apologized to the court, and the victoriss up anymore. He did this in twenty twenty two. Uh, he robbed. Oh, this guy just gets worse. You're not gonna be what he robbed the Tulsa teacher's credit union target. Can you imagine being Can you imagine being the attorney here? First you say, I take off that. Yeah. In the middle of COVID, he said that he is sincere remorse and he said, I take full responsibility for my actions. Go chiefs. I don't get it. Would you have to go Chiefs? I did have to go to Let me ask you this. If you're going to dress up for your favorite team, the Chiefs, why are you a wolf? I don't understand. Greg. He's the Chief's haul of Chief Wolf chief what he is? He already was serving more than seventeen years here it is in the federal prison for a string of eleven bank robberies across seven states. James, Well, let me know. He makes it count. He stole nearly eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Okay, well, would you like to know why he stole it? I can't wait to tell you why. I bet is good. But everybody, are you all ready for this? You talked about a character. He went out and did all this for one reason. He needed to finance his social media stardom. Oh okay, I thought if it was you were a star on social media that actually paid you. Yep. He's described as a serial robber who traumatized these victims and numerous of other victims across the country. So there we are. If you would like to uh follow him, it's at Chiefs a holic on social media. Good gracious, So I'm like, Greg, I can't want to know what he wore into the Yeah, did he wear the wolf head? What that might tip everybody off? Watched the guy with a wolf.
Speaker 4: I think this is really him honestly right here? That's okay.
Speaker 1: So we got we got a hoodie and something. There's there's a Chiefs of holic.
Speaker 4: I don't know why he's a gray wolf though.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what what did the Chiefs have to do with wolves? And are we missing something?
Speaker 4: So I said a wolf costume. So we slapped on a chiefs jersey in a hat and he.
Speaker 5: Was like, well, I'm a chiefs Auler.
Speaker 1: I guess I guess, I guess you're right?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: All right? Wake up? How about this? F DA says dangerous substance known as gas station heroin, I'm not poses a major risk to young people gas station gas station heroin? What makes it? Be gased? Their sounding of the alarm dangerous drug and I told you the name of it. It can lead to serious harm, including death.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're saying that they're very concerned. Often called I don't know why gas station heroin? And they said the reason why here? He g is okay. I found it. It's sold in gas stations through a variety of products, despite the drug not being approved by the FDA. So the FDA said, I'm very very concerned. I'm going public. This is a dangerous product and serious it rose it poses a huge risk for America's youth. I guess I guess if any age of you took it. I guess they were the ones they like hiding legal products or something. Yeah, somebody, somebody goes to get a little vape. Next thing you know, there it is, m watch out for the product called Neptune's Elixir that'll get you. So there you go. That's the hair one. I guess they're hiding it in that. Okay, So there you go. A woman today has made for some reason, national news. Unsuspecting mother mother says she was flattered by the nicest young man. It turned out to be that she was on a flight with Travis Hunter, the number one pick in the NFL. She said, she said, I will, I will get his jersey. I did not know who he was, uh, but we uh we spent time on a United flight last week. He sat next to me, and I was very flattered by how kind and wonderful he was as a young man when when I figured out that he was some big deal in football, I thought to myself, Now that's somebody's jersey i'd like to have. So I guess he's got the star ide there it is, she said. She said that she also there was another man sitting not far from her that kept calling himself legendary. She said, I found him to be not so loving. Yeah, I did not want his jersey. No jersey for me. I understand, I understand that I need that. If I to get it, he's gonna have to do something with the Cleveland brow.
Speaker 4: He kept yelling at us from first class. It was better than us.
Speaker 1: JUDR Sanders, how about this? First of all, is Travis Hunter gonna do well? Oh yeah? Do you think he'll end up playing on one side of the ball? Though, Yeah, I don't think he'll be like a And then if I think he'll play defense, and then they'll put him in third down, So you think defense will be his main POSI? Yeah, And then I don't mean I'm right, well, no, you make to me, to me, you're that's just sensible because if I'm gonna have to play defense, I'm gonna have to be getting after it. If I'm a receiver that goes out every now and then runs a pattern, I could much easier pop in on the offense than pop in on the defense, don't you think?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, because they were saying he could probably starting on defense tomorrow what I mean.
Speaker 1: But on offense you got to learn the scheme. And I'm not really see him.
Speaker 8: If I him, I could see him page being a weapon on offense and then maybe getting thrown in on some certain defensive packages.
Speaker 1: What do you see do you remember? Don't know? I remember they used Dion? Yeah, yeah, I see, I see him being more like that. Yeah, because Dion was just a world class athlete, he didn't need to have a learn the whole offense. They would just say, why don't we get in there and get the ball to Dene? See if you make something happen, right, and him kind of be that guy. Yeah, he's special though. Yeah, yes, so we'll see and she do her will he be legendary? Yeah, we'll see. I don't know. I say, trying to do that from the Browns is tough, but yeah it is. Hey, hear from the Rick Burgers Show. If you love to hear Chaos Live shows on location, Always chaotic, and we're on location tomorrow. Schedule to be on the show Trent Dilferbo Jackson, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tuberville, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson on Tomorrow's edition of The Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV