Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, Brenda and.
Speaker 2: I have a bet. I can't wait till you mend and knee.
Speaker 1: I want to do that, man. We got a vibe check on the team. We talk about free agents, we talk about trades, we talk about the draft, the direction this team is going. Man, we are stoped and we got a run down. We break down the NFC East. Where's everybody at and where do we fit? It? All starts right now. Welcome to The Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Volser with Fred Spoot and Tantama said. As always, we're sented by Cogyo Technology, Secure Today, Shape Tomorrow, and before we get into our wonderful show today, we got some housekeeping to take care of. So I don't know if you guys haven't been paying attention. Fred and I have a bet. It's about It's a draft bet. Fred, Yeah, And so basically on our other show, Take It to the Draft Podcast makes you check that out if you want all draft content. It's an hour a week of strictly draft stuff. Last year we did something where we said these are our surefire prospects, and so these guys are for sure gonna hit and in the bet basically, I don't remember the exact wording, but one of us has to get down on the knee if we lose and say that you are the best draft analysts. And I am terrible because I am so lone.
Speaker 2: That he's the gul Right, I'm the draft guru.
Speaker 3: He is the So my question is, is this gonna be the first bet you win or have a have a chance to win, because I feel like you'll bet two or three times a year.
Speaker 2: I don't know one of them that you won, yet this might be the one.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm a little nervous, So I don't remember exactly who I picked, but I do remember picking two guys that were injured for most of the year, and I do remember I don't remember the exact guy's Fred picked, but I remember he picked some absolutely crazy people. And so I don't know. Did you go back and listen to the show?
Speaker 2: You know what? I haven't, But it seems to me that you're a little Fred.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fred, I'm a little afraid because in terms of things in my life that I don't want to do, getting on a knee in front of you and saying you're the best is something I don't want to do.
Speaker 2: Every day, the sun gonna shine down.
Speaker 1: Just because you're you are so confident. Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 3: I don't need that because he aligned tell everybody you did it, even if you didn't do it. You know, so it has to be recorded because he would tell everybody the story.
Speaker 2: About what you do.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you said that. So in order to make it for for posterity, for the record, we're gonna we're gonna air the bet being executed on the Command Center Show Bird, and it'll be on TV on your birthday.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy, you're gonna do it on my birthday.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't. I didn't. That's something Jason Is said. Jason, I think Maddie you should probably get mad and Maddie producer Maddie Caroline might have been on that decision. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, I hate to say if you were riding the tape five years ago, before we started really working together, I called it out on a draft special that Deebo Samuels would be my second round pig.
Speaker 2: He turned out to be a star. Now he's in washed.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let me just say this. You can pick one person that you were right on every year. You can do that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I can cher death Rickling draft.
Speaker 4: I think I went ten to fifteen. No, W told you I went sometimes like he gonna think about it. That makes us different. You're more analytical. You want numbers, you want this me. I need to set my eyes on them. I'm a field guy. I need to be around this guy. I want to know who they love.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say one thing. I'm gonna say one thing. I'm gonna say one name. Let me say one name. Emmanuel Forbes. I was. I was.
Speaker 2: He was mishandled.
Speaker 1: I was not as high on him.
Speaker 2: No, he was mishandled by a coach.
Speaker 5: That's all I remember.
Speaker 2: He was mishandled. Can we can we say?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is what I say. Like anybody, I can go through any draft at us and be like, what about so and so? What about this? Like this is the draft, this is why it's hard and so I'm not it's not a criticism.
Speaker 2: I apologize this point. I think you said for because it was a it was a personal connection.
Speaker 3: The j I mean, he didn't play well. Hire he's elsewhere. Now that's hopefully have a you know, it turned out to have a great career.
Speaker 2: We just had so much in coming. I was pulling for you need me from.
Speaker 1: Missis pulling for him. The talent on the film was there, and you weren't the only one who felt that way, right, So I think that's the thing is like when you say what the thing I have I have umbradge with is the fact you said you went ten for ten. Because there's no chance you went ten for ten.
Speaker 2: I did. I went one hundred percent, one hundred lips. You can't help You cannot help himself. That's why you got a fact check him. Why y'all y'all fact check me?
Speaker 4: Like every time I say something, Like every time I say something, even in the office, every time I say something, they fact checking everything that I say.
Speaker 2: Well, I told him.
Speaker 4: Now today that a chainsaw was designed for not cutting trees, for c six.
Speaker 2: Did you not know?
Speaker 1: No way, that's true. It's true, Caroline, Caleb is true. Caleb Key is her name, but K.
Speaker 2: I don't even say key. It is with a K. At the end of the day, you can do your research.
Speaker 4: Chainsaws were designed for Sea six from Mount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his mouth to your So we got an intern. Caroline, She's gonna are you still an intern, Caroline, No, I'm gonna produce her now.
Speaker 2: Also bred literally the first thing that pops up.
Speaker 4: No, casus were not originally invented, but rather a medical tool to aid in childbirth, specifically.
Speaker 1: To assist sections.
Speaker 5: No, but he says specifically the literal persons.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, Well, he was close. Thing.
Speaker 3: So the crazy thing about it, he almost is always close.
Speaker 2: Even if he's not right. That's right, He's always close.
Speaker 1: He's always in the ballpark. So basically, let's make sure we check out that show Bett executed. I'm nervous. Friend's excited. He thinks he's got this in the bag. But basically, it's like the person that gets to be the draft expert for the next year he.
Speaker 5: Called the draft.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid that if I had to get down on the knee, my bag might give that.
Speaker 1: I still I think about that. I was I was at I was at film co the other day and I looked across. I thought Fred was laying right there, right on the ground.
Speaker 5: The way the way his luck is, he's probably gonna get.
Speaker 2: And guess what.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that they happened, because that they showed me mortality that I had crossed. I have crossed the threshold. And it also said store back working out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's what if it had done anything to me? Hot, yogi bet do something.
Speaker 1: But Tenner, he's been telling us you gonna work out. He's like, I've been working out for two years.
Speaker 5: Now you work out.
Speaker 1: I gotta start working out.
Speaker 2: No bumping his gums every day.
Speaker 5: That's what it's worked out.
Speaker 2: It's nothing.
Speaker 4: There's nothing more humbly than listening to cors and truck drive past you while you lay on the ground in front of a gas station because your back.
Speaker 2: Then went out.
Speaker 3: And I guarantee you, while you was on your back, you were reaching for your pocket seeing if you had a question on it.
Speaker 2: Got my light on me.
Speaker 3: Anywhere you get on the ground, you want to you want to put a a more brutal You know what.
Speaker 2: Really helped me when somebody drove hands there and blew their hole. It's wild.
Speaker 1: It's mild to me that no one came over and helped. It's just like no one even was like, hey man, you are a right.
Speaker 2: That happened in the richest kind of American people got.
Speaker 4: No love, no love, And this is not like I was laying there for a minute.
Speaker 2: I was legitimly down.
Speaker 1: But say to me, you should have called me man, I would have come by and helped you out.
Speaker 2: My keys come help. Now you got it? Pop?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So well watch the show. My friend's back goes out. That'd be great to see, if you know, if I don't know if I'm gonna say it to you, I don't know if I can tell this deal. I know it is. I don't want to say it though. I really don't want to say it.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, a lot of people don't like to say true things to people.
Speaker 1: Man, the truth, the.
Speaker 2: Good rule versus the nerd. I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it. But we're gonna do it. We're gonna check it out, check it out. All right. So now it's time to get to the show. After that lovely housekeeping section, now it's the vibe check, right, So vibe check, we're just kind of talking state of the union, where the team's at after all the trades, what's going on, and then kind of looking forward to the draft a little bit. All right. So the first thing, and I think it's very exciting, is we don't need to worry about quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yes, for a long time.
Speaker 4: They just thank God because we have been on this roller coaster. All right, Think about all the quarterbacks. I started off with Jim George as a quarterback my rookie year. It ended up being Tony Banks body.
Speaker 2: He was the guy that hit his head on the wall. He was it before.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, you're talking about now you want to hear though you're talking about Uh.
Speaker 5: It was in two thousands.
Speaker 2: He was in college. Yeah, and he scored such down he was drafted the same years he's Shootler Gus for Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great memory, Fred, great memory.
Speaker 2: Gus for Rock. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So who was the last franchise quarterback in Washington? Was the thisman?
Speaker 3: We don't have to give RG three his props, but he was only there for a year though I know it, but he was there four year?
Speaker 1: Was it Kirk Cousins? Is that another one that Kirk?
Speaker 2: I say Kirk was most different even the relationship was always.
Speaker 1: But not with the fans, with the ownership.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying he always kind of own the outs.
Speaker 4: I would have to say the last true franchise quarterback, no matter how vast his talent, is Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 5: I think the last two you can argaly saying either r G or Kirk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then before that, I'm just for Jason Campbell.
Speaker 3: Jay was never don franchise quarter That's what he was drafted as the first round.
Speaker 2: He was here for three or four years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we gave him so many coordinators. I don't think we really gave a chance to be special. Before that, it was like this carousel.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like I was just thinking about, like just what you were talking about, all those guys, like there wasn't anybody that kind of came in.
Speaker 2: And yes, it stabilized the franchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think back in it was like was it Thiseman or was it someone after him?
Speaker 4: Well got out the records, so right now is up today? Thiseman is the number one quarterback?
Speaker 1: Is that your franchise quarterback? Is there? Is that? Is it? Thisman? Is it? I mean, sunny, I think, but obviously that's before so I don't know that that's really a shame and samon Ba And it's so crazy to think about what Jaden does now, you know, like and how the off season is different. Like I think about like everyone's talking about you need number two out of receiver. I'm like, when you got a quarterball.
Speaker 2: Back, it don't matter who's it. Number two.
Speaker 4: He just show listen to me. He showed you I can make anybody better. I'm a true force smoteiply. That's where you know you got a franchise quarterback. We can go through Tom Brady wide receiver group. They was different every year.
Speaker 2: Yea, like every year.
Speaker 3: Same way with Pat Mahomes, you haven't he hadn't had a show guy since three left. So and the same thing we talk about when we talk about defensive backs, like you don't need the top two or three corners when you got as rushers, when you got a great defensive front. So that's what we've been saying all last year. And it was great to see that we was able to show the world, you know, to show the NFL that last year with god like no guys like the kids, yeah no, uh, you know all of them, Jameson, all those guys who was here, all was capable of being that leader at that given day when you gave him a chance.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the next stuff for him? You know, Jaden, because I think about last year, a lot of quick game, a lot of kind of r PO, a lot of like kind of deleveraged shows and obviously made big places think moments.
Speaker 4: This is just more maturity, like he gonna think about it. We know it's more. As we play, the more it slows down. If he was debt dangerous from the first taste, now that the game that slowed down for him, because you can't get no bigger than the NFC Championship. He's showing under pressure, I get better underpressure. Things slow down for me. He's gonna go back to the lamb and say, all right, I need to be throwing this instead of this like he's just gonna correct. He gonna he's gonna self correct himself, and I think this would gonna make him even more dangerous. I can look for him to run less. I hate to say that his legs always be a whipping, but I look for him to run less and let his legs dictate what the defense calls so he can use his arm to beat them.
Speaker 2: I think consistency is key.
Speaker 3: I think at any position in our game, if he can come back, because you know, it's highly unlikely that things are gonna pan out the way this.
Speaker 2: Year the way he did last year. Yeah, but too many cups.
Speaker 3: But as a player, you know, all you want to do is be the person you were or better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see what I'm saying. You want to see his response.
Speaker 3: You want to see him be able to navigate the offense the way he did last year, but now at a different level because now this year too, Now he's a little more wise, So he's a little more better with things.
Speaker 5: He's he's gonna you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So if he was that sharp out the gate, then all you want to do is see him be as sharp and then even sharper at times when they take when they're giving us something, Oh, it ain't gonna be no love.
Speaker 5: And now you're gonna see more of the I got this guy.
Speaker 2: One on one.
Speaker 3: Let me go to him, you know what I mean, taking advantage of some of the things that he probably you know, held back from him because he wanted to go through the you know, the Florida and that.
Speaker 4: We got them some more weapons. So more weapons makes your job more easier. Like we got guys that that's good. And yet with Deebo Sam's we got teary that's in his bag. Like we got guys that's gonna land him in Tumsa is the one we need to talk about. He's gonna give him what he really needs, and it's time, like time for deep plays to develop down the field, time to run them with what I feel like we should have ran more of that. I think we are gonna run more of It's like the intermediate fifteen yard dig routes.
Speaker 2: They take time to do that. You gotta have a line, a line of blocking say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I look for us to take that part of the field more than we did because to me, we was like, either throw it quick, are we gonna throw it down the field? Like to me, we didn't have that. Like that's what made get hard for us to stop the greatest show on turf when we had to play.
Speaker 3: The Rams had average drifts, they had the end, they had those twelve and fifteen and curls and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that means they gonna average more than ten year olds to catch because five of my seven catches are fifteen yard dig rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think you bring up a lot of good stuff there. So Tanny're talking about consistency and developing and I think one of the things that again we expect him to do that on his owner because he's a special guy. But I also love what this the staff's done, right, Adam Dan, what they've done. They've done a really good job of kind of saying, hey, like we've got the left tackle, we've got debo. And so I think, now, like with these pieces, like you already hit it there a little bit, Fred, but like what's the like what like how does the offense look different? And does this help Jayden kind of take that next step? I mean, I think so. I think the answers are quivocally yes. But I want to ask you.
Speaker 5: Guys, yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, because you got to look at how the league is gonna try to change and try to say, Okay, let's see if he's that guy, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I haven't heard it, but I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that. I just feel like every year is going to be that test. You want to get a team that's going to say, all right, we're gonna sit back now again. We're gonna let them do something more than what we allowed him to do last year. We're not gonna rush them. Last year he didn't run as much he ran when he had to he ran and got in trouble. But when you build around him, like how we brought in Tunsu and brought in these other extra bodies, that's going to probably be depth pieces for us in our office. In line, we have to establish a better run game. We have to have a sustainable run game from week one to seventeen. I feel that the run game is gonna be key because now that's gonna allow us to always dictate what we're gonna get out there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If we allow the defenses.
Speaker 3: To say, well, they ain't running, well we're gonna sit back, then it's always gonna be tougher because I don't care who you are. As a passer, when gods are in your lane, it's tough to throw the ball to them.
Speaker 2: You don't have the weapons, so it's gonna be checked down and all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like that's the part of the game that I hope offensively.
Speaker 5: That we don't have to sit here and still be trying to you know.
Speaker 3: Correct like, oh man, we gotta run better, we gotta run back, we gotta you know, we gotta you know, a run block better.
Speaker 5: And that's what I want to see from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also I think like when you look at the teams that gave the Commanders a hard time last year, like Pittsburgh Philly teams that were able to play man coverage, press up and win with four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like now obviously with the addition of Laramie Tunshel's like you lose the like that becomes less effective because you've moved Brandon Coleman over. Yeah, You've got like a really solid corps of guys. And so again like now like Terry can take a little bit more time to win versus man covers, Right, So I think that that's something again, like we this is what I've always I appreciated about this offseason. I feel like they're making smart decisions about issues that they had last year and finding pieces to get it done. Because like d Bow, again it's not like a great man piece, but he elevates your base offense. Right, So, like they all kind of fit into these roles and if the perfect vision happens, yes, then the offense around Jayden supports Jaden's development, is around it.
Speaker 4: Like I had the chance last week, you can go to the get Lab podcast, I interviewed Adam Peters it was fun.
Speaker 2: I can I really yeahs yeah, I got a chance to pick his brain. Y'all didn't know it.
Speaker 4: He went to junior college to he a junior college guys that we got to really like chopping up.
Speaker 2: And I learned his.
Speaker 4: Approach of how he looks you by yourself, just me by myself one o one.
Speaker 2: You know, I went straight up. I went to my CNN. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's donn get louder.
Speaker 4: We have to change and I and I like his approach and in some things, he said.
Speaker 5: What is something that stood out to you from him from when.
Speaker 4: He started free agency this year? What was made it different from last year? And he said, like last year it felt like I had more free agent options than I had this So that's why I think he went with the approach of since the free agency is not packed, I'm going to trade route Like our biggest two guys, Larry mc thompson Deebo was from trades, not free agents.
Speaker 2: So I think he's always looking for another way to get things done.
Speaker 4: He won't take no for an answer, and that's what I like about how he gets things done. And I actually the ingredients of a how what he does he consider a commander but in the love of the game, like he liked people that love to play football.
Speaker 5: How is it or I can't I'm not sure if I want to use that word.
Speaker 3: But being that we was here for a while, he was Redskins, it was core Redskins. All of us had a chance to play for the Redskins. Put that slash on the now it's commanders, and.
Speaker 5: You feel like it's the same.
Speaker 3: You know, you have to be wired the same, you know, But when you look at now the guys were bringing in, does it make you feel like with damn?
Speaker 2: Was I was our core? You know what I'm saying. Because I'm looking and I'm like, I feel like I.
Speaker 5: Can play with any coach.
Speaker 3: I can play for any coach because I'm very coachorable and I don't want to just say that I heard that.
Speaker 5: But when I look at the guys they bringing I'm like, well.
Speaker 3: Damn, I wish I was in this time being able to be judge and say a guy, I went on this squad because.
Speaker 2: We had something that I think unique to the guys.
Speaker 4: They like simply just loving to play the game and available like this is what they like they like.
Speaker 2: Availability all us. We didn't miss games.
Speaker 4: We didn't miss games, and we was never the the reason why not.
Speaker 2: And I think this is a good thing.
Speaker 1: And I'm not speaking for myself here, but in commenting on your careers, you guys are both really good players, and so what I will say is they like tough players, smart players, competitive players, but they actually like good players, you know. So I do think it would fit in really really well.
Speaker 2: Basically you Bates.
Speaker 1: So you want to make in some capacity, Yeah, I have to talk.
Speaker 2: You need them shoes, you want got on.
Speaker 1: Having on John Bates. So let's I mean, let's talk about guys. One guy they brought in the trade, and that's Deebo Samuel and then the other guy that I think is interesting and maybe I like to get your take on this, Tanda, is the Michael Gallup. Right. So I think we are very clear about what Deebo is going to do in the offense, at least I feel very and obviously that can change, but you know, kind of this screen quick game, kind of maximizing guy underneath it's.
Speaker 2: A physical I'm going to break.
Speaker 4: I'm a ben DB's to my wheel, Like, think about this, think about it. As a dB taking on Deebo Samuel's nine ten plays, then got to take on the running back, then got to take on the tight end.
Speaker 1: You physical, It's a lot. So I think we all feel very clear about his role. You know. I think you're just gonna maximize what this offense wants to be at its base level. Yeah, quick game screens, and then he can still kind of win down the field, which is awesome. Creat mismatches from the backfield. We did a breakdown on that on the Command Center. Makes you check it out. The Michael Gallup one, to me is a little bit interesting because he hasn't played football for a year.
Speaker 4: But guess what I always tell people, Man, if I was if I was running the NFL, I would make NFL players have a mandatory year off every six years, really because I just think your body and your mind needs to heal man year out the year, out the year. Like the only thing that saves some of us is I know y'all don't want to hear this. We do have that sieves and injury injury. It forces us to sit out a year. The hip you game four years, all right, So and his honger would not be denied you know how it is when we miss a year of football, you want to get back out there. My perfect cump to him. I think he gonna bring everything that Noah Brown brought yeas year. I think I think it's a comp there.
Speaker 2: And what's great about it You got Noah back. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So we got two of the so well.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying he's gonna make the team, but I think back to him in like two thousand and twenty two when he was that dude eleven hundred yard receiving and like everyone's like, we're looking for a number two, we're looking for a number two, and that guy. If you can get that guy on this team, like he can win versus man coverage, you can run every route, he can win contested catch situations. He tracks the field like he was borderlining about to make a ton of money, and obviously the injury gets kind of sidetracks whole thing. But to me, you're bringing him in at a very low, very favorable contract number, and if you get that kind of race, so that's what I look like. If you get he's a he's a true a true too, And we haven't had a guy like and I like Noah, I like Oz, but this guy has the ability to elevate and win it away. If you get that version.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, if you get that version of I think also too, if you look at him right now, I think we have a one A and a one B wherever you want to put Terry and your boy Debo, wherever.
Speaker 5: You want to slot them.
Speaker 3: To me, both of them are are dogs amongst dogs. They you got one rock rolling, you got a boxer, you know what I mean, or however you want to you know you want to phrase.
Speaker 2: It, and then you got a two.
Speaker 5: I like no I like nor Brown as a true too.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of people want to look at If you watch nor play last year, I watched him play man always got got open. Even when he wasn't open, he was getting the penalty, somebody was holding him doing something like. He made things happen when the ball came his way. He made plays. We already know the hell Nor you name it. Nor Brown to me is a solid true too.
Speaker 5: If Gallup could.
Speaker 3: Be anywhere near where he was when he left left Dallas, bro we we we're packed. You know it's gonna be a fight for to see who's going to be in that room because you have a lot of potential. I guys that go out there who can win, winning man and man, winning zone this period, win and you.
Speaker 1: Get the basketball body types, right, You get like, you know, you're kind of bigger, more physical guy in Debo. You get your.
Speaker 5: True twitchy guy.
Speaker 3: You got a big guy guy that just gonna a damn bows or bulldozer guy. And Deebo, I don't know where you want to put him at. That dude just feisty. You know what I'm saying, He's gonna.
Speaker 2: Find a way football play.
Speaker 3: He's a guy that you know how we talk about guys taking advantage of going up top where you can you know how, you have that Tyreek effect where you can be we got eighty yards ago and you give him something, it's gone, He get you eighty. I saw Debo turn many plays within two to five yards into sixty and seventy yard plays because of his you know, I guess you can say effort, extra effort when catility never never going to go down.
Speaker 5: So you just have so many different weapons man.
Speaker 3: And I just love the way that they went out there and say, Okay, we're gonna bring this guy back because he showed us that he was valuable for us last year the receiver position in North Brown. We're gonna go get a gallop that can stretch the field when we got him on the field. If he makes his squad, which I believe he will, he's to be one of those guys like you have so many guys that's gonna make sure that the defense can't sit there and say I'm an play one side.
Speaker 4: Well, here's a thing I love about Debo. He's an automatic defensive check. When he comes in, we have to alert. We don't know where he gonna line up at all, right, he reminds me. Now he don't have the speed of this guy, but the way he's utilized. Percy Hobby one of my favorite players all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Person, When Person came in the game, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if your x Z.
Speaker 4: I don't even put him at tail back, and I don't know where this guy's going.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: He was like Bush on steroids, Like he was a different kind of just.
Speaker 4: A different bowl of athlete. Like, just get me the ball. I don't care how y'all get me to.
Speaker 2: This is a question I asked, y'all, do you think now.
Speaker 3: Terry gets the respect of being that true number one, they're gonna say, you know what, We're gonna cloud him and let everybody else try to beat us.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's the thing you just saluted to.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: If these guys play the way that they have plenty you can't do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't with them.
Speaker 1: We didn't Eve talk about Zach like this offense. If again, this is all projection, right, projecting like you're getting a good version of Gallop, You're getting a good getting a healthy version of Noah, because as much as we like Noah, he hasn't been healthy the last couple years of the spreer. But the best version of Debo like it's it's a dynamic playmaking group.
Speaker 3: See only asked the question because like we talk about different positions at the receiver position, a lot of folks just think you played wide receive.
Speaker 5: It's an X, there's a Z, there's a slot. You know you might name him why or.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: I remember the Shanahan era when I had done just they just came in two thousand and ten. I had a thousand some yards at at two teams. Remember I was heavy as all out doors and I remember when they signed me back. Remember it was twenty eleven when we had the little it was a lockout.
Speaker 2: Of all my yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: They signed me back and immediately Shanahan was like, that year, I'm move you the X because we have we had we had no No, we had Rashee card Well and we had my man, Jabar Gaffney. Both of those guys are capable of being number ones if you need them to be. So he were like, Tann, you did a lot at Z. You're gonna always go at Gator and be the slot guy. But I'm gonna put your X, and I swear. I remember having this meeting with Shannon han right before I broke my hand that year and he brought me off.
Speaker 5: He say, I'm changing you back to I'm changing you back to.
Speaker 3: Z today because I just feel like you're not getting open the X. I said, you turn the film on. They got a cloud over me. That's what the exposition does. You don't have that other guy there where you can't so at Z you double me the tight end.
Speaker 5: Or somebody else over there, and ex is just me out there.
Speaker 3: So he was like, yeah, I'm not getting the same production that I got from you in the passing game. I said, yeah, because it's they giving me a shell. He's like, yeah, I know, but I'm gonna change you to Z today. And the day he changed me at Z and we went to Carolina, I broke my hand. But I was asking that question because of that, Like, you have a guy in Terry. We saw he line up on the left a lot, and then when people start noticing it, we start switching them. Now you're bringing these other guys you as a defense. You're gonna pick one guy that we must stop. We must stop, because that's how I always felt. It was always say all right, we're gonna shut eighty nine down. Somebody else beat us. So I'm wondering, does Terry get that respect knowing that he earns it. I mean, he went out there and showed you every year he's put up the numbers.
Speaker 2: Is he the guy?
Speaker 5: Or are you saying.
Speaker 3: That I'm more concerned with what Debo gonna do or a guy like Gallup.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You gotta play it how we call it. You gotta play it. You gotta play the truth. You gotta play the truth. Now if you want to have options, this is what you'll do. When it comes to those two, you would say, I'm gonna take my number one corner and I'm gonna put him.
Speaker 2: On debo by hisself, by itself.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take the number two corner and I'm gonna double t give him help, You give him help, AND's gotta be somebody, somebody else gotta beat me, somebody else gotta be basically, yeah, So this is what they're gonna do now. I don't think Philly gonna help that option this year because big place slave is gone.
Speaker 2: Right now, We're going to see whether they can get before up front.
Speaker 4: Hey, every team gets better, a little worse in the all season. I say Philadelphia for the most part got just a tiny bit worse.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that talented.
Speaker 2: They're super talented.
Speaker 4: And I'm worried about them in the draft, like I always.
Speaker 2: Worry about them in the draft because they have drafted so will.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's got to run out man's run. It's like them in the Ravens for some reason. Boy, they don't Well, I knew some mister truth. He told him on my kids get back, I'm gonna leave you with my my jacks.
Speaker 1: That is wild but he helps out though.
Speaker 4: No, he's still like they like this shows you a franchise that understands.
Speaker 2: The franchise is on the strong as the people. They understand that because every every year.
Speaker 1: I like, because where we sit when we watch the comb DROs is right in front of the Ravens box and I see he's like, you gotta stop watch out And I'm like, what that dude retired like five years ago, but he is.
Speaker 5: Still getting them a.
Speaker 4: Check right quick to come hip over, here's some free cray up cakes for life.
Speaker 1: So we talked a lot about the offense, and like, again, I think we all feel pretty good about it. I think defensively, we feel good about the improvement's very similar. And I think that leads us nicely into the draft and like kind of what our expectations are for the next opportunity for the team to start kind of building. And so I don't know, like is there I really feel like Adams put us at a spot, put the organization a spot to like pick the best player available. What does that look like?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say no, because I mean I feel like we all have that in mind that the best we in the situation right now that we haven't been in a long time where you can honestly go in the draft and say, Okay, whatever is sitting around, you know, that's what we're going to go out to. The best player that's available at that moment, or its just meat talking. Do you see them saying, you know what, it's a guy too that I can go get here, and I really have more picks for so let me trade back.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you asked that, because when I do, I'm kind of like working on my big board, which is like you're one to three hundred type of that. I'm not gonna do three hundred guys, but you know you're one down right, Yeah. And obviously those kind of fall into tiers, which is your horizontal board. Like Tier one is like these five players and go down. And so when I got I was kind of like messing with it the other day, I was like, actually the difference between pick twenty nine and pick thirty five different. It's no difference because you can get ballers there. And so again, like obviously like just to kind of work through some draft kind of gymnastics, if there's a dude at twenty nine, then you have in a tier above. Yeah, right, like a little bit better. Like you know, Mike Green is the guy you talked about today, Like I personally haven't been a higher tier. Yeah, and I don't know any about the anything about the office. James Pears, Yeah, he's a higher tier than me. So for me, if he's there at twenty nine, I'm gonna probably pull the trigger. If he's gone, it's James Pears Junior, Landon Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm taking. I'm taking the thing I'm taking. I'm gonna running up.
Speaker 2: They have James, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. But for me, I'm saying that's kind of they're all kind of the same like Nick scrdon Landon Jackson. They're all kind of in the same bucket. So if I want an edge, I can trade back five spots, ten spots and be happy. And then I think, in a year where we've given a lot of draft capital for what I mean, Tunsul and Deebo Samuel, we only got five picks, if we can get two picks back another pick here and there, like another bite at the app, I think that would be the way to go.
Speaker 3: And I see this, I see this, you know, ap them seem like there are those type of guys when it comes to just being strategic, you know what I mean, Like, why pull the trigger if I if I know I could get them ten slots, you know, and I can get more and get more.
Speaker 4: For that, ask myself scenarios because every draft it's always scenarios. All right, we do this every year. It's a run on quarterbacks, no matter how weak the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Draft is this year, I don't think there's well.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a scenario at twenty nine, the fault rings, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jackson Dark, it's still there. Trade out of it new on the Saints, won't I mean, I mean want a draft? Yeah, yeah, I think you gotta take that. I think you gotta take it.
Speaker 1: I don't think, I don't think. I don't think there's a question if if there's a quarterback there and someone's trying to get for a quarterback, I'm gonna say give me what you give me everything you got, and I'm gonna move back wherever I was talking to you, I was talking to Mike Renner for he used to do the PFF stuff. He now does the show with Kyle Long on whatever CBS, and he was like, dude, yeah, like second round and I look at the second and third round I'm like, dude, I want picks there because there's good value there, you know what I'm saying. And there's a little bit of risk associated with that, but.
Speaker 2: I'm like it's risky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we just like we just talked about the manual formes. Like Caroline just text me. She's just like Logan. You know, Jane Daniels was the tenth player on your board last year. Right, But for me, they're all in the same tier, those ten players, so like they're all kind of the same. But I think this is like this is a good talking for here, right, And quarterbacks like you're saying, friend, all always go a little bit higher.
Speaker 4: Right, Like it's no value you could put on the court. Right, Like I'm sorry, Like I have watched it doing my draft. I watched it doing draft before me, and I'm like, man, it's two positions that shape the dray up every year because it's just a run on them in this offensive tackle and this quarterback, Like they don't they have to be.
Speaker 2: A little good to climb up to go.
Speaker 4: Because it's it's like it's so much demand for them, it's so much demand.
Speaker 5: Because they just so in the same way as edge rushers too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they they will push the draft three, they'll push your draft value down because of their positional work.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about for the commanders at twenty nine if they do stick and pick. Obviously, we just talked about how we think if they can. And again, you never know. You need two people to be involved in this, right, You need someone to want to train up at twenty nine. Are their positions we don't have to do names? Are their positions that you say we should be thinking about this position at twenty nine.
Speaker 4: I can't do positions because I just I don't think that's how he thinks.
Speaker 1: So so what I'm saying so like this is what i'd say. Yes, I think you're right, he's thinking best player available. But when I look at this twenty nine pick, I'm thinking, like, there's gonna be a lot of edge rushers. Yeah, there's probably gonna be one corner, maybe one safety.
Speaker 2: You don't think Reveil will be there, So I think I think.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be there, right, And so that's why I say one corner, right, there's but if he's gone ahead of time, I'm not going to pick a corner, you know what I'm saying. So then there's probably four edge rushers, there's maybe one offensive lineman, you know what I'm saying, And it's like we're getting in like a little bit. There's one linebacker, John Campbell, Like yeah, there's maybe one running back of Martin Hampton, who i'd probably wait to take a running back away, Like yeah, Nick Gordon Gordon, yeah, I like him a lot. But again I think if I'm taking an edge and I have this and this is important, I have the same grade on all those guys. Yeah, I'm gonna trade back because they're all the same, Like they're this in the same bucket. So like Nick Gordon Land and Jackson Donovan is a roku the gif from Boston College, like the putting on this a lot, dude and it and talk about a guy that's a Dan Quinn type of guy.
Speaker 2: What about Morrison?
Speaker 1: Benjamin Morrison, so the hip thing, he's the corner from Notre.
Speaker 2: Dame like him and Ravelo got the injury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but the ACL I'm a little bit more comfortable with withvon ravel from East Carolina obviously has an ACL injury. A little bit more comfortable that because you know the timetable, right, Yeah, Like when you get a dB who's got multiple hip surgeries, I'm a little bit like or even even Josh Simmons, the tackle from Ohio State, who I love. I think he could be there like Taurres Potello. Like that's a weird rehab for me. You know, I'm not super comfortable with it.
Speaker 3: So is because I know y'all dive in a little deeper than I ever do when it comes to the draft. Save instance, we and that we had that twenty ninth pick, and we know how strong or not so strong this running back class is.
Speaker 5: But the running back that is very strong, we know that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the running back that we all kind of like tray Bon, He's sitting there available between nine people got to come to say he might be a second round pick, but you like, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He got a lot of first round grade, a lot of first round grade.
Speaker 1: So this is what I said. This is where like, this is where trusting your board and trusting your scouts is important. Right. So I think back to Detroit obviously when they drafted a linebacker Campbell. Campbell, who is that's a low position of value contract and then obviously running back Jumier Gibbs both in the first round, right, and then they drafted a safety in the first and the second. So those are all kind of low value picks. Yeah, But I think what I what you take from that is if your grade, if your bucket. Let's say Henderson is a third tier player and at twenty nine there shouldn't be that many third tier players left, and you trust that process, take them, you get it like that, But that's where you go back to the homework you did before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and is it icing on the cake because I think for Detroit it was the cake for backs.
Speaker 1: But also the way they described him I thought was important. He was a playmaking weapon and we saw that in the Playoffam.
Speaker 2: But that's my thing.
Speaker 3: When you look at Henderson and you look at the offense that we have right now, that's a ton of that.
Speaker 5: You say, do I wait when I have it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he could come in and impact right now. I think when they looked at you, they were.
Speaker 4: Like, ain't no nothing, it's not another one.
Speaker 2: Then CO snatch him up.
Speaker 5: That dude especial.
Speaker 4: And I think in a draft it's loaded with running backs that makes me more comfortable to say I can get one later.
Speaker 2: And just to give.
Speaker 1: And for fans, I think people hold in because it's like, oh, I already heard about Henderson. I've only heard about Henderson, like you've got C. J. Harvey from Rock.
Speaker 5: Henderson is just my favorite.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying like in terms of similar skill set, like you know he's from Florida, right, and then you got Basiltooting from Virginia Tech. He ran the four three.
Speaker 2: Right now in your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Shan Smith from s m U Man. He's a converted wide receiver like with Strake gasoline.
Speaker 2: He can tell he can fly.
Speaker 1: So I look at those guys and I'm like, maybe the difference between Henderson and those guys is in this fight is this minister, And so why would I reach on a guy not reach?
Speaker 4: But why would I spend so much draft capital.
Speaker 3: Basically saying that you don't really have to because it's the other guys that I don't get this guy around.
Speaker 5: I want to get him at it's two or three more games.
Speaker 1: And I think that's one thing that fans have a hard time with is they hear the same names over and over and over again and it's like, oh, we didn't get hitters and this is a terrible draft. It's like, well, shoot, I actually like player X better than that game. You know what I'm saying. Like, And it's just trust trust the organization that they've done more homework than you have and you have and they know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I was talking to one of the scouts for a different team and he was like, how many guys you think I watched? And I was like, he's the he's the head of college GUYT. I was like you personally, He was like, I watched five hundred guys. I write reports, write reports on five hundred guys.
Speaker 5: Love life. His wife mad at him.
Speaker 1: Well do I mean that's when you That's like, that's why, that's the job. Job.
Speaker 4: His time of a year, Like I was telling he was like, how did how is this year different from lansty?
Speaker 2: He was like, last year, I have a store for scratch. I had never did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this year, I have my routine and I have hired the guys around me.
Speaker 2: That makes my job.
Speaker 4: I got the guys that got to study five hundred guys that had to get me the report. Now I got to go back and restudy the guy myself like what.
Speaker 2: God fit, what we need and this to keep and what value do we get?
Speaker 4: And I think that's why that Cogna go in with Burst at twenty nine.
Speaker 2: We go in somewhere around thirty nine.
Speaker 1: And so you did your interview with Adam and I did an interview with Dan. And one of the things that I took out of the interview that I thought was so awesome was like the thing that Adam does such a good job of is like this is we tell Adam what we want and what we need, and he says, let's look at the board and where's the value in the draft? So you're talking about getting value and I think like having a guy that's full time job is to understand that it's so incredibly important, and.
Speaker 4: That's how you feel rooms by best player available, Like this is how I got birth into this league.
Speaker 2: I was drafted best player vailable. They didn't need me.
Speaker 4: They had three yellow jackets in the room. They were like, no, he's the highest rated person on the draft.
Speaker 2: Int.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't think he was going second round. I just knew he was the first round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was you out, you know, No, he just he just he just.
Speaker 3: Showed me why Fred has always been Fred?
Speaker 2: He going the second round.
Speaker 3: I just ran loose on campus, told me about twenty I told you I was very impressive for it when I when I met Fred and went home, and then I watched him play that year because now you know, when you got to put a person's game with their face in their mouth, and he talked so much shit that weekend, I was like, well, I gotta watch this dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And even when I didn't watch him, his name was mentioned Fred Smooth. I say, this guy dog gonnadude really good ball. So especially as a corner. You know what I'm saying. I didn't see him going second round. But you was like the first pick in the second round.
Speaker 2: You no, I was thirty five. Drew Brees with thirty four.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, I know you.
Speaker 4: You got real like the second round consistent freeze me chads like I'm the second round.
Speaker 2: Our whole second round was scrapball.
Speaker 3: We already told you to two thousand and one classes up there.
Speaker 4: You know when I showed you that we were the number four best draft class to just go through.
Speaker 1: If you got free time today, go check it out. It's like, oh my god, I got.
Speaker 2: Them gases in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, so obviously we feel really good about where the team's at. You pick the best player, Availabow. We're excited to see what they do, and I'm trusting that Adam Peters just done more homework than me, and we're gonna fight really good football players.
Speaker 2: I think I just don't think we're gonna make a first round pick in my head.
Speaker 1: In my head, I think you need someone to trade up with you. But I think, like I would agree, I just.
Speaker 5: Want to be at the same bar that they have you had with the mic and.
Speaker 2: The third.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be there when you we was gonna trade basket.
Speaker 2: Out of mind, all right.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna lead us to our next segment, which is risk It for the Brisket, and we're doing an NFC East breakdown the brisket out of the biscuit the biscuit, I said.
Speaker 2: Brisket, Yeah, brisky Land it sounds like.
Speaker 1: And then that's presented by Marsh mclenn agency. You're a partner in risk and People's strategies. Let's start with the New York Giants, which feels kind of like a dumpster fire because they brought in Jameis Winston and Russell Wilson, which is which is fine? I like love and then who do you fear of those two?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who do you fear more?
Speaker 2: Hey, I hate to say this.
Speaker 5: I don't get into all that because I'm gonna stop it right here.
Speaker 3: Because Bregna, he's gonna put something out there in the air, and then we're gonna be back here talking be like see bre you know, talking to men, you know, they're politicians and way.
Speaker 2: James.
Speaker 4: If I'm a wire receive in the league and I get a call and they're like, yeah, man, we just signed James.
Speaker 1: Thank God.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm going to have a year. What do you do? He will he will give you a chance to become a hero. Russell Judy. Last year, Julie had did nothing. Judy, bow the hell out. Julie had did nothing. Jamie's like this, they ain't gonna get picked. We're gonna get it. We're gonna.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And it'll make me play more defensively.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy with that too. I've heard nothing but great things about him, Like he's a great teammate and he's like all the crazy speeches and something. But I heard guys love playing man. So for me, like, I just.
Speaker 3: Feel like whoever did his lasi they need to go get him his money back because he still can't see. But he's still throwing to the other heard that I just don't throw pick sixes in the next week through every time I look up chasing somebody, I like, first of all, if I'm gonna be in a dumpster file, I want.
Speaker 4: To have a little fun. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, he gonna bring that, like like.
Speaker 2: Russell has already started them. She Mannikins.
Speaker 4: He came in that thing his first He ain't say let's ride, you know, he said, go big blue.
Speaker 2: I can't take this dude.
Speaker 1: Man, he's a borderline Hall of Famer, right like I think so.
Speaker 2: He is a borderline Hall of Famer. But I think the tail end of his career is starting to teeter it. You see what I'm saying. I think he did enough early man one super Bowl.
Speaker 3: He's a He's an interception away from being a two time champ man.
Speaker 2: But guess what you did say? Do you blame him? He's sitting math Malcolm Bulets from Mississippi.
Speaker 4: He's from a town called Vicksburg, Mississippi, fifteen miles away from Jackson.
Speaker 2: They were throwing parades for Macca, for mathcolums, all.
Speaker 4: Kinds of stuff because of Russell now Riches, Richard Sherman, and the legion of Dude, most of them first first.
Speaker 2: Ballot Hall of famers. I think Russe is one of those guys because.
Speaker 4: If Eli went the first ballot, I don't know if Rusk get in Man, I think.
Speaker 3: In, but I look at it like this, get back to the point or the question. Yeah, I think Jameis Winston is a guy who I'm afraid of.
Speaker 1: Do you think it keeps him from drafting a quarterback? No? No, they're not gonna draft what are They picked him three four four?
Speaker 5: And that's the crazy part about it. They do they draft your door?
Speaker 3: If the door is sitting there and they still have the third pick, do they draft your door?
Speaker 5: And then now, how how does how does this pan out?
Speaker 3: All the Pat mahons treatment you know what I'm saying, Let him so this is the this is why we're not going to spend too much more time with the Giants.
Speaker 1: It feels like a dumpster fire because basically the owner came out last year and said I probably should fire the GM and the head coach, and then he didn't fire them, And so now you get the GM and the head coach making these personnel decisions to keep their jobs.
Speaker 2: They might not be there.
Speaker 1: They might not be there. So are you gonna draft a quarterback?
Speaker 4: They were saying, I can draft a quarterback because I cannot deny that. The owner gonna be like, we still got a future here, and the future is not James in the future is not Russell Wilson like.
Speaker 1: So you' so if you if you I'm the I'm the I'm the owner, you're the head coach, you're making a pitch to me.
Speaker 4: You're trying to quarterback, and I'm gonna tell you, like this, Okay, I need to bring a venturing in here to stabilize us like we got we got we got the champions of the NBA and NFL in our division. We got an up and coming Washington team, and we got Dak Prescott. And to play against these guys, I'm gonna need a guy that been there and done it right now.
Speaker 2: I don't need a guy that's learning on the job right now. Now.
Speaker 4: I can't have one of these Venturans with Jamis and Russell, teach your doer how to be a pro, how to be in here.
Speaker 2: But I cannot put a rookie on the field.
Speaker 3: But this year, do you feel like if if Saud comes into that that room, do you think he's the best player week one?
Speaker 2: No, think about you?
Speaker 1: Okay. So I have done very little quarterback watching this year because we don't need one. I'm excited about that, but I will say when I have watched him that it's.
Speaker 4: Not He doesn't have the strong his arm right now, and I don't know if he can spin it in that stadium. You know what that stadium does the quarter now champin it and survived in there, So that gives me faith that should do it can survive in there.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 5: But I heard I heard what the man name is.
Speaker 2: He was my gym when I was there, Tennemball. Yeah, I heard him.
Speaker 5: Give him give us your door. A comp with Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: So do you think kirtis the fourth round pack?
Speaker 3: But I'm saying to the point, that's the reason why I ask that question, Like if you comport him with Kurt Nofense.
Speaker 5: I love Kurt.
Speaker 2: I thought Kurt.
Speaker 3: He was precise, He was accurate. You know, he did everything that she had to do to win. So with that being said, if they're looking at him more of an accurate quarterback, that just kids, because I feel like I saw a little more than that in college from him.
Speaker 2: Though. He made plays.
Speaker 4: With not with his legs most of the time, but his one dimensional with the way he makes plays.
Speaker 2: He throws himself out of trouble.
Speaker 4: Now the one thing that knock on him and says he holds the ball a long time. Yes, well that's just all. It ain't no perfect prospects, like all of us, come to the league with.
Speaker 2: Something to work on. I think coaching to get him out of it.
Speaker 4: I just think he ain't the tight to say, here, the franchise, take.
Speaker 2: Us to victories.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do that. Not that you do it now. Cam is a different question to cam Ward. I think cam Ward has enough seat to get him out of trouble, to help him survive.
Speaker 5: He's ricky.
Speaker 1: So obviously giants got a lot of stuff to work on, and it'll be interest to see what they do. Are they picking up three or four?
Speaker 4: I forget, no, it's three, Yeah, forget what either two, But we don't care. We're not gonna feel sorry for the giants, like never feel sorry for the giants.
Speaker 1: All right, So yeah, weird off season for that.
Speaker 2: Let Jerry cook, That's all I got to say. Listen. I love to.
Speaker 4: Let him do what he's doing. He does the oddest things. He waits so long to pay these players, and.
Speaker 2: He always paid.
Speaker 4: He played top ten players, top five money. He does it on such a high level.
Speaker 3: They it's all strange, man, I can't I can't wrap my head around it, Like just what what is the philosophy he has?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And I understand, like it's a family driven.
Speaker 3: Business, That's what I'm saying. Anything, it's business more than I'm like. But but just to say that they still have found a way to be one of the teams. That's I know they talk about them because of because of the star, because they're married, number one popular, But besides last year, they have won you know what I mean, They was winning the last what three the last four years they won three.
Speaker 4: Seasons in the regular season regular the whole knock on them, and they knocked that press gott my Misisippi State Board dog. They cannot win in the playoffs, and they cannot win in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If it's the it's always something. If it ain't the coaches, it's the players. If it ain't the players, it's the coaches. If it ain't the coaches, it's the owner. If it's just something like, I don't think they have a culture, and especially now that I'm seeing with and filling this culture, I don't think they have a coach because coachre is winning over everything, and I think them is we're going to play on national TV seven games you no matter what, the brand gonna be strong. That's all we care about. And it shows in their playing because it.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way. And I love that.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a big deck guy myself that is not supposed to be the highest paid quarterback in football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think when you get to the point of where he's at, wherever that tier has you, you have to get paid whatever it saying you deserve to get paid.
Speaker 2: I totally understand.
Speaker 3: But when you got a guy, I don't think a lot of these guys getting paid what they're worth right now.
Speaker 2: They getting paid what the market say.
Speaker 5: What the market says that then you have guys.
Speaker 2: Like Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 4: You have these other guys that say we're gonna figure this contract out to where I still need players, like it's.
Speaker 2: A way to get it done.
Speaker 4: I just think they don't go right about especially if I'm in the Dalla GM. The first thing I'm selling to these guys, five million in Texas is different than five million in DC. You're gonna get the whole five here, So let's let's start there. Let's start the money ways little bit more than I don't.
Speaker 5: Think they have those that that tax over there tax problems.
Speaker 4: They don't have any come tax. They don't have state tax tax. Yeah, they don't have state tax. So therefore, just like Florida, you get the whole check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know that comes out and property tax probably absolutely right, but gonna get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The doctor interesting. Obviously they fired their their head coach they brought in.
Speaker 2: So nobody gonna get in love of Shoheim.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like one to know him.
Speaker 5: We don't know him.
Speaker 2: Tell us about Brian.
Speaker 4: He's very intelligent, very smart, and this is what he come this is what he's gonna bring to the table that I think the last coach did. He's going to run the ball. He believes in running the ball. Daddy believed in running the ball. He's going to run the ball. His first thing he's going to address is who's in the backfield. I think they already signed a couple of running backs in his offseason.
Speaker 2: He's going to get try to get.
Speaker 4: That offensive linebacks solidified, and he's gonna try to take the game out of Dak's hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the so, I mean, that's just an interesting situation to me, like different than New York, but kind of feels the same way. It feels like they're just kind of stuck it in neutral. And then you know, but you.
Speaker 4: Gotta be sad if you're a Cowboy because you got a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Like it's like they definitely the Giants feel like they're in a rebuild and the Cowboys feel like they should be full pedal of the gas, let's go, but they just kind of sticking to the neutral.
Speaker 5: They do they sign partsons before the season, stuff.
Speaker 1: They should they should do so the Bettle they should they should done it last year.
Speaker 4: Just sooner the Bettle just go sound Indeed, is I really looked down the roster, but.
Speaker 3: That's gonna put that's gonna handicap them a little bit.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, I think the Giants might have a better roster. That's an interesting that's an interesting thought, especially now, like and everyone thinks of the Giant the Cowboys great offensive lines, banged up, got a lot of young guys in the group.
Speaker 3: Kind of the Giants have always been strong everywhere else, but quarterback lately right now.
Speaker 4: Because you look at Timberda, you look at Launch, you look at the lineback and court you look.
Speaker 3: At has always been a question with Danny Jones. Everybody else has been everybody else.
Speaker 2: Been solid, Like y'all, they the Giants got players.
Speaker 5: They just jay Don is gonna be fighting for a starting job over then Indy. They said they let both of those guys.
Speaker 4: I think the only thing they messed up with Richard is if the dude ain't play football in college, you gotta let him play lay.
Speaker 1: I think they're to be there is like, that's Anthony Richards is a really interesting example to me. And this is a little bit of a digression of why understanding the person is so important, because like, there's certain guys that can play a little bit of football, but they're like pros. You know on time, and I've heard that he's got some maturity issues worked through. And when you just give somebody who's still young figure like they sometimes crashed, I think so, and I.
Speaker 4: Just feel like he's very much with a San Francisco quarterback, Trey uh Lance.
Speaker 2: Trey Lance had played, he had played no games.
Speaker 4: He had played one story year, just like AK forty seven played one starting year.
Speaker 2: And now you get to the leagues and.
Speaker 4: Everybody over ripped, everybody got more reps than you. And now you're playing ketchup. And now you're playing ketchup with a team that's taking you in and out, in and out, in and out. You never even get a groove, like sometimes I need you to take a step back. By Nazi scene going out there playing to take a step forward, but just not letting him do it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right. So that was just the Philia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Are they better?
Speaker 1: Are they worse? Are they the same?
Speaker 2: I don't think you ever can stay the same. You need to get better. How you get worse?
Speaker 4: Now, I can't say that before the draft because you just don't know what Howie Rose and don't do.
Speaker 3: And the draft, like, man, let's look at who already lost, they lost Big Play, they lost defensive.
Speaker 4: Linement Wife, they lost Big Milton, they lost Sweatt. But they also drafted some guys that they've been holding in the wings like they do.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They always have.
Speaker 5: They got back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they guy guys that they holding the wings.
Speaker 4: But when you it was a buttering like Graham, Brandon Grant, that's a stable now and we ain't talking sack numbers, were talking prison culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the one thing I can say about Philadelphia, I hate to say this, it tastes like throw up in my mouth day when it comes to veterance. Culturally, they keep their veterans longer than anybody. Lence Johneson been there a long time. Fletcher Cox started his career, they'll finish the career the Brandon Graham started his career, they'll finish his career. Like they have faces and people that has been stalwarts in their locker room.
Speaker 2: And some of these guys are gone.
Speaker 5: So offensively, they still intact though they have.
Speaker 1: All they lost.
Speaker 4: Mackay beck Lance is getting got a year older now he ain't getting young. So you know they still Johnson the bone, they still got their backbone out.
Speaker 1: Think Yeah, I think as long as the offensive line, like you said, for they always are developing offensive line, Like Tyler Steen has been there for two years. He's good back up, you know what I mean. They've got pieces there that make that thing work.
Speaker 5: I think they and neutral right now.
Speaker 1: But I think the one thing for me is that they were really healthy last year. I don't think they can be that healthy this year.
Speaker 4: We were.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna be a regression, yeah, for sure. And that leads to me to the last question. Okay, so we've had a new division winner NFC. Is that a new division winner every season since two thousand and four? Obviously the Eagles won last year, right, m hm. I feel like this is the Commander's year.
Speaker 2: This is is our year, right, it feels that way. Take it to the bank. It is.
Speaker 5: I mean, we got a tougher schedule, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Like the one thing I always say to people when they say you got a tough schedule, I say, it's no fair dodging.
Speaker 2: You gotta play everybody anyway. We showed that when we went to Detroit. We showed that in.
Speaker 4: Temple when it come to playing the big dogs, we can play the big dogs and now we just got reinforcements, So I'm fine with it. And we know the chronological thing in this division where something always happens to the division leader the next year and injury you brought it up is the number one calls and falling a step back, and sometimes it only need to happen to one person, you know what I'm saying. So I just think, also, I think we're looking forward to playing them, Like I don't think our group is saying we don't want none of them. They say, yeah, we won't, we want some of them. So if I was a bet man right now, I had to go to the casino and bet I would put my money down as a Command's winning the division next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's exciting like that. It's an exciting time to be a Commanders fan for sure. Like I look at I'm like, dude, like there's a great opportunity for this team to do a lot of good things. They've gotten better, feels like everybody else in the division feels like they've kind of stayed status quo. Yeah, so maybe this is the time which should be pretty fantastic.
Speaker 4: Well, like this, we're not gonna sneak up on anybody, nobody, everybody gonna give us their best.
Speaker 1: But I do think the thing you a better strength of schedule will be really interesting because you're playing better quarterbacks, you're playing better teams. You do have to grow up a lot of.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like the schedule. Everybody feel like this. I always say this.
Speaker 1: You don't know the schedule. You don't know this.
Speaker 3: The seasons until you play those teams not going to be the same either.
Speaker 1: I just look at quarterbacks, so that's that's what I want, and the quarterbacks are better, so usually that makes it harder on defenses. And then if it's harder on the defense, you gotta score more points. So that's high level.
Speaker 4: Just about the South part of the schedule last year, because it was not the AFC North, that's a vision of the visions.
Speaker 2: It was. It was the South. That's it, right, Because if.
Speaker 4: Now we're going to play who the West in the AFC with Kansas City, I think that's comparable to Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So if I look at it, is this Grinton schedule really changing?
Speaker 2: I just think NFL football is NFL football. Thirty two teams can beat you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I look at the quarterbacks though, and I'm like, and that you got Patrick Mahomes, you got Herbert? You know what I mean? There's like better Herbert.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, y'all have been putting Herbert.
Speaker 1: He's a good player.
Speaker 2: He's a good player. But is he a gamer?
Speaker 4: He just like if I write him on piece of paper, he is determinator like six four like cannon of is he a gamer?
Speaker 2: Singing?
Speaker 1: I mean there's times he's look at so look at that offense last year. Look at what they had an offense last year. They had a backed up offensive line that Lad mccaukey and that's it. And it was like Herbert, and they weren't a lot of games.
Speaker 2: It was. But is he a game? Have we seen this person before?
Speaker 1: Who you got? You got a compidmind?
Speaker 2: What you got? I have no company? Mind?
Speaker 4: I'm asking you because we had a couple of quarterbacks in this league that has been all right.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence, he's way better than Trouble.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is the prince who was promised God's gift.
Speaker 2: The quarterbacks all right, but can't get over the hump.
Speaker 5: That's more so that's more so with his team though I don't think.
Speaker 1: Coming out Yeah, I don't know if I told you that why, because I just was like, he's too it's too robotic. There wasn't like like when you watch like Jade's a good example, this Strake May Caleb Williams example. This, there was a they're playing, they're playing the game.
Speaker 2: They letting the game come up and they figured it out about the game.
Speaker 1: And I felt like there was a lot of design touches for Trey Lance and there was a lot not Lawrence Lawrence, and there was a lot of kind of like not a lot of ball arc variants. So I had one throw one club and quarterbacks that have one club usually. So again I didn't think. I didn't think he was going to be like this, But I never was like.
Speaker 4: This is one thing I have always hated. I respect quarterbacks simply like Drew Brees. Drew Brees was purduced. He didn't have no first round there wide receive, didn't have no first round. In running back, I like, I like guys that carry their team. Like so when I see a quarterback from Alabama, I'd be like, I don't know, I see a quarterback that had ten first round is on this team. I'm like, how good are you really? And this is what Trema Lowens had sam.
Speaker 1: I mean that was some of the conversation with Jake Dails last year, right because.
Speaker 2: He had those two Poe de receivers.
Speaker 4: But I also seen games break down and the unst you and him just take it over.
Speaker 1: Like the Alabama game comes, I mean, well.
Speaker 2: And they wasn't the best team. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They wasn't the best team that was out there. That's why I'd be like, yeah, I take him because it's.
Speaker 2: Some games that broke down. And he just said, you know what, Florida, I take over this game.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, I mean, uh yeah. So I can't wait to watch to see if the team can pull out against tougher schedules schedule when the division, which should be fantastic. We'll see if Justin Herbert is the real deal. But that's gonna do it for today's show. Please make sure you like to subscriber, you consume this content, and if you want to see your ugly faces, check us out on YouTube. But that's gonna do it for today. Thanks so much,