Speaker 1: Today's episode of the Command Center Podcast, we have a free agency preview with tons of fan questions. It's most definitely, most definitely. We say goodbye to John Allen and we welcome back to Captain Bobby Wagner, and then we talk about all the different ways we can improve this team. The draft, free agency, it all starts right now. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and just as a revender. We're presented by Coger Technology, Securre Today Shape Tomorrow, and as always, we just appreciate doing this show for you guys. And Fred, yeah, you have some very interesting news. You've got a couple commander's camps. Yes, you're gonna be hosting, supporting.
Speaker 2: Hosting at Northwest stadiums fucking kids at the DMV and if you outside of the DMV, feel free to come to the dp out. So you know, the command and coaching has changed. So we add to the coaching by throwing these commander's camps.
Speaker 3: It should be fun. You should learn it.
Speaker 1: It's at Northwest State. That's that be really cool.
Speaker 2: I wanted to run and play on an NFL field, he's your chance right here.
Speaker 1: This would be pretty awesome. And it's flag football or.
Speaker 3: It's a true football camp.
Speaker 2: So we'll go through dreams, we'll do a lot of teaching, and we'll probably had like a little small scrimmage at the end, but nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: To make it crazy. That sounds like a ton of fun, So yeah, make sure you sign up. The description for that camp, if you want to learn more about that, will be in the description of this video, so make sure you check that out. And without further ado, free agency is starting. We're recording this on Monday officially, like the deadline starts on Wednesday. But obviously there's a ton of like.
Speaker 3: You just try every five minutes, something happens, a.
Speaker 1: Ton of preliminary everything that's happening. So what we're gonna do is we're kind of review the information that we have or that's kind of allegedly happening, Like kind of the reports are indicating that we've got them going on, and so we're gonna say, so far, so good, like where do we stand in relationship to the rest of the league, and where we had where we stood last year. So first things first, we released Sean Allen and Obviously, we're really bummed to see John go because again, he's been a big part of this community for a long time and great football player. So obviously that's kind of tough. But I do think releasing him opens up an opportunity and makes that Deebo Samuel the more money. Yeah, the reported Deebo Samuel trade a little bit more appetizing. Ye. How do you guys feel about both of those news, because I feel like they're kind of married together in a word, Well, thanks for your time.
Speaker 2: You know, it happens anytime you get a new coaching stay UF, a new front office in here, you're going to lose some of the people from the pays.
Speaker 3: So I think it was one of those things.
Speaker 2: And then when you get Newton in here, I think they want to let let Newton develop himself. You outso Steel have pain. So it ain't like you really did room. You know what I'm saying. If you could stand and lose anybody in a room, it was dit room.
Speaker 1: And again, he's you know, he's older, he's a little bit more sense. And I think I've talked to a couple of fans about this, Like everybody reaches this point and we've you know, I played for ten years and I never got a big contract. But you always see guys who are getting paid more than what their play is. That doesn't mean he's a bad play. This means he's getting paid more than he was due.
Speaker 3: I think more than a production.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right, especially coming off the injury. Feels like the right thing. But Tanner, I do think this again, as reported by Adam Scheffner, that this gives that opportunity to bring Deepo in because Debo comes in for seventeen Yeah. John's capit was fifteen and a half. Yeah, or sixteen and a.
Speaker 3: Half, So your camp never changes.
Speaker 4: It's just like I just freed up with fifteen sixteen million, and you're getting a guy in for around that running about that same amount of money. And then when it comes down to just the move itself, you know what I mean, I feel like time well spent.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, you hass off to John now.
Speaker 4: For what he did here, you know what I mean, through through three different teams. I guess you could say Redskins, Washington Football team, Hanry Audio.
Speaker 3: Only two guys, I mean Time Wells, Trent Man.
Speaker 4: He was interested, you know, he was a guy that I'm not sure if Smoop went over there and washed him play, but when he was in high school at stone Bridge, I went over there and washed them play and they were talking about him being a proedend. So I'm good he got a chance to come back here and be a part of the team that meant so much to him. And when you look at him play man, I think he still has some more trail on his tie. So somebody, whoever, whoever, go out there and pick him up. Man, they getting a guy that's probably gonna be eager to go out there and prove a point.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The thing I also about it is class act by Adam Peters to give him a chance to seek a trade. Class act right there that they're showing you that we're gonna have we're gonna do things the right way here, and when it couldn't happen, then they released him.
Speaker 3: So they was the second choice.
Speaker 4: I think to speaking on that, it goes to show you, man, the direction we're moving and with this organization, when you can afford to get rid of guys like that that you know, I remember at the time just saying your name and having a name of saying that you played well, you stayed around here.
Speaker 3: You know, we didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't we didn't go out and seek better talent because we had this guy, and that guy his name said that he was still great regardless of how old he was, how long in the two he was. So now looking at the things that they've done from day one, you know, from some of the other guys that's been gone, like normally around here, those guys would have still be on the team, and you've been bringing in the other guys that probably wasn't capable, you know, because we had those guys and they were taking up a space. So I'm loving to see that we can afford to get rid of guys like Jonathan Allen. I think, you know, that's the best way you can put it in, you know, in context and in words. When you can afford a guy to get rid of John now that means you have guys on the roster that's that's you know, capable filling that void, or you're going out of getting somebody that's going to be able to you know, feel that boy.
Speaker 1: And I think that's a that's the best, that's fantastic take, because it is. It does show a huge shift because I just remember, like you know, back even when I was growing up, like in high school, college watching the then Redskins, like anybody with a big name was coming here. It was coming stare for a long time. And so I do think like Adam Peters, like Freddie mentioned out classic, he's been in terms out handled the situation, understanding that you need to despite what this guy has done.
Speaker 3: For you, you.
Speaker 1: You can't rely on that.
Speaker 3: I got to move forward.
Speaker 2: I got to move forward, and that's what this front office has been about, moving forward. I cannot drive a car looking through the rearview mirror. I have to look through the windshield to get to where I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to go. Yeah, so obviously, again bum John's out of here. But I do think it reflects a like the Tennis point and really a great point, a larger new culture. Yeah, new culture, new perspective on how to build a team. And I think that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to build a team. Let's talk about the elephant in the room. We're building a team to beat the Philly deaf. Yeah, just be honest, the ghost.
Speaker 1: So obviously we've talked about the debo trader. I think we talked about that a long time in the last podcast. Obviously you know, according to reports, he'll be here, and I think that'll be a great addition. The competitiveness, the toughness. You talked about building a culture. I feel like he's a nice piece for that.
Speaker 3: Very good coaching piece.
Speaker 1: How he raises the floor of the offense. I think it's something we're all excited about too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also with coach Queen saying I want my guys to be fast and physical, with Debo, is is filled. He is the pitime at whide receive a physicality and motivation. Like I always tell people, I've been around a lot of pros, but we are motivated by different things.
Speaker 3: And one thing that motivates.
Speaker 2: Us is when we get cut, Like if you like cut, traded, whatever you want. When the reset button is push, I think it just gives us a refresh, like okay, let me get back grounded, let me get back focused. So not only are we getting Debo, but I think we're getting a focused home gry Debo.
Speaker 4: Also, you got to understand, regardless if it's something that you can say that you wanted to happen or didn't, when that guy gets somewhere new anybody, because I remember coming over here. I was loving the fact that I got a chance to get out of New York at the time I did. When I got here, it was like, look, I ain't doing none of that riff rap stuff.
Speaker 3: I remember. I remember, people want me to come show here. No bro, I got to prove to these guys out the gate.
Speaker 4: Yeah who I am. So you get a guy that's coming in focused made. I mean, that's the major thing that I look at from players, where they mindset at you know what I mean. So you get a guy that's focused. I hate the fact when I was watching this whole off season when you had you are sitting around not playing all these other guys I was I was skeptical about them coming in when they did sign because you didn't really get a chance to do what.
Speaker 3: You was doing.
Speaker 4: And I love the fact that it didn't affect Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. I'm like, so what was he doing?
Speaker 4: You know when the cameras went on, he had to be doing something because you saw a difference in his play than the other guy. So when you get a guy like Deebo, whether you're coming over here because you wanted to or because you was traded. Man, he's spent to scrap everything he did in those other years and he's gonna buckle down and try to be the best of himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so really really looking forward to him being here. But I think the other thing about this, and we're gonna say this a lot during the show, is right now we have you know, we had twenty nine free agents to start this processing. So wow, Deebo Samuel is a big name that is allegedly going to be joining this team here very shortly, probably on Wednesday. They still need to build out the scaffolding of these things. So, like I said, it is Monday, and we've already signed back both tight ends, which I'm really excited about. John Bates according to reports, is back for a three year extension. Zach Ertz, according reports, is back for a one year extension. I mean, I'm for given what their impact was on the offense, I think this is a good first step to kind of laying that foundation. I think both of them are, to your point, Fred, like cultural pieces that are really nice additions, and I think that they are also kind of they're just good football players. But I think you look at John specifically, he's a young guy and that's why he gets a three year deal, someone that you can kind of build around. And so during this reagent process, I think there's two things. One you want to get more talented, and one you want to find cornerstones, people that are cultural, cultural pieces that you can build around moving.
Speaker 2: Forward, especially guys that ain't going to crash the bank. You know, John Bates is one of them pieces that you don't really see his what he brings the tape in the numbers. But but if I'm a running back, he reflects my numbers. Yeah, yeah, like he reflects everything that you do. So most definitely, I thought it was very important to bring him back. And zach Ertz, my god, you're talking about the rebirth of a career and it just shows you how important a tight end is to a young quarterback. I'm sorry, man, it's it's paramount. Like, I'm sorry, Like, if you didn't bring zach Ertz back, you were gonna have to upgrade that. You will have to bring somebody just as good in. And I don't know if it was somebody just as good on the free.
Speaker 1: Agent I was going to ask you, like, is there is there a better pass catching option that does what he does and for agency or in the drafts. And I don't know if I could say definitively yes, there are some very talented pieces.
Speaker 3: Say they would say Loveland. A couple of these guys.
Speaker 1: Loveland's very skilledul I think he's a top twenty pick. So he's not gonna be there when you pick.
Speaker 4: Look at it like if it's not broke, Yeah, you know what I mean. You have a young guy already in here that they got a relationship, that we got a relationship with, and then you have an older guy that, you know, man, all I got to do is give him another year because he showed me last year that giving him that one year, you know, gave him a breath of fresh air and he was able to go out there and I mean down that stretch. Who was a better pass catcher than than did he win? I think at one point he was what twenty four attempts and he had one drop, you know. So I mean, and then when you talk about John Bates, I just feel like he's you know how they have that saying, you know how you have your meals, especially when you're a caller counter, you know, gonna bring it up for guys who you know me and you me and you got to speak the same language a little bit when we talking micros and all macros and all this stuff. When you're a calorie counter John Bates to meet to our team, it's like those hitting calories like a drink, like you're eating your foods. I got three hundred calories in my food, but you drunk a got soda. So you got a John Bates where you might not see those numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's there. He's there, and he's.
Speaker 4: Very valuable for you because what you need him to do, whether it's going to be blocking or catching. You know, he might be in disguise to the lineman because they're like, oh, they don't throw the ball, and then he leaks out and then boom, you know what I mean, moved a chain. So I love the fact that you were able to have that at home. You didn't have to go out and seek it. You had those both both of those guys. You had the erth who can go out there and show you that he can still be that that that earth he.
Speaker 3: Was years ago.
Speaker 4: Now he might not have that pepping this stuff like he was when he when he was younger.
Speaker 3: But he still has those hands. Can we agree that he had a who you think he had the better year? Him? And Dad's got it because that's who replaced.
Speaker 1: Him in philyink exactly. But I think I think Cliff really understands how to use that. Yeah he does. And I think, like I was gonna ask you to. I don't know how much you watched him, but like he runs routes, man.
Speaker 3: No, I just told you separation.
Speaker 4: You know, people get People get caught up in how fast you are. I never got caught up in fast. I got caught up in the And when I put that foot in the ground, how much room I'm giving myself to catch that ball, or how much room I'm giving myself for that quarterback to say, I gotta I gotta target, you know. And that's what you saw, Merts, every time he got up there, no matter how fast how slow he was running, when he gave you that wiggling boom, Yeah, it was separation. He always separated. So that's what I see in him. And you walk, watch him walking around you like something hurting on him. He got that foot, you got that walk, Like, dude, I can played basketball.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: The one thing I could do with this tail is an old football like listen with Doug Walks in.
Speaker 4: Football said, yeah, boy dog walking like a quarterback that's stood in that week the Jedi class.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I know you, I know you had had a full career. All right, Lovey, you got the kind of walk to that.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't love that that's happening for me. I gotta do something about that.
Speaker 3: You got that peppy, you got that look giddy up in your stuff. You can tell that right there. They can't get a little enough louve this morning.
Speaker 1: Because we're talking about Tedans, I think it's important talking about the other guy that's here, which is Ben Sennate. We got a fan question about it, Yeah from Bradford. Is Ben Sennate more of a replacement for Baits or Earth? And because I played tight end, because I watch him on I'll take the first swing at this right and so for me, he's not really a replacement for either. I know that sounds he's a hybrid of both. It sounds crazy. So to me, like he's like the classic like Kyle Uschek in San Francisco. He can play off the ball, he can do some move stuff. He can play in line, but because of his lack of length, like Bates has thirty three in charms, the big guy almost thirty four inch arms, like really good length, can complete with defensive lineman sin, it's not going to do that at a super high level, Like you don't want them do that and say, oh so, then you look at his exposed numbers, and his exposed numbers are crazy, like his force plate numbers are like ninety seven percentile, his verticals like ninety seven percentile. He's an explosive dude.
Speaker 3: He's a whipping is whip.
Speaker 1: The problem with that is that he doesn't run routes the way Zach runs. We just talked about how he's got that kind of old man ymca. Yeah, he's gonna try and beat you with horsepower. Yeah. So when you watch him in Kansas City, Kansas State, like he's he's running verticals breaks and there's the nuance the separation tools, yeah aren't there. So they're just different players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but can you get that?
Speaker 2: I think he can develop this, especially learning from a guy like Er, like how do you how you consistently get opened on this ten yard end round?
Speaker 3: Like and he's gonna let him know.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm dipping this shoulder, I'm playing basketball, Like that's what Erch does better than in it tdy end in the league.
Speaker 3: He will post you up.
Speaker 1: And so I think that's a great point, Fred, because if he could learn some of that nu once, Yeah, I think Ben would probably be more likely to take the zach Ertz. Yes, but it's I think people say, oh, it's a oh he's the pass catching tight end. Zach's a passing catching tight end. And I will tell you right now they're not the same. Zach is doing he's like a it's a master class of the stuff Fred just talked about the lean, the bend, the stick, the stems, breaking leverage, understanding coverage, like you're gonna be hard pressed to find someone better doing it. So Ben needs to learn some of that stuff to fill that role of catching seventy balls in a year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this telling me, can he get good at the normal Can he get good at the everyday routes? Because he's one of those guys where because he's somewhat of a weapon, you designed plays for him. Can you get open when I and just inside of a regular play that I don't design for you.
Speaker 3: Can he get can he get used to that? I think if he can get used to that.
Speaker 1: Kind of a basic like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And that first read, second reading, you happen to be my third read. But you getting open.
Speaker 4: I think that's the reason why you bring a zach Urst around, you know, for for a second year or two, because now you have that I guess you could say that tutor or that mentor right in his room. Then he can he can study from you know, being out physical kids.
Speaker 3: You know, he out physical kids and collage.
Speaker 4: He went out there and the big bought basically just you know, toy to round because he had the ability to outrun half of those guys at that size, and he was.
Speaker 3: Bigger than half of those guys in that size.
Speaker 4: Now you're in the big man's world where every guy, even the guy off the bench, yeah, can run with you can our physical you can you know, you know, beat you up, you know, so to say, and then you say, okay, what you need to ask you can't because now you can compete with these guys. You're big enough, you're fast enough. But what you need to add And then that zach Ertz, that's why he's here. So you sit there and you watch him enough, it's gonna come on. It's gonna tackle down.
Speaker 2: To out of time where athletes start to mimic athlete watching Jordan Love play quarterback. He looks exactly like Aaron Rodgers, how he holds the ball, the way he throws the ball.
Speaker 3: And you pick up habits from the guys you you play with.
Speaker 4: So I think, I think when it comes to answering that question or yes, he's not either you know he's not either or Bates, but he can he can honestly be something that none of them. I mean because like because I think when you're developing guys, that's what you get a guy like being sent it from You get a guy that man, look this guy here, the potential he.
Speaker 3: Once he get it when we done with him, what he can be.
Speaker 4: He can be so explosive, we might can use him like a Tony Gounzalees. I mean, you know me, I think he has that ability, you know, And I.
Speaker 1: Think that's the thing is like when you look at all the numbers, he's like wicked explosively. He's crazy explosive. So it's there, and when you watch him in the run game, he's got good snap, he's got good pop, especially on the second level. Stuff like say blocking his won't do it, won't to and so. But the thing is, it's like you gotta you gotta you gotta grow, you gotta learn, and so, like I think about my rookie year and I couldn't block, you know, Chris Wilson, it was like the third string special teams ed rusher. Yeah, I couldn't do it. But you learn. You talk to Chris Cool, you talk to Fred, you talk to some of the old linemen. Oh, this is my technique, and hopefully you see that level of progression. It's just it's it's he's got a little ways to go, I think, and I'm trying to get that across. Like I think he can do it.
Speaker 3: I've ben saying I think he can get there. The question is how fast?
Speaker 2: How fast do you develop and how fast do you get to where the game slows down and.
Speaker 4: How fast does it turns on in your head that I can't be too far behind these guys.
Speaker 3: It's about time for me to start taking new y.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, you know, because I you know, young guys getting here, Some young guys get.
Speaker 3: In here and saying I'm comfortable, be a part of it.
Speaker 4: I got I got in front of me, I got this other guy in front of him, I got based in front of me. I'm comfortable. Or you can say I don't like these guys here in front of me. They brought me in here for a reason. And now what you do is by him up and everybody. He's gonna up his his arm level of all play that he's gonna up all these guys, because not a whole room is going to sit up there and say, well, damn, this young guy behind us, he in my back pocket.
Speaker 2: I got to get in my back pocket. In the perfect world, at the end of next year, he should be the store and tight end. He should be the staring tight end body end of that should be the extra piece.
Speaker 3: The rest of love the fact that we got all three of them.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that we got all three of them because that only makes our room that much stronger.
Speaker 1: And so it'll be interesting to see because we're I think we're all excited about Ben. We want to but to see his development because again we want to see the the stuff on the field, the nuance on the field, match the athletic upside and they take it old.
Speaker 2: Man game out of out of zach ERT's head, put it in yours like this time. I remember when I first guy here, they would thirteen Day of Green told me, he said, I'm fing to take my brain and put it in yo you for body, and give you a chance to be a legit player in the lead.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I tell this story all the time. But like one of the things that it's different, Like college football is one thing, NFL football is something completely different. You have to be on your technique, you have to be on your assignments. Like I remember, this is a crazy story. So I was with Chris and he was like, Logan, why you always laid off the ball? And I was like, what are you talking about? Chris, Like I get off when the when he says set hut like I'm going, and he talked, watchs me in the film room right down here, the old tight end room and goes play pause, play pause, play pause, and I'll be damned if I wasn't a full count behind everybody. And so I was like, I was like, how'd you even notice that? Know? What had said anything to me? And he goes go talk to Rybach and Will Montgomery, the centers at the time. So I walked down there and he's like, I'm actually snapping it on the s of set.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So like it's said, hut yeah, and he's stapping on the SI yeah. And I was that late and it's not even a second. It's a tenth of a second, hundred of a second.
Speaker 4: So you waiting tout yeah and they already moving yeah.
Speaker 1: And so again like that's like, that's the level of detail this game requires, and so hopefully these guys all get there. So in addition to the tight ends that we're all really excited about, we got Zane Gonzalez recording to reports free signing again. I think I think that's going to be one piece of a competition. I think that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 3: But do you think Cyber get a chance to win a job?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He seems like he's still kind of nicked up.
Speaker 3: He might be still nick but I thought his year, yeah I was.
Speaker 1: But I guess that's what I'm saying is like, we're not talking about Cyber right now. Yeah, of the injury, right.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like this competition in the me I feel like this the md'll be you bring a guy back like that, if he's healthy, bring a guy back in there, because I think he did.
Speaker 4: He meant so much time season and into how we started.
Speaker 1: You know you that Giants, what is it? Sixty seven to field won again? That's crazy. But but you know, I've I don't think I've ever been on a team where we've had like a kicker. There's always been another guy that comes in to compete, right, Like I'm trying to think, have you ever.
Speaker 2: Now when I first got here, we stole Joe Howe, when we was just Washington Jet Ski, we stolen.
Speaker 3: Everybody from I came over here.
Speaker 1: My locker room, like.
Speaker 3: The locker room, I didn't play. I'm told, I'm like, you need sending some of these gents man.
Speaker 2: So we sent them Alec laburn Man and they gave us Tom Now we had big Grandy Thomas, we had Joe how we had Chad Morton, Chad Mordon, j Skians.
Speaker 1: So we guess what I'm saying is like Jane's back, you know, allegedly back Cyber. You know, like it's it's that's a normal NFL. It's not like saying this guy's batter good. It's just like that's how you do it. Yeah, get kickers, they compete, they do their thing, and probably maybe the most exciting potential re signing. Obviously, this doesn't become official till Wednesday. Streuss way back on one year deal away.
Speaker 4: I know he fresh because he missed the way.
Speaker 2: The question is how long can miss the wade keep hunting? Yeah, because I think he still got twy years.
Speaker 4: He's thirty, he's thirty four, forty, thirty four, thirteen or fourteen to looking.
Speaker 2: Up, No, no, no, this is years here with us. Yeah, so it's probably the year eleven or twelve?
Speaker 1: Right, what is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, eleven or twelve, because I don't think he started as a twenty year old.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that'll be interesting. I would have said thirteen. What is what I would have said, I don't know, twelve, twelve. But he also, I remember you also missed the year because he had he did practice squad or try out competition in Chicago and then came here. So maybe it's only his eleventh year. But yeah, I think obviously everyone's excited about him. You know, Leadership, I think is something he brings.
Speaker 3: And that's the way.
Speaker 1: That's kind of funny talking about a punter being a leader, but he is.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's a blue guy. He's a guy like listen to me. His selfishness giving it at number five to jayde set the whole year in the right course, like doing stuff like that, and the way I watched him sit on it sideline and do nothing this year was great, not a pro being a You asked me to show up, I showed up. My services was not needed, but I'm here when you do need it. President mister Waite, Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, glad that he's back again. Leadership get Zach leadership from Zach, leadership from trust and then I don't know, maybe the most important leadership element, and this one is official. Bobby Wagoner resigns on a one year deal.
Speaker 3: We had to do it.
Speaker 1: You can probably gush on this for an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can say had to do it. It was the right move. He is the ultimate leader and the ultimate chess player. While you out there, the things he do checking to defense and see this what the this is what the untrained I don't see is how he battles with these quarterbacks and checking to the and putting everybody in the right defense, especially in that way.
Speaker 3: You're a London Fletcher.
Speaker 4: You don't know how valuable a guy is until you actually get the chance to see him on your squad. And man, Bro, I'm talking about having a quarterback. It's one thing though, that he's the quarterback of the defense. I mean, Bro, I watched this guy sit there last minute and just making checks and putting guys in place, man, and just used to understand somebody's value, man, And Bobby showed it from day one. He showed of since he was over there in Seattle. I remember playing against him his rookie season and didn't even know he was a rookie.
Speaker 3: You know, that's how valuable he was to that team.
Speaker 4: And just to see him what years years removed from those guys and went, I think he had to stint somewhere else. Yeh la la playing in La back to Seattle down here.
Speaker 3: Don't like he missed a beat, you know.
Speaker 2: He just he's just one of those players you know what you're gonna get, And you can't say that about out in that field player.
Speaker 1: And I think I've had a bunch of fans come up to me and it's like, oh, like, how's he playing And he's not playing like he was when he was in Seattle.
Speaker 3: I'm not expecting him to and I think.
Speaker 1: That's an unreal estate expectation. But you know what he does do a really good job of, is he's his leaderships off the chart, his ability to control, Like I just remember the BEARSS game where it's like they got the empty check on, they shift back to a tight formation, he checks it up, it's short. You like his ability to communicate to all levels of the defense. You see what from a mental standpoint, what the green dot looks like. Yeah, and there's a you go to the combine and people talk about linebackers and they say, I'm looking for someone who can wear that green dot because there's not a lot of them. And we've got a guy get that done a high level and again tackles well in his asystem. So I think again, is he is he the guy that he once was? No, but none of us. I don't have to say I'm not the guy was five years ago.
Speaker 3: But gets what he is. He gonna be there, He gonna be there when you need him.
Speaker 2: He consisted, he don't miss games, He take care of his body and He's one of those leaders to don't lead with a lot of discs, but he he's vocal, but he does.
Speaker 1: But he does in a way that I think is undervalued. What I mean by that, it's like when you're in when you're around the team, he's the guy that like cuts up with you, like hey, for what's up? Many good? Like oh, like, man, your forehead looks crazy whatever, you know what I'm saying. Like, and that that brings people together, It brings locker room together in a way that like is undervalue.
Speaker 2: They get a study they say freends with each other, yeah, or four hundred percent more earnest with each other and tied it in each other.
Speaker 3: So oh, let's plus lendy, we should be riddy.
Speaker 1: And just a little fact checking. Uh, this will be twelve Trust's twelfth season. You're very close, Freddy. Yeah, all right. So those are all the things that have happened so far. And again, we're recording this on Monday. Yes, we know that agency show comes out on Tuesday, so a lot of there's probably a lot more, a lot more information, But what we're going to do in the meantime, it's kind of do a little bit of a preview of free agency with risk it for the biscuit and should we resign our free agents. I think that's kind of an interesting question.
Speaker 3: I'll glad to hunt other free agents.
Speaker 1: Yes, And this is presented by Marsh McLennon agency, your partner and risking people's strategies, and so one of the things before we get started, I feel like I have to say this is you need We're in a really interesting situation because we're kind of the commanders. You're kind of entering. You are not entering. You're in a playoff window, right. You need to get more talented. But in addition to get getting more talented, you also need more depth because one of the things about the last regime that was here, there's not a lot of depth on the roster, right, so you need to kind of go get really talented pieces and then supplementary pieces, and then also supplement with the draft. So it's a very challenging.
Speaker 2: What you want to do is raise the floor in every room. I ain't worried about the ceiling right now. I need to raise the floor in every room.
Speaker 1: And so I think this leads us nicely to our first fan question. Michael asks, what's what missing pieces do we need in order to turn those post losses into dominant wins. Sorry, the quarters right in my face.
Speaker 2: I'm going the guys to smell like bacon. I want the guys all over three hundreds. And I'm talking about both sides, offense and defensively.
Speaker 3: The trench warfare is what win games.
Speaker 2: If we didn't learn anything in the Super Bowl, we learned you can have all the athletes behind the big lines.
Speaker 1: They matter.
Speaker 2: Because we've seen a team Kansas City Justice talented, it's Philadelphia until you get into the trenches. Like the trench warfare was one in that game. So I'm all about the guys that smell like bacon. And when I say add to that room, I want to add starters. So if that means somebody that started this year has to now go down the level, I just raised the floor in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the same way.
Speaker 4: I feel like you know when you look at great teams are hard to come by, and I think where the starts at is just up front. If I can run the football late in the season or through the whole year, I just saved myself.
Speaker 3: I save my quarterback A whole lot of you know.
Speaker 4: Now, because I can always rely on that running back to get us out of harm's weight, you know. And then I know we have the quarterback who can throw to anybody and everybody who can throw you open, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 4: So when you have a guy at the ham that you know you can trust in, what's the next best thing, protect them?
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying. That's why we changed the game.
Speaker 4: We wanted to protect you know, Manny, And then he saw Tom say, I want to protect Tom. I want to keep these guys up because they make our league better. You know, our league is better when all these guys are healthy and we playing into the they're playing their teams are playing late into the postseason, and we get a chance to watch them come playoff time.
Speaker 3: So that's what you want for your young Jedi five.
Speaker 4: You want to make sure you're protecting him one by you know, pass blocking, and then the other way by stuffing that ball and whoever he's going to have in that backfield and us being able to get you know, move to change that way. And when you go to the other side of the ball. What was our problem stopping the run? You know what I mean, and it starts up front. So you know, we have so many skill guys. You talked about Bobby, talk about our safeties, our corners, all those guys had probably numbers was up when it came to tackles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't want that. But you don't want that.
Speaker 4: You want those guys that a front to be able to, you know, be stiff enough that those guys don't have to worry about getting into the place. So yeah, I just think, man, it's all about those guys up front of them.
Speaker 3: You get better there, man, you get better as a whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's one thing that's going to be tough though. In free agency, it is like, because teams understand that the league understands that they don't let a lot of talented free agents go. Talented offensive lineman hit free agents, But.
Speaker 4: Do you think we need one or two in both places and we get that much better?
Speaker 1: So I think that what this is, this is a great question. This is like a like the core philosophy of building a team. It's like, so I think, for this is an example, Ronnie Stanley already signed, but if you could have signed Ronnie Stanley, it's a game change and you could have bumped Brandon Coleman to wherever you phone right guard, right tackle, or guard whatever you needed to do. Yeah, that's the kind of move for talking about.
Speaker 3: That's that floor going up.
Speaker 1: There's no no good like even like Walker little who's like the swing he was like he was a right tackle in Jacksonville. He resigned Aleric Jackson from LA who is going to be a left tackle in the market. He resigned. They if the guy's good teams, don't let them leave the.
Speaker 3: Little man bringing back a guy like Branda shere.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting one to me too. Again he's so this is where I and this is a personal perspective. So if if, if you know, if they do re sign or they bring in Sheriff, I'd be ecstatic. But I want guys with a little bit of youth that we can build down. Like we just talked about with Bates, he's a little bit younger. He's a cornerstone piece beatist. I think is a great example that guys where you say they're going to be here for the next two or three years.
Speaker 3: How about we just steal Makay Bickton.
Speaker 1: That's what do you think about the figure like, do you like That's one thing about Mikay Beckton which I think is really interesting. Is he good outside of Philadelphia without that excellent offensive line?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm gonna keep h mc gord.
Speaker 2: I think they found like this like this, this like what happens to Kohlers when we lose a step.
Speaker 1: We moved to scaety. It just it happens.
Speaker 2: Moved me a little bit, father back off the ball and allowed me to use my mind.
Speaker 3: I believe he found the home at guard because he's in He ain't in space anymore. He's proved it in the league. I don't have the band to play tackle, but I don't need that being it going. I need to remove, I need to move people.
Speaker 1: Need to be big. It's big.
Speaker 3: It needs me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think those are some interesting names, but again those are interior players. And this is something like like larger philosophy of the offensive line. I think is interesting. Is I think maybe I'm an outliner. I think it's easier to find guards. He's easier to fight guards at centers. It is, And so when that tackle becomes available, I'm always like, you gotta find a way to grab it. I got a conversation with someone this offseason about San Francisco's offense and why they struggled so badly, and they were like, it's because they lost their playmaking left tackle, and I was like, it can have been that significant, But when you go watch the film, it makes everybody else worse when Trent's not playing. Yes, and so if you can find it doesn't need to be Trent Williams. But if you could just raise the floor at that position, move Coleman wherever he needs to move, it just gets everything. It raises the whole. So I just think it's it's hard to find. The point is in free agency, that's a tough fine. So that becomes a draft thing, which could be at twenty nine. But even then, like is that best player available?
Speaker 3: Could you trust Adam Peters to find another coal because talk about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a sneaky find.
Speaker 3: What I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I heard all all scenason on the radios that we don't off I thought the Alphas a lot stood up.
Speaker 3: I thought they played Walliam Can we fact?
Speaker 1: But I think that's the thing is like I think we all agree that they did it. Those guys, those five dudes, Yeah, I love those guys. Yeah, they played and even Trent Scott in there Deader put him in there too. They played their butts off. They played really well. But I want they just I just want to increase the town. Like you're saying, what's what you're saying to raise the floor. Improved the room, and you improve the room, and that's an easy way to do it in the same then, So I think that's the way we want to look at it. So that's one that I look at. I look at like wide receiver, No we obviously Deebo Samuel allegedly will be here. I get it to keep saying, So you.
Speaker 2: Got three on the roster right now, this Terry McCaffrey and this DIBA on Wednesday, So there you go with three of them.
Speaker 1: But I do think that like Tanna, I don't know how you feel about it, but bringing in a another young resigning Diami resigning Noah one of those guys depending on the market, I think that's something you look at. Corner we talked about. I think I think, yes, safety is not about it getting a little bit younger at linebacker, having someone kind of in the wings, like in addition to mcgeegee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got Jeorge McGee.
Speaker 1: We've got McGee, and then defensive line, I think is another it's just basically every room. But I think that's the point. But then, so this is why frade has become so important because we had so many free agents. We got to resign some of our own guys, and then we got to find young talented piece you guys, because we don't because there's no jam and David Davis coming through the pipeline. There's no film because those guys couldn't cut it. Yeah, right, yeah, So we got to make good selective decisions here, and I think that's why this pher agency period is so incredibly interesting. Right, next question thoughts on Jack Sawyer the Edge out of Ohio State. We did this. We ranked all of our defensive linemen on Take It to the Draft podcast, so make sure you check that on other podcasts. But I think this question kind of points to a larger issue, which is defensive line. This draft is incredibly talented on the defensive line, but there are some free agent pieces that again we can re sign or we can look at other spots to fill. What do you guys thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: You could file?
Speaker 4: I say, I'm always if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You know, Don't get me wrong, I'm always I'm looking for us to get better. So if we have a guy in the room or in the building already, that's not going to cause us a pretty good.
Speaker 2: Penny saw it was the best pass rush on his own college team, really was j T.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom allowed.
Speaker 2: I thought hemer four four was the best pass rushing. So if I'm looking to add a guy, add him in the second round. Yeah, Like, I think that's a win win for everybody.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny when people start talking about picks, right, It's like, okay, well you go offensive line too. You are in the first round at twenty nine, and then in the second round you go defensive line. But we all got six.
Speaker 5: Picks, so you got you got to maximize how to maximize those picks, and you got to understand that when you are picking, because I think I think it's a big gap in picking, right.
Speaker 1: I think we got like three So I mean, if I remember correctly, you're picking at the end of the first you're picking at the end of the second, you're picking at the beginning roughly the beginning of the third. Then you don't pick it again like the fifth, sixth round. Uh, I think they traded the fifth. There's no fourth round pick anymore. Yeah, so it's a there's a little bit of space in there and then three agency. You know that's I was gonna say, Tanna, this is what I was bringing back to is because of that spacing, you're not gonna be able to get uber talented people. So like Tanni's point where it's like Dante Fowler, like if the price is right Bach or if there's other people out there, there's a bunch of lists of frigens, you need to make sure that you supplement in fre agency. Also, that's the thing we're saying. It's like a draft, great, but now we got to build our team out. I heard someone say this the other day. I think it's exactly right. You want to make sure you're going into the draft not needing the drafty, thank you.
Speaker 2: You want to go best play available, Like, that's what good teams do, that's what we watch kidsy seeing it due then what Philadelphia've been doing for the last three years, Who is the best play availage that they.
Speaker 3: Fall I don't care.
Speaker 2: Run the name tag up and get him like this what good teams do. They don't go in trying to say I need this one player, two players at this draft to be a team.
Speaker 3: I'm just going into the best player man years. We watched New England Patriots do that. Yeah, they got it. They just got to steal it. I mean, like did they even need him?
Speaker 4: But then you find out they just knew that he was valuable enough to come in and add to what they was doing.
Speaker 1: So that's a great point. And so again that's kind of what we're talking about here. I know we're kind of roundabout way, but you need to fill this all out. Get so all the things we just talked about, your number two receiver depth on the old line, you need that needs to happen now. Yeah, and then you put the cherry on top with the talented young piece. And I think that's what we're what we're talking about. Okay, So next question is about managing the cap from Sean, do you think the depth at each position will take a hit if we make big free agent moves?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean how much money we I hate these types of questions because it's like, how much mone are we talking about?
Speaker 2: But we're not talking about Josh Hallen's three hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: So we have we have Jane Davis on it, we.
Speaker 3: Have them over there. Oh no, they are ready five million under the cap.
Speaker 1: That helps them, That helps them. It's crazy that number.
Speaker 3: You immediately think, oh, man.
Speaker 1: Because the cap appreciates each year, and so it's a five year deal, right, yeah, so you lock them in it, you lock them in for five years. It's the same thing that the chief did with Patrick Mahomes. They gave him like what is that half a billion hundred yeah, five hundred million dollars or whatever. Half a billion dollars. Right, Everyone's like, oh my god, that's gonna kill him. But it sets the line you can plan four years outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he only make like thirty five million. Yeah, crazy, it's ridiculous. If the Josh Allen did it, I think he got too forty two seventy guaranteed.
Speaker 4: He's the second so he's here, it's like twenty something two million something right.
Speaker 2: To No, he got two hundred guarantee to twenty five.
Speaker 1: Can you believe he's the second highest paid quarterback. He's a second hand behind Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: I forgot I forgot all about making sixty a year. Lot of me.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you need to drive a duck. So talking about a team that screwed themselves up, you've got the I don't know where you want to put Dak.
Speaker 2: He's not with the two guys we just talked about. And I'm a Missippi stateable dog. You know how I feel about my bull dog. But he ain't no patch my home, and he ain't no Josh Like the worst thing you could ever do as a gym. I've studied it for years. It's overpay guys that are not on the level that you pay them. Your team can't bounce breach from that. Can think about this.
Speaker 3: I said the.
Speaker 2: Cowboys wouldn't succeed because of this. They pay their quarterback is he is. He is the best quarterback in the league. They hate they had the Lawrence. It's one of the highest paid pass rushing. He wasn't even in the top ten in his position.
Speaker 3: He play.
Speaker 2: Then you pay Diggs it's the best deep in the best corner and he ain't a.
Speaker 3: Top five corner.
Speaker 4: But to say all that, because we've been here before. We talked about that with the other guys. If they pull if they had a season leading into that payday that said that they deserve the payday. They only could pay him worth what all the other guys who you're talking about is get it. So at the end of the day, that's where they always find themselves in the situation. You get a player or two that goes out there and have a crazy year like Diggs. Dig had a crazy year. They had those picks, but you have to look at the underlying thing. And he gave up more yarns than any corner.
Speaker 2: But at least my negotiation, if I'm from office, exactly, I'm gonna pay you in the top five. But you would not mean you would not. And that's what Dallas. They just paid the detackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah what the game? One hundred dollarmost eighty seven. So yeah, and I'm like, good player, Yeah, good player. I mean I actually think I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man, it's tough. It's tough being a gym. It's tough being a team that has to play play a guy. Because if remember for those years when Kirk was getting that money for one year and he getting one yet, but he's getting that much for that one year because that's where the cap, that's what the.
Speaker 3: Market said they deserved.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying, Whether you like it or not, he's getting what his market value is.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that fans don't understandable talk. This is more of a value thing. So like Bill Williams, Evan's like, I'd pay million mill Williams twenty million dollars a year, you know, for the next three years, which would you know, sixty million bucks? Sixty bucks, sixty million. That's fine. But the thing is you don't understand is in this free agency class there are not a lot of good players. Yeah, it's not so he's going to be at a premium, so he's going to get probably closer to twenty five. Yeah, and people like it. That's too much. It's like, well, that's the market.
Speaker 3: Especially when you compete, because there's.
Speaker 1: Because there's nobody else. So when you say DIGGI Zo got overpaid, like it feels like a big number, but it's also like that's the market because there's not a lot of good interior pass rushers available in trade.
Speaker 3: I love what the cowboys are doing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying they do it anything you wrong, But I'm no bad I'm no bad stuff. When I see then what I'm telling you, And then you got realized that good dig you do with Dad.
Speaker 3: You still got it.
Speaker 1: You still got it.
Speaker 2: Negotiate with with Micah, with Michael posit now you won't talk about.
Speaker 1: You said, feel like they're gonna screw up. It kind of feels like.
Speaker 3: They're going to blow it. Do we know they' gonna blow it?
Speaker 2: Like they going to blow it and he gonna end up taking lists to go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: So back to Shawn's question, do you think the depth of the positions will take a hit if we make big free agency? I don't know who you're gonna pay in this class, in this agency class, don't There's not like a guy where like, oh we gotta get this guy. Oh we gotta get this guy.
Speaker 2: It never happens like this, It never really has like a okay draft.
Speaker 3: In an okay free agency, usually.
Speaker 2: One of them is is out through the roof, like this is an okay draft.
Speaker 1: I'd say the top's not good, but the middle, the.
Speaker 3: Middle, it's good good, And it's just an okay free agent.
Speaker 2: I thought the trade the more better than the free agents that was available.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again, like Sean, if you got somebody you're thinking about, like, I can't think of anybody, Like maybe you're thinking about Khalil Mack from from Yeah, he just resigned and I would have bet he bet my house that he would resign.
Speaker 2: He was come on leaving right, all right. But you guys got a trade, and I say, I think the trades. I bet it because you got hindrid.
Speaker 1: So this is the thing i'd say, because that maybe that's what he's talking about, is the trade Hendricks. The same thing is so interesting because I think you could easily afford him, and this is in the window. He's a very productive player. The thing that makes me nervous about him is you're giving up draft capital and.
Speaker 3: So we're giving up draft capital in the drel.
Speaker 1: So but I'll say this, we've already given up picks right for other trades we've done, like the debot trade, the Marshall animal trade. I think those are gonna fine trades.
Speaker 3: You can give away future pigs to. Now you don't have to be So.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is like in it, we just talked about how we need to kind of fill the roster out and get hindred.
Speaker 3: You don't have to get away that first that first or that second. With some I don't think you have to give away first because.
Speaker 1: We think so we know the situation. So the word on the street, word on the street as they're asking for our first, and I.
Speaker 3: Would glad to get it up. Do you know how many sexties? Man is?
Speaker 1: But then you got to pay him and then you say, does that one player raise the floor of the team. It kind of reminds me a little bit of like the L. A. Rams a couple of years ago when they brought in Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Yeah Jalen or yeah yeah Ja.
Speaker 1: So you bring him in and that team was ready. They were one piece away. I'm asking you one piece away. And if Adam does this and he thinks we're one piece away, I totally support Adam. But right now, as of the seven, I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I can say it is we are in dire need of a A plus paish rush.
Speaker 1: Everybody is, yes, I mean unless you're Cleveland.
Speaker 2: So how we acquire him? I don't really care. Yeah, I just want to get a guy that makes the other team say assignment number one, but stop ninety one.
Speaker 1: So the thing about this with Hendricks is like, yeah, he's he's awesome. I mean when you look at his numbers, like he's the most he's outside of Miles Garrett, he's the most productive pass rusher since they've both come in the league. Like, he's awesome. The problem is like if you said, hey, man, i'll give you a third and I'll pick and I'm giving him an extension. The reason you're trading him is because you won't do it. That seems like good value to me. But if you want to first and a third and I gotta pay the contract.
Speaker 2: And I say, the leverage is for me now the buyer, because he don't want to be there and you don't want to pay.
Speaker 1: It, so you're gonna take what I offer. Basically, yes, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not the prisoner here. You are because you're cheap, mister Brown.
Speaker 3: You are. Don't realize you're still gonna probably lose. I feel it in my bone. They're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: Jamal Chase.
Speaker 2: No not, I'm telling you because they're playing these Jedi min.
Speaker 1: They is playing they Joe Burrow retired and cheap.
Speaker 3: Mister Brown.
Speaker 4: No, that's why he's being cheap because he understands he has to pay that dude, that's for you. That's forty million a year coming out as his thing right now, Like.
Speaker 2: He just said, he went the GM said, I don't want to say it should have been paid. I can't have the highest paid quarterback, highest paid wire, and the highest paid prayers.
Speaker 3: He said, I can't pay three people at the top. That's why you know, Hindricks gonna be gone. Oh h's it go.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta feeling that they're going to say this Steve Bush to move on is okay?
Speaker 3: We got to move on from Hendrix. He got his way up paid T Higgins twenty five.
Speaker 2: He signed to trade Jama Chase get two three first round.
Speaker 4: Let's dude and repeal your team. Not a bad it's not a bad idea. But I just don't see them doing that to borrow because would freak. You can, bro, he gonna lose his top.
Speaker 1: Me, dude, he's gonna pull. He's gonna pull Carson Palmer. Yeah, cars.
Speaker 3: He said, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: And he was like, he retired, you retired and then came and then he was like, all right, I'm gonna come back down.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: That's how bad he was upset, But so My point is back to this original question. Shawn's question is we have enough money, we could do kind of whatever we want to say so, but it just depends on like who you want to give it to you because right now, I'm not like, this is the guy we got to give him money, but.
Speaker 2: I want to give it to somebody that's proven. Yeah, and Trey Anderson is proven.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I get a little bit worried about the dollars and cents of it not not paying him, because I think the extension would be totally worth it, especially because he's as a top three pass rusher right now, top four pass rusher. But it's the draft capital in conjunction with the pay that makes me a little bit nervous. But like Fred said, he's a known commodity. He's very good. Just what are they asking for If they're asking for a first and a third, I'm like, bro, I got other stuff. I got to take care of her.
Speaker 3: But I'll get you a third and the third THIRDXT year.
Speaker 1: And they'll see what they they'll see if that gets done. All right, So that's kind of what we're talking about. So for me, yeah, you have enough money. Rookie quarterback contract It's just the free agency class is a little bit like lah, like, are you gonna like Milton Williams Josh Sweat? And to me, both those guys feel like guys that Fred talked about earlier where you're going to be paying them more than what their production is going to be. So that's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 2: And I asked, you say, if if I want to pay Mealt in his sweat, am I doing it to spite the Eagles?
Speaker 3: I mean and talent?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe subtract there and here. Yeah, So that's kind of our thought on that question, Sean. Hopefully that's a good answer. So nice one. Setting expectations from DJ. Do you think our offensive playmakers could put up stats similar to what we saw from the playmakers in Detroit?
Speaker 3: Do the emoji?
Speaker 1: You don't know how we know. I'm just I'm just keeping a book.
Speaker 3: So he's saying, can't Arry put up the stairs?
Speaker 1: That offers what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So he said, can Terry put up the numbers? Saint Brown put up? Can can we?
Speaker 1: So basically I read this question like, can we have a number one offense next year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And can Deebo put up the numbers? Like a Jameson wig like then we said, can we put up those numbers?
Speaker 3: But friend, we can say what the hell we want to say that.
Speaker 1: I think we gotta look at We've gotta pump our brakes on this a little bit because we need to know who's on the team.
Speaker 3: I try to keep it realistic.
Speaker 1: We've got three wide receivers.
Speaker 3: I don't know, we don't know who we got. And well, you know what, DJ, yes, we can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, DJ, he gonna talk, he gonna talk of sowing, is not DJ, so on don't.
Speaker 2: Believe what he said anything like you because the last time we went the Motowle we beat up mister Ford.
Speaker 3: We went up at it and kicked in the know it. The record from Stot listen to all I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying is we got the quarterback, we got the offensive mine.
Speaker 3: We add playmakers daily.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, we got a guy that could turn the screen into you know, a sixty yard like. Yes, I feel good. I'm not finna say we're gonna beat Detroit now. Are we're gonna be throwing to the town into the guard. No, we will be as long as you got Jed I five, We'll be a good office.
Speaker 4: DJ I think we're gonna be good, but I yeah, just.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like I don't even know who's the who's the receiver? Like who? Like what are we doing? Like what are we doing right now?
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you how I know you're just told us.
Speaker 1: In four I will say, you are confident.
Speaker 3: If you don't believe, nobody can believe.
Speaker 1: So I hope, I hope it all works out. But it's like there's twenty nine new new people gonna be on this team. That show. It's a new team, so like we got to see how it all jels together, it all comes together.
Speaker 2: That quarterback could be a year old quarterbacks of ball lifts the ball er, Yeah you know Areas the ball or Jackson baller.
Speaker 1: All those things are true. But it's a new group of guys.
Speaker 4: They had something going on back there with that that sonic and all your boy that I ain't seen.
Speaker 3: I don't think nobody matched that. Well listen, you don't you know you don't meet Jamar Gibbs and Giants grocery store. That's what I'm saying. Now, getting one of those like.
Speaker 2: See that's there between an suv and a sports that's now I don't know, if you know, a sports cut low to the ground so you get out of their fans. When I seen Jami Gibbs run, damn, they gave me whip ladder fast.
Speaker 3: Dude's face, did you ever?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure you guys been a high school game and there's like that one kid who's just don't belong in the second they get into space, it's like, oh God, the worst thing that's ever happened. That's how you felt, was I felt watching him.
Speaker 4: I watched Gibbs get the ball and I was there and I told be missed.
Speaker 3: I ain't seen he made six people miss in the.
Speaker 4: Circle and they was just all there he was and he would I say, bro, I ain't seen nothing like that with.
Speaker 3: The fastest Jamar Gibb.
Speaker 2: But Jameis James Jameson, Willis Jameson's different.
Speaker 1: Because it's because look he's got guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's different because he's running route. So you know, the courtback gotta get the balls. Yeah, this guy, you just give him the ball.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's the thing. There's a difference between in my experience, like the acceleration and just straight.
Speaker 2: So you say, in the ten year old days. I think getting forty out one hundred, you said, Williams.
Speaker 4: Wims and whims and just wims and effortlessly got that reverse and just was like.
Speaker 1: And then he gave.
Speaker 3: I gave you more than three. It comes to the t I know he finna go give it a third pup.
Speaker 1: I'm on an idiot like that.
Speaker 3: I know that ticket. I was crying.
Speaker 4: That's just why you lose games like that, because you got to it on your team.
Speaker 3: They're just doing.
Speaker 2: Look like, I know, you gotta have at least three idiots every time I see I talk to him like that.
Speaker 3: That took that job. I'm going back home, man, facing like I'm just tying. Because we know a personally and a good new Christian Newey.
Speaker 2: William I can see him coming in every day tom Foolery with their Tomfoolery.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's gonna do for this show on Tomllery. And that's what we're obviously really excited for the free agency, for the draft, the team building process. Man, we can't wait to see what Hadden Peters in this app does putting this thing together. So make sure you stay tuned. Obviously, Wednesday's Wednesday is a big day. We'll have a reaction to that, probably next week sometime where all the pieces will be in we will talk more about kind of the comprehensive vision for this team. But until next week, that's it. See