Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to a new episode with the Brook and Jeffrey Podcast. Thanks for being here, and a reminder, we've been doing a video for y'all. Go be disappointed in the way we look and how we don't match our voice. But if you want to see a live Awkward or a live second Date on video, you can do that on our YouTube channel at Brock and Jeffrey. So thank you so much for being here. We got a new episode an Awkward Tuesday coming up in a second. But comments Alexis Carter and Color said, I was listening on Spotify and pause so fast to go watch on YouTube, and now I'm heading back to Spotify.
Speaker 2: Okay, I wonder.
Speaker 3: If it's different to watch us and the orders to listen. Maybe you should do both.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like reading a book and then go and seeing the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's never yeah yeah yeah. So there it issorning at Brick and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Your new episode starts now.
Speaker 4: They say two's a party, threes a crowd heard that unless that third person is a waiter coming to your table with this special surprise.
Speaker 3: Huh A big one A wait surprise?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, and that's what one of our listeners had planned for her boyfriend, but now that waiter might need to wait wait like wait wait, not wait on the table, not wait on the table like wait confusing. Yeah, I will okay, because something weird happened the other day and now the whole surprise could be in jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're start with that.
Speaker 4: That's why she's turned to us for help in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Just wait because it's coming up right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: If you want to do something nice for somebody special in your life, does it have to be a surprise?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, But it's nice when it is. I mean, it is fun. That's true.
Speaker 4: Like when I surprised Brooked the other day and told her she was traded to another radio station for an intern to be named.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surprise is on you, Jeff, I'm still here. Unfortunately, yes, backfired, surprise, but.
Speaker 3: That moment was priceless. I wouldn't change that for the world. I totally believe our listener.
Speaker 4: Today, Olivia says she's been planning a surprise for her boyfriend, but now thanks to recent developments, she feels like maybe she should just tell him and blow the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh well, sometimes that happens, you know, like if they want to play something else and it's a day that you have this price anyway depends.
Speaker 4: Let's get more details before we start speculating. Olivia, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're a really thoughtful girlfriend, someone who plans something for their boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Nice job.
Speaker 4: Maybe surprise breakup that'd be kind of cool, very thoughtful. Yes, good girlfriend, you are surprise you're single?
Speaker 2: Breakups are a surprise.
Speaker 3: Sorry, So what's going on with you and your boyfriend?
Speaker 6: So we've been living together for five months now, and it's all most his thirtieth birthday, which I'm so excited about.
Speaker 2: Is he a birthday guy? What's his name?
Speaker 6: By the way, Oh, I'm sorry Jonah. Yeah, And yes, I think he's excited for the most part. You know, I feel like since it's a milestone, it's kind of got that like I'm excited but also can't believe that I'm turning thirty.
Speaker 3: You know, he's definitely not excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's excited to turn thirty when you're in your twenty Let nobody.
Speaker 1: I wish I could argue with Jeffrey, but thirty is the only one I cried at.
Speaker 2: It was just like such a moment.
Speaker 3: But you feel like maybe he's looking forward to it.
Speaker 6: I think so, I mean I am so. I think I'm going to be able to make him excited about it if he's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do you have planned?
Speaker 6: Well, so, Jonah and I have never really traveled anywhere significant together. We've done like a day trip here and there, but no, we're big.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: So a friend of mine who works in travel, she's helped me plan a big thirtieth get away to Mexico for him.
Speaker 1: Whoa taking to Mexico is a surprise?
Speaker 2: Are you going to pull that off? I'm so excited for both of you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm thrilled too. By the way, Sorry, I'm not like jumping in all over it, but yeah, wow, Mexico. Sorry I grew up and we went to other places. Sorry, but Mexico is cool. Yeah, I know Southwest does like a budget trip, and it's really you're just such a what I'm saying. It's great, it's wonderful.
Speaker 4: This is the best gift anyone has ever given anyone ever ignored Jev.
Speaker 2: How soon is this surprise trip supposed to happen.
Speaker 6: It's going to be coming up, like right after his birthday. So my plan was to take him out to dinner and then after dessert, I'm going to have the waiter drop off the envelope on the table that has the itinerary on it, and then we would leave the next day.
Speaker 4: Wow, so it's like the waiter's idea to.
Speaker 3: Give him all the credit.
Speaker 2: Wait, is the waiter coming with us?
Speaker 3: That's kind of cool. You got to take it to Mexican food too.
Speaker 2: Like put Oh, that's a good play.
Speaker 3: You definitely planned this whole thing out though.
Speaker 2: That's so what's happening that's derailing the plan?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 6: Well? Okay, So I was going over the itinerary at home and just kind of making sure everything was buttoned up ready to go, and I got this phone call from work which I had to step out to deal with. And while that was happening, Jonah came home and when I got back to my computer, it was just.
Speaker 2: Off, Oh, no, do you think he saw it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no way he didn't see it.
Speaker 1: And your computer doesn't have like an automatic shut off thing like a sleep mode.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I suppose like maybe he just reached down and turned it off since I wasn't there, but the document was up on the.
Speaker 1: Screencae, maybe you had to shut the screen off to is this reading it? If someone leaves their phone out next to you, I'm like, close it so I don't want.
Speaker 2: To read it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I mean, but it's a good move on his part not to bring it up, not to ruin the supply.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also true, like kind of protecting your feelings. Well, I don't know how was he acting after that.
Speaker 6: Well I didn't bring it up either, but I thought he was acting a little weird. Like the next day he just sort of comments like, Hey, I hope you're not planning on doing anything too big for my birthday. You're super excited to go to dinner, but let's just keep it low key and that'll be really fun.
Speaker 1: I think he didn't read the whole thing then, because if you saw you book stuff, why would you say that because.
Speaker 2: They don't want to go.
Speaker 3: To cancel.
Speaker 4: That's like the polite way of being like, I don't know any plans, but if there are plans, let's not do them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, but that's so rude. If you saw how detailed the itinerarian.
Speaker 1: Like that's maybe he's just really bad with secrets and he's like, oh, I know, I'll tell her that I don't want her to do anything and then she won't think that I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a lot of speculation. What are you feeling right now, Olivia?
Speaker 6: I mean, I put a ton of work into this. I thought Mexico would be great. We've talked about Mexico before.
Speaker 3: But like, if he.
Speaker 6: Can't even just be excited or appreciate that I put in that kind of work, I'm going to be pretty upset.
Speaker 2: So damn, what do you want to do right now?
Speaker 3: What advice are you looking to get from us for this phone?
Speaker 6: Okay? I need a clever way to figure out if he has seen the site itinerary or not.
Speaker 3: I have to know.
Speaker 6: And if he did see it and doesn't like it, how do I react to that? Because to me, that just doesn't even bode well for our relationship.
Speaker 1: I know a lad for me too, because if you like to travel and he doesn't, that's I don't know my parents have been married for like forty plus years, and one loves to travel and one is really not, so maybe sometimes it works out.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my parents are kind of the same. Yes, we're all over. The spectrum is either great or not great, or somewhere in the middle. What if he's worried about money, like he thinks, oh god, I have a whole big bill now, or something like Mexican.
Speaker 2: Trip the rest of your thirties. Distress about money.
Speaker 3: Dump him because he's poor.
Speaker 4: We support you when we come back and do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Is there anything worse than when a person knows a big surprise is coming so they.
Speaker 3: Fake it just to appease you.
Speaker 2: Oh, they fake the surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what happened yesterday when Brooke announced she was pregnant for the third time.
Speaker 2: I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 4: We all knew what was coming, and we just had to fake pretend that we were shocked, I know, pregnant. Jose even burst into tears just to make Brook feel better about it.
Speaker 6: For different reasons.
Speaker 1: I went to doctor Snip and stayed in the room when it happened for my husband.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, so doctor Snip is apparently the father. Just a really sad moment all around.
Speaker 3: That's what our.
Speaker 4: Listener, Olivia is trying to avoid because her living boyfriend has his thirtieth birthday coming up and she wanted to surprise him with a special trip to Mexico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 4: The problem is he might kind of already know because of a little computer mishap, and even worse, if he does know, he doesn't seem all that thrilled about it.
Speaker 1: In fact, he's basically telling her all I want to do is dinner, cancel everything else.
Speaker 4: Yes, So she wants to find out for sure does he know, does he not know?
Speaker 3: Does he even care? Brook? What's your advice for her?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna double down on the lie.
Speaker 1: Oh, things are gonna get a little messy here. But I think what you have to do is you have to say, Okay, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I'm helping my friend plan a trip for her boyfriend and it's a surprise.
Speaker 2: But she thinks he doesn't want to go. What should she do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, and then just let him answer it, and he'll tell you exactly what you need to know, all.
Speaker 4: Right, basically stealing the plot from Lindsay Lohan's parent trip a little double trouble action.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Olivia?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm worried it'll be a little suspicious just because his birthday is so soon, But I don't know. You know how guys are sometimes they're not really paying attention to everything, So maybe it'll work.
Speaker 4: Speaking of not paying attention, Jose, what's your advice?
Speaker 3: What advice for Olivia?
Speaker 4: My advice would be bring up that there could be a surprise at dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh, just tell him, then e.
Speaker 3: Gauge his reaction to that news.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, I see, don't be specific about the surprise, but you'll be able to tell if he already knows based on his reaction.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think about that, Olivia?
Speaker 4: Just toss up the idea of a surprise could be coming at dinner and see how he reacts to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that seems like a good idea because he's not generally a great liar as far as I know, so I feel like if he does know I'm going to be able to tell I mean, I hate surprises.
Speaker 1: Then you'll know, yeah, dumb them, not dumbham. But change the ticket to your best friend's names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have given you two pieces of great advice. You could choose to use as much or as little of it as you want to. But I'm going to dial your boyfriend right now and we'll find out what he knows.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, good luck down you right now?
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey, how's it go in? Hey? Oh? Sorry, I don't know your number didn't show it normostly weird k like bloock call or something.
Speaker 3: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I would do that. Sorry, we I'm glad you answered. Do you think you're gonna be able to swing by the store to pick up the chicken for dinner?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, I can do that. Well yeah this yeah yeah, yeah, that would be great.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't know, I know that's not like the most exciting, but I'm so work has been crazy. So yeah, that's all I have time for tonight.
Speaker 7: You okay, you sound a little nervous or maybe distracted or something. You want to call me back later?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm good. Honestly, I'm a little like excited but anxious for your birthday coming up.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, okay, well I think dinner.
Speaker 6: I think that dinner is going to be amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, it should be amazing. I mean, as long as I'm not cooking it.
Speaker 6: Obviously, I'm not going to make you cook your birthday dinner. But I think maybe there would be another little surprise at dinner too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you don't. You don't have to do anything big. You know, it's not that big a deal.
Speaker 6: But I want to do something special for you. I think it'll be I mean, if you're trying thirty, like this only happens once, and I just think a little extra surprise is in order for your birthday.
Speaker 7: Okay, don't tell me too much. I mean, it's this kind of defeats the purpose of it being a surprise, right.
Speaker 6: Well, I can't tell you what it is, but no, don't tell.
Speaker 7: Me that it is. You got to keep a secret, Okay.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't really feel like you seem that excited about dinner or the surprise at this point. So is that because you already know what it is?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: No? I mean I don't know. Maybe do I?
Speaker 6: Okay, so you saw my computer in the itinerary. I knew this. I knew this is what happened. So you already know that the day after dinner, I'm taking you to Mexico.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I did not know about that.
Speaker 6: Just said you knew?
Speaker 7: You knew? I said, maybe, I like, maybe maybe I didn't see your computer.
Speaker 6: Well, surprise, we're going to Mexico after your birthday.
Speaker 7: Well no, we're not.
Speaker 6: What do you mean we're not. I've literally booked the tickets, I've planned everything. It's like we're ready to go.
Speaker 7: No I can't go. I'm on the no fly list. Wait, hang on here? Who is who's on the phone?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: What did you going on? Hey?
Speaker 3: Joanah. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Olivia is a listener.
Speaker 2: We're not telling from the TSA. Do not worry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, no, no, no, no, it's okay. This is a segment we do. It's called the Awkward Tuesday phone Call. And Olivia reached out because she had this big surprise coming and she wasn't sure if you knew about it or not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sorry. Nobody cares about that right now? You're on the no twilist? Joe?
Speaker 2: How did you not know this?
Speaker 7: I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just didn't think it was important.
Speaker 2: Why are you so chill right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are we talking to a terrorist right now? How are you on the no fly list?
Speaker 7: I didn't know it was gonna be on the radio. I don't know if I really want to tell everybody?
Speaker 3: Is it embarrassing? I want to know more.
Speaker 2: I'm curious how you get on one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it's pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 6: You need to explain this right now, Like, how in the world does one.
Speaker 5: Get on the no flyless?
Speaker 7: This is insane.
Speaker 4: I'm not to put you on the spot, Jonah, but I feel like this information needs to be out there, at least for your girlfriend's sake, well and.
Speaker 2: For everybody else and they can avoid doing what you apparently did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you how did you get on the list?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we had all been drinking, right, and who's we My buddies and I, Frankie and Joe and oh yeah, a bachelor trip.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: How long ago was this bachelor trip?
Speaker 7: Maybe a year ago?
Speaker 4: So what happened on this bachelor trip that landed you on a national no fly list.
Speaker 7: You know, just the normal stuff. We've been drinking and things got weird on the planet before you know, we're doing stuff.
Speaker 4: On the beverage cart, stuff on a beverage card, or did in the beverage cart.
Speaker 7: On top and around it. I don't want to talk about it. I definitely regret it.
Speaker 2: Fly for.
Speaker 7: No. They just gave me time out for like a couple of years or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're so casual about it, dude.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it was really toss man.
Speaker 6: Okay, you can't fly for another year?
Speaker 7: Oh well, give or take. I think it's like two or three years.
Speaker 4: Yes, So, Olivia, this is obviously a lot of information coming your way.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling? Where's your head at?
Speaker 6: I don't even know what to think right now, Like, I put a ton of time into this, and it was supposed to be our first big trip together and celebrating a huge milestone for your birthday. So I'm not even.
Speaker 7: Like sure how to practice this yet. I mean, we could drive somewhere, we could go, we go to Canada.
Speaker 2: Why do I have a feeling that there's something on your record?
Speaker 1: That will not let you into Canada.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, baby. You know, listen, this happened over a year ago, and that we were just barely talking. You know, I'm a different.
Speaker 2: Guy now, he's immature, thirty year old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna I think I'm gonna choose to believe that that's true for now, because I, other than this, had no reason to think otherwise. So we'll figure something out.
Speaker 1: How refundable are any of these tickets that you bought.
Speaker 6: Or Yeah, I'm gonna have to find a friend to go with.
Speaker 7: I guess Oh, baby, you can't go without me. I mean it's my birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh if you're making demands for everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not missing out just because of whatever you did.
Speaker 1: Sounds like the new surprise is your girlfriend's going to be out of town for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so call Frankie and all the guys and let's get together for just a bullets trip.
Speaker 1: That is not a good idea, reok and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I will say that dude has a very very understanding girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know that she's fully processed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, telling her I mean still understanding.
Speaker 1: I mean it honestly means they don't get to fly anywhere for the next two to three years of their relationship.
Speaker 3: Anywhere, not even like a local.
Speaker 4: If you found out your significant other was on the no fly list and it's been hiding that from you for a year, that might make me question a lot about the relationship.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was hiding though? He just seemed like a dude who forgot to bring it up.
Speaker 3: I swear we've talked about this before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, it just didn't come up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I totally forgot a warrant, by the way, But she was just like, oh, that's a bummer, and quickly pivoted to going on the trip with her girlfriends.
Speaker 2: So that was a smart choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she should do that right now, just to cope. Go to Mexico with your girls, knock it out, relaxed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you talk it out with your girls, you're gonna end up single.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like they're just gonna celebrate his thirtieth separately, and it doesn't seem like this will be a giant bump in the room of their relationship whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I love when you're not a sarcastings.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm just.
Speaker 4: Going blind optimism here, and that's what I recommend to everybody who emails the show seeking our advice, and also to anybody who's listening to the podcast right now, stay optimistic.
Speaker 3: Hit that subscribe b