Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Nick.
Speaker 1: Shot, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it's a Thursday at high noon inside the SWBC podcast studio, and this is mickshots as we prepare to have football players on a football field. It's a beautiful day for football here at the start. Ask yep, there's a chill in the air. This is December football and the Cowboys of course taking on the Cincinnati Bengals. And for the first time this week we will actually dive into the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Of this show.
Speaker 3: We will, yes, we will. This show we're gonna finally die.
Speaker 2: We had been talking about no you talk about us.
Speaker 3: In fact, we've actually gotten some positive feedback. But anyway, we're gonna have to get down to business. But to kick things off, we'll get to the breaking news of the moment, which was revealed by Mike McCarthy and his press conference within the last hour, and that is at Offensive Guard the future Hall of Famers Zach Martin is done for the season. He will have a season ending ankle surgery.
Speaker 4: Which has been bothering him for the majority of this season that he's tried to play through. Uh, finally these last two games.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they had to.
Speaker 4: Tie him down or whatever, but it's like, Okay, we need to get a break here. Miss these two games and let's see where it goes. And he tipped it yesterday and I think most people missed it. He said something about that when he was asked if Martin would be back, uh in practice, and he said something to the effect, well, we're talking about some things and we're getting a test done.
Speaker 5: And I heard tests done and I was like, oh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: And sure enough, it's time to have the surgery on his right ankle. So it's season ending, you know. And he was already before the season ever began, kind of throwing out, you know, some signals that this could be the last year of his career. It's the last year on his contract, by the way, not to be cold about this.
Speaker 2: Uh So that was going to be my question, Mike, to be just for the season entire.
Speaker 4: And Mike Mike pointed out that he expected uh aren't to be in the locker room today to do his usual weekly interview, so he said he can talk about things like that. He said, I'm sure that question's gonna come up, and it's kind of hard. You know, I don't know that you get an injury, does it like okay, I give or by god, I'm not going out like this.
Speaker 5: So there's two different ways it can go.
Speaker 4: But anyway, you know, back or not next year, because of the restructures they did on his base salaries, he's going to count seventeen million dollars against the cat.
Speaker 5: So I know that sounds.
Speaker 4: Cold, but that's the reality of, you know, trying to keep as many guys on the roster as you can and.
Speaker 5: Push that money down the road. So we'll see what he has to say. I think the locker room opens around one.
Speaker 4: Fifty maybe something like that today, so.
Speaker 5: We'll see what he has to say.
Speaker 4: So in the meantime, I am assuming brock Hoffman continues to be the starting right guard.
Speaker 5: And on the walk off, I was running out.
Speaker 4: Of time because I needed to go down and do my fan report, and no one had asked about the status of Giton because he did not participate in the walkthrough yesterday, and so I was like, I gotta go, I gotta go.
Speaker 5: Somebody's got to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mike, what about geiton status for practice today?
Speaker 5: He'll be with the rehab group.
Speaker 4: So now you're looking at your right guard, Pro Bowl future Hall of Famer out, and your first round draft choice left tackle is probably gonna at this point questionable at best, which means it Doga continues to have to step in with Austin Richards already out on injured reserve, and then that means Matt, well, let's go's your backup swing tackle if Geiton can't go. So just when you think you got something going winning two games in a row, and then the injury bug continues to spread, not.
Speaker 2: Just on the offensive side but defensively.
Speaker 4: Diggs was at least able to be out there, and it was like a walkthrough practice in helmets. It occurred after we did our show. So he's missed the last two games, but he was running around. I saw the stuff that we're doing, so that looked better. But they figured he'd be limited today and then CD did not participate, nor did Cooks yesterday in the walkthrough, and Cooks is going to be with the rehab group and CD's going to be limited.
Speaker 2: So with Cooks, the same problem with the need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think after playing they probably going you know, and it had been well usually, so today's practice is going to be like the normal Wednesday practice where they rested veterans to.
Speaker 5: Make sure they didn't overdo it.
Speaker 4: So I think from that standpoint, tomorrow will be the padded practice, which will be more telling maybe going forward who can go and who can't.
Speaker 2: But when you look at it, I mean they played Thursday, Yes, so they've had a lot more time.
Speaker 5: Yes, to rehab and keep resting.
Speaker 4: Yes, whatever bothers you, I think the Cooks things is probably being very cautious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then Lamb, I'm sure the shoulder. They need to rest it as long as they can before he tries to go out.
Speaker 2: So no, no growing shoulder. Then no, no, no Lamb's shoulder I'm talking. No, his.
Speaker 5: Was a growing calf.
Speaker 2: Something was growing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I'm glad you could say growing, because the last guy did this show with brought.
Speaker 5: Us could not say growing. He would say going Darling, it's Groy.
Speaker 4: Growing, should not say Groy.
Speaker 2: It must be he must have a thing. I don't know. I don't know, he's growing.
Speaker 4: Every time there was one, I'd say, so, Brian, what's the injury? So uh so that kind of gives you. I don't know if that's Debbie Downer update, but that's where.
Speaker 2: They that's where we are, that's where it is.
Speaker 5: And that's where they've been all season.
Speaker 2: Right, So what's different? Yeah, we we were hoping that after Thanksgiving, you know, I have this ten days that everyone would be showing up. But we lost two guys.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like the last I gave you, the guys that came back and the guys that were still out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: On Zach Martin, he turned thirty four on November twentieth.
Speaker 5: I thought he was thirty five.
Speaker 3: Thirty four, thirty four November twentieth, you know, I think it may have been the Detroit game earlier in the season. He whiffed on a guy and they showed the replay of it, and I remember saying at the time that he's got he's dealing with something, right. You know, you don't when you're a nine time pro bowler, that doesn't happen unless you're dealing with an injury. Usually when performance goes down. There's an injury reason for that. With a with a player of that.
Speaker 2: It has to go all the way down, because if you're good enough, then mentally you can stave off you know, some of the plays like that. Yep, but if you're mentally mentally strong. But you know, I think he was at his last I said, it's WIT's end.
Speaker 3: That that was our first clue that it's going to be doubtful that this guy's gonna be able to make it through the entire season if he's well.
Speaker 5: Think about it. It's your right ankle.
Speaker 4: So and and you're your right guard, So what's your first move in past blocking? Probably your right foot's got to go down in the ground and you know, and you're pushing off.
Speaker 3: Can't wait for Natan Frisco to chime in.
Speaker 4: That's right, yes, And it was pointed out that there were times where you can see that right foot was coming up off the ground because he couldn't put enough pressure on it, and uh, yeah, that's that's just that's a shame that that that one hurts.
Speaker 3: And Zach Martin is the Cowboys nominee for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award. Correct, every every team has a nominee, and Zach Martin is the teams this year.
Speaker 4: And he's been pretty involved. And heck if he's you know, I know, it's kind of a community type thing man of the Year, but he's also the man of the year in that locker room too. And and I think Mike McCarthy said it best. He goes the offensive line room is an illustration of his leadership because they feel like that's a really good room.
Speaker 5: How they've brought along young guys and it's.
Speaker 4: Him, right, think about it, when they run out for the game. Now, with Tyron Smith not here, the first guy coming out through the line is Sack Martin. The first guy that comes out usually when they do anything as an offensive line, it's Zack Martin. Now, I guess the metal goes to Terrence Steele is going to be the most experienced guy out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would be.
Speaker 2: Yep. How many years are we talking.
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 3: Maybe this five? I think it's fi year. Yeah, and by Tyler Smith right. And by the way, speaking of Tyron Smith, he just got put on injury reserved by the New York Jets too. So here's the interesting thing when you look at Tyron Smith and Zach Martin. Tyron came in as a first round draft pick in twenty eleven. Zach Martin came in as a first round draft pick in twenty fourteen. Right now, as we speak, right now, they are both thirty four years old, even though there's a three year difference of when they came into the league. Tyron turns thirty five December twelfth, so he is actually is basically eleven months older than Zach Martin. But there's a three year difference in when they came into the league because Tyron came in and ye, Tyron came in the league at the age of twenty in this, I take that back, I take that back. Oh you're going to correct me. You're looking Uh, Tyron will turn thirty four. Zach is actually older than Tyrant. Yes, even misreaded. Zach came out after yes, three years by three years.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tyron will turn thirty four on December twelve.
Speaker 2: He was when he was young, exactly right.
Speaker 3: Speaking of so twenty twenty eleven draft Tyron Smith December birthday in he was twenty years He didn't turn twenty one until December of his rookie season. What's the day, December.
Speaker 5: Twelfth, December twelfth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, well uh and so it was tyron third year. He was in college for three years, and he was young when he went to USC.
Speaker 2: He must have been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he went at seventeen maybe.
Speaker 3: And then Zach was a five year guy in Notre Dame. And you see that's what happened. Happened, Yes, plus played four years as like me and me and Eugene Lockhart.
Speaker 2: I used to tease him because he came by in eighty four and we're damn a the same age one like man, how many years you stay in school? It wasn't college, a high school, thirteen years of high school.
Speaker 3: So it'll be interesting. And now both you know, Tyrant obviously has been battling injury issues for several years now, and now both have decisions to make about the future.
Speaker 2: Yep. I would imagine if the Jets were still in it and doing well, and if Aaron Rodgers you know, predictions would have come true, then probably timing, would we still be playing. I don't think he would have gone if he had anything to say about it. On the edge of reserve.
Speaker 3: List, let me check on his injury issue. This year.
Speaker 4: He still had that elbow braced up. It looks like the guy on the Fox pre game he comes out with all that armor on.
Speaker 5: That's what he looked like.
Speaker 3: Okay, this latest injury for tiring.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He last played on November tenth, when he injured his neck in a blowout loss to the Cardinals.
Speaker 4: So well, at this point, you ain't messing around with a neck injury, are you?
Speaker 3: At any point you're not messing aroun?
Speaker 4: Well, I know, but especially after you know you've played this long.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 5: So get a rookie at center. Second year.
Speaker 4: Basically came into the league as a free agent.
Speaker 5: Right guard in Brock Kauffman and Brock Kaufman.
Speaker 3: And then you he was twenty four. Uh, he's twenty five years old, all.
Speaker 4: Right, and then you're not sure what's happening at the left tackle midweek as.
Speaker 3: It stands right now, you had have to assume idoga if Tyler, well, of course it's still early on. Yes, yes, this is like like a Wednesday, because that's a Monday night game.
Speaker 4: I don't want anybody to remind me what I said about if they had to start a doga because you'll be in here on your own Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We can't lose you, Mike. We got to change the name of the show, and it takes a lot.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it'll be no shots.
Speaker 2: We got graphics and everything. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: So you've got Terrence Steele at right tackle, who did come into the league in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is as a college free agent fifth year.
Speaker 3: You have at right guard, brock Hoffman.
Speaker 5: Came into the league.
Speaker 3: Came into the league as a college free agent in twenty twenty two, two years ago. And at center, you've got the rookie third round draft pick Cooper bb And at left guard you've got your first round pick from twenty twenty to Tyler Smith. And we'll see where Tyler is your first round pick this year at left tackle.
Speaker 4: And oh, by the way, you're starting cornerback hasn't played the last two games.
Speaker 3: Trayvon Diggs. Travon Diggs. There is hope that for the first time ever, if Diggs can play this week, that Diggs, Bland and Lewis could be your cornerback trio on Monday night.
Speaker 4: So maybe before we take a deeper dive into Cincinnati, their strengths are basically where the Cowboys' two weaknesses we've just been talking about.
Speaker 2: So that strength is defensive line.
Speaker 5: Some guy named Hendrickson.
Speaker 3: As adge rusher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that, that guy.
Speaker 4: And I think I didn't look it up, but I'll take the word. Somebody mentioned he's leading the league and.
Speaker 3: Exactly eleven and a half sacks, and I guess how many he had last year?
Speaker 5: Eleven and a half.
Speaker 3: Nope, we had seventeen and a half last year.
Speaker 5: He's on his way over the lote.
Speaker 3: Trey Hendrickson, where's number ninety one for yours? Cincinnati Bengals the last four years fifty one sacks, so it's not like a one year he wonder.
Speaker 4: And then on the other side of the ball, the quarterback leads the league in yards passing, completions, attempts, and touchdowns with thirty and you would certainly hope Diggs could play.
Speaker 3: And they've got a wide receiver who leads the league in receiving yards and touchdowns with thirteen and Jamar.
Speaker 2: Chase and frustration, so he's coming here pissed off every week. He's pissed off. That's probably why they won't pay it keep him playing pissed off.
Speaker 4: His So we're going to talk about the cowboys chances of beating the four and eight Bengals. That Vegas doesn't think they have a chance when we're next.
Speaker 3: Here, so they don't think the Cowboys have a chance.
Speaker 4: I saw that they were five and a half points underdogs.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to discuss.
Speaker 2: So surprised about that?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 2: Come on, we have one home win. Why are you so surprised about that?
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that next.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati has those numbers that you just called out.
Speaker 3: And a four and eight record, and they they're the second team in history, along with the two thousand and two Kansas City Chiefs, to have four losses this season in which they've scored over thirty points.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got a good one for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's how good this offense is. Let's look at that. I love your optimism, man, I love.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at way you approach it. They got a worse record than this team.
Speaker 5: An I'm gonna give you some clarity on that four and eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thank you, that's what I like.
Speaker 2: Clarity. Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slike for the first down, invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 3: Grow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium. For some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to pre serve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demic shuts.
Speaker 2: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza poled by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for a spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, Rowdy, Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearances from your favorite Cowboys heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit one word Thestardistrict dot com and don't miss out on holiday magic. Wow, that was a lot done.
Speaker 4: So if I go to a game Friday night, can I walk down the middle aisle.
Speaker 3: There with the heroes?
Speaker 2: You can light at yourselfs bags, light the tree?
Speaker 3: What game Friday night?
Speaker 5: Reedy and Highland Park.
Speaker 3: That's right, the Highland Park. No, it's not ready. That was last week.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. It's a lone star star. Yeah, ready was last week?
Speaker 3: Ye and lone star. By the way, for those of you unaware about the players that have come out of a lone star high school here in Prisco, Texas, yes, uh, there's a number of them playing prominent roles in the NFL. One of them you saw on Monday night catch a touchdown pass for the Denver Broncos Marvin Mimes. There's a middle linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs named Nick Bolton, who's out of the Missouri that's right. But more significantly right now going forward in the next week is a guy by the name of Ashton jin not only for the next week, but we'll probably be talking about him for the next several months. Here Ashton Genty, the Boise State running back at a lone star high school in Frisco, who has over two thousand yards rushing. He will be at the Heisman Trophy ceremony, not official yet, that'll be announced I think on Monday, and Heisman Trophy candidate and first round draft pick candidate Ashton Genty of Boise State.
Speaker 2: So we're looking at how many yards are we looking at for Ashton Genty? For Ashton Genty, well, I'm going to have to look that up for you. And will his next game a bowl game or a playoff game?
Speaker 3: Well, he's got potentially several games in his future now, depending on what happens in their conference championship game this week. I think it's they play the Mountain West Conference championship game against UNLV. What's the date today? Tomorrow night they play for Friday Night fight Friday Night game on Fox Astion genty will be in action. His career stats you asked or his status this year, he has two thousand, two hundred and eighty eight yards rushing on three hundred and twelve carries, twenty eight touchdowns. It's seven point three yards of carry.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Seven point three yards of carry.
Speaker 2: So when we're talking, I mean, I know this is crazy numbers. We're talking here. What what what is the record well rushing in one year? Well is that?
Speaker 5: Well the career record Ricky Williams.
Speaker 2: How much did the run for him?
Speaker 3: That's a career career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the season just see that's.
Speaker 3: Why I'm looking up Barry Sanders right now.
Speaker 4: And I believe it is Barry Sanders.
Speaker 3: And in fact, but there is a discrepancy on what gets reported on Barry Sanders' numbers that season. I'm looking it.
Speaker 2: Up right because of number of games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he played in a bowl game or an end of the Sea. Wasn't a bowl game. It was an end of season game. They played Texas Tech in Japan, and for some reason that did not get included on his stats in some places. So for whatever reason, yeah, it was like a December game and for some reason it didn't let me look up what extra one?
Speaker 4: And remember, so he's got playing eleven regular season games.
Speaker 2: That's what I was looking at. Yeah, and that's why I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Know two thousand, six hundred and twenty eight all right, and according to what I'm reading right here, I got to look that up to confirm that. Let's just say it includes it right now. It may be more than this. Actually, Sad said thirty four NCAA Division one FBS records in college career still holds the following records most rushing yards in a season two thousand and six hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight, and that would be eleven games.
Speaker 5: Did they count the bowl game?
Speaker 3: And that's why I've got to figure out here.
Speaker 2: Let me go back.
Speaker 4: Sometimes back then they didn't count the bowl game because not everybody gets to play a twelve.
Speaker 3: Cevon and that's that may be the discrepancy.
Speaker 5: And now Pat Jones, his old.
Speaker 3: College coach, Pat Jones, he is on top of it. And I've heard him talk about this before that he doesn't get credit for that that game against Texas Tech. Well, for some reason, the WiFi is not active, okay, correctly here anyway, we know the track all right, So where were you going this segment? I can't remember.
Speaker 4: We were talking about scoring a lot of winning.
Speaker 5: So how about this not counting?
Speaker 4: Since an the other thirty one teams so far this year that have scored thirty three points or more in a game this year, they are fifty three to one. The Cincinnati Bengals are two and four scoring thirty three points or more.
Speaker 5: So think about that.
Speaker 4: Even the Cowboys are two and zero scoring thirty three points or more. So that tells you that while Joe Burrow is playing at an extremely high level, they're giving up so many points.
Speaker 5: It's like they they got a four and eight record. How do you have a four and eight record? They have six losses.
Speaker 4: When scoring at least twenty five points. Six of their eight losses, and of the eight losses, seven are one possession games, so no more than eight points or less they've they've lost by it.
Speaker 2: So if you look at this game coming up, and if you want to predict something, you would say that we cannot score enough points?
Speaker 5: Right exactly?
Speaker 2: Can we need to whatever we have in our offensive bag, we need to bring it out for this game.
Speaker 4: Someone jokingly said to me, well, if they're going to beat this deed, they better score fifty and they have three losses, by the way, by a grand total of five points. So they've been right there. They just haven't closed on these games. They just haven't won. You know, Bill was talking about Jamara Chase leading the league with thirteen touchdowns.
Speaker 5: He's got seventy nine.
Speaker 4: Catches, so he and Ceedee Lamb are tied for second and forty two yards already with five games to go, fourteen point five yard average and thirteen touchdowns. That that's a season. Yeah, right, so yeah, they you know, they averaged twenty eight points a game. Cowboys average twenty point six points a game.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they've got to.
Speaker 4: Score and score big to be able to win offset what their defense isn't doing.
Speaker 2: So let's look at it from another standpoint. What can we do defensively to at least, you know, derail them for one drive two drives that might make the difference in the game, which seems to be what's been happening in the previous games for Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: You got to get to Burrow, you got to get to them. Now he's been sacked thirty times, which interceptions. How about this for a weird one. The Cowboys quarterbacks have been sacked thirty times. He has completed three hundred and two passes. The Cowboys quarterbacks have completed three hundred and two passes.
Speaker 2: But obviously his has been for more.
Speaker 4: More, more yards, significantly more yards. But again, their offense has been awfully, awfully good. But you've got to control Burrow because obviously, how is he looking on turnovers?
Speaker 5: He's got five interceptions.
Speaker 4: That's not bad at all with what's he's attempted today.
Speaker 5: I wrote that down.
Speaker 2: I think with him, you have to go for the strip sacks. As you know. Of course interceptions would be nice, but strip sacks would be really important in this game because he gets sacked a lot.
Speaker 4: He's he's attempted four hundred and forty six passes, most.
Speaker 2: In the league, and only five interceptions.
Speaker 5: And only five interceptions.
Speaker 2: You've gotta you've got to go for the strip sack. You gotta make him, got to get to him. You got to get to him and make them cough it up. Now. I also.
Speaker 4: Had just noticed, and I believe it was in the Cowboys release, that in the past four weeks since Parsons is returned, the Cowboys have sixteen sacks so they are tied with Denver for the most sacks in this four week, last four week period, and that's what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Sixteen sacks in four weeks.
Speaker 2: And that's where the strip sacks have to come in. Right.
Speaker 3: You know what that number would be if you extrapolated that over a seventeen game season, how many sacks that would be.
Speaker 5: You got to multiply by four.
Speaker 3: Seventeen times four is what nicky quick?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, if you got sixteen in four weeks, then you multiply that by four what four more.
Speaker 3: Right, seventeen weeks in a season? Yeah, four per week, and so that would be sixty eight sacks. That's the rate that they're on here the last four right games.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's what gives me optimism, Right.
Speaker 5: They can continue sacking.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right? Then, it was it's so good to see Michael Passon's back because it just seems like, ah, now I recognize this defense. You know, that's one of those things that, yeah, we still have our flaws, but I would that's why we drafted the guy. I mean, that's why we have such optimism about not just him, but when he's on the field with this defense, we kind of started believing in him again. You know, just give me on secondary back. Put Michael Pauses in there, you know, just play solid the rest of you guys. We got a pretty good damn defense, you know.
Speaker 3: And how they're using over shown to get to the quarterback. Yeah, Overshow's got five sacks himself.
Speaker 4: It's the combination of those two guys.
Speaker 3: It's like usually a couple of weapons there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to know what their single season record for sacks is for the Cowboys nineteen eighty five? How many think you think you had because you had a whole lot of interceptions too, right?
Speaker 3: Forty no, fifty five sacks?
Speaker 5: What are you saying sacks?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, sixty two.
Speaker 3: I mean this team's got thirty four sacks right now in twelve games.
Speaker 4: So interceptions single season just happened to be eighty one thirty seven, second eighty five thirty three.
Speaker 3: So you guys, how many in two years ago or whatever was two years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah? When when Diggs got the they were a bunch.
Speaker 3: While you're looking that up, how many times has Joe Burrow played here? One played the Cowboys here two years ago and the Cowboys won that game? How many times did the Cowboys sack him in that game is the second game of the year, six six and it was a by the way, a quarterback matchup of Joe Burrow versus Cooper Rush because it was the week after Dak got hurt. It was so it was Rush's first start after Dak's injury, second game of the season, and it was a twenty to seventeen Cowboys win. And Hendricks was in that game, right, Oh yeah, walk off field goal Brett Maher a fifty yard walk off field goal. This is called foreshadowing for my pick tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So what did what year? Did you want to know? Sacks?
Speaker 3: Oh, twenty interceptions, interceptions.
Speaker 4: The interceptions in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, whatever year it was, Yeah, twenty twenty two or twenty one whatever, ye.
Speaker 2: When Digs got eleven.
Speaker 4: So defense interceptions.
Speaker 3: Really like led the league.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty one they had twenty six in or so okay, twenty twenty two they had sixteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, so twenty six. It was the twenty twenty one season I'm thinking of.
Speaker 5: And then in so there.
Speaker 3: It was takeaways they were up in the thirties, right right.
Speaker 2: Sacks and that would be strip sacks fifty.
Speaker 5: Four sacks in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, okay, and then he that's a good amount of sacks. Yeah, that's a good amount of sex.
Speaker 5: That is Yeah, what year were you asking then?
Speaker 3: Twenty one or twenty two? Where do sacks go?
Speaker 5: This is hard.
Speaker 3: They gotta do this better.
Speaker 5: Forty one sacks.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty one, okay, fifty four and twenty twenty two, and last year forty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty two.
Speaker 3: Have you had enough numbers this segment? Yes, I'm going to give you one more. Barry Sanders Okay. I don't understand. Why do they have his record for a single season at two thousand and six hundred and twenty eight when it's not that it's two thousand, eight hundred and fifty. They don't include this bowl game win over Wyoming in the Holiday Bowl, which was December thirtieth of the nineteen eighty eight season. He said that back then they didn't include bowl games in the records. Well, why well, let's update it. What are we doing?
Speaker 5: They have they do now?
Speaker 3: So yeah, so let's go back in nineteen ten day add that one because it's the most important in the history of college football. The guys set the record for most rushing yards in a season. And if you look at his Wikipedia page, you look at any other page where you got stats, it's not says two thousand and six when it should be two eight hundred and fifty is the record, especially when you consider the fact this Boise State team they could be potentially playing not only in the conference championship game, but they're going to get a first round if they win that game, they'll get a first round by in the playoffs, and they could play three more games if they if things worked out for so, are we going to include those in Genti's stats?
Speaker 2: Did they include the the.
Speaker 3: Texas Tech game?
Speaker 2: What they did? They did?
Speaker 3: And in that Texas Tech game in Tokyo, he had three hundred and thirty two yards in the was it Holiday both in air or something? In the Holiday Bowl? In the Holiday Bowl, Barry Sanders his last year in Heisman year at Oklahoma State, had two hundred and twenty two yards and five touchdowns. He also threw a pass in that game. But so to give him twenty eight to fifty that season, get this, he had three hundred four yards rushing in one game. He had three twenty three, twelve and three thirty two, he had four games in which he ran for over three hundred yards.
Speaker 2: So overall, we're talking how many games for the twenty eight hundred and fifty yards?
Speaker 3: They one, two, three, four, then another record up here, one two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve twelve game season games, twelve games, twenty eight fifty and genty's already played twelve games. Yeah, and he's at whatever he was twenty two, yeah, twenty two hundred.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: So how unbelievable is very saying.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. If that's all I want to get to, that how unbelievable.
Speaker 4: They keep if they keep winning, like go to the championship game, they'll end up playing what fifteen games?
Speaker 2: They could? Right? Yep?
Speaker 3: He can break the record then, well they could, they could play sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just not fair though, you know, when you want to talk about numbers and matchups and history versus now, you know it's not fair to Tory.
Speaker 5: But they might get a bye.
Speaker 2: Well that I'm.
Speaker 3: Including the buy in there. Oh you did? Yeah?
Speaker 5: If they get the fourth seed.
Speaker 3: Right, so all right, that does it for a numbers intensive segment and more mix shots at the moment.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Ruscott keeps it slides for the first.
Speaker 6: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw my goodness, Wow did he ever thread the datle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 9: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 3: A kickoff?
Speaker 9: Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker. Miller Lte and the Cool America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: De vict Shuts.
Speaker 2: Capture a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star Presented by Monument Realty. Santa will be spreading holiday cheer at his Cowboys themed cop It's in the Star District from November twenty two through December twenty twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to once again one word the Star District dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 3: All right, Mickey, you got a lot of stuff on your legal pad. This is Mickey's legal peg segment. Anything else come out of that press conference?
Speaker 5: What else came out press conference?
Speaker 3: Here? We had a press conference after our show yesterday too, so you're dealing up working off of two press conferences.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hendrickson. They asked Mike McCarthy what made him so good, and he said he's got a great motor and he's a technician technically sound.
Speaker 5: What said he has it. He's having a great year CDs.
Speaker 4: He was asked about see these drops, you know, and it's like, well, maybe the shoulder on a Warner. So the other ones were concentration trying to run with before we caught it.
Speaker 3: The one, the glaring one, yes, the wide open where he could have ran for and which just threw the whole back half of the second quarter when they didn't get the first down when they went for it with Lipke running.
Speaker 4: He also said that they've done a better better job of when they have to go against these great pass rushers, that they have a better variation of helping out our tackles because previously they just lead the guy out there, no matter who it was.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So, I noticed in the game on Thanksgiving, when a doga started struggling out there, it was like, Okay, the tight ends over there.
Speaker 3: Mickey is just hanging on every step I keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, you're just looking out for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just trying to help him. I'm getting that tight end over there. And the tight end got over there, and you know, it kind of.
Speaker 3: Helps out. So Jake Ferguson is out a concussion protocol. He is, That's the other one I was, and he is on the practice field right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, schoolmakers like, hey, bro, I'm enjoying myself.
Speaker 5: Well, that was the question.
Speaker 2: It was, I'm enjoying myself out here. Just go ahead and rest. I will. We'll be good out here with just me.
Speaker 5: I think it was. I can't remember if it wasn't.
Speaker 4: David Moore's first question, but he asked Mike Well with Jake ferguson coming back and knowing what you've got with scoon Maker, does that make your two tight end attack or formation even more you know, valuable?
Speaker 5: Can you do more? And he goes, can I have to come and watch the game?
Speaker 2: That means yes, that means don't ask any more questions about this because we have some packages for you. Right, I like that, So what do you what do you think we? Uh, you know, Schoolmakers reputation wasn't very solid.
Speaker 4: Well, it just to he had a he didn't have a spectacular rookie year and had.
Speaker 3: A couple of moments earlier this season that worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's I'm just concentrating on this season. How you know he's he was starting off a bit of a disappointment and all of a sudden, the last three games, well, I think I targeted a.
Speaker 4: Lot opportunities knock right go, And he answered, because if say you get I don't know how many, Well I can tell you how many snaps he had in the game. I think, oh no, I didn't bring my play by play, but he probably hitch game.
Speaker 2: Do you want last three even?
Speaker 3: Well, he's talking fifty snaps against the Giants, forty three against Washington and Houston was forty four. Ferguson got knocked out the seventh play of the Houston game.
Speaker 4: Okay, so previously in his snaps per game nineteen twenty eight, twenty five, nineteen twenty twenty one, two one, eleven before the forty four. So if say you get eleven snaps and you screw up on two, well they everybody looks at it, right, But if he screwed up on two snaps out of.
Speaker 5: Forty four, it's like, oh, maybe you had a good game.
Speaker 3: Well, and maybe it'd fallen into such disfavor that the two games prior to Ferguson getting hurt were the two games where he was almost inactive on offense with two snaps against San Francisco. And uh, well, I had eleven snaps against Philadelphia, one snap against San Francisco and he said two snaps in another one. Yeah, so well, yeah, because Brevin span Ford was playing.
Speaker 4: Well and they were using the second they were using that second tight end blocking more than anything else.
Speaker 3: And how big is Brevin span Ford beat seven inches tall, not six six or six ' five.
Speaker 2: He's six that's almost like two tall, being six ' nine. That one inch. You know, it makes a big difference. You don't really find many people that crossed over into that category.
Speaker 3: And a big thing over tight ends and being able to block is that reach and being able to set the edge basically offensively as a blocker, be able to those reach blocks. And he's got thirty three inch arms to go along with that.
Speaker 2: I gotta say both guys have really stepped up since Ferguson went down. Yeah, I think it has a lot to do with our success offensively and how we've been able to move the ball. It's helped us on a couple helped us on a couple of drives. They extended the they moved the chains for us and put us in some good positions to score some touchdown that right now.
Speaker 3: The one thing on Ferguson is as he has played with an athleticism that put him at a.
Speaker 2: Prop It made him, it made him unique. Yeah, but these guys are still very solid, solid.
Speaker 3: But you're not gonna get But if.
Speaker 2: You just more than one you catch, you catch me defensive back like myself, trying to come up on somebody like Ford after he's already got to the steam up. That's that's going to be a force to be reckoned.
Speaker 5: With business decisions exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you pointed out that every inch counts.
Speaker 2: On that note.
Speaker 3: That about does it for this edition of Mixed Shots. Uh have anything else to add? I think?
Speaker 2: I'm it was very clever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, especially from a short person.
Speaker 3: Right. So on that note, we will pass it on to the next show and we will see you again in on Yeah, on a fight song Friday.
Speaker 2: Here Mix Shots Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboy