Speaker 1: R and BE Money.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: Take about.
Speaker 2: We are the authority on ladies and gentleman.
Speaker 3: My name is Tank Valentine and this is the R and B Money Podcast, the authority speaking. Oh no thing for a week out it already be Yeah, I second boy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm talking in the building him legendary, iconic.
Speaker 2: And still.
Speaker 1: Still you see what I got on you? And oh no, you see what?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You see what type of time I'm on. I don't need your clothes, yeah, God, come old close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't need your liquors.
Speaker 1: I own everything I got on.
Speaker 2: I got my own liquor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't need your cologe.
Speaker 3: I got my own cologe. I don't need your weed, got my own mother fucking weed. Yes, sir, I don't need your label. I got my own mother fucking label. I don't need your studio. I don't need your cameras.
Speaker 5: I got my own compound.
Speaker 2: Ship and still steal. Uh see this ship in the building.
Speaker 5: You don't fo himself, he's still cough.
Speaker 2: I ship no matter done? Yeah, R B Money, what it, dude? Man?
Speaker 5: I don't I don't think you understand.
Speaker 2: I don't think you understand I'm such a fan of this show. I wanted to be on this show. Like it's a lot of people that have been calling me for podcasts and want me to do that ship. I'm like, I ain't got time out lie and make excuses and ship, but this one I wanted to be here. I drove here personally to come give you all, y'all flowers and let y'all know y'all doing an amazing job. I love the outlet. I love how y'all treat the artists that come on here. I love how y'all speak to the realization of R and B music and R and B money. It all makes sense, sir is.
Speaker 3: We are brothers and family and friends and loved ones. I am never used to the fact that you're sitting right there. Went to a concert one day, jay Z concert, Me and my guy little Steve, and that's my attitude. And we're sitting in the audience watching jay Z bring out his friends M and ther bus door opens up and a barrage of smoke comes out, and all.
Speaker 5: Year is doom, doom, doom, doom.
Speaker 2: I screamed, We screamed like Jesus had came back. That entire arena.
Speaker 5: It lost their minds.
Speaker 3: I remember it like it was yesterday, and I was like, that's Snoop, motherfucking dog, nigga.
Speaker 2: Do you feel that that was beautiful? Jayson did that. That was a fucking great idea that he had to take that tour bus on the roll every stop bringing his friends up for being creative and innovative.
Speaker 3: No, listen, jameson creative and innovative. But today today is Snoop pop your ship. You are who you are a day, this is this is this is that day. You You're a You're a very humble, you're a very giving, a very accommodating human being.
Speaker 2: You do that.
Speaker 3: I've watched you do it over the years. I've watched you do it for me. Yeah, we've experienced it. We've experienced it. Today it's flowers Day. That's not that that's right, and what you're doing in the R and B space, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about it.
Speaker 5: Come on, man.
Speaker 2: That's my first love, though, Tank, that's my first love. My mother raised me on R and B music. I was a seventies baby that could come in the living room and dance with her and her friends when all the other kids would have to be in the back Snoopy, come on out of here, do that day as you do, be dancing it from that dance. I'm sitting down with her friends, sitting on her lap, and they just playing music. Teddy Pendergrass, Isley Brothers, Curtis Mayfield, just everything that's good that you're mad. The stylistics, anything with with with tone and harmony and instrumentation. They plan it. Not only are they planning, but they singing it. Like everybody in the living room singing this shit. So it's like naturally, as a kid, your brain moves faster, so you can learn the song faster than an adult. I learned all of these songs, and I would be singing this ship. My mama would always bring me in the living room to either dance or sing than in church. I hated this ship. It used to make me lead songs, but it grown me to who I am now. I had to sing leads. Nigga Me and Ricky Harris sa. Yes, his father was the preacher, so nigga, you know you can't run from it if your daddy didn't. And then he point me out he could sing too, like fuck brother Snooper, get up here and singing.
Speaker 3: Hold up let's stalt back too, because you said, mom said, snoopy.
Speaker 2: Come on in here. It went for me and mama party. And since she was a baby baby, Yeah, me and Mama used to party right in the seventies. Then she found the Lord. When she found the Lord, you have to find them. We in church Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and sunny. Because she found the Lord. Everybody in the house, you gonna find him. I found the Lord. I'm delivered.
Speaker 5: I got it, no way.
Speaker 2: Yes. My mother raised me in the church, and dad's mother taught me how to sing. She worked with me with the piano, and and and and just she seen something in me. You know what I'm saying. It's like church, you see all of the talent, you see what it is. That's the first place you see the talent. My auntie is seen it in me, and she made my grandmother pay for me to go get piano lessons. So that was my first love, was piano singing. And I was like, I ain't no singer. I don't like that pressure of singing. It was just I was stressed. It was pressure. It's his notes and its harmonies, and it's like that's too much. Then when rap came out. I'm like, that's what I like because it's a little bit of singing but a lot of rapping. And then I could take the singing in the church things that I learned and instilling in here. Then I meet Nate Dogg and Nate Dogg doing the same thing I'm doing, taking church songs but flipping them in the hood song. If you listen to Nate, all his songs are church songs. A deacon.
Speaker 3: Yes, Nate sings like every yes, every man in the in the men's Choir, Men's Choir Anniversary, that's how he sings.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: And I'm listening to Nate Dogg like this nigga.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Uncle Norman. Yes, this is going crazy, my environmental tank. This is what we raised with. So when we was creating our sound, the church is everything. That's why we used to always say church because we take God everywhere we go, especially in our music. Leave behind you take God in the war. He's gonna help you out. Why are you gonna call him after the fact when you could take him in there with you? Oh God, I'll never do it again. How about Oh God, I'm going to go do something. I need you to ride with me on this one. Absolutely, let's get that call in early. Absolutely, because he's there, He's always there.
Speaker 3: Had you sang on any any of your records, any of your demos once you started finding rap? Did you expose that part yet?
Speaker 1: Before?
Speaker 5: What Sexual seduction?
Speaker 2: Which completely called me way off? God shout out red for right, I can go R and B that's I just don't want to get in y'all lang. I'm gonna leave y'all alone. You know what I'm saying. Y'all got too many damn kings. Y'all got it's R and B k every every week in this I'm can't. God damn it, I'm the general. Thank you, I stay out of that. Thank you.
Speaker 3: But cutting cutting from you singing an acchoir, cutting to sexual seduction. Now it makes sense because I was like, why is this nigga snoop jamming?
Speaker 2: Like this? How's this nigga on key in key in hocket?
Speaker 3: Because people don't realize autotune can't make you sing. No autotune is is is an afterthought. Is is a preset that gives you a certain sonic If you can sing which which which dials you into a certain algorithm you understand what I'm saying. But if you can't sing, auto tune can't help you do that. And people who can sing can hear a motherfucker that can sing even when that autotune is on. I said that motherfucker Snoop can sing.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy. I had another song that I have wrote for Bobby Womack to sing the hook, and Bobby Womack was working with the Gorillas at the time and he couldn't get to me, so he was like, just lay the reference down, and when you lay the reference, I do it. So I laid the reference. It was a song called ups and Downs that Warren Campbell did for me. Yeah there will be ups and down smile. But I had wrote it for Bobby Womack in the beginning when I'm talking as I think back and I'm thinking about the years I'm talking just like Bobby Womac. He never got the record in his hands, so I ended up putting it out and then I seen him. He was like, man, you did that shit way better than I could have did it. I'm like, but Bobby, I wrote it for you. He's like, man, I heard the record. I just didn't want to touch it because you sound me so good, and that fucked me up that he didn't want to do the reference because he felt like I did such a good job.
Speaker 5: But you probably had a take on it that was different from Yeah, from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was his reference.
Speaker 3: It was it was like, I'm doing this you like, there's a certain thing that especially with you as the creator. It's textures. It's textures, it's a styling, it's a did you put into it?
Speaker 2: This? Sometimes be like this that's actually better than what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 6: That's why me and you though we never for us knop like we never listened to the hip hop records where the rapper is singing their own hooks and feel away.
Speaker 1: Right, We're like, oh, Nigga, that ship makes sense.
Speaker 2: Singing Nigga gonna over sing that he gonna do too much like come on, bro, relax, we're gonna get in and out. Yeah, chipping on. Why I've seen you on some gangster ship for the home Boys show Dog Rest in Peace. It was it was on too we old movie we Did You was in and I was in it too, singing like a motherfucker the thing song at the end, and we were singing your ass. It was a straight gangster ship. But using that sing it ain't easy.
Speaker 1: It's probably it wasn't mac to.
Speaker 2: Movie Shorty from the Lynch Mob. It's his movie He Got out, He rest in Peace. But it's like you was the theme song. You walked in the studio and you was singing hard as a motherfucker. You was singing R and B ship. Everybody in there was gang banging and you was singing R and B. Sh It was beautiful what you were saying. I'm like this nigga. Take me singing like this forever.
Speaker 5: This nigga sing hard, nigga fast, get to a nigga, nigga, you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I do? Right? Yes, I sang nigga.
Speaker 3: But that was but when I touched down in l A I got I was telling you earlier. I was introduced to the I guess what would be the foundation of West Coast West coast music, and it was all music.
Speaker 5: It was all musicians. It was horns, guitar, like as we talk about a Warren Campbell.
Speaker 6: It was that Like nobody wouldn't know that Snoop Dogg grew up playing the piano, singing lead in church.
Speaker 5: But It makes sense because if you listen to the music it's all musical.
Speaker 2: It'll guide you to take you where it came from, to show you where the foundation.
Speaker 6: When y'all kicked in the door the way y'all kicked in the door from the chronic right, it's musical music.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: It's a reason why that album stands out from anything else. It's the reason why Doggy Style stands out the way it does with the dramatics and you know what I'm saying, And then it reminds you of Blue Magic And you know what I'm saying, Like, like you said, the stylistics, like I grew up on all of that. I learned how to sing off all that I learned how that's where my falsetto comes from.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm sayings like I need to find that note, yeah, I hit that note. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's like when y'all came in the in the game, y'all brought a different type of musicality.
Speaker 2: But we but we was fans of that particular genre of music, and Doctor Dre was able to produce that for us and to keep that in our music. He never strayed away from that. He always kept something that you could, oh, that's hell, that's ain't that, But then we would have a different hook on it, but it's still that sound was like something that you can, man, that shit remind me of? Is that that is okay? Because this is the ship that we was raised on. We was raised on good ship, good musicianship, good harmonies, and great vocalists, not good vocalists, but great vocalists. So whenever we would have somebody in the studio, they would have to really have have that vocal chops that. It's just like no matter if there was a no name. Everybody that started with us had no name. They became household names because of what they did. Never had a household name. On the Chronic album, all that was us and then Doggy Steff, it was all us, just the dramatics. Everything else was just us, no household names, Juel's, Nate Dog They were the singers, but they could out sing anybody in the motherfucking industry, especially Juel's, and motherfuckers knew that she was a dog, you know what I'm saying. But we wanted that. We wanted great musicianship and great vocalists on our music and not just dope ass raps. When did you know you were different?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: And to add to that, you recognize that you needed to maintain and preserve your difference.
Speaker 2: On the dope spot, gang banging and selling dope and just not having the spirit that the rest of the homies had. Like it was easy for them to just do wrong. It was easy for them to shoot, it was easy for them to just do all of the shit to come with the lifestyle. Some of that shit was difficult for me, but the rapping and the funny shit and the talking to the girls, that ship was always easy for me, But the other ship was difficult. So I had to make a decision on what I wanted to do as far as like to differentiate myself from everybody else. And I noticed that my rapping was always it was cool. Other neighborhoods would like it. When I get locked up, other gangs would like it. The girls liked it, and that's something that nobody else could do when it made me different. So I was like, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna step into this world and it really become Snoop rock Ski. That was my first rap name.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a rock Ski back then.
Speaker 2: You got But that's when you know you're real. Yeah, when you got a whole rap name.
Speaker 1: That's really.
Speaker 2: Came from Yeah, cool rock Ski from the Fat Boys. He was my favorite rapper. This nigga was hard at fuck the Fat Boys listen to me. I'm a skinny niggas probably went about. But the Fat Boys made some of the dopest music in the early eighties.
Speaker 1: And shout out to the movie Disorderly.
Speaker 2: That was my shit, that was my shit. Yeah, I'm so Naturally we were gonna want to be like who our favorite person is, so I couldn't be him. So my name is Snoopy. I'm Snoop. I just take the rock Ski and just be Snoop rock Ski. And all through junior high school, that's all my niggas called me was Snoop. So my homies still to this day, what's up, Snoop Rock? They still call me that to this day, and I smiled because it's like I can't run from it. It's an identity that I created, and it's a memory for them when I was a young dope rapper and they hold on to that memory because it's like you a star now, but we remember when you was that young dope rapper. You was battling this person and this person, and you was Snoop rock Ski and you was hard and you was so it's like it's a memory. Like when I see Magic Johnson play. If I see Magic today, I think about him in eighty five eighty four. I don't think about him right now. Nigga, it's my friend, niggas. Nigga won a championship. Nigga only see that, you know what I'm saying. So my friends only see that. They only see Snoop rock Ski. They don't see Snoop Dogg or Snoop Doggie Dog. If I can explain it to you like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now it makes perfect sense. That's right now, that makes perfect sen because you found your rhythm that way.
Speaker 2: That way. Yeah, you know what I mean with them? They were my first fans.
Speaker 1: At what age did you start rapping?
Speaker 2: Twelve?
Speaker 1: So you start rapping at twelve, you get your deal without.
Speaker 2: Nineteen?
Speaker 6: So seven years ye did you have the I mean because you from southern California, right, I know how to separate it. I know you from Long Bea, so I ain't gonna see you from La. You know what I'm saying, like La County, Lake County, right, but it's still adjacent to the industry. You're still close, right. So in those seven years, did you ever have like the starting stops of Oh, I think such and such gonna sign me before you get to drake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, more nose than yesters though, of course, Like fuck, we had a demo tape that we made and we took it to this white dude in Hollywood and he played this ship. Then the nigga looked at me and said, it's cool, but you're no DJ Quick m hmm. I was that broke my heart and I always I told Quick that too. I was like that nigga told me that shit. I wanted to just just come come after.
Speaker 1: You after that, like, not even knowing he was, he was creating that.
Speaker 2: Yes, like it made me want to make records dope like Quick records because I understood what he meant. I didn't take it the wrong way. I was like, damn man, Quick Quick was the top of he was the top of the When I'm listening to Quick shit, I'm like, my shit, don't sound nothing like this. He's fucking right. So that was a note that really hurt my heart. And then we went to uh Torrents to Easy in them studio when they was working on the Niggas for Life album and Warren G has supposedly got us a meeting, but the meeting didn't happen because we get up there and Easy come to the gate to the bard gate, don't let us in. He tell waring G to leave, waring G don't want to leave, and Easy flash his little thing. Then we leave and waring G called him all kind of names and shit, and we don't get the meeting, and I'm like my heart was beating fast anywhere. I was like I wasn't ready for that, no way, Like I was real nervous, like I would have probably choked that off. So I was like, nah, it's cool. So we drove all the way back home after thinking that we had a meeting with Easy and NWN we ain't have shit. Yeah, So it's been heartbreaking like that to where it's like you think you almost And then I was with above the law, above the law. They believed in us, like Warren G would take us, we would go to this studio in Inglewood and just post up. But they they was like we got cocaine and Kelo g after them too. You know we'll line you up, Snoop. I'm like, all right, cool. So I'm here chilling doing our thing, waiting, waiting, waiting. So one particular Saturday, Warren g go to the bachelor party with drewing him and he slid in ar cassette. So now Sunday, Dre like, I want you to come to the studio. But before that one Eddy seven said, Hey, Snoop, Monday, I'm gonna record your first song. So now I gotta make a decision. Do I go do my first song with a buffalo who been, you know, saying they gonna put me on they been rocking with me, they hear, Or do I take a chance and go to the studio with doctor Dre on Monday after he just heard my demo text to see what he thinks.
Speaker 6: All of us have either discovered the artists or been around the artists at the beginning, and sometimes they got to make a decision for themselves, and we're not always the people to take them there.
Speaker 2: We may not be the choice, and we may not have been able to actually take them where they needed to go. That's a fact I've had to become comfortable with that. That's a fact.
Speaker 6: I've had the artists that have been mad at me with me just being like, you know what, somebody else should do this for you. Well, I just want you to man, Well, I'm telling you you need something different.
Speaker 2: Wry, something different that can take you places I can't go right now. And that's how that went. And just about maybe about three weeks ago, Mi dre In one eighty seven was together and it's our relationship is like this because it's like they both seen something in me. He was just the one that was able to crack the cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to ask you a question about And this is something that maybe you know, it'd be great for the young guys who are coming up in the game, who are tapped into their street side and you know, have to figure out how to navigate between Now you're now you're a professional rapper, you're a professional entity, a professional entertainer, but you are still deeply connected and rooted in the streets. What is that navigation like because you've had to navigate those roads and that that that thing right there for a long time to where on the outside looking in you you figured that shit out in a way to where we've seen nothing like you. You are a household name like Middle America, Russia, Australia. You could sell betting, Nigga. You the most famous rapper whoever lives. And I argue with whoever want to they they.
Speaker 2: Call you that you can sell betting. I do have hint Bedsel I do. I yeah, sleep on the flowers.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: For those, for those, for those, for those guys, and even though those those girls who are trying to navigate that and figure what is what is the science.
Speaker 2: Or what is you know what? It's an individual situation that we all got to go through. It's a collision course with life that you have to learn how to master yourself. And what I've learned to do is master myself with love. Like that's the only thing that I can answer everything. What is love? Like all of the situations that I've been in when it comes to streets and it comes to negativity or bad energy, the only way that I've been able to win is through love. Like I've never been able to match your energy with your energy. I've always been able to have a plan of love to turn down your energy. And that is like my guidelines to maneuvering and navigating through the hood and the business. Because it's the same shit. You're gonna deal with hate when you get to the top, no matter who you are. How do you deal with that hate? Do you answer it with hate or do you answer with love and success? Me personally, I asked for it with success and love. That's my answer to any hate and any negativity that comes my way, because it's the strongest force that can beat it. That makes sense. Yeah, Yeah, because I've been. I've been, I've been in war, I've been, I've been in active activities, and that shit ain't fun. It ain't cool looking over your shoulder and you know, making sure everything is cool and super secured and all of that, even though you have to be secure anyway. But I'm just saying all of that extra shit where niggas is looking for you. It's different. I got grandkids, I may be a Disneyland. I don't want to have no problems with nobody. Well, I'm holding my granddaughter's on and be like that nigga is right there, right like I wanted to be like that. That nigga is right there. Let's get a picture with it. Yeah, it's a big difference between that that nigga is right there, I won't that that nigga is right there, let's get a picture with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, but the other part too, that I think that you've brought to the world is showing that you don't gotta be a mad dog and nigga and all of.
Speaker 1: That other shit to be againster, no, no, bro.
Speaker 6: Every situation I've ever been in where you were there, I always felt welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always felt like this is like Snoop is like one of the most accommodating people I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 2: Blame it on my mama. That's how she was. She taught me how to be who I am. Like. She was always a giver. Her door was always open, and she was more into peace and confrontation. Yeah. She loved to find a resolution. Even when I was young and I had fights with my friends, she'd be like, go get him and bring him and like, y'all not finna be fighting y'all friends, and not like some people. Other mother be like, go fuck him upright, go beat his ass. We better go. She wasn't like that. She's a little bit different. Like I know his mama, come here, you know what I'm saying. Like some of my friends to this day, it's because of what I just said, Because my mama and they mamas were friends and we became friends. The twins are the perfect example of that. They've been my homeboys for them there fifty years, and it's because of their mother and my mother went to school together and we grew up together. And I love those relationships like that, those real ones.
Speaker 6: No, I mean you can still see it within the guys that came in the game together, not even just the friendships from your neighborhood, but also so the friendships within the industry because we all know that shit be going all kind of way.
Speaker 2: To do and it's hard to maneuver because before you know it, you and Tank is into it. But I love both of y'all. Now I can't hang out with Valentine because Tank gonna be mad at me. Now, me and Jay we can't go get none to eat because Tank gonna feel some kind of way. Now I want to go see Tank, not Tank mad, Like what the fuck? Man, I'm too grown for that ship. Time for that ship man, grown ass man for real shit, I got grandkids. I'm trying to separate the motherfuckers right now from fighting. Yeah. Yeah, that's that's a that's a task at hand that I love doing, Like making my grandkids love each other. Now. To try to make two grown ups do that, it's crazy and then try to have them get mad at you or make a choice on which side you're picking. I don't pick size.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to give me one of your proudest moments as a rapper.
Speaker 2: As a rapper, one of my proudest moments probably was a Soul Train Awards nineteen ninety three. Me and Doctor Drake came out and a lowrider, first time it ever been done. And I looked in the crowd and it was fucking Anita Baker, Jeffrey Osborn, Quincy Jones. It was the all of the nigga, the one nigga, do you hear me? New Edition, Johnny Gill. They stood up, Whitney Houston, all of them stood up when we came in. I just shit went into my shit and I was like, oh, everybody in this morning, fuckers, I love you know what I'm saying. That That was young Snoop Dogg Snoop Doggie Dog. Yeah, that was a high light. I got a picture with Anita Baker that night, and I had it at my house for like ten years. Then I couldn't find the motherfucker. Go to my auntie houses and her it's me. You've been yea, yeah, that's how I go. Man, it was cold.
Speaker 6: Because you also realized and this is something that it took me a minute two.
Speaker 1: To understand a little bit of what we mean to our people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, you know.
Speaker 1: Because I used to. I used to you know, I would hear my father talk on the phone or I would hear.
Speaker 6: You know, what I'm saying, like and not know that I'm even at the house and what he's saying about me.
Speaker 2: Like I remember.
Speaker 1: When I first got my first like solo deal.
Speaker 6: I was signed to a lecture and I end up meeting my guy asked Chambers, who was the entertainment connection for Nike.
Speaker 2: So he started sending me the boxes. I'm listening to my daddy. I'm back at his house. I'm listening to him in the whole nother room. Yeah, you know, my son just signed Nike.
Speaker 5: He got the Nike deal.
Speaker 2: You know in the box, you know, you know Jordan's he's popping it.
Speaker 1: He ain't even in the sport.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. He didn't make no NBA, but he got a Nike.
Speaker 1: Deal, And I'm like, I'm thinking myself, no I don't. But that's what we what we mean to We mean to our people.
Speaker 2: We mean everything to our people, and that's why it's good for us to be on our best behavior because we mean the world.
Speaker 1: To represent ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we mean the world to them. So that's that feels good When people tell me they proud of me and they happy for me, and they see who I am and who are becoming. The things that I do. I don't do it for that. I don't want no no highlight reel, but it feels good to hear that, to know that because my mother works with me from up top. You know, her spirit is in me now, so the blessings are hers, you know what I'm saying. I look at it like, this is the angel that she wanted me to be. This is the preacher that she wanted me to be. So it's me just doing God's work, but from the angle that I choose to do it from. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you get your first hit record, mm hmm, it's cracking. I know it's cracking. Who do you buy? What's the first thing where you felt like you have financial freedom enough to.
Speaker 2: I bought a twenty dollars back a week my first my first hit record was deep Cover. It starts it's you gotta start somewhere, Jay, Come on, I stopped trying to all the way up to a car. Nigga, stant money here, give me. I remember, it's a twenty bag and we're gonna work the shit out this motherfucker. Nigga, that's all. We don't even have nowhere to live right now? You know what I'm talking about. We're finna get an apartment.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: That's the next thing they hit record de cover Boom, it's a hit, right, sugaring and give a nigga a few dollars, probably like five hundred to one thousand, understand me. So I gonna get some bud Boom now the next movie, sugar, Like, Nigga, you need an apartment? I sure do they find me one? Right on Franklin. Five hundred dollars a month, five hundred dollars a month, Franklin on Franklin, Nigga, I could drive you past that mother. You're gonna be like nigga, you lived in there. Yes, I did. Nigga Franklin and Whitley nigga right on the corner, and I called it the dog Pound. That's how I created the dog pound because my house was the dog pan was in it. Five hundred dollars a month, no furniture, no nothing. So I'm gonna give you the whole breakdown. The shit funny as fuck. So now I got my own apartment, but we're working on the Chronic album at Dre House in Calabasas. But Dre ain't got no furniture, So now we're going to DC House, who live about ten minutes away in another gated community. He got furniture, but he ain't got no food. So so we at this nigga house drinking Miller Genuine Draft, not eating. He got a gang of Miller Genuine Draft. Though this nigga got enough Milla guin Draft to feed the football team. We drinking every day, were writing and coming up with shit boom. We're getting close to finishing up the Carnic. We're not done yet. So now DC asks me, do you want something of the furniture in my house for your apartment. I'm like, oh, this is my nigga, Man, man, man, God is good. Hell yeah, let me get that bed that woot wop boop because it's only a one bedroom, so don't even need all this shit. So he gave me this ship. Two weeks later, come find out this nigga getting evicted, so he basically need So now I'm the stores unit for this nigga shit. So I'm taking it from the heart and this nigga really loved me. So now take let's get in the month too. Now we're still working on the chronic the rent five hundred. All I remember, I told you red only five hundred every twenty seventh of the month to the thirty first. Nobody comes over because it's rent time and I don't have it rent money. So now I got a sneak in the house through the back door. I got it. The lady that wants the rent money, she says right at the front. Now I gotta find a way to get in. Then when I get into the apartment, she at the front door. Then she leaves that thing on the front door, that little notice.
Speaker 1: We all know that notice.
Speaker 2: Well, boy, I seen that notice about five or six times. Then we finally get to the point to where it's like the chronic is done, and I think they give us like seventy five hundred to sign. And then and the riots happened fucking four the day the niggas took over. That was the jackpot. We went out and I stole the TV.
Speaker 4: Radio, every everything, nigga. We didn't miss a beat after that. Blankets, pillows, everything ever I'm talking about, had pictures and we stole everything. The house was amazing after that, just all stolen goods. So that's how I came up with my first piece of money.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's the best woodd you buy a story ever? Right, but right's fucking great.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then DLC came and lived with me for two weeks and whenever my my wife at the time, she was my girlfriend, whenever she would come over and everybody would leave so we can have private time. Yeah, Franklin five hundred, nigga, Franklin, Yes, yes, you niggas didnt drove past it a hundred and didn't even know. When you go down the hill, it's the one right and boom when you turn on Woody, it's the one right on the corner right there, got bars on the window. You stayed there, nigga for a whole year, for the year. Yes, Cindy, I'm sorry to pay your rent money. I will give you tickets to a Snoop dog.
Speaker 1: Was it my fault?
Speaker 2: It was different than five money Hit. Different back then with y'all touring off of touring, no on a seven day chronic tour? What seven days? It lasted for seven days because the niggas took every nigga that they knew with them on the road. And you can't take no niggas from California on the road. And don't think, ain't nothing gonna happen. And we was on the road with Onyx, run DMC and the Ghetto Boys. God dang lasted for seven days. It'll be on the death row documentary. Ill fee in on that letter. But that's where you can see that they get out. That's coming out incredible. Seven days, seven days, just like the group Saiven Day.
Speaker 1: And what is the what is the timeline between the chronic in Doggy Staff.
Speaker 2: The timeline between Chronic and Doggie Style. Chronic came out I think December nineteen ninety two. Doggy Style came out November twenty third, nineteen ninety three. Oh that was right on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's back to back.
Speaker 2: And some of the singles from the Chronic rolled off into Doggy Staff. So Little Ghetto Boys single was out the same time What's My Name single was out. This little getto Boy was one of the last singles off of the Ghetto off of the Chronic album.
Speaker 1: So now you're touring though at Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Are still not know how about I called a murder case. That's when the case had August twenty third, nineteen ninety three, So before the album came out, I called a murder case, and they thought I wrote the song murder. But I wrote the song in July and caught the case in August. That's why when I got to the dog Father album, I started writing about life because I felt like my generation was writing about death and we was cool with it, right, you know, all of us. We just we just wrote about death because that's what we expected to die. So we wrote death in our lyrics. We didn't write happy endings, we didn't write living to see another day. We wrote the worst outcome you could imagine, you know, getting shot in the blaze of bullets, going out like a gangster. You know what I'm saying. That's what we was. We was on that ship because that's what we Scarface and all these movies that we watched. That was the ship. So we was influenced by until we understood that. Man, my pen is really right in reality life. It's powerful. Not what I used to do. But this ship is starting to write future shit that's happening to me. Man.
Speaker 6: I see it every day. I'm like, man, why did I write that such and such? Man, I be living some of that ship.
Speaker 2: And it's the truth. It's the truth. It is. I mean, the pen is mighty in the sward. So you gotta know when you write, you gotta write reality. So sometimes you can manifest what you want. And I manifested this. So my album dog Father, had a song called Doggieland. While I was just talking about being a grandfather living to see all these different things happening, doggie Land was the song title. Now, I have a kids program called Doggieland that's one of the most successful kids programs on YouTube, and they listened to it around the whole world, and kids go to school every day to it. And that's because I manifested it. I didn't say it won't die. I'm gonna get shot. Catch me in the pin doing twenty five nigga banging for the hood. Nah fuck that, I'm writing some other shit because when I wrote that, it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you understood it earlier.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, mastering thyself. Have so many questions, but I know you. Ain't you second hand high nigga? Yeah, but that's special.
Speaker 6: Why why you while you gathering your thoughts, why did you kick over the little niggas fort man on a.
Speaker 2: Boy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why did you kick over the little niggas fort man?
Speaker 2: Well, because I was jealous that that nigga daddy had motherfucking event. The fuck was I supposed to do that? Nigga wasn't there. He was the closest thing to that nigga. I couldn't hit him. I don't want to go back to the pen I'm saying. So I was like, fuck your little fort nigga.
Speaker 5: Anybody can get it many time, anybody nigga.
Speaker 2: And stepped over it on the way out. Nigga, ain't your motherfucking daddy? No what you was mean? And that motherfucker shout out to John secretary. He directed me like one thing about John when he did his movies, he worked with the actors personally seen for seeing line for line. He wanted to make sure that you were bringing what he had on paper. And with my character Rotney, he really wanted like this menacing, you know, gang related nigga that just didn't give a fuck, that had no patience, conscious or nothing. So it was not easy to get into that character because that's not who I am. But I've drawn inspiration from so many people that I've seen that was that way you delivered and him directed me, direct me, direct me, give me direction on the set. What you'll learn from me is I love to be directed. I tell the director, especially when they be scared and because I'm Snoop Dogg and they be like, oh my god, working with Snoop dog I'm like, look, nigga, fuck all that. Direct me, throw that Snoop Dogg. Shut out the window, nigga, direct me, get me right, tell me what I need to be doing, so that way I'm doing the best version of it. And then you end up in training day and Denzel came to my trailer before the scene that was so gangster like. I had knew him, but he wasn't like a personal friend of mine. He was just somebody that I admired and I had seen him a couple of times. But once I got this roll, the nigga came to my trailer man and it was so all my homies was in there. We was in the Jungles too. It was a blood neighborhood, the Jungles. And the first thing I did when I got there, I went, I was like, who got the bud? They was like blood in the back guy. I walked through the Jungles, gave that nigga five hundred and nigga take care of us. Were gonna be here all day? Oh, I snooped all blood you good? Or we straight with them boom cause I'm wearing a blue sweatsuit. And now I let y'all know they I'm gonna be over and shooting this movie with Dennzel, nigga politicking, get that straight. Getting the trailer. Now we're in that chilling and a nigga named Rodney from sixties who I kind of like drew my inspiration from my nigga Pete Whack. He was there that day with me and Denzel. Come in the trailer. He pulled me in the back. He said a few things to me, and I swear that ship he said to me just made me just like mm hmm, I ain't start struck no more. This is a regular nigga. Okay, I know what he just did. He just put me on regular. Yeah. He don't want me to be an actor. He wanted me to be a regular nigga. We got on the set Nigga answin food. While I was like action. I did that ship one time. I didn't do it twice.
Speaker 1: You're seeing one take one night.
Speaker 2: And this motherfucker take. I was gone and I was hauling ass trying to get up out of the Nigga Great Ship. Yeah. That's what we do. When we get the opportunity, we make the most of it. We're not finna play with this because I don't know who watching. I don't know who may want to give me another opportunity. I don't know if this may be my last opportunity. This may be the last time you see me on screen. You know what I'm saying. So it's like, I man, I go all out when I'm in the movie. The ship that Hollywood. I'm gonna share this with y'all. The ship that Hollywood say about Snoop Dog. This nigga know all his lines and everybody else's lines. That's the that's my main thing. When I get a roll, I learned everybody lines. So in case you change your ship on the script with you, Yeah you can change a nigga. I know the premise. But if I don't know your motherfucking lines, I'm just stuck. If you if you decide to go off script. Now I'm up there like yeah, yeah, now, nigga, when you go off script on right with you? Yeah, let's go off script that. Yeah, I know all your ship or you'd be like a line supposed to say that. Damn how you know, nigga, just say it. You know what I'm saying. That's how I get these opportunities. They're not giving me these opportunities because I'm late. I'm not professional about it, talk about it. I'm not great at what I do. Like, they don't give that opportunity. If you drop the ball. I put points on the board and I show up on time. Actually, I show up early so I can be on time. I was here early enough to eat nigga teaching, you know.
Speaker 1: And these are and these are what everyone needs to hear.
Speaker 6: Yes, but especially because we feel like we're a big part of why we started the Army Money podcast was to give the information that we wish we would have had. And you coming on here and as an entertainer who's literally done everything we can imagine to do, you're giving them in us the game on how it can be done because.
Speaker 1: You you are approving person.
Speaker 6: You've proved everything you've said, Like this is why I get that because most people think, oh, I'm gonna get a hear record, They're gonna put me in a movie.
Speaker 1: Well, you might get put in one, but not fifteen.
Speaker 2: Right, and what director is watching you that probably not even from the hip hop world that's see something in you. I got a movie I'm doing with a director named Luke Basan. He did a movie called The Professional. Yes that's my only name that because I so Me and him med years ago when I was in his movie called Arthur, which is an animated movie because he loves my voice. But now we're creating some g shit now based off of him seeing me still active, still doing my ship and him still acting. So it's like inspiration as a motherfucker. You ever know who watching and the professionalism when he sees me do the Voice or do the Olympics, and I'm such a professional on them, buttoned up and not cussing on TV. That's the first thing like they put me on TV. I know how to not cuss right, and I'm still entertaining and I'm still able to reach the whole house. I know when I'm in front of the house, and I know when I'm outside, two different conversations.
Speaker 1: You were doing your show where you were an analyst on your show years ago.
Speaker 6: People don't gg Most people don't know that just before podcast before podcasts, before the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Was it just something you were doing or were you preparing yourself?
Speaker 2: Jay, I did three hundred and seventy five consecutive episodes I passed. I beat the Jeffersons What's Happening Good Times. I specifically came for them like I wanted. I said, how many episode consecutive did the Good Times and Jefferson's and all the shit that I grew up on What's Happening? It was like one seventy five, we was at two hundred. Some of them like keep Going, Keep Going, interview with Larry King, this person that person like the biggest of the biggest, the artists before they became big, the Nipsey Hustle, personal interviews like the people that you would expect Jay Rock, this person, this person, and it wasn't called a podcast. I created the GGN News Network Gangster Good News Network, because one night I was watching the news and at eleven o'clock it started with a murder, and I changed it to the other station. It was another murder. Every station was murdered, murdered, just negative, bad news, the crisis. I said, I need a news network that's all good news, and it's happy and it's fun, and it's smoking. And the weather girls come on here, have dressed and they ain't even talking about weather niggas just looking at them. Balance it's slippery, sloping, and you know what I'm saying, like cause I wanted I wanted to a different perspective. I like feeling an avoid I'm like, we shouldn't only have this, this shouldn't be the only thing that we have for news. It's bad news. So I created the Gangster Good News Network and then got to deal with Maker. Made a lot of money with them, and then Maker's got to deal with Disney and signed about it from you earlier that big They gave me a piece, but they got the wool wop. So then that's why I was like, Okay, I did all of that, man, fuck that I'm done. And then podcasts, the word podcast came to life and I stepped away. But if I ever wanted to the gg and, I could turn it on just like that, but I'd rather come support y'all's because it's podcast now and I like to support my homies and let people win because it is y'all industry now. You know. I'll play with it when I can, but I love what y'all doing, so I'll come support y'all to bring my peoples over here, to make sure that they understand that this is where you need to be at week to week. Man, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Listen, I want to ask you. I know you've answered this question a few times, but I need this answer. On the R and B Money podcast, my brother, you bought death Row, you bought Death Role Records, and you started doing R music.
Speaker 2: I speechless. That's what I'm built on. No tank like buying death Row Records was for me to clean it up and give it a new image, and the image gonna always be hip hop. That's the foundation. It built this shit. It's what people look at as far as the greatest West Coast hip hop lab whatever created. Yeah, but how can you write a new script and give it a brand new page but still keep the same cover. And that's what we did. We started off by me buying it and saying I want to do a record called back on death Row because people wouldn't believe it. And it was so crazy because when I was working for death Jam, I was manifestingess. I had a song called CEO while I was like, I'm the CEO of death Row record and it didn't happen. But God know how to make things move, yeah, and he put it in my hands. So I dropped that record, and I was like, I want to drop a death Row summer album, but I wanted to be R and B. So I called Raphael sa Dig, Miguel October, London, Uncle Chuck, rest in Peace, all of my homies from fifteen hundred people that just play great music, and we put together a record that was R and B and I'm like, you know what I think death Row should be this sound. So when I told October, London. I'm taking you off death Cham and bring you to death Row. Well you so he was signed to death Jam. I took him and I had him and Jane over there. H but I was able to untangle the knot to get them to come with the d O dub when I got death Row, like they come up with me, and they came with me. So we started working on his Rebirth of Marvin album and he didn't want to call it that, but I'm like, fuck that. I know what I'm doing. I'm not gonna say something, but when they hear your motherfucking voice, it's gonna shad them all the funk up. Let me work this, Let me fuck this chicken. Let you do what. Let me fuck this chicken. You hold the wings? Come on, man, you don't play no games. He come on cook. Yeah, he's gonna be cooked for a minute. Are here? He cooked? Cooks cooked? Yes, that's great, Yes, that's great.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 6: Now the market the marketing behind the Rebirth of Marvin though, in my in my opinion, it truly showed your genius and how much you understood how to really set this ship off, because that created a conversation. Yes, that would have never happened. Yes, well yes, and it's really hard to break new R and B artists it is.
Speaker 2: Trust me, let me add y'all know better than I do.
Speaker 3: Let me add to that genius. Because comparison is a killer. Yes, comparison can my comparison can? It can be a killer, especially when you're comparing it to something so so monumental and so iconic and so it has so much reference attached to it and and you go right at it. But you have a young man in the name of October London who can fucking delivery right mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He's a monster. He delivered monster his work ethic.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jazzy fay Manel Fenzel, Fenzel me and Fenzel was you know that's my brother, and Fenzel he fucked around and played he played a song for I'm like, what the fuck is that. He's like, oh, that's this kid. I said, Oh my god, that some new shit. Oh shit, heard one song from him. And then Jazzy was like, you want to you want to fuck with him? I'm like, hell yeah, And that's when the development began. So it began like eight years ago. It wasn't just like he just came out right now. Development began where I started working with him, producing with him, putting him on songs, put him on the Madden soundtrack, put him in this song, had him perform over here, do this to be on this album, make this kind of song. Then I put him in Doggieland and had become one of the voices of the kids, to give him another lane of you know, using your voice, because you're so dope, you shouldn't just be restricted to one lane. So I showed him that, and then there's just like his spirit to work is. It's crazy he got like the spirit Tupac had, Like just I don't want to listen to the music. I just want to make it, Like I make music, not to listen to, but to make music, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm not a fan of my music. Trying to get to the next song. I ain't like that. I like listening to my ship. I like my ship. I don't like listening to mine, you know. I like hearing me nigga wants I'm done with it, Snoop that nigga sound good.
Speaker 1: Thank you for Doggy laying to you as men who have children.
Speaker 2: Yes, like my daughter she's a fan of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, she told October that. He told him.
Speaker 6: She told him she because he she he was when he did his episode with us. My daughter was here and he was like, I'm the voice.
Speaker 2: She was like, wait what Yeah, my daughter was fully and he goes into it too. Yeah. Yeah, that's really that's so dope. You'll want characters in that. Yeah, yeah, yes, sir, let.
Speaker 1: Us teach some kids from R and B on there or something that something.
Speaker 2: We don't play no games. We lined up. We got about three hundred songs, like original songs, like we got a couple of the wheels go round and around all that kind of ship. But we got like original songs like affirmations and like the affirmation song is a big record. It's so big. I'll be DJing and I'm in the behind both DJ and motherfucker holding up a phone. I can't I'm old as the motherfucker. I can't read that. What the phone say? They hand me the form of us play affirmations from your dogg and Land. I'm in the club, motherfucker right now, that's play affirmations. I'm like, it ain't gonna go.
Speaker 1: I just played.
Speaker 2: Ain't no fun It ain't gonna work. It don't work. It can't come on for that with that?
Speaker 1: Is it anything that you've ever looked at it and said, now, I can't do that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: What red Man be doing? This? Nigga be jumping out of motherfucking oh like.
Speaker 1: The extreme sports type ship jumping out of planes?
Speaker 2: Yes, and in the air nigga sky diving? Yeah, I want to with that. I'm not doing that. I can't fuck with roller coasters. Is I'm like you go to the disney Land, nigga, I'm holding all the jackets. Give me your jacket, give me your hat, give me your phone, give me your part, give me all. I'm standing out here like this. I ain't none of that because you know why. I'm gonna tell you why when I used to do it. See my kids as assholes and my family members just fucking assholes. Let me tell you why. There's some fucking assholes. I'm Snoop Doggs, So naturally, what's gonna happen This nigga get to the front of the line, right, so we didn't cut everybody there up the year nigga were up here in the Nigga my cousin got me up here then we get on the motherfucker were doing loops and loops as soon as we get you to stop. That's what people say, you guys want to go again. I'm like no, everybody say yeah. You can't even hear me say no, damn not again. All no, like back them, back them, back them back, and I can't be heard because there's so many motherfuckers saying yeah. So I'd rather not be on there so I can watch them spin around in the row.
Speaker 1: Always Snoop Dogg was my cousin, get.
Speaker 2: Your niggas in. I'm gonna get your niggas in it to the front of the line. I love all that, but don't expect me to get on the motherfucker ride with you.
Speaker 3: I want to jump out of the planes all that shit because I feel like you've done everything.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 6: That's why I asked that there ever been anything that you just was like, nah, I'm cool because I feel like you.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You had a cooking show.
Speaker 3: You gotta explain with Martha Stupid. I came on there and I cooked with y'all.
Speaker 2: You did tank. I'm like, hold on, nigga, you came on the show and you tasted it off. Oh, it was quite cuisine.
Speaker 5: You gotta explain that to me.
Speaker 2: How do you get there? Okay? Here Justin Bieber had a roast. Martha said, where you sitting there, I'm doing the same thing I'm doing. She getting that second hand smoke. When it came time to tell jokes, she stole the show. She was the funniest motherfucker that night. And at the end of the night, me and her, when the back chopped it up, I said, I'm a fan. Can I come on your show? She was like, hell, yeah, what you want to do? I said, I want to cook some brownies? Boom, go to her show. Cook the brownies. From after that, she hit me one day and say, somebody said that we have a TV show. Is that your team? I'm like, nah, my teammate said that. She said, well, we need to put together a TV show because somebody thinking for us that shit ain't gonna work with fly you to Connecticut to my shit, Nigga, I want her shit. It was all white, just everything just looked like we was in the fucking museum. Nigga walked about nine hundred steps and then she was sitting in the corner told everybody to get out She was like, I got an idea. We should do our own thing. You know, I got this TV show shit on lock. We should do something together. What you think? I'm like, yeah, she said, you got a name. I said, yeah, let's call that motherfucker Martha and Snoop pot Luck, pot Luck, dinner show or dinner party. She's like, all right, cool. Both our teams came together and started working together, and we built that show sold at the VH one, they bought a second season, and then after that, she and me both think alike. So if she had a deal, she would be like, hey, Snoop, I got a deal with Big Lighter. You want to do it with me? Yeah, let's get out. Ain't Martha Tostitos just hit me for some super Bowl shit? You want to get down with me? Yeah? Wow? All right, whoop, whoop woop, Hey, Snoop, you should do a mo fucking cookbook, nigga, you can cook? You serious for show. One point seven million books sold to this day, been on the New York best Seller five times number one. Then two years ago, Snoop, my people's from this company been trying to get at you, but your your guys been blocking. They've been blocking. Yeah, they've been. They're a good company to work with too, they've been blocking. Give me the number. What's happening, Yeah, we want to fuck with you with your people. Okay, what's happening? Shoes? She plugged me with sketches. She was there before me.
Speaker 1: Man shout out to Martha's Stewart.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying. But see how we moving stealth, no hating, no arguments. Then I do the voice. She shows up for me. She do her hundredth book. I fly to New York, show up for her. This is what friends do. Like we committed to being friends. You get what I'm saying. No strings attached, no nothing, just for each other. She dropped her documentary on Netflix. I didn't realize how important we were to each other till I seen it, because they tried to blackball her and took everything away from her. And then when the dog came on her life back up. Yeah but me too, Yeah yeah right, just think about it. I was always up, but when I got with her up, he seeing.
Speaker 1: Yes, because y'all brought y'all brought two worlds together.
Speaker 6: Yes, that deserved each other, Like we didn't even know how much we loved Martha Stewart.
Speaker 2: They loved me the same feeling. I started looking at Mark. I'm like marther Stu, I see what you're doing. Okay, I have some of the power.
Speaker 1: But for real though, like it just we never knew, never knew.
Speaker 2: Most people don't understand that they're the same until they get in the same wrong. Yeah, that's the separation division shit that I hate, because we all are like, we're all the same. And I found that with the people that work with me, not for me, but the people that are my employees that work with me. No two people are the same. Like I got people from different backgrounds, people from Asian parts of the world, India parts of the world, African, American, Caucasian, Hispanic. Like it's because I fuck with people. Yes, I don't just hire you because you look like this, so you act like this. You're the best qualified for the job. And if your nationality happens to be that, that's third in line. What's first in line? Are you qualified? And are you gonna sit with the spirit that's around this team that I built?
Speaker 1: How many people do you employ right now?
Speaker 2: I probably got about seventy people employed. Did you ever think never I did never think I could have two niggas to work for me, because I would be like, you know you're not gonna get paid right as long as all you think, you'll never be broke, bro I get you checked to you next next time I see I.
Speaker 1: Gotta pay this five hundred for the spot on five hundred.
Speaker 2: Next time I see him having it, I called him.
Speaker 6: I called him. When I came to the compound. I didn't know what I was coming to. I just knew it's snoop, my god, fuzzy hit me. I'm pulling up. Ain't no like you said when we're friends. We're friends, straight up, no question.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm driving to.
Speaker 2: Don't you didn't ask no quest.
Speaker 6: I don't even know the area, so what I'm pulling up? When I left, I called this man because he couldn't make it. That night, I called this man.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: He's done it. He was like, what are you talking? He did it, He's done it.
Speaker 6: And I wanted to say this to you now because obviously it was. It was a lot going on, and you the inspiration man me coming and seeing the compound and seeing that it's everything we need.
Speaker 1: As creatives to be creative at the highest level in one place. I said, I said, Tank, He's I said.
Speaker 6: Everything that we're talking about, doing, everything that we want to do, everything that we're working towards. Snoop has the facility and the place and all of these things that we can now be inspired by.
Speaker 1: Go see and say oh yeah, yeah, and we need that, and.
Speaker 6: We're gonna need this, and yeah we need that big ass room that's all green. Yes, and then we need all basketball court.
Speaker 5: You need your weight rooms.
Speaker 2: I shot, you can always depend on me. You get to that.
Speaker 1: But I just I just wanted to really celebrate you for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he called me immediately.
Speaker 6: We all start with the home studio, all of us, me too. In this game, we all start with this side.
Speaker 2: I made the East Side of album in my living room and Clare Mount Nigga, I love it. The Gang Bang anthem, I love it the anthem niggas that was made. And once we finished in the studio, we went right to the living room and had a house party and it was this all you've seen in the air. It was everything just like the house studio sometimes is better than the big studio because the fucking feeling that you get from the house studio. Like even at the compound, I got a baby studio that you didn't see. That feel like I'm at the house, got little cheap couches in that, but well my wife put some expensive couch and get this cheap ass ship out. I'm like, I like cheap ship. So when niggas come over here, they feel like they can waste beer. Yeah, you know this kind of nice. I'm doing this ship like, you know what I'm saying, trying to make sure it's clean. I want some hood ship in there. But it just feels like that studio that we built there. The studio, see is the starship. So we got the starship, battleship and the mothership. The starship feels more like the beginning, you know what I'm saying, Whereas like you don't get all the glitz and glamour. He's just like you and that motherfucker. It's just you in the room. Yeah. Yeah. See the other room is inspiration. You see gold chains.
Speaker 6: I was telling him, I'm like, so he has a cologne corner in case the nigga wanna smell good.
Speaker 2: That's what we're gonna do. He got all the weed, yes, sir, all the wraps, eyeglasses.
Speaker 5: Nigga glass everything, he got everything in their tech.
Speaker 2: Y'all could have took some ship to go performing. If some of the ship ain't even my style, I would have wished the nigga to been like, dog, let me get those. Go ahead, my nigga. I swear it's some cold on what you got here. That's some cool R and B glasses in there.
Speaker 3: I said, nigga, do you call a nigga and tell him just st said no, take the nigga makes it before I asked him to make it?
Speaker 2: He do. I don't even ask this nigga. Like that's the cold part about it. When I did the drink Champs, the nigga just had a suit with the drink Champs on it. So I walked out looking like I was promoting that ship. They was like this nigga, I did the voice, same thing. He gonna make y'all some ship with he gonna put this on there. I told him to put your logo on there. Hey, y'all, some fly ship lined up, you know what I'm saying. So that way y'all can have some cool ship like this and then some R and b ship too with maybe like cool little sweater, cool little v neig. You know, I know how you get out on Nigga. You got your wool wips out. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, I can't wait till the next show.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back there and say, hey, so so take so you got your out of woo baby, Yeah, get him right, bro.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, and I hope you realize as as as you went back to the beginning and gave us this when Mom say we at the church, we all at the church. The thing that I can truly accredit all of it too, man, is of course we get into the hard work and the gifts of a man. But you truly have favor over your life, brother, Yes, sir, you truly have.
Speaker 2: You truly have the.
Speaker 3: God keeping his hand on you, man, and keeping angels around you to protect you and keep you because guys like us need you.
Speaker 2: Man understood. It's crazy that you said that because I've been like very spiritual since I've been in this game, Like even when the tragedy happened with the murder case, first person I called was dazz Mama and she prayed with me. I mean she prayed with me strong, real strong, to keep me strong through the whole situation, because it lasted for a couple of years. It wasn't just overnight, catchy cases old tomorrow. And she had affected me for like two years and never dwelled on her and talked about it because I had so much respect for the deceased family, you know, so I don't really speak on that, but that prayer is what really helped me through that. And then once I got through that, to remain in prayer, to remain in other people's prayers, to remain praying. And my mother was always she had became an evangelist, so she was like she would always bang for me, bang bang bang. My son was raising the church. I don't care what y'all say about him and his music and blah blah this and that. Then I made that gospel album. And when I made that gospel album, I had all the musicians at the studio and I had my mother come and we played it from top to bottom and she clapped and it was so beautiful. Man. It was like probably the greatest moment in music for me because I could finally give my mother something that she could be proud of, that she could say, now, what you said all that about my son, But he took time to give God a whole album none stop speaking the truth, preaching, teaching, listening, learning, and it's called Bible of Love because that's what I told him, and she was able to hear that, and that just no matter what I do on hip hop, it just don't feel like that because my mama could never play my hip hop records and be like, that's my boy. Yeah, but that one, that's what I told him. She could see the fruits of her labor through me taking the magical moment that I had to give it up to God a whole record, Bible of Love. Make sure y'all get that this is a beautiful record. It is such a beautiful record. I mean, I listened to it from time to time, but it makes me cry when I listened to it. And ain't nothing wrong with crying, but it just it makes me cry because it's a spirit checker. It checks your spirit, and great music is supposed to do that for you. So whenever I do want to shed a tear, I play that. I play these three words. Stevie Wonder that record right there, sweet and come on, man, am I wrong? You can't be, You can't be. And then when you ain't heard your mama's voice a long time, and you say, when was the last time they heard them, say, oh my god, Stevie, why you do it to me? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's talk this R and B thing. Man, Come on, let's because the R and B roster. I also had an opportunity to be an event that you obviously, you know when you know you snoop when you show up, you show out, but you know you held the event down and you actually, you know, you closed the event the Cardier Okay, Gamma event, Yes, sir, you know what I mean that you also grace yourself. But brought your artists October London there and there was a moment and you know my relationship with Larry, we come up together in San Francisco. You know, that's been my nigga for you know, many moons that I pulled him to the side. And I didn't even tell you this, but I pulled him to the side. I said, I don't know if I've ever seen an artist, it's you're a artist. First ever introduce someone signed to them? This way and support someone in this manner because we.
Speaker 1: All know everybody.
Speaker 6: You know, you signed artists, people got even just and even from us, even from the CEO standpoint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way you showed up for him, which listen, you told the Cardia people. You know you listen.
Speaker 6: You know y'all couldn't pay me enough to come to this motherfucker. I'm here because and I know you kept that watch too, nigga.
Speaker 2: I'll start the word today to show you what what chime it was? He told him in there.
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know y'all think y'all getting this back. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's me. She came back on can we get to bitch? If you don't get out of here, then they're talking about, well can you at least take a picture with it? Then I take a picture, Well put the blunt down, said, bitch, you got a better chance of taking this motherfucker watching this motherfucking blunt. It's just a picture just like this. Yeah, just because you said that, bitch, he's still.
Speaker 3: Coming.
Speaker 7: He comes and.
Speaker 2: Goes that niggas. He's a crazy, crazy individual.
Speaker 6: I can't control it, no, but but seeing not though snoop for real, man, I was like it was once again, it was inspiring because this is how you're supposed to be there for your right.
Speaker 2: We leave by example. We leave by example.
Speaker 6: Everybody can write the check once you in a position, but really really get show up.
Speaker 2: It's development. It's artist development. Like I've really worked with developing him and I'm so proud of him, and I want people to know how much I love him and how great he means to how great he is to the music industry. Like when you're introducing a new voice in the new sound, you should protect that. And I protect him like he want a mine because he is one of mine, you know what I'm saying. So it's like for me to stand with him shows you that you can't play with him, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's what that means with Okay, dog is really with him? I can't play with him. Don't try to slide, no back door offers or no see we can get him away if we can try to sway, and he'll tell you any kind of deal that he get. I never try to sway my way. For example, if it's a publishing situation, right, he been with me long you would think that he's with my publishing company or publish mm hmm. Go get you the best publishing deal for you. What's best for you. Me taking your ship ain't best for you because you a fucking writer, You a creator. You nigga, I own the master's I mean, I ain't trying to be greedy, man. You show on your publisher. So that way, when we start selling this ship or moving this ship into different places of the media world, we're a partner still, you know what I'm saying. It's not like one's bigger than the others. Like we need each other. I can't push it without your permission. You can't push it without It's like, and we love each other like it's real love. It's not gonna ever be like well, fuck Snooper, fuck October, no nigga, because you was introduced to me and I love what you had and I already had it, and I just want to see you have it. How about that you got Jane over there, Oh Jane Jane Hancock Raphael sad Yes, when I'm over over there doing my death jam saying Raphael, like, nigga, I'm from the play you something he played that like my weed. I'm like, who the fuck is that? Like that Jane Hancott's special, I said, I want her, I want her, Yeah, brought her, moved her down to La developed started developing her about three years ago, putting her on certain projects, but developing like, yes, getting the whole get down together. We ain't gonna just grab you and throw you out. We're gonna develop you. We're gonna make sure you understand that we're gonna make real records, that you're gonna do shit with substance and car and consciousness because you gotta live with these records. You have to go perform these records. So I don't want you to be saying shit you ain't gonna be able to live with ten years from now. We're a real record company. We want to make shit that's solid. And she she fit the bill. She's the first lady on death Row Fire. Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: My nephew, Charlie over there, Charlie b Rare, Charlie be Rare, my guy, my little brother over there.
Speaker 2: Now, Charlie been in the family for a long time. He tell me a story about him coming to my house as a teenager with his dad. I'm like, I'm that old, Like, yeah, when I came to your house, we use I said, come on to me that story because I don't want to hear that. It's like me telling Quincy Jones and Booty Collins and shit like then when I was thirteen. I can't in y'all house. But that's how much love we have for each other. It's like he remembers how I treated him then and how I treat him now, and how I developed him and how I'm working with developing him. His album has been done for over a year, but we have to develop. We have to make sure it's introduced the right way. It's right pieces to the puzzle. Like today, we just dropped his song and Hope, which feels like Martin the King's birthday. It feels just just like that. When you see it, you're gonna see what I'm saying. It looks and feels just like MLK. It's called Hope. His style of music is perfect. It's not nothing but his. He's loved in the industry. Musicians love him, artists love him, and God put him with me so I can put a little light on him so he could shine. Come on, that's my music. Praise God yeah.
Speaker 1: That record is called Hope Yeah. And then you brought back Oh Yeah, Chicago, who is one of my favorite singers.
Speaker 2: I loved me some Danny Boy, and what's so crazy he was? I didn't get a chance to work with him when we was on death Row. Really didn't know that they kept us over there. He was on that side. We don't have no music together before. Never thought about that name one. There is nothing, That's what I'm saying. So when I got death Row back, he was hearing mysterious things that I didn't like him and this and that. But what he didn't know was I loved him. And what I started to do was I followed him on Instagram. I started hearing his music on Serious Exam, Hard and Soul, and I downloaded his music and then I started posting me playing his music on Instagram. Then I hit him on DM and said, I love you, nephew, what's happening? Come on man, And then brought him out here, put him on a couple of projects, did remake a special kind of fool with him, and just trying to get him back in slowly but surely, but definitely love what he brings to the table. He's a part of Death Row, and I just want to just keep putting love in the air, Like I feel like his voice is connected to death Row, So I want him to be a part of what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you're being a vessel for sure. One more moment. I gotta thank you for Uncle Charlie.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, yeah, come on, man, Uncle Charlie saved my relationship with my wife. Well, I met Charlie. He was at a gas station, wasn't doing too well, and I was like, man, I'm gonna hook you up if I can when I can. And then val young lady v the legend, Yeah, can you can you get him? She brought him in the studio with us. And when she brought him, he was recovering and he had his wife with him. Well, she wasn't his wife. She was his counselor at the time, or his person that you deal with from the rehabilitation place. And you know, naturally we smoking and shit. She pulled me to the side, she like, did you guys please not smoke? Like man, shut up, but listening to you. Second day she said the same thing. Third day, she pulled me to the side. She said, if you smoke again, I'm not bringing Charlie back. So I was like, AKA, we gotta stop smoking. Wow. So but she ended up becoming his wife, He rehabilitated hisself. She ended up becoming one of the most special people in my life because when me and my wife was having rocky you know times, Charlie Wilson checked the shit out of me, called me, put me on point, got me on deck, and I renewed my vows with my wife because of man taught me how to be a man, and his wife showed me how to treat a wife. So that's what he did for me. So musically, what I did for him don't mean ship compared to what he did for me personally. Charlie Wilton's heroes and you know he a real nigga, so so imagine how he was talking to me. If you don't get your bitch ass off the streets and get the funk back home, for you lose everything chasing him nothing ass. Get home, nigga. I'm not gonna tell you again in that order. Get home, nigga, sir, Yes, sir, yes, sir. Yeah. I received it.
Speaker 5: Playing from You're not from the play game streets.
Speaker 2: And then and then you see the video, Uh that goes my Baby's starring me and my wife.
Speaker 1: Did y'all know that it's from y'all, it's from the it's from the Uh.
Speaker 2: It's from the read net renewing over we're staring in the video because like, wow, it's And the crazy part was after he checked me and got me writing all that shit, he said, come on in the back of the studio, Nigga, He said, I got someone want to play for you. He said, I don't know if it's good or not. I need you to tell me, and he played that motherfucking dagg oes my baby. I'm like, Nigga, that ship is great, man, that shit ain't good. That ship is fucking great. You need to drop up that pronto. And it number one. Me and my wife in the video Happily ever After, like sometimes you need that that real tough love and not to just let shit break up. And just see, I told you I knew they wasn't gonna na you know. Betty Right had a song she said, don't you remember when people used to try to keep you together and they used to come over and party and cook for you, and they say, don't blame mister Charlie, because mister Charlie is only man and he's doing the best that he can. But it was about relationships not being allowed to break up because family and friends wouldn't have it. They would come in and tell the wife, don't blame mister Charlie, He's only a man, and then they would go to Charlie, you know you got the best woman. You better get your shit together like it was that and it's all of this around you. If you can't not break up, it's too much. It's like, I do need to be with you. I do love you. You're right, you realize what y'all mean to what you just said. We don't realize what we mean to our people.
Speaker 1: Young people.
Speaker 6: I also witnessed that night threw me off at first, threw me off. As I was leaving the mail review was walking in.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I'm like, and Fuzzy could tell that.
Speaker 6: He said, he said, yeah, on certain nights, boss lady, Yeah that's her thing, got a male review.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that she do. On the other side, it's called men of Boss and the ladies love it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, I ain't gonna say who I saw the women that was coming in there, but there was some known woen they was coming out.
Speaker 2: Listen, I ain't gonna blow up. It's the strip club for ladies. Like how we have our strip club where we can go and enjoy the finer things of a woman's you know, hey man, praise God. That's the same thing that they get to do, you know, via courtesy of Boss, lady men of Boss. That's the presentation that she presents to the to the scene and they love it. And you know, I had nothing to do with it. I mean, I have nothing to do with it. But I mean I promote and cheer and you know, applaud my wife, just like she do everything for me. Whatever I do, she applause no matter what it was, she was always so I do the same.
Speaker 6: That's that's I see it with my own eyes. I'm like, I love that, like snoop. Really it's a whole nother event going on.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's popping.
Speaker 2: It's popping. If if you have any single women that want to slide through rs VP on Wednesday, is pop been like the reviews out of here, like women want to come to Yeah, it's more Volgan. Listen, they say this is ladies lad have a good time because you see we playing a good time. That's what we got to understand that they're human too. I don't even sometimes I don't even go out there. Sometimes I'm out there for like five ten minutes and then I'm like, okay, it's my time to leave. It's been real y'all. Haven't seen the deal double it's your night out? Let them operate. Yes, I don't know the way they want to have fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see, I said, I said, the niggas pulling up what they rolling back? So you know how the women be coming for We all know you mean that rolling back, I said.
Speaker 2: All these niggas is okay.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 1: Have a good time.
Speaker 2: And the compound. But that's the the beauty of having a compound is we could do what we want when we want. You see what I'm saying, Like to be able to have your own facility, to be able to to to just have a party, to have a function, to have an awards show, to do something for the kids, to just ever get together longer they have since two thousand and eleven. Oh wow, wow, poteen and counting. And the crazy part was in the beginning when I got it, I just needed a space, right, So it was just an empty box. So it was like, I'm gonna lease this thing for a couple of years just because I want to be in LA. So leasing it for three years, another three years and didn't mind you this. This is how bad my business hand was. I could have bought it when I first got it, but I didn't have the real estate mind state or the business hand. So we were leasing. So by the time we get to let's say, year ten, I mean my lease is up and I don't even know it. And everything in there that you see is in there, right, So imagine this were selling this building. Huh when your lease is up? Wait, wait a minute, do y'all know what I got in here? Right? Give a fuck it? I sell buildings. I don't buy say man. I had my manager at the time, Ted steal my nigga. To this day, Ted chung geist. Ted, we need to find out who that motherfucker is that that we need to bypass. We need to find out who he is. We find out who he was. But my people put us together. He was way up there older. God get on the line wood. He first thing he says, on buy buildings, I sell them I'm like, damn, well, can I chop it up with you? All right, boy, we gonna pull up on you. We go sing. I'm telling him about what I invested in the building, the things that I've done there, how the city of Inglewood and the mayor and all the like, all right, whatever. So the next day he say come back. He said, normally only sell buildings, but my daughter told me if I don't sell snoop dogg this building, she'd hate me. M the dynamics.
Speaker 1: Wow, Michael Jackson got the Beatles publishing, so.
Speaker 2: So imagine it costs this much. But he said, I need this much, so I gotta go scramble to go get it because he like, you got this window.
Speaker 1: Right, I'll give you the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Can I let me? He ain't no regular loans either, This ain't no two dollars loans. Get too many? Texted me call you back? Take take you're gonna pick up jabout to let me call you back. Both of you niggas can't tell me to call you back. Yeah. I only got this amount of time, and I can't go perform to get this kind of money because that ain't straight money. I need straight here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So I have a meeting. Hey teen, what sidening? Nigga need to come up with woo woo who right now? What you got? What you got? What you got? Nigga? You eat what you kill? Everybody go kill something, get ten percent. I put to eat what you kill on your head. Hunt out. Got up to about that one phone call poop here, we're good now. Oh and then next door dude that own that My god, we've been using this lot parking over there? He getting up in age. I didn't have been over there. Fucking whin he threw at four times he said, I want to meet with snow dog. What's happening, snoop? I want to save you my building. I'm getting old. Make me off. It's yours now. I got them both. Wow, Look at God. Won't he do it? Won't he do it?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: But in the beginning, if I would have known better, I could have bought it for already, right right, come on the step for you.
Speaker 5: You helped the appreciation of the building, and.
Speaker 2: Then Inglewood to pay for it. Watch this, I'm there before the sofi was built. How about the mayor brings me in to show me the blueprints and we go to the stadium with the helmets on and all this ship and taking pictures before it's building or it's gonna look like this, it's gonna look like this, knowing it's getting raised make my projets price. But shout out to the mayor because he did all the things he was supposed to do to make sure that I was able to do the things I was supposed to do. So we did a lot of charitable events, a lot of things when we gave back to the community. And you know what I'm saying. He was there for me when it was time for me to build and do things in the community. He was always by my side and making sure that things could happen. That's incredible, bro. Yes sir, congratulations, Yeah, yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be remembered for so many, so many things, so many different things. What's the one thing that that's most important to you to be remembered for?
Speaker 2: My Snoop Youth Special Stars. I got the Snoop You Football League, which everybody knows about, but the Snoop Youth Special Stars. It's a program that we build for kids with disabilities and handicaps, and it's been going very successful for the past like six seven years. We throw them banquets, we take them out of town, we let them play different games. I mean they become so to speak, regular, because for many years, people wouldn't treat them regular. They would always hide them or put them away. Or my kid has disabilities and I don't really know how to you know, I don't know how you guys are gonna act if he shows out or he starts screaming, or he starts doing whatever he does. We got him in an environment now to where it's beauty because no one's ashamed anymore. And the kids get to have a great time. They get to play flag football, they get to have banquets, they get to dance, they get to paint, they get the party, they get to learn, they get to be regular, like there's no disabilities. They're regular, just like a regular kid has a regular good time. We're giving them a regular good time and that's my pride. And enjoy it because to see so many kids have a good time and smile like I cry when I go to those events because that ain't what I do it for it, but damn it feel good. It feel good to know that you can do something for some people and they really appreciate it. The thing that really hit me the artist was he was having a banquet, and so the Snoopy Special stories it is not just kids, it's people, but it's.
Speaker 1: The adults everybody.
Speaker 2: It's built for kids though, right. So we having the banquet, everybody dancing, kids dancing time of the clown out there getting it in. Yeah, yeah, having a good time. Yeah. They out there just in the boop of it, getting it in. So it's this one man, probably like seventy five years old. He grove it. He's dancing with the kids. So the music they like, Okay, okay, y'all, it's time to stop the music. We got to give out the awards, so they stop the music. Seventy five year old man still grow, still growing. Why did his wife come over to me and say, my husband ain't moved in ten years and you making him dance. M damn. That just hit my heart. Wow to see that old man being young again based off of something that I created for kids, and that was beautiful. That's what means the world to me is that the Snoopy Special stars because I'm giving some real hope to people, not only kids. But people, sorry for getting emotional, but that's that's just real. Don't get no. Rather than that, I really don't know. These glasses can't protect these tears, but it is what it is. Love for you.
Speaker 3: I love that, brother, I love that, and I just want to say, man, whatever you need from us, man, yeah, all away, we like to We like the guy making your clothes. We'll get there before you.
Speaker 5: Didn't know if you needed something, didn't know if you need something, your hands on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know, take out his football dreams. Man, So you might want to join the listen to football league.
Speaker 2: Man, Come on, man, ever you need. Man, I just need y'all to keep doing what y'all doing over here. Y'all inspire me to come drive out here and see y'all today because I wanted to be a part of something special and I think what y'all doing is special, you know what I'm saying. And we just we need to stay connected like this, like like this, like more people need to start doing this when they have a mutual love and respect for each other, to get together and talk about it and don't let it be about no negative all about love and appreciation and inspiration mea on them tissues. Thank all their crying, Y only got me crying.
Speaker 3: On Chi's a Joy a joy, Yes, Uh, that is truly the rn B side of Still We got that.
Speaker 2: Well. If you was watching the Voice, I cried a whole lot on that ship. I cried damn every week on the border sing this should always make me cry.
Speaker 3: My brother, we come to the part of the show where people they want to know your mind, they want to understand the music that is shaped and molded the snoop deal doublet you.
Speaker 2: My brother, will I'd like to say that this journey of music begins with me at fourteen or one East Gaviota Street. That would be the address for God Gotha Trinity Baptist Church, home of revenue, Handy T. Vining or Richard George Harris. The Flood music by Danny Preston, Angel Guy. We'll be doing an AB selection later this evening, but just to give you a dibble and dabble into my musical journey. Introduced to music at an early age, the sounds of gospel music, the sounds of R and B music, disco funk all penetrated my ears and eventually rested in my heart. To where I graduated to learning music, playing music, reciting my favorite songs, enjoying a new style of music presented in my teens by the name of hip hop. And literally I know that hip hop will take over my block NonStop and one day I would be at the top. Look how we rock. So from that to this, just in case you missed, I took all of my musical elements and I put them in a twist and I dug deep. I mean deep like the abyss so to keep it clean, to cleep it crisp, because I know this is something that you want to pay attention to, because you just don't want to miss the education, the elevation, the determination, the way I took my moves, created my own groove, made my own sound, made my own game. Dog pound World. We now how you like me? Now? Did that? Done that? Run that? Yeah? This is music from the mind, the body, the soul, and the spirit. Your top of the Deal, Double Jesse My Top five, R and B Top five, Top.
Speaker 7: Tops We got to know before you go small people?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah yeah? Top five Yes two plus three, yes eleven minus six Be sure to put some delay on my voice. Top five, Top five Top five.
Speaker 5: Rm B, Top five R and B singers, Come on, do they have.
Speaker 2: To be in order?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna go with top five R and B singers. We're gonna go with all right, We're gonna start with L. J. Reynolds from the Dramatics. Yeah, we're gonna slide him in there just because we're not playing no games. No, no, we're gonna slide in Donnie Hathaway.
Speaker 5: You might as well.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I'm talking about what it feels like, not what it looked like, what it feels like. I come on now, I can't leave Stevie help me. I just told you what these three words do to me. Man, When was the last time? Emotional? Very emotional? And then I'm gonna go deep on this one right here, right, I'm gonna go real deep on this one. Now, stay with me, now, stay with me. I'm gonna go with a reef. Yeah, go with a reef. Still with me now, that's the queen. Still with me now, and not a fifth voice. It's gonna hurt your feelings. Glad, it's night. I know it's unexpected. I know you thought I was gonna say him him here. Oh no, you on par Yeah, yeah, you yeah, come on, you see, Okay, we're playing with me. That's where I come from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got the history from me. Now it all makes sense. You're build a vultun you're super R and B artists, And what we're gonna need for that artist is vocals, performance style, styling of the artists, and the passion of the artists. Right, So if you got to get one vocal from the vocals of all time, what vocal are you going to grab to make your super R and.
Speaker 2: B artists mini mm hmmm, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: I want to be able to go way up there, way up the performance style on stage. James Brown, God damn, we're playing with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he do R and B fast love, He do everything, perform got performance styling, the drip of the artist.
Speaker 2: Select Rick. Huh that nigga drip dripping. You see how slick be dripped up what from the wallabes to even the patch imagine everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, niggas wasn't doing.
Speaker 2: He don't look outdated, he don't look old, he don't he look right now. No matter when you see him, he always look right now.
Speaker 1: He's relevant at all times.
Speaker 2: That's what that artist would have to be. He would he can't, he can't look nostalgia. He gotta look now. But he can sound or her, He or her can sound as we're building this super bowls. The passion of the artist heard of?
Speaker 5: Who mean it?
Speaker 2: Tupac? Mm hmm, yeah, that might be.
Speaker 1: The passion of Tupac.
Speaker 2: That might be the coldest passionate because he wrote Brenda got a baby, Keep your head up, dear mama, a R and B song. Those are R and B songs. Those aren't rap songs. Those are R and B songs. And he meant every word of it. Keep your head up to the black woman.
Speaker 1: From my understanding, that's Dave Holland, that's a ball things. Keep your head up and and.
Speaker 2: And dear mama, Come on, man, we're playing with me. You good at what you do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And no, no no, And who gonna and who's gonna be the who's gonna be the one rap feature on this album?
Speaker 2: Hm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna spit that ship for that artist?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. I'm gonna put him out of retirement. Andre three foul h Yeah, I gotta stop playing with stupid, you know.
Speaker 3: Listen dray Bipe comes through with his flute on first way with many rippletons that way, you never know.
Speaker 2: He got an option, got options?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we got another. Yeah, come on take him to church sheep.
Speaker 5: Ain't saying no nicks, ain't saying no names. I ain't saying no names, ain't saying no name for you?
Speaker 2: Was we was weird? What you need do sh' saying no names? Louja?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we got the special segment of the show will you tell us a story? Funny and fucked up? Are funny and fucked up? The only rule to the game snoop dog. Can't say no name.
Speaker 2: Can't say no name, no names. Okay. Oh, So, once upon a time, these particular individuals was on the tour bus and they did a concert in Minnesota. And after the concert, they had some shooby doobies come to the dressing room. So they've fallen in looking good, smelling good. One particular shoeby Doobie has a small disability, not big, just small like she has this part of her arm is missing, but she ain't tripping. She in'tre having a good time. So now it goes from backstage to the tour bus. So now we're on the tour bus and we smeeze oak and baby with the one and a half, like, let me roll up something. So we're like, how you gonna do that? So she grabbed that motherfucker with the other half and go ahead and put the old one hand down and roll him on up and get it together. So now we're blowing me. I was oking. So a particular celebrity is sitting next to her, so he enjoyed the moments with her. It's like thirty minutes then went by. So now he wants to get fresh with her because she's pretty. She's pretty, she's a pretty girl. He puts his hand on her leg and she hits him with that good arm, and he says, bitch, you've been in here smoking up all my homeboy weed and you don't want to give me nothing. Get your one arm ass out of here. Proceeded to take her on and walked out, Yes, yes, yes, and walk her out casually escorted her out.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I'm so impressed, she wrote. We there was no stoppage in production. She kept the roll flowing, said how are you going to do.
Speaker 2: That if you don't put that in cartoon? And they just look like something do this all the time, brother Snoop.
Speaker 1: So you're saying this has been my favorite interview, but I'll tell you why. I'll give you context.
Speaker 6: My favorite rapper growing up that you for real, Snoop Like, I'm from the bab Man, I'm from California. Yeah, Snoop Dog, Snoop Doggie Dog my favorite rapper.
Speaker 2: How old was you in ninety three?
Speaker 6: Fourteen? Okay, I was fourteen, but I was already off the porch. No, but you know, I mean, I'm on for a bullshit too.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm but fourteen and Snoop Doggy Dog at nineteen were close. Yes, I'm who you could be. Yeah, I could actually be who you could be. Yeah, it's touchable, it's believable. I get that.
Speaker 1: And you was a flying nigga. Yeah that's the other part, bro. So for me this interview, But the Bays.
Speaker 2: Influenced a lot of that thing. You know that, right? Yeah? I didn't tell you all this, right. So when Tupac come to death Row, he like, nigga, you gotta step your fly up, nigga, you gotta get your hair done, your nails dead nigga. Like the players in the bay. Nigga, Wow, oh that's when you see me start flipping it. And when we walked when we did the two of America's Most Warning video, he specifically said, nigga like, Nigga, I ain't got no hair, Nigga, lay your ship down. Nigga like you know what I'm saying. Kicking off with that, yeah, because he had a vision of knowing like he was way ahead of us. We was just artists. He was a superstar. You see what I'm saying. That's just the truth. You know, he probably wasn't a big ass superstar, but he was a superstar as far as knowing and understanding what it takes to be a star. He had been in movies, he had been on setting and he knew that death Rod was big. But it was certain things that we was doing that he helped us get great at, like spontaneous making music and putting shit out and just he taught us that he got. He gave us a different spirit on working and like studio time became valuable when he was there before, it was just like niggas in there nine hours. Now it's like a nigga pob coming up here looking to work whoever in their bulls shoodn't got to get out or either he got a studio locked up for twelve hours, and Snoop got up one locked up for twelve hours. So it's got to be what y'all making while y'all in here, right, And as I move with death row now his spirit is all in me, like that's how I move. I don't wait. I used to wait. I used to just wait til we make a record with me and me, and you make a record, me and Tank gonna listen to it three weeks in a row before we can get to another song, because it's so good. This shit is so dope. Well, Tupac Nigga, we on song sixteen right now, we're real Yeah, Well you niggas is listening to songs they making, He said. The engineer's job is to listen to it. That ain't my job, makes sense.
Speaker 1: Right, everybody got everybody, everybody has a function.
Speaker 2: Engineer job is just straighten all this shit out, Like we've fallen in love with the record. What we're doing, get to the next one. The next one may be better than that one.
Speaker 1: So many legendary moments, and.
Speaker 2: We got more to make. We're not done. We thank you, appreciate you, and let everybody know missionaries and missionary Yeah, yeah, yeah. We got a couple of visual pieces that's coming out real soon to accompany the record. But the mini movie is out right now on YouTube if you want to check that out. Nice little mini movie to set up the project. But this is one of those long running things where it's not a come and go, it's a stay forever and we're gonna take our time like we always do when we drop projects. What people don't understand is that they never just come out. They always lay out it's a layout for this particular single, and then that one rides for months, and then another one comes and rides for months, and then by the time you get to the end of the year, you're like, damn, that albums banging like a motherfucker. That's my ship. That's my ship. This is my ship. So that's what we're on right now. We're trying to feed you this full course meal because we realize the industry spends so used to eating microwave meals. Yeah yeah, quick meals with.
Speaker 1: The man with the cookbook himself the yeah yeah, what's the name of the cookbook.
Speaker 2: From crook to cook. Yeah, believe you do know that. Number one. You ain't got no spread recipe in that. Yeah, a baloney. I got a baloney sandwich with barbecue tator chips. And and what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: When does the documentary come out?
Speaker 2: Because you showed me a trailer the Death Row documentary.
Speaker 1: When does that coming?
Speaker 2: It's a fourth part series. It should be coming out in the next I say, ninety days. Trying to get one more and we get to see it. I'm gonna have a you know, I'm gonna have a screen of y'all. You know, y'all get it earlier than that. Just trying to get this last interview and then I'm done. But everything else is in place. It feels good, it looks good. It's the truth, and it's from a perspective that hasn't been told yet. Yeh, from the Death Row artists and the creators and the originators of the label. You know, speaking and positivity, not bashing and pulling nobody down. This is not one of those attack or kicking Moley down documentaries. This is all about what we went through those first five years on Death Row. I'm excited on deathro film and It's directed by Antoine Food Quad the Death Row Pictures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to Antoine.
Speaker 2: Heavyweight. It's deep if when I watch it, certain moments fuck me up because I'm like, how the fuck you get that footage? Like I'm seeing myself and like I don't remember that, Like it's it's shipped in there, like real ship in there, Like how the fun did you get this footage? Man of who was filming? Because we wasn't friendly with cameras back.
Speaker 1: Then, like so you didn't even remember them being around exactly.
Speaker 2: Some of the foot that you see this nigga fel when it's like, I don't even you could tell I don't. I'm not I'm not a camera friendly at all at all. Like I'm either camera shy or not camera friendly either one of the too. The shit is deep, I can't. Yeah, coming soon to a hood near you, Yeah yeah, oh yeah. I got an animated movie too, called a Doghouse that's coming out. I'm gonna show you aall the trailer to that, so y'all can see that. So it's based off of Doggy Style the album. You know what I'm saying. It's like the thirtieth anniversary remake, like what I didn't do when I had the album, what I would have done if I had the album. I'm like, it's so animated with the cover and all of this shit, Like this is the way we reintroduce Doggy Style to the young generation who don't know about it, right, you know what I'm saying. Those who do know gonna fucking love everyone when they hear the genn and Juice and hear this song and see rage and see all the homies in there doing that shit. But the people that don't know, it's gonna be like a brand new, fucking animated Snoop Dogg movie with new music. And I own the music, of course.
Speaker 1: Because you own all the original masters from Death Row.
Speaker 2: To Doggy Style. Dog Father Murder was the case dog Food above the rim h, a couple of other compilation albums, Christmas on Death Row. That's all the classic album and all of the new ship that I got. But I just feel like the new Ship is accompanying the foundation by adding more floors and adding more layers to the level of execution that we created. Yeah, yep, my is a motherfucker right now. Yeah, we're getting drunk. We are there shall I do a drop, I'm gonna close out because I am closed, all right. This is Snoop Dogg and you're on R and B Money.
Speaker 3: And this has been the R and B Money podcast, the authority on all things R and B and we have been blessed and honored the man, the man himself, a man with favor, man called to do special things.
Speaker 2: It is exactly what he's doing. What we're gonna call tonight's edition of the show the rang because remember I had an album called It's the Orange Gentlemen. It's Snoop.
Speaker 6: R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show and you you can connect with us on social media at Jay Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, forward Slash, R and B Money