Speaker 1: Well, well, well, the nil suddenly look mortal and Anthony Edwards appears to be immortal, and we've got a ton of great playoff basketball to discuss with our very own super producer podcaster Churtless Jerry Davis.
Speaker 2: On today's episode, I'm Miles Gray and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is magic three.
Speaker 1: Got it that?
Speaker 3: Luka doncic it's ten o k. There you go be driving spinning.
Speaker 4: The block's got it with five?
Speaker 3: Who's gonna try another three? Mister? Look on James to be honest, what the tas? Look out little shirt time? What you got?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: First episode? Free? Yeah I am free Mile.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was gonna say, yeah, freedom for you, Yes you are, Yes, And welcome Tobari, Welcome to the couchment this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, what do you want to watch today?
Speaker 4: Should we?
Speaker 1: Let's let's turn on the I guess well, as we record this, Oklahoma City and the MAVs are having their first game series. I mean, yeah, they were two and two against each other during the regular season and split games on each court, so, you know, seemingly very even. But I'm wondering. I know we were talking a little bit before what we think of this matchup. Jack, You're definitely incentivized.
Speaker 3: To I'm incentivized for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Yes, he's incentivized. That's all you need, folks.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm just as Just watching the MAVs close out their series of the Clippers, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, they might they might have something there too. The MAVs are the hot pick, They're the sexy pick among pickers. They are they the favorite? They're not the favorite, I don't think, but I think it's very close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it feels like. Jabari, how are you looking at the series? You are you leaning one way? I mean I think earlier I was saying, I I think I like the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: First, I believe that because of what is happening in hip hop, Canadian players are wobbling right now.
Speaker 3: So Lou Dort, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: That matchup with Luca could look cool, But I believe you're born in Montreal. Shake Gills is Alexander, I believe you're also Canadian.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't like their spirit. I mean, look what happened to Jamal. You know Jamal Murray has also we'll get to that series in a second. But that is my hair brained theory that has no science behind it. It's pure conjecture and it's responsible.
Speaker 3: It just feels so scientific.
Speaker 1: Science's advanced science. It's called West Coast science, you know what I mean. This is where where aggrieved West Coasters can find someone to take out their collective frustration on.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know. I mean I think I think it could be really close. I just personally my my fa the Mavericks because of the second Like, I'm just glad that the Nuggets Wolves series didn't like start the day that we were about to record something, so I wasn't like on there, you know, making any predictions because like that, I think we're learning it's so matchup based, right, like what happens, And I mean, I just the thing I'm saying about the Nuggets and Wolves is obviously I would have picked that the Wolves would win the first two the second game by twenty to thirty points on the road, because I just wouldn't want people It just sounds like a lot of pressure because then everybody would assume that like I'm the Nostradamis of the.
Speaker 1: NBA exactly, And after the shellacking the Lakers got, I would have projected that Jamal Murray would be a minus thirty eight in the series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have predicted that.
Speaker 4: I would have because but to Jack's point, you're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 5: It's all matchup based, like we can look at, we can look get and and truthfully, we can pretty much throw out what took place in a regular season because you're not catching teams on the you know, back end of a you know, three games out of four days and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody's going to be ready.
Speaker 5: When I look at the Mavericks and okay, see my heart, uh you know, actually I'll start with my head. My head tells me the Mavericks is going to take this because I you know, like when I think of two teams are somewhat evenly matched, I look for who's the best player in the series, and I've got that as and I've got that as Luca. No disrespect to Shay, you know, he had an MVP type you know season this year, but I would still give that advantage to Luca.
Speaker 4: So really what it boils down to is, you know, who are the other guys that.
Speaker 5: Are going to make the difference. I mean, you pretty much know you expect, you know what to expect out of Kyrie and Shaye. But I'm looking at guys like Jalen Williams and PJ. Washington as X factors in this matchup, like truly, and I know that's not you know, groundbreaking analysis, but you know, this feels like the matchup that someone like that is going to swing it.
Speaker 3: I like Jalen Williams in that matchup between those two. I don't know, man, Loud Lou dort Lou, don't I like him. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good about the Okay. See, I think you know, I think it's I don't think it's very clear.
Speaker 1: I think at this point, I'm just gonna rely on my West Coast biases to take me away to a place called uh inaccuracy and pure emotion.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see how its. So you're riding with Mavericks over okay. See because of the Kendrick Drake beef. Yes, yes, oh, purely be purely based off of that.
Speaker 1: I'm taking energy from a completely unrelated industry and field and transposing it onto the NBA and saying this is what the universe.
Speaker 3: This is how the universe is bending currently. It feels like these are both two teams that their main their achilles heel is they don't have enough size, but the fact that they're going against each other gives them one more round where they can, you know, look like normal NBA teams. And then who knows, but the Wolves and the Nuggets are seen. Those guys. Those guys are big big, Those guys big, real big. Yeah. Oh well, so growing big up there in Minnesota. Oh yeah, they do, they do. Do they even have one player that's a local? I'm not even sure. Oh yeah, definitely every NBA team. I assume all their players are local.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Oh, I mean that people always do lists like that, were like who wins team l A, team like Bay Area.
Speaker 3: L A would dominate. I mean, it's crazy. We were just looking because I was trying to, you know, in preparation for the eulogy for my sexers. I was looking at Melton and I was like, oh, he also from l A, from the great Los Angeles. Shut up. This series could go any direction. I'm totally not I don't feel confident in any of my picks other than that it would be cool if ok see one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then you're saying and so moving on because I think whoever goes on to face the winner of this next series, it's going to be very difficult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he seems feel like beyond the Celtics, they would be the favorite to win the title. Whoever wins this next series. NuGet Timberwolves, Timberwolves. Yeah. So game one and man, it was like, wow, this is going to be a war.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, complete total dominant. What do you put it, like forty three points? Yeah, it was obscene. It was obscene to watch. And you know, Jabari we were talking a little bit before. I was like, I'm not that it's any kind of flash in the pan moment. I'm like, is he just on a hot streak or is this Anthony Edwards proclaiming to the world that he is in fact here and he is ready to just be that guy again.
Speaker 4: You're right, we were talking about it. I think he's absolutely here. You know. Now he'll go out in game three and of course have a you.
Speaker 5: Know, have a bad game, and people will listen and say like, oh, well, those guys on mad Lucius didn't know what the hell they were talking about.
Speaker 3: But they don't. Nobody cares. Nobody cares about the show. We're pretty clear about the fact that we're he did, so you don't have to worry. You're you're in with the dumb dumbs Jabbari. Nobody don't bet your money on our picks except for check except for yeah, except for my off season picks based on seeing a single highlight of chet. Yeah, I don't want to play money.
Speaker 4: I do think that Minnesota has figured out this. You know this mix. I mean even in Game two they didn't even have go Beer in the mix.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I know that he was criticized for missing a game again, people will say whatever, but you know what, family first, and I get it. Plus, hey, look their defense got even better without them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, Gilbert is like that kid's going to be there when you get done. Hey, look, I've had two children being there for the childbirth is over ray. Hey man, I think that's cool that he was able to do that.
Speaker 1: I missed the birth of my son to go get a basketball autocraft by skip skip to Malu at foot Action UH in downtown LA.
Speaker 3: And it was it was worth it. Yeah, it was worth it. It was a headache. Was there too.
Speaker 1: AO all the A one people, I was like, I told I told my partner, I was like, I gotta get down there.
Speaker 3: But one was like, a wow, the Wolves are here. They're like serious, They're going to be able to make this a series with a team that I think a lot of people were probably expecting. Not me, obviously, I knew that they were gonna win both the first two games, but a lot of people were expecting Nuggets five, like five games. Nuggets in five, maybe Nuggets in six would have been generous. Game one were like, wow, ant is here. The Wolves are serious. After that game, I don't know anybody who was prepared for Game two, just being pure Dominash. Yeah, and they're just absolutely I don't know. I did not, And you could tell that the Nuggets felt it early on, like they just looked dejected. Coach Malone was on his mind. Yeah, he lost himself in the moment the music. Yeah, you know, we were saying his on off numbers weren't great. Well, you have to keep in mind, when he's off, he's still contributing by throwing heatpacks onto the court. So that's wild.
Speaker 1: What kind of what kind of reverberations do you think that's going to have, Like what's the worst sort of penalty.
Speaker 3: That he could face? I think a suspension? How many? Probably one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he threw a talel and a heat pack. It's like the talent didn't reach its intended destination and the heat pack didn't either. But that does not seem like that ends well considering that the league is looking into that.
Speaker 3: It did make me, uh kind of realized that if I was an NBA player, I would be doing stuff like that all the time. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah of the thing where he's filled the drink to like stop, yeah, and like it. When that happened, I also was like, man, how do they not do this every time? Like because I'm such a like you know, I scream things like when I'm in my home, Like when when that shot went up from heart to like beat the sixth way, it was tie game. Heart gets an open look. He's been killing us all series. We had like friends staying with us. They're in the kitchen. I'm in the other room and I'm just like no, no, no, no, Like they like came in to check on me. Yeah, they thought you were like you caught fire or something. My kids are coming in being like, what is wrong is Max? No, No, we're fine. It's fine. It's we're fine. We're fine. It's it's it is what it was. But yeah, I mean again like Cat nas Reid, My goodness. Look, Kat is playing much better than I ever thought. Like Game one he was really strong like that, you know, there's the cat things that where he has like lapses here and there, but just much better offensively than I thought I would see in a playoff series. And then Game two he is even better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what this running from Cat reminds me of honestly, twenty twenty Anthony Davis win Final. He was no longer on his own team, no longer having to carry the load, no longer having to be the guy in every way, and you just focus on playing basketball and suddenly he, you know, you be, put up his statistical best, best year of his career. I'm not necessarily saying the Cat's going to do that, but to you know, to your point, he looks like he's at peace. He looks like he's just playing at ease. And that's a dangerous that's a scary thing if you're if you're facing these Simberwolves.
Speaker 3: Former UK Wildcats with a prominent eyebrow, you know, like exactly, it's all there, It's all there. I would say, I would say that this is more out of the blue. Anthony Davis was always thought to be, like have the potential to be one of the better players in the league, like prior prior to that run. Sure, maybe maybe I've just been an underestimating cat, but uh yeah, this has been fun and it really does seem to come back to Anthony Edwards. Uh just nobody saw this coming for him, this long after e R's run ended. I'm gonna doctor joke for as long as he is in the NBA.
Speaker 6: For our younger listeners, they're like, what are they Okay, he's got like Michael Jordan in two years and I'm still gonna be making Anthony Edwards from E R T from R. They Yeah, it's a I'm he's like he's doing he's doing the MJS shrug, he's flexing on the crowd.
Speaker 1: He's just got, he's got. I'm absolutely uh invested in in him right now. Like I just and by that as a Laker fan, I mean like, come home, Anthony, come home.
Speaker 3: He's not He's not from LA right you just mean come home in terms of every great player. And the best thing I saw about him was somebody who went to high school with him was like, you never saw him walking through the hallway without a different beautiful woman under each arm or I guess girls once its high school. But yeah, yeah, that's Christmas. He's got he's got the riz as we don't really as we say as old people who try to sound like young people, say this.
Speaker 5: Somewhat to that point, I feel like we spent the year asking, you know, openly, like, okay, we got to kind of having a change in of the guard. Who's going to be the face of the league. We you know, we threw a bunch of names out there, and Anthony Edwards just told you all.
Speaker 4: No, it's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Just also that the defense and gin I just as someone who watched that Lakers series, I'm like, wow, So that's what it looks like when players buy into what the coach is saying, yeah and like really executing to the letter of the law. That then I'm like, okay, so I'm taking notes. Uh, they have a coach that is yeah they are Yeah, And again, like to your point about the twenty twenty Lakers. They're defending Jokic like the twenty twenty Lakers too, which somehow the Lakers of now couldn't remember that. That's well, I mean, I guess Darbnham couldn't remember. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We just we're lacking. We're lacking the depth, we're lacking the size. It's all the scheme is. With the Lakers, it was Dwight javail on Jokic with a d helping, And with the Wolves it's Cat and nas on ball with Golbert helping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even when even when Gobert was out, it's like they still this is my thing, do you I part of me to just center the Lakers again asparta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was like how do we make this about the Lakers?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, And I will tell you why.
Speaker 1: I believe that they had to, Like by beating the Lakers, it psychologically set them up to say, because we were the last stop for them to go to the finals last year, and I think they were like, we've overcome this team, and I we're probably in a good place. I don't because some people are like, oh, they're just washed. It's like the NFL or you know, you like the one team next one years. You doesn't have it together the next season.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just seems there's like a level of frustration that you're seeing from the Nuggets that feels.
Speaker 3: Like a bit I don't know, like they were really expecting things. You're expecting it to go the other way. It also just seems like Murray is a step slow. He's very frustrated, and we really see a massive difference in this team, like anding Yokichen and everything when he's not like it. Just that is the thing that unlocked everything, which I guess we knew that about the NBA, Like having somebody who is a knockdown shooter who can get his own shot and knockdown ridiculous shots is a shot making is the name of the game? Is the thing that I say, because I'm really smart, I disagree.
Speaker 1: I think it all boils down to how many Canadians you have on your team. That's right, and that's my own analysis, and that's called West West.
Speaker 3: Y'all all right, should we go to a break and come back with the new the hottest segment in basketball podcasting in Memoriam Dearly.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and it's time to send a few more teams to the big court in the sky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, made Park.
Speaker 1: I think now, although each team fought valiantly, we're going to need the Clippers to step right up first the low Clipper Nation. So I mean it feels like the Clippers remain on an endless time loop that consists of off season positivity, optimism, media and fans alike a great run in December or January, only to wind.
Speaker 3: Up in the same position each postseason.
Speaker 1: Put Simply building around several players that have routinely been injured at the end of the year might not be the best of options.
Speaker 3: Any notes on that eulogy, get that? Yeah, I mean I wouldn't know anything about building a team around several players that have routinely been injured at the end of the year. So yeah, I just I can't do anything but sit here and feel sorry for Clippers fans. Yeah that must stink. Yeah. No, I did not appreciate the way Kawhi just decided to spite me and not play well in the playoffs. After I you heard what you said, you heard My big pre playoffs note was watch out for the Kauhi guy. Yeah, last year, you know he was a little bit hurt. He's best player in the league for two games. It's uh, I don't know. I wanted to see them do well. I was pulling for the Clippers and they once again, you know, it's just a it's not they didn't match up well. But uh, I don't I don't think they were beating many people. They It seems like not a hopeful situation for this too, thought Jack.
Speaker 5: I think what you're the words you're looking for is clips, going clip and see you guys next year for the same exact thing.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those weren't what I was trying to say, but go ahead, Well it felt like it. It felt like that's where I was going.
Speaker 1: Lakers fans, That's what That was a lot.
Speaker 3: That was a lot, uh Jack? Would you like to step up to the lectern? Not really, but okay. The Philadelphia seventy six ers, speaking of teams built around players who are routinely injured, at the end of the year, we have reached the time of the year where I can officially take a deep breath and contemplate whether I want to take this ride ever again with these Sixers.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 3: We found we found our other star in Tyrese Maxey. But maybe it's time to tear it all down around MBT M Maxi and rework the supporting cast yet again, I've seen the list of people who are going to be available. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe it's time to tear it all down around Maxi only oh oh, send the big fella wherever he'd like to go. So it's I wish I could say it was a fun ride, but yeah, it was more of the same and a little bit good pointing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rest peach Jabari any other comments for these Philadelphians.
Speaker 5: I can't, I can't like pour this on no man, I feels mans I do not even just yet.
Speaker 4: I got Buddy on I got Buddy on Twitter. It's saying the same thing.
Speaker 5: He every year tells me this is their year, and every year I have to tell them it's not going to be.
Speaker 4: But I'll see you at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, but see this time Embiid was hurt. If he was not hurt this time, then we would have been we would have won the championship exactly. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, Like I think it might be time to experiment with radical things like maybe he doesn't play for the first half of the season or the first half of games. I don't know. This schedule does not work, it turns out. But he's he's great. I appreciate the opportunity to get to root for him. It's just the playoff frustration feels like it's not going any anywhere for a while.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well. That brings us to the Orlando Magic. And we wanted to give Orlando's offense the benefit of the doubt after their shooters caught fire following Game two. But just when they needed to seal the deal, their trio of Paolo France and Suggs combined to go just thirteen of sixty four in an elimination game in which they had an eighteen point lead at one point.
Speaker 3: Tragic stuff.
Speaker 1: And now come to Klay Thompson or Bradley Beal, rumors that are likely to be a large part of this summer's discussion.
Speaker 3: And I may already be exhausted by them. But thank you, or you gave us something, You gave us something that was It was a good It was a good run.
Speaker 4: It was a good run.
Speaker 3: I gotta say. By the way he mentions like Paolo Franz Suggs combination is like like ninety percent of those makes were Paolo, Like the front Suggs combination was yeah, yeah, well that was really dire when you get down to that met I enjoyed watching the magic. They are like a you know, they're just a very unique team. It was almost like watching a different sport when they're out there, because their offense is yeah, their offenses as we've described, their defense is a weapon, like their defense is their offense. There they get turnovers in ways that I've not seen NBA teams get turnovers, just like ripping you right when you come across the court. Apparently Sugs is even better than this usually and was like a little bit hampered by injuries. They were fun. It was like I love having a team that has a super specific identity in the playoffs like along the Way. And I actually would have liked to see them go against the Celtics because I think they would have made the Celtics somewhat uncomfortable and made it at least, like, I don't know, painful for the Celtics to roll on for the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 5: I don't want this to sound disrespectful, you know, because I'm not in any way saying they're like a high school level team. But to you know, to the point you just made about their defense, it seems as though, you know, you remember, like a great high school defense, how we can impact the game.
Speaker 4: It felt more like that. Yeah, honestly, if you give them just a couple.
Speaker 5: More competent offensive players, I think the match are going to be right in the mix next year. Maybe not you know, title contenders, but you know, still be top of the Eastern Conference and pushing teams.
Speaker 3: But Clay and Bradley Beal are not it. I don't know. I don't know who we're looking at here. That's the I gotta I gotta take another look at these free agents and off season tradeables and you know, signables, because that wouldn't do it, I don't think, and.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I have to go, and I hate to do that in the most professional way in the middle of the podcast recording, but thank you, this is not a bit I do have to run because I have a family gathering that I got to get to. But I will be back next to and I you're you're in good hands with Jack and Jabbari.
Speaker 3: The stuff we're gonna say about you after you're gone. Believe stuff? Is he for real? His camera is still on. He's just back there, Taco Bell. He's trying to do that. Baby is going to be there tomorrow. Miles family.
Speaker 1: I turned out, I go, but my camera's on. I'm just rehearsing a TikTok dance. I'm trying to get down really good.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, let's see, all right, my Miles Jabari. Time has come to talk about the Bucks. Milwaukee a technical hometown.
Speaker 4: Even though I grew up in Los Angeles, I was born in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: There you go. So do you want to take this one?
Speaker 4: Sure? The Bucks?
Speaker 5: What more can I say? Wouldn't wish the job on anybody? I mean except Doc Rivers.
Speaker 4: He's the one guy would wish his job on.
Speaker 3: Well, he's a hero, he is. I mean, it was brave. It was brave when he came through and took that job over.
Speaker 4: Are they still giving out like purple? No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think the military can technically give it to him, but it's definitely I'm just gonna say it was under discussion in the Pentagon.
Speaker 4: I can see why. I mean, you know, Milwaukee they still have.
Speaker 5: They still got Yannis and Dame under contract, But no word on the whether the travel party or the team managers or any of the you know, just just driver, yeah, bus driver, anybody else, anyone can get it. When it comes to Doc Rivers, no word on whether they're you know, what their future holds. And you know, it's interesting because you know, before the show you talked about you asked whether Doc was coming back, And the more I think about it, it's like, well, what the hell else is he gonna do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll be back and we'll be right here again next year, and.
Speaker 3: We'll be right here feeling sorry for him again. I mean, having to coach yannas Jannis, like it's not even how you pronounced g yeah, yeah, yeah, what. Yeah, It'll be interesting to see what happens to them, Johanna's Dame, and then who knows after that. But yeah, I mean, Darryl Morey was like, it's going to be a teardown around MBT M MAXI basically at his postseason press conference, and Doc has said the same thing about the support staff and the bus drivers and everything else.
Speaker 5: And that's why I'm going to buy yourself more time. Yeah, walk and tear it down. You're automatically given another year or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Eastern Conference Celtics, Calves. I don't have a ton of hope that this one's going to be super competitive. Any glimmers of hope here.
Speaker 5: Jabari, Honestly no, like I would like to lie to you and say that, yeah, I could see the Calves, you know, pulling this off. And while I'm not going to say they're going to get swept or anything like that, because you know they they are. You know, when they get it going, they can be effective. I just can't see them winning, you know, four out of seven against his team, not you know, high level analysis.
Speaker 4: One team's just better than the other.
Speaker 5: And even with porzingis probably or likely out for this round, I still.
Speaker 4: Look at what Boston has and I just don't see you away from Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think everybody's kind of counting the Celtics, like just putting the Celtics in the finals, and the other series Knicks Pacers, I don't know, Like again, I don't foresee either of these teams able to defeat the Celtics. The Knicks are tough, at least of the remaining teams in the Eastern Conference. I feel like the Knicks probably have the best chance.
Speaker 5: What do you think, I think that's gonna be the best series, like of the Eastern Conference as Celtics and Knicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we will eagerly await that, assuming that the Knicks are able to win three more. They did win Game one. Jalen Brunson fourth straight forty point performance by a six foot guard Ishah yeah, six foot ish guard is unbelievable. Like his ability to the ball in is truly I mean he's the man and then yeah, the villanova like Josh Hart Evencenzo thing. It's really wild because like I remember watching them in school and being like, man, these guys are good. Like I feel like Brunson was one of those. I remember having this with Embiid two where like Brunson looked awesome in college, but like he didn't necessarily look like a pro, you know, because he's a little bit smaller and it's not like blinding speed or anything like that. And I remember having that with embiid where like watching the Wigans game where it was like Wiggans versus Jabbari, like that that game is like these are the guys who are gonna be the best and like watching him being like embiid is gonna be incredible, right, and everyone's like yeah, I mean maybe, but yeah, I don't know it. It's like the thing that you always imagine, like a good college team. It's like all these guys are gonna stay together in the pros. They're gonna be best friend. But it's like somehow working for them. It's a fun story.
Speaker 5: Team chemistry is a real thing, and when you have effective guys that are you know, also friends, yeah we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was never going to work out for me and my buddies, but we thought it would. All right, should we go to one more break and then come back and do the rapid fire. There's one question on here. I really like, all right, we'll be right back, and we're back, and oh, super producer Jabbari, you have entered the rapid fire round of questioning and we're just gonna do one question because we we've answered all these other questions. We had a guest bail last second, so just a little peak behind the curtain. So that's what's what's going on here. We're not going to say names, but we are going to do a single rapid fire round of questioning question that I liked so much. It comes from our discord from Charlie Xavier on the discord or Charlie Javieer, depending on how accurately you want me to pronounce it. But the question is, so, the Tom Brady roast just happened as we're recording. This a big success for a lot of people, and Charlie's wondering Lebron is the obvious choice. Shack is a roast regular, but with the release of the Tom Brady Roast, I'm wondering if we're going to see more live athlete roasts on Netflix and what NBA stars they would want to target. Just tossing this out because it might make a good lightening round question someday. What player would you want to see a roast of? Charlie today? Is that day? It's a good lightning round question right now, Well done, very good question. So Lebron is the obvious choice and feels like the one that we would be most likely to get. Lebron or staph Yes, and those would both be bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know nobody wants to say anything about like an old timer.
Speaker 3: You know you're roasting a brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unless it's Shack, because folks for whatever, well for a lot of different reasons, feel like, yeah, I can give him the business. Yeah, but you know, all a guy like that, it's like, yeah, what are you gonna say? Hey, family guy? Hey, you know you look like you have a healthy family.
Speaker 4: Cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just feels like it wouldn't be that fun. But then again, Tom Brady didn't seem like it would have been that fun, and they just I think they like gave three subjects that were off limits and then just went to town just body shots on everything else. So maybe it would be fun no matter who we pick. Charles Barkley, I feel like, would also be sort of an obvious pick in the same vein as Shack, being kind of a roast regular. Who are you thinking I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna steal Miles's answer? And you know what, since he's not here, that's what you get, Miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what you get. Miles. Nice. Try should have stuck around.
Speaker 5: I want give me Draymond and you know what, I'm gonna be careful here. But for one, I think he would be a good sport about it and.
Speaker 4: Really get into it. But then there's also the flip side. What if he's not. They give me that too. Yeah, we've seen what he can do. It's gonna be entertaining, you know either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I would enjoy that. I think, I mean, if you could get Jordan, which you can't, but that would be interesting. We know, we saw the last Dance. We know that he takes things personally that are not remotely insulting to anyone besides him, So it would be I feel like we would watch a man walk out of a room with like a list of thirty lives to ruin. But I don't know. I think that would be a lot of fun personally.
Speaker 5: Mike would take his boot cuts off to expose some fresh sports yeah, and say, everybody line up, let's go.
Speaker 3: I would just want to see them roast his wardrobe like that would be just fun enough on its tone. All right, Jabari, we did it. We we rapid fired one question. We're at the end of the show. We are ready, So I guess we didn't do picks on the on the series. But who do you like? MAVs? Okay, See, like I.
Speaker 5: Said, my heart, shoot, my head is telling me the MAVs. But I'm gonna go with my heart here and you want to know why I am a shameless corporate shill. Yeah, and it benefits this show if OKAC continues to be successful.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right, let me get okay, see in that series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's pretty pretty straightforward. Do you like the Wolves? Do you think the Wolves are gonna do it?
Speaker 4: And I will admit I did not have them before the series.
Speaker 5: Now that we've seen two games, yes, you know, I've seen what they did on the road in those two games, really setting the tone.
Speaker 4: I believe the Wolves are gonna take that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we're both aligned there, Nicks over Pacers.
Speaker 5: Nick's over Pacers. I hope it's a good series. I hope it's a better series, and I'm anticipating this for some reason. This just feel this feels like one of those four to one, maybe four two, you know, Nick series. But I would definitely take you know, a seven gamer that would be fantastic.
Speaker 4: Still got the Knicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this is one where I might have picked the Pacers before game one, and I might still. I'm gonna pick the Pacers just to go wild, even though they're down one to oh at the stage. I just I think they have a lot of offensive firepower. Unfortunately, I think they're gonna be an easier team for the Celtics to play, but I do think that they have a pretty good shot in that series. And then I'm going Calves over Celton now Celtics.
Speaker 5: I was like, well that that is definitely one and you know what, all of you know what? We do have someone else and shout out to this guy forgot his name off Ham, but he's in our discord.
Speaker 4: He picked Calves in.
Speaker 3: Five calves and five calves and five why.
Speaker 4: You know, not at that level with him, but I appreciate his confident.
Speaker 3: I mean, a man after my own heart or a woman I don't know. All right, that is going to do it. For this episode of Miles and Jack got mad Boosties Jabari, Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: I'm easy at Jabari Davis NBA. Make sure you follow Miles at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. You can follow me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien, and you can find boost Y's stuff at hashtag mad boost E's Mad b s t I E s for show links updates, and you can now join the conversation on discord You can submit questions for the Rapid Fire Round of Questioning. Just go to hashtag Mad Boosties on Twitter. You can find the discord link to join the discord. You can submit questions for the Rapid Fire Round of Questioning. All that good stuff. That is another one in the books. Haha ah he said we couldn't do it, but that's episode one twelve where the players dwell, you know, there we go, bye bye,