Speaker 1: He's the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is February eighteenth, twenty twenty five, and we are sixty five days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller time. We got Zach Wolchuck Bryant brought us Fotch Lombardy. Bobby Belt in the back right here with Chris Beaman the back, but Bobby Belt's also in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what am I gonna be at?
Speaker 4: You're just identifying me as like second classes? Now you're just se he's back there.
Speaker 2: You're now I do We're about to leave.
Speaker 4: I like heavn I'm to leave. I got to cover these coaches, man. I gotta figure out who Clayton Adams likes in the draft coming up.
Speaker 5: Man, that's an important job.
Speaker 6: That's important.
Speaker 2: While Bobby's here, though, Bobby a question.
Speaker 7: The whole time I've worked with Bobby, like once but Bobby's my what the league knows?
Speaker 8: Guy? Whatever?
Speaker 7: And I just I got questions about walsteron Nolan and Jalen Walker. What does the league say about them?
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're doing right Walker again, this is your podcast, ser.
Speaker 7: Well, we got into the volo, we got into a guest, we got into a fight last show, and I just simply want to know because what I think doesn't matter what Brian zagan, It doesn't Tommy, what does the league think about.
Speaker 8: Those two guys?
Speaker 4: Who do you want first?
Speaker 8: Walker? Please? Because that's the most recent fight.
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 4: What was the fight over? I think I think so. I mean that's split. That's definitely when it comes to Travis Hunter, like a Travis Hunter guy is like I think there are pretty much everybody settles on he's more cornerback. I feel like the league has has decided. Some people think he's a receiver. Brian thinks he'd be a really good receiver. I think he could be really great there. But most league I think it's set on. We think he's more of a corner with Walker, I think there is more of a kind of a split where different teams view him differently. I've heard more people I've talked to think of him as kind of just a blitzing linebacker, like a hybrid, like the way that Micah was used more of the first couple of years, rather than the way he was used last year, where last year he was used pretty much as a realistic edge were the previous couple of years he was more linebacker that was hybrid rusher. I think that's how people view Walker Nolan. I just think the league thinks so much more highly of Nolan than has been represented here. Probably I like Walter Nolan. Walter Nolan, though is people talk about him as when we get done with the combine and we get done with a lot of the stuff, you start hearing from teams about how athletic he is and freak issue is. I mean, you're gonna you're gonna start hearing the buzz pick up. But people just think he's an absolute freak a defensive tackle, and there's just it's the stuff you can't you know, teach, It's the stuff you can't bring out of somebody just by coaching and whatever else. It's that stuff where it's all right, give me that piece of clay because I feel like I can mold it into anything. Whereas other guys. Maybe it's like, Wow, they're missing this or missing that.
Speaker 5: More good than bad there, or more bad than good?
Speaker 8: Youre talking about Walker or Nolan Nolan.
Speaker 7: I think I think people think that we hate Nolan, and we don't necessarily hate Nolan. We just love Harmon and Williams and we love Granting all those guys more than him, and we just kind of look at him more of you, like a late second type of guy, like an early third type of guy. But there are some people that like Nolan in the first, and I'm not on board with all.
Speaker 2: Tommy has him in the first, a lot of teams.
Speaker 4: Will I think this is going to be a very light first round picker. I think a lot of teams are gonna have him.
Speaker 3: I have him as early second, so I think I'm kind of in between. If he's there at forty four, I'm doing cartwheels. But at twelve, I think.
Speaker 4: It would be I think I think Nolan would be like I think twelve is around where the league would start thinking Nolan's gonna Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: He's definitely in play at twelve. It's just an inconsistency, Like he flashes brilliance and I know you don't like the word flash, but that's what it.
Speaker 2: Is, which is scares the hell out of me. Jack. That's it.
Speaker 9: You flash and all of a sudden like, oh I saw it, But then I'm also taught if you see it one time, you'll see it again. But I don't see it consistently enough with this guy. I think that bothers.
Speaker 6: Me laziness at times tape which you're really that, Yeah, that's like and I'm not the only distraction here. You're going to have to answer that now you know, Well, that's just what I saw on tape.
Speaker 4: Okay, so if you can, let's say, motor doesn't always run hot. You got to find your your substitute.
Speaker 6: There's time where you know, there's times where it is, but then there's other times it's like, what's going on with this play where it doesn't seem like you're as engaged as you were Say a serious.
Speaker 5: No, you're not wrong, bro, you're doing good.
Speaker 6: But but TJ. Sanders like, it's weird to me. There's like a hive that loves t J. Sanders. To me, if you love TJ. Sanders, I don't get why you wouldn't love Walter Nolan because I see the same thing, and T J. Sanders will wear down over the course of a game.
Speaker 8: I'm not as how Sanders need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if you talk about like Brian you mentioned you, you don't see it consistently enough with Nolan the guy that I think of when you're talking about freakish athlete and and you didn't see it consistently, but it did come together when he got to the NFL level. Uh is a guy like Milton Williams who who just stood out in Super Bowl big time. Now, Milton Williams is not a first round pick. He was like a third But Milton Williams was an absolute freak at the defensive tackles. I think Nolan similar. He's just a little bigger.
Speaker 3: Well, and Nolan did it against better competition throughout as well. I mean Milton Williams was playing in Conference USA. Yeah, Okay, let me ask you this about Nolan. Is this a problem? And is this a problem? Because I know Kyle is gonna He's did a great job of setting this show up. Today we're gonna talk about defensive lineman, so I know he's gonna get there. Are we running into a problem with these effort defensive tackles or edges because they play in rotating systems and we don't see them every play like they I watched Tennessee, I watched Mississippi, I watched South Carolina.
Speaker 5: It's a rotating system.
Speaker 9: And do you get a feel for the play in a rotating system like some of these teams that might have guys that play the majority of the series.
Speaker 7: I feel you, But I never want to give a guy a reason a loaf, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So we were just talking about what a lot to him?
Speaker 5: He's saying that loaf loaf.
Speaker 6: We were just we were just making say how you feel on this show. Dion Walker, I'll stand by it.
Speaker 7: Dion Walker has some aggressive loafs, Like I'm standing up in my feet aren't even moving and it's like I'm just keeping you walk. I'm like, damn, deon walk, are you? Are you that tired? I don't want nobody to be that tired. And in my mind, sixty plays in college might be thirty plays in the league, you know what I'm saying. So I never want to see like, you know, whether you're rotating or not. Our guy Norman lat Right, I don't really see him slowing down that much. Derek Harmon. I don't see Derek Harmon slowing.
Speaker 6: Down in a rotating system.
Speaker 7: So I never want to see a guy slow down, no matter you know, if they get sixty thirty or twelves.
Speaker 4: Now, one of the things that I always look at whenever, it's whenever you've got a guy like Nolan, if you're wondering, okay, the motor always there, anything else, I tend to go back and I go, all right, who did I who did I describe this way in the past, Like let me go back like the notes, see who did I describe similarly? And how consistently did that look like it got fixed at the next level, or how consistently was like well that was a problem. So like I think, whenever I think of motor or taking plays off, like there are a couple of there are times you see that you saw that with Jaylen Carter when he was at Georgia that has worked out. There are other times where I remember thinking of that a lot about Jerry Tillery when he was at Notre Dame, and Jerry Tillery did not work out, and so yeah, there you go there there. I think it's whenever those kind of things crop up. It's important to look back and go, Okay, who did I describe like this in the past, and how did that actually flesh out at the NFL.
Speaker 3: But when you're looking at Walter Nolan and you're seeing the physical traits, I don't know if I'm looking at him and saying Jalen Carter, I'm looking at him and I'm saying Tillery more than that. So if if you're leaning one way or the other, Jalen Carter was not a three or four down lineman in the or in college, but he played a rotating, rotating system. When you have walker no one playing in that same rotating system, I don't necessarily look at him. He's a freak, don't get me wrong, But I don't look at him as like an elite level.
Speaker 2: Player like a Jalen Carter was. You know, if you're that same level.
Speaker 7: If you're truly like great, it lends you some room to loaf a little bit somewhat. But if you when you're not loafing, you're solid good, but you're not super elite, then that kind of drops you down the board. Little bit of what you're saying, yeah, kind of Jalen Carter. I don't know, if I hate you'll.
Speaker 2: See what you could be great?
Speaker 6: Is that what we're saying here?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I like that.
Speaker 7: I didn't. I don't agree. But but but Jalen Carter was the best player that whole draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, and it was far and away.
Speaker 7: Man, I can at least look at Nolan be like, all right, at least there's at least four guys.
Speaker 3: That's just like would play for two snaps, But those two snaps he would absolutely Demolock.
Speaker 6: We're talking about a game record that's on a totally different level.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And even if he did, it was one play here or one play there, It wasn't every single time he was on the field. You would see him take plays off off, whereas Carter was just standing on the side of the shore.
Speaker 4: What consistently, like, I mean, does taking plays off or looking like the motor doesn't run as hot? Does that matter more at certain positions than it does others?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, we do air quotes around here. Does that look like that look like it matters more than it does in the building? Does that matter more?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Friends?
Speaker 4: I will occasionally go all right, if a defensive lineman's getting beat up a little, obviously I want the motor or hot But I feel like I see that with a lot of guys, you know, over the years, where it's like maybe they're getting beat up and it's just like, all right, I shouldn't, but I'm worn down. I'm not in an NFL strength program or a conditioning program, and and I kind of wonder, are they just getting worn down by the battle And is that something that can be fixed at the next level if you get to a better conditioning program or a strength program.
Speaker 7: You're not wrong, but it's just I'm comparing Nolan to three other people. Yeah, that don't take places.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that's the case. I'm saying, is that that question, like how do you answer that question of is it more important at some positions? So like do you need to see that effort all the time at this position more than this one?
Speaker 3: Or well, when you're playing corner in safety, you get exposed. If you take a playoff coreer as defensive tackle, you can kind of hide in the moneyness, sure, if he's not going your way.
Speaker 6: I do wonder because, like you said, ball of Clay, that you can bold. That to me is that's scary. And I think you scout saw that with Dallas Turner a year ago, like, oh my gosh, that's got all the traits. He's twitchy as hell. You don't see the production.
Speaker 4: Artner Turner got accused of the taking plays off a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And I don't know like him. I think Shamar Stewart from Texas A and M like, physically these are this is what you want in that guy at that position. But do I see the production down and down out? No, And I think you can get in a lot of trouble as a scout thinking like, oh my gosh, I love the intangibles, I love the athleticism. Same thing as a position coach. Bring him into my system. I can bowl them. Carrie Collins, Oh he's got a hitch. Oh I could fix that. Fifteen years. I've got a production and I see it consistently. I think that's going to translate better than the mold of clay that I'm hoping that I can develop.
Speaker 4: But we are talking about pick twelve in a thinner class, like we're not talking about picking number two and saying give me the mole. Like the Clay. You're talking about a draft where some people may have eleven first round picks on their and so you're sitting there right on the edge, and you go, well, this is the guy that if I can put them together, he can be just as good potentially as some of these guys at the top of the draft.
Speaker 9: That scares the hell out of me, Bobby, it does. That scares the hell out of me that I'm hoping that this guy is cause Kyler.
Speaker 4: Smith scared the hell out of a lot of People's.
Speaker 6: True, that's another guy. You saw it like physically, we.
Speaker 2: Saw all the traits and I don't know it scared. It was the tech. It was your technique right right, right right.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it was, but it was skill set his hands right, but skill set was there. And you said, what kind of a student is he? The same sort of thing I think still exists with Nolan. I think Nolan, you go skill sets there. If the Cowboys were to pick Nolan at twelve, given their history of finding guys that they know were good students, like Tyler Smith or something, I'm gonna trust they've got a pretty good read on He takes to coaching pretty well and they feel good about that.
Speaker 2: So did they hit that with Mazzie Smith?
Speaker 6: You know what, I think he might not like football, and that's that's part of the question you got to hit with.
Speaker 2: That's what you got to and that's a hard thing to scout. I think you agree with you.
Speaker 3: Usually they've gotten the right type of person and the right type of background, but they have missed on it before right recently.
Speaker 4: And I think it also matters, like I think Jeff Skinnea, who's who's no longer here obviously, I think Jeff Scineya did a great job helping right right, And that's so I think it also matters of like who's reaching them. And I think that this coaching staff, we've heard it from Brian Schottenheimer, were about to go here it in this hallway, it's going to be very much about culture and effort and things like that. If they were to pick him. I can't imagine that that room back there wouldn't be comfortable with we can get it out of him.
Speaker 8: So do you think right.
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 6: I don't think you can miss the first round. I mean we got effort questions with.
Speaker 7: Me, is right this coaching staff or this this team whatever, right they took a linebacker that wasn't really a pass Russian name, made him a pass rusher. And they took a Tyler Smith that we didn't think would be a great left tackle and they developed him and he was able to play some left tackle. Right, So maybe you you know, they had some confidence that they could take raw players and like kind of fix them. Sure, so you miss on a Mazi and uh, we just we're not clear about Tyler Guyton just yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think that they switched.
Speaker 7: Back to all right, let me look for day one guys that could possibly play now because the last two project type dudes didn't work for me?
Speaker 8: That makes sense?
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, that's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Bobby, you know these scouts better than anybody.
Speaker 8: What they thinking about it?
Speaker 2: Are the no?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Are they they what they think?
Speaker 9: Are they under pressure? Are they under pressure after what's happened with the last two.
Speaker 8: That's a much better way to say what I just said.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean I think this whole organization was under pressure. Everybody was on expiring deals basically that included a lot of the scouting staff. So look, I think that there there is a unique pressure from the sense that this team doesn't generally play free agent water, so you feel like there's no margin for error. You feel like we got to hit every pick in the top four, can't have any like and I mean the numbers just say, the math says that's not gonna always happen. You're gonna miss guys. And there's a lot of pressure in that sense. But I think it's something that it's a pressure they welcome, Like, I think that's something they like performing under that. All right, let's go find the guy, let's go knock this out. But yeah, it's definitely a big ask for those guys, and I think, like I said, a lot of this with these new coaches and the way that Will McLay obviously sets it up to, Hey, let's interact personnel staff with the assistant coaches, talk about what you guys like, and let's go let our guys get to work. I think this is right. Here is a critical window for that.
Speaker 9: I will tell you this though, from what I learned about the Certain Horn draft was that the scouts were really on Certain and the coaches were going with Horn. And it's because the scouts felt better about the player, they felt better about the consistency of the player they felt about what he could develop as. Not that they didn't like Horn, but they they were in a mode where they're like, this guy's a gambler, a risk take or that kind of yeap, give us the solid, give us the guy if that at that spot, And to me, it looks like they they they were their attitude was the right way, and I wonder if that's going to stay true to this draft with so much like murkiness and muddiness on the top of this board.
Speaker 4: I will say this just before I go down and see the assistant coaches. I know that in the past, I don't know about it, but just talking to scouts around the league, yeah, not just hearing Dallas in general, scouts, I think feel like the safe player is typically the one because I've asked this question of people for the safe players, typically a player coaches want because they feel like their job is more on the line immediately every year than personnel department does. Like personnel department feels like they're process oriented and they're they're grabbing a talent and they're they're looking three ars out, where as a coach who's you know, Mike McCarthy last year, in a in a contract year, maybe felt like, give me someone who can help me now, Like I mean, now I don't need a project guy, whereas a scout may say or personal department say, yeah, this guy's going to be better in three years, and I can be patient with that. And so typically I think it's been reversed in that situation you're talking about there with Horn and Sertana obviously, but typically I think in my experience across the league, not just here in Dallas, I think a lot more scouts are willing to say, let's get the talent and let's trust our coaches to bring it out of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's super interesting, the whole puzzle piece all put together like that, Bobby.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it as as always.
Speaker 8: This year.
Speaker 6: It's one of those things where we when we've heard some misses and look, there's a lot that is unknown that I have no idea about. But it seems like when they trust the scouting department their success. Yeah, when you start having the coach's influence, that's when.
Speaker 9: Maybe you start to get This is where Schottenheimer needs to be smart. This is where he needs to step up and tell these coaches like listen, this first year, these guys are going to pick players for us. Yeah, and go from there. Bill Parcells did the exact same thing when he came in. He said, I'm going to evaluate every one of you. I'm going to let you pick these pick this team. There was fight about Terrence Newman, you know, and Larry Lace will say, listen, Bill, we don't draft this kid. We don't have a corner on this team that could play, and so Bill trusts the scouts. I think Brian Schottenheim will be very smart to take a page out of that book and do that.
Speaker 3: It seems like he would trin that direction just knowing, and of course you can't tell the future, but just knowing how he's run things from an offensive coordinator standpoint in the past, and the type of person that he is, I think he does see that as a benefit for him, which would be a good thing for everybody involved. All right, let's take our first break when we come back. We've got some twitter on the twenty A lot of questions around that defensive tackle spot and defensive.
Speaker 2: Line in general. As Brian alluded to.
Speaker 3: Earlier, I want to hit maybe the forty four mid seventies when can the Cowboys start talking about defensive line? Maybe as early as twelve. We'll answer some of your questions with Twitter on the twenty right after this.
Speaker 10: Life is a workout. Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Cat all Right.
Speaker 11: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 11: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you. Hoo hoo.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 4: Snapped the press. Guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes left.
Speaker 6: He'll look for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescot's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 13: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 2: Ryan is the largest firm in.
Speaker 13: The world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting.
Speaker 4: Ryan dot com.
Speaker 9: Ryan.
Speaker 13: The official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys United is presented by Globe Life Now the exclusive on the Dallas Cowboys App. Joined the official Fan Club today receive access to all new Cowboys drops, feature team news and pre sale access, all sorts of fan and kid incentives, as well. Download the app now to join. I don't like that read. I don't know why. I just don't like that reading.
Speaker 6: Not a fan.
Speaker 3: That's the second time I flubbed it. But it's Dallas Cowboys United. I'm gonna get on the Douglas.
Speaker 6: We're going to rewrite.
Speaker 2: I was as you were reading it.
Speaker 9: I just was blessed that I didn't have to read dude, that would have been a disaster.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk to whoever wrote that one.
Speaker 3: All right back alongside Zach Waltchuck, Bryan broad As, Vatch Lombardi, I'm Kyle Owmens with Chris Beam in the back special. Thanks to Bobby Belt for stopping by and opening the show.
Speaker 2: He's now doing some.
Speaker 3: Work with the assistant coaches are talking right now on the other side of the building, so when we get done, we'll head over there as well. But before that, we've got to talk to Cowboys Nation because it's.
Speaker 2: Time for some.
Speaker 3: Twitter shops we've ever had. That's the best one possible, all right, Jimmy or Jeffrey hendrim say, Jimmy Hendricks, Yeah, I almost said it. Jeffrey Hendricks. Joe says, you have to finish the first three rounds without one of these positions. Which one are you most okay leaving without? Here are your options running back, wide receiver, defensive line, offensive line, Which one you leaving out out of the first three rounds? You're going all the way to round five without one of those spots where you feel like you.
Speaker 5: Can offensive line.
Speaker 6: For me, I agree, I'm gonna go offensive line as well, because I do think you've got enough depth right now with awesome Richards guys like hopefully brought k Hoffman still in the fold.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the first name I thought would come out of.
Speaker 6: I'm an ausesome Richards. I think you're playing allowed to compete at left tackle. You put them in left absolutely, maybe right tackle.
Speaker 2: Okay, where's your right tackle going?
Speaker 6: Who knows? I think we're competing in the losers your backup because I think all three are gonna end up playing throughout the course of the season. You know, injuries are a thing in the National Football League. It's hard to make sure seventeen games. So I think having three guys that was some confidence extremely important.
Speaker 2: So I'm going awesome Richards.
Speaker 6: I like, I love bra Kauffin and the depth that he's able to provide you. I think you've got to have a running back. You've got to have a wide receiver to compliment ce d Lamb and I defensive line. Can we line up and play today? I'm not so sure.
Speaker 2: No, Fox, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Running back is probably gonna be very plentiful in the fifth round. I know people don't want to hear that. I know people would rather get that steadily running back first. I just don't want to write off because I might like an offensive lineman early, like like the board may force me to take an offensive lineman early, or take a take a d lineman early. I think you have to go a wide receiver because there's really an emergency there. I think if you forced me to decide between a fifth round running back or a fifth round tackle. I think the running backs there would be better than the tackle.
Speaker 3: I'm gon a name off some four fives here that I've got for you. Okay, let's play this game a little bit. Running back. Let's go with TOAJ Brooks, Texas Tech, Dark West Hunter from Auburn.
Speaker 5: A big fan of Hunter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: DJ Giddons Kansas State, Damian Martinez, Miami, Jayden Blue Texas. Okay, let's go to Let's go to wider seat. Okay, Kyle, Let's have a conversation.
Speaker 6: Brooks, I know this.
Speaker 8: Let's I knew this was about to happen. Let's have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 7: Let's say you miss out on running backs, right, Let's just stay together round one, two and three? You miss out? Yeah, Can a combination of scatterable in blue work for you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Can back combination work for you?
Speaker 2: Like, let's you're able dipping in the fifth at running back.
Speaker 7: If you don't take one, one, two and three, you might have to I'd be okay with right.
Speaker 3: So I like some of those names that are there. Dark West Hunter from Auburn. I know you are both very.
Speaker 9: We're talking about, but you're talking about like fifth round guys. I have some of those guys higher than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: So I'm just assuming like it's gonna look like Royce Freeman, do Von Hunter, Lucky DJ Giddings, and Chris Jayden Blue. I think that's a cool setup of guys. It's not Ashton Genty, is not you know, Hampton and Johnson or anything like that. But I think you can live with those running backs. I don't want to live in this world where I gotta take a wide receiver in the fifth or I got to take a d tackle in the fifth. I'm looking at tackle in the like third round or something like that. I think that's the last I love what I'm getting at tackle. When you get to like fifth round tackles, you may be a cool rotational tackle guy by the time you get to that point. And I really want to upgrade tackle. So I'm going to run.
Speaker 9: Miss by taking say these two were available, if it was Blue and Smith from SMU, with the way they catch the ball, is that better than taking a fifth round wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Yes, they would be better than my fifth round wide receiver options.
Speaker 9: Just because the way they catch the ball, Yes, the way that they play in the passing game I mean, is that you're taking a fifth round wide receive your This guy could very well be what you're playing.
Speaker 2: Here are some names that I've got there.
Speaker 3: I've got Nick nash Um, San Jose Steak, DeAndre Lambert Smith from Auburn, Ricky White from un l V, Theowese from Missouri, just the name a few names.
Speaker 8: I think none of those guys play for you.
Speaker 7: I think. I don't think they line up day one and like playfully. But I think either of those running backs you name, I think probably.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: It's a good point. It's a good point.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because but you would still if at twelve, Ashton Genty's there at twelve, you would still entertain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I'm taking Gentcy at twelve.
Speaker 6: So even then.
Speaker 3: There's a chance that you still don't go with that because of how special of a prospect he becomes.
Speaker 8: You just can't pass on that guy.
Speaker 7: And and I see a lot of people on the internet, you know, co workers, you know what I'm saying, that are just hating the idea of Genty at twelve, Like, don't overthink the best guys me, don't don't overthink the best guy there.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So your answer is running back, I would question that was at hand.
Speaker 7: I would I would take the running back. I wouldn't take the running back over McMillan if he's there or something like that, like but most likely he's gonna be the best dude on the board. He's going to be the last elite guy on the board. I'm taking James.
Speaker 2: But if he's not there, you're okay with waiting on running back until the.
Speaker 8: Fifth I would have then, like a running back with the names.
Speaker 9: You said, yeah, but the names. But if those names are not there, then you know I'm not okay with that.
Speaker 8: Where's the run?
Speaker 7: Where's the where's the the big wipeout running back run?
Speaker 2: It's gonna go from thirty six to forty three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's going to be happening now anywhere.
Speaker 9: Fron I think you're onto something I I do, and and maybe I know Jeff Cavanin had this discussion. He doesn't think the run that it's gonna happen. There's gonna be somebody there like a Henderson or or one of these guys. Blue Smith, You're gonna be there in the third round to get But I tell you what, I feel a lot better about the third round now after watching.
Speaker 5: Blue and Smith both play.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'd feel a lot better that those guys better than what Neil at Kansas. If you look at me from Alburn, you know, I know, I know Gettings, I know Vatch loves Gettings and he's saying, probably you loved him as well.
Speaker 6: I like both those Kansas Kansas Neil and then getting from getting State as well.
Speaker 5: This thing is going just thing's going to stretch for you.
Speaker 7: Then, Brand, don't leg it is because he's slow, right, Brand, tell him till the people.
Speaker 3: I don't think Gettings is fast. No, I don't like him for that reason. Yes, I like Neil because he's got some versatility. You talk about guys that can catch out of the backfield. He reminds me of Tony Pollard. But they just didn't split him out wide at Kansas. Tony Pollard, like half of his snaps at Memphis were out wide. I see a similar type of build there, all right. Zach on Twitter says, is there a player that over the last two drafts if they step up big this year, you could ensure that they step up big. That would give you peace to lower the priority on some of these other spots. Is there one guy over the last two drafts that you could place that on?
Speaker 2: Just one guy, just one.
Speaker 7: I would love for Tyler guy to be what everybody thought he was. Okay, I would love because now I don't have to do Now I'm not worrying about tackle at all. If if he shows up and is a dude and y'all get the points, y'all finger laugh at me, Like, if I just look at Tyler game, I would love it. I would love it the pieces. I just don't know if that's gonna be a thing.
Speaker 5: Mozzie Smith for me? Man, still there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if Mozzie Smith were to play big time ball, and that made me feel so much better about this defit defensive tackle room because right now I'm looking at ones and threes big time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, you could go Jaalen Tolbert, but he's in the last year for y'all, go Ryan Flinoy, Like you need somebody that can step up in that receiver room because because right now, I mean, who is your compliment to ceedee Lamb? I mean Tolbert. You're going into year four now and he hasn't proven to be consistent, So I mean, is it?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 6: Flinoy? Is it a guy that I think we all like and can see the potential on the upside there. I'd love that. It makes me feel better about it. If if we were going to skip on a position group, we don't go wide receiver, I feel much better about that.
Speaker 8: Panell, what do y'all think the plan is with Mingo?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 8: What's the plan with him?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 7: Do y'all think that was just a dice roll? Or do you or do you think that they really have an idea that he's going to be a part this thing moving forward.
Speaker 3: I don't think they spend a fourth round pick if they didn't expect him to be in the thought process moving forward.
Speaker 6: I hope they have a plan.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's mine.
Speaker 3: I know hope is not a strategy, but it apparently is here whenever it comes to Giant.
Speaker 6: I think their planning he's going to be one of your top three receivers this year. Why else are you giving up a fourth round pick for That's what? I'm right? So I agree.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you why they gave a fourth for Rampick. But I mean they building on one. It's all bad about these people and they building on a microphone did they pay for? But I just don't see where he fits in where he plays well.
Speaker 9: The thing about him is he's with from a really a previous regime except for the head coach was on the staff. So the head coach had better have the plan because everybody else and coming in here receivers coach is asking me, okay, tell me why we have this guy here? Why is this guy on our football team? So head coach is going to have to be the guy to sell that one.
Speaker 3: Uh with the This is from Harry on Twitter with Trayvon Diggs injury and Jay Lou's uncertainty entering und unrestricted free agency. Why isn't corner a talking point.
Speaker 2: At twelve or forty?
Speaker 5: I know I've talked about.
Speaker 3: It is We have talked about it a little bit. I know we've hit that name at the top a bunch.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: The thought about it is, let me ask you guys this, And I don't and I not that I would be happy about it, but I'd understand it if Will Johnson from Michigan got there to twelve. Would you take him? It depends on who else is on the board. But let's say he's your best corner.
Speaker 2: Best corner, Yeah that is Matt, I just picked Somens.
Speaker 3: I would love to trade back in that scenario. But I'm you know what, I'm not gonna went bad. I'll say yes, I'll about you will Chuck, No, I wouldn't see this what scares me. That's another spot that scares me. And I don't know if we're right or wrong about this guy. I don't know that about Johnson specifically.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because it felt like and Vach and I have we've been tracking this with our show for really you know, better part of us several months here, and he started off as a top three guy, and now you're start to see him go down and down and down. And I wonder if that I wonder if the league thinks about him the same way that we've all kind of thought about that, that one would scare me a little bit, even even I might even consider like another guy, like you know, I wonder if Baron would be there, john I would take Baron over him above Johnson.
Speaker 3: So if Baron's there, I would take Johnson. But you were saying highest rated corner.
Speaker 9: If he was if But yeah, I mean I wonder if they would like Baron, they would like Johnson more than Baron.
Speaker 7: Do you think that they would like Johnson more than the wide receivers on the board.
Speaker 2: No, like Golden in that wide receivers, like Golden in.
Speaker 7: Abuke, Burdon, Golden Abuka. Of course, you know McMillan, but like those those those four wire receivers. I had them over Johnson. But do you think that Dallas thinks that way?
Speaker 6: I think it's it's possible that they do like Will Johnson a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very possible. The conversations I've had, I think they do.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's got the frame for it. But they like the receivers too. Don't get me wrong. Now, if the right receiver is there.
Speaker 3: And Ashton Genty is not, then I think you're you're gonna pick a receiver over Will Johnson. I just I could see a very realistic conversation you would take. We're talking Will Johnson after the twelfth pick.
Speaker 9: What's the last receiver you would take over him? Uh, burden of Buca, Golden.
Speaker 7: No, we haven't ranked a little different, but I have all those guys over Johnson.
Speaker 3: See, I don't have a BUKA in Golden over Johnson. I do, but I like Johnson a little bit more than I think most people do.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 6: I got McMillan, hunterg Buca, Burden, Golden Yep. Those are the guys that i'd consider all over Will Johnson. I would hope, And I could be losing my mind, you know, I would hope you ain't losing enoughing is that you're right?
Speaker 9: God, I would hope that they would take that wide receiver over him if that was the case. But to be honest with you, the question is very good there because we don't know what's gonna happen with Diggs. I mean, his his rehab carried all the way in through training camp.
Speaker 5: Yep. You don't know how that's going to play out, and stuff like.
Speaker 3: He may not be ready for week one, and if you're playing without him week one, what injury is?
Speaker 9: You needed Carson? You needed Carson to play really well. It's what you needed last You needed to show he could be And hopefully if you talk about a guy that needs to jump, Carson car needs to jump.
Speaker 6: I think Revel's the sleeper for me, like if he's a guy that clears medically, I think Revel's better than Johnson and they're the same size.
Speaker 2: That's that's another medical.
Speaker 5: Ravel is really I love him now.
Speaker 2: He was a top three corner prior to the injury.
Speaker 8: Sure if he was up there.
Speaker 3: In the same conversation with will Johnson, Brent out of Think's Carolina.
Speaker 7: By the way, Brian, please let me ask you this, So where do you think the better value at corner is?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 7: Like Johnson at twelve. We can have a conversations about, you know, whether we're making just value as right or are you looking at day two right like you know we looking at Morrison that we're looking at Amos or Thompson orter Noel Williams. You know we had that conversation by him Nolan like Noel Williams in the third Just in my personal opinion, I think I have much better value.
Speaker 9: If you haven't watched no Williams play from California, from California, please do please do you'll, you'll, you'll you'll.
Speaker 5: Thank us later for this one.
Speaker 9: I kind of feel like though to me that those I have a feeling all those corners are going to be gone maybe those second round corners that you and I were talking about Thomas from Florida State has I mean, I mean, I think that all those long rangey corners that can run a little bit are all going to be gone. Here people struggling to find corners in this league.
Speaker 6: Kind of like a couple of defishent guys like the skinny Kobe Bryant from Case from Kansas. I love him mellow also they do, and then I'll fight for Parish from k State. I know he's shorter at five to ten, but I love his demeanor.
Speaker 2: Man, how much K State film? Do you watch? Cooper bb.
Speaker 6: K State's bumping out some studs and you're saying.
Speaker 2: How many big twelve titles?
Speaker 8: If they won?
Speaker 6: They should have won one this year?
Speaker 8: Hey, don't you dare let him talk?
Speaker 6: Hey, how many big twelve titles of Patrick Mahomes win in college? He the best quarterback in the NFL. He is, So I don't think that matters, right if the play how many other Texas the players have been out of have been having great careers in the Mahomes should be the one and Todge Brooks is about to be another one. Let's go, baby, I do like I love Todge Brooks. All right, we gotta takes Chris Carson of this draft.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's a good conference.
Speaker 5: Chris.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oklahoma State. I'm here for it, all right. When we come back here on the Draft Show, I got a game. I want to play, guys, I want to try and tab. Let's let's make some predictions here. Who's going to be an all pro, who's going to be a multi pro bowler, Who's going to be a ten year starter. I'll explain it a little bit more when we get back with more of the Draft Show right after this.
Speaker 14: I'm Darren Woods, the former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't that's good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day.
Speaker 8: I went to.
Speaker 14: Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 6: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 14: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 6: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 15: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 2: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 15: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 10: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 6: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 10: Overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever to carry them over.
Speaker 8: That scary bridge.
Speaker 10: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothiekit.
Speaker 16: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that. We've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game Day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and.
Speaker 5: Off the plate.
Speaker 16: Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: The Weekend is bringing the After Hours Till Down Stadium Tour to AT and T Stadium on August twenty seventh and twenty eighth. Catch this all news show and support of the Full Album Trilogy with Playboy Cardi and special guest Mike Dean. Get your tickets today at seakeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. Big fan of the Weekend Brian like like.
Speaker 5: I like the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's solid, he was.
Speaker 5: I get a lot done on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I get a lot done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We had a three day weekend performer.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, no, I'm I don't know.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl halftime that was like five years ago.
Speaker 8: Already fall. I like the weekend much That was much better.
Speaker 2: That was like the twenty old weekend.
Speaker 6: Twelve week was that Chiefs Box? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, man, that wild time is flying. Tom Brady won that super Bow.
Speaker 6: He sure did, I'm sure did.
Speaker 3: Back here with Zach Wldchuck Bryan brought his Fotch Lombardi with Chris Beaman back.
Speaker 2: I'm Kyle Yeomans. I got a game that we want.
Speaker 3: To play a little bit here, all right, So listen closely for those at home so you can keep up. I've got three tiers of players. We're talking ceiling here.
Speaker 2: This could be any.
Speaker 3: Position across the board in the NFL draft. I want these guys to pick up their crystal ball and look into the future. I want you to tell me one player in each of these levels all pro so good enough to make the All Pro list at least once throughout their career. He's going to be an All Pro, no doubt about it in your mind. An example of this would be Ashton Gent. He might be the best running back in the league one day. Who cares Cooper BB last year?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, multi state, multi time pro bowler, somebody that's going to lead the way at their position, but maybe not the best at their position enough to go to multiple Pro Bowls throughout their career.
Speaker 2: Mike Green could be an example.
Speaker 3: He may not be the best ad dresser in football, but he's going to be damn good. He's going to make a lot of noise. Tyler Booker would be a ten year starter opportunity, right, like somebody that's not going to be a Pro bowler or anything like that, but he's going to be a great player across the board. So taking those examples out of the occasion there, I just wanted to kind of outline it for those that might be listening.
Speaker 2: You're all pro, multi pro bowlers.
Speaker 3: And ten year starters. Look like we'll start with all prosvotch.
Speaker 7: Tyler book is gonna be fantastic, by the way, Okay, I just wanted to use an example. What all pros man. I'll go Andrew Macouba, the safety from Texas.
Speaker 2: He's my that's a good one.
Speaker 7: He's my safety one. And a lot of people ain't gonna fool with that, but they'll be all right. I love that there's not a lot of free safeties. You can just point at in the league and be like, oh, he's the best free safeties, like one, two or three of them, and he's the dude that gets picks. And if you're a free safety that can be a ballhawk and get picks. I got a ton of faith in you. So I have a crystal ball. I'm saying that he's gonna be one of the best free safeties in the whole game ever.
Speaker 5: All Right, what about you, Brian Mason Graham?
Speaker 9: I think is gonna be one of these guys when you start to talk about with this these defensive tackles, how active, he's going to find ways to make plays along the line of scrimmage. He's gonna make plays behind the line of scrimmage. He's gonna make place outside the tackle box. He's also gonna get your sacks and pro too. Mason Graham is going to be a multiple All Pro player for you in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Nice m you know what I'll go, uh Man, is this I don't want to go low hanging fruit here. Give me Tyler Warren Penn State, Yeah, tight end. I'm an advocate for Tyler Warren. I am, I mean, he holds Penn State tight end records for receptions only big ten tight end with four plus rushing touchdowns. This a guy can just do everything for you. And I think you saw the impact of brock Bauers was able to have. Now he's different, Like it doesn't look the same, the production can be the same. Brock Bower is a little bit more smooth, quicker route runnings, a little bit more clean. I totally get the clunkiness factor, right, That's why you get comms for Gronk when it comes to Tyler Warren. But the dude's just productive. He gets the game, he understands finding holes in his own coverage being able to get open. I think the blocking is good enough. I think he can improve there. But he's a very willing blocker. You see him wind up at full back sometimes and lead the way there. So to me, I mean anybody not named Travis Hunter ashenty in this draft, I'm betting on Tyler Warren to be an absolute stud.
Speaker 2: That's a really good one.
Speaker 3: I'll put Tetoa mcmill and that might be low hanging out. There's a chance he's a top five pick. I certainly have him as a top five player in this draft. I have said it before on the show. I think he's Mike Evans two point zero. I really do love to think the fight game. I agree with size, the versatility, the route running, I mean all of it, the deep threat ability. He's super consistent at all three levels. Give this guy the football, let him make some plays. Teteroa McMillan would be.
Speaker 2: My foresure bet at all pro moving forward.
Speaker 9: If he's there at twelve, I would take that player.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the other direction here, let's go with pro bowler, multi pro bowler. Who's on the list for that one?
Speaker 6: I think a mecheg Buca. You know, this is a dude. I just love his bill, his size. Played primarily in the slot this past year, but he's a tremendous blocker. You know, he's a guy that I think. You see what Jordan Addison's done with the Minnesota Vikings. He can come and he's always had to play second fiddle to whoever it was was a JSN last year, two years Joe's Martin Harrison Junior, last year's Jeremiah Smith. Like, this guy doesn't care, right, He's a selfless type of player, strong body control. Loved the dude, overall, he runs terrific routes. There's not a whole lot to knock when it comes to dig Bookie. He's one of the most clean players in this draft. Is he ever going to be an all Pro? I don't know, but I do think he's going to be one of the better wide receivers to come out of this draft. It's a good.
Speaker 2: Good spot for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Ceiling wise, Benjamin Morris, the corner from Notre Dame, I think is going to be a guy when he's if if the injury things check out about him. I mean, he's had a couple of things where he's dealt with hips, but it's six foot one and ninety pounds. This kid is super competitive. The lateral quickness, everything about him is outstanding. He plays with a fluid element to his game. You know, his back pedal is controlled and all that. He's able to kind of adjust in routes and stuff like that. I could see somebody taking him and just plugging him right in. He is so competitive in the way he plays. The only thing maybe holding back might be the injury stuff. But this guy's a hell of a football player.
Speaker 6: It's hips man.
Speaker 7: Oh, we'll go with Donovan Jackson. Yeah, I love that Ohio State right lines up. Whoops, folk move folk, and that's my favorite kind of guard.
Speaker 8: Just be cause y'all know, you.
Speaker 6: Know, he's the best offensive lineman in the draft.
Speaker 7: Hey man, you know, don't just be saying stuff like that is well, well, why didn't you have amia in your pro.
Speaker 6: I've talked about him in a couple of other platforms. I wanted to change it up.
Speaker 7: I think I think him having him having the ability to play a guard and tackle will bode well for those you know voters that like, you know, oh well he played guard and then he went to go play tackle. They love stories and storylines and things like that. Donovan Jacksons a guy this great for it, so he'll be a pro bowler at some point.
Speaker 6: I love that pick.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I'll go with Jahadd Campbell, Alabama linebacker to be a Pro bowler again. He's he's a guy that's going to control your defense. He'll probably wear a green dot pretty early in his career. You're going to see him come in and immediately make an impact. But I think he still has room to grow into that spot and he may make an All Pro list at some point, but I think his ceiling is more so like a you think about what Zach Bond did the Eagles this past year. I'm not comparing the two players, but just think about the impact in the middle of a defense. He could be one hundred tackle guy a year. I think that would get him to a pro bowler two down the line. All right, ten year starter, but not good enough to be a perennial Pro bowler or an All Pro. Some guy that somebody that you can draft and is going to be for sure in your starting lineup.
Speaker 2: Brian, I'll let you.
Speaker 5: Start TJ Toomlow from Ohio j A.
Speaker 2: T T taking my guy.
Speaker 6: I thought I said that last one you got it to Milola, right.
Speaker 7: So I don't know if you imagine what you'lo.
Speaker 2: We got. We'll figure it out when.
Speaker 5: Well, this guy is gonna play.
Speaker 9: He's gonna play a long time in this league because he's a guy that when you look at him at Ohio State, he played a lot in college. He's a very steady player. There's nothing really expectactlar about his game. He plays the run, he could get you occasional pass. You can line him up in all different spots right there. This kid has not ever missed, has never missed a game in his college career. He is going to come into the league. He's gonna have the same kind of work ethic. He's gonna be productive. You're gonna love him. He's never gonna be probably good enough to be a Pro Bowl guy, but you're gonna love him on your defensive line.
Speaker 5: J T T.
Speaker 7: Do you think Roer Gray Zabel from North Dakota States as a center as everything? And that's why he's gonna be in the league. And one time, you know, we just we just wake up one day and we see these offensive line like, oh, Cody Fort playing guard for the Bengals. Now, like when that happened, right, I think Grays was gonna be one of those guys like he's he's probably gonna be a guard for somebody. He's gonna go to another school, another team and be like, oh, well can you play center for us?
Speaker 8: Fine?
Speaker 7: And I think in one pench he'll probably play tackle for somebody. You know, because he's on film playing everything. And I have a ton of confidence that he has great film everywhere. Some dudes just play everywhere, but they play it just to be playing everywhere. I think great Zabel has fantastic film. I'll say pretty good film. I don't want to say fantastic. He has pretty good film everywhere. And he went to the Senior Bowl and had some pretty good Senior Bowl practice lining up everywhere. I think that's worth being a ten year due for somebody.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna go with Caleb Johnson, running back from Iowa.
Speaker 8: Oh Okay, he's gonna be a Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: He might be a Pro bowler, but I just don't know if I can see. And it's tough with running back because if you are going to be in the league for ten years as a running back, you're probably going to make.
Speaker 2: A Pro bowler too.
Speaker 3: But one of the more decorated running backs in Iowa program history. He had fifteen hundred rushing yards and twenty one touchdowns in his final season, led to big ten in both of those categories, but it was the six and a half yards per carry you talk about, explosive first step, smart, durable runner. The durable is where I'm putting ten years of his career together. He's got a wide base, allows for the good balance and ability to break tackles at the second level gets to the second level first, and the vision and timing as he waits for those blocks to develop is all very fantastic. Good red zone runner, which means even if he does lose a step eight nine years down the line, I still think he's a guy that could be in the mix. So I know it's kind of risky to take a running back and put place a ten year tag on him, but I think he if there was a guy that could do it, and he's going to outlast the rest of the running backs in this class.
Speaker 2: I think Caleb Johnson is the guy to do that.
Speaker 6: Well, Brian poached my guy, JTT, who is better than Captain Jack Sawyer's teammate by the way, I'll fighting, I know you're watching. Wow, JTT is a better roll around Player's gonna better NFL player than his teammate. There, why do you hate? I don't hate Sawyer. I don't hate Sawyer. I just JGTS is one of the guys that's being slept on in this year's draft, Like he Bury Marshaw Neelan like to me, like, is he ever gonna be a double digit sack guy? I don't know, but I feel that He's going to be good for a long long time in the year.
Speaker 2: You feel good about marshaon Neelan, that's good?
Speaker 6: I do now, yeah, I do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Whyatt milem Let's go while Milea out of West Virginia started thirty two to thirty six games, including thirty one in a row. Iron Mountaineer Award did not allow a sacker quarterback hitting his junior season in twenty twenty three. He's played right tackle as a freshman that moved to left tackle. He played defensive tackle in high school. She's got a little bit of that, that defensive mentality as well. I like this guy. I think he can pull around the edge. She's impressive. I thought against Abdol Carter and the opener. I think you can play tackle if you need him to. But he's ideally a guard. I like him in a phone booth working combo blocks with the tackler of the center. I think he's a clean player, and he showed a tremendous amount of consistency on tape. Strong upper body, smooth lateral movement. I think he can sink his hips, play with good pad level. He does play with braces right, two big old braces on those knees. But who the hell's not these days? I feel like every one of these offensive line and you're watching.
Speaker 3: They're looking at CINEC right now, and there's not a single person on the ope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're all wearing these big old braces.
Speaker 2: No, they none of them had a brace.
Speaker 6: Oh Cincinnati, Well that's why their offense line that. Yeah, probably spend a minute of the damn Breakay, go ahead, get those braces. But he's a finisher and I like that when it comes to dude like Wyatt Milen, He's that's some meanness to his game.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Any honorable mentions of this group that we've kind of been thinking out somebody that you might have wanted to talk about but didn't get a chance to just before we close out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got one four year two if I could. I want to talk about this young man because we get to him though, but because I think I think Exavier watch the safety Notre Dame. Yeah, you know Notre Dame. All of a sudden, you know their defense and what they've been able to do. You know, the playoff run they had. Xavier wats a big part of that. He is a right time. He's at the right time kind of a player. You know, he's always in position, he gets turnovers. This guy was a converted wide receiver. That's just I think his best football is ahead of him playing safety. I wouldn't call him an elite athlete, but he moves and he runs well, and he really trusts his eyes and the way he plays, and you could tell that's the way he does. I think he's going to play in the league for a long long time. Xavier Watts Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: Hi, I playery. I put in my notes like, I'm not sure how you can dislike this guy when you Watchets He's tough, he's awesome.
Speaker 8: Real.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, Zach just likes guys that play in cornfields because I know Notre Dame's not in a cornfield, but he's from Omaha.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, he's from Omaha.
Speaker 6: I do you like me some Nebraska as well? Go big Red? How about Alfred Collins, defensive tackle from Texas. All right, we're talking a lot about these defensive tackles in Alfred Collins's name is not getting mentioned enough. Fifth year senior let all Texas d Lineman with seven pass breakups.
Speaker 2: He had a rep in that Georgian da.
Speaker 6: And I've said it before and I know it's crazy. I don't want to compare him to this guy because this is elite level play, but he has flashes of Chris Jones to me when I watch him play. I love Alfred Collins where he technically sound second round forty four, I'd take him there, and I think he's better than t J.
Speaker 2: Sanders.
Speaker 6: I think he's better than day On Walker.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: To me, I like him more than Walter Nolan, I do personally. But he's disruptive. He can push the pocket, it works, stunts well, shot and shed gets off blocks. But he's great in the run game. I mean to me, this is a one tag that is also going to give you really good pass rush ability. So he is going to shut down the run, can take on double teams, he can improve his finish like. He's easy guy that does have some warts to his game. He's not perfect by any means or else. I'd advocate him for twelve, but I love Alfred Collins and in a really stacked defensive tackle draft, he's a guy that I'll stand on the table for and I'll fight for Alfred Collins.
Speaker 2: And you might be on that island alone there, fine with me, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Go for it.
Speaker 9: Jordan Phillips, I think is a better player for Maryland. And I also feel like that CJ. West from Indiana is a better player.
Speaker 6: Oh. I saw both of them live and Shrine Bowl with you vatch, but I would disagree on both of those.
Speaker 8: Tyler Williams Ohio State.
Speaker 6: I like tylerk Lot.
Speaker 8: Tyler Wiives is a bad boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 6: I've got Tyler and he moves like a g They're both right there in the second round.
Speaker 7: For me, Well, Tyler Williams is a guy that I'm gonna go with. And you know, he's not a guy that just does one thing, but he's bad at another thing. He's powerful, strong, and he moves like great effort, great movement for his size. I think he has a really good first steps. Is bad at Alfric Collins. Yeah, I don't think Collins is a complete player just yet. I think he's really athletic. I think he can be a consistent run player sometimes, but I think sometimes he gets lost in the fight, Like like.
Speaker 5: Question, you see him losing the ball.
Speaker 7: Like he'll get engaged with the offensive lineman and it becomes be fighting this offensive lineman. But he gets but he forgets the fundamental things that I think he has the upside to be a really good pass rusher from the inside, but he doesn't really have the hands in the tool belt just yet. But he's a he's a ball of clay ish, really good athlete, one tech guy.
Speaker 2: So like, would you have trouble with forty four?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I have problem?
Speaker 5: Would yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because because and this goes back to our Nolan Uh he's around there. So I got Collins in the fourth round, and that's all right.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 7: So these are the guys I got. These are the guys I got better than Collins, Graham, Grant Williams, Harmon no Lynd TJ. Sanders Chang's not better Darius Alexander like Toledo, Norman, C. J. West uh uh, Jordan Phillips. And I got Deon Walker. I might switch Dean Walker thre because he looking a little laser right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm halfway with with Tyler Williams.
Speaker 6: I just got lacks consistency.
Speaker 8: Tyler.
Speaker 7: This is my problem with with you saying that he least consists This is my problem with you saying that because you love Dereck Harmon, Right, And I went back and did a deep dive on on on On Harmon, and I think his best game was like Boise or something like that. He was going to have to beating the hell out the boys State kids.
Speaker 6: But I didn't stay it was pret damn good too.
Speaker 7: Sure, I thought he fell off a little bit versus some of the better guys, Right, I didn't think Tylee fell off at all. And this is versus Texas, Penn State, Michigan, this is versus Tennessee, Notre Dame. I don't think Tyler with the playoff he stood out. I don't think he has. But if you're watching for the.
Speaker 6: Playoffs, if you if you watch him before the playoff, which is what I did because I've seen him before the playoffs started, he definitely is. He got that. I thought had some consistency issues with his game. I want to see him put together more consistency. I think he's a flash player, is what I played.
Speaker 8: He was a flash player.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jack sawyer as send it in the playoff, which is hey, there's something to be said about that, right, big time games. But I think some of the stuff. You're knocking Outfred Collins for I could go ahead and pick apart Tyler Williams too, if that's what we want to do here.
Speaker 8: I think I think it shows about hold on me and me and Wilson.
Speaker 7: I think Tyler Wiggs beat the hell out of all the misky kids, out of all the Penn State kids that he ran even the Oregon guys right like you know, like he had a he he ran into them.
Speaker 6: And Alfred Collins was being the hell out of Georgia both times they played. Did it against Ohio statt A Well.
Speaker 5: He got knocked around against Georgia and that.
Speaker 9: Oh no, the first the second first one got knocked around.
Speaker 2: The whole Texas team had played.
Speaker 6: He played against against.
Speaker 7: I'll just say this, I think I think Williams is the face of like playing in playout, game in game game in came out, consistency. And he's the three hundred and I think he's three. He looks three forty. And he does look big and and and and and he's not just doing the eight gap stuff like if they're running sweeps and outside zon he's hot tailing his over there to the outside.
Speaker 6: He's that one tech that can also give you all that wiggle that you want. I like Tyler Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's uh, he's my third guy after Grant.
Speaker 6: But I don't think there's a big drop off between him and now for Collins at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually have them touching tags. I have Williams ahead of Collins, but they're right there for me.
Speaker 8: Bryan, you go because shaking.
Speaker 9: No, No, we're running out of time. I'm with you on this one, though. Watch I'm you have him further down, much further. Where do you have him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I have him in the fourth round? Oh coins, where do you have just I have in the in the let's see where I have Tyler Williams. I think I had him in the second round, should have in a second in the second. Grant Williams Harmon won my three second round. Where do you have Sanders in the third?
Speaker 8: Third round?
Speaker 9: I got Sanders Norman Lott hyphenated name there, and then Alexander in the third Alexander?
Speaker 8: What round you got?
Speaker 6: Third?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, I got me in three.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched Alexander yet as a bad boy, A really good from Toledo. Yeah, yeah, he's gonna go a lot higher than he was a senior Bowl guy, but I didn't his tape from true.
Speaker 6: Okay, Alexander Norman Lott. Who do you like more? There?
Speaker 2: Norman Lott? Right now, I've got Norman Lot over Alexander.
Speaker 7: I have, I have Norman Lott. Pardon me, I gotta okay? So okay, I got normally see this is my thing, right, Norman Lott is the bona fide pass rush guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Alexander does everything right like Alexander.
Speaker 7: Little Alexander over Norman lat But Norman Latt does what the league wants. Was the past rushy thing. So I'm a probably just flip flopping. But I got Alexander over Norman.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is this is a fluid board. I will I will change it whenever I feel and we see Alexander though, Alexander, that's a great point though.
Speaker 3: Remember when you're building the boards at home and you're taking notes and you're watching this show and you're thinking about everything, things will change. There's still sixty five days to the NFL Draft. It's all gonna be fluid, it's all gonna change. We may come back in a month and a half and Zach's gonna have Tyler Williams over.
Speaker 6: Alfie might have to be my number one defensive back. Figure it out along the way.
Speaker 2: But that's what's fun.
Speaker 5: Time became.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: That does it for us here on the Draft Show sixty five days.
Speaker 3: As I said, from the NFL Draft, We'll be back on Thursday to continue breaking it down for you. We're gonna talk to some assistant coaches, maybe get a better idea of how this board's starting to come together. Momentarily, I wonder if anybody's asking draft questions. I hope Bobby's over there asking all the chu we'll see for Brian brought us for Voch Lombardi, Zach Wilchuck, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft Show.
Speaker 2: We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.