Speaker 1: It's podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I am not your host, Spencer Newheart, but instead i'm his wife, Shelby Huber, and I am joined by some lovely folks today, the other Meat Eater wives and girlfriends. So we're gonna go around the room and introduce some new faces. Jennifer, do you want to start? I can start. I'm Jennifer Jones.
Speaker 3: A microphone, Jennifer, I've already forgot Jennifer Jones. I'm married for twenty one lovely years.
Speaker 4: Yannis Brutelis twenty one you no, yes.
Speaker 2: Round of applause. It can be done. What's the secret? What's a secret? Twenty one years? The secret? The secret? You just gotta let it go sometimes good to know.
Speaker 5: I'm Sarah Culkins and I'm married to Corey Corey Culkins with the Meat Eater and married for less than nine years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty good. We look like twins. I can confirm. It's questionable.
Speaker 6: It's funny. Kelsey Morris. I am married to Seth Morris for how long?
Speaker 4: Two years?
Speaker 6: Two long years?
Speaker 2: And what do you do? Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm an artist, very talented, she.
Speaker 7: Tell yourself w W dot k y artworks dot com.
Speaker 2: I am Alex Eigan, soon to be married to meat eaters Max Barta in almost two weeks. Yeah, we almost didn't let you come because you're not a wife for a girlfriend, I know. I think I'm the only meat eater of fiance. Yeah that's exciting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're going to vacate that spot and we know what we do.
Speaker 8: Adrian Taylor married to Phil Yeah, how.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling? Adrian's the reigning champ here guys, so she's got to defend her child. Yeah, we will see what happens. I mean, I think it was a fluke, but so not a lot of confidence down on that end of the table. No, but also not any nerves. So oh okay, low pressure. I love very low pressure. Okay.
Speaker 7: I'm Sidney Williams, married to Randall Williams for nine years for doing that.
Speaker 2: And she's a real doctor, So doctor Sidney. Is their pressure on your end from Randall?
Speaker 7: Over confidence? I think pressure okay, okay, strongly from you, not from me at all, Only from Randall. He's like, you're going to do great, and it's like, I don't know, we'll see all right? Well, confidence is confidence.
Speaker 4: We'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'm Carrie Henderson and I'm married to Brodie Henderson obviously, and.
Speaker 4: I think it's like nineteen years.
Speaker 2: I really should know this. We've been together a long time.
Speaker 4: So when's your anniversary.
Speaker 2: It's in September. September twenty third. Good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little pop quiz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: So if anybody wants to do the quick math, you can.
Speaker 4: I hate no math questions today, I hope.
Speaker 9: Yeah, really clear Katie Finch and I am married to Stephen Ranella and I was trying to ship talk you there, but you weren't engaging with the ship talk, so too nice. I really came and I just I'm not going to do well, but I still like the ship.
Speaker 2: Spencer did tell me that Katie sent a message because you weren't supposed to be here, but you moved your schedule around so she could come. Beat these bitches. It's on. It's on, Katie, ladies, did you come in? Last time shot second middle of the pack nears at the top of the middle right, I enjoy. This is exactly what I wanted to and last we're not least here.
Speaker 10: Sam Bates I am not married to Ryan Callahan, and I've been working at Meat Eater for five years now, so really I'm here because I work here connected.
Speaker 2: You've played an episode, probably, I think a couple of episodes.
Speaker 4: The first episode I.
Speaker 10: Really did not understand the rules, and yeah, apparently that didn't go well. And then the second time I got two answers right, Hey, hot, I.
Speaker 2: Get three right, add some confidence. Are you feeling absolutely okay? Okay? I love to hear it well. If you're not familiar at home, this is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing. Now, before we get going, we have a zero percenter question of the week. This test how much knowledge players have retained from previous shows. The question was from the Last Wives episode and the topic was conversation a conservation excuse me, and nobody got it right. Uh, So we'll see if you guys get it this time. Dear memories, that was a long time ago, so when it was like a year and a half ago. Corey warrened, I think it was a November all right. Well, we'll see if anyone remembers this what character created by the Forest Service in nineteen seventy use the catchphrase give a hoot, don't police, you can go out. I remember that this didn't make sense. This cala is like Willy the Owl or something.
Speaker 11: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's not alliteration, it was something. He is an owl. It's an owl, and his name is not anything you would think Willie's close. Do you want me to tell you you didn't get? The correct answers given were mister Owl, Oscar Owl, Plucky the Owl, Allie the Owl, and Wally the Owl. So a lot of everyone answers than the real one loves Woodsy Owl. Actually, I uh, I thrifted him this big bag of vintage like buttons and there was a Woodsy owl holographic one in there, and he's like kept it in his office ever since.
Speaker 4: It's near and dear in his heart.
Speaker 2: We also have an infrequently asked question for today. If you have a trivia related question for the crew, send it to Trivia at the Meat Eater dot com with the subject line I F a Q Aaron Shelton wants to know every episode you have a Shelby Index. I'm curious how she feels about answering your trivia questions every week. Does she feel like it's a chore or is she excited to play each time? Also? Is she competitive about her standing among other people's scores? Well, Aaron, I have mixed feelings. I do not love being a perpetual loser because I am competitive and I'm the only loser who consistently has their losing score announced. You know, don't love that, but I do like to play. I get excited when he comes and asks me. It's like the second he's done writing questions, he comes and it's like, doesn't matter what I'm doing, He's like, can you can you play trivia right now? Okay? And I do think it helps him. I hope it helps him right a more well rounded set of questions. But some other folks in here have actually been an index, like Yanni used Jennifer here, how did uh?
Speaker 4: And I think Sydney and Katie.
Speaker 2: Carrey you were all indexes as well. How'd you guys like participating? Yeah? It was okay.
Speaker 3: If there are any plant questions, those are always from me, by the way, from now, so you're welcome.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I don't know that. I thought about the losing part though, So now, yeah, I'm gonna think about that. People ask me all the time. They're like, oh, Shelby, is that fun? I'm like, no, telling me how badly you beat me? How about you, guys? Did did you enjoy it?
Speaker 9: I didn't even remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, but maybe not too bad?
Speaker 6: Is there a spencer index for today's game?
Speaker 2: You know? To be honest, he actually wrote all these questions as well. So I did ask my sister these questions, so I got eight of them right. To be fair, I like.
Speaker 4: Cheated, I mean kind of.
Speaker 2: I mean I live with the guy. We consume a lot of the same media. You know, there's a reason I'm I'm not playing today. My sister ended up getting five right, so and she's even more removed from meat eater than I am. So we'll see. Uh, there's no housekeeping today. So with that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look.
Speaker 9: I need to know what I stand.
Speaker 12: Yeah, fancy right, you guys wearing headphones if you're hearing the drop right now. But it's the audience at home. If you are listening, hear that it's directly told or who wants to be a million?
Speaker 4: Well it fits.
Speaker 2: As always. The first question is multiple choice and the topic is conservation. All right, are you ready?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 2: The Henry go the Henry Derley Zoo, which was voted America's best zoo by USA Today?
Speaker 4: Is in what city?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: Omaha, Tampa, Colorado.
Speaker 4: Springs or Oakland, California? The Henry Dorley Zoo.
Speaker 2: What were the options? Again? Yeah, it's Omaha, Tampa TV behind you, Colorado Springs or Oakland. Oh okay, best zoo by USA today.
Speaker 4: And we're looking for this city. It resides in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no idea. Oh boy, we don't have any zoo fans in the in the room.
Speaker 7: Randall's like a big zoo guy and we just talked about this and I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Randall's confidence is already Wayne.
Speaker 4: Bigs, you guys, I would agree. So all right, how are we feeling? Everybody got an answer.
Speaker 2: At a right to go with my gut? Okay, that's all you can do. And you don't know, right, I mean, I don't even have a gut on this one. There's choices. The first thing that I thought, go ahead and reveal your answers. We got Jennifer saying Tampa, Sarah says Oakland, Kelsey Omaha, Alex Omaha, Adrian says Tampa, Sydney says Tampa, Carrie says colorade of Springs, Katie says Tampa, and Sam says, o mah, we have a few correct answers. It's Omaha.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feels so right. Did anyone know it though? So my gut failed me start bad, start, start second guests, and I just.
Speaker 14: Got the first answer.
Speaker 2: I thought about that too.
Speaker 4: That's always my theory.
Speaker 2: Omaha's Henry Dorley Zoo also won the award for Best Zoo Exhibit for their two acre desert dome. The zoo is home to seventeen thousand animals from a thousand different species. Some of their current conservation work includes genetic screenings of the world's rarest crocodile and nutritional studies.
Speaker 4: For native pollinators.
Speaker 2: My sister actually just went to the I'm sorry, my sister's daughter. She just went there and loved the stingray touch tank. So fun.
Speaker 9: Great feel like Nebraska is like the Secret of America. Like there's so many great things about are you still can't Confirmobraska from Nebraska and as someone from Michigan like I feel like, I feel like people from Nebraska are just top.
Speaker 2: Notch people are great.
Speaker 6: Nothing against the people.
Speaker 2: Keep this in mind as I meet people from Nebraska. Going afterward, all right, onto question too. The topic is hunting my favorite. Let's go all right, what's the plant inspired nickname for a white tail buck that doesn't shed its velvet? Okay?
Speaker 10: Questions?
Speaker 2: What's the plant inspired nickname for a white tail buck that does not shed its velvet? Choice? I know this. Kelsey's confident, She's already got her answer down and looking at a lot of empty boards. Though I feel like I do know this, except it's not registering. We're looking for the plant inspired nickname. I can't even think of that. I have to.
Speaker 4: It's this room, That's what it is.
Speaker 6: I have to feel what the energy is here as opposed to regularly.
Speaker 12: Oh, this is so much more fun the other games are. I mean, thanks to Randall and Steve. It's just really just a bummer.
Speaker 2: I have it. I have a question.
Speaker 10: Does the plant uh not shed?
Speaker 2: Or I don't really know any plants that shed? I don't green heavily, green heavily.
Speaker 14: We act to get the nickname right or just like the plant portion of the nickname.
Speaker 2: The nickname we're looking for the nickname. It's a plant based nickname, so the nickname has a plant in the name. How many questions are we allowed to ask? As many as the room was a plant edible? What is.
Speaker 10: It used to get rid of ghosts in your house?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do we all have answers?
Speaker 3: Lot?
Speaker 4: The thing can still happen, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Just get it, just get on the bone, all right? Are we waiting on anybody? Okay, that's okay. Points on this one, you know what, I would take them, but again in the heart, in the heart, So we gotta change the rules. You know what I told Spencer, if I could change any rules, I think that half points are valid.
Speaker 4: That you should totally If you.
Speaker 2: Don't want half, it's given. You shouldn't ask multiple part questions.
Speaker 7: Yes, questions with multiple party Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I will advocate for that. All right, we all good? Nope, but yeah, go ahead your answers. We got Jennifer saying a fern, but we got Sarah Saye, Corntaale Kelsey says a cactus buck, Alex says a fern buck. Adrian sage, but Sidney a mossy buck. Carrie Fernie. That's cute. Actually, I love that, Katie Sage, Sam sage velvet. We have one correct answer and it is Kelsey.
Speaker 6: I actually didn't know.
Speaker 2: I do and forgot it. That answer makes me I only know this because I killed one.
Speaker 4: I think, did you get it?
Speaker 2: Mounted?
Speaker 4: I'm always curious. That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to have the velvet on their cactus bucks can be caused by a hormone imbalance, injury, or disease. While most bucks shed their velvet in late summer, a cactus buck will keep theirs until they shed their antlers in winter. In many cases, a cactus bucks antlers will also grow to unusual sizes and shapes.
Speaker 14: We all know about hormonal balance.
Speaker 2: Just starting off on the Wags episode, all right, Question three is cooking and this is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Sam Taylor for sending in this great question. Sam is going to get a board game signed by the crew, and if you want a chance to win the Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. All right. Dictionary dot com added this two word term in twenty twenty three, which is defined as quote a meal consisting of snacks, side dishes, and small portions of randomly assembled foods. Katie is confident. Oh, Sydney's writing. Everyone else kind of looks stumped. Here. I'm thinking of girl dinner. Yeah, I know that's interesting. Okay, is not the answer.
Speaker 15: Quote a meal consisting of snacks was assembled booth.
Speaker 2: I had no comment diction. We're not talking.
Speaker 9: It's dictionary, duck diary.
Speaker 2: Anything could be anything. Yeah, excited to get that ChEls right answer? Did I just realized she's trying to right now?
Speaker 9: So that's negative points right, yeah, because I was the one I got right.
Speaker 2: I was mad.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to sabotage you.
Speaker 2: Are we ready to reveal our answers? Everybody across the board, it's girl dinner. I think we all thought that one. That one's all for everybody show my mouth. I thought it was like the girl. Yeah, Spencer loves girl dinner. So girl dinner was among three hundred and twenty seven entries added to dictionary dot com last year, as well as Bustin' the ick, slow fashion shacket, mid and barbiecore Bone Appetite Magazine says the ideal girl dinner should resemble a small tracouterie board with crackers, pickles, deli meat, squacamole.
Speaker 4: Hummus, fruit, and glass of wine.
Speaker 2: Bone Appetite Magazine, just talking about it, seems pretty legit. A girl dinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, it's my favorite thing during hunting season when Corey's gone to just eat girls dinner every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, watch trash yep, Love Island and girl dinners.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, way of life.
Speaker 2: All right. Question four is Wildlife. This two thousand and five documentary follows the annual migration of Emperor pang wins in Antarctica. Oh oh, sounds like a pretty confident room or of the documentary. God, I know it's on the tip of everyone's tongue. Not a lot of folks writing, but a lot of people. Katie, Are there any thoughts you want to say out loud?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good, good guess.
Speaker 2: This two thousand and five documentary follows the annual migration of emperor penguins in Antarctica. We're looking for the name of the documentary.
Speaker 4: As Spender honestly.
Speaker 2: Okay, seen it? I can't remember? Are we ready to waiting on you? No pressure? Can I not remember that? I'm finally gonna get a on the board.
Speaker 4: So sounds like a lot of the room has seen this documentary.
Speaker 2: I have not seen it, but of this, okay, are we ready that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Some part points for what's his face?
Speaker 2: I can't think of his name?
Speaker 4: N A, No it's not I don't keep it.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I've got it for you here. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Jennifer says March of.
Speaker 11: The Penguins, Kelsey says happy.
Speaker 2: Feet, Alex says the Grand March, all so close, Adrian March of the Penguins, Sydney March of the Penguins, Carry March of the Penguins, Katie March of the Penguins, Sam Emperor, Morgan Freeman. You got that, I knew. Yeah. Margin was narrated by marg Yeah.
Speaker 10: I can't even remember the titles of the shows that we make here.
Speaker 2: Well it was narrated by Morgan Freeman. And it went fine. There you go. Fifteen awards, including the Oscar for Best Documentary, and many praise the film for promoting strong family values, even though Emperor Penguin's change mats every years interesting didn't get that out of it. Interesting, all right? Question five?
Speaker 4: The topic is camping another excited.
Speaker 2: Not excited guys like they're signing for every single time?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Am I hearing that everyone's got a grumble? So all right? This travel trailer company, which was founded in nineteen thirty one, is best known for their campers that are nicknamed the silver Bullets. Okay, Alex is confident down their big noves. Sam, you seem confident. Okay, not so sure, some false confidence. Maybe I know the answer and I cannot think of what it is.
Speaker 16: That's how I Oh my god, my brain is just not in it.
Speaker 2: We feel really bad for you. At one point, narrator is the camper. Yes, This trail travel trailer company, which was founded in nineteen thirty one, is best known for their campers that are nicknamed the silver Bullet.
Speaker 14: Can I draw a picture of one?
Speaker 2: Draw a picture for no point? So you're good, it's coming to you. My family had one of the users and they I'm jealous. I would call it the twinkie.
Speaker 4: The twink maybe a hint. Maybe it's a silver bullet, same thing. It's my dream to have one, so god.
Speaker 2: What it is and the word is just not existing, You're.
Speaker 12: Going to be so mad.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's honestly like if you ask me my name right now, and I was like, I don't know, Like it's one of those I know what the answer is, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're giving away answers. I'm right here, yapping, are you ready to reveal? Okay, go ahead and reveal.
Speaker 11: Jennifer is an over stream?
Speaker 2: So close such airstream? Adrian has a very good drawing of an airstream. No words written down. Sydney, Carrie, Katie and Sam all got it. It is airstream. The air trying to.
Speaker 10: Feel like trivia doesn't cater to all of the ways our minds were exactly.
Speaker 2: Thank you, yeah, trivia, cause we get like, if it's either pictionary, you know what, that sounds really fun. Yeah. I feel like that's the direction we really needed going. Okay. The airstream design draws inspiration from airplanes, which gives them that iconic silver bullet look. The company flirted with the idea of creating pastel airstreams in the fifties, but abandoned the project after making one gold camper for the founder's wife. Although they're best known for their vintage campers, Airstreams still produces new ones today. A twenty twenty four model will run you anywhere from fifty grand to two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 14: Did they know that gold is not pastel? They seem to throw on the towel a little too soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, I would give my right arm for like a baby pink airstream. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Didn't they Barbie ones at one point? I don't know or is that just a made up They made a bunch of different campers for Barbie.
Speaker 2: I had a Barbie r V. Yeah, the boys would love that. Nuts.
Speaker 9: They should not to be a downer about it, but aren't they? Like? You can't have them in places where there's hail? Oh, probably get destroyed.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They get dend not the two hundred thousand dollars twenty four? Probably, I don't know. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Airstream should tell all right?
Speaker 15: Well, that gives us one Yeah, yeah, airstream do you get dented?
Speaker 2: That brings us halfway through our game of trivia? So give us a scoreboard update, phil Oh.
Speaker 12: Yes, oh yeah, we have visuals now here. We are well. Even without Kelsey's Girl Dinner giveaway, everyone would be on the board, So give yourselves a pat on the back. Jennifer and Sarah and Adrian enter tied up in last place with two points. Coming up next with you got Alex, Sidney, Carry, Katie and Sam all tied up with three, and in first place it's Kelsey with four points, doing very unsportsmanlike.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's go. I already made my goal, so that's my game. Everything everyone's in this all right, Let's move along to question six. The topic is cooking.
Speaker 13: Yay.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you'll feel that way after I read this. What Reality star famously asked in a two thousand and three episode of The Newlyweds if tuna was fish or chicken birthday? If you know when Sam's birthday is famine? That girl question you're not getting. I'm not getting this question. I have never watched reality. This is a complaint. I really wanted to ask about this one. Don't get it a win. I feel like there's a yeah.
Speaker 4: I think knows this one.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 6: Well, we were just saying this is an ageous question.
Speaker 16: No it's not because they still make commercials to this day.
Speaker 2: This person in it promoted an I don't care if that was cheating, that you should take it. I was seven, bragg okay, I graduated from college. I was twelve, So same boat. We're looking for the reality star that famously asked in two thousand and three episode of The Newlyweds if tuna was fish or chicken? Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, reveal your answers.
Speaker 11: Jen says, Jamie Tucker, Sarah, Jessica Simpson, Kelsey says, Paris Hilton, Alexis, Paris Hilton, Adrian, Jessica Simpson, Sidney, Jessica Simpson, Carrie Hilton, Paris, I like Jane Jessica Simpson, Sam Jessica Simpson.
Speaker 2: That is correct. It is Jessica Simpson. That happens on the pilot episode of Jessica Simpson and Nichola Cha's MTV reality show. And Phil has a clip for us, Oh thank you? Is this chicken what I have? Or is this fish?
Speaker 7: Once again?
Speaker 11: But it says chicken whatever era godou see.
Speaker 2: I love the way he looks at her, like, are you serious? Don't like? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happening here, but this looks like a.
Speaker 9: Typical conversation where that they were married.
Speaker 4: I don't think that they were in the news.
Speaker 2: I think that they were retreat. I'm not familiar with this show. This this man Sandwich is like, this is like Chicken, I mean in the Chicken. I didn't know it was on MTV.
Speaker 4: I just knew this clip.
Speaker 2: This clip was so popular. I didn't have knew it. So yeah, and I didn't watch on TV.
Speaker 5: I was I'm forty three, so very this was very much of the Wheelhouse too.
Speaker 2: But good girls question though. Yeah, Spencer just has a soft spot for like early two thousands reality TV. He's the only reason I've ever seen that because I was also seven. But uh, Jessica Simpson and Nicko Lache iconic. I love it. Twenty one years later, Simpson actually found a way to capitalize on the blunder by starring in a commercial for none other than Chicken of the Sea, and Phil has another clip for us.
Speaker 12: I would if Spencer didn't send me an instruction at the last second and just ruined my whole That's what I was referring to earlier.
Speaker 4: Spencer is the worst, absolutely terrible.
Speaker 12: So much, give me, give me one. Sorry, just talk amongst yourselves for.
Speaker 2: This hasn't been a problem so far, you know. So Chicken of the Sea has is what confused her. For those of you that didn't hear the.
Speaker 4: Clip, she was like, so is this chicken? I know it's tuna?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 6: Chicken?
Speaker 14: Canned chicken and canned tuna very similar.
Speaker 2: Fair, fair texture is her now? This is twenty one years later.
Speaker 4: So yeah, eating that packet.
Speaker 9: It's called Chicken of the Sea, but it's not really chicken.
Speaker 2: It's tuna. So don't get confused by it.
Speaker 10: Who would ever get confused by no one?
Speaker 2: Not your mom? Is the one for me.
Speaker 13: It has lean protein, it keeps me fueled, is a busy working long and it even comes and portable packets.
Speaker 2: Now and it's a Mermaid approved. Yes, I know it's too. It was a super Bowl commercial, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I'll take your word for it. I think it was. I don't know, wrong selling it.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 9: I did not watch the Super Bowl this year, and I love the commercials. I feel like you like that one?
Speaker 2: Is that one of the best top five? I don't know, I don't remember any of them.
Speaker 14: I remember I've seen this commercial and I feel like it was a Super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 2: I believe you. We stream everything. I don't see commercials anymore.
Speaker 8: Yeah, whenever our kids are watching like regular tea, they do not understand. We had to explain Saturday morning cartoons the other day, not like you just it was on from this time to this time and whatever was on was what you had to watch and you couldn't go back.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And they were just like, what, like, yeah, I couldn't skip it.
Speaker 2: Like it's just appointment television. Yeah, you didn't know when you wouldn't see it again.
Speaker 8: And they were like, they do not understand how that works.
Speaker 2: So funny. All right, Well question seven is woodsman's ship, So switching up the vibe a little bit, all right. Cambridge Dictionary defines this ten letter word as quote the activity of using GPS to search for small hidden prizes. We're looking for the ten letter word that is described as the activity of using GTS to search for small prizes. Kelsey is confident, heck yety not.
Speaker 10: I saidship wo.
Speaker 2: I thought that was what was said to it's woodsmanship, but I think that just means a in the woods shouldn't be word words. There's no Cambridge Dictionary definition of woodsmanship in the screw.
Speaker 9: So woodsmanship dinner.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that would look like.
Speaker 9: I feel like I eat that actually probably checks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like squirrel. Are we just waiting on you? Sam everyone else? Again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't know that I know either, even though I use g I quite a bit I did to look for.
Speaker 4: Might have ten letters?
Speaker 6: Yeah, an a couple of.
Speaker 14: Them change the tents es.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I also like leave it on there because I'm curious.
Speaker 2: More letters.
Speaker 3: I love this or are you ready to okay, have anything to do with some little card that kids collect?
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a thing where kids? Oh, I know what you're talking about. I think I was going to say it's not Pokemon, It's not Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't get.
Speaker 9: Adults tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: I'll just say it.
Speaker 2: Is described as the activity of using GPS to search for small hidden prizes. Who has done this thing?
Speaker 4: I think I have, but yeah, you probably have.
Speaker 2: It is fun the.
Speaker 16: Name, yeah, unfortunate for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love it. Let's reveal our answers. Jennifer says Orienteers. That sounds fun. Geo cashing, say Sarah Kelsey, Alex Adrian Sydney, Carrie Katie, and Sam says geo tracker. Yeah, geocashing is correct. Geocashing was created in two thousand by an organ man who originally called it the Great American GPS stash Hunt and just outside yeah a lot of catchier So just outside of Portland. He hid a black bucket that contained prizes like a slingshot, CDs and books. The game was renamed geocashing a few months later and blew up in popularity as handheld GPS became more accessible. All right, question eight gear This clothing brand, which was famous for their shirtless male greeterers, used to sell outdoor.
Speaker 4: Gear and guns.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, there's some people writing a lot of stumped faces.
Speaker 16: There are two options, and one of them it's not fa No again I argue not.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 7: I think when like we were.
Speaker 4: Young, it was the thing. I think, such a guss.
Speaker 2: This clothing brand, which was famous for their shirtless male greeters, used to sell outdoor gear and guns. If I'm correct, this clothing brand is incredibly popular. Once again, you know I thrown out hints. Yeah what I don't know, do you know.
Speaker 9: I mean, I feel like there's I've now written down two different things.
Speaker 14: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I feel good. That's a good sign I wrote it at first, you could you could do what the guys do. They like kind of as long as they don't change their answer after they like show each other much better about the second half of this game. Maybe by saying that it was not strong, We're gonna get out.
Speaker 6: What are you guys talking about over there?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen him a race?
Speaker 7: I have a give.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to show you mine? Mine? Obviously? Are you serious? You can get you can't change your answer? Okay? Does everyone have something written down? And then the group let's revealing the underwear? When I think, Jennifer says Calvin Klyn, Sarah says, Hollister, Kelsey says, Philson, Alex and Adrian say Amber Crosbie and Fitch, Sammy says, and fish. Carrie says Mossy. Oh, Katie and Sam both say Ambercrombie and Fitch. The room did pretty well. It was Amber Crombie and Fitch right now. I wanted to like boiled up. When Ambercrombie and Fitch was founded in New York, city. In eighteen ninety two, it called itself the greatest sporting goods store in the world. Out of their twelve story building on Madison Avenue. They sold binos, tents, fishing rods, knives, boats, guns, and more. But over the next one hundred years they transitioned to a to a he's got a TYPEO in here. This is not my fault. They transitioned to a brand for preppy teens and started employing shirtless mail greets and clerks. That practice came to an end in twenty fifteen when an Ambercrombie announced that they wanted a rebrand. They said they wanted to improve the sensory experience of the shopping in their stores, which meant less sense, more mighty quieter music, and no more half naked hunks. Did you ever walk into an Abercrombie and.
Speaker 13: While yeah, half naked, I just thought they shirtless and you would take pictures with them in high school.
Speaker 2: Which is so why, oh my gosh, and they were like on the bags and like all over the Yeah, it's a weird environment. Okay, it's time for another scoreboard update. Let's take it away. I'm s Jennifer.
Speaker 12: I'm so sorry. Before the visual scoreboard. I used to just like not mention the people.
Speaker 2: I actually don't consume a lot of.
Speaker 3: I've ever been into its.
Speaker 12: Two points up next to Sarah and Katie who are tied up with four. Kelsey's Carrie, Sorry Sarah, Carrey, Sarah and carry next to Katie, not Katie. It's carry, Sarah and Carry have four. Alex, Adrian, Sam and Kelsey. I'll have five points apiece and tied up in first place are Sydney and Katie.
Speaker 6: How many more questions?
Speaker 2: Question? A lot of you guys are still in it. It is a tight game here, I mean you have the option opportunity to win. There's two more questions. You got a chance? Sam, You're in this? All right? Question nine is fishing?
Speaker 11: You have not.
Speaker 2: Like the last question? All right? The blank ribbon fishery classification is the highest honor a stream can get implying it has exceptional water quality, access and fishing.
Speaker 14: I'm guessing, but I feel good about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, The blank ribbon fishery classification is the highest honor a stream can get implying it has exceptional water quality, access and fishing.
Speaker 14: Oh wrong, Then the real answer is dumb.
Speaker 2: I would agree. I feel the same. I think we all said the same thing. Are we all ready? Everyone's ready? All right, let's reveal that was a one. Oh my gosh, I think the whole room said blue. Everyone said blue, and everyone's right. It is the blue ribbons classification closer to Yeah, they are like a gold metal fishery. There are gold I thought of my beatrial questions.
Speaker 3: Ribbons are not typically gold or something weird, but it's like, I think there's a lot of them here.
Speaker 2: Although many states use the phrase blue ribbon fishery on an informal basis, other departments treat it as a real classification. Montana, for example, has four hundred and ten miles of water that they rate as blue ribbon fisheries. Missouri has nine waterways that they label as blue ribbon and even have the Blue ribbon trout slam. Wyoming has four classifications, with the blue ribbon being the best, followed by red ribbon, Yellow ribbon, and green ribbon.
Speaker 4: So there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Another scoreboard update from Phil before our.
Speaker 12: Last question, Well everyone got that one right correct? Oh yeah, yeah, so I think it's Sydney and Katie still tied up. Oh, yeah, seven points.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's hot here, Yeah it is. Phil has to turn the air off for recording in here.
Speaker 12: And no, I have no control over the air in here. I have no idea who controls it or where it's control from.
Speaker 2: My live Okay, I support this, Okay. Before we do the final question, I'm going to review all the correct answers for the listeners at home. So number one was Omaha, two was Cactus Buck, Three was Girl Dinner. Four was March of the Penguins. Five Airstream six Jessica Simpson seven geocaching eight Ambercrombie and Fitch. Nine Blue. And here is question ten. The topic is hunting. According to State Farm, what month are you most likely to hit a deer with your vehicle? According to State Farm, what months are you most likely to hit a deer with your vehicle? I know what it is. According to me, anyone ever hit a deer with their vehicle? I have been hit by a deer? What month? Maybe you don't want to you don't want to share you let's collect the data from the room.
Speaker 3: I hit a deer with Yanni's vehicle. So that big yeah, the big bumper that's on it now that's that's because of me.
Speaker 7: So I hit a deer on his way home from hunting with a deer in his car.
Speaker 5: To hunt, and yeah, yeah, it's still went hunting and.
Speaker 6: Specifically like, yeah, that is that is a hint.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah yeah but what yeah?
Speaker 4: What does everyone have an answer?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, okay, let's reveal, Jennifer says July, Sarah November, Kelsey November, Alex November, Adrian June, Sydney November, Carrie September, Katie December, Sam November.
Speaker 4: We have the right answers.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it's November.
Speaker 3: Do you bet it would be a summer month because there are more people on the road.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of good justification here. But State Farm collected the data from thousands of deer vehicle collisions in twenty twenty two and found that November is when you are most likely to have an accident, followed by October and December.
Speaker 4: Sorry Katie, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: They also found that the states you were most likely to hit a deer in are West Virginia, Montana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. But Spencer also hit deer while deer hunting, but both of those hunts were unsuccessful, so.
Speaker 4: He got is it a salvage tag?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he didn't come home empty handed.
Speaker 2: He just, you know, also came home with a big insurance bill from the Trump which is just as much fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, equally satisfying.
Speaker 2: Right, useful information. If you're hunting with your car, Yeah, go out in West Virginia or Montana in November.
Speaker 9: Do you guys feel like you know what to do if the deer jumps out in front of you? No, I don't either.
Speaker 2: I still hit it.
Speaker 5: I mean, don't swerve the danger you're in much more danger if you swerve, right. I mean, but I say that I don't necessarily follow that.
Speaker 2: Says Sarah Countless.
Speaker 5: Count I can't tell you, but I mean I'm from southern Illinois and Tennessee.
Speaker 2: I can. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I've hit several deers.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really bad luck.
Speaker 7: Well, have you changed your technique at all?
Speaker 2: I haven't. I haven't hit one of ten years ago, So I haven't hit one. Knocking down Now I'm really going.
Speaker 4: To be nervous.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's not a bummer. Is that? Sydney is our winter? Eight answers. Yeah, that was great, So well done, Sydney. That means you get to choose for the five hundred dollars donation from me Eter Go Wair.
Speaker 7: No, I'm going to Land Access initiative.
Speaker 2: Land Access the two that I could think of. Randall's confidence was not his place.
Speaker 12: Randall walk into my office about twenty minutes before this podcast and told me how nervous he was.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it will be a good night in the Williams Home ladies. Did do you think they allow us back in here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, next week needs.
Speaker 6: To happen until I win, and then I don't have to do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Good. We can retire when Kelsey takes a w Okay. Well, join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 9: Lock