Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Hey, everybody back by popular demand. Matthew Marsden of The Matthew Marsden Show. Some people are saying the greatest export of the United Kingdom probably all time, even better than Elton John. Some people say he is joining us. Now, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good mate, Yeah, yeah, better than Elton John. That's yeah, that's quite something.
Speaker 1: I believe it's Sir Elton John, Sir Elton John. But yes, probably true Elton John.
Speaker 2: Elton John.
Speaker 1: Well, You're Trump is better than mine. I'm impressed here. Trump is very good. So speaking of the UK and exports, looks like they're trying to import fascism. Kind of a rough turn there, You get what I'm saying. Though, I've seen ever since the jd Vance speech, everybody has been looking around at what's going on in Europe a little bit more and hearing these bureaucrats say that you can get arrested for saying mean things online. And this is a real I keep thinking that people in the US refuse to I keep coming across rather people in the US who refuse to believe this is a real thing. Right Like in the UK, Oh, if you say mean things about migrants in particular, they'll show up and they'll arrest you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's it's it's absolutely shocking. I mean, but when I was growing up ware where's growing up? I mean, my you know, my uncles were cops, and the police that the the the cops there have just become an absolute joke, you know. I mean, like I was literally talking to someone the other n They're saying, now, if something happens to you, they have to you have to email them, right literally, you can't call them anymore, you have to email them. And I didn't realize, I mean, when I first came to America, I realized that I wasn't free. Right in the UK, I thought that I was, but it was an illusion of freedom. And since Starmer's got in, he has gone all on Stazi, like you cannot say anything. It's like, you know, it's a charm and seah if you say something such feel our fans the other parts and then she must go to jail.
Speaker 2: And it's like it's unbelievable. What's going on in Europe.
Speaker 3: But what's worse is actually it's not just the fact that they are coming after people literally for memes right as you said, they are trying to stop people even.
Speaker 2: Thinking those things. This is the weird thing.
Speaker 3: It's it's so weird, and it's just accelerated massively with.
Speaker 1: Starma is there is there push see and for people who say, because I get this, sometimes even the radio, why are we talking about Europe, We've problemsed you in America Because exactly what they are doing in Europe is what the Democrat Party wants to do here. And I think it's important for people to see that. You know, if Chuck could lock you up as an American for saying, you know that you don't want millions of illegals pouring into the country, he would do it. I mean, Kamala would definitely do it. Like these are people who would use the force of that. We saw it during COVID too. There's no question during member during COVID, if you if you gathered to protest the idiotic restrictions and face masks, it was you were a public health danger. But if you wanted to pray to Saint George Floyd, the hardened felon who died in an interaction with a police officer. Then that was okay. So we all know that the fascist impulse or the authoritarian impulse, same thing, very alive and well here. But I do think that, I mean, you're thinking about the Germans. I'm sure you saw in sixty minutes they do this, like the Germans common They knocked like, have you been sharing some memes? And if the answer is yes, if you've been sharing memes that they that they did decide are too nasty, film find you and maybe even put you in prison. I always say to people too, it's not like they always think this makes them the nice people. And I have to mind everybody. The people that are okay with this are sending men with guns paid by this state to take away your freedom or shoot you. Because that's what actual arrest means. It's if you do what I say, or I'm gonna hurt you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're right. It's like you must not say it's a SATISFI and it's fat us. You'll go to the Gulag, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's you're mixing culture Germans Russian Gulag. You're mixing the culture. But I get what you're saying. I get what you're saying. You're doing you're doing well.
Speaker 2: But but you know, I mean, look, it's Europe has fallen.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was watching a Jdvan speech, which is probably the greatest vice president speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing, it was incredible.
Speaker 3: Just I was saying to my Shawlight, the way that it was written was brilliant. It was brilliantly written, brilliantly delivered, and he just stands there like, I have no fs to give now. I'm just telling you the way it is. And the thing is, I had a friend of mine. I got a friend of mine who I grew up with, and I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. I grew up in a very poor, poor environment.
Speaker 1: Where it was give me a little more of the buy. Where in the UK? Where was this?
Speaker 3: So I literally come from Mordor like where Tolkien based Mordor on.
Speaker 1: I come from what's it called?
Speaker 3: So it's in the Midlands. It's it's a place called West Bromwich. So if you are you a fan of like heavy metal music, do you like heavy metal music?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, like I know some of it, you know what I mean. I wouldn't say I'm an aficionado, but I'm familiar.
Speaker 2: So I come from where Judas Priest comes from.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know Judas Priest. Okay, yeah, I thought we were going to get like obscure here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now they're like literally lived across the street from where I grew up.
Speaker 2: So it was rough. But but my friend who was.
Speaker 3: A Granadier guarde for years, he texted me the other day and he was like.
Speaker 2: Did you see jd Vance's speech? It's awesome.
Speaker 3: So what you've got and this is it's really important from Americans to understand because I think that we kind of like look especially for the English speaking countries, and think that they're the same. Right, like Oscuar said, we're two countries separated by a common language. It's not true. Americans still have the frontiersman spirit. They still have that rebellious attitude, like you're not going to tell me what to do. And a lot of that comes from the fact that you can go outside and you can still get eaten by an animal, right that that does not happen in Europe. And so, but there are people over there Europe. Is that for whatever the people want to say in the mainstream media, it's worse over there, buck like they've got no alternative media.
Speaker 2: They are looking to America saying save us.
Speaker 1: So if you're if you're there, if you're like like some like burly British guy from what hole? Right, they're tough guys from hole? Is that is that right? That area? I'm right from the north and I'm like, you know, did we do all the familiar? Do you are those guys okay? With all like the DEI training and this, you know, you see what I mean? Like because in this country, yes, half the country believes in this, in this secular idea, that this secular religion of madness that is this modern democrat amalgamation, wokeness whatever. But in the UK, but half of us think that they're insane, right, you're telling me that half doesn't exist in the UK. Really, Like there's not actually a robust, large opposition party who's saying things like, yeah, we need to be able to say things that offend people, even people who are immigrants, even people who are non white and that's just the way it's gonna be, because that's what freedom means.
Speaker 3: That there are people that think it there's not a real party. So I think that what you have it's slightly different there, because what you have is you have like Generation X, like Generation X and older. That's the football hooligan generation. So literally we would go and watch the soccer every week and there would be fights right every weekend between the different two soccer teams, and it was just you just used to happen.
Speaker 2: And that was kind of the way.
Speaker 3: That that that generation would kind of like get out that aggression, the depression or whatever it was living in a crappy area and they would do that. And that was gradually phased out over the years, right to make it it's more like I'm going to go and eat my prawn sandwich at the football now, right. But there's still an entire generation of people out there that love a good fight, right in all honesty that they're they're a little bit more in the if they're in America, they would be they go hunting, if you know what I mean, Like they'd have a way of being able to express themselves as men right and over there it's like what are you going to do? You get into a fight? Right, And I know that might sound really reductive, but it's true. So what you've got is you've got a bunch of people out there now it's the Generation X.
Speaker 2: Actually, the youngsters kind of like here, like.
Speaker 3: The youngsters right now in America are becoming the most conservative of it for a very very long time. Right, yeah, But what you have, you've got like the kind of rough and ready guys that kind of grew up in Thatchers Britain that we're told, like Reagan, you can go and achieve whatever you want, and they did, and they're like, hang on a second, we don't like this, we don't like what's going on. But then you've got another group. I'd say the other half are like la la la la la la la la. I don't want to accept it. So it's not quite the same as here. It's not quite that they're they're always in the UK. They're a little bit.
Speaker 2: To the right center and a little bit to the left of the center.
Speaker 3: Right, there's not like the big swings like we have here. So I think you've got an elite that is pushing the agenda.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, no, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we've seen with the USA, you've got an elite.
Speaker 3: But then you've got a bunch of people that really hate it, and a bunch of people that just don't want to don't want to admit that it exists.
Speaker 1: Right. What's funny because I think we talked I think we talked about this, But I went to Scotland and my wife on vacation two years ago in the summer, and and you know, Americans have this very our view, you know, the same way that I think foreigners sometimes have a cartoonish view of Well, America is so big and there's so many different regions and cultures that you know, it's hard even for Americans to kind of understand the full scope of like what what's going on here? But foreigners do come here and they're just like, oh, it's just all like cheeseburgers and everyone weighs six hundred pounds and goes to six Flags, great adventure. We have a little bit of that, I think as Americans would it comes to Scotland though, because we think brave heart, bagpipes and like whiskey, right, like that's kind of our and and but it's a beautiful country, Like I love it. I thought it was amazing as a place to visit. But they're communists basically, I mean they're they're like, oh, it's like a socialist country effectively in terms of what their beliefs are and their healthcare system. I know there, you know, are they under the NHS. Are they different the NHS.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: They're under the NHS, They're on the NHS. So so this whole there is no you mentioned the frontier spirit like we would think of like the Highlanders. The Highlanders is like for the tourists, like the real Highlanders that the people live up there are like where's my where's my socialized medicine and my free stuff? It's a little depressing. I was like, this isn't what I thought. There's no there's no William Wallace running around here. There's no spirit of William Wallace. So a little bit of you, like.
Speaker 2: Bell Gibson's full of crap, it's not the way. No.
Speaker 3: But you know, the funny thing is, Buck, it's actually like the old working class and actually the newer working class, but the old working class that grew up, as I said, in Faches Britain, that actually made something of themselves that they were taught, they were told, listen, you go out there, you can do something, you can make something of yourself, Like they are the more edgy and the aristocracy and the more middle class that kind of like inherited them money. They're the socialists, right, they're the ones that are you know, oh, you know, we've got to let them in.
Speaker 2: I mean literal but yeah.
Speaker 1: A soft generation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's very soft. And I mean, look, I was talking to someone that in near where I come from. It is a place called Warsaw and wlsa double L, right, Walsall, And they've been bringing all these migrants, migrants in. I hate the words illegal aliens because we all know that it's a trojan horse, right. The asylum seeker is just bullshit, It's not true. It's a trojan horse. So they they were bringing them into a local hotel there, and somebody that I know was like, you can't walk down the streets. They're just hanging around outside the hotel. People got to understand that this is what they're doing with their phones and whatever, standing outside the hotel. And I said, isn't that like dangerous? Like is that like an goo area?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 3: The next week, a girl that worked at the hotel, she had an argument with one of the migrants about something that he was by from the snack shop, you know, because I think they have like you know, when you go into the miss Westerns whatever, help this out and you pick it and then you take it it, followed it to the train station, stabbed it to death, and I'm like, guys, wake up. These our societies are just not compatible. They're just not compatible.
Speaker 1: If you if you say that stuff, and if you say that stuff in Germany they lock you up. Hold on one second here, we'll come back to this. I actually want to talk to you about about Elon and the government waste in a second. I agree with you, by the way, in the on the social compatibility or lack thereof of different cultures. This is this is really the This is where the tectonic plates of civilization are rubbing and creating friction and earthquakes, and it's it's not good. Last week's report on the inflation figures, we're not good, my friends. Uh, And it looks like inflation is here to stay in the US. Sorry, we're talking a lot about Britain, but stay in the US for a while. So what can you do because your dollars are going to be worth less. Birch Gold, my friends, gold is the answer for so many people who want to make a smart decision and prepare for the likelihood of continued inflation and the debt piling up. I trust Birch Gold. There's the same company that's released a new study of how gold prices are going to fare in Trump's presidency, with a forward by Donald Trump Junior. To get your free copy of that report, along with Birch Gold's free information, text my name buck the number ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight or go online to birch Gold dot com slash buck. Again, text my name Buck to the number ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight, or go online to birch Gold dot com slash buck for your free copy of the Ultimate Guide for Gold in the Trump Era. There's no obligation, only information, all right now, Elon, the stuff that's coming out here is wild, and I keep needing to take a moment to say, hold on, Elon. I mean, I think Elon's a genius. I think that's fair to say Elon's a genius, especially in this area of efficiency and problem solving at the highest level for large organizations like he. Just this is as good at this, if not the best at this in the world. There's stuff coming out that's just insane though. I mean, you're talking about I'm trying to pull some of this stuff up as I'm talking to you, because the numbers. To me, you sit here and you go, how is it possible that I mean, for example, there are three hundred and ninety million social security numbers that are active in this country. There's three hundred and thirty million people. It's not like we got a million extra. We got sixty million extra in the system somehow, and they can't figure this out. That doesn't that doesn't inspire confidence.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what as well, they've got like one person who is three hundred and forty nine years old.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't make it up. There's not even like they didn't even.
Speaker 3: Stop and say, like, you know, when you go and get your drive in you driving tests, you're driving license, They're like, well, you know, you're sixty five now you should probably go and get your eyes tested, like somebody's out there, like count Dracula, take in curity. I was just wondering about do you think that this is these are such security numbers that they've given to illegals, and they're just like Okay, just take them because they do have them.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's what it is or do you think they just scam in the system. No.
Speaker 1: I think that there's a I don't know what the portion is. I think there are millions of fraudulent social Security numbers in the system because of illegals. I mean I know that that I that uh, social security fraud in that sense, right, like having a fake soci Security number or it's identity fraud or document fraud. I know that that happens in large numbers with illegal immigrants. So yeah, I've got to think you know, with legal aliens, we're allowed to say that. Again, by the way, it was the legal term for my entire life until Joe Biden. So I think that's I think that's a part of it. But this stuff is is crazy. I mean when when you're talking about uh, and the thing is, I just want to I want all to be verified because I don't want to start saying numbers that. But here's something I tell everybody, Uh, Matthew, it has long been understood that Medicare fraud. Just Medicare, which is a huge program, but it's only one thing, the estimate, and no one has ever like said this is crazy, just agrees with the estimate of Medicare fraud in the United States yearly is sixty to eighty billion dollars. Now that's what they were willing to tell us about, and just sort of cost of business, like, oh, it's sixty eight eighty billion a year. I think Elon's gonna find Medicare fraud is actually two to three times that, which would mean that you're talking about at least one hundred billion plus maybe one hundred and fifty billion of Medicare fraud, which is stunning that that's and that's money that the taxpayers are sending, not just to American you know, doctors who aren't actually doing the procedures and stuff. That's one way they're sending it to like random medical consortiums overseas because they have you know, it's an overseas bank account. They don't even they're not even doctors like, they don't. It's just a scam. All things are scam now, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's it's You've got to wonder, haven't you. I Mean, you know, we've been gas lit so much.
Speaker 2: By the Left you have to look and say, well, I'm on a second.
Speaker 3: Like why, why does any politician, Why is any politician upset with the fact that Elon Musk is cutting waste?
Speaker 1: Like how is that a.
Speaker 2: Winning argument for the left? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know he's found that we're giving like fifty million dollars to study shrimps.
Speaker 2: On a treadmill. I mean, and people can't afford their groceries. It's it's just dumb.
Speaker 3: So I think that what we're seeing is, you know, it's it's really an amazing time to be alive, actually, because we're going to see the corruption and we're going to see why people are behaving in this illogical manner.
Speaker 2: Right, because if I'm on the right, if I'm on.
Speaker 3: The right or I'm on the left, and someone uncovers fraud, I'm going to be happy about it.
Speaker 2: Right, you'd think that.
Speaker 3: But it's only one and right now, and I do want to preface this with this buck is right now, it's only the left.
Speaker 2: They're not the only.
Speaker 3: Ones on the take right, Let's be completely clear about this. Right, they're not the only ones. And I'm all for it, like expose more and I think it's the greatest advertisement for small government that you will ever see. Like these budgets need to come in. They need to be locally controlled, right. We need to be looking at what we're spending, just even in our own cities, in our own you know, municipal areas, and then it should go out like that from there, and the government, you know, should just be out.
Speaker 2: Of all of it.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think that we're going to find out some very interesting stuff from the all of the efforts of DOGE. Also want to tell everybody out there for the rifle enthusiast, in particular, if you want to switch out the upper part of your rifle, the best name in the business is Barack Creek Arsenal. But they've got full rifles to sell you that are fantastic. They've also got pistols, lots of wonderful different firearms to choose from, all made to North Carolina and all American company. I've got some bar Creek Rarsenal firearms here at home. My favorite is my Grizzly, which is a nine millimeters Barcreek Arsenal handgun. They make the whole thing themselves, all machine right in North Carolina. So whether you're interested in an AR fifteen, a hunting rifle, or a handgun. Barcreek Arsenal has he covered at the best prices you're going to see for firearms of this quality. Go to Barcreek Arsenal dot com slash buck. That's Barcreek Arsenal dot com slash buck and take ten percent off your order with my first name Buck as your coupon code. Mister Marsden closing up shop here with you first of all avctould go check out the Matthew Marsden podcast. Fantastic if nothing else. He's got a cool accent and you'll remember him from Blackhawk Down, which is I still think a top ten, maybe even top five, all time war movie for me. So that's a pretty cool, pretty cool thing about movies. Though, I wanted to ask you this, there's been a cultural shift in corporate America where they're no longer you're spitting in the face of half the country and saying what are you going to do about it? Companies are now like, hey, like, maybe maybe we shouldn't, you know, hate on one hundred and sixty million people or something like that. So is this going to affect the more creative industries? You think, as in, can we just get some TV series that aren't like woke trash being made by Netflix, Amazon, et cetera. Or is that just am I hoping for too much even in the Trump era.
Speaker 3: No, I think, by the way, I do have a back creek up as well, so I just wanted to we go good man, I do have one. I think that there will be a pushback just because Hollywood loves money and they're not making it. In fact, they're losing a hand over fist. I mean what you're seeing with you know, Captain America, it's going to lose a ton of money, which it shouldn't really, I mean, it shouldn't lose a ton of money, but the whole concept was terrible.
Speaker 2: They've they've probably sunk like three hundred odd million into it. But I think that that what you're not going to find.
Speaker 3: You saw it in the bafters right like you saw it with the bafters yesterday, and they were all like, oh, try And the funny thing was everyone's like, you guys are irrelevant and boring. You're seeing that there's a transgender I don't know how you break it up, but going for the Oscar for Best Actress. So it's it's deeply ingrained in the actual people like the actors, but there are a lot of people like like, you know, someone like Jerry brookhim and I was out to make a great film, and I was there to make a great TV show.
Speaker 2: You know, Michael Bay, same thing. And they're not woke at all.
Speaker 3: So if the studio decides to change course, then they have all the facilities and the ability to do it.
Speaker 2: What I would like to see, buck is the people that have been ostracized the industry, like me, that have actually.
Speaker 3: Been in the industry and done stuff, create things outside because we need to be able. We can't go through it's going to be cyclical again, right, Like we need to start curating the arts. It's really really important because after Ronald Reagan, you know, Ronald Reagan one, from then on, we started losing the culture war and that was a massive mistake. And it's still really difficult. I mean, you're here right, you're here on media right now. This is the new media. New media changed the landscape for Donald Trump and allowed him to win the election.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It really did help because everyone's tuning out of regular you know, mainstream media. But there's an opportunity now for us to invest in like us solved farts now to mentor the younger generation to create things outside of the studio system.
Speaker 2: We don't need them anymore. We have all the great stories.
Speaker 3: So I think what I would like to do is see more of a focus on conservatives funding stuff outside, but not like this is a Christian movie, right. I want to see like the Roy Benavidez story. That's what I want to see. I want to see like that you know they did Midway, right. These are the movies that we can do, but we have a very small window of opportunity because people like Mel Gibson, who's clearly a genius still on all those guys, they're getting older. So we need to be able to start funding these projects and then conservatives.
Speaker 2: Will come to them.
Speaker 3: And again, like you mentioned earlier about Europe, it's really important.
Speaker 2: I grew up loving Rocky and Rambo. I grew up loving Rocky and Rambo. Rocky was the.
Speaker 3: Movie that said to me, as a working class kid, if you work hard enough, you can make it. And that is a message that goes all the way across the world, and if you think about it, but there wasn't from two thousand after Week.
Speaker 2: Came out with Black Hawk Down Yeah, was the pro military movie for ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's remarkably you think about it. My wife and I talk about this, We say, hey, bandon Brothers as I think one of the best TV shows ever made. I mean, at least for me, Like, I just found it so engrossing, enjoyable, you know, everything you want in a series. It's like, why not make more series like that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be the same. It looks even the same war, the same period. I'm just saying, you know about men at arms, you know, make it realistic, make the characters come to life, make it seem you know, make it seem like it all matters. And instead, I mean, it's just amazing. You go through Netflix, what is all this trash they're making. They're just making crash all the time. So I hope that all changes, and I hope you're involved in some of it, mister Matthew Marsden. Always a pleasure, sir. Good to see you and we will talk soon.
Speaker 2: You got it, buddy, Thanks for having me.