Speaker 1: Second date update Alexis, if you're on a dating app, what hobbies could somebody put on their profile that would make you go, oh damn, that's hot. I want to get to know them.
Speaker 2: Cooking's pretty nice.
Speaker 3: They can make me some meals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cooking, okay? What about like a professional puppy trainer? So what if he houses puppies inside of miniature windmills? So technically it's a puppy mill, but it's cute because he's raising them inside of the tiny mill. But I would ask some follow up questions because I bring it up since one of our listeners apparently met someone on the dating apps with an interesting hobby that peaked his interest. Let's talk to Corey about it. Corey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 3: An above board puppy mill?
Speaker 1: Like just talking about that's a fair question.
Speaker 2: No, no, but it is equally as interesting.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: She was a speed puzzler.
Speaker 1: What speed puzzler?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a speed puzzler.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I actually saw an Instagram reel about this recent.
Speaker 3: Where people put jigsaw puzzles together as fast as they can.
Speaker 1: It's like a big competition that they have where there's like eight tables of teams all in one room and then they like dump all the pieces out at once. Whichever team saws it first wins.
Speaker 5: Okay, could I be the one person in the room that just sticks one piece in your pocket?
Speaker 3: Just be worth it? Who turns on each other?
Speaker 1: Did I describe that right? Is that what you were talking about? Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, like we were just messaging back and forth on a dating act and I was like it was weird, and she told me all about it. Like three to four people get together and like DJ plays it's like a bingo hall, you know, and like and it's like a thing. Yeah, they throw it all down. Everybody is on the clock and you got to put it together, and you like pay money to like do this.
Speaker 3: Oh it's okay. So there's like a pot that you can win at the end. Is that how it works?
Speaker 2: And then you split it with your team? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh dang, so you probably were I was going to say.
Speaker 5: At first, I thought this would be like an easy like activity to be like, oh, we should do it together, but no, this is too competitive, not the most romantic experience.
Speaker 3: She probably wouldn't let you do it right, right.
Speaker 1: So what what did you do for a day. Did you end up going out with her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we just totally clicked. We just decided to do like a coffee date, you know, quick little thirty minutes thing. What we were planning on doing.
Speaker 6: Start a timer.
Speaker 1: Question. How was it?
Speaker 2: I thought it wasn't fine? I was it was all right. I mean, like we meant we met.
Speaker 1: We should get her name too, because oh yeah, that's an important piece of this puzzle.
Speaker 2: Her name is Aaron.
Speaker 1: Aaron. Okay, it was.
Speaker 3: Interesting how you just said. I thought it was fine. It was all right, like.
Speaker 2: It started off well, but it it got weird. Like so we met up in lying like asked what she wanted, and like I did the coffee order, and like she sat down, and I mean, like I sat down for a little bit. My name was called. So I went up to go get our coffees. And as I was like walking back to the table, I realized that on the coffee cup there was a different one named Devin and a phone number.
Speaker 3: Wait what, I'm confused. Do you grab somebody else's coffee?
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking, And so like I went, I went back to the coffee counter and I said, hey, like yeah, I think I got the wrong coffee. It's a it's a different name, and so the guy that was there said, Nope, that's the right one.
Speaker 5: Oh he was trying to give his number to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Like I didn't ask that. So I went back to the table and I sat down and I was like, is somebody trying to ask you out? And in my head I was like trying to process it because I didn't. I didn't want to do nothing about it.
Speaker 5: You know, that's weird you would do that on like some you're obviously on a date, Like you can tell when there's two people at a coffee shop who.
Speaker 1: Were on a first how can you tell?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's just like the awkwardness. They don't get a probably hear their small talk, like so how.
Speaker 1: Is your day? Okay, so you you were giving off first date vibes with ar in line, and I guess another guy saw that and thought he could swoop in.
Speaker 2: So like I went back to the counter and I was like, so Who's I said it, like really loudly, and I'm like, who's Devin? Like I'm on a date? Who did this?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Oh wait?
Speaker 1: You fronted the boy in front of Aaron, in front of the whole like coffee establishment.
Speaker 6: It got weird, and.
Speaker 2: I admit, like, it got awkward, and so she ended up coming out and over and she was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Calm down?
Speaker 2: And I like we went back to the table and like nobody answered me.
Speaker 3: Devin never came forward.
Speaker 2: Devin never came forward.
Speaker 1: Devin was scared.
Speaker 2: And so like, yeah, it got awkward. After that, I went back to the table. We hung out for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Twenty more. Wait that was only ten minutes into the date that happened. Holy heck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so look she's great.
Speaker 2: I made it awkward. I want to redo. We never even talked about puzzles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing all.
Speaker 5: It would just send up so many red flags that you're like a crazy jealous type, even though it's an inappropriate move for Devin to make, whoever the hell Devon.
Speaker 1: Is or could have been seen as like a chivalrous move standing up for your date. Yeah yeah, but it's not your place yet. Yeah, it's definitely how we should spin it. When we call Aaron, you can say he was standing up for you and standing up for the date.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should just spin it as like he's embarrassed. He wants to redo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what I was hoping. I just want to apologize, and I just want to be like, can we just try it again?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you haven't apologized yet.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, like I have, but she hasn't texted back.
Speaker 1: Alexis, if you were on that date, would you give him another chance?
Speaker 3: I mean, for the case of this segment, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Stop another guy from hitting on me.
Speaker 5: Because I hope I'm gonna get hit on a lot more times in public, so like, I don't want that happen every time.
Speaker 1: Well, I was hoping for a stronger answer from your dad. Yeah, probably, I said for the segment. We'll hope for a yap. Probably when we call Aaron and try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 2: All right, great, thanks, all right, now.
Speaker 1: Hold on second date update. Nothing worse than getting hit with some fdsa first date swoop action where somebody else tries to hit on your date while you're currently with that. But that's what happened to one of our listeners, Corey, who took a woman named Aaron out to coffee and while they were there, one of the baristas wrote their phone number onto Aaron's cup, and then Corey had to deliver it to her. So just insult to injury right there, and in processing what to do, Corey thought the best move was to just go up and confront the barista in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and so awkwardly.
Speaker 1: Now he's not going to call back, which maybe means that wasn't the best movie. But the good news is, just like the coffees that Alexis used to serve at Herberst the job, you can always ask for a redo, and that's what we're doing today.
Speaker 3: No, if something was wrong, that wasn't my fault in them. Never, it's.
Speaker 1: Fault that happened on his dates.
Speaker 3: It was the confrontation that turned everything that.
Speaker 1: I think Corey can be forgiven for being put into a rough spot.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't. I think he knows he did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely overacted, But we're just speculating. So we're gonna find out once and for all when we call Aaron how she felt about it, because maybe she felt like it was a very heroic move.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's a big mystery to I think he's just trying to defend aman I am.
Speaker 3: You know, he's always trying to defend our listeners.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do this job sometimes over a here trying to be the hero, the white Knight of the listeners on the flat. I appreciate you, jeppreciate you, Corey. Yeah, Aaron to appreciate you too, So let's call her and force her to appreciate your.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're looking for Aaron.
Speaker 6: This is she.
Speaker 1: You made a big mistake.
Speaker 3: Not start like that a.
Speaker 1: Little mift.
Speaker 3: No, you made the right choice, is what she did. But maybe we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: We're a whole show.
Speaker 7: Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, this This is a segment that we do on our show that's called a second Date Update, where we try to help our listeners meet up with somebody that they went out with recently for a second time.
Speaker 7: And you're calling me because I went on a.
Speaker 3: Date and the guy was really interested in you.
Speaker 1: His name is Corey.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, uh huh, yeah, she's not gonna forget I'd the story.
Speaker 1: I wasn't loving your reaction to the name Corey there, but we're just trying to help Corey figure out if something maybe went wrong on the date, or.
Speaker 7: You want me to let you know, yes happened or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well here, let me just tell you. Corey says he feels like he may have overreacted slightly to the situation.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we should put slightly in there.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he feels like it was a mild, very light jump to conclusions.
Speaker 5: Of what happened, mild confrontation at the costa leaving a phone number on your cup.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's not exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, Well, we only have Corey's side of the story, so maybe he missed something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean it's kind of it's kind of like embarrased.
Speaker 6: So so like I'm so I'm a girl, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So you all you all go on dates and you know, you tell your friends where you're going.
Speaker 3: And right, okay, you're like safety net.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I have a friend that is a barista at the coffee shop that I chose for us to go to, and so often I'll be like, if I drop my spoon on the ground, this person is crazy and I need you to come over, and you know what I mean, Like you buying, but she's keeping an eye out for me or whatever.
Speaker 3: So what does it have to do with the number and the name on the country?
Speaker 6: So listen, So I do this thing. My hobby is beed puzzling.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he told us about that. He was excited about that. He thought that was cool.
Speaker 6: Oh and so I have a team of four, or I had a team of four, but our fourth member recently moved and it's Devin's number. Who is a person that my friend wanted me to text to be like, hey, I hear you're a puzzler. You put the number on my cup and then they outlined it in the shape of a puzzle piece.
Speaker 1: Oh he told us about that, but he didn't mention anything about the puzzle piece.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was more focused on the number than actually looking at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, why wouldn't your friend just text you?
Speaker 6: Was the busiest day at the coffee shop, Like the line was really long, and so I think she saw me and was like, oh, yeah, I gotta tell her about Devin.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, why didn't you explain this to him when he was yelling.
Speaker 6: This was before I even got the cop And then I see him yelling at the people and then he comes back.
Speaker 1: So you didn't really know that that's what the confrontation was about until he brought the cop to your table.
Speaker 7: He brought the cup and I saw the number and the name, and I was like, I didn't know, and.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew who Devin was because Devin wasn't there in that coffee.
Speaker 6: Devin is not a barista.
Speaker 3: I thought Devon was just a scaredy cat hiding in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you want to talk about a scaredy cat who's hiding right now, that would be Corey hiding on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 3: And it's got to be embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry, Aaron, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait wait, so so let me just clarify Devin. Devin is a gal that's supposed to be on your team, and like, there was no Devon back you had a friend who was a barista back there. That's right. Wait, who's this?
Speaker 1: That's Corey on the other line. He's been listening to this conversation quietly.
Speaker 5: Coming in a little high Yeah again yeah Corey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just like like nobody told me that I would rather have heard that than just like nothing, you know, like, please tell me the truth, Like I want to know what is going on here, so that I can like judge it appropriately. Like I was just living in a.
Speaker 6: Fan we had just met.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: If, like you would also get mad that my friend was there, you know what I mean? Like, how would I get mad at chat? I thought you would get mad because you already yelled at the baristas.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of a solid read on there, dude, I don't even know, man, I like it just it just blows my mind that your choice was to not explain.
Speaker 3: I thought you wanted to apologize for this.
Speaker 1: That was an apology if you really look hard at it.
Speaker 2: Ye, Like I'm apologizing for reacting off of something that like I didn't. I did react big. I did react big. I'll fully admit that. I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 1: But like, I don't think you need about it. Then you just leave it where you had it. Sound it good, I'll leave it.
Speaker 2: I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. He's so deeply sorry for how he reacted and wishes that he could take it all back, and we would love to offer you the chance to take it all back by sending you on another date that we would pay for. We all know he was going to say it's your friend's fault for writing. But Aaron, that's that's our offer to you. We'll offer to send you and Corey out one more time on our dime. You know, let's put the pieces of this puzzle back together. Hey, we never even got to the puzzle.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess it's I guess it's up to him, because it sounds like he's pretty mad at me for doing the girl thing of having a backup.
Speaker 2: I'm mad that you didn't tell me. You didn't, like, you didn't feel okay to share.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know, yeah I didn't because, like we'd known each other for ten minutes, and I saw your reaction to the burista, and so I was afraid that you'd take it out on me too. So I just protect myself by not bringing it up.
Speaker 3: Man, is this one giant red flax? Yah?
Speaker 7: It's a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know this is good. We get all of the therapy out now. Oh and then the relationship is smooth sailing the rest of the way.
Speaker 5: I have told myself many times.
Speaker 1: The part is the first date, Yes, exactly, so there you go, erin will send you out?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I mean honestly, our first day was really only like thirty minutes maybe, so I guess I'd be open to going out on a longer date.
Speaker 1: Corey, she's being very forgiving here because she realizes that you didn't know the full scope of what really was going on with the phone number on her cup. She sees that, can you be forgiving of Aaron and try this thing again with less confusion and yelling next time?
Speaker 2: Let's give another shot?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations you tube. We're guys going to head up one more time.
Speaker 5: Why do I have a feeling we're not going to hear an update updates?
Speaker 1: Not that attitude, come on that.
Speaker 2: Look and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: At the end of that call, Brooke mentioned something that we do on our show called second date update update, where we check back in with a couple months later after they've agreed to go out again to find out how the relationship's going. Brooke said she doesn't think we'll get one from Corey and Aaron. And my question, Brooke is why wouldn't we really why wouldn't we.
Speaker 3: Want that because it just sounds like they're just not.
Speaker 1: The radio gold is what it sounds like. I learn to hear. If he's yelling at a Barisa on their first outing, just imagine what would happen on their second dated short temper.
Speaker 3: On the air.
Speaker 5: I was thinking as a person instead of a producer, our.
Speaker 1: Ratings, need them back for an update update. I would absolutely tune in to hear that.
Speaker 3: Well. I would too, thought that I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Listen, would totally totally email us not. I mean, we're not going to help much with your mental health or your actual relationship. Probably it really no. We promise we'll give it our best shot to help you in your love life. Email the show. We'll call that person wasn't calling you back, And by the way, for your own mental health, go check out our podcast. You can listen to all our second date updates wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey