Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv. Are you ready, When you're ready, let's get it all.
Speaker 3: How's it going everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sundays, three Pacific six Eastern Saturday mornings with a Jim Valley ten and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is Monday on the show. You know what that means. We had a lot to talk about. Busy weekend, NXT deadline and awesome men's what was it called Iron Survivor Challenge. Men's was awesome. The women's version was there, It was fine. But between that and what I thought was a very good main event, not everyone agreed. You know, for sure, the men's Iron Survivor Challenges one you should go out of your way to see. So we'll talk about that here today as well as SmackDown and Collision from this past weekend, and of course we've got a lot coming up over the next couple of days. Cm Punk is going to be on Raw tonight and in storyline tonight, he is going to decide if he is going to sign with Raw, SmackDown or NXT. He's gonna make that decision tonight. Where will he sign? Well, I guess we'll have to find out. So we've got the Raw lineup for tonight as well as a bunch of other upcoming shows, including the Tokyotome. We got a line up for the Tokyo Dome. A Steele did a podcast and talked about how proud he was of his friend cm Punk. Going back to WWE, we've got the WWE holiday scale. Back in the old days, you just worked right through Christmas. Now everybody's gonna get a week off. We've had more on the seth Rawland Cmpunk feud, which, uh, you know, I thought that match was going to be uh Royal Rumble, but Cmpunk apparently is in the Royal Rumble. Now. Granted, there have been years where there have been matches and then guys have gone from the matches to also be in the Royal Rumbles, so that is possible. Some years you do one or the other. Some years some people have done both. So we can talk about that and so much more. If you want text us four to five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, it is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for w online at gmail dot com and at for double online, on threads, Instagram, and cameo at Brian elber Is on Twitter, Back in the Moment Observer Live.
Speaker 4: We all love children, and many of us have an old car, truck or ban in the driveway. Find the Children has a great way for you to put your unwanted vehicle.
Speaker 1: It's a good use.
Speaker 2: Keep listening.
Speaker 4: Every year thousands of kids go missing. Trust me, it's a parent's worst nightmare when a child goes missing. Every moment counts and you need all of the help you can get. Find the Children is a nonprofit organization dedicated to locating missing children and bringing.
Speaker 1: Them home safely.
Speaker 4: You can help support their mission by donating your car, truck, ban or sub. A towing company will come and pick up your car for free running or not, and the donation of your car is tax deductible. Your help is providing the funds they need to continue their services. Call now donate your old vehicle to find the children and get free pickup.
Speaker 5: Here's the number.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred sixty seven oh seven eight three oh eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh that's eight hundred six seven oh seventy eight thirty. Can your i R stand up to the next financial crisis that our top economists are saying is that our doorsteps. By allocating a percentage of your IRA into physical gold and silver with a tax free rollover, you can diversify in safeguard your holdings from turbulent markets and economic downturns by putting your IRA back on the gold standard. Find out how to safeguard your assets with a tax free rollover with a Genesis Gold IRA, the only IRA that can hold physical precious metals. Call now for your free gold and silver report. Protect your IRA today with one simple phone call and learn how to qualify for up to ten thousand dollars in free silver called Genesis Gold Group. Empowering Faith Driven Stewardship eight hundred two one one six thousand, eight eight hundred two one one six thousand eight eight hundred two one one six thousand eight. That's eight hundred two one one six zero zero eight.
Speaker 7: Do you own a annuity, either fixed rate indextra variable? Are you paying high fees and getting low returns? If so, Annuity General would like you to have this free book to learn the pitfalls and mistakes of buying an annuity. The Annuity Dues and Don'ts for Baby Boomers contains the little known truths about annuities, like how to help reduce your fees and increase retirement income. And it's free, that's right free. As a bonus, we'll also throw in a free Annuity rate Report just for calling. We researched over one thousand annuities and summarized rates and benefits from financially strong insurers. You get Annuity dos and Donts for Baby Boomers and the Annuity Rate Report, both absolutely free for calling Annuity General Today. Hurry supplies are limited. Call now eight.
Speaker 6: Hundred seven six oh one eight four five eight hundred seven six oh one eight four five eight hundred seven six oh one eight four five. That's eight hundred seven six oh eighteen forty five.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Again the show Brian Elbarez here, Wrestling Observer Alive, Mike Simber VV also Wrestling Observer dot Com and right when we went to commercial, I noticed a news story I didn't talk about.
Speaker 3: In the opening segment.
Speaker 1: And we don't have a lot of details yet, but the MLWWWE lawsuit appears to be done after issuing. A notification regarding a settlement was filed in the U. S. District Court in the Northern District of California. In accordings with the court's standing order for civil cases, MLW and WWE hereby submit this notice of settlement to notify the Court that the parties have settled this action. Parties are in the process of completing the final settlement documents expect to file the appropriate dismissal papers within the next thirty days. MLW would file an antitrust suit against WWE January twenty twenty two, with allegations of WWE tempty to undermine competition and monopolize a pro wrestling market by interfering in MLW's contracts and business prospects. MLW alleged WWE pressured third parties into abandoning contracts and prospective relationships for MLW. This includes a pending deal for MLW with Vice TV in twenty twenty one, which is killed the last minute, and MLW blaming WWE. Suit was dismissed in February, but MLW had twenty one days to amend its complaint, did so and were successful. The amended suit stated WWE violated the Sherman Antitrust Act stifled competition through its exclusivity agreements with broadcasters. So I'm sure we probably will never find out details of the settlement would be my guess, but it has been settled, so is the end of that for now.
Speaker 5: Probably the best news they could have happened for both sides. MLW, unless you were guaranteed to win, was going to be dragged into some pretty deep waters financially when it comes to what TKO has and WWE surely does not want any discovery and want anything more to come out in the process of a trial that would make them look like that they violated an a trust Act, so as well as many other things. Possibly who knows what could come out when it comes to WWE. So is this enough to keep MLW going? Is this going to be enough to kind of pad them as they continue to look for a TV deal. We'll see, you know, I'm not sure how their fight TV deals are going, but Court obviously is continuing on and we'll see what ends up happening with MLW here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Hey Steele, Well we'll talk about that later. We'll talking about the big show this weekend, this NX two, the Deadline show which speaking of a Steel, his students see him Punk actually open up the show and yes, the story is that tonight on Raw Cmpunk will decide if he should sign with Raw SmackDown or NXT. We're gonna find out tonight. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if he's signing with NXT.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we happy.
Speaker 5: Would you be? Would it ruin everything for you if he went on your favorite show of all time all your life?
Speaker 3: They're all my favorite shows? What are you talking about? I don't care where he goes.
Speaker 1: As long as people pay to see where he goes, subscribe and then exactly exactly so, we had a bunch of matches on the show by far by far, the best match on the show was the Men's Iron Survivor Challenge, which was so ridiculously great and it was impeccably time. And I saw some people on the internet mad that I kept mentioning that the Women's Iron Survivor Challenge was was intricately booked and timed and practiced for weeks. They both were I've said that since day one, and you can't have a match this intricately booked in the last couple of minutes calling it in the ring, of course, it was intricately.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, Landstorm is going to call it.
Speaker 1: If he watched this match, he'd no, he's been watching this show. He knows what's called in the ring what's not. But the match was awesome.
Speaker 5: You could hit your match time.
Speaker 1: And the story was essentially that everyone's favorite wrestler in a n XT is Trick Williams. And throughout the match twenty five minute time limit and for the first I swear to God, twenty three minutes and thirty seconds. This bloke just keeps getting pinned and sent to this penalty box over and over again, and the crowd she's like, ah, they're sad. And then finally with a minute and a half left, it's there's a three way tie for first place. Broun Breaker and Tyler Bayden and I think Dye Jack all had three points, Trick has zero, briggs Head two. Thing anyway, it was three three three with those other guys that I mentioned. Thinking anyway, So with a minute thirty left, this guy gets three pins in a row, and so there's like nine seconds or something left in the match and he's tied it up, but behind him is bron Breaker setting him for that spear, and Trick turns around and Braun rushes in to pin him and win this match. But Trick does his leaping v trigger knee and he hits Braun right in the head and he pins him and he wins the match. And man, this place went absolutely nuts for this finish because it wasn't they wanted the guy to win, but the match was booked so well that even me, who knew who won, I was like, there's no way this guy could possibly win, Like it's impossible at this point, like what are they gonna do? How they get screw it? But they didn't, and in fact, he it was not only him winning but convincing the fans that at best, at best he might get a point, but then he came back to win it all. It was awesome, awesome match, and it's even more awesome because now we know where it goes.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is Trick getting a title shot at New Year's Evil. He will almost invariably be screwed by Carmelo Hayes. But we're gonna find out did attack him because Lexis King on the show did admit I didn't attack the guy. I was just I was just taking credit for it because everybody was like, you know, praising me because I'm a bad guy.
Speaker 3: So he admitted he didn't do it.
Speaker 1: That made Carmelo. Man, why would Carmelo be mad because he did it? So anyway, Carmelo can screw him out of his world title match, which of course will make Carmelo the biggest heel in the company, and then they can build their match towards WrestleMania weekend and Trick can beat Carmelo at the You know how many be able to have there? Thirteen fourteen thousand people. I mean, the play's gonna be packed and they'll get their big Trick Williams victory on that show it's awesome. The whole thing was great.
Speaker 5: Can't complain about that layout. Could not complain about the layout of the match, as you mentioned, because of the way that they did it as well, and the fact that you were running out of time, him going and trying to get a pin and then maybe thinking at the end that Carmelo was going to screw him or something was going to happen. They had that card that was in the fans' minds as well too, so I'm with you. I thought it was fantastic. Again, there was nothing wrong with the women's match, but the way that this one was laid out, the way this one was timed, and how they did everything right when it came to everyone's favorite trick, Williams, you can't complain about it whatsoever. The only real complaint now, in hindsight is I probably would have had that match as the semi main event because the cage match between Keana and Roxane suffered a little bit, so that's probably.
Speaker 3: Should have been the main event.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean you could absolutely argue that you could, but I understood what they were doing there. But at the least in hindsight, it should have been the semi.
Speaker 1: Main because listen, I mean you could, you could.
Speaker 3: It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the match, at the end of the main event, which was Elia Dragonov beating Baron Corbin, I mean the match ended and then out came Trick to alert him that he was next.
Speaker 3: For the next for the belt.
Speaker 1: But you could have easily done it the other way where Elia Draganov retains the title. Trick wins the main event, and then Elia comes out and says, your next brother, and I beat you within an inch of your life the first time, so you better get training here. So I thought the main event was a.
Speaker 3: Very good match.
Speaker 1: I know some people were bored, but I thought Dragonov and Baron Corbin did an excellent job.
Speaker 5: Sorry for someone dragonoff match, and I understand that people do not like Baron KORbin. And I'm not saying that this was Flair steamboat or anything like that, but it served a purpose and they told a little story that was believable with the two characters that they had, or believable enough, I should say, with the two characters that they had, and he got a title defense out of the way. Baron Corbin for those who don't like him to me, frankly should be right in the mix and NXT all of the time, the way he's able to use his size and use his experience and his real life riches to rub in the face of all of these people on the come up. So I actually enjoy Baron Korban a lot there. And I thought the title match was very solid.
Speaker 1: I said, Dragon Lee and Dominic North American title and the Dominic run I guess was gonna end one.
Speaker 3: Way or the other this show.
Speaker 1: Wes Lee was gonna beat him, and of course Wes Lee had to you know Lee for surgery, and so his brother Dragon and Lee ended up getting the match and beat Tom Pinham clean in the middle Destino. So he's the new North American Champion. We let to figure out who's gonna beat him. Now, get somebody in the n XT over. We'll talk more about the show for the break.
Speaker 3: Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Again the show Brain Elberrez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simber BB. Also Wrestling Observer dot Com Women's Iron Survivor Challenge was won by Blair Davenport. Yes, they did the old finish where she was ahead last try to chase her for the last couple of seconds, but uh, Blair ran for her life to be the winner. So she will be facing Lyra at New Year's Evil. But then Cory Jade, the resident bad girl of NXT, foils my blood every time I hear it. She returned, and I guess she's also in line for Lyra's title match.
Speaker 5: Is fine?
Speaker 3: Is all right?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you hey, listen for the experienced level of the women in there going twenty five minutes, they did an excellent job putting it together, but at no point did it not look like a choreographed twenty five minute match with Green women wrestling. That was that, and we had Carmelo and Lexus King, and Carmelo got the wind there and that's when Lexus revealed that he had not attacked Trick Williams, but he did thank Carmelo for giving him that pl spotlight. And then that's pretty much it. We talked about everything else, so I would say overall a very good Oh he didn't talk about the cage match, eh, you know, horrible spot for the cage match. The match was all right, it was like your basic cage match. And then who should slam the door because of course we have to have the cage door slammed on someone's head in every single cage match ever. But nobody knows some blonde. The crowd had no earthly idea who she was. The announcers didn't appear to know who she was. They had to be smartened up. I had no idea who she was. For those wondering, it was i Isy Dame.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For those of you that don't watch the show and have no idea who I'm talking about, well, most people watching the show also have no idea who I'm talking about. But she cost rock sand the match.
Speaker 5: Not a fully developed established character as of yet.
Speaker 3: Is he dame?
Speaker 5: Is he dame? Yeah? What do you think about the name? Though?
Speaker 3: I don't know whatever. It's x T dude. Every name is dumb overall.
Speaker 1: I thought a very good show, very good show.
Speaker 5: I don't think Roxy and Perez is a dumb name.
Speaker 3: We'll stop.
Speaker 1: So then we add, uh, well, we'll get in some news and we'll go back to uh some of the other TV shows because uh, I hear people want SmackDown reviewed is that right? It was a groundbreaking newsworthy show that SmackDown this week. Let me tell you so rot tonight as cmpunk to reveal which Brandy's gonna appear on, Cody Rhads versus Shinskate Nakamura, Drew McIntyre versus Jay Usso we're getting Drew McIntyre and Jay USO tonight. Drew's gonna get his pound of flesh and Cody and Shinsky Nakamura which has been built up for a while. And then of course we got Ria Ripley and Maxine Dupree. That should be something else. And Becky Lynch wants to call out Naya jacks Yeah, you know that's a match I've been looking for over to four years. Becky Lynch and Nya Jackson a rematch, Yes, indeed. Then we have got SmackDown this Friday, which has the return of Roman Reigns, so he'll do a big number. Kevin Owens versus austin theory US Title Contenders Tournament match. And also in the US Title Contenders Tournament, Grace and Waller will be facing Carmelo hayes Hey, Yes, getting his shot here in the SmackDown tournament. So that will be exciting, and we got, of course, the a steal interview about cmpunk. He was a guest on Wrestling with Rip Rogers. With Rip Rogers, I wish that was the actual name of it.
Speaker 5: But that is not broadcast over the air. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Steele said, I'm very proud of my number one student, the number one student I've ever coached in the world. Feel bad for the rest of his students for heading back to show the world who the he the hell he is. I did his speech at the Cauliflower Ally Club. Steve Kernan was supposed to induct Punk at the Cauliflower Ally but he couldn't make it. They were kind of scrambling around. I said, I'll do it because who else can introduce to and talk about the days we started together. And I said the reason people hate him or whatever is he's not about the bs. The guy doesn't take s and he doesn't take it lightly. And when you've had enough s, you either explode or you take care of business yourself and you defend yourself. People don't like him because he defends himself or calls stuff out when it's not proper. But if you treat him right, he treats everyone else right. Was that the speech he gave a cauliflower ally.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. No, okay, no, some of that was in there but extended out to about you know, fifteen minutes or so. Yeah, so those inductions work.
Speaker 1: He was asked about his time and the all out brawl. He said, well, I worked with a lot of great people, some great, some not so much. Family still exists in this business. There are things none of us can say, and none of us will.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: Actually, my wife's the only one who could probably tell the stories since she was there. Maybe someday as far as that goes. You don't f with family, You just don't. You just don't. And we came out just fine. I have a great lawyer, Stephen P.
Speaker 3: Knew. Stephen p.
Speaker 1: Knew, he's the man. Let's put that in the world. That's Stephen p. New.
Speaker 3: He's a gem.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that's actually his name. He is for the wrestlers, he is for the boys. He's on the right side of the world. So I will give him all the praise in the world. For why I'm sitting here smiling. I'm proud of my clients would not represent them if I didn't truly believe in them.
Speaker 3: As people wrote, Stephen p.
Speaker 1: Knew, that's the update.
Speaker 3: That's the update.
Speaker 5: You seem like you have more to say about that. The way that your news invulsing during.
Speaker 3: Really out there, I don't at all.
Speaker 5: Know, doesn't seem very controversial at all.
Speaker 3: Seems like a guy who's at all to be honest.
Speaker 5: Talking And does anybody expect him to say anything different than for him to back up his friend. I don't. I don't see how this is particularly, you know, all that exciting or anything like that. But I know Stephen p New will probably be happy with the free commercials that he's going to be getting over and over again.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, what's his name? Did you say? Stephen p New Office?
Speaker 5: Yes? Wait?
Speaker 3: Is PN news?
Speaker 5: No Stephen p New? Oh not PN news?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine.
Speaker 1: The angle between CM punk and seth Rawlins continued on a we House show this weekend. Following Sunday's live event on the cap As campus of Penn State. Sampunk addressed the crowd and was greeted with CM punk. Chance respawned by singing, didn't want to talk about that bum and referred to himself as the real bet I was, I was. I hope he was calling him a butt. He doesn't want to talk about that.
Speaker 5: Bum bum Like Rocky.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like talking about that bum tonight. Instead, I'd like to take a second to express my gratitude each and every one of you guys, each and every one of you.
Speaker 5: He knows bums too. He's a Bears fan.
Speaker 1: From all of us in the back, everyone in w W. You just want to say thank you, Happy holidays. We'll see you guys next time. We love you and do me one favor. You've been singing my song so beautiful all night long. Let them know in State College who the real best in the world is.
Speaker 5: And that's when they chanted to see him. Punk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta find that seth Rawlins interview about Punk.
Speaker 3: The other day. Why well, you know they're obviously.
Speaker 1: Going to do a match in their feuding and there's all that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he did. I read it on Friday. I gotta be honest, I'm not I'm not tired of the feud. And it's something I said. It's like on Friday, It's like, can you be tired of a feud before it begins, and I know once they get in the ring, the action is going to be great as long as both of them can, you know, stay upright and not get injured doing anything. But seth Rollins in the character that he has is just brutal on the ears. To me, his promos are I think a lot of his defending of Wwan. Look, everybody's got a right to do what they want to do, but there's been so much of this on social media that led to this point that I really was tired of it. Then I'm tired of it now, and once they rehash it on the air, it's not like it's going to be anything that I really want to see. But I understand it. I completely get why they're doing it. I know I'm in the minority on this stuff, but unless it's actual action in the ring, I can see a lot of these promos just kind of getting a little long in the tooth.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, so this is what he said. This was in Sports Illustrated, and this was the most interesting thing to me. So obviously this is all you know, we're setting up a match here, and we're gonna be taking shots at each other and everything.
Speaker 3: Like that and et cetera.
Speaker 1: But Seth Rollins in this Sports Illustrated interview said, Sampunk said some really bad things about me. Talk dad about me for years in the company for years. I'm talking about some really bad stuff. Called me a boot liquor crap like that. You don't know me, you don't know what I stand for. I'm a loyal person. I felt pretty insulted by a lot of the ways he treated me, treated the place I worked for, treated friends that I worked with. I don't need to get into any of the stuff with Colt Cabana. If you want to look at that kind of stuff, it's out there. Brought up Colt Cabana. I was like, huh, how about that? I thought that was off limits when you know doing these promos was seampunk?
Speaker 3: Apparently not.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they're getting time off for Christmas, everybody. The December eighteenth episode of RAWD Des Moines Company does not have any live event schedule until December twenty sixth, which includes XT tapings at the Performance Center. Thankfully, the developmentalll get some time off to The December fifteenth tapings in Green Bay will be for two episodes. There's no December twenty second taping December twenty fifth, Raw will be a best of show since there is no show being taped, but WWE is not publicly publicly confirmed it, but one executive there said, to the best of his knowledge it was accurate. We'll get a best of this year over Christmas. Back in a moment, we're gonna talk about collision and also SmackDown fear Not Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 9: Jim Gaffigan here with more straight Talk. Let's take a moment to appreciate our sweet children, loving grandparents, and eternal soulmates. Now let's use them to save money on wireless because with a straight Talksilver plan you get four lines for just twenty five dollars a month with unlimited data and no contracts. So add those human pawns I mean loved ones and save money. Thanks Dad, it's a friendly worth it. Straight Talk Wireless available at Walmart.
Speaker 10: Get four lines on silver and limited for twenty five dollars per line per month, plus taxes and fees for data management practices and additional terms.
Speaker 2: Visits straight talk dot com.
Speaker 6: Hey airline travelers, let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well? SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it, whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, So now you can make one phone call regardless of who book your airline tickets, and we'll change it and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 11: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college.
Speaker 2: And if you own a.
Speaker 11: Business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover US state taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life insurance quote lined right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 10: Are you looking for a guilt free holiday season? Check out one hundred calsnacks dot com. With one hundred percent natural ingredients and no sugar added. These snacks are low in carbs, but high in protein and fiber and absolutely delicious. You'll get a kick out of the chocolate brownies with Oshawa Ganda and use code no Guilt for twenty five percent off your order. That's the number one hundred colsnacks dot com Get the energy boost you need with a potent dose of superfood for just one hundred calories. That's one hundred cawsnacks dot com.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Network o Hey the show Brian Elberaz here Wrestling Observer Live Mike Simpervv also Wrestling Observer dot com. A should mentioned on my axe right now but former Twitter sticky to the top. It's the links to this year's four guest host spots and this year, if you'd like to guest host, it can be The Bryn and Benny Show, Filthy Ford Daily with Tom or this show, Wrestling Observer Live. Take your pick. It's a lot of fun and all the money goes to a good cause. Whale Scout registered five O one C three. You're buying shovels and mulch and plants and dirt and whatever else doing a lot of habitat restoration and you can write it off on your taxes and join this show. And it's great for everybody. So if you would like to bid, you can up right now at Brian Alvarez on my Facebook as well. I do have a Facebook somewhere and you can just also go to eBay type in Whale Scout if you don't want to go to Twitter and bid and join the show. A lot of fun every year and you won't regret it. I don't believe anyone ever has, So check that out. We also have a Clash in the Castle Commemorative Mini belt that we are auctioning off, which you can also write off on your taxes because that goes to Whale Scout as well. So if you have a wrestling fan who happens to really like Drew McIntyre or something, if I got a gift for them, So check that out. Thirty two bids for the first co host spot so far. Get your bid in and we'll have three more coming as well. We do four every year, so jump on this first one and all the money goes to a great cause. So last chance this year to write stuff off. Kids, Get on it right now. Yes, yeah, here. There was a collision in his SmackDown show.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 5: I heard that?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm gonna start with collision this week.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: We had some tournament matches. We had Eddie Kingston and Claudio had a tournament match, and Eddie of course has to fight his way back. I still stand by my prediction that he wins his tournament, and I guess we'll see what happens as things go forward. But they're pushing so hard that his life's goal, his dream was to win that Ring of Honor title and that new Japan's Strong open Weight title. And man, you just put him on the line in this tournament. Can you imagine?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I can't imagine him doing that unless he's winning the tournament.
Speaker 3: So we shall see.
Speaker 5: I should hope so, because otherwise him crying about not getting his own triple crown that was essentially created for him with the two belts he put up there, it's going to be too much to bear.
Speaker 1: So yeah, good match, very good match, and he uh won with a cradle.
Speaker 5: How soon can we merge that belt with the new New Japan GHC. We'll get to that. We'll get to that later.
Speaker 1: And we had some other stuff. Willow Nightingale beat Mercedes Martinez and then she got beat up and stat Lenner ran down to.
Speaker 3: Make the save.
Speaker 1: We had Wordlow killing Willie Mack via ref stoppage with the power bomb we had Kenny Omeg Ethan Page, which I mean, who was the guy that said, how could a match that's predictable be any good?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: This match was as predictable as they get. It was exactly exactly what you would expect Kenny Omegan Ethan Page to be and guess what it happened to be really great. So Kenny Omega won per stipulation. He is now officially a better Canadian professional wrestler than Ethan Page. But Ethan gave it the old college try, as they say CJ promo this week. This week Miro will beat up on Draw Da, but he is vowed not to do it during the tournament or nobody is allowed to interfere. He will wait till after the tournament. Brian, that was nice of him.
Speaker 5: Yes, did your father Carlos ever kill a boar with his bare hands for your mother to bring home and have to clean? Now?
Speaker 1: But when I was a kid, we always had a bear run through the yard. Really, the kids chasing it with sticks or whatever. My dad goes, is that your bear two point zero versus Penton commander? So here we are. You know, ay, you want to hear the whole rant. You can listen to Bryan Vinie show last night. But brother, they drew twenty eight hundred people. Okay, not good, twenty eight hundred people in the building.
Speaker 3: And you know.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know when we used to wrestle back in the day, and you know, you do a show, some indie show, and like eighty people show up, and then you know, some of the people are like wh i bother, But then the other people are like, dude, those eighty people actually paid like they deserve a good show, So let's give him something.
Speaker 3: Well for these.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight hundred people actually cared enough to pay for this Collision show in Canada, a show they can't even watch on television. Two point zero comes out and they're over like gods.
Speaker 3: In this building.
Speaker 1: The place is going nuts. And so they decided to put him against Penta and Commander Commander, by the way, who does nothing but jobs, including a week ago he did a job. Well, Commander beats him. They don't need to win in their hometown. Let's not make the people too happy here. They got a show. Then, Brian Danielson and Androtte in a tournament match was the main event, and overall it was a very good match, but at least three botch spots by Brian Danielson because he has one eye, and like, you're wrestling with an one eye, And then you know, I had people were like, I think he botched him on purpose, and I was like, I know, this guy's really smart, but brother, if you're making a match worse to get over your bad eye, if you're purposely making it worse to sell your bad eye, I'd rather you just waited till your eye was healthy really, so that we didn't screw up spots, either on accident or on purpose.
Speaker 5: But the thought of him now channeling Saboo and it's saying that is hilarious to me.
Speaker 1: Though Androdde works over the eye, Brian's bleeding all over the place.
Speaker 5: It looked wonderful, didn't then I look, just dood it.
Speaker 1: Looked great, and so then he hammerlocked DT pins Brian Danielson, and then Claudio comes out. Claudio's mad at on RODDI for going after the eye of a guy who willingly went into a tournament with an eyepatch on. And then keep in mind Claudia also, I think as a match with Danielson coming up, so's see what happens there, but very very good main event. And yes we had tribute to the troops.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to go into rampage. You had a perfect opportunity.
Speaker 1: Now this is a very very important show. Like a lot happened here. For example, dragon and Santo's Escobar in a US title tournament match. It is now absolutely a pattern if you have an NXT title match coming up, you will lose the day before. And so Dragon Lee was beaten by Santos Escobar. Santos moves on to the tournament, and Dragon Lee went on to the NXT show where he actually won the North American title, so maybe Santos can challenge him for that belt. Randy Orton gave Nick Aldison check for fifty grand or he was fine fifty grand. He gave him check for one hundred grand, and I just goes, why is this one hundred grand?
Speaker 3: I find you fifty.
Speaker 1: He should have just not said anything, taken the money. But Randy goes, yes, that's for next time.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cody put over all of the troops. Then we had Bobby Latchley and carrying Cross in a compelling can't miss tournament match.
Speaker 3: What about seven minutes or whatever.
Speaker 1: Lastly pinned him and like, hey, listen, I'll talk more about this with Tom. But we mentioned it for weeks now. Why and God's name are Bobby Lashley in the street profits heels?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: He was the most over guy on the show. And then they went out of their way to talk about the military career of Lashly and Montez like okay, and they were super over.
Speaker 5: This ain't going to be forever. This is not going to be forever. They will be babyfaces soon enough.
Speaker 1: We had the punk promo where he talked about going to raw to choose what Brandy's going to go to and yes, of course he had the line about, uh.
Speaker 3: What was the line here?
Speaker 1: Let's see if I I'm sure I wrote it down exactly.
Speaker 5: Did you clear this with Stephen Pino?
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 1: But essentially he said that, you know, Kevin Owens, he might want to fight him, but they're too much alike. He says, I don't know who would feel comfortable working with somebody who randomly just punches people in the face backstage. I mean, it's twenty twenty three, ladies and gentlemen, you just can't be doing stuff like that. It's insane. Dead silence for that line. I'm talking dead silence. No, are you kidding me? Did you watch the show? There was no reaction to the line whatsoever.
Speaker 5: I don't know. People immediately compared it to the scissors thing, and that was far worse.
Speaker 1: He was trying to get this this line out there, and you know, they wanted people to talk about it all weekend. Some bloke on the board got really mad that I didn't, But guys, there's nothing to talk about it. It's like a scripted line that was designed to get you talking. And the funny thing is the fans didn't react to it. If you want to know, well, online they did.
Speaker 3: But that's exactly and you know why.
Speaker 1: You know why there was no reaction. Care No, I'll tell you why there was no reaction. There was no reaction because these people really want to like see him punk and he was out there making light of something that wasn't very nice.
Speaker 3: So they were like, do.
Speaker 5: You think that I don't want to cheer for that. I'd say that there's maybe a small percentage of people who are like that, but I don't think that that is the case.
Speaker 1: There is no way Mike, there is no way that this audience does not know what happened with cmpunk and aw. There is just absolutely, positively no way. They just didn't think that was something to cheer for and laugh at over their heads.
Speaker 5: But it again heads, This stuff still works for online because it sends people into insanity. And the reality is it didn't take anything away from the promo either, because for those people that didn't react, it doesn't matter. The whole rest of the promo was fine. So it's not Again, this is one of the reasons I'm already tiring of him and Rollins because if this is what their whole feud is essentially going to be based on, which it probably is.
Speaker 1: We had Askar beating Charlotte. Actually Charlotte beat h Osca, which was amazing because Charlotte suffered a knee injury, leg injury of so sort and I mean, she couldn't do anything, and they ended up actually doing the spot to lead to the finish and they gave her the win. So it was very important in their storyline to make sure that Oscar lost as a result of Bailey, because that's the storyline here. I hope that Charlotte did not injure her knee worse than it actually was, but she was taken and got X rays. I don't have an update yet, but it may not be good at all. She couldn't stand on it nothing. And then the main event orton La Night versus Jimmy USO and Solo, and I'm sure you know exactly how this went. They did the heat on both guys, both guys made comebacks, and then finally La goes for his finish on Jimmy, but Randy grabs Jimmy in mid finish and hits him with the RKO and pins him. And even though Randy stole the pin and he still celebrated with La Night. Afterwards they shook hands. Basic house show match. Although everything from the hot tag on was quite great. But it's a good show overall. But I don't understand the need for this to be recapt imminently. Hey, you know what that guy on the board, filthy Tom Lallerd an hour man. That guy knows how to talk. We'll spend hours on SmackDown. Every little bit of this show will be recapped, and also tonight with Dave. You're gonna be sick of SmackDown by the time I'm done with this show. Let me tell you sick of it. Why does Dave need to talk about it tonight. I don't know because he didn't talk about it Saturday and it was a scandal. But you know what, I am a man of the people. You want to hear about SmackDown, Brother, I'll tell you about SmackDown. I will tell you about this show until SmackDown is coming out my ears? O hear me?
Speaker 3: Did I mention what's.
Speaker 1: On SmackDown next week? Let me remind everybody in case you missed it. We got Roman Reigns returns okay, probably setting up something with Randy Orton because Randy Orton and Roman Reigns are probably gonna be the Royal Rumble match. Then we got Kevin Owens and Austin Theory, and we got Grayson Waller and Carmelo Hayes. You know who might be on SmackDown is see him Punk. Maybe he'll sign with SmackDown. I think he's gonna sign with Raw Me too. I'm pretty sure he's not gonna sign with NXT. If you watch the show every week, he would sign with NXT because that's what I do. But I am not see him punk.
Speaker 5: No, yes, you're also not Barreon Corbin standing in the Kansas City Chiefs luxury box alongside Taylor Swift eating steaks.
Speaker 1: I think that was a photoshop. Don't trust that, Corbin. Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Huh uh, yes, breaking news.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I screwed up on that SmackDown report. Why it was actually Oscar rolled up Charlotte. It's very important I get this information out. I don't want to compromise the sanctity of the world famous SmackDown Report here. But anyway, yes, because because Bailey helped Oscar win, that's leading to her baby face turn. She's doing everything she can for damage control, but they're gonna screw her in the end and beat her up and kick her out, and she'll go babyface.
Speaker 3: So I've had no.
Speaker 1: Coffee today, Corey Conway. I quit caffeine a while ago. I got more energy than ever.
Speaker 5: Never like coffee to begin crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you have ways sometimes just you know, whatever it took. But now I'm clean as a sheep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nothing nothing sugar nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean I have a you know, cookie or something on the weekends.
Speaker 5: Whatever, it's Christmas in the holiday season. Here are you going to do any dieting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? DJM straight edge. You see, me and Punk have a lot in common. We have a lot in common. I think that's why we don't get along. It's like that promo that you do with Kevin Owens. You know, we're too alike.
Speaker 5: You know what, we really should bring a psychologist on this show and maybe that they can do a little work and compare and contrast both of you.
Speaker 1: God, maybe Stephen P. Knew could come on and do a psychological analysis.
Speaker 5: I'm about to call him right now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're at a time everybody went a wrap it up? Want I think Mike as always callers and listeners over the studio. Everybody who's bid on the guess ho spots up to nine hundred and ten dollars.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get your bids in everybody. If you don't win, we got three more, but it all goes to a great cause.
Speaker 3: So thank you all for your donations. And that's it. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 1: Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the Eight Side network