Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: From a standpoint of technology, right, I'm interested in to know like how you guys are adapting to technology and how it's changing you know, your business models.
Speaker 3: That's you, Roy, that's me okay.
Speaker 4: So I consider myself the oldest one, yes, and as you know, older people don't like that stuff.
Speaker 3: She calls me for every thing. She had to help me, how did I get into the airport to go your ticket? But we have really we do lean into technology and AI and all of that. So one thing that we recently did was we talked about earlier y'all asked us like, how do we bring our brick and mortar our company to like our online so people when they walk in the T shop, we can say, what do you want your tea to do for you? What's the vibe, what's the flavor? All of these things? Where do you want to meet you? And we can talk about that. So now we have on our site just as simple as a little robot that says, okay, click these little buttons and it'll tell you the first five blends that you need to go purchase, and that has helped us. One has increased the cells so much we can go back and be like wow, like they actually bought this extra tea, and then offer another discount and leaning into it to allow technology to be a part of it and take things off our plate, because if we think about it, we've talked about staffing, we talked about operation and a y'all offers where you can take some of this off your plate so we don't have to build every landing page, we don't have to write every little description or do all the little minute things and online orders, click the buttons and use it. We don't need to email every person back. You have a little assistant right there that comes with your Gmail now if you're using Gmail suite, and they'll do it for you, like leaning into it, learning it and taking like just taking time to let allow those things and that takes up having to hire an extra person for it. That has really helped us. And then I just have to train her to know how those systems so that they're affective for us. So that's one way that we have used it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and our whole team has they're all young, and we have Square and they teach me how to use the square. My team teaches the owner how to use the square and so the square.
Speaker 1: That sounds like Auntie.
Speaker 4: But then when I learned it, when I learned it, then they change something. Yeah, so weird. They moved the button this one right here, So I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: That's an update.
Speaker 3: So seriously, all the line would be out their door on Friday. It was me and her working. It's us too, because we let our team have summer breaks. We told them like y'all get y'all mental health. You want to take two weeks here, you want to take two weeks we'll be at the shot. So I made it. It was an update and she's like, I'm going to be on a register today. Okay, then Auntie, you you be on a register. I'm be in the back of the house. I'm making drinks. You're taking care of the people up front. She's like, well, can you come help me with the register? And I'm like, oh face, I got you with the updates, but knowing how, but it makes it fun and it really does grow the company because when customers walk in. One thing that surprised us was like they walked in, they saw both of us and it was like, oh my god, I'm star struck. And we're like, no, we're we out here hustling like we got it in us. You're gonna see us doing every position at this shop. Somebody want to call out, we are there to show up. So whether or not we use technology, some things we can't replace technology for. We can't replace our personalities. You're gonna get that, but we can't replace it. But you're gonna get us when you come to the shop. You're gonna get us on online and all of that.
Speaker 5: We're low tech over here. Well, I mean we have you know, like kind of the same like square point of sale system set up. We use the mobile ones for our you know, the pop up shops. At this point in business, in terms of technology, we're just trying to figure out how to enhance our data collection because we do so much service to community and we now have so many like funders and things with grants, and we want to be able to tell the complete story of our business. So it's really more like that kind of in like research and development right now, trying to figure out what tech, what things can we use to be able to collect as much data as we can to be able to tell a better story of who we are.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I've become an AI bought. Some of my team members call me Kika bot. I love AI. I remember when chat GPT first came out, you guys know TJ, Me and TJ were on Zoom every single day, like playing with prompts like when it first came out. And so now she's like, hey, look what I did. I'm like, how the did you do this? So for me, it's it's helped. It's like the kryptonite that I needed. I think as human, this sounds so bad. I'm sorry. Shout out to AI, shout out to Square. But it's actually made me like a super woman because the things I lacked now I can get from AI to attached to what I so like as a creator, I'm creative. I can create a business from scratch. Strategy, I can create from scratch. But how do I make sure this strategy is going to lead to millions? Oh that's a prompt. Make sure it leads to millions? And actually that's what I did. I built black Box franchising using chat GBT prompts and I reverse engineered. So this is how much I want to make the first year? Now, how do I do this? Give me all the steps? I follow the steps. We got there after four months and I'm not making this up. So it's like it's it's really helped me a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sell.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm on a commercial.
Speaker 1: It's my best friend. Is this really her? Me?
Speaker 6: Guys, I saw your shout out to your last episode. I'm like, oh, that's not her, this is not me. But no, I encourage everyone to embrace it because if you still don't know what we're talking about, it's already like kind.
Speaker 2: Of too late.
Speaker 1: Ernest what's up.
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Square Banking. One of the things we love most is seeing neighborhood businesses level up. This this West Indian spot right in our community that started with a small takeout counter. Now with Square they've been able to expand into a full sit down restaurant and even started catering events across the city. That's the kind of growth that inspires us, and it's powered by Square. Square is built for all types of businesses, from the corner bagel shop that turned into a local chain, to the specialty market with thousands of unique items, to the stylist who's been holding you down for years. With Square Banking, growth gets easier. You've got more control over your cash flow, access to capital right in the same system you're already using to run your business, and with a free Square Savings account, you can automatically set aside a portion of your sales for upgrades, taxes, and those slow seasons, setting yourself up for long term success and when it's time for the next big move. Square makes it simple to get approved with a Square loan based on your actual business performance. No long ways, just quick access to capital. In fact, eighty eight percent of businesses with Square loans growth. So go to Square dot com, slash go, slash e y l to learn more about how your business can grow with Square. That's s q U a r e dot com slash g O, slash e y l. Block Inc. Is not a bank. Banking services provided by Square Financial Services, Inc. And certain bank members. F d I C loans are subject to credit approval