Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 3: Hours at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Don't take burners here, that's got kidsadown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts, Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: It is a holiday week and we of course want to pass on our gratitude for tuning in to this holiday episode, this holiday edition of your favorite Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: But it's not just any Tuesday, it's our final show of the.
Speaker 5: Week because we do have holiday celebrations and a travel day kind of mixed in between throughout the week. So we will next be on the air on Monday, which means we don't have a Wednesday show. We do not have a Thursday show, we do not have a Friday show, And if we don't have a.
Speaker 3: Friday show, then that only means one thing.
Speaker 5: That means for the second time this season, we've gotta say it with.
Speaker 3: Your test Tube. Here are total Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah boys, bring.
Speaker 6: The gears a cow shots.
Speaker 7: Fear they'll see Josh throw in the air from.
Speaker 1: The Saturday tod if a chat cheeps us ud say it was a chest.
Speaker 8: It's a sandwich test two favorite town watching.
Speaker 3: On Chris Smith's days.
Speaker 5: It is a new kickoff, but you better be up and ready with your black rifle coffee, ready to.
Speaker 3: Take on the world. I don't care what the playoff is. I don't care what the situation is.
Speaker 5: You're still fans of the Dallas Cowboys or else you wouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you joining us.
Speaker 5: Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris beaming the back of Kyle Yeoman's here from the.
Speaker 3: S WBC studios at the.
Speaker 1: Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen, Happy holidays, Happy.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas, Mary to you all, and happy holidays of course all.
Speaker 10: Of the holidays are.
Speaker 9: Here, guys, really quick. Just to start us off. All the things I have presents I brought presence. You can see every one of you. Isaiah stand back here, you hold off before you do it.
Speaker 3: You didn't wrap these, you.
Speaker 1: Know I wanted tidy whities. No, clearly the wife wrapped.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: No, I did, Look, I did.
Speaker 3: Did you they look good.
Speaker 5: I'm in yemens one with the arm truck like cow was, like the way you stuffed that tissue paper.
Speaker 1: It looks good.
Speaker 9: Good, all right, everybody grab the first thing at the top should be a bag, like.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go, bag like this thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Oh I have a feeling.
Speaker 9: Do we know what this is?
Speaker 3: I like the feeling.
Speaker 9: Don't go ahead?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, ok A little black rifle coffee, sir, I'm beyond black.
Speaker 3: I'm brown medium.
Speaker 5: I'm the spirit of seventy six over here. That's the one they have in the uh in the coffee machines upstairs.
Speaker 3: That one's really good. It's good, It's very good.
Speaker 1: I am beyond black.
Speaker 8: Everybody, it's yours act yes with the nightgugges on.
Speaker 3: And mine has George Washington and Abraham.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 1: To be fair. Okay, now my.
Speaker 3: Black rifle coffee is starting to make sense.
Speaker 1: Back here?
Speaker 3: What is yours loyal spirit? There's a dog on it all right?
Speaker 1: Upstairs? It's good.
Speaker 8: Center mediaup real quick cut, Oh, bro, hold on the beyond black, over beyond black with night goggles, bro playing hide and go seek nightggs Purp.
Speaker 3: Kyle, how about you go this is the spirit of seventy six. No, but but you have like to open the get open the gift. I will do that.
Speaker 9: This is something very kyle he's getting into it now. So we have to represent Kylee on the show. It's so you can have a cup of coffee in the big time.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, My kids are gonna love that.
Speaker 9: Awesome, I say you want to go next?
Speaker 1: All right, that's sick digging down yonder.
Speaker 9: It's it's to make his good morning football host jealous.
Speaker 8: Yes, hey, I'm about to send him a picture right now.
Speaker 9: I was looking so desperately hard for seth Rawlins themed anything, but I was like, you know what, we would make him jealous. He's getting a Roman Roman rain Bro.
Speaker 1: I am about to take a picture and send this to him.
Speaker 3: You're gonna send it.
Speaker 1: To Oh yeah, I guess it's munster. When we go here, let's see.
Speaker 9: You got you got a couple of things in there.
Speaker 10: Okay, I pulled out first. Yeah you want me to pull out?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's just a little something.
Speaker 1: He just wants you to pull it up.
Speaker 9: All right, it's Christmas. It's Christmas man, all right? Oh sweet, you got a sweet just for his desk, getting the whole desk situation, you know.
Speaker 5: But we were just talking about cars and classic cars the other day, the Salvation Army.
Speaker 9: But you've got one more in here. This was really hard to find. I wanted to get something that was so you that you know, just embodied.
Speaker 1: Soft and supple, soft and like a lady.
Speaker 9: And it's kind of theme to what you wear all the time. Hold it up for the camera, sir. In your size that is, it's exactly what Patricks on the show every day.
Speaker 8: First of all, first of all, this is fire, that is all.
Speaker 1: It's so fire that my son is going to end up weird.
Speaker 9: What do you mean, dude?
Speaker 3: That's your size?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 9: I got it in an extra medium for extra medium.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: He can make the joke. He can make the joke. You I shan't. I shan't stand for you.
Speaker 6: Know that?
Speaker 1: Men, Josh, You're awesome, bro.
Speaker 3: Thanks very Christmas, Christmas guys, very much. That's awesome. How cool is that?
Speaker 1: My gift wasn't as cool as you guys?
Speaker 9: What are you talking about? You make your co host jealous?
Speaker 1: Man? My gift that I gave you guys wasn't.
Speaker 9: Oh no, your gift was excellent.
Speaker 3: You thought he was dissing your gift.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, mine's not as cool.
Speaker 3: Actually, Now Isaiah gave us all good. Yeah, he gave us some.
Speaker 1: Columbia which smell good oil fragrance.
Speaker 10: Matter of fact, I'm wearing one of the smell goods you gave us last year.
Speaker 3: I used it all.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: It is big guilty from Isaiah from last Christmas.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 9: I was got Chris some v bucks back there.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 8: There you go, some road books, s moll blocks books. Oh yeah, true, Chris Man. Oh yes, all right, and they're right, Chris.
Speaker 3: Let's get talking.
Speaker 9: We start to nine o eight.
Speaker 5: Let's give the present of talking christ news and notes.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: There are some news, there are some notes.
Speaker 10: There are a couple of presents in really okay, So let's start with the first President, Ryan Flinoy. You know, after that scary knee injury, after the late hit from Perryman.
Speaker 1: He got suspended to he got suspended. I'll spend it two games.
Speaker 10: So that's the first Christmas present be pack him up after that dirty play. But because the late hit, because of what it did, as far as how Illinoy's knee was versus top half of his body being pushed over his knee.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was fearful.
Speaker 10: The Cowboys were fearful that it might be you know, devastating knee injury. Christmas gift is that it's simply a sprain in his knee. He participated in the walk through yesterday, all beat it in a limited capacity. I still believe that he will not take the field on a short week on Christmas against the Commanders. However, the fact that he says when I spoke with him yesterday that there's a chance he does and he is working toward that tells me that we might get at least one more game out of Illinoy this season, the next game obviously being almost two weeks away.
Speaker 1: So where's heading his contract?
Speaker 3: Ooh, year two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got draft picks. He's got another two year yeah, yea, yeah, he's drafted. So he has a four year and he's year two.
Speaker 8: So he's got time for the Cowboys to enjoy his essentious it's not.
Speaker 1: Of the utmost importance that he gets back this correct, correct.
Speaker 9: So yeah, but he's I think he's solidified your wide receiver three genuinely agree exactly, coming from you know, basically.
Speaker 1: Being damn right, he has waived in.
Speaker 9: You're ahead of the game season.
Speaker 1: Now you know wide receivering, there's no doubt run the nerve.
Speaker 3: Well, if they don't George, don't retain George.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's a different one, speaking of George Pickens. More Christmas gifts. Okay, So the Pro Bowl roster was released. Obviously we know because you're about to say it's Super Bowls are the goal, not Pro Bowls. We know, but they're not going to the Super Bowl. So let's celebrate the Pro Bowl. That's what we got.
Speaker 1: So George Pickens. Shout up to George Pickens.
Speaker 10: He landed his first Pro Bowl nod of his career well obviously, also his first one thousand yard receiving season of his career.
Speaker 1: Breakout year.
Speaker 9: I thought he had attitude problems. No, okay, Well, at least Pittsburgh kind of figured it out. And they don't have receivers of that to bro No.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, did they not have a guy spend it punched a fan, punched a fan in the face.
Speaker 1: Well he didn't connect. It was a valiant effort, but.
Speaker 3: He did give us.
Speaker 9: But George Pickens had that attitude appreciate.
Speaker 10: Being he needed assisted assist. Yeah, he did, all right, So George Picking shout out to him for lenning his first ever Pro.
Speaker 3: Bowl, second one thousand yard receiving.
Speaker 10: Second thousand yard received. You're right, you're right right, But needle is pointed due north for George Pickens re signed him immediately.
Speaker 1: It should have done that. Good season, agreed, But it takes too His agent knows they.
Speaker 3: Weren't going to sign.
Speaker 9: His agent wasn't going to sign.
Speaker 8: I'm saying to try, because now try what is the price? Now what I know, like, what's the bare minimum? Bare minimum? It's not going to reset the market? Asking what is the bare middal? It's pretty high, yeah, high, thirty city.
Speaker 1: Getting Cee, he's getting what thirty five? Right, thirty five?
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is I'm thinking thirty two ish, that's what they're gonna want.
Speaker 10: Put thirty four and keep it pushing, maybe thirty four on the table and keep pushing. So alongside George Pickens, we have four other Pro bowlers in the building, one being one Dak Prescott, Tyler Smith.
Speaker 8: Brandon butter All, Breeze. Oh yes, and this one is interesting. Quinn Williams nice And I say interesting.
Speaker 10: Because he was able to do it and through the course of two different teams.
Speaker 8: Has that happened before, I'm sure it has. Oh yeah, I'm sure it has too.
Speaker 10: But one because he didn't miss a beat after the trade. I mean, he was playing at the Pro Bowl level level for the New York Jets, gets traded mid season to the Dallas Cowboys and immediately hits the ground running at a higher level. So shouts out to Q, shouts out the Q. So those are the Christmas gifts let's talk about.
Speaker 3: And that's those are initial Pro Bowlers.
Speaker 1: Initials could be some reserves, probably.
Speaker 10: Be an alternate depending on how the playoffs shakeout.
Speaker 3: All Pro is yet no later, dude?
Speaker 1: Now that for me, that's yeah, that's the money.
Speaker 8: Is this the first year CD has not been Pro Bowl?
Speaker 3: No, he didn't make it the first year.
Speaker 1: He has four All pros? I mean, full pol I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he made it his rookie heere he.
Speaker 9: Was hurt forst stretch.
Speaker 1: Well, Kyle is double checking. Then yeah, he didn't make it. He didn't at the drops.
Speaker 9: I think it's understandable, but I would I would argue, he would argue.
Speaker 8: I'm not disputing that. Why he should not be included.
Speaker 9: I don't think he would just dispute that either. I think he's you know.
Speaker 5: He's also played his career low in games. He's going to have understandable why he's low.
Speaker 9: And so what's the problem is.
Speaker 8: I have no problem wondering it. Is this the first time he had made it? That's why That's why I was That's all I was asking.
Speaker 3: He would be probably at the top of my list in terms of a reserve.
Speaker 1: I was going to say he could. He has an argument to be there.
Speaker 10: I mean, he broke a thousand yards by week sixteen, having missed several games with a high ankles Bran.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's pretty damn impressive.
Speaker 10: So I understand why he's not in the initial list, But I could see the argument being made there.
Speaker 1: I mean, not a hill that I stand on, But how many thousand yard receivers in the league right now? That's another question you asking a lot. You have your lenovo right now. You guys know all the websites, all right, I'm pulling it up right now. Let's see.
Speaker 10: And while we're pulling those up, let me get right into the injury report really quickly. So again, Cowboys had to walk through yesterday, Tyler Guyton. This is where the Christmas gift stops. Tyler Guiton is likely done for the season. Per Brian Schottenheimer and Jerry Jones for that matter. To one on five through the Fan on yesterday, Tyler Guyton is still trying to, you know, get back on the field issue.
Speaker 3: Can I go back a little bit? Can I can I backtrack?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I just want to clarify this because I was thinking. I was like, it's not the into the regular season yet, why are their Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: Rosters being announced?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not Pro Bowl rosters, it's the final fan vote. So the fan vote has been final. Those guys that we just mentioned were leading in the fan vote category. The final roster has not been decided yet, so that that will come later. But they won the fan vote portions of the roster, which is a huge chunk of getting into the Pro Bowl. So it's not official that all those guys are Pro Bowlers yet, so however there will.
Speaker 1: Be there are a chance.
Speaker 8: There are eleven one thousand yard receivers through Week sixteen. Ceedee Lamb is tenth out of eleven. George Pickens is third, in terms of your.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 9: That seems pretty good.
Speaker 8: The video is Jackson Smith and Jigba Pukakua and then one Jorge Pickens.
Speaker 9: Seems like a team that should be in the playoffs. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Hey, two one thousand yard guys in the top eleven in a thousand yard rushia and a four thousand year passer. All right, So bringing back forward to the injury report, Tayler guy and likely will not see the field again, uh this regular season? Which Tyler actually I thought he would. I thought he would, but he won't.
Speaker 10: Tyler Smith will remain at left tackle for the remainder of the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 3: I messed it up?
Speaker 9: They are?
Speaker 5: Are you reading the list from like eleven minutes ago? Then I'm completely off my bad?
Speaker 3: Guys? How is this so early? We got two weeks left in the regular season? Is that normal?
Speaker 1: So should we just delete everything you just said? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have made the Pro Bowl. That is the Pro Bowl roster. So yeah, they released it like eleven minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Lead Yeah, so okay.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: It is on Dallas.
Speaker 1: Black Neuralizer. Yeah, never happened.
Speaker 3: Why why so early?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I feel like they've never done that.
Speaker 1: It does feel a bit.
Speaker 3: It's two weeks left in the regular season.
Speaker 9: Really, I feel like.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I'm just wrong.
Speaker 1: Who knows Tyler got down for the camp.
Speaker 3: We all get one right, we all get one wrong. It's late in the season.
Speaker 8: There are eleven eleven one thousand yard rusher in the NFL to.
Speaker 3: Share you and is number six.
Speaker 9: Top ten?
Speaker 1: My bad? Guys to ten.
Speaker 9: We're trying to say, Isaiah nothing at all.
Speaker 3: It kind of sounds like you're saying something.
Speaker 10: I think it is. Marveo Overshoon remains in concussion protocol. I'm still of the impression he will not take the field against the Washington Commanders on Christmas Day. Too short of a time period to clear concussion protocol. Is it possible yes? Is it plausible?
Speaker 1: No? Way should say? Is it probable?
Speaker 10: No, it is plausible, it's not probable. And from there, no bad news on the injury front. Got a lot of guys who were limited in the walk through yesterday, but everyone seems to still be on track. Quinny Williams is on track to play to return. He missed, obviously Sunday's game against the charges with both the concussion and the knick injury. Will Yeah, I think he will play. Okay, I think he will play. And this is based on how Shoddy is describing it. Shoddy describing it as he was close to playing on Sunday, but in the pregame workout the next issue the neck tightened up on him. So they figured, Okay, with this being a short week, let's give him more days to rest and try to work through that next issue. But the expectation as we have this conversations that Q will be on the field against the Commanders. Don't know how I feel about that, which is to say I don't know how Actually I do know how I feel about the start is playing. I want this team to be competitive because competitive is fun. I also want to see some of these younger guys get some some playing time at this particular position. I think it would be great to be able to see like a J. Doya get out there against Washington and his last couple of games, get him some game reps, get some film on him, so you can have something to go into the offseason and say, hey, this is what we need you to correct. Going into training camp in the offseason, program. So that's why I would like to see a guy like Quinn Williams kind of pull a eye. Would like to see q pull back. So I want to see some of these younger guys get out there.
Speaker 5: But article on Dallas Cowboys dot com com coming out on that later today.
Speaker 8: You know what I don't want to see. I don't want to see Dakota Prescott. Who's your number two leading passer in the NFL.
Speaker 1: They say he's playing. I don't want to see him.
Speaker 8: Why don't you want to We have examples around the league individuals who.
Speaker 1: Were playing for It's statement.
Speaker 8: No playoff contention, I'll put it that way. I don't want to say playing for nothing. It's always something to play for. Inspect the game, but there's no playoff hopes, which means there's no Lombardi hope. Therefore, you're putting them at risk for potentially not being in that position to help you the following season. I don't want to see some of our superstars in position. You can't sit everybody, but there's a handful of superstars we just named.
Speaker 3: That we just named other than Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 8: Dak Prescott second in the league in passing Gravontay Williams six in the league in.
Speaker 3: Russian he's not under contract though, sixth in.
Speaker 8: League in rushing, Ceedee Lamb, George Pickens, top eleven in passing, I mean sorry in receiving yards, Quinnin Williams pro bowler.
Speaker 5: They're not gonna, said Pickings and Williams because they're under contract or they're not under contract. If you have them under contract for getting twenty six, that's where you need it.
Speaker 1: I completely you need to diagree means.
Speaker 8: But certain guys I just don't want to see on the field because I don't want to put them at risk. There's unfortunately, there's some got some major injuries that took place last week that kind of just last couple of weeks that just those guys were fighting. Some of those guys were fighting for playoff contention. So I understood why they're in a game. But like, for instance, like Cleveland Browns had a major injury last.
Speaker 1: Week, some of their main.
Speaker 8: Let's see, I want to say main ingredients, but some of their main contributors probably shouldn't have been out there, and unfortunately they're not going to be out there for a good portrait of next season now. Probably because of the injury that they sustain while being out there for what exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, I.
Speaker 8: Mean I agree, I do think there's an element of it. For you can't, I can't guarantee that you're not gonna get hurt. Agree, I know that there's an element to it. For Dak Prescott, of having battled against the injury bug these past recent seasons, he wants a full seventeen.
Speaker 1: Now, does that.
Speaker 10: Mean he needs to play for the next eight quarters? No, no, no, But I would be fine with getting him the first series of each game and then pulling him because now he has his seventeen starts, you know, which means a lot to him. I mean, you put yourself in his shoes, like it means a lot to him. I put myself in his shoes. That's why we gave him sixty million dollars, so his shoes are full or full?
Speaker 1: Sit down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Like like at that point, like you have to protect it from themselves, sit like a Southern grandmother. As parents, right, as parents, you protect your kids from themselves. Yes, sometimes as managers of athletes, you have to protect your athletes from this. Up there there are innately competitors. They are competitors. There's why they're playing football at the highest level in the world.
Speaker 3: You're never going to hear him say anything other than other than I'm ready, I want the smoke, I need to be out.
Speaker 8: And if you have guys that say to say anything but that, they want them on your team, So you have to protect guys from themselves. I understand the TV rights deals and all this, all the other politics that go into the football politics or in everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's politics in football.
Speaker 8: There's there's there's leverage that certain groups have over listen, there's pressures sit as button down because.
Speaker 1: Overall, I need your you need your leader.
Speaker 8: They won't I hear what you're saying. I'm just communicating my and my thought.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't frustrating from this point because.
Speaker 8: Because you would, you would, you would lose your entire everything.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, your window right now, your window for Dak Prescott to be at the level that he was this year, where he was able to be a four thousand yard passer, have two one thousand yard receivers, have a thousand yard rusher, to lead one of the best offenses in football.
Speaker 3: Your window is twenty six in twenty twenty seven, and you.
Speaker 5: Got two first round picks to add to that this year. You've got more capital, more salary cap room than you've had in the past couple of years, to try and add to that this offseason. So with all of that in front of you, why would you jeopardize that for a game against the Washington Commanders, a team in your division, and the New York Giants, a team in your division that have no sort of ground on playoffs.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: You want to build a culture, you want to build a winning mentality. This isn't a losing mentality. No, it's just logistics. It's just being smart and setting up your chance to win in twenty twenty six six in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Do you have kill your house?
Speaker 7: Call?
Speaker 3: Absolutely have insurance a house in your car?
Speaker 1: You guys have insurance? You guys do, right? Why?
Speaker 3: Because something can go wrong?
Speaker 1: Have you have you filed any claims? No? Still got it? But you still pay for it every month? Rightiled?
Speaker 3: Some claims?
Speaker 8: Pay thousands of dollars every month? Right, just to ensures every year, just to make sure if something were to happen, you're protected.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, right?
Speaker 8: So you're protecting your home, protect Dak, protect some of your superstars on your team, because non contact injuries are up higher than they've ever been yep. So it's not even about oh, you can protect them from getting hit, Oh you can get the ball out quick. Non contact injuries, injuries that require absolutely nobody aside from that particular athlete are happening at a higher rate than they ever.
Speaker 5: Have before, and they've happened to him previously, y'all cooking John in the chat said, does the window matter if you don't get this defense right? No, it doesn't matter. You have to get the defense right. And the reason why I bring that up in this very specific spot is you have an off season to try and get the defense.
Speaker 3: Right while you know what you have on offense.
Speaker 8: Okay, so are you willing to his question if Dak were to get hurt, does it you got the defense.
Speaker 5: Rightat doesn't matter if you don't have Dak Prescott. No, it doesn't matter. You're in a position at the defense right and that's where you've got to do it over the course of an off season. So Dak is a huge part of this, why Jeppard and he.
Speaker 8: Knows that, Yeah, and he knows that, so he's gonna be if you were to sit him, which I agree, I don't believe that they will.
Speaker 1: In the beginning, Tallas Smith stay at left head big TV.
Speaker 10: Huh, Tylers Smith stay at left tackle is telling that it'll be Dak under center.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree with Joe.
Speaker 10: They feel like he can escape and it would probably be Nate or I Dentergy.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 10: I'm just telling you, like in fact that Tylers Smith is going to be starting to tell you and I know what.
Speaker 8: You're hitting at and wink wink. I tend to agree and I'll leave it there.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we come back, We're gonna get some QB vision.
Speaker 5: It's going to be an extra quick version of QB vision previewing the cowboys and getting in and out of there. Yeah, we are real quick, brandy, macho man, savvy.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be real when we.
Speaker 3: Come back on talking cowboys.
Speaker 1: With the Meat step Brother.
Speaker 11: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 9: We're with you.
Speaker 11: That's our promise to you, because no matter of the project or the challenge you're facing, where with you?
Speaker 5: Where are United Cowboys Vans? We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating location. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to.
Speaker 3: Power through those long days.
Speaker 5: So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee, America's coffee.
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 12: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you up, some great talent and they got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 8: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 9: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 13: Bank of America, the official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation at.
Speaker 1: AT and T.
Speaker 13: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 8: Hey yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken.
Speaker 1: Wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback.
Speaker 9: Staying connected matters. That's why, in the rare event of a network.
Speaker 13: Outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day's service. For wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and are caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to impact tower. Don't set it out it restrictions and exclusion apply. Set dot com sluch guarantee for full details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. The segment has brought to you by in Visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Don't have for you drinking?
Speaker 8: Oh me, I'm drinking literally a super don't have any time to waste.
Speaker 3: That was literally what I was about to say.
Speaker 1: Just black.
Speaker 3: Let's get into QB vision.
Speaker 2: Whylady cut, It's time for KOB vision with Isaiah's stand back.
Speaker 3: Yes here you are, well, we got two more of these left.
Speaker 1: Let's get through it super easy today. This is not a typical dan Quinn defense.
Speaker 9: Very surprising, is it.
Speaker 1: It's not. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that. It's a it's soft. It's a soft dan Quinn defense.
Speaker 9: A w F T.
Speaker 1: Yeah s a w FT.
Speaker 8: No, they actually show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 8: No, it's it's a very soft version of dan Quinn.
Speaker 1: Typically.
Speaker 8: When you think about dan Quinn defense, what do you think about single high box safety, pressman ring pressure. It's none of that. It is none of that. I don't know what's going on over there. But I've never seen dan Quinn play a too high shell, primarily cover four, cover two, cover six, different variations of too high safeties. Occasionally now occasionally he will roll to a single high safety and play cover three or man. But that is the that is the Nominally, it used to be his primary. He used to bring a lot of pressure. I don't know what happened. I really don't know what happened. This is not when you look turn this defense on.
Speaker 1: This is not d Q.
Speaker 8: So I don't believe that he is the one making the calls at this point in time. We know all the coaching staff over there, primarily who would be making Joe Witt junior he was. He took the responsibilities away from Joe. Then I don't know what's going on with Dan.
Speaker 9: This is a sounds like the same coordinator that plays against the Green Bay in the playoffs in and T Stadium. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, boll y'all taking these shots today, y'all chooting?
Speaker 3: I said, I still blame that whole game on his scheme.
Speaker 5: Really well, he had a justice scheme because the cornerback, Yeah, because you were trying to hide the help of Stephan.
Speaker 1: Gil Gilmore was don't want to revisit the true move list.
Speaker 9: But that was the same coordinator.
Speaker 8: Because of your inability because he had a dislocated shoulder. His shoulder was sublexing right, so he couldn't press. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: It was physicality.
Speaker 1: It was a physicality, so they had to back off. So yes, very much. So like that, huh did they? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So now this is what it just summed them out, So you're playing two high safeties a lot of time. So four defensive backs out there oftentimes very light box, very light box, anywhere from six man box oftentimes sometimes five man box. Bobby Wagoner still there, Frankie Luvu is still there. They still have all their guys, Kim Lawliver Dran playing. There's got guys that you have to respect, but they're just not playing aggressively. Williams, then it should be Jamonathan william should have a big game, passing game. You should pretty much have whatever you want. I don't see this defense stopping you. This is almost like, hey, let's get through the rest of the year type defense. It was like, hey, let's been, let's been, let's been. Hopefully don't break. But whenever they rolled a single safety, their cornerbacks are triash. So you said it, yeah, yeah, there's quarterbacks are so you can definitely take advantage of their cornerbacks.
Speaker 1: But I think they know that, and I.
Speaker 8: Truly believe that's why this defense has adjusted the way that it has because they don't have the guys to.
Speaker 1: Play the true dan Quinn scheme.
Speaker 8: So these guys are like, hey, let's back you off, Let's give space, keep everything in front of you, and let's give you some help over the top, because we know that you can't cover.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. What do you think, Josh?
Speaker 9: I apropos to what you're saying. I feel like the Dallas Cowboys have a chance to run the ball. I think it's there. Does Shoddy want to run the ball that consecutively over four quarters?
Speaker 1: We're not getting back to the killing more, are we.
Speaker 9: I don't know, man, I'm feeling a little disheartened. We were talking about yesterday how unanimously we said that Brian Schottenheimer. Schottenheimer has not improved as a play caller. It's not evolved as a play caller. And you're seeing that a lot more where he's kind of resting on his laurels and throwing the rock as opposed to running the ball. Despite how good the running game looks this week, I hope it's a lot different. And because of wanting to protect Dak Prescott, because they're not oblivious to it right right, they want to make sure Dak is protected. I don't think you want him sitting back there throwing all game long. Yes, So the counteract to that is run the dang ball, please, do that, and do it often, and do it the entire game.
Speaker 8: That's what Stephen Jones said on our showgame did Yeah, he did a pre game show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he literally said, run the damn ball.
Speaker 1: He does a dang.
Speaker 3: I thought he did say Dan.
Speaker 1: I think he put it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever it was, he did say it.
Speaker 5: I have a follow up on what our conversation was that Josh is alluding to from yesterday. I already know the answer to this, but I'm going to refer to our quarterback here, Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: Just named to his fourth Pro Bowl.
Speaker 5: Of course, one of the guys that in this league has seen nearly every defensive look you could ever imagine and has been very good at deciphering those. Does he have the ability to check out of a run to a pass at the line of scrimmage?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: Okay, I knew that was the case. I just wanted to defer to the.
Speaker 9: Quarterback and vice versa. Can you check out of a run and do a back into.
Speaker 5: A pas So, with all of that to be said, made you brought up Kellen Moore as.
Speaker 3: The offensive coordinator and the play caller.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy was criticized for not establishing the run and throwing the ball around a little bit too much when he was the play caller.
Speaker 3: Now you've got.
Speaker 5: Brian Schottenheimer who's having a similar problem. There's one constant between those three things, and it's a guy that also has the ability to change the play and or call a play. Do you think, just throwing it out there, there's a possibility that Dak is the person that wants to check out of run plays in run scenarios just because of what he sees to throw the ball around a little bit.
Speaker 9: That is a strong argument. Kyle Yeomans, I'm just I didn't you've had your black rifle today, buddy.
Speaker 5: I'm just throwing it out there. Yes, and he's made four Pro Bowls's. He's made for Pro Bowls, so it's not like he's he hasn't earned that right or he hasn't had the case. But I don't want to put all the blame on one person at a time if there's another person that could also have the same ability.
Speaker 9: Spirit of seventy six, he says, not my quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: You're saying no. See your thoughts.
Speaker 10: I think yes, I think there have been times where he's checked out of the run based on the look that he sees, and I don't think there's anything wrong, nothing wrong with it, but I think at this point he's in year ten and he likely did it year nine, year eight. I mean, you get to a certain point as a veteran quarterback where no matter who your offensive coordinator is, they have to trust that you know, you've been in the league long enough, you've seen enough of the defenses and the variations thereof that if you choose to check.
Speaker 1: Out of this gold countrarly as well.
Speaker 10: And as you say, inversely as well, there are times where I'm confident that he checked out of a pass, probably into a run. Now does it always work in his favor? Have there been times where he's checked out of a pass into a run and it's gotten stuffed at the line of scrimmage or it's ended up in a TfL?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 10: Are there time I'm sure he's checked out of a run based on the look that he has into a pass and it didn't work out for whatever reason. Could have been a bad throat, could have been the timing was all. Somebody got jammed at the line, could have been somebody didn't finished running their route.
Speaker 1: Could have been a variety of guys all on your drink coffee and you're on your car.
Speaker 10: But yeah, absolutely, I do feel like there are times where he, as with every other veteran quarterback, they see a look in front of them and they check out of it and it either works or it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: I just I don't want to put all the blame on shotting the callers if there's forty pass attempts in a game, because there's probably not forty.
Speaker 1: Passes called agreed, that's just not right. That's another thing.
Speaker 3: So that's all it is. It's not anything wrong with the offense.
Speaker 5: And like we talked about at Nausea and before, the offense has its own problems, but that's not one of the problems. It's something you want to see grow and evolve, and that's where we maybe have a little bit of a knack against it, but not the case. All right, when we come back, we've got to get our popcorn ready, yes we do.
Speaker 3: Plus we've got our pickam segment.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got a lot to do as well.
Speaker 3: Eight eight, eight eighty five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 5: If you want to be a part of it, get better called now, we're going to be moving quick when we come back with more talking Cowboys at.
Speaker 3: At and T.
Speaker 13: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken.
Speaker 1: Wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback.
Speaker 9: To staying connected matters.
Speaker 13: That's why, in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service for Wile's Downtown lasting sixt minutes and more. Caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to imact tow don't set about it. Restrictions and exclusion apply. Se eet dot com slash Guarantee for full details.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skin care set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 5: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 9: If you shout how about them Cowboys?
Speaker 14: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 9: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: Cowboys fans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven to eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee America's Coffee to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Where your black or your Cowboys gear to a Black Rifle Coffee location. Get ten percent off your entire order on a Cowboys game day. Not sure if they're open tomorrow, go ahead and check the hours and local listings, and then we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 3: Josh, all right, you.
Speaker 9: Know the deal. It's a bowl pretty since I been with the cinemata. Twist beam, hit me topcorn, getch you popcorn ready. I've got three Christmas themed holiday classics for y'all. But because there are too many movies, you've got to chew baby, and you only get one ticket. We got a favorite favorite Christmas movie, a Christmas Story. Well actually it's a Christmas Story and Christmas vacation. Diehard Elf Elf.
Speaker 1: Have their original Home Alone.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 9: I prefer Home Alone. Two Lost in New York.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, no, die hard die Hard is a Christmas.
Speaker 9: Something about New York Christmas.
Speaker 3: I did say that, all right?
Speaker 9: Movie number one, I got Dak the hall Ah in a game where Dak Prescott doesn't need to play. He's making reads and checking him twice in a performance that will look back on five years after he retires to say, do you remember that Christmas game where Dak Prescott threw over four hundred yards and a combined four touchdowns and a game that mattered none. Four hundred yards, four touchdowns for Christmas?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 9: Game number two, Scary Terry's come into town, even though it's a road game and it's too late to change the title. Terry McLaurin almost gave the Dallas cop was a nightmare before Christmas last year with that last minute touchdown. And that was all before the secondary issues we've seen this season. If he gets loose again, this holiday classic turns into a holiday slasher, a law black Christmas beyond black Christmas. Remember we didn't see him first in the Commander's matchup of the season. How about one hundred and twenty plus yards receiving and two touchdowns for Scary Terry McLaurin. Love it now for the final movie. Let's just say it's another tight game. Tensions are high. Dallas does want to come back home with a lump of coal for everybody. There's one player Washington doesn't want to see under the tree. All right, but what if this special player guides us, guides our sled for six, give me her quick as the speed speed stage Christmas for the step is come out. Deterbin scores a fourth quarter touchdowns the boys in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have.
Speaker 3: Spy.
Speaker 1: No matter what you do.
Speaker 9: Football, watch it on Netflix, Coboy's Nation. Get your popcorn ready because it's going to be a show.
Speaker 1: Can't work nice?
Speaker 3: All right? What are you thinking? Patrick? Is it the last one? It's got to be the last one?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I think, wow, Wow, you hate Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 8: Now, Actually I was considering that until you played it. Turby Turvy Speeds be Baby. This is the second one, our best song it is.
Speaker 9: You're going with the set? You're going with Terry McLaurin, Uh, what is it? Scary? Terry's coming to town?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 8: This Cornerbacks group is with and with no pass rush crash and with no pass rush.
Speaker 1: I think Terry it's his So I'm going with the second Future film.
Speaker 3: I think his heart shrink like the Grinch whenever that song.
Speaker 1: It hurts you, I can't.
Speaker 3: Shot.
Speaker 8: How do you listen and h Well, no, I don't know. I'm not going with that. I think Terry gets his Wow, how dare you? I'm going with Turp are you? I mean, Dak would if he's going to play the whole game. But if he is to play, he's not gonna play long.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of feeling the same way. But just because I like the title and I like the movie, Dak the Halls.
Speaker 1: Is going to be my pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going with that.
Speaker 9: It would be I gotta go with Turp Saves Christmas.
Speaker 3: Come on, Tury, baby, let's sorry.
Speaker 9: If he's gonna get it right, he's gonna do it against the commanders.
Speaker 1: Baby. That's true.
Speaker 3: And he likes that field, no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: All.
Speaker 3: Right, time for our pick him segment.
Speaker 5: We get a move pretty quickly. We've got a first time caller in the building, first time Jalen in Shreveport.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: My man?
Speaker 7: How's it going? Guys? Happy Friday?
Speaker 1: Friday?
Speaker 3: How close were you to the independence bull?
Speaker 7: I say, not even fifteen minutes away from the stadium.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: I drive past it way too much on that road all the way through, and I always look at it. They used to have like a softball stadium out there too, tore it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 5: It's an interesting historic stadium out there, all right. Texans at the Chargers, Jalen will start with you.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna have to say, I think the Chargers find a way to get it done. I've been liking their offense, but they've done so far unfortunately what they've done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, So I'm gonna go with Chargers here. They Chargers who Texans?
Speaker 8: Ooh a defense, brother, give me Texans, switch defense, Houston, not Chargers.
Speaker 1: Give me Texans. Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah you and after what to the Chargers just did to your Dallas cowboy Texans?
Speaker 1: Wow, you know I'm taking the Texans. I think the Chargers are damn good.
Speaker 10: I think that the way they did the Cowboys are going to give them like a little bit too much confidence. The Texas going to go in there and punch them right in the face.
Speaker 3: They've won four in a row. Cowboys are not the only lose.
Speaker 5: Maybe Chargers Chargers Giants at the Raiders a stinker game. This is a battle for probably the number one overalls.
Speaker 8: Playing actually relatively good somehow, what in comparison.
Speaker 1: To where they were?
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me the Raiders. I think the Giants are too banged up, Josh, Raiders, Raiders.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's time for the Raiders to win something. They at least put up a fight last week. I'm going with the Raiders.
Speaker 1: I think you say Giants.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take a take a page out from the sound bite first, Oh, brother.
Speaker 1: Guy, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: Both teams have lost nine straight. Both teams have lost nine straight. Somebody's gotta win or maybe they'll tie. I don't know, it'll be probably zero zero.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Jalen? Who wins?
Speaker 7: I guess for the division?
Speaker 5: All right, Ravens at Packers got a hustle here, Guys, what do you think?
Speaker 10: Pat Ravens cooked? And Lamar Jackson is injury prone? I said it since nobody else wants to say it. I'm going Packers on this one, and.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the pack attack.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what's his name? Willis is a better quarterback than Yeah, they're both hurt.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 9: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Lamar Jackson, oh and Jordan Love and then Willis had the shoulders like shoulder injury late in that game too, so that everybody's banged.
Speaker 9: Oh, take the Packers, Give me the Ravens. The Ravens.
Speaker 3: You like the Ravens.
Speaker 9: They're one game under five hundred.
Speaker 1: Lord, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Eagles at the Bills really good football games. I'm taking the Bills, Josh Allen so hot right now, Give me the Bills.
Speaker 1: Give me the cook, the what the cook? Dalvin? Dalvin? Well, if you're going to say that what James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going way back.
Speaker 1: Hold on. If you're going with James and United too, you gotta say the thing. What's the James? You gotta say the thing for the James cook. You gotta say the Dogs.
Speaker 3: You can't say it at the first high, uh, Jaalen.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take the bill here, and I'm not sure if you notice, but I don't think I gave an answer. Well, I'll go and say green Bay taking green Bay.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: We'll let you start on Bears and forty nine ers. This is a good game as well. What do you think, Jalen.
Speaker 7: At chance would be game of the Week.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go with the Bears here, going with I like, I like, I like what they I like what they've been going on the street lately.
Speaker 5: I think if this was in San Francisco, I mean, if this was in Chicago, I'd pick the Bears.
Speaker 3: But it's in San Francisco. Give me the forty nine ers.
Speaker 9: Forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Mm, Bears did me right last week? Bears again, Al Harris.
Speaker 3: That's the Bears, all right.
Speaker 5: Cowboys and Commanders Christmas Day noon kickoff. You can catch Isaiah and myself with a very special Merry Christmas episode of Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Pregame live at eleven. Will let Isaiah start? Who you got in this one?
Speaker 8: Cowboys score twenty seven to.
Speaker 5: Twelve, twenty seven to twelve in a weird game. I'm taking Cowboys thirty to fourteen.
Speaker 9: Cowboys thirty one sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, team is pissing me off to the point I don't even want to then, don't do it.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna'm gonna pull it now. I'm gonna pull in eight. Okay, Cowboys seven.
Speaker 3: Six seven six, that's cross, Jalen. Who you got?
Speaker 7: I've gone with them this long, even when they're out of attention. Let's go boys.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 7: I'll never I'll never go against someone that. But it's going up against the division rival. There you go and a score, let's say.
Speaker 3: Twenty for seventeen, twenty four to seventeen. Appreciate you call and appreciate you listening Jalen all day.
Speaker 1: Every day was that.
Speaker 9: Did we get a Beamer bulletin?
Speaker 3: We did not.
Speaker 5: We had to hustle up, Beamer. Would you like to follow up with a Beamer bulletin current? I will real quick, okay, Josh want to say that because he went undefeated last week. Again he takes the lead. Forty nine and thirty four.
Speaker 3: I think there's collusion. There's not. I think there's something going on.
Speaker 6: Forty nine and thirty four for the people who are dming me asking me for the wreck standings and the records. Fans at forty seven and thirty six, Isaiah, forty six and thirty seven, Hey, you're above five. Thirty forty four is Kyle And the dog in the rear is Patrick. I mean thirty eight and forty five. He needs some help.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I'm good. I'm just having fun at this point. No hanging, it's twenty twenty six for me, No dogs.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Merry Christmas everybody. Thank you the hope you stay safe for this holiday season. Once again, you can catch all of our content we're gonna be working on Christmas. We will be back on Monday to break it down for you. Patrick will be out in Washington, Josh will be on his laptop hanging out, getting everything posted and ready to go. We'll have Isaiah and myself in studio eleven am Central time for Cowboys pregame live. Get ready for that one Cowboys and Commanders coming up at noon on Thursday.
Speaker 9: Was that you can be here at eleven Yeah, oh really yeah.
Speaker 3: Eleven am Central time when we're streaming nothing.
Speaker 5: When we come back on Monday, we will break it down for you, win or lose for Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beamer in the back of Kyle Yoma saying, so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We will see you on Monday. Merry Christmas, everybody.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.