Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course.
Speaker 4: At the Star in Frisco, Straight.
Speaker 5: Tidown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: It's an off season edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 4: In the s WBC studios.
Speaker 6: Isaiah Stanback, John Matchoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeomans, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 4: He's still you're still beating up about this.
Speaker 7: I wanted to beat my chest, but I realized that we have to say that until September.
Speaker 4: We can still say it with our chest on the show.
Speaker 3: Maybe August we'll get some in training camp.
Speaker 6: Maybe Okay, Yeah, you're still a little down from everything.
Speaker 8: There's a lot going on in this building right now. Yeah, so I'm sure we'll get to that. A lot of things to talk about. I'm not sure if we're gonna touch on them or not, but uh yeah, I'm down, still disappointed, Still disappointed.
Speaker 7: Hasn't necessarily blown over.
Speaker 8: Yet the rain doesn't help, you know, in forty five degree weather, pouring down raining feels like I'm back home and saddles and Seattle weather.
Speaker 7: Very much so.
Speaker 8: But you know, like the rain doesn't bother you as much unless you you've lost or are losing.
Speaker 7: So in this case, lost past tense and now you gotta wait. The waiting game begins.
Speaker 8: You know, you guys can do your thing with the draft show and all that jazz and let everybody know who's coming down the pipeline. And then you finally get the guys in the pipeline, and then you go to spring ball and you talk about OTA's and then what is the team going to look like? And then you get the team together in camp. We kick this thing back off. But between now and then, that's a very long time, Like six months feels like that's a long time.
Speaker 9: It feels like it's rained every day since since the loss. It has it's been cold. But yeah, it's gonna be an interesting offseason. I feel like probably the first most interesting points we've already kind of gone through last week, as far as Mike McCarthy being retained going into the final year of his contract and the expectation is there and what's going to happen. And now we kind of turned towards Dan Quinn. What's gonna happen with him? Does he get a head coaching job elsewhere? He's going through multiple second interviews this week with the Commanders and Seahawks, so we'll kind of see what happens there. And if he departs, you have to bring in a new defensive coordinator with the head coach that's going into the final year of his contract. So that's going to be an extremely difficult process and we'll kind of see when that bridge comes. But I feel like it would.
Speaker 10: So for me before I comment on any of that, I still am kind of into sports cards. I think I might have told you guys that before. And they had like a big show like every few months out in Allen and uh, I went, it's not by there over the weekend.
Speaker 9: If this is a standback card, Oh my gosh, let's go.
Speaker 7: Were they giving it out for free? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Here you go. You remember signing this.
Speaker 8: I remember sitting down and having extensive signing sessions.
Speaker 7: Yes, it was a dollar, Yeah I believe it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's more than I thought you better get your royalty, bro, just saying.
Speaker 4: I saw can I see that?
Speaker 7: I saw that.
Speaker 1: I saw that, and I was like, I have to bring that up on the show.
Speaker 7: Dude, that is awesome. That's the best dollar you've ever spent.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Let's let's read the back of the card. Let's read this, Okay, just appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So that is incredible.
Speaker 6: It doesn't say who it was written by, but it says it's one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the nation and skilled enough to get drafted at another position wide receiver or defensive back.
Speaker 4: He has a very strong arm, makes all the.
Speaker 8: Throws, shows great mobility, changes direction quickly, is a team leader and has good ball skills and sells the play action. Compares to you remember what they compared you to. The only person they compared me to is Vig.
Speaker 7: It was Michael Vick.
Speaker 4: Okay, good memory.
Speaker 8: There's only one guy that Yeah, at that time, six foot three, two hundred and fifteen pounds.
Speaker 3: Team leader, forty yard dash.
Speaker 7: Four point five eight, that's forty. Definitely a lot roa.
Speaker 8: As soon as they said defensive back on there, I knew that was falsified.
Speaker 7: Road.
Speaker 3: I have no idea you don't have good hits or something.
Speaker 1: Bro, No, it looks like you signed it though.
Speaker 7: Sign So those signing sessions they literally a graph. They literally they'll come to you.
Speaker 8: I'm still really good friends with the with the gentleman who was doing the signings for me at that time.
Speaker 7: What they do is they bring this biner.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry if I'm ruining this free new fans out there, but they bring a giant biner, right, and this binder has nothing but stickers. Yeah, yeah right, it has like like like one hundred stickers per sheet. Yeah, and you sit up there for hours, right, and you just sign them and you just literally watch a movie and sign these things. So you was signed, you know, depending on what the agreement was, you know, anywhere fifteen hundred three thousand, five thousand, if it was a good, good deal, and you would just sit up there and watch TV with this random guy you know, in your spot and you just signing away after college, right after college, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to that draft in Chicago in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 10: Cowboys had a top five pick, and right after, like guys are getting drafted, they would take them to a room where they would do some interviews and stuff. And then they would take another room that was through Panini, which is a car company, and they would just be.
Speaker 1: Signing those things one after another.
Speaker 8: So yeah, there was some good checks, bro, But I found out the hard way obviously, coming out of college, at least in my background, I didn't know about taxes and all this stuff.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 7: What Bro, I had a CPA.
Speaker 8: I just knew that you're supposed to get a cepia at that time, right if I had the wisdom that I have today back then.
Speaker 7: But I didn't know anything about taxes, right, So my CPA called me.
Speaker 8: The only thing I knew about taxes is that you get money back, right, right as a twenty year old. As a twenty one year old, that's all I knew was that you get money back, right. That was taxes.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 7: They called me and she was like, yeah, so you're gonna have to pay taxes this year.
Speaker 4: I was like, pay, we don't.
Speaker 7: Receive, bro. She told me how much it was.
Speaker 8: I was sick to my stomach, sick writing that check. There's no getting around that one.
Speaker 3: Oh sir, we bob Panini.
Speaker 7: It was good checks though. Yeah, that was funa When people wanted my autograph, that's good.
Speaker 10: The one The one thing I was going to say about this past weekend was I did feel a little bit different about the Packers because I did think they'd get blown off the map by the Niners. So for them hanging in there, it makes it look a little bit more formidable. I STI don't think the Cowboys should have got blown out the way they did. But I'm not speaking for the team right else.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking for myself.
Speaker 10: I thought the Packers weren't even I thought they were the worst team in the playoffs, and so for them to hang in there with the Niners, I was kind of surprised by that. But still that doesn't it's not an excuse for the Cowboys, you know, for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think from the last time we were on this program, specifically because we were on the Joint podcast and we were on the Draft Show podcast talking about the retainment of Mike McCarthy, I don't think we've talked about really the impact that has here on really what that does moving forward, because it's the first domino that needs to fall, but it's also not necessarily a domino falling at all.
Speaker 8: Right, But so most people I would assume, Okay, I don't want to, you know what I'm saying, push this on everybody, right, I don't want to put everybody in a box. But the reality is people think about switching defensive coordinators. I think you started to go down that path. It's not as simplistic as just changing the guy. It's not as simplicitic as just changing the scheme. When you change the scheme, you change the personnel. And when you change the personnel, you have to change how you approach the offseason. Now you have to go out there and get some guys that fit those molds that you need to feel. And you also have to go out there and whether it's in the draft or whether it's in free agency, the guys that are currently on this roster might not fit the mold of the incoming, potential incoming defensive coordinator.
Speaker 7: So that is change enough.
Speaker 8: And I was trying to get this point across when everybody was talking about trying to get rid of McCarthy, and I was like, no, no, no, Like, McCarthy's done a heck of a job.
Speaker 4: Let him.
Speaker 7: Let him stay.
Speaker 8: But also, you're gonna have enough change just by changing one coach on this team.
Speaker 7: You know, it's not just you know it.
Speaker 8: Potentially dan Quinn leaves and somebody else comes in that has a domino effect to you, guys's point through the whole front office. Now, okay, whoever's coming in, do you run a four to three? Do you run a three four?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Dan Quinn runs pretty much dime all you know all day. Now we don't need as many defensive backs. Maybe we need to bring in more linebackers. Now we need five or six linebackers on the roster that are ready to go. Maybe we need bigger three techniques instead of having speed guys up front. So it changes absolutely everything, even just on one side of the ball.
Speaker 1: One decision coach doesn't change.
Speaker 10: But if that coach is back, because that coach doesn't get it, those head coaching.
Speaker 8: No, no, for sure, for sure. No, that's that's awesome, right, that's best case scenario. But I'm saying, like a lot of people don't think that way. People don't think that way. People are like, okay, yeah, okay, whatever, dan Quinn leaves, Okay, bring somebody else in.
Speaker 7: It's like it's not that simple. It's really not that simple. Like there is literally a.
Speaker 8: Domino effect that goes from if dan Quinn leaves, now your next guy, you're gonna try to get somebody that is as close to dan Quinn because now you don't have to make as many personnel changes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would also say with whoever that new if there, if there is a new DC, that's what they get for playing like that. So if you have to adjust as defensive players to a different scheme or a different style, well, I don't understand why you just run it back and you're just building, like why you're sitting there feeling like, well, now I'm a little uncomfortable in this. I think everybody's uncomfortable watching that game. So there should be some changes made. And even if it is the same DC, there has to be they have to get bigger.
Speaker 1: There has to be.
Speaker 10: It can't just be no, no, no, this is good. That was just an outlier. Let's just run every single thing about this back. I think some change would be good.
Speaker 3: They have to get bigger.
Speaker 9: I think that's priority number one, before scheme, before anything, before experience, well, free agents, whatever.
Speaker 3: They got to get bigger. Yeah, you saw that on all three levels. IM pat them.
Speaker 9: The Packers game, the Bills game, the Niners game. Every game that they lost drastically, it was because they were just over physical.
Speaker 6: Completely agree well, and I think that's part of the disappointment from Cowboys fans. If they're looking at this coaching staff and they're seeing Mike McCarthy back so check that box.
Speaker 4: Dan Quinn backward. That's yet to be seen. He's still in the middle of interviewing on multiple process.
Speaker 7: But I mean, is that taken longer than you expect it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, it is for me.
Speaker 9: But I think it's just because of the big names that are involved around the coaching search.
Speaker 8: That's why initially I thought it would take a little bit longer, because teams will mull over their options.
Speaker 4: But also I think there's a legitimate worry about what happened the last spring back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's a legitimate worry excuse me about teams running the ball effectively against dan Quinn and having that extra element and that extra.
Speaker 6: I guess feather In his captain in a way, because if he could stop the run and you have all these other numbers, then it's not even a question go hire him. He's the best defensive coordinator in football.
Speaker 1: What if you got factor in what else?
Speaker 10: Happens in the playoffs, because what if you sit there and yeah, you might be set on a guy, but then all of a sudden, I don't expect this to happen. But if the Lions won the Super Bowl, I think Ben Johnson's worth more than Washington. I think he's I think deserves a better job than that to be the offensive coordinator of a Detroit lionstein that won the Super Bowl. I don't know if I'm settling for Commanders. Yeah, I would want something, I mean, because that's been the job that he's been linked to ever since. You know, he interviewed with Carolina last year, then he's interviewed with them again, and then Washington.
Speaker 1: But I'm just kind of like.
Speaker 10: If you were one of those, just like you know, the Eagles coordinators, you know, you get to Super Bowl, you know there might be even a better job out there, a team that might not have been as interesting as like, well, hold on, let's make sure we get the best possible person. Because I don't know, maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but if if you offer me Seattle or you offer me Washington, it's not really that glob at all.
Speaker 4: Going to Seattle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think there's ways that this has taken longer than it needs to for or that was anticipated for dan Quinn. But for the most part, this is this is right around the timing that you would anticipate too. Plus I think dan Quinn probably anticipated playing at least in the divisional round, maybe.
Speaker 7: A little bit further too.
Speaker 8: I'm honestly very surprised that it's taking this long, and I truly believe that that last game had a negative impact on his ability to sign quickly if you were going to Yeah, I mean, I don't want to say that he's definitely leaving. I think there's a high probability that he leaves, but I don't know sure. Obviously none of us sitting here, no, but I believe that had that game gone a little differently, that I expected him to sign with a team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a day or two later.
Speaker 8: That was my expectation, like I thought, as soon as that was over all, right, yeah he's gone.
Speaker 7: But it hasn't been that. And yes, I think in part because of the.
Speaker 8: Viable options that are out there, But I also think that that Green Bay game, to your point, left a huge stain on what dan Quinn has done all.
Speaker 7: The good that he's done.
Speaker 8: People are like, oh, yeah, okay, yeah, we know you've been good, but but yeah, that Super Bowl and that last game that you have the Cowboys, those two games, oh my gosh, forget everything else good that you've done with those two games are glaring.
Speaker 4: Well, look at the way that Cowboys nation has reacted, and it's a deservingly so.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was a bad out and you gave up forty one points to Green Bay.
Speaker 4: But the impact that he's had on this.
Speaker 7: Defense, ye on this team is insane. It's insane.
Speaker 6: I mean think that's to play to your point initially in this segment whenever you were talking about you can't just go grab another guy and just expect it to be the same and expect to have that same sort of mentality and that same sort of effort, that same sort of structure. Mike Nolan, That's the only thing I have to say is, Mike Nolan, if you were around in twenty twenty, which I hope you were if you're Cowboys fan, yeah, Mike Nolan was not very good for you.
Speaker 4: And you brought in Dan Quinn and he flipped.
Speaker 6: That thing on its head and made them one of the most effective defenses in football.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a good job to follow.
Speaker 10: That was what you want to be the DC following that. Sure, you don't want to be the head coach, fellow, Nick Saban, you want to be the DC that's following man, what you just talked about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's elements to it, but I think if you bring back Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn nick Is, I mean, it's got to go. You got to go straight into building this roster and going all in pushing your chips in somehow some way, because to John's point earlier, you can't just run it back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you look at the free agents that are on the defensive side of the ball and the guys that are most likely going to have to replace, and you look at what they can do as far as extensions with DAK and CD and making some room. I think they would have to get aggressive and free agency, they would have to and being able to stack up that defensive side of the ball, add some size. Again, there's gonna have to be something different. And then once you have the guys in place, once you go into OTA's that's we start talking about schematic changes and what you can do there.
Speaker 3: Because that's also necessary. But I feel like you got to get there first. I think there's a couple of steps before you get there.
Speaker 1: That would be fascinating.
Speaker 10: If they went in big and free agency or more, even if they did more trades like they did last year for Cooks and Gilmore. I don't know how they can do that with giving up. They're already kind of limited in draft capital. But to make those aggressive moves, that's something we haven't seen since in over a decad Do.
Speaker 8: You think that you see or of that, or you think they go they revert back to the old ways.
Speaker 9: I think they try, I really do. I mean, you look at everything that's on the table right now. Jerry Jones is in his early eighties, Mike McCarthy's going into his final season of his contract. I mean, there's gonna be who at the table says nah, let's let's not.
Speaker 8: You think it's desperation at this point? Honestly, would you attach that word to it?
Speaker 9: I don't know if i'd attached desperation, but I would definitely attach urgency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would definitely.
Speaker 10: There was a lot of There was a lot of the same at the end of Jason Garrett's tenure, and I don't remember them being very aggressive in that free agency or trade market before his final season, So I believe it when I see it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, that's that's a real point, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: You also look at what Brandon Cooks and Stefan Gilmore gave to your team this past season, and now you want on both of those you were you got what you traded for in both of.
Speaker 3: Those instances, and and Hankins, I mean.
Speaker 9: I'd be I'd be surprised if anybody at that table is like, nah, let's let's hold off on signing this big free agent on a one or two year deal, you know, six seventh round pick for this guy.
Speaker 8: And Evans is the only one I feel like they they swung and missed on in terms of.
Speaker 7: Value on the field.
Speaker 3: Evans Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean was a sign.
Speaker 7: It was a sign. I'm just talking about as far as like acquisitions, Like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, when you you say that, and I really want to believe in everything you just said, but I've sat on that bus too many times in Indianapolis and heard things like obviously I didn't hear these because these are passed.
Speaker 1: So we'll make I'll use present names.
Speaker 10: Sure, hear things like let's say this this February when we're out there.
Speaker 1: No, we really think we can.
Speaker 10: Get more out of MASI uh no, I think another year with these like smaller linebackers, we can build with this. This will be their second year in the system. I've heard a lot of that. So yeah again, I mean, I hope you're right. I would love that. That would be fascinating.
Speaker 6: Second year of Mithy's play calling.
Speaker 7: There's gonna be th there's going to be some spin.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 7: We could put twenty pounds on you.
Speaker 4: After it, John, we make it work.
Speaker 3: Marksill needs to be a safety next year.
Speaker 9: For talking linebackers, love Markey spilt did a fantastic job.
Speaker 7: He's got to be How many linebackers do you have to acquire this off season? Seven A lot.
Speaker 10: I would say at least two, at least at least at the very least.
Speaker 9: I mean you get over shown back, so you're already getting one back, so adding three to the room if you add.
Speaker 8: To let's just most likely Okay, vannersh is probably shutting it down. If I had to assume, yeah, I don't know if I want to assume anything with it.
Speaker 7: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I'm not in the medical team.
Speaker 7: I'm not in a medical room. All right, let's put let's just speak.
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 7: If I'm Vanderish, I'm shutting it down. Okay.
Speaker 8: So I'm speaking from my personal outlook. I would shut it down because it's just not worth it from my perspective.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: So if we were taking my perspective, if you have.
Speaker 7: Two linebackers over shown and demon, what.
Speaker 10: If you were sitting at home after you made that decision and they win the Super Bowl the next year.
Speaker 8: Then you you should have been a scout or somebody helping on the on the front office coaching staff.
Speaker 10: So I love hypothetical. So I just like throwing it, especially when I don't have the answer.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: I've had teammates that have had some serious neck injuries and they shut it down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, it's serious. I've had, especially for that position.
Speaker 8: I've had my boy, my boy Lockett in Seattle, Big Cam in Seattle. Those guys had neck injuries and they shut it down. They wanted to play more, right, they wanted to play more. They could have came back, it wouldn't work.
Speaker 7: The risk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's certainly an aspect to it, and the linebackers is a circled position. But when we come back here on Talking Cowboys, we're going to open up the phone lines. I want to talk to Cowboys Nation, call them our first off season episode. We haven't gotten to hear from them yet. Eight eight, eight, eight five five two two nine seven. You can also shoot us a text at eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. My question for you Cowboys Nation today, what is your plan moving forward? This could get dangerous, but what is your plan moving forward for the Cowboys. We're going to see if it would work, if it's possible, what we think about it here on the show when we come back more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatable planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash by g for you for details.
Speaker 14: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 15: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile banking app.
Speaker 2: Staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 15: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't Stop Banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't Stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the English language. You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on Selec mobile devices. Message dat Raisy apply number FBIC.
Speaker 16: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 1: Would you, Dear Doctor? My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 17: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier.
Speaker 11: To cry out?
Speaker 16: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 16: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the Talking Cowboys is brought to you by a Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food Quaker Oasi official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Isaia Yeah, Hello, I did not.
Speaker 8: My guy Beemer was looking out for me because I was asking what time breakfast ended, and I wasn't gonna make it any time because of you know, these Texas drivers in the rain.
Speaker 7: He actually asked, he said, you want me to set aside some oats for you? But I was like, I like my oats fresh. I like them fresh. I didn't want no old cold oats.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want to reheat them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I appreciate the offer. My guy, My guy Beemer was looking out for you boys. Try to make sure I got my oats, and thank you, sir, well done.
Speaker 4: I got a theory.
Speaker 9: You know, every time it does rain, Isaiah's a little bit late getting in. He's always playing it on the Texas.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no. Today was today was today, was keep going?
Speaker 4: Today was going bring it.
Speaker 3: But he's the one that's always I was drifting.
Speaker 7: I was drifting on the exit ramp. Okay, that's what I do. I need for speaking well.
Speaker 10: Like I said, this is always the part of the movie where it's like he's saying this, but then the split screen is like all the accidents he caused behind its tooling A long and no big deal.
Speaker 1: Meanwhiles, they're just carnage and fire.
Speaker 7: If I had an e break, I was definitely pulling that joint up the rep. So your your.
Speaker 4: Cyber truck doesn't turn into a boat, bros, Like a jet ski electricity doesn't really do.
Speaker 7: Well in one now, but a Ford want a gift for your boy on lightning? I would make absolutely.
Speaker 4: I need a minivan first, So yes, you do?
Speaker 7: You need six seats?
Speaker 3: You need a sprinter d.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 6: We've got some phone calls to get to here in a couple of moments. It's eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Chris Beam, the mastermind is answering the phones in the back. Between now and then, I'm going to answer some of these text messages. This one's from Tolly in Colleen says, do you believe that we need to take a step back making a scheme change and personnel change to be more successful moving into this off sne so offseason?
Speaker 4: So scheme change, personnel changes? Which one do you feel like would be more successful? Oh?
Speaker 10: For me, personnel and when I mean changes, I mean just add to that offensive line.
Speaker 1: There's just too much of When.
Speaker 10: I watched this Lions team, and I just I feel like if you put a better offensive line in front of deck, how many other things can fall into place. Your running game can get better, the rest of the offense can get more improved. You take a little bit more pressure off him. He doesn't have to feel as much of that as everything's on his shoulders. I think that would be a huge advancement for the offense. Is if you could improve the offensive line this offseason.
Speaker 7: Do you feel that it's more personnel oriented or do you feel like.
Speaker 8: It's more in a like a mentality slash identity.
Speaker 9: Let's go hand in hand though, Like yeah, sure, I mean that is I'm just a part of it, part of it.
Speaker 8: Sometimes there's a physical inability to execute your assignment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think health is a lot of times for me.
Speaker 10: And there's just so too many times there's the last few years where it's just always a revolving door with something on the offensive line. I'm talking about if you can get a at least four out of the five starting every single week together, I mean, you'd like it to be all five. I just think good things will eventually happen. It just hit rarely has happened here.
Speaker 8: And you're moving on from Tyrone Smith this offseason as a free agent because he's kind of been a part of that revolving door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's certainly possible.
Speaker 10: But yeah, as I'm sitting here today, I my focus is getting an offensive lineman early in this draft, and so I figure that will figure some of this out, you know.
Speaker 4: So, Jordan More, what do you think?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think I think it's kind of different on both sides of the wall. We talked about the defensive side in the previous segment. I think there's changes you have to make with both sche man personal on defensive.
Speaker 3: Side offensive side.
Speaker 9: I really don't feel like there's a schematic change you really need to make that major, major schematic change you need to make. I do you look at what Mike McCarthy did in his first year as a play caller. He set up Dak to be able to succeed in the way he did. Was he able to perform against bad teams? Absolutely, it was phenomenal. Was he able to perform against good teams?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 9: But I think when you look at the product and you take away the star on the helmet, you take away the characters involved, you look at everything that happened on the field, and you look at the production, you look at where Dak's gonna finish in the MVP race, and so on and so forth. In a first year is an offense you run that back and obviously, I mean you throw some different things in. I'm not saying like, don't change anything. Yeah, Like we were just talking about how they probably have changed cadence next year. You know, it is what it is. But I don't think there's as much of a schematic change needed offensively as you on the defensive side.
Speaker 7: I totally agree with you in that regard.
Speaker 8: I think offensively, if you are unable to address your personnel on the front offensive line, then you have to change some things schematically for you to have a more effective running game. If you're able to change out some of your personnel and improve in that regard, then I think you can keep your same scheme because you'll be able to execute better. That's my that's my outlook on the offense passing game. I'm good with it. Just need to continue to mix up right who's running what you know, your alignment, your personnel groupings. There's a whole lot of things that you could do to screw with the defense there. So I'm okay with that because those are changes that he will make for sure. But in terms of having an effective, dominant running game, like being able to win when it's nut cutting time and you need to turn around to hand the ball off, like you should have a full bow of confidence that you can do that and get two yards, like at any point in time, like I'm fully confident you weren't able to do that at all.
Speaker 4: No, and there is always just a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of a just a pause going into those moments this.
Speaker 8: Year, and that never was really and the teams that are in the champ in hip games right now all feel as if they could turn around and hand the ball off the checko closing out.
Speaker 9: I was just about to say that, I had someone text me, you're in the Chiefs games like man Pacheco, seventh round pick.
Speaker 3: How does this happen?
Speaker 4: You know why?
Speaker 3: You need him to get ten yards? He gets eight? Three bang game over.
Speaker 7: So he's a beast, right. But what did they do with their office line two years ago?
Speaker 4: Beefed it up?
Speaker 8: Yeah, big time, invested the crap out of me, and they got their butts kicked the whole first half of the season while they were trying to figure out how to play together.
Speaker 7: You guys remember that.
Speaker 3: City perfect They're still remember that Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Absolutely, But I'm saying, but.
Speaker 10: Like the round pick thing, Okay, so you're just gonna forget about Clyde Edwards Hilaire. You spend a premium pick on us. Yeah, I mean, let's talk about Calvin Joseph when you also got Duryn Bland.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's a good point. But to that point, I like Pacheco. He's a beast, he runs hard, he's shifting and all that stuff. But like they invested in that old line. Yeah, they took a step backwards to take three steps forward.
Speaker 7: And it hurt them for a little bit. They're, oh, Kannas City's not Kansas City no more.
Speaker 8: And I remember we had these convers I was like, hey, just wait, because soon some boys learn how to play together.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 10: From your quarterbacking days, though, would you rather have that offensive line or better weapons on the perimeter.
Speaker 3: It seems like you got to.
Speaker 8: Have it on line because scheme with the talent. If you're in the NFL, you have enough talent to be successful and all you need is a solid scheme, and I think McVeigh is a perfect example of that. He's never had I mean, i'd say never, he's there's you know, out of his entire career down there in LA he has never he hasn't had just amazing receivers across the board every year, right, And this year it was kind of the same, like, oh he only has Cooper Cup coming into this season, all of a sudden, who's this pooking the Kua cat. Yeah he's talented, But we talk about confidence all the time in this league and how if you instill confidence in a player, they will go. They will go leaps in the bounds above what you believe that they can do. And he's just a schematic genius. So you can scheme up guys to get open. And everybody's capable of making plays. Now can you catch it, get yack yardage? You know, make guys miss Now, that's all extras, but I could scheme you to get open. And I think that's why coaches are starting to be so much more value than the players nowadays.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just don't when I think of that, when I ask you that it's the whole like you know, the Bengals could have went Penn Sewel or Jamar Chase, you know, and I think that there's arguments for both sides, but I think I would agree with you. If I'm playing quarterback, I think your best chance to survive is with a big, solid offensive line and then you can get the playmakers.
Speaker 8: Later.
Speaker 4: We'll think about the Lions specifically. You mentioned Pinne Soul there.
Speaker 6: I mean, they've beefed up their offensive line over the last two three seasons as well, and they're.
Speaker 8: One of the better run blocking teams in football. They've got a two headed monster in the backfield that they've added later, Montgomery Gibbs.
Speaker 7: Those are two young running backs.
Speaker 4: You've got the guide.
Speaker 3: They had both of those guys in one offseason.
Speaker 4: Continue, Yes, then you've got you have, But then you go to the outside.
Speaker 8: You've got young receivers on the outside that are weapons as well that Jared Goff can sit back behind and throw.
Speaker 4: The football too.
Speaker 6: So you can build in different ways, but it always seems to start.
Speaker 8: In one area up front because there's less capable guys up front. That's what the NFL is now. There's a lot of skilled guys. I mean, no disrespect to the guys that are on rosters right now. There's a lot of skilled guys that you can again scheme into position, build their confidence, and put them in a position to do well office a lineman. There's just not as many guys available that are capable of doing your job to the level of excellence. And that's why I feel like when you have an opportunity to go get those guys, you go freaking get them, and you give those guys a bag, and you hope that you can retain your your your personnel at the at these more athletic positions, right and you know talking about the skill positions. If you can retain those guys and awesome. But if you lose some of those guys, ah, man, we might not be able to retain this high dollar guy. But guess what, there's this young cat over here that if we put them in position, he could do some things right. If we give our quarterback time to get him the ball, right, all receivers all eventually get open, right, But like to your point, everything starts, it's up front time. Gotta have time. I can give my quarterback time and I can open up holes. If I could do both of those things regardless of my personnel.
Speaker 7: I'm in good position.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're drafting offensive line in the first round.
Speaker 8: Sounds good, guys, Well done everybody you talking to Let's go to Alan in clear Water, Florida. Allen, you're on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Question today is how are you fixing on the Cowboys this offseason?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 18: Not by drafting an offensive lineman. Oh no, no, no, okay. How did we do last year? We had three Pro bowlers on that offensive line? How many sacks did Martin give up? Smith give up? Smith give up? I understand beattish is a little undersize. Not the problem. We still we still threw the ball, we could still running the ball. Was more I think the running back than the other line, because I think Pollard just couldn't come back from that injury. So okay, here's what I think fixes it. When the offense failed when Dak gets pressure, the problem was if you compare him to the other quarterbacks when they're getting pressure, he still held the ball too long. He made bad decisions when he was running out of the pocket in that playoff game, and he took that sack. That is a mental thing for Dak. He does not do well under pressure, and that to me is a coaching thing. He needs to still be coached up as good as he can be. And if at the beginning of that playoff game, Mike McCarthy sat him down after the first series and said, hey, get out of your head and throw some easy the running back passes and screens, something real easy. Shuttle him down. The offensive line, we need it for the future. But if you guys are talking about this is an urgency, the first pick of the draft needs to come back to defense. It is the linebackers. It is the defensive line. And if we look at the last six games of the season, we got one sack game, we got no sacks. The pressures were all off. I don't know if that's just talent. I think it's also scheme, because clearly the scheme in that playoff game was horrendous, huge failure. But I'm putting it on the coaches defensively for steam offensively. I think Dak still needs a coach in his ear to make better decisions. And I would fix this by getting an O lineman either next year or later on in the draft, and I would focus that draft on linebacker and defensive line.
Speaker 8: What do you think.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the call, Alan, just real quick before we let you go.
Speaker 8: Whenever you're talking about Dak not being good versus pressure, are you talking about physical pressure or are you talking about the pressure of like being in the postseason.
Speaker 18: I'm talking about the pressure in the postseason. He could be great against the Blitz. Talent wise, we've seen him make some awesome plays, but on certain plays when he sees that pressure, he doesn't. It seems to me he doesn't react mentally in those moments the way that I think he's capable of. And to me, that's still coaching him.
Speaker 8: So a little bit of both here is kind of what you're talking about, physical pressure and pressure of playing in those big games.
Speaker 18: I guess so, I guess so awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you Allan appreciate the call. Great insight.
Speaker 10: All right, I've just watched too much of Jared Goff that this year that Dak would be doing the exact same thing in Detroit. And I mean there's plays that have happened in these two playoff wins for the Lions where GoF does some stuff or you're just like, whoa dude, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: But he has a great offensive line.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so those the number of times where he's put in those positions is way low. You know, that's the biggest read. That's why you trade a first round pick along with him to take him off your hands. There's nothing Jared Goff is doing that Dak Prescott wouldn't. And now he's getting all of his flowers now and everything's great. But he has a great offensive line in front of him that's allowing him to do a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 6: So I just want to pull this up or Jared Goff this year, just since he's the one going to compare it to. He threw one hundred and ninety nine attempts against pressure, right, so he was one oh seven for one ninety nine. That's fifty three percent completion, thirteen hundred yards. He had three touchdowns and eight interceptions.
Speaker 4: Three touchdowns and eight interceptions.
Speaker 6: Dak Prescott versus pressure this season threw one hundred and thirty nine passes. His completion percentage was seventy or it was sixty two percent, but he had eleven hundred yards, nine touchdowns in one interception. He was actually more prone to throwing an interception without pressure than he would have under pressure. He had twenty seven touchdowns without pressure.
Speaker 4: Eight of his.
Speaker 6: Nine interceptions came when there was no pressure in the pocket.
Speaker 10: I think the best thing that would help m like I said, the offensive line improving, because I also think it's just not about the passing game. I think what that could do for your running game, because I'm also I'm of the belief that you're going to take running back somewhere within the first few rounds unless unless you're bringing back Tony Poller, Like, I don't see them just sitting there and not bringing a young back in. It's not saying Jami or Gibbs first round type thing, but I think you got to bring in a young back that is going to be your horse going forward.
Speaker 1: It's a young man's game back there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've got a second and third round pick. You don't have a fourth round pick.
Speaker 8: You might get a fifth back in the comp situation, So you're talking third, fifth, and then possibly sixth as when you would probably want to draft a running back.
Speaker 4: You don't want that to happen.
Speaker 8: Isaac No, just a couple of things with the caller. I agree and disagree with some of the things that you said. I've been beating the table for some years now. I think ever since I got in here to bring John Kitting back to coach up Dak Prescott. I don't know if that's something that's feasible, but I think that's when Dak made his most greatest jumps in terms of I know, I.
Speaker 9: Just like PTSD from never from him as a high school coach.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he was great with Dak, right, I don't know what he's doing there, but he was great.
Speaker 1: You think Dak was better than than he is now.
Speaker 7: I think that he was held more accountable, and.
Speaker 1: The season's ended the same way, So I don't think he.
Speaker 8: Was held more accountable, just just from stuff that I know. Yeah, so I'm in favor of that. I do think he needs more coaching in that regard, in those situations more so pros versus cons He does very well against the against pressure, physical pressure, so I knew my mind went there immediately. We be around each other too much, But he does very well against pressure. It's it's the risk versus reward decisions that he has to get better at, right, And that's all situational. That's watching film, that's watching other quarterback situations. What happens down you know, three drives from now, what happens two quarters from now? If you make this decision versus this right, like thinking ahead of the ahead of where you're currently at in terms of you not want to get office lineman, it just everything gets better. Everything is better. Everything that you want to do offensively gets better if you have a dominant offensive line. And again point to those teams that are in a player right now and in those divisional championship games, right those conference championship games, they all have solid old lines, every single one of them.
Speaker 10: Random thought off of that too, though i'ther one that always stands out. And this isn't just this year, but this year for sure, Like most of these teams have pretty good tight ends too. Yeah, yeah, like it is.
Speaker 8: It is a that is an and Baltimore just got stronger because they got Andrews back.
Speaker 10: And a little bit to the offensive line point, I don't think it's as easy as people think to just like, oh yeah, just go find the next however, you know, like it's it's it's kind of because the offensive line thing too, where it's hard to find a college tight end that also blocks on the likes well enough to make that transition. Whereas I think that that's what Mike McCarthy saw in Jake Ferguson. It's like, yeah, he's you know, a lot of blocking, same thing when they drafted Dalton Schultz, a lot of blocking who saw at Stanford, and then they the passing game kind of came with that. But it's like it had to start with we got to get someone that can block and be able to do that as not just be another wide receiver. But that position is valuable too, and obviously it's always look like you got to.
Speaker 7: Go they're an extension of the offensive line.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, your tight end is an tension of the old line A lot of time, especially when you're running two tight end sets, your main tight end who has his hand in the ground has to be able to move defensive ends off the ball or at least be able to have combo blocks and have good techniques. So that's important. So offensively, yes, O line I believe needs to be addressed immediately.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: And then defensively, I think I don't think that you have to draft a defensive lineman, but I think you need to.
Speaker 7: Be aggressive in a in free agency. You have to draft a linebacker.
Speaker 10: But I think, I think, I think you draft a linebacker. Now, you do that in the first round. Was that a linebacker in the first round?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Second? No, no, No, I'd be happy taking a linebacker in the second round. There's a good crop of linebacker.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be I wouldn't be angry.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't be angry, but I but I need o line in the first said the same thing last year. This time around, Yeah, need an old lineman in the first. I wouldn't be angry as long. I wouldn't be angry with a linebacker in the second. As long as you get your d lineman in free agency.
Speaker 1: Fred Warner was drafted in the third. Just find the next Fred Warner third. So problem solved.
Speaker 8: I'm not you know when it comes to all the second round, third round, like, just get the positions that you need to get right and make sure that they fit.
Speaker 4: Forget all the I mean except value.
Speaker 8: Let's just get I mean a lot of times right, it holds true, but sometimes it doesn't right. Sometimes you find some guys if you do your research and they work in your system. There's things that will work for you that wouldn't work for other guys. So they're not valued as much as others in terms.
Speaker 4: Of the land.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a big one.
Speaker 4: All right. We got to take our second break.
Speaker 8: When we come back, We're going to answer another phone call, maybe some text messages.
Speaker 4: Talking Cowboys returns in a moment.
Speaker 17: They say, champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Aggonturf dot to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list?
Speaker 7: Forever?
Speaker 14: Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 17: Batter to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: This segment is brought to you by in visil Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, off season edition. Isaiah Standback, John Matchoda, Nick Harris. We've got Chris Beam.
Speaker 4: In the back.
Speaker 6: I'm Kyle Yeomans. We're taking your phone calls. Eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight.
Speaker 4: Is the text line.
Speaker 6: The phone line is eight eight eight A five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Kevin in Ohio. Kevin, what's going on? You're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 11: How you guys doing today?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm doing good? Thanks for asking? Hey, guys, real simple. I mean, I'm probably gonna be one of the odd ball the Cowboy fans. But I mean I got blessed to watch six super Bowls with this team, and I've seen a lot of bad seasons. First and foremost, your front office has to get on Dak signed to an extension from that are draft roal simple, guys, you got to get a center. I mean, we need to get this offensive line back up to where it used to be back in the day, and it starts there upfront. These guys that you know want these fancy skilled players. We have enough skilled players. But I will tell you one thing in free agency, they need to be aggressive more than they ever been in the history that I've been watching this football team. But there's a guy out there that's going to be a free agent. I know he's gonna be tough to get, but Mike Evans from Tampa Bay, he'd be on my hot list. The one guy that I think could help Dak Prescott on the depression in the playoffs. We let him walk away. I think he's coaching high school football. That's John Kittna. Jerry Jones should reach out and try to get him back on this football team. That kind of helped this guy out when it comes. Dak Prescott is a great quarterback. This garbage of him not being good. I just think that he's for some reason, the pressure gets to him in playoffs and sometimes I believe it's because it's one and done. But I think Kittna could come and help him get stabilized. They need to bring him some but it starts the front line. If we don't have a front line, I don't care who's back there running the ball. It's not gonna work. There's a lot of good running backs coming out. I don't know what they're gonna be their decision on our running back right now, but I think I would let him go test free agency if it was me. I think that we need a tough nose running back in there, you know. And there's gonna be a lot out there. It seems like, you know, there's gonna be some great, some great targets out there. But number one, let's get Dak signed, Let's get some money in free agency, let's attack our our offensive line in the draft, and let's build this team. Like you back. I'll listen to what you guys have to say. Have a great day.
Speaker 7: That was an amazing call.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, listen, listen, listen. He said a lot of good things.
Speaker 7: Yes he does. It sounds great.
Speaker 4: Here's my thing, and I've said this from the moment they lost to Green Bay. I want a plan.
Speaker 6: I don't really I want some some sort of hard nosed, structured plan to revamp this roster.
Speaker 4: That was a hard nosed, restructured plan, So I like it.
Speaker 1: But how much would running back?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I just know he probably is a is an avid listener.
Speaker 4: Just how much did he pay or did you pay?
Speaker 3: John kitting a show?
Speaker 10: Just dropping knowledge, man, I'd like to know some names on running backs though, I'm not just running it back next year with frecodout like, I need to know what the plan is at running back. It's clearly not way to the sixth seventh round. Yeah, you know, it's they have to do something at least middle of this draft. They have to get a young, a young type of guy that you can give carries to for the next four years and then you move on, You bring in the next guy, and you move on, you bring on the next guy.
Speaker 7: I'm less position, man.
Speaker 3: Are we allowed to talk about free agents to be or no?
Speaker 7: That that's kind of they're out the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll ask my boss and get back next to We.
Speaker 7: May yeah, we may have to full employees.
Speaker 4: I mean there's there's a couple of names out there too.
Speaker 6: Free agency wise, that aren't the big names that the guy that said so long to Nashville, Like you can't necess exactly that one.
Speaker 3: I mean even though anyway.
Speaker 4: I mean there's other names out there.
Speaker 3: We're talking about running backs.
Speaker 4: Here, running backs, Yeah, yeah, Like.
Speaker 3: Would you go draft one?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think if I'm talking like first three rounds, if you.
Speaker 9: Can't get your guy that you want in free agency, your your your guy, your your guy, then you go you go draft one, and like the third or fifth.
Speaker 1: Round is that guy that you want round running back?
Speaker 8: There's too many other positions that have to be addressed. Like I just don't feel running back is I have to be addressed because I don't care what running.
Speaker 7: Back you get.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, but you still have to address.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not saying, but it's not something that you use a draft pick on. You know what I'm saying, don't think that used. There's there's gonna be a gazillion free agent running backs.
Speaker 3: Something I'm saying. The free agency doesn't work, That's what I said.
Speaker 8: But there's gonna be there's gonna be a free agent running back that you would play and play if you if you nah.
Speaker 7: If you have a dominant O line. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: Like there's not that many running backs in this league that are just absolute playmakers.
Speaker 7: There's just not there's not there's name, namely.
Speaker 8: Five running backs that you can say, I give him the ball no matter what happened, Like he's gonna shake the first person.
Speaker 3: J Robinson Isa, apparently apparently.
Speaker 4: You got Tony Pollard late.
Speaker 3: Jamier Gibbs fourth round pick. Yeah, yeah, you got Tony Pollard in the fourth.
Speaker 4: You can make some happen.
Speaker 7: But you gotta see what I'm saying. We're we're reaching here.
Speaker 8: I'm saying you don't have to go draft that there's gonna be a bunch of those guys in free agent. I'm not I'm not I'm not trying to disrespect the position. I'm just saying, in terms of what you need on your team, the guys that you just can't go find, the position groups that you just can't go address on the streets because there's just not enough of them.
Speaker 7: Go get those guys in the draft.
Speaker 8: Go get your old lineman, Go get your linebacker. I agree, right, Go get your interior defensive lineman. You know whether rather it's in a draft, if it's about we're not talking about twenty fourth overall, and we're not talking about the third round pick.
Speaker 7: I mean, you don't have how many picks we got this year.
Speaker 8: You've got probably six six, okay, and how many in the first three.
Speaker 4: Rounds three three? You got one two three?
Speaker 7: Don't you dare useally running back in those first three rounds?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 10: I would think that we'd have to include in that list that you're talking about, Saquon Barkley, Nick Chubb, maybe King, Henry Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 1: There's this dude named Christian McCaffrey. He seems to be a game changer.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna be yeah, back in back in the Bay.
Speaker 1: Everybody seems to like that movie that they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean to give up.
Speaker 8: So Dallas doesn't have money to be go out and get and he's got here he brought he brought up Mike Evans, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I'm saying the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That I know, we got get h to that point.
Speaker 4: You you can't.
Speaker 8: There's gonna be running backs that you don't have to pay money to that you could bring on this roster and have impact. Okay, Right, there's not gonna be you're not gonna find office alignment. You're not gonna find cornerbacks now, and you're not gonna you're not gonna find office al lineman. You're not gonna find cornerback. Those are the two positions that you're not going to find.
Speaker 1: On the stift drawn Bland.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, but you're not gonna find these guys on the street.
Speaker 8: The meaning that you can't go if you don't have the cash right, the pool is smaller in order for you to go out there and get those guys. Much like the Office A Lineman wered this year, when free agency started, Denver grabbed the top two Office A Lineman battle. They were gone after that. It was like, well that position group's gone. Okay, what else do we need? There's nothing else now. You never felt that way about receiver. You've never felt that way about running back. Like there's always those guys that are sitting around Kareem Hunt picked up late, right.
Speaker 7: All these guys are sitting at the crib just waiting for the perfect opportunity.
Speaker 8: There's there's there are very viable options out there at certain position groups because there's more available talent. Certain position groups don't have it, so old line, you better address it. Right, cornerback, you better go address it. Yeah, I'm talking about the first three rounds. Yeah, because there's just not many guys out there that can do the job.
Speaker 1: And I completely agree.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So that's two picks cornerback and offensive line, and we're going to line back third.
Speaker 8: There's not you struggle trying to find a linebacker in offseason. I mean during the season this year, they just weren't available guys. So I'm saying there's certain groups where you have to just go invest in those guys and then guess what if I need a receiver, if I need a running back, I can find those guys.
Speaker 7: There's plenty of guys sitting at the crib. As long as my scheme's right and my old linemen are were good, we could run the rock.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the front office was just they took a back last year.
Speaker 7: Like yes, middle round, because we had one guy have an impact last.
Speaker 3: With the back.
Speaker 9: With the running back class that was on the table last year, even in the middle rounds, guys like ty J Spears and moving forward past that, I mean there was those some guys that could have taken at what they did.
Speaker 6: They were looking at him every step of the way. But they would have had to reach on a guy. I think if they would hind insight twenty twenty, they probably.
Speaker 7: Would have reached on a guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they probably would have made a happen. We've got to get out of here. We've got to go before we go.
Speaker 7: Can I pay you two.
Speaker 4: Dollars for your Isaiah standback car? That's a that's a two hundred, that's one hundred.
Speaker 7: Percent of profit. I'll give you two oh one. WHOA, I'll take you. I'll give you. I'll give you three dollars for it. Man, sweet, I'm not willing to pay that much for me.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 6: We'll see you guys next Tuesday, ten am Central Time. More Talking Cowboys from the Star in Frisco for Chris b Isaiah stand Back John Show to Nick Harris and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 7: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.