Speaker 1: This radio show is more important than any other media outlet.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club, break you, they'll come here when it DJ Infy and Charlamagne the God being there.
Speaker 3: Next to all of you, guys.
Speaker 4: It's really this.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite shows to do, just because y'all always keeping.
Speaker 5: One honey, God, keep it real.
Speaker 4: But what better place than than here.
Speaker 6: I think everybody should go in the Breakfast Club and start out.
Speaker 7: Y'all want to shake it up. Good morning usc yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 9: Feast to the planet is Thursday, Yes, and.
Speaker 7: Lauren Lorossa is back.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, good morning are you. I's great, had a great time last night you went out last night?
Speaker 7: I didn't sleep, Hello cool bay.
Speaker 3: I literally didn't sleep.
Speaker 9: First of all, wanting I smell it smelled like a mini ball.
Speaker 6: I had the poor up a little hot toddy to get me together and wake me all the wow.
Speaker 7: I will say this though.
Speaker 10: Travis in Here, Travis our producer, one of our producers, sith her birthday party was last night. Travis in Here smelling like weed, bunkie and uh alcohol, he said, booky. He started talking to us like he was talking to us like it.
Speaker 7: Was the letout. He was like, yeah, what's up, good looking?
Speaker 9: What you're doing other than just waking up looking good with a little baige thing?
Speaker 3: And you know you was with it. You said, you're not nothing out here in the streets.
Speaker 7: That's it you.
Speaker 3: You walked over to the window.
Speaker 6: He said, yo, knok skin, you say, wow.
Speaker 7: Just out here, wow, keeping it together. Lord.
Speaker 11: The Russell is the only one here this morning at the respectable time.
Speaker 7: I would say, I got here this morning. Nobody was. It was just Red.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the hell is early today? I was here five thirty.
Speaker 4: That's well, you beat everybody else here.
Speaker 3: Don't do that to everybody.
Speaker 11: Well, you did beat everybody else, it's true, just being Red. I was like, the hell is everybody? But you had a good time last night with Samantha's birthday party.
Speaker 6: I did have a good Yes, she's a good time. We came in right when it started, like turning up to they was like counting on tables.
Speaker 4: Really, it's a good time.
Speaker 6: We missed everybody else. I didn't see drive. I didn't see anybody.
Speaker 1: We came.
Speaker 3: We got there like midnight.
Speaker 4: They ended at one.
Speaker 3: We made it, okay, alright, alright.
Speaker 11: Well today on the show, Leslie f and Jones will be joining us. Leslie Jones to be joining us. She has a book called Leslie Jones. That's right, So she'll be joining us when we're talking to her about her book.
Speaker 10: And you know, we always say that a black person owning a legal firearm in America and knowing how to use said firearm as a form.
Speaker 7: Of self care.
Speaker 10: Correct, So we have certified firearm instructor Robin Evans.
Speaker 7: Yes, she's the CEO of Chicks with Triggers. That's right. She'll be here to talk to us this morning as well too. That's right.
Speaker 4: You got your license?
Speaker 3: I don't, but I want to.
Speaker 4: You can get it in Delaware.
Speaker 9: You don't have a you mean gun license?
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't I have drivers? We learned to drive it like fifteen.
Speaker 7: Not legally. Not legally you get.
Speaker 3: A permit at fifteen sixteen?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, what.
Speaker 3: About you got a drivers?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you graduate from high school?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: About school?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 9: I graduated night school? Okay, yeah, two years behind schedule?
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: I was jasking about you gun permit?
Speaker 7: Do you have one?
Speaker 3: No? But I do want to get one.
Speaker 7: Though, Why don't you?
Speaker 3: It's a whole story and we were not getting into that.
Speaker 6: You gotta charge No, I don't, okay, I'm just asking my everything is expunged. I'm moving sponge this morning.
Speaker 11: All right, Well, when we come back, we got front page news, testling figure out will be joining us, and don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning morning everybody. It's dj V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Laura la Rossa is here. I guest co hosted What Up tis?
Speaker 3: Good Morning Lauren, Good Morning, dj V and Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 11: Now Tonight in the NFL, the Panthers take on the Bears at eight fifteen Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Have you watched a game on Amazon Prime?
Speaker 10: Sholder, No, I have not wanted a game on Amazon Prime yet, but that's only because my cowboys have yet to play on Amazon Prime. But as soon as we play on a Thursday night on Amazon Prime, I shall be watching.
Speaker 7: Lauren, you're gonna watch.
Speaker 6: Football d I watched it last Sunday. Who you watch the Cowboys and the Eagles. Okay, you didn't watch that was I was eating crabs.
Speaker 3: I wasn't only paying attention.
Speaker 9: It was just on.
Speaker 10: Okay, we got a couple of Thursday night games coming up, though, we play We played the Redskins on the Thursday night and we played Seattle on the Thursday night. Actually on that one will be on prime video. Okay, yeah, the one against Seattle be on prime video.
Speaker 4: But let's get to the Republican debate recap last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot to unpack. I wish I could unpack it all.
Speaker 6: But Senator Tim Scott he led with about nineteen minutes so speaking time, so he spoke the most. Former Jersey former Governor Chris Christy had the least amount of speaking time, around sixteen minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you guys a few highlights.
Speaker 6: There were so many vivid Ramasami and Nikki Haley clearly went back and forth all night. She clearly seen as somebody that folks you know, or at least he wanted to take down because she's rising in the polls. First, he says she was Dick Cheney and three Inchiells, and Nikki responded that no, actually they're five inches and she does not wear them as a fashion statement, but as ammunition. But then they continue to go back and forth about a disagreement about TikTok.
Speaker 3: He mentioned her daughter and she wasn't having it. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: How do you get TikTok band if you use it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 14: I want to laugh at why Nicki Haley didn't answer your question, which is about looking at families in the eye. And the last debate, she made fun of me for actually joining TikTok while her own daughter was actually using the app for a long time. So you might want to take care of your family first. My daughter, the next generation of Americans are using it, and that's actually the point. You have her supporters cropping her up. That's fine, here's the truth. The easy answer is actually to say that we're just going to ban one app.
Speaker 7: We got to go further. Leave my daughter out of your voice.
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 9: Sho leave my daughter out of your voice, not your mouth, not on you. That's how you know, That's how you know she's from South Carolina. You're gonna get close to that.
Speaker 7: I may not say mouth, but you know what I mean. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Your voice.
Speaker 6: Folks saw that I'm completely unnecessary. But then there was, uh, you know, a two different opinions on abortion. Speaking of South Carolina, I want you to hear Nikki Haley's position compared to Tim Scott's position them As we know when we covered the election results yesterday, that abortion was definitely they're looking at that as a litmus test, and so Republicans are still trying to figure out where they stand on the issue.
Speaker 3: And I want you to hear these two different opinions.
Speaker 15: Post row, a wrong was made right.
Speaker 16: They took it out of the hands of unelected justices and they put it.
Speaker 15: In the hands of the people. And now we're saying states vote.
Speaker 16: And what I'll tell you is, as much as I'm pro life, I don't judge anyone for being pro choice, and I don't want them to judge me for being pro life.
Speaker 15: So when we're looking at this, there are some states that are going more on the.
Speaker 16: Pro life side. I welcome that there's states that are going more on the pro choice side. I wish that wasn't the case, but the people decided. But when it comes to the federal law, which is what's being debated here, be honest, it's going to take sixty Senate votes, a majority of the House, and a president to sign it. So we haven't had sixty Senate votes in over one hundred years.
Speaker 15: We might have forty five pro life senators.
Speaker 16: So no Republican president can ban abortions any more than a Democrat president can ban these state laws.
Speaker 15: So let's find consensus.
Speaker 13: I would certainly, as president of the United States, have a fifteen week national limit. I would not allow states like California, Illinois, or New York to have abortion up until the day of birth.
Speaker 6: So yeah, abortion was an issue. There was also a lot discussed on foreign policy. We know, Nikki Haley's a former United Nations ambassador, so she had a lot to say about that. Her and DeSantis went back and forth with China. I urge everybody to go listen to it. I wish I could cover it all. But what I found interested is at the end I watched it on CNN. They've been polling these Iowa voters, the same voters after each debate. This was the third one, and you can literally see how they've switched their position, and a lot of they had to do with where Trump stands.
Speaker 3: You know, in his criminal charges.
Speaker 6: Last night, they said that Haley came in first, the Santas was a strong second. They see the race between these two. But what I find interesting, guys, is no one wants to believe the polls when it comes to Joe Biden. You know, they say, don't believe the polls, but everybody wants to believe the polls when it comes to Trump. And I think if folks are going to throw poles out the window, then don't assume that Donald Trump will be the nominee. The voters in the room said that they would love to vote for Donald Trump, but they would not vote for him to be the nominee because of his criminal charges. So this race could very well be Joe Biden or whoever the Democrats select is their nominee against the Santis or Nikki Haley. And so that is the larger question, you know that I think folks are missing. They're just assuming it's going to be Trump, and he still has to become the nominee before folks are saying who's the best person to run against Trump?
Speaker 9: That's very true.
Speaker 10: The Borigi conversation was interesting too, because it felt like, you know, Nikki Haley refused to commit to any specific abortion band, and I'm pretty sure that's because abortion is kicking their ass at the polls. That's right, and that's not gonna fly because you know, scripting away people's rights to do anything is not gonna fly because you may not care about, you know, forks, people's right to get an abortion being script away, but it won't stop at abortion. I'm not supporting anyone who is for taking people's rights to do anything a way because it starts. It starts at abortion, but it ain't gonna stop there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel she was pretty strong in a position because she says she's not. She said, you can't ban it, so let the states decide.
Speaker 12: She was to me.
Speaker 6: I heard her being very clear about being pro life, but she says she's not gonna sell this dream that the federal government could do anything about it, because they don't have the votes to do anything about it. So what's the point of standing up there saying we need to ban it? Knowing good and well, you can't. And that was Tim Scott's position.
Speaker 9: So she said she would only sign a bill that can get through Congress.
Speaker 6: Right, and she knows it can't, so you know, so yes, kicking the ass at the post. So republic gotta figure out. I just want people to remember, don't assume that Trump will be the nominee, because these voters are changing their position on Trump. So whoever Biden has to be prepared to run against the Santas are possibly Nikki Haley.
Speaker 11: All right, well that is Front page News. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Look, is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait, whether you're.
Speaker 7: Mad or blessed, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 7: What's your name?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 5: It's Sean Stone, man, peace and blessing man.
Speaker 7: Sean Stone. What's up?
Speaker 5: I'm out here in the field man in this garbage Trump man, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Man, morning, morning, morning morning.
Speaker 4: They piece of Laura Ross, Charlemagne.
Speaker 5: Hey, Charlamagne, what's something man?
Speaker 7: Sean Stone, Hey, Laura, Yes.
Speaker 12: Yes, I'm going to the man.
Speaker 7: Everything good, be good, brother, were good? How you feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm blessed, man, blessed. Can't complain at all, man, You know, I just want to shout out my son. Man, he got a hat trick in the soccer game. That means three our goals, envy, that's mean hat trick.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know, I just want to talk about me being out here as a talentation worker. You know, just like a lot of people out here, live in paycheck to paycheck. I know it's not easy, but keep going, you know what I mean. I'm trying to, you know, open up another second revenue. So I decided to do a YouTube page. And a lot of people been hearing my voice for a long time and I would love to support. Uh it's Sean Stone TV S E N S t or.
Speaker 7: N E traps.
Speaker 10: Ain't nobody want to hear all that Sean travels.
Speaker 7: Up here right now? Good morning?
Speaker 5: All right, hey, good morning to trap man.
Speaker 7: Why good morning?
Speaker 17: Draft?
Speaker 7: Oh damn, he don't you want to come to the microphone?
Speaker 10: You know it's going to keep trying away from a mica.
Speaker 5: That a fun man.
Speaker 12: Don't get that Jesus house.
Speaker 7: Trying to you.
Speaker 9: Don't do no gerbles. He's doing the contents. Don't play with him, big bottom.
Speaker 5: Energy yo, yo, show look up forlin me.
Speaker 9: I know what gerling me man, I'm old, Okay, I know Richard boy story bro tell you anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to be calm.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to be blessed out here. People, please go show love to my YouTube phage man, please show store TV subscribe even like shout out to rat Man welcome home.
Speaker 9: First of all, you had to look that up. I forget you young though. I'm born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. So the Richard gid Gerbil story is a legendary.
Speaker 3: I looked it up.
Speaker 9: Yees. Bester Stallone allegedly started at room No.
Speaker 3: I don't want to ever look at him that way.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this? Hello? This is be Trick Andre?
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 18: Doe?
Speaker 12: So my birthday was November seven, and my actual birthday I went to be just hilarious to Detroit because I'm from Detroit.
Speaker 7: Okay, how was it?
Speaker 12: Oh? It was amazing. She was actually hilarious.
Speaker 7: It was so funny. Actually, actly you thought she wasn't.
Speaker 12: No, because the thing I love who she is and seeing her stand up was amazing. I always seen her wild, I'm no out, but her stand up was was really good.
Speaker 7: She got another show tonight.
Speaker 10: It's actually the last show seven o'clock at nine thirty in Detroit at a Punchline. So you can go to justelariusofficial dot com then get tickets for that a Punchline Comedy Club.
Speaker 11: Absolutely now get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Hello. Who's this? Well?
Speaker 5: Envy?
Speaker 18: You know the vibes mellow, mellow?
Speaker 7: What's up? Mellow?
Speaker 18: What's the word?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 18: Uncle Charlotte?
Speaker 7: How you feeling mellow? How you doing?
Speaker 5: King?
Speaker 12: Life is amazing?
Speaker 18: It is what it should be missed lawing morosa llll cool Bay?
Speaker 12: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great?
Speaker 7: How are you your boy up here too?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 18: Who's my boy?
Speaker 19: Hello?
Speaker 18: Traf Yo travels the word bro brodull fact I told Boom, I'm let me get this off my chest real quick, man, I need to spread some positive vibes for all the dudes who are still in the relationship. Stay in that relationship, take care of your girl, because the streets is trashed. These women is out here posting up haul aid. They're drinking like lawnmow mechanics. Like I'm tired of it. I'm about to marry an immigrant for fifty games. Enough is enough, bro, this is trash.
Speaker 10: You gotta find you a nice queen to settle down. Mellow, I'm all for that, man. Black men don't cheat for well.
Speaker 7: Why black women at that?
Speaker 3: You said, we are here drinking like.
Speaker 20: What lawnmower mechanics mechanics like drinking more than the men posting up, Paul, Lady, y'all better than I was, like.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 10: Like somebody was cutting grass this morning? By mellow, all the ladies went out partying last night.
Speaker 7: At sim seem a party. It does smell like somebody was cutting grass.
Speaker 9: I thought that when I.
Speaker 7: Walked he really did.
Speaker 3: He did come here and say it sounds like liquor don is Who's you walking?
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the hello?
Speaker 7: Who's this?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 19: Me?
Speaker 12: What up? All right? I just wanted just to just wish everybody a blessed day. Just do just wanted to shout on my brand? Can I do that? Yes, sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: It's preference.
Speaker 12: The word preference w Y dot com Instagram is preference underscore w Y.
Speaker 7: Okay, brother, appreciate you have a good one.
Speaker 3: He Sound'm not happy.
Speaker 7: I'm not happy at all. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 21: H h?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: Thirds what brother? Get off your chest?
Speaker 12: Man, I'm just paring of how people reached out to you when another won't something. The thron't like just called to check up phone.
Speaker 7: You were just see what's the okay you?
Speaker 4: How you doing though, since nobody calls you?
Speaker 7: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 20: I mean I'm doing good, but the same like I'm the person who's got a people that at the time. But it's like, man, I don't get no calls on the.
Speaker 18: Like I have broke my kilis the last year.
Speaker 12: I ain't getting no none of that.
Speaker 10: You want you want to give us your numbers? We can call you every now and then just to say what's up? Keep your spirits high?
Speaker 18: I don't will Charlotte man calling me you too?
Speaker 17: Damn?
Speaker 7: Maybe you just got it tight.
Speaker 9: I was just calling to keep your spirits up. Man, you know what I'm saying, But don't.
Speaker 12: Just messing with now I'm off.
Speaker 4: Damn sorry, well number said, what's the number?
Speaker 7: Traps up here?
Speaker 12: You know trap?
Speaker 19: Nah?
Speaker 12: No, I ain't hit the trap.
Speaker 7: You're not pick picking up a trap, putting down?
Speaker 11: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one O five one. Now, lord, we got room on the way where we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are going to get into Frank Ocean snippet that drops in cal Mitchell was hospitalized.
Speaker 11: All right, we'll get into all that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Morning everybody.
Speaker 11: It's DJ n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren la Roast is here. She's our guest co host today and let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 17: Here from.
Speaker 6: Report, I think a lot of people will recognize the voice in the name on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 6: So Frank Ocean fans are going crazy right now. He released a snippet of a song. Fans don't know if this means that there'll be new music in twenty twenty four or if he's just giving them something to live for, but their on Instagram and Twitter everywhere going up.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to the snippet. First, it'll come back faction expect for me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, got boundaries that's just as gooding in between us. And then choose and we both got options. Listen actions, sex, conscientation, one action thing mean, but it's not batten into me. I'm down down with you, and I figured you're going.
Speaker 3: Out with thinking y'all get Have you never seen y'all more unimpressed?
Speaker 4: Sound like a reference tractor.
Speaker 3: I've never seen y'all more unimpressed. Let me hear it.
Speaker 10: I am un impressed. You can't be gone for ten plus years and give folk snippets. We don't even know if that record is good. It doesn't sound great from the snippet. But once again, you can't be gone from for ten plus years and just give your fans a snippet.
Speaker 4: Sound like a French track. It sounds like he was practicing.
Speaker 3: Why put it on Instagram?
Speaker 6: Then he knows what he is like he's doing because people he it's been I think he dropped blind. What twenty sixteen since blonde dropped? Yeah, blin with one twenty sixteen, and he's done like small stuff since the Remember he did the mess.
Speaker 9: I don't remember Blonde being that good.
Speaker 10: I remember Channel Orange being good, and I remember the Nostalgia Ultru being good. I don't remember Blonde being that good.
Speaker 3: I think with Frank Ocean, it just depends on how you're feeling in the moment. His fans are excited. They're like, oh my god, the Goat is back.
Speaker 6: New music is coming, which I also think is crazy too, because the last time we saw him, they ran him off the stage at Coachella. He said he wasn't coming back week d two because of doctor's advice, because of like a foot or ankle injury or something. That first performance week in one was so horrible. They talked about that boy for like seven days online. After losing his brother. He was like, this is the first time I'm back at Coachella since losing my brother. Ain't even laughed him off the stage because the performance was bad. And then he drops this. Now everybody showing him so much love. I don't know people so fickle.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I'm not mad at you having fans. He's clearly got a core fan base. You know that that loves his music, you know what I mean. But to the rest of us, he seems overrated.
Speaker 6: Overrated is a bit harsh for Frank Ocean is talented.
Speaker 10: The rest of us, we don't understand the hype. I'm not saying he's not talented to the prepeople who are not his or fa correct, He's just like, okay, what's what's the hype?
Speaker 6: Like what's tae? All right, Well, we're gonna move on because I don't know it. Just the snippet didn't hold me either, but we'll see what happens. So I didn't say it was wag oh I thought you said it was No you you said it was wack. I just don't sound good based off the snippet.
Speaker 3: But they don't give me anything.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound like a finished song to me.
Speaker 6: I don't understand why he would drop that. He dropped it like it was like a swipe through dump on Instagram.
Speaker 7: I could never critique that just based off a snippet.
Speaker 9: But it don't sound good based off the snippet.
Speaker 7: You wanted me to. I could critique that horrible.
Speaker 18: I hated it.
Speaker 3: Send them back home, please take his mic.
Speaker 9: Okay, I agree with you. What else he got.
Speaker 6: Jennifer Hudson has finally confirmed that she is dating Common. She had a conversation with gel King. Let's let's listen to it and we'll get into it personally.
Speaker 17: It's Jennifer doing well. Word on the street as you're very happy.
Speaker 11: I am very very nice relationship with someone who shall remain nameless.
Speaker 3: So I think it's more sophisticated than Okay, it's a situation.
Speaker 8: Situations, it's not an entanglement.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: Definitely, that's sure that relationship is over. Now what you mean y'all know how Common get down?
Speaker 7: I've just seen them holding hands.
Speaker 6: They were out just holding hands recently, which is a big deal for them because they've always been like spotted together, but we never seen them like no PDA. They were like really holding hands, like they locked in.
Speaker 9: How does Common get down? Alonge, you said it's over what happened.
Speaker 6: Every single time he's dating somebody, and then it hits where we know and the woman's happy. She sounds like, oh, don't play with me. It's not an entanglement.
Speaker 3: This is serious.
Speaker 6: It's sophisticated. It ends Tiffany Hatti ish like it's over now. And I don't know why she shared this. She should have kept it private and peaceful and happy.
Speaker 7: Who you think does more short term rentals? Lori Harvey are common? Damn mmm?
Speaker 6: I think they might be about even Lord Harvey gets more like like gets she gets hated more for it.
Speaker 12: She does what?
Speaker 3: Yes, they drag her, drag Common Lauren.
Speaker 9: I dropped Laurie. Yeah, yeah, I dropped clothes bomb for Laurid Hay all the time.
Speaker 6: Let's do it right now, because that was going at her the other day. I drop on the clothes lawyer because if Common can I mean grained.
Speaker 7: Drop a bomb for Common. And if you're gonna drop bomb.
Speaker 3: Form, everything don't got to be about equality.
Speaker 7: And I thought everything was about equality.
Speaker 3: No, sometimes you just gotta let the women have it.
Speaker 6: My point is, though, is that normally with Common from what I've watched from his relationships, once we start learning about it and seeing them publicly, it just goes down here. I don't know if the pressure isn't right for him or like what happens, but because I thought him and Tiffanyatis were probably going to be married and.
Speaker 10: Then boom and so he said soon as the woman makes it public, walks out of the situation.
Speaker 3: What crip walks out of day?
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 6: We talked about this, remember the love bombing? What do they call it love bombing? Because it doesn't it seem like Jennifer Hunton is like really happy. It seems very serious.
Speaker 9: I have no idea. I don't be paying no attention.
Speaker 3: You didn't just listen to the clip.
Speaker 7: I heard the clip. Yeah, I'm saying general telling.
Speaker 4: The truth hee me knowing what we'd be saying at all.
Speaker 7: You just know you just want it to sound she'd be so happy.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She did sound it very happy, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 9: I like Jennifer.
Speaker 7: She really does have a cheek ot for her talk show.
Speaker 10: She was travel saying earlier, because as soon as like the crowd gets a little dull, it's not a good show.
Speaker 9: She just grabbed that mic and starts singing.
Speaker 6: They said, I hope that's the same model in that relationship, because coming don't stick around. Why are we not trying to be honest about comed he doesn't stick around.
Speaker 9: I don't know like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know him either.
Speaker 6: I just know from the patterns I'm watching Jesus, and y'all have opinions on if we were talking about Laury Harvey, y'all will have opinions because.
Speaker 9: Of Laura Alby is the offer of act like a lady, think like a nigga. I ain't got no problem with big lawyer.
Speaker 6: Y'all saw they said, I if you want to Laurier Harvey's friends and so that's the hardest friendship to be in because every man's off limits because she didn't have everybody.
Speaker 9: I love that for her to date, probably get her. It's Laury Harvey, lauryd different, Laurid build different. Don't play with Laurid. Laurie the only person taking her daddy's deviceman in books and it's working. All the information is right for you don't know, y'all, but y'all not reading it.
Speaker 7: Laurie.
Speaker 3: Is there an audio version of that book?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm sure that cost It is probably read by Laurie.
Speaker 4: Well, that is your rumor report.
Speaker 11: Now when we come back, we got front page news and next hour Leslie Jones will be joining us.
Speaker 4: They don't move. It's to breakfast club in the morning.
Speaker 7: The breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning everybody.
Speaker 11: It's DJ V and Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Laura la Rosa is here and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: What up tis?
Speaker 3: What's going on? DJ Envy, Good morning, Lauren and Charlemagne to God.
Speaker 11: Now the Panthers take on the bed tonight in the NFL Amazon Prime video at eight fifteen if you have Amazon Prime and let's jump right into it. I just heard that the cold Captain, the Black brother, and the Montgomery Riverfront boar was charged.
Speaker 7: How you charge him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna have to help me make this make sense.
Speaker 6: Yes, guys, the guy, the black guy that threw his hat up in the air, is now being charged with degree to assault.
Speaker 3: Take a listen to the report.
Speaker 22: Well more than three months after the Montgomery Riverfront brawl, charges have been filed against the Riverboats co captain. Online court record show Damien Pickett is charged with third degree assault. CNN is reporting that in a new complaint, one of the original defendant, Zachary Shipman, alleges he was not attempting to fight picket all during an argument over a dockside parking spot. Shipman says he was only defending himself and suffered a bruise the cheekbone after Picket paunched him in the face. That altercation quickly grew to an all out brawl, all captured on video, igniting a social media firestorm. Shipman was previously charged with assaulting Picket and is scheduled to go on trial later this month.
Speaker 3: He has pled not guilty. Picket has not yet entered a plea.
Speaker 10: Montgomery does have self defense laws, like, he was clearly being attacked, He clearly was being linked, so he defended himself and then good Samaritans came to his aid, like what's the problems?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you see how they slid it in three months later though, y'all did y'all notice that, you know, after all of the conversation was about it, everybody was paying attention. This is why it's important that we continue to follow these stories because if this had happened at the beginning, a lot of people would have rallied around this. So what basically is happening is they're saying that one of the guys, Zachary Shipman, that wasn't the one that hit him first. Zachary Shipman is one of the white men that were involved. You know, when when all when every everything started happening, and Shipman is saying that he was defending himself against pigment. But to your point, Charlemagne, in the fact that that that the black guy was hit first in the very beginning, everything after that should have been self defense.
Speaker 3: But that's not what they're saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, knew was going to spend it though, you know the well, not only that you under the rest, you under the rest. You know what I mean, if you feel like you're being jumped, all you're doing is just swinging job. He was being jumped like do his job, and the numerous of white people came up to him.
Speaker 7: And he just was defending you.
Speaker 9: If you're being jumped, you just swinging. You just trying to get out of this situation. But I knew that if you if you watched the video, yeah, there was plenty of people who didn't necessarily hit this person who got hit by somebody else.
Speaker 11: But if you don't want to action, don't come over here because because I gotta you know, I'm getting jumped, So anybody who wants that action, I'm thinking it's coming to jump me.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing, though, regardless of what the consequences were for what those individuals did.
Speaker 9: I'm glad they did it, So you just have to deal with whatever comes your way.
Speaker 11: But he shouldn't get charged because now he might lose his job. There's other things that come with being charge and being wrestled.
Speaker 9: Well, you gotta flip it on the other side, tho, because there's plenty of white there's white people who were swinging on black people who didn't necessarily hit them either.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but it all started because all he was trying to do is don't do anything. I get what you're saying, but it's different. Those white people started something that didn't need to be Starting.
Speaker 7: Of white people started something, not all of them. But do you join in. I'm defending myself.
Speaker 9: That's not how it works.
Speaker 7: It does, it doesn't.
Speaker 9: You know, that's how it should work, But that's not how it works.
Speaker 7: Forget what you think the law should be. The law is what it is, you know.
Speaker 10: But I'm just happy that even with that, I want people to be willing to deal with the consequence of the ass because guess what, sometimes things like that are gonna happen. If I'm not gonna sit around and watch somebody be attacked I'm gonna get involved, and.
Speaker 7: Guess what if I catch a charge with that, so be it. But he was the one that was going to catch a charge.
Speaker 6: But he was the one being need to give them a national holiday. I don't care about these charges. All them people looked like and I hope that lawyer says it in court.
Speaker 11: No, he was the one that was being attacked. And if people are keep coming up to him, he don't know who's who's. He thinks that everybody's fighting.
Speaker 7: By the way, he's probably gonna be by the way, he's probably going to be. You know, we totally agree.
Speaker 6: I hear what both of you guys are saying, Like, you know, the three six MABI they said take the charge. You know, I'm willing to take the charge. So but I hear what you're saying and be like, why should there be a charge in the first place? He was his business. Yeah, but this is this is the guy that didn't hit him first. But still it's not a battle way at first. I'm swinging on everybody, but I do want to make sure that I'm driving a point home on how we have to remember. I covered an update on the Montgomery roll earlier this week when folks talk about this and then they just go on to the next thing. The point we also need to see is how they slide this in, you know, three months later, after all the conversation has gone. So as another reminder, Reggie Ray, who is the chairman, that is a black guy to hit everybody with a chair. He will be going for trial on November sixteenth, so I'll be following that as well.
Speaker 7: By the way, we knew he was getting charged. We knew that though that brother was mine, he was actually working doing his doing the same thing.
Speaker 10: This man picked up that chair and anybody could get it white, bottom line, the same thing because they did the same exact They jumped into the action, so did.
Speaker 11: The guy with the black The black brother was doing his job and he was attacked. He was assaulted chair.
Speaker 7: The guy with the chair. The guy with the chair was helping the brother out.
Speaker 9: This man, this man took that chair and he started swinging on any white person that was in the We watched that video. When we saw that dude hit that one with that chair, he was like, that was different things. That woman had nothing to do with with.
Speaker 11: With him, right, But the thought his swinging the brother was working, He was doing his job and to him, but they hit him first. They attacked him first when he threw up his hat. They hit him first, They assaulted him.
Speaker 7: The person that he's being charged with hitting is not one of the people who hit him.
Speaker 11: Right, But once you come in my zone after you're jumping, man, am I supposed to be like, wait a minute, did you hit me or you tried?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 9: That's the same thing with the person with the chair.
Speaker 7: It's a mob at that point. Swing that's why he got charged. That's different.
Speaker 3: Well, I do want to I do want to make a correction on that.
Speaker 6: The white man is he is also facing assault charges as well, so he but it was who hit who first.
Speaker 3: Basically charging everybody all all charges matter.
Speaker 6: They're just going across the board saying everybody, everybody gonna get something, the white man, the black man, everybody.
Speaker 3: You know that that they basically just going across across the board.
Speaker 6: So yeah, the white man and his girlfriend were charged, but he was not the one that hit him first. The one that had you know, that made him throw the hat up. It was another her white guy. It it started, it started off, and I'm sure.
Speaker 10: It all get worked out in court nine times. All this stuff will get dropped to Yah. Yeah, not the guy of the channel. He going to get me.
Speaker 7: He's gonna get something he gets. Let's smart.
Speaker 3: A good conversation, so we'll give you more tomorrow.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 11: When we come back, Leslie fin Jones will be joining us, Leslie Jones. She has a new book, Leslie f and Jones. We're gonna talk to him when we come back.
Speaker 7: She don't move. It's the Breakfast Logan Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is dj n V charlamagnea God. We are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: We got a special guests in the building, Leslie Jones, Leslie Jones, Ladies and gentlemen, welcome.
Speaker 7: Good morning, hair, Heir, heir, how are you feeling?
Speaker 17: I'm good. I was looking for Jess.
Speaker 7: You know she's she got shows in Detroit this week. I thought she's gonna be here, socking key kid, that's my girl.
Speaker 9: You met Jeffy book.
Speaker 7: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: And she is so funny. I gotta say that, she's one of my favorite people on Instagram. I love her. She always makes me laugh so funny. What kind of jewels do you give the young female stand ups?
Speaker 9: Like Jess.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Jess, she don't need nothing, she gets it like this is the one thing I love about Jess, though, is that she's confident enough to be like very sexy and still do come and see.
Speaker 7: When I was coming up, it was just the rule just you know, okay, I'll put it like this.
Speaker 2: Women comedians have to go through a certain thing, Like if I dress sexy and walk on stage for five minutes, I'm not gonna be hurt because when I walk on stage, the first thing is you're gonna get the women going that she thinks she's cute, and then they gonna look.
Speaker 7: At the man and be like ooh does he think? Does he want to her? And then you got the.
Speaker 2: Mat So that's five minutes of going to like all that happens. So I used to just do the T shirt, jeans, tenice you so you can pay attention to me. But the thing I like about her is that she don't give her like she gonna go up there and she gonna do her fun and she's gonna do her and I like that. What I always give young women is to you don't have to prove that you're a woman like Jess does go on stage and do it, which, like you, she doesn't have to prove she's a woman. Like a lot of female comics write like period jokes or this jokes. If you can make them funny, that's different. Just be yourself, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's what I would just like, always keep writing, don't stay on the same thing. You should refresh your set a lot. You should always be writing new jokes and and and anything that you think is funny. It's definitely something you should go on stage and try.
Speaker 10: What advice would you give her about having a permanent gig on top of the stand up, like you know, just say.
Speaker 7: A daily show or a daily radio show, like you mean, like this show should be here for now that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say to keep doing what she's doing because see, to me, Jess is gonna bring you numbers, Jess is gonna bring.
Speaker 7: You a whole different and no on y'all.
Speaker 2: But y'all all men, y'all, and y'all don't know about bitches, trust me, I'll listen to you. You don't know nothing about nothing, not a thing right, and and to me, when Jess is on here, she really be like, you know, doing her thing.
Speaker 7: You know, I really like her responses.
Speaker 2: She's not scared of y'all, So I would tell her to continue because she one thing I like about her. I bet you she gets the numbers because she continuously put that context out.
Speaker 7: I bet you she gets the numbers. That's somebody y'all need on it.
Speaker 9: She's a coaching shifting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to do you really do need to like and bring some youth to this room. I'm not like again, I'm not insulting you. Yes you are, but I'm not insulting, but you're not lying. But bring some of that because this is this is the breakfast Club. Y'all been here for a while and you should be here for some more time. But the only way to do that is to continue to roll with the change.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. And y'all need to bitch in here.
Speaker 4: That's the first time you've been up there.
Speaker 2: This first time, Yeah, because I was like, here, if she would I come and take this money because y'all sitting in here.
Speaker 9: With thrownes off, You're not gonna have time.
Speaker 7: You're gonna be.
Speaker 9: Doing the Daily Show.
Speaker 7: Oh you think something? Thank you, y'oll.
Speaker 2: First of all, I have to say thank you so so much for coming on there. That was one of the best segments I've ever done. I still get people ask me about it. I love that you came on there and was very vulnerable, and it's just wonderful. You made me a fan of you that day, very much real.
Speaker 10: I actually heard you talking about it afterwards on your podcast too, and I was like, oh wow, it.
Speaker 2: Was really awesome. Me and Lenny was just like he was so fucking great, like he just really good. And a lot of people asked me about that. It was like yeah, and I was like, yeah, man, what he said was true, Like you said some really.
Speaker 11: Good I want to from the beginning from Leslie Jones. If you don't know how did you get into comedy?
Speaker 4: What what made this say? This is what I want to do as a kid?
Speaker 2: Or I never thought I was a comedian. I never thought I was a comedian until someone entered me into a contest.
Speaker 7: I just thought I was silly.
Speaker 2: He was getting invited to a lot of stuff and just didn't understand why.
Speaker 7: And people like to hang out with me.
Speaker 2: And one day my friend was like, yois because you are stupid, Like you really funny, And then when she signed me up.
Speaker 7: She signed me up for a contest at college.
Speaker 2: It was the funniest person on campus in school, Colorado State, and I was on scholarship in basketball there and she came and told me. She was like, yoh, I signed you up for this contest. And I got mad, but I wasn't really mad because I was like, oh, well.
Speaker 7: Let's try it.
Speaker 2: As soon as I touched the mic, it's I can't I tell everybody they think I'm lying. But it was literally like I saw like it's like had been doing it forever. It's like I saw myself like there was nothing, there was no option of me doing anything else.
Speaker 7: It was just like a light that went on in a line that went straight.
Speaker 11: And how did you start preparing after that? So now you want to do comedy, right, But it's like anything else. People you know, most people that go on stage, you think they can do comedy and then they fail because they don't know sets, they don't know times, they don't know delivery none. You start studying it and said this is what I want to do it, and who did you study?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: First of all, what I realized is that I was already studying like my dad had every comedy because it was DJ, so I was already into Pigfoot and Millie Jackson and you know Mom's may. I already knew about all that stuff. I had already had the knowledge of it as far is like knowing what I was supposed to do on stage. I still was in that mode of like, well, I want to be like Eddie Murphy. I want to be like what we go BRK. I want to I want to be like Richard Pryor. But what I didn't understand is that they are who they are. That's the reason they do the comedy that they're doing. I'm gonna have to find out.
Speaker 7: Who I am. I learned that from Jamie.
Speaker 2: So you know, when I saw Jamie fox yaid so because he was I think it was the second time or maybe third time I performed, and I.
Speaker 7: But when he came on stage, it was like, holy shit, he performs just like what your probably in all They're like, this is crazy. So it made me go, Okay, what is what is this formula?
Speaker 12: What is this?
Speaker 7: And then when I talked to him, he was just like, you're young, you don't really have nothing to talk about. Go out and live, go out and.
Speaker 2: Discover life, get fired, get hired, get your heart broke, break some hearts, just go through life, so you can start to have something to talk about, because right now you're trying to do jokes and you're not mature enough to do the jokes that you're doing, and you're not funny enough to do the jokes that you're doing, and you don't have to talk about So you know.
Speaker 7: That's what I did. I went out and lived.
Speaker 2: I went out and lived, and he was right because by the time I came back, I had to talk about I tell you like this. I had been doing comedy for three years and I thought I was just because I was. I was killing that mark.
Speaker 7: And I went up to Jason Brown.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, Jay, when I'm gonna start seeing the fruits and lay like I'm when I'm gonna blow up.
Speaker 7: He was like ten years. I remember bus.
Speaker 2: I went home and cried because I was like ten because this is the thing. It wasn't that I said in my head, knock Kim, you know, because I was in that type of comic. I was a very much like when I started comedy, I prayed to God, I said, listen, I want to be a good comic. If I'm not gonna be a good comic, just let me be a promoter or something, because I don't want to do comedy wrong. So when he said to ten years, it was it was not me going, oh no, that's you saying and then no, it was me taking it in from a veteran telling me like, damn, I'm not gonna know myself until ten years. Because he literally asked me one day, he said, what do you do doing the daytime? And I was like, I do a lot of stuff. He was like, well, from your set, it sounds like only thing you do is and smoke weed and watch game shows. So he was like, that's all we get from it, and I was like, nah, that that's the ten year thing. Because see, first three years you learn how to be on stage is just think of yourself as a toddler. The first year, you're walking around, you're doing jokes, you're doing jokes, you're doing all the dumb jokes. The second year you may have graduated a little bit, but you're still doing sex jokes. Sex jokes is whenever you're seeing people doing sex jokes, unless they're just veterans and they got sex jokes it's an easy thing to go into.
Speaker 7: It's just it's like low hanging fruit.
Speaker 2: So those first three or four years, you're really just deciding who you want to be as a comic or whatever.
Speaker 7: Five years is when you start getting your gigs. You got a set.
Speaker 2: But after you get eighth year, ninth year, that's when you start getting the big gigs. And ten years, ten years is when you get tired of your set. Ten years is when you go, Okay, I got their attention, Now what I want to say. That's when you start talking about yourself real. That's when that's when you bring them jokes out, because you're going to be good enough to do it.
Speaker 7: And by that time got.
Speaker 2: At least twenty thousand sets under your belt, and you should be. And people got to know the ten year rule. There's no way to beat it. Of are you who's saying now there'll be to not what you're talking about. I've been in the business system.
Speaker 10: They've all been doing stand up for damnitary ten years. The better Andrew's been doing it for sixteen exactly. Jeff should be right at ten right right, and DC should be right at ten right now. So you're absolutely right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just like it's like people want to beat the system, and you're not gonna beat the system.
Speaker 7: Put in the work. We got more with Leslie Jones. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, everybody is DJ.
Speaker 11: NV, Charlamagne, the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Leslie.
Speaker 7: F and Jones, Charlomagne, Leslie Who do you think curse is more?
Speaker 9: You and Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson We about it the same because we did meet and both of us, Wow, you think I curse a lot?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: The name of your book is Leslie Jones because that's what people say when they come up to me. They'd be like, Yesley Jones. So that's that's why I made it that.
Speaker 2: But it's the first time I cursed in front of my mom because she knew I had a bad mouth.
Speaker 7: My dad did too. My dad knew I had a bad mouth, but they was like, no, you respect enough to not to curse around here. And we was walking to the store.
Speaker 2: I will never forget to walk into the store and I had just went to a parade where they had to jump and I was like, Mom, you should have seen the major rest.
Speaker 7: They were swinging a ass and my mom was like, yo, you not talking to your friend.
Speaker 3: You better watch your mouth, girl.
Speaker 2: And I was about to get into the you know, seeing all of that, and she was like, oh, what you sound like when you're not around me. I was like, very bad, very bad. But I think that me and Samuel L. Jackson are the same. I think we cursed at the same and met each other in Yeah. It was hilarious and I actually imitated him on SNL.
Speaker 9: I missed that.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, we did family feud.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: It was one of those those times where you they literally literally let us just have a little fun. So they wanted me to be Samuel L. Jackson, but they was gonna put the beard on me, and for some reason, we didn't have the beard, and I just dressed like he, like with the hat and the leather jacket.
Speaker 7: And it's like I did look like Samuel, but didn't. I just looked like Leslie. So when he came to me and he was like Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson, man, we were laughing so hard because Kenny was like, wait a minute, now, you don't.
Speaker 7: Look like no dampse was he pretending to be God, And all I kept saying is you can burn in hell? Samuel L. Jackson. Something that you bring to a party. Why do I gotta bring something? You invited me. That's a stupid ask question.
Speaker 3: You burning hell?
Speaker 2: It was just like really really fun but yeah, when I finally met him, yeah, it was just like so funny.
Speaker 7: But I think he cursed less when he met me because I'll I got to ask.
Speaker 11: So you talked about you remember bombing? So I always ask comedians when they come up, you remember your worst show and your best show.
Speaker 2: I can name ten straight. That is probably the same type of worst. Let me see, I fell off the stage, but that wasn't.
Speaker 7: My worst show.
Speaker 2: I fell off the stage and got right back up and was like, I'm a stunt man too. And Kevin Rick, But you're talking.
Speaker 11: About like a bomb, like I remember Kevin kep up here one time. You told me about the time where they threw a chickening at it. Charles only threw a chicken wing at him, right, that was one of his worst shows. So what was like that one show that's always in your mind?
Speaker 7: It be like that con venue?
Speaker 2: But I would say riddles maybe in Chicago was always kind of a hard room to do. I'm riddles, so d Ray used to host it. What happened today, I think that's when I fell off the chair. I stood up on a chair and then fell off the chair.
Speaker 7: But now I still ripped it.
Speaker 2: I could just tell you funny like I got introduced in Omaha at this poetry poetry show and this is was so hilarious, Like I was, you know, and I was beautiful, like young, had long hair. On the road and you know, dudes be trying to talk to you, and especially the ones that you want to talk to, so that I remember this roster dude was trying to talk to me. He was fine, looked like Bob Marley. I was like, oh, you're definitely going to the hotel room. So I'm talking to him and then dudes like, I'm about to introduce you, right, And I had on these clunky ass sandals or something, and he introduced me, and man, I came down that step and summersault rolled right into in front of the thing and jump back up.
Speaker 7: I was like, yeah, that's how I come on stage. That's how I come on stage. Man. I looked over and the roster was paying his bill.
Speaker 21: To leave.
Speaker 7: I said, you.
Speaker 4: You what about the best show?
Speaker 7: So the best show?
Speaker 4: What was the most amazing show that you still love?
Speaker 9: I just can't.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's just too many.
Speaker 2: I would say one of my favorite ones is when I went to Grand Rapids, Michigan and h they had a whole section that was death and they had the girl doing the deaf Yeah they were deaf, and she was signing so you know, I have a dirty show.
Speaker 7: And I was like, how you say such? So she was like doing it, so I was like.
Speaker 2: And then she got really tired, and I was like, ain't that's something the white girl got tired of sucking man Grant reference where they were on Fire. There's so many good shows. I mean when I was on tour with Cat like sold me, Oh my god. I have to tell the story because I know Cat remember this.
Speaker 7: Okay. So it was the beginning of the tour. We was in Chicago. I remember this.
Speaker 2: So it was a New Year's show, so we went out performing. Cat was late, so I had to go out and you know, keep performing or whatever. So when Cat got there, you know, Cat is Cat. So this dude was waiting with her fur coat, like this beautiful black fur coat. So he was like, Cat, I want you to wear an I want you to wearing on s taste. So Cat was like, yeah, so you put the coat on and he went out, and you know, people lost and they was already mad that he was late, but to see him, they lost it.
Speaker 7: They lost they he was going crazy.
Speaker 2: Kat took off that coat and threw it out into the audience and dude was like, dude, fainted. No, man, Dude, that coat was like fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: They ripped that part.
Speaker 9: He was just like, yo, probably gave him the money.
Speaker 7: No he did not, No, he did not.
Speaker 9: Hear about Cat being so generous.
Speaker 7: He may have gave me that. I just didn't know. I don't know, but I think Cap was like, that's the way the Kriokie crumbos hummy.
Speaker 9: You know Chris Rock, he did the forward to your book You talk about your relationship with Chris Rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm known him forever. I know, you know, all the comedians known each other forever. Chris I met Tony Rock before I actually met Chris Rock, but just known each other forever. And I used to always just bug out of him and be like yo, I'm only gonna make it if somebody like you tell them I'm funny.
Speaker 7: Well, you ain't telling them I'm funny Christy. And he'd just be like he always said.
Speaker 2: He didn't say I wasn't ready, but he did say that, but he was like, no, they're not ready for you, That's what he was saying. But I was always man. I would chase him out to the car at the laugh Factory. I would chase him all the way out to this car and I'd.
Speaker 7: Be like, what the fuck, yo, what you doing? Like done you see me ripping these mokes? And he just smile at me and get in this car like God, that it grass lord, he said.
Speaker 10: In the four Door, he said he talked about how SNL could easily find white comedians because the institutions but don't have an idea with the fine funny black people. So how difficult is it for a black comedian to be discovered from it?
Speaker 2: And just like what he said, like you find them in an institution, you find the funny bitches at the DMV.
Speaker 7: And that's real talk. Like Barbara Carlile.
Speaker 2: I will always mentioned Barbara Carlyle because Barbara Carlile when I was coming out was one of the biggest female coming like so freaking funny, like funny as hell.
Speaker 7: How she didn't blow.
Speaker 2: Up, you know what I'm saying, because she didn't say have the same opportunities as maybe a white you know, female comic can get seen easier if they get the laugh factory spots in the comedy store and the seller and all of that, you know, and really like, we have to vouch for each other.
Speaker 7: Like at the cellar, I had to vouch for.
Speaker 2: For yam I always say her name Yaminica, always say her name wrong when she she loves that I mess her name up. But she'd be like, you know, how to say my name, bitch, one of the man When I say y'am Amika, and she gonna be like, God, damn it, Leslie so funny, ah one of my faith.
Speaker 7: Oh she's so funny. So and she don't care. She will just tell you tell her.
Speaker 2: But at first they weren't gonna let her in the cellar. So I was like, yo, if I hadn't got sn L, that would be me, So let her in. You got white comics down there talking about having sex with their wife with a Christmas roll, and you talk about she's blue and off.
Speaker 7: That put her up.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's it's like that's it's just that type of community. You know, it's that type of community.
Speaker 7: But but you know, Chris, Chris knew.
Speaker 9: What take somebody like a Chris to say, yo, you need to put her on.
Speaker 2: Well now, I mean nowadays, now it's different. Now we're getting a lot more love. But back in the day, yeah, you got to get introduced through a male. You know, that's how it is an old boys club.
Speaker 7: I we got more with Leslie Jones when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 4: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: The Morning Morning everybody is DJ n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Leslie fing Jones. Every comedian always talk about bad promoters, and promoters are always bad in.
Speaker 7: How bad was shisty shot?
Speaker 2: Oh, very like And I'm just to tell you, I'm pretty sure just shisty ass promoters.
Speaker 3: They're bad for everybody, but for women, it's extra.
Speaker 2: It's an extra layer there because god, I hate to say it like this, because it was really hard in the beginning because promoters, you know, you have some of the promoters that think they're gonna get the fu.
Speaker 7: You or either like that you that that you are being brought for them to.
Speaker 2: Man, I came from hose pimps and crackheads and drug dealers. You comedy is jokes are clowns, like I wouldn't fik you with my enemies. And I don't like that bitch, you know what I'm saying, her with a herd, but not yours.
Speaker 14: So so.
Speaker 2: So you would like when I first came, it was like if you if there was a headliner and they want you to go on.
Speaker 7: The road, it's like, are you I would get on room because I was.
Speaker 2: Funny, but you you definitely would have the moments where hey, why you not being nice to the promoter?
Speaker 7: The promoter like you, why you're not being nice to the promoter?
Speaker 2: That is seventy two and he has on my grandfather's suit. Damn, what the fuck you think I'm going?
Speaker 7: The promoter? What deal is you making?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean that topic or the hotels, like I remember another comment, we're all on the same hallway and they didn't get no bitches because they're not gonna get no bitches. And they're like, oh, we just trying to figure out, who's gonna get to come to Leslie's room?
Speaker 7: I said, none of you hoes.
Speaker 2: And what was so funny is that I actually was hooking up with somebody to night and then walked right down the hallway and I open up the doors, like, yeah, that's who gets the not you dirty sand Any comic you asked me and asked about me will tell you I am that bitch that yeah, we all.
Speaker 9: With less that you know. Funny what you talking about with the money thing.
Speaker 10: That's what I've always concerned about with women and promoters because I'm always like moders be short. They're more than likely to be like, I'm not giving her feel like nothing gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I talking about worst shows and I'm a mentioned everybody name in this. Okay, So I'm in New York, New York. You know, it's not that many women when I was doing it. It's few, and we get them shows or whatever. And yes, I did a show for radio.
Speaker 7: Right. So he books me in Brooklyn, right, and.
Speaker 2: It's I remember it was Drew Frasier somebody else and I don't remember who this promoter's name was, but he I guess because I was a female and the crowd wasn't good, so Drew went up.
Speaker 7: He did all right.
Speaker 2: Another comedian went up and they wasn't really doing that well. So he comes over to me and he goes, yo, just do ten minutes. Just do ten minutes. Because he didn't know me, so he's like, just do ten minutes. And I was like, okay, well, no problem, and he was like, I pay you when you get off stage.
Speaker 7: So I was like, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: So I get on stage and I'm ripping. I'm destroy roying ten minutes.
Speaker 7: I got off. What if you get off stage?
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, you told me that, because he literally came up and said, I don't think I'm gonna have all the money.
Speaker 7: Just do ten minutes. So I was like, you just told me to do ten minutes. He's like, no, you were killing off that. I'm not paying you.
Speaker 2: So I'm just like new to New York and I'm just like dude, like and so I go to Raid Desjohn and I was like, yo, this is not gonna pay me.
Speaker 7: You booked me. What the frame?
Speaker 2: And he was like you know what I'm talking to? So I called Rob Stapleton. I love Rob Stapleton. Rob Stapleson called Big Bef and they got out that car. Big Bes's hand was around that promoter's next so fast he was like and then he was like, you're gonna do a can female like that? And he was like, nah, dude, it wasn't like that. She was just was patient enough to wait for me money, like like like real talk. They do think that they can pump punk up people. I've had a lot of had a lot of promotions in Atlanta. Oh so when you're paying all my money, so so how much I owe you? Only owe you six hundred? No, you owe me eleven hundred. Keep counting. Okay, No ride to the airport like shit like that. Oh no, I have been left at venues, oh car leaving Okay, I'm the female. You should wait for the female. Oh they went back to the hotel.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a lot of And that's why that's why I always say now because I'm surely sure it's a little different now because women do speak up. But I always tell male comedians when you're on the road with a female, can look out for her. Look out for her, because like, like I know a lot of female comedians that's been raped that's been like hurt, beat up, slapped by other comedians and you know who you are real talk like it's like it's another battle. It's another battle because we are women. But like I said, I'm a big six feet you know, she got to go on like five minutes.
Speaker 7: Are you going to be the host of the day? You're doing it all next week?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: And you tell me you want?
Speaker 7: I mean, was that something you would want? You know what? I'm not gonna lie. I think I'd be pretty good at it.
Speaker 2: And I think I think nighttime is ready for a black woman, ready for one that's ready to to to go do it, because I feel like I've been built for that. Like I call myself the two thousand year old woman because I've been through every decade. But I feel like they need somebody who is can bring joy and bring laughter and and and and inform people in a way that they like take their medicine with.
Speaker 7: It's time to bring some laughter back to life. Period.
Speaker 2: It's time for everybody to stop being so offended. How about this is what I want to say. Everybody has been acting for the last five years like a five year old. Everybody needs to stop the what about me, because it's just starting to become ridiculous at this point, and grow the fuck up. I am sick of it, y'all, sick of it. And you know you you know, you know you're showing your ass. You know what's right, you know what's wrong. Stop acting like a five year old. And that's what our society is acting right now like now. And you know, like everybody in here know, it'd always be a black woman that come.
Speaker 9: And go knock all fix it.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's it was the nail Carter, Oprah Winfrey. You know, we got all our sisters that came in. Just let's get this right back. I feel like I want to talk to men too, and like I'm going to give y'all so much permission to learn and advance to where we are as like we doing the work. Men are not doing the work. And I'm gonna say it, y'all not doing the work. And let me just say this too, y'all don't know about it. It's one of your favorite things or if you're just working properly, what should we know to go to? First of all, go to the have to put you in a doctor's hand and off to the fucking left. Find out what's wrong you first. There's a lot of no. I'm being very honest. I've been hooking up and dudes are not working properly.
Speaker 7: Y'all. Don eight all that McDonald's.
Speaker 2: You're not taken care of yourself, and that's your that's like one of your prize possessions. You go get your car check. You won't get your check, damn, and then get mad at us when.
Speaker 7: You don't work.
Speaker 2: Don't get mad at me. That's your department. That's your department. That's go get your check and then and then go get your mind check. Stop showing up to tender dates expecting me to solve your dilemma. I show up for and you throw me a Ruber's queue of your fashion. I don't know why your daddy don't love you.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Your mind affects you, So take care of your I really believe that's a lot of problems with these, with these podcast dudes and these past lord bros.
Speaker 7: Y'all don't know how to a woman correctly.
Speaker 2: And then when she tell you that now she ain't no, go learn how to I bet you have solved a lot of problems between us because y'all don't know how to and you're.
Speaker 7: Mad because we do. This is the best mental health promo ever.
Speaker 2: I'm being honest with you. I am being so honest. I really believe that a lot of friction is now. Women are going we are tired of bad sex, and we're tired of being quiet about bad sex. I had some bad sex two nights ago. I told at the ricks, I told that could get the fuck out. How dare you me like that at the Rits? God, damn, the goddamn Empire State Building is right there. How you me like that in front of the Empire State Building?
Speaker 7: The out of here? Poor God? Well, at least it ain't no surprise. You're not hearing this for the first time.
Speaker 11: Trust me, Jesus, you know who you are. To that gentleman she talking about, get therapy. You're gonna need some help.
Speaker 17: Lord.
Speaker 4: It's Leslie Jones. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 10: Yes, go get Leslie Jones' new book, her memoir, Leslie Fan Jones.
Speaker 9: See me holding in my hand right now?
Speaker 3: You ready yet?
Speaker 7: You're about to lie? It takes about the lie. Just tell the truth. You see about the lie.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 10: But you know I can't lie, so you should believe me when I'm lying. I can lie, but I got to tell you I'm lying. You know what I'm saying. So, yes, I've read this book. He lies, but I'm lying.
Speaker 7: Let's get to the room.
Speaker 4: It's long on the rose said, he.
Speaker 6: Reports, I think a lot of people will recognize the boys to minat on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Lauren came in hot Youth.
Speaker 6: So cal Mitchell Kenan Nicel was hospitalized on Tuesday night. He he went in through the emergency room. Now TMC has a witness that tells them that he appeared to be like conscious and alert when he arrived to the hospital. No one knows right now what the illness was, but he was definitely in the hospital getting treatment and it's kind of unknown like even if at this point if he's been released. Kel did post something to his Instagram and on his Instagram, he just is thinking fans, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds kind of serious.
Speaker 6: So he says he's grateful for the flood of prayers and positive vibes that surrounded him during a genuinely frightening time. The scare was real, but so was the support with the grace of God and the skill of the medical team. I'm now on the road to recovery. Oh he is home and embraced by his family. The kindness has been a lifeline. He can't think people will love much of love to you guys. So it sounds like it was something serious that came out of nowhere.
Speaker 7: Well, salute to kel sending him healing energy. Matter.
Speaker 10: So when I wake up in the morning, we should all pray for good health, like you really thank God for another life, or really pray for good.
Speaker 9: Health man, because you never know what people going through. To salute to that brother, that's right. Sure.
Speaker 6: Now DJ Khaled is talking about why he doesn't have things like and it's turned I mean not turning an accountant or a money manager.
Speaker 23: Let's I have a rule where my bank gotta tell me even if I tell them I approve it, don't listen to me, but they have.
Speaker 7: To get a verbal Yeah, you're gonna tell you taught me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 7: Aar is out there.
Speaker 23: I have a rule if you pay for everything yourself, you notice you're paying too much for stuff, right and you know it. You're you know, you got to balance it like this all the time. So if I touch that, that means it got to be replaced that hour, no more than two weeks. If I let somebody else say, oh, to pay the bills, You're not gonna notice it in real time, he says.
Speaker 7: It gives you a harder time to fix it.
Speaker 23: While I'm paying all these bills, traveling vacation, my mom's bills, the kids.
Speaker 18: You probably help your wife, family, everybody like.
Speaker 7: And I'm happy, but I feel it.
Speaker 23: And while I'm feeling it, tells me book that gig.
Speaker 7: I'm going over there. Oh, I said no to that. I changed my mind. No way in the world.
Speaker 23: I'm letting somebody have the power to touch the hard work right the way.
Speaker 3: Do y'all got money?
Speaker 9: First of all? First of all, God is good.
Speaker 3: That's how a rich person responds.
Speaker 7: I just said, God is good.
Speaker 17: God.
Speaker 3: Do y'all have business managers or money managers.
Speaker 10: Account to each their own I'm not mad at Calim for how he does things, but if you can find a great financial team, get one. My money managers and accountants are fantastic. Salute the lifeline financial sleuth to my good brother humble, Salute the law. Best decision I've ever made. That black as well, by the way, and also my team. They run everything by me like I signed off on every payment, no matter how small it is, no matter how small it is, no matter how big it is, I signed off on every payment.
Speaker 9: But you need folks to handle your business.
Speaker 10: Not mad at how Klent does things, but you should have a good, reliable, solid, trustworthy person to handle your business and most importantly man for taxes.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, I have a good team. I have a great team, absolutely positively. But I pay my own bills too. I'm like time because I'm like Callent. I like to see what go in what goes out my account. Now, for some of my businesses, my accountant handles a majority of it. But when it comes to household bills and what goes in and out, as far as what happens in my crib and some of the houses that I have, I pay those bills because, like Callas said, I want to see what goes in. I want to see what goes out because sometimes you know, when it's not your money, people can make payments and you don't even think about it. But when it's your money and you see what goes out, I'm kind of like CALLI like, how much did I just spend for that?
Speaker 7: How much was that? No, No, we're not doing that next month, and I can figure that out.
Speaker 9: But you're a good accounting team will tell you that though, right account team take trust you're spending too much.
Speaker 10: Good account team will take you know you're not making that, You're not buying that right now. You know, that's what a good accountant team does.
Speaker 3: You know he's worried about stealing the money, though that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing. Anybody can steal. Anybody can steal.
Speaker 10: But one thing I love about my financial team is that they're black, and they know they're black, and they know that if they had that kind of reputation, it would.
Speaker 7: Finish them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: So they are very trustworthy of.
Speaker 4: You know, I got a great but I'm just that's just who I am. And I'll tell you a quick story.
Speaker 11: A long time ago in the industry, there was a bunch of people that were investing, no not, they were business managers. And these business managers, uh actually stole a lot from a couple of people in the industry. And because of that, I handle my own bills. And that's just been my thing from the beginning.
Speaker 7: Me and my wife.
Speaker 4: We pay our own bills when certain things.
Speaker 11: Of course, we have accounts that handle taxes, accounting that handles a lot of the other stuff. But when it comes to basic bills, handle it.
Speaker 6: Why this is so off topic but still call it? He said them ais. He was talking about how they have to face sime up. Why do why do y'all over a certain age? Adds to everything? The aisy?
Speaker 7: Like, why do y'all do that?
Speaker 3: Like that is such an age that.
Speaker 7: It is plural, it's more than one AI.
Speaker 6: But it's you know, talking about like if your MANA never talked to me be like, get them ais or the ais? I felt them the AI bun getttain age and just don't care to start adding ESSs to everything.
Speaker 7: So Luthor, calid man watch the calories? Were you watching money?
Speaker 3: What does that SAYE?
Speaker 9: No, that's a stab.
Speaker 7: I wasn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, huh no, it wasn't. I'm talking to be saying, is the only person that work out and don't lose weight?
Speaker 7: Damn, Lauren, that was a stand. That was That's what I didn't say. That that was crazy, raized.
Speaker 3: I love cal He's so positive.
Speaker 10: But that is we were just talking about health with cal and I'm telling everybody watching Calig the way you're watching money.
Speaker 3: Everybody needs to be like thirty minutes ago.
Speaker 9: No, we didn't.
Speaker 10: It was all in the same rumory intertwine. I cannot believe that is crazy, right, it's crazy, DJ call salient.
Speaker 11: That's crazy to understand that you crazy, crazy killing the wow killing.
Speaker 7: Yall.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's him. Don't look at me like the poly Santa, like the policy.
Speaker 10: Right, giving a donkey too for after the hour, we need a O G Named Dave Lasted to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 7: We'd like to have a word with this man. Okay, all right, we'll get to that.
Speaker 11: Next it's to breakfast club. Come morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 7: Don't be out here acting like a donkey bitch. It's time for donkey of the day. I'm a big boy. I could take it if he feel out deserve. It ain't no big deal, I know, charloamagnea god gonna have funny, gonna say something you may not agree with.
Speaker 9: It doesn't mean I'm mean.
Speaker 7: Who's getting that donky? That donkey that don't don't don't don't dunk donky other day right here the breakfast club. Bitch you you could call me the donkey of the day, but like I mean no harm.
Speaker 10: Yeah, donkey today for Thursday, October ninth, goes to a seventy four year old man named David Lassater of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Let me tell you something about the age of seventy four. When you seventy four, you are absolutely old enough to know better. But you are also old enough to not give a damn. And this seventy four year old O g David Lastter that does not give a damn. When you get to a certain age, your levels of I don't give a f rise higher than your cholesterol. And this is what happened to David Lasted. And see, David went to do his civic duty on Tuesday night, and he went out and voted. Okay, he went to a polling place at a local church, and he lost his wallet there.
Speaker 7: Seventy four. No, oh, easy to misplace things.
Speaker 10: I'm forty five and sometimes I look for my phone to make a call while I'm simultaneously on Instagram. And guess what, I only got one phone, so I can understand misplacing your wallet at that age. So he retraced his footsteps, went back to the polling place and found his wallet. But Grandpa said one hundred dollars was missing from his wallet when he found it.
Speaker 7: One hundred doubtless.
Speaker 10: Okay, So he called the police, and I guess the police weren't telling him what he wanted to hear, so he decided to take matters in his own hand.
Speaker 7: Why am I telling you this story? Let's go to ABC twenty seven for the report. Police that was the worst, the.
Speaker 8: Worst election day in Sharon Neil's ten years working as a poll worker at Covenant Community Church. Police say seventy five year old David lass went to vote and left his wallet behind, and.
Speaker 7: Upon him returning to retrieve it, he realized there was one hundred dollars missing.
Speaker 8: Sayitor left and said he would come back with a gun. They talked to him on the phone.
Speaker 3: Thenser's made attempts to convince mister Lassiter and it wouldn't be in everyone's best interest if he was to show up at the polling station with a firearm as well as with bad intentions.
Speaker 17: Mister Lassiter seems to think we took the money. You were the one that was trying to give in his wallet back. One of the voters took case of money.
Speaker 8: Police say that seems to be true based on video evidence and what's definitely true according to witnesses.
Speaker 17: He returned, and he returned to the point where he had his car pulled up to the gate where nobody could get in or nobody could come out.
Speaker 7: Sirs.
Speaker 3: Lasser appeared the point of handgun at one of the Mark police units that was on scene.
Speaker 8: They arrested him for making terroristic threats and searched his car.
Speaker 3: Seven weapons were recovered through this incident.
Speaker 17: He had enough guns in his car to just do a massacre.
Speaker 10: Old enough to know better seventy four, which is why he's getting the biggest he are, but also old enough to not give a damn. So you get to a certain age, and it's all about the principal. Ain't about the one hundred dollars. Okay, it ain't about one hundred dollars, all right, It ain't about the hundred dollars. It's about the principle. You get to a certain age and you truly understand the value of money, all right. The same way Kodak black understands the value of a dollar, so does this og. So how dare you steal from a man who's been eligible for free pancakes that I hopped for well over twenty years? All right, that's all This is about his principal. He's seventy four. He don't got time to play with folks. So he came back with his nine millimeters.
Speaker 9: What's popping? Cuz do we have a problem here? First thing he saw was an empty police car, so he pointed the pistol at the empty police call. That was just pure anger and frustration. I called y'all to help me, and y'all acted like it was nothing that can be done.
Speaker 7: So now y'all ops. Two fun fact though, not only was the police car empty, so was his gun? All right?
Speaker 10: Police later found the pistol was unloaded, all right, and that last of that had a loaded magazine on his waist.
Speaker 9: Though. Now this is how you know it was just about the principal.
Speaker 10: David had high emotions, they said, when he came back to the Poland place, and he wanted to confront people. You heard what was just said on the news report. He wanted to confront people inside the church who got.
Speaker 9: My one hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: One of y'all in the air got my money, and I'm not leaving until somebody gives it up. Police somehow got him to calm down, and that's when they searched his car and learned this man had so much artillery, so many weapons ready for war, that you would think the US government was funding him. All right, this man had seven firearms, a two two three rifle, a twelve gage shotgun, a thirty eight, a four to sixty, and two pistols of unknown callibles. That means they might have been so old that officers didn't even know what they can do. Okay, he might have had a handcanning from the thirteen hundreds and a musket.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 10: Police took his nine, his evidence and put the rest away for safekeeping. And now og David Lassiter is charged with making terrorist threats, possession of an instrument of crime, and disorderly conduct.
Speaker 9: And guess what.
Speaker 7: All misdemeanors? Misdemeanors for who this man had the same kind of guns ass t I and only got a that's the meet up. Guess what racy? Okay, now, Terry, we don't even have to guess we know.
Speaker 12: One now now.
Speaker 10: Terry Wheeler, who was the captain of the Harrisburg Burrow of Police, said, I wouldn't want a situation like this to reflect upon other responsible gun owners. I'm a huge proponent of lawful, responsible, responsible gun ownership and gun carrying.
Speaker 7: I don't think that's what this is at all. I agree, but it's still just a misdemeanor.
Speaker 10: You tell me a nigga alive who can get caught with seven firearms, threatened to hurt people at a polling place, a polling place, and get charged with a misdemeanor.
Speaker 9: No, missy Elliott.
Speaker 10: I did some research this morning this morning, okay, And by research I mean Google, and I googled senior discounts, Okay, senior discounts. Amazon Prime was on their CVS, Extra Cast CVS, Veteran's Advantage Home, Deep ot Cole's, Michaels, even Tanger outlets. But I didn't see nothing about law enforcement, not one. Okay, So please let's make this the double donkey and give David Lassida and the Harrisburg Borough Police the biggest he hull. I ain't gonna give a man a senior discount because he got caught with seven guns.
Speaker 3: I hope you never get pulled over over up there wherever.
Speaker 4: That is what Cyburg, Pennsivania.
Speaker 7: That's why where the outlets are this tang the Commonwealth state, it's tango.
Speaker 10: I thought it was tanger. We called it tangle. I'm from no North Carolina, at least I called it tang. Always thought tang out We used to go there with Nikas said his tanger nikka tie your nicks said his Tangle.
Speaker 4: It's TANGI outlets.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: Right on?
Speaker 11: You know what I'm talking about, travel on trav You know the outlets over there, tang out lists.
Speaker 9: You'll never heard of that.
Speaker 7: It's tanger man calling tangent tanger man. Who knows about who in here know about the.
Speaker 4: We should go to the out list right before?
Speaker 7: Who here?
Speaker 12: Who? Who?
Speaker 7: That sister here you can't see, you know, he can't see.
Speaker 9: What do y'all know about them Tangers outlets?
Speaker 4: Tang Tangile.
Speaker 6: I told you you get to certain agents with assets on everything. Everybody the same name.
Speaker 4: Squeak everything.
Speaker 9: What I said, I said, I said Tanger, I said.
Speaker 7: Tango, Tango, Tanger. Yeah, I'm right, I ain't never.
Speaker 4: Go to them tangs them tangity you went to with Barry Commons.
Speaker 7: When I went to Harrisburg, she went to Harsburg, he was tang All right, maybe I'm wrong, Okay, all right, I'm not gonna you.
Speaker 3: I thought he was black until I found out he didn't get changed.
Speaker 7: For real.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking like I got an uncle that would have did the same thing, touch his money or his ian j.
Speaker 10: I don't think we're bringing out more guns than we need. Yeah, I don't think I'm a black man, old black man, second out more guns than anything. All right, Well, speaking of guns.
Speaker 11: Well before that piece B E T. B E T will see you guys tomorrow. Everybody else, speaking of guns, Robin Evans will be joining us. She runs the company Chicks with Triggers.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 10: She has a certified firearm instructor, and she believes every woman needs to own a firearm and learn how to use it.
Speaker 7: Not only fire arms, learn how to defend yourself, learn how to defend yourself, hered but mostly guns, that's right. That's right. And she does knife training knife work as well.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that.
Speaker 11: All right, Well, we're gonna talk to her next. Robin Evans when we come back, so don't move. It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Warning, everybody is dj n V Charlamagne, de God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 7: Yes, indeed.
Speaker 11: Founder and CEO of Chicks with Triggers Firearms Academy, Robin Evans.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Robin. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good?
Speaker 7: How are you good?
Speaker 12: Good? Good?
Speaker 4: Did they pat you down before you got here today?
Speaker 3: And thankfully you know.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that's a good thing a bad thing. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Surprise, surprise.
Speaker 7: Tell the people what Chicks with Triggers is.
Speaker 6: Triggers is a self defense company that I started down in Green Mill, South Carolina. We deal primarily with firearms. We teach women how to use guns. We teach women how to get certified to get pistol permits. We teach women self defense. We teach women how to use knives, basically, how to stay alive.
Speaker 4: No, I agree with it one thousand percent.
Speaker 11: Right before you walk and I was selling Charlamagne that my wife carries okay, my assistant carries I carry okay, and my daughter who's twenty one, I have her taken the trading class right now.
Speaker 7: So she can carry.
Speaker 11: Do they know how to use though? We go to range very often? Okay, very often? That we do very often.
Speaker 6: But are you are y'all good? Because a lot of people be at the range and they be in there looking crazy.
Speaker 11: They do, they don't look they don't know how to use this site. But you know what I'm not, I'm not afraid to ask for help. My dad is a retired police officer, so he goes with me sometimes. You know, y'all got that in common. It shows how to aim and in this, that and the other, and it's very important. One thing my dad would would always tell me guns weren't a big thing in my house because I guess he was always open to sharing information about firearms, so it was never a thing when I see my dad's going like, oh my god, it was just dad's fire arms.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, and a lot of black like a lot of black households, guns are not talked about like you can't have them and stuff like that. But in the like in my in my experience, and the white community is all then we start at five years old and down in South Carolina, at five years old, they have the shooting camps, and you go to the shooting camp and then it's all summer.
Speaker 3: Then we go to the range.
Speaker 6: But the black kids aren't in that yet, correct, And so the black and brown kids, I'm trying to get them into it too, because at some point, like you said, you got to learn about it because if not, then the streets are gonna teach you about it. So if either your parents are gonna teach you or the internet's gonna teach you, and we can't have that happen.
Speaker 11: The scariest thing about firearms and especially all the laws is the law has changed so much, right, and that is the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: No one tells you about it.
Speaker 11: Nobody tells and that is the biggest fear I have with my daughter carrying a firearm, or my wife carrying a firearm, or even myself because the law something will change over night and you don't know, and they will drive you with your firearm and then you get locked up and there's no way around it. That is the scariest thing. So what what do you see as problems when you face with your trying to teach all these not only men but people of color about firearms.
Speaker 6: Right, So I make sure that because everybody says they got a gun, but nobody knows how to use it, nobody knows the laws associated with it. And I always say, ignorance of the law is not an excuse, right, They still will lock you up regardless.
Speaker 3: So I make sure that I keep everybody updated.
Speaker 6: As soon as something changes, it's on my social media, so people know, hey, this is changing, we need to do this, We need to do that. I tell people all the time how to carry in their cars. I'm in the state of South Carolina. We don't need a permit to have a gun. Like you need a permit to lead the state, but you don't need a permit in the state of South Carolina. Oh yeah, yah, y'all not gun friendly at all.
Speaker 3: But we're working on it.
Speaker 7: Jersey but yeah, Jersey is a lot better.
Speaker 3: But we're working on New York.
Speaker 6: But so I try to keep I gotta try to keep them up to date with how to do stuff, because unfortunately, we don't get the black and brown communities don't get the benefit of the doubt like other communities, right, and as soon as something happens with us, that's a felony. Where and other you know, in other cultures that's maybe an intervention program of some sort. So I try to keep everybody up to date because if not, if I don't tell you, they're not gonna look it up, and the police, damn sure ain't gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: And now you screwed up.
Speaker 10: You know, South Carolina has been in the top ten states of women murdered by men for the last twenty seven years. You know, many of those years they were number one on the list. And I've heard you say that violence against women is a public health issue.
Speaker 6: Yes, why do you consider it that, because it's I feel like women are the especially black women, are the most unprotected in this whole entire country. In South Carolina. Domestic violence is a joke.
Speaker 7: It really is a joke.
Speaker 6: I've had women that have come to me like they've been beating, face broken, all kinds of stuff, and the guy got a thousand dollars fine and was at home.
Speaker 3: It's not taken seriously.
Speaker 6: And so that's where ICON come in. And I'm trying to teach women how to defend themselves, like we don't need a man to defend us, because clearly y'all not doing it right.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of men in the communities that talk about.
Speaker 6: Protecting black women, protecting women, protecting women, and then they don't do anything. They're actually the ones hurting us. And so I'm trying to teach women that you don't need anybody. We don't need the cops, we don't need anybody. All we need is a gun and learn how to use it and we can be our own first response.
Speaker 10: And pisces you off when you see these videos of like women being assaulted by men and the men just standing around, yeah.
Speaker 3: And they just they just recorded and they don't do anything.
Speaker 6: And then everybody's in the comments talking about what they should have done, but actually no one did anything. But on the flip side of that, right, there's there's a there's a double edged store because on the flip side, then the government will come and now you're in jail because you were trying to help somebody else. So it's kind of like a flip side of what you want to do because you thought you was helping and now you're in a jam.
Speaker 11: If a woman is listening right now and they're interested in maybe a class, and if they're not from South Carolina and they're from it, what first of all, what gun would you advise for a woman's first yat?
Speaker 6: Nope, because I believe that everybody should pick out their guns. So here's the thing about guns. Guns are non refundable, right, so you have to try them before you buy them. What works for me may not work for him, may not work for your your daughter, your wife, whoever. So I say that a lot of people go towards small guns, and they'll say, oh, I want to buy a small gun because if it's in my purse block.
Speaker 3: Smaller guns are harder to shoot.
Speaker 4: Smaller guns.
Speaker 3: We need bigger guns. We can handle bigger guns.
Speaker 6: But a lot of women don't believe that they can because when they go into these rangers, when they go into these gun stores, all of them are ran by men, and the men take them to the to the purple guns and the pink guns, little little piece of guns, and they don't matter. That's that's exactly where they take them. And we can handle better than that. So what I carry is a Smith and Wesson shield. Plus I carry that it's a nine millimeter, But I mean I could bush your ass for a three eighty, you know what I mean, It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: I feel like we it has to fit the person.
Speaker 6: We have to try it out.
Speaker 10: Y'all need to know Robin's not a first generation shooters. You come from a long line of as kik because then shooters.
Speaker 7: I just want to put that out. I was gonna ask.
Speaker 11: You know a lot of people feel like they need a big gun, right, they need a forty caliber forty five? Can you tell the reason why, Like I carry nine milimeter And the reason i carry nine milimeters two is if I'm in the house and I gotta shoot somebody in the house, I don't want it to go through the wall.
Speaker 9: I need a little deuce deuce in your boot.
Speaker 6: Which, well, you know what, so nine milimeter is very popular, right, but then you I mean, people get killed with twenty twos. You know, I have some women that are twenty two is where they are right now.
Speaker 11: He used to laugh at me, right because back in New York, you could not you know, you couldn't carry a gun. But in New York was very, very deadly, very very a lot of crime. As growing up as a team, right, so we used to go to the club. We used to I used to carry like a little two two and his Manolo Blonnis First of all, you're not in my shoe, because that would be the only way that I can walk around with the gun. And they made fun of me, but they don't know that the Too two could do damage like anything else.
Speaker 6: Stand in front of it. I bet you he won't stand in front.
Speaker 7: I bet you couldn't get it out of his boot.
Speaker 6: So I think that the gun has to fit the person and we won't know until we try. So like from my company, I offer a service called Try before you Buy, where I bring eight to ten of the most popular concealed carry guns and we sit there one on one and we try every single one. So that way, when a woman goes to the gun store, they are confident in what they came to buy, because if not, they're gonna try to talk you into this little pink.
Speaker 3: Gun over here.
Speaker 6: So when they walk in they say, no, I want the glock forty three X, No, I want the glock nineteen. They are very aware of where we are because we already did this process.
Speaker 11: We got more with Robin Evans when we come back, so don't move. It's the breakfast club, Good morning, we're talking about gun safety.
Speaker 9: I saw you say one or three women in the US will experience domestic dating violence in their lifetime.
Speaker 7: So would you encourage women to take guns on a first day?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Absolutely. You never know who you're meeting up with actually made these dating apps and stuff like that. You never know who this person really is. There's been a lot of like serial rapists connected to dating dating apps and stuff like that. So I would highly recommend that a woman, but not just have a gun, know how to use the gun.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: A lot of people have guns to flex with and they're not knowledgeable about the actual gun.
Speaker 3: So I believe, yes, you should have a gun on.
Speaker 6: Every single date.
Speaker 3: On the fifty fourth date, there should still be a gun.
Speaker 9: How would you.
Speaker 10: Encourage women to get are just people in general to get over their fear of fire them?
Speaker 6: See, that's where I believe if the instructor I feel like, whoever you team up with, that's where that comes into play. Because if you team up with somebody who's macho macho and think we about to join the military tomorrow, then you get turned off by because you're already intimidated. So I believe that's where you have to find an instructor that you vibe with, right, Like, So my whole business is a vibe.
Speaker 3: Like we're a vibe. I have a vibe check.
Speaker 6: You can't come unless you pass the vibe check. I've turned down people because they vibes don't match my vibe. Ratchet yet educational, you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: So like but.
Speaker 6: But so yeah, the vibe check. I've had people come and they're here for the wrong reasons, right, they're here because they are malicious.
Speaker 3: They're here for not.
Speaker 6: They don't want to learn how to protect themselves. They want to learn how to do damage to something else because they got something else going on.
Speaker 3: I'm not here for that.
Speaker 6: I'm here to teach women how to defend themselves against threats that may come your way.
Speaker 7: I think reps too. I think the more you do it, the more you get used to it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the first first time anybody goes into range and you shoot that one time and it's loud and.
Speaker 6: It depends on the gun that you shoot for the first time, I start everybody off with twenty two. It's as low as we can go. I thought everybody off there is a confidence building. They say, oh, this wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. And then next thing you know, we move up toward three eighty right, so it goes twenty two three eighty nine millimeters and we slowly work our way up that ladder and then when they're next next thing, you know they do have a forty or forty five because they we took that process together.
Speaker 7: I do believe when somebody uses that firearm it should be to kill.
Speaker 6: Yes, I believe that. Don't pull it out if you ain't serious about.
Speaker 11: It, Okay, because you know a lot of people, and I can tell a lot of these people that don't have firearms. They always say, well, you can injure somebody shoot them in the leg.
Speaker 6: But see the thing about it is right when you when you pull out your firearm to use it, you are trying to truly stop somebody, right, So if you shoot them at other places there adrenaline can keep them going through things like that. So I teach women about organs. I teach them about like placement, because what we're trying to do is drop the blood pressure. If you drop the blood pressure, you drop the person. And so that's what we're trying to do. So we're trying to hit you in organs every single time. Where can we hit we only got one shot.
Speaker 3: We got to make it work.
Speaker 6: The arm, ain't it?
Speaker 12: Hold on?
Speaker 9: That sounds sinister? You drop the blood pressure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, same, So you're triggers.
Speaker 7: So you you teach all your people how to just shoot the kill. Yes, okay, but I deal with a lot that's.
Speaker 11: A law law enforcement shoot the kill. When you when you pull your FIREMNT. It's to kill, it's not too that's.
Speaker 9: What That's what they don't want. That's what you know, a lot of activists don't want.
Speaker 11: And what she said, when when when that adrenaline is running and somebody's coming towards you, you want to make sure you eliminate the threat.
Speaker 6: The threat right now, they still keep coming. So I mean that's what I train women to. Like I said, I deal with a lot of domestic violence victims like stuff. You you couldn't even believe it if I told you right now. So I've had women had to use their firearms to defend themselves. And that's how we train. We train the way it's gonna be. We're not training for your arm. We're training to put you down.
Speaker 10: But change the concentration on victims of domestic violence solely or just women in general.
Speaker 3: It's women in general. It's women in general. However, once I started.
Speaker 6: All the domestic violence victims starting to come in, and they all like they didn't feel comfortable taking the men's classes. They didn't feel comfortable sitting in the classes with all the men, so they started finding chicks with triggers. And then they come and even the like at the local rangers, they'll say, women never talk to us like they talk to you, but it's a different vibe, you know what I mean. So they come to me and they say, listen, this man has talked me and he's trying to kill me. I've had that a million times.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 6: This man have had me in the hospital and I was on a feeding tube of three months. I've had that a million times. Or he's getting out of prison and he said, like he already called and said he's coming.
Speaker 3: So so we got to get ready.
Speaker 4: The only thing I don't like about a lot of states where they allow you to have.
Speaker 11: A firearm at a young age or twenty one, you know, only a permit or don't don't need a license, is I feel like everybody should have to take a class, right yeah, now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I do agree with that, I believe that you have to prove. You should prove that you're competence.
Speaker 11: But not only that, you should know what the consequences are, right, because a lot of people you get a fire on. My I remember I got my first farm at twenty one, right, I went to him University at twenty one. You could get a gun in Virginia. So I got my first handgun at twenty one. I don't think I was mentally capable of owning that gun, right because at that age, anything you mean, you could get into a fight in a club and I'm automatically going to grab my fire on, but you don't necessarily know the consequences of what that means. And I think, I mean, if you have to take a class to get a license, you know, you have to take a class with so many different things, Why shouldn't you have to take one to get a fire off.
Speaker 3: See, I believe that you. I believe that you should at least have to take a class. I really do believe that.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of there's a lot of organizations that don't believe that, Like, you should just be able to go buy a gun.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: Granted, in South Carolina, we could just go buy a gun. You don't need a class. But my direct clients hell, and most women they want the class.
Speaker 3: It's the men that's the problem. Most women want the class of.
Speaker 6: Okay, I had this gun for however long, but I don't feel comfortable using it because I don't know the bouce. So it's just been sitting in the box. And that's where we start from there. I might even have a program. It's called Learn Your Gun's for women that already have a gun, and they come in. It's a four week program and every single week they come and we learned. So week one we learn how to break it down, take it apart. What are all the names called, what are all the parts called? Then the second week is malfunctions. If it jams, what are we going to do? Like, we can't just excuse me, sir, you know before you rate me, can you give me fifteen minutes? And then the third one we go for accuracy. That's where I talk about the placement and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: We go to the shooting range.
Speaker 6: And then the fourth one we learn how to clean it and oil it and keep it, keep it functioning properly.
Speaker 10: What success stories have you had like meaning, you know, sadly a woman was assaulted and they were able to defend themselves.
Speaker 6: I had a woman that a man, a man that she knew, broke into her home and she had to use her firearm and she killed him. Wow, And I asked, I remember asking her afterwards. I said, I said, were you how do you feel? And the first thing she said to me was she had never said in two years to me, was I finally feel free, Like I'm not scared anymore, I'm not looking over my shoulder anymore. I feel free. And she said, I I never thought I would feel like that because for the past eight years this is how I felt. And so he would stalk her everything because it's not even if they stalk you, right, it's hard to get a restrained in order and a strainer there is just a piece of paper.
Speaker 3: The cops are not here to protect you, so we have to do it ourselves.
Speaker 6: I feel like, especially with domestic violence, it's only gonna end one of two ways, right Domestic violence is out of control right now, and it's only gonna end one of two ways. Either men are going to step up and say you know what, We're not gonna do this anymore. We're not gonna beat women anymore. We're not gonna treat them like this anymore, which that hasn't happened yet. Or women are going to step up and they're gonna say, you know, we're gonna be our own first responders and if anybody poses an imminent threat to me or my family, we're gonna put them down. And that's what I teach them how to do.
Speaker 9: How else do you think.
Speaker 10: Women can protect themselves while they're waiting on the process to go through the access the firearm?
Speaker 6: Knives, we teach knives, We teach self defense. There's so many different ways. You don't it doesn't always have to be a gun because a lot of places you can't even have a gun. So what are we gonna use? So we teach them stick fight and we teach them where to hit. We teach them knives, how to stab, stuff like that, things that you can use around your house. We teach them to be prepared from every single angle.
Speaker 7: Can we talk about the background, because I know people hear that and they'd be like.
Speaker 9: What you know about all of that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: So my father, when you're tired NYPD, and he's also brand master of Martin Bigis, which is a martial arts system. So we kick ass around here from every single angle, you know what I mean, every angle you're gonna get your ass well, every single every.
Speaker 10: Single way we can Spreessor Robert Evans, you've heard me talk about it, you know, written a bottom in my books, great mentor of mine.
Speaker 9: Yes, he's here, is that he is him?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: So don't think, Robin, don't know what you doing. I know, we don't know what you're talking. We appreciate you for joining us to say thank you so much for having me love it.
Speaker 7: And what's the information?
Speaker 6: Everything is chickswick Trigger. So Instagram is shackswa triggers. My website is shackswad triggers dot com. Facebook is shackswaw Trigger. But Facebook blocks me a lot for all the guns. So if you want to have a good time Instagram, let's me live my best life.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Robin Evans. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, than the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody. It's dj n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura La Rosa is here, and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 12: Here from.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people will recognize the boys to the name from the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Lauren came in.
Speaker 3: The Truth.
Speaker 6: So Omrion recently sat down with Jason Lee over Hollywood and lockshot outs to them and he talked about the fact that at one point in time, him and Carucci were almost a thing.
Speaker 24: One of the girls that tried to hook he up with. A lot of people don't know it's Carucci. Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: Me, Chris Brown and Omaron were brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Right, One night they said, bring all these girls, all these girls, and one of the girls was Carouci, right, right, do you remember that night? Y'all were kind of feeling each other.
Speaker 4: And that's true.
Speaker 9: I thought y'all were going to be a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 24: And then she was meeting she was a media to take out with Chris, right, And you never say what if I was you, I would you know, come on, now, you got to be unbothered.
Speaker 7: You've been unbothered for a long time.
Speaker 9: What would what would there be? What would a Marion have to say?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 3: I mean him and Chris Brown were friends at one point.
Speaker 4: But from what they it seem like they were dating. It seemed like they came to a party and.
Speaker 7: They were talking.
Speaker 6: But there's also like always been I mean, since I think they're good. Now we'll get into that we have some audio, but there has been like a little bit of like like a weird.
Speaker 3: Friction with O Marion and Chris Brown. I think it's so.
Speaker 6: I think it's more so just like career comparisons and like that whole thing. Like there were jokes going around at one point in time that like Chris Brown stole O Marion's career. There was one point, Yeah, there was one point when O'mrio, I mean you know, O Mario had dropped the project. This was like twenty seventeen, and a fan commented and said, it takes this dude years to come out with an album. I guess everybody in Chris Brown. O Marion responded and said, it's because I make music for the soul, not just for business purposes.
Speaker 9: But how could Chris Brown still on marion career?
Speaker 10: Chris Brown came out as a solo artist in two thousand and five, Well, Mario was still would be too k around that time, right, So Chris Brown, Chris Brown's career is his career on Marion's criz his career. We got to stop thinking that just because one person is winning, somebody else has to lose. That's not how it works in the music, or that they both singing and dancing, that somebody takes somebody's That's how Chris Brown came out singing and dancing.
Speaker 3: That's how people do though like that.
Speaker 7: People are niggas us niggas.
Speaker 3: That's how it is.
Speaker 6: It's it's like if you got one person that's singing, dancing and smoothing all around the stage, another person can't do it too, which.
Speaker 9: Is crazy because that means we could have two or.
Speaker 7: Three or four.
Speaker 11: And even with this situation, so if Jason Lee brought some women to a party and we all decided to talk to maybe she was talking.
Speaker 4: To mar and didn't like lamar and and it was speaking of Chris, like Chris, you know what I mean? So I don't, I don't.
Speaker 7: They weren't dating, they weren't together, they weren't holding hands.
Speaker 6: Even if they were. Though, yeah, let's hear the audio, because he does speak to the Chris Brown part of the conversation.
Speaker 21: I've always looked at CB as like, you know, like like a brother, you know what I mean? Even if it's from a distance, even if you know, I don't agree with some of the things that he says or he does, you know what I'm saying. Like, one thing I do know is is when I see CB, he always showed me respect.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: He always be like, hey, bro, cause I just I seen him down in Vegas for Lovers and Friends and it's been a while since we ran into each other.
Speaker 4: We actually ran into each other and.
Speaker 7: We're able to talk. Yeah, at the same hotel. It was just like, oh, it was still very respectful. And that's all that I asked, you know what I'm saying, like, cause, like I said, I don't forget.
Speaker 6: And I think it's interesting to point out, like even when O Marion posted this, he said something in this caption about like having to get over our own like preconceived notions, and you know, just how we interpret things that other people may do or say or not do or not say, like, you know, something.
Speaker 9: To that effect.
Speaker 6: I think that's important too, because when you are there sometimes it's not people. Sometimes you in your own head about you what people are saying within the comments with you know, all that back and forth and then that creates a friction.
Speaker 9: That that is people though.
Speaker 10: I mean, and that's why I always say it, like, you got to be very careful of social media because you'll get on social media and you'll let social media.
Speaker 9: Dictate your thoughts for you.
Speaker 10: It'll be narratives, it'll be things that you weren't even thinking about that somebody will put in your head and now all of a sudden, you believe it, you know, or other people will believe it. It's like, Yo, the only validation you should care about, the only opinion you should care about is yours. That's why I never I never understand when people get so mad about what folks are saying about them on social media.
Speaker 7: Shouldn't shouldn't you knowing the truth be enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think things compound though, right, Because like, if at that time Amaron didn't feel like his career was where he wanted to be, Chris Brown is doing well, you got everybody around you talking about Chris Brown and basically saying that should be you.
Speaker 3: You have to build up that armor of like now I'm good where I'm at, I'm cool, I'm good over here.
Speaker 6: That takes a little minute. You weren't always you were in the comments and all that at one point.
Speaker 9: I've never cared. And we'll tell you that I ain't never cared about what people say.
Speaker 3: You and lean into stuff that I was playing the game care he never cared.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I like to clear up my stuff, Like if somebody has a notion of something about me, I want to clear it up because I don't like the narrative going around that something that's let's say it's not true, and I want to tell people what the truth is.
Speaker 4: That's that's always been me.
Speaker 6: You're helping me learn because this been sometimes where I'll be like should I and you be like no, We're moving on from that, like you help.
Speaker 7: Only think he ever cleared up his Morris Chess now he don't look nothing like Claire's Mars. First of all.
Speaker 6: First of all, never had to clear that up if he was trying to beef with you, though, like how would you do that?
Speaker 10: Why would we beef when we came off the same assembly line, same assembly line, said himself.
Speaker 6: You come from where like the Walmarts are assembled. He's more like Amazon officials.
Speaker 7: It's not the.
Speaker 3: Walmart target.
Speaker 9: We have to clip.
Speaker 5: Very recently, for the first couple of times, they thought I was Charlottage Charlamage God.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, let me look from this way.
Speaker 6: Anybody speak that one?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 7: So yeah, I think every uh boy headed black dude you know to go to you, right? Did you want just want you to know on demand on Q Yeah, you gotta get you had to turn him around from the back. Turn around. Let me see you from the back looking.
Speaker 3: Like them more's chestnuts.
Speaker 9: Who Jennifer.
Speaker 7: I don't understand why Jennifer had to hate.
Speaker 9: So hard on that moment.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, we're gonna we're gonna move on.
Speaker 6: So to nashe had an intruder at her home. So this is really scary, really really scary. So there was a guy that showed up to her home several times and at this point she is asking for a temporary restraining order because number one, he showed up at her brother's birthday party. There's been some things where he's kind of, you know, been stalkerish online to her.
Speaker 3: He showed up at her house multiple times.
Speaker 6: In one of the times, she actually had to hide in her own home because he tried to get in the home.
Speaker 9: She needs to call Robert Evans learn how to shoot.
Speaker 6: Because because this guy was actually locked up, but he was released because of that. The new rules or laws around like the bells in l A. Yeah, this is scary.
Speaker 9: That's why women need to learn how to shoots.
Speaker 3: Totally agree.
Speaker 6: Even just sitting here talking about this, it is making me feel like i need to get my my triggers together.
Speaker 11: I'm going to all right, Well that is your rumor report, And again shout to Robin Evans for joining us. Of course, she runs the company Chicks with Triggers and tries to teach women how to defend themselves not only would the hand firearms with knives or or their hands as well, and also leslie f and Jones for joining us this morning as well.
Speaker 3: Does Robin teach you how to control your temper too?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everything is strategic, nothing my.
Speaker 3: Fear Like I get that and then homeboy do something.
Speaker 11: Well, she'll teach you, I'm sure, the rules and the laws so to see when you need to use that weapon and when you shouldn't. You just can't be shooting people, yes, just gonna be mad and shooting somebody just because the guy doesn't he just can't shoot him.
Speaker 10: And don't be confused. Robin's background to her her father. You know one of my mentors, Professor Robert Evans. He is a grand master of modern Vjitsu and he's a former NYPD police officer and he's a medical doctor.
Speaker 7: So you know she comes from great pettigals.
Speaker 3: That sounds like therapy, meditation and a twenty two.
Speaker 7: I love all that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, go you kick your ass and talking. He'll be right too. He'll talk you through the trauma he just called.
Speaker 7: And patch you right up, and the talking to give you your stitches all right when we come back.
Speaker 11: We got the People's choice mixes to Breakfast slogan Morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Your mornings will never be the.
Speaker 11: Same morning Everybody's dj NV Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club Salutor Simsimm again.
Speaker 7: Yesterday was her birthday. She had the whole staff late this morning because they were partying with her all night long.
Speaker 3: Did you get invited?
Speaker 9: They know I don't be coming and stuff like that. Why gave a nice gift though?
Speaker 6: You give that My birthday is on November twenty second, for real. Yes, by the way, I am, I'm on the cut Saturday's scripyo. But by the way, I want the people to know my official birthday weekend is happening and all tickets are now sound Bronco Grinding dot Com backslash BGG grinding dot Com backslash BGG Weekend. I'm about to tell y'all. Friday night we are doing Airbrush, a Y two K theme skate party at Millennium Skate World in New Jersey. Saturday, we're going to do a shot and shot. Millennium is in Camden, New Jersey aad Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 6: The Millennium is owned by a black woman and she has been in business for years and we are safe every time we go there, and I don't play about security for myself or for my people. Saturday, we're doing shots and shop at the Space by Bronco Grinding and Women's in Delaware on ninth and tatend.
Speaker 3: Do we not need a ticket for that?
Speaker 6: And Sunday we are having a day party that is the finale, the City is Mine Day Party Finale, which will also happen in Delaware at Apex Lounge in Downtown Women's in Delaware. This is my first time doing the BGG Weekend. We kicking it off in del so we could take it other places. So y'all looking for a reason to come to the first state.
Speaker 7: Hold on, not yo, cam Delaware.
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna cash after Lord birthday. All right, well, I'm sure Delaware and Camden will be out in full.
Speaker 6: Fourth New York could come to and Philly put up Bronco grinding dot com backslash b GG weekend. The tickets are on sell now, early birth tickets too, so that the cheat ones get on. It's only a few of them.
Speaker 11: Okay, true, all right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning, warning everybody, you c n v Charlamagne, de god we are the Breakfast Club now, Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: We got Diana on the line, Deanna, good morning.
Speaker 19: How are you good mornings?
Speaker 7: This is the Breakfast Club. What's happening.
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 7: Happy born day? Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know what, since it's your born day, there's no need to get into all of the things that you know.
Speaker 10: We we're told about you. I will say condolences to your son. I will say that, you know, condolences your son, and I'm always sending you healing in at eat for that, and I hope that you're raising that grandson of yours to the best of your abilities. The girl girl oh cee, Well, well, I hope you're raising your best of your abilities and happy born day again. And uh man, we just want to take care of your Amazon wishless you know, the bouncy house, the ball pitch, the bubble, the fog machines.
Speaker 9: We just want to take care of that for you.
Speaker 7: Is that okay? Can we do that?
Speaker 20: Cares about a communities biggest flaw with the heart of care I heeart work the day of blog throughout communities. So it was right hope lost, so giveless and we will engage and helping uplifting our survivors, bress the I Heartcare system, immunity arials, bit fuss emerging system. Let's build the kinds of support that is free, killing hearts, taking me in the day at the time with I Heart Care and that is well.
Speaker 19: I will have you as mis and now you are like what you doing, you just have right here, so sure that you know that you guys killed and you guys helped to late days to come jisful and love it.
Speaker 9: So some people, well, thank you did well.
Speaker 10: We're wishing you a wonderful holiday season and salute our friends at Amazon, you know, uh, and I'm glad that we.
Speaker 9: Could bless you with this.
Speaker 7: I'm glad we could take care of everything on your wish list.
Speaker 19: Yes, thank you so much, you guys, you have met right there read in New Salon.
Speaker 7: Thank you Deanna. We appreciate you.
Speaker 10: All right, hold on, and you can still upload your Amazon Holiday wishless right now at breakfast club online dot com. So go do that if you want to get blessed the way Dianna just got blessed, all right, And happy birthday to dre Logic out in Miami. What up Logic, Saluthor Logic, Man Logic holds it down for us on the boards in Miami.
Speaker 11: Salutar guy, man, have you born day again? Salute to uh Leslie Jones. Her book Leslie Fing Jones is out right now.
Speaker 7: Go get that.
Speaker 4: And also Robin Evans, CEO of Chicks with Triggers.
Speaker 9: Certified firearm instructor.
Speaker 10: Man and listen, make sure you go check out my man Doug Melville's book, Invisible Generals. It is out right now to everybody that's been getting it all week man Rediscovering family legacy and a quest of honor America's first Black Generals You know, Veterans Day is on eleven eleven, so it is a great gift, you know, to get a veteran man. So saloot to Doug Melville and make sure you go grab Invisible Generals.
Speaker 9: And I also want to.
Speaker 10: Tell y'all to slooting my guy Andrew Shoultz. You know, Andrew his first show with the Garden sold out in ninety minutes.
Speaker 7: Not the theater, that's the garden.
Speaker 6: I thought it when I saw you toasting on shad him, I thought it was the theater part, But it's that's garden.
Speaker 7: Garden.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the Garden with the Knicks play. Andrew sold that out in ninety minutes.
Speaker 10: He has a second show that went on sale yesterday and that's almost sold out.
Speaker 9: So go get your tickets right now for Andrew Scholtz's second show at Madison Square Garden. Not the theater, the garden, Garden, right, okay, sooth to my guy shows and uh listen positive note. Everything God is doing in you and through you right now is in perfect preparation for the future that only God can see.
Speaker 7: Remember that breakfast club, bitches, you don't finish or y'all done