Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanta way back home? Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a termino and gay.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off in start. You wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about it. We scared her?
Speaker 1: Was it fine? Malborn?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need you ride?
Speaker 1: Ride? Do you need with Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 3: And this is Karen Kilgaraff.
Speaker 1: Hello, my friend Karen. I feel like I haven't seen you in a very long time.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen each other. You're out in Montana right. We had we had separate COVID experiences for the longest time.
Speaker 1: I was bragging that I was invincible, and UH bragging about the email I got where a lab actually wanted UH to get hold of my blood to see why.
Speaker 3: I tell you that wasn't real.
Speaker 1: It was. It was real. I had because I'd gotten all of these texts that said, hey, another person you were in contact with has COVID, and I had always brushed it off. But this time, because I was traveling and it said the state of walking, I was like, oh, there had to be someone on the plane. Sure enough, I had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you got it the same thing I went. I went to Hawaii on vacation. We're all kidding ourselves at this thing is winding down or it's like it's like a long party and it's three am. It's not it's seven pm. We're at the beginning of this monster. And I was in a group of people. It was like five families in Hawaii, and then the bigger part of the group went home after fourth of July, and then there was I think six of us left. Two of us got it while we were still there, and two got it on the flight home, Like started getting sick on the flight home. And this one is nasty, Like I think it's way more what do you call it gets around faster?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very very contagious.
Speaker 3: Marked contagious than yes, but mild.
Speaker 1: Right, you just had a.
Speaker 3: Little favor, you know what it was?
Speaker 1: Did you get me? I'm like Irash a PASTRAMI like Erash that continues to insist on being present. No, I gotta it's good it's jumping to the other eye. It's a crossed the bridge of my nose and.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, that's pink eye. You've been borrowing mascara. I told you the rule about that.
Speaker 1: I have not packed my fart pillow.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you're going to use a fart pillow, then you need a separate eye pillow.
Speaker 1: I just every kid has a blankie, and I tried to launch this fart pillow business.
Speaker 3: And it's my only symptom that was really weird.
Speaker 2: Everything else felt like it was when people say it was just like the flu or whatever and kind of low key and not. You know, in the very beginning, I was like out for three days, like didn't get out of bed to barely open my eyes.
Speaker 3: Then I was okay for a while. Then I kind of had to go back.
Speaker 2: To bed for a while in it, like on day eight, and then I was in bed for five more days. And then now I'm up and showering like normal people.
Speaker 1: You know what I really eat. I've never complained about sleep. I think it's terrific, and it was providing more of that for me, So I really have no complaints. Not to shove it in everyone's face. So lost loved ones or.
Speaker 3: To make light of that. No, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. That's why I said not to do that.
Speaker 3: That's what great.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm reiterating that that's not what I was doing at all. I never would do that. You know me, Karen, No, I do know you. But again, I had a great time with it.
Speaker 2: Chris, separate from COVID because I want to make sure that any new listeners know this is not a COVID podcast. Your new glasses and your mustache go together really well.
Speaker 1: I yes, as you know, I asked for the Michael Douglas falling down frames which you which you explained to me were horn rims and I said, no, that's from a Far Side cartoon. But you were right. I googled it. These are classic horn rim glasses. Classic. I have to come up to the point. No, that's cat I yeah, that's Catie horn rims. Ah the yeah and yeah with the mustache. It's just a very corduroy elbow patch college professor vibe that I like to bring to places where most people are younger than me.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's for the youngsters. This is what it was like in the eighties. This face Chris has and the vibe which is toned down, not boring, but like palatable. It's everything's earth tones. There's no brand names on anything. There's a lot of wood paneling. Everything's going to be fine. You'll get your don't worry, you'll get your chicken, rice and broccoli later. Like everything's handled. It's the early eighties. I'm handling it, dad.
Speaker 1: Look exactly. And during my lectures you're going to get mostly ninety nine percent information, but every hour there's going to be a hell of a joke. Oh yeah, the fun. The professor a good old one. And uh, before we bring on our guests, which I'm very excited to have our guests, me to say he's one of my favorite people. He's got to call. I say, that's a lot. But he's someone that brings me at ease and is calming and uh and I don't worry when I'm around him.
Speaker 3: Like your fart pillow.
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah. Yeah. I don't know why I brought that treachery into my life and why I travel with it. Uh, but uh, I uh just want you to know, because just to make up for all the times I bored you with the topic. I did win my golf tournament.
Speaker 3: Whoa, yeah amazing.
Speaker 1: I won the Big Sky Big Brothers and Big Sisters golf tournament. What there were prarazy? There were professionals on other teams.
Speaker 2: Karen, okay, we need our You started the intro to the guest, and now you're going into a personal sports story.
Speaker 3: I can't have it right.
Speaker 1: Right, I know, And I was gonna look at me. I was going to brag for like ten minutes here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go back. I can tell that full.
Speaker 1: I just wanted you to know. And that's the last.
Speaker 3: No, no, we can talk about it. Let let him be here for it.
Speaker 1: Our guest today is very funny, comic, a very sweet person, a very aggressively good skateboarder. A lot of people don't know that about him. He's very good at skateboarding. Did you know that.
Speaker 3: Karen shreds the cube, gleams the cube.
Speaker 1: He gleams it after it's been shredded, because he wants to bring back that gloss, that high gloss that it started before he demolished it with his skills. He's got a great podcast called podcast but outside yep, everyone put your hands together for Andrew.
Speaker 4: Mashan yes, hello, welcome, Thank you for having me. Of course, sorry that I have so many thoughts on everything that's been discussed, so I guess I'll just take it point by point. Okay, First of all, Chris's new glasses and mustache looks great. But I do have to say, you do look like a disguise that Philip Jennings would use on the Americans.
Speaker 1: Because it's exactly what you look like. Well, I'm in my hometown and you know, there's a lot of people that I haven't seen for a while, and when I have all these new conversations how you've been over the last twenty years. So I do wear disguise when it looks like it is in a good way. Though it looks like a good disguise. I like it.
Speaker 4: I look it about the golf tournament, congratulations and we don't believe you, and no one did.
Speaker 1: No one did. It was a point of contention. A lot of people thought I was lying.
Speaker 3: It's a great lie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the perfect libe. And then about COVID. You know, I've actually been waiting two and a half years. This is the first time I've ever talked to anyone about COVID, So This is very exciting for me.
Speaker 1: I haven't talked about it yet.
Speaker 4: I've been kind of waiting to make up my mind, kind of assessing all the information, being like, I don't want to speak on a turn. I want to make sure I understand exactly where we're at with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fresh new topic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, everyone who hasn't gotten it is certainly getting it now. And that's it seems to Did.
Speaker 3: You already have it?
Speaker 1: I did have it.
Speaker 4: I did have it in December, and I do feel like I'm still somehow protected because I've had Chris level of like, you know, I had therapy last Tuesday in person two days later.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, I'm positive and I'm fine now.
Speaker 4: So I think it's just I'm still somewhat protected to a certain degree, or I'm just lucky.
Speaker 1: Who knows. Was it better help online therapy? No? It was, well, it was better help, but it was in prison. Oh really? Oh yeah, of course. Yeah. I went to the headquarters.
Speaker 4: It was more me banging on the door and a security guard tacked me out, but it was very.
Speaker 2: Therapeutic, crying, trying to talk about your dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, this isn't even listed. This address. How do you find this place?
Speaker 1: That would be funny if you never actually made it to a therapist. You just did therapy with that security guard. Yeah, he's a really cool guy.
Speaker 3: Such a good listener, such a cool guy.
Speaker 4: And then what's next because I already kind of demolished everything we talked about.
Speaker 2: No, I think you went. I think three picking three points is clean.
Speaker 1: And one other thing is that he's going to add one one more.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I know it's not as clean, but I actually feel like I'm maybe the closest you've had in a while on this podcast to fitting the theme, because I was actually at the airport less than two hours ago, so I very recently needed a ride, which.
Speaker 1: Is kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which airport?
Speaker 4: I don't want to dox myself. Yeah, I can't answer that. I do not want people know which airport I fly. Okay, it was Fairbank.
Speaker 1: It was Burbank. No a lot of us because it seems like you're bragging. Like you're bragging. I know, I know you're a Burbank guy. Yea, when not can? When I can?
Speaker 3: That was funny.
Speaker 2: That is exciting to me because I do miss the theme and I do miss the legitimacy of what this podcast and that you know you are an appreciator of original concept podcast yourself.
Speaker 3: I love I've told you before, but I love your podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny, especially in the beginning when you guys would like I would listen to it, but it would also stress me out because I hated the idea that you guys were exposed to. Like remember that time you I think you were in Westwood and then there was those bros that got insanely agro and they were really dumb. Yeah, and they thought they were being so funny, and it was like I just had that like weird stage mother tension where I'm just like, oh, they have to talk to whoever's gonna end in La the weirdest people want to get on mic, Like it's so scary, but it's like the Then the last clip I saw you had the star of the TV show The Boys.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Jack Quaid. Yeah he was great.
Speaker 3: That was I was like, did he happen by her? Are you friends with no?
Speaker 5: He?
Speaker 4: Just for those who don't know my podcast podcast, but outside we just talked to strangers on the streets. We just have a table on the sidewalk people walk by and sit down, so that's why, and you pay them scared for me, we do pay them one dollar.
Speaker 1: We're very up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're truly and legitimately sitting outside just and if you want to walk up, you can start talking, which is risky.
Speaker 1: It's risky.
Speaker 4: But what I like about it is that it really just democratizes the whole podcast enterprise in a way where it's like, truly, anyone who wants to sit down can, There's no barrier. Like our show is incredibly diverse in a way that is actually really natural and fun and like in terms of like you know, racial stuff and age and experience and job. Just like every type of person who could possibly have something to say is able to sit down and talk to us. Sometimes we do invite folks on and Jack Quaid to just sometimes we just see like, oh, why is this famous person following us on Instagram?
Speaker 1: I just damned him, and it's like, hey, do you want to do our show? He's like, yeah, I'd love to. So that's how that happens. Oh wow, that's terrific. But then did he pretend to be walking by and happen.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, we like plan we did have. We had John ham one, so yeah, we didn't have to pretend to walk by. But yeah, it's because I was an ongoing thing. But no, thank you for the compliments that it really means a lot. I love your Guys' show and your stuff independently, and we have skateboarding. You know, Chris and I met at this point twelve thirteen years ago, skateboarding in Portland, a long time ago.
Speaker 1: You came on your bike. It's like, oh, let me show this kid the ropes, and you're amazingly good at skateboarding, which I never do anymore. I think you probably skateboarding, I know, but you're one of these people that when you do skate every six months, you just are. You don't even need to warm up, You're just able to do it. That is something that impresses me. Thank you. I have the muscle memory.
Speaker 4: But I'm at a point in my life and maybe you're at this too, where I'm like, oh, I never I don't. I'm not going to learn anything or ever be better than I was. I'm just going to get slowly worse. So I kind of barely do it.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, you've got to learn little thing I've learned, little low impact, Yeah, little curb tracks. There's little things you can learn and it feels like you're progressing and yeah you.
Speaker 4: Have you, Karen, learned any skateboard tricks recently or are you kind of at the same level?
Speaker 2: You know, I just I'm still working on my Allie, don't come at me with skateboard shit, because I'll I will bring the force of the frustrated girl. In the eighties when skateboarding became so cool and so but it was still so underground. So we would literally walk after school down to the theater downtown, which is where the four skateboarders in my town would skateboard because I think there was a real good curb in there, and we would just kind of hide. We'd hide around the corner and watch them like total weirdos.
Speaker 1: You weren't even their friends. You were like in the true background.
Speaker 2: We were private school girls stalkers, and they were public school boy punk rockers, so they were like scary where like maybe they're doing intervenous drugs, who knows what's happening.
Speaker 1: It looked like them go.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I feel like the next generation of skateboarders your type were actually hanging out as friends. Like it was like the girls at the skatepark was like the next iteration of that situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that was a more of a nineties thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah exactly, Yeah, where.
Speaker 2: Like boys and girls can get along, where I was still back in the like there were there might be violence or some or just.
Speaker 1: Perceived we better just watch from this bush, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Super weirdo, or sit in a cafe and for tend like we're reading something, but we're actually there because it's the cafe next to the theater where they skate.
Speaker 4: What's funny is those boys probably had a complex of like we're skaters and no girls will ever like us because we're losers or whatever, and then you're actually secretly watching.
Speaker 1: It's very very like.
Speaker 2: Yeah they had fans and actually I may have I bet you I've told the story before.
Speaker 3: But there was a cat that kept showing up at my parents.
Speaker 1: House, like a guy that like jazz? What like a guy that like jazz? A cat there to talk? You have to talk about?
Speaker 3: Is this the point of the story. No, there was an actual cat. She would come and be in our house. Okay, Like I'm started using jazz lingo.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been that long, but she kept showing up at her house and when we called the phone number on her tag, they came to pick her up the first time, and it was one of those boys. His name was Eric Lee, and he was a good skateboarder and kind of he wasn't punk as much as he was just like he wasn't preppy, and so in my town it was like, what are you doing. Oh my god, you're breaking all the rules. And I just thought he was super dreamy. And it was this thing where it's like, oh, here's your cat, and it was like he came to my door. It was like unbelievable. I couldn't And then literally she showed up like four more times, and on the fourth time they were like, you should just keep that cat. She she wants to live at your house. And then she was our cat for like ten more years. H She stated a weird.
Speaker 1: Way of getting closer to one of the Pedalouma curb dogs that's what I call their group of four.
Speaker 5: Now you ended up adopting one of their cats. Yeah, like the cat adopted us.
Speaker 3: It was not.
Speaker 2: She just came and was like I live here now, and I'm you can bring me back to the old house, but I'm going to find my way back to the new house.
Speaker 4: That is such a weird that's such a weird and specific way to get close to your crush.
Speaker 1: That's probably not what you were anticipating. It's like getting this.
Speaker 3: Cat, I couldn't have planned it.
Speaker 2: Better to be like, I will take your cat, and you will show up at my house and you will you will have a two word conversation.
Speaker 3: It will happen.
Speaker 2: But then that's the same cat that when she finally she started, when she got really old, she started doing weird like kind of seisury like flicking, and she did all this weird stuff and then she bite you really fast, like something's going on neurologically, and it got so bad that and this was by the time. By this time, my sister and I had moved out and gone to college. And so my mom, who was a registered nurse, was like, she's clearly suffering. And she was like, but I don't want to take her to put her down and have to spend like fis fifteen hundred dollars. And so she went to work and told someone at work at Kaiser and they're like, oh, just take some pill that people take, and it's like, just go give her three of those and it'll kill the cat and then you'll be fine.
Speaker 3: And so she does this, right, it's so crazy she does it.
Speaker 2: She grinds up these pills, puts it in the cat's food, watches pets the cat as she eats her final meal. The cat kind of hangs out for a little, then looks like she's getting tired or whatever, goes outside. My mom watches her as she walks down and goes onto the little lawn and sits that lays down, and my mom's like here she goes. My mom starts crying, and then she's like trying to figure out, like, oh, now I have to either figure out a way to bury her, like you know, and she starts kind of trying to make a plan, and then she starts doing other things. She gets kind of distracted, sits down on the couch. The cat jumps up on the couch next to her.
Speaker 1: Purr.
Speaker 2: The cat did not die, didn't take it didn't die, and then it.
Speaker 3: Lived for like three years after that.
Speaker 2: And then she felt so guilty and terrible that she was like this this cat, I will have nothing to do with this cat's death.
Speaker 1: Going forward, she accidentally had ground up steroids. The cat came back very muscular, filled with energy, with a vengeance. Yeah, it's that is my biggest fear, in a very scary way. I was cat sitting once in Austin and this cat, she said, had had leukemia for like twelve years. And of course while I was cat sitting, this cat died, and so I. The woman's brother's number was on the fridge just for this purpose, I called him. I wrapped the cat in a blanket. I started digging a hole in the back yard, and then the cat had this burst of life and ran out from under the blanket, and it was terrifying, just pet sanitary. Cat came back to life. Had been dead for like ten minutes or playing dead, I'll never know. Anyway, the cat did a actually die. All my stories end up real funny. Sorry, I just.
Speaker 2: Love that we have a mutual fake dead cat story that we have not stumbled upon in all these years and all of our cat stories.
Speaker 1: I know, I didn't have fun that cat stories are just kind of waiting in the wings. Yeah, you find that it is funny, I do think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is a danger of any funny story about any animal from more than ten years ago, because you're like, oh, but now it actually is dead no matter what it's like the story, of course, but eventually it's.
Speaker 1: Inevitable bad news. Now, how old is spin it? Well, I have two dogs.
Speaker 4: Actually I did have a cat who did unfortunately die, but well as far as I know, unless unless it's doing a real long con like eight months later.
Speaker 1: But I had him for twelve years. He was a great cat.
Speaker 4: And actually just got a tattoo of my of my dog's Spinach's face, like three days ago. That's it, Okay, Well, I guess it requires a little bit of explanation. So twelve, like thirteen years ago, I got a tattoo of my cat's face, which he looks like that around.
Speaker 1: A Christmas and a wreath like photos. It's very absurd.
Speaker 4: And then and then so I got a tattoo of my dog like two years ago, my dog Bluetooth, so he looks like that and it's like the succulent succulent wreath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's holiday theme.
Speaker 4: And then I have another dog, Spinach, so I feel like I had to get a tattoo of her face.
Speaker 1: So I don't. This is just like two days ago.
Speaker 4: I knew what the upper thigh because only the thigh and it's got like vegetables around it.
Speaker 1: You can see. Yes, it's just that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't even really like tattoos that much, but I do have these ones.
Speaker 3: You don't like tattoos that much, but you love your pets.
Speaker 4: I love my pets. That's what it matters. And I think I'm done no matter if any any future pet, I'm just gonna right now apologize. I'm not going to get your face tattooed on my body. I've done with this journey.
Speaker 2: Or you can get so many pets that you have through leaves, both arms, boke legs too much.
Speaker 1: I mean, after you go high upper inner thigh.
Speaker 4: Can you get a better location? It's not inner, by the way, I just have to No, it's in frontal frontal thigh. It's above the genital adjacent. Very interesting place.
Speaker 3: He loves that dog.
Speaker 1: And if I'm not mistaken, the eyes were kind of glancing up at at your.
Speaker 2: And there was like a little talking bubble that said this is where the fund's at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was put up.
Speaker 2: I stole that from that was my friend Don Frasier's joke. She used to always say that she was going to get a tattoo of a little guy on her like basically right next to her genitals, and the guy would be pointing and going, this is where the funds at.
Speaker 1: I just had an idea. By the way, this is just a thought.
Speaker 4: Is it possible to just have a genital? Just one something to think about? Like, this is my genital? Because everyone says genitals, but this is just my genital.
Speaker 3: You had like if a woman had, say one ovary removed, it.
Speaker 1: Just has a right. Well, I understand guys saying it because there's a whole mess of stuff down there that we don't even need to talk about. But it should be genital singular, right, Yeah, it's not like we you know, got hmmm.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if it's the exterior and the interior.
Speaker 1: It's a whole situation.
Speaker 3: They're trying to reference the area.
Speaker 1: But if you take a p but if you take a picture of it, that is only the exterior, right, So that's just the genital.
Speaker 3: Do you do you when you sext? People go this is my.
Speaker 1: Genital, Well genital, I say, this is my genital for reference. Yeah, I maybe the the funniest part. I watched Ghost Family, that show you made, and my favorite part is after your family dies, you you look at your phone and you see the dick pic. Your dad sayt you, Yeah, that's insane. That really got me, and then you start crying that it was an emotional That is a memory, a pilot I made years ago, thank you for a company, and then it was on your shirt. Yeah. I like to remind you of things that you thought up. Yeah, things that I didn't even really like at the time, but that was forced on it. I love it. I love it. I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: Appreciated to do, like a joke congratulations on a podcast where you're just like, I observe this joke.
Speaker 3: You did it. You might not appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I certainly can't think of, you know, an owl without thinking of your joke about college owl guys with the hats on and did they go to the school or whatever.
Speaker 1: So there goes class a joke I was. I was once proud of that. It just doesn't work anymore. It's not that I don't like it anymore. I just tell it, and it's Uh, these kids these days, grew up with different scholastic readers, and apparently owls with graduation hats and monofoles are no longer owls or no one knows what I'm talking about it. Yeah, that's just a seventies thing, you so, But that's one thing I'm good at on this podcast. It's bringing up jokes that comedians did no longer want to talk about it thinking about Jeffrey episode. Oh that's my least favorite thing. Thank you for bringing it up.
Speaker 4: Have you talked about Hawaii a lot already on the show, Karen, Did you have a good trip otherwise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is actually.
Speaker 2: The first, and I'm sorry because we had to cancel the last I have canceled due to COVID personal restrictions, the restriction of me not being able to get up. I was just like, I cannot have a conversation. I couldn't think. But I also I just could not get off, like out of bed or off the couch.
Speaker 3: I was just like, who cares?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do have to say, you're on the couch now, so.
Speaker 2: I can be sitting on it, but most of the time I'm laying. Yeah, that's how I enjoyed. It's beautiful it's kind of a been a recent tradition, family tradition to go there for Fourth of July. And it's Kawhi, which I've only been to three islands, but it's my favorite. And there's just the you know, Hanolai Beach is the greatest, and it's so the whole thing is just like the best vacation. It's like such a even though I'm so not like a beach person or like a whatever, but I the feeling of like being in that water and being able to look at that those mountains and stuff, it's just like the best. But then so it was the best for like five days. Then COVID and it was fucking just a kind of general nightmare where like people were trying to make these decisions of what to do and who should go where, and it all was like it just sucked. And and when I got back I realized that, Like I got back and then like a day later, we had some kind of a call for work for exactly right, and then I was just.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, but I didn't really get a vacation.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, that doesn't count if you get sick in the middle. I was planning on like eight days of fun and sun or whatever, and then it just got.
Speaker 1: I started mine from scratch. I stayed in Montana a little longer just because I'm going to I had to write off that first week and a half. Yeah, did you snorkel Know?
Speaker 2: What we like to do is go out into the water and we just get past like the first maybe the second wave, and then we just stand there and oftentimes people will bring like a white claw or some kind of beverage out with them, and then we just stand there and gossip and it's really hilarious. It's like my favorite thing to do because it's now it's me, my sister, my sister's friend, Adrian, her daughter, my niece, Like, there's a whole group of people, so we all just kind of bullshit and stay like just kind of plant in the actual ocean.
Speaker 3: It's very therapeutic and all.
Speaker 1: Times, yeah, out in the ocean, it's the only safe place to talk about other people.
Speaker 2: You need a little just since we don't usually talk about the people we're with. But you know, it's also just a kind of a good like, Okay, now we're all here, we can all relax. Everyone's got a little a light buzz going now. Let's fucking hear it. Now, let's hear what's really going on. And that's also where I get lots of like info out of my knees because you know, she's fifteen, so she's not going to be like blah blah blah on the phone. But get her out in the ocean. Suddenly the everybody's got a story to tell.
Speaker 1: It's truth water. That's what I call the ocean, it really is. Are you still surfing, Andrew?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I surf, I sir, if you've never you don't do it right, you like try to turn for you. I've done it fifty times, but it's I know it's I'm not good at it. Yeah, you got We got to get you out there, brother, We got to get.
Speaker 3: You to win the Boys and Girls Surf competition.
Speaker 1: Big Brothers Sorry, Big Brothers Competition, Boys and Girls.
Speaker 3: Wait, Andrew, have you ever been sponsored for any of these?
Speaker 4: When I was a teenager, when I was very I was sponsored as a skateboarder, but I was just would like. It wasn't like a money sponsorship. I just got free skateboards from some company for like a couple of years. But I was never I was never good enough to like do it professionally. It was just I was decent for a teenager.
Speaker 1: Oh you at a backyard ramp? Right when I was in college, I built a big skate park in my backyard. Yeah, I remember. I remembered watching. Yeah, yeah, it was on MySpace or something.
Speaker 3: What city was that?
Speaker 4: This is in Portland, Oregon actually not too far from where Chris is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just there yesterday actually for doing some shows, and I'd love to plug them actually because I wish more people had come out.
Speaker 1: So could I plug those shows? Of course?
Speaker 4: Okay, so the fact, yeah, they were Monday till twenty six and the first show was pretty good, pretty packed.
Speaker 1: Second show could have been a few more people. So if you guys could come out, that'd be great. Yeah. Yeah, if you could retro actively get tickets to that, it would really help out.
Speaker 3: It would really like a guilt plug.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh, actually I messed up. Sorry money July twenty fifth. Maybe that's why because I said the wrong day. Maybe that's why.
Speaker 1: Weekend at it that at that. Yeah. Cool, you don't want people putting the wrong date into their time. Yeah, so let's.
Speaker 3: Just make sure what club was it in Portland?
Speaker 4: I was just at Siren Theater, which is like a cool little downtown theaters.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, it was fun, It was fun. It was just the other night I was at the Alberta Rose, which has yet to happen. By the time that airs, it will be over. And was it as crouded as you wanted it to be. Oh, yeah, we'll see, but I think I'll probably be Yeah, I'm disappointed.
Speaker 3: He'll be disappointed. Yeah, he'll find it good.
Speaker 1: You can always find that inside. You haven't toured in a long time, right.
Speaker 2: Kurrn No, No, Well, for the podcast, we were supposed to have a tour starting last October, but that's been so covided away that we were just like, yeah, let's put a hold on that until at least until monkey Parks gets addressed in some sort of meaningful way, like yeah, there's I just saw an article that was like there's an new one coming after monkey Pocks where they're like, how serious is the blah blah blah virus? Where I was like and I almost took a picture to send to be like yes, so should we ever do anything normally again?
Speaker 3: Like we live in our houses now and work from our house.
Speaker 1: Isn't it right, It's just I'm just gonna do a tour of wet markets. Beautiful just goes straight for it.
Speaker 3: I have a storm. Just get in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Edge the Patient, the Patient zero tour, Christoperings Patient zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, get in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's been a while. I mean I love that people are still doing it, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just do you miss do you miss that lifestyle? I know it's a difficult one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. I could do it forever and that have that be the only thing I do.
Speaker 2: And it would be like for and especially for for my favorite murdered live shows, like they're so crazy fun and so.
Speaker 3: Best case scenario of doing a live show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard I've heard some of them, and everyone seems really just like thrilled to be near you, and the energy is really cool, and you guys do a great til nuts.
Speaker 2: You riff half a joke and people are like the best thing I've ever heard where you're just like if this was a comedy club, I would be eating it royally and you and it's so it's like I mean I told my age and that too is just like no that I'll do this forever.
Speaker 3: Georgia doesn't love it. It's not her.
Speaker 2: She had no experience doing it, so she's like this sucks, and I was like, this is best case, but she just meant like the travel and you know, like she just wasn't used to being in a different city.
Speaker 1: All three. It's a hard life to whole. It's very difficul.
Speaker 4: My podcast, we do a live show and it's my favorite thing that we do as well, and I love it and it's really exciting. And my co host feels similarly where he loves it and does a good job, but is like, this isn't you know he didn't sign.
Speaker 1: Up for being a live performer to the degree that I and you did.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, well, because I think I think comics. When you come up through it, then you have like this serious appreciation for when it's not truly awful, like you understand there's a real floor and ceiling where I think if you come in kind of in the middle, you're like, oh, well that I had to wait so long for my flight or whatever thing that you're just like, oh, that's nothing compared to when people stare you down and hate your fucking ideas, Like the flight is nothing. When you're being creatively negated. So this idea, like I just think it's for I love live performance more than anything. Yeah, that's the one thing, Like that's the reason I'm in any of this. And so that payoff was always so amazingly energizing to me and so rewarding, and it made me feel like I like, it's that kind of thing where when you're having a great set, so you start riffing within it because you know you have like you know, you have so much buffer, like, oh now I have five great jokes waiting. It's not like you're blazing through whatever. Like it's that kind of feeling where suddenly you're like I just say anything and it's all working and it's like it's all your it. I should say my own mental attitude, because I used to get on stage and just be like this sucks. I hate them, hate me. It's a fight, and it like it wasn't but that's how I had to make it in my head. So right right, just really appreciate I appreciate being appreciated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then also like doing a job that is so you know, private in a way, like a podcast, doing a podcast and being like you know, putting your stuff out there, like to see the feedback by the people in the room who have listened to all of it and who like connect with you based on that. It just makes it all feel worth it and real in a way that is quite impactful.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 2: It's well, it's like they've already done all of their homework, so you don't have to sit there being like, hey, so my dad's Irish and my mom's Italian, Like there's no get to know me bullshit at all. They know you better than you know yourself, so you got the benefit of the doubt. They're just happy. And also so because they're podcast listeners, it's not a comedy audience, so they're not like arms crossed, prove it to me, I love John Mlaney or whatever, you know what I mean. It's more of like they're just like, yay, we're all here together.
Speaker 1: I love you, as opposed to I dare you to make me laugh yes.
Speaker 3: Which is very opposite vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, cool, cool.
Speaker 4: Well I hope you get out there again, you know, as soon as there's no sickness ever in the world again.
Speaker 1: As soon as that.
Speaker 2: Happens, we're gonna wait, We're gonna till all the viruses are clear.
Speaker 1: You should you know what you should do.
Speaker 4: You should wait until there's a week of no deaths at all, until it's the same number of people on the planet for a week.
Speaker 3: Put that in. Can you please let me know, hey, let me know.
Speaker 1: Dies? What if?
Speaker 3: I wonder if there's ever been like, was there a day where no one dies?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: That sounds like for once, sounds like a sci fi movie or something like they're like, all of a sudden, people are not dying and we don't know.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna do, yeh. And then the next day it's like, oh, never mind about the people died today. It was just one day, double died today. So it's roll credits.
Speaker 3: That's that's what it'd be like if we wrote sci fi.
Speaker 2: It's like setting up this unbelievable premise and it's like, oh, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Now, chance there was no reason. It wasn't aliens or anything etherical. It was just a yeah, no one died that day.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I just saw an article.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get your guys opinion about this because it's a it's a subject that actually really matters to me a lot, and it's the fact that they found fossils that prove that the Lockness Monster could be real.
Speaker 3: Did you hear about this?
Speaker 1: No, it's not a sturgeon. No.
Speaker 2: Well, they're saying they found pleosaur fossils somewhere, and then the the article ended with them saying, not like they found them in Scotland or anything, but it was like something like that. But what do you guys think about this idea that the Lockness Monster could be real? Take all the time you need, because we'll edit it out.
Speaker 1: I wish that that excite. It's the same as when someone brings up a sasquatch or bigfoot, whichever you want to call, whichever slang you want to use. I don't care either way, what's wrong, valid, valid? I just don't care if there's a bigfoot or if there is not a bigfoot. Okay, I am. It doesn't affect me in any way, shape or I'm not trying to be negative.
Speaker 3: No, I want you to be honest.
Speaker 4: I'm incredibly into the Lockness Monster and it's really it's really offensive, Chris that you compared to the sasquatch offends me really really watch.
Speaker 1: You want mythical creature arguments on this podcast, there.
Speaker 3: Is a cryptid podcast what we're doing.
Speaker 4: I do like the idea of someone who's like really into lockness and then really like sasquatch. Yeah right, like really into one, but think the other is like way too far, No fucking way, a guy.
Speaker 2: In the woo that's like that be realistic, the lock nest monsters real be realistic.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what is it? It's a dinosaur or no, its something different? That is what was found.
Speaker 2: I gotta say the way I read articles, I'm not sure, like like I saw the picture, I saw the yeah sentences.
Speaker 1: To be fair, you didn't say in the beginning, you didn't say you read the article. You did say you saw the artist saw the article.
Speaker 3: That's the most accurate they interacted.
Speaker 1: That's for twenty years I've seen books. Also, Yes, yes, exactly, Christin Passing.
Speaker 3: Didn't really absorb detail because you know what, I'm not that interested in dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, opening Once it clips into dinosaurs, I get bored.
Speaker 3: Did you try?
Speaker 2: Did you watch the dinosaur? They had Attenborough narrate the dinosaur thing that was on I think it was on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I did see I did see a billboard for that, which counts. So I did actually see a billboard for that? Yeah, yeh, which is very similar to watch ye just like reading an article. Yeah, I saw the billboard. Yeah he was. He did a great job, David Attenburgh and that he was really good.
Speaker 3: He's thinking, he's a really good narrator, he's a classic.
Speaker 1: I could see him reading the billboard in my in my mind's eye.
Speaker 2: But that show made me realize how much I don't care about dinosaurs because I wasn't a young boy in the nineties, and when I was growing up, no one cared about dinosaurs. It was like a weird There would be maybe one distant cousin that you would have, but it wasn't a thing that came later for later kids. But once I was watching this show because I was like, oh, yeah, this seems like something to pass the time, and the second it started, I was just like, Yeah, this isn't real and I don't care, Like I don't know, you know what I mean, They're not They made it like it was a current Nature documentary, when in fact it was all CG.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: Real, Andrew, something you need to know about. Both Karen and I we believe dinosaur bones were planted to test our faith in the Lord Jesus and has been. It seems like you haven't be tested because she's not into them at all. He actually, yeah, I mean, all glance at a billboard, but you're not going to pull me into your ring of lies. You know, Attenborough and Jurassic all those people, No offense, Steven.
Speaker 4: I actually believe that dinosaur bones were placed by the devil for us to use as instruments to make music with. Yeah, Winston, Yeah, I mean yeah, I think that the devil place here to tempt us.
Speaker 2: With the sound of the It's a lot of xylophone music, but it's still really good.
Speaker 1: It's still fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I played the electric stand up femur. It's to explain it's a pterodactyl that runs on a treadmill under my sink. That's cool.
Speaker 4: Do you think, Karen, do you think you care less about dinosaurs because you're more into like, I don't know, like there's something about dinosaurs where it's like humans weren't around. Is that part of like it's they're not they're less part of the story.
Speaker 1: Is that part of it?
Speaker 3: Yep? I think you're right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so long ago that when they talk about how long ago it was that they were here, You're it's the same thing as like looking at those new the new it's not hubbled with the new tell yes, where you're just and they're like, this is thirteen million years away or whatever, where you're just like, okay, don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And and prior to looking at that one photo or I just saw it in passing, I would say I didn't care, but I really was impressed with that, So of course I'm interested in that. Can I say that I'm interesting?
Speaker 4: I gotta, I gotta come out and just say, I mean, the photo was cool, But was it categorically different than everything we've seen for a while.
Speaker 1: It didn't seem much different to me. There was starbursts in these stars that were in our galaxy. That was interesting, but anything without a starburst was another galaxy. I found that. Okay, those are rules I can follow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was some good information that other people who understood the value of the picture shared social media wise.
Speaker 3: But you're right, it looked exactly like the other one.
Speaker 2: Like you couldn't when it was like, no, this one is from deep space, You're like, gotta trust you on that. Like every other goddamn thing, I have to trust you on this because you could literally be like, no, that's the Whirlpool logo and I'd be like, got me, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a photo put through some star filter. Yes.
Speaker 2: And also it's just it doesn't hit me what it means. If that makes sense, I can't look at it and get the sense of what's happening, so it doesn't. I can value it if I read the sentences underneath, but it doesn't hit me of like, oh, that's really far away, really clear, and those are like when it says all those things you see are universes, I'm like, yeah, I don't know what that means. If you said they're all planet Earth, maybe I would get it a little bit.
Speaker 3: But it's too large.
Speaker 4: I think our brains were not meant to comprehend space, and anyone who claims that they do comprehend it is lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also like when people talk about that all of this is a simulation, which is like a physics thing that they discuss a lot, whether or not what we're living is is it a simulation? And they I worked on a time travel show once where they brought in a physicist to talk to us about if there was time travel, like here's the rules you guys should remember when you're writing this. And then at one point he asked us if there's any questions, and everyone had the same question, which is do you think we're living in a simulation? And his answer was it doesn't matter, and I was like, thank you, that's what That's what I'm talking about. Where it's like all of these things can be they can mean stuff to the people who understand whatever, but to me, yeah, like if I'm in a simulation, I'm in it, so I don't know, and I can think about it, but it I'll never know because I'm in it.
Speaker 1: I did, Yeah, exactly. It's that is the best answer. It doesn't matter because this is reality to yeah, and it isn't the matrix. You're not going to get unplugged and all of a sudden being a sweaty laboratory and it like that.
Speaker 2: Those topics make me think of like being nineteen and getting way too high and then thinking about something until I like make myself throw up.
Speaker 3: Like it's like we don't need of all the shit that's going on. We don't need it.
Speaker 2: Like it's nice that we can take pictures of out our space. Hey, everybody, there's Nazis on the street. Like Nazis have made a comeback. Can we fix that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was kind of the point I was going to. It's hard for me to quit thinking about that long enough to care about sask Watch. It's like, there's a lot of stuff that's right in front of me that scares the hell out of me. That's very real that I'm trying to wrap my mind around. I'm sorry that I can't suspend that and go into a fantasy world where I'm worried about whether or not that's a guy in a furry suit.
Speaker 3: But I just have to tell you, Sasquatch is not a danger to humans, So.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be scared unless you run towards them, unless you litter at your camp's higne, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you don't think that fires are a danger to the forest, that's right. Oh, I'm confusing him with Smoky the Bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's kind of very similar.
Speaker 1: Same guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what cryptid do you believe in? Andrew? Yeah, if there is a cult or do you say none of that. I'm a realist, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Don't ever think about it. But let me think of an answer that's good to that question.
Speaker 3: You can say, what do you think about skateboarding? Only?
Speaker 1: No, I barely skateboard. You guys are pigeonholing me here. It's it's so funny that you almost seem ashamed of it. I may let us let me reiterate how good Andrew is it? I think it just doesn't even care about it. I don't care. I also like it drives me nuts. You wish.
Speaker 4: Look, it's definitely all I cared about as a teenager. I grew up in a small town and there was nothing to do. And you know, yeah, well why can you still do it?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: I think about it all the time. You do no handed five foot airs if in twelve foot pools, and you're like whatever, Yeah, it doesn't do anything for me.
Speaker 3: And so wait, when here this is a more specific question.
Speaker 2: When you're doing no handed five foot airs and twelve foot pools.
Speaker 1: If that's why it doesn't even have to grab?
Speaker 3: What are you thinking about in a moment like that?
Speaker 2: Do you are you thinking about landing are you thinking about like are you planning or do you are you just like we.
Speaker 4: I will say, you know, I do think, and I'm more surf now than skateboard, but I do think surfing and skateboarding and to a degree, you know, golfing and all these other things we've talked about. I think thank you for including I think that I do think that those activities are more important now than ever, just because when you were doing it, truly, all you are thinking about is the activity itself. Like you're not thinking about your phone, you're not thinking about social media, you're not thinking about the world or you know, you know, the fact that you can't get an abortion anywhere in this country, like all the things that are bad that upset you are Like truly, it's important to care about things, but it's also important to take time to not think about anything bigger than the moment you're in, you know. So I really do think like surfing in particular, really hits that because you're in nature, you can't have your phone on you. You're like looking at this, you know, the sunrise or the sunset, and there's it's just like you feel really connected to the present moment. And so when you're doing that five foot air, you're just thinking about landing it, and that I think it's important to be in those states of mind as often as you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that. He perfect.
Speaker 4: It's true though, as silly as it is, like even playing video games, like if that's what you do, like, I just think, you know, I don't be lost. I don't think you need to be escapist all the time, but I do think it's important to kind of disconnect from from things.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I was going to say that surfing and these activities that keep you out of reality, it's I kind of I'm afraid that I do that too much with Yeah, watching a TV show binge, watching a show like I'm rewatching all of Game of Thrones, and I realized, though I wasn't worried about anything in my life, and that's not the same. I haven't heard of it. What's the show? Tell me? It's got John Hamm and a bunch of people in it, a lot of nudity, a lot of children murdering adults, a lot of child murderers. I'm only into shows with with incests. Does it have that? Uh? Certainly starts starts, and it has a little in the middle. I'm interested. I'll sign up. Yeah, you're gonna love it. The volume will be up and your pants will be down. That is a kind of a Howard Kramer joke. So I just want to preface it. Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Also camp a lot. I like camping. You know that's another thing that takes you out of things. Yeah, I'm going to do that this weekend. Oh great, up in Montana.
Speaker 6: Yep, nice, prove it. I will with photos that I'll send you in three days. You think I don't have the balls to stay in a tent, You think I don't have the genital to go sleep in a tent?
Speaker 3: Janital out there now?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: If by chance, I mean, can we all three just promise that if Chris goes camping this weekend and has a big Foot experience, that we will do an emergency episode of Do You need a Ride to Talk down?
Speaker 3: Becau would not be the most magical happenstance.
Speaker 1: I'm worried that I won't have internet access.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Will while that's happening, we'll get you off after I'm dead.
Speaker 3: We'll get you a little t a T mobile hotspot.
Speaker 1: And when I say camping, I mean my my friend's cabin. It's not it's a house.
Speaker 3: He's going drinking, that's yeah, I know, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm going up. We're renting a boat and we will a du a six man water ski pyramid made popular.
Speaker 3: By drinking a boat.
Speaker 1: Please, I mean why I I will be drinking, yes, but you know I do everything within you know, within reason. But I will do a water ski pyramid.
Speaker 3: We'd love to see it, thank you.
Speaker 1: I have so much to show you in the coming days.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna We're going to do this again in three days, right, that's ye, yep.
Speaker 1: Great, It's gonna be great. I have a fun story to share. Yes, purpose I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is crazy and I haven't shared this at all but a week ago today.
Speaker 1: And I don't worry. I'm fine. But I did actually almost die. But I am fine now, I am totally fine.
Speaker 4: Are you smiling some because because the circumstances are absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: So yes, and actually this will be a PSA. Two folks out there. So I was at home.
Speaker 4: It was like eight pm last Wednesday, and I was just about to go out to dinner with a friend, a little late dinner, and I'm standing up in my living room and then all of a sudden, I just felt like unbelievably lightheaded, extremely weak, and like my vision like was like going in and out. It was really really bizarre. It was strange, yeah, and it just was not getting better, Like sometimes that happens, you feel little lightheaded or whatever, and it fades for basically like thirty minutes. It just was the same level of like felt crazy. So I had my friend drive me to the emergency room and took me like two hours to be seen because you know Los Angeles, so I'm basically feeling as sick as possible for that whole two hours. It was like the worst experience of my life. I'm like feeling like I'm actually dying, like I've never felt that bad ever.
Speaker 1: And I'm like very healthy. I take care of myself. I don't really drink alcoholic.
Speaker 4: I'm just like I feel like I'm never in situations where i feel like my health is not well. Anyway, they ransom tests, they got me in a bed. It turns out I've been drinking too much water.
Speaker 1: You're a kidding.
Speaker 4: I am not kidding, absolutely insane, Yes, to the point, to the point that I almost actually died.
Speaker 1: What where have you been doing morning radio challenges?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is that is what everyone knows it from. But it's a thing called hyponatremia, I think. And what it is is your you drink so much water that how much water are we talking? I would say tens a day, which sounds like a joke, but I would say I drink translate that ten of these a day.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not that much.
Speaker 4: That almost killed you, apparently so, but it's consistently I drink like maybe eight to ten of these a day, which I think.
Speaker 1: Is it's a beautiful iridescent yeah, iridescent green.
Speaker 3: He remembers to drink out of it all exactly.
Speaker 1: Apparent's like my Cumberbune junior year. Prom Jesus, this is so apparently it's far too much water.
Speaker 4: And what happens is, wow, your the water flushes out all the electrolytes in your system. And sodium, in particular is what I was dangerously low on, and like every cell in your body needs sodium to function. So what I was experiencing was my brain like swelling and my organs like shutting down because of the lack of sodium in my cells.
Speaker 1: Sodium, yes, everyone has told you. I know. So it was a really very terar like. I truly was like, oh, I actually think I'm dying. Like it felt so awful, and I.
Speaker 3: Think your genital was shutting down. Then you were dying.
Speaker 1: Yes, mine's been shut down for two years by not by choice.
Speaker 3: It just does.
Speaker 1: Sign. I wow, that's horrifying. I thought I thought water was good. That's what we've been told.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know some of that liquid IV have you ever did?
Speaker 1: That's what they fixed me with.
Speaker 3: Yeh.
Speaker 1: They gave me two They gave me two bags of ivs of like saline which has salt in it, and it like I felt a little better, and then I was like the most tired I could ever possibly be the next day. And then I was pretty good after that and now I'm pretty normal. But it was really scary. IM. I was a big pin not to bring up my big golf tourney again, but to promotional bag. Yeah first place, it's finally going to get it out there mostly putting. Yeah, but sure you hit a ball, but yeah, god, it was huge. What was that like a panic attack? Then anyway, I've never hit two hundred and sixty yards, but they gave us in the promo thing IV like it was a powdered liquid IV. That's I was, yeah, yeah, but it works very good. I've seen it. I'd also like to its magnesium as a supplement to your water.
Speaker 2: But can I say this magnete. So now we're this is a story triangle where we're gonna we're getting into it, we're going to get back, Okay.
Speaker 3: So I've been taking a lot of.
Speaker 2: Supplements because of like for immunity and for and that was the reason I thought for a long time that I wasn't getting COVID aside from the fact that I've been literally locked in my house for two and a half almost three years. But I like to think it was because I was taking Vitamin D every day. But the one supplement that I started taking because I heard magnesium is really good. If you're a low on magnesium, it can affect your mental health, it can affect like all these things. So I started taking I'm so sorry, just the dumbest Like these are those dumb discoveries that you have where one day I took I was like, I've got to take my vitamins again, you know, like recovering from COVID. And I went and I took like eight vitamins whatever, and then three or four hours later, I got like a cramp and I was watching TV, and I'm like, oh, that's weird. I don't that's a weird feeling. And then I just go, I just have a terrible bout of diarrhea. I look it up and I'm sorry, that's probably partly while I while I was giggling, I don't normally go into these areas.
Speaker 1: You had diarrhea in your mind sixty seconds ago, and we weren't there.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I just had to start laughing because I knew I was going to be.
Speaker 1: Talking about I was giggling inside just because I thought you were going to talk about diarrhea. Yeah, I can't help it.
Speaker 2: But it turns out that the most magnesium an adult should take it at times three hundred and fifty milligrams, but the bottle that I have said to take two, and so it's the equivalent of six hundred milligrams too much. So she'd immediately just literally cleaned my system. Like I was like, oh my god, do I have food poisoning. It was that bad, right, And it was because I took too much magnesium.
Speaker 1: At one last night, I was given magnesium and I was warned of the diarrhea consequences. It's just less than twenty four hours ago. So everything in your story is lining up. Yeah wait, so wait, Chris, You're tyrea is cyclical. You got a magnesium guy up in Montella. Oh yeah, I got a collidal silver. Yeah so much, I turned purple. I working at chocolate place. But yeah, yeah, you get you can't overdo any of this stuff. And now we can water to the list. Yeah, there is a balance. There is an electrolyte balance. I am still amazed. Are you sure there isn't something else wrong with you? Not just happen. You're totally fine and normal? And actually he said perfect otherwise too much more perfect? Oh really? He said I was a perfect speci And he said, he said, you said this word for already said you're a perfect specimen. And if you had entered a golf tournament, you would have won yourself. What that's what he called?
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, and did you specify? But what about the Boys and Girls Club?
Speaker 5: Because did he bring my name up, that's the winner. I don't know if I mentioned I won Chris really quick?
Speaker 3: Can we ask you in winning the Boys and Girls Club golf tournament?
Speaker 1: It's big brothers, big sisters. Go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were you playing against any children A and B? Did you get a hole in one at any point?
Speaker 1: No? But one guy did get a three hundred and sixty five yard hole in one. Yeah, it's an albatross if you're playing on a four par hole. Of course, that's better than birdie if you're familiar or eagle. Anyway, I did not get a home one. I only the guys I played with. You guys were really good, and I just pretty much sunk some putts they hit so far that I'm like, good job, guys, I think we're gonna win. That's pretty much. We had to use a few am. I I did golf very well, but these guys, it's like, hey, quit the plumbing and heating business, because you guys need to be amate to your golfers.
Speaker 2: Because I think many people are actually doing outdoor activities and trying to escape the grind of reality. I think that's more and more, or maybe people like us are starting to do it in a way that normal people always have and that's why they're not totally psychos.
Speaker 1: That could be it, And for me, it's it's doing double duty where it's I know the reason my career is in a bit of a lull, but it's also the thing that makes me not think of that. You know, So golf is really you're blaming golf. I golf too much. Yeah, I should be out every time I'm golfing, I should be out there hitting the streets handed my comedy business card, going from wet market to wet market, doing.
Speaker 2: Your flying all the wet markets of Los Angeles and the and the southern region.
Speaker 1: I gotta get, I gotta, I gotta start that tour. Have you ever been to a dry market, like mostly rubs and salt.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like that. I like dry. That's not like my wings too, get out of here, Buffalo style rubs.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just a big salt quarry. Yeah that's the dry market.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I think Andrew's proven if you don't need enough salt, you die. Yeah, you gotta. It's all about balance.
Speaker 3: Get to the market, guys, really quick. My dog, Oh shit, what is.
Speaker 1: That little outfit? What do you hold? Oh that's a dog toy.
Speaker 3: It's her. It's a dog toy.
Speaker 2: But she she loves playing like tug of war like that so much, and she will not let go to the point where I can pick her up by holding the toy.
Speaker 3: And it's the funniest. It looks like I've caught a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fishing style.
Speaker 3: She keeps letting go.
Speaker 4: I wish both my dogs are here, but there'll be. My dogwatcher still hasn't because I just got back to town.
Speaker 3: You got to get those dogs.
Speaker 1: They're getting back tonight. They'll come back tonight.
Speaker 3: Aren't they the greatest?
Speaker 1: It's the best. I mean, yeah, that's another thing.
Speaker 4: It's like, could you imagine going through the pandemic without animals would have been Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Can imagine it. Or other people never never talked to plants. Well, you know, I could repeat a bunch of stuff I've said. Yeah, No, it's very important. Great, And a shout out to cats too, for those old old school people out there who haven't forgot about cats and replace them with lightly better personality.
Speaker 3: This is what you prefer. It's about preferences.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, at the end of the day, Yeah, I like an animal that only likes me once a.
Speaker 2: Month now, Andrew, do you have any upcoming gigs that you want to pack out that we can get people, because honestly, listeners of dinosaurs. I just saw someone on social media truly call themselves a dinosaur, which is hilarious. Andrew Mishan is a great stand up comic, Like I had the same feeling Chris when you were describing watching him, like basically having the reveal of the skateboarding.
Speaker 3: I had the same experience.
Speaker 2: I think the first time I actually met you to talk to you was at the big Foot Lodge, strangely enough connected, and you were just like nice and maybe it was your show or maybe I don't know why, but you and I were having a nice chat and then I was just like, oh, these young comics whatever. And then you get up and just fucking destroy and I was just like, oh, I should have been nicer, guy.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't. I don't even remember you being mean, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't think I was mean, but I think in my mind I was being I get it.
Speaker 1: We all gate keep to a certain degree. I totally get it right. It's just how it is.
Speaker 3: Feel better, it makes us feel better.
Speaker 1: It's all yeah, we're all guilty of it. And I've seen you improve, You're getting better and better. I've always tried to maintain My biggest fear is like, oh, fuck, was I funnier ten years ago? Or oh even worse fifteen or even worse twenty two year there? Now you know how long I've been doing comedy twenty two fucking wasting. But you you're getting better and better. You're and uh, thank you.
Speaker 4: I feel I feel that I just did a bunch of shows in the Northwest, like I said, and yeah, I just felt like I'm just very loose on stage. I'm doing a lot more crowd work now because my very podcast is me doing crowd work and stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't have any stand up dates on the calendar.
Speaker 4: But we're doing We're gonna go back on the road with our podcast, which if you have never listened to our podcast, you don't need to know anything about it to know our live show. So, like they talked about earlier, our podcast is I was interviewing strangers on the street for our live show. My co host Colehurst and I we sit on stage at our table, and then our third person, who's like our intern, is a very funny young guy. He leaves the venue, goes live on Instagram, which is projected behind us the whole time, and he finds random strangers in the streets around the venue and brings them inside to be interviewed in front of a crowd people. The energy is really fun and so crazy, and he just like he gets into the craziest situations, like in Kentucky, he went into a guy's house while the guy was smoking crack and.
Speaker 1: Then brought him in for an interview. No, yes, it was insane. I love it. He didn't know and everyone this guy Dennis.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait wait sorry, yes, yes, because if he's in the house. So he met the guy on the street and then went to.
Speaker 4: The house, so a couple Actually, okay, so he met this guy Dennis on the street. It was just one of the weirdest guys we've ever interviewed. He was so funny. He was like in his seventies, a white guy in Kentucky. He was just like so difficult to interview, like wouldn't answer any question, was just like a true maniac. We interviewed him for like ten to fifteen minutes. It was so so fun And then actually one quick thing. One thing we did during that interview is our third guy, Cam was outside with two like maybe like women in their twenties or thirties who were going to call out for another interview, and my co host and I we were talking to Dennis and then we just left the stage and pretended that Dennis was the host of the show. So these two girls walk in to this podcast and there's like a crowd of two hundred, three hundred people and then a seven year old chaotic man who can barely sting a sentence together.
Speaker 1: I'm love.
Speaker 4: He fumbled through an interview with them, and he tried so hard and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And Dennis had the time of his life. Then Dennis leaves, we say goodbye to him, and then he had talked about his cat Pumpkin while we while he was being interviewed on our show.
Speaker 4: And then Cam ran into Dennis on the street again. We saw him on the live stream, and we have a little walkie talkie for our third guy Cam. So we go, Cam, see if Dennis will show you his cat. So Cam is like, Hey, can I see your cat? And then so Dennis brought him to his house. He's just like sitting on his couch, he's holding his cat. Dennis is there. They're like having a blast, like watching TV or something. And then Dennis Dennis started smoking something and then Cam was like, Kim goes, oh, is that pot and he goes, no, it's crack.
Speaker 1: Don't film this.
Speaker 4: We're sending our twenty three year old intern into actual crack. Dents he is paid, though he is paid anyway. And then Dennis he's having the time of his life. He then calls up his neighbor John, and then John joins Dennis and they come back for a second interview.
Speaker 1: Dennis wants to come back. He's having so much fun.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it is sad that he has addiction problems, but he seemed to be a really fun guy who was having a great day and he enjoyed being on our show. I thought you meant your intern now No, no, he ended up smoking crack.
Speaker 2: No, No that you know, I understand what you mean by that, except what I have to say is that Dunnis is seventy smoking crack. Yeah, and he's able to charm an audience like there would be people on crack that the audience would immediately be.
Speaker 3: Like, please, this is torture.
Speaker 2: We love.
Speaker 3: Clearly he's making it work.
Speaker 1: He looks like a functional benefit of starting crack when you're sixty eight. Yeah, it's still fresh to the game.
Speaker 4: What's so funny is moments earlier he had gotten an applause break from the from the audience for saying that he was six years sober from alcohol, which is when, which is when we realized that California sober is you don't drink gokhol but you smoke weed, and Kentucky sober as you don't gocoholed.
Speaker 1: But he so crack that shit. Kentucky. Oh that's the best.
Speaker 3: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: Love it anyway, And only to the time that you were when you were in I think you were in Austin and you had the two guys ons that you brought in and we watched him come in and be on stage, and then they said you asked them more.
Speaker 3: They went to high school and their teacher was.
Speaker 1: In the audience. Their high school English teacher was in the crash.
Speaker 4: She just yells out, she goes, did you guys go to Albany High And she's like like yeah, Like it's missus Green you're junior English teacher.
Speaker 1: Then she came on stage for a reunion. It was awesome. Oh wow, So I love that.
Speaker 4: These things can happen. We have a lot of magical moments. It's really fun. I have so much fun with the live show. Thank you guys for watching the clips and stuff and where where Yeah, so find just go to podcast but outside dot com. Follow the podcast on social media TikTok, Instagram, and we put up the live shows.
Speaker 1: We're going to be in September.
Speaker 4: We're going to be in Chicago, Toronto, New York, Boston night and then we'll be on the road throughout the year.
Speaker 1: So please come out to a live show. It's it's really funn Thank you.
Speaker 4: And yeah, if you guys ever, if we do a live show in LA and you guys want to be involved, we'd love to have either of you.
Speaker 1: I want to pretend to be walking by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really weird stiff walking your head is moving in direction?
Speaker 1: Yeah, comedic lamp. Maybe I'll do some characters. That's still that sounds great.
Speaker 3: Fun accents, you know.
Speaker 1: How, I've got three of them. Andrew, You're the best. Thank you guys so much for having me. This was so much fun you've been listening to Do You Need a Ride? D yn a R. This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 3: Produced by Anialise Nelson.
Speaker 5: Mixed by John Bradley, artwork by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: Theme song by Karen Kilgareff.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y nar Podcast.
Speaker 1: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com. Thank you, Oh You're welcome, Hong Kong