Speaker 1: New week new show. Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and this is your Second Date podcast. We got a new episode today that really is about not jumping to conclusions and some miscommunications is definitely I feel like the theme today it gets messy, real messy. But first comments, what do you got, alexis? Yeah, Grease said, nothing ever prepares me for some of this insanity. Since discovering the show, I've been heavily entertained, and I thought London Dating was terrible, but maybe it's not. Oh wow, I know we still can't afford at our station to do international calling. Yeah, so someday we'll get into that. I'd be attracted to every international listener that calls in.
Speaker 2: I love act much.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're all great people. Goud, it's so funny. All right, let's start your brand new Second Date update right now.
Speaker 2: Second Date Updated.
Speaker 3: I am very curious to hear from the listener who wrote to us today, because in her email, she says she met a guy one.
Speaker 2: Time, okay, on an app. They never went on an actual date.
Speaker 3: Honestly, they don't really know anything about each other at allconnection but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still she called him quote.
Speaker 3: Maybe the most romantic man I've ever met in my entire life.
Speaker 1: How I know, be romantic without knowing anything about each other.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering the same thing. How does she reach that conclusion? Let's find out. Her name is Tilly and she's on the line right now. So, Tilly, I just got to say, your email sounds full blown crazy?
Speaker 2: Is that? No?
Speaker 4: It is crazy. That's literally why I'm calling you, because, like, I've never heard of a situation like this. I've never been in a situation like this.
Speaker 3: You didn't watch a guy propose in the most romantic way possible and then you fell in love with him because you saw how romantic he was.
Speaker 1: I think it's a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could be it.
Speaker 4: I mean it felt like a movie, like the me cute moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, if we're talking movie level romance, you've got to set the whole scene form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us the whole story.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the story. I'm at the gym, and I'm at like a pretty high end gym. I got lucky, I got up, you know, a membership through my work situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, boogie, It's like one of.
Speaker 4: The fancy gyms. There's like a tendance and there's like a juice cafe in the back. I've been working out. I'm actually almost done. Like I'm on my treadmill. I'm cooling down, okay, and this good looking man comes up on the treadmill next to me and we small talk. It's nothing crazy, Like we talked for like less than thirty seconds. Like it was quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the timing's good because you're just walking and he's just starting.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and I don't really think anything of it, like go into the locker room, I change. Okay, Literally, as I'm walking to my car, I hear miss miss wait wait. I turn around. It's one of the gym attendants. He has flowers and a card from this man that I just met.
Speaker 5: Whoa like.
Speaker 4: Honestly, this is part of the mystery, because how did this man secure flowers that fast.
Speaker 1: And a card? Okay, I am so jaded that my first thought is he's been watching you and was prepared for this moment.
Speaker 2: Before in the gym.
Speaker 4: I guess it's possible that I certainly didn't recognize him at all.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It felt spontaneous. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: It felt very spontaneous, which was part of the reason I'm like, how did you manage that? But there's a number on the card, so I obviously text the number and I'm like, thank you so much for the flowers. I'm so flattered. But he is not the one that answered the text. It was somebody that was like, oh, this is his assistant.
Speaker 3: Oh make it happen even quicker.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird that he gave you his assistant's phone number and not his phone umber.
Speaker 3: It's just about to say that unless he wanted her to know that he had an assistant like Texter, yea, that's possible.
Speaker 2: It's something jose would for sure do the way I have two agents.
Speaker 5: You don't know if anybody realize.
Speaker 1: Okay, get away from Hey, did you ever actually talk to him?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Do we know his name?
Speaker 4: That's the thing, I don't know his name?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: You didn't even send a good first text introducing himself.
Speaker 4: No, the assistant says there is actually a gift waiting for you at a jewelry store and gives me an address.
Speaker 2: Oh no, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is romantic anymore. Now I'm getting worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, nobody cares what you think. It's only a tilling sugar baby situation.
Speaker 1: I feels like I don't have a good personality, so let me buy you. Did you go to the jewelry store?
Speaker 4: I was curious, of course I went. I mean it for the plot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're doing this for the plot alone. So we support you in this decision. What happened at the jewelry store.
Speaker 4: I go to the jewelry store and there is a bracelet waiting there for me, and I will say, like, I don't feel like I can be bought, but I can be impressed. And it's sixteen flowers and a bracelet. I have impressed, even though I don't know anything about him, including his name.
Speaker 2: So we yeah, oh my god, this is wild.
Speaker 1: There's no setup of a date, okay.
Speaker 4: So I get the bracelet and then I text the only number I have back to this and I'm basically like, let's set this up, like how do we meet or whatever. So we set up a whole situation, a time and a place to meet, and then I go there and he doesn't show up, and now nobody's answering this number.
Speaker 2: This rings like he does this, like he's set the trap. He gives you jewelry. He doesn't show up. Why now you're like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: And now you have to get a hold of Yes, I want to be in that game.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound odd.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's gonna play a lot of games.
Speaker 1: With I mean, why would he stand you up? Like? That's what I don't get.
Speaker 4: My friends think maybe he's married or maybe that was some sort of scam. But if it was a scam, then like where's the request to let's get my money or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you better make sure that bracelet doesn't have a tracker in it. Yeah, this is this is a wild story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was kind of skeptical at the start of this when you said he was the most romantic guy of all time, But after hearing the story, I think Brooke is one hundred percent sold.
Speaker 2: In fact, she's probably ready to.
Speaker 3: Leave her husband depending on how this Paul goes when we come back.
Speaker 1: Nameless man, I already don't trust this guy.
Speaker 2: You're only saying that because you're jealous.
Speaker 3: Brooke.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call this mystery guy in just a second or.
Speaker 1: His assistant, you mean, wherever it is.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to talk to anybody that picks up this phone number and try and get you your second date update. Right after this second date update, our listener Tilly told us in part one that she met the most romantic guy ever, and wow, she was not kidding meta guy on the treadmill at the gym.
Speaker 2: They talked for thirty.
Speaker 3: Seconds, but as she's leaving just a few minutes later, she's being chased down handed a giant bouquet of flowers, not by him, like the gym assistant guy is told it's from treadmill dude. He already has a handwritten note for her in a phone number for his assistant. Later, she's told there's a necklace and a bracelet waiting for her at a jewelry store, which turns out to be true.
Speaker 1: Well, she is just a bracelet. I mean, don't oversell it.
Speaker 2: Never find this guy sucks forge. No, I thought he was romantic. You guys are right, he's a looser gems on it.
Speaker 3: No, okay, it was pretty cool until the weird part was she was stood up by him waiting at a coffee shop where she thought they were gonna meet Tilly.
Speaker 1: Are you nervous? Are you like? What are you feeling right now at this.
Speaker 4: Point, it's so crazy that I'm assuming it's not gonna work out, but I cannot move on until I know what the story is.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we love it.
Speaker 3: The bottom line is we need to figure out who this guy is or figure out some answer so till he can get some peace of mind.
Speaker 1: All we have is his assistant's number, right, So that's who we're calling.
Speaker 3: Yes, So that's all we have to go off of. We're just gonna call it and see what happens.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but be polite, like this guy sounds professional. We need to keep it buttoned up.
Speaker 2: I would take that advice and turn it right around at yourself. That'd be really good. If he has an assistant, he's always busy. Like we called, she's gonna be like he's not available, and we'll see. Let's find out only one way to know. I'm gonna dial this number. We'll see who picks up and what happens. But here we go.
Speaker 6: Jeff, Hello, Hi, uh Hi, my name is Jeff Professional Jeff.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who.
Speaker 3: This is, so hello, yeah, Hi, Sorry, So I work for a radio show called Broken Jeffrey in the Morning, and uh, This is gonna sound kind of odd because I don't really know who I'm calling for here. But we have a woman who is a friend of the show. Her name is Tilly, and I believe your boss sent her flowers and gave her a bracelet.
Speaker 2: You have the wrong person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 2: Well, just hold on. Do you know a lot about this?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't want to talk about this. What the heck are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Did he have Oh?
Speaker 1: No, Oh, he is not going to stand up up? You better call him back.
Speaker 2: It's probably because you were scaring him broke. I'm going to dial it again. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, a little hot, thank you.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: We're not trying to get into anybody's business here, especially anybody with a lot of money, because our lawyers aren't good enough to handle anything like that.
Speaker 2: I know, it seems like we don't.
Speaker 3: The thing is, we're just reaching out because we need to get a general answer about what happened with Tilly and this guy that we're trying to.
Speaker 2: Get a hold of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it started out romantic and now it's feeling not so great.
Speaker 3: That's the thing you don't know is our friend Tilly was completely blown away by this gesture. I'm assuming from your boss. I still don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true closure here.
Speaker 3: But we're talking way too much, so I should just let you say something if you're still there.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what is the most unprofessional assistants?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you know what I'm talking about with Tilly?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Can you fill us in because we're very confused?
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's the deal. This guy messed up. It's way different than I thought it was going to go up.
Speaker 2: What got messed up?
Speaker 5: I'm not the guy that was on the treadmill.
Speaker 1: So you're the assistant.
Speaker 2: You're the assistant.
Speaker 5: I'm an assistant. I'm an assistant at the gym.
Speaker 1: What huh wait wait, you're a gym employee. You work at the gym.
Speaker 5: I'm the one that brought her the flowers.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're the one that rushed out and brought the flowers from the treadmill.
Speaker 2: With the no yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Why would she have your number? I thought she had the assistants number.
Speaker 5: This whole thing got messed up. That's what I'm saying. The whole thing got messed up.
Speaker 3: What the whole thing that you You're going to have to explain a little bit because we we were under the impression we were calling the assistant of the rich guy on the treadmill.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he has an assistant. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you have a name? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Mitchell?
Speaker 2: Mitchell? So tell us what you do know.
Speaker 5: I know I've had a crush on her for two months.
Speaker 2: You've had a crush on Tilly?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What the heck? Wait? Wait wait?
Speaker 1: Were the flowers not from the guy? Were the flowers from you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh on what's a treadmill guy? Where where's he?
Speaker 1: What the height?
Speaker 2: You're saying the flowers were from him?
Speaker 1: Is what he's saying.
Speaker 5: I'd been planning to approach her for a couple of months. I did not know how to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you see her in the gym, because you worked there.
Speaker 5: And I had flowers waiting for her that day.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you take credit for the flowers?
Speaker 5: Because I'm not rich. When I walked out to give her the flowers, it was like she was seeing just an employee.
Speaker 1: She didn't even say she liked rich guys though.
Speaker 5: People go to that gym to meet rich guys.
Speaker 1: Mitchell because her work gives her a free membership there. That's why she goes to the gym, and also.
Speaker 5: The big rich guys.
Speaker 3: No, to his credit, it can be both.
Speaker 1: So wait, why I don't understand?
Speaker 4: Still, I don't understand either. What is going on?
Speaker 7: Let's just break the facade and tell you, because Mitchell Tilly has actually been listening to this call on the other line, waiting to talk to I mean, not necessarily you, but I guess yeah you.
Speaker 1: Well, she was waiting to talk to whoever gave her the flowers and the bracelet, which we haven't even gotten a close answer to the bracelet.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so crazy. Hold on, let's clear this up. So you've had a crush on me, You were planning a big romantic gesture, and then while you were in the midst of doing it, you somehow decided that I was just a gold digger and that the best course of action would be.
Speaker 2: To lie to me, I mean, a gold maybe bracelet digger.
Speaker 5: I wasn't just assuming you were a gold digger, isn't that what you said?
Speaker 6: You said.
Speaker 4: You came out and I looked at you like you were just an employee at the gym, even though you are an employee at the gym, and I was just leaving the gym.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest, in the real world, you're not going out with the gym assistant. And as I was about to give you the flowers, I saw that look on your face, and that's when I knew.
Speaker 4: That, who wow, it's so ridiculous. The look on my face would have been, why is the gymasistn't running at me with flowers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice? I mean for you to put all this on me.
Speaker 4: You built this entire fantasy up in your head over the course of two months, only to just decide that that's what I want. But how dare I?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: What are you even saying? This doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 5: And that's why I didn't go to the coffee shop. I figured it would end something like this, and that's what happened.
Speaker 4: You didn't figure it would end something like this because you figured it would never start, because you figured I was gonna judge you based on your job or how much money you had.
Speaker 5: I really like you to focus just a little more, just a little more on the flowers and bracelet.
Speaker 1: You got to hear her.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you what. I'm going to return the bracelet because I don't care what anybody's job is. But if that's what you think of me, then there's nothing here.
Speaker 1: Oh Mitchell, you doug your own grave man.
Speaker 5: So are you saying I can't like just say hello to you anymore when you come to the gamble.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine why you would want to at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dude, job, if he's at the front, you might have to.
Speaker 2: At least needs to like scan your card in a bare minimum.
Speaker 1: But h Mitchell, you need to have more confidence. She could have really fallen for you had you played this totally differently.
Speaker 5: I just I think you're wrong there. I don't think it was going to So.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you what you should do. Continue to judge people before you know them at all, and see how well that works out for you, because clearly it's going great.
Speaker 1: That was sarcasm, Mitchell. If you didn't catch it, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: It's at this point that I would like to jump in and offer another date exactly.
Speaker 1: I love when the most romantic stories end this way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See Now, normally we would ask the person that we're calling, but in this situation, since so much has happened and things have changed, Tilly will ask you first.
Speaker 4: Are you out of your mind?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: I only said that because Brooke was making me ask the question, So it's really her fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's yeah, bru.
Speaker 2: That was really awful.
Speaker 3: So this call didn't go the way that we wanted it to go. But Mitchell, do you have any last words for us or for Tilly?
Speaker 5: Look, I'm so sorry this whole thing went this way. It was a misunderstanding from get go. But Tilly, if you could just next time you're at the gym, wipe down the equipment after you use it.
Speaker 2: Oh, he has been watching her the entire time.
Speaker 4: That type of girl, Tilly, And now we're just like I always wiped down my equipment.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, at.
Speaker 3: Least Mitchell got a shot in on the way out, So there you go, Mitchell, win for you.
Speaker 2: Rook Jeffrey in the morning. That definitely blew up in the guy's face.
Speaker 5: Glory.
Speaker 1: It was a good lesson though, to not assume things about people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if I am reading the textboard right, a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: Saying till he needed to give Mitchell a break.
Speaker 1: Really so kind of I felt bad she waited thirty minutes for a coffee shop for him to not show up. Yeah, he ditched her. He never showed up, and then he accused her of being a gold digger without even knowing her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I understand that idea. But listen to this text At seven eighty five, nine to two. Someone said, clearly, Mitchell is a guy who does not value himself. He has low self image, low self esteem. But we should still see him for what he is, a regular guy who had a big crush on a girl for two months. Yes, he had a bad plan, but he has a good heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but to me, that means you need to work on yourself and get yourself image up before you're You gotta love yourself, man, before you can love somebody else. That's just how it goes.
Speaker 3: Doesn't excuse leaving someone on a date yet, that is true. I mean, all that is really well said. I do hope Mitchell knows that he's not the worst person in the world before he buys a gift for his next Jim crush.
Speaker 2: By them gifts immediately, he's like.
Speaker 1: I'm broke, what do I think it? He's got a whole bracelet to regift, a whole Jim hot woman.
Speaker 3: And I also hope Mitchell subscribes to our YouTube page and he listens to all of our second date updates while he's wiping sweat off of all the gym equipment, because you know.
Speaker 1: Those high end clients don't do it themselves.
Speaker 2: No, they don't. Go check that out.
Speaker 3: If you haven't subscribed to our podcast, they're up available wherever you get yours.
Speaker 2: That Brooke and Jeffrey