Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Staebeck along with Carol Master. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda Noura. What are you watching?
Speaker 4: Welcome my eyes on some of the airline companies. We're seeing Delta Airlines up higher alongside American Airlines and a few of the other names in that S one five airil index. This, of course is after we've heard from different carriers that they are relatively bullish looking at the future. We do know that there's been so much conversation about the price of oil and fuel and what that means for flights. So you are seeing a lot of people coming out. They're essentially saying that this is the strongest booking trends that they've seen in industry history, some of those so we are seeing both premium leisure and business travelers throughout here snapping up airline tickets because are really just trying to get ahead and we could potentially be a surgeo to lock in a price right, So they're trying to get ahead, planning in advance. Don't know if you guys are planning some flights coming up.
Speaker 1: But we have a bunch of we have a bunch of work stuff do Yeah, we actually have a flight home, but I on think we have a flight there.
Speaker 3: We'll get there.
Speaker 1: We actually have a lot stuff coming.
Speaker 3: This is the S and B five h SMB fifteen hundred passenger Airlines index. So it has nine different companies. It looks like the only one that's lower today is Jet Blue. That's kind of an idiosyncratic story. But yeah, eight are higher. And look at that, I mean, dealta up six point six percent right now.
Speaker 4: Just on a terror Yeah, so clearly people.
Speaker 3: Are on a day when oil is actually higher.
Speaker 1: Right right, exactly exactly all right, So we're watching those names. Good stuff. Lift. I've been watching this too, Tim, and I've been watching this as well.
Speaker 3: And you're just still waiting for your driverless car.
Speaker 4: Yes, maybe it's coming.
Speaker 1: Well me away, moll, I'll take it everywhere anywhere.
Speaker 4: Was you do in New York City?
Speaker 3: They have them in New York they just have drivers behind the wheel. I've seen I saw two of them the other day.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: I think I would. I think it's going to be incredible training. I think it's going to have to shift in terms of a New Yorkers and how they look and think about these. But man, I feel like I'm darting all the bikes fair you know, the delivery guy I know who are flying around the not you. But come on, you know how many times have you walked off a curb and almost no?
Speaker 3: No, I know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Just pointing out if you're careful and car yeah, I know you.
Speaker 3: The cyclist in the city, and now was standing that. If we're talking just about the cars, I think it's fair to say that you and I love about the driverless cars is that they follow rules.
Speaker 1: They follow rules, and if you.
Speaker 3: Follow the rules of the road, you will not get hit by a car.
Speaker 1: Because we've talked about that anyone. We think that if everybody just does what they're supposed to do, if only it's also the spot music when you sit in and you're like nobody to us, you right, like okay, anyway, we digress, we digress. Go.
Speaker 4: You would have left two names that we're watching. Both companies, along with Nvidia announcing separate autonomous vehicle partnerships, and so we did hear Deutship Bank analysts are saying that many self driving car companies don't actually have an existing ride hailing business, so they feel as though Uber this makes Uber's network the fastest, more efficient way to really scale. So you're certainly seeing shares of both Lifts and Uber higher. Uber seeing its best days since June of last year. And lastly, let's and think also, Carol's still thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I know I'm writing I'm riding waimak sorry as we should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so those are Lyft and Uber. Yeah you planes, you talked about automobile.
Speaker 1: Yes, take your plane or your driverless car or two six Flags enter jez it is.
Speaker 4: And hop on a roller coaster, tick her fun f you and the ticker office of driver list.
Speaker 1: If you think about it, you're just there.
Speaker 4: But we're seeing shares of the company up about seven point six percent right now. Is after Jena Partners, which we know as an activist investor. Essentially they're pushing Six Flags Entertainment to pursue a sale and appoint a new chair. They're essentially exciting concerns about the board's ability to deliver for shareholders. They said they've seen an alarming pattern of board dysfunction and disjointed decision making, and they're urging the company to engage with potential buyers. So I mean it sounds as though investors pretty much agree.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.