Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Petty Enough he arms Rang and yet live from Studio c SO. So say you said you're midweek Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound and today we're toiling under the title of all the World's a tabloid, or at least we got one DoorDash driver off the streets. Wow, that's a lighthearted view. Yes, yes it is. It's kind of what I was going for. It was on purpose, okay, yes, yes. What I like best is that it has gone from These were clearly pros, people who have done this sort of thing before. What they're doing to this guy's complete hack showed up. I should cover up the camera something. There's a bush over there, let me see these branches, walk up, put your face right in front of the camera, and try to put the bushes in front of the camera. So not pros apparently.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: The Guthrie snatching, of course, our topic as all the World's a tabloid, And that's I tell you what there are.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: We've gotten We've received a number of emails. I don't know how the text line looks, but saying, guys, enough of that story.
Speaker 2: That's so, what are you gonna say? And and I hear what you're saying, but I think it's interesting that there is a fundamental human yearning for justice. Yeah, that is at the center of these stories. You know, there are folks who would have you believe, well, it's just because there's an attractive white person involved, even by proxy, and blah blah blah. No, it's not that at all.
Speaker 4: It's that we there are plenty of cases of other people being snatched up. We want justice, this human beings, we crave it. Well, there was nothing going on yesterday. There is now that's one difference. Yeah, something actually happened in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: And even more fundamental than that. People want to save a life if they can. So they got the video and they actually go to some tip They got ten thousand tips. It looks just like my cousin Jib or whatever and mustache Mike for sure. One of the tips led him to stop a guy, pull him out of his car and talk to him and then go to his house with the SWAT team. Last night, I just heard some experts say they took down doors, so they had a warrant.
Speaker 4: Took the like, came to the house and put the doors off the house, knocked them down, knocked them in.
Speaker 2: Is that what happens when there's a warrant? They just come on in? Or are they knocking? If you don't come out, they come in. I don't I should. I'm sure I've learned this five times in my life, including in college, but I don't remember. I think if they have a suspicion that there's urgency, no, they don't wait to see if somebody comes to the door, because you might shoot the victim in the meantime, right, so you just come on in. Wow, that's a pretty sin. That's a pretty scary deal. I mean, if this guy, and we'll play a little audio from him, because he's now being interviewed by news outlets. But if this guy is legit got nothing to do with it, he's just like an Amazon driver sort of person, then holy crap. What a scary thing to happen, especially when in your town you know there has been a snatching and probable murder. All of a sudden, somebody busts your doors open. Holy crap. That would be scary.
Speaker 4: Well, interestingly, this guy said, I've never heard of any of these people. I don't watch the news. Yeah, so he was not afraid of a snatching It is totally unaware.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I would react if somebody busted the doors down. I mean, I'm sure they're yeller. Yeah, with tremendous fear. Maybe with my gun in my hand. Ugh, that'd go badly. Well yeah, but what are you supposed to do when people are busting your door down? Oh that's that's gotta be frightening.
Speaker 4: I think they they come in with such speed you wouldn't have time to reach for your gun if it was in your lap.
Speaker 2: Maybe. But then they talked to the guy and he's like, I don't know what you're talking about. They left him alone, They left him. Now he's talking to media outlets saying I got nothing to do with it, although one member of the Armstrong and Getty Show said that guy's guilty as hell. Oh my irresponsible yellow journalism tabloid. Eh, he's not reacting exactly the way I would react. Oh no, we're not gonna play that game. No, But you able person wouldn't react like to that he reacted like he reacted. They busted him. He's a simpleton. He's like, what the f am I doing here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Thank you to do anything? Thank you for declaring me not a simpleton, because that is not the way I would react. But Katie, he's a simple.
Speaker 5: I know, I know right in the body language, guys, it's all in the body.
Speaker 2: Body language. Katie Green was the body language on the case. Poor guys. You know, I'm no expert, but that was a judge that's.
Speaker 3: Close enough, and I can sense a bs or and he just said that. There's something about the way he was rubbing his hands together and cussing, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the old Robin cuss I felt like I heard him as he walked away, like that, get away with it? Ye, the microphones are never mind. Oh my gosh, you too. Please. So that guy most likely had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: And so there's no chance in the world they would have turned him loose if they had any suspicion that he might still be You don't think they'd keep an eye on him or No, No, they'd find something. You can find somebody to show me the man, I'll show you the crime. They would find something.
Speaker 2: To hold him until they figured it out exactly. Yeah. Well, I went to bed like a lot of people last night, thought wow, that happened fast. They got the guy. But you wake up and they let the guy loose. So maybe back to nothing ten thousand tips watts and lots of looks like my cousin Ed's, and then you got to go through and try to figure that out. Well, that'd be quite the job. It'd be the very, very tedious job. No, I would never do this, but if I lived in Houston or Tucson rather, I'd be at least slightly tempted to throw in a tip or two about my enemies, which is just like my boss. So I don't like it. That is Jim Jones. I know Jim. We used to go skiing together. That's precisely how he looked in a sche mask that it's Jim, all right. So if you're the family and none of this is the least bit amusing, obviously I'd take it as bad news that it wasn't pros, because pros are trying to make money, and the last thing they want to be involved in is they murder. They just want to get money. An amateur who shows up and thinks, oh damn, a camera. I should cover that up with something we could I use to cover that up. Lumber around, lumber around, find some shrubs. That guy a piece of bush. Like you said, that guy might not, you know, not as a non pro, might have had a plan but didn't work out the way he thought it was going to. I heard one guy who spent his career on the FBI's crisis Negotiation hostage team saying, in a pro kidnapping of an older person, they go in and they take all the medication. Wow, that is professional.
Speaker 4: That's what the backpack is for, because preservation of life is how you get paid. Sure, you must keep that personal. You have every interest, every interest in keeping that person alive.
Speaker 2: Well, that's if they're not alive, it destroys the entire point of what you're doing. And anybody over eighty has got medicine everywhere. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, that's uh, that's that's pretty interesting. Hey, Lamo, you never watched a TV show in your life where a guy carries a gun. Have you ever seen anybody ever on any show in your life where they carry the gun over the crotch like that? I know it's not funny, but it's funny one time has a holster right over his schwantse well and just to just be awkward in all kinds of ways. If it's just a tool, maybe a hammer or whatever, put it on my side or my back.
Speaker 3: Why am I.
Speaker 2: Gonna put it right between my legs where you'd bend over. You're moving around. I mean, it's just what are you doing? You lame o? More proof as if we needed it.
Speaker 4: That proof that you're not smart enough for a criminal career. Is you're considering a career as a criminal, that's proof you're too dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll actually hear from the guy that they that went into his house and question a little bit later. We got other stuff to get to. We should start the show officially because we have a good Olympics clip as the opening clip. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Wednesday, February eleventh. We're getting close to the most romantic day of the year, February eleventh, year twenty twenty ticks. We're armstrong and getting and we approved this program. All right.
Speaker 4: I don't like card companies and candy companies. Tell me when to love my wife.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go officially now according to FCC rules and rags ad mark.
Speaker 6: Now it's the Frenchman. Yannie combear thrang through the s turn Yannique bear thrang. Oh the gate to the groin for Yannie compared drawn and you could hear it, and if you're a man, you could feel it. Wow. Watch this again, Oh the Frenchman. Oh, miss you. Wow. The boys took a beating on that one.
Speaker 2: That's the actual Olympics call. It's a boy the history of France right there, right, The boys took a beating on that one. From a play by play announcer. Oh boy, And if you watch a video, he's trying to go through those you know those poles that got there when you're skiing, and he goes over one one wipes up and smacks him right in the crotch. Oh yeah, it's whatever. He's going seventy five miles per hour and you could hear it was really loud, and the crowd goes, oh, oh, miss sure, the boys took a beating on that one. His testicles got hit really hard, is what happened? Uh Soccer Blue, no kidding. We got Katie's headlines. My favorite newsletter continues to make the argument that going to war with a Ram's a really big deal and it's really really on the table, and nobody's talking about it. I mean, it's just not a news story for anybody. Hence my title of the show, All the World's a tabloid.
Speaker 6: There is so.
Speaker 2: Much of real significance going on in the world, but we've just we've become internet tabloid culture. I have matters of substance to discuss. Yeah, there might be good reason for that, but we can talk about that later. We got Katy's headlines on the ways stay here, yo, yo, looking forward to some of these headlines that Katie's got because there's plenty of news out there. I uh, Joe's thing about the world has become a tabloid. We should discuss that. It's true. It's true to a certain extent, even even more so. It's been growing that way our entire adult lives. But it's getting more and more that way every single day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, later in the show, I'll be forced to concede that Don Lemon has done something very clever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know. It pains me to my soul that I have to give him credit. But he has horrible man. Everyone get lucky sourist fruit. That's right, Michael, blind, pig, stop, clock, et cetera. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green. Katie hit it all right.
Speaker 5: Well, like you guys already touched on, it is the top of every website I've gone to. ABC person released a search for armed individual, and Nancy Guthrie case continues. Fox New FBI video and Nancy Guthrie hunt shows jawline gait and details that experts say should not be ignored. At NBC, investigators wrangled the video from Nancy Guthrie's Google Nest camera out of back end systems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can explain how that went down. It's actually kind of interesting and surprising and counterintuitive. And I'll tell you the attack NBC was making on Google over that story. Oh man, the aerial shot. That is a nice house. That is a really large place. They very cool lot. Of course, her daughter makes twenty million dollars a year, so you buy mam a beautiful house. It's nice. It was nice till now.
Speaker 3: From The Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 5: US added one hundred and thirty thousand jobs in January, starting year off on stronger footing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's really why you should not pay attention to any social media news. I was scrolling Twitter last night latey and I couldn't sleep. I'm coming across all kinds of stuff. Boy, the job numbers must be this bad. If Trump's saying this, waita the lies tomorrow. The job numbers must be horrible because of blah blah blah. And I wake up when the official numbers come out and they're really good. So that was laying the groundwork for something by trolls or whatever. I don't know, or the trolls on both sides would claim the other side's administration is lying about the job numbers. Yeah, well, nobody will released anything. Complete cynicism, which has long been rushes in China's goal troubling From the.
Speaker 5: New York Times, the FAA says it is lifted. It's closure of airspace over El Paso.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was a mystery there for a day where they said they were going to close airspace over Alpasso for ten days and with no explanation. That's a crazy story. Now they've lifted it for security reasons. What the heck could apossibly been going on.
Speaker 4: They took the aliens into custody and beginning the autopsy.
Speaker 2: Alien autopsy, it's my belief. Well, then the aliens went to Texas because everybody's going to Texas, right, Texas and whatnot? Right, the aliens were in California, said the hell with this?
Speaker 5: From CBS, ACLU sues Ice in Idaho over an unconstitutional Wilder immigration raid and class action case.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's going to be lots of these over the coming year.
Speaker 5: From the New York Post, Illinois city pans out twenty five thousand dollars or cash payments to forty four black residents through reparations program.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, some small town had a reparations program where forty four people got paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's Evan Evanston.
Speaker 2: Oh my perfect, very very affluent, very white, home of Northwestern University or just north of Chicago. Wow, and that's that's to make up for slavery. You'll see. It is exactly the sort of town that would do that. Beautiful.
Speaker 5: From CNBC, Heineken to slash up to six thousand jobs in AI quote productivity savings amid slump and beer sales.
Speaker 2: What's hey, I gonna do for the beer company and run the machines and whatnot, push the paper. I guess that's where the drunks at, where we got to market.
Speaker 5: Heineken makes a good non alcoholic beer. By the way, some people were telling me about non alcoholic beer the other day. I haven't had one in almost twenty years, and somebody told me they are so much better than they used to be.
Speaker 3: Well fun.
Speaker 5: In fact, a majority of them contain point five percent alcohol, right, but there are a few, including Heineken, that are actually zero point zero and it tastes really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was told that non alcoholic wine has made leaps and bounds. Also, somebody ding see, I just I want the alcohol without the calories. That just kind of backwards. Do you'd like a syringe of alcohol without all the gallery? Exactly? It's pure strim study.
Speaker 3: Strum study fines.
Speaker 5: Smart underwear tracks gut bacteria by measuring flatulence.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, groa, would you know.
Speaker 6: I had?
Speaker 5: Finally, the Babylon bee wife refuses to return stolen land she took from husband's side of the bed.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh, there was a major case that would gratify you. Jack about land acknowledgments in.
Speaker 2: A hole I want to hear that, and we'll catch up on all the other news of the day. And if you miss the segment or now or gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand more on the web Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: This revision is expected that there will be about eight hundred thousand fewer jobs than originally reported in some respects. If that's the case, then the data would finally be catching up to sentiment because for nearly a year, people looking for jobs have said that it is very hard to land.
Speaker 2: One is that actually Jill Sleshingter or was that AI? Jill Sleshingter had an AI sound to it, didn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It really did, didn't We didn't I declare her AI like a week ago? Maybe? Anyway, we're talking about the jobs numbers that just came out. They're good today, one hundred and thirty five thousand and jobs added and that was more than expected and all good. But last year's numbers, the entire year, they revised downward by a lot. And Peter Navarro was making the rounds explaining his ties with Epstein and talking about how the jobs numbers were revised down a lot and what Jill Slesinger says, is, you know, the jobs numbers were pretty good last year, but people's mood was bad. And she is saying, well, now that we know the numbers were not as good as we thought, it kind of meets up with sentiment more. Oh, now I get what she was trying to say. Right, It makes more sense why people felt that way, because those weren't the real numbers.
Speaker 3: The Trump.
Speaker 2: People have been complaining about the way we do jobs numbers now for quite a while and saying they're so wildly inaccurate. The system is just not it's just broken. I forget what it is. It's like you mail in your numbers or something. I mean, it's some antiquity of facts. It over, it's some antiquated system that doesn't make sense anymore. Right. And their return rate or their response rate is plummeted.
Speaker 4: Right, And so it's a small sample size, the data comes in late.
Speaker 2: So they're so inaccurate they're almost not worth it even talking about. So anyway, that is just a lead up to this, and this may or may not have anything to do with this. This might be more about politics and just our mood. Gallup has been asking this question for twenty years. This is the lowest number they've ever had. It's still a majority, which is good, but not as high he like it to be. The most recent number, only fifty nine percent of Americans gave high ratings when asked to evaluate how good their life will be in five years? How good will your life being five years? That number is lower than it's ever been in the history of Gallup asking that question, still high, I think, at fifty nine percent, I mean, that's good, But you know you'd like I don't, man, There's never been a point in my life, even when I was broken poor, where I wouldn't have been optimistic about what things are going to be in five years. But yeah, yeah, certainly you're you're striving, You're trying to come up with a way to improve your life constantly, I think. But that's that is so interesting. Do you think to do with the reality of jobs numbers, inflation and stuff like that, or is that just our sour mood and we've been convinced by both parties that the other parties trying to destroy America and just all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking for myself, my mood is buoyant. But yeah, I think I think you're onto something they're also the incredibly high degree of uncertainty. The one thing people and companies and investors don't like is uncertainty. And given AI especially, and the rapidly changing nature of the workforce and the go to skills of yesterday or now the forget it, why would you waste your time of today?
Speaker 2: God knows what's happening tomorrow. I think that's a lot of it. Yeah, that's not good, though, It's not good to have a record number of people thinking things are going to suck in.
Speaker 4: Five years, right right, there's something very significant going.
Speaker 2: On, I think so. Also, Yeah, although here's here's one interesting thing, and I think this is a newish trend. Although I'm not super confident.
Speaker 4: People overwhelmingly will tell polsters things are pretty good for me and mine, but as a whole all the economy is terrible and fed up, and from what I understand, people are miserable. Although this was in this case a personal answer, so I guess what I'm saying doesn't apply. But it's interesting how people's perceptions are shaped and then how that guides their decisions.
Speaker 2: Now what you just said, For most brilliant.
Speaker 4: Scientists in the world are studying that sort of thing right now, trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: What you just said might fit in more with that right track wrong track number where you got like ninety per cent of people who say the country's on the wrong track. Oh, I'm fine and I'm gonna be fine. The country's on the wrong track, which is a common one, right. But so that lowest number by gallop for how things are going to be in five years includes a couple of pretty giant economic meltdowns in this country two thousand and eight, and you know, a couple other not very good periods, and people were still more optimistic about their five year outlook then than they are now. Well in a picture, or remember, if you will, the hysteria of twenty sixteen when Trump got elected and how half of America lost its freaking mind rose Donald moved to another country. Oh that reminds me.
Speaker 4: I listened to a little NPR this morning to punish myself for the terrible things I've done, And sure enough they came through with a good, solid beaten. It was a story about all of the people who are volunteering to be in a production of the opera.
Speaker 2: The Handmaid's Tale. Oh my god, because conservative lunatics and Trump want to take away women's rights. Blah blah blah. You're still clinging to that. Seriously, dude's got like a couple of openly gay cabinet members, highest ranked ever. Nobody's taking away your anything.
Speaker 4: But you know, speaking of interesting phenomenon having to do with human beings and how they perceive the world, people especially on the left, love being under threat. They love being afraid because then they can join together with other people. And because so many people on the left are not like logic driven, they're consensus driven.
Speaker 2: I will say whatever it takes for me to be accepted. They just keep stoking the fear of what women are going to be forced into pregnancy by the fascist evangelic urdles or something. Isn't Susie Ailes like the most powerful woman that's ever been in any White House? Arguably? Sure? Yeah? Yeah, So ask to evaluate how good your life will be in about five years? Hmmm. I don't know if I could get up in the morning if my answer was going to be and I ain't gonna be very good five years. I've never felt that way. Maybe that's just a ridiculous misplaced optimism. I don't know. But I just I don't know. I would get out of bed if I thought, oh boy, this is not very good and it's going down from here.
Speaker 4: By the way, coincidentally, today is the anniversary of my birth many many years ago, and I think at my advanced age, I would say, I don't know, I'll do my past.
Speaker 2: It's hard to predict.
Speaker 1: Was.
Speaker 2: I was aware of that, but I feel not my place to mention it's your birthday. Oh that's fine. I don't care either way. I don't know if you're to that point in life where you'd rather not be reminded as you got one foot in the grave, Oh, clearly I do.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was recording last night in my music studio and with the.
Speaker 4: Right one foot on a distortion pedal, the other foot in the grave, and a calendar notice popped up on my uh my screen said tomorrow Joe's sixty first birthday. And I'm like, what that's how miss that's a typo stop it? Yeah, I just seen it in print. It's like, what the hell? Anyway, every year my birthday.
Speaker 2: Is bittersweet number one, because it's it's nice, because the people I love say really nice things, and it's it's it's great, but it's bitter because I'm reminded once again that if my mom had handled out one more day, I'd have shared my birthday with my hero Abraham Lincoln, and instead, because she had to quit, essentially on the eleventh of February, I share my birthday instead of with Abraham Lincoln with Burt Reynolds, a fact with his which has tortured me since I figured that out at roughly age eight. Smoky in the Bandit right Gettysburg address could have been the great emancipator instead the great deep pansinator of the seventies. Anyway says the number one is it of all time got with Sally Field two very different people in her prime.
Speaker 4: Now, oh yeah, anyway, I ought to pay off a couple of things I mentioned briefly before too terribly long, the technical quirk that enabled the authorities to get the video from poor missus Guthrie's nest cam. Also, I must admit, Don Lemon, it's done something clever, and it pains me deeply to admit that that and.
Speaker 2: A couple of other things.
Speaker 4: Although you know what, I can pay off the Nancy Guthrie thing right now.
Speaker 2: Right after we tell you about rough Greens, which is a little something you add to your dog food. It's not replacing your dog food because a lot of people don't like knowing that because it there's all kinds of problems. Sometimes they turn up their nose added, sometimes it upsets their stomach. But rough Greens you add to your current dog food and it's got all kinds of live nutritional supplements that you're really really gonna like. And we've got a little way for you to get a free bag to try it out here very very soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of you know, another day, older et cetera, et cetera, especially aging dogs, Rough Greens has all sorts of good stuff to help slow that process and keep them alive, alert and vital and having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is what you do. Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at roughgreens dot com. It's spelled are you f F like a dog's are rough? Roughgreens dot com promo code Armstrong. That's right. You just pay for the shipping.
Speaker 4: It's a great deal and a great opportunity to try Roughgreens Roughgreens dot com. Use that promo code armstrong don't change your dog's food, just to add rough Greens and watch those health benefits accumulate Roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 2: So you got self, taught lawyer Cannonball run once again. Boy.
Speaker 4: So missus Guthrie had a Google Nest camera next door door but had let these subscription lapse, which it turns out was a good thing, because the way these things work is they continually replace the image they've just taken with new images with new video unless they save it for a deliberate reason. But because she didn't have a subscription, it wasn't recording over it in the same way.
Speaker 2: Well, this is out. Everybody had the same question yesterday. Why are we ten days in and just seeing these pictures right right? I think the answer is they had to dig deep, deep within their computer systems to find some sort of backup, you know, footage that that's normally not accessible. I've seen computer experts say it's amazing they were able to find this. MSNBC's take all last night was because I was watching late at night when this was all, you know, really breaking the person's interest and everything like that. MSNBC's take was, how does a three and a half trillion dollar company take ten days to find this? What is going on here? All right? Okay, that's based on no knowledge of how this would work at all. No, the slightest idea, Well, you say, so your belief is that Google, and I hate Google a lot, but so you've got some sort of belief that Google, with their three and a half trillion dollars, was holding back on the pictures out of some sort of something. I don't even know what is that? Just hatred of success or the icious hatred of the success? Yeah, it was weird. I was watching their their late night primetime show and they're really into that they've got three and a half trillion dollars and it takes them ten days. Something is up here because Google's got lots of money or something. I don't even know what you're doing here.
Speaker 4: Well, you were one of one hundred and twelve people watching that channel, so you should remember that.
Speaker 2: That is a good point. Hey, we've got an update on why the El Paso airport was closed and they said it was going to close it for ten days and it's opened back up again. Interesting detail and mail bag all on the way.
Speaker 5: Armstraw Heyetti.
Speaker 7: CBS News reporter Jennifer Jacobs sharing on X the decision to close El Paso International Airport to all fights for ten days was triggered by Mexican cartel dro breaching US air space. This is something that she says, officials have told CBS News the War Department took action to disable those drones. Reportedly, again not from Jennifer Jacobs with CBS News.
Speaker 2: Well, that's bold by the Mexican cartels. I wouldn't be given interesting Trump a reason to go after you. I'm sitting here think I don't think it's a false flag operation.
Speaker 4: I really don't. But the first thing I thought of, Wow, Trump's been talking about attacking the cartels, and if they're oh wait a minute, would that would just be very convenient if your goal was to find a pretext to attack the car Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to make that argument at all either, But I don't have nearly enough fact cardon imagine why the Mexican cartels would want to They got such a great business model going why they would want to do that? Yeah, oh man, you poked the bear cartels. Bears don't say wolf raw, here's your freedom hating quote of the day.
Speaker 4: You pok the bears wolf, Well, I need to frequently use wolf as an exclamation.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny. I love mikes metaphors. I'm a big fan of them. I think they're hilarious. All right, So we're pausing our freedom hating quotes of the day from communists to feature this sent along by Jeff Fabulous, honorary producer and friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show from Alexander Soulzanitzen. Being a communist, intelligent and good is completely incompatible. The one who is intelligent and good is not a communist. The one who is a communist and good is not intelligent. And of course the one who is a communist and intelligent cannot possibly be good. It is the doctrine of evil Caesar and Mamdani. We have more examples of that coming up later. Mailbag.
Speaker 4: What this is actually another great quote from Benjamin Disraeli that squares quite beautifully with a story I want to tell later on about an incident in a college classroom. But his quote is there is no education like adversity.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's true. The School of Life who first came up with that Nietzsche, Plato, somebody. But the school of life, that is where you get the most your education.
Speaker 4: There is no education like adversity. And you know what, I'm switching the order.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with this from ad on the topic of gen Z is Dumber that I featured. A piece by Ashley Fike on the dumbness of gen Z says I have a different take. First, I'm a college professor for a grad school program, and these kids are now my students. They're not dumber because of the technology, and I've got to disagree. I think that does play a role. But he says they are dumber because no one taught them how to learn. First, we have the teachers who spend time on anything and everything but reading, writing, science, and math. The kids have never been taught to read.
Speaker 4: We give them a medical textbook and a reading assignment, and they literally cry because they have to do so much reading. For decades now, our schools have been cesspools where our students are indoctrinated with crap rather than educated with knowledge.
Speaker 2: Next, we have the parents.
Speaker 4: When I was a child, my parents constantly asked, have you finished your homework?
Speaker 2: If I didn't have homework. My parents would make stuff up even on vacation. I was encouraged to the point of being forced to bring along a book to read. These days, many parents don't give this attention to their children. Instead, they're too wrapped up in their own attention seeking drama to pay attention to whatever their children are reading. Trying to get clicks for their Instagram. They have little. They have given their children over to the state, and the state i e. The teachers' unions care little to educate their child. You want to make your kids smarter, start educating them. Part of it is definitely the school is telling you your kid is a straight A student. We're an A and B student and they're not m That has been my actual personal experience. Yeah, and the Disraeli quote scratch me worry edge, because I am a firm believer, as many of you know, in free range parenting, letting your kids make mistakes, letting them get lost and find their way home, not raising a veal calf.
Speaker 4: And not only is there're no education like adversity. There's no way to build resilience and toughness and even a sense of humor like adversity. Once you survive your first few serious challenges. You're fifty times as strong as you were before that, And yet so many people deny their kids that experience.
Speaker 2: I think it's tragic. Boy on the school part of it, though, That great inflation thing is a serious problem. Yeah, I don't doubt it. Did you hear the announcement Harvard made yesterday? They're going they're only going to give out twenty percent a's, Oh yeah, and beasting bodies? Yeah, go ahead. People lost their mind over this. Last year they gave out two thirds of the grades they gave out were aids, a's, another eighteen percent A minuses to get you open into the eighties percentile of a's and anuses, which obviously is Harvard, and they're gonna cut it back to twenty percent. And people went nuts because I've been straight A my whole life. Well yeah, technically, oh yeah, I don't blame the kids for going nuts. They were given one set of expectations for their entire scholastic careers, and now Harvard is changing that.
Speaker 4: They're right to and they have to. But yeah, I'm sure the kids are free.
Speaker 2: If I'm semi bright and put in medium effort, I should get an A is the lesson you've been taught your whole life. Yes, this is a clever boy.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl half a streaker recorded everything with his Google glass, posted it to instram and he also bet fifty thousand dollars there would be a streaker and he won three hundred.
Speaker 2: K Wait a second, that's there's got to be something wrong with that bet, isn't there? I don't know the terms of use of whatever means he used to bet. How is that does seem onto me?
Speaker 3: How different?
Speaker 2: Then I'll bet you know, so and so misses a free throw. I put money on it, and then I missed the free throw. Isn't it the same thing? It's similar? Well, if that's a possibility, I'm gonna make all kinds of bets.
Speaker 6: I'll bet.
Speaker 2: I'll bet a dog bite somebody in the parking lot or whatever. You're gonna run around on all fours and bite people. I'll bring a vicious dog. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I cannot personally verify this. It's from doctor Brian, who's a fine man.
Speaker 2: Indeed.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you miss a seg week at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, so much to talk about today. I hope you joined US for hour two. Armstrong and Getty