Speaker 1: There are so many people who sit in first class that actually pay for those tickets.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who didn't get bumped up or who aren't.
Speaker 1: Like being flown on another person's dime. Oh a lot of people with real fucking money. And that's something that the people at home should probably know. Whenever you see celebrities sitting in first class.
Speaker 3: May pay for that shit.
Speaker 2: They said, we think about celebrities. That's how you think I don't need minor sense.
Speaker 1: I mean anybody with even like a modicum of of a suh. You're on TV sometimes like, we did not pay for those first class.
Speaker 2: Seats, So when you see them sitting, when you see us, I'll still sit in my ship.
Speaker 3: You trying to shame me, but I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't apologize when you see us sitting.
Speaker 4: I'm saying this, last time we were on a plane, one of us was in first class. Doesn't claim to be a celebrity. One of us had to get to the back, so I remember, That's all I'm saying. That's on the other side, that's the best time it ever felt for me sitting in your first class, because every other time I'd be.
Speaker 2: Hoping somebody I know, kids on the never never ever once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's sitting up way straighter, sitting up like this with your drake, before y'all even touched it with, before y'all even left.
Speaker 2: And on of the reason I was in first classes.
Speaker 4: It was like an hour flight, you remember, it was like Houston or Austin. Chips in your.
Speaker 5: Racist the.
Speaker 3: Money turn stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't tell me. Should we do botch you back? I want to love you?
Speaker 3: Should we do bomps you back?
Speaker 2: Computer love? Should we do bot you? But? I want to love you? Should we do bots you back? Computer love? There it is, ladies and gentlemen's little mamas and gentiles alike.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me the podcast.
Speaker 4: It dives deep into the puckets of black conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: And we finally work to approve not a goddamn thing. We're not solving none of your problem.
Speaker 4: No ever answers here, and you know what, guess what we're trying. Yeah, that's the sad part. We love to be an advice podcast. We just stay got it. I'd love to tell you what to do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we've been telling people what to do and then afterwards me and David to look at each other and be like, we said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in the car, like that was dumb, That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Why would we tell them to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that problem that they're going through. Really, I've never met them before in my life. I can't assess it. But here we are. I've been thinking about this a lot. I can tell you're excited. I want to.
Speaker 1: It's on my chest heavy I am. I am very excited to see what they do with the molestation in this Michael Jackson film. I'm really pumped about how they handle this.
Speaker 4: I just want everybody to know I said a thing about molestation earlier. I don't think as crazy is what you just said.
Speaker 3: This feels like the most reasonable way to feel. Yours was a crazy, huge, huge jump. Brother This is something that's based in This is based in fact. This film is happening the other there's a speculation about character in a movie that doesn't touch the subject at any time.
Speaker 1: Said no, they said that Little Boy, Brother Man all Right, Brothers does.
Speaker 2: Not have a follow up film, and it doesn't have a prelude involved that.
Speaker 1: They didn't address that once. They took a lot of dookies in front of each other. Certainly that was how they demonstrate brother.
Speaker 2: You know what brothers do.
Speaker 1: I always let my brother dookie while I shower. That's perfectly normal. These children were raised right. I returned to my premier continue. I am very excited to see what they do, because they either have they have two choices in front of them. They either address it poorly. It's gonna be They're either going to deal with this in a ship of a way, or they are not going to mention it at all. And both of those choices are so funny. I think that, man, I think they're not going to mention it. You think they're not even going to bring it up.
Speaker 4: So this is here's how I think of it. The estate signed off right, his nephew is playing him.
Speaker 3: It's Je's who dons whoa?
Speaker 2: I thought that was an Arab guy. No, I mean sort of.
Speaker 1: TAPETI to another Arabian night. Jafar Jackson is a cold ass name. That's not even his worst the worst name, son. Your majesty is.
Speaker 2: The worst name.
Speaker 3: Son.
Speaker 2: What was the order on that? Your majesty is first? Okay? And then Jafar? Yeah, my boy?
Speaker 1: He was like, no, I'm in a theme now, but I don't really know how to hit that's.
Speaker 4: It feels hard to commit to letters for names for black people, specific.
Speaker 2: Letters, and then royalty based on your own name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really gets complicated because I bet Jafar is spelled a little bit like Jermaine.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I believe I bet he probably like tinkered.
Speaker 4: With love that you're you're the only one here with the kid, did you? Was there any want to do that a little bit? Absolutely not, And respect to you for that.
Speaker 1: I it weirds me out that my kids say my last name, they say your last name, meaning like their last name. They're like my kids identify with their last name, and I go.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant you made them call you mister k like daddy Kerkman. Look, I'm not an unreasonable man, but I like what I like.
Speaker 3: You know what I think they're gonna do with the Michael Jackson, You know what I I do think either they're gonna not touch it, or they're gonna do like a like a montage, like a montage like oh and then crazy stuff starting out and then maybe like a news reporter of being like false accusations level Michael jack Like they're gonna it's gonna be in like a musical number where they're like they gloss over it, bro, They're just it's just him, like walking into court and then it goes immediately to you know, it's just like it's just a man.
Speaker 2: In the mirror. But not only the song. I'm the editor leave me alone.
Speaker 4: Whoa, I didn't touch those kids.
Speaker 1: That little white boy came on to me.
Speaker 2: Look at your skinny little chest. I want to suck on your not nipples, Michael, I can get away from you, white boy. I talk like this, Michael Jackson, I talk like this, man. I want to see it in theaters of getting my money. It feels like we have to write. Yeah, it feels like we need I.
Speaker 3: Want to make an event out of it. In l A.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna get high boy. I would like I would like to do that with all of my friends.
Speaker 4: Because like the music is gonna get you. Of course in the end, of course it's gonna make you. Because it's so good.
Speaker 1: Bro that the trailer ain't nothing but his songs, and we all just went, damn, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be that.
Speaker 6: We didn't see the boy act once there's no from different country, which is good at that's true.
Speaker 2: British guys go crazy guys, British. No, I just didn't.
Speaker 4: I just just like I didn't know about the I didn't know about the the lineage.
Speaker 3: Why is it far Jackson?
Speaker 2: They gave him a prosthetic nose and and are they good? Are they covering dark skin? Mic at all? I think that is about as the dark as we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get to me. If you're gonna do this movie, it's like, why don't we just why don't we just see him in his early years? Why don't we just do Jackson five to like thriller and then you never have to touch and I'm sorry again, no pun intended, But then you never.
Speaker 2: Have to.
Speaker 3: Then you never have to touch the nasty stuff, bro.
Speaker 4: But because as a film you don't want to know what the fuck was going on during Dangerous Yes, that's all I want to.
Speaker 2: Know all his complicated years. Why did you write a song called Liberian Girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I know that one? Liberian Gup, it's not good.
Speaker 3: You came in, you changed, just like a move.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Also, keep it in the closet.
Speaker 4: Felt like he was saying something, Well, have you seen in that video where he's like dancing on Miami Campbell's.
Speaker 2: He's not in it. We've talked about it a lot on this podcast.
Speaker 1: It is the most ambitious he's ever been sexually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretending to like a lady in a video, for sure. He picked the baddest bitch on the.
Speaker 1: Planet, put her in black and white, made her naked like truly, that was the most naked I had seen a woman. I think up to that point in my life. Oh man, I lived by woods.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that I hadn't, but like where I could just watch it not not be doing something naughty nefarious, I think.
Speaker 3: I had to.
Speaker 1: That was that was the most publicly openly naked woman. Yeah, and he he just couldn't prove it to us that he liked that.
Speaker 3: It's a real bummer. Yeah, he tried.
Speaker 2: He gave it a shot.
Speaker 1: Our guest today, we haven't seen him try to fuck yet.
Speaker 2: We're excited. We're excited. You're in a brand new era of your life, transition, ascending beyond beyond the point that you were.
Speaker 1: I think this is a huge opportunity for you to get naked and full a bad bitch on camera.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm inspired, you know what I'm saying. I've seen the work that you've put forth, what you put in strokes on camera. I've gotten to see Reggie Conquest put in camera. Did not get that part was between.
Speaker 2: You and of course.
Speaker 3: You, Reggie Jamel Johnson, Yeah, was underground back you would have took that, brother. I can't wait to see man giving back shots to.
Speaker 2: The idea of a fully naked Mandle just putting strokes giving it man, that would have been cool. We need that. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful future that we could all look for. I hope to following y'all footsteps. That's sad, but I think you could do it. I think it's coming for all of us. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You don't really see niggas fucking on TV that much. That show had a lot of fucking. It was the most I think I've seen black people on TV. Yeah, you don't get a lot of that. They don't want to see. They don't want to see that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what they used to fuck on? Actually, you guys remember soul Food on Showtime?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did a lot for me. Yeah, they you could count on it almost episode.
Speaker 4: The problem was you had to get to a house at that showtime and then you had to be alone.
Speaker 2: That's and that's asking a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta wait for everybody. You gotta hope they got a certain cable package, and then everybody gotta go to sleep, and you gotta go in the other room.
Speaker 2: You gotta they gotta trust you with their hole. I mean, I was like twelve.
Speaker 1: I just mean that, Like there was never a time where like a person came over and I just left them alone in a room.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what I mean, like you were you're kind of you're here. I'm gonna why entertain my parents?
Speaker 4: My mom went out a lot, so it would be like all the kids at the house and everybody went out, then it's the lord of the flies in there.
Speaker 3: Sure for sure, there's no rules that no, no, no, we got fireworks out.
Speaker 2: Did you guys are touching parents guns? Well yeah, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 4: Isn't it crazy how much that happened, Like they really played it up to I remember, like they're being PSAs and stuff in the nineties, but like that should probably happened to me ten.
Speaker 2: Times where somebody pulled out their parents goun yeah, probably probably for real. Tis. I knew a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I'm from Texas, so it's like I knew people who had Like Mahomie, his dad was on the swat team, so we had like a hit a gun safe and we wouldn't fuck we wouldn't because we always were scared that if we moved him he would know. We would just like yeah, exactly like but we always to open up the safe and just be like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a lot of a lot of guns. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I once, I think only once for me, that's that a kid pulled out their parents.
Speaker 2: Their parents.
Speaker 3: It was less gun ship for me and more like uh one one nigga had like a porn DVD and then he's put you know what I'm saying, Remember that feels really you know, put on the on the big screen. But then it's like everybody's just sitting around. You're just hard but you're not doing nothing. Everybody's just like you know what I mean, there's no way to address that. I think it's more wholesome than what they got going on now.
Speaker 1: Though the r Kelly tape got pulled out a bunch on me from Chicago.
Speaker 2: Chicago.
Speaker 4: Damn, yeah, a crazy thing. You just said, Yeah, damn that sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like I didn't. I was good, y'all, I don't really want to have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at.
Speaker 1: The time it wasn't because we didn't have the capacities to right that, you know what I mean. Like I knew deep down in my soul there was something not good about this, but I didn't have the capacity to be like, hey, y'all stop this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wa, brother, this is dangerous what we're committing to. Of course you talking about it in the hall, but town you're from.
Speaker 3: Kelly my homies mahomies from Chicago, and he talks about like growing up, everybody just knew where R. Kelly would be at, and so like his sister just wasn't allowed to go to the rock and roll McDonald's.
Speaker 2: That was like a big thing.
Speaker 3: It was like that's where R Kelly used to kill it an don't be at the rock and roll McDonald's.
Speaker 2: It's like a very it's like a.
Speaker 3: Very known thing in their family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that he had spots.
Speaker 1: Most of them were high schools and were lad where children hung out and that everybody knew that.
Speaker 2: I go crazy. Ye shout out, baby, love you. Our guests today we set up and introduced him. We still haven't even finished his intro.
Speaker 1: I tried to do a charming thing of him having sex, and then it turned into us talking about how bad my city is, and I don't agree with them. I think it's a beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I wish I could raise my children in that violence right now. I miss it every day. That said our guest today, he's wonderful.
Speaker 2: You know him from ESML. You know him from his.
Speaker 1: Brand new special on Hulu that you can watch. God damn see funny A dear friend. Give it up for Devin Walker. Everybody.
Speaker 7: Look, if you hate cops just because of cops, the next time you get in trouble, call a crackhead.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. What's up? Yeah? Shut shutdowns over, happy to be. It is crazy.
Speaker 3: We've fully gotten into We've gotten to what happens to boys and group homes and Michael Jackson and r Kelly.
Speaker 2: It's only been like fifteen minutes. No, it's been a whirl win.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I think it's crazy that we do this and expect for some people to give us money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: That's really weird.
Speaker 4: We're really putting filth out there. Yeah, hoping to get gold back. We're going okay, so yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we're we're not.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 4: We're not in the red shut out to all the new people. Don Lemon, maybe don't watch this one. Is Don Lemon a fan?
Speaker 3: I don't know if we can call them man, Yeah, okay, he's like he's liked a video, okay, and he's aware that he's aware.
Speaker 2: Don Lemon shut up for real. I won't even go crazy. We'll be respectfu. We'll be yeah. Yeah, yeah, we know that you have your own news channel. Is that what he's doing now? He got his own joint? Is it weather or actual news? Nah?
Speaker 1: I think he's like doing like he's like dealing with issues. But Don Lemon's style, Yeah, I think we need maybe less news. Yeah, I would say so. I would say if the if the news decides you're not cut out for the news, you should stop being allowed to do news.
Speaker 2: You just shouldn't.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be allowed to do solo news. Yeah, you can't be That's all social media is, though. I know it's just people doing solo news which way you think about it? That way is pretty hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people being like I gotta report this, Like you know how much of my newsfeed was just other people talking about Max bbing home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I felt like I got out, like right.
Speaker 3: It was everybody's celebrating in a way that makes you feel like, hey, these are my these are my people.
Speaker 4: And I'm seeing the same thing from different angles. So I'm like, no, it's like I'm there, you know what I mean, different angles. I saw him hug french Montana, and I was like, by the third or fourth one, You're like, this is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Forgive my forgive my ignorance. Why are they so close? They were rapping together, and I think they came up together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know french Montana's origins very well.
Speaker 3: I know Max b.
Speaker 2: I think it's to Aladdin.
Speaker 8: Yah.
Speaker 2: He was st he was stealing bread for him and his monkey.
Speaker 1: Just and then Puffed Daddy saw him and he said, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: He's gonna marry the princess. Whoa bro, french Montana, He's one of the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like, if life is about distance traveled, he he went from coke boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coke boys.
Speaker 3: What's also like, I think he has a really beautiful career because he is one of those artists who, like you're you never think about French Montana, but like when you do think about like the hits that he has, they're so mega, they're so monstrous, you you know what I mean. He's like very rich and successful, but like also very out the way. Yeah, it feels like he's not running a race against like other artists. It's like, no, he makes songs for like Mountain Dew commercials, you know what I'm saying, and like big radio hits with like Swalen like stuff for like the Spider Man soundtrack, and then he married a prince and then he's just over here.
Speaker 2: He's ship where he went to Uganda. That song so good, I'm forgetting. He figured out a way to make it so really he way to make flo Riders still cool? Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like Flow Rider was like, I don't I don't care if you think I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I am making this boy rich. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Whenever you whenever you got songs they play a sea world yo.
Speaker 4: Ship going is although I think Sea World's kind letting a lot.
Speaker 3: In this series. That's exactly who's about to be made. I made my plea before.
Speaker 1: I really think they're trying to convince us that slavery is okay against I really think they're trying to tell us, hey, man, we're because they're getting you to They want you to be okay with what's going on with those whales so bad. Yeah, it's too they're too desperate for that. And if they do that with whales, they're gonna do it to us. I promise you they will do the same ship they do to whales to us.
Speaker 2: Is about to be humped over bro not as their us. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like the titles really turned on Sea World though, right, I feel like people are not really I feel like that's why they're having to have like Young Jock come. I think that's because everybody. I feel like at this point it's kind of like, well, we can't be over there.
Speaker 4: I love the man. If Young Jock is coming to your event, it's because the titles turned at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Young Jock came to my college, so I probably didn't go to a very good school.
Speaker 2: You did not know that's why wuge university year? Did you graduate twenty fourteen? Yep, that's too late. That's what he came out with. The hair absolutely, yeah, yeah weird.
Speaker 3: And it's like that's like if you go to like a good university, because it's like I feel like other kids who went to like cool private schools, they'd be like, oh, like Tam and Paula came and played at my at my at my college, and I'd be like, oh no, we just we got young Jock.
Speaker 2: We got a little scrappy. Yeah, we had we had Janelle Monet when she was still a robot. You were on some like innovative, went to like Dartmouth and like, yeah, it was like crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we got her early when it was like a theater where she was still crowdsurfing and adding people touch her and this ship.
Speaker 2: Whoa there, y'all.
Speaker 3: That's said anybody university, quite a few. We were just happy to have somebody there, Okay, right what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was like there was just like young Jock next week Jamie Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Jamie Kennedy followed me at one point on Instagram, and then I went back and looked like a month later and he unfollowed me.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Kennedy followed me on tour for three stops once whoa three stops in a row, same venue. Jamie No, like he was he was either coming or had been what at the venue I played?
Speaker 2: And it was hard for me to understand where I was in my career, like my.
Speaker 3: Up or is he down?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Now that's a bummer. That's a hard one. Yeah, it was tough. It's it's you know, I think where I landed. Yeah, I can imagine. It is one of those where you want to maybe you're on a flyer with Jamie Kennedy once in your lifetime and you go all right, yeah, you know sometimes you're going to cross the paths. Yeah, but you don't want it to be re stops. Yeah, that's where you start going, all right. Uh now I'm starting to worry. Yeah, yeah, I'm starting to starting to feel like maybe I gotta have a conversation with somebody.
Speaker 4: Maybe I got to get back to Delta our straight.
Speaker 3: Devin, you you came to us, and we should maybe take a break before we probably should. I think we've we've we've talked.
Speaker 2: So long, yeah, and and so thoroughly.
Speaker 1: I think it's been a thorough conversation that that we will start with the break and then we're going to get into your conspiracy because it's a it's an exciting one.
Speaker 2: It is. It's really good. I'm excited. We're we're gonna have some more fun more Devin Walker more.
Speaker 7: My mama told me, Yeah, Jeff Bezos came, Bill Gates came, Mark Zuckerberg came, many of them came numerous times. The bankers have all come.
Speaker 4: Everybody's coming, and you're coming back to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to my mom and told me, you know, every once in a while, I forget what's on there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, things that get sent over that we go, hey, we should make this a drop or somebody sends it to us and thank you all.
Speaker 1: A lot of people send us drops, and we're not always good. I especially am not always good about thanking you for the contributions you're making. But man, are you adding to the texture of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, it's good to have emails. We truly appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's just good to be able to look through your emails and have some new shit.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: A lot of influencer deals We're not going to do no for like new energy drinks and protein powders.
Speaker 2: And whatnot for or socks compression socks. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they always you ever noticed when they try to send us brand deals, it's always they say me or you. It's never both, never both. It's always like, hey, Langston, enjoyed your pod your I'm here with a great opportunity. And it always is a rude association. It'll be like for him, it'll be like something mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good. It always it's mean whenever they're like at it. But they're like, David, this is for you and you owe me.
Speaker 4: And it's like, do you need to exercise your cagles, share with your fans?
Speaker 3: Are you losing roles to Reggie Conquest? And you're trying to figure out what the next step is, David? What if gas station pills could be a prescription? What if the Dick pills you had to ask.
Speaker 2: Your doctor for them? Bro? You know, what's what to the one that we got that I actually filled out.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm gonna get picked for the Prada the Prada Colone.
Speaker 2: Did they send it to your house? No?
Speaker 3: They emailed me to ask if I wanted it, What did you say? I haven't responded yet. Hey, you don't want the along the product, just flip it, ok, yeahs to be disappointed.
Speaker 2: I filled it out. But I don't think they're gonna I don't think they're gonna send.
Speaker 1: I'll think however they tell me to. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: We just want some free ship. Yeah that's if you know. I need to hit them back. Yeah, you got it, bro, get get everything you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm bad about emails in general and text messages. And Devin, you came to us with a conspiracy that we haven't addressed.
Speaker 2: And it's been an hour. Probably not, but it's close to it. But you said, my mama told me black people shouldn't be diagnosed with a d D or autism or it'll ruin their academic future. Incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this was the thing. I wish I would have ordered it better. But this is the thing that my dad used to tell me all the time. Yeah, my dad was really afraid that like if I got like I definitely had ADHD, I definitely like needed to get medicated for it. I just I couldn't focus for shit, especially like I couldn't do anything like at school, Like if there was a thing where it's like, all right, I finished this worksheet at school right now, I couldn't do it. I had to go home and just like be in a place where it was quiet because I would just be talking and like doing shit.
Speaker 2: Well, school was fun if you're cool, you know what. I knew everybody.
Speaker 3: I was cool with everybody in the class, and so I was like talking to like fucking around and shit like that. I really wanted to get like, you know, I really was like, Dad, I probably need something, and he was just like nah, He's like, you can't do that. You do that, they're gonna put you in the class over there, and then once you went to class over there, you're not going to college.
Speaker 2: This yeah, this is a really.
Speaker 3: And it's also like my dad's also like a child, like he was a kid in the sixties. Like my dad was an older dad. She's in the sixties from the sixties. That is actually what was happening.
Speaker 4: I'd say seventies, eighties and nineties that kids who got bandaged to fucking the portables.
Speaker 2: Bro the extra.
Speaker 1: For us, it was a fourth floor, but it was really like a floor three and a half where it wasn't even a full extra floor. It just had one entrance and one exit.
Speaker 2: We know they struggle with numbers and.
Speaker 1: They so they had to go all the way upstairs to the back. Every day they went to the back, and then they had a separate little set of stairs that led to like three separate classrooms and everybody with any version of a learning disability was lumped together into that. And that feels crazy.
Speaker 2: It's nuts.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's like, how does that not ruin the kid?
Speaker 2: There's no chance that you get out of that and go to any ivy League school whatever for.
Speaker 4: The fuck because they're separating you in a way where it's not like, oh, I'm differently abled, which I do think is a decent is like a good They're like, you're stupid.
Speaker 2: This is where it's stupid. It's stupid in here.
Speaker 1: Bro, you're hopeless. We plan to keep you that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh wow, see I kind of came on here ready to be like, man, my dad was being crazy.
Speaker 3: I was like, I should have should have gave me Andy' were like, no, nigga, do well, I don't go over.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're they're gonna put you on the fourth floor. No lists could be true, can be true.
Speaker 4: I don't think that we grew up in the tail end of that because we're just a couple of years older than you. I think we grew up kind of in the tail end of that. I think that like as we were towards high school age, it was getting better. But I think, like your dad's age, I think he's terrible over there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he saw that, right, I'm sure, like did he do? You tell you?
Speaker 3: He's like, no, that happened. That's what he would always say. But he used to my dad, you know black dad. It's like my dad, Yeah, I know, we know. We also realizing who I'm okay, we both know about I'm saying black dad.
Speaker 2: We know about you know about black dad.
Speaker 3: That's I realized in the moment that we both have plenty of experience with black fathers. I've had a few black uh step dads.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good, and only one of them during any formative years.
Speaker 1: The rest of them, I was a grown ass man.
Speaker 2: That's probably the worst step dad. Huh. It's it's not a stepdad anymore. It's just a man who's that's just my.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I like that you made it sweet. That was good, you were about to take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I sweetness in my mind for these men.
Speaker 2: Sure, I feel nothing for them.
Speaker 3: Who dated your mom? Who's beenning the bull? Was that a black man married my mom married black man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He uh married the second longest of my mom's four marriages.
Speaker 2: Fo. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she ain't she ain't done. I respect her, I don't. I don't think she's retired. I think that from the marriage, though.
Speaker 1: I think that her situation is complicated enough where she may never get married again. But I don't think that. Instinctually, she goes like, whoa for it's crazy, I'm at my limit.
Speaker 2: Oh no, man, I kind of like a shoot or shoot. Yeah. I like that. That's romantic to me, and that is her position as well. She was like, nah, I love love, I fall fast. I will not apologize for that. I think that's brave. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do think it's probably done to damage to you. Mm hm, that's correct. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say that's two things can be.
Speaker 3: We can both my Legston's mother's commitment to finding partnership and love at all costs, and we can also acknowledge.
Speaker 2: There is no life is complicated. There is no person on the planet.
Speaker 1: I admire more for their willingness to experiment with with their life. Do you know what I mean, to look at their situation and go I would like to try something else and truly be able to commit to it full throttle. I think my mom's like instincts and bravery in that way are admirable. She she will always have my heart in that way, and I think that her decision making could use some work word.
Speaker 4: But like even you ignowledge you witnessing that led to a bravery of your own. I think it was gonna get a master's in poetry. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: That's like a that's like a that's like that's a you.
Speaker 4: And you went to like a real school that wasn't even like community college, right yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Like no reason to end up in comedy.
Speaker 1: I had figured out a functional life beyond ed, you know, and beyond like my own education. And I do think without a parent, both of my parents in a lot of ways being the type of people that are like, fuck it, this is what I want to do, I would not have ended up this way. They truly taught me how to be like, no, live a life there there is nothing else but you going to exist. And if you don't commit to that, then you're not committing to anything. I will cherish it always. Let's talk about the choices. Let's just focus on we can we can harness this strength?
Speaker 2: Sure, we can. We can be free together.
Speaker 4: I think that sometimes you wonder though, It's like can your parents harn it? They got what they got, and then it's just just up to you to harness it a little more. And the next one's gonna harness a little boy, you know what I mean? And then like three generations, now you got Now you got a goku.
Speaker 2: That sucks that.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take three generations for rest end up at go who's a man's Goku's pretty good?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Why people don't ever get you know how many families got no Goku's of them? Yeah? Most of them? A bunch of cheese. All right?
Speaker 4: This was as good as I could do with anime. I'm trying to relate to my friend, and I think I did a pretty good job.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have the thing whereas you're not an animate guy? No?
Speaker 4: I watched Dragon Ball as a little kid. And then I watched Dragon ball Z Dragon cartoon Net.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he is a little boy and he wraps be careful. Is that not what?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Let's and again you're being nasty. You're being nasty.
Speaker 3: How about being nasty if he's a little boy with.
Speaker 1: A monkey tail and I'm saying, relax, crazy, you're being crazy.
Speaker 2: Stop what you're doing. Which part is bad?
Speaker 1: That trying to stop you and you keep saying it, You're being nasty.
Speaker 2: He's not a monkey, he's a saying. He comes from a different plane.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what is the tail?
Speaker 2: Is the tail is their ship. That's the saying tale.
Speaker 5: They all got people, they all got they all got tailed. There's so much he's a monkey hens he turns into a monkey, and he.
Speaker 1: Turns into an eight, which is a form of monkey. No, no, no, you're being you guys are being crazy.
Speaker 7: Show.
Speaker 2: Let me be clear.
Speaker 1: In the show, the main villain of the show goes by the name of Freezer. Freezing is a a galaxy dominating force, the strongest mother fucker to ever exist, who destroyed the Saying planet because the threat that they represented to him.
Speaker 2: He didn't like how strong these motherfus he blew the ship up, and all he does is call them monkeys. It's like it's an allegory for racism and sort of the violence against the people.
Speaker 8: I would say, well, we didn't call you a monkey, behave as such. Okay, that's what it is. What it is, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: And my family, Okay, okay, now I understand, I understand, okay.
Speaker 2: Right now. But I'm gonna come back strong thousand.
Speaker 3: It is if it is, if it is an allegory for racism, I will say, it is like as as much as like as much racism has been hurled that black people forever, I will say, if if we actually had some of the same stuff that a monkey.
Speaker 2: Had, if we had.
Speaker 3: Watch but you are going but all I'm saying is like if we if we if we had this, and they're like, oh yeah, you guys kind of have the same stuff going on. I do, Like I see, like it's in the way that it's been thrown at black people is obviously racist and fucked and unfair and like unkind. But but like I get, I get how that association could be made if you have the exact same appenditure.
Speaker 2: I'd ask you to stop tooting your butt up in our podcast, and I see maybe our most complicated episode yet.
Speaker 1: I'd ask you all to behave for some reason. Sure, I understand that you are ignorant to the dragon Ball universe.
Speaker 2: I've watched a lot of dragon Ball.
Speaker 1: Actually, the fact that it's just a lot means that you ain't really with the ship.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's watched it all. Yeah, I've seen. I mean I grew up during the time the Dead Zone, and there ain't a one I ain't caught. I had the video game, I had the one on pscan They not good? But it was like I got that in Barbara to or No Barbara was that like much?
Speaker 3: I got that in Barbershop the DVD for like my sixth grade birthday, for like my twelfth birthday, I got Dragon No I was. I was, Yeah, that's doing crazy.
Speaker 2: I was doing good. Fuck yeah, Barbershop really hit like a wave. It's crazy. I will see you're from Chicago. Do you guys love barbershop as much as everybody else?
Speaker 3: I don't think that that's part of the Chicago lord, is that we we feel deeply connected to the Barbershop franchise.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 1: And Joelle if you disagree, I'd love for you to chime in. It wasn't at all a part of They didn't They weren't tracking Chicago when they made that movie. They shot it there, but they weren't like being like we gotta be respectful of like all of what Chicago represents.
Speaker 2: We're going on to the gangs and the counselor you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. Like it was just like, it's Chicago.
Speaker 2: It just happened to be there.
Speaker 1: It was ice Cube's interpretation of Chicago.
Speaker 2: And so in that way, whoa, that's better than young job. That is better than young job at.
Speaker 3: Your dad?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm just trying to get us right wherever we were. Your dad sort of threatening you, warning you that that you should not take this medication to me, does feel complicated.
Speaker 1: That's where I do worry that. Like, while I do agree with the sentiment of like now I was crazy how we treated you know, differently able children, in some ways it does feel like, fuck, hey man, you gotta give people the help that they need, regardless of like, yeah, the world is going to.
Speaker 2: Put on them.
Speaker 4: It's a difficult thing because it's like now he's perpetuating the third and a half floor. Yeah, but it's like that is such a tough That is such a tough thing to wonder how you could get a parent to trust in that when his his own personal experience is so visceral and he's on the point of like he's like, I'm for real trying, you're my son. I just don't want you to get iced out of the future, you know what I mean? Like, do you think in like post high school, do you think your dad is softening dependent? Like do you say dad, I have ADHD now h No?
Speaker 2: I mean what if this is you coming out to your dad?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 2: My dad? You know my dad.
Speaker 3: My dad has softened in a lot of ways, but I do feel like he's also still just like he's from where he's from and he's from the time that he's from. Yeah, I had a pair of pink sneakers and my dad was like, son, I know you're bisexual.
Speaker 2: So it's so funny. So it's like, I just.
Speaker 3: Don't know if we can get there on like a mental diagnosis level. That's just not well. What was the tone though, was he mad or was he like, hey, he was very excepting. My dad has thought my dad's thought I was gay? Many times.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's much be hard for you because you're so tall. You know. I feel like if your son's as tall as he does, sure and you were athletic, right, yeah, but maybe probably he was like he was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, yeah, you think Magic Johnson is having the hardest time.
Speaker 2: I think he. I think he didn't see it coming. EJ is big, huge, that's a big motherfucker. I mean it's son of Magic, too large for his position.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's he's arguably one of the biggest that's ever played that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's they wanted him to be a big The point is it was your dad like pink sneakers, I love you, welcome home.
Speaker 3: It was not It was not hatred. But it's like there's a there's a Okay, can we uh let's let's draw the path of my father's uh the homophobia.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like first, all right, the first memory I have.
Speaker 3: Of it is when I was really little, when I was like in preschool, we had like a at the daycare I went to, they had like a like a cooking set, like a kitchen set where you could like put like little fake eggs on the stove, and like, I really liked it a lot, So I asked for one for Christmas, for a kitchen set. Yeah, for a little kitchen set, because I liked it at daycare. I'm probably five four or five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah this one. I'm super little. This is what's men provided for you.
Speaker 3: You enjoy it? Yeah, I would like to replicate that feeling. Yeah, let me everybody get on for the house, little fake orange juice. Like I want to cook, like y'all cook, like dot it up. I remember that Christmas, I got a barbecue grill. I got like a fake barbecue.
Speaker 2: You got a real grill.
Speaker 1: Cook, No, you're gonna go out cook, put some steak on the grill, like.
Speaker 2: We used charcoal in his house. Ain't gonna be no pro paane tank.
Speaker 3: And like I liked my fake grill, Like I really did enjoy it. But I was like, oh, this is different, but I guess like it's I'm still fake cooking shit, right. And then I talked to my mom later on down the line, and she was basically like, yeah, your dad thought like a cooking set was gay. He thought a cooking set was gay, so like he was like a man grills and so like you can fake grill to prepare you for like what you'll actually do.
Speaker 2: Who as an adult.
Speaker 1: He was he was bottom of the barrel homophobic at one point. And you're saying the transition has now made it so that he can see you in pink sneakers and laying on bisexual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just be like something like I mean, I know, like he'd seen me date women. Yeah, so he knows what he's like.
Speaker 2: Thank God, you at least have a taste for pussy.
Speaker 1: You don't got to eat it every day, that's fine, shut but diverse, you need to. But it's supposed to get thrown that you ain't going around from it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can live with this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's it was that, and then it was like, oh, the one time I was I was at my I was at my house with this like other kid named Jonathan I used to do karate with, and we were like truly, we were.
Speaker 2: Sitting on the same couch.
Speaker 3: We're sitting on the same couch, but like we had a big blanket and the blanket was like over the whole couch. It was like a sectional couch. I'm on this side of the couch. Other kids, you're.
Speaker 2: Black in the early we know it was a sectional yeah, you know what I'm saying. Couch.
Speaker 3: They went all the way around and I remember my dad coming out seeing we just two boys under the same blanket.
Speaker 2: My deals. He took the ship.
Speaker 3: Off and he was like, you're not about to be you don't need to be underneath the blank like so that's so, that's five is the grill that happens at like I'm probably like ten.
Speaker 2: At that point he.
Speaker 3: Snatched the blank He's like, why boy, y'all boys don't need to be under the blanket.
Speaker 2: Your legs ain't cold.
Speaker 3: When when I'm eighteen, I come home from college and my homie like really likes to cook and he had like really.
Speaker 2: All over and that's why I get it.
Speaker 3: My homie really likes to cook. He was like, yo, he was like I just made I just figured out this lasagna. He was like, he was like, can I come over and make it? So my homie made lasagna at my house and my dad this is I'm a freshman in college. Yeah, my dad found out that my homie made lasagna at the house and he sat me down. He was like, son, if there's ever anything you need to talk to me about whoa if you want to He was like, you got niggas over here making pasta dishes. He got niggas over here making pasta dishes. If there's anything that you want to talk to me about, let's then let's just have that conversation.
Speaker 2: Son, did that boy put his period blood in yell lasagna? Because you might be cursed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All real stuff.
Speaker 2: It's all real stuff. Oh that's so funny, man. Yeah. Because he had to get that call, like at work or something, He's like, he did what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come over with what.
Speaker 2: College, mister Randall. I'm gonna have to take the rest of the day. I gotta go deal with something. My son. He let a boy cook lozana. His boss is like, oh god, it.
Speaker 3: Would be a very funny euphemism for somebody being gay.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, somebody's like, oh, he's a little little light in the loafers. Oh did they be cooking lasagna at his house? I bet he lets men prep a meal in his kitchen, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like a good guy.
Speaker 3: Though, no, he's he means well, he means well, He's just he's from a time all.
Speaker 2: Right, we need to take one more break. We're gonna be back with more Devin Walker and more. My mama told me.
Speaker 4: And me want you to come back and watch this podcast, welcome back to my mom and told me, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think and I asked this to both of you, do you think that there still is a lingering threat of diagnosis of black kids? Like, do we feel like there is some remaining truth in the way that we acknowledged our three and a half floor did exist, your fucking the portables exist? Do we still worry that like, by diagnosing black children, especially too early, we are somehow empowering them to be targets for separation.
Speaker 4: And I think there's a million places that the system can catch little black boys. I think that that is like as far as we've come, I think that's probably always going to be the case. So like I'm hesitant to say that. I don't think diagnosis is like because obviously get the people to help they need, like you said, But I think it's like, man, you're a little black boy and that's in the system, Like you fall off for anything, you know what I mean, you really you could really get out of here on anything, So like do I think there's still like it's reasonable to be hesitant. Yeah, I always always always just the system, we see how it's designed, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like it really is so much a story, just like anything else. I'm just like all right, like where is this black boy at you know what I'm saying? What does his family have like access to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What school does he go to? You know? What are the other kids in the class who are being diagnosed with ADHD. I think there's like a lot of a lot of that I read.
Speaker 1: I listened to a thing the other day that was talking about people who get like adderall as kids and sort of tracking the progress that they make over like a bit larger span of time, and like there's all this evidence of like immediate turnarounds for kids that start taking you know, ADHD drugs, but there's not as much statistics on like what happens beyond the immediate reactions, right, And a lot of what they found is statistically those students do not end up doing better than they were previously doing. Really they have like these sort of spikes, but then they eventually sort of find their way back to a like not you know, stellar level in their school exactly. And so I wonder how much of these medications were even still going to be activating the same way that we were activating at a time where like it was an immediate solve to a problem. I think people are now a lot and you know, some of it is the anti vacshit. Some of it is like the anti medication movement, whatever it is, but some of it is very real too, where you go like, well, I don't actually know that a drug that sort of changes your you know, your plants chemistry is the solution to in your in your lasting life. I like being temporary but not forever.
Speaker 3: I never got I never got on any type of medication, and I do feel like some of that like kind of stuck, you know what I'm saying. Like I just came off of like three years of working at a place where I was like depressed all the time. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It was just like honestly, like I really do want to, like I would like to at some point like fully talk about that experience, but it's like the the like news news publications keep picking ship up that I say in different places in a way that makes me want to not the news lemons, don all come on and talk to you on your news program. Well we'll break it down. But yeah, even even like throughout that where I was like really depressed, really in like a dark dark space, like I never I never could do it, some something that like little piece of what my dad was telling me is like still in there where it's like you don't need to be on them drugs, like that's going to lead you down like a weird path.
Speaker 2: I still won't do it.
Speaker 1: And I do think the bigger problem was how unwilling we were to diagnose people. I think there was a culture to not even put a label on a lot of the kids that we put on the third and a half floor and instead just put them up there because they were behavioral issues, you know what I mean, like how you suck to teach, therefore you need to be separating, and that I think is an actual violence against people. But I do think empowering people to understand, yo, this is what you're experiencing, and there are other people who are experiencing it, and here are options for how they've solved it is what everybody should be presented with. It's not the drug is the solution. It's hey, the drug is an option, and should you choose it? This is what the fuck could happen. And I think unfortunately we went from not diagnosing motherfuckers to then diagnosing them a fuck ton but only giving them one option to resolving it. And I'm hoping we're towards like, hey, there are eight options, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's what you because I think also systemically for little black boys, behavioral problems are just like kind of just a part of being in the system, right, yeah, Like so that's what I worry where it's like that's a thing, yo, bro, like if.
Speaker 3: You social personality dis or whatever.
Speaker 4: I was talking to my mom recently and she was talking about how she had multiple teachers come at her with kind of crazy shit, and it was just from being a little black boy, being like I'm not particularly poorly behaved or anything like that, you know what I mean. But it's like, so like that's my worry is like you were, you're like sweeping up all these kids because behavioral How many.
Speaker 1: Of these badass kids that school would do better if their mom just didn't have to work late?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For true, you know what I mean? They just had like access to vegetables, you know what I'm saying. If you just gave them basic resources and like a sincere connection with all parties that are involved, I bet they can get to a place where like some of that shit chills out for sure, and you you are just so lacking in empathy with like their actual lived experience that you go, I got to put a.
Speaker 3: Drug in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got to change the chemistry of that person, because otherwise they should not.
Speaker 2: They can't even like be educated. They're animals to me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get why motherfuckers are wary of the thing, and I think I wish we could we had other solutions without calling the thing evil. Yeah, like I think both. It doesn't have to be that thing doesn't have to be fully evil, but it doesn't mean it's good for everybody, and everybody should be allowed the choice to decide for sure.
Speaker 4: Correct to all that though, to your dad, your dad's point, I do think there was a time you had to be a lot more wary of it, And I understand him.
Speaker 3: Like in his time for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So it's like, well maybe not all the way I guess, correct, which was correct?
Speaker 2: Correct? But like it. It was like a real understandable fear. And you gotta think about what his dad taught him. Oh my god, you know what I mean. He like, man, if you say that they're gonna shoot you in the woods.
Speaker 4: You had a boy making for you. His dad thought he was gay just for knowing what lazagna was, what.
Speaker 9: You pronounced that. It's no, God, damn Frenchman. I do got a diff but like, yeah, I know, did you just really quick?
Speaker 3: Did y'all did y'all's moms ever hit y' all with this type of stuff, Like, did y'all's mom's ever.
Speaker 2: Hit you with like you're gay? Because you did? Like blank, Oh you know what's crazy? My mom never did.
Speaker 4: My stepdad was nasty and joke about like of course, not even like hit me with like anything that I did. But he would just be like, you know, it's okay if you're gay, ha ha, which is like a very evil and it's just like a very nasty thing to do to a person. But my mom, because my mom was like when I was little, her friend came out as lesbian and she was triny, so it was like her mom had a tough tough time with it tiddaddy. Yeah yeah, so my so, like.
Speaker 2: My mom, he was mispronouncing something. I was like, whoa.
Speaker 3: I was like, y'all talk crazy on his podcast, but I know.
Speaker 2: It was it was like I didn't know he was there. Brothers stick around. We hate speech with accent.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it makes it to all that that was like a huge thing when she was young and my mom got here young, so it was like my mom's she just really open to that.
Speaker 2: My mom was a really open person all that time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My mom's best friend from growing up was a trans woman is a trans woman.
Speaker 3: And I think in that way, my mom didn't.
Speaker 1: Have progressive sort of like necessarily responses to all of it, but she was fully like that's still my yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, my mom's always been She's like wide open like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, progressive, Devin, this was crazy. This was really fun, man. This was a chaotic yeah wind of an episode. I really we couldn't be more grateful you were here. Could you tell the people where they can find you? What cool shit you got going on? Y'all? Go follow my podcast. It's called My Favorite Lyrics.
Speaker 3: Lengthston has done an episode one of my favorite episodes we did on the podcast. David did an episode that we did recently. This should be out. I'm not sure when this is coming out, but it should be out soon. Check out my favorite lyrics wherever you listen to podcasts, Spotify, Instagram, TikTok is on all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's a very fun podcast.
Speaker 4: I had a good time. Yeah, backdrop what you got. I don't know when this comes out. Oh, December twelfth and thirteenth, see me at Sports Drink in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pull up. That's gonna be fun. That's my est date for the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a few dates coming up. I'm gonna be in New York. I'm gonna be in Chicago December fourth. I added the date Chicago. You've been bitching the morning, you know, and you come to see us because it hurts to be back there. But guess what, I'm coming back December fourth.
Speaker 2: Pull up. Then you're bringing lasagna.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing lasagna.
Speaker 1: And if this comes out after that, then I'm deeply embarrassed that said there, I've got a bunch of dates still left, and you can see all of that at Langston Kerman dot com. And you shouldn't follow us. You can like subscribe, rate review, do with all that shit. Give us an email at my Mama pot at gmail dot com. Give us a call at eight four four. Little Moms, give yourself a high five by bitch.
Speaker 3: Put your mouth right over that hole.
Speaker 2: Put your mouth then.
Speaker 1: Mald Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Created and hosted by Langston Krek, co hosted by David Bordi.
Speaker 4: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Joel Monique. Co produced by Bei Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin.
Speaker 2: Kahne, Music by Nick Chambers, artwork by Dogon Krema. You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel