Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong's Joe Jetty Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: This terrorist regime began forty seven years ago by literally taking us hostages, and then here they are forty seven years later, slaughtering their own people in the streets and then holding the entire world hostage economically by threatening.
Speaker 2: To close the strait.
Speaker 3: And of course President Trump has made it very clear of the consequences if they try to do that.
Speaker 1: So the Iranians, that's Doug burghameas the Energy.
Speaker 2: Secretary, Secretary of the Interior. I think he is he talking about the exterior. I thought he was the energy secretary, all right.
Speaker 1: So Iran was going to try to mine straight of horn Moves so that none of the oil ships could go through there, and then we blew them, but Jesus out of sixteen of their mining ships yesterday to try to keep it open. But there still ain't no companies wanting to send their ship through there. Their crews are worried about dying, They're worried about losing their assets, their boat and all the oil and everything like that they can't get the insurance that they need to get from the big insurance companies all based out of London, which has caused their economics to go nuts. So there's a lot there. But then this Wall Street Journal story today that Iran is exporting more than they were before the war because they control it. They can send ships through there because they know they're not going to bomb their own ships. So they're sending more oil through the Strait than they were before the war. Why are we allowing that because it would be even more disruptive to the oil market if we bombed their ships.
Speaker 2: Yes, probably, clearly. Yeah, And we don't want to start a weird tit for tat where we're gonna sink you if you try to sink any ships, but we're gonna sink a bunch of ships ourselves. Yeah, the world economy would go nuts. I think that is ironic as heck, though, Yeah it is. Chris Wright is the Secretary of Energy, Okay, charming fellow doing a lovely job too, in my opinion, I'll take your word for it. Yeah. Doug Bergham again is mostly in charge of Bison's in Indian reservations. From what I understand as the Secretary of the Interior. I'm not sure why he's speaking on behalf the administration, but I don't mind it. He's fine, fellow.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: So do you know who Francis Fukiyama is? Doesn't really matter. He's a politicary scientist. Yeah, he made one of the worst predictions in the history of mankind, and apparently he has bounced back from his embarrassment in his writing again. And you know, I almost hesitate to bring that up, but people who recognize the name might be yelling at the radio what are you quoting him for? But I thought this is a pretty compelling piece. First, he's criticizing Donald J. For is unconditional surrender quote last week. You know I would respond, Hey, Trump says stuff and then he changes what he's going to do, and everything is strategic ambiguity with Trump. I'm not saying that's a good thing. Well, he c it would have been good if he'd communicated to the American people more clearly what our purpose was here. But it just is true about Trump. Oh oh, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think there'd be more support for the war if he'd brought everybody along for the ride. But he clarified either today or late yesterday what he meant by unconditional surrender, and it didn't sound like what you usually think when you think unconditional surrender. So yeah, that's a phrase with great historical weight and all. And Trump is no historian obviously. Do you know an FDR said it about Japan, which was very controversial. It was off the top of his head. He fired it off. He hadn't consulted, None of his people around him knew he was going to say that, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, yeah, yeah. Interesting. So as much as I'd like to continue to talking about that because because it's important and fascinating, back to the Middle East, it seems to me because he says normally a smart leader in such a situation will try to lower expectations and declare an achievable objective in the war, such as degrading the better part of Iran's ability to targets to targets strike targets with ballistic missiles and drones. This would offer an opportunity for Trump to declare victory and disengage. Instead, Trump did the opposite, except he won't. He will do what you are suggesting anyway, and people will say, hey, he changed his mind on the the the unconditional surrender thing, or he didn't really mean it or whatever. I don't think that's a big deal. But here's the really.
Speaker 1: The problem with unconditional surrender throughout history is it really? I mean, it's really you know, a rat backed into a corner fighting for its life. I mean, there's just no reason to not give it every bit of fight you've got. If your opponent is demanding unconditional surrender, it's like announcing no quarter, there will be no prisoners taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, in that case, I ain't surrendering anyway. But here's where it gets more interesting. He says, the new objective of unconditional surrender suddenly raised the gold posts to an unachievable height. Again, we're not doing that. Here's the good part. There are any number of reasons for Ron not to capitulate in the first place. Oh, I'm sorry that part is stupid too. In Iran today, well again he's hung up on the unconditional surrender thing. In historical precedents, he just says, stuff of Francis, give it up. It's fine, I'll be gone by the end of the day. So yeah, we don't have to worry about that. A second reason for thinking that surrender won't happen is that it would be exposed the regime to internal disintegration. Iran today is being ruled by force. A large part of the population hates the regime of the clerics that killed tens of thousands of protesters in January. The IRGC and the besiege, which is I mean, they got so many damned different militaries and militias and stuff that besiege are kind of internal goon squads. But there are hundreds of thousands of guys. But he writes, the IROGC and the besiege will not give up their weapons because they themselves would not survive. Oh, they'd be torn limb from limb. A final reason for not expecting unconditional surrender is that a good part of the regime can survive and continue fighting for some time to come. The air campaign has been extremely effective in going after Iran's visible military assets air defenses, ballistic missiles, drones, launch facilities, AMMO storage, military bases, and similar But the tens of thousands of individual fighters are still there and will retain some residual capacity to fight back. And again this is the part I find compelling. We've recently seen an example of what this looks like. The nearly two and a half year long war between Israel and Hamas has destroyed a huge amount of infrastructure in Gaza and is deprived Tamasa the ability to launch major attacks. But they are still there, commanding some degree of popular support and the remaining tunnels and shelters. They have not surrendered and will be a big obstacle to any attempt to rebuild guys and restore post conflict government. Gaza has a much smaller territory and Israel's been willing to enter it with ground forces. Iran, by contrast, is a very big country and has lots of places for the surviving regime to hide. It will not be possible to eliminate every missile and drone under their control, so we can expect continuing attacks on US aligned Gulf states and American facilities into the foreseeable future. The threat of a random drone strike hitting the big airline hubs in the Gulf will be economically very damaging. And you got the Straits of Horor Moves and the rest of it. So what quote unquote victory looks like, is still a really really open question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do you think Trump is open for? U? What is Trump hoping for?
Speaker 2: Boy, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: It would seem pretty unrealistic to hope for any kind of moderate leader to rise up.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you wouldn't be alive.
Speaker 1: With the current structure of all the different military forces around them.
Speaker 2: Do we strike a deal with what remains the regime and say, look, these three conditions, I can't do this, that or the other, or the dogs come back. Yeah, I think you can do. Agree.
Speaker 1: I think he'd be perfectly happy with some sort of military dictatorship taking over that says, Okay, we ain't gonna try to get a nuclear weapon, and we ain't gonna mess with the ships in the Strait, Okay, and he'd be cool, We're out. I think it's kind of interesting that from the how much support for the war is there, particularly among the Republican Party side. The Wall Street Journal editorial board is got a peace out today saying don't end this before you decimate them to the point that they can't just rebuild in a couple of years. So that's a Wall Street Journal editorial board. And then you've got Brett Stevens, the opinion writer for the New York Times, saying, here are the things that we need to do. Seize carg Island. So that's a little island there with the Strait that really puts you in control of the Strait of horror moves in their oil, particularly Iranian oil, is where you'd get you'd have so much power over Iran's oil there.
Speaker 2: And I think it's got an enormous oil facility Utah too, unless I'm thinking of a different way.
Speaker 1: It's like the key to Iranian oil is this carg Island. And Trump has been saying we should take that. Going back to nineteen seventy nine when the whole Carter hostage thing was going on, Donald Trump, billionaire playboy, was saying we need to take carg Island.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I heard it bandied about on some podcasts and everybody thought that was just crazy in a bridge too far and all that sort of stuff. But Brett Stevens in the New York Times saying we should take carg Island. Mine's absolutely going to take Marines, I would assume, So yeah, a lot of them, Yeah, mine or blockade Iran's remaining ports.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty provocative thing.
Speaker 1: Destroy as much Iranian military capabilities possible over the next week or two, including a second Midnight Hammer operation, destroy what's left of Morand's nuclear capacity and know how, and then threaten the gen regime with further bombing if it massacres its own citizens, mounts terrorist attacks anywhere, or anything like that. That's the moderate conservative Brett Stevens in the New York Times sounding more warlike than Lindsey Graham in that piece.
Speaker 2: In the New York Times. So that's Oh, I almost I almost forgot to bring up Pickaxe Mountain. You boys, don't go down to pick Axe Mountain. It's got a really old timey Western name. It's a new facility, a nuclear facility in Iran that's buried one hundred feet hundreds of feet underneath granite that they say is going to be even harder to take out than the Fodoh facility and would probably take footwear on the turf, if you will. So that might be coming up too. So back to unconditioned because to the greater point, if that facility is entirely intact, and and the and and this all settles down and then six months from now if they announced a we got a bomb, So, I mean, that would be waterly unacceptable. Wow, that'd be a yeah, that'd be something back to unconditional surrender. This is what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: Caroline Levitt was asked about what unconditional surrender means in the White House press room yesterday afternoon, and she said.
Speaker 2: What the President means as because that's the way she talks. I'm not going to talk that way when she orders a pizza, that's how she talks. It's so obnoxious. I mean, she's a hell of an upgrade from uh KJP or whatever. That'sh sol stridens in her tone.
Speaker 1: But anyways, what the President means is that when he is Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces determines that Iran no longer poses a threat to the United States and the goals of Operation Epic Fury has been fully realized, then Iran will essentially be in a place of unconditional surrender, whether they say it themselves or not. So by that whatever, by that definition, just when we decided over they've unconditionally surrendered.
Speaker 2: They will surrender under conditions that I have not yet set. So I guess that's what it made. So yeah, that's fine. Anybody hung up on that as a phone now, No, I'm not worried about it. The oil situation is pretty damned interesting.
Speaker 1: Are we going to take that carg island and take Iran's oil and try to work out some sort of deal like you get to be a military dictatorship or the Revolutionary Guard runs the country or whatever, but we are going to control a lot of the oil.
Speaker 2: They're going to agree to that, and you got to agree to rename yourselves venez y Ran. I suppose if you bomb them enough they agree with it, because I don't. Otherwise you're dead.
Speaker 1: And if you're dead, really no, you know, the percentages of oil you get don't matter that much.
Speaker 2: When you're dead. All you got is an indeterminate number of virgins. And that's kind of it. Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Kind of liked the fact that Kobe Bryant had the second highest score in NBA history, but some guy passed him last night with eighty three points. Interesting stats about that you're a sports fan at all, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 2: Stay here, Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Eighty three points, the second highest scoring game in NBA history.
Speaker 2: He didn't come out of the game and here from the tide and we see we went home.
Speaker 4: It just became a domino effect from there. My teammates was feeding and I was making shots. And then once I got to seventy, I was like, well as well, see how far you can get at this point, and ended up eighty three once.
Speaker 2: You got to seventy.
Speaker 1: So this gam bam ad a bio who I'd never even heard of before. And I'm a kind of an NBA fan, but he's not a household name like wil Chamberlain and Kobe Bryant obviously, who have the will if you if you're a fan of the NBA at all the low everyone knows the Lord the Wilt Chammerans scored one hundred points in a game, which it's just a stunning number. It was not a televised game, so nobody's ever seen any highlights of it. Then Kolbe, toward the end of his career, scored eighty two once and that was the secondhest. This guy last night for the Miami Heat scores eighty three points. Miami wins one fifty one twenty nine. It's a high scoring name. Wham bam, thank you, ma'am, bam at a bio. He's the center slash power forward six', nine twenty eight year. Old and here's the couple of the interesting stats if you're a fan of THE nba at. All first of, all he shot about fifty percent for the field and thirty percent from three point, land which are both good numbers and put out lots and lots of. Shots but when a guy is hitting like, that you start following him Right, well that's the. Problem so even though he's placed, center and usually centers can't shoot free throws for, crap he made thirty six of forty three free throw a. Time forty three times he went to the line and he made thirty six of.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: Wow so if a guy's on fire from the free from, line it doesn't god do any good to follow him because the clock is stopped and your scoring points is how thirty.
Speaker 2: Six from the, line forty seven from the field shooting Fifty.
Speaker 1: Wow, anyway those are some stunning, numbers and the team went just berzircle at the. End they were so excited to get, him you, know the second all time highest, SCORE i Mean champagne and everybody really enjoyed, it so it's it's not like The i've always really liked the bit From Adam. Sandler that was one of his first bits that got him On Johnny. Carson we back in the day about When Wilt chamberlain scored a hundred points and he's in the team. Huddles, first the team huddle for the other, Team, hey who's Got? Wilt he's, Hot and then the team huddle For wilt one of the other, Players, Hey, Wilt i'm hoping my parents are.
Speaker 2: Here could you a hundred?
Speaker 1: Points, Yeah but the teammates for this guy were not, like, Hey i'm, Hey i'm. Open they were like getting him the balls much as they could see if they could get him the.
Speaker 2: Record, yeah, yeah what if fans it was probably? Fun oh, yeah oh, yeah that'd be a. Hoot what team does he play, For Miami? Heat are they in a playoff? RUN i assume they? Are, yeah, yeah, Okay, yeah that had to be super exciting and. Fun on the same, night THE us lost To italy in The World Baseball. Classic, Italy, yeah Unless DiMaggio is still, playing that's. Outrageous italy has some major, leaguers, definitely but they're like you're you haven't heard of them unless you're a big Fan major. Leaguers where we The United states are fielding an all star team of some of the biggest names in all of the. World and we were down eight nothing to The italians last night and ended up losing and might not be we might be out of the tournament depending on How mexico does. Today, well that's why they, play you, know a seven game, series and they play one hundred and sixty two games because the nature of the game of, baseball a less our team can beat a better especially with a hot. Pitcher because, right. Exactly, yeah, yeah so that's too, bad, though national humiliation during this time of war would not be.
Speaker 1: Good, yeah not good for ratings, either to lose THE us Because i'm sure they were looking forward to THE Us japan matchup. Eventually, okay we'll get into some of the news on the way if you missed the Sec megets Podcast armstrong And.
Speaker 5: Getty and, finally a mail enhancement supplement called Rhino choco vip ten x has been recalled because it contains the active ingredient found in the erecta of dysfunction Drug. Sialis customers became suspicious when they took something Called Rhino choco vip ten x and it actually.
Speaker 2: Worked, yeah no.
Speaker 1: KIDDING i take one of those you probably bought at the convenience, store And i'm thinking.
Speaker 2: This might have ass for Then, hey we got some breaking.
Speaker 1: News dozens of countries have agreed to release four hundred million barrels of oil from the reserves in a move to ease prices on the global oil. Market soo big release of reserve oil during the uranium.
Speaker 2: War which Helps trump out in the war. EFFORT i think Hurts, russia which is. Good so there you. Go, yeah, YEAH i don't recall a major news story that had so many possible. OUTCOMES i, mean like the thing With ukraine And. RUSSIA i can come up with like three, probably but this has half a dozen of possible outcomes ANYWAY i want it to.
Speaker 1: COME i can make a transition from that to what we're about to talk about in That i'm a little tired of hearing the constant chatter of how expensive this war. Is for, instance one of the big talking points of the last twenty four hours was the initial days cost five billion. Dollars, really all of a, sudden five billion, dollars gets your. Attention nine billion dollars of taxpayer money stolen In minnesota. Alone, yeah wasn't of any interest to you in a, time skull. Hawk now are you.
Speaker 2: In a tiny? State?
Speaker 1: Eight, yes but five billion of the immense defense. Budget get to your attention and that's like a headline for. You, okay, Whatever speaking of wasted. MONEY Cbs Evening news last night with a big story about all the fraud that's going on in another different.
Speaker 2: Area here we.
Speaker 6: Go sixty nine year old Doctor Lynn ioni, was according To medicare, records dying in hospice care two years, ago something she discovered when she sought physical therapy for a pickleball.
Speaker 2: Injury AND i said.
Speaker 6: What Ioni's medicare number had been stolen and used by a company to enroll her in hospice. CARE A Cbs news investigation found an industry ripe for, fraud especially In. California companies accused of overbilling real patients denied care and it's costing hundreds of millions of taxpayer. DOLLARS Cbs news analyzed every hospice licensed In La, county more than seventeen, hundred and checked for the same warning signs the state used in an audit of the, industry like multiple hospices packed into one, building or caregivers whose patients suppose the death store are discharged.
Speaker 1: Alive and that's just In La. County and why CAN cbs news do? That but you, know no government auditor can for some, reason you, know compare you look at a building in the, air then you realize what there's like dozens of these rehab clinics. HERE i find that hard to believe because they don't. Care that's exactly. Right that's why they don't. Care there's more to this.
Speaker 2: Story three years, Ago california state, auditor which is surprising that the state auditor would do anything At, california sounded the alarm That La county had seen a fifteen hundred percent increase in hospice companies since twenty, ten so a dozen, years fifteen times as many hospice, companies more than six times the national average relative to its elderly.
Speaker 1: Population, well that's like when they were grilling what's the bald headed governor Of Minnesota Walls Tim walls the other day about there was a one hundred and fifty percent increase in a year in various kinds of autism, clinics, right and, like in one, year come, On Wall Street journal had a big story about the autism therapy, thing and how what a big chunk of medicaid fraud that. Is, like it's a, giant giant industry where all kinds of people are. Well sometimes people that don't even exist are getting getting.
Speaker 2: Money, yeah, yeah so the boom and autism therapy Is medicaid's fastest growing. Jackpot companies have found lucrative opportunities to capitalize on a growing, need billing long, hours extracting payments as high as eight hundred dollars an. Hour here's this cute midwestern. Gal she looks to Be the age is probably in here. Somewhere there's certainly no more than forties young. Woman she first launched her autism therapy business in twenty. Nineteen let me do some quick math for. You it's like six seven years, Ago Max, Okay and she took An she took aim at an unlikely source of, Profit indiana's taxpayer Funded medicaid program public insurance system for the. Poor worth noting before we even dive into, This indiana has cleaned up their act a lot under their. Governor they are a case study in nipping this crap in the bud as opposed to Like minnesota Or. California but having said, that here's what it looks like in. Now she founded this thing in twenty. Nineteen in twenty twenty, three the state Paid Miss mitchell's, company piece by Piece Autism centers twenty nine million dollars in a year to provide therapy to just eighty four. Patients that's about three hundred and forty thousand dollars per, child which surpassed What Indiana medicaid typically spends in a year treating a newly diagnosed lung cancer patient or covering a year of twenty four hour nursing home. Care but it all got by because nobody gives a crap about tax payer. Dollars reimbursements were as high as six hundred and forty dollars an hour for routine therapy that can be administered by workers with little more than a high school. Diploma its highest payments were more than ten times higher than the nation's, average but nobody. Cares she just submitted these, gigantic breathtaking bills and they kept getting. Paid Unbelievable mitchell said her company complied With indiana's rules and the state never objected to her. Prices, quote and this is the WOMAN i don't think In indiana really had any oversight or not, much Said, mitchell who bought a series of, properties including a two and a half million dollar home On Florida's Santa Belle island and a six hundred thousand dollars waterfront house on The Tippecanoe river In indiana while her company's medicaid billings.
Speaker 1: Soared so are there little autistic kids who are actually getting paired getting care and they're incredibly stressed out parents trying to figure out how to deal with the.
Speaker 2: Situation they don't make that. Clear the hallmark of the minnesot To somali, scandal it wasn't All, somali's but a lot was that the kids either didn't exist or didn't have. Autism there are kickbacks to the, parents that sort of. Thing this appears to be just an entrepreneur Saying i'm gonna follow all the, rules But i'm gonna bill them just ridiculous amounts and see if they'll pay. It and the answer yes they.
Speaker 1: WILL i don't, KNOW i don't know Where i'd draw the line on that. ONE i, mean at some point you're ripping people. Off but IF i send IF i send it in paperwork Says i'm now charging eight hundred dollars an, hour and you just send me back a.
Speaker 2: CHECK i hear, YOU i hear. You. So The Wall Street journal analyzed provider's payments per patient as well as the overall number of hours per. Patient blah blah. Blah many providers in, nationwide nationwide build a high number of hours of therapy for nearly every. Patient experts said that their's pe plan should be tailored to individual children's needs and the numbers should. Vary but this one autism treatment plant In, seattle it's a program run Through Seattle Children's, hospital said she never recommends forty hours per. Week but, no of course. Not now that would be a lot of journal analysis. Build let's see In, Indiana, Minnesota, Colorado, Colorado Slowdown. Joe In florida, alone sixty one different autism therapy companies out of about eleven, hundred build an average of thirty more hours or thirty or more hours of weekly therapy per child in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three if you've ever had a kid that had do any kind of. Therapy that's not the numbers you. Have unless you've got a profoundly autistic or injured, Kid you're not doing thirty to forty hours worth of.
Speaker 2: ANYTHING i, mean it would just be. Unworkable Private equity back To Action Behavior, centers one of the LARGEST us, providers Build Colorado's medicaid program for some of the most hours propation of any. Provider its children received an average of thirty three hours of therapy a, week with more than three quarters getting full time, therapy and at least one. Week action received eighteen million dollars In medicaid payments from the state that.
Speaker 1: Year so the problem with a lot of this is you can't get people to care enough to get any momentum to hold anybody to. Account nobody ever pays a price for this, stuff very very few and the only, way there's only one single way you can stop this sort of stuff from, happening and it's you don't give the government the money in the first.
Speaker 2: Place that's the only thing you can.
Speaker 1: Do, now how you work that out with the fact that there are kids with autism and they do need, care and we do have a safety net that takes care of them without letting it get out of. HAND i don't, know but if you send them less, money there's less opportunity to steal.
Speaker 2: It, yeah true. Enough and if you see a seven hundred percent increase in a particular sort of expenditure in a year or, two that ought to be a red. Flag, yeah nobody cares about. That in a closely related, story a couple of, democratics democratic politicians with the hots for The White. House oh what's his? NAME a couple of. Senators we'll go into the particulars in a, bit including Old spartacus, guy let's, Say Corey. Booker their big plan for quote unquote affordability is to further narrow the tax. Pool grant no federal income tax to people who make up to x thousand dollars a, year and it's a lot higher than it is right. Now so they want to get even fewer people who give a single s about how tax money.
Speaker 1: Spent, well we've got the tax we've got the tax story of the day for the crowd that likes that sort of. Thing coming up right after we tell you about rough, greens which is a live supplement you add to your dog's. Food your dog's food is going to stay the, same but you're gonna start Adding Rough greens on top of it for the health of your.
Speaker 2: Dog you, see traditional dog food is shelf stable for years because it's. Lifeless rough brings Leugh, Group i'm. Sorry roughgreens brings the nutrition back packed with live, vitamins, minerals, probiotics digestive, enzymes and omega. Oils it's all about keeping your dog, active mobile and alert as they age with all sorts of great natural antioxidants and other.
Speaker 1: Stuff, yeah so you can try it out for, free just the shipping. Cost roughgreens is offering a Free jumpstart trial. Bag all you do is cover the shipping and use the discount Code armstrong to claim your Free Jumpstart trial bag At roughgreens dot, Com ruffgreens Dot, Com.
Speaker 2: Roughgreens Dot com remember that promo Code. Armstrong don't change your dog's, food just Add roughgreens and watch the health benefits come alive. Again you just cover the Shipping roughgreens Dot com remember that promo Code.
Speaker 1: Armstrong So David, drucker friend of The armstrong In Getty, show who we've had on, many many, times writing about taxes, Today and What joe is just talking about narrowing the tax, space presuming that wealthy voters aren't going to vote with their feet and re locate to avoid owner's taxes in today's post pandemic society is foolish politically and as a matter of public. Policy what is he responding to the news That Howard schultz is Leaving. Seattle he Started starbucks, company he became incredibly. Rich seattle is his. Home he's a big, entrepreneur he's a star. There he's leaving the same day that the legislature In washington passed a nine point nine percent state tax on income over a million dollars a. Year they currently have zero sales to or state, tax zero state, tax but now they're going to have nine point nine percent on all income over a million dollars a. Year and the richest, GUY i don't know if he's the richest guy In, seattle but he's got to be in the running is Saying.
Speaker 2: I'm out and he's moving To. Florida unless my math is. Incorrect if you make a million dollars a, year first of, all. Congratulations, secondly that's one hundred thousand dollars tax increase all of a, sudden if ONLY i make a million dollars a. Year, yeah so, yeah above. It, yeah that's. Something that's.
Speaker 1: Something and, again As David drucker, said you think that rich people are just gonna stick, around aw. SHUCKS i Guess i'll have to pay the five percent billionaire tax In california or the ten percent new millionaire tax In washington, Whoever and that people aren't gonna?
Speaker 2: Leave what is your thinking? THERE i could afford to live anywhere On, earth, potologist write a check for one hundred thousand or more To Washington state or.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah your good. Point these people are more mobile than the rest of. Us he just, bought, actually we know what he, Bought. Schultz he just bought a forty four million dollar pit house at the Surf club at The Four Seasons Private residents In. Miami i'm looking at, it and it looks pretty damn nice with a pretty cool.
Speaker 2: View i'll bet it.
Speaker 1: Is, yeah but now people of his wealth can, say AND i, Want i'll come back and visit ANYTIME i want in a private.
Speaker 2: Plane But i'm out of. Here my final note on, this And i'd love to talk about this more, later is the edgemacation you get in, life BECAUSE i remember studying politics and political systems ages go in, college and and everybody approaches it as if people are, rational as if voters are, rational for, instance and have reasonably good. Information Just i'm going to read you a sentence from a story about how the far left political parties are surging In, europe especially among of, course young, voters and they highlight for a moment here The Green party In. Britain it wants to nationalize, utilities legalize, drugs withdraw FROM, nato welcome all asylum, seekers heavily tax private, landlords and of course they're deeply critical Of israel's military actions In. Gaza there you, Go so you're going to tax the crap out of, landlords that'll free up some, housing and withdraw FROM. Nato these people are freaking, insane and yet they're getting growing.
Speaker 1: Support in emoji, News Coming up has dropped eight new, emojis and as always, happens it comes with an apology for one of the.
Speaker 2: Emojis what that other stuff on the. Way So Joe.
Speaker 1: Rogan came out pretty hard against the Warn iran. YESTERDAY i don't know how much that matters he's a pretty influential. GUY i don't know how much he REPRESENTS, maga but he Said trump ran on no more stupid wars and now we're in.
Speaker 2: One so that's his. Take and AGAIN i don't know how much OF maga that. Represents no. Idea, yeah he came off as a guy who just doesn't know much about the topic and is.
Speaker 1: Mystified eight new emojis just dropped From, apple including one controversial icon that prompted apology From.
Speaker 2: Apple oh, No.
Speaker 1: I've never used an emoji Because i'm a grown. Up but they've got eight new. Emojis how many emojis there are? Now there's like a, lot, right? Hundreds eight new ones that were. Approved this is the PART i. Like this is the Reason i'm bringing up that were approved by The Unicode. Consortium oh, Okay i'd like to be involved in. THAT i would be. Fun meetings you go into and somebody puts an emoji up, there and then you argue about whether or not it should be on the, iPhone and then you have a.
Speaker 2: VOTE i would do.
Speaker 1: IT a guy with a what about the one eyed how are they gonna feel about?
Speaker 2: This you? Know and that sort of. Thing what about seafaring. Marauders they don't. Like it's a, culture not a, costume, right that sort of. Thing so here are your new emojis that you'll be able to use however you. Want ballet, dancer you think you needed that?
Speaker 1: Now and then that looks like a, guy just to let you. Know, oh, okay d the leotard Trombone joe'll be able to drop that, One. Dow and then, sorry SORRY i couldn't take your.
Speaker 2: CALL i was.
Speaker 1: Busy and then you got your trombone. EMOJI i think it's probably more. Used is like a sad.
Speaker 2: Trombone that's What i'm guessing you would use that emoji For. Katie you buy?
Speaker 1: That, yeah, sure treasure, chest fight cloud kind of like looks like from the Old Looney tunes when they get in a. Fight it's just like whoa, okay dust flying orc of the, whale a, Landslide harry creature look Like Harry creature looks to Be.
Speaker 2: Bigfoot IF i used, EMOJIS i might use that. ONE i don't know for.
Speaker 1: What but and then a distorted face which is somehow, controversial AND i couldn't finish the paragraph that explained why because it was boring me too. MUCH i gave up with the pregnant man when they released that.
Speaker 2: One oh do they still have that on? There? Oh yes they do. Do, yeah Because i've gone to see The apple and men can't get. Pregnant well according To Apple joe they. Can, well well they, can't is the. Thing so that one got by the if you ACCIDENTALLY i interrupted, you if you accidentally sent the pregnant man? Emoji, katy you KNOW i.
Speaker 1: HAVE i really would like to be on The Unicode. Consortium let me on. There i'd love to sit around and argue about various emojis all day. Long sounds like a good. Idea and then all the different. Faces And i've had to regularly do this where somebody sends me an emoji And i'm, LIKE i don't know what they're trying to tell. Me SO i take the emoji and paste it On google and say what the hell does this? Mean and then it explains it to.
Speaker 2: Me there's the pregnant, man or maybe he just drinks a lot of, beer got a food, Baby.
Speaker 1: Because like the basic faces where you got the two eyes with the straight mouth or the slightly downcurved mouth with the downcurve mouth but the big, eyes or the downcurve mouth with the closed, eyes or the downturned mouth but the eyebrows. RAISED i, mean those are all very subtle, variations, Right.
Speaker 2: AND i don't know what you're trying to tell. Me SEE i, do, though And katie. DOES i wonder if you have like some sort of deficit for that sort of. Thing maybe one, skeptical the other's mildly, disappointed and the. Others you, KNOW i don't remember the list you just. Right, well they're so SMALL i can barely see him anyway to hold my phone out, here and you're. BLIND i ain't ever tell what that.
Speaker 1: Is why don't you use words like we started doing ABOUT i don't know a million years. Ago explain to me what you were thinking about me in? Words are your eyes closed or? OPEN i don't know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Uh we got more in the way if you miss it in the Podcast armstrong And getty