Speaker 1: Well, I invited you here, thought I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: But you're a guest to my home.
Speaker 1: You gotta come to me empty, And I said, no, guest, your presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff, So how did you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 3: Welcome to, I said, no gifts. I'm Bridgard Wineger. We're in the backyard. I'm still reeling from the live show and kind of the assault that happened there, just the audience, the guests, everyone attacking me. Oh, but you know, it was a nice time, and I hope you enjoyed being there or watching, or third option, listening. I'm still, of course, getting the emails from the gun website, from the bridger I mentioned at the show, I've decided not to unsubscribe because I've realized that really lets me keep an eye on this person's purchases. So should he, you know, start making alarming choices, I can alert his family the proper authorities. So watch out that Bridger. I think we should get into the podcast. I adore today's guest. It's Rachel Dretch. Hi, Rachel, welcome to. I send no gifts.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to have you here.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's so lovely here, listeners. I'm sure you've heard that before, listeners. But I'm here to.
Speaker 3: Concur you're here just for a brief time, so I feel like I'm ruining your trip.
Speaker 2: No, actually I had nothing going on today's you've provided me an activity.
Speaker 3: Wonderful What you do in LA when you don't have anything going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't been here for a while. Sometimes I meet up with friends. A lot of my friends are out of town right now, so doing a lot of staring into space. But I'm here on a little job. So I was doing that yesterday in the day before Days, my first free day. Oh so I was just walking around the neighborhood that I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And the weather is not quite as as it was, very nice. It's got a breeze. I think it's about eighty two, which is kind of the ideal summer temperature for me. Yes, there's still I thought school was out, but it sounds like the school children they're trapped at the school.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a day camp happening.
Speaker 3: There may be a day camp or an child training or yeah something. I don't know what they do at school Army training. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the first time we met.
Speaker 2: Yes, we met at a swanky ski lodge in Park City, Utah.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was must have been such an alarming interaction for you.
Speaker 2: No, because okay, first of all, I knew your name because I followed you on Twitter, which it was then called and I loved your I don't know how you came across my feed or whatever they call it, but anyway, I loved all of your quips and comments since I followed you and I had no idea who you were or anything. And then you approached me in the swanky ski lodge lobby and you said your name was Bridger. I was like, oh my gosh, I love you. One of those kind of things.
Speaker 3: I need to correct the history a little bit here, because Jim was with.
Speaker 2: Me right and I didn't know him yet.
Speaker 3: You didn't know him, but we saw we were just we had been on a drive. It was the winter time. We had been driving, and I don't know why we stopped. I probably had to pee, because that's every twenty hotel. Look, if I have an opportunity, I gotel.
Speaker 2: Like the swankiest hotel. I don't want people to make I usually roll like this, but this was my once a year back then. This is my once a year split.
Speaker 3: Well, we walked up one just throwing cash into the fireplace exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what it's like.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I guess we must have stopped for me to use the restroom. I can't imagine others station. Oh my god, I didn't get.
Speaker 2: To They have a whole like Smores cart. It's like Willie Wanka situation. Anyway, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: God, I've got to get to this place.
Speaker 2: We don't just pee there. We have the smorest cart. Anyway, go on.
Speaker 3: I was with Jim. I was working on Commissimid at the time, but we hadn't met. You were on that season but not in my episode, so we hadn't actually met.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, now I remember, and we followed each other on Twitter but did not know each other. And of course Jim takes this bit of information and says, well, you have to say hi to her. Of course, it's like this woman is on vacation. I'm leaving her alone. But this is how it goes in every interaction with him and me is I'm pushed into it. So I just want people to know I don't just approach people on their vacations.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I was very excited to meet you.
Speaker 3: You were so wonderful because.
Speaker 2: Now I remember, yes, you were a kimmy and maybe that's why. Anyway, No, I was, I mean I flipped out to meet you, so it all worked out.
Speaker 3: Were you skiing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you an active skier?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of like now now I go like once a year, but I grew up kind of skiing. I mean it's like the one sport I was kind of okay at but I'm probably not now. But anyway, but I go because I just like the whole vibe.
Speaker 3: Right, you know. And you grew up learning to ski in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would go up to New Hampshire. How is the skiing there, Well, it's it's kind of it's very icy and people's skiing jeans. It was very like like we would go up every weekend with friends and just like it was. I don't I know, this sounds weird to say, because I right now like skiing became like this very like rich person thing, right, But back then it was a little more janky in Massachusetts. So anyway, Yeah, so it's a lot harder out there because it's it's icy.
Speaker 3: Did it take you a long time to learn?
Speaker 2: Well, I started when I was a kid, So I don't really those things, you know. I want to, like, like, I have a kid, and I want him to learn everything when he's a kid, because whatever it is, like music, language is like like those things are really hard to learn as adult.
Speaker 3: Nearly impossible.
Speaker 2: I mean I never quite picked up the language thing, you know anyway. So yeah, so you want to you want to expose your kids everything.
Speaker 3: And so as a skier, now do you feel like you're a decent skier?
Speaker 2: I'm okay. I don't go down the black diamonds.
Speaker 3: But you're going up to everything. What's the closest of blue or red blue? I can do a blue blue. That's that's difficult.
Speaker 2: Ski Blue's fine.
Speaker 3: Wow. Do you feel like your kid's better than you?
Speaker 2: No, because we don't go that often.
Speaker 3: Oh right, the whole history.
Speaker 2: You know, he's he's really into basketball. He's not that sweet. Yeah, it's a once in a while thing.
Speaker 3: Did you ever play basketball?
Speaker 2: No? No, I didn't. I'm a horrible athlete.
Speaker 3: You're in good company.
Speaker 2: Actually, I did the ancestry DNA thing, and now they give you traits too. What Yeah, so they tell you what traits. It's like stuff like you like cilantro or you have wet earwax. I'm not kidding, but this just came up in my thing. But one thing is said like athletic ability, and it said like lower athletic about it. I was like, I knew it, Like I didn't need to see that in prank because I knew it. I'm a terrible athlete.
Speaker 3: They broached you.
Speaker 2: All my friends from growing up are really good athletes, like all of them, and I never was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: It was just it's a thing that I'm not a good athlete. Even now when we go on like lady trips, they'll wake up at like seven am, like let's go for a three mile run. I'm like, oh God, can I please hang out with the loafers?
Speaker 3: People of doing that in their personal time, they just know their friends are around it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: So vacation no no, no running.
Speaker 2: Running and whatever, working out all.
Speaker 3: That early morning exercise on vacation all into that. That's a problem. So you're getting all of these traits now. I'm actually kind of interested in getting into this ancestry website, giving them my all of my.
Speaker 2: Person I didn't really think of that part of it. But yeah, well they say like if you if you're a night owl, if you like dancing, I'm not killing all this stuff, which I do, and it's like I do I do?
Speaker 3: Did it feel mostly accurate?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: So what about Cilantro? Do you like Selan?
Speaker 2: Oh? I like Cilantro? It said I didn't, So that's Oh that's a real fifty got really boring Cilanto anyway, Sorry, that's a bust on myself. Not I knew.
Speaker 3: Okay. I wonder how they figure out the dancing thing that makes zero I know, I know it.
Speaker 2: Also like extrovert, I think is part of which I am, And it said so I would be.
Speaker 3: And wow, I feel like that must just be a lot of guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how they do it. I don't know which gene you know, little segment counts for some of.
Speaker 3: This stuff dancing.
Speaker 2: You're kind of interested in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you do like dancing? I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not saying I'm good at it, but I do you like it?
Speaker 3: How often are you're dancing?
Speaker 2: Not? Not very often? Get events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's me when I'm at a wedding time of my life. Yes, and everyone's shocked. Oh really, and I'm enjoying. But then and I think, oh, this is so much fun. But then, what other opportunity do you ever have to dance?
Speaker 2: I know, not very often.
Speaker 3: When was the last time we were dancing?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 2: I just went to my college reunion, was dancing there. We have the silent disco. Have you ever done that?
Speaker 3: I actually did recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 3: It's a very it's an interesting experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think it's gonna not be connected, but it is because everyone's like, go to like there's three channels like Blue, Red, and Green, and they each have a different song playing. So have a good song. Because everyone was like, go to blue, go to blue, and then everyone jams out together.
Speaker 3: Were they different?
Speaker 2: Like no, they're not even different genres. I don't know why. I didn't really understand. But anyway, sorry, but that's so. I was just dancing, like last week, dancing the night away till two in the morning. People, it's in the genes. It's in my genes. Night owl and likes to dance.
Speaker 3: So I want to see this because I don't think I've seen either of my parents ever dance. Oh really, not in a single situation. Okay, so I want to put ancestry. You have to see maybe if.
Speaker 2: I maybe it's maybe it's it's nurture that you like to dance and not in nature. I don't know what I'm saying here. Okay, you got my my hypothesizing.
Speaker 3: No, keep going scientifically. That's get some more theory.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's all I have theory wise.
Speaker 3: Did you find anything about out about your family history or anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I mean, without going into it, found a secret relative. Oh, I didn't expect that. I know it. It was kind of up the tree. So it wasn't like I have a sister, and it wasn't that drastic. But did not expect that.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 2: But you know what else I found out. I'm looking through ancestry at like your DNA matches, and I see the name of my dad's best friend who we grew up with. Talking about the skiing We went skiing with this family in New Hampshire. We would go up, we would share this like janky house with them. There's this guy who's like my dad's like they work together best buddy. There's his name on my ancestry as a third cousin.
Speaker 3: What and you just know this?
Speaker 2: No, And my dad unfortunately already passed away when I saw this, But I called up the guy and like, I was like, are you and he's like yeah, the whole time we're related. So now these these kids I grew up as family friends are actually like my fourth cousins or something.
Speaker 3: And none of you knew that, none of.
Speaker 2: Us knew, and we still don't even know the connection.
Speaker 3: It's weird when you get into third and fourth cousins where it starts. It means less and less a lot less, yeah, but still is way more connected than anybody else. It's a hard thing to parse. It's like, should I care about you more? Yeah? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wait, have you done any of this?
Speaker 3: No? I grew up and I was just about to say, you.
Speaker 2: Grew up Mormon. And they have all the records and they're bread and butter. So before ancestream came out, there was the library, right, yes, and you can go look up your records before the internet existence.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They I think they basically like my mom does this, They like send her old records, old birth charts or whatever birth certificates ancient things, and she looks at them, the scans of them, and then types out their information to continue documenting.
Speaker 2: These people, like about her own people or just everybody.
Speaker 3: It's a giant volunteer project.
Speaker 2: And how did that start? Like why the Mormons and why why?
Speaker 3: That's because it's because Mormons. This is a controversial subjects. They baptize dead people, okay, into the religion, and so they get these names they're collecting, they're collecting members members, and so they like have just endless lists of names from history who they're baptizing. There have been some controversial ones. Pretty sure Hitler got baptized at one point. You know, I don't think that was the I don't think they end goal, but somehow somebody got that in. I would need to be fact checked, but I'm pretty sure that's true. But yeah, there are things like that that happen, and so and obviously there's just a focus. They obviously love family history, loved each other, and there's a real push for family so they care about it a lot. Yeah, And so to answer your question, I don't know anything about my family history because it was one of those things culturally growing up where like you know, I wasn't interested in any of it. So it's like I was. I'm almost kind of a I was allergic to it. I don't care. It's some people who are from Scandinavia or something, but i've slowly it's like Irish and Scottish and English and the Swedishish, German, various white people from around the world. But if you ask my mom, I bet she could really break it down for you. And you know, ancestry dot Com, I guess kind of just took the idea and ran with it. They said, let's put some more computers in this thing. Yeah, and now the Mormons can't tell you if you like cilantro or not.
Speaker 2: That's true. They don't have that edge. They don't have that you know, you like to dance or not. Or how wet your earwaxes, which is disgusting, but that was something I was surprised to see as a treat I guess some people dry and some people have wet. He I know, it's so gross. I just kind of imagenetic. What sorry to talk about ear wax everybody. I'm just trying to imagine ear off your lunch right now.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like, I guess I'm only used to my own earwax, so I can't. I've never really interacted with other people.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's probably good.
Speaker 3: So I might be a freak who knows that someone might look at my ear wax and be like this genetically this a monster. But I feel like it's pretty normal earwax. I've never had trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 3: They tell you shouldn't clean out your ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we shouldn't use a Q tip, I think, But then what, I don't know that that falls like low on my list of problems concerns. Whatever.
Speaker 3: Are you using a Q tip? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I mean I don't. I don't really focus on smoke everybody.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, I used to use Q tips in my ears. I'm still occasionally tempted. I keep them out of my bathroom, okay, because if they're there, I will use them constantly. It really is like smoking for me. Jim's like, well, I need Q tips in the bathroom. I was like, well, if you put them in there all.
Speaker 2: Yours, this is really a thing. You're tempted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you hid them, and I've of course found them Oh, it's truly almost one to one with smoking. And now I'm probably damaging my ears, Like, oh gosh, it's just so tempting. And it's not like I have a horrible ear wax problem. It's just like into you. I'm wonder if ancestor could tell me that that you love Q tips. Maybe I'm going to sign up for the website. I'm going to send them all my blood. Okay, what do you do?
Speaker 2: You swap your you spit into a little cup.
Speaker 3: Oh, you spit like.
Speaker 2: A teeny little vial o.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that feels like not enough.
Speaker 2: I don't know it did the trick, I guess.
Speaker 3: So where are most of your ancestors from.
Speaker 2: Well, they're all from what is now the Ukraine.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, eastern eastern.
Speaker 2: Scratch right yeah wow?
Speaker 3: But yeah, and does your family line in the United States go fairly far back? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, they're all like immigrants from okay, like the nineteenth century, twenties, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, twentieth century.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I can't imagine my ancestors go that far back in American history. They were all in the they all went west.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, I grew up in Massachusetts where there's you know, people that were on the Mayflower, but then there's a lot of immigrants there too, so it's sort of a mix of wasps and.
Speaker 3: Right, the Mayflower. When you can trace it back to the Mayflower.
Speaker 2: You're I know, you're really, you're really in here. We need to have one of those Mayflower names.
Speaker 3: Plymouth, Plymouth rockmoth Rock.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they say, so.
Speaker 3: They say, who can trust Plymouth Rock? Uh? Well, you know, I would go on and on and on about family history. That's kind of what the theme of this podcast is.
Speaker 2: But there is how do we start talking about that? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Skiing skiing, Wow, shosetski?
Speaker 2: How did we get.
Speaker 4: To the stream?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Athletic ability? Athletic ability as it's in my DNA to not be good at athletic things.
Speaker 3: Right, I bet you have an excellent memory.
Speaker 2: I do have a good memory. Mind I think it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I mean, you just demonstrated you were able to figure this out, this thing that happened six minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, well interviews.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very you know, I was excited to.
Speaker 2: Until I started talking about ear wets. Okay, Mad you're here, okay, wire excited.
Speaker 3: I was excited to have Rachel here. I just adore you. I thought we'll have a nice time. Yeah, we'll move on with our days.
Speaker 2: Okay. Perfect.
Speaker 3: So I was a little surprised when you showed up to my house late. Well, now you've really told on yourself.
Speaker 2: I got lost.
Speaker 3: It was not a problem for me. I lead a very relaxed life. Okay, okay, but you were holding up the podcast is called I said, no gifts, Rachel. Yes, you showed up with a not only a gift bag, one that had some very specific instructions from the get go.
Speaker 2: Well, I had to put it in the freezer. And can I do we talk about the gift now or no?
Speaker 3: Well, I've we wait, oh but we're.
Speaker 2: Going to talk about the gift. Let me just explain something about the gift everyone who's listening. I only found out I was doing this today. So now, if i'd had more time, I would have, you know, thought more carefully, thought of something really cool, gone to like some thrift store and found some cool item, as I'm sure a lot of people do on this show. But I had no notice in a town I don't live it, so I walked to the Larchmont area, and you know, I didn't like there's a lot of cute little stores there. You're like, oh my god, I can't get them a candle. I can't get them a book. These are like those last minute like oh my god, I need a birthday present exactly. And then you I really started thinking about gift giving when this whole thing came up. Gifts I received, gifts I've given, et cetera. So I think I found something, and then I found another something to supplement the something.
Speaker 3: I mean, preface our past guests so much credit?
Speaker 2: Oh really, Okay, I was imagining, like.
Speaker 3: The range is, you know, from garbage to valuable to meaningful. Okay, but it's all over the place. Okay, so it sounds like you've already put in more thought than probably thirty percent. Okay, so you've aced the test. Well, I'll go get this gift the freeze. I'll be right back. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now there's a there's an unfrozen part and a frozen part. Oh, the frozen part is generic. I wonder if you can guess what it is. But let me show you the ungeneric.
Speaker 3: Okay, should we open it here on the podcast. Yeah, okay, let me do you want me to do it? I feel like you're you are.
Speaker 2: Well, this part needs explanation.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're gonna give me a dead mouse. That would be the amount of explaining that.
Speaker 2: Funny thing that happened about this first. This is the main gift. Okay, I'm gonna but it needs it needs explanation. Wants to open it now.
Speaker 3: That's an old little white bag spic cold.
Speaker 2: It's a fragrance of some sort. It's almost like I can't know if it's a room spray, a body spray. I mean, tell us what it's called.
Speaker 3: Yes, fragrance library, Yes, fragrance library. And the name of the fragrance is Redhead and Bed.
Speaker 2: Yes, red Head and Bed. Now let me explain a few things. One is, I remember these fragrances from like I don't know, they've been around a while, and they really cool. Like the one I really like is tomato. It's most just like a tomato plant.
Speaker 3: Oh so it's more like a jelly belly situation, I think.
Speaker 2: So. Yeah, they have all these They have like a delicious apple, it's most just like a golden delicious. They have sugar cookie. I don't really know what people use these works. But then I was like, looking through, I was gonna get your tomato, right, But then I was I was kind of random, and then my eye falls upon red Head and Bed. But the thing is that that was the tester because they didn't have any in the back. Yeah, so it's a little greasy and it looks old and it was a little bit gone from it because it was a tester, and like, you have to have one in the back. This is the whole joke to give.
Speaker 3: This to you. Unbelievable. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: They charged me. They took off two bucks and I was like two bucks. This should be at least half price, or give me give the whole thing to me for five bucks, and they were like, well it's still pretty full, and I was like, and I'm thinking like yeah, but it doesn't look gift worthy. But I never like to make a scene or like push back on a salesperson because I'm always just like okay, because I just don't want to be that person. So I said, okay, so that's my maximis of why you have a greasy bottle of Redhead and Bed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to smell this let's see.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it doesn't even smell that good. I'm gonna I don't know what it's trying for.
Speaker 3: A very like chemical paint.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's smells very chemical.
Speaker 3: Right. This is insulting to me because it.
Speaker 2: Was in the freezer. But it doesn't smell very.
Speaker 3: Good there my hand.
Speaker 2: I know you can throw this away by the way, if you want, do you just post photos of Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, course of course it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know what I was expecting a redhead and bed to.
Speaker 3: Smell like paint thinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's there's no comparison.
Speaker 3: Smell, right, I couldn't tell you what notes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no there's no notes except I was gonna say chemical too. I can't believe that's the word.
Speaker 3: Do you use? Yeah? And then like, I mean, now that I've touched the bottle, frozen bottle, a frozen bottle, there, there's a smell on my hand. But we can't tell if that's from this or other testers who have been spraying out.
Speaker 2: It's from that, because the other ones really smell like very specifically. Okay, I mean there was one called leather, and I was like, oh, that'd be kind of funny, but who wants that smell?
Speaker 3: This is the ideal. This is the most mystifying product I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I don't I almost want to look it up online and see what it's trying for.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let me, I'm actually gonna red head in bed. Actually on a least, would you google that and see what's happening? I mean, anyone in bed? I mean that's just sweat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would expect me a little more musky. Yeah, I use the word.
Speaker 3: Or like sheets, even like sheets like a clean linen. Yes, right, this I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what it's met exactly. So because I didn't really like this smell, and I thought, you're not gonna like this either. This is just a surely a gag gift to use the redhead thing. So then I got you just a gift so you wouldn't feel bad in here.
Speaker 3: Should we get into this, I mean, we'll keep talking.
Speaker 2: About I'm running the show, you run the show.
Speaker 3: You've got the gifts, right, but I.
Speaker 2: Had to get you like a makeup gift for this.
Speaker 3: Let's take out the makeup gift and general.
Speaker 2: If you want to I understand this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to reach in here, and this is the thing I need to do frozen.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean that's just so.
Speaker 3: It's actually ice two.
Speaker 2: Nice brandy, because I was like, is he a chocolate I'm a chocolate person, but I am too well. Jimmy text me that back after. I also got a wild lavender and chocolate.
Speaker 3: This feels like it might be a good combination of flavors. Maybe should I go get some spoons?
Speaker 2: That's up to you, right, I can't say I would say no to the chocolate. This is sometimes the people bring gifts that they also get to partake in.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course, of course. And I'm gonna spray you in the face with the st on at least while I'm gone. Have you discovered what it smells like? I have?
Speaker 4: So I just want to read this whole thing. Oh it just really delights me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Demeter redhead and bed by Demeter Perfume. If you want to attract compliments from your friend's family or even total strangers, splash on a little Demeter, the ultra feminine fragrance for women created by Demeter. The citrus undertones of this classic fragrance capture notes of mango, guava, passion fruit, orange, liqueur, and lemon juice to bring you a unique blend of exotic aromas, lasts for hours and won't fade away during a long day, strenuous workout at the gym, or night spent dancing at your favorite club.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Wait, I have a question that was specifically about Redhead and bed Yeah, red Demeter, Redhead. It was one smell that you said that I could kind of wait, will you list the fruits again?
Speaker 4: Because one it's got mango, guava, passion fruit, and orange orange liqueur and lemon juice.
Speaker 3: That makes sense because of the the alcohol element.
Speaker 2: There's an orange thing.
Speaker 3: And you said, like once I told that it's a little starbursty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if this was sitting out for like no, but this this sold out. I mean everyone wants Maybe a lot of people bought it for their red head friends. I bet that's why.
Speaker 4: It is also sold out on this website at perfume dot com.
Speaker 2: Bet everybody's buying it for the redheads, and then everyone's disappointed when they smell it. Sorry, demeato, because I love the tomato one. It smells like a tomato plant, a tomato plant. No where, I just smell it in a store, and I would never buy that. No, but it smells just like it's like when you're little, you sell a tomato, right right, that's what it takes me back.
Speaker 3: Go get spoons on the bones.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do people bring you food gifts a lot? Because they don't they don't have an idea.
Speaker 3: I love when they do. It gets to go away.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking, like otherwise you have to keep a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love a food thing, even if it's a gross food thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good idea, knowing that I.
Speaker 3: Can put it in my stomach and grosser. Okay, let's all try this chocolate. See how we feel it. This is Jenny's brand ice cream. I mean it's pretty good. It's wonderful chocolate. It's a very tasty flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Now, honalis, how do you feel about it? Have you even tried it?
Speaker 4: Delicious?
Speaker 3: Delicious? Yeah, this is a hard one to screw up, that's true. Now I'm concerned about getting this wild berry into lavender.
Speaker 2: It just gets I know, I don't care. Do you care about?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're good with it?
Speaker 2: What is a gross food item you received.
Speaker 3: A gross food item. Let's see. Naomik Pargan gave me vanilla almond gummy bears hm and they tasted like teeth. Oh wow, they were Oh thank you onlie so sweetly getting me some of this wild berry lavender ice cream. Now I love a wild berry, but the lavender is where it may be a bridge too far.
Speaker 2: You know what. You can't really taste my lavender up.
Speaker 3: Thank you, so it might just be uh it.
Speaker 2: Tastes like Redhead and Bed. Now I'm just kidding. I'm seeing some common notes here. When it describes it, it says a pop of sweet orange, just like that Redhead and Bed.
Speaker 3: I wonder if orange is just an easy flavor to get, so they just put it in everything and that can be identified by the user, and then everything else can be a lie. Okay, how do you feel about this wild bear?
Speaker 2: I'm not really I'm not really a fruit ice cream person. Yeah, it's I got it in case you were, I appreciate you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, first of all, does anyone want more ice cream?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna put in the freezer so it's not soup. This has been a very active episode. I feel like I'm running a little story here.
Speaker 2: I know it made you work for your gifts.
Speaker 3: It's so delicious, the wild berry.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I would always use my dessert points on a I don't mean points like a but my dessert merits on a chocolate. Yeah, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I'm going out for a treat, I just I'm not ready to experiment exactly good, exactly what I want good point. I might try a sample, Yeah, I would. I don't think I would even bother being like, oh, you give me the wild berry laughing.
Speaker 2: No, I know me neither, but I should have assumed a chocolate thing on you. But anyway, it's.
Speaker 3: Weird when you meet someone who isn't into chocolate.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm suspicious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, what has happened?
Speaker 2: Actually I just spit Okay, no, but I actually never thought it was more. But when someone says they don't like chocolate, they drop in.
Speaker 3: My esteem completely. There's immediate judgment. Yes, it feels like a choice. It feels like they've decided they don't like.
Speaker 2: Feels like something's wrong with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's just such a it was like such a universal flavor. Yeah, And you rarely run into someone who picks a different flavor over a chocolate flavor. But maybe they're better than us.
Speaker 2: Maybe we just don't know it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I do feel like I have pretty bass taste. I like a peanut butter. I just learned that Italians don't like peanut butter. Oh really they hate it.
Speaker 2: How did you learn that?
Speaker 3: Another guest on this podcast apparently Italians hiss a peanut butter. They think it's they really hate that flavor. It's like cats and whatever cat's hiss att.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite ice cream place you go to?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, Well, being from Massachusetts, oh my god, of course you know this. But Massachusetts is like, for some reason, ice cream fanatic. So I like anywhere with you know, homemade ice cream. So there's a lot of places on Cape Cod that I like, Oh okay and whatever. Just growing up, I don't know there was ice cream everywhere. I'm boring myself again, but I.
Speaker 3: Want to hear more.
Speaker 2: Marvel that other places don't have as much ice cream as Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Right. I went to a big ice cream place in Massachusetts. It's almost like a weird little theme park. It's like Kimball Kimball Farm Kimble Farms. Yes, I've been there once and I remember being dazzled by it.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: They also had like go carts. I wasn't entirely sure what the operation was, but I must have started.
Speaker 2: With ice And what were you doing there?
Speaker 3: I was visiting friends living in Boston, okay, and I must have read about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if you were going to be like I was writing on a blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Okay on an ice cream theme parks. Yeah, exactly, but yeah, I remember being very good ice cream, but also being confused by people in Massachusetts call it a milk, but I know as a milksh frap, yeah, which it makes no sense about me.
Speaker 2: That's a I didn't even know that was a Massachusetts word.
Speaker 3: But they still have a milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not it's the same. It's the same thing. A milkshake is a frap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But in Massachusetts, if you order milkshake, isn't it like a thick thing that you can't drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: And then a frap is like, because I like to drink the ice cream any it as easy as possible to consum.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought they were the same. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Ye I remember being a little thrown and frap feels like such a to do about the dessert frap. Until I had learned that about Massachusetts, I thought it was a word basically that Starbucks had invented. But I guess that's a frapp of Chino, which it's all a little confused. There's suspicious, there's something going on, something going on. But you like a cape Caught ice cream? Yea, Ultimately that's good.
Speaker 2: To Cape Cod, cape Cod and ski.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're trying to build a character, Yes, Knob Rachel.
Speaker 2: Yes, ice cream snob.
Speaker 3: Utah is very ice cream focused too. It is Utah, I mean because most people don't drink or do anything like that. So like, the entertainment options.
Speaker 2: Are more fairly from okay, so ice.
Speaker 3: Cream jello, going to the movies, okay, okay. So I feel like I've had some pretty good ice cream. I don't know, but now we've got like places like Jenny's, which it's literally like forty dollars for an ice cream cone.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what makes me really sad when you go to get an ice cream cone and it's like a tiny little golf ball and it makes you It's like I'm not kidding, it like breaks my heart, Like when they hand you the tiny gulf. I'm like, now I might make you cut this because it makes me sound super pathetic. But one time I was in La, Like when I'm in La, like I'm not at home, right, so I'm like it can get a little lonely sometimes. So I'm staying in this hotel and so this is the stupidest story. But so I decide like, isn't it pretty rare? Like you go get an ice cream by yourself, Like that alone is like a freaking sand that's sad. That's a sad activity, right, Like, but ice cream is social, like you're going out with a group with your kid whatever. But I'm like, I'm like, I'm gonna go down the street, and because I deserve it, I'm sad. So anyway, like go down to this ice cream place. I think it's called Sultan's Straw. And if a free coupon should arrive after this story, I'm not gonna be sad about. But anyway, so so songs John, which is like it's kind of like high I've never been, but I got like really good ratings because I looked it up afterwards to a horrible yelper revealing this about myself.
Speaker 3: Now, But so we're not there's no way, I'm.
Speaker 2: So I walk down the hill to the Sultan's John, okay, and I ordered my sad ice cream and it arrives and she hands it over and it was the smallest ice cream scoop you've ever seen in your life. Okay, It like my heart sank. Okay. So it was so small that, like I realized, if I'd been with someone else, I would have had the nerve to be like, well that's it, like I would have said so. But because I was by myself, I just took it like a sad ziggy characters and I just took the ice cream and I was like visibly shaken, so that I'm I'm walking back up to my hotel and myself like I'm not kidding. It was like done in three bites. The experience lasted like forty seconds, and then I walked back to my door, and then I had this This is where the story gets. It's even more embarrassed, so that I'm like maybe they maybe they're really no, let make make me small portions. So I look at the on Yo right by the way I'm walking, gonna tell the ice cream is long gone. After like ten steps of day of walking, I'm already looking at and I look up thinking I'm gonna see the portions are really small. But the reviews it says that they're huge, and the review this, it's like, oh my gosh, I'm small. It's like a double large at this place.
Speaker 3: That's something.
Speaker 2: Then I find out like what it was the exception, what happened? Like everyone's talking about large the scoops, and I felt like, oh my god. Anyway, it was like I'm still obviously mad about it.
Speaker 3: It was like four years owes you.
Speaker 2: You owe me like a double scoop for free, a full box, because not only did you rip me off, but also you created an emotional experience that I'm still living four years later on a podcast over an ice cream transaction.
Speaker 5: So anyway, that is my embarrassing pathos Layden, Oh that to me, I.
Speaker 2: Feel I feel like I got I got it out. That was a good started of that feeling fireworks, emotional emotional virus.
Speaker 3: No, at that moment, I empathize with you so much. In the moment of them handing you the small and you're alone. There's nothing you can do. You like some more and think these teenagers like, oh you what are you a page?
Speaker 2: I cannot tell you I saw this thing? Was it like barely even like surfaced over the colne It was. It was like the smallest ice cream ever. So anyway, whenever they hand you like, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, while you were telling you storys like because I've always had and this is this is not an advertisement for Salton Straw, but they've always given me a normal scoop of ice cream. But Jenny's I've had some of these situations.
Speaker 2: Not always I've never been to Jenny's before.
Speaker 3: Delicious ice cream off, but occasionally a little sweet for me.
Speaker 2: But go on a sewer, Okay, sorry, go on, I probably can't back.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to say anything, but you gave it to me. It is a little sweet.
Speaker 2: Do you think it needs a little like you need a break? Yeah, it needs to kick a little at sugar.
Speaker 3: Yes, or like a piece of dark chocolate in there saying yeah, my tolerance for sweetness has gone way down. The desserts I'm eating are frequently basically charcoal.
Speaker 2: I should have got you the salted kermel that was the ice.
Speaker 3: Cream needs that sort of thing. I'm dumping salt on chocolate ice cream at this point.
Speaker 2: Delicious, Okay, okay, sorry.
Speaker 3: But salt and straw. They this. Whoever was in charge of your ice cream cone dropped the ball, they did. I hope the company is looking into that transaction right now. Going through their records.
Speaker 2: Four years ago, I bet location hes need to roll some straw West Hollywood.
Speaker 3: If they don't know about that transaction, then ancestry dot com does. Wow, that's it. But I am going to stand up and say you should be anyone should be able to go get an ice cream alone.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: It's just something that I support you.
Speaker 2: I don't do that often, and I learned. I learned my love. There's something like sad about it. I don't know, that's just me judging me. Well, it is a situation. You're normally with social and you should be socially right. I'll go to a restaurant in myself. I'm like another town, whatever, go to a movie, mom. I don't. I don't have that thing. But something about buying an ice cream com by yourself.
Speaker 3: I think it's because it's unnecessary.
Speaker 2: It's something about it. It's like I deserve a treat it like something like something like feels like ooky about it, Like I'm gonna treat myself to what ice cream? Colm? But you are.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're a hero in that situation. Everyone's saying that person's been there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm helping people by telling this story.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm proud about going to sweet places alone. Ultimately, the everyone will thank you.
Speaker 2: Everyone probably can relate to the small cone sadness.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's such a ripoff. You shouldn't You should be able to enjoy an ice cream cone for at least ten minutes. I really take my time.
Speaker 2: I revealed that about myself. Really, the Barbara Walters of the podcast.
Speaker 3: I get the darkest things out of people do a lot of that's gonna have to be beeped out. That was a horrible story. No, I appreciate you telling that. And eating alone is a different thing.
Speaker 2: I guess, because sometimes you're just like you got to eat on the road whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, and I'll have a book or whatever. I'm like, yeah, I'm eating dinner, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Let's face it. The book is just there to let people know you're okay with this.
Speaker 3: Just blank pack.
Speaker 2: It's a mean time I treat myself, and this is my mean time. This is my reading time.
Speaker 3: I was told to do this by the artist's way.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I just want everyone to always assume I'm doing the artists' wayes and movies, I actually think everyone should go to alone. Yeah, because I.
Speaker 2: Don't mind that, although I must admit I don't really go to movies anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't done with the movies.
Speaker 2: Well no, I mean like I watched them at home or it's been a while since I've gone to either. I feel bad about.
Speaker 3: That contributing to Hollywood's mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I need the movies to keep going, and I've sort of missed that experience.
Speaker 3: Well, once you get into the rhythm of not going, it's hard to break out of that. I'm currently in a lull. You just have to force yourself one time and then you're back into the movies, and then there's a drought of good ones and then you're back into it.
Speaker 2: But I have memories of when I lived in Chicago, Like there were all these little art movie houses and remember like you'd find that indie movie and like, let's go see this on Friday.
Speaker 3: Night, like that was something cool and I felt like it like you had really like found something and you love doing the work to enjoy this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you can't be distracted.
Speaker 3: Right, And it was a limited time to see it. You weren't going to be able to just see it in the billion choices of jah right. Yeah, it feels like that's gone away. So many things have gone away.
Speaker 2: Turn you just take a sad turn.
Speaker 3: Well, this podcast is a roller.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling so many emotions.
Speaker 3: But I yeah, I love going to And this is a trick I do at the movies now is if the movie's three hours long, I only go to an hour and a half of it. And this gives you a new level of freedom with the movies.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, what movie are we doing? This is real.
Speaker 3: This has happened several times, like on purpose, on purpose. It's my new philosophy. It feels incredible. I've talked about on this podcast a few times.
Speaker 2: But well, give me an example of a three hour movie.
Speaker 3: Avatar, Oh God, hour and a half in I thought, I know everything I need to know about this movie. I can go home. I've experienced whatever this is my apologies to Jim Cameron and A Submarine number two, John Wick four, which I enjoy's seen any of those, but it's literally three hours of fighting, and so ever, an hour and a half of fighting, I thought, I've seen enough people get thrown downstairs. I could probably go home. Okay. Bo Is Afraid, which is the ari Astra movie with Joaquin Phoenix, which I enjoyed enough. Bo Is Afraid never even heard of it. I enjoyed enough, But it was just three hours. I couldn't do it. I can't sit there that long. Yeah, so I went home. And when you leave an hour and a half in, it's like you broke out of jail. Even if you're enjoying the movie. Wow, you can go around the mall and look at stores. Everyone assumes you're still trapped in the theater. But no, if this is your secret hour and a half that you can kind of just live your life.
Speaker 2: I have to say, like, if I see three hours on a movie, I don't really watch it.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean zoning out?
Speaker 2: I don't. Okay, So I don't make myself watch Oscar movies anymore.
Speaker 3: That's good for you.
Speaker 2: That's the gift I've given to myself.
Speaker 3: What an amazing life.
Speaker 2: I mean, what I mean is like back in the day, I'd try to see everything. I'm not I'm not a voter or anything. I don't mean that. I just mean as a civilian that I used to like try to make myself or if it was like the Action Hero movie that everyone's saying I goes, But like then I was like, wait a minute, I don't like these movies. I don't like Action Hero. I will not see war movies because they make me too bummed out and like heavy dramas, I just don't like it. So I've given myself a pass, so I don't see any.
Speaker 3: Of those that's really taking ownership.
Speaker 2: Sorry for not supporting Hollywood in that way, But I like comedies.
Speaker 3: You're watching comedies.
Speaker 2: I'm watching comedy.
Speaker 3: You're watching light Fair, and you're enjoying yourself. You're not subjecting yourself exactly. Yeah, I'm still very much in a wanting to be part of like to be able to comment for two minutes during dinner.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, but I can't comment on a lot of those kind of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're basically silent at every dinner at this point. People are saying stop about the movie.
Speaker 2: That's what I bring up. You guys heard of Sultan Straw? Okay, sorry, no, I think needs to be I didn't mean to go back on last.
Speaker 3: I've got that's probably the leading company right now, and somebody's got to take him down a pack.
Speaker 2: These companies need to know didn't mean to go back to you. They're kind of call back ladies in Jenero. That's a comedy technique. Okay, sorry, sorry, go ahead about saving Private Ryan. Okay, so you love Tom Hanks is uh an actor?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. I know that when I went in Private Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: When I said that, I was like, oh no, he's not leading he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it either, Private Ryan. Well, I think we should play a game. Okay, we're gonna play a game called Gift or this game. I like that. I need a number between one and ten from you. Okay, five, Okay, I have to do been calculating right now. I have to get our game pieces. So you have the mic. You can recommend, promote, do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Promote something, oh, ship, promote something. Let's see. Things have been pretty slow, so my promoting something about myself or something in general about yourself.
Speaker 3: You have a podcast, let's hear about that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have a podcast. I have a podcast too, Bridger. I just started it, though a little more recently than you. I should be taking notes about tricks of the Trade. Well you've been going, you've been doing this for four years. I think. Sorry, I'm supposed to be talking silly four years. Four years?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I started mine in October. Well whatever, it's been like eight months.
Speaker 6: It's called should I talk about it? It's called wo with Rachel Drafts, and it's stories of like the unexplained. So it could be ghost stories, psychic phenomena, weird eerie things that have or it could be like like Amy Pohler came on, she doesn't really believe in any of this stuff, so she talked about the Enneagram personality test. So it could be like anything woo, anything that's like I don't want to be all woo woo, but I went and had my tea leaves right like, it could be any yeah, because I sort of am into all that stuff. I mean, I'm into the stories around I'm not I'm not a truly woo woo person. But I but every so often I hear a ghost story, I'm like, oh, wow, maybe we don't know what happens after death.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyway, But I didn't mean to bring up the D word, but but no, Like, so, there's been really cool stories on there, and if you have one, I don't know, I've.
Speaker 3: Got to come on, do you have a story? I do have one, a sweet story. I've told it to somebody before, but it's it's a nice story, and I have I have conflicting feelings about.
Speaker 2: All and that's why I'm not like a full tilt liked percent believer. But when you listen to a bunch of these stories, you're like, oh, because.
Speaker 3: People were like this happened to me, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That's all people coming on saying. And it could be someone like whoever, I don't know, Seth Meyers did a Tina faded, Or it could be like the mom from my son's school who has this crazy ghost story. She was telling me at field day and I was like, will you come on the podcast? So she has a great story. So it's it's all. It's all people, and you have stories, right, I have? I have a ghost story that happened in l A. And I have a crazy psychic story too, So those are whatever I pepper my own little stories throughout.
Speaker 3: As you should.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, that's.
Speaker 3: W O.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Everyone go listen to that podcast. Rachel's wonderful and ghosts are incredible, so wonderful. This is how we play gift to a Curse. I'm going to name three things. You're going to tell me if there are a gift or a curse and why, and then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong because there are correct answers. Okay, and there's a good chance you could fail, and you've you know, you've had some sadness already on this podcast. We don't want to watch you walk away a failure, so be very careful.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now do I try to match what I think you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Say or you do whatever you want? Okay, gift or a curse? This is ah, Actually I do need to quickly. During the live show, we use some listener suggestions and I simply didn't think the people who had sent them in. We had an Ellen who suggested the window seat on an airplane. We had Mark who suggested cash, and then this is tomatoes and guacamole. I no, which just kind of mysterious. But okay, let's get into this. Victoria has suggested gift or a curse people who walk dogs on a leash that fastens around their waist.
Speaker 2: Fastens around the walker the person's waist.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like a belt.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that even. I guess I'm gonna say curse because I don't get why you're not just holding it with your hand. But unless you a limitation, Okay, I'm gonna say curse because I don't get it.
Speaker 3: It's a curse. It makes it. I don't know what we're doing. Do you need both hands? What do you need both hands for? Are you making pizza? I don't understand that an l a thing. I've actually never seen this in person. When this person's send this in I obviously googled it to get my eyes on this product, and it seems to be at least one person in a stock photo has done it. So but I guess, I.
Speaker 2: Guess it's good if you're dealing with like groceries.
Speaker 3: Phone fighting off attackers, fighting.
Speaker 2: Off attackers, the doggy bag thing whatever. Maybe, but I'm just gonna say that's weird.
Speaker 3: It's different, so it's worm.
Speaker 2: With what everyone else does.
Speaker 3: That's a curse. No one thing about it to me is I get a little. I love dogs more than anything, but people who are too comfortable with their dog interacting with other people when they just assume everyone is comfortable with their dog, I like you think about other people. I'm sure your dog's lovely, but maybe not everyone's comfortable with it running around your waist, racking them right right, So when you have the dog on a leash with your hand, I feel like there's a little bit more control there. And uh yeah, I just don't understand this product. We should stop selling it.
Speaker 2: Okay, curse curse.
Speaker 3: Very good Number two. This is from a listener named Diego. Gift to a curse. Yellow popsicles.
Speaker 2: Curse Why because I don't like lemon as a popsicle flavor?
Speaker 3: You're not into a lemon flavor anything?
Speaker 2: Hmm, well what else would a yellow pop? I guess it could be pineapple? If you go on, no, I'm gonna say curse. Why what do you say?
Speaker 3: You say curse? I've only ever known them to be banana, which is the worst flavor of anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, now I know what you mean those ice cream truck banana ones.
Speaker 3: No, they have the regular pop traditional popsicle in a yellow the ones I remember from a kid there was a blue, red, yellow, orange, and brown.
Speaker 2: Well, you're reminded me that the creamy yellow one. It was kind of good.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but a banana flavored a regular popsicle absolutely the worst flaw.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you're gonna want a red or a purple purple, purple delicious grape.
Speaker 3: I can't do a root beer.
Speaker 2: No, I can't stand root beer awful. Beer needs to be excised from the community. Root beer flavor. I don't care if it's a soda. I don't care if it's a popsicle or a candy.
Speaker 3: No, to me, it just tastes like years in boy Scouts and there was always a root beer float float awful.
Speaker 2: Anyone else, here's another beer I have? Haven't you like, tried to like root beer? Like it's the thing, Like maybe I like root beer looks good, maybe I like this, and you're like, Nope, no, it's still not going to cut.
Speaker 3: No, it's a it's are that you a lot about desserts on this red heads And okay, okay, very good you.
Speaker 2: So I'm really getting overly passionate about these. Okay, sorry, go on, all right, stoic On this next one, I'm not so impassioned.
Speaker 3: Okay, This third one is from a listener named Susie Gift, You're a curse rat tail hairstyle.
Speaker 2: I mean, I might be out of it and too old to answer this, but I'm going to say curse. Maybe it's come back around and it's cool now. But I just think of that as Kurt. I don't know, what do you.
Speaker 3: Say, Oh, Rachel, you played the game so well until now. Why it's it's a gift.
Speaker 2: It's a gift.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it's ever been in style, but it's always been interesting to look at.
Speaker 2: That's true. We all shock says a lot about the wearer.
Speaker 3: Yes, you almost immediately know what's happening in that person's life. You see a lot of kids with.
Speaker 2: Just about to say that we're on the same way. Like I was gonna say, what I picture. I picture a little kid, a little like hey, like a little you can't see me right now, but I'm like, hey with a little tank top causing trouble completely.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting one because Usually the rat tail child doesn't have a rat tail parent, so the parents like, well, let's get one on the kid right when you decide to start growing your child's rat tag.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen one in a really long time, though, I feel like, because I live in New York and probably we see that's a real thing. It's cheesy, But no, I haven't seen a rat I have seen a rat tail in a really long time.
Speaker 3: Have you, at least within the last five to six years, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like can see a lot of them. Disney World, Oh my god, of course. I bet. I bet if we went to disney I haven't been to Disneyland ever. I bet if I went to disney World, I could spot it would be like a scavenger hunt. I bet I could find three rat tails at Disney World.
Speaker 3: Within three hours. I bet like an fcot, you're surrounded by rat tails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet so.
Speaker 3: But I love to see them. I support them. I don't know that I would ever have one myself. It's an interesting one because it's really hidden back there, so.
Speaker 2: You can kind of secret personality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the moment you turn around, you're like, oh, you've been interacting with someone with the rat and that I love. So it's a gift.
Speaker 2: That's that's true. Okay, but you got two out of three, which.
Speaker 3: Is not bad. Two out of three is not a failure. I don't want you to feel like a failure in this moment.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: You did not fail.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you you sort of talked me around to the rat hill.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I've have converted somebody. Okay. This is the final segment of the podcast. It's called I said no emails. People write into I said no gifts at gmail dot com. People are begging for answers and all these sorts of things in their lives, and just out of kind of the generosity of my heart, I help you help me answer a question? Yeah, okay, this and now this is one that we tried reading the live show. And we're interrupted artificially by something I thought of.
Speaker 2: Where was the live show?
Speaker 3: It was a Dynasty typewriter. Oh here, yeah, right here in LA and we're going to try to do more soon. It was very funn oh cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, but interjection.
Speaker 3: But this one, we've got to get back to the question because I stopped reading it at the show. This is Deer Bridger on elis an illustrious guest. I hope you were all well, the house dry, the backyard mostly tranquil, the flowers watered, et cetera. I'm emailing you from the Chicago suburbs with a question about a situation I encountered recently. I bought a birthday gift for my sister in law and scored a great sale on some clothes. I wasn't sure if I could remove the markdown sticker without voiding the return, so I left it on. It is now several weeks later, and something about it isn't sitting right with me. How should I do things next time? I obviously think my sister in law deserves full price, but at this point in my life, I got a shop the sales. What do I do next time? Bridger, I hope you were properly of This is just a little in between. I hope you were scanned lies by your guest's unwanted gift. And guess I can't wait to consume whatever media you're promoting. You've got a new listener to the already. Thank you so much for taking my letter, and have a good day. And that's from bo oh interesting that we talked about BO is afraid everything is connected? Right, everything is connected?
Speaker 2: Is afraid of mark Down's Okay, So wait, here's what I'm not getting. Bo left the price tag on the gift. Yes, so Bo, you can rip the price tag off and get like some sort of gift receipt, right right?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I'm getting a feeling that BO is not familiar with modern retail or both.
Speaker 2: I was thinking maybe Bo is very young.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like hitched a ride. Well, I don't know if on sale.
Speaker 2: Has l No, I'm thinking no, I'm thinking maybe if Bo is young and BO doesn't know that, then you don't You don't have to leave the actual price tag on the clue. That would make sense to me.
Speaker 3: What I'm getting is BO is excusing bad behavior. BO knew what he was doing. He knew the sister in law would be offended when she saw that he had bought her marked down merchandise. And now he's backpedaling, so there's no excuse he should have taken it off. This is bad behavior.
Speaker 2: But here's one thing. What about when you give a gift with the price you could rip off the little actual number.
Speaker 3: I'm sure really BO is after his sister in law just trying to stir up family drama.
Speaker 2: Imagine.
Speaker 3: I mean, you obviously make some good points about gift gifting, some very basic concepts, and if BO doesn't know these things, then I've got a listener that needs to rethink a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, But so the sister in law never thanked Bo, there's no thank you, was worred. He committed a faux pas a Bo paw if you will, But uh yeah, that kind of that kind of sucks, like she should have thanked him anyway, even if she thought it was tacky, right, because Bo did.
Speaker 3: Get a gift, money was spent.
Speaker 2: Thought it was kind of hard to get clothes for people too, because it's hard to match their styles.
Speaker 3: That is another interesting thing.
Speaker 2: You don't know them.
Speaker 3: I would never buy my sister in law clothing. Yeah, now we're getting, you know, a portrait of the podcast. Yeah, that needs to really be unraveled. Bo is buying discount clothing for his sister.
Speaker 2: Was it a scarf? Fine? Was it a dress?
Speaker 3: Was it like a we need to talk, yeah, micro mini, you know what is BO dressing his sister in law up in.
Speaker 2: Or even maybe it's not even her style, right, but his sister in law still should thank him.
Speaker 3: It was something given to her. Yeah, I feel like BO should stop giving everything. Bo is a teen, Bo maybe a teen with as you're said.
Speaker 2: Bo isn't a teen. Then BO is very insulted right now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Bo's freaking out. BO turned it up, turned off the podcast.
Speaker 2: Maybe early twenties, maybe early twenties.
Speaker 3: It does seem like they've got to shop the sales, So.
Speaker 2: It's okay to shop the sales.
Speaker 3: I encourage shopping.
Speaker 2: Don't save the price tag on.
Speaker 3: Never pay retail, right, That's what I say. Yeah, especially when you're buying sister in law or if you're.
Speaker 2: Buying a sample item, or you should not be paying. Did you hear that store that sold me the sample size for two dollars off?
Speaker 3: That's so offensive, that's and that's such a random number, it really is. It should have been a half.
Speaker 2: And if you well, you'll see this bottle ladies and gentlemen and everybody a lot of it. That's the label is Oily. Anyway, Sorry, I'm not trying to sway off of Bow and Bose gifting issues.
Speaker 3: I feel like your main mission on this episode has been to shut down everything on Larch month, all of these boutinque.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe we can't say the name of it because if I'm going to complain this much about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a great store.
Speaker 2: It is a great but I don't want to. I don't want to complain publicly about them and the two dollars. They'll beep out their name, but.
Speaker 3: We won't be about the street there on. Bo, go to a store with some fragrances, find the tester, get a discount, fill it up with water, right and now no one knows anything better or rubbing alcohol. Whatever you have might be better nearby right in the redhead and bed, and the sister in law will go crazy. Bo, don't write back in okay. Closing up the email, Rachel, what you've brought such beautiful gifts of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I mean, it's a pleasure.
Speaker 3: I screamed that I will. Of course I will eat the chocolate one. The other one's going to be there until, like we have another pandemic and the grocery store is out.
Speaker 2: I know I was getting that sense right after I bought it too.
Speaker 3: But we challenged ourselves, we branched out and learned that we still don't like that type of ice cream, right, which is important to know about yourself. Yeah, especially if you're standing alone in an ice cream store, you need to know. You should be as informed as possible because you don't.
Speaker 2: Want a bad You don't want to go wrong, right.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for being Thank you. That's such a wonderful time. And listener, the podcast is over. We're coming to a halt. The audio will end, your life will continue you. You're gonna have a very productive day. I can feel it. I love you, goodbye. I said No Gifts is an exactly right production. It's produced by our dear friend Analise Nilson, and it's beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. And we couldn't do it without our guest booker, Patrick Kottner. The theme song, of course, could only come from a miracle worker, Amy Man. You must follow the show on Instagram. At I said no Gifts, I don't want to hear any excuses. That's where you get to see pictures of all these gorgeous gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to seeatures of the gifts?
Speaker 1: But I invited you here thought I made myself perfectly clear. But you're a guest to my home. You gotta come to me empty, and I said, no guests. Your own presences presents enough that I already had too much stuff. So how did you dare to surbey me?