Speaker 1: Hey, Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am?
Speaker 1: I am your favorite un Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame, hon A Reed, Miss Olimpia. That's chad O Yo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support because of you. Thanks to you, Everything that you we've been able to accomplish was because of you, and with that you have our deepest gratitude. So thank you again very much for your support and you'll continue support. Check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you cannot find it in a city or a state near you, order it online will ship it directly to your door. Is the best tasting VSOP premium cognac on the market. We beat them all. Try it for yourself. You will not be disappointed. Please drink responsibil and stay safe. Go follow our media company page on all of his platforms, Shayshape Media and my clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Oh Joe, there's saga. There's drama in Cincinnati. Joe Burrow says he wants the team to pay Star Pass Russia Trey Hendrickson. He says the team not paying Hendrickson is a significant distraction. Let's take a listen to what Joe had to.
Speaker 3: Say tomorrow and Ti having a great de deals.
Speaker 2: It's Trey here, his deal not done.
Speaker 3: Is that a distraction?
Speaker 2: Of course? Of course last year we had two, this year we have one, so we do have less to have none.
Speaker 3: But you know, that's a life in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: We're all supporting Tray and would love for him to be back.
Speaker 5: Mm hm Oh Joe, yes, sir, to take well, listen, listen. I love Joe. Joe also has to understand this is business. It's the business, and the Browns have one way of doing things. They've done things one way. And despite what he may say, despite his concerns about wanting Tree to be paid or him or being a distraction with him not getting paid. This is the way they conduct business. All teams conduct business in the same manner. They're not going to be swayed or forced or bullied into paying the.
Speaker 3: Individual based on how we as.
Speaker 5: Players or that the former or fans see fit.
Speaker 3: They're going to do things their way.
Speaker 5: They paid, they paid Joe Burrow, they paid Jamar Chase, they played, they paid t Higgins.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have the numbers in front of me. I don't know how much is left and in caloriees salary cap space.
Speaker 2: But not enough to pay Trade what he wants.
Speaker 3: Actually not enough to pay him what he wants. But I'm assuming maybe they're trying to find some middle ground. But from what I've heard that there are no talks going on at all.
Speaker 5: So obviously trade Trade is standing in his ground and he's not in a position despite being the sack leader last year and the sack leader before that the year before that, Like he was a sack leader, but what was our defense rank?
Speaker 3: Can someone look that can't ask with that up right now?
Speaker 1: I mean, he just was really quick curious, well, without Trade you'd have been you'd have been seventeenth in college, so you had trade for you at the bottom at the NFL.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they look at all that they look at Listen, I wanted to get paid.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get paid for based on what he's done, you know, to date.
Speaker 5: But they look at it completely different than the way we look at it as fans, and obviously me. Listen, I love my bangals and I love I would love for trade to get paid. But uh, it's a tough spot that that we're in. I'm not sure what's gonna happen. I think at some point, if things don't get worked out, I'm assuming maybe a trade of some sort might happen, Uh, at the least opportune time, when we least expected.
Speaker 1: I look at it like this O Joe, considering he's the best defensive player, and when you look at that defensive line, who else. Most teams have two guys, yes, yes, you know, you have Micah and then you have another guy. Or you look at let's just say, for the sake of Mark, you look at the Eagles, they have multiple guys. You look at Kansas City, they have h Jones and have Coloptus. You know, they have multiple guys most teams, although they're not on the same level, but they have. You look at a hot Smith and you look at Watt, so most guys have somebody to play off of.
Speaker 2: It's him. He'll let the league in sacks. But really no one else beside it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: And brother Sam Hubbert just retired, yes most of yeah, yeah, he was hurting.
Speaker 5: Also, when I think about it, I look at the AFC North right, Yeah, standpoint and needing defensive players. It's bad enough. We're already bad on defense. Let's not make it worse.
Speaker 2: Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I mean that, my goodness.
Speaker 5: Like, we we need trading in the in the dearest dearest way possible to try to do what we can defensively, so we can we can. We can start a little better this season. You know, I know we always talk about the offense.
Speaker 3: You know, they always start slowers out out the gate, you know, being zero and to or one in one or whatever.
Speaker 1: You gotta stop somebody though, Yeah, we gotta get their problem. Okay you said, I'm saying, but here's the thing. They have one bad, too bad possession. Their defense can't stop anybody. Now, all of a sudden, you fourteen points down.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta lead.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just say, for the sake of army, you have a lead. That we saw this against Baltimore they have too bad possessions. Now Baltimore has the lead lead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what how far away are we from from having a decent defense? Just curious from your listen, you know this.
Speaker 5: Is this is and y'all just cut Pratt. Remember y'all released Pratt. Yeah, so wall hold on Pratt with prap prap with the middle back. Where was the mic linebacker? Yeah, he led your team and tackles, Yeah he did so. Logan Wilson plays.
Speaker 2: They drafted somebody. They drafted somebody in the second round out of South Caroline.
Speaker 5: I was reading yesterday the night they must he must go, being really high on him. Yeah, we're gonna he's gonna plug and play then, huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: And remember Pratt was like, hey, he wanted a contract extension. He wanted to be you don't want to bump and pay, Like, noah, bro, we can't bump you and pay. I was reading now, I don't know, you know, maybe somebody just throwing out numbers I think Trey's supposed to make what fifteen, sixteen, seventeen million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to get him to twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's looking at listening to anything that doesn't start with a three. No, I'm not now I honestly, because you see, you see he's like, hold on, one guy making fifty five, another guy making forty, another guy making thirty, and then y'all want me to come in at twenty eight.
Speaker 2: And he sees Miles Garrett.
Speaker 1: He knows Michael is about to get something that starts with a four, and y'all want me to start with a two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't see that.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 2: Let's be fair.
Speaker 5: If he wants to get what he wants, he's not gonna be able to get it because everything you just ran off, we just pay one thirty and one making fifty five, then there's no room for you to make.
Speaker 3: Do you take do you take a discount? Do you take a discounting?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 1: The question is better question does he miss the first eight games and then come back to last eight games to make sure he gets a credited season or does because that's what I would do, because if you don't come back, they still have your rights, So I would you know it? That depends on how serious he is about his money.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's serious, He's serious.
Speaker 5: And this, this is this is the thing that you can do when they know you love the game, when they know you love the game, and they know you can't stay away.
Speaker 3: From the game.
Speaker 5: They always wants to be team for team, that team oriented and be the but when it comes time to play, this is what this is what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now just talk about the Bengals in general. I'm talking about in general.
Speaker 5: They will use your love for the game against you because the ben inside of things will sneak up on you and bite your knaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think a guy that Sean Gilbert might be the only guy that I can remember that missed the whole season and then he ended up turning it around and getting paid. I think he went to Carolina. I think it's with Washington and he ended up going to Carolina. It might be vice versa, but that's what I mean. I think the thing is to say what I would do. It's easy to say what because you're not in that situation.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: I ain't missing no time. I understood that that was time, I wasn't gonna be able to get back. And like you said, oh Joe, I think the thing is, they know the guys that really everybody don't love the game.
Speaker 2: Like we do. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're gonna hard time us. Well this is all we can knowing. Damn well, we might miss a game, but we ain't missing no half of those seasons low times either.
Speaker 2: And let's talk. We love it too much, listen.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it is, I love the game, but I think during my time I was in fortunate situations. I think where they came to me early twice, right in the early where I didn't have to deal with that type of situation. It is to me, it's almost it's almost a slap in the face a little bit. And you think about it, Yeah, almost a slapping the face. And we take it personally as players, and I know they do when situation like this arise. When you understand what your value is, you understand what the market is, and then you have a team that's hesitating in giving you.
Speaker 3: Said market value. Make it that hard.
Speaker 2: Listen. One thing about it.
Speaker 5: I don't care how many how many players you got got paid. There's always a way to make it happen depending on who the players. You do understand that, right, yes, But I don't get from the Bengals.
Speaker 2: O't Yoe.
Speaker 1: If you had this problem last year and you didn't resolve it and during the season or after the season, what makes you thought the the problem is going to go away. It's like if you have a disease and don't talk about it, just because you don't talk about it, you better go get it. You better treat it because talking about it, but because not talking about a problem, like it's like two people argue, know Joe, and you go to bed. That issue is not gonna be resolved in the morning because you didn't talk about it that night. As a matter of fact, you're gonna give people an opportunity to build up. They're like this more for playing with me. They couldn't address me. They know, so you laid over the steaming. She led over their steaming. You know, you get out of bed in the morning, you stepping on lips because the lift poked out to the float.
Speaker 2: His lifts poked out to the float.
Speaker 1: So I don't understand how the Bengals thought this situation and he had another seventeen and a half sex season, and he led the NFL in sacks, and somehow you thought he would go beat Well, we got a good chance to go. You had a good chance to go to the super Bowl last year or the playoffs last year. It didn't happen. Guys are not you know.
Speaker 2: Teams always want you to think, oh, fake big picture.
Speaker 1: No, the big picture is me and my family. That's the big picture. I'll thinking about y'all because, oh, Joe, what they what they tell you? O Joe when they release players? You here, and I think we're gonna talk about this a little later, y'all here, And Cody kIPS said what he's saying. They're always thinking about what isn't the best interest of the team. Okay, what is the best interest of the business? Okay, players are businesses. Yes, what isn't the best interest of Trey Henderson?
Speaker 2: Not playing?
Speaker 1: Isn't the best interest in Trey Henderson being all unest Now, I'm not telling the guy what he should or what he shouldn't do, but this is what.
Speaker 2: We do know.
Speaker 1: He take his ass out there on that field, and he gets anything that happens, Lord forbid, it does not, Yes, sir, he ain't getting no pay day.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 5: I know that, Yes, sir, Yeah, listen. I think is tough on in the tough spot. The Bengals organization is in a tough spot. Trey Henderson is in a tough spot. Joe Burrow saying that it's a distraction to those that are in an organization, those that are on the team, those that are at mini camp right now.
Speaker 3: I think for the fans it's a distraction and it's just like overwhelming and they're like, God, damn, here we go again. But again fans.
Speaker 5: As players, you have to be able to separate the personal side of being a football player.
Speaker 3: In the business side.
Speaker 5: I think if you can park, you can compartmentalize and be able to separate the two and understand that it is business first.
Speaker 3: It's not personal.
Speaker 5: It's nothing against you as a player, but this is the way they conduct themselves, not just with the Bengals, but with every team in general.
Speaker 3: I think you'll be all right.
Speaker 5: I want Tree to get his money though, you know, even if it's not with us, I would love to see him back with the Bengals, but I would also love to see him get what he deserves somewhere.
Speaker 1: Else, because I think the thing is, oh Joe. What happens is that Joe would like to talk about what a great deal practice they'll had, yes, sir, But the media is asking him Trade's contract. They're asking m him about the rookies contract, who we're going to talk about in just a second. So he's like, bro, I'm trying to say, hey, T and I had a great comment, had a great work today. We got some great work to done today. We got better today. But you're asking me about a player that's not here. I don't know what you want me to say. Joe is being the leader that he is. Yeah, we love to have Trade and I think he's done enough to He's earned, not deserve, he's earned a raise and pay because guess what, let's just say, for the sake of argument, o Jo, instead of having seventeen the half sacks, he had five and a half sacks.
Speaker 2: Do you think they would keep him on the contract that he has now? Absolutely not? I answer it for you know they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: So now he outperforms the contract, you don't want to reward him, But if he underperformed, you will punish him.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's the way it is. And hopefully fans like see that and I understand.
Speaker 1: Look, I understand you weren't running a business, but the guys normally played best guy's team after being in you know, a business you're working, perform better when they're compensated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh, when you're happy. Yes, which is which is one of the reasons. Why do you think they always go ahead and pay the quarterback. Yes, they always paid the quarterback. You get your quarterback out the way, so he had nothing to worry about. He's in the right state of mind and you can focus on your job at hand, no distractions and again not being able to get your money after putting in all the work, you know, the sacrifice, the sweat, the injuries.
Speaker 2: He led. I mean, I mean he led the entire league in sacks. He did that.
Speaker 1: He had he I mean he had seventeen and a half. He was I mean, he was in the running for defensive Player of the Year. And he's probably thinking to himself, what the hell do I have to do to get rewarded for my card work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy, it's unfortunate. And listen, this is this happens all the time, for sure, Well, it happens all the time. Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: It's his turn, his turn.
Speaker 1: Bengals rookie Shamar Stewart is still waiting to take his first practice rep in the NFL. He also had some words for the Bengals today in comparing his situation with trades. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 4: Like some people say, we'll all agree trade will be right, right, but technically still one percent wrong from being on the contract. So and in my case, I'm one hundred percent right, so it should be a no brainer. And in trades case, I think it should be a no brainer too. I mean, he led seventeen and a half Saxon for two years bafter back if I was a gym or I was the owner, take all my money.
Speaker 2: But I guess they don't offer it like that, but you know they do not.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, hey, it's easy to say take all my money when you not the GM's somebody else money.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 5: You need to say that, but listen, you learn quick. You learn, you learn quick, and you learn fast. Rookie will understand that this is a business and it's running a little different. It's running a little different now he's had seventeen and a half sex back to back seatings, right, and then they're they're.
Speaker 3: Hesitating, they're hesitant on paying them.
Speaker 5: So in situations like this, this will tell you how they really feel about you, because the player is depending on who the player is and how much they value you and what you bring.
Speaker 2: To the table.
Speaker 3: Oh man, they're not even playing when it's time to get paid. I don't care who.
Speaker 1: I don't care who, y'all's This is what Mike Florio for Pro Football Focus right, this is football Talk PFT.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: The Bengals have decided to wedge a new clause into Stewart's deal. The clause would turn a default in any given year into a void of all remaining guaranteed and prior Bengals contracts Avoyd wiped out only the.
Speaker 2: Guarantees for the year in which the default occurred.
Speaker 1: Stuart refuses to be the guinea pig for the new term, and the Bengals refused to blink. As a result, Stuart will be less prepared for training camp than he would have been. So, in other words, a lot of times they put a clause in there, Oh Joe, it says if you do something wrong, the money you were supposed to get in that year, right is wiped away. Now they put the new clause in there and say, if you do something wrong, any guaranteed that you was supposed to get in twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight.
Speaker 2: That's going too Oh no, hell no, I understand. To me, honestly, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like the verbiage. But again I would have it on a year to year basis.
Speaker 5: If this year, if you mess up, you know, and there was contact, gentrimentsis of the team. Yes, that is that serious where we need to recoup some of that money back. That's guaranteed I see fit to do so.
Speaker 2: Yes, that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. Hell no, not over what we don't. Man, don't make me curse. Don't make me curse because I just got saved out the day.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: I know they're trying to set a precedent. I'm not sure what president is not listen, outside of don't get in any trouble period. I don't know if he has a pass, if he has the past history of doing things wrong, I don't know for them to actually want to put that clause in his contract all of a sudden, out the blue set a precedent with this individual.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what his path looks like that even I could think of, and why they want to do something.
Speaker 2: Like that, and no, but it seems to be like this is something that they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Moving forward to everybody, Yes, default in any given year into a void of all remas and guaranteed and prior Bengals contracts a void wiped out only guaranteed for which the year the default of courage. So if he did something in twenty five, okay, we wipe out the guarantees in twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight is protected. Now they're saying, if you default in twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, get wiped away.
Speaker 2: Oh hell no, mo joke.
Speaker 1: That's the whole purpose of guaranteed, get to be able to get to guarantee.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I have a question.
Speaker 5: Are there any other NFL teams that practice the same clause in their contracts?
Speaker 1: But we would we would know that, Ah, well, there's some some you have a contract. Let's just say for the sake of argument, you in the NFL you're a wide receiver or it's like coaches like a college like an NFL coach. I give you you say, I got three year left on my deal at twelve million dollars a year, Yes, sir, I get a new job whatever. So now in offsets, so what that happens offset language. So if I get a job from another team, however much that team paid, that I have to pay the remaining So if I get a deal for nine million over there, I only have to pay three million over here where I left got left at.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Some people right there, there is no offset language.
Speaker 1: Jimbo Fisher, Jimbo Fisher got released, he gives all eighty or that remaining money.
Speaker 3: It was eighty two to be exact, Okay, I remember that.
Speaker 1: So sometimes they try to put offset language where you can't double dep. Players can't double dep. So if you get released and you go sign with another team, ain't got nothing to do with you. I want the money that you owe me, and I'm gonna get the money they gonna give me. Don't you worry about what I got. You just gonna make sure. Ay, just go ahead and make sure you keep the checks coming. I will be hey, you got a got the wide number, go and put it in there during deposit.
Speaker 2: So that's what and some teams do. Some teams will have offset language.
Speaker 1: If you get another job, even in TV, you get released by one network, you go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: They just pay the difference, so you got as whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: So if you get if you get say five million over here, you only get two and a half over there.
Speaker 2: You gonna get two and a half.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey man, this is this is as much as people love the beautiful game, they I don't think they understand the nasty business side of it.
Speaker 3: No, they don't nasty business side of it. It can get other, It can get very ugly.
Speaker 5: And the fact there's a reason why when it comes to contracts and negotiations or a situation like this is a reason why the agents going there are not the players, because if the players go in those rooms and you hear how owners really feel about you and what they really want to do, and the language they want to put in the fire, the fine print language that they want to put in contracts to protect themselves else from having to pay you long term if you mess up there. Oh listen, it was it was some stuff I don't want to bring up the past. But it was some stuff in Tea's contract and in Chase's contract that was that wasn't suitable.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: You know, it wasn't right.
Speaker 5: So if they were, if they if they were doing it to Tea and Chase, you know who the meat potatoes that offense. Outside of Joe, I know they're gonna do it to trade and they definitely gonna do it to the rookie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: But it's it's it's business man, it's it's business. It never personally I was like.
Speaker 1: Hey, you don't gonna do a I'm gonna call it Joe Burrow agent. Hey, bro, y'all got this language in your contract. They do it all the time. Yeah, they do it all the time. Nah, Bro, you're not finning. I'm not finna be no guinea pig. You're not finna sit no president with me. And then everybody that comes after me they looking at me crazy because I allowed it to happen because I have the highest raft pick the year that they started this foolishness, and I I agree to it.
Speaker 2: So how can this go? Though?
Speaker 5: What if he refuses to play? What if he refuses to sign the contract unless they remove that language.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that's it they You either have to remove the language or he has to say that I'm not playing.
Speaker 3: That can get ugly.
Speaker 2: Uh. I hope he did.
Speaker 1: I hope he got some good nil money. He hadn't spent too much. He hadn't promised his mom or dad or whomever house yet, right, Damn.
Speaker 3: I don't like that for him.
Speaker 2: I don't neither.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers was the latest veteran quarterback to weigh it on mentoring the next generation. In his case, he was asked about mentoring Will Howard. He responded, Will's a good kid. We got to talk a little bit. I thought he did a really I thought he did really well today. He seems pretty bright going through the progressions.
Speaker 2: Really well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be with him every single day, every single meeting. Found my seat next to him today and the offensive meeting, whether or not, it's sticks right next to Will Howard. So I'm gonna help him out as much as I can. Okay O, cho, you know, oh yo, you know what I like to Yojo. Let me tell you the true sory, Oh Joe, I got middled in college with math. Ain't none of that is stick. I told you once we got past timetables, me and Math really didn't get along, o Joe, Oh Joe, if I couldn't do this like this here, yeah, or right it down little scratch papers, Y's sick one ma and Math with it.
Speaker 2: Hey, you start getting the fractions and pies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's only one pile. I know that's apple Pie that does it.
Speaker 1: But if he can pie and then start talking about if a train left at four thirty in the morning and train b leftid six o'clock in the afternoon, a walk point with then.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: If Johnny, if Johnny had five bipples, he gave Amy three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Adam brought back sixty.
Speaker 3: Man if I might pro who is that my face?
Speaker 2: Two trains. One leaves at four thirty am, the other leaves at six pm at one time. But I don't how fast are they going? I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Man, I just see on Joe. I don't know why they just could do Why they could do twelve times twelve, why they could do sixty forty nine from sixty is how? But they start doing all the other stuff that they.
Speaker 2: Go with me, So be a math me and math. We were not good and uh now math my favorite thing.
Speaker 3: Oh sure yeah, hey whatel Hey that was funny boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But see when it comes to percentage, Okay, you got this much and you will get a per said, bro, how much is that?
Speaker 2: How much you want? How much you want? Man?
Speaker 1: You start getting Hey, let's do a round number, because we start getting seven hundred and seventy six dollars and I'm getting you getting three and a half percent of that. Come on, bro, hey, I got I got, I got thirty five dollars for you. Okay, you thirty five dollars?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 2: Brother? You asking an awful lot. Man, I ain't got tired to be doing all that. You know, you do this and you and you add point two four or point four not man, I ain't got all that. I got time for that.
Speaker 1: So no, so I get what they're Andy's saying, mentoring, you know, because everybody processes information differently. Oh Joe, yeah, me, I was a visual learner. I need you to see you put it on the board. Do hey, Shannon, I want you to go do this and do that like no, no, no, no, You're the issue on the board. And once I once I saw that's okay. I'm good. Now, I'm good. I'm a visual learner. Don't explain nothing to me, show me. But at the end of the day, hey, but that was funny, boy, at the end of the day, at the beginning of the day, or at the middle of the day, Oh joe. How well does somebody process information? How well do they retain information? And then can you spit it out?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: Can you split it out? Because sometimes some people can read something and have no hurdent idea what the hell they read? Some people can skim over it and give you a great synopsis of what's what is actually saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody processes information different.
Speaker 1: Miles Garrett had a simple response today about Aaron Rodgers joining the AFC North.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good opportunity to put him in the graveyard. Damn.
Speaker 3: That's the type of answer you expect from a defense end.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, for sure, the type of answer you that you expect from one of, if not the best defens in the n NF yea in the NFL. Listen, he got a deal with Aaron Rodgers twice a year, and he letting them know ahead of time.
Speaker 3: You already know what time. It is, I nice say nice about you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, Actually, I'm trying to I'm trying to add you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to add you to the resume.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've got an opportunity to sack Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or somebody, but hey, you're the next best thing I'll take. I might not have an opportunity to get them, but I can get your ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely. But they had listen, shit, they asked the wrong They asked the wrong one.
Speaker 1: Packer CEO and president Mark Murphy had some shame for Jarry Alexander when ask about the recent release. He's been a great player for us, obviously elite talent. Unfortunately, just injured a lot. Unfortunately, that's a big part of the game. We see that we've been used to play it without him. Alexander played fourteen games over the last two seasons.
Speaker 5: Where I am hey, played fourteen games. Listen, injuries, it's something you can't avoid. But one thing I know about that young bull, when he's healthy, when he's on the field and he's playing man the man in your face, he gonna get everything he got. Any One of the best that he wanted the best at it, but it doesn't get the credit he deserves it because he's been injured. I can only speak on what I've seen. When I see him on the field. He gonna talk that trash to YouTube and back it up the best he can. Him and Justine Jefferson matchups. Those matchups were classic he wants and he lost some. But either way, I'm tuning in every tide in tune used to line them together.
Speaker 2: He gonna go somewhere.
Speaker 5: I don't know where you're gonna go for those they understand, they need to understand what they're getting when he is healthy and do whatever.
Speaker 2: They need to do.
Speaker 3: They get him on that field and keep him on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the toughest part about it, Joe, because being available is a big part of how good you are. You know, boy, he's a good worker. When I can get him to come to work, that is what the damn did right, right? Uh? And I look, he's injured. I think he said he had a maniscus or something. He had a shoulder injury.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: When you play a skilled position, it's hard to go out there and play with something wrong with you because you got a lower extremity, because that's how where am I going though, Joe? If I can't all of a sudden, I can't be sudden all of a sudden, I'm a dB and I can't raise my arm.
Speaker 2: How do I knock down the pass? How do I intercept the past?
Speaker 1: Or if I got an injury, I got something with my knee, my hips or something ankle. And guess what only thing people in the stand seeing people at home see, man, y'all you're a game up a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Man. Sorry, he don't feel off bad because he used to be good. He don't feel all bad on what they see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't see Monday to you know, and getting treatment and all that stuff. You're not able to practice, you potentially have to shoot up, you have to take medication.
Speaker 2: They don't see any of that.
Speaker 1: All they see is Alexander on the back of that pack of jersey and whether or not he's making plays or not.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple. Yeah did you or didn't you?
Speaker 1: Damn that's unfortunate, man, And I guess they were trying to like come to a number that was amenable to both parties, excuse me, and they could just never get there.
Speaker 2: Maybe he thought it was too low. They thought it was too high.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, we've seen teams and amount of money they won't eat, because we've seen them eat Aaron Rodgers contract Green Bay. We've seen the Broncos eat Russell Wilson's contract. So there is not a denomination forty fifty sixty million dollars. They don't care. And there's a good chance the falcon the probably have to eat Cousins summer Cousin's contract.
Speaker 3: Right, So you don't you don't think obviously he's not gonna move.
Speaker 1: Huh No, because I'm sure they're gonna want whoever who have take him to pay us. Some stand at each other of that that contract and they're like, nah, we just wait for you to release him, but we can get it for minimum.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, damn, I mean to pay fifty million dollars for a backup? Hey, that's good money, up boy, Can you imagine? Yeah, back up fifty million. I just I remember when this deal came down and you and I was talking about it, said, oh.
Speaker 3: Cho, we sure was yeah, listen, I sure thought he was gonna get at least two years in. I ain't know he even, I didn't know. I didn't know it would be that soon.
Speaker 1: I said, at best case scenario, he gets two. I said, but oho, what if he only gets one and you got all that guaranteed money? You and a Russell Wilson situation. Yeah, yeah, and that's a and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Russell's situation was a little you know, they wanted some protections and get the guaranteed money.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Russell's like, nah, I'm not waiving that, not get it.
Speaker 1: But cousin man, and I think they still got another ten million next year they away, cause he got one hundred and ten I think he got he got one hundred tiying a four year, one hundred and eighty million dollar deal, but one hundred and ten of it was guaranteed fifty SI bonus and then six year old the next two years.
Speaker 3: Hey, one thing by brother cousins man.
Speaker 5: Listen, God he he God has been good to him great and his timing, his timing is been impeccable every time, and he better on himself. One thing about it, when you bet on yourself, He's come out on top every single time.
Speaker 1: So how much you got eighty four. He got eighty four to siven one hundred and eighty four million, not no, eighty four million four that's twenty one.
Speaker 2: Million dollars a year. Uh huh. No, I was talking about We talked about cousins ad. I was like, I was, I was like, tweety do Now you're way more than that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing though, o Jo, I mean cousin. Now, Cousin's got like fifty million guaranteed. He got sided bonus because I think he had one hundred and ten It was one hundred and eighty for four years, and then I think he had one hundred and ten guaranteed, maybe one hundred and fifty guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Whoa hey, could you imagine?
Speaker 2: Could a chap?
Speaker 3: Could you imagine?
Speaker 5: Just close your eyes real quick and just imagine you go to sleep at the night and you wake up in the morning it's and it's fifty million in your bank account.
Speaker 3: But Uncle Samon took half of it.
Speaker 2: O Jo he got he got ninety total.
Speaker 1: Fully, if you think about o Jo, he's never had a contract since he became to start in Washington that wasn't guaranteed because remember he played on he played on the franchise tag. One year he played on the franchise tag. The second year, Minnesota fully guaranteed the deal. And then he came back. He got another fully guaranteed deal and now what to call him? Just gave him one hundred million fully guaranteed. Hey, so he got fifty this year, he got fifty. Last year, he got forty. This year, that's ninety. He got another t in next year.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, that's God, child man, God don't play by this sharing.
Speaker 2: He don't.
Speaker 1: But when we come to jayre for the Mark Murphy to say what he said, you think that's pharophyle.
Speaker 2: You know what, what did you tell me? What did I tell you?
Speaker 3: I want owners?
Speaker 2: You say you won't? You want the truth? More owners need to start speaking like this.
Speaker 5: They don't really have an owner. They have a CEO to see that the only T that all the TA to have oldership, right, Yeah, I mean, listen, tell us how you really feel right now? The Bengals are in this situation right now. I mean, obviously I know there's no one over there that would do that, But tell us why you really don't.
Speaker 3: Want to pay him? You know it would be it would be it would be a breath of fresh air if we can get owner to speak out why them really don't want to do things similar what Mike Murphy, Mark Murphy, did.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: We like him, we just don't feel we want to invest that much money into him.
Speaker 5: We don't think he's Okay, you got you got seventeen and a half sacks two years in a row.
Speaker 3: But we don't think he can do it for another year.
Speaker 2: Right, Just come out and say it.
Speaker 5: We don't see him as a Michael Parsons or, we don't see him as a Miles Garrett type. He's a tier or two DEFENSI come out and say it, because if it was anybody else, tell if it was Miles Garrett, Oh you're gonna get your money.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of like I think I think who was it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Ricky guy wanted the one of a big contract. He said, what you hit last year?
Speaker 4: Son?
Speaker 1: He said, out hit three fifty seventeen homers and eighty five RBIs. He said, what place did we finish in the division? He said, we finished last. He said we can finish that without you, So I guarantee you Cincinnati's having this conversation. Where do we finish with them defense with seventy When you got those seventeen half sacks, you were in defensive Player of the year running. Where did we be finished? Where did we finish defensively? Okay, we can finish that without you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that that's the that's how they guarantee.
Speaker 2: They're having those conversations, you and I thinking, oh, Joe, he should be a no brainer. The guy got.
Speaker 1: Seventeen a half sacks. He did it one year. He didn't do it just one year, he did it two years. Yeah, So you're like, okay, fine, cool, But a lot of times what the mistakes? And sometimes you know you better to wait. If you get team you saved yourself probably thirty million dollars if you signed him last year. If you go ahead and give see now, if you gave a trade twenty eight million last year, get jump on that with both feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you sees where the market is going to market is not in the in the high twenties, low thirties, the markets in the forties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see, you know what you see what you just said the way you've just explained it about the timing of starting to pay the players, And that's a difference in brother Harry Roseman and Jeffrey Lewy.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Timing and when they decide to play payers has always been impeccable.
Speaker 2: You get them.
Speaker 3: Before it's too high.
Speaker 2: That's the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get him at the right time where it makes sense.
Speaker 5: And it's almost to a point where it's team friendly in a sense because you can continue to build around them.
Speaker 2: Yep. And man, I wish man, I wish more teams did that.
Speaker 3: Huh, Yeah, I don't give himself up.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: We previously spoke about the reports that Terry McLaurin is frustrated with the lack of progress on a long term deal. Well, new reports say that scary Terry is not attending Commander's many camps. All these camps, now, O Joe, are mandatory. There are no more voluntary. They're all mandatory, ojo. How with the situation ended, don't get that money, don't get his money. You know you gotta tell you how you're gonna get his money. I'm gonna tell you, Yeah, I'm gonna tell you how you're gonna get his money.
Speaker 2: How you gonna get it? Shoot? Jayde Dan from go up There? Hello, who is it in? Jayden?
Speaker 5: I need my number one quarterback, I need my captain. I'm not sure what you need to do on your end, but I know what I need on my end. I need scary terry to get that money. So I had that that that's safety net. So I had that individual to throw to the same one. Pull up the film from last year. I don't understand what.
Speaker 2: The problem is. I don't know what we mulling around for.
Speaker 3: Hit him his money. I still got two years before I'm up, so we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going but yeah, this year, next year, after next year, I'm gonna come see you too. And if I got him, that increases my value too, because I know I'm gonna put up big numbers and I see where it's going. So I'm about I'm trying to get sixty two. Damn, I'm trying to get hold on. I tried to get Josh. I'm trying to get Josh Allen, number sixty two. Josh Allen would have up sign two years. I'm two years after Josh Allen. I'm trying to keep the market going.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, how.
Speaker 2: Much Josh Allen? How much Josh Allen got full of guaranteed.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what you ain't got to give me, you ain't got to give me for three hundred, make it all guaranteed, three hundred.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen got three thirty. How much is full of guaranteed?
Speaker 1: Two fifty? He got a quarter billy, he got two fifty full of guaranteed. Okay, boom, that's me so six years, three thirty. I don't really care nothing about that. Tell me how much if it floods, if it's snow, if it's a tornado or range, I don't care. Tell me what I'm gonna beat, what I'm gonna get. So guess what by that time on Joe two seventy five, that gonna be the going rate two seventy five.
Speaker 3: Hey, so see de Stroud gonna be in that in that Ballpaul to then you.
Speaker 2: Strive up there after this sheet.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yes, and you better hold Patrick Mahome don't do say you know what, I'm tired all these.
Speaker 2: Jokers make it more than me. Give me my true value.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. He's made it abundantly clear. He like he's doing great with money. They've done great by him, and he's like, look, I'm just trying to keep this team together as long as I possibly can keep his money, good players around me all our time.
Speaker 2: I'm Brady as I possibly can. Hey, and plus the money that I make off the.
Speaker 5: Field can sustain my lifestyle, and it makes up for what he's not gonna make in contracts as opposed that other quarterbacks has taking a huge lum sum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the thing is, oh Jo, when you look at it, my homeboy, he's gonna be like Brady. Brady's not the is not the highest paid, was not the highest paid quarterback, even though he played the most years, He didn't make the most money. Aaron Rodgers at four hundred and eight million, I think, and then Matthew Staffords at three ninety one. Tom Brady way way on that. I mean, Tom Brady, listen, don't feel sorry for me. Made really good money. But Tom, it became painfully became obvious to everybody.
Speaker 2: The most important thing was rings.
Speaker 1: It wasn't money because Tom realized as a quarterback he was gonna be able to make money. Now he's making thirty five million or thirty seven million a year for ten years, so he good so he said, Now, now, look, I give y'all some of the chase, cause y'all can pass me monetarily.
Speaker 2: I want to see, dude that's gonna catch me with these rings? Go get it? Who'll get seven? Who will get six?
Speaker 1: While we're talking about it, I'm already there. I'm in the clubhouse, he said. Look, I've already shot under par I'm in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: Come catch it. Damn so God, damn Terears Like, Look, bro, I have been to the Pro Bowls out of out of thousand yard seasons. I don't really know what else y'all want me to do. I don't know. I don't know what else I need to do to show you that I'm worth whatever I say I am.
Speaker 5: And his situation is different. He's gonna get his money. It's just about being patient in the timing of when it gets done.
Speaker 3: Miss Minnie.
Speaker 2: Camp.
Speaker 5: To make sure you're working out before the Seaton Star, maybe before training camp. You don't want to miss nother training camp. You don't know, now, you don't you don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure that the organization understands you're going in a different direction. You're going in different directions. You had a phenomenal season last year. You got things off, you got things off to a great start. Don't don't f it up. Don't f it up, don't piss off the fans. You had a great season in NFC Championship last year. Let's keep that momentum and consistency of greatness going forward and changing that culture.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Reports are saying coach wide receiver wide receiver coach Reggae Wayne Reggae Wayning, that is, Reggie Wayne is viewed as a possible interim head coach if Shane Stikeen struggles to start the season.
Speaker 2: Oh yoe, I I like it. You don't like it? Now?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing you know they're under you know, Jim ursa rest is soul. Mister passed away a month ago. His three daughters took over. I think it's oldest daughter. Although they all have roles, she is the majority. She makes the decision because even if it's a family thing, the NFL wants that be one boys. They want one person to be able to talk. And so she if she's the you know, the oldest, and I guess he you know, put it in a situation where okay, you have a this and it's going to go accordingly. But that'll be very, very interesting because it's one thing like damn, all of a sudden, we're thrust into this and we're running a billion dollar corporation, a multi billion dollar corporation. It's something entirely different. When you got a head coach situation in your first year, that's not something that you know, you've been on the job for five six years old, show you you want to kind of understand it, But your first year you got to make that decision.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, they've been around the game.
Speaker 5: Though they've been around the game long enough they be certain decisions that are going to be made that can be you know, somewhat altering business decision and business decisions, and that that is one of them. Listen, I'm not sure who made the call or who made the decision when Jeff Jeff.
Speaker 3: Saturday got the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Jim Mercy.
Speaker 3: Jim Mercy.
Speaker 2: So again, he loves his players. He's really closed it players.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, so, I mean, I think I think it would be a great, great opportunity for for Reggie. He knows the organization, he knows the fan base, He understands the culture and and and what with not the fans, but what that organization needs.
Speaker 3: To get any back to their winning ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the thing, Oh, Joe, you have to understand, Jim Mercy had a personal relationship with Jeff's Saturday.
Speaker 2: They're just even though they're around, they don't have the same.
Speaker 1: Type of relationships. They haven't developed that. And it's different male female, you know what I'm saying on Joe. So going out, you know, mister Ertha, going out and drinking with with with Saturday and some of the guys is one thing.
Speaker 2: That's not what they're gonna do. They're not gonna have that same dynamic as their father had.
Speaker 1: And so that's what you know. I don't wish I don't want Shane Stikeen. I don't want him the man to lose his job. But I mean, this is a situation they're just saying. They're just throwing stuff up, like what if they eat struggles. Yeah, Shane is gonna be okay. Yeah, Shane is gonna be okay. Him losing your job is all predicated on how the quarterback play is. Yes, this is the quarterback players. That's all it comes down.
Speaker 5: To that's the Madam want to call it the elephant in the room, but that's the goddamn elephant in the room. How well is a quarterback player gonna play? Because if the quarterback player is bad, he's gonna get you fired.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 1: And sometimes they play just good enough to get themselves, get the coach fired, and them cut self cut.
Speaker 2: That was rich rich used to tell us.
Speaker 1: Richard Smithew, that special teams coach. He says, Son, you play just well enough to get me cut and you fired. So that's gonna be a tough I mean, I think Houston is gonna be you know, Houston's gonna rebound, even though they won the division last year. I think they'll be a little bit better. We're gonna be very interesting to see how Jacksonville does this year. They got a new head coach. They got Travis Hunter. We'll see, uh, Trevor Lart.
Speaker 3: Yeah he got to come back.
Speaker 2: He got Bryan Thomas Jr.
Speaker 3: Traves. Yeah, I'm excited. Hey that hey is jackson Jacksonville. Man, what what that's best? Stadium gonna be rocking, boy, that stadium gonna be rocking.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: The volume