Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe.
Speaker 1: I'm Caroline Hepcat alongside Jamana Basecci and we're joined Pipelin Bank's equity support to Chloemer leg Good morning, Chloe. DHL shares have jumped twice that Yeah, so for DHL profit be estimates by a good margin. So if we dig into the segments a little bit more, we can see where exposure to global trade comes in and what kind of segments have been impacted and not impacted. So it's doing quite well because the post and parcel segment was really resilient things to price increases. But then the global forwarding division, which is the one that's really exposed to tariff's was actually weighed down quite a bit by lower trade volumes. But crucially DHL, and that's the reason why it's doing well is because it's not as exposed to transpecific trade as much as some other companies in that sector. And the ongoing kind of cost cutting initiatives that it's started really helped and so it maintained its guidance, so we can see the shares responding to that. We have Musk reporting a little bit later this week, and that's still in that shipping industry, so we'll see how it's actually dealing with those lower rates. On the flip side, Continental has missed analyst estimates some weakness showing up in its tire division.
Speaker 2: How's the market responding today?
Speaker 1: So yeah, for Continental, the shares shares are down, but it's a bit of kind of two stories, and the market seems to be responding, maybe quite harshly to that type weakness in tires. But the automotive business, which makes sense and break system is actually in pretty good shape and that's the one that will be spun off in September. So that division cut costs and it raised prices ahead of its IPO which is scheduled for September, and is therefore doing quite well. But then on the other hand, the tire's business, which is the business that Continental is keeping, that disappointed. And it's the problem here is that the margins are really weighed down by the costs from tariffs and then also really strong euro compared to the dollar. But Continental is reversing its portfolio expansion and only becoming now it tires only business. But that's the division where we see a little bit more weakness. We'll see how that kind of goes, you know, going forward.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's Continental.
Speaker 1: Moving on to BP in the oil and gas sector, share prices up as much as two point eight percent this morning following the earnings.
Speaker 2: Tell us more about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a really big earnings beat this morning for BP. So that really much better just net income than what was expected. But we also have a seven hundred and fifty million dollar buyback and also an increased dividends, So shares are moving on that. But they're also moving on the updates on its turnaround plan. So it said that it was cutting nine hundred million dollars of structural cost or it had cut that in the first half, and it also expects to receive about three billion dollars from their investments, and it said it's new chairman will cond review of the entire portfolio. So BP is obviously under pressure from activist investor Elliott, and that activist investor is trying to get BP to ctcasts in to refocus on oil and gas, and it seems that BP is responding to those demands, and shares have moved higher on that response.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.