Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. Do Hey, it's Delilah. If you are stressing out today, here are my words of advice as concisely as sweetly as I can put them. Laugh often, watch silly movies. Call your best friends, do something stupid, Laugh often, Laugh hard, Laugh loud. Laughter is the best medicine. Don't take life too seriously. Learn from your mistakes. Better yet, learn from my mistakes. Be wise, look around and go you know what, that didn't work out so well? Not going to do that again. And remember there is a dynamic, fabulous plan that is working out in your life. It might not look like it, it will unveil itself in time. Kathy, you've called the Delilah Show. What can I do for you tonight? Well?
Speaker 2: I had a birthday last week, but I also am requesting a love song for myself. I went through a horrible divorce a couple of years ago, and I found myself and I am so in love with myself that I just cannot believe life can be this good. After twenty four years married to a man.
Speaker 1: So you are married for twenty four years and divorced. I'm assuming right.
Speaker 2: He walked out on myself and my daughter wiped out the bank account, had a texting affair going on with a coworker while I was in the oncologist's office being cleared of cancer. And I was second wife. He's now on his third wife with three new children, and I'm putting our daughter through college on my own. You helped me get through every single night for the last almost two months. I have no money to pay my telephone, my internet, or my TV. I rely on your radio station to get me through.
Speaker 1: Well, Kathy, I thought I had married, you know, the biggest jerks in the world, But I think you got me beat girl yet.
Speaker 2: And he's seventeen years older than me, but is now thirty four years older than his present wife. And he had the nerve to bring her to my oldest daughter's wedding, okay, and they were expecting their first child and his grandson will be five and he has never seen him.
Speaker 1: Ain no fool like an old fool exactly. Well, let me play a good song for you, honey.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to lie Hi.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Delilah show.
Speaker 3: Who is this Tony?
Speaker 1: Hi, Tony, Welcome aboard. What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: First off, I wanted to tell you that every time I'm listening to your program, I always tear up a little bit. Nothing actually makes me tear hoop quite like that, except perhaps The Titanic.
Speaker 1: But it's just the saddest movie ever.
Speaker 3: It is. I mean, I was a ten year old boy and right there, you know, I just that was it. I was like, I want a romance like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted a romance like that, But I you know, I kept saying, why is why are you letting him go blim up on that piece of wood with you?
Speaker 3: I never understood that. As again, yeah to a ten year old, that was like, I don't understand is that we were supposed to do that?
Speaker 4: Or yeah?
Speaker 1: No to me to this day, I don't understand that. And why throw the necklace in the ocean? Why why throw the necklace in the ocean and give it to somebody that needs it?
Speaker 3: You're not thinking about the future. What about college tuition?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you? No no, no, no no, don't throw that overboard.
Speaker 2: Don't throw that too.
Speaker 1: Late, too late. Well, I'm glad you called. I'm glad you're listening, and I will play that song for you, my friend.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you so much, Delia. You have a great night.
Speaker 1: Good night. Hi, thank you for calling the Delilah Show. Who is this?
Speaker 5: My name is Jason. How's it going?
Speaker 1: It's going well? What can I do for you? Jason?
Speaker 5: I would like to play a song for a handful of my friends that are going through hard times right now?
Speaker 1: All right? Who are you thinking of?
Speaker 5: My friend Stephanie, my friend Doug, my friend Becky, a few other people with love stuff.
Speaker 1: They're all going through hard luck with love stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I tend to play the superhero of all my friends.
Speaker 1: So you're busy solving all their problems. How about you? Are you having a good love life? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: All right, what's your honey's name?
Speaker 5: I just want to dedicate this to my friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're not talking about you. We're deflecting here and just talking about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I'm on kind of the outs of somebody, so I don't really want to look get into it.
Speaker 1: Aha. See, I knew the truth would come out.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, come on now, I'll be trying to pick you.
Speaker 1: Up for the nights, Ober, I will play that you have a great night.
Speaker 5: Thank you for calling you by good work.
Speaker 1: Lynn. Hide this Delilah.
Speaker 2: How are you hi, Delilah?
Speaker 4: I'm just fine.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, I just wanted to honor my husband on our twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 1: When's your anniversary?
Speaker 4: Well we just had it actually a little while ago.
Speaker 1: Happy anniversary, Happy anniversary, Happy anniversary, Happy anniversary.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Twenty five years.
Speaker 4: We've been very happily married. Now twenty years, happily married.
Speaker 1: Twenty The first five were't so happy.
Speaker 4: Well, fortunately for us, we've never been able to say the bad years were at the same time, so we don't agree on which five years weren't good bye.
Speaker 1: But someplace in those last twenty five years there's been at least four or five that were kind of wrap.
Speaker 4: Everybody goes through their ups and downs, but thank goodness, we've both been too stubborn to give up.
Speaker 1: And what can I play for you and your beloved tonight?
Speaker 4: Go ahead and find one. You're the queen of love songs.
Speaker 1: I am the queen of sappy love songs. There aren't many things in this world that I'm really good at but picking sappy love songs. I am okay at. I know that I will find a good song for you. Congratulations, Sonny, thank you so much. I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday. On Ay, It's Delilah Lo