Speaker 1: This is, he said a yadjo with Eric Winter and Rodland fantab Welcome back to another episode, he said at d Ho Nay some of our favorite episodes. Audience questions. I know we've been doing these a lot recently. Yes, we'll try to get too as many as we can. At Emil asks who are your favorite musicians and what kind of music inspires you?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, guys, my thing is I like salsa music. I like salsa, I like ballads. You know Alejandro sanz A, Luis Miguel, Ricky Martin, this Christian. I don't know they're together anymore, El Juan, Luis Guerra American. I'm old school. I like I used to love Earth Supply and Journey and things like that, and George Michael. But my thing is tropical, guys. That gives me life. Tropical music.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is I love all the same music that she does as well. I mean, obviously Latin music I didn't grow up listening to, but as much I would as many of the ones I did know a lot of them. I'd take it back. I did know a lot of them, but not the tropical, not the salsa as much, and all that, but I do love all the music she describes. We had that in common. But I am also like way into rap, way I like pretty much everything. I have not really gotten into country as much, although this this one song I'm way into right now. That's like a very very big song on the charts called a bar song, Tipsy by Shaboozi. That song is fun. I might start liking country after that song. I'm also liking she loves country. I've been catching myself listening to more country wall and I'm actually.
Speaker 2: Morgan than one that is dating Kyl the richer the girl.
Speaker 1: No, it's a guy. Oh anyway, So I've been listening to more country, but that's not generally my thing. When I'm at the gym doing stuff like that, it's like it's rap. I like, I've been listening to all this Kendrick Lamar and Drake rap beef going on.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about it. I'm consumed about I'm uncles. I'm all consumed with Puff Daddy Piddy and what's happening with p dds A mess. It's a mess, and it drives me crazy.
Speaker 1: When I picked you up for the first time, you remember I came up to the house bumping with speed like loud bass.
Speaker 2: And I almost I contemplated no coming out of the house. I was like, no, this kid is confused. I don't know it's happening. That was pop rap and the car was very low to the ground.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: It's not my thing and this but listen, okay, listen to this one.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I you know it's also consuming me, like besides p d D the j Low Beneffleck saga. Okay, and you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: I was reving here and I love all that you say. I love all the guys.
Speaker 2: I love it. No, I'm actually very sad about it because I hope it's not true because after watching the documentaries, you know, I don't comprehend how it's possible. That's so fast things are going south, and I wish her happiness and love. So it's actually breaking my heart. And I you know what's crazy, I'm driving here. This never happens to me. I wonder if this is a symbol symbolism, because I'm all, no, look, I never forget my my wedding ring and I put all this jewey and I'm driving here to the podcast room and I don't have my lose.
Speaker 1: My mind right now because you know, all the time look at me bling bling.
Speaker 2: I was like, I've forgotten my I forgot my wedding ring. They're going to take a picture of me and they're gonna say we have we're having trouble. Nobody's following me, so it's okay.
Speaker 1: Clearly we're going we have some problems.
Speaker 2: No, but it isn't that weird. That has never happened to me. And I feel naked. I'm literally naked. I'm sure not used to. You're the one that lives going to the.
Speaker 1: Gym without the work out with a ring on my finger. That's all scratched, dude.
Speaker 2: I I work out with my ring on this.
Speaker 1: I don't mind to get all scratched up and out of it. Every time Eric leaves coming gym, I don't take my ring.
Speaker 2: That's what you need. That that's funny. Of all places in the world where you need a ring, is it the gym? This is funny. Guys like girls also full of It's like there's a there is a there's an equinox. How you saying it? And I'm not saying everybody goes to equinox just for the show of it all, because some people truly go to workout and you know, get their healthy hour and the in and out of all these women going so provocative, Like when I go to the gym, I'm not don't go anymore. I just work out of my house. But I didn't want to be shown. Like on the contrary, I will cover myself to go to the gym because it's not about that. And you see them parading. It's like a fashion show and you feel like, girls.
Speaker 1: This is the culture. What do you what do you buy a little lemon alo or any of these places you buy. People are buying fitted workout gear. That's this.
Speaker 2: Then you put out you put a vest on top of it, a sweatshow. It's a show, Eric, it is a show.
Speaker 1: A little top and you love it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they get sweaty, like they start and I don't know. And it was like she looks like the hair is getting at a ware. They're like red cheek.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're wearing what is being sold in the market. Workout gears tight for women for.
Speaker 2: Men, go with baggies and be comfortable. There's nothing comfortable about a g string with a tight legging that is made of sympathetic to see them, that gives infections and bacteria and stuff.
Speaker 1: Just that I'm looking at their butt. But you don't want to see panty lions. You want to see a thought the quiet. You're not gonna walk around with tights on in a freaking regular underwear.
Speaker 2: And the sweatpants.
Speaker 1: I know, but if you wore leggings to the gym, you're not well, of course I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Do, and then I'm gonna be caught. Then I'm uncomfortable the entire time.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Well, but you're gonna wear comfortable, that's what you're gonna wear.
Speaker 2: I went hiking through the guys and I'm covered her with to toe. I have a hat and I have glasses. I don't know. I don't want to be bothered.
Speaker 1: This would not have been the ra in her twenties because you are on a talk show in a thong and basically pasties and like ad dress that would barely cover you. What talk shows that I don't know many talk shows you barely had clothes on.
Speaker 2: When what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You would be on carpet show, tell me is out cleavage? The thigh you were showing your whole body all the time in your time a hypocrite, I'm being a hypotrites. Girls are generally.
Speaker 2: If you haven't show up. You talk about having a healthy lifestyle, especially when it comes to eating. When you are running around and you need something in a pinch, what is a good healthy option and what if you have to get fast food?
Speaker 1: That's a great question, and I'm going to be honest. For me, I avoid fast food like I will sit there and starve for the longest time. And I think when we've been in a crunch like it happened to Dylan Night, which is our version. A lot of times the fast food now is like Starbucks. Right, you're like, oh, but it's an a grap but it's still filled with sodium, and it's pre made and it's frozen, and it's still not great, right, but I feel it's better than other things. However, it's still fast food. So sometimes we'll get like the protein box, which is really just like a harribleled egg and some protein, some peanut butter and crackers maybe and cheese or something like that.
Speaker 2: I would say I would go to if we're going to do that. Quick stop is Starbucks for the most part.
Speaker 1: But I would, yeah, for sure, and anywhere I can find to stop and just grab a salad or a clean sandwich, like something that feels like it's relatively made healthy. But I just I avoid, and that's just me. I don't know. I ate fast food my whole life growing up, but I just avoid fast food like the plague. I don't go to any of these. Yeah, we don't like it fast food stops. Look at this one at Petrol Caerry protein bars. Like you. That's also not she We've talked about it. You have Tosh or Whoppers stash. You're always putt stuff in your.
Speaker 2: Car Petrel Underscore, Timon Underscore, Sawny. This is not a quite but a comment. I am a German and I wanted to say thank you for motivating me to improve my English and learn some Spanish. The show helps me helps me be conversational with my English. Thank you. You are more than welcome. This is so awesome. Once again, our fans from Germany, we have to go to Germany. Eric Germany. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: There are a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: And what advice do you have for someone who is about to graduate high school and starting to join the adult world from the Rookie Underscore seven.
Speaker 1: And someone is about to graduate high school. I mean, well, I don't know. If you're not going to college, it would buy you a little time into the adult world travel pre adult world travel for sure, if you can. It's hard because you have to pay bills. You have to get out there and start working. I believe. I believe in if as soon as you start getting out there and working, as soon as you can do what you love as your passion and you enjoy your job, please start with that. If it's something you have to do for the sake of making money, find some aspect in it that makes you happy and proud to be doing it. Because nothing annoys me more than when people are doing jobs and acting like they hate the job that they're in. You know, it's like, if that's the job you're doing, do it to the best of your ability and make it.
Speaker 2: Except well, that's only fifty percent of the workforce. Usually people that love what they do for it.
Speaker 1: No, But, like I'm saying, especially if you're in the customer relations department, right, if you're dealing with the service industry, do it to the best of your ability and you will be rewarded long term somehow.
Speaker 2: But you know what's interesting, guys, I was about to send Eric this TikTok that I saw to David. I was like, you know, I'm not going to do it because he's going to have a very specific opinion anyways, I know what he's going to say. But it was this man. He was at a very important, huge podcast, This man that I follow that I like a lot, you know, and they question and they're very very provocative when it comes to points of view. And this man was saying, what is the only thing that I regret doing to my kids right as a parent, And he said, send them them to school? What sending them to private school? Send them them? Sending them to public school? And then he says, and then sending them to private school because I believe the.
Speaker 1: Public school first, and then going to private school.
Speaker 2: And then he regrets both because he understands the option, because the option is he believes school is designed to indoctrinate and everything about it, for the most part is what I tell you all the time is not useful once they go into the world. That's why they didn't send it to you the way he explained.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, school. That's ridiculous a point, there's no point like at I could see a person going like, oh, private school was actually worse in some ways than a public school or vice versa. Obviously, you know, I grew up public school my whole life. But I think and I had this long conversation funny enough with the tennis coach that's about a school because you'll start playing tennis there, and this you know, craze about all these kids homeschooling and homeschooling, and they're saying that in colleges, these kids that are getting scholarships, A lot of these colleges are really encouraging school now, even more so because and we actually heard this firsthand from a girl that was at Sebby's tennis academy that went to play for Princeton and a lot of her friends that are on the tennis team were homeschooled and when they got to college, they were lost. They were getting behind because they didn't know how to manage their time and actually operate in a school setting. So a lot of these colleges are encouraging these kids that are coming in on scholarships from homeschooling. You should go to school. You should stay in school as much as you can because it opens up your brain into the way of thinking and processing things in a school environment.
Speaker 2: This is a problem that I have. Yes, there are a lot of education is everything. I just wish that the same. The same way schools, private schools, all schools are becoming more and more and more progressive and welcoming different philosophies, you know, and acceptance of all kinds of genders, you know, and educating that part of what's happening with the world. You know, it's an uprising, it's a new beginning, it's it's a it's a new era. The same way they dedicate so much time to that, I wish they will also dedicate more time into truly teaching them about life and existence and and and gardening and eating healthy, and economics and credit and investment, and like, I just want them to create a more full circled individual. It shouldn't be so much about for years and years and years, it's the same curriculum, the same books, the same eight to eight, eight to three, and the bell rings and they all like little cattle, you know, everything feels so repetitive and there's no evolution.
Speaker 1: Definitely time that could be used more efficiently.
Speaker 2: The pe time is like forty five minutes. They don't even like it. It's doing the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 1: Is super important. I do condition it is, but it shouldn't be wrong.
Speaker 2: The field four times and then let's do some jumping jacks.
Speaker 1: Guys know, well, you have to do with what you can in that time.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: Pe is actually one of the very important aspect of school.
Speaker 2: Winter, Barrett Winter, I'm not saying that it's not, of course, it is what I'm saying, but change the freaking playbook.
Speaker 1: There could be more things about nutrition, There could be more things about We didn't really answer anyway. We did answer this question at all. I feel terrible. We actually just told you how how your high school probably should have done everything differently. That was a mess. Listen, travel, travel, love what you do, and uh just give it your best and.
Speaker 2: My own school. Lord, so many things in life and I don't have enough time or money.
Speaker 1: How you can open your own school? Huge? Can you call me? You're talking about?
Speaker 2: I have so many ideas. Nobody takes me seriously. That's what's so sad?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: My accent? Do I come across like an uneducated. I'm very educated.
Speaker 1: Clara, Clara, Clarimicia, And you say this is there. Why are you laughing about yourself?
Speaker 2: I don't know. There is illusional because I hate everybody.
Speaker 1: Is there a life lesson that you have learned from a character that either of you have played, a life lesson that a character you've played has taught you.
Speaker 2: I wish I had karenin Luna's belief in herself. Karra Man Luna from Vivius Metz was the best, ambitious and relentless and a dreamer and life. You know, it's hard, Carmel Luna for life.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have a follow up to that.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. This is a good one from jab Dutch. You mentioned that going to church in an episode. You mentioned that you guys go to church and episode, but also that you are spiritual. I am wondering if you feel there is a difference between being religious and.
Speaker 1: Spiritual one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: What is a difference?
Speaker 1: Eric Well? I think being spiritual is your connection with God or your higher being, whatever you want to call the energy of the world, you know, the universe. It's it's being spiritual to a greater purpose and I think that connection is super important and less about a religion and following you talking about doctrinating right, following the path of one belief system if you don't feel it's right for you. I think it's about the connection with a higher purpose or God, let's call it as I like to say God. But thereybody is something different. But I think that spirituality to me is more important than the institution of religion for me. I do love going to church. I love having a setting. I love the way it makes me feel, I love the energy it brings me. But I could walk into a Buddhist temple and also feel incredibly special with what that's going to give me. I've walked into many different spiritual buildings, whatever they may be right structures, and I feel that same overwhelming appreciation for what their practices are. One of the best classes I ever took in school was World Religions. I took that.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating. I think spirituality is unbelievable and the best feeling in the world. I'm not talking about religions specifically religions. I'm talking about that connection that you have with Source, with the universe, with God, with whatever you believe I think it is so so important, Like I don't know how people can walk through life without having spirituality as part of their being. I don't understand it that when somebody says I'm a full atheist, like I don't believe in anything. I don't believe in God, I don't listen. I respect you. I'm sure you have your reasons, and it doesn't mean you're a bad person. You can be an outstanding person. But just the fact that you lack spirituality, I don't. It's like somebody that I don't like dogs. I don't connect with dogs.
Speaker 1: They're annoyed.
Speaker 2: They go to your house and the dog goes and they jump on them when they I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: I think people who generally, and I could be saying this in correctly, but people who generally have this feeling of I don't connect spiritually. It's not about the spirit it's about religion, what religion has done to them to make them think I don't believe in God. I don't believe in anything. However, I beg you they believe in the universe still, or they believe in a higher energy. They believe that we all, you know, die and our energy goes back into a greater source if you will, which is still kind of having spirituality. If you believe you have a soul. Now, if you don't believe you have a soul, then you can't really have any spirituality at all because you're you're not believing in that part of your of your body.
Speaker 2: What about Anita. Anita, this massive, massive Brazilian superstar. Our music is great, She's beautiful, and she came out publicly, openly saying that her religion is Santaria, which is like Caribbean voodoo, and she lost like two hundred thousand followers, like it was the people were outraged.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I didn't know that that was the back.
Speaker 2: It was a big deal. And she came out defending it, saying, I am whom this is what I believe.
Speaker 1: This is where I would take her side, so to speak. She was brave enough to say this is what I believe in. You don't have to like it. You can unfollow me. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it. But she was brave enough to come out and say, this is how I identify spiritually, and this is what gives me life, right, this is what drives me in my journey. To me that whether people liked it or didn't like it, it's more powerful than all the other artists out there that are doety by hiding behind it and acting like it doesn't exist and acting like they don't do it. So to me, I give her tons of credit. And I think it's incredible because everybody has that right to believe and follow and do what they want. Spiritually, it doesn't make it even if you don't disagree with it. I mean, even if you don't agree with it, doesn't give you the right to say, I don't believe in what you're what you what you stand for. So I give her credit. I give her a lot of credit for them, because there are a lot of people that would not say it. They would do it behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Well remember the majority, at least eighty percent of the music, basinis and the entertainment business, they do some form of magic. It is true, the guys, is there anybody? Is it true that I've seen it firsthand? And they all they they never talk about it openly or they don't want to collect the millions, and they don't want to do the offerings, and they kill the chickens and they don't want that okay, and they don't say anything.
Speaker 1: I have no words at Angela Club. I am dating someone and we both have commitment issues. We have been seeing each other for a year, and I know we need to have a conversation on where it is going. We basically live together, We spend the night at my home five to six days a week. How do I approach one ting more? Well, let's see a year. The year is a pretty good timepends on the age of these I don't know the age of you, Angela, but I think if you are of a reasonable likely you're in your twenties at a certain point, right, I think.
Speaker 2: But what is one and more marriage? What are we talking about.
Speaker 1: More or permanently moving in together? Maybe and giving that a try. If that's on the car, you're basically living at her house five to six days a week. I think you can open up that conversation and say, hey, you're basically here all the time. It's been a year. Where are we headed in this relationship? Do you think a year is too soon to have that conversation?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Depends on the age of the person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, Angela, I think a.
Speaker 1: Year could be a little early, like maybe you get into a year and a half, even maybe get into two years, but a year still feels really good.
Speaker 2: Angela. You know how awesome it is just to have just to live together five days a week, and then for two days you don't have to and you have the privacy of your own home.
Speaker 1: They just don't stay over for two days. They probably see each other on those two days. No I know, But then do you want me to leave for two days? Is that what you're getting at? Do you want that privacy? Should we be talking about what our next steps are?
Speaker 2: True, we'll be talking about you know that. But who's the Who's the one that came out Carson Daily and Mario Lopez separated, and if who else? I think it was Gwyneth Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth foul Trow. I apologize if I'm making it up that they also believe that it's a good thing to have separate I even I even think that this whole Benon Jayla thing is that sometimes you know, he's very autistic and he's very heady when it comes to directing and acting. Maybe he's just living in a separate house because he needs some quiet time.
Speaker 1: I ain't. I'm not down with you sleep in a different bedroom. There's no way. I know you're down with it. You would love it, but I ain't down with that.
Speaker 2: I will never do that.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that. But I think Angela, I think you could open the conversation up if you want. If you don't think it's too soon, you could even wait, you know, wait a little longer. But if you're seeing each other five to six days a week at your house, at least at your house, that's one thing. I think that's probably more comfortable for you. But I would probably have the conversation about where we headed, when do we do it? No pressure, but I would like to know you're here a lot, what are we what's the direction the path we're on? And how do you do it? You just ask?
Speaker 2: Just say communication, guys, Okay? Last one Linn's Beckstar. I am recently divorced and learning to try and comparement with my ex. Any advice on how to put myself back out there and when my confidence, when my confidence is not at its highest.
Speaker 1: So tough. I come from divorced parents. It's so tough, but I know my parents did a great job go parenting they were really both hands on all the time. And hopefully you and your ex are doing that. I hope you guys are both accepting the fact that you want to have the other parent very active in the kid's life and you don't want to try and block that or that in any kind of way. If you're going down that path successfully and you guys are respecting each other, that's a huge start. When your confidence isn't as high ast if you're ready, Are you ready to get back out there, because that's a big question, right, Your confidence can be low, but you're saying to myself yourself, I am ready. And if you're ready, you get your friends and you have a support system, and you go out and you go on a girls trip. You go on a girls trip, you go have dinner somewhere, you go to a nice you know, you have to go to a club, whatever. You just go to like nice restaurants where there's a bar, hang out, start socializing. You know, allow the energies and the world to come your way. You know that, you know it's very open to it.
Speaker 2: You know it's very powerful and it's interesting. And this is just my experience guys. When I when I got divorce the first time. I never liked. I was petrified before being married to just go to a restaurant or go to lunch by myself, Like I didn't understand how to do that. You know, I will always be like it looks weird if I'm by myself.
Speaker 1: I was so weird because you want your own bedroom and you want to be alone all the time. Because I have changed by myself all the time the.
Speaker 2: Time, nobody I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. I need a company, as like, I didn't comprehend how to do that. Then I got married, got divorced, and I so much want to It was such like a I felt like such a failure because I was so young, and I'm going like I don't want that on my resume, my life resume. You know that I am twenty five years old and I'm already divorced. I was so mortified about that fact. And I guess it was my ego. I don't know, I don't know what it was. I'm going, how am I going to tell anybody else? Like, yeah, I've been I've been married, and it was disgusting, So I did. I just didn't want to leave the house, you know, and I was so young. I'm doing so fantastic and funny enough, you know what, you want to do something funny talking about Jaylaw it's a lot of jail. I apologize Jaelo that I mentioned in your name so much. But your first husband or honey Noah Cuan the waiter from Miami that she met her first husband. We were friendly at the time. He was always been lovely with me. And I'm at a goals gym in Hollywood, funny enough, miserable, and he sees me and he goes, hey, Ross, and I'm going, oh my god, how why? So what's up with you? I'm going I had life, you know. I'm like, I'm trying to get out there, I'm trying to work out, and I'm just so uncomfortable. And he said to me, this is your prime. You're beautiful, you're so young, this is the moment that you should be so comfortable with yourself. And what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Ross?
Speaker 2: You know, snap out of it? Oh honey, Noah, isn't that crazy? And I was like, oh my god, thank you so much. And it was as simple as saying, you know what, I am going to go to breakfast and instead of just being by myself and my friends calling me a you okay, and I'm avoiding everybody. And I started just going to lunch and breakfast and early dinners by myself with a kindle or a book and just minding my own business, having a great meal, just comfortable with myself. And that was huge for me.
Speaker 1: If they were attractive, that a girl that's comfortable in herself, that wants nothing to do with anybody, exactly right. It feels hard to get so then all the guys start going, ooh, what's up with that girl? She's so occupied, Oh she's cute. And that was a very occupying boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: You start getting hit on everyone, and I didn't want to be hit by anybody, and I was like, I just want to be left alone.
Speaker 1: Get yourself back out there. It's going to be good. And thank you for sharing all your questions. Again, we appreciate you all. If there is something you want to send to us, don't forget. Send your dms to he said a a d HO on Instagram or email us at Ericnroz at ourheartradio dot com. Until next time. I love you, Thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 2: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check goes out at he said Ajay is that email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. He said, Ajabo is part of iHeartRadio's Mike would do that podcast network.
Speaker 1: See you next time. I